PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Steele

mervan
06-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Whats going on here.

Plays ok then stubbins rests him.

More bullshit from the jets.

Pass in the licence now and let the FFA run it.

Jeterpool
06-11-2014, 10:42 PM
I reckon there could be more here than we are getting told. Nothing I know but it's just a hunch.

mervan
06-11-2014, 10:44 PM
well the stupid club should come clean and tell the fans, the paying public, because I thought he could add something.

its all the same under this mob, smoke and mirrors

I wont attend until the FFA are running the joint

MFKS
06-11-2014, 11:00 PM
well the stupid club should come clean and tell the fans, the paying public, because I thought he could add something.

Generally speaking a competent club keeps secrets until the last minute. We on the other hand blab everything of importance and then hide the truth on other stuff they should be open about.

If Steele is misbehaving I would rather the club came out and told the truth and let us know what the **** is going on rather than the bs we have been fed on this subject in recent weeks. Makes you wonder what the **** they are actually hiding from us

mervan
06-11-2014, 11:04 PM
It appears to be happening a lot under this mob and quite a lot recently under Stubbins - Goodwin, Zads, the boy that went back to perth and now Steele.

Things like this happen in organisations

pv4
06-11-2014, 11:10 PM
It appears to be happening a lot under this mob and quite a lot recently under Stubbins - Goodwin, Zads, the boy that went back to perth and now Steele.

Things like this happen in organisations

I am led to believe you'll find Oxborrow was a victim of GvE, not anyone else.

mervan
06-11-2014, 11:13 PM
That's a crock of shite

Jeterpool
06-11-2014, 11:18 PM

The club is under no obligation to tell us if there is a possible disciplinary issue with one of their employees. It's a matter for them to handle internally. If the player has personal issues, again it's none of our business. The club looks after the welfare of their employee.

Jeterpool
06-11-2014, 11:19 PM
That's a crock of shite

How so?

GazFish35
06-11-2014, 11:20 PM
Could just be that big phil doesn't take any shit and is cleaning the joint out.
We really don't know.

I'd like to know whats going on too, but not sure we've any right to know details if it's a personal issue.
If I had to take leave from work for a personal issue I'd not too be happy if my boss made those reasons public.

If I was suddenly asked to leave my job because I was found to be unable to perform the role though, I'd have to suck it up if my boss came out with "he's been fired"

It's hard in this case as this blokes job involves representing our club so I suppose at some level fans feel a sense of being owed an explanation.

lquiquer
06-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Could just be that big phil doesn't take any shit and is cleaning the joint out.
We really don't know.

I'd like to know whats going on too, but not sure we've any right to know details if it's a personal issue.
If I had to take leave from work for a personal issue I'd not too be happy if my boss made those reasons public.

If I was suddenly asked to leave my job because I was found to be unable to perform the role though, I'd have to suck it up if my boss came out with "he's been fired"

It's hard in this case as this blokes job involves representing our club so I suppose at some level fans feel a sense of being owed an explanation.

Do u really believe it's Personal Issue..... Sounds to me if it really was then it would be made public, a case of nothing to hide

mervan
06-11-2014, 11:25 PM
The club is under no obligation to tell us if there is a possible disciplinary issue with one of their employees. It's a matter for them to handle internally. If the player has personal issues, again it's none of our business. The club looks after the welfare of their employee.

You sound like the club

mervan
06-11-2014, 11:28 PM
We really don't know.

Politically correct response, but if you in you took leave of absence for personal reasons you would probably tell your close work mates.

With that reponse You need to either join a political party or put your hand up to run this club.

MFKS
06-11-2014, 11:44 PM

Doesn't stop any other club in the world saying player x has broken team rules has been stood down for x weeks fined transfer listed etc.

If it is a disciplinary issue it can be seen as a positive as it sends a message publicly to all that poor behavior will not be tolerated at the club and also sends a message loud and clear to the rest f the squad to pull their heads in or deal with the consequences.

If it is personal issues again. Seriously how many people unable to cope with playing for our club do we need to sign?? Do we actually do any research to ascertain the players we are looking at signing are mentally capable of playing 1 game a week and training 4 days a week for a couple of hours between sitting at coffee shops whilst having to live in this town??? FMD

MFKS
06-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Do u really believe it's Personal Issue..... Sounds to me if it really was then it would be made public, a case of nothing to hide

Precisely it is all the rage these days to admit to having some issue like depression or something else like that.

pv4
06-11-2014, 11:59 PM
That's a crock of shite

Not what I heard

joel31
07-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Not what I heard
what exactly did u hear?

Bon
07-11-2014, 12:20 AM
what exactly did u hear?

I too have heard..

joel31
07-11-2014, 12:27 AM
I too have heard..
any more details?

GazFish35
07-11-2014, 12:41 AM

Why would a personal issue be made public?
Rather than being about "hiding" something, maybe it's about respecting the player's privacy.

Politically correct response, but if you in you took leave of absence for personal reasons you would probably tell your close work mates.

I took some leave last year as a matter of fact. The reasons for it were private, and the only person at work who knew the reason was the boss. My close work colleagues, even my direct supervisor still don't know why I had a week off in February last year. I asked her not to tell anyone why I was away, she respected that. If she'd blabbed to all at a staff meeting, or told the media, I'd most likely never have wanted to return and the boss would soon be known as one who didn't show her workers any respect.

Can't see the difference here tbh. steele asked for some time, Stubbins said yes, and has asked for everyone to respect the player's privacy as it was a personal issue.

Would you rather the club go down the politically incorrect route and divulge to all the reason why he's taken time off and end up being known as a club who disrespect their players?

the assumption that this suggest steele is weak of character and can't cope....FFS, at least start down the path of character assassination when some facts are known..... Or we know a little more about this bloke's character, he's really only just arrived. Who knows what the hell he's dealing with? Nothing else has been made public.

But hey, let's prove Adelaide isn't the only pissant town in this league. Let's all assume the worst of everyone 'eh, bag the shit out of our players before knowing all the facts and scream blue murder when the club try an deal with what appears to be a tricky situation with a little bit of decorum and respect for the player.
Newcastle! What a great club/city/fan base for great players to come play for. No wonder we struggle to get anything more than "other teams rejects" to sign on for us.

I'm not advocating we don't hold the players or the club to account when things go wrong, far from it, but with zero facts known, zero negative assumptions should made IMO.

Fairgo
07-11-2014, 12:51 AM
Rather than being about "hiding" something, maybe it's about respecting the player's privacy.

I took some leave last year as a matter of fact. The reasons for it were private, and the only person at work who knew the reason was the boss. My close work colleagues, even my direct supervisor still don't know why I had a week off in February last year. I asked her not to tell anyone why I was away, she respected that. If she'd blabbed to all at a staff meeting, or told the media, I'd most likely never have wanted to return and the boss would soon be known as one who didn't show her workers any respect.

Can't see the difference here tbh. steele asked for some time, Stubbins said yes, and has asked for everyone to respect the player's privacy as it was a personal issue.

Would you rather the club go down the politically incorrect route and divulge to all the reason why he's taken time off and end up being known as a club who disrespect their players?

the assumption that this suggest steele is weak of character and can't cope....FFS, at least start down the path of character assassination when some facts are known..... Or we know a little more about this bloke's character, he's really only just arrived. Who knows what the hell he's dealing with? Nothing else has been made public.

But hey, let's prove Adelaide isn't the only pissant town in this league. Let's all assume the worst of everyone 'eh, bag the shit out of our players before knowing all the facts and scream blue murder when the club try an deal with what appears to be a tricky situation with a little bit of decorum and respect for the player.
Newcastle! What a great club/city/fan base for great players to come play for. No wonder we struggle to get anything more than "other teams rejects" to sign on for us.

I'm not advocating we don't hold the players or the club to account when things go wrong, far from it, but with zero facts known, zero negative assumptions should made IMO.

+1bravo

hawk
07-11-2014, 12:51 AM

Could be an illness but more probably discipline. hasnt really shown enough if we are to retain a trouble maker.
Might wait n see to what the real reason is.

Grimario
07-11-2014, 01:17 AM
Should have known from all those tats that this would end badly... clearly he wasn't stainless Steele.

Retro Jet
07-11-2014, 03:02 AM
Shit tats.
1 step closer to the spoon, with or without him.

Move on....

Jeterpool
07-11-2014, 06:45 AM

Well said.

Jeterpool
07-11-2014, 07:26 AM
You sound like the club

And you sound like you should be on the Herald forum or the Jets facebook pages.

How about you tell us why the jets should release the information instead of simply bagging out everyone who disagrees with your opinion. Create a discussion and help us understand your point of view.

mervan
07-11-2014, 07:39 AM
My issue with this is that the club continue to keep the fans mis informed and in the dark over most issues. They did the same with the knights.

Surely the truth with this one won't take too long.

MFKS
07-11-2014, 08:13 AM

The issue here is less so what exactly is the reason behind the absence of Johnny Steele but more in the way the matter is being handled by the club and the lack of honesty or at the minimum a consistent story.

The situation where one week he is left out as he isn't putting in at training next week he has a minor injury and now this week he has been given indefinite leave for unknown issues is the issue.

Most people can see there is an issue here and the clubs handling of it is amateur at best. Hell I could even handle them lying to us about what is going on but at least provide a solid story and stop changing it 3 weeks running to explain away the absence of a player.

The club should be providing answers to their 9-10k of members and fans as to what is going on. I do not buy this bullshit that they have to say absolutely nothing at all for privacy of the player. A competent organisation can still provide a solid answer as to why the player is missing with out going into specifics of the players personal situation and can keep the real issues quiet.

The terms that could be used are "family matter". Useful description as it gets people off his case as this actually can cover a wide variety of issues and people will back off.

Actually the club are probably doing the bloke more harm by the shoddy way they are handling it and not giving a suitable answer to get people off the subject.

The actual reason people are making assumptions here is down to the shitful public relations offered up by those at the club but considering that most of them have no ****ing idea on running a chook raffle anyway that is hardly surprising

belchardo
07-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Should have known from all those tats that this would end badly... clearly he wasn't stainless Steele.

i'll give it a 5 out of 10. I did groan slightly, but there was no eye roll or chuckle. must try harder grim. Adelaide must be dulling your edge.

Jeterpool
07-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Surely the truth with this one won't take too long.

That I agree with you on. I think we'll see a resolution to this one way or another.

How's Ryan Griffiths doing overseas? Anyone know?

The Dunster
07-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Steele most likely left because he didn't want to be on a sinking ship.

Thomas477
07-11-2014, 09:12 AM
That I agree with you on. I think we'll see a resolution to this one way or another.

How's Ryan Griffiths doing overseas? Anyone know?

F*** him. Tried to get Griff to move to Malaysia end of last season, as well as not being loyal (ie signed for the pissants then bailed 3 games later to go to Malaysia)

Jeterpool
07-11-2014, 09:19 AM
F*** him. Tried to get Griff to move to Malaysia end of last season, as well as not being loyal (ie signed for the pissants then bailed 3 games later to go to Malaysia)

True - short memory.

If, and it's a big if, Steele goes we should look at the left fullback position. That's where I think our most pressing need for a player is needed.

pv4
07-11-2014, 09:36 AM
what exactly did u hear?

That GVE Pinto'd Ox, in a sense. Basically destroyed the kid mentally.

Same happened to Goodwin.

Grimario
07-11-2014, 10:01 AM
i'll give it a 5 out of 10. I did groan slightly, but there was no eye roll or chuckle. must try harder grim. Adelaide must be dulling your edge.

Sorry :(

I thought he might have been the reason Biraz was so shit on crosses. You would have to think without a Jonny, you would catch something when you let the opposition penetrate your box so often.

Jeterpool
07-11-2014, 10:02 AM
That GVE Pinto'd Ox, in a sense. Basically destroyed the kid mentally.

Same happened to Goodwin.

I heard the same about Goodwin from a reliable source.

GazFish35
07-11-2014, 10:03 AM
The issue here is less so what exactly is the reason behind the absence of Johnny Steele but more in the way the matter is being handled by the club and the lack of honesty or at the minimum a consistent story.

The situation where one week he is left out as he isn't putting in at training next week he has a minor injury and now this week he has been given indefinite leave for unknown issues is the issue.

Most people can see there is an issue here and the clubs handling of it is amateur at best. Hell I could even handle them lying to us about what is going on but at least provide a solid story and stop changing it 3 weeks running to explain away the absence of a player.

The club should be providing answers to their 9-10k of members and fans as to what is going on. I do not buy this bullshit that they have to say absolutely nothing at all for privacy of the player. A competent organisation can still provide a solid answer as to why the player is missing with out going into specifics of the players personal situation and can keep the real issues quiet.

The terms that could be used are "family matter". Useful description as it gets people off his case as this actually can cover a wide variety of issues and people will back off.

Actually the club are probably doing the bloke more harm by the shoddy way they are handling it and not giving a suitable answer to get people off the subject.

The actual reason people are making assumptions here is down to the shitful public relations offered up by those at the club but considering that most of them have no ****ing idea on running a chook raffle anyway that is hardly surprising

Surely the reasons behind his absence (or at least what he tells the club) dictate how the club react? Perhaps the most suitable answer to stop the small town scrutiny has been given, then the actions of the player escalate the situation. who knows?

I suppose it all depends on when in the timeline of this sitaution people believe the club started bending the truth. if at all.

"I want the truth!" ...... "you cant handle the truth"

maybe having the truth of the situation in the public domain is not the best solution for the player or more importantly the club, in the long term.

I'm not suggesting we don't just swallow whatever spin the club put out, but the pitchforks and paraffin torches don't need to come out so early.

Grimario
07-11-2014, 10:05 AM
I heard the same about Goodwin from a reliable source.

I have heard the same from an even more reliable source than yours, I reckon.

Tommyjet
07-11-2014, 10:16 AM
I have heard the same from an even more reliable source than yours, I reckon.

Goodwin himself I take it

plague
07-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Jets missed a massive marketing opportunity to put him and Luke Remington in centre mids together.
Would have brought Pierce Brosnan fans from around the globe out here to witness it.

Once again the Jets fail to think outside the box.

lquiquer
07-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Surely the reasons behind his absence (or at least what he tells the club) dictate how the club react? Perhaps the most suitable answer to stop the small town scrutiny has been given, then the actions of the player escalate the situation. who knows?

I suppose it all depends on when in the timeline of this sitaution people believe the club started bending the truth. if at all.

maybe having the truth of the situation in the public domain is not the best solution for the player or more importantly the club, in the long term.

I'm not suggesting we don't just swallow whatever spin the club put out, but the pitchforks and paraffin torches don't need to come out so early.

There is no smoke without fire...... It was out there that something happened at training with Griff, also out there rumours was that he maybe didn't have the right attitude at training. He got drop by Mr Coach for Wellington. I personally been told he was lazy. Then possibly he had a cork knee last week and now he is on leave.....!!!!!!! Personal reason????? :bs: Club and Jonny taking us for a ride

MFKS
07-11-2014, 11:12 AM

As I said I wouldn't give two ****s if they actually lied to us and said he has an injury.... or he has been dropped for discipline issues.... or he has personal issues to resolve or he has.... family business to deal with even if it was not true.

The issue is that the bloke was initially dropped and the club claimed for lack of effort at training... next week his training level isn't the issue but it is his calf.... this week he is on indefinite leave for undisclosed reasons.

3 Differing excuses to provide an explanation for his absence from the side. As you said the last one it may well be the most suitable explanation given for the player and club. Problem is that due to the poor way they have handled this blokes absence with their contrasting excuses for his absence then the speculation is actually being created because of their handling of the matter.

If this issue is down to a bona fide excuse that the club wish to hide to protect Steele's privacy then the simple answer to get their story straight and to come out publically and support Steele and not allow speculation to run rife tarnishing his reputation . Contrary to this the club are actually contributing to this with their handling of the matter.
Even if it means the club are copping the unjustified stick they should man up and take it to protect their player.

Unfortunately they are not protecting their player at all and are throwing him under the bus and we wonder why the blokes who play for us won't run through brick walls etc for us. Maybe the answer lies there

q-money
07-11-2014, 11:29 AM
pinto spilt my cider once

GazFish35
07-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Contrary to this the club are actually contributing to this with their handling of the matter.

not knowing how the sitaution is developing, the club may well be making the right noises as the situation changes.
I wasnt sugegsting they have finally arrived at the most suitable explanation.... but that at the time each explaination was in itself the most suitable.

I agree that the story changing isnt great - but maybe the story needs as the situation changes AND importantly they haven't said anything that directly contradicts previous statements.

how im seeing it.....

player is not tarining well and get dropped
"poor trainer" (a reason used by Popa to much praise and fan fare - and mother clubs and managers worldwide)
player cracks the shits about being called lazy....
"injury" (to let player save face after essentially calling him lazy, get him back into the fold ASAP - or maybe he actully got an innjury after increasing his intensity at training)
player announces he'll be back at training
player thinks '**** this shit' and goes AWOL (for god knows why - maybe he is a poor trainer and cant be arsed to improve - or maybe somethign personal has happened)
"player needs to take some leave" (how else can the club de-escalate? they cant trot out the "injury" or "poor trainer" lines again as he'd announced he'd be back at training)

Theres so many assumptions flying around its ridiculous.
if they stay with the "poor attitude" story the players pisses off and fans weep - there was massive outcry when he was first dropped for this reason.
they couldnt stick with the "injury" story as he'd announced he'd be back at training.

if it was "personal reasons" from the start, going public with it opens a whole can of worms that they might have wanted to avoid, - I'd agree that if it was case of personal matters then "poor trainer" wouldnt have been the best course of action.
BUT I cant imagine anyone in football when faced with a player with "persoanl issues" that required him to be dropped would think that saying publicly he was a poor trainer was the best course of action - surley you dont think so little of the PR mob to belive theyd make this error.

the only real slip up MIGHT have been if they changed their story from "poor trainer" to "injury" and being seen as giving in to player's ego.

but these are all assumptions

If theyd started this whole process by saying nothing when he was first dropped we'd all be crying foul that they dont tell us anything.
the only safe assumption is that the situation is unfolding and not the same as it was three weeks ago.

the statements the club have made follow a plausible timeline, and ive seen bigger and better clubs follow this storyline with bigger and better players.
why when faced with such little info we assume the worst is beyond me. By all means i think we should go to town on them when the club's PR clearly becomes BS but they are yet to condradict themselves on this matter.

the only Bus he's been thrown under is the "poor trainer" one...... a bus most seem to think he's been stadning i the way of for a while...... and as mentioned popa has been suing this bus on his players and the whole world have been circle jerking over it.

Jetmaster
07-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Some don't seem to realise that the difference between here and overseas is that we have things such as the Fair Work Act, Players Unions etc etc.

If an employee asks for confidentiality they are entitled to it, or else the legal beagles come down hard on the employer.

What is also forgotten is that Steele and Griff clashed at training a couple of weeks ago and it has gone downhill since that moment - first training attitude, then calf issue and now indefinite leave.

We'll hear the true story soon enough.

MFKS
07-11-2014, 12:55 PM
not knowing how the sitaution is developing, the club may well be making the right noises as the situation changes.
I wasnt sugegsting they have finally arrived at the most suitable explanation.... but that at the time each explaination was in itself the most suitable.

I agree that the story changing isnt great - but maybe the story needs as the situation changes AND importantly they haven't said anything that directly contradicts previous statements.

how im seeing it.....

player is not tarining well and get dropped
"poor trainer" (a reason used by Popa to much praise and fan fare - and mother clubs and managers worldwide)
player cracks the shits about being called lazy....
"injury" (to let player save face after essentially calling him lazy, get him back into the fold ASAP - or maybe he actully got an innjury after increasing his intensity at training)
player announces he'll be back at training
player thinks '**** this shit' and goes AWOL (for god knows why - maybe he is a poor trainer and cant be arsed to improve - or maybe somethign personal has happened)
"player needs to take some leave" (how else can the club de-escalate? they cant trot out the "injury" or "poor trainer" lines again as he'd announced he'd be back at training)

Theres so many assumptions flying around its ridiculous.
if they stay with the "poor attitude" story the players pisses off and fans weep - there was massive outcry when he was first dropped for this reason.
they couldnt stick with the "injury" story as he'd announced he'd be back at training.

if it was "personal reasons" from the start, going public with it opens a whole can of worms that they might have wanted to avoid, - I'd agree that if it was case of personal matters then "poor trainer" wouldnt have been the best course of action.
BUT I cant imagine anyone in football when faced with a player with "persoanl issues" that required him to be dropped would think that saying publicly he was a poor trainer was the best course of action - surley you dont think so little of the PR mob to belive theyd make this error.

the only real slip up MIGHT have been if they changed their story from "poor trainer" to "injury" and being seen as giving in to player's ego.

but these are all assumptions

If theyd started this whole process by saying nothing when he was first dropped we'd all be crying foul that they dont tell us anything.
the only safe assumption is that the situation is unfolding and not the same as it was three weeks ago.

the statements the club have made follow a plausible timeline, and ive seen bigger and better clubs follow this storyline with bigger and better players.
why when faced with such little info we assume the worst is beyond me. By all means i think we should go to town on them when the club's PR clearly becomes BS but they are yet to condradict themselves on this matter.

the only Bus he's been thrown under is the "poor trainer" one...... a bus most seem to think he's been stadning i the way of for a while...... and as mentioned popa has been suing this bus on his players and the whole world have been circle jerking over it.

You make some reasonable points although you are giving those blokes who run our club far too much credit for being competent when the reality is we are not a well run outfit.

Some don't seem to realise that the difference between here and overseas is that we have things such as the Fair Work Act, Players Unions etc etc.

If an employee asks for confidentiality they are entitled to it, or else the legal beagles come down hard on the employer.

What is also forgotten is that Steele and Griff clashed at training a couple of weeks ago and it has gone downhill since that moment - first training attitude, then calf issue and now indefinite leave.

We'll hear the true story soon enough.The privacy issue isn't the matter. As mentioned no one is harping on about that. The club can make up what ever bullshit they like to hide the real reasons with a clichéd answer of personal reasons family matter etc

The issue lies in that they are doing a pretty poor job at hiding something

GazFish35
07-11-2014, 01:16 PM
You make some reasonable points although you are giving those blokes who run our club far too much credit for being competent when the reality is we are not a well run outfit.

i think in this instance they have been competent.
on other matters and taking a historical view, I agree with you.

lil_masi
07-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Saw on twitter a guy having a go at Jonny Steele about being a party boy, and Jonny tweeted back "Nothing to do with nite life and beaches! To do with ones well being and happiness"

newi24-2-08
07-11-2014, 10:55 PM
My source tells me Johnny is causing a few problems within the squad. Most notably with two other young local players. Been given a 2 week "break" by Stubbins.

Retro Jet
08-11-2014, 01:19 AM
My source tells me Johnny is causing a few problems within the squad. Most notably with two other young local players. Been given a 2 week "break" by Stubbins.

Yeah...encouraging them to go off and get sh!t tats

Move on....

Allimpic
09-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Johnny is a wanker... Here for a holiday... Probably gets chicks but is a jerk... Taking Birraz and Galloway with him.. They hang out...

Neville peps and Kanta are a group

Carney and griff...

A seperate groups... Poor montano...

Should all hang together

Jetmaster
09-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Really.....as long as they aren't raping women and getting in fights I don't care what the guys do in the clubs. The game was over.

All teams have their little social cliques - the main thing is they play together.

Tommyjet
09-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Just read some of his tweets. Seriously doesn't want to be here. A nyrb's fan said Steele should of been in dc with them (referring to new yorks clash against dc united) to which he replied " I know but sometimes we make decisions we regret".
Good bye johnny

redwah
09-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Just read some of his tweets. Seriously doesn't want to be here. A nyrb's fan said Steele should of been in dc with them (referring to new yorks clash against dc united) to which he replied " I know but sometimes we make decisions we regret".
Good bye johnny

Get rid of him if this is the case. We've struggled for to many years to carry anyone who doesn't want to be here.

mervan
09-11-2014, 06:12 PM
He's gone

Jeterpool
09-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Steele has been a failure. There's no way back if that's the case.

Tommyjet
09-11-2014, 06:34 PM
If he does go and let's say the club actually looks to replace him, foreign left back? Or another fast creative winger?

Jeterpool
09-11-2014, 06:46 PM
we need a left back, I think

hawk
09-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Get rid of him if this is the case. We've struggled for too many years to carry anyone who doesn't want to be here.

this x 10000

Premy
09-11-2014, 07:07 PM
If he does go and let's say the club actually looks to replace him, foreign left back? Or another fast creative winger?

International ball playing holding midfielder.

GazFish35
09-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Sign a local and move on.

belchardo
09-11-2014, 09:45 PM

Betting men would go with this.

plague
09-11-2014, 11:28 PM
International ball playing holding midfielder.

Jobe

10-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Jobe

+ 1

MFKS
10-11-2014, 11:56 AM

Sign Taggz up

pv4
10-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Jobe

http://i.imgur.com/rQ6hkDD.png

Tommyjet
14-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Club statement saying allowed Steele to go back to the u.s to be with family during his leave of absence. Hope Stubbs is scouting for a replacement

weston
14-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Didn't mind the look of Steele too much in Townsvile. Did alright in the first 2 games. But he hasn't showed anything to be upset about if he never comes back. If he isn't going to come back with 100% passion and willing to play etc. than he can stay away.

As a replacement we need a left back more than anything else. Carney sure as hell doesn't stay there and Galloway, wl yeh Galloway, no more needs to be said.

Grimario
14-11-2014, 02:02 PM
As a replacement we need a left back more than anything else. Carney sure as hell doesn't stay there and Galloway, wl yeh Galloway, no more needs to be said.

Gallaway hasn't played left back yet this year, has he? It's been Carney or Gallagher... and maybe Hoole late in one game?

Jeterpool
14-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Gallaway hasn't played left back yet this year, has he? It's been Carney or Gallagher... and maybe Hoole late in one game?

He played left back against City when Hoole came off and Carney went forward...I think

Or maybe that was Perth

Footyhead
14-11-2014, 02:16 PM
He played left back against City when Hoole came off and Carney went forward...I think

Or maybe that was Perth

Doesn't really matter, whenever he played he was shit

Tommyjet
14-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Get in George McCartney, another nthern Irishman

pv4
14-11-2014, 02:46 PM
What I think we can all agree on is if we do replace Steele, it HAS to be with someone British. Otherwise, a non-British import will just not know football the way a British footballer would.

q-money
14-11-2014, 03:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKhDympucFg

MFKS
15-11-2014, 12:55 PM
High time this bloke was brought back from Coventry.

At least he seemed to give a **** on the park in the 2 games he played unlike the other posers who disgraced the city regularly.

What price Johnny has said a few home truths to the coach/club about the circus they run and has been ostracised for it??

WE WANT JOHNNY BACK

sammydog
15-11-2014, 12:59 PM
What price Johnny has said a few home truths to the coach/club about the circus they run and has been ostracised for it??

We were talking about this at the game last night and think thats what happened as well.

15-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Whatever has happened seems to have happened just prior to the Nix game and has had an effect on the entire camp. Since the Nix game it has been a shambles and me thinks extends far beyond just Steele having a crack at someone.

Jeterpool
27-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Anyone heard or got an update on him? It's all gone quiet.

BodyNovo
27-11-2014, 04:10 PM
his instagram is just photos of him living it up in NYC

safe to say i think he's finished with us.

question now is, are we going to get someone to replace him.

Jeterpool
27-11-2014, 04:18 PM

Need to formally release him first, I guess. We have 2 spots left then (Baressi injury)

belchardo
27-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Need to formally release him first, I guess. We have 2 spots left then (Baressi injury)

i think the more pressing question is did we dump him, did he dump us, or did we mutually part ways? makes a big difference on the $$$ depending on the answer I think.

Jeterpool
27-11-2014, 05:01 PM
i think the more pressing question is did we dump him, did he dump us, or did we mutually part ways? makes a big difference on the $$$ depending on the answer I think.

No doubt.

Beeen
27-11-2014, 05:10 PM

Ryu :whistling:

Tommyjet
27-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Ryu :whistling:

No thanks

Thomas477
27-11-2014, 06:56 PM
**** Ryu, only wants to play a few games so he can go back overseas.

And wasn't Celeski Baressi's replacement?

joel31
27-11-2014, 07:25 PM
**** Ryu, only wants to play a few games so he can go back overseas.

And wasn't Celeski Baressi's replacement?
no. Celeski was signed as part of the A-League squad