PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Women's Premier League

late_to_the_game
18-09-2014, 11:35 PM
The WPL will be changing for 2015:
Emerging jets are gone, still not sure where to. Rumors are they are going to play the NPL youth teams instead of the bye round.
U14 and U16 age groups are going to be introduced.
Up to three new clubs will be added. Rumors are Warner's Bay, South Wallsend or Wallsend and one other. NNSW will announce somewhere around the 13th of next month who the new clubs will be.

Thomas477
21-09-2014, 12:13 PM
I could imagine South Wallsend given they already have a WZL side. I think Wallsend have one too, so it makes sense that they could find the players to fill all grades.

Reds Forever
22-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Have heard Mayfield are wanting to make step un intp WPL. Won WZL this year in their first year in comp.

chocolate soldier
24-09-2014, 11:04 AM
I could imagine South Wallsend given they already have a WZL side. I think Wallsend have one too, so it makes sense that they could find the players to fill all grades.

surely they would not take south wallsend. they won 1 game all year last year in 1st grade and copped a tonne of goals against, this would be a ridiculous choice:shock:

Thomas477
24-09-2014, 01:48 PM
surely they would not take south wallsend. they won 1 game all year last year in 1st grade and copped a tonne of goals against, this would be a ridiculous choice:shock:

But they could fill all the age groups required. That's the main criteria from what I've seen with state leagues.

late_to_the_game
24-09-2014, 08:48 PM
The rumor at the moment is that either Southy or Wallsend are going to pick up the Newcastle rep teams as a block which makes the junior part easy. Fielding a competitive team in 1st grade will be the main problem. The Newcastle rep teams played out of Walker fields this year.
There are going to be some big scores in the first couple of years.

Thomas477
24-09-2014, 11:36 PM
The rumor at the moment is that either Southy or Wallsend are going to pick up the Newcastle rep teams as a block which makes the junior part easy. Fielding a competitive team in 1st grade will be the main problem. The Newcastle rep teams played out of Walker fields this year.
There are going to be some big scores in the first couple of years.

Southy have the numbers anyway. They've had 2 u/12s, at least 1 u/14s and u/16s, potentially an u/18 too. And you mean the Newcastle Football teams u/12, u/14 and u/16? They played at Edden this year.

late_to_the_game
25-09-2014, 10:38 PM
We played the U14 Newcastle rep twice at Walker Fields in the U16A comp.

Jardelsimage
26-09-2014, 11:32 AM
U18 Newcastle Rep played at Edden.

Thomas477
26-09-2014, 04:15 PM
We played the U14 Newcastle rep twice at Walker Fields in the U16A comp.

Might just have been the 14s and 18s then. I reffed them both at Edden.

Footyhead
26-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Hi ppl, this is my very first post so go easy on me. Been following this forum for awhile, but can state some facts for this thread as my daughter plays with Newcastle Football... NF girls 12s, 14s, 16s all trained at Southy home ground this year but their official home ground was Edden. All 3 teams played up in the next age group ie 12s played in girls 14a comp etc. The 12s made the semis, both 14s and 16s won Minors and Majors extremely easily even playing up in age group. No Newcastle Football girls teams next year so whichever WPL club picks these girls up will be doing very well... "Should" be Southy as the coaches/managers have close association there, but depends if the girls all stick together.

GazFish35
26-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Welcome footyhead

Footyhead
26-09-2014, 11:36 PM
Thank you GazFish35. Looking forward to getting abused by Mother Theresa or MKFS lol

MFKS
01-10-2014, 07:39 AM
NORTHERN NSW Football hopes to provide a year-round program for senior W-League players after gaining entry for its Emerging Jets teams into the state’s best competition for female players.

The Emerging Jets will play in the 10-team Football NSW National Premier Leagues 1 competition against Sydney clubs, the Central Coast and Illawarra.

It comes after Emerging Jets academy director Gary van Egmond recommended the girls’ teams no longer play in the Herald Women’s Premier League after the under18s won the first-grade competition this season and the under15s finished runners-up in under18s.

The Emerging Jets will field three teams in FNSW’s NPL.

The under-17 Emerging Jets will play in first grade, the under 15s will compete in the under-17 league, while the program will also enter a team in the under 13s.

They will not enter sides in under 15s or reserve grade next year.

NNSWF chief executive David Eland said it was a good result for the Emerging Jets.

‘‘We’re absolutely thrilled,’’ Eland said.

‘‘We jumped through a heap of hoops and we weren’t sure how it was going to be received, particularly from the Sydney clubs, but we’ve been accepted.

‘‘Football NSW NPL1 is the strongest club competition in Australia and to give our Emerging Jets the opportunity to play in that week in, week out is a huge bonus for our talented girls.’’

Eland said the change could also allow senior Newcastle W-League players, who will be allowed to play as over-age players in the under-17 side, to stick with the Jets in the winter.

As it stands, players are pulled together from overseas leagues, the WPL and the Sydney competition each year for the 12-round W-League season.

Eland said senior players would be under no obligation to play with the Emerging Jets but he was excited about the opportunity to provide a year-round W-league Program.

The Emerging Jets girls will host games at the Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility at Speers Point, which will also be the home of the boys’ teams which compete in the NNSWF NPL Youth competition.

FAO COUSCOUS :violin:

Hopefully they will also look at getting the EJ program into the Sydney comp soon

chocolate soldier
13-10-2014, 02:39 PM
So with the promotions being made, what teams will now make up the WZPL for womens?

late_to_the_game
13-10-2014, 11:45 PM
Wallsend are an interesting choice - one under 16 C grade girls team. Where are the U14,16 and 18s going to come from?
Unless their ZWL team was a lot of younger players....
Warner's Bay and Southy both have a good number of girls teams.

Footyhead
14-10-2014, 08:56 AM
South Wallsend to dominate 14s, 16s, do OK possibly in 18s. Will be interesting to see the first grade make up of 3 new teams.

chocolate soldier
14-10-2014, 10:31 AM
With the player base already being so spread out, i can see quite a split in the comp already, only an opinion, but there will be a couple of competitive teams, but also a few blowouts each week
Did they try to expand the comp too soon considering the WZPL is still only a new competition.... only time will tell

late_to_the_game
14-10-2014, 12:07 PM
I think we need to get used to seeing at least a couple of double digit scores in each grade each week.....

late_to_the_game
14-10-2014, 12:09 PM
South Wallsend to dominate 14s, 16s, do OK possibly in 18s. Will be interesting to see the first grade make up of 3 new teams.

Remember Football Mid North Coast is also a set of rep teams. They have been good in the NPL this year, so I think they will be near the top.
Also Adamstown picked up the remains of the Maquarie girls program this year.

late_to_the_game
14-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Merewether United FC WPL Trials - See Club Announcements Thread

Footyhead
14-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Remember Football Mid North Coast is also a set of rep teams. They have been good in the NPL this year, so I think they will be near the top.
Also Adamstown picked up the remains of the Maquarie girls program this year.

I hope FMNC are competitive, we beat them in both 12s and 14s at this year's State Championships, and they had no 16s this year.
There were 4 good Macquarie girls that went to Adamstown 14s, the rest were mediocre at best. The 14s won their comp I believe on the back of these girls. Adamstown's 16s were an anomoly this year, the onlt age group that didn't do well.
I don't know where Warners Bay and Wallsend will get their juniors from, their junior teams weren't in any top grade this year and from what I can see, to fill 8 competitive teams this year EXCLUDING Jets girls will be a real stretch... double digits scores for sure

late_to_the_game
19-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Adamstown had 16 U14s at their trial, 18 U16s. Some good players in both groups. Did not see the turn out for the others.

Would like to know how many Wallsend got to their trials today. A lot of the Newcastle football girls were playing in a Futsal competition at Howzat.

Also NNSW have sent out some "proposed" rules which are copies of the NPL rules. No one in U14 to U18s can play up. No dual registered players in Interdistrict.

Big problem for Merewether as our U18s last year had 3 or more U15s playing....
I really struggle with girls being held back, unless they play for Emerging Jets. What about improving as many as possible to the highest level possible.

The competition will need as few restrictions as possible to succeed, even then it is going to take a while to become fully viable.

There is a meeting mid November to discuss - well after the teams will be sorted...

Footyhead
20-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Adamstown had 16 U14s at their trial, 18 U16s. Some good players in both groups. Did not see the turn out for the others.

Would like to know how many Wallsend got to their trials today. A lot of the Newcastle football girls were playing in a Futsal competition at Howzat.

Also NNSW have sent out some "proposed" rules which are copies of the NPL rules. No one in U14 to U18s can play up. No dual registered players in Interdistrict.

Big problem for Merewether as our U18s last year had 3 or more U15s playing....
I really struggle with girls being held back, unless they play for Emerging Jets. What about improving as many as possible to the highest level possible.

The competition will need as few restrictions as possible to succeed, even then it is going to take a while to become fully viable.

There is a meeting mid November to discuss - well after the teams will be sorted...
Was quite surprised so few girls turned up to the 14s and 16s Adamstown trials, thought there would be many more.
They accepted every girl that trialled for their 14s yet there is still another trial next Sunday !!
Hopefully get some feedback from others later in the week on how many turn up at the other clubs...

Footyhead
20-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Has been confirmed... No age restrictions in WPL so girls who are good enough can play above their age group

late_to_the_game
20-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Thank god for that.

late_to_the_game
21-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Just talked to NNSW, the age restrictions are not gone, they are going to make a decision, possibly this week.

Was told the clubs are stupid to be having trials when the rules of the competition are not yet decided.....

Footyhead
21-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Just talked to NNSW, the age restrictions are not gone, they are going to make a decision, possibly this week.

Was told the clubs are stupid to be having trials when the rules of the competition are not yet decided.....

This is ridiculous. I was told on high authority (from one of the zone heads) that it won't be imposed because all the clubs are kicking up a stink about it. So who is telling the truth ? Why would a zone/club be advising something if it weren't correct ? They would be just shooting themselves in the foot if they trial kids and select them outside their age group then make up a squad only to find out some of the squad don't qualify. If you were told the clubs were stupid for trialing now, why doesn't NNSW impose a ban on it and set a date from when trials can start ? NNSW have picked their Jets sides which is the usual trigger for clubs being able to trial. Why couldn't this issue be ratified earlier ? When are the clubs supposed to trial ?

late_to_the_game
21-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Agree with everything you said. Merewether are certainly not happy with it and I know Adamstown aren't either.

late_to_the_game
21-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Merewether had first trials tonight, 1st grade look like keeping most of our team with a few good new players turning up.
Really good roll up for 18s, about 24 or so.
16's 18 but 14s disappointing, however quite a few of the current Merewether girls were missing.

Second trials night on Thursday.

late_to_the_game
28-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Footyhead, how did the South Wallsend trials go? Are we going to be facing the Newcastle rep teams in 14,16 and 18's? How is 1st grade looking?

Footyhead
28-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Footyhead, how did the South Wallsend trials go? Are we going to be facing the Newcastle rep teams in 14,16 and 18's? How is 1st grade looking?

14s looks like about half Newc rep coming back, saw couple of them at Adamstown trials as well so don't know where they'll go if accepted to both.
16s will most likely be all Newc rep from this year except for 3, so a few new ones.
18s assuming same as 16s
1st grade no idea sorry.

Only really watched the 16s trials,was pretty much Newc rep and the South Wallsend 16B team... all up making about 18-19 girls that trialled... chalk n cheese really even though Southy girls won their comp. Quite surprised there weren't more girls trialling from other clubs.

They can't announce any squads till after 18th Nov due to age rule as you would already know.

How is it at Merewether ?

Footyhead
18-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Well hopefully we can get resolution on the age issue for the WPL with NNSW meeting tonight... is it still tonight ?

late_to_the_game
18-11-2014, 11:00 PM
So meeting tonight, NNSW still need to make final ruling, but:
1st grade and 18s, player must be 15 next year to play.
4 maybe 5 overage players can play any game in 18s. Same As last year.
Up to 5 14 year olds can play in 16s in any given game. They must be 14, not 13 next year.
68 total WPL squad size.

Still to be sorted:
From NNSW perspective 12 year olds are still out, but they are going to talk to zones about it. Perhaps allow 2-3 only to play in 14s.
Dual rego with Interdistrict is still out, but are considering some limited possibility.

From a Merewether perspective we may need this to ensure we can field a team each week in the 14s.

Appart from South Wallsend and maybe Warner's Bay, most clubs are still looking for players in the young age groups.

Footyhead
18-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the update. Heard Wallsend's 14s team is made up mostly of 12yr olds... they might be in trouble? Southy looking for keepers in all ages cept 14s

late_to_the_game
24-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Confirmed by NNSW 14s allowed up to two 12 year olds, approved by zone td's (I think -have to check whos approval is actually required)
Better than what was initially proposed, but still a bit restrictive.

justajogger
07-12-2014, 08:34 PM
G'day all
Does anybody know when the WPL draw will be out for next season

late_to_the_game
08-02-2015, 11:11 PM
Merewether WPL still looking for a couple of good players for our U18 squad.

1st Grade is good, 14's are good. 16's could fit one more.

Contact details see club web site www.mufc.asn.au

Oh and Rego $300 for U14 and U16, $350 for U18 and 1sts.

chocolate soldier
18-02-2015, 01:53 PM
University Womens Teams looking for trial games, inbox me if interested

Footyhead
20-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Any trial games happening for WPL ?

late_to_the_game
07-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Merewether vs Wallsend at Argenton tomorrow all 4 teams, 9, 10:30, 12 and 1:30.

Footyhead
08-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Southy WPL 14s played Southy interdistrict 16s winning easily. Southy WPL 16s played Jaffas 15s NPL. Jaffas won 4-0, boys much quicker & stronger but was good hit out. Southy 18s vs Southy boys 18s (I think) girls down 2-0 when we left but were opportunistic goals... girls playing better football. Good luck to all the WPL teams this year...

late_to_the_game
17-03-2015, 10:30 PM
First round done, no double digit scores (just) so that is a positive. Southy very strong in the young teams, not so much in first grade it seems. Adamstown just seem strong all over!

justajogger
18-03-2015, 12:51 AM
Valentine did not look as strong as expected in the younger age groups. Maybe first game nerves

Footyhead
18-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Valentine did not look as strong as expected in the younger age groups. Maybe first game nerves

Valo lost a lot of their youguns to Warners Bay, weren't happy with the coaching so I been told. It's going to be a long season compared to last year for all the young ones and will be even longer for some given the first round scores, but we'll see.

soccernut
22-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Valo only lost two young guns to Warners Bay and Warners Bay lost two young guns to Valentine, the other three players were Warners Bay Juniors returning to Warners Bay.There is just as many if not more Warners Bay Juniors playing at Valentine. Also The Smith twins from Adamstown were Warners Bay juniors for six or seven years before heading to other clubs, some may say they are Adamstown players whilst others will say they are simply Warners Bay juniors returning to Warners Bay.

Footyhead
22-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Valo only lost two young guns to Warners Bay and Warners Bay lost two young guns to Valentine, the other three players were Warners Bay Juniors returning to Warners Bay.There is just as many if not more Warners Bay Juniors playing at Valentine. Also The Smith twins from Adamstown were Warners Bay juniors for six or seven years before heading to other clubs, some may say they are Adamstown players whilst others will say they are simply Warners Bay juniors returning to Warners Bay.

Yes mate I realise that shoulda mentioned it as well sorry. Let's see how they all go a few rounds in

Footyhead
22-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Merewether v South Wallsend
14s 0-3
16s 1-7
18s 1-0
First 2-1
Anyone know any other results ?

Mumbler
23-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Some interesting results in round 2. Adamstown sitting top 3 in all age groups. First Grade was a flogging. The younger age groups across WPL look a lot tighter this week. 14 Girls at Adamstown very unlucky to lose with 2 goals called offside that definitely weren't but that's football. Sounds like it was more exciting at the Warners Bay/Wallsend First Grade game. Red cards galore and some fisticuffs there I'm told!

late_to_the_game
23-03-2015, 02:21 PM
I hope the alleged fighters are dealt with harshly. Hardly the image of the game we are trying to promote the younger girls into.

late_to_the_game
23-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Some interesting results in round 2. Adamstown sitting top 3 in all age groups. First Grade was a flogging. The younger age groups across WPL look a lot tighter this week. 14 Girls at Adamstown very unlucky to lose with 2 goals called offside that definitely weren't but that's football. Sounds like it was more exciting at the Warners Bay/Wallsend First Grade game. Red cards galore and some fisticuffs there I'm told!

Must be looking at a different table.
In the 16s it reads:

Newcastle football,
Maquarie football,
Hunter valley football

as the top three :whistling:

Forgot, football mid north coast are 4th.....

Footyhead
23-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Must be looking at a different table.
In the 16s it reads:

Newcastle football,
Maquarie football,
Hunter valley football

as the top three :whistling:

Forgot, football mid north coast are 4th.....

Dispute that... Macquarie Football play no significance in the formation of any the teams... none. MF haven't had any credible input to girls football for years. Former MF girls are spread everywhere incl Warners Bay, Valo, Wallsend, Southy, heck there's even one in your own team.

As for Newcastle and HV, those that fly together flock together. If the coaching and support are doing well, why wouldn't they stick together ?

Footyhead
29-03-2015, 12:41 AM
South Wallsend WPL16's first 3 games... 10-0 vs Wallsend, 7-1 vs Merewether, 10-1 vs Valentine. Not bad for a rep team eh?

late_to_the_game
29-03-2015, 09:24 PM
South Wallsend WPL16's first 3 games... 10-0 vs Wallsend, 7-1 vs Merewether, 10-1 vs Valentine. Not bad for a rep team eh?

They are a good team. Played against them last year in 16A comp as well.

late_to_the_game
29-03-2015, 09:25 PM
First real cricket score today unfortunately. Valentine 14s had 18 goals scored against them....

Footyhead
29-03-2015, 10:37 PM
First real cricket score today unfortunately. Valentine 14s had 18 goals scored against them....

Valentine looked more like U12s team, lotsa littl'uns. Poor goalkeeper.
Merewether 1 Thornton 0 in 16s game today well done.
Merewether also top of table in 1st grade... do you know results of other games though ?

late_to_the_game
29-03-2015, 10:43 PM
No, clubs a bit slow updating the sporting pulse web site.

Footyhead
29-03-2015, 10:47 PM
No, clubs a bit slow updating the sporting pulse web site.

I know adamstown v warners bay games 14s and 16s both draws, 1-1 and 0-0 respectively.

late_to_the_game
29-03-2015, 10:56 PM
Based on what I have seen so far, Thornton to win 14s, Southy to win 16s. Pretty sure of the second one, sticking my neck out a bit on the first one!
18s too difficult, depends on what senior players fill in.
1st grade should be between Adamstown and Merewether.

Footyhead
30-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Based on what I have seen so far, Thornton to win 14s, Southy to win 16s. Pretty sure of the second one, sticking my neck out a bit on the first one!
18s too difficult, depends on what senior players fill in.
1st grade should be between Adamstown and Merewether.

Agree with all that except maybe 14s... you don't think Southy ?
Southy play Thornton this weekend, see what happens there !

late_to_the_game
11-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Good day for Merewether against Adamstown

1st 1-0
18s 1-1
16s 1-6 or 7 lost count - not a great result, but looking forward to when we play them next.
14s 1-1 almost held on for their first win.

Merewether missing a lot of players in all grades, so happy with the results. Adamstown missing some too, but did not seem to be as many.

Footyhead
12-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Southy vs MidNorth Coast
1st 3-0
18s 1-2
16s 3-0
14s 0-4
Every team missing players this time of the year... Southy 16s lending 2 players to 14s, 3 players to 18 s and 3 more to first grade!

Footyhead
20-04-2015, 11:44 PM
NNSW have announced their squads for the Nationals... makes a mockery of the supposed "pathway", most of those selected are Ejets. Website article say 60+ girls trialled last week. Well, only one girl from South Wallsend trialled, she didn't get picked. This girl trains with the Jets but chose to stay with her club. How is it that Southy's 16s side is killing it every week yet no-one else from this team was even invited to trial? Yet there is a girl selected from the FMNC side, well fark me if our midfield didn't monster them when we beat them 2-0. Just another example of how insular, bias & unfair the rep system is. Do NNSW selectors watch any WPL games? There should have been about 5 from Southy invited. Yes, disappointed parent here

flubber
24-04-2015, 10:49 PM
Your problem should be with your Club not NNSW selectors. The Club could have nominated girls to trial as Club's were asked to do so earlier on. If you think you have girls capable of playing at the top level ring GVE and have a chat. I've been told they regularly bring in players from WPL Club's to train as friend's kids have been doing it. Let's face it. How can you expect them to get to all the WPL games and see girls? I'm sure there isn't an endless supply of selectors and who says they don't come to watch the week the girls in question are sick or away? E Jets are also playing in the Sydney Comp so they are away every second Sunday.
And are you saying that FMNC can't have a player that is individually good enough to make a State side? Just because you beat FMNC doesn't mean they don't have some good players in their squad. That's being a bit harsh.
I can understand you're disappointed but that's football. Doesn't mean your daughter can't make it next year. Make the call to NNSW or ask your Club why they didn't nominate the girls you refer to.

Footyhead
01-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Your problem should be with your Club not NNSW selectors. The Club could have nominated girls to trial as Club's were asked to do so earlier on. If you think you have girls capable of playing at the top level ring GVE and have a chat. I've been told they regularly bring in players from WPL Club's to train as friend's kids have been doing it. Let's face it. How can you expect them to get to all the WPL games and see girls? I'm sure there isn't an endless supply of selectors and who says they don't come to watch the week the girls in question are sick or away? E Jets are also playing in the Sydney Comp so they are away every second Sunday.
And are you saying that FMNC can't have a player that is individually good enough to make a State side? Just because you beat FMNC doesn't mean they don't have some good players in their squad. That's being a bit harsh.
I can understand you're disappointed but that's football. Doesn't mean your daughter can't make it next year. Make the call to NNSW or ask your Club why they didn't nominate the girls you refer to.

I'm flattered that you've made the effort to join the forum to make your one solitary post from over a week ago to reply to mine... thank you.

I don't expect NNSW to have eyes at all games every weekend... but if there is a team that has been winning consistently don't you think they should be taking particular interest in how that team is doing ? Especially not just from this year, but last year as well. Particularly, not just form the local comp, but how that team team performed at the State titles last year. It's not just one or two standout players for such success, the whole team performs as a a team !
I do apologise for the comment on the FMNC player, she is talented, but is she better than others ? In my opinion... no. Are all the kids in the EJ teams the cream of the crop in this region ? In my opinion... no.
I think there would be a team that can be put together from the WPL that would compete very well with the equivalent age EJ team.
I'm not talking about my daughter either, the EJ system is not for her. I meant disappointed for other girls.
Interestingly, the EJs (excepting the young'uns) aren't doing too well in that Sydney comp... does that mean this region is so weak compared to Sydney ?
As for querying our club about it, perhaps I will, but I know there is "history" between NNSW EJ people and others that probably clouds things unfortunately.
Just expressing my opinion, as you are entitled to yours. Looking forward to your post no.2 !!

whataday
02-05-2015, 07:28 AM
I'm flattered that you've made the effort to join the forum to make your one solitary post from over a week ago to reply to mine... thank you.

I don't expect NNSW to have eyes at all games every weekend... but if there is a team that has been winning consistently don't you think they should be taking particular interest in how that team is doing ? Especially not just from this year, but last year as well. Particularly, not just form the local comp, but how that team team performed at the State titles last year. It's not just one or two standout players for such success, the whole team performs as a a team !
I do apologise for the comment on the FMNC player, she is talented, but is she better than others ? In my opinion... no. Are all the kids in the EJ teams the cream of the crop in this region ? In my opinion... no.
I think there would be a team that can be put together from the WPL that would compete very well with the equivalent age EJ team.
I'm not talking about my daughter either, the EJ system is not for her. I meant disappointed for other girls.
Interestingly, the EJs (excepting the young'uns) aren't doing too well in that Sydney comp... does that mean this region is so weak compared to Sydney ?
As for querying our club about it, perhaps I will, but I know there is "history" between NNSW EJ people and others that probably clouds things unfortunately.
Just expressing my opinion, as you are entitled to yours. Looking forward to your post no.2 !!

I have only been able to get along this year to one game of the emerging jets in the sydney competition but in all grades the level of competition is miles and miles above the level of the league up here.I also got out to watch a game on a Tuesday night after Easter which was between the emerging jets 13 girls who have won 2 and lost 1 in their u13 competition and the Thornton 14 girls who have won 7 out of 7 by some big margins in some games in our u14 competition. I believe the score was 7-0 or 8-0 to the emerging jets squad. There might be a few players who would do well and your club should be nominating these players to get an opportunity to train with the EJ squads like some players from clubs and other areas already are!

flubber
06-05-2015, 12:00 AM
Well said whataday. With no disrespect to the WPL competition, it is not anywhere near the standard of the Premier 1 Sydney comp. It would maybe go ok in Premier League 2 and would dominate State League, which is the FNSW third division. Every comp needs to start somewhere, and introducing 14 and 16 Girls divisions to WPL this season is a step in the right direction. Most people would be unaware that the only EJets team that plays in their correct age group is the 13 girls, hence they are winning their share of games. 15 Girls play in 17's and 17's play in First Grade. Many of the Sydney teams in the Women's division, are largely comprised of WOMEN, not 15,16 and 17 year old girls. They also boast current Matilda's, ex Matildas, ex FNSW Institute players, current and past W League players and established "name" players from the Sydney comp. Quite a few of these ladies are paid to play and are semi professional. EJets is comprised of school kids. FYI- Jets 17 girls beat Blacktown Spartans First Grade 1-0 Sunday in a fast paced game. You could put a team together from the best players in WPL and they would be competitive against EJets, but any of the Sydney teams (with the exception of Central Coast) would flog them. Sorry if that's harsh, but I've been involved in the Sydney competition for many years, and it's a no brainer. They have more players to choose from and less distance to be covered than we do in NNSW.

Do yourself a favour, anyone involved in WPL, get over to Speers Point in a couple of weeks time, and have a look at the EJets games. If you can put your hand on your heart, and tell me that they aren't a better standard of player, then you're living in fantasy land.

The Hunter girls also won the CHS State Titles for the first time in 24 years last week. The team was made up of mainly EJets girls, with a few of our better WPL girls thrown in, and I've been told they dominated the Sydney sides all week. We have also got 2 girls away with the Young Matildas at the moment, one of which scored the goal the other night to get the team into the semi finals. NNSW turns out some of the best female footballers around. The conspiracy theories have been around for years, as they are in Sydney with FNSW, but do you really think any "elite" program would ignore players with potential, particularly when the programs are judged on what players they produce to play at State and National levels? Really? Footyhead, you are clearly not aware of what goes on with these "elite" programs, or you wouldn't make that statement. Could it be more a case that your Club is telling girls they are better off staying with the Club than being involved in the EJets? Has that scenario ever crossed your mind? Worth tossing into the mix? Have you asked why the girls weren't nominated for the recent trials? Surely no coach, no matter what their "history" with NNSW is would begrudge their player having a shot?

Do the selectors get it right every time? Probably not...they are human after all, and I dare say that even your Club makes the wrong call sometimes Footyhead? Kids develop at different rates, cope with challenges differently, and some drop out very quickly. Some thrive and love every minute. That's life. That's what ensures that the tough and determined succeed and those that can't cope (for whatever reason) play at another level. There is nothing wrong with that, as not everyone is going to play for Australia, and we need different levels in football (and life).

I normally don't participate in these "discussions", hence the reason this is only my second,albeit rather lengthy post, but I hate to see a kid being cut down by an adult, that clearly has an axe to grind with NNSW and EJets. Let the girl from FMNC enjoy being selected in the team and keep your derogatory comments to your self. How would you like it if someone made those comments about your child? Even your apology is half hearted and you clearly begrudge the girl a spot in the team. And as whataday says, get the Club to make the call to NNSW, to have a look at your 16 girls players. That's if you are fair dinkum in wanting to see them progress to the "elite" level? :deadhorse:

chocolate soldier
06-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Well said whataday. With no disrespect to the WPL competition, it is not anywhere near the standard of the Premier 1 Sydney comp. It would maybe go ok in Premier League 2 and would dominate State League, which is the FNSW third division. Every comp needs to start somewhere, and introducing 14 and 16 Girls divisions to WPL this season is a step in the right direction. Most people would be unaware that the only EJets team that plays in their correct age group is the 13 girls, hence they are winning their share of games. 15 Girls play in 17's and 17's play in First Grade. Many of the Sydney teams in the Women's division, are largely comprised of WOMEN, not 15,16 and 17 year old girls. They also boast current Matilda's, ex Matildas, ex FNSW Institute players, current and past W League players and established "name" players from the Sydney comp. Quite a few of these ladies are paid to play and are semi professional. EJets is comprised of school kids. FYI- Jets 17 girls beat Blacktown Spartans First Grade 1-0 Sunday in a fast paced game. You could put a team together from the best players in WPL and they would be competitive against EJets, but any of the Sydney teams (with the exception of Central Coast) would flog them. Sorry if that's harsh, but I've been involved in the Sydney competition for many years, and it's a no brainer. They have more players to choose from and less distance to be covered than we do in NNSW.

Do yourself a favour, anyone involved in WPL, get over to Speers Point in a couple of weeks time, and have a look at the EJets games. If you can put your hand on your heart, and tell me that they aren't a better standard of player, then you're living in fantasy land.

The Hunter girls also won the CHS State Titles for the first time in 24 years last week. The team was made up of mainly EJets girls, with a few of our better WPL girls thrown in, and I've been told they dominated the Sydney sides all week. We have also got 2 girls away with the Young Matildas at the moment, one of which scored the goal the other night to get the team into the semi finals. NNSW turns out some of the best female footballers around. The conspiracy theories have been around for years, as they are in Sydney with FNSW, but do you really think any "elite" program would ignore players with potential, particularly when the programs are judged on what players they produce to play at State and National levels? Really? Footyhead, you are clearly not aware of what goes on with these "elite" programs, or you wouldn't make that statement. Could it be more a case that your Club is telling girls they are better off staying with the Club than being involved in the EJets? Has that scenario ever crossed your mind? Worth tossing into the mix? Have you asked why the girls weren't nominated for the recent trials? Surely no coach, no matter what their "history" with NNSW is would begrudge their player having a shot?

Do the selectors get it right every time? Probably not...they are human after all, and I dare say that even your Club makes the wrong call sometimes Footyhead? Kids develop at different rates, cope with challenges differently, and some drop out very quickly. Some thrive and love every minute. That's life. That's what ensures that the tough and determined succeed and those that can't cope (for whatever reason) play at another level. There is nothing wrong with that, as not everyone is going to play for Australia, and we need different levels in football (and life).

I normally don't participate in these "discussions", hence the reason this is only my second,albeit rather lengthy post, but I hate to see a kid being cut down by an adult, that clearly has an axe to grind with NNSW and EJets. Let the girl from FMNC enjoy being selected in the team and keep your derogatory comments to your self. How would you like it if someone made those comments about your child? Even your apology is half hearted and you clearly begrudge the girl a spot in the team. And as whataday says, get the Club to make the call to NNSW, to have a look at your 16 girls players. That's if you are fair dinkum in wanting to see them progress to the "elite" level? :deadhorse:

love it

Footyhead
31-05-2015, 05:54 PM
I think my original point may have taken a different interpretation to that intended… it wasn’t about the EJ, it wasn’t about playing for the EJ, but moreso selections for the Nationals. The EJ teams generally do represent the best players around and the National squad should obviously be made up of EJ. My previous post was probably too presumptious in a local team matching them, albeit based on results from last year’s State Titles and the local competition. I was thinking… if they report that there were around 60-70 kids trialling for the two teams 13s and 15s, where did these kids come from? Do you know why there is no invitational side this year ? If the EJ have invited girls in to train, perhaps they could have maintained an invitational side ?
If my previous comments about any FMNC players or others appeared derogatory, I apologise, it wasn’t my intention. I was pointing out an example, not attacking any girl personally. Flubber, to say I begrudge a particular girl and that I’m an adult cutting down a kid is ridiculous, I wish her the best in her footballing and the Nationals. Take that as genuine well wishing, not half-hearted if you’re thinking that.
Great that Hunter won the CHS titles and also for the girls who made the Matildas team… of course there are girls who can reach great heights (there should be for a region of this size) and they fully deserve every accolade for their hard work.
Do women play in the Sydney 15,16,17 comp? How is that allowed? Playing in the Sydney comp nevertheless will improve our rep teams… although many experienced seniors from here play there too, which takes away from our local comp… it’s hard trying to elevate the local standard yet at the same time expose our best players to an external higher standard.
There’s always going to be “conspiracy theories”, both at club level and rep level, but also knowing some historical facts, I am hoping the people now in charge have an improved, considered prospect for all footballers, both girls and boys, and the Northern side improves on previous years at the Nationals.
Back to the local scene, 16s & 18s games between South Wallsend and FMNC declared washouts today, just before kick-off time with both teams raring to go (14s played). Extremely frustrating to say the least for the FMNC people who travelled from as far as Port and beyond… darn rain

Goatscheese
11-06-2015, 11:47 PM
Been awhile with since a post but with all the commotion and entering the final third of the season thought there would be a bit more chatter.

Warners Bay fired their coach after a loss to FMNC, which will throw a few things in disarray.

Wallsend 1st grade coach stepped down apparently due to a disagreement over the expulsion of one of his players from the club. Was interesting to see that they didn't just appoint his son till the end of the season but are hoping to hire someone else.

chocolate soldier
22-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Been awhile with since a post but with all the commotion and entering the final third of the season thought there would be a bit more chatter.

Warners Bay fired their coach after a loss to FMNC, which will throw a few things in disarray.

Wallsend 1st grade coach stepped down apparently due to a disagreement over the expulsion of one of his players from the club. Was interesting to see that they didn't just appoint his son till the end of the season but are hoping to hire someone else.

what is he general consensus with the WPL this year with the introduction of Wallsend, South Wallsend and Warners Bay? has it made the competition any better at all, or has it just watered down the talent pool into more teams resulting in a weaker quality of teams in the comp?

Footyhead
25-06-2015, 09:26 AM
what is he general consensus with the WPL this year with the introduction of Wallsend, South Wallsend and Warners Bay? has it made the competition any better at all, or has it just watered down the talent pool into more teams resulting in a weaker quality of teams in the comp?

I would think the latter. Surprised 3 new teams were admitted, instead of one. Suppose it's to expose a wider pool to the new Premier League but it's been a double whammy... Not only too many teams but also many senior players from last year (and even younger ones) playing in Sydney comp this year, reducing the numbers meaning younger ones having to play up which is good for experience but then also makes them subject to fatigue and injury.

Why Blue
25-06-2015, 06:58 PM
I would think the latter. Surprised 3 new teams were admitted, instead of one. Suppose it's to expose a wider pool to the new Premier League but it's been a double whammy... Not only too many teams but also many senior players from last year (and even younger ones) playing in Sydney comp this year, reducing the numbers meaning younger ones having to play up which is good for experience but then also makes them subject to fatigue and injury.

Agreed
From my casual observations which are mainly of 1st grade but I think in general there does not seem to be enough quality to fill spots
I have watched quite a few 1st grade games and seen some lop sided scores and some players who just look out if their depth

chocolate soldier
26-06-2015, 07:08 AM
Agreed
From my casual observations which are mainly of 1st grade but I think in general there does not seem to be enough quality to fill spots
I have watched quite a few 1st grade games and seen some lop sided scores and some players who just look out if their depth

so how do you believe newcastle football should go about rectifying this problem? i know i have been to a couple of games and watched the 1st grade games, and am not overly impressed to be honest. rumours of former premier league players now running around in the local A grade comp are making that comp stronger these days also. why couldnt they have just kept the premier league to 6 teams for a couple of years and developed the now abolished womens zone premier league until the general level of womens football in newcastle became strong enough to start to field an increase in teams for the premier league level???

Why Blue
26-06-2015, 09:51 AM
so how do you believe newcastle football should go about rectifying this problem? i know i have been to a couple of games and watched the 1st grade games, and am not overly impressed to be honest. rumours of former premier league players now running around in the local A grade comp are making that comp stronger these days also. why couldnt they have just kept the premier league to 6 teams for a couple of years and developed the now abolished womens zone premier league until the general level of womens football in newcastle became strong enough to start to field an increase in teams for the premier league level???

Agree less teams would go a long way to strengthening comp

Like always stronger teams can attract stronger players weaker clubs struggle big time

Gimmicks like free rego only work for so long and really only harm the club

chocolate soldier
26-06-2015, 11:00 AM

Like always stronger teams can attract stronger players weaker clubs struggle big time

free rego??? that is a bit of plea to players isnt it?

i also wonder why teams have folded in the past? recently it was lakes, but teams from the original competition years ago like broadmeadow and cardiff are no longer around, anyone got any light they can shine on this?

Why Blue
26-06-2015, 07:57 PM
free rego??? that is a bit of plea to players isnt it?

Worse still the same club still charges their juniors !!!!!

Footyhead
26-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Worse still the same club still charges their juniors !!!!!

And are coming last in both 1st grade and 18s.

Footyhead
26-06-2015, 09:46 PM
i also wonder why teams have folded in the past? recently it was lakes, but teams from the original competition years ago like broadmeadow and cardiff are no longer around, anyone got any light they can shine on this?
I believe it has to do with the personnel in each club, whether there are people who support the female contingent. Adamstown do this well. CCB had a women's team for a couple of years but that fell apart as it wasn't supported by the higher powers. Also depth... back then, all it took was a couple of players leaving and the whole team starts to unravel. I'm seeing this first year of WPL as a trial... with three/four clubs vying for entry.. NNSW pretty much let them all in. Wonder what will happen next year...surely there couldn't be relegation like NPL ?

Thomas477
26-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Relegation to what exactly, there is no more Zone Women's league.

Footyhead
26-06-2015, 10:57 PM
Relegation to what exactly, there is no more Zone Women's league.

That's what I mean. Will it be the same clubs again next year? Will another club like say New Lambton, or Nelson Bay be given a chance if they can fill all teams? If at another club's expense, on what basis... 1st grade performance?... depth/capacity to fill all teams?

late_to_the_game
27-06-2015, 12:14 AM
I believe it has to do with the personnel in each club, whether there are people who support the female contingent. Adamstown do this well. CCB had a women's team for a couple of years but that fell apart as it wasn't supported by the higher powers. Also depth... back then, all it took was a couple of players leaving and the whole team starts to unravel. I'm seeing this first year of WPL as a trial... with three/four clubs vying for entry.. NNSW pretty much let them all in. Wonder what will happen next year...surely there couldn't be relegation like NPL ?

At the start of last season Merewether were approached by a group of 7 ex Lake Macquarie players who carefully explained under what conditions they would play for the club, including that we would have to take all 7 (and ditch some of the players we already had in the squad). Our answer was no (and credit to Marc Hingston) for not being tempted.
The addition of the lower grades is important in terms of developing a club culture, and providing a pipeline of players who want to play first grade. Then if you have a chunk of players leave, you have a chance of at least fielding a team, probably young and develop them.
Thornton have a very young team, and in 1 to 2 years they will be very competitive.

Those early years can be characterized as WPL 1st grade players believing that it should be the same as the mens NBN league, except there were not the old boys around to help out, and no one was paying to see them (tried that in the first year I think). Most of the clubs that dropped WPL teams in the early years did so because it was just too much work.

Relegation would be the worst thing NNSW could introduce. Give us time to build something worth while.

late_to_the_game
27-06-2015, 12:18 AM
That's what I mean. Will it be the same clubs again next year? Will another club like say New Lambton, or Nelson Bay be given a chance if they can fill all teams? If at another club's expense, on what basis... 1st grade performance?... depth/capacity to fill all teams?

Would be happy to see Nelson's Bay replace FMNC!

late_to_the_game
27-06-2015, 12:21 AM

Answer is simple - because NNSW Football is involved - so in general nothing makes sense.....

Footyhead
27-06-2015, 10:28 AM

Good comments LTTG, agree about the development. Where are those LM players now?
Would be good to know if NNSW have a clear direction they can convey for the WPL... Anyone?
Disagree about FMNC though, are you referring to the travel or their playing? I think they have a good set up and talent pool. They play good football from what I've seen, not just kick n chase. Cudos to their families who travel so far so many weekends, distance vs competition makes it hard. I wouldn't be arguing if there were more games played up there.

Mumbler
28-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Introducing the 14 and 16 girls was a great idea. Valuable experience for the girls and a chance to play in 18's and First Grade further down the track.
Expanding the WPL to 8 teams. Not such a great idea.
It has stretched the player pool too far. I would rather see 6 Clubs, and a strong competition, than 8 Clubs and have 2 or 3 Clubs struggling.
There should not be massive goal blow outs in a competition that is supposed to be the feeder for Emerging Jets or W League.
Personally, I think that all the free regos under the sun, don't make up for having enough quality coaches. I think that has been proven at one particular Club in WPL this season.
Players will go where they get good coaching, and a winning mentality, and where they enjoy playing. The competition needs good coaches to survive. But that is a long term project and we need to encourage the young coaches coming through. More coaching courses or a few "master classes" from NNSWF wouldn't go astray.

With the question about the demise of previous Clubs like Broadmeadow, Lakes and Cardiff, the answer is simple. The women's teams were felt to be too expensive to run, and as they were affiliated with "mens clubs", they lost the support of the Male Club Committees and were shown the door.

Sad but true. Most of the big name male NPL clubs are only concerned with the men and boys at their Clubs.

That's why WPL is now affiliated with Junior Clubs and not the NPL Majics or Olympics.

Women should stick to working in the Canteen and leave the football playing to the men, hahaha. I think that's how it goes?

Good on Merewether for showing some loyalty. Not much around. FMNC should stay in. I don't mind a trip to Port Macquarie and the girls up there deserve a chance to play at a higher level. It's not too far for those from Nelson Bay to take a drive across to one of the established WPL Clubs if they want to play WPL. If someone from this years WPL drops out next season, and NNSWF decides to leave the competition as 8 teams, Nelson Bay may have a foot in the door, but lets leave FMNC in as long as they want to be there.

And WPL also needs to be able to play their games. This current situation with fields out of play every week is beyond a joke. Surely the cricket pitches are not that precious? I remember playing on fields with cricket pitches, back in the dark ages, and they seemed to survive the wet and football boots.

chocolate soldier
29-06-2015, 07:08 AM

i agree that it is a good move for the younger age groups to be included in some form of criteria for these clubs to be in the league, but at what point do they say that quantity of players is affecting the quality?? why couldn't they keep the 6 team format and then set up a 14's, 16's or 18's comp locally that the clubs with the capacity to field teams in that ages to play in? you keep the player base condensed at the 1st grade level, making it higher quality and more competitive, and also provide a competition for the "better" up and coming players to play against

chocolate soldier
29-06-2015, 07:10 AM
At the start of last season Merewether were approached by a group of 7 ex Lake Macquarie players who carefully explained under what conditions they would play for the club, including that we would have to take all 7 (and ditch some of the players we already had in the squad). Our answer was no (and credit to Marc Hingston) for not being tempted.
The addition of the lower grades is important in terms of developing a club culture, and providing a pipeline of players who want to play first grade. Then if you have a chunk of players leave, you have a chance of at least fielding a team, probably young and develop them.
Thornton have a very young team, and in 1 to 2 years they will be very competitive.

Those early years can be characterized as WPL 1st grade players believing that it should be the same as the mens NBN league, except there were not the old boys around to help out, and no one was paying to see them (tried that in the first year I think). Most of the clubs that dropped WPL teams in the early years did so because it was just too much work.

Relegation would be the worst thing NNSW could introduce. Give us time to build something worth while.

i hope marc laughed in their faces!!! rudeness and arrogance like that is shocking

Jardelsimage
29-06-2015, 09:00 AM
i also wonder why teams have folded in the past? recently it was lakes, but teams from the original competition years ago like broadmeadow and cardiff are no longer around, anyone got any light they can shine on this?[/QUOTE]

Cardiff folded for two reasons.
1-ground wasn't up to WPL level we were told, some of the more higher profile clubs used to whine like cut pigs, good enough for ZPL, not WPL.
2-the WPL were running at a loss made even worse when we moved the games to Edgy for the year, ground reasons, club still wanted to keep the WPL, just wasn't viable on how the comp was run back then.

There is no easy fix as the comments say, AAW-A grade has some very good players, we have a team playing there currently who have risen from B grade and are travelling alright. Uni, Mayfield and Cessnock are the teams to beat, if you take the best out of these teams you would have more than enough players for a strong 8 team WPL comp, but as the ZPL is, players play lower for various reasons, work, family etc.
Bottom line there is no easy fix, just have to make sure junior programs are in place and wait for the players to develop.

chocolate soldier
29-06-2015, 10:56 AM
definitely agree that there are some good players in the all age leagues, that going off what i have seen from the WPl games, would easily out play girls already in that comp. my understanding though is, that they come back to all age cause they enjoy it more and like some of the coaches in the leagues

Footyhead
29-06-2015, 08:32 PM
Seems like the WPL is treated with some contempt by seniors then. That's a shame, doesn't help with bringing in juniors. Surely after this year NNSW must realise there's just not the depth for 8 teams. If they persist there will continue to be lopsidedness with the stronger clubs attracting the stronger players.
If Nelson Bay join, there may at least be a chance of playing some games on their sand based fields :)

chocolate soldier
30-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Seems like the WPL is treated with some contempt by seniors then. That's a shame, doesn't help with bringing in juniors. Surely after this year NNSW must realise there's just not the depth for 8 teams. If they persist there will continue to be lopsidedness with the stronger clubs attracting the stronger players.
If Nelson Bay join, there may at least be a chance of playing some games on their sand based fields :)

with a bit of luck, i am hearing that newcastle football is pushing for the ZPL to come back in, so they just need clubs to express an interest in joining and they would be very happy to take new clubs on board

Goatscheese
05-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Quite a few things I want to respond to but as I don't want to spam the forum with posts I'll put it all on the one

The competition has been watered down, 1 team with the expansion of the age groups would've been sufficient and kept all teams competitive. As it stands there is at least one team in each comp that is being blown out of the water and some comps have a couple. A bit too much to expect it to go from 6 to 8 plus the girls in the Emerging Jets still out of the talent pool meant some teams just have players for numbers and it is evident when you watch them play.

Free rego means you only have players playing because they didn't have to pay and not playing for the club and their teammates. Also doesn't help that one club offered all their players free rego plus payment and then told the juniors that they now won't be getting their payment. That's going to hurt the club in retaining players.

Don't know about Cardiff but Broadmeadow no longer have a comp because they don't give a shit about women's football (they won't even support girls teams in U6 comps) and generally have a poor opinion of women in sport in general. They gave no support to their women's team and would prioritise their junior ID teams over the WPL team. The players and coaching staff had enough and left and Broadmeadow didn't care to retain them or take replacements.

Did hear a rumour that Lambton Jaffas Juniors were looking at fielding a squad should one of the current clubs drop out.

Why? FMNC are performing quite well at the moment and may even make finals and if their 18's stick around then they will be stronger over the next couple of years. Granted a number of the players that play in their 18's games are part of their 1st grade squad but still.

And WPL also needs to be able to play their games. This current situation with fields out of play every week is beyond a joke. Surely the cricket pitches are not that precious? I remember playing on fields with cricket pitches, back in the dark ages, and they seemed to survive the wet and football boots.

Should WPL be even playing on grounds that have a cricket pitch in the middle? A number of grounds are pretty crap and don't even fit into the original requirements which Northern allowing to happen is not allowing the sport to advance. Adamstown is the only one fitting in with the original requirements with Warners Bar and Wallsend ticking a number of boxes.

Agreed though the amount of wash outs this year is unreal.

Goatscheese
05-07-2015, 09:08 PM
So the WPL final is being played at Magic Park, is anyone else pissed off about this? Not only will a club that is against women in the game getting to host the match but they will also get to make a sizeable amount of money off the parents and players including no doubt charging entry.

Is someone at Northern looking out for their mates or are the people who make these decisions at Northern just don't think?

ForeverRed
05-07-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm pretty sure there's no thought process, also the should be no entry fee allowed although nnswmagic will do their best to squirm as many dollars possible

Thomas477
05-07-2015, 09:37 PM
Did hear a rumour that Lambton Jaffas Juniors were looking at fielding a squad should one of the current clubs drop out.

Well we'd have to find u/14s, u/16s and u/18s team, given we only have 2 W A/A teams, but the highest is in D grade though. Plus no all girls junior teams. In addition Harry Edwards struggles to cope with the number of teams as is, let alone another 4 state league games each week. In short, little to chane of that ever happening. Would've thought Kotara South, who have a number of junior girls teams or maybe even a Macquarie club like Dudley or Swansea.

Plus btw the juniors and seniors are the one club.

The Magician
05-07-2015, 11:19 PM
Don't know about Cardiff but Broadmeadow no longer have a comp because they don't give a shit about women's football (they won't even support girls teams in U6 comps) and generally have a poor opinion of women in sport in general. They gave no support to their women's team and would prioritise their junior ID teams over the WPL team. The players and coaching staff had enough and left and Broadmeadow didn't care to retain them or take replacements.

Hahahaha... How misinformed you are, as a former committee member of Magic who was in the committee when the girls were playing let me clear up a few FACTS...

1. When Northern NSW asked clubs if they would like to host a women's team we duly obliged when so many other clubs totally refused. Where is you criticism for those clubs who have not even attempted to field an WPL women's team?. At least we gave it a go!!!

2. Prioritise? can you provide examples... And wet weather wash outs is not an excuse at the time we did not have lights.

3. All we asked for the women was to be SUSTAINABLE... within the admin and coaching group the club was totally committed to maintaining the women if they could from their contacts and social circles bring in sponsors to cover their costs to within $1000-$2000 of total expenditure. Inevitably our current sponsors took up the slack on top of their support on the Mens senior side of things. In the 3 years the Magic WPL was playing they found 1 external sponsor (not currently sponsoring the men) Resco Services... who did not even pay their sponsorship. Financially yes the girls were becoming a drain as the girls were struggling to engage with the community to bring in support to cover the cost of regos, gear, training facilities etc. In the end football is a business if a team continue to lose vast amounts of money it will not be around for long.

4. As someone that has seen both sides of women football as a spectator and administrator i will state that the women's game at the time had huge credibility problems... the teams and players of the time held no allegiance to the clubs they played for... it was just a coloured shirt to them... whole teams would chop and change every year searching for the thicker carpet. At magic the first season was fantastic and the girls engaged well with the club and were indeed successful, during the second and third seasons a toxicity had developed between the girls and the club which was fostered at the time by the then manager Marilyn. The club would organise social functions and the girls would not attend, presentations nights that the girls "could not attend"... a whole team cant make it to a presentation or season launch?... what a load of shit... Classic case of shitting in the bed you sleep in...

I will provide an example where the girls decided to run a breast cancer fund raiser after one of our home games... 6 womens team participating on the day... raffles and auctions to take place at 5:00pm after the main fixture... after the final whistle everyones gone home... a function for breast cancer ran by the girls for a girls cause... the club has catered for 120 as directed by rsvps from the girls... where are the girls? 20 WPL players and supporters stayed behind from 6 teams... Our men at the time were playing against Valentine at belmont and managed to get over 40 players and supporters back in time... it was quite embarrassing... in the end i think we managed to raise a thousand after the club committee purchased a few auction items... then manager Marylin hits us with a $600 bill for 17 pink socks purchased from the hockey centre?... thats nearly $40 a pair WTF?

5. The decision to pull the team from the club was not made entirely by the club, during the third season it had been leaked to the committee that the team had agreed to disband with marylin taking up an admin role at Adamstown and then the other 5 top players going to lakes to be player/coached... when confronted with this marylin and the coaches would not deny this but where then asking for more investment int the girls to cover extra gear?. Its not good to speak ill of the dead but the shit that has been fed to the girls painted the club to be an ogre that didnt want them... which was untrue... in the end the team splitting up proved a convenient excuse... and exposed womens football in newcastle at the time to be just a saddle club filled with girls jumping on one horse to the other. Imagine if you were running a club and before the season had finished your coach and manager had joined committees of other clubs and started tapping up players to join another club and leave you in ruin. The girls had shown their true colours and the club was quite happy to not renew its WPL agreement. AT LEAST WE GAVE IT A GO!!!!

6. Magic don't give a shit about women's football? We host the W-league taking time from upgrading facilities and the ground in the summer time to work for the girls to deliver a top product our girls from NNSW can be proud of... They (magic committee) dont get an off-season... Anyone who goes to the W-League games and sees how hard the Magic guys work to ensure the facility and hospitality is top notch for our local and visiting supporters will clearly identify with this... And i guess NNSWF sympathises with this as when it has been taken away from Wanderers the product delivered is sub standard at a "WPL" venue... and this is why NNSWF have probably made the decision to grant this years WPL final to Wanders is that its the best all round package... And to correct you again NNSWF get the proceeds to GF's not the hosts...

7. As for the future... would WPL come back to Magic... we discussed at the time if NNSWF had made it compulsory for all first division clubs to have WPL teams we would jump into it no holds barred... but until that happens if you would like to see some girls running around in a magic shirt i suggest you go to Myer Park on Saturday morning and see our community junior girls having a kick they might not have a girls teams in every grade but tell me a club who does.

WPL... Always the victims...filled with excuses and assumption and lacking substance and conviction in solution. Until women's football comes out from under the shadow of mens football and drops the victim mentality it will not be a sustainable proposition outside of the NNSWF ran emerging jets program... and we will continue to see teams form and fold every season... im not sure how it is going this year i havent been able to make many games but the young girls coming through need to stick it out and show faith in the clubs that have provided for them.

Thomas477
05-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Magician, are you telling us that Magic do not get a single cent from hosting the WPL final?

The Magician
05-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Magician, are you telling us that Magic do not get a single cent from hosting the WPL final?

The statement by "Goatscheese" implied that Magic would "make a sizeable amount of money off the parents and players including no doubt charging entry"

Magic has not hosted a WPL grand final before so i'm not sure how they would be able to comment on how much money is made on the day. And i will restate that NNSWF collect gate takings... Maybe they (NNSWF) are trying to maximise their profits by hosting it at the most crowd comfortable venue...

Maybe someone from Adamstown who has hosted nearly every semi final and grand final of the WPL can explain how they have invested their profits made from the day.

Thomas477
06-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Gate takings yeah, but what about the food sales. You can't just say that you're doing it out of the kindness of your heart when you're making money from it.

The Magician
06-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Gate takings yeah, but what about the food sales. You can't just say that you're doing it out of the kindness of your heart when you're making money from it.

They are volunteers, the money gets spent back on the facility which inevitably the W-League Jets call home... so whats your point? The committee doesn't divy up the profits at the end of the day and pay each person a wage...

Footyhead
06-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Will be magic to have the WPL GFs at Broadmeadow... great ground, drains well, good stands for spectators, great atmosphere, better than other wind swept barren grounds we've been to. If magic makes some money out of this so friggin what, they've put in the effort to create a great facility.

Next year's WPL it's the juniors that matter, should be either keep the same clubs or cut one or two out and ensure good coaching. No point dropping a club and letting another in, there's no other clubs out there with quality jnrs, even current WPL clubs lack quality. It'd just be musical chairs.
You can tell the stark difference between the teams who have picked up the zone players and those who haven't esp in the 14s, but hopefully with appropriate coaching and kids being taught to Play football, in a few years as the kids progress to seniors, the comp will grow stronger. Just a pity this year has been watered down by no emerging jets, seniors leaving to play in Sydney and others playing locally outside of the WPL

late_to_the_game
06-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Magicians Magic WPL experience matches the bits and pieces I heard around the time, and fits with my experiences. Hopefully now we can stabilize the competition a bit and then slowly move forward.

late_to_the_game
02-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Have to congratulate the Merewether 1st grade girls and of course their coach Cass on the minor premiership.

Merewether were one of the foundation clubs of the WPL 7 odd years ago and this is the first silverware.

Thanks to all the people who have been involved over those 7 years who all played a part in this.

soccernut
02-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Have to congratulate the Merewether 1st grade girls and of course their coach Cass on the minor premiership.

Merewether were one of the foundation clubs of the WPL 7 odd years ago and this is the first silverware.

Thanks to all the people who have been involved over those 7 years who all played a part in this.

Congratulations Merewether and Cass.

late_to_the_game
03-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Rumors are that Valentine will be withdrawing from the WPL next year, with possibly New Lambton taking their place.
Sad if true, Valentine being only one of three foundation clubs remaining.

The Magician
03-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Rumors are that Valentine will be withdrawing from the WPL next year, with possibly New Lambton taking their place.

With their men likely to be promoted to NPL next year sounds like they trying to free up some funds.

chocolate soldier
03-08-2015, 01:45 PM

any rumours on potentially why they may be withdrawing?

Footyhead
03-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Congrats to Merewether, also to Mid North Coast in 18s, South Wallsend in 16s, Thornton in 14s... all Minor Premiers by comfortable margins. Good to see mix of teams taking silverware, no dominance by one or two teams.
Valo out? Would be very surprised as their 1sts & 18s doing well, or is it due to their lack of jnrs? Based on performance, woulda thought Wallsend or Warners Pay out, neither figuring in any finals cept 16s and even then only cos Warners Pay took Valo players from last year.

late_to_the_game
03-08-2015, 11:12 PM
any rumours on potentially why they may be withdrawing?

Key organizers moving on, does not look like they have replacements, also struggling wih player numbers. But then nearly everyone did this year.

chocolate soldier
04-08-2015, 06:59 AM
Key organizers moving on, does not look like they have replacements, also struggling wih player numbers. But then nearly everyone did this year.

struggling with player numbers..... we all knew this would happen when the federation pulled the trigger too quick with 3 new clubs in WPL this year. fair enough those 3 clubs applied for the opportunity to go up, but they were in the bottom half of the ZPL comp the previous year.

would reducing the number of teams again bring together a stronger bunch of teams in WPL and increase the quality again..... only one way to find out

soccernut
07-08-2015, 01:02 AM
Congrats to Merewether, also to Mid North Coast in 18s, South Wallsend in 16s, Thornton in 14s... all Minor Premiers by comfortable margins. Good to see mix of teams taking silverware, no dominance by one or two teams.
Valo out? Would be very surprised as their 1sts & 18s doing well, or is it due to their lack of jnrs? Based on performance, woulda thought Wallsend or Warners Pay out, neither figuring in any finals cept 16s and even then only cos Warners Pay took Valo players from last year.

Hey Footyhead its not very nice to refer to Warners Bay as Warners Pay, why are you being so derogatory ?

Do you actually really think that Warners Bay is the only club paying players ?

The u16 players that come over from Valentine were mainly ex Warners Bay juniors who left Warners Bay because Warners Bay didn't have WPL. Warners Bay has also lost juniors to Valentine and other clubs, yours included. This year two Warners Bay juniors went to Valentine and two Valentine juniors come to Warners Bay, fair swap.

The coach that is coaching the u16 team at Warners Bay has coached the returning u16 players before and has won two grandfinals and one runner up with Warners Bay girls in the last three years, as you can see the Majority of the current u16 Warners Bay team has been performing well for years.The players in the current u16 team have performed well all year and all the players in the team deserve credit for making the semi's, to say that the team only made the semis because of a couple of ex Valentine players is just ridiculous, they all contributed.

Your club currently has at least two Warners Bay juniors in its u18 team, from your reasoning I assume you would have to say that if your u18 team scrapes into the semis its only due to the ex Warners Bay juniors.

In relation to one of your earlier blog's Warners Bay currently has six juniors from their u14 and u16 teams trialling for the emerging jets because the club nominated them.

chocolate soldier
11-08-2015, 02:51 PM
looking at the final table for WPL first grade, the goals against column for all bar the top 2 teams is quite significant. is this a sign that the comp has a very attacking mindset and little pride in the amount of goals one would concede?

The Magician
12-08-2015, 11:15 AM
looking at the final table for WPL first grade, the goals against column for all bar the top 2 teams is quite significant. is this a sign that the comp has a very attacking mindset and little pride in the amount of goals one would concede?

Somewhat agree... from what ive seen i think the defenders are on par with other outfielders in their teams with respects to strength and skill but the quality of the goal keeping is quite low in the women's competitions. WPL needs a top to bottom strategy on improving women goal keepers, a one off night lets say at Speers Point Facility to get all keepers together, clubs can nominate 3, through the season would make a huge difference. I would love to see the statistic of goals scored from outside the box comparing the WPL to NPL, and i bet WPL with be significantly more based on the poorer standard of keeper. Not bagging the keepers there just isn't the quality to go around for every team.

chocolate soldier
12-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Somewhat agree... from what ive seen i think the defenders are on par with other outfielders in their teams with respects to strength and skill but the quality of the goal keeping is quite low in the women's competitions. WPL needs a top to bottom strategy on improving women goal keepers, a one off night lets say at Speers Point Facility to get all keepers together, clubs can nominate 3, through the season would make a huge difference. I would love to see the statistic of goals scored from outside the box comparing the WPL to NPL, and i bet WPL with be significantly more based on the poorer standard of keeper. Not bagging the keepers there just isn't the quality to go around for every team.

agree, have seen quite a few long range goals this year that really should not have gone in

dont mind the idea on keeper training, but then again, shouldnt the individual clubs be trying to track down some training themselves??

chocolate soldier
17-08-2015, 01:51 PM
an 8-0 thumping in a semi final from a team reportedly folding..... at least the 2 form teams in the comp will be playing in the GF next weekend, should be a very competitive match

Mumbler
18-08-2015, 09:54 PM
an 8-0 thumping in a semi final from a team reportedly folding..... at least the 2 form teams in the comp will be playing in the GF next weekend, should be a very competitive match

A big scoreline but they did have quite a few out injured, plus 2 gone to the USA for College Football. Others had work commitments. They fielded 16 year olds in the last few games they were so short of players. If you think back a few weeks Adamstown were the only team to actually beat Merewether all season. So there are reasons behind the scoreline. Not to take anything away from Valentine. They were awesome and full credit to them for the performance. On paper they should have dominated all season. Should be a cracker of a Grand Final on Sunday.

Footyhead
22-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Hey Footyhead its not very nice to refer to Warners Bay as Warners Pay, why are you being so derogatory ?

Do you actually really think that Warners Bay is the only club paying players ?

The u16 players that come over from Valentine were mainly ex Warners Bay juniors who left Warners Bay because Warners Bay didn't have WPL. Warners Bay has also lost juniors to Valentine and other clubs, yours included. This year two Warners Bay juniors went to Valentine and two Valentine juniors come to Warners Bay, fair swap.

The coach that is coaching the u16 team at Warners Bay has coached the returning u16 players before and has won two grandfinals and one runner up with Warners Bay girls in the last three years, as you can see the Majority of the current u16 Warners Bay team has been performing well for years.The players in the current u16 team have performed well all year and all the players in the team deserve credit for making the semi's, to say that the team only made the semis because of a couple of ex Valentine players is just ridiculous, they all contributed.

Your club currently has at least two Warners Bay juniors in its u18 team, from your reasoning I assume you would have to say that if your u18 team scrapes into the semis its only due to the ex Warners Bay juniors.

In relation to one of your earlier blog's Warners Bay currently has six juniors from their u14 and u16 teams trialling for the emerging jets because the club nominated them.
Wow can't take the sarcasm mate? Of course players change clubs, happens all the time... The point I'm making is Valo made the GF last year but have lost many players this year and the results show that, whereas Bay have been stronger I believe for those that were in Valo last year. Bay weren't even in 16as last year, or Bs, so what comp are you talking about?
Anyway, looking forward to a good game tomorrow between two teams who play a good brand of football.

soccernut
23-08-2015, 11:06 AM
I doubt you were being sarcastic. The Majority of the Warners Bay u16 girls won the u14 B grade comp last year. They were and still are a very young team, all but one girl can still play u16 next year and a few can play u16 for a few years to come yet.

late_to_the_game
23-08-2015, 07:41 PM

1st grade game was a great game for the spectators, could have gone either way, Merewether got there in the end 3-2.

The amount of support Valentine had, surely someone will step up and take on the running of their WPL program and keep them in the competition..

Was a good crowd, more than turn up for w-league games.

Thanks to Magic, 4 games did a bit of damage to the field, they remarked some of the lines before the 1st grade game.

All in all a great advertisement for Women's football in the area.

late_to_the_game
23-08-2015, 07:46 PM
14s to Thornton on penalties over FMNC
16s to Adamstown on penalties over South Wallsend.
18s to Valentine 1-0 over FMNC

Mumbler
23-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Great day of football at Magic today. All 4 Grand Finals were very close and entertaining. First Grade went to a determined Merewether and was well deserved. Let's hope that we can strengthen the bottom rungs of the ladder for next years season. If the rumours are correct, and Valentine folds, then there will be quite a lot of players to filter out to other teams. But maybe they will all end up at New Lambton if the other rumour is true?

late_to_the_game
23-08-2015, 08:05 PM
But maybe they will all end up at New Lambton if the other rumour is true?

Based on a couple of conversations today that certainly seems like a possibility. Would prefer Valentine to get their act together!

chocolate soldier
31-08-2015, 07:02 AM
any new news / update on the rumour of valentine folding and potentially new lambton entering the comp?

Goatscheese
08-09-2015, 09:48 PM

That's what happens when you suddenly increase the league by two teams with the Emerging Jets still around taking players in that group out of the Newcastle pool

Goatscheese
08-09-2015, 09:56 PM
The amount of support Valentine had, surely someone will step up and take on the running of their WPL program and keep them in the competition...

Got to make you wonder why you would get rid of a team that is going so well, I know they have the mens in the NPL next year but I have heard from some Valo people they had decided to not continue next year early in the season.

Valo folding which is a bloody shame was confirmed weeks ago. The 4-5 Valo players and officials I have spoken to have already been talking about what club they want to go to next year simply because as one player said "I have no club now"

chocolate soldier
09-09-2015, 06:57 AM
when are clubs intending on having their trials for next season?

Goatscheese
09-09-2015, 06:12 PM
when are clubs intending on having their trials for next season?

According to Northern clubs can't start trailing until the 11th of October, though some clubs are already approaching players from other clubs and asking them to sign up. According to Northern's website Adamstown are holding their first trail date on the 11th of October.

http://northernnswfootball.com.au/adamstown-rosebud-seek-players-and-coaching-staff/

chocolate soldier
10-09-2015, 07:39 AM
According to Northern clubs can't start trailing until the 11th of October, though some clubs are already approaching players from other clubs and asking them to sign up. According to Northern's website Adamstown are holding their first trail date on the 11th of October.

http://northernnswfootball.com.au/adamstown-rosebud-seek-players-and-coaching-staff/

the early bird gets the worm though...

so the teams have been confirmed for next year then?? are valentine in or not?

Why Blue
10-09-2015, 08:35 AM

Valo gone !!!!
Highly respected coach at New Lambton so expect plenty of movement

chocolate soldier
10-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Valo gone !!!!

who is the coach at new lambton?

Goatscheese
11-09-2015, 01:02 AM

True it's not like Northern's regulations and requirements are worth the paper it's written on

chocolate soldier
16-09-2015, 07:22 AM
the New Lambton coach is????

late_to_the_game
16-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Rumor is Leon Davis....

Goatscheese
16-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Rumor is Leon Davis....

Would've thought he would stayed with Warners Bay considering the strides he was making when he took over.

late_to_the_game
17-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Agree he made a massive difference.

Why Blue
17-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Agree he made a massive difference.

You would expect that from a highly respected coach !!!!

Goatscheese
17-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Valo gone !!!!

You would expect that from a highly respected coach !!!!

So is that a definite confirmation that it is Leon?

late_to_the_game
21-09-2015, 10:01 PM
WPL end of season meeting this Wednesday for the clubs with NNSW.

Anyone have anything in particular they want brought up?

Goatscheese
22-09-2015, 08:29 PM
WPL end of season meeting this Wednesday for the clubs with NNSW.

Anyone have anything in particular they want brought up?

Ground quality, some are good while some are absolute shit they shouldn't even have ID teams play on them

late_to_the_game
23-09-2015, 11:20 PM
Ground quality, some are good while some are absolute shit they shouldn't even have ID teams play on them

Don't leave us hanging....

late_to_the_game
23-09-2015, 11:25 PM
So the main news out of the NNSW meeting tonight is that the WPL will be a 7 team comp next year, with the same age groups. Each team will have 18 games with 3 byes.
Age restriction rules will remain the same as this season.
Valentine are out only because no one would step up within the club and run the program. Bruce (the president) was keen for WPL but could not run it himself...

chocolate soldier
24-09-2015, 07:01 AM
So the main news out of the NNSW meeting tonight is that the WPL will be a 7 team comp next year, with the same age groups. Each team will have 18 games with 3 byes.
Valentine are out only because no one would step up within the club and run the program. Bruce (the president) was keen for WPL but could not run it himself...

so i guess all the talk about new lambton coming in and their new experienced coach is over....

Goatscheese
30-09-2015, 03:03 PM

7? So is it just Valo gone with no replacement or has a replacement come in and another team has also left?

so i guess all the talk about new lambton coming in and their new experienced coach is over....

Wonder what happened because a few months ago I know some players were approached and told they would like them to come to their trails.

chocolate soldier
01-10-2015, 01:39 PM

so i wonder where all those valentine players will go now???

Goatscheese
01-10-2015, 07:41 PM

And that experienced coach if late to the game was correct is still at Warners Bay as the 1st grade coach. Something I expected to happen.

I have a feeling that a few Valo players will be going to Warners Bay they all seemed pretty chummy with the Warners Bay players at the semi-final.

chocolate soldier
02-10-2015, 11:02 AM
although we dont like having byes in the comp, with less teams, hopefully the players from the now defunct valentine will filter through other teams to maybe raise the quality of the competition again

Goatscheese
03-10-2015, 10:04 AM
That's one of the good things to come out of it, not only raise the quality but also increase the depth.

football tragic
03-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Has anyone heard anything about player movement ?

Is Leon Davis coaching at Warners Bay again ?

Goatscheese
04-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Has anyone heard anything about player movement ?

Spoke to some of the Valo players last night they are intending on going to Warners Bay as is most of the 1st and 18's.

Is Leon Davis coaching at Warners Bay again ?

Yes

football tragic
05-10-2015, 01:53 AM
I will be going to Warners Bay as well. It seems like a good club that's well managed by a good committee, they have a good playing surface with excellent drainage, most likely the cheapest registration fees,an experienced and well respected coach and I am told they will have a new clubhouse built by the end of January.

They also treat us girls better than or equal to the men. It's definitely a club on the rise.

late_to_the_game
05-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Going to be a lot of current Warners Bay players looking for a new club ;-)

beersfc
05-10-2015, 05:40 PM
I will be going to Warners Bay as well. It seems like a good club that's well managed by a good committee, they have a good playing surface with excellent drainage, most likely the cheapest registration fees,an experienced and well respected coach and I am told they will have a new clubhouse built by the end of January.

They also treat us girls better than or equal to the men. It's definitely a club on the rise.

they don't have a team in either of the top 2 male leagues. Having that takes up alot of time resources and money. So easyier to focus on women.

I know one guy on the committee and he only has daughters. So maybe thats what they are trying to do. Have a club that puts women first. I have No problem with that .

Goatscheese
05-10-2015, 07:15 PM

It is one of the better grounds used this year, not sure about excellent drainage they seemed to have it closed more often than not. Though they may be because they consider it to be Wembley and the slightest bit of rain prompted the grounds to be closed. Hopefully in that new clubhouse they designed space for changing rooms that aren't the size of a broom closet

They treated their WPL senior squad better this year, some of the younger players got shafted after promises won't kept. As for their AAW teams well I know one team that won't be returning they felt hard done by and treated poorly by the club.

Going to be a lot of current Warners Bay players looking for a new club ;-)

Lot of Valo payers too, half the first grade team will almost certainly be retained.

football tragic
05-10-2015, 11:14 PM
they don't have a team in either of the top 2 male leagues. Having that takes up alot of time resources and money. So easyier to focus on women.

I know one guy on the committee and he only has daughters. So maybe thats what they are trying to do. Have a club that puts women first. I have No problem with that .

It seems like they are putting women first

football tragic
05-10-2015, 11:20 PM
It is one of the better grounds used this year, not sure about excellent drainage they seemed to have it closed more often than not. Though they may be because they consider it to be Wembley and the slightest bit of rain prompted the grounds to be closed. Hopefully in that new clubhouse they designed space for changing rooms that aren't the size of a broom closet

They treated their WPL senior squad better this year, some of the younger players got shafted after promises won't kept. As for their AAW teams well I know one team that won't be returning they felt hard done by and treated poorly by the club.

Lot of Valo payers too, half the first grade team will almost certainly be retained.

What happened to some of their younger players. I heard that they looked after all their players, apparently they gave the Junior WPL free clothing. I also know people from their three all age women teams and as far as I know they were all happy.

football tragic
05-10-2015, 11:29 PM

The drainage on the WPL field works well, I think you will find it was the other field near the creek that had an issue and I am told that is being fixed this off season. I am sure they didn't have any WPL matches washed out all year. Their old clubhouse change rooms were small and not much bigger than a broom closet but I think you will find that the new clubhouse will be based on the councils Swansea prototype, they have huge change rooms and it is an excellent clubhouse.

Goatscheese
05-10-2015, 11:37 PM
What happened to some of their younger players. I heard that they looked after all their players, apparently they gave the Junior WPL free clothing. I also know people from their three all age women teams and as far as I know they were all happy.

They gave them free rego too, they initially told a number of 14's and 16's they would also be paid if they signed up with the club (along with all 1sts and 18's) but then they later broke that commitment to the 14's and 16's. 1sts and 18's still got their sign on fee.

Goatscheese
05-10-2015, 11:38 PM
The drainage on the WPL field works well, I think you will find it was the other field near the creek that had an issue and I am told that is being fixed this off season. I am sure they didn't have any WPL matches washed out all year. Their old clubhouse change rooms were small and not much bigger than a broom closet but I think you will find that the new clubhouse will be based on the councils Swansea prototype, they have huge change rooms and it is an excellent clubhouse.

Well hopefully, as much as I hate to say it good on Warners Bay and Lake Mac council for doing that. Hopefully they have more success this year 16's were strong 1sts were strong once Leon took over hopefully they fix up the issue with the 18's. Do you know if they kept the 18's coach again, surely they must have got in someone new.

football tragic
06-10-2015, 10:57 AM
I don’t believe that is true about the Warners Bay rego and payment regarding junior players. I know girls in every age group at Warners Bay, we have friends of the family who have daughters that play WPL and when the rumours were getting around about free rego etcetera I asked my friends and they all said that they paid their own registration and to their knowledge every junior did, they laughed when I asked them if they were offered money. They said that the registration fee they paid was reasonable and cheaper than other clubs. I also contacted a committee member/ friend and they said no junior was offered or paid money.

My friends would have heard grumblings etcetera during the year if Warners Bay had gone back on a promise to their players and I imagine that we would still be hearing about it from the disgruntled players, who surely would have taken it further.

I think it was just a rumour that someone started for a stir.

Goatscheese
06-10-2015, 09:27 PM
I don’t believe that is true about the Warners Bay rego and payment regarding junior players. I know girls in every age group at Warners Bay, we have friends of the family who have daughters that play WPL and when the rumours were getting around about free rego etcetera I asked my friends and they all said that they paid their own registration and to their knowledge every junior did, they laughed when I asked them if they were offered money. They said that the registration fee they paid was reasonable and cheaper than other clubs. I also contacted a committee member/ friend and they said no junior was offered or paid money.

My friends would have heard grumblings etcetera during the year if Warners Bay had gone back on a promise to their players and I imagine that we would still be hearing about it from the disgruntled players, who surely would have taken it further.

I think it was just a rumour that someone started for a stir.

Look you may be right if so it would mean that 3 first grade players have lied to me, 2 players (one that would've been in 1sts and one in 18's) that didn't end up going lied to me along with two individual pairs of parents of under 16's players also lied to me. The parents were the ones that were unhappy about it. So yeah that may be the case or they were given free rego, must admit haven't spoken to the 3 first grade players since before the end of season so perhaps they weren't paid in the end and just got free rego.

football tragic
07-10-2015, 09:23 AM
Look you may be right if so it would mean that 3 first grade players have lied to me, 2 players (one that would've been in 1sts and one in 18's) that didn't end up going lied to me along with two individual pairs of parents of under 16's players also lied to me. The parents were the ones that were unhappy about it. So yeah that may be the case or they were given free rego, must admit haven't spoken to the 3 first grade players since before the end of season so perhaps they weren't paid in the end and just got free rego.

I spoke with more people last night and they all said that all commitments were honoured. I wouldn't believe what a couple of people who never ended up playing for the club said,I believe the people who were there at the end of the season who told me that all club obligations were met. Everyone I have talked to has said that no junior players were offered free rego or payment, what club could afford to do that ? it would be absurd. Every senior player that I conversed with said that they were very happy with Warners Bay and all said that they will be trialling with them again for 2016, now if there was a problem wouldn't you think players would be leaving in droves, all I am hearing is that they are going to have players coming from everywhere to trial.

Goatscheese
07-10-2015, 08:51 PM
I spoke with more people last night and they all said that all commitments were honoured. I wouldn't believe what a couple of people who never ended up playing for the club said,I believe the people who were there at the end of the season who told me that all club obligations were met. Everyone I have talked to has said that no junior players were offered free rego or payment, what club could afford to do that ? it would be absurd. Every senior player that I conversed with said that they were very happy with Warners Bay and all said that they will be trialling with them again for 2016, now if there was a problem wouldn't you think players would be leaving in droves, all I am hearing is that they are going to have players coming from everywhere to trial.

Out of the 5 affected players only two didn't end up playing with the club and all they said was they were offered money. What commitments were honoured? You earlier said there were none. Willing to admit that the two U16s may have been confused or things were changed but they are adamant that they were initially offered payment and that formed part of the reason for signing up for the club.

football tragic
08-10-2015, 10:29 AM
Out of the 5 affected players only two didn't end up playing with the club and all they said was they were offered money. What commitments were honoured? You earlier said there were none. Willing to admit that the two U16s may have been confused or things were changed but they are adamant that they were initially offered payment and that formed part of the reason for signing up for the club.

There was no free rego or payments for juniors but there was some free clothing promised and given to the juniors, that is what I was referring to when I said commitments were honoured.

Your saying out of five players that only three ended up playing for the club and two of them are u16/s. As we know from earlier posts the only new u16's that played at Warners Bay come via Valentine. I know all the ex-Valentine girls very well and as far as I know they are all playing for the club again next year and not one of them has mentioned anything about payment, which they would have if it was the case.

I don't know who the person is that played at Warners Bay this year in u18 that reckons they were promised payment but it seems that they have a different view to everyone else at the club. I am still going with the over whelming majority, I think your u18 friend is either mistaken, misunderstood or as you said they lied to you.

chocolate soldier
08-10-2015, 10:45 AM
lets move onto some positive points for the league and leave the issue alone now yeah?

chocolate soldier
08-10-2015, 02:04 PM
2016 WPL trials for Adamstown will be conducted this coming Sunday 11th October and Saturday 17th October at Adamstown Oval, Bryant Street, Adamstown, as set out below:-

U14WPL 8.30am for 9am start
U16WPL 9.30am for 10am start
U18WPL 10.30am for 11am start
First Grade WPL 10.30am for 11am start

Players are requested to wear a white t-shirt, black shorts and black socks, where available.

ARJFC welcome the following personnel as the coaches for 2016 season/competition

BEN HERRON - First Grade WPL Coach and U18 WPL Coach
RICHARD CRANE - U16WPL Coach
KERRY CONQUEST - U14WPL Coach

soccernut
08-10-2015, 08:17 PM
The 2016 WPL trials for Warners Bay are on this Sunday 11th October and the following Sunday 18th October at CB Complex Croudace Bay.

Trial times are

U14WPL 8:30am for 9am start
First Grade WPL 10.00am for 10:30am start
U18WPL 12:00pm for 12:30pm start
U16WPL 1.30pm for 2pm start

Warners Bay are pleased to announce the following personnel as the coaches for 2016 season/competition

First grade Leon Davis
U18 Cassidy Davis
U16 Bill Macpherson
u14 Shane Lewis

Goatscheese
09-10-2015, 01:47 AM
ARJFC welcome the following personnel as the coaches for 2016 season/competition

Wow, some big changes there what happened to the three coaches from last year?

My partner's sister has played under Richard and has spoken highly.

chocolate soldier
09-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Just time for a change and a move forward with a positive outlook

Goatscheese
11-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Anyone know of changes to the coaching staff at Southy? I've heard a few things, Marc Hingston gone? Norm now does 18s? Elyce Bates doing 1st grade? (That last one if true is that a player/coach capacity or has she stopped playing?)

Goatscheese
11-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Just time for a change and a move forward with a positive outlook

Wasn't it positive last year?

chocolate soldier
11-10-2015, 09:52 PM
I heard marc had gone to wallsend also

Dobbo
13-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Wallsend FC WPL 2016 Trials Dates

We welcome all existing and new players to attend our trials at Wallsend Park (Opposite Wallsend Plaza.)

1st Grade and U/18 Tuesdays 13th, 20th and 27th 5.45pm for 6pm start.
U/14 and U/16 Tuesday 13th 4.30pm for 4.45pm start, Sunday the 18th and 25th 9.30am for 9.45am start.

Please direct all enquires to
1st grade coach Marc Hingston 0400449716
U/18 coach Dean Cannon 0417291029
U/14 and U/16 Strat Kapalos 0412000184
Or wfcwomens@gmail.com

late_to_the_game
13-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Good turn out at the Adamstown trials , about 28 for U14's and 30 for 16's. Looked like about 20+ for 18s'/1sts, but I could not hang a round to see.

Looking at the quality of the players available, the 16's will be stronger than this season.

late_to_the_game
13-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Merewether Trials

Over two nights, at Myamblah Oval (our home ground)

Wednesday 14th of October - U14 @ 5pm, U16 @ 6pm and U18/1st @ 7pm

Wednesday 21st of October - U14 @ 5pm, U16 @ 6pm and U18/1st @ 7pm

See web site www.mufc.asn.au for full details.

Mumbler
13-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Adamstown Rosebud JFC look forward to welcoming new and old players back on Saturday 17/10/15 at Adamstown No 1, for our final trials.

Times will be as follows:

14 Girls 8.30 am for a 9.00 am start
16 Girls 9.30 am for a 10 am start
18's and First Grade 10.30 am for an 11 am start.

White shirt, black shorts and socks are preferred for those trialling. NO PREVIOUS ADAMSTOWN GEAR PLEASE.

If you trialled last Sunday, and will not be available for the final trial, please let Margaret Toohey know so the selectors can take this into account. The email address is secretary_arjfc@bigpond.com or ring 0409 655 957.

Trials may run for 1.5 hours (for each age group) if necessary.

The Canteen will be open for drinks and nibbles. Please call at the Canteen, to register, and receive your trial number.

Coaches for the 2016 WPL season are as follows:

Adamstown Rosebud JFC is one of the foundation Clubs in The Herald Women's Premier League. We look forward to carrying that proud tradition onwards into the 2016 WPL season.

soccernut
13-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Warners Bay WPL final trials are on this Sunday 18th October at Croudace Bay CB complex, all players are welcome.

We had a good turn out at our first trial U14 28 players, U16 33 players, U18 26 players and first grade 26 players. All Warners Bay teams will definitely be stronger next year.

Trial times are

U14WPL 8:30am for 9am start
First Grade WPL 10.00am for 10:30am start
U18WPL 12:00pm for 12:30pm start
U16WPL 1.30pm for 2pm start

Coaches are

First grade Leon Davis
U18 Cassidy Davis
U16 Bill Macpherson
U14 Shane Lewis

chocolate soldier
14-10-2015, 07:19 AM
so has everyone started having their trials now? will be interesting to see how the 8 teams worth of players can try and squeeze into 7 teams worth this year

Goatscheese
14-10-2015, 09:43 PM
so has everyone started having their trials now? will be interesting to see how the 8 teams worth of players can try and squeeze into 7 teams worth this year

Considering teams were short of a full complement of players along with some players not wanting to continue for various reasons and players in every club across various age groups not really up to it I would say it will be easy to squeeze them in.

late_to_the_game
14-10-2015, 10:35 PM
In the U14's and U16s I am seeing girls moving from Saturday teams and Inter-district B teams, trying to make WPL teams. The standard of the Adamstown and Merewether teams will both be higher than last year, and not many of them are Valentine players (that I have seen). Some existing players will miss out.

18's seems to be a strange age group with many U16's wanting to play up and some over age players also looking for a chance.

1st grade not usually sorted for a few months.

Goatscheese
15-10-2015, 10:37 PM
In the U14's and U16s I am seeing girls moving from Saturday teams and Inter-district B teams, trying to make WPL teams. The standard of the Adamstown and Merewether teams will both be higher than last year, and not many of them are Valentine players (that I have seen). Some existing players will miss out.

Can only assume you had a good turnout at your 16's

Don't disagree that some existing players will miss out, some of them across all the junior grades and all clubs didn't have the quality.

Did you get a chance to go to the other clubs trials? What were the number of 14's and 16's there?

18's seems to be a strange age group with many U16's wanting to play up and some over age players also looking for a chance.

Some U16's think they are capable of taking that leap (and some of them are good enough to be there)

Some of the overage players either know or think they aren't good enough for 1sts but still want to play and so are happy to go and be an overage player.

late_to_the_game
16-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Planning to have a look at Warners Bay this weekend.

Merewether 14s - about 22, 16s about 28. So pretty happy.

Goatscheese
24-11-2015, 12:34 AM
Now trails are over any one got early predictions for next year? I'm expecting Warners Bay to be a lot stronger this year in 1st and 18's with most of Valentine going over there not to mention poaching Imogen from Merewether. Still expect Merewether to be strong especially if they replace the keeper with whom I've heard they are trying to secure. Adamstown at this stage should be strong they have boosted their ranks by signing up some W-league players that played for them 2-3 years ago.

Draft of the draw has also been released noticed that Wallsend and South Wallsend get to have their derby in the opening round again.

chocolate soldier
24-11-2015, 07:04 AM
Now trails are over any one got early predictions for next year? I'm expecting Warners Bay to be a lot stronger this year in 1st and 18's with most of Valentine going over there not to mention poaching Imogen from Merewether. Still expect Merewether to be strong especially if they replace the keeper with whom I've heard they are trying to secure. Adamstown at this stage should be strong they have boosted their ranks by signing up some W-league players that played for them 2-3 years ago.

Draft of the draw has also been released noticed that Wallsend and South Wallsend get to have their derby in the opening round again.

so who is this keeper that you speak of for merewether?

soccernut
24-11-2015, 09:19 AM

Virtually all the Valentine u18's have come to the Bay but only three Valentine first graders have come across,I am told a most of the Valentine First graders went to Wallsend, if that is the case Wallsend will be a lot stronger. It Looks like it is going to be a very competitive competition.

Sounds like Adamstown and Merewether will still be strong and the teams to beat. Wallsend will be a lot stronger, Warners Bay are stronger, Mid North Coast and Thornton I imagine will be about the same strength.

I haven't heard anything from South Wallsend other than the coach has gone to Wallsend. Do they still have the same team ? have they picked up or lost players ?

chocolate soldier
24-11-2015, 01:59 PM
can only imagine that with the dropping out of valentine, there will be a bit of player movement. not sure we can declare favourites yet as it will probs take a couple of weeks when the season starts to get an idea of what each teams squads look like

soccernut
24-11-2015, 03:21 PM
can only imagine that with the dropping out of valentine, there will be a bit of player movement. not sure we can declare favourites yet as it will probs take a couple of weeks when the season starts to get an idea of what each teams squads look like

I don't mind going out on a limb but at the end of the day I think I am playing pretty safe, after all Adamstown and Merewether have set the benchmark, particuarly Adamstown but lately Merewether as premiers and champions.

Who are the returning players for Adamstown ?

Come on chocolate soldier and others I am interested in hearing your early prediction.

Goatscheese
24-11-2015, 09:43 PM
so who is this keeper that you speak of for merewether?

From what I've heard it's Sneddon, would be a direct swap, this was a week or two ago and have spoken to no one from Merewether about it since. May of course all be different, late_to_the_game would know more about it than me.

Goatscheese
24-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Virtually all the Valentine u18's have come to the Bay but only three Valentine first graders have come across,I am told a most of the Valentine First graders went to Wallsend, if that is the case Wallsend will be a lot stronger. It Looks like it is going to be a very competitive competition.

Interesting I thought Cass had a lot more 1st graders in her camp, knew the U18's were big fans of her. What three Valentine first graders are at Warners Bay? Cass Davies and?

I heard that Marc took half his South Wallsend girls to Wallsend so some from both would presumably not make it. Also understand he has taken the captaincy off Gawthorp (NNSW WPL Player of the year) and given it to one of the new girls as a way to secure her. Which probably pisses off the Wallsend girls that managed to stay around.

Sounds like Adamstown and Merewether will still be strong and the teams to beat. Wallsend will be a lot stronger, Warners Bay are stronger, Mid North Coast and Thornton I imagine will be about the same strength.

No doubt they will be league leaders again at least at this stage and I do expect Warners Bay to also be there. They should've been up there last year they just didn't have the right coaching for most of the season. Looks like the remaining 4 teams will be battling for fourth.

I haven't heard anything from South Wallsend other than the coach has gone to Wallsend. Do they still have the same team ? have they picked up or lost players ?

No idea, all I have heard is that Marc took about half the players with him to Wallsend.

Goatscheese
24-11-2015, 09:55 PM
Who are the returning players for Adamstown ?

If you mean the ones I mentioned that would be Rhali Dobson who currently plays for the Jets And Libby Sharpe who performed quite well when my partner played with her a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure there is another one who was a quality player a couple years ago but her name escapes me.

chocolate soldier
25-11-2015, 07:28 AM
Interesting I thought Cass had a lot more 1st graders in her camp, knew the U18's were big fans of her. What three Valentine first graders are at Warners Bay? Cass Davies and?

I heard that Marc took half his South Wallsend girls to Wallsend so some from both would presumably not make it. Also understand he has taken the captaincy off Gawthorp (NNSW WPL Player of the year) and given it to one of the new girls as a way to secure her. Which probably pisses off the Wallsend girls that managed to stay around.

No doubt they will be league leaders again at least at this stage and I do expect Warners Bay to also be there. They should've been up there last year they just didn't have the right coaching for most of the season. Looks like the remaining 4 teams will be battling for fourth.

No idea, all I have heard is that Marc took about half the players with him to Wallsend.

so half of southy, half of valentine and the left over squad from wallsend..... somethings gotta give there

taking the captaincy off Gawthorp and giving it to a new player as a sweetener... that will go down like a lead balloon

soccernut
25-11-2015, 11:18 AM

Toria Campbell and Nadja Squires are the other two Valentine players. I was also told that Imogen wasn't poached, she approached the Bay because some of her friends left Merewether for Wallsend, it could be wrong but that is what I was told, I am sure Late to the game can confirm. If it's true and you add the Merewether girls into the mix with the Valentine players, existing Wallsend and South Wallsend players than Wallsend have had a lot of players to select from and seem to have strengthened the most.

Goatscheese
25-11-2015, 07:04 PM
so half of southy, half of valentine and the left over squad from wallsend..... somethings gotta give there

Yeah so not sure where all have ended up

taking the captaincy off Gawthorp and giving it to a new player as a sweetener... that will go down like a lead balloon

I would be looking elsewhere after that sort of loyalty shown.

Toria Campbell and Nadja Squires are the other two Valentine players. I was also told that Imogen wasn't poached, she approached the Bay because some of her friends left Merewether for Wallsend, it could be wrong but that is what I was told, I am sure Late to the game can confirm.

Why would you leave for Warners Bay if your friends have gone to Wallsend?

If as many Merewether people have left as I have been told and not just on here then I rescind my prediction that Merewether is a definite top 3.

If it's true and you add the Merewether girls into the mix with the Valentine players, existing Wallsend and South Wallsend players than Wallsend have had a lot of players to select from and seem to have strengthened the most.

Well they have had the opportunity to get the pick of some of the best players in the league be interesting to know where the rest went. Why did so many Merewether girls go to Wallsend after becoming Premiers and Grand Final Winners? Can't be because they wanted to follow Marc Hingston, they would've done that when he went to South Wallsend.

Nnswf
25-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Long time listener, first time caller!

Hopefully with valentine leaving the league will boost the quality with one less team! Apparently wallsend have thrown the lure of free rego out, which always will attract attention! Word also was that all girls who played for wallsend last year were guaranteed a spot this year.... Between that not happening and the captaincy being taken could Marc hingston complete the hattrick of being sacked three times in three years? Only time will tell!

soccernut
25-11-2015, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=Goatscheese;139068]Yeah so not sure where all have ended up

I would be looking elsewhere after that sort of loyalty shown.

Why would you leave for Warners Bay if your friends have gone to Wallsend?

They seem to have numerous players to choose from ,maybe Wallsend already have their keepers sorted. Interesting though I wonder where Wallsend are getting all their money from ?

soccernut
25-11-2015, 09:39 PM
If about six players have left South Wallsend for Wallsend, I am guessing that some Wallsend players would have probably gone to South Wallsend.

Goatscheese
25-11-2015, 10:04 PM
If about six players have left South Wallsend for Wallsend, I am guessing that some Wallsend players would have probably gone to South Wallsend.

Possibly anyone from the Wolves want to confirm or deny?

They seem to have numerous players to choose from ,maybe Wallsend already have their keepers sorted. Interesting though I wonder where Wallsend are getting all their money from ?

That still doesn't make sense though, regardless the story I was told was that Warners Bay spoke to her first not the other way around. Either they got a strong sponsor, or they are willing to lose some money this year to at least put up a challenge.

LHopefully with valentine leaving the league will boost the quality with one less team! Apparently wallsend have thrown the lure of free rego out, which always will attract attention! Word also was that all girls who played for wallsend last year were guaranteed a spot this year.... Between that not happening and the captaincy being taken could Marc hingston complete the hattrick of being sacked three times in three years? Only time will tell!

Yes I heard free rego too and Marc is also offering some girls free gym membership too, that's why at least two players left South Wallsend for Wallsend.

chocolate soldier
26-11-2015, 06:58 AM
Possibly anyone from the Wolves want to confirm or deny?

That still doesn't make sense though, regardless the story I was told was that Warners Bay spoke to her first not the other way around. Either they got a strong sponsor, or they are willing to lose some money this year to at least put up a challenge.

Yes I heard free rego too and Marc is also offering some girls free gym membership too, that's why at least two players left South Wallsend for Wallsend.

did he also throw in a set of steak knives???

Goatscheese
26-11-2015, 11:07 PM
did he also throw in a set of steak knives???

Only for the first 10.

He does part own a gym so it was easy for him to give him that offer.

soccernut
02-12-2015, 07:08 PM
Some of the ex Valentine girls ended up going to South Wallsend. I am told Maddy Searle and Gemma Pearce are two of the players who have gone to South Wallsend.

Beppe
02-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Long time listener, first time caller!

Hopefully with valentine leaving the league will boost the quality with one less team! Apparently wallsend have thrown the lure of free rego out, which always will attract attention! Word also was that all girls who played for wallsend last year were guaranteed a spot this year.... Between that not happening and the captaincy being taken could Marc hingston complete the hattrick of being sacked three times in three years? Only time will tell!

what was the reason for the sackings the first two times, results or other?

late_to_the_game
02-12-2015, 11:02 PM
what was the reason for the sackings the first two times, results or other?

To be quite clear, Marc was not sacked from Merewether. The change of coach was due to Marc's change of work circumstances (howzats change of ownership), which he was later able to work around for Southy.

Marc has a long history with Merewether, and we hope to see him involved with the club again at some point in the future.

Goatscheese
03-12-2015, 01:43 AM
Some of the ex Valentine girls ended up going to South Wallsend. I am told Maddy Searle and Gemma Pearce are two of the players who have gone to South Wallsend.

Oh so it wasn't Wallsend that was mentioned earlier.

As for my question as to why Imogen would leave Merewether for Warners since her 'friends' went to Wallsend. It's been answered elsewhere and makes sense as to why she didn't go to Wallsend.

Goatscheese
03-12-2015, 01:44 AM
To be quite clear, Marc was not sacked from Merewether. The change of coach was due to Marc's change of work circumstances (howzats change of ownership), which he was later able to work around for Southy.

Marc has a long history with Merewether, and we hope to see him involved with the club again at some point in the future.

So the club had no issues with him and would've kept him on as first grade coach had Genesis not bought Howzat?

soccernut
03-12-2015, 09:32 AM

As for my question as to why Imogen would leave Merewether for Warners since her 'friends' went to Wallsend. It's been answered elsewhere and makes sense as to why she didn't go to Wallsend.

It was Wallsend that was mentioned earlier, I am still being told that a lot of the Valentine girls went to Wallsend but it turns out a couple have gone to South Wallsend as well.

late_to_the_game
03-12-2015, 10:26 PM

Just found out Imogen has gone to Wallsend. Olivia is now staying at Warners Bay.

Merewether still looking for a 1st grade Goal Keeper.....

Goatscheese
03-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Just found out Imogen has gone to Wallsend. Olivia is now staying at Warners Bay.

They must've kissed and made up then now she has gone to Wallsend.

Nnswf
06-12-2015, 11:37 PM
Apparently when facing a mass player exodus merewether found it easier to move the coach as opposed to finding a new first grade squad decided to move the coach on instead...
And some less than savoury comments towards the younger members in the side at south wallsend was the beginning of the end. The fact he tried to jump ship mid season but couldn't find anywhere to land was probably a good indicator he was on his way out. Goodluck to him turning a squad of 700 into 11 each week. You'd almost feel sorry for some of the girls who are promised the world every week...

chocolate soldier
17-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Apparently when facing a mass player exodus merewether found it easier to move the coach as opposed to finding a new first grade squad decided to move the coach on instead...
And some less than savoury comments towards the younger members in the side at south wallsend was the beginning of the end. The fact he tried to jump ship mid season but couldn't find anywhere to land was probably a good indicator he was on his way out. Goodluck to him turning a squad of 700 into 11 each week. You'd almost feel sorry for some of the girls who are promised the world every week...

maybe some early season transfers for those who are not getting a game then...

curious_fan
17-12-2015, 10:44 AM
AT the end of it all until players actually register it can all be a bit of a puzzle anyway, and pre-season will soon see the usual movements as well as players find they aren't in the top 11 or aren't comfortable with a particular coach.

At the end of the day FFA & Northern need to open up registration for the top divisions far earlier than January so commitments can at least be made between players and clubs.

Goatscheese
17-12-2015, 10:49 PM
AT the end of it all until players actually register it can all be a bit of a puzzle anyway, and pre-season will soon see the usual movements as well as players find they aren't in the top 11 or aren't comfortable with a particular coach.

At the end of the day FFA & Northern need to open up registration for the top divisions far earlier than January so commitments can at least be made between players and clubs.

I can imagine it is very difficult for clubs and coaches to begun finalising teams and begin planning for the season when come a month out they could be looking at a whole new team.