ins;guy bates,stu musiclak,roger dowdell
out;sean mathews

maitland
ins;alex reed
out;roger dowdell

anyone know of any other player movements

Imyourhero
12-10-2014, 09:25 PM
The Carl Thornton from weston is an interesting one. How much fact behind this one?

ForeverRed
13-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Add Brad Walters and nick Russell to the in section at South Cardiff , brad didn't kick a ball last season and nick Russell played 4 games, both will be back firing come pre season

Bremsstrahlung
13-10-2014, 08:52 AM
I assume that confirms Byrnes has left?

cobra23
13-10-2014, 09:03 AM
I assume that confirms Byrnes has left?

Where has he gone , to the circus ?:popcorn:

Newy
13-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Jamie Bynres to Olympic is interesting.. Thought he would stay at Southy?

Newy
13-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Abe wheelhouse to Jaffas ?
Matt Comerford to Maitland

Bremsstrahlung
13-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Jamie Bynres to Olympic is interesting.. Thought he would stay at Southy?

I thought he was trialling in Sydney, if that was unsuccessful, back to southy.

Southy be needing a striker...

ForeverRed
13-10-2014, 10:41 AM
To be honest he wasn't welcomed back, the blokes a handful, to disruptive, wish him all the best though

amishpanda
13-10-2014, 10:46 AM
The Carl Thornton from weston is an interesting one. How much fact behind this one?

Absolutely zero. The only movement from both of the Thorntons will be in the event that Wallsend get promoted to NewFM, in which case they will be wearing red next year.

To be honest he wasn't welcomed back, the blokes a handful, to disruptive, wish him all the best though

These statements should never be made on the Forum FR. You can really alienate yourself from a lot of people/players who would consider themselves his mate.

De-Champ
13-10-2014, 10:57 AM
I heard Mat Paul form Magic to Adamstown

MFKS
13-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Ouch
Gee Whiz FR you are throwing the hay makers on here now

cobra23
13-10-2014, 11:30 AM

agree forever, just watching the bloke play you can tell he would be a handful for any club...

and amishpanda, we are probably doing this kid a favour by speaking up like this because he might change his ways when he realises that people notice his behaviour ,even spectators like myself who are not even affiliated with the club.

amishpanda
13-10-2014, 11:38 AM
theres a difference between the personal opinion of a player and his behaviour/attitude, and a statement made (or allegations of statements made) by an official of a club that hes played with. from a professional point of view, you are doing nothing but to tarnish the relationship that you had with the kid which will have flow on effects to everyone he speaks to/plays with. the football community in newcastle is very, very small. im willing to bet we've all heard the one about burning bridges.

ForeverRed
13-10-2014, 01:15 PM
You want the truth you got it, his days at Charlestown were limited for the same reason, gunners took him back and nearly lost half a squad for it, the boy can play but is far from being a club person, personally I like Jamie but it's not about me

amishpanda
13-10-2014, 01:22 PM
just giving some advice. take it or leave it.

terryk
13-10-2014, 01:30 PM
theres a difference between the personal opinion of a player and his behaviour/attitude, and a statement made (or allegations of statements made) by an official of a club that hes played with. from a professional point of view, you are doing nothing but to tarnish the relationship that you had with the kid which will have flow on effects to everyone he speaks to/plays with. the football community in newcastle is very, very small. im willing to bet we've all heard the one about burning bridges.

Then the football community will make their own unbiased decisions on the kid. Don't blame FR for expressing his opinion. Assuming he is really associated with a club then that club can deal with FR if they don't like what he says, not for you to make judgement on a clubs position. In any case its common knowledge what FR is saying.

amishpanda
13-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Then the football community will make their own unbiased decisions on the kid.

Let them. I am talking about his relationship with southy specifically.

Assuming he is really associated with a club then that club can deal with FR if they don't like what he says, not for you to make judgement on a clubs position.

He is, or was. In any case, the statement he made implied the involvement of the board or coaching staff.
I am not judging. As i said before: advice. Take it or leave it.

In any case its common knowledge what FR is saying.

Then denounce him, in the name of your clubs board and coaching staff. It could only be good for you, right?

Thomas477
13-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Abe wouldn't be coming back to jaffas, seen as too much of a liability and disruptive to the team.

The Postman
13-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Well apparently the Thornton Brothers to Wallsend Reds now. Don't discount a possible Maitland move either for Carl or he stays and continues to be Captain and well on his way to club legend status at Weston.

Bremsstrahlung
13-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Abe wouldn't be coming back to jaffas, seen as too much of a liability and disruptive to the team.

Amish will be onto you soon....

Blueboy
15-10-2014, 12:20 AM

I'm sure there are few blokes that will keep him in line at Olympic.

pv4
15-10-2014, 06:12 AM
Carl Thornton is way, way too good not to be playing NPL.

amishpanda
15-10-2014, 01:12 PM

The chances of Carl playing in NewFM are equal to the chances of him playing for a club other than Weston in the NPL. Minute to nil.

magician
15-10-2014, 06:09 PM

Same thing could be said about Shane Paul

pv4
16-10-2014, 07:01 AM

Article in the paper says Abe and Canli have moved to Jaffas.

TXK
16-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Article in the paper says Abe and Canli have moved to Jaffas.

Mass lols at anyone who thinks Abe's mentality will change. Good luck to him but.

immersion
17-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Mass lols at anyone who thinks Abe's mentality will change. Good luck to him but.

Maybe Jamie Burns and Abe would make the perfect team mates?

Newsfeed
20-10-2014, 06:41 AM
Mckellar to Maitland
Thornton boys to stay at Weston or go to Maitland
Monie to Jaffas

Blueboy
21-10-2014, 05:16 AM
Be a massive loss to Charlstown if Goodchild doesn't make a full recovery. Good luck to him and hope he does make a full recovery.

cobra23
21-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Be a massive loss to Charlstown if Goodchild doesn't make a full recovery. Good luck to him and hope he does make a full recovery.

what happened to the big man???

pv4
21-10-2014, 09:36 AM
what happened to the big man???

There was an article in the herald. He fell off a road-registered golf buggy taxi in the US on holiday and went into ICU.

GO AWAY
22-10-2014, 09:07 AM
Goody at azzuri info night last night and looked fine.

The Postman
31-10-2014, 06:19 AM
Thornton Brothers staying at Weston.

Monie back to Weston.

And Hearfield to Weston.

Blueboy
31-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Thornton Brothers staying at Weston.

Monie back to Weston.

And Hearfield to Weston.

Thats alot of money there for those two players.

Newsfeed
01-11-2014, 06:14 AM
Thats alot of money there for those two players.

Wonder where they get the cash from?

01-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Herd Ireland is back for Jaffas ! Any one else herd this ?? Or just the silly season!!

MFKS
01-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Herd Ireland is back for Jaffas ! Any one else herd this ?? Or just the silly season!!

Gonna be a difficult situation having Swancott and Ireland in the squad with one sitting on the bench

01-11-2014, 12:18 PM
my thoughts as well,

EH9
01-11-2014, 12:37 PM

Silly season!

Danny has signed to play for Manly in the Sydney NPL.

Allimpic
08-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Tannock to edgeworth.

wannabe
23-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Heard today Daniel Ireland to Hamilton olympic

Raw Boned Youngster
04-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Matt Thompson to the Maitland Magpies

Premy
04-01-2015, 11:58 PM
Can someone with more knowledge then me do a up to date ins and outs, along with mention of the rumored signings?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
05-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Matt Thompson to the Maitland Magpies

That's a huge signing for the Maggies (and the NPL)...

Blueboy
06-01-2015, 04:05 PM
That's a huge signing for the Maggies (and the NPL)...

Wont take him long to get the shits

Tonester
11-01-2015, 04:53 PM
I was informed that Troy Hearfield has gone to Weston anyone know if it's true,I know he isn't at Azzuri this season.

Tommyjet
11-01-2015, 07:29 PM
https://twitter.com/caineynbn/status/554185438890446849

BP Super Dynamos
11-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Hearfield definitely @ Weston, along with James Monie and Joel Hardwick. Jye Mckellar, Mick Ryan and Connor Evans going outwards from the Bears

I changed my user name
11-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Hearfield definitely @ Weston, along with James Monie and Joel Hardwick. Jye Mckellar, Mick Ryan and Connor Evans going outwards from the Bears

Bears will be strong

Tonester
12-01-2015, 12:15 PM
Getting all these egos to gel into a cohesive unit will be the challenge,some tried & tested sides might get a jump on them.Hope so!Gonna be a fascinating start to the season.

wannabe
12-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Getting all these egos to gel into a cohesive unit will be the challenge,some tried & tested sides might get a jump on them.Hope so!Gonna be a fascinating start to the season.

Who has these big egos you mention Tonester

Tonester
13-01-2015, 05:16 AM
Having an affiliation with Azzuri allowed you to see the effect some of their big money players had on the rest of the side when things didn't go their way.It was due to the tight knittedness of the rest of the squad that pulled them through to the Finals.Don't get me wrong,I liked the guys but the us & them scenario had a negative effect.I hope Weston & Jaffas coaching staff can handle it.

Newsfeed
13-01-2015, 08:07 AM
Having an affiliation with Azzuri allowed you to see the effect some of their big money players had on the rest of the side when things didn't go their way.It was due to the tight knittedness of the rest of the squad that pulled them through to the Finals.Don't get me wrong,I liked the guys but the us & them scenario had a negative effect.I hope Weston & Jaffas coaching staff can handle it.

Agree but there are other clubs in the same situation?

Tonester
13-01-2015, 09:08 AM
I would suggest any club that has high profile signings on bigger money than the clubs established first graders could have a problem if not handled properly.I know it was a problem at Azzuri which led to a well publicised walkout.I'm not putting all new signings in that category,time will tell.

cobra23
13-01-2015, 09:26 AM
I would suggest any club that has high profile signings on bigger money than the clubs established first graders could have a problem if not handled properly.I know it was a problem at Azzuri which led to a well publicised walkout.I'm not putting all new signings in that category,time will tell.

well there is players out there that have names for them selfs about only being money chasers.. so if your club is stupid enough to sign them good luck.

Tonester
13-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Imagine how tense the situation could be at Maitland if a couple of players who played every game in their promotion run lost their spot to an imported player on big bucks.It could lead to some tension,maybe not.Like I said earlier we are in for an interesting start to the season.

pv4
13-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Imagine how tense the situation could be at Maitland if a couple of players who played every game in their promotion run lost their spot to an imported player on big bucks.It could lead to some tension,maybe not.Like I said earlier we are in for an interesting start to the season.

Maitland had a great team this year, but there were a few players that it seemed evident wouldn't be taken with them if/when they made the step up to NBN. I think a couple of them knew this, too.

Players being brought into teams, and competition for spots, is a common thing across all levels of football - and every club will have experienced a number of players coming in and out over their time. From the outside, it seems that Thomo (Reece, not Matt) has a pretty good relationship with all the boys in the club and I'm sure he'll handle it as best he can.

wannabe
13-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Maitland had a great team this year, but there were a foew players that it seemed evident wouldn't be taken with them if/when they made the step up to NBN. I think a couple of them knew this, too.

Players being brought into teams, and competition for spots, is a common thing across all levels of football - and every club will have experienced a number of players coming in and out over their time. From the outside, it seems that Thomo (Reece, not Matt) has a pretty good relationship with all the boys in the club and I'm sure he'll handle it as best he can.
Why would thomo be handling it the best he can, isn't Chris Turner the coach up there

Newsfeed
13-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Why would thomo be handling it the best he can, isn't Chris Turner the coach up there

When he turns up to training

Football lover
13-01-2015, 01:58 PM
When he turns up to training

Haven't heard much out of edgeworth who have they signed any ideas? I hope Southy get relegated

Newsfeed
13-01-2015, 07:10 PM

Definitely? Trained with them before xmas hasn't been seen since

Blueblood
13-01-2015, 07:52 PM

Sounds like someone's trying to stir the pot here!!! Or maybe just concerned about their own backyard?

Tonester
14-01-2015, 05:15 AM
No big $ players at yours or my club Blueblood. I'm hoping team camaraderie carry us through.Could be a case of slipping through unnoticed due to the fact we've made no such signings.Not too many big egos at Azzuri eh! No reason to be!

outside_the_box
14-01-2015, 08:43 AM
Let me tell you all something, as a close friend of Chris Turner I know that players from Maitland who wanted to stay at the club are staying at the club whether it's in first grade or not. As for other players who didn't have the ability to be playing at that level they have moved clubs and agreed to it. Nobody got kicked out and replaced by players who getting paid big bucks.

As for Reece Thompson he is the trainer who follows the instructions of Turner. He is not the coach therefore has no control over the decision making that happens when playing or training. Turner is not at training because he has work travel commitments and when he's not traveling he's there. That's why Thompson is there to be train the boys under Turner's instruction. So everyone who thinks Thompson is actually training the boys under his instruction and is more of a coach than Turner, you are wrong. Everyone needs to get that through their head and that's including Reece himself - Thomo isn't the coach, Chris is.

Why Blue
14-01-2015, 08:49 AM
So everyone who thinks Thompson is actually training the boys under his instruction and is more of a coach than Turner, you are wrong. Everyone needs to get that through their head and that's including Reece himself - Thomo isn't the coach, Chris is.

now repeat after me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surely if we say it many times it will be true

wannabe
14-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Let me tell you all something, as a close friend of Chris Turner I know that players from Maitland who wanted to stay at the club are staying at the club whether it's in first grade or not. As for other players who didn't have the ability to be playing at that level they have moved clubs and agreed to it. Nobody got kicked out and replaced by players who
getting paid big bucks.

As for Reece Thompson he is the trainer who follows the instructions of Turner. He is not the coach therefore has no control over the decision making that happens when playing or training. Turner is not at training because he has work travel commitments and when he's not traveling he's there. That's why Thompson is there to be train the boys under Turner's instruction. So everyone who thinks Thompson is actually training the boys under his instruction and is more of a coach than Turner, you are wrong. Everyone needs to get that through their head and that's including Reece himself - Thomo isn't the coach, Chris is.

Another club snubbing their noses at nnsw and northern will do bugger all about it. How can Chris Turner be the coach when he doesn't even have a coaching license. Edgeworth did the same last season and had to sit foley on the bench every week. Do zane or mark wilson have their c license or will it be 2 npl clubs that dont meet the ffa coaching requirements for npl. Come on northern, same rules for everyone. Lets have some transparency for the clubs not only onthis but on the player points system as well . How is guy bates not a visa player? How is stuie musalik a marquee player? This comp is a joke. Either enforce every rule on every club equally or better yet just scrap all the rules and licenses and let the clubs get on with it

pv4
14-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Do zane or mark wilson have their c license or will it be 2 npl clubs that dont meet the ffa coaching requirements for npl.

I thought I read on this forum that Edgy had signed Piggot up to be their accredited on-the-bench coach. I could have dreamt it, but I'm sure someone said it.

De-Champ
14-01-2015, 09:35 AM
Another club snubbing their noses at nnsw and northern will do bugger all about it. How can Chris Turner be the coach when he doesn't even have a coaching license. Edgeworth did the same last season and had to sit foley on the bench every week. Do zane or mark wilson have their c license or will it be 2 npl clubs that dont meet the ffa coaching requirements for npl. Come on northern, same rules for everyone. Lets have some transparency for the clubs not only onthis but on the player points system as well . How is guy bates not a visa player? How is stuie musalik a marquee player? This comp is a joke. Either enforce every rule on every club equally or better yet just scrap all the rules and licenses and let the clubs get on with it

Didn't Musalik play for Adamstown juniors? If he did how is that any different form the magic boys that play juniors for magic, leave and play for the jets youth, then come back and play for magic?

Newy
14-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Zane did his c license in feb.

Bremsstrahlung
14-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Not too many big egos at Azzuri eh! No reason to be!
The big ego, isn't even a player.

wannabe
14-01-2015, 09:49 AM
I thought I read on this forum that Edgy had signed Piggot up to be their accredited on-the-bench coach. I could have dreamt it, but I'm sure someone said it.
Again just by passing requirements the same as last year ,only change is piggott has taken foleys role. I am sure regulations say that head coach, assistant coach and 22s coach need a c license or above. Nothing against piggo I think he is a great coach,but he isn't the head coach is he? If nnsw is serious about this it is easy to fix. Don't hand out coaching passes to npl clubs for people to sit on the bench without the correct qualifications. Regardless if you have someone who is licensed sitting on the bench,you can not have guys on there who aren't. Remember even tge assistants need a license. So when it comes time for nnsw to hand out the player passes and coaching badges that they have to wear around their neck nnsw should be saying to maitland,Turner isn't licensed and can't sit on bench or to edgy zane isn't licensed and can't sit on bench. This rant isn't a personal shot at turner and zane or edgy and maitland,the same thing should be happening to every coach and club who don't meet the requirements. Thoughts?

wannabe
14-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Didn't Musalik play for Adamstown juniors? If
he did how is that any different form the magic boys that play juniors for magic, leave and play for the jets youth, then come back and play for magic?
I didn't mention juniors de champ. They are trying to get him in as a marquee player so he is worth 0 points. If he was an Adamstown junior then yes he should lose points for being home grown ,but no way he should be 0 points as a marquee

wannabe
14-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Zane did his c license in feb.
Its only January newy,how could he do it in February

Blueblood
14-01-2015, 10:04 AM
The big ego, isn't even a player.

Unfortunately you're correct and that's a bit of pain we have to endure.

Re all the guys mentioned as not being accredited, I know from a good source that all those mentioned in the various posts will be accredited by the date specified by NNSW.

Bremsstrahlung
14-01-2015, 10:09 AM
:popcorn:

Newy
14-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Its only January newy,how could he do it in February
Sorry, November last year

pv4
14-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Regardless of how much power/control/etc Thomo or CT has at Maitland, every club in Newy should be jealous they don't have their own Thomo. Sponsors the club, works his gut out for them, and I'm fairly sure from my under19s-playing-days-against-him-memory that he's still under 30years old. A true gem.

MFKS
14-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Anyone doing this scam to get around the rules and regs should be seriously questioned as to what they are doing actually running a club at this level.

The reason we have this is to have our players in this country instructed by coaches with certain standards of knowledge. Now any club putting a less qualified coach in place is not looking after the interests of their club properly.

What is even more bizarre is that this club chooses to employ this bloke despite the lack of qualifications yet others who are accredited are available.

So they employ some bloke to sit on the bench who is actually much more qualified to coach the team than the bloke doing the coaching.

That's intelligent

The Magician
14-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Didn't Musalik play for Adamstown juniors? If he did how is that any different form the magic boys that play juniors for magic, leave and play for the jets youth, then come back and play for magic?

Hey might have played for Adamstown Juniors in U6 and U7's but that aint count to homegrown status... must have played u18's or u19's back then... but stuey was playing for newcastle united from u15s and nswis and AIS onwards... until he signed for jets. Col Curran played one season with Red Star, doesnt mean Magic claims him as a prodigal child.

pv4
14-01-2015, 11:19 AM
If what I have been told is true then Matt Thomspon at Maitland will not be a marquee as his previous club was in the Thai 1st division.............

I'm led to believe Maitland are so far short of the points cutoff that it won't bother them greatly what Matt Thompson is classified as.

Play feet
14-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Hey might have played for Adamstown Juniors in U6 and U7's but that aint count to homegrown status... must have played u18's or u19's back then... but stuey was playing for newcastle united from u15s and nswis and AIS onwards... until he signed for jets. Col Curran played one season with Red Star, doesnt mean Magic claims him as a prodigal child.

Do some research before you make these statements or you'll come off as an idiot. Just like you have here. Played all his junior years at adamstown.Used to go down to watch him play FYL in 13's.

pv4
14-01-2015, 11:39 AM
I could have swore Musialik played at least a year at Weston. He did, didn't he?

Wait - Adamstown had a FYL team back then?

The Magician
14-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Federation Youth League does not and should not count towards homegrown status... clubs must prove that the players played for the NBN state league club in lower grades no lower than the U17's... but was then U18's/19's in the early 2000's when they were chopping and changing all the time... the playing field is not even, if NPL clubs are not allowed to acknowledge their junior pathway players prior to U17's why should Adamstown? where is olympics's FYL or Southy's FYL home grown players... You need to check the rules...

The Magician
14-01-2015, 11:45 AM
I could have swore Musialik played at least a year at Weston. He did, didn't he?

Wait - Adamstown had a FYL team back then?

2 years i think... back when the Fijian international was in the team as well... Very home grown!!!!

magician
14-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Do some research before you make these statements or you'll come off as an idiot. Just like you have here. Played all his junior years at adamstown.Used to go down to watch him play FYL in 13's.

Played junior breakers from 14s-16s
I'm pretty sure

I changed my user name
14-01-2015, 12:39 PM
All experts on everyone else's clubs .... Classic

Must be Maitland and Adamstowns turn to cop it .

Jaffas getting a breather for five minutes as everyone starting to see they are good for local comp and magic getting a breather also as people now seeing they have earned there success through hard work

What's the matter everyone now a bit scared that Maitland and Adamstown are getting a bit ambitious as well and your clubs that talk loads but do nothing might be under the pump

All these know alls and grbeat coaches on here .

How anyone can slag of good quality players coming into the comp simply is defending there own nest .

The points have not even been declared yet by all teams and everyone knows who has done what on here

I trust northern to sort it all out myself .

Here is to a great season

I changed my user name
14-01-2015, 12:51 PM
we are all experts, hence why we comment on the forum, if we werent, we would ba working at NNSW Football or at the Jets..lol

I will give you that one , that was rather funny lol

salmon
14-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Great to see the new boys up the valley causing a bit of a stir and creating conversation, regardless of how ill-informed some people are. Over 10 year absense and back with a bang before a ball has even been kicked!

Those close to the club know exactly how much time and energy Thomo puts in, as pv4 has already stated. Without Reece and others putting in the efforts that they have behind the scenes, the club wouldn't be in the position that it is today, and it is a credit to everyone involved, especially Thomo being such a young age. As for the coaching situation well who cares about titles and who is or isn't "in charge". At the end of the day CT and Reece along with Danny Pryde and the rest of the coaches involved are working closely and efficiently as a team, and I'm sure people with largely uninformed opinions bickering on an online forum about"who is who" isn't going to bother them too much as they work towards achieving their targets on the pitch. To my knowledge CT is also in the process of obtaining his "C Licence" so there is no issues as far as accreditation goes.

salmon
14-01-2015, 12:57 PM
What's the matter everyone now a bit scared that Maitland and Adamstown are getting a bit ambitious as well and your clubs that talk loads but do nothing might be under the pump

:sup:

The Magician
14-01-2015, 01:00 PM
we are all experts, hence why we comment on the forum, if we werent, we would ba working at nnsw football or at the jets..lol

lol

outside_the_box
14-01-2015, 01:56 PM
I happen to know the club quite well including some of the players and can tell you CT was brought in merely to help mentor "Thomo". If you check their Facebook page it says.. Thomo first grade coach. Danny Pryde Assistant.
Allimpic I advise you to talk to Maitland's president and ask him who the first grade coach is before you make statements like that and while your doing that also check out these websites:
http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/2497595/chris-turner-announced-as-new-maitland-magpies-coach/
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maitland_FC
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2497738/graham-law-returns-to-coach-adamstown-rosebud-chris-turner-takes-over-maitland/
After you have done that please show us what part those websites, articles or any other piece written when you google 'Chris Turner Maitland' that is relevant to CT tells us that he isn't the head coach of Maitland. If you can't find anything shut the fck up until you get your facts straight mate.

q-money
14-01-2015, 01:58 PM
If you can't find anything shut the fck up until you get your facts straight mate.

ease up on the personal attacks buddy, it's just the fozza, no need to get your jimmies rustled

I changed my user name
14-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Allimpic I advise you to talk to Maitland's president and ask him who the first grade coach is before you make statements like that and while your doing that also check out these websites:
http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/2497595/chris-turner-announced-as-new-maitland-magpies-coach/
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2497738/graham-law-returns-to-coach-adamstown-rosebud-chris-turner-takes-over-maitland/
After you have done that please show us what part those websites, articles or any other piece written when you google 'Chris Turner Maitland' that is relevant to CT tells us that he isn't the head coach of Maitland. If you can't find anything shut the fck up until you get your facts straight mate.

Wow !!!!!

Football lover
14-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Regardless of how much power/control/etc Thomo or CT has at Maitland, every club in Newy should be jealous they don't have their own Thomo. Sponsors the club, works his gut out for them, and I'm fairly sure from my under19s-playing-days-against-him-memory that he's still under 30years old. A true gem.

Edgeworth have that. He is called warren mills

Why Blue
14-01-2015, 03:52 PM

CCB have one to.........................oops.................

I changed my user name
14-01-2015, 03:53 PM

Wow I never knew Warren was under 30 year old LOL ...

Football lover
14-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Anyone doing this scam to get around the rules and regs should be seriously questioned as to what they are doing actually running a club at this level.

The reason we have this is to have our players in this country instructed by coaches with certain standards of knowledge. Now any club putting a less qualified coach in place is not looking after the interests of their club properly.

What is even more bizarre is that this club chooses to employ this bloke despite the lack of qualifications yet others who are accredited are available.

So they employ some bloke to sit on the bench who is actually much more qualified to coach the team than the bloke doing the coaching.

That's intelligent

Wow I never knew Warren was under 30 year old LOL ...

No he ain't but the amount of work he does edgy wouldn't be the club they are. Thommo is a legend I expect big things from the magpies this season.

Does everybody think Southy will get relegated?

Premy
14-01-2015, 05:30 PM
No he ain't but the amount of work he does edgy wouldn't be the club they are. Thommo is a legend I expect big things from the magpies this season.

Does everybody think Southy will get relegated?

I think Edgy will get relegated.

gny
14-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Premy just lurking lol

Premy
14-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Premy just lurking lol
All the burly in here I thought I would get a bite for sure.

cobra23
15-01-2015, 09:03 AM

OK , OK, sorry Chris Turner you are the coach.. outside the box = CT

cobra23
15-01-2015, 03:10 PM
just heard Daniel Mcbreen is training with magic. I dont know if its just to stay fit or he is playing.

salmon
15-01-2015, 04:09 PM
just heard Daniel Mcbreen is training with magic. I dont know if its just to stay fit or he is playing.

Staying fit before heading back overseas I've heard.

Football lover
15-01-2015, 04:10 PM

Him and watto are best mates I guess that's where the link comes from if he plays anywhere In newcastle it's at edgeworth

The Magician
15-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Him and watto are best mates I guess that's where the link comes from if he plays anywhere In newcastle it's at edgeworth

If his intention was to play for Edgeworth it would make sense to train with the players he would be playing with in the future if his international deal did not progress... Does say a lot about the standard in training between the clubs and perceptions of standards though if it was otherwise.

Even though Magic seem a little front heavy at the moment McBreen at Magic does have a tasty edge to it... the derby of McBreen at Magic and Bridges at Jaffas would be very interesting indeed.

EH9
15-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Edgy have not yet started training. He would 100% play at Edgy if he decided his professional career was over.

cobra23
16-01-2015, 08:29 AM
Edgy have not yet started training. He would 100% play at Edgy if he decided his professional career was over.

i think you should rethink your percentage..
Just because he played there years ago when the likes of jabba, deano, watto , wilso etc were there,the culture and club has changed dramatically..
half of the team back then now have nothing to do with the club

Tonester
16-01-2015, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know if our section of the FFA Cup has been drawn yet?If not any idea when,if so where can we see it.Cheers.

Imyourhero
16-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Go have a look at the thread dedicated mate, includes the video of the draw.

Tonester
16-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Found it,cheers.

Football lover
16-01-2015, 02:09 PM
i think you should rethink your percentage..
Just because he played there years ago when the likes of jabba, deano, watto , wilso etc were there,the culture and club has changed dramatically..
half of the team back then now have nothing to do with the club

Has always said if he comes back and plays in newcastle it's at edgeworth.

Football lover
16-01-2015, 02:11 PM
If his intention was to play for Edgeworth it would make sense to train with the players he would be playing with in the future if his international deal did not progress... Does say a lot about the standard in training between the clubs and perceptions of standards though if it was otherwise.

Even though Magic seem a little front heavy at the moment McBreen at Magic does have a tasty edge to it... the derby of McBreen at Magic and Bridges at Jaffas would be very interesting indeed.

So jaffas gunna sign bridges? Where are they going to play everybody? Metcalfe Maja Palotz bridges?

cobra23
16-01-2015, 02:25 PM
So jaffas gunna sign bridges? Where are they going to play everybody? Metcalfe Maja Palotz bridges?

Thats the reputation of a good team , if you want to play there stay and fight for your spot, if not take the easy option and go.
a good team has good depth. there will be injurys, lack of form ,work commitments etc thruogh out the season

cobra23
16-01-2015, 03:36 PM
cobra- you keep on telling yourself that!
Reputation of a good club- yes big paying club, reduce all payments to Sthy's wages per player and see if the good reputation exists, and its happy families..
f me, they go there because Sneddo cash cows the club and players-( bridgy and sneddo are partners) and not because of any of the other bullshit you stated.

Sorry i think i just worded it wrong,
I should have said thats whats needs to happen to make a good team, and to keep a good team. I was more refering to the comment about where everyone is going to play..

cobra23
16-01-2015, 03:40 PM
For the record. I dont like the way how jaffas are run, and there reputation

I changed my user name
19-01-2015, 04:01 PM
no dramas
the issue is with some of these clubs, what happens when Sneddo, and Millsy or any other high roller leaves and or stop handing the cash out to these clubs, like they have in the past and present.
very few players are loyal players, Remo leaves jets because he gets paid more from Jaffas- work that out
Wouldnt playing for a A League team be the goal, if you are to progress further.
Tip: relegation when the money runs dry

Agree with Remington choosing Jaffas over Jets lacks ambition from the player but perhaps he had personal reasons for this decision and not just football based. As for money running out at Jaffas , the club has been set up to run without the cash of Chris only . It may seem unlikely but its true and the jaffas would still be fine should Chris move onto other stuff which itself is highly unlikely.

The Acolyte
24-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Thank God , [or any pagan idol that some may worship], that the Jaffa Bashers are back, they make the world a nicer place. How come Sneddo didn't get the blame for the sharks, must have been an oversight.

Imyourhero
24-01-2015, 02:29 PM
So can anyone confirm whether Connor Evans is training with Weston?

Newsfeed
24-01-2015, 05:56 PM
So can anyone confirm whether Connor Evans is training with Weston?

No, he is playing with Blacktown in NSW NPL

Imyourhero
24-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Will be interesting to see how he goes by watching the weekly highlights on youtube for sydney npl

Football lover
29-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Will be interesting to see how he goes by watching the weekly highlights on youtube for sydney npl

I went and seen him play 2 weeks ago started and was close to
There best player. He won't be on the bench. Agreement was he plays or he come
Back to Weston. Simple

BP Super Dynamos
09-02-2015, 08:15 PM
I've just heard a rumour of Joel Griffiths signing with Jaffas. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I changed my user name
09-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Nothing would surprise me anymore . Top quality players sprinkled all through the comp now with more coming all the time . Its tremendous for our local comp.

Could you imagine sitting at Maitland watching Thommo against Griffo in the local comp .... crazy !

The Postman
09-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Michael Bridges is very close to signing.

Tommyjet
09-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Nothing would surprise me anymore . Top quality players sprinkled all through the comp now with more coming all the time . Its tremendous for our local comp.

Could you imagine sitting at Maitland watching Thommo against Griffo in the local comp .... crazy !

I heard a rumour of griff possibly teaming up with his mate thommo at maitland, not a source I'm overly confident in tho

MFKS
10-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Michael Bridges is very close to signing.

I take it you are talking about signing for Jaffas ??

Isn't his agent tied up with Jaffas??

The Postman
10-02-2015, 10:56 AM
I take it you are talking about signing for Jaffas ??

Isn't his agent tied up with Jaffas??

Yeah the Jaffas, all the movement in could mean someone has to make way.

The Acolyte
18-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Is someone casting their net wider in the hunt for players. UFO seen over Kotara. Who in that area could afford to import players from THAT far away.

cobra23
20-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Is someone casting their net wider in the hunt for players. UFO seen over Kotara. Who in that area could afford to import players from THAT far away.

???? :what:

ForeverRed
24-03-2015, 06:50 PM
New signing for gunners, see tomorrow's herald

MFKS
24-03-2015, 09:02 PM
New signing for gunners, see tomorrow's herald

Doing it a bit of disservice FR.

I heard it was a huge signing:thumbsup:

Bremsstrahlung
24-03-2015, 10:31 PM
SOUTH Cardiff coach Greg Asquith believes Korean recruit Jung Sang-deok could be a key addition as the Gunners again look to defy the doubters in the Northern NSW National Premier League.

With a little help from the NPL player points system, the Gunners have secured the services of Jung after the Lambton Jaffas, Adamstown and Broadmeadow looked into signing the 24-year-old.

Jung is one of two Koreans who moved to the region to stay with Jets import Lee Ki-je.

Lee Soo-myung signed with Lambton, but the defending NPL major premiers could not squeeze Jung under their PPS cap. The 25-point loading for an import player also stopped Adamstown from recruiting the attacking midfielder, who then trained with Magic and the Gunners.

All four clubs rated Jung highly, but South Cardiff won the race for his signature.

Jung played the past two seasons with Changwon City in the National League, the third tier of football in Korea.

South Cardiff were keen to bolster their forward stocks after the loss of the club’s 2014 leading goal scorer, Jamie Byrnes, to Hamilton.

Asquith was hopeful Jung would fill the void.

‘‘Time will tell,’’ Asquith said. ‘‘His English is limited, so it’s a challenge, but it’s just a matter of him fitting into the club, and he’s a nice, good-hearted guy. He’s getting along well with everyone and he’s certainly looks a good player.

‘‘He will play as an attacking midfielder, but he can play anywhere in the front third.’’

The Gunners finished seventh on 21 points last season, six points from the finals and nine from the bottom, in Asquith’s first season in charge after Steve Piggott’s five-year tenure.

Season-ending injuries to Brad Waters and Nick Russell and the absence of Jarryd Johnson in the first half of the season hurt South Cardiff’s campaign. Waters has moved to Sydney for work, but all three are expected to play from round one this season.

South Cardiff have been the least active recruiters for 2015, but Asquith is confident the returning players and the addition of Jung will hold them in good stead.

‘‘With Brad injured last year, we missed that link player at times between defence and attack,’’ he said.

‘‘You do need that creative player to compete consistently with the top teams in this league, so it’s a bonus to get him. I think we are shaping up well, though, and I was certainly happy with what we had anyway.

‘‘We haven’t picked up a lot of players, but we have Brad and Nick coming back from injury, and that will help replace the loss of Jamie.

‘‘We didn’t get caught up in the rush for players because we didn’t feel we needed to.

‘‘We are always underrated, but that’s how we like it.’’

The Gunners host Maitland in round one on April 12.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2967344/gunners-boost-arsenal-with-korean-midfielder/?cs=12

Premy
27-03-2015, 07:57 AM
I've heard a rumor of the Gunners picking up a former A-League player. Anyone care to elaborate or confirm said rumor.

MFKS
27-03-2015, 08:07 AM
I've heard a rumor of the Gunners picking up a former A-League player. Anyone care to elaborate or confirm said rumor.

I heard they were picking up a former Jets coaching staff member???

Premy
27-03-2015, 08:12 AM
I heard they were picking up a former Jets coaching staff member???
Seems we have heard the same rumor, is he on the playing rosrer or just the coaching staff?

The Magician
27-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Is Denni making a comeback?

ForeverRed
27-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Coaching with a view to playing

The Postman
27-03-2015, 09:43 AM
Zane?

Premy
27-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Coaching with a view to playing

Solid pick up from Southy if he can get on the park.

ForeverRed
27-03-2015, 10:00 AM
Andrew packer

Mitchy
27-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Denis Faj to Maitland

Zico
27-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Denis Faj to Maitland
I was surprised both the Faj's didn't go there once the club won promotion.

Imyourhero
28-03-2015, 07:41 AM
Yes Denis Faj to Maitland isn't that much of a suprise, pretty well known that both brothers are good mates with alot of the guys there.

winner
28-03-2015, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=Imyourhero;116280]Yes Denis Faj to Maitland isn't that much of a suprise,

pretty well known that both brothers are
good mates with alot of the guys there.[/
QUOTE]
so what if there good mates. All this move had to do with was that a young kid was picked ahead of denis last weekend in the ffa cup. Denis got the shits,so instead of fighting for his spot he gets a call from Maitland promising a starting spot and he takes the easy option and walks out. The sooner the professional organisation known as nnsw bring back contracts so players have to honour their agreements with clubs the better. Whilst I mention the professionalism of nnsw, does anyine else have an opinion on the amateur hour of their season launch. Each club is to send along 4 representatives,President,Secretary, Captain, coach. Now with nnsw putting all the pressure on clubs to lift their game and the competition being more professional every year you woild assume that this would be a black tie event with sponsors and media invited with a sit down meal at a wests or function room at the jets. But low and behold,nnsw are holding their seasin launch under marquis tents at lambton jaffas griund on the first game of the season probably serving pies and sausage sandwiches. What a great advertisement for this pub league . No disrespect to jaffas , but bring on the ****ing rain. Does anyone remember last year when it was held at Edgeworth and it rained cats and frogs. Even the clubs put on more professional season launches with sit down meals and guest speakers like David Lowe and Michael Cain. I know employees of nnsw get on here so I would love a response. Come on ELAND and NESBITT. Yhe two of you are always putting pressure on the clubs to lift their game ,how about we start from the top

MFKS
28-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Ok now

Lets just say NNSW go put on this big spread over at Wests with fancy sit down meals and all the trimmings of a black tie event then the criticism would then surely be directed at them squandering money that could be used to fund the game reduce costs junior fees etc

Exactly why is a black tie affair needed to launch the comp anyway??

Imyourhero
28-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Because no player has ever decided to move clubs due to them not thinking they'll get enough game time at their current one.

tucker's daughter
28-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Ok now

Lets just say NNSW go put on this big spread over at Wests with fancy sit down meals and all the trimmings of a black tie event then the criticism would then surely be directed at them squandering money that could be used to fund the game reduce costs junior fees etc

Exactly why is a black tie affair needed to launch the comp anyway??
I agree with winner on this mfks. Maybe not to the extent of a "black tie" dinner but surely in this day of "national premier league" they can do something more professional than beer and skittles under tents at Arthur Edden oval don't you think?

EH9
28-03-2015, 05:47 PM
I agree with winner on this mfks. Maybe not to the extent of a "black tie" dinner but surely in this day of "national premier league" they can do something more professional than beer and skittles under tents at Arthur Edden oval don't you think?

Couldn't agree more with you, Tucker's Daughter.

Black tie is a bit much, but I seem to remember seeing on NBN news every top level sports season launch. How do you launch a season during a game involving 2 clubs, who obviously can't attend. I remember not too long ago the launch happened at a Jets home game.

hawk
28-03-2015, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=Imyourhero;116280]Yes Denis Faj to Maitland isn't that much of a suprise,

pretty well known that both brothers are
good mates with alot of the guys there.[/
QUOTE]
so what if there good mates. All this move had to do with was that a young kid was picked ahead of denis last weekend in the ffa cup. Denis got the shits,so instead of fighting for his spot he gets a call from Maitland promising a starting spot and he takes the easy option and walks out. The sooner the professional organisation known as nnsw bring back contracts so players have to honour their agreements with clubs the better. Whilst I mention the professionalism of nnsw, does anyine else have an opinion on the amateur hour of their season launch. Each club is to send along 4 representatives,President,Secretary, Captain, coach. Now with nnsw putting all the pressure on clubs to lift their game and the competition being more professional every year you woild assume that this would be a black tie event with sponsors and media invited with a sit down meal at a wests or function room at the jets. But low and behold,nnsw are holding their seasin launch under marquis tents at lambton jaffas griund on the first game of the season probably serving pies and sausage sandwiches. What a great advertisement for this pub league . No disrespect to jaffas , but bring on the ****ing rain. Does anyone remember last year when it was held at Edgeworth and it rained cats and frogs. Even the clubs put on more professional season launches with sit down meals and guest speakers like David Lowe and Michael Cain. I know employees of nnsw get on here so I would love a response. Come on ELAND and NESBITT. Yhe two of you are always putting pressure on the clubs to lift their game ,how about we start from the top

not far above pub league and spending 1000 of rego $ elsewhere makes good sense

Captain_Carl
20-11-2021, 06:55 AM
It was a good season and I am interested to hear of more player movements for the new season.