PDA

View Full Version : Famous football quotes

GazFish35
29-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Stumbled across this on twitter from Sir bobby Robson....

"What is a club in any case?

Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.

It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."

What are peoples favourites?

I've always liked George best's ...... "I spent my money on birds booze and fast cars, the rest is just wasted"

lquiquer
29-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Brian Clough: “I wouldn’t say I was the best manager in the business…but I was in the top one.”

pistolpete
29-10-2014, 11:32 PM
"I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country."

Ian Rush

lquiquer
29-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Gary Lineker: "Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."

lquiquer
29-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Johan Cruijff: "Football is simple but the hardest thing to do is playing simple football."

GazFish35
30-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah.

Mark bosnich.

MFKS
30-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Our goal is to make the semis this year

Middleby

lquiquer
30-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Our goal is to make the semis this year

Middleby :lol:

Premy
30-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Ian Holloway
Take your pick.
http://www.footballfancast.com/football-blogs/ian-holloway-comedy-genius-his-top-20-quotes-of-all-time/2

George Best
"If you'd given me the choice of going out and beating four men and smashing a goal in from thirty yards against Liverpool or going to bed with Miss World, it would have been a difficult choice. Luckily, I had both

MFKS
30-10-2014, 08:27 PM
To offer him a contract seven games into a season, ethically it is not the right thing to do,"

"It's disrespectful and completely out of order.

"To approach another coach who is under contract at an A-League club, it is not right to do that.

"That is not how I would want to run a club."

Middleby 27/11/2012 costing us anther 15 months with GVE

baldrick
30-10-2014, 09:07 PM
" I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.

The rest I just squandered."

George Best

Premy
30-10-2014, 09:45 PM
" I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.

The rest I just squandered."

George Best
Ahhh Georgie

"I used to go missing a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World."

"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life."

furns
30-10-2014, 09:47 PM
He will be back in 6-8 weeks

MFKS
31-10-2014, 09:21 AM
My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan.
ERIC CANTONA

Reporter: Do you have any regrets about what you did at Crystal Palace’s Selhurst Park?
Cantona: Yes, I regret not kicking him harder.

ERIC CANTONA

Bon
31-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Gordon Strachan has some brilliant ones..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gordon-strachan-quotes-20-pearls-1535315

Skirt Boy
31-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Bill Nicholson

It’s magnificent to be in Europe, and this club – a club like Tottenham Hotspur – if we’re not in Europe… We’re nothing. We’re nothing.

Intelligence doesn’t make you a good footballer. Oxford and Cambridge would have the best sides if that were true. It’s a football brain that matters and that doesn’t usually go with an academic brain. In fact I prefer it when it doesn’t. I prefer players not to be too good or clever at other things. It means they concentrate on football.

The public can’t be kidded, they know what they want to see, what is good and what is bad and what is just average. At least I believe they do. (See this GVE ya muppet)

About Bill

"Bill eventually became Mr Tottenham Hotspur, and produced such a dazzling team at White Hart Lane that they won the double and played the game in a way that was an object lesson to everybody."
- Brian Clough

"I have always had the deepest respect for Bill Nicholson as a person and as a manager. The Spurs boss is an honest Yorkshireman and you will go a long way before finding a straighter character than that. Bill has never wavered in his determination to give White Hart Lane fans the best." - Bill Shankly

baldrick
31-10-2014, 04:54 PM
My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan.
ERIC CANTONA

Reporter: Do you have any regrets about what you did at Crystal Palace’s Selhurst Park?
Cantona: Yes, I regret not kicking him harder.

ERIC CANTONA

My favourite Eric quote is:

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

boz-monaut
31-10-2014, 06:17 PM
you can actually buy a little book of Sir Alex Ferguson quotes for $9.60

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4593923&CTAref=Saved+Items+Page

shame he's such a massive ****

Premy
31-10-2014, 07:11 PM
you can actually buy a little book of Sir Alex Ferguson quotes for $9.60

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4593923&CTAref=Saved+Items+Page

shame he's such a massive ****
Unless it says
"I'm a massive cock"
Alex Ferguson

Then it's a waste of $9.60

GazFish35
31-10-2014, 08:29 PM
I can comment on the incident. I did not see it.

Arsene Wenger 1998- circa2004

scouser
26-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Bill Shankly - "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i’d shut the curtains."

Jetmaster
26-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Brian Clough addressing his new Leeds squad..

""Well, I might as well tell you now. You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Don Revie. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest ****ing dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating!""

Forty-four days.....

MFKS
26-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Moving Forward -Whilst 1 for 16
Moving Forward -Whilst 1 for 17
Moving Forward -Whilst 1 for 18

Stubbins

hawk
26-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah.

Mark bosnich.

I still like this. that bloody laugh

lquiquer
12-04-2017, 07:01 PM
"I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."......Arrigo Sacchi when questioned his qualifications (He never played professional football)...:roflz: