PDA

View Full Version : WSW v Al Hilal

Julz
01-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Does anyone know if there is a link to be able to watch this game online tomorrow morning?

GazFish35
01-11-2014, 09:01 PM
" Aleague free livestream" on Facebook usually post links

There'll be plenty online, just where and if they're any good will be the worry.

Julz
01-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Thank you

GazFish35
01-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Good chance if they win that ch7 will play a full match replay on loop from 8am.

They have after all been great supporters of the game since federation.

plague
01-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Sunrise is being filmed in downtown Saudi Arabia all next week.

furns
01-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Kochy has been Red & Black forever.
Like Dicko.

GazFish35
01-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Kochy has been Red & Black forever.
Like Dicko.

Dicko is one of the travelling 14.

Wonder if victory make it next year he'll follow them too.

plague
02-11-2014, 12:08 AM
They have after all been great supporters of the game since federation.

Little known fact:
Chris Bath has a tattoo of Brendan Santalabs face on her left breast.

furns
02-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Dicko is one of the travelling 14.

Wonder if victory make it next year he'll follow them too.

Started off as a die hard SFC fan in season 1, then die hard MV until Wanderers two seasons ago.
More clubs than Robbie Keane that bloke

joel31
02-11-2014, 06:30 AM
congrats to them

Jeterpool
02-11-2014, 06:32 AM
Happy for Labi, Covic and Topor.

joel31
02-11-2014, 06:49 AM
Covic wins player of the tournament

joel31
02-11-2014, 06:51 AM
and gets himself $20,000

joel31
02-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Happy for Labi, Covic and Topor.
and labi and topor lift the trophy together

hawk
02-11-2014, 12:06 PM
:blush: Not on board. Not jets so they cgtfo.

The wankerers will be shoving this up everyones ass for yrs. hope wonderers sympathisers enjoy it.

furns
02-11-2014, 12:12 PM
The self-flagellation & media reach arounds that will now occur will be painful for months to come

MFKS
02-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Great refereeing.

How many blatant penalties did he turn down???

Finishing from Al Hilal piss poor

One of the best efforts you will ever see of an undeserving side jagging a result.

Out of curiosity when do the karma gods turn on these blokes and they start getting justice with some negative results??

The Dunster
02-11-2014, 02:56 PM
The self-flagellation & media reach arounds that will now occur will be painful for months to come

Quote of the year.

De-Champ
03-11-2014, 08:52 AM
I don't see why you all are so negative. It is good for Australian football (soccer) that the wsw won. Even if it was lucky, controversial etc. So what they get media attention, etc it can only be good for football. Yesterday I was watching the wide world of football, Ken Sutcliffe went to Riyad to watch the game. He said it was the best event he has ever been to,. This coming from a guy who has been to olympics, state of origins, RL grandfinals etc. About time the media starting giving football some media exposure instead of some tidbits on the news every now and then.

GazFish35
03-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Media had No issue with flares in parramatta city centre either.

Yet.

MFKS
03-11-2014, 11:25 AM
I don't see why you all are so negative. It is good for Australian football (soccer) that the wsw won. Even if it was lucky, controversial etc. So what they get media attention, etc it can only be good for football. Yesterday I was watching the wide world of football, Ken Sutcliffe went to Riyad to watch the game. He said it was the best event he has ever been to,. This coming from a guy who has been to olympics, state of origins, RL grandfinals etc. About time the media starting giving football some media exposure instead of some tidbits on the news every now and then.

Publicity wise and for the profile of the HAL and the Wankerers yes it is.

Is it really good for the code though??

Parking the bus and playing grubby football to win a trophy that was won due to the ineptness of the opponents finishing, the appearance the ref has been paid off despite having players who appear to not have basic skills like the ability to have shots at goal cause they can't string enough passes together to me is a sad indictment on our game.

We should be winning these titles when we have a team who actually is the best team in Asia not just being the arseiest **** on the planet. I look forward to the consequences in future ACL's when every Aussie team tries to replicate WSW approach and we get no where.

To me the best effort so far in the ACL is actually Roar's in their first attempt as they at least tried to play football and although they were unsuccessful at it at least stood toe to toe with their opponent and had a full on crack.

Unlike every other team who has had success like Adelaide and WSW who have actually parked the bus played grubby defensive counter attacking football cause their skill sets are actually shit

Premy
03-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Righto Foster, you realize football is about winning not how good you looked when you played. One team need to put a little ball in a net more times than the other team, how they do that is irrelevant providing they do it within the rules of the game.

P.S WSW can get farked bunch of houso Grubs.

MFKS
03-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Righto Foster, you realize football is about winning not how good you looked when you played. One team need to put a little ball in a net more times than the other team, how they do that is irrelevant providing they do it within the rules of the game.

P.S WSW can get farked bunch of houso Grubs.
I agree it is about getting the result not necessarily how you achieve it.

These blokes though couldn't even show they were a competent side with the ball at home and were owned from the first minute the game started and could not get a shot in the first 60 mins.

Not exactly convincing that they are a great side rather than what they are a side who is resilient parks the bus and gets arsey

Premy
03-11-2014, 12:51 PM
I agree it is about getting the result not necessarily how you achieve it.

These blokes though couldn't even show they were a competent side with the ball at home and were owned from the first minute the game started and could not get a shot in the first 60 mins.

Not exactly convincing that they are a great side rather than what they are a side who is resilient parks the bus and gets arsey
We're they lucky- Yes
Did they park the bus- Yes
Do Al-Hilal, FC Seoul & Guangzhou Evergrande have more skill individuals- Yes
Was it always their plan to absorb pressure and counter sides- Yes
Is this good for Australian Football- Yes
Are they a close 2nd to Gypos for being the biggest bunch of drungos- Yes

Do the better team always win- No
Are they undeserving AFC Champions- No

la bazzle
03-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Lolololololol that's the most stupid shit I've ever read. If the jets sit back defend, rely on shit finishing, we jam a goal and win every game I'd be ****ing stoked. We're just a little jealous, footballs a results business. All people will remember is they won the Asian champions league.

De-Champ
03-11-2014, 01:23 PM

Parking the bus and playing grubby football to win a trophy that was won due to the ineptness of the opponents finishing, the appearance the ref has been paid off despite having players who appear to not have basic skills like the ability to have shots at goal cause they can't string enough passes together to me is a sad indictment on our game.

We should be winning these titles when we have a team who actually is the best team in Asia not just being the arseiest **** on the planet. I look forward to the consequences in future ACL's when every Aussie team tries to replicate WSW approach and we get no where.

To me the best effort so far in the ACL is actually Roar's in their first attempt as they at least tried to play football and although they were unsuccessful at it at least stood toe to toe with their opponent and had a full on crack.

Unlike every other team who has had success like Adelaide and WSW who have actually parked the bus played grubby defensive counter attacking football cause their skill sets are actually shit

Who cares. Al HAlil or whatever their name is were the better side in both legs. No body is arguing that. I believe it is good for Australian Football, and hope that the media bang on about them for as long as possible. I also hope that either WSW or another HAL side win it again next year so the media exposure just keeps on going on.

GazFish35
03-11-2014, 02:06 PM
mainstream media wopuldnt know if they were playing attacking football or parking the bus.
FFS some are still satying they won the "grand final"

All im seeing on the news is a pissed off idiot in blue spitting on spira, Covic making a ****ing unbelievable save, an aussie team lifting a trophy and shit going mental in Parramatta.
How they did it is the last thing the likes of 9,7 and ten could care about. Its a bandwagon and theyre jumping on, giving football much needed free exposure on free to air tv.

I do find it interesting though that football media are all lining up to pat popovic on the back for his tactics after dragging Holger and Pim through the mud for esentially the same dour football.

full credit to WSW. the smug bastrads are still below us uin the league for the time being.

good for the game?
it could mean aisan money comes in and buys us..... or invest in other clubs.... or
we could see big money thrown at our best players and they all leave to get paid in oil soaked million dollar bills while we are left watching the likes of Liam Reddy stop shots from David Williams.

belchardo
03-11-2014, 02:53 PM
mainstream media wopuldnt know if they were playing attacking football or parking the bus.

All im seeing on the news is a pissed off idiot in blue spitting on spira, Covic making a ****ing unbelievable save, an aussie team lifting a trophy and shit going mental in Parramatta.
How they did it is the last thing the likes of 9,7 and ten could care about. Its a bandwagon and theyre jumping on, giving football much needed free exposure on free to air tv

and tomorrow morning's breakfast TV will be showing footage of huge crowds waiting at Sydney airport for them to land, screaming as they walk out with the trophy, people being carried about on people's shoulders, somebody crying about how great this is and several people doing the Poznan with no shirts on.

can't stand the turds, but respect what they have achieved since inception and in this comp. would give both my nuts to have a team/club half as good as theirs.

god we're a bunch of negative, miserable, mopey bastards sometimes.

pv4
03-11-2014, 02:55 PM

How they did it is the last thing the likes of 9,7 and ten could care about. Its a bandwagon and theyre jumping on, giving football much needed free exposure on free to air tv.

Well said

pv4
03-11-2014, 02:57 PM
This is the biggest achievement by any HAL club, along with Brisbane's 36 games, IMO.

Get as much media exposure to the fact that an Australian club is the King of Asia, and gain football in this country even more popularity.

Premy
03-11-2014, 03:01 PM
All I'm concerned about is that none of these mainstream media outlets have given them a catchy nickname like Roarcellona, I'll kick it off for them

Congratulations Chelderers.

q-money
03-11-2014, 03:03 PM
how does this make football in australia more popular?

nobody cares lololol

asian football is a joke and this proves it imo

pv4
03-11-2014, 03:18 PM

I can't even

De-Champ
03-11-2014, 03:46 PM

nobody cares lololol

asian football is a joke and this proves it imo

It may not make football more popular, but I am glad that football is getting all this media attention.

joel31
03-11-2014, 04:06 PM

who cares if they parked the bus and played on the counter. Football is about getting the results and that's what they did

MFKS
03-11-2014, 08:04 PM
I do find it interesting though that football media are all lining up to pat popovic on the back for his tactics after dragging Holger and Pim through the mud for esentially the same dour football.

Bang on the money

Where is the criticism from the football media of their actual play???

Lets just call a spade a spade their win is akin to Stevan Bradbury winning cause every **** fell over.

Lets all rejoice we won a trophy when our NT is ranked 11th in the confederation as shit as these Asians are cause we arsed a win. That's not papering over the cracks facing the game in this country?? Reality is it will be another 20-50 years before we win it again cause we at present do not have sides who are in the elite couple in Asia at all

When we win the ACL cause we do have some of the finest club sides in Asia then it is an achievement to saviour as we will have improved our football in this country significantly.

plague
03-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Where is the criticism from the football media of their actual play??? Cause Poppa won and Pim/Holger lost innit

Lets all rejoice we won a trophy
we arsed a win.

Oh dear God, so there it is.
So now you are a Wanderers fan Member.
First pv4 admitting his Gypo fandom and now you.

geez, no wonder our crowds are down, blokes jumping ship left right and centre.

Shame.

GazFish35
04-11-2014, 12:28 AM
I'd jump ship too.
But only to one of vj's paddle steamers.

De-Champ
04-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Bang on the money

Where is the criticism from the football media of their actual play???

Lets just call a spade a spade their win is akin to Stevan Bradbury winning cause every **** fell over.

Lets all rejoice we won a trophy when our NT is ranked 11th in the confederation as shit as these Asians are cause we arsed a win. That's not papering over the cracks facing the game in this country?? Reality is it will be another 20-50 years before we win it again cause we at present do not have sides who are in the elite couple in Asia at all

When we win the ACL cause we do have some of the finest club sides in Asia then it is an achievement to saviour as we will have improved our football in this country significantly.

What has that got to do with media attention?
Go back a few years and the only coverage football would have got is the spitting incident at the end of this game. Not only has that incident got bugger all coverage, but no media hack has jumped on it and said how terrible football is etc etc... Heck there is the NRL four nations on at the moment but you would not know it.

hawk
04-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Go back a few years and the only coverage football would have got is the spitting incident at the end of this game. Not only has that incident got bugger all coverage, but no media hack has jumped on it and said how terrible football is etc etc... Heck there is the NRL four nations on at the moment but you would not know it.

Now this is amazing. I get more satisfaction from this than nearly anything in sport.

Dechamp knows old soccer days.

MFKS
04-11-2014, 05:19 PM

I think the bit where I agreed with Mr Fish's post about the media in this country refusing to criticise Popovic for his style of play the same style that Foster and other pundits lambast every other day of the week

plague
04-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Ken Sutcliffe went to Riyad to watch the game. He said it was the best event he has ever been to
To be fair, Kenny was at the World Cup 2006. Met him at the Italy match. Nice fella.
(Literally) bumped into James Packer on the footpath after that same game. Closet fans the lot of them.