PDA

View Full Version : This weather

Superdylan
14-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Bit cold outside hey

Superdylan
14-10-2014, 11:47 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=862&d=1413290832

Flooding in Parramatta tonight

Jeterpool
15-10-2014, 05:25 AM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=862&d=1413290832

Looks like a giant pool.

Skirt Boy
15-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Snow in the Blue Mountains.

GazFish35
15-10-2014, 11:45 AM

This time last year we were evacuating from bushfires! Two years ago I think there was snow...... Next year better not be bushfires again.

Shits going crazy

Blackmac79
15-10-2014, 12:06 PM

Thats just Parramatta road... not actually parramatta.

MFKS
15-10-2014, 03:30 PM
SD I have it on good authority the weather is consistent in your pool.

Stable temp and damp all year round:lulzturtle:

joel31
15-10-2014, 04:22 PM
When your in your pool it doesn't matter whether its raining or not

Bon
15-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Yep, the one night I'm sent to Penrith for "white water kayak training" and this insane weather hits..
Fvck, it was cold..

hawk
15-10-2014, 09:58 PM
hope it flogs all summer :cool:

plague
15-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Bit cold outside hey

5 star thread.

lquiquer
15-10-2014, 10:43 PM
hope it flogs all summer :cool:

Viva puddle our marquee player

belchardo
16-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Viva puddle our marquee player

have heard he's peeved about the new pitch going in and refuses to make an appearance, no matter how wet.

Retro Jet
16-10-2014, 10:36 PM

This time last year we were evacuating from bushfires! Two years ago I think there was snow...... Next year better not be bushfires again.

Shits going crazy

Yes folks, Global Wierding is well and truely upon us...

Stokecityfc
17-10-2014, 01:57 PM

GazFish35
17-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Or something not from a movie!

http://www.nswnma.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/fire.jpg
http://media.apnarm.net.au/img/media/images/2013/10/23/katoomba_t620.jpg
There's some amazing shots of the fires last year, scary scary shit.

leftrightout
20-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Shit ay!

Superdylan
20-04-2015, 11:20 PM
Pretty bad

Remarkably kept myself warm & dry delivering pizzas tonight.

Footyhead
20-04-2015, 11:21 PM
Pretty bad

Remarkably kept myself warm & dry delivering pizzas tonight.

Hope you had a car, not a bike

Superdylan
20-04-2015, 11:24 PM
Hope you had a car, not a bike

Sure do. Toyota echo represent. Very fuel efficient too.

Jeterpool
21-04-2015, 01:20 AM
Worst storm I can remember for a while.

hawk
21-04-2015, 03:36 AM
gonna be a long day

Superdylan
21-04-2015, 06:22 AM
Glad I do not have to work today/tonight

And I thought last night was bad..

Jeterpool
21-04-2015, 07:30 AM
Driving to work there's obviously heaps of trees down and branches all over.

The sign at Hunter Stadium (the advertising one at the main entrance along Turton Rd) is gone. Blown over

belchardo
21-04-2015, 09:30 AM
Driving to work there's obviously heaps of trees down and branches all over.

The sign at Hunter Stadium (the advertising one at the main entrance along Turton Rd) is gone. Blown over

it's a metaphor for our season. they should replace it with a big sign saying "abandon hope all ye that enter"

boz-monaut
21-04-2015, 10:50 AM
rain wise it isn't significant yet - less than a 1 in 1 year event for various durations

we might get 200 mm over the next 24 hours though, which is a lot - so clear your gutters now if you can

Grimario
21-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Pics? I miss rain every now and then.

Grimario
21-04-2015, 11:02 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDE68QeUMAAsV1v.png

Yeah okay, **** that. Don't miss that.

Footyhead
21-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Pics? I miss rain every now and then.

I'm just waiting for my office window to blow in.... at Charlestown

Footyhead
21-04-2015, 03:36 PM
Hope you all stay dry and safe during this severe storm... so sad to read about the people at Dungog who died.

goaliepersempre
21-04-2015, 04:33 PM
I have a lovelly sunny day over here in switzerland, stay safe everyone....

q-money
21-04-2015, 06:35 PM
how's the tenzo? surely been whooped again, all that dirt in district park would be causing the pandemoniums

weston
21-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Has Stubbins washed away?

MFKS
21-04-2015, 07:03 PM
More importantly how about those poor ****s in Sydney dealing with this weather??

The news tonight has been all about the poor cesspit of human filth that is Sydney having to suffer through some light rain as they negate to mention much about the rest of the NNSW region being hammered by it worse than they have been??

Poor Sydney ****ers are so soft

Grimario
21-04-2015, 07:52 PM
More importantly how about those poor ****s in Sydney dealing with this weather??

The news tonight has been all about the poor cesspit of human filth that is Sydney having to suffer through some light rain as they negate to mention much about the rest of the NNSW region being hammered by it worse than they have been??

Poor Sydney ****ers are so soft

The lead coverage here in Adelaide was some bogan housos being assaulted, a fire in a city restaurant, some horses being killed and dumped in a state conservation area followed by ****loads of rain in Hunter including the footage of the floating house and news of the 3 deaths.

Sydney didn't even get mentioned.

plague
21-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Woke up this morning on the beach at Gold Coast. Lovely high 20's.
Best thread.

militiamon
22-04-2015, 12:48 AM
For some reason I always picture plague as nf.net's Tony Montana.

Grimario
22-04-2015, 07:11 AM
All you ****s okay?

My mum in Stockton lost a third of her roof :(

Jeterpool
22-04-2015, 07:40 AM
All you ****s okay?

My mum in Stockton lost a third of her roof :(

That sucks mate :( because it's just not a third of the roof it's the rest of the house it'll damage too.

Comparatively we're ok to most. A leak in the roof, leaking windows but my biggest concern was the brick veneer copped a hammering and seeped through into the garage which has all our furniture because we're in the middle of renovations. I also think it entered around the new windows installed as part of the bathroom re-do. It's just the lack of power. Been out for ~30 hours and I'm hoping we're on the John Hunter grid!

Jetmaster
22-04-2015, 08:05 AM
Quite a pleasant night in the end with candles, a good old tranny radio, curry and wine. No power, no interwebz and no mobile phones. A little flooding but no biggie.

Actually, love how all the "my smartphone does everything" fanbois fall to pieces with no recharge capability and no radio. Heard of people spending the evening in their cars to get charge rather than spend it with their families !

Grimario
22-04-2015, 08:18 AM
That sucks mate :( because it's just not a third of the roof it's the rest of the house it'll damage too.

Yeah, that's the issue at the moment. Fortunately the main leakage into the house happens to be in the bathroom... so the bulk of the water is just going down the plughole. The wiring in the roof is ****ed though... she still had power last night when I talked to her but the leak had fried the circuit the lights were on so while she could cook in the microwave and watch TV, she had to use a torch to get around the place.

The tin shed out the back was ripped in half too, apparently. Lots of water damage to stuff that was kept in storage out there, probably completely trashed.

Jeterpool
22-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Quite a pleasant night in the end with candles, a good old tranny radio, curry and wine. No power, no interwebz and no mobile phones. A little flooding but no biggie.

Actually, love how all the "my smartphone does everything" fanbois fall to pieces with no recharge capability and no radio. Heard of people spending the evening in their cars to get charge rather than spend it with their families !

Sounds nice mate! We'd be ok if we had a kitchen or a lounge to sit on at the moment. The gas cook top which is about to get delivered would have worked a treat. Feel for my Mrs who has our 11 month old confined to a blank rectangular room for 2 weeks. Hopefully she can work out how to get the car from the garage and can get a cuppa tea at the folks or in-laws.

plague
22-04-2015, 03:05 PM
For some reason I always picture plague as nf.net's Tony Montana.

Oh man.
Without bragging tho but there's been some occasions.

Anyway back in Newy now. Jesus there's some trees upside down. I know one former manager at NCC who is all like "HOWS THEM FIG TREES NOW HIPPIES!!!!!"

No power at Plague central, and nowt work on.

Probs as good a time as ever to teach Plague Jnr how to loot without gettin caught.

sammydog
22-04-2015, 05:06 PM
We fared pretty well out of this one. A lot less flooding downstairs than during the 2007 storm. Somehow, despite multiple trees in in the surrounding streets taking out powerlines we managed to not get a blackout.

But why, the day after we get a new dog, does our fence need to be put into orbit.

MFKS
22-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Oh man.
Without bragging tho but there's been some occasions.

Anyway back in Newy now. Jesus there's some trees upside down. I know one former manager at NCC who is all like "HOWS THEM FIG TREES NOW HIPPIES!!!!!"

No power at Plague central, and nowt work on.

Probs as good a time as ever to teach Plague Jnr how to loot without gettin caught.

When I seen that tree come down the first thing I thought is they were right about those figs.

Go cit the rest of them down and upset the usual brain dead dropkicks

Would at least keep SOR from the limelight for a while and that's a big positive

plague
23-04-2015, 12:12 PM
When I seen that tree come down the first thing I thought is they were right about those figs.

Had dinner last night with a bloke from NCC who was in the middle of all the fig tree decision making.

There was a bit of chuckling about this subject.

pv4
24-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Is claiming food lost in fridges/freezers from this power outage a thing? Has anyone been through it? Details if so?

Grimario
24-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Is claiming food lost in fridges/freezers from this power outage a thing? Has anyone been through it? Details if so?

I reckon things like this they will have a get out of it clause, kind of like Telstra does with paying fees for phone outages during disasters.

I've done it in the past though... big storm when I lived at Stockton, lightning hit the power pole out the front and I was without electricity for 3 days. Itemised everything that was in my fridge/freezer, sent a claim and was reimbursed.

q-money
24-04-2015, 10:25 AM
act of god mayne

Jeterpool
24-04-2015, 10:31 AM

You trying to claim for the zooper doopers mate?

I lost two paddlepops. We were fortunate that our fridge was run down with the kitchen renos. But the lack of power has brought progress to a standstill.

There is natural disaster assistance offered by the government but there is heaps of eligibility criteria associated with it.

Who were you thinking of claiming against?

Grimario
24-04-2015, 10:32 AM
:rof:

pv4
24-04-2015, 10:39 AM
You trying to claim for the zooper doopers mate?

I lost two paddlepops. We were fortunate that our fridge was run down with the kitchen renos. But the lack of power has brought progress to a standstill.

There is natural disaster assistance offered by the government but there is heaps of eligibility criteria associated with it.

Who were you thinking of claiming against?

I have no idea who to claim against, I was kind of after assistance/info on it.

Whether it is claim against my insurance, against Ausgrid, against whoever.

And was kind of after info on how much is worth claiming, and if I need to prove it, etc. As in can someone just say "I lost $500 worth of food" and get $500? Or does someone come and check? And what about foodstuff that has been thrown out already, if we do have to prove it?

With the stuff in my fridge, plus freezer etc, I reckon it'll cost me around $200-300 to replace what I had there. I just have no idea if that is worth claiming, and if insurance excess comes into play, or what.

I assumed someone on here would have sussed that out already, and would know.

Jeterpool
24-04-2015, 10:53 AM
I have no idea who to claim against, I was kind of after assistance/info on it.

Whether it is claim against my insurance, against Ausgrid, against whoever.

And was kind of after info on how much is worth claiming, and if I need to prove it, etc. As in can someone just say "I lost $500 worth of food" and get $500? Or does someone come and check? And what about foodstuff that has been thrown out already, if we do have to prove it?

With the stuff in my fridge, plus freezer etc, I reckon it'll cost me around $200-300 to replace what I had there. I just have no idea if that is worth claiming, and if insurance excess comes into play, or what.

I assumed someone on here would have sussed that out already, and would know.

I think you'd go under your home contents policy and you'd have to look at the wording that's contained within relating to food damage.

For example, your policy might say that food spoilage as a result of damage to your house from the storm is covered, however it might not cover the food if power is lost as a result of damage to the network.

You'd have to present evidence, so photos of what food has gone off.

And as with any claim, there is the excess. Is paying the excess on your policy worthwhile covering the food? If you've got other damage to claim as well, perhaps it'll be worth it.

Best bet is to call your insurer and ask about it because each policy is different.

Jeterpool
24-04-2015, 11:04 AM
I just got word that power to Kotara might get restored Sunday, however it may push to Wednesday.

MFKS
24-04-2015, 11:29 AM
I just got word that power to Kotara might get restored Sunday, however it may push to Wednesday.
Can advise no issues at all in Kotara SOUTH

q-money
24-04-2015, 11:44 AM

hawk
24-04-2015, 01:37 PM
4 days with no power was a test for all.

Civic park as usual had heaps of trees down but now ready for Anzac day.

But bad news is... the lone pine tree (transplanted from Melbourne and before that Gallipoli) in the eastern memorial took a big hit and is now gone :(

militiamon
25-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Just got da powah back less than an hour ago.

Disgrace it was not restored to my well-known suburb earlier.

militiamon
25-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Upside - didn't have to worry about the Jets losing again.

lquiquer
25-04-2015, 08:23 PM
I'm over it now!!!... Still no power since Monday night!!!!!..... Camping was fun but not anymore!!!!!.....

lquiquer
25-04-2015, 08:24 PM
Upside - didn't have to worry about the Jets losing again.
U should worry... Muppet still in charge!!

Bon
26-04-2015, 01:45 PM
I work as an hydrographer, we were all preparing to get out chasing the flood water last week, however we copped it in East Maito and we lost 4 work vehicles and had a metre of water go through our office.. Irony, come on in..

Word is that there is another (however smaller), east coast low on the way for this week.. There is a kiwi bloke who predicts the weather off of sunspots, he called the '07 floods, and these..

hawk
26-04-2015, 05:59 PM
I work as an hydrographer, we were all preparing to get out chasing the flood water last week, however we copped it in East Maito and we lost 4 work vehicles and had a metre of water go through our office.. Irony, come on in..

Word is that there is another (however smaller), east coast low on the way for this week.. There is a kiwi bloke who predicts the weather off of sunspots, he called the '07 floods, and these..

now this is a couple times of times this has happened. lol

pv4
26-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Still no power :'(

Buddha
26-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Pv4 if your area has been declared a natural disaster zone, your excess will be waived and you will get reimbursed (don't hold me to that because insurance companies will weasel their way out of everything)

pv4
26-04-2015, 09:21 PM
My neighbour is with the same insurance company (NRMA) and he said they went in and were told they could claim $500 and not effect premium or excess.

I was thinking of waiting a few days to a week to see if anything gets broadcasted, but if not I'll head in and hopefully get some money somehow.

MFKS
26-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Still no power :'(

Bet your loving the decision to be living on the Gypo Coast now:rof:

snake
26-04-2015, 11:11 PM

pv4
27-04-2015, 07:05 AM

You know how much that hurts me :'(

snake
27-04-2015, 08:12 AM

what kind of model does he use? have they been published? has he predicted anything in the space between june '07 and now?

pv4
27-04-2015, 08:14 AM
what kind of model does he use? have they been published? has he predicted anything in the space between june '07 and now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG_LL9m7cl4

snake
27-04-2015, 08:17 AM
i'm guessing it's something similar to that. no-one paying attention to all the misses, sandwiched between two resounding hits

pv4
27-04-2015, 08:21 AM
i'm guessing it's something similar to that. no-one paying attention to all the misses, sandwiched between two resounding hits

I've heard so many similar stories to what Bon has posted since 07. I remember my mum battened down the hatches in July 2012 because she heard on the radio some dude predicted the June 07 weather, and had predicted July 2012 to have something worse. And IIRC nothing eventuated.

For me, it's just like all those twitter accounts made to predict World Cup groups, and if you make enough of them you're bound to get one right, at which time you delete the rest. And then it's all a FIFA conspiracy innit.

plague
27-04-2015, 08:28 AM
My neighbour is with the same insurance company (NRMA) and he said they went in and were told they could claim $500 and not effect premium or excess.

I was thinking of waiting a few days to a week to see if anything gets broadcasted, but if not I'll head in and hopefully get some money somehow.

Me too.
For some reason Mrs Plague decided to store all of our Picasso's and Monèts on the fridge.

Damn things are now ruined.

boz-monaut
27-04-2015, 08:39 AM
Bon, I'd be interested in hearing about this blokes modelling and predictions as well

obviously what i do deals in longer timeframes and uses statistical techniques to make synthetic storms but i find these real time predictions ascinatingf

pv4
27-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Me too.
For some reason Mrs Plague decided to store all of our Picasso's and Monèts on the fridge.

Damn things are now ruined.

I assume they're just going to give everyone $500, because the neighbour also told me that NRMA wouldn't need pictures/evidence of what was spoiled.

Is it true that the government or insurance places gave everyone $1000 back in 07 storms? I can't remember, but am being told it happened.

plague
27-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Is it true that the government or insurance places gave everyone $1000 back in 07 storms? I can't remember, but am being told it happened.

Yeah it was.
Howard govt gave it out willy nilly apparently.
It's means tested and scrutinised a bit more now so people in real trouble get
a helping hand.

You ain't getting that cash for your soiled pecan pie homie.

pv4
27-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Yeah it was.
Howard govt gave it out willy nilly apparently.
It's means tested and scrutinised a bit more now so people in real trouble get
a helping hand.

You ain't getting that cash for your soiled pecan pie homie.

M8 if they got a taste of the zuchinni slice that got spoilt in my fridge, they'd be giving me squillions of dollars to make up for the emotional damage this storm has caused.

sammydog
27-04-2015, 02:09 PM

I think the forecast for the smaller low later in the week is that it will be further up the coast than the last one.

MFKS
27-04-2015, 03:37 PM
WLG Keep us updated on the insurance government rorting your doing

Wouldn't mind getting some money out of the pricks myself to fund my holiday to Thailand.

Can just see myself now knocking back a beer at a Bangkok BJ Bar getting my flute played and thinking how good it is having Tony Abbot paying for it

lquiquer
27-04-2015, 07:32 PM
WLG Keep us updated on the insurance government rorting your doing

Wouldn't mind getting some money out of the pricks myself to fund my holiday to Thailand.

Can just see myself now knocking back a beer at a Bangkok BJ Bar getting my flute played and thinking how good it is having Tony Abbot paying for it

If you are with NRMA ring them now, you have lost $400 / $500 worse of food in your freezer / fridge, answer their questions........and $500 will be deposited in your account within 72 hours....:beer:

The Dunster
27-04-2015, 09:30 PM

I would not be surprised if Paul the Octopus faked his own death and has shifted his focus from Football results to predicting the weather.

pv4
28-04-2015, 07:02 AM
If you are with NRMA ring them now, you have lost $400 / $500 worse of food in your freezer / fridge, answer their questions........and $500 will be deposited in your account within 72 hours....:beer:

Does this effect your premium/whatever for later though?

pv4
28-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Is anyone still without power?

I got it back yesterday afternoon - 6.5 days since I lost it.

lquiquer
28-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Does this effect your premium/whatever for later though?

No it does not....

MFKS
28-04-2015, 09:35 AM

People that live in Newy didn't have to wait that long :thumbsup:

Love how Energy Australia are taking it out on Gypos

lquiquer
28-04-2015, 09:59 AM

Should have make u wait till we get the Sheep answers ....

parksey
28-04-2015, 10:02 AM
I would not be surprised if Paul the Octopus faked his own death and has shifted his focus from Football results to predicting the weather.

outstanding

MFKS
28-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Should have make u wait till we get the Sheep answers ....

:rof: Imagine poor WLG putting together the Sheep Quiz Answers FINALLY just to get his power back on.

Energy Australia should have made it happen

MFKS
28-04-2015, 10:25 AM
DESPITE recent storms bringing down thousands of trees causing millions of dollars worth of damage, Newcastle Greens councillor Therese Doyle has called for stricter rules on cutting them down and accused the council of chainsawing more than it needed to.

She said the post-storm danger posed by trees was being ‘‘significantly overstated’’ and was ‘‘like the shark theory’’.

‘‘There’s more chance of being killed by a shark or a car than a falling tree,’’ she said.

‘‘I have great sympathy for those who were killed during the storms last week, but it should be remembered they were killed by floodwater, not by trees.’’

The comments came as she defended moves by the Greens to strengthen levels of community consultation over the council’s tree policies.

She said ‘‘people’’ had complained about the council chopping down nine London plane trees in Newcastle’s King Street two weeks ago, and there needed to be a better process of consultation.

It also follows the removal of up to five trees from Laman Street at the weekend.

In a notice of motion set to be tabled at Tuesday night’s council meeting, Cr Doyle and Greens counterpart Michael Osborne call for a briefing on the council’s current tree policy, call for a new committee to be established to determine what trees should stay or go, and for a moratorium on the removal of ‘‘significant trees’’ except those which pose a ‘‘significantly imminent and otherwise avoidable danger’’.

Cr Doyle said the council’s consultation with the public and councillors on the removal of the King Street plane trees was poor. But the Newcastle Herald has seen a string of emails that were sent to all councillors in the two months prior to the work being done.

It was also included in the council’s operational plan, which was approved by councillors.

It was announced in four media releases also sent to councillors, was the subject of paid advertisements in the media, and the subject of face to face meetings between council, business and property owners in King Street.

Asked who else should have been consulted, Cr Doyle said ‘‘all of the LGA’’.

‘‘Putting notices up is not proper consultation, and since the Laman Street figs fiasco, people feel disenfranchised by the process,’’ Cr Doyle said.

‘‘It’s not just people in King Street affected by the trees. The trees are in the city centre which belongs to everyone, and they add a sense of place and grandeur to the city.’’

Cr Doyle also accused the council of using the storm damage as an excuse to take out more trees than was needed.

‘‘Some obviously had to be removed after the storm, but there were many that were borderline and I question whether we needed to lose as many as we have.’’

Her comments angered some of her opposition councillors.

‘‘Therese Doyle has shown an absolute lack of empathy and decency and a lot of stupidity,’’ councillor Brad Luke said.

‘‘People have had homes badly damaged and their lives have been put at risk.

‘‘If the Greens plan goes ahead, will Therese Doyle offer to personally indemnify anyone who suffers loss or damage or injury?’’

Lord Mayor Nuatali Nelmes distanced herself and the council from the comments.

‘‘They are the views of Therese Doyle and not something I’d personally agree with,’’ she said. ‘‘But this council has been managing the risk to life posed from falling trees for a week so far and we will continue to manage public safety as our priority

Lefty Nutters

belchardo
11-02-2017, 05:05 AM
Seems timely to revive this thread...

Jetmaster
11-02-2017, 09:55 AM
Seems timely to revive this thread...

Hot innit?

The Dunster
11-02-2017, 10:45 AM
It was 44c outside here yesterday but a comfortable 25c inside.
I cannot remember a summer this hot in NSW. Our power usage is 75% higher than it was the same time last year.
My respects to any of the communists on the foz that don't have air-conditioning.

Jeterpool
11-02-2017, 11:09 AM
Almost hot enough to postpone football matches

plague
11-02-2017, 11:29 AM
Surprisingly the beach wasn't all that busy at 8am this morning.

Was I the only bloke not invited to SD's pool party?

The Dunster
11-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Surprisingly the beach wasn't all that busy at 8am this morning.

Was I the only bloke not invited to SD's pool party?

http://www.thecoreofattraction.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/hot-girls-bikin-party-pool.jpg

Hawks Entourage at SD's pool party 11th February 2017.

hawk
11-02-2017, 12:40 PM
Thats quality and all confirmed in. ill throw in a keg with that.

belchardo
11-02-2017, 03:01 PM
about to tick over to 40 down here

The Dunster
11-02-2017, 03:41 PM
It's 45.6c at Oakhampton.

GazFish35
11-02-2017, 04:14 PM
150.5 in Wingham.

belchardo
11-02-2017, 04:44 PM
We moved from Fahrenheit quite a few years ago gaz, or are you working in kelvins?

GazFish35
11-02-2017, 11:04 PM
Oops.

baldrick
12-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Pretty warm up at a Day on the Green yesty.

Or as it's now known, a Day on the Grill.

belchardo
12-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Got a jumper on this evening!

sammydog
12-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Pretty warm up at a Day on the Green yesty.

Or as it's now known, a Day on the Grill.

Guns and Roses wasn't exactly comfortable temperature wise yesterday either.

weston
27-03-2017, 07:13 AM
So im gonna get hit with a cyclone in roughly 24 hours.

Rumour has it, it's gonna blow harder than the Jets.

Jetmaster
27-03-2017, 09:11 AM
So im gonna get hit with a cyclone in roughly 24 hours.

Rumour has it, it's gonna blow harder than the Jets.

Much FTA media up there? Remember when Yasi was coming all the "hero" journos going up there from 7/9/10 networks, setting up cameras, putting on raincoats and broadcasting the "approaching horror".

Remember watching a stable camera training on Airlie Beach main street at night for 60 mins straight, showing nothing but blowing trees and some lights whilst some twat rattled on about the danger they were in.

weston
27-03-2017, 09:18 AM
Much FTA media up there? Remember when Yasi was coming all the "hero" journos going up there from 7/9/10 networks, setting up cameras, putting on raincoats and broadcasting the "approaching horror".

Remember watching a stable camera training on Airlie Beach main street at night for 60 mins straight, showing nothing but blowing trees and some lights whilst some twat rattled on about the danger they were in.

I would assume so. Can't exactly confirm though as I rarely watch FTA.

If the journos had any sense they'd stay away.

Jetmaster
27-03-2017, 06:06 PM
You will be pleased to know NBN just anounced live coverage from 5.00am in the morning on the Today Show.....ffs!

belchardo
02-12-2017, 09:52 AM
bit wet down here today. 40mm since about 6pm last night.

how's it looking for tonights game?

The Dunster
02-12-2017, 09:56 AM
bit wet down here today. 40mm since about 6pm last night.

how's it looking for tonights game?

Warm but a bit of cloud building so could turn to shit late afternoon.

The Dunster
02-12-2017, 01:17 PM
It's now raining at Maitland - so I'm guessing the same for Newcastle

Grimario
09-12-2017, 07:22 AM
How about that thunderstorm at 4:30 this morning? I reckon that's the closest I have ever been to a lightning strike... the noise was deafening and I was definitely woken up prematurely.

Jeterpool
09-12-2017, 08:31 AM
Felt like it was over the top of the house.
Kids didn't wake up. Don't know how. Can't remember one like that in ages

MFKS
09-12-2017, 08:35 AM
Kids didn't wake up. Don't know how. Can't remember one like that in ages

Thought it was in my house

Sure felt ****ing close

Pain in the arse when you get an alarm call like that and you up at 5 am anyway

Jeterpool
09-12-2017, 09:01 AM
Kids didn't wake up. Don't know how because you can't get up any other morning without them waking up. Can't remember one like that in ages

plague
09-12-2017, 01:40 PM
funnily enough after dismissing all the drama a few months back about that MELBOURNE DEATH ASTHMA STORM, Plague Jnr had a huge asthma attack at 4.30 this morning as the storm waged its fury.

Jeterpool
10-12-2017, 06:17 AM
funnily enough after dismissing all the drama a few months back about that MELBOURNE DEATH ASTHMA STORM, Plague Jnr had a huge asthma attack at 4.30 this morning as the storm waged its fury.

Hope he's ok, mate. Scary stuff

plague
10-12-2017, 06:41 AM
Hope he's ok, mate. Scary stuff

yeah cheers.
hes fine.
bulletproof like his dad.

hawk
13-12-2017, 09:25 PM
fk the sun

The Dunster
20-12-2017, 04:55 PM
43c at Maitland today and still 41.4c at 4pm. Storm building - looking forward to the cool change.

Grimario
20-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Cool change just hit at Cameron Park. Dropped nearly 10 degrees in 15 minutes.

belchardo
20-12-2017, 05:30 PM
28, cloudy and breezy down here today. :gent:

Heading up on Friday, not looking forward to Xmas eve!

MFKS
20-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Was great this morning when I woke up at 5am and found it was 26C already

Reminded me so much of Thailand I was more interested in going for a beer at 5 in the morning than working

Was perfect drinking weather

Jeterpool
20-12-2017, 10:05 PM
I was in muswellbrook where it was 44 and got back to work in Mayfield and it was 43. Crazy

plague
20-12-2017, 10:12 PM
temp was 21 all day at work then it got to 22 but then i turned it back down to 21.

crisis averted.

hawk
21-12-2017, 09:49 PM
temp was 21 all day at work then it got to 22 but then i turned it back down to 21.

crisis averted.

close call...

can we have today everyday

Grimario
18-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Bit hot today

hawk
18-03-2018, 10:24 PM
fk the sun

Satans rsole

Grimario
19-03-2018, 07:51 PM
Also this coming weather if forecast is accurate. Will be underwater come Thursday.

hawk
19-03-2018, 08:46 PM
Also this coming weather if forecast is accurate. Will be underwater come Thursday.

ummm Satans dick

baldrick
21-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Not so warm today.

sammydog
21-03-2018, 07:53 PM
Not so warm today.

the humidity is messing with me.

Retro Jet
22-03-2018, 09:47 AM

Cookers will play...

goodatthis123
23-03-2018, 04:15 AM
today in my area -5 :(

belchardo
01-06-2018, 06:31 AM
happy winter!

Negative Police
09-01-2019, 01:02 PM
Kill the sun

Jeterpool
11-11-2019, 02:09 PM
For those with kids, there's a number of public and Catholic schools closed in anticipation of tomorrow's fire threat. Be worthwhile having a look.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6485457/hunter-schools-to-close-on-tuesday-in-face-of-bushfire-risk/?cs=12

https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/school-safety

plague
11-11-2019, 03:08 PM
For those with kids, there's a number of public and Catholic schools closed in anticipation of tomorrow's fire threat. Be worthwhile having a look.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6485457/hunter-schools-to-close-on-tuesday-in-face-of-bushfire-risk/?cs=12

https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/school-safety

So God goes and starts these fires, then rigs the game to give his own flock some extra days off.

No wonder he's got so many followers. Dude looks after his crew.

Jetmaster
12-11-2019, 07:29 PM
How's the social mania....for millions of years Australia has been subject to high temperatures and savage bushfires.
What is happening now has happened before.
Lucky some of these greenies weren't around at the end of the Ice Age.

boz-monaut
12-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Jetmaster, do you have any education in sciences or in particular earth or climatic sciences?

seems to me that anyone who spouts off nonsense like you just did isn't particularly educated but gets their information from sources like News Limited papers

there is a clear and obvious trend of temperature rise, this is both long term, with evidence in paleoclimatology and short term in recorded temperatures. This is predicted by our understanding of climate and by our modelling - what's your argument against this?

there is a clear and obvious trend of reduced rainfall - we have always had droughts, the change is that they're now more frequent. This is also predicted by our understanding of climate and by our modelling - what's your argument against this?

there is a clear and obvious trend of increased carbon in the atmosphere which we can tell from analysis of isotopes of carbon is the result of burning of fossil fuels. This has many impacts, primarily warming but also cooling of the upper atmosphere as less heat escapes, we have evidence of this and again, this is also predicted by our understanding of climate and by our modelling - what's your argument against this?

the changes is the atmosphere, the fact that it all aligns with our predictions of what is happening to the planet - this isn't some greenie bullshit or idiots trying to make a point

let's be absolutely clear here - what's happening now has not happened before and you are an utter fool to say this

plague
12-11-2019, 08:19 PM
pffffft, i watched the NFL the other day and it was snowing in the Packers v Panthers game.
https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/t46XByHgGTuFQtIPfSzNIQ--/YXBwaWQ9YXBlY21lZGlhO3NtPTE7dz04MDA-/https://media-mbst-pub-ue1.s3.amazonaws.com/creatr-images/2019-11/343c55f0-0422-11ea-8bfe-6d86d52ac20b

wheres your global warming now eh?

MFKS
12-11-2019, 08:25 PM
Jetmaster, do you have any education in sciences or in particular earth or climatic sciences?

seems to me that anyone who spouts off nonsense like you just did isn't particularly educated but gets their information from sources like News Limited papers

there is a clear and obvious trend of temperature rise, this is both long term, with evidence in paleoclimatology and short term in recorded temperatures. This is predicted by our understanding of climate and by our modelling - what's your argument against this?

there is a clear and obvious trend of reduced rainfall - we have always had droughts, the change is that they're now more frequent. This is also predicted by our understanding of climate and by our modelling - what's your argument against this?

there is a clear and obvious trend of increased carbon in the atmosphere which we can tell from analysis of isotopes of carbon is the result of burning of fossil fuels. This has many impacts, primarily warming but also cooling of the upper atmosphere as less heat escapes, we have evidence of this and again, this is also predicted by our understanding of climate and by our modelling - what's your argument against this?

the changes is the atmosphere, the fact that it all aligns with our predictions of what is happening to the planet - this isn't some greenie bullshit or idiots trying to make a point

let's be absolutely clear here - what's happening now has not happened before and you are an utter fool to say this

Hasn't the average global temperature been dropping in the last few years??

So how is this climate change thing deemed legit when all it is is a scam to fleece money from people

MFKS
12-11-2019, 08:31 PM
How's the social mania....for millions of years Australia has been subject to high temperatures and savage bushfires.
What is happening now has happened before.
Lucky some of these greenies weren't around at the end of the Ice Age.

Maybe if the greenies were told to **** off we would burn the Bush back like we should be doing and not have this problem every summer

Ridiculous that in other parts of the world they can have wild fires yet no one loses their house because they are smart enough to clear the area around their homes

But here in Red Tape land we just wait for shit to burn down

boz-monaut
12-11-2019, 08:32 PM
no it hasn't - it's been rising

it's not a scam, the only scam is people believe this misinformation and lies spread by the fossil fuel industry

boz-monaut
12-11-2019, 08:33 PM
and no, there are no "greenie" restrictions on controlled burns of the bush to prevent fires

the exact opposite in fact

where is this evidence of "red tape" and the nonsense you spout?

plague
12-11-2019, 08:58 PM
My thoughts on climate change:

Mankind is changing the climate. All science, evidence and common sense points to this. To dispute this is dumb.

The loudest voices on both sides of the argument are killing any sensible solutions. For every "bhah it snowed in Perisher in November" there is a "the world will end in 12 years". Both of these kinds of people need to be gently pushed underwater and only let back up when they stop either talking or breathing, whichever comes first.

Closing coal fired power stations in Australia doesnt fix anything. it helps certain people feel good at night but if the goal is to fix the environment then we need a solution a whole lot bigger and better than Paris to actually fix it. For the fart sniffers to just ignore China and India's contribution in all this is absurd.

We need a better reply than 'you coal miners can get a new job in the new green economy'. you go actually try telling that to a bloke in an industry who is scared for his future and welfare that "she'll be right mate" aint gonna cut it. these people are human beings.

For politicians, public servants and teachers to be lecturing people on "oh you'll get another job" is just a larf. these are the same useless tits that go out the gate when the pies are cold. i wont be lectured by these assholes.

we showed by sensible, direct action on the ozone layer that we can reverse man made effects on the environment. same goes for simple things like pumping shit out into the ocean. a solution is there, but i dont trust politicians, actors or media types to have it.

unless the Greens/hippies come to the party re:nuclear then what progress can really be made? both sides need to make sacrifices on their dogma. May the wisdom of Griff be bestowed on the person that wants to fight that fight.

GRIFF!!!!!

pv4
13-11-2019, 07:01 AM
Ridiculous that in other parts of the world they can have wild fires yet no one loses their house because they are smart enough to clear the area around their homes

Home owners are allowed to clear the area around their homes in Australia.

https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/plan-and-prepare/1050-vegetation-clearing

Jetmaster
13-11-2019, 07:31 AM

Sorry for having an opinion but you have reinforced another theory for me.... I'll get me coat.

Frodo
13-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Maybe if the greenies were told to **** off we would burn the Bush back like we should be doing and not have this problem every summer

Boss of RFS said that policy had zero effects on the amount of back burning these last few years. Conditions have been too dry and dangerous to safely back burn.
The reason why conditions have gotten so bad is fairly simple to understand for most.

Frodo
13-11-2019, 09:05 AM
My thoughts on climate change:

Mankind is changing the climate. All science, evidence and common sense points to this. To dispute this is dumb.

The loudest voices on both sides of the argument are killing any sensible solutions. For every "bhah it snowed in Perisher in November" there is a "the world will end in 12 years". Both of these kinds of people need to be gently pushed underwater and only let back up when they stop either talking or breathing, whichever comes first.

Closing coal fired power stations in Australia doesnt fix anything. it helps certain people feel good at night but if the goal is to fix the environment then we need a solution a whole lot bigger and better than Paris to actually fix it. For the fart sniffers to just ignore China and India's contribution in all this is absurd.

We need a better reply than 'you coal miners can get a new job in the new green economy'. you go actually try telling that to a bloke in an industry who is scared for his future and welfare that "she'll be right mate" aint gonna cut it. these people are human beings.

For politicians, public servants and teachers to be lecturing people on "oh you'll get another job" is just a larf. these are the same useless tits that go out the gate when the pies are cold. i wont be lectured by these assholes.

we showed by sensible, direct action on the ozone layer that we can reverse man made effects on the environment. same goes for simple things like pumping shit out into the ocean. a solution is there, but i dont trust politicians, actors or media types to have it.

unless the Greens/hippies come to the party re:nuclear then what progress can really be made? both sides need to make sacrifices on their dogma. May the wisdom of Griff be bestowed on the person that wants to fight that fight.

GRIFF!!!!!

Coal industry spent long enough ensuring people are so terrified of nuclear power to make it near impossible to switch now. If we'd started building them a decade ago we'd be ahead of the curve and a leader in the world, but now it's gonna take another 10 years before people treat is as a logical option then a further 10 years to build them.... SMH.

plague
13-11-2019, 09:23 AM
Coal industry spent long enough ensuring people are so terrified of nuclear power to make it near impossible to switch now. If we'd started building them a decade ago we'd be ahead of the curve and a leader in the world, but now it's gonna take another 10 years before people treat is as a logical option then a further 10 years to build them.... SMH.

oh but there is a legit reason to be wary of Nuclear.
The coal industry wasnt the ones showing us Chernobyl and Fukushima.

I mean, even the Greens dont want nuclear, but dont want to accept 'the science' on wind/water/solar not being enough for base load.
the Greens (good intentions and all) are just a big a roadblock to climate change as any party in this country.

boz-monaut
13-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Sorry for having an opinion but you have reinforced another theory for me.... I'll get me coat.
if you're going to spew forth utter garbage expect to be challenged on it

it's like Couscous on here saying Griff wasn't that great after all - it's completely wrong and should be challenged

Frodo
13-11-2019, 10:43 AM
oh but there is a legit reason to be wary of Nuclear.
The coal industry wasnt the ones showing us Chernobyl and Fukushima.

I mean, even the Greens dont want nuclear, but dont want to accept 'the science' on wind/water/solar not being enough for base load.
the Greens (good intentions and all) are just a big a roadblock to climate change as any party in this country.

I'm no expert. But those style of reactor's are a thing of the past. They no longer use water to cool the core, they use molten salts (??) or gas to cool them. They also use lots of smaller reactor cores rather than one large core.

Modern reactors are larger scale (or a multitude of smaller) submarine style reactors. They have been making those since the 50s I think.

plague
13-11-2019, 10:53 AM
I'm no expert. But those style of reactor's are a thing of the past. They no longer use water to cool the core, they use molten salts (??) or gas to cool them. They also use lots of smaller reactor cores rather than one large core.

Modern reactors are larger scale (or a multitude of smaller) submarine style reactors. They have been making those since the 50s I think.

in very much the same way modern coal fired power stations are way different to the ones of ye olden days.

yet, again, the same people are saying we cant have any of these either.

as for the ridiculous notion that they are too expensive to build, just remember that a new low emission, high efficiency power station will cost somewhere between 2 and 3 billion dollars. compare that to the est figure of between 35-60 billion dollars the govt found to build some new submarines.

i know which sort of project a lot of people would rather the govt spend their money on.

plague
13-11-2019, 10:56 AM
and just to be clear thats not a #wellactually aimed at you Frodo.
none of us really know the state of Nuclear because no one in this country is allowed to discuss it.
its either the cause for more scaremongering, or the people on the other side are too ****ing cowardly to discuss it for fear of upsetting the balance of power in the parliament.

Frodo
13-11-2019, 11:06 AM
and just to be clear thats not a #wellactually aimed at you Frodo.
none of us really know the state of Nuclear because no one in this country is allowed to discuss it.
its either the cause for more scaremongering, or the people on the other side are too ****ing cowardly to discuss it for fear of upsetting the balance of power in the parliament.

Hey, I said I wasn't an expert from the start. My job needs coal fired power plants more than anyone else in NSW. But there's plenty of other good options out there that we could use a mix of and drop our carbon output at that end. Plus power would be cheaper which would make an electric car easier to sell which would help on the other end as well.

Can't understand the logic of the people who think we can either only have coal or only have solar/wind power. I also can't understand the logic of people who think our country couldn't survive without coal as our only power source.

plague
13-11-2019, 11:14 AM
Plus power would be cheaper which would make an electric car easier to sell which would help on the other end as well.

this is also a good point. but when you have literally no discussion on how bad for the environment it is to make electric cars, then again, its window dressing.
also the lack of investment in hydrogen fueled cars is baffling. from everything ive read, they seem to be the real difference maker as far as production and emissions are concerned.

then we have politicians on good money living on the North shore of sydney lecturing everyone on the environment driving gas guzzling 4wds and exclaiming that they both cant afford an electric car and that their kids are too big to sit in one. (yes thats a real thing). again, the idiots in charge here are the real problem with environmental policy.

that South Park episode about the Smug alert has never been more #onbrand

plague
13-11-2019, 11:17 AM
I also can't understand the logic of people who think our country couldn't survive without coal as our only power source.

oh it think they get it, but they also think that why should they pay more and lose jobs when the coal they cant use just gets sent to china and india and the CO2 ends up in the atmosphere anyway.

that logic isnt all that silly.

Frodo
13-11-2019, 11:25 AM
oh it think they get it, but they also think that why should they pay more and lose jobs when the coal they cant use just gets sent to china and india and the CO2 ends up in the atmosphere anyway.

that logic isnt all that silly.

Yeah, I understand that. Why should we do it if China, India etc aren't going to change and do more damage than us anyway But that's on us for not being willing to pay extra to have something made in a more ethical country. Capitalism baby!

plague
13-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I understand that. Why should we do it if China, India etc aren't going to change and do more damage than us anyway But that's on us for not being willing to pay extra to have something made in a more ethical country. Capitalism baby!

Agreed.
We can't even get people to give up their sneakers for a more ethical existence.

So their jobs, and cold beers? Yeah good luck with all that.

Skirt Boy
13-11-2019, 09:48 PM
Superdylan still got the pool?

plague
13-11-2019, 10:20 PM
i do get a giggle that when a bloke like Kerry Stokes comments on climate change the response is always "IM SORRY DOES HE HAVE A SCIENCE DEGREE OR IS HE JUST A MEDIA MOGUL??????"

Then when Bob Brown (a medical doctor) says something about the environment its like "DRAG EM BOB YOU DA MAN **** ALL DEM HATERZ".

MFKS
13-11-2019, 11:35 PM
Home owners are allowed to clear the area around their homes in Australia.

https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/plan-and-prepare/1050-vegetation-clearing

10metres and 50 metres

Yeah that great

You realise how fast fire moves and how it pays attention to these bureaucrats dumb ideas??

Here is one for you

How come rice farming peasents in SE Asia can burn the countryside to the ground in the peak of 45C summer days there and not have no fire brigade on standby and they don't burn their houses down

Says something about us Skips that we fail so bad

boz-monaut
14-11-2019, 09:40 AM
you're asking why a rice paddy doesn't burn out of control when the Australian bush, which has been managed with fire for so long it has numerous adaptations to regular burns, does?

MFKS
14-11-2019, 10:45 AM
you're asking why a rice paddy doesn't burn out of control when the Australian bush, which has been managed with fire for so long it has numerous adaptations to regular burns, does?

What makes you think the entire country is rice paddies??

Go to certain parts of it and it more of less bushland and scrub very much the same as you would find here

furns
15-11-2019, 02:53 PM
Boss of RFS said that policy had zero effects on the amount of back burning these last few years. Conditions have been too dry and dangerous to safely back burn.
The reason why conditions have gotten so bad is fairly simple to understand for most.
Not to mention the LNP has been busy cutting millions from the National Parks and Wildlife Service. Interesting reading after Barnaby, Barilaro and McCormack both decided this week that it's all the greenies fault.

The Public Service Association has also attacked the NSW government for what it said was a “35% cut to fire-trained positions” in national parks.Its acting general secretary, Troy Wright, said on Tuesday: “It is the Nationals who hold the purse string. Rather than funding the NPWS properly so that they can undertake strategic reductions they have crippled them with massive budget cuts and devastating restructures.”
The NSW environment minister, Matt Kean, told Guardian Australia that NPWS had 1,665 full time equivalent staff, a rise of 144 since 2017. Since 2011, Kean said the NSW government had increased the number of NPWS firefighters from 1,050 to 1,226.
Some 400 NPWS staff were out fighting fires. He says: “They are risking their lives to keep the community safe. Many are fighting fires that are not on park, but to protect people and property.”
He says NPWS undertakes 75% of all hazard reduction in the state, adding that last season, NPWS undertook 137,500 hectares of prescribed burns, which was above its target of 135,000 hectares.https://psa.asn.au/factcheck-is-there-really-a-green-conspiracy-to-stop-bushfire-hazard-reduction-the-guardian-12-11-19/

And now coming out that the govt are deliberately misleading when it comes to the numbers they're quoting.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/conservation/misleading-government-accused-of-hiding-cut-in-fire-fighting-talent-20191114-p53aou.html
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/nsw-deputy-premier-john-barilaros-hazard-reduction-swipe-worse-than-an-insult/news-story/546160173b4418e19b5caaf44ef73ac1

But hey, lets blame the Greens, who don't hold govt or set policy and legislation.

plague
15-11-2019, 03:51 PM
more money doesnt equate to better outcomes.
it never has it never will.

its a collective failure of policy, administration, environmental factors, and the bastards and idiots that light the damn things.

politicians of all persuasions have a hand in this. i dont trust any of them to do the right thing about any of it though.

traffic light
15-11-2019, 04:04 PM
Commies blaming politicians for the weather, classy.

And how do you further legislate for unforeseen circumstances? Innercity lunatics are also in the suburbs

plague
15-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Police allege 16-year-old lit Queensland blaze that razed 14 homes, after body found in bushland near Kempsey on the NSW mid-north coast

so considering hes not old enough to vote who do we associate him with?

Prob Trump right? this is def Trumps fault.

Police say the 16-year-old boy has not been charged with arson, but will be dealt with under the state’s Youth Justice Act.

oh good, surely justice will prevail......

furns
16-11-2019, 04:33 PM
Commies blaming politicians for the weather, classy.

And how do you further legislate for unforeseen circumstances? Innercity lunatics are also in the suburbsHope you arent directing this at me.
Politicians arent to blame for the weather, but they are directly to blame for cutting millions from the budget of the department in charge of bushfire hazard reduction and the front line staff (ie rangers with fire experience) who carry it out.

plague
17-11-2019, 12:23 PM
Politicians arent to blame for the weather, but they are directly to blame for cutting millions from the budget of the department in charge of bushfire hazard reduction and the front line staff (ie rangers with fire experience) who carry it out.

So how much money did this decision cost?

A 'ludicrous' new rule requiring volunteer firefighters to receive a work-with-children check could see thousands of them banned from battling blazes.

Queensland volunteers will be required to lodge a Blue Card application before December 1. or they will not be able to continue helping battle fires.

This new rule could see 15,000 volunteers banned from fighting fires from January 1 if they failed to apply for work-with-children checks.

Deadly fires have been burning throughout Queensland and New South Wales for more than a week resulting in four deaths.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services Deputy Commissioner, John Bolger, recently broke the news to volunteers.

'Any QFES volunteer who is required to have a Blue Card, but refuses to apply for one, or is unable to hold a current Blue Card, will not be able to continue their role,' Mr Bolger said.

'As a member of the Rural Fire Service, you are likely to come into contact with children while performing your role, so are required to have a Blue Card. It is the law.'

Volunteers from NSW or Victoria do not need similar credentials.

lets hope the fire in QLD jumps over the border so those potential pedo fireys from NSW can put it out.

StannyCFCJET
17-11-2019, 12:57 PM
So how much money did this decision cost?

lets hope the fire in QLD jumps over the border so those potential pedo fireys from NSW can put it out.

WWCC are easy to get. Anyone that refuses to get one has something to hide

plague
17-11-2019, 01:07 PM

good job missing the point there.

Mr Furns was laying some blame for these fres at the feet of LNP budget cuts.
yet here we have regulations standing in the way of people helping fight fires that didnt cost a cent to introduce.

plague
17-11-2019, 01:08 PM
Anyone that refuses to get one has something to hide

also, this comment is Member levels of both stupidity and trolling.
good job.

Frodo
17-11-2019, 05:06 PM
good job missing the point there.

Mr Furns was laying some blame for these fres at the feet of LNP budget cuts.
yet here we have regulations standing in the way of people helping fight fires that didnt cost a cent to introduce.

I'm confused with your point here plague. Getting a WWCC takes all of 5 mins so anyone who falls foul of that policy is either too dumb to submit a simple form or has probably done something that they need to hide.
Are you saying that the government wanting this simple check done is a bad thing? Or have I missed some other point?

plague
17-11-2019, 06:31 PM
I'm confused with your point here plague. Getting a WWCC takes all of 5 mins so anyone who falls foul of that policy is either too dumb to submit a simple form or has probably done something that they need to hide.
Are you saying that the government wanting this simple check done is a bad thing? Or have I missed some other point?

yes you've missed something.

id love all people in that sphere to have the necessary checks. But Mr Furns singled out govt financial cutbacks in one section of the problem as the issue.
all im saying is that you dont need to bring it back to money to find the real root of the problem. its the politicians, and their interest groups, of all persuasions, on all sides that just make life about 400,000* times harder than it should be.

*random estimated number, but you get the drift.

furns
17-11-2019, 06:59 PM
yes you've missed something.

id love all people in that sphere to have the necessary checks. But Mr Furns singled out govt financial cutbacks in one section of the problem as the issue.
all im saying is that you dont need to bring it back to money to find the real root of the problem. its the politicians, and their interest groups, of all persuasions, on all sides that just make life about 400,000* times harder than it should be.

*random estimated number, but you get the drift.You've pointed it out though Plague, I said "one part of the problem"
I didnt discount your point as another part of the overall issue. I did say that the money cuts and the restructure were a major part of the problem, but not that there weren't other contributing factors as well.

plague
17-11-2019, 07:37 PM
You've pointed it out though Plague, I said "one part of the problem"
I didnt discount your point as another part of the overall issue. I did say that the money cuts and the restructure were a major part of the problem, but not that there weren't other contributing factors as well.

totally agree, and this is why we are still best friends.

plague
17-11-2019, 07:45 PM
whoa whoa whoa.

sorry everyone, but we have found the real cause of the bushfires. I take back everything ive said, and suggest you all do too.

Thanks again to Izzy Folau for pointing out the obvious..........

'They've legalised same-sex marriage... Going against the laws that God says,' he said in footage posted to The Truth of Jesus Christ Church's Facebook page.
'Abortion – it's OK now to murder and kill infants, unborn children - and they deem that to be OK.

'Look how rapid these bushfires, these droughts, all these things they've come in a short period of time – you think it's a coincidence?'

Folau told worshippers 'God was speaking' to Australia and said: 'You need to repent.'

i sooooooohope this is taken in context, but even if its not, **** him and his bullshit.

Bon
18-11-2019, 08:17 AM
whoa whoa whoa.

sorry everyone, but we have found the real cause of the bushfires. I take back everything ive said, and suggest you all do too.

Thanks again to Izzy Folau for pointing out the obvious..........

i sooooooohope this is taken in context, but even if its not, **** him and his bullshit.

Arrrrrgh.. You beat me to it..

boz-monaut
18-11-2019, 01:43 PM
so is he saying we should sacrifice more babies to the fire gods?

Skirt Boy
18-11-2019, 09:02 PM

As a postgraduate law student I say that anyone who throws out the "Something to Hide" on matters of privacy do not deserve an opinion on the matter.

Do the people being illegally strip searched have something to hide?

Frodo
18-11-2019, 09:05 PM
https://theconversation.com/a-surprising-answer-to-a-hot-question-controlled-burns-often-fail-to-slow-a-bushfire-127022

A little bit of info regarding back burning and what affect it could have had on these fires.

Skirt Boy
18-11-2019, 09:12 PM
https://theconversation.com/a-surprising-answer-to-a-hot-question-controlled-burns-often-fail-to-slow-a-bushfire-127022

A little bit of info regarding back burning and what affect it could have had on these fires.

Did the LNP get this memo ?

plague
18-11-2019, 09:49 PM

After the initial hysteria this seems to have been the consensus opinion.
The point about future 'backburning' (im using the colloquial phrase) being impacted by climate change should not be ignored. Again though, nothing Australia does emissions wise will impact that. Hence why the climate change zealots need be a little more open minded too about the larger issue.

Also stumbled across this article on the same site
https://theconversation.com/humans-light-85-of-bushfires-and-we-do-virtually-nothing-to-stop-it-126941

as discussed earlier, 85% of these fires are lit by humans, and heres the kicker:

A staggeringly low apprehension and conviction rate for offenders - less than 1% - is a further barrier to public awareness of the problem. Conviction rarely leads to a substantial punishment.

so back to the pollies, lets see which parties/interest groups actually want to either punish the bastards lighting these or educate the little turds who think its a good idea.

plague
18-11-2019, 10:01 PM
As a postgraduate law student I say that anyone who throws out the "Something to Hide" on matters of privacy do not deserve an opinion on the matter.

check yer textbooks mate, am sure its 'guilty until proven innocent' yeah?

StannyCFCJET
18-11-2019, 10:03 PM

Do the people being illegally strip searched have something to hide?

I was a little over the top but the point stand, They are easy to get so I dont understand the hesitancy

Skirt Boy
18-11-2019, 11:39 PM
I was a little over the top but the point stand, They are easy to get so I don't understand the hesitancy

It's privacy 101. At some point a line needs to be drawn and we say. Privacy is exactly that. Private.

There was an absurd suggestion by Duttons office the other day about using facial recognition of people before they access pornography.

The mentioned strip searches

Meta Data

They want to make it a crime for not telling a law enforcement officer your password for you phone. Even if you are not under arrest.

It's time we just told the government to **** off and people are innocent until proven guilty.

But nothing to hide nothing to fear...............yeah righto. Tell that the teenagers being told to squat and cough naked in a tent in front of a stranger. Now you may quite correctly say that this has nothing to do with the WWCC. But it does. It's that slippery slope. First it was to protect the children, then it was terrorism, now it's back to children......................

Skirt Boy
18-11-2019, 11:43 PM
check yer textbooks mate, am sure its 'guilty until proven innocent' yeah?

Depends on who the accused is. If it's a rich white boy from Merewether. Nah wasn't him. He wouldn't hurt a fly. Such a nice kid. Does good at school......................

If it's a druggy from Windale.............BURN THE C***T! :D

plague
19-11-2019, 07:09 AM
It's privacy 101. At some point a line needs to be drawn and we say. Privacy is exactly that. Private.

yeah this is a good area for a chat. on one hand we all want to be left alone, and on the other we have an event like 9/11 and everyone screams "HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW??????".

We all want to feel safe, but we only want the govt to look at the bad guys.
finding that line is impossible, but in our litigious society where everything that happens is someone elses 'fault'. I cant blame organisations for wanting to try and make the place safer.

as for the porn thing you brought up, yes its a stupid idea, but govts have to be allowed to have these ideas, both good and stupid.
we cant have pople in charge of our society who are too scared to even offer suggestions up on making things safer. im ok with someone saying, 'hey what about this'? no matter how absurd it is. as long as it then goes through the correct channels and then gets decided on by either the public, of the people in charge then good. if its then deemed not right then we move on to the next idea.
people pushed back on RBT, gun laws and voting ages. the process is there to get the fairest result for everyone. shutting down ideas at the 1st phase is not a way to progress a society.

belchardo
19-11-2019, 09:03 AM
From this...

Bit cold outside hey

To this...

yeah this is a good area for a chat. on one hand we all want to be left alone, and on the other we have an event like 9/11 and everyone screams "HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW??????".

We all want to feel safe, but we only want the govt to look at the bad guys.
finding that line is impossible, but in our litigious society where everything that happens is someone elses 'fault'. I cant blame organisations for wanting to try and make the place safer.

as for the porn thing you brought up, yes its a stupid idea, but govts have to be allowed to have these ideas, both good and stupid.
we cant have pople in charge of our society who are too scared to even offer suggestions up on making things safer. im ok with someone saying, 'hey what about this'? no matter how absurd it is. as long as it then goes through the correct channels and then gets decided on by either the public, of the people in charge then good. if its then deemed not right then we move on to the next idea.
people pushed back on RBT, gun laws and voting ages. the process is there to get the fairest result for everyone. shutting down ideas at the 1st phase is not a way to progress a society.

😂

Skirt Boy
19-11-2019, 09:18 AM
From this...

To this...

��

When the foz kicked off we were younger and not a care in the world. Now we are grumpy pissed off middle aged dudes.

plague
19-11-2019, 09:35 AM
When the foz kicked off we were younger and not a care in the world. Now we are grumpy pissed off middle aged dudes.

Or in Dunsters case, literally born in the middle ages.

I'll get me coat.

Grimario
19-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Or in Dunsters case, literally born in the middle ages.

I'll get me coat.

A coat... in this weather?

pv4
19-11-2019, 12:31 PM
Honestly surprised volunteer firefighters didn't have to get WWCC completed already tbh.

The Dunster
21-11-2019, 01:18 PM
Lots of smoke around Maitland today - but nothing on "Fires Near me" App to explain where it's coming from.

Grimario
21-11-2019, 01:42 PM
The smoke from the fires has reached South America, so I don't think they really need to be nearby to get to Maitland.

boz-monaut
21-11-2019, 03:58 PM
I drove down to Sydney this morning - it was bad from Ourimbah all the way south, apparently from fires west of The Central Coast, the one place in the state we all agree should die in a fire

pv4
26-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Epic shot of lightning hitting Bar Beach.

Am hoping this link gives justice to the creator, he/she deserves all the credit.

https://www.facebook.com/daviddiehmphotography/posts/2232355633724156

https://i.imgur.com/wemZK6t.jpg

boz-monaut
26-11-2019, 02:35 PM
someone go to Bar Beach and see if it melted the sand into glass

plague
26-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Am hoping this link gives justice to the creator

this guy?

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3ornk7nts29Am5LIfm/200.webp?cid=790b7611889c45787199c6f3bbc4334a9b4f8 889bc682b50&rid=200.webp

Couscous
31-12-2019, 08:46 AM
This is fuçking depressing.

MFKS
31-12-2019, 07:12 PM
This is fuçking depressing.

It ****ing great

We are 1/3 of the way through summer and with no rain I have only had to mow the lawn once

Praise to the Climate Change God's

Eastwest
01-01-2023, 08:37 PM
Too hot already and climate change hasnt even cut in for this summer yet.

Jeterpool
26-05-2023, 12:34 PM
What a hail storm!

Superdylan
02-10-2023, 03:12 PM
Very Melbourne like atm without the rain.