PDA

View Full Version : Socceroos Asian Cup Squad

MFKS
29-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Being that we are what 6 months from the Asian Cup how about we have a dick pulling contest for Foz bragging rights

Lets see who gets closest to naming the correct ACTUAL squad Ange will pick in 6 months time.

Just looking at the recent WC a lot changed over the first 6 months of 2014. Who would have thought Taggz Bailey Wright etc would go and Wilkshire Rogic etc wouldn't go

(WOULD MENTION LUCA$H BUT BAR WLG EVERYONE ELSE THOUGHT HE WOULDN'T :sparring:)

WC They name 23 and last Asian Cup it was 23 so assuming the squad total to be 23

pv4
29-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Spira is out injured for an estimated 4 months so it'll be interesting to see whether he recovers in time.

Whether Sainsbury, Good & Williams recover and find gametime for their clubs will play an obvious large part in if they come into the squad. You've also got Jovanovic (sp), Mrcela (sp) and others who were rumoured for a WC spot and didn't get a look in, so if they keep improving we might see Ange have a look at them. We've also got players like Madaschi who are filling the A-League, possibly in an attempt to get back in Ange's vision.

Kruse is apparently back from injury.

Ryan Edwards has apparently been hugely impressing in trials for Reading - if he maintains form and appearances we may see him come in.

Taggz and Brillante, it's hard to say, depends if they get game time at their clubs or not. Realistically, Taggz probably shouldn't have been included in the squad to begin with, so unless he finds gametime and goals at Fulham I can't see him being brought in again. Also depends largely on your Cahill, Kennedy, Juric type players and whether they stay healthy and in form.

One of the notable omissions from the WC squad IMO was Ruka. Will be interesting to see whether he does enough to get in.

From the WC squad I would drop Wilko for sure, I just don't rate him and it makes me sick to my stomach that the esteemed Member rallied so passionately for his inclusion, smh.

Overall though, there are a HEAP of player movements at a club level that I think could change the whole plan, nearly on a weekly basis.

MFKS
29-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Firstly **** OFF with the Alex Wilkinson Shit :rof: Bloke is Gypo Scum

Just couldn't allow that to slide through unchecked :rof:

I honestly don't see a future for Jesus under Ange. Even Timmy doesn't quite fit the Ange style of play but Ange not being a dumb **** like GVE for example at least uses his players strengths rather than rigidly jamming square pegs into round holes. Going forward I see the play evolving under Ange and there will be a lot less aimless balls into the middle looking for Timmy as he gets closer to pulling up stumps for the Socceroos

Totally disagree with your thoughts on Taggz. The bloke was banging them in every week for a shit side in the HAL. Bloke earned his spot more than other tossers like Vidosic and Troisi who done **** all in the back end of last season.

The bloke really should have been right up there for the Johnny Warren medal but the pundits would rather give things like that to that diving German in Brisbane who gets owned everytime he plays Newy I might add.The bloke done everything asked of him last season and form like that should always be rewarded with opportunity aka otherwise you have BS like what happened to Kale

Also you are implying that Juric is somehow a better player than a bloke who is basically a younger clone of Griff.

The words COMPLETE BULLSHIT can not come out of my mouth quick enough

pv4
29-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Firstly **** OFF with the Alex Wilkinson Shit :rof: Bloke is Gypo Scum

Just couldn't allow that to slide through unchecked :rof:

8 weeks ago you were singing such a different tune, MFAW.

Spira is only sidelined for 10 weeks as his surgery went well, from reports. Good news.

Jetmaster
29-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Still have this terrible feeling that Taggs will vanish in the next six months.

MFKS
31-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Ryan
Langerak
Galekovic
Franjic
Spiranovic
Davidson
Good
Kruse
Jedinak
Leckie
Milligan
McKay
Oar
Cahill
Taggart
Bresciano
Brillante
Halloran
Bratten
Troisi
Rhys Williams
Wright
Rogic

Would personally leave a few of these out by having a Gypo culling but that's the way I think we will go injuries not withstanding

MFKS
03-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Official statement from Preston North End Friday 25th July 2014.
In April of this year a number of our players were very publicly arrested in connection with a wider investigation into ‘spot fixing’ in football.

At the time, they were bailed with a date for answering bail subsequently set for Wednesday 30th July 2014.

We have today been informed that all of our players have been released from bail and are no longer under any form of formal arrest procedure.

There will be no further comment on this matter.

Read more at http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/preston-north-end-statement-250714-1782216.aspx#XYqrxAmRbMkMOKWu.99

So from this Bailey Wright will be in the clear.

Marvelous how the arrest of players generates headlines but the announcement of exoneration is released in a tiny statement

Grimario
11-08-2014, 09:10 PM
pv4's favourite, Sainsbury, was on SST tonight. He is ridiculously well spoken for a footballer, can tell he got of out gypoland early enough to not have it hinder is mental development. If he isn't one of the first selected (if available), I will be surprised.

leftrightout
12-08-2014, 10:15 AM
pv4's favourite, Sainsbury, was on SST tonight. He is ridiculously well spoken for a footballer, can tell he got of out gypoland early enough to not have it hinder is mental development. If he isn't one of the first selected (if available), I will be surprised.

Yeah one of the first for sure assuming his injury doesn't get worse. I read something on him saying he is playing through pain each week (still his knee) to be available for Asian cup.

Premy
01-10-2014, 07:01 PM
OMG OMG OMG
http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/lucas-neill-set-for-new-english-club-isco-rejects-premier-league-man-united-go-for-nevan-subotic/story-e6frf423-1227076830019

Pending MFAW V WLG in

parksey
02-12-2014, 08:44 PM
-----------------ryan

franjic---williams--spira----davidson

------jedinak-------brillante

---------------cahill

kruse----------------------------leckie/oar

---------------juric

it's a bit unrealistic with a few of the boys (williams, davidson and brillante) not playing regularly, but, how much better does that look?

i've been thinking today and i reckon playing cahill as a box-to-box man could be the answer. he plays there for his club side and still chips in with goals, plus he would add a bit of bite to the midfield and having him, our wingers plus a genuine striker makes us much more potent in attack and, more importantly, less reliant on him to score goals.

pv4
02-12-2014, 09:09 PM
If we play 2 holding mids you have to have Milligan in there. He's been way, way better than Jedi for the Socceroos over the last couple of years imo. Either play both of them, or just Jedi (he seemed to do alright on his own).

Franjic, as much as i love him, seemed quite poor last game. You can really tell he's fresh back from injury. I'd be giving Luke Wilkshire a call back up tbh.

I really liked Behich last game - i don't think Davidson has been getting enough game time to warrant that spot.

Love Juric.

parksey
02-12-2014, 09:24 PM
jedinak is obviously going to start there and rightly so, and i'd rather have brillante as he's got a bit more to his game, but it's a tough call when trying to think of a genuinely good partner for jedinak. if we had a "front four" or cahill, the wingers and a striker i definitely think we should play with two holders. if anything, i'd have milligan at centre back ahead of a hopeless case like wilkinson.

franjic i've never really been a fan of so i'd be happy with wilkshire, but i'd say that's highly unlikely.

i made the point of saying davidson hasn't been getting regular matches. behich again is someone i've never liked, but that has more to do with how he comes across personality-wise on the field. he's a little bitch, probs my most hated player in the a-league (which is no mean feat) when he was at heart. davidson on form is better anyway.

Premy
02-12-2014, 09:35 PM
What about Massimo?

parksey
02-12-2014, 10:03 PM
bench

parksey
02-12-2014, 10:43 PM
not that i don't rate him; i think he's great but he just doesn't have a spot in the side i posted above.

plague
02-12-2014, 11:12 PM
I'd play Burns and Cahill at 9 and 10. To me Burns just has that ability to go at blokes and Cahills late runs might benefit from that.
Agree Milligan will get picked over Brillante but I'd go with Parkseys idea.

I'm not a fan of Ruka, Ibini or Leckie. Will Kruse be fit? Is he playing?

Premy
03-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Not that I would have him in the starting squad but is Curtis Good injury free and playing regularly.

MFKS
03-12-2014, 09:56 AM
No he is not and hasn't played in a long while.

Bloke will not be picked at all.

parksey
03-12-2014, 01:10 PM
I'd play Burns and Cahill at 9 and 10. To me Burns just has that ability to go at blokes and Cahills late runs might benefit from that.
Agree Milligan will get picked over Brillante but I'd go with Parkseys idea.

I'm not a fan of Ruka, Ibini or Leckie. Will Kruse be fit? Is he playing?

yeah i'd be for having burns ahead of leckie. no one has really done anything to warrant securing their spot on the wing since the world cup.

i think ibini has been great for sydney this year but i'm not sure if he has a place in the squad, as leckie, oar, kruse and probs burns will be picked.

lquiquer
08-12-2014, 10:25 AM
No Jets and No (current) gypos. Only 2 Aleague side not represented. Birraz back to planet earth

Grimario
23-12-2014, 09:34 AM
http://www.socceroos.com.au/article/socceroos-23-man-asian-cup-squad-named/1nwwmsp1w7jm41gjonk71hfyyj

GK: Ryan, Langerak, Galekovic.
D: Spiranovic, Sainsbury, wilkinson, Herd, Franjic, Davidson, Behich
M: Antonis, Bresciano, Luongo, Milligan, McKay, Oar, Jedinak.
F: Troisi, Cahill, Juric, Burns, Kruse, Leckie.

Imyourhero
23-12-2014, 10:03 AM
If only Amini had been loaned out like he should have for a long time.

lquiquer
23-12-2014, 10:46 AM
No James Holland.... Has he been playing with Austria? Is he injured?

Grimario
23-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Dropped in favour of Ange favourites like Milligan and McKay. He's played 14 games in the league, club are sitting midtable but 3 points out of Europa qualifying.

The Dunster
23-12-2014, 11:17 AM
http://www.socceroos.com.au/article/socceroos-23-man-asian-cup-squad-named/1nwwmsp1w7jm41gjonk71hfyyj

Too old, too young, and too useless. Looks Like a well balanced side.

GazFish35
23-12-2014, 11:34 AM
No Lucas!

pv4
23-12-2014, 11:44 AM
No Lucas!

http://cdn5.akhbaar24.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/20120226_lucas_neill_australia.jpg

MFKS
23-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Can some one explain the continual selection of that Alex Wilkinson clown??

Beats the **** out of me what Ange sees in him

Grimario
23-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Wilkinson, Milligan and McKay... all Ange favourites that do **** all for the NT. Can almost guarantee that if he hadn't done his achilles or whatever it was that Nichols would be in there ahead of Troisi.

BodyNovo
23-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Disgrace about james holland

MFKS
23-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Wilkinson, Milligan and McKay... all Ange favourites that do **** all for the NT. Can almost guarantee that if he hadn't done his achilles or whatever it was that Nichols would be in there ahead of Troisi.
Totally agree on Milligan do not rate him.

McKay though when played in CM and in position not on the left is quite industrious and contributes at this level and is quite useful. Don't see that in him as often with the Roar

hawk
23-12-2014, 11:13 PM
No Jets and No (current) gypos. Only 2 Aleague side not represented. Birraz back to planet earth
good

Antionis? I dont see much in the aleague but i'll prefer to see if he can step up.

wilkinson :sigh: ffs posta, stop this ****

baldrick
24-12-2014, 07:15 AM
I'm looking forward to see Australia play in the 3rd/4th playoff in Newcastle..

pv4
24-12-2014, 07:29 AM
Really upset not to see Holland and Brillante in there.

Antonis I still do not see the hype about.

Glad Ibini didn't get in - the dude frustrates me so much!

I still don't see the Milligan hate. IMO he's been one of our best international performers for the last couple of years, when he has played. Jedi seems to work better as a lone DM so we'll probably not even see Milligan that much.

It's a bit scary that out of the 4 options we have for left and right back, only one plays regularly.

BodyNovo
24-12-2014, 08:38 AM
Ideally we would line up like this

-----------------------Ryan---------------------------
Franjic---Spiranovic--------Sainsbury------davidson/behich
-----------Milligan-----------Jedinak----------------
-----------------Bresc/Luongo----------------------

the front 3 there are so many options but

my preference would be

Burns----cahill----Leckie

ange will probably go

Kruse---cahill---Oar

plague
24-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Totally agree on Milligan do not rate him.

McKay though when played in CM and in position not on the left is quite industrious and contributes at this level and is quite useful. Don't see that in him as often with the Roar

Can some one explain the continual selection of that Alex Wilkinson clown??

Beats the **** out of me what Ange sees in him

Oh Member. we see you.

Gypo shame.

Jetmaster
24-12-2014, 08:46 AM
I'm looking forward to see Australia play in the 3rd/4th playoff in Newcastle..

Reckon we might see them in the semi here too....can't see them going over South Korea to top the group and it could come down to goals scored.

plague
24-12-2014, 08:46 AM
Legit though, no love for Griff, Jimmy and the Beard.
Every hates Newy boys.

Im cheering for Iran.
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/treeleaf_2009/wrst9/AAHF154_8x10-No350.jpg

MFKS
24-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Reckon we might see them in the semi here too....can't see them going over South Korea to top the group and it could come down to goals scored.

No guarantee we will even get to the semis

They ain't ranked outside the top 100 in FIFA Rankings as an over sight

parksey
24-12-2014, 03:44 PM
kinda going off ange a bit now.

i'm all for giving him time to change the style/identity of the national team, however, his team selections consistently leave a lot to be desired.

Grimario
24-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Apart from his few favourites, his team selections have been all about getting depth (apparently) across the pitch, something which he didn't have at the WC.

Grimario
24-12-2014, 03:56 PM
It's a bit scary that out of the 4 options we have for left and right back, only one plays regularly.

Aye, and a year ago, he was the one least likely to be in the squad.

Ryan
Franjic - Spira - Sainsbury - Behich
Luongo - Jedi - Bresc
Leckie - Cahill - Oar

Would love to see us line up like that, attacking intent for the opening game. Obviously won't happen but one can dream.