PDA

View Full Version : The Florist

MFKS
08-10-2014, 08:23 AM
JETS midfield maestro Marcos Flores has set the scene for an explosive A-League opener against the Central Coast Mariners with a stinging attack on his former club.

Representing the Jets along with captain Kew Jaliens and coach Phil Stubbins at the season launch in Sydney on Tuesday, Flores took aim at the Mariners over a lack of support and the circumstances surrounding his departure from the Central Coast.

The Argentinian played 12 games for the Mariners last season before rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee at training on January 2.

Phil Moss had taken over the reins in November after the departure of Graham Arnold to Japanese club Vegalta Sendai.

Despite the injury, Flores was keen to extend a one-year contract at the club but was overlooked for injury replacement Kim Seung-yong.

The decision was a bitter blow to the 2010-11 Johnny Warren Medal winner who returned to Argentina before given a lifeline by the Jets – his fourth A-League club following Adelaide, Melbourne Victory and the Mariners.

‘‘In the world of football there are too many lies. I am one of the crazy ones who speaks the truth,’’ Flores said

‘‘There was a lack of support at the Mariners.

‘‘I left the club because of the lack of support from a few people. Not the fans, not the board, but a few people.’’

Flores said when he played against the Mariners he would be playing to get the Jets into the top six.

‘‘It is not my goal to beat the Mariners three times. I can put that aside,’’ he said
‘‘But I remember everything.

‘‘I promise ... I will be successful at the Newcastle Jets. Now more than any year in my life I want to be successful.’’

Flores’ outburst is sure to add spice to what is already the fiercest rivalry in the competition.

Moss said he had nothing personal against the affable Argentinian and the decision to let him go was purely football-based.

‘‘I was disappointed with some things that were said publicly and on social media,’’ Moss said

‘‘I gave Marcos my reasons. They were legitimate football reasons, nothing personal.

‘‘He is a fantastic guy and was very popular with our fans and the players.

‘‘Certainly I have no regrets over the decision.

‘‘I look forward to shaking his hand after the game.

‘‘During the game he is the opponent and we will do everything in our power to stop him having an impact.’’

The clash against the Mariners in Gosford on Saturday will be Flores’ first competitive hit-out since the injury.

‘‘For nine months I have been waiting for this game,’’ the 28-year-old said.

‘‘From the second of January when I did my knee, I was thinking of coming back.

‘‘It will be hard to sleep the next few days.’’

Jets coach Phil Stubbins was involved in the recruitment of Flores to Adelaide in 2009 when he was an assistant to Aurelio Vidmar.

‘‘Working with him before in Adelaide I had a real insight to the person as well as the football player,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘We are grateful and lucky that we could bring Marcos to the club.

‘‘For him to be released [at the Mariners] after injury was a cruel blow to the player.

‘‘He obviously has a lot to prove to the people who let him go and to the people that brought him back.’’

Flores enters round one having played 45-minute shifts in friendlies against Wellington, the Mariners and the Young Socceroos.

‘‘Against the Young Socceroos, I felt good,’’ Flores said. ‘‘In the first game against Wellington, my heart was going to explode even when I was not near the ball.

‘‘After the test against the Young Socceroos, I feel much more comfortable with the ball, with my movement, being more free and fluid.

‘‘I am happy for that, but I still need to work.’’

Flores is certain to get a workout from a Mariners defensive unit headed by the combative John Hutchinson and equally physical Nick Montgomery and Eddie Bosnar.

‘‘I have seen first hand what a great player he is,’’ Hutchinson said. ‘‘He changes any team he goes to because he is a wonderful player.

‘‘Technically he is so good on the ball, and he can do and see things that others can’t.

‘‘If he stays fit and fires I can see Newcastle being a good team.

‘‘We spent a lot of time together off the field. My son Kai mentioned the other day that it wasn’t fair that all his best friends leave. I asked him who and he said Marcos.

‘‘That’s how close we were off the field.

‘‘On the field it is different. He is a Newcastle player now.

‘‘If I have to kick him I won’t hold back and I’m sure he won’t either.

‘‘I don’t want him having bragging rights.’’

Although short of matches, Stubbins declared Flores ‘‘fit and ready to go’’.

‘‘Is he at his best? That is up for debate,’’ the coach said.

‘‘I only say that because he has not played a certain amount of games. But he still has that flash of brilliance and the passing range.

‘‘He has the key that can unlock a door at any given time. That is what you need in your team.’’

Now If he hadn't of said that this bloke would have come out looking better. Marcos it is your goal to beat those ****s this week and every ****ing time we play them. It is mine It is Griffs it is everyone elses in Newy. Get with the program

Despite this oversight the bloke is just constantly going up in esteem in my eyes.

Soy Marcos Flores es un sentimiento y no me puedo parar.

leftrightout
08-10-2014, 08:39 AM
But that is the question isnt it.

Would you prefer to beat scum all 3 times or beat them on the table?
I certainly know what i would prefer, completely agree with him.

Already my favourite player now.... Flores Flava!

pv4
08-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Terrible nickname.

hausmann
08-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Just as bad as calling Montaño "Hannah", given that it is actually pronounced "montanyo"

Jeterpool
08-10-2014, 08:55 AM
We need more of our players coming out and hating on the gypos. Well done Marcos.

Jetmaster
08-10-2014, 08:56 AM
But that is the question isnt it.

Would you prefer to beat scum all 3 times or beat them on the table?
I certainly know what i would prefer, completely agree with him.

Already my favourite player now.... Flores Flava!

This - it's come out a little different with his English. He means just beating the Mariners three times isn't enough.

hausmann
08-10-2014, 09:00 AM
This - it's come out a little different with his English. He means just beating the Mariners three times isn't enough.

I thought that he meant that beating the Mariners was not a personal motivation due to what they had done to him. He's not after revenge but his experience of his injury has motivated him to have his best season ever.

sammydog
08-10-2014, 10:05 AM
I think the member is trying way too hard to read something negative, anything, into everything he reads about anything connected to the Jets.

My take on it is pretty much the same as Hausmann's. His goal and motivation is bigger than just beating the Mariners for revenge.

Id be focusing more on his statement, "I promise ... I will be successful at the Newcastle Jets. Now more than any year in my life I want to be successful".

The intent there is that he wants to beat everyone. We need to beat more than CCM to go anywhere.

Grimario
08-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Just as bad as calling Montaño "Hannah", given that it is actually pronounced "montanyo"

Hannyo Montanyo it is!

plague
08-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Unrelated/Related topic.
Which good players do you think have done better at their 2nd/3rd club compared to the one they made their name at?

Thoughts?

Also: ex-Jets don't count as all of them seem to do better once they leave our shitrabble.

pv4
08-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Unrelated/Related topic.
Which good players do you think have done better at their 2nd/3rd club compared to the one they made their name at?

Thoughts?

Also: ex-Jets don't count as all of them seem to do better once they leave our shitrabble.

- Basically half of the WSW team
- Nigel Boogard
- Galekovic
- Theo
- Jade North
- Robbie Kruse
- Petratos
- Reddy
- Mark Milligan
- Vukovic
- Thwaite (even though I loved him at his former clubs)
- Brosque
- Moss

Jeterpool
08-10-2014, 11:31 AM
I'd add Jack Hingert - always thought we should have signed him from the Fury, Brockie, Scotty Neville has done well for us.

hausmann
08-10-2014, 11:34 AM
hehe.

Also, "h" is silent in Spanish so it should be pronounced "Anyo Montanyo"

Premy
08-10-2014, 01:28 PM
-Smelt
-Brilliante
-Rojas
-Ognanovski
-J. Griff
-Carle

It depends on a few things the best metaphor I've heard or had it explained to me is this.

Footballers do an apprenticeship and like any apprentice they are taught what their employer wants them to do. You take an electrician apprentice that works on new houses for 4 years, after that 4 years he is a qualified electrician. Then take that qualified electrician to the Mines he has to be trained again to do the work he is already qualified to do.

Footballers are not taught to every system that's why they can be great at one club but terrible at other's. I feel Stubbins is going to set us up to get the best out of Flores question is will that system get the best out of the other cattle we have Griff, Newman, Kanta, Celeski ect.

The Dunster
08-10-2014, 01:59 PM
http://junofire.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/caravan-on-fire.jpg

This is the system I'd play against the mariners

Jeterpool
08-10-2014, 02:22 PM
http://junofire.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/caravan-on-fire.jpg

This is the system I'd play against the mariners

:roflz:

baldrick
08-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Flores will turn out to be the best player to ever play for the Jets.

hawk
08-10-2014, 08:52 PM
forza dunst.

Marcos my friend! your fate will be revealed on Saturday. You know what you must do. Being hutchos mate is not an option

leftrightout
08-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Flores will turn out to be the best player to ever play for the Jets.

Sorry pretty sure Brillante will be remembered as that.
If you read his thread it has been mentioned about 6,000 times!

GazFish35
08-10-2014, 10:31 PM

Even better than Dravondi?

Jeterpool
09-10-2014, 06:30 AM

I think it was meant to be a pisstake at that very point

leftrightout
09-10-2014, 08:47 AM
I think it was meant to be a pisstake at that very point

Aaaahhh im with ya now :slap:

A.J.
30-12-2014, 07:58 AM
Why isn't this bloke featuring? Pretty sure he's over his hamstring strain from a month or so back

Tommyjet
30-12-2014, 09:11 AM
He Says today or yesterday on twitter that he' s not selected and training with youth team.

lquiquer
30-12-2014, 09:24 AM
That's why I asked on a different thread if Saba would be good for us?

BodyNovo
30-12-2014, 09:49 AM
i swear our club is the only one who doesn't use the foreign spots correctly.

A.J.
30-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Finally sign the creative player we've been missing for years, he wants to be here, strings a few decent performances together and never sighted again. FFS

Thomas477
30-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Finally sign the creative player we've been missing for years, he wants to be here, strings a few decent performances together and never sighted again. FFS

But yet some want us to sign another one to play for the ressies!

Grimario
30-12-2014, 10:48 AM
It's worse than I expected... I always wanted us to sign a creative player but was concerned they would end up like Carle at Palace, sitting in the midfield running back and forth while the ball got pinged over their heads, route one. Flores doesn't even get that :(

q-money
30-12-2014, 10:51 AM
enough to make you cry

his touch in that wsw game was streets ahead of anything we've seen around here for yonks.

imagine if we'd managed to keep brillante to do the hack work for him, which flores's reluctance to do is what i assume is keeping him out of the big boys squad

Tommyjet
30-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Just for arguments sake, say we stick with this 352, do we think that Flores replacing caravella and carney replacing pepper from last games starting eleven would still allow us the mobility and strength in defence that have been kinda present in the last 2 games? IMO u can't put carney out in the wingback spot because of lack of mobility and even desire to adhere to defensive duties.

Oh and I know we could simply switch to another formation but is purely based on the 352 we are playing at present.

A.J.
30-12-2014, 12:04 PM
I think the only way we can carry both Flores and Carney is the 4-2-3-1 formation.

On a related note, interesting article on the 3-5-2 http://www.australiascout.com/2014/back-three-newcastle-jets/

weston
30-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Play Flores ffs

hawk
02-01-2015, 12:18 AM
does stubbs think that he can discipline players for not winning. there is no choice, we have only 1 best team.

MFKS
02-01-2015, 09:06 AM
does stubbs think that he can discipline players for not winning. there is no choice, we have only 1 best team.

Marcos ain't the only bloke who is being victimised at the club

Jeronimo
Pepper
Birraz
Gallaway
Steele
Mitch Cooper

Have all been screwed by this bloke and have been poorly treated.

GVE used to get accused of playing favourites but Stubbins is right up there.

Other blokes like Kanta Roundabout Gallagher Madaschi keep getting opportunities despite poor form

GazFish35
02-01-2015, 09:34 AM
This isn't a birraz v bk thing, I promise, but what's he done to birraz?

Dropped him after a string of worsening performances. To which birraz reportedly reacted by saying he wants out.
We've been arguing we want players who want to fight for the jersey.

Is there something I missed?

Flores is fit (according to him) and jeronimo impacts imeediaey so I agree his selections on those two seem bizarre.

Thomas477
02-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Birraz had a good game against roar, which included saving a pen, despite conceding 4. I'd hardly say that was him in poor form. Yes his kicking wasn't great, but BKs is hardly better. So many times on Tuesday he would clear it straight to s city player, or kick it out off a goal kick.

The real test will be if Stubbs drops Bk after having the same form as Birraz did. If he does, fair enough, otherwise he is playing favourites.

GazFish35
02-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Birraz had a good game against roar, which included saving a pen, despite conceding 4. I'd hardly say that was him in poor form. Yes his kicking wasn't great, but BKs is hardly better. So many times on Tuesday he would clear it straight to s city player, or kick it out off a goal kick.

The real test will be if Stubbs drops Bk after having the same form as Birraz did. If he does, fair enough, otherwise he is playing favourites.

Good point, I'd forgotten about the roar game.
I think the "I want out" might now be what's keeping him on the pine.

Raw Boned Youngster
02-01-2015, 11:04 AM
I hear the the Florist is a bit of a spokesperson for the rabble- maybe Stubbins doesn't appreciate being asked questions that he can't answer in front of his troops. That may have something to do with his current situation.

MFKS
02-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Good point, I'd forgotten about the roar game.
I think the "I want out" might now be what's keeping him on the pine.

Still can't work out the ****ing hate you blokes have for Birraz. Where the **** is he wants out couldn't give a **** etc garbage coming from??

If he is pissed at his predicament who could blame him??

The club is a basket case and he got shafted by the coach for what having a bad night with the boot V roar cause he kicked a few over the sidelines (whooppee) cause it wasn't his form with the gloves that night as he kept a fair few more out for us than we deserved to.

Coaches are meant to deliver his potential not stunt it with their poor treatment of him.

If he was to walk out I guarantee the bloke will come good elsewhere and we will all be moaning at the Birraz being like Goodwin Chapman Topor etc Who improved out of sight upon leaving us

The Dunster
02-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Marcos ain't the only bloke who is being victimised at the club

Jeronimo
Pepper
Birraz
Gallaway
Steele
Mitch Cooper

Have all been screwed by this bloke and have been poorly treated.

GVE used to get accused of playing favourites but Stubbins is right up there.

Other blokes like Kanta Roundabout Gallagher Madaschi keep getting opportunities despite poor form

Why wouldn't Stubbins play favourites ? The fans do it on a weekly basis as well.

My opinion is that we lack balanced players. Our players are either technically gifted or athletically gifted - but rarely both.

For each playing position on the pitch when you combine the talents and traits of the starters with the squaddies for that position you get a player that would be a force to be reckoned with.

When we do have two players for the one position with similar traits it's usually a case of both players severely lacking in one area. More often than not it is lack of pace or fitness [obviously not related].

The headache for the coach is does he go for the fitter more athletic type player or does he go for the more skilled though less athletically gifted player ?

If we look at the best teams in the comp these problems don't seem to exist.

Griffo for example can be compared with Archie Thompson. Both highly skilled with tons of pace in the past but lacking in pace at this stage of their careers.

MV use Archie sparingly and more as an impact player. The Jets on the other hand start Griffiths praying he can win a game for them.

Nothing against Griffo but if he's starting quality at this stage of his career then the rest of the squad are simply not good enough.

And given that Griffo is a better midfielder than the majority of the current squad let alone striker that tells me this team would fail regardless of the coach.

GazFish35
02-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Still can't work out the ****ing hate you blokes have for Birraz. Where the **** is he wants out couldn't give a **** etc garbage coming from??

If he is pissed at his predicament who could blame him??

The club is a basket case and he got shafted by the coach for what having a bad night with the boot V roar cause he kicked a few over the sidelines (whooppee) cause it wasn't his form with the gloves that night as he kept a fair few more out for us than we deserved to.

Coaches are meant to deliver his potential not stunt it with their poor treatment of him.

If he was to walk out I guarantee the bloke will come good elsewhere and we will all be moaning at the Birraz being like Goodwin Chapman Topor etc Who improved out of sight upon leaving us

You know there's a whole world out there that isn't on the limits of extreme positions you seem to love taking up?
There's no hate for birraz, there was a question about where your feelings of him being hard done by came from.

My view was that his form was slipping (spoken about this ad neaseum) and he was dropped. Agreed, harshly after the roar game, but again, there were aspects of his game in that one that suggested his yips ewe not resolved.
Rumours on here, and around the traps was that he then dropped his attitude, which has probably lead to his time on the bench being extended.

many have been asking for players to show some fight. I don't disagree he's probably got every right to want to leave, and he's probably not the only one, but benching someone who wants out is not exactly "playing favourites"

If his attitude hasnt dropped, and he's not starting in Wollongong, than I'd agree with you.

I'd love to one day meet you somewhere in the middle of a discussion, but you seem so keen to turn simple things into aggressive arguments.

Raw Boned Youngster
02-01-2015, 11:39 AM
There are glaring bits that could be improved. We have a genuine aerial threat in Monty but the service to him is pathetic. Carney has a genuine potential to deliver quality balls to him but there needs to be a bit more thought in the box about moving the defence around to get space for Monty. jeronimo could be a great decoy and, with a bit of work on the training paddock, there could be a bit of pre communication within the team about where Montano will be and where the delivery should go to. At this stage is is school boy hope for the best stuff- no planning and no cohesion. Then you have Virgilli... The guy has oodles of pace and the ability to find a bit of space to get around the back of defences but his crossing is diabolical and unbelievable for a player who plays at this level. Why the f@$& hasn't this obvious shortcoming been addressed over the years.
at the very least, find Montano's head- that is currently our best scoring option.

GazFish35
02-01-2015, 11:44 AM
^^^

Poor crossing is part of our club culture, always has been

MFKS
02-01-2015, 12:11 PM
You know there's a whole world out there that isn't on the limits of extreme positions you seem to love taking up?
There's no hate for birraz, there was a question about where your feelings of him being hard done by came from.

My view was that his form was slipping (spoken about this ad neaseum) and he was dropped. Agreed, harshly after the roar game, but again, there were aspects of his game in that one that suggested his yips ewe not resolved.
Rumours on here, and around the traps was that he then dropped his attitude, which has probably lead to his time on the bench being extended.

many have been asking for players to show some fight. I don't disagree he's probably got every right to want to leave, and he's probably not the only one, but benching someone who wants out is not exactly "playing favourites"

If his attitude hasnt dropped, and he's not starting in Wollongong, than I'd agree with you.

I'd love to one day meet you somewhere in the middle of a discussion, but you seem so keen to turn simple things into aggressive arguments.

My apoligies if it appears an aggressive position but that it is not the intent.

I am absolutely astounded though at the levels of dislike many have towards Birraz and the passion shown by those where it seems to border on below the belt hate.

It is almost like we have fans wanting him to fail just to justify their personal opinion after his twitter remarks the other year. A lot of the criticism towards him is just complete unjustified bullshit bordering on playing the man not the ball.
Why??

So far this season Birraz has played 6 games had 1 glaring **** up V Phoenix (which cost us nothing really as we were getting well beaten anyway) and a couple of goals where he may have done things better in hindsight but he was not directly 100% at fault for .

In these 6 games he still pulled out some quality saves where he done really well a couple of times he was also unlucky with great saves V Nix and Victree that led to goals anyway as none of his teammates were of any use to him whilst he was on the floor after making the initial save.

Reality is there was little wrong with his form at all to justify dropping him at all

BK has let in 3 goals in the last week that he has in hindsight not 100% directly at fault for though his efforts at keeping them out could have and should have been better.

Reality is there is little wrong with BK's form to justify dropping him at present.

Neither keeper is responsible for the predicament in our season

Between them they have 1 glaring **** up and a few goals each that in hindsight they could have handled differently. Neither keeper has actually shown any real reason to be dropped yet we have 1 who has been made a scapegoat of.

That's the reality of the situation.

As you said the rumours on here and around the traps are that Birraz has a bad attitude. Well firstly they are rumours and like all rumours are 90% complete horsehit and we on the Foz should avoid accepting rumours as being some degree of gospel like many on here are when discussing and forming opinion on the bloke

Secondly if his attitude has deteriorated since his benching then the responsibility for that rests squarely on the shoulders of those who made the decision to unjustly dump him.

Players ain't dumb.
They know when they are being treated poorly and they know when they are being treated fairly even if they don't like the consequences.

Grimario
02-01-2015, 12:14 PM
^^^

Poor crossing is part of our club culture, always has been

And since leaving, Goodwin and Elrich have put in some great crosses at Adelaide.

redwah
02-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Is Birraz the new Kale?

Grimario
02-01-2015, 01:51 PM
Is Birraz the new Kale?

Was Kale a youth and senior national rep?

The Dunster
02-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Forget about Birraz having a good game before being dropped and concentrate on all the sub-par games he had prior to that while managing to keep getting picked ahead of BK.

The Birraz fans were more than happy to see him selected after many poor performances last season and yet if they perceived BK was even remotely responsible for something that might have led to a goal - they effectively wanted him before a firing squad.

Personally, I don't think there is enough between BK and Birraz to have ever warranted the club bringing Birraz here in the first place.

We should have either stuck with BK or bought in someone that is superior to BK in every possible aspect of the Goal Keeping position.

Jets players should be competing with opposing teams not each other.

Starters are starters and squaddies are for when a starter gets tired, injured, or the game requires a tactical change.

Don't believe all that neo-conservative bullshit. People tend to perform best when their roles and position are clearly defined.

When uncertainty prevails people are rarely at their best. Neither GVE or Stubbins understand this.

Obviously, you need some sort of competition for positions but I don't believe the balance of that competition is even remotely close to optimal at the Jets.

plague
02-01-2015, 02:13 PM
I love how every thread has now been hijacked by the BK v Biraz debate.
Geez, even the movie thread has been hit.

Maybe put Flores in goals to get thread back on topic then?

MFKS
02-01-2015, 02:29 PM
I love how every thread has now been hijacked by the BK v Biraz debate.
Geez, even the movie thread has been hit.

Maybe put Flores in goals to get thread back on topic then?

What was that legendary quote??

The longer a thread is open on the foz the probability Griff is mentioned is >1??

Something like that??

May need amending to reflect the complexity of the battle for the much sort after job to pick the ball out of our net each week :sup:

MFKS
02-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Actually back on topic as far as I am concerned The Florist is in our best 11 players at the club.

Obviously Griff is the best but when I looked at our bench on Tuesday I seen our best defender our best goal keeper sitting on it. I am also of the opinion Hey Jeronimo is in the best 11 Peppz and Cooper given time will be in the best 11 and our boy Marcos wasn't even on the bench.

I always thought the idea in football to win games was to get your best players on the park. Exactly how does Stubbins plan on winning games when the best players are not even on the park.

Considering Flores last 2 games he actually played for us he scored one and nearly scored a stunner that smashed off the bar in one game and in another smashed the bar when Jets immortality awaited by scoring the winner V Gypos

Exactly what the **** is Stubbins doing when such a creative outlet and game changer can't get on the park. If the argument is he don't defend I will retort with David Carney still gets picked

redwah
02-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Actually back on topic as far as I am concerned The Florist is in our best 11 players at the club.

Obviously Griff is the best but when I looked at our bench on Tuesday I seen our best defender our best goal keeper sitting on it. I am also of the opinion Hey Jeronimo is in the best 11 Peppz and Cooper given time will be in the best 11 and our boy Marcos wasn't even on the bench.

I always thought the idea in football to win games was to get your best players on the park. Exactly how does Stubbins plan on winning games when the best players are not even on the park.

Considering Flores last 2 games he actually played for us he scored one and nearly scored a stunner that smashed off the bar in one game and in another smashed the bar when Jets immortality awaited by scoring the winner V Gypos

Exactly what the **** is Stubbins doing when such a creative outlet and game changer can't get on the park. If the argument is he don't defend I will retort with David Carney still gets picked

If you are talking about Kew then you really are having a laugh....He was our best defender last year but has been ordinary this year....He is either chasing a lost cause to far forward and leaving his spot in the defence open or is to slow getting out and keeping the strikers onside...

I don't know what you smoke or drink sometimes before you post but you've got a top batch lately.

MFKS
02-01-2015, 03:15 PM
If you are talking about Kew then you really are having a laugh....He was our best defender last year but has been ordinary this year....He is either chasing a lost cause to far forward and leaving his spot in the defence open or is to slow getting out and keeping the strikers onside...

I don't know what you smoke or drink sometimes before you post but you've got a top batch lately.

Agree Kew hasn't been as good this season as he was last season but he has been quite good in parts and has had some momentary issues bringing him down but he is still our best defender on our books by a long way.

redwah
02-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Agree Kew hasn't been as good this season as he was last season but he has been quite good in parts and has had some momentary issues bringing him down but he is still our best defender on our books by a long way.

Yeah, on paper we have a good enough squad but we all can see that on paper means shit this season.

I agree that Flores should be in the team every week. Players like him need game time to get things right....which seems to be the opposite to our manager who seems to get more stuff wrong with every game.

Jetmaster
02-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Let's keep it simple - put the best 11 players out there and mold the system around them. Too much emphasis on system.

Kew, Flores, Jeronimo, Griff, Carney, Montano (and Celeski when fit) should start every week - I don't care how you do it.

90% of the squads experience and probably 95% of the goals are in those players.

The Dunster
02-01-2015, 03:52 PM
People shouldn't think of Flores as the player that won the JWM. He simply doesn't move as well now as he did then.
Off the bench absolutely, but as a starter this just demonstrates even more how far behind the other clubs the Jets are.

Would he be a starting number ten at other A-League clubs ? Unlikely.

Yet we are hoping he's good enough to carry the entire team. It's too much to ask of a player that has had his injury concerns over recent seasons

Jetmaster
02-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Flores for the first 50-60 then start getting Cooper game time for the last 30 until he can assume the role fulltime.

Tommyjet
02-01-2015, 04:18 PM
IMO Flores should start with 2 of monty, griff and jeronimo with carney thrown in somewhere plus 2 hardworking mids. Something like.
Gk- Neville, Mullen, kew, carney- pepper, kanta- jeronimo, Flores, hoole- monty/griff.
Key to this is either switching to a back 3 or someone dropping into left back when carney gets caught forward.

Pepper can be replaced by celeski if we start controlling more of the ball but otherwise I'd have pepper and kanta there purely for the coverage they can provide for jeronimo, Flores, carney when they are out of position. Caravella simply doesn't work hard enough and regularly ball watches.

Don't mind who starts out of monty or griff. Key for monty is to start laying the ball off and then making runs into the box rather than hanging onto it and trying to create something himself.

Cooper apprentice to Flores. We aren't gonna make finals so I'd start building cooper up for the future and even start building a team around him.

GazFish35
02-01-2015, 05:25 PM
My apoligies if it appears an aggressive position but that it is not the intent.

Accepted

I am absolutely astounded though at the levels of dislike many have towards Birraz and the passion shown by those where it seems to border on below the belt hate.

I really do think you're reading too much into it. Its not dislike, and it's not passion, it's discussion, usually sparked by someone making a comment either about bk being crap or birraz being great, and that poster being questioned

It is almost like we have fans wanting him to fail just to justify their personal opinion after his twitter remarks the other year. A lot of the criticism towards him is just complete unjustified bullshit bordering on playing the man not the ball.
Why??

i do t think any fans want players to fail, except Geordies so they could have gotten rid of pardew? Though I agree it is strange, some others make posts that suggest they take similar stance on other players or club admin. BK himself has copped ridiculous unjustified bullshit for years. See Facebook!

So far this season Birraz has played 6 games had 1 glaring **** up V Phoenix (which cost us nothing really as we were getting well beaten anyway) and a couple of goals where he may have done things better in hindsight but he was not directly 100% at fault for .

In these 6 games he still pulled out some quality saves where he done really well a couple of times he was also unlucky with great saves V Nix and Victree that led to goals anyway as none of his teammates were of any use to him whilst he was on the floor after making the initial save.

Reality is there was little wrong with his form at all to justify dropping him at all

Agreed, to a point. his technical errors were repeated

BK has let in 3 goals in the last week that he has in hindsight not 100% directly at fault for though his efforts at keeping them out could have and should have been better.

Reality is there is little wrong with BK's form to justify dropping him at present.

Agreed, though his positioning (in open play, not set pieces) is a little out ATM.

Neither keeper is responsible for the predicament in our season

Agreed, it's the fixture list, we keep playing games we can't seem to win. ;)

Between them they have 1 glaring **** up and a few goals each that in hindsight they could have handled differently. Neither keeper has actually shown any real reason to be dropped yet we have 1 who has been made a scapegoat of.

That's the reality of the situation.

i don't think he's been made a scapegoat, he's not the only one been dropped, and his game has been critiqued, I've said elsewhere ill leave the critique of outfield players to those who know about those positions. Perhaps my lack of comment on welsh, madaschi, Kew, gallaway et al makes it appear as though I've a vendetta against birraz, I don't. I've not commented too much on BK'e errors as they've been picked up by other forumites, namely, as you said at the time his positioning for the second goal on Tuesday.

As you said the rumours on here and around the traps are that Birraz has a bad attitude. Well firstly they are rumours and like all rumours are 90% complete horsehit and we on the Foz should avoid accepting rumours as being some degree of gospel like many on here are when discussing and forming opinion on the bloke

Accepted, but it not opinion on the bloke, it's opinion on his game, big difference. Hutcho is a tool, ... That's opinion on the bloke.... but I'd love him my midfield for the past 4 seasons. (Opinion on his game)

Secondly if his attitude has deteriorated since his benching then the responsibility for that rests squarely on the shoulders of those who made the decision to unjustly dump him.

No, not squarely. Birraz has a choice on how to react to the situation. Granted a better man manager would have the skills to pick him up after kicking his arse and not leaving it to the player himself, it's at least a 50/50 split in responsibility.

Players ain't dumb.

ive met more than few who would serve as evidence this sentence is complete horshit ;)

They know when they are being treated poorly and they know when they are being treated fairly even if they don't like the consequences.

Agreed, but it's still a choice as to how they react to said treatment! some sulk, some walk, some stay and fight for their spot.

What I really don't get MFKS is that despite repeated statements saying I rate one player over his direct competition for a starting position but express an opinion that there are flaws in his game, based on (on field) evidence, I get labelled a player hater who makes comments bordering on personal attacks to try an prove a point.

But if you express similar opinions on other players (Galloway) with similar (on field) evidence and on the club administration based on limited knowledge of the complexities in which they are working, then in that situation your rights as a fan to express those opinions are defended to the point of saying "**** you" to other forum users who might oppose those views.

That's were my confusion lays.

So, Flores? Must have tried to shag Phil's daughter? Surely he's worth having on the bunnings chairs to throw on and make a difference, or start for 60 and get some control going forward.

My2BobsWorth
02-01-2015, 06:10 PM

Do you know what a hypocrite is?

hawk
02-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Do you know what a hypocrite is?

yeah, its that stuff superman hates...

borat
03-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Flores isn't close to the player he once was and injury has robbed him of pace and stamina. He is now a luxury player but still has plenty to offer.

The problem is our defence and midfield are soo porous we can't afford to play him. Our transition is slow enough as well without adding a player he struggles to keep pace. It's a shame but I can't see it changing.

Tommyjet
03-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Left field suggestion, false 9! Jeronimo and griff/monty attacking from wider

Thomas477
03-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Left field suggestion, false 9! Jeronimo and griff/monty attacking from wider

Because that worked so well at Victory?

Tommyjet
03-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Because that worked so well at Victory?

I know mate, thought I'd put that out there and see how good people's memories were.

Bon
16-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Surprised noone has mentioned this yet:

http://instagram.com/p/x3P328IIcQ/

pv4
16-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Surprised noone has mentioned this yet:

http://instagram.com/p/x3P328IIcQ/

I don't understand.. is he inviting people to have a kickabout with him?

Is this SD's life dream come true? A kickabout, at a park, with a pub with beers next to it, AND A POOL.

Bon
16-01-2015, 09:41 AM
I don't understand.. is he inviting people to have a kickabout with him?

Is this SD's life dream come true? A kickabout, at a park, with a pub with beers next to it, AND A POOL.

I think so.. And to give kiddies free stuff from him?

WolfMan
16-01-2015, 09:50 AM
I would go down there, but there's already sure to be hundreds of people queuing up to see him off. Such a nice guy