PDA

View Full Version : Early predictions for PS4 NPL 2015

I changed my user name
05-11-2014, 09:54 AM
So what are everyone's early predictions for the NPL next year , seems to have all gone a bit quite . Have the Newcastle Jets put everyone to sleep.

Will the Jets Yoof win it again or will Jaffas follow up there GF with a shot at the title. Will the wounded animals Magic come back bigger and stronger or will someone else come from the pack like Weston did last year and who is heading to the graveyard newfm.

Zico
05-11-2014, 03:48 PM
So what are everyone's early predictions for the NPL next year , seems to have all gone a bit quite . Have the Newcastle Jets put everyone to sleep.

Will the Jets Yoof win it again or will Jaffas follow up there GF with a shot at the title. Will the wounded animals Magic come back bigger and stronger or will someone else come from the pack like Weston did last year and who is heading to the graveyard newfm.
Magic will be strong next season, Weston will be up there again as will Edgy and Jaffas.
Maitland will surprise plenty with a decent looking atack but their defence will be the difference of them being competitors or also rans.
Jaffas will be mid table along with Adamstown and Olympic.
Azzuri will come last but no relegation as the fed will either send the Jets to the NSWPL and promote 1 or leave the Jets and promote 2 sides having a 12 team comp.
NEWFM will then promote the needed clubs to form a 10 team NEWFM.
Thats the whispers I'm hearing anyway.

pv4
05-11-2014, 03:53 PM
I predict Maitland will at least make the finals.

Thomas477
05-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Magic will be strong next season, Weston will be up there again as will Edgy and Jaffas.
Maitland will surprise plenty with a decent looking atack but their defence will be the difference of them being competitors or also rans.
Jaffas will be mid table along with Adamstown and Olympic.
Azzuri will come last but no relegation as the fed will either send the Jets to the NSWPL and promote 1 or leave the Jets and promote 2 sides having a 12 team comp.
NEWFM will then promote the needed clubs to form a 10 team NEWFM.
Thats the whispers I'm hearing anyway.

Jaffas will be up there.
Jaffas to finish mid table. :rof:

I predict:
Bitching about Magic and their ground.
Questions as to why Edgy has the gf.
Jaffas to be questioned as to their wage bill/ points cap.

I changed my user name
05-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Jaffas will be up there.
Jaffas to finish mid table. :rof:

I predict:
Bitching about Magic and their ground.
Questions as to why Edgy has the gf.
Jaffas to be questioned as to their wage bill/ points cap.

:lol:

I changed my user name
05-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Well I think this year will be even tighter than last year as I believe the team coming up will not be whipping boys and all the other teams seem to be fairly even without anyone looking like they will walk it home.

I also predict that Jets Youth will not be nearly as strong as they were last season.

I also think a team could be relegated yet be within touching distance of semi's as thats how tight I see the comp being .

Anyone heard of any signing news ? Seen in the paper the signings that Weston made with Mooney & Hearfield but not heard much else.

hawk
05-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Seen in the paper the signings that Weston made with Mooney & Hearfield but not heard much else.

be interesting to see if how hearfield handles this level.

Ok give it up....What was your old username?

late_to_the_game
05-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Watching Adamstowns trial game against the Jets, their attack looked much better than last year, and the squad, while not complete is stronger. Hopefully that will translate to wins....

Zico
05-11-2014, 09:23 PM

It's surely MFKS :whistling:

Premy
05-11-2014, 09:27 PM

Hearfield played at CCB this year Hawk. Will be interesting how Chilli will go back at Magic :lol:

MFKS
06-11-2014, 09:12 AM
It's surely MFKS :whistling:
I Don't do Multis.

Here is a clue for you

I ain't afraid to speak my opinion
I really have no ****ing care whether anyone agrees with me or not
I also care very little if I upset anyone

Now explain to me why you would blame me for having a multi again??

Zico
06-11-2014, 10:45 AM
I Don't do Multis.

Here is a clue for you

Because I knew you would bite in the manner you did :sparring:

hawk
06-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Hearfield played at CCB this year Hawk. Will be interesting how Chilli will go back at Magic :lol:

oh crap thats right. chilli will be a target but should go well if he can handle the rough stuff

MFKS
06-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Because I knew you would bite in the manner you did :sparring:

Biting??

Problem was I was giving you credit for being more intelligent than you now appear to be.

If the purpose was to make yourself look less intelligent in my eyes then

Congratulations
JOB WELL DONE

MFKS
06-11-2014, 11:39 AM
oh crap thats right. chilli will be a target but should go well if he can handle the rough stuff
I thought he was talking about his old man ie the coach at Magic???

Zico
06-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Biting??

Problem was I was giving you credit for being more intelligent than you now appear to be.

If the purpose was to make yourself look less intelligent in my eyes then

Congratulations
JOB WELL DONE
hahahahaha you make this forum entertaining

I changed my user name
06-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Who has everyone signed . I cant remember a more quite off season and perhaps a sign of the points system . I know of the following .

Adamstown:
Matt Paul from Broadmeadow
Roger Dowdell from Maitland
Guy Bates from ? not sure
Stuart Musialik from nobody i think

Broadmeadow Magic:
Michael Finlayson from Jets
Dino Faj from Jaffas

Charlestown:
Anyone ?

Edgeworth:
Anyone ?

Hamilton:
Jamie Burns from Southy

Jaffas:
Brad Swancott from Hamilton

Maitland
Alex Read from QLD
Jay McKeller from Weston
Matt Comorford from Adamstown

South Cardiff
Anyone ?

Weston:
Jamas Moonie from Hamilton
Troy Hearfield from Charlestown

pv4
06-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Broadmeadow Magic:
Michael Finlayson from Jets

I'm led to believe this didn't happen because Remington pulled out of the Jets.

I changed my user name
06-11-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm led to believe this didn't happen because Remington pulled out of the Jets.

Yeh I heard same but pretty sure that he will play youth season and then drop straight into Magic squad for NPL.

immersion
06-11-2014, 01:30 PM
I Don't do Multis.

Here is a clue for you

This is just dribble. You might as well of said "i am tough because i have a forum avatar, and no one knows who i am".

Premy
06-11-2014, 01:49 PM
I thought he was talking about his old man ie the coach at Magic???
Nah definitely talking about James, more than likely next year he'll be playing NPL and if that's the case it's 100% Sydney or Magic.

wannabe
06-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Semi finalists I think will come from these 5 clubs
MAGIC. Have recruited well adding DINO FAJKOVIC,KALE BRADBURY,MIKE FINLAYSON AND ARCHIBALD. Have lost CHRIS BOWLING,MATT PAUL AND HAKAN.
WESTON. Have recruited TROY HEARFIELD AND JAMES MONIE. Have lost MICK RYAN AND McKELLAR
EDGEWORTH. Have recruited JUSTIN TANNOCK AND DANIEL BIRD. Have lost MENDEZ AND KRNKEVIC
JAFFAS. Have recruited BRAD SWANCOTT AND HAKAN CANLI. Have lost DANIEL IRELAND,DINO FAJKOVIC AND KALE BRADBURY
OLYMPIC. Have recruited JESSE COOKE,JASON KOROTICH,JAMIE BYRNES,TOM SPENCER AND SIMON MOONEY. Have lost SWANCOTT,MONIE,HODGSON AND POOLE

ForeverRed
06-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Semi finalists I think will come from these 5 clubs
MAGIC. Have recruited well adding DINO FAJKOVIC,KALE BRADBURY,MIKE FINLAYSON AND ARCHIBALD. Have lost CHRIS BOWLING,MATT PAUL AND HAKAN.
WESTON. Have recruited TROY HEARFIELD AND JAMES MONIE. Have lost MICK RYAN AND McKELLAR
EDGEWORTH. Have recruited JUSTIN TANNOCK AND DANIEL BIRD. Have lost MENDEZ AND KRNKEVIC
JAFFAS. Have recruited BRAD SWANCOTT AND HAKAN CANLI. Have lost DANIEL IRELAND,DINO FAJKOVIC AND KALE BRADBURY
OLYMPIC. Have recruited JESSE COOKE,JASON KOROTICH,JAMIE BYRNES,TOM SPENCER AND SIMON MOONEY. Have lost SWANCOTT,MONIE,HODGSON AND POOLE

Weston have also lost the best coach in newcastle by far, and NNSWF has also lost a good coach from our area by moving way to slow in securing his services, typical

Premy
06-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Weston have also lost the best coach in newcastle by far, and NNSWF has also lost a good coach from our area by moving way to slow in securing his services, typical

What is Piggo's next move?

magician
06-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Every club he has been at he has done well..apparently the players run the club at Weston instead of the committee

The Spy
06-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Pretty sure Josh McGuire has signed with Jaffas too?

prawnhead
06-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Every club he has been at he has done well..apparently the players run the club at Weston instead of the committee

He did a super job at Weston this year no doubt. But I'm not sure he was overly successful in his 5 years at Southy. Didn't they make the semis only once in the 5 years he was there (granted they did get to the GF in this year though). But making the semis once in 5 years I wouldn't regard as doing well.

Zico
06-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Spill the beens FR, I heard he was at the Emerging Jets U/18's?

football_macigian23
07-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Spill the beens FR, I heard he was at the Emerging Jets U/18's?

From what was read in the paper wasn't he going to coach at Mariners Academy U16's?

The Magician
07-11-2014, 12:35 AM
NNSWF was negotiating with HSG on who is to take over the Jets U18's program... any outcomes?

football_macigian23
07-11-2014, 09:08 PM
CCFC have approved the following Coaching Appointments for 2015.

Technical Director - Mark Jones

Mens First Grade Peter Preston
U20 Mark Pratt
U18 Steve Frame
U16 Steve Piggott

Straight from CC Football website

Blueboy
08-11-2014, 03:11 AM
Be interested too see how Weston fit, cowburn, subat, monie and hearfield into the same team

MFKS
08-11-2014, 08:08 AM
Be interested too see how Weston fit, cowburn, subat, monie and hearfield into the same team
One on the bench two up front and the Pieman playing deeper. Not hard

Allimpic
08-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Magic
Weston
Olympic
Jaffas
Adamstown
Edgeworth
Jets
Maitland
Southy
Azzurri

That's if the rumours regarding Azzurri are true.. No doubt pricey will have them firing.

EH9
08-11-2014, 02:14 PM
That's if the rumours regarding Azzurri are true.. No doubt pricey will have them firing.

What rumours are they?

prawnhead
08-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Magic
Weston
Olympic
Jaffas
Adamstown
Edgeworth
Jets
Maitland
Southy
Azzurri

Yeah I'd be interested as to why people have predicted Azzurri to come last. Too much quality for that to happen I think with Goodchild, Smith, Tull etc. I did hear they have lost a couple of players who perhaps didn't see eye to eye with Pricey. Eg Hearfield to Weston - I think even Pricey said in the Herald that he didn't even return his calls or texts when he was tapping him up for next year. But they will have too much quality to finish last and a few young blokes stepped up well this year too. Im tipping:

Magic
Weston
Jets
Olympic
Azzurri
Jaffas
Edgeworth
Adamstown
Maitland
Southy

Sorry FR but I hope you boys prove me wrong.

Allimpic
08-11-2014, 03:13 PM
What rumours are they?

Just saying the rumor I heard was that they were under a lot of financial pressure and some players still hadn't been paid for last season. The senior club was taking from the juniors. Heard that a lot of players weren't happy and some may leave. Obviously hearfield already gone. but they have there players that will always be there in Tully and Goodchild. Newcastle loves a rumor too.

Thomas477
08-11-2014, 10:07 PM
Ryan Griffiths seen talking to Chris Sneddon at the Jets today. New marquee for Jaffas methinks.....

MFKS
09-11-2014, 12:38 AM
Ryan Griffiths seen talking to Chris Sneddon at the Jets today. New marquee for Jaffas methinks.....Well it ain't like the Jaffas ain't known for spending big money in the past to buy success:sparring:

Blueboy
09-11-2014, 03:45 PM

That's not really fitting the four of them into the team tho is it. Which ones going to be happy sitting on the bench?

wannabe
09-11-2014, 04:24 PM

Who is this Pieman you speak of MFKS, cowburn ?

BP Super Dynamos
09-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Depending on whether Evans leaves, the Bears could line up with 3 across the front (as per last season) with Cowburn dropping into Evans' AM role.

Newy
09-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Depending on whether Evans leaves, the Bears could line up with 3 across the front (as per last season) with Cowburn dropping into Evans' AM role.

Hasn't Evans gone to Sydney?

Newsfeed
09-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Hasn't Evans gone to Sydney?

If he does not get a run in Syd he is playing at Weston

MFKS
09-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Who is this Pieman you speak of MFKS, cowburn ?

The Bloke who had pies chucked at him when he played for the Gypos

cobra23
10-11-2014, 11:59 AM
That's not really fitting the four of them into the team tho is it. Which ones going to be happy sitting on the bench?

The one who is playing the worst come kickoff.
if you are gunna push for top 4 next year teams need quality players on the bench as well.

Football lover
12-11-2014, 10:30 AM
I reckon edgy could struggle this season who have they signed? 1st season without Wilso not in the dugout remember what happend last time with Miner. Jaffas to go back to back.

I changed my user name
12-11-2014, 12:50 PM
I reckon edgy could struggle this season who have they signed? 1st season without Wilso not in the dugout remember what happend last time with Miner. Jaffas to go back to back.

I think Edgy will go just fine , great start last year and top I believe until about round 10 or 11 and seemed to just drift away near the end. Young team and I think will be there abouts again.

I drove past Adamstown about 8pm last night and lights on and what looked like training going on , I heard they were also in for training in November and played a few games recently, all seems pretty serious at rosebud again.

Also heard Azzuri back training .

Premy
12-11-2014, 01:13 PM
I heard edgy may be signing a local that is currently plying his trade in China.

ForeverRed
12-11-2014, 01:23 PM
McBreen maybe

pv4
12-11-2014, 01:25 PM
McBreen maybe

He has promised he'd come back to Edgy for several years, once his professional career was over.

Premy
12-11-2014, 02:07 PM
That's what I've heard on the rumor mill.

immersion
12-11-2014, 02:23 PM

Having i think the best defensive record in to comp. Edgy struggled to score goals. With Wilson gone, it maybe a blessing. Because if we cast our minds back he was suspended for the first 9 games or something. And when he returned they struggled. Coincidence? I think not. You cant go from being 1st or 2nd through the first half of the season to be being utter shit almost overnight without something significantly changing, and it could have been Wilson. Just a thought.

If they sign Mcbreen, they will have a good front man. Goals will come a little easier for them. And having kept the all their defensive players from what has been said, they should do alright.

Beast
12-11-2014, 02:41 PM
McBreen is the individual sponsor of one of their youth players so way add some weight to the argument

Leftback at Home
17-11-2014, 03:28 PM
So who is back training?

ForeverRed
17-11-2014, 05:25 PM
gunners are back, started early november until mid december, 2 nights a week

MFKS
17-11-2014, 06:09 PM
gunners are back, started early november until mid december, 2 nights a week

Not what I hear FR??

You doing the old tell them we are taking it easy when you guys are actually ripping in and gonna surprise the opposition ploy???

Beast
17-11-2014, 08:04 PM
or 1 nite a week starting last week, or that's what I heard.

Bremsstrahlung
17-11-2014, 09:02 PM
So, FR fills us in on the training schedule of southy, answering somebodies question.
1 x accusation that they are training more frequently.
1 x accusation they are training less.

gny
17-11-2014, 09:32 PM
1 night a week certain of that

MFKS
17-11-2014, 09:40 PM
So, FR fills us in on the training schedule of southy, answering somebodies question.
1 x accusation that they are training more frequently.
1 x accusation they are training less.

Thats one issue with Newy. Rumours can gather legs quickly.

It's not what I have heard that matters I just want FR with his wise wisdom to set me straight so i can clarify how good/bad my source is for future tips

GO AWAY
18-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Azzuri have been doing thursday nights for the last two weeks

I changed my user name
18-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Azzuri have been doing thursday nights for the last two weeks

I can confirm that is accurate and also Southy training and Adamstown where training and playing games as well and I heard Maitland and Magic as well.

Do the players not rest nowadays ha ha

Beast
18-11-2014, 05:18 PM
jaffas as well.

BP Super Dynamos
18-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Bears likewise, 1 night a week

Newsfeed
20-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Fri night 10/4 edgeworth v ccb to open season

wannabe
23-11-2014, 04:10 PM
Fri night 10/4 edgeworth v ccb to open season

sunday 12/4 broadmeadow magic v Hamilton Olympic,surely match of the round first up

Blueboy
28-11-2014, 07:22 AM
With Ireland between the sticks, that should put Olympic up there to challenge for top spot.

magician
28-11-2014, 11:51 AM
With Ireland between the sticks, that should put Olympic up there to challenge for top spot.
I thought that was only a rumour. Will be interesting to see what happens with Jessie cook now.

I changed my user name
28-11-2014, 12:28 PM
I am hearing Matt Thompson is in Newcastle and looking for a club . I wonder who will pick him up as that would be a great signing for an NPL club and just further more promote our league with yet another professional (former) footballers in the league.

There must be a few ex A league players kicking about the clubs now

Thomas477
28-11-2014, 12:40 PM
I thought that was only a rumour. Will be interesting to see what happens with Jessie cook now.

From my sources, Olympic are happy with the two keepers they have atm.

As for Thompson, well, last I heard he was going back over to Asia.

I changed my user name
28-11-2014, 12:49 PM
From my sources, Olympic are happy with the two keepers they have atm.

As for Thompson, well, last I heard he was going back over to Asia.

Yep fairly sure he would still be able to compete at higher level was just saying really that it would be a great signing if an NPL team pulled that off. I dont even know how factual this info is to be honest as its just something that got mentioned to me last week.

As for Danny Ireland situation , would you really blame Hamilton for grabbing him as he is a top class keeper without question.

On that topic who is everyone's top 3 keepesr in NPL .

pv4
28-11-2014, 01:34 PM
On that topic who is everyone's top 3 keepesr in NPL .

Ben Kelly, and then the rest. I honestly rate BK so, so highly.

BodyNovo
28-11-2014, 02:02 PM
danny ireland is outstanding easily the best keeper in the NPL

he was a couple of years ahead of me at school, in yr 12 in the annual teachers v student game, danny pulled of the greatest save i have ever seen live to a ralph maier volley (ex breaker) who was a pe teacher there

any club will be lucky to have him.

Bremsstrahlung
28-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Scott Carter gets the job done also.
I'd be happy to have Carter, Ireland or Swancott.
Kelly was good back in his Charlestown Highfields City Azzurri Blues Wolves FC days. Haven't seen him for some time though...

Newy
28-11-2014, 03:00 PM
Matt Thompson Lives in Melbourne and is playing for ptt prayoung (or whatever it is) in Thailand with guys like Michael bEAUCHAMP

Premy
29-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Not to sure what to think of this?

I don't know if it's pointless spending or the next step forward and the Club being proactive.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2730091/jaffas-paid-general-manager-joel-grenell/?cs=306

I changed my user name
01-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Rumor mill
Bridgey at Jaffas in season 2015

I know that MB is very close with many at jaffas but fairly certain his playing days are well behind him and that he is concentrating on his coaching career and business activity.

Still what a signing that would be for jaffas if true might just tip me to predict them as favourites for the coming season..

So who are everyone's best strikers in NPL now .

winner
03-04-2015, 11:01 AM
I know that MB is very close with many at jaffas but fairly certain his playing days are well behind him and that he is concentrating on his coaching career and business activity.

Still what a signing that would be for jaffas if true might just tip me to predict them as favourites for the coming season..

So who are everyone's best strikers in NPL now .
Now that trial games and ffa cup form has been done, what are peoples predictions after seeing teams play
Magic
Jaffas
Olympic
Edgy
Adamstown
Jets
Maitland
Azzurri
Southy
Weston

ForeverRed
03-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Gunners for premiers for me

magician
03-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Gunners for premiers for me
Wasn't aprill fools Wednesday 😜

ForeverRed
03-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Considering our trial result against magic I'm more then confident,

winner
03-04-2015, 01:29 PM

Touch'e ForeverRed

ForeverRed
03-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Just a laugh, everyone has a chance, I think we will suprise people

prawnhead
03-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Just a laugh, everyone has a chance, I think we will suprise people

How is the Korean shaping up mate. Where does it look like he will play?

ForeverRed
03-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Probably in the number 10 role, he can play but communication is a little difficult

cobra23
07-04-2015, 01:53 PM

as much as i would love for southy to come last, going by the last 15 years also you cannot write off the gunners.
They are a tight unit and always seem to grind out results.

Magic
Jaffas
Olympic
Maitland
Jets
Edgy
Weston
Southy
Adamstown
Azzurri

hamburgler
07-04-2015, 04:38 PM
as much as i would love for southy to come last, going by the last 15 years also you cannot write off the gunners.
They are a tight unit and always seem to grind out results.

Magic
Jaffas
Olympic
Maitland
Jets
Edgy
Weston
Southy
Adamstown
Azzurri

Magic
Jaffas
Olympic
Adamstown
Maitland
Edgeworth
Jets
Southy
CCB
Weston

The General
07-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Magic
Jaffas
Olympic
Adamstown
Maitland
Edgeworth
Jets
Southy
CCB
Weston

Olympic
Magic
Jaffas
Adamstown
Edgeworth
Jets
South Cardiff
Weston
Maitland
Charlestown

I seriously think it is time for Olympic - if they don't win something this year, there maybe some coaching movement there.
Magic will be much improved. Adamstown have brought in a lot of players - will be interesting to see how they go with the new coach.
South Cardiff could make the 4 or run last as could the likes of Weston and Maitland. Big concerns for me with Charlestown. Goody is a big loss and could be a tough year for Pryce.
It will be interesting to see where Mr Kerry has everyone tomorrow.

hamburgler
07-04-2015, 06:25 PM
All signs point to Weston struggling big time this year. Charlestown and Weston bottom 2!!!

Newsfeed
07-04-2015, 06:58 PM
All signs point to Weston struggling big time this year. Charlestown and Weston
bottom 2!!!

Whats your thoughts behind this?

hamburgler
07-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Whats your thoughts behind this?

Trial form has been pretty ordinary. I know only trials, but copped plenty of goals against Adamstown. Loss of Evans and a couple of other quality or up and coming players will hurt them. Heavy reliance on dead ball specialist Morris to score. i could be proven wrong, but I think they will struggle. Just my thoughts.

Jardelsimage
08-04-2015, 11:21 AM
Probably in the number 10 role, he can play but communication is a little difficult

lets get serious now the season is about to start, when's Old boys Day????????

ForeverRed
08-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Every day

MFKS
08-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Magic
Lambton
Jets Yoof
Olympic
Adamstown
Edgeworth
Southy
Maitland
Weston
Azzurri

ForeverRed
08-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Magic
Lambton
Jets Yoof
Olympic
Adamstown
Edgeworth
Southy
Maitland
Weston
Azzurri
Swap the jets with the gunners

TouchAndPlay
08-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Magic
Lambton
Jets Yoof
Olympic
Adamstown
Edgeworth
Southy
Maitland
Weston
Azzurri

Pretty close I think, going off pre-season form that is. I just cant see the jets being that high up the table this year for a few reasons. I think they will have a much weaker and younger squad with less depth, I think that McGuiness wont gel as well as Pascoe has done with the young boys over the last couple of years and I think that the comp as a whole was relatively poor across the board last year, and having seen some of the sides in the pre-season I believe that this will be rectified somewhat.
I'm aware of the argument that the jets didn't have a very experienced squad last year and still won it but its just my opinion.

ForeverRed
08-04-2015, 05:48 PM
gunners
olympic
jaffas
adamstown
magic
jets
edgeworth
azzurri
maitland
weston

prawnhead
08-04-2015, 06:11 PM
gunners
olympic
jaffas
adamstown
magic
jets
edgeworth
azzurri
maitland
weston

Olympic
Magic
Jaffas
CCB
Adanstown
Jets
Edgy
Maitland
Weston
Gunners

Fairgo
08-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Olympic
Magic
Jaffas
CCB
Adanstown
Jets
Edgy
Maitland
Weston
Gunners

Olympic
Jaffas
Adamstown
Magic
Jets
Edgy
Gunners
Maitland
Weston
Charlestown

GO AWAY
09-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Pretty close I think, going off pre-season form that is. I just cant see the jets being that high up the table this year for a few reasons. I think they will have a much weaker and younger squad with less depth, I think that McGuiness wont gel as well as Pascoe has done with the young boys over the last couple of years and I think that the comp as a whole was relatively poor across the board last year, and having seen some of the sides in the pre-season I believe that this will be rectified somewhat.
I'm aware of the argument that the jets didn't have a very experienced squad last year and still won it but its just my opinion.

Be interesting if Mr Mcguinnesses son will be in the Jets youth team before you know it ?

OLYMPIC
ADAMSTOWN
EDGEWORTH
LAMBTON
MAITLAND
MAGIC
SOUTHY
AZZURI
YOOF
WESTON

judge
09-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Magic
Olympic
Jaffas
Jets Youth
Edgeworth
Adamstown
Maitland
Southy
Weston
Azzuri

Newsfeed
09-04-2015, 03:30 PM
So Northern have advised today Valo or Lakes need to finish 1st in NEWFM or there is no relegation due to all the other clubs not meeting the licencing criteria.

hamburgler
09-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Be interesting if Mr Mcguinnesses son will be in the Jets youth team before you know it ?

Of course he will, only a matter of time

TouchAndPlay
09-04-2015, 03:45 PM

OLYMPIC
ADAMSTOWN
EDGEWORTH
LAMBTON
MAITLAND
MAGIC
SOUTHY
AZZURI
YOOF
WESTON

Yes, will be interesting. its been done successfully in previous years with coaches and sons working together, however in a youth development atmosphere could be very interesting to see how all parties involved handle the situation.

GO AWAY
09-04-2015, 03:47 PM
So Northern have advised today Valo or Lakes need to finish 1st in NEWFM or there is no relegation due to all the other clubs not meeting the licencing criteria.

Uuuuuuuummmm , not that it is going to happen, but surely Toronto Awaba would meet the criteria.

winner
09-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Uuuuuuuummmm ,
not that it is going to happen, but surely Toronto Awaba would meet the criteria.
Toronto won't meet one point of the criteria

Bremsstrahlung
09-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Ulinga pitch is looking good FR!

GO AWAY
09-04-2015, 04:15 PM

Competition points ??

pv4
09-04-2015, 04:15 PM

What is the criteria nowadays? Seems odd they would have met it back when Azzuri and Lakes were relegated back in 2008, but nowadays wouldn't meet one point of it.

Zephyr
09-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Magic
Jaffas
Adamstown
Olympic
Edgeworth
Maitland
Jets
Charlestown
Weston
South Cardiff

winner
09-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Competition points ??
Nail on head

GO AWAY
09-04-2015, 04:40 PM
Lyall Peacock will be near the best facility in Newcastle soon, new oversowing, new canteen, new mini grandstands and seating around the ground, training facilities just out back of dressing sheds ( rather then over the other side of the main oval, or outside the main gates ) southy, magic, olympic, jaffas etc

They will be soon knocking down the old entrance in the corner where everyone use to walk in at, and building a new complex, with storage sheds, undercover ticketing, turnstiles the lot.

The Magician
09-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Lyall Peacock will be near the best facility in Newcastle soon, new oversowing, new canteen, new mini grandstands and seating around the ground, training facilities just out back of dressing sheds ( rather then over the other side of the main oval, or outside the main gates ) southy, magic, olympic, jaffas etc

They will be soon knocking down the old entrance in the corner where everyone use to walk in at, and building a new complex, with storage sheds, undercover ticketing, turnstiles the lot.

They will soon be in the Interdistrict Premier League

GO AWAY
09-04-2015, 04:51 PM

Ha Ha harsh, lets hope not, EST 1923, so long and proud history, im sure they will hold their spot in Newfm.

But is there relegation between Newfm and ZPL ?

I do remember someone saying 4-5 years ago to some old life members, if you dont come back and help this club out you are a life member of, you may be looking at the next Westlakes.

Fingers crossed the boys can start getting some wins and stay up, IF, there is promotion/relegation.

The Magician
09-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Ha Ha harsh, lets hope not, EST 1923, so long and proud history, im sure they will hold their spot in Newfm.

But is there relegation between Newfm and ZPL ?

I do remember someone saying 4-5 years ago to some old life members, if you dont come back and help this club out you are a life member of, you may be looking at the next Westlakes.

Fingers crossed the boys can start getting some wins and stay up, IF, there is promotion/relegation.

i do remember going out there to play and there wasnt anyone on the front gate till just before first grade kicked off, so whats the point of ticketbox and turnstile upgrades hahahaha...

Years and years of the Workers Club bailing out poor administration.

Promotion and relegation if the teams finishing top of IPL want to come up.

Thomas477
09-04-2015, 07:36 PM
What's the Indian Premier League have to do with promotion and relegation?

Football lover
09-04-2015, 11:27 PM

Westy? Wallsend? Surely? Hope Azzuri finish bottom
Will give Shane Tull something else to have a whinge about

Shere Khan
10-04-2015, 01:07 AM
Seriously?

GO AWAY
10-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Westy? Wallsend? Surely? Hope Azzuri finish bottom
Will give Shane Tull something else to have a whinge about

Probably worry about your own club, instead of bagging tully ????

Be much better reading

GO AWAY
13-04-2015, 10:42 AM

:rof:

GO AWAY
13-04-2015, 10:46 AM
:sparring:

Thornton will be in all age then.

GK they now have is quality, hope they can hold on to him, instead of other clubs enticing him away from Toronto.

Also good was baillie, oliviera and Mostyn

They wont get the wooden spoon

football_macigian23
19-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Leo Bertos to Olympic

Captain_Carl
20-11-2021, 07:33 AM
People should feel free to express their opinions on these threads without coming under personal attacks from keyboard warriors. Have some respect people.