PDA

View Full Version : Stubbins = He's Out (pg 47)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Thomas477
14-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Bloke is completely out of his depth.

No desire to win, happy to draw at home. No idea what he's doing with his tic tacs.

Why'd we get rid of Gary again?

By the by, Nick Theo still has point points than Stubbins has. He lasted 7 games.

Stubbins Out!

Grimario
14-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Not going to happen. No money.

Dream the dream though.

Thomas477
14-11-2014, 10:37 PM
I'll keep fighting the good fight then.

The Dunster
14-11-2014, 10:45 PM
As poor as he is I blame the khunts that hired Stubbins more than I do Stubbins.

la bazzle
14-11-2014, 10:48 PM
So I wonder what dodgeness is going on

weston
14-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Stubbins... Don't "turn up" Monday.

14-11-2014, 11:00 PM
As poor as he is I blame the khunts that hired Stubbins more than I do Stubbins.

This and what Thomas says. Middleby and Baartz next decision regarding the club should be that they will never make another decision regarding the club and resign there posts.

Stubbins is out of his depth and ideas and should do a crooky and f^&k off also.

joel31
14-11-2014, 11:08 PM
I agree

plague
14-11-2014, 11:20 PM
Terry Butcher 2.0

joel31
14-11-2014, 11:31 PM
I have the inclination to give him more time. This is his first proper management position. (A-League is a big step up from Thailand). But if in another few months time and he hasn't learnt, tactically or otherwise then I will start to call for his head

boz-monaut
14-11-2014, 11:34 PM
FIFA have just released a summary report stating that he's doing a fantastic job

Tommyjet
14-11-2014, 11:42 PM
The bloke got off his seat once in the second half and then even then said very little. He needed to get off his arse and put a rocket up a few jokers out the instead of slouching in his bunnings chair and accepting defeat very early. The players saw no passion from their coach and in turn responded by playing out the last 20 min like effort wasn't even needed.

Thomas477
15-11-2014, 12:06 AM
If we lose or draw next week, he will have had the same amount of points gained as Nick Theo, who got sacked. Miss you Con.

We got around 10.8k crowd tonight? I reckon we'll get closer to 10k next week then start dropping significantly. Hopefully the club will take action by then, but i doubt it.

Jetmaster
15-11-2014, 12:17 AM
We will not be trying another coach this season, at least till we have the cash - pointless conversation.

judge
15-11-2014, 12:43 AM
This blokes come out in the press saying how much pressure Mike Mulvey and the Roar are under. So after tonight's performance how much pressure is he under.
We will not be trying another coach this season, at least till we have the cash - pointless conversation.

Grimario
15-11-2014, 12:46 AM
This blokes come out in the press saying how much pressure Mike Mulvey and the Roar are under. So after tonight's performance how much pressure is he under.

Absolutely none whatsoever. Tinks has all but walked away, FFA aren't going to jump in and then make their first bit of expenditure the sacking of the coach.

sammydog
15-11-2014, 12:59 AM
Until FFA or another owner step in, what we have now is what we will have.

The sad thing is, tonight game went out on free to air. Gallop looked less than impressed on the pitch at half time.

What needs to happen is for tinks to be pissed off. Either the FFA or someone buy us (FFA more likely), then re-evaluate what needs changing in the club back room. Until that happens, the same shit will be dished out. Sad thing is, I am not sure we have hit rock bottom.

Is Stubbins GVE in a mask, or was GVE not the problem all along??

Premy
15-11-2014, 09:23 AM
If we lose or draw next week, he will have had the same amount of points gained as Nick Theo, who got sacked. Miss you Con.

We got around 10.8k crowd tonight? I reckon we'll get closer to 10k next week then start dropping significantly. Hopefully the club will take action by then, but i doubt it.11,050

Edit: sorry it was 10,216, 11,050 is our average.

howardyou
15-11-2014, 10:22 AM

The sad thing is, tonight game went out on free to air. Gallop looked less than impressed on the pitch at half time.

What needs to happen is for tinks to be pissed off. Either the FFA or someone buy us (FFA more likely), then re-evaluate what needs changing in the club back room. Until that happens, the same shit will be dished out. Sad thing is, I am not sure we have hit rock bottom.

We will actually have cash once the FFA stops pretending Tinkler still owns the club. They're already paying the bills anyway. It will be in their best interest to ensure that we are competitive.

Stubbin's coaching doesn't seem to have a style of play about it..... Or if he is impressing his style upon the players, they're not listening.

Blackmac79
15-11-2014, 10:25 AM
I blame tinkler more than anyone.

lquiquer
15-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Wander if in this week Herald, Stubbins will declare: WSW are not coping under pressure? Or is Baartz going to ask for patience But we should be right Billy is the missing link isn't he?

Thomas477
15-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Calling it now, we'll give WSW their first win of the season. The league can't have the asian champs on the bottom!

#goodguyjets

sammydog
15-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Wander if in this week Herald, Stubbins will declare: WSW are not coping under pressure? Or is Baartz going to ask for patience But we should be right Billy is the missing link isn't he?

But we are rebuilding, work in progress and all all that.

AGAIN

15-11-2014, 11:22 AM
I blame tinkler more than anyone.

Ya kidding are you not ?.

At what point do these blokes Stubbs included have a crack for the shirt. I could not care less if the grim reaper himself owned the club, If you have any sense of pride you have a go, If not for themselves then the fans at the very least.

Stubbs biggest problem is he has been delusional in his appraisal of our performances when blind f%^&'n freddy could see we have been shit. He has refered to our effort against the Victory as an indicator and expectation for a good performance last night. Any Mong could tell our result against the Victory was an assy one. One goal from a corner and one a pen, Never looked like bothering the Victory keeper from general play.

These so called pro footballers embarrassed our shirt deluxe last night, No excuses.

Jeterpool
15-11-2014, 01:26 PM
But we are rebuilding, work in progress and all all that.

AGAIN

Still

Jetmaster
15-11-2014, 02:20 PM

Maybe, just maybe, Gallop was thinking..."we are going to have to do something about this."

weston
15-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Maybe, just maybe, Gallop was thinking..."we are going to have to do something about this."

RIP Newcastle Jets

MFKS
18-11-2014, 12:06 AM
PHIL Stubbins doesn’t plan to park the bus just yet but the Jets coach is considering a more conservative approach.

The Jets, ninth on two points, have adopted horses for courses tactics in the opening six games.

In the process they have conceded a whopping 14 goals – the most in the league – and have a negative-nine goal difference.

Eight goals have come in a 4-1 loss to Wellington in New Zealand and 4-0 defeat to Brisbane at home on Friday when attempting to get on the ‘‘front foot’’.

‘‘We have to accept where we are at,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘Trying to go out and win the [Roar] game was possibly a mistake by myself.

‘‘Thinking we were in a position to go out and play in a way that we could break them down, playing two up top, it never really worked.

‘‘Do we take stock and defend what we have got? Set the game plan up not to lose the game as opposed to trying to win the game?

‘‘With evolution comes progression. The only way we are going to progress is by having time together and being able to get the balance right between defending, and also trying to set the team up to win the game in a way that is more proactive with the ball at our feet.’’

After sitting deep in a scoreless first half against Brisbane, Stubbins changed to a more aggressive 4-4-2 formation with disastrous results.

‘‘We played a pretty dull brand of football in the first half,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘We wanted to try to change things up and get on the front foot. Changing the formation perhaps dented, not only the resolve, but the wall we had in front as a defensive unit.

" ‘‘It happened against the Roar, we capitulated very early on in the second half.’’ - – PHIL STUBBINS "

‘‘Luke Brattan was certainly one who picked us off at certain moments.

‘‘We got stretched and as a consequence of that we suffered the first goal. Thereafter we never really recovered.’’

A big turnover in personnel, combined with late arrivals, players returning from long-term injuries and others suffering setbacks made for a disrupted pre-season.

That has flowed on to the opening six rounds, in which the Jets have been a yard or two behind their rivals in most areas.

‘‘We have lacked the chemistry the players get from playing time after time,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘To have a back four that has not played consecutive games together in a very strong competition is obviously an area a good side can exploit. We are getting our players back now. That is the positive thing for us.

‘‘We are starting to get some parity in condition with everyone on an even keel.

‘‘We have a good group. There are some things in the group we need to improve on, a lot of those are mental.

‘‘We have spoken about conceding goals early in the second half and late in games.

‘‘It happened against the Roar, we capitulated very early on in the second half.’’

The Jets have failed to make the finals for the past four seasons and have firmed into $2.85 favourites for the wooden spoon this campaign.

They left a place open on the roster, are yet to replace Josh Barresi (knee reconstruction) and could have another vacancy if, as appears likely, Jonny Steele doesn’t return from the US.

The A-League transfer window opens in January.

‘‘If you are a club that has not achieved for so long, how long do you keep trying to wrap people in cotton wool and say it is OK it will be right next week,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘When do you start saying it is not good enough and we need to start making changes. I’m in that process of working out which is the best way to go.’’

Seriously am i reading too much into these statements or is every other person in Newy also seeing issues with them??

Grimario
18-11-2014, 12:15 AM
‘‘Thinking we were in a position to go out and play in a way that we could break them down, playing two up top, it never really worked.

No shit. You played Caravella on the right wing and your right back spent most of his time defending in the middle of the ****ing pitch. Your two central midfielders are both deeper playing players, neither of them got forward to link with the two up front. And then when you did change it up, you brought on a ****ing defender to play in midfield! No ****ing wonder it didn't work, you complete ****ing fraud.

He has no pace to play defensively and on the counter... Virgili and Hoole would be our quickest, I think, and you wouldn't exactly call either of them lightning fast at an A-League standard. Guess we are playing 4-5-1, lump it forward to Montano, hope we can win a free kick and grind out 1-0 wins from set pieces.

****ing hell :(

The Dunster
18-11-2014, 12:48 AM
When do you start saying it is not good enough and we need to start making changes. I’m in that process of working out which is the best way to go.

Wake the **** up Stubbins. You were supposed to get this shit sorted out in the pre-season ffs.

After six years of shit the time for experimenting has long since past.

Start winning games or fall on your sword.

Frodo
18-11-2014, 08:32 AM
I'm actually happy to hear that he had a game plan. It failed miserably... but at least they had some sort of discussion on how they were going to play.
Kew at right wasn't an experiment, he had played there in the past, but he was just poor on friday. The midfield was an experiment because it was Celeski's debut. This week will be a big test of his mettle as a head coach.

Thomas477
18-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Wait, we went out to try to win that match?

Looked like we parked the bus quite early in the first half.

GazFish35
18-11-2014, 09:29 AM
two up front?

did this happen?

Jeterpool
18-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Seriously am i reading too much into these statements or is every other person in Newy also seeing issues with them??

I'd rather us attack than sit back and try and defend a 0-0 from the get go.

That's a worrying.

I was coming in here to turn over a new leaf and get back behind the team today after the weekend, but this just makes me shake my head again.

He started very well in what he was saying, and I was feeling confident, but the longer this goes on the trust and belief that he can make the change is waning.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not calling for Stubbins head, but I want to see more from not just the team but also from him this weekend than simply sitting in his chair watching. There's no point complaining about what he's got because he's got what he has so he needs to get the best out of them until January when we can use the two free spots (Baressi injury spot & assuming Steele leaves) to attract other players. However I fear by then the ship may have sailed.

Jeterpool
18-11-2014, 09:48 AM
two up front?

did this happen?

Yeah it did, but I don't know if this was the first time we tried it this year.

I remember in the pre-season game against the Nix, we had Griffo in behind, Neumann out wide and it was actually going ok. Griff is wasted out wide.

pv4
18-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Wait, we went out to try to win that match?

Looked like we parked the bus quite early in the first half.

My thoughts exactly when reading it.

I fail to remember a time this season when you could consider Stubbins' gameplan to NOT be defensive. Wasn't the Roar game the first that a centre back DIDNT play centre mid?

We've played 2 holding mids every game this season. How much more conservative an approach can you get.

pv4
18-11-2014, 10:17 AM
two up front?

did this happen?

Against the Roar Griff went up front with Montano for that 20mins or so before he was subbed

Blackmac79
18-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Griff-Montano
Hoole-Flores-Kanta-Neuman
Carney-Dash-Kew-Neville
BK

Not ****ing hard.

18-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Bloke should be punted before the weekend for his quotes regarding trying to win the Brissy game.

Frigg'n disgrace to himself and the club to even endorse such a halfwit.

Frodo
18-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Griff-Montano
Hoole-Flores-Kanta-Neuman
Carney-Dash-Kew-Neville
BK

Not ****ing hard.

That team would be carved apart. We need two DM's because we always give away the ball and our fullbacks get caught out in the opposing half.
Monty can play up front by himself, that's his game. We need Celeski and Flores in the middle of the park so that we can have some confidence on the ball. Dash and Kew should do well together within a game or two. Neville at right back is big must but if he is injured we need to sort that out. Carney and Gallagher will be fine at left back, one more of an attacking option than the other. Nuemann needs to start some games. I bet he doesn't even know everyone else's names he's played so little football. Maybe if we hadn't had half a first team of injuries when the season started we might have some consistency but Stubbins definitely has NOT managed to embed any sort of 'philosophy' or 'playing style' in this team yet.

Give him the season to see what he can do to the club, but if these perfomances continue and the FFA don't want to buy us off Tinks we might be driving a little further to watch football games in the next few years. I don't see more than 5000 people coming to the game to watch us play as bad as we have been this year.

plague
18-11-2014, 11:06 AM
two up front?

did this happen?

I think he meant to say "Kew up front".

Grimario
18-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Give him the season to see what he can do to the club, but if these perfomances continue and the FFA don't want to buy us off Tinks we might be driving a little further to watch football games in the next few years. I don't see more than 5000 people coming to the game to watch us play as bad as we have been this year.

That's a great idea. Then we can get to the end of the season, finishing in last spot whilst Stubbins goes through the motions, re-signing half of the shit players and letting go half of the good ones. Then he gets the boot, new bloke comes in and we start yet another ****ing rebuilding phases whilst he uses the excuse of not having HIS players in the squad. Pyramids were built quicker than it has taken us to rebuild after winning the GF, ffs.

18-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Why not , he was everywhere else Friday that he should not have been.

Tommyjet
18-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Adopt a similar gameplan to the wanderers dare I say, stay compact and solid in defence, break quickly with the aim of getting in behind the fullbacks. They also crowd areas forcing opposition players into long switches which they pounce on if ill directed. Zane basically had us playing the 442 version of it last season. I'd go with
Birras
Nev. kew. Dash. Gallagher
Celeski. Kanta
Hoole. Griff. Carns
Monty

Ps. Not saying we have to play as dour as they play, just set up similarily

Grimario
18-11-2014, 11:15 AM
break quickly
Hoole. Griff. Carns
Monty

Hmm....

Hoole would be the only one that might be considered quick in that lot these days.

pv4
18-11-2014, 11:19 AM
--------------Biraz--------------------
Neville--Kew--Madaschi--Gallagher
--------------Celeski------------------
Hoole-------------------------Carney
--------------Flores-------------------
---------Griff--Jeronimo-------------

Give us 1 game of that pls.

Frodo
18-11-2014, 11:28 AM

That's a decent line-up. No-one other than defenders really weak on the ball, maybe Nuemann and Hoole have a few stray passes in them. Gallagher won't overlap Carney so we won't be caught out there. Neville and Hoole can interchange.

If we go 1-0 up and want to defend a lead, bring Monty up front and bring on Kanta/Pepper/Caravan on for the other striker. We can then play 4-5-2.

The only thing i like different to what you have PV4 is maybe play 4-1-2-2-1 and let Griff drop deep to get the ball as well as Flores, let Nuemann drag defenders wide and play off the shoulder. If Griff then wants to join him up front we are 2 on 2 in attack with a little pace and Flores ability to pick out a pass.

Tommyjet
18-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Hmm....

Hoole would be the only one that might be considered quick in that lot these days.

True, quicker ball movement then, doesn't have to be leg speed although it obviously helps

Frodo
18-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Also, it would be great to have the option on bringing on Big Monty in the 70-80th minute to out muscle tired defenders and cause havoc. Just send up some long balls when we are chasing the game in the last quarter, as will probably happen many times this year. Even if you're playing poorly, anyone can score from a goal mouth scramble if you can get the ball in there and have a bit of luck.

BodyNovo
18-11-2014, 12:06 PM
I don't think Jeronimo and griff can play together up front, they both play the same style, trying to get in behind whereas montano likes to come for the ball and hold it up.

In the game Jeronimo started besides the goal he was shit, didn't come for the ball once. Love PV4s lineup but I would swap montano for Jeronimo.

Grimario
18-11-2014, 12:11 PM

Unless you have Hoole and Carney playing narrow, that means one man in the middle. Absolute destruction.

parksey
18-11-2014, 12:19 PM
stubbins sounds like moyes.

i love it how our coaches always seem to lament a lack of preparation time (despite the a-league having the longest pre-season in world football) and a large turnover of players (despite the fact that it's the a-league and every ****ing team has the same problem every ****ing season).

it's actually embarrassing. up until the roar game i didn't really have an opinion on stubbins either way, but now i think he's clearly out of his depth and has to go.

Rocknerd
18-11-2014, 01:13 PM
I like PV4's line-up too, with the team we have that's the best we can hope for. As for Phil....... I was hesitant when wr signed him as he's not exactly the guy on anyones radar, but now that he's spomen and shoen what he can do, I'm afraid that my girls will never know a winning mentality in Newy.
Too many excuses, not enough arse kicking and too much putting players and laughable line-ups together. I'd send him to hang out with Theo alla season two and give miron a call. We need someone who has proven credentials and charisma.

Beeen
18-11-2014, 01:29 PM

Isn't Welsh a centre half?

I'd place him over Madaschi in that formation and probably swap pepper in for celeski.

seldom
19-11-2014, 02:00 AM

What ?... No Chile

Jeterpool
27-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Stubbins out. He should have shot back at Hutchos better than "that's disrespectful". Hutcho bags our club, our record and our stadium. Don't let that prick off so lightly. I'm limiting the talking I do over the weekend so I can save it for a verbal barrage at that scum Hutcho

Should have interviewed griff. Would have been more entertaining

Tommyjet
27-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Stubbins out. He should have shot back at Hutchos better than "that's disrespectful". Hutchos bags our club, our record and our stadium. Don't let that prick off so lightly. I'm limiting the talking I di over the weekend so I can save it for a verbal barrage at that scum Hutcho

To be honest I couldn't really give a shite what hutcho has to say and I think stubbins was the same. Hutcho will be without his minder (Montgomery) this Sunday so I'd rather see our response to his comments shown against him on the pitch rather than in some chit chat during the week. The way I see it, our club has the potential to be one of the better in the comp under the right ownership. His beloved club only has the potential to be moved to north Sydney or somewhere else in the future. As the years roll by I have no doubt who's the better club will be

Jeterpool
27-11-2014, 08:43 PM
To be honest I couldn't really give a shite what hutcho has to say and I think stubbins was the same. Hutcho will be without his minder (Montgomery) this Sunday so I'd rather see our response to his comments shown against him on the pitch rather than in some chit chat during the week. The way I see it, our club has the potential to be one of the better in the comp under the right ownership. His beloved club only has the potential to be moved to north Sydney or somewhere else in the future. As the years roll by I have no doubt who's the better club will be

Fair enough. Hutcho on TV just made me fill with rage

hawk
27-11-2014, 09:38 PM

Newcastle has always been a club the other is a camp.

sammydog
27-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Fair enough. Hutcho on TV just made me fill with rage

It all just sounded a little to manufactured and predictable to me, from both of them.

Its almost like the FFA marketing department handed them a script.

The jets twitter feed response to it just made it look even more manufactured.

q-money
27-11-2014, 10:18 PM
stubbins should have just called him a tuna eating keyunt and got on with it

**** hutcho, but he is the rivalry ffs

i'll clap the bloke when he retires (****)

legit only reason i care about this stupid league

parksey
27-11-2014, 10:28 PM
he's 100% right too

GazFish35
27-11-2014, 10:34 PM
It all just sounded a little to manufactured and predictable to me, from both of them.

Its almost like the FFA marketing department handed them a script.

The jets twitter feed response to it just made it look even more manufactured.

Just like the Arnie "parramatta isn't the most intimidating away trip" spiel, coupled with the "wonderland is too small for the derby" lines.

Having said that, the league is only ten years old, it's all manufactured.

My2BobsWorth
28-11-2014, 06:29 PM
he's 100% right too

That's what I thought too, but he's still a wanker.

BodyNovo
01-12-2014, 10:44 AM
theodore was punted last week in version 2 for a better start

stubbins lucky tinks hasn't got the money to pay him out

4 points in 8 games, top 4 out of sight and when wello roll us top 6 out of sight

FFA can you guys take some action plz

idontwannaplaywithhowey
01-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Until we get new owners, all the player and Stubbins are here to stay. No money to pay out contracts, so we are stuck with this rubbish for a while yet.

Jeterpool
01-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Until we get new owners, all the player and Stubbins are here to stay. No money to pay out contracts, so we are stuck with this rubbish for a while yet.

More of a chance to turn it around, some might say. :gent:

But you're dead right. We will not be changing coach this year without new owners.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
01-12-2014, 11:13 AM
More of a chance to turn it around, some might say. :gent:

But you're dead right. We will not be changing coach this year without new owners.

That is probably a better way of looking at it. The reality is that Stubbins hasn't been too impressive, but he doesn't have a great deal to work with imo.

MFKS
01-12-2014, 11:43 AM
That is probably a better way of looking at it. The reality is that Stubbins hasn't been too impressive, but he doesn't have a great deal to work with imo.

Complete and utter shit that he doesn't have much to work with. There is little wrong with our players

It is the work he does with what he has that counts.

Get the ****s fitter than everyone else. Give them a simple game plan. Get them well drilled to operate as a ****ing team and work harder than everyone else and play for each other.

Epic failure on all fronts from Stubbins

sammydog
01-12-2014, 01:05 PM
I'm with the member. there is absolutely nothing wrong with our squad except coaching and fitness.

Stubbins is the problem but he isn't going anywhere (like the team).

leftrightout
01-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Wasn't this the guy Adelaide fans wanted for their team? Those thoughts are long gone for those pricks!

The Dunster
01-12-2014, 01:11 PM
As much as I think Stubbins is out of his depth I think those that hired him should be the first to go.

Time after time the powers that be have appointed the wrong people. Until those clowns go we have no hope of success.

Grimario
01-12-2014, 01:13 PM
As much as I think Stubbins is out of his depth I think those that hired him should be the first to go.

Time after time the powers that be have appointed the wrong people. Until those clowns go we have no hope of success.

Clowns are like they are because of direction from the top. Whole organisation is rotten to the core and nothing will change till Stinkler is gone. Once he ****s off and the decisions are made for football and not dollars, don't expect anything to improve or anyone to be accountable for constant **** ups.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
01-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Complete and utter shit that he doesn't have much to work with. There is little wrong with our players

It is the work he does with what he has that counts.

Get the ****s fitter than everyone else. Give them a simple game plan. Get them well drilled to operate as a ****ing team and work harder than everyone else and play for each other.

Epic failure on all fronts from Stubbins

Ill admit that he hasn't done as much with the team as he should have. But I certainly stand by my comments that the squad isn't at all balanced, and the players just aren't that good. The fault for that may lie with Stubbins and his recruitment, but it's more likely to do with the overall situation at the club.

lquiquer
01-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Lastly, ban the mariners band- the gayest thing i have ever seen, are they the ex marching koalas???????
More like the muppet show... Sure Gonzo was in bay 11

joel31
01-12-2014, 05:22 PM
I'll give Stubbins til round 15 before I can properly assess him. We must remember that this Adelaide side had a poor start to last year and everyone wanted Gombau out

parksey
01-12-2014, 05:37 PM
I'll give Stubbins til round 15 before I can properly assess him. We must remember that this Adelaide side had a poor start to last year and everyone wanted Gombau out

they were no where near as bad as we are though.

they actually played some nice football and that shone through in the end.

Grimario
01-12-2014, 05:37 PM

They went 1-3-4 in the opening games... the difference (apart from the win) is you could see some semblance of what Gombau was trying to implement. What the **** is Stubbins trying to implement here?

parksey
01-12-2014, 05:50 PM
sign mulvey

Grimario
01-12-2014, 05:52 PM
sign mulvey

Sign joel31.

traffic light
01-12-2014, 05:59 PM
problem is- if we continue the poor results, excuses, shinanigans from the jets, we will never sign players again, decent players, will stay away, as in 10 years the club has been in disaray, also watching the game, its very sad, when there was more travelling mariners fans then the apparent squadron fans of 20, and most young ring ins whilst parents sitting elswhere.
Lastly, ban the mariners band- the gayest thing i have ever seen, are they the ex marching koalas???????
That is an embarressment for our supporters who cant be othered helping out sometimes.

Should give the squadron plenty of credit. I could hear them all game from the top western stand.

They are a small group that tries hard to give us a voice.

The only noise for the coasties was the stupid brass dildo munchers.

hawk
01-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Before we hang the gaffer lets have a transparent approach.

I'd like every player to state 1 thing they like about stubbsys coaching and one thing theyd like to see him introduce to improve team performance.

Be intresting to see if it matches what we think from the stands.

plague
01-12-2014, 10:05 PM
What the **** is Stubbins trying to implement here?

Consistency.
seems to be working.

hawk
06-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Wonder what einy has in store for our boys today :shock:

MFKS
06-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Before we hang the gaffer lets have a transparent approach.

No **** that.

I would just love to know why a side who have been raped by Nix Victree Roar playing a high defensive line play a high defensive line today??

Considering Nix have speed to burn and we are slow and we got caught out 3-4 times in the first half yet got away with it can someone explain the intelligence of persisting with this ploy in the second half??

Sooner or later they were gonna spring the offside trap yet we don't adjust and change the tactic with the ridiculous high line and an offside trap.

Sure enough thats how the first goal comes and the rest is history

FMD How clueless can you be???

sammydog
06-12-2014, 11:20 PM
GVE played the same tactics against the nix for the same results.

When they have pace up front and we have slow defenders, why would you do that?

hawk
06-12-2014, 11:20 PM
No **** that.

I would just love to know why a side who have been raped by Nix Victree Roar playing a high defensive line play a high defensive line today??

Considering Nix have speed to burn and we are slow and we got caught out 3-4 times in the first half yet got away with it can someone explain the intelligence of persisting with this ploy in the second half??

Sooner or later they were gonna spring the offside trap yet we don't adjust and change the tactic with the ridiculous high line and an offside trap.

Sure enough thats how the first goal comes and the rest is history

FMD How clueless can you be???

Calm done on the qmong :dry:

ok i'll try...This comment was aimed at players thoughts. Mine are quite different. Might need to actually take note of some other posts

I clearly remember telling you last game on how to fix our pathetic defence.

btw is Stubbins your bro??

MFKS
06-12-2014, 11:33 PM
Calm done on the qmong :dry:

ok i'll try...This comment was aimed at players thoughts. Mine are quite different. Might need to actually take note of some other posts

I clearly remember telling you last game on how to fix our pathetic defence.

btw is Stubbins your bro??

What you said it would be a good start.

Still can not beleive we persist with this tactic of the 4-3-3 shit we play.

There was one instance i noticed today BK had a goal kick in the first half and took it from the centre of the goal. With no intent other than hoofing it long.

We had Nev/Carney hugging the right touchline
We had Hoole/Gallager hugging the left touchline
We had Griff/Montano in the Centre of the park
We had a backline of 2 in Kew and Madaschi

Poor ****ing Peppz and Kanta had to plug the huge hole in the middle.

With the team having NFI which way the ball was going and **** all support no great surprise we lost the ball.

Contrast this to Nix long kicks where they plugged 20 players into a 30x20m space and made sure it came into a contest to win the first ball and if they failed they could then try for the second contest/3rd contest etc until it cleared the melee

Seriously how inept do we have to be to continue to park players constantly on the sidelines in attack and not condensing the field of play??

MFKS
06-12-2014, 11:41 PM
This was written pre season

Newcastle Jets manager Phil Stubbins believes the club now has the right ingredients to end its drought of not making the A-League finals.
By
Greg Prichard

12 Sep 2014 - 11:35 AM UPDATED 12 Sep 2014 - 9:37 PM

Newcastle Jets is the only existing A-League club that hasn't made the finals at least once in the past four seasons. It is an awful record that makes the challenge for Stubbins obvious. But how does he propose to do it?

Stubbins told TWG it is about getting the approach right off the field as well as on it, ensuring there is improvement in all of the areas where improvement is always possible and adopting a playing style aimed at keeping the ball on the ground, being creative in attack and stout in defence.

"It's not just what we do on the pitch, but off the pitch," Stubbins says. "The clubs now at the forefront of the A-League have got themselves very good protocols in place and it's all streamlined into effectively helping the results on the pitch.

"Our club has done a terrific job in terms of key aspects in that area and we need to raise the bar on the playing front as well. We need to have the right objectives in place if the players are to attain a finals position each year.

"We've got over 10,000 members who come along every year to watch the team, which is fantastic and shows the region is well behind the Jets."

Brisbane Roar and Central Coast Mariners are the only two clubs to have made the finals in each of the past four years. Western Sydney Wanderers also has a 100 per cent record of qualifying for the finals during that time, although it has only been in existence for two seasons.

Melbourne Victory and Adelaide United each made the finals three times and missed once. Sydney FC, Perth Glory and Wellington Phoenix each qualified twice and missed twice.

Melbourne City, in its former existence as Melbourne Heart, made the finals once and missed three times.

Gold Coast United qualified once and missed once in its last two years of existence. North Queensland Fury, another now-defunct club, missed in its last year.

A long injury list has contributed heavily to some disappointing pre-season results for Newcastle, but Stubbins is optimistic the trade-off will be that most - if not all - of those players who have been out will be back fit and well for the start of the season.

The Jets have never been far away from the top six during the period in question, finishing seventh three times and eighth once, which increases the coach's belief the club can make up the gap by lifting in the right areas.

"It's all about the one percenters at the end of the day," Stubbins said.

"If we can do things slightly better right throughout our footy department, everyone working hand in hand and embracing the challenges the club faces - which all clubs face - that would augur well for us to get those extra points over the course of a campaign to make the finals.

"The A-League is a difficult competition, a strong competition, a vibrant competition, and everybody wants to win it, or certainly to be in the finals, and we're no different.

"Where we stand today, we've got a bit of work ahead of us, and that's in recognition of the fact we have to get our players back from injury. There's been five or six players out on a constant basis.

"Getting them back will improve our environment, create more of a competitive edge and help us to prepare between now and the start of the season."

Asked what style of football he wanted the team to play, Stubbins replied: "We want to play a good, vibrant brand of football. We want to get the ball down on the deck and play.

"But at the end of the day it's all about results, so I think we need to be slightly pragmatic at times and be able to adjust our game plan according to who we're playing.

"Marcos Flores is coming into the team and it's been well documented that Marcos is the first number 10 that we've had at the Jets for quite some time. He's a genuine playmaker so we're looking forward to using what he brings to the table in terms of his strengths.

"And we've got a couple of exciting strikers in (Edson) Montano and Jeronimo (Neumann).

"Andrew Hoole is back from his shoulder reconstruction, we've brought Jonny Steele over, Billy Celeski has come to the club. Billy’s got a great pedigree and I think the team will rely heavily on him as well as the season moves forward.

"We'll be a footballing side and hopefully have that edge and that steel that the Jets have always been proud to associate themselves with and which is a mirrored image of the community here.

"They're all pretty honest and hard-working people in this region and that's how we want the team to be when we don't have the ball. When we do have it, we want to have the invention and creativity that makes for entertaining football.

How many things in it are actually turned out to be true??

hawk
06-12-2014, 11:47 PM
These are the same players that lead 1-0 into the 2nd half. if we could park a boring bus we could have had few 1-0 wins by now.

So nix played to their strengths a got a result albeit through the usual way of us not even trying to defend after the 60th minute.

Yep our attack is average but our defence is woeful at times. How good are we at throwing away 1-0 leads.

Waiting for the capitulation every game is as predictable as 5'o'clock Charlie.

MFKS
07-12-2014, 12:14 AM
These are the same players that lead 1-0 into the 2nd half. if we could park a boring bus we could have had few 1-0 wins by now.

So nix played to their strengths a got a result albeit through the usual way of us not even trying to defend after the 60th minute.

Yep our attack is average but our defence is woeful at times. How good are we at throwing away 1-0 leads.

Waiting for the capitulation every game is as predictable as 5'o'clock Charlie.

To be honest we did not deserve to lead though. Nix butchered it in the first half every time and if it wasn't for Griff being great we never offered much the first 70 mins.

Even at HT and a 1-0 lead we were not motivated enough to come out and show the desire that said we actually want to push on and win the game.

Seriously how can a side not even find enthusiasm from the scoreboard being a positive for them???

De-Champ
07-12-2014, 10:48 AM
For once I agree with MKFS, as I see it, game after game, Stubbins does not seem to be able to work out the other teams tactics and how to counter act them. In addition when he makes substitutions, they do not seem to change the game, or at least hinder the other team. When other teams make substitutions they invariably lead to game changing events.

Hunter403
07-12-2014, 10:53 AM
What seems apparent to me is that Stubbins, from what he says in interviews and from his selections and substitutions, from his inability to motivate his squad, from the obvious lack of fitness in the squad, isn't up to this standard required.

Options: (in no particular order)
1 keep him for more of the same
2 Zane for a second run
3 find a foreign manager. Could be an assistant somewhere like Gombau was
4 find someone already in the country with experience eg, Kosminan or Aloisi
5 find someone in the country without A league experience such as Rudan

I'd prefer 3 or 5. 2 would be acceptable.

1 and 4 are crap options really so we will probably go with those

pv4
07-12-2014, 11:30 AM
I'm becoming more and more certain that stubbins is the issue, along with Bridges. The British mentality just doesn't fly.

I remember reading Tony Adams' Addicted many years ago, and he talked in length about how he hated when Ian Wright would score before the 70th minute as it meant the opposition had too much time to equalize. This is the exact British mentality I'm certain Stubbins subscribes to. A Gombah or basically any other HAL manager gets a goal ahead and thinks "yes, let's lump the pressure onto them even more". Whereas bridges and stubbins chat on about "consolidating a lead" and counting the minutes until the opposition score a reply (Bridges said this through the week ffs).

This mentality is clearly not working for our team. Get a coach in who will let the squad (who on paper are better than 4 points from however many games) flourish, rather than this British rot in our club atm.

Stubbins and Bridges out.

Tommyjet
07-12-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm becoming more and more certain that stubbins is the issue, along with Bridges. The British mentality just doesn't fly.

I remember reading Tony Adams' Addicted many years ago, and he talked in length about how he hated when Ian Wright would score before the 70th minute as it meant the opposition had too much time to equalize. This is the exact British mentality I'm certain Stubbins subscribes to. A Gombah or basically any other HAL manager gets a goal ahead and thinks "yes, let's lump the pressure onto them even more". Whereas bridges and stubbins chat on about "consolidating a lead" and counting the minutes until the opposition score a reply (Bridges said this through the week ffs).

This mentality is clearly not working for our team. Get a coach in who will let the squad (who on paper are better than 4 points from however many games) flourish, rather than this British rot in our club atm.

Stubbins and Bridges out.
I agree stubbins and bridges out but seriously can't see it happening until we get new owners, and I don't mean the FFA because they won't change a thing. The new owners, if/when that happens need to come in with a clear idea what our style/identity should be. Be in Spanish like Adelaide, Dutch, German or Anglo. That will be decided by them with hopefully some input from fans. Until then all I can see is the same words being said by stubbins about working hard etc and similar performances happening.

07-12-2014, 12:44 PM
We need somebody to quickly shove a purchase contract under the nose of Mike Ashley while the bloke is still off his face after the victory over Chelsea. Naturally it must contain a clause that says RM and Stubbs can get the F^&K out of here.

The Dunster
07-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Kaz Patafta would ne a better option than Stubbins.

furns
07-12-2014, 01:42 PM
We need somebody to quickly shove a purchase contract under the nose of Mike Ashley while the bloke is still off his face after the victory over Chelsea. Naturally it must contain a clause that says RM and Stubbs can get the F^&K out of here.

Ashley was never interested in the Jets.

lquiquer
07-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Ashley was never interested in the Jets.

Nobody interested in the Jets....Club will not sale, Tinkler will give it away for peanuts or walk away

Rocknerd
07-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Resigning GVE was ridiculous, then we replacedhim with a 3rd rate coach who was last scene in Adelaide as a second and then trotted off to lower leagues Asia to be be a mediocore coach there. He's not set any league on fire and won't with these tactics and formations.
Tinks is to blame by not having any vision of selling a good product rather than a shit one.
In summary
#tinksout
#midlbyout
#stubbinsout
#shithouseuncommittedplayersout.

parksey
07-12-2014, 04:45 PM
yeah he's gotta go

have we changed the formation we've started once this season? you would think that, as a coach, you would be looking at making some serious tactical alterations when you're team hasn't won a game for 9 weeks, but obviously old mate stubbo hasn't cottoned on yet.

parksey
07-12-2014, 04:46 PM
"nah she'll be right we just need to talk to the lads about their mental strength"

belchardo
07-12-2014, 04:52 PM
does anybody think he shouldn't be out? i thought the argument was divided between those that want him out now, and those that think he won't be sacked while tinks is paying the bills.

lquiquer
07-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Stubbins was mostly up on the side line barking instructions till Nix scored and scored and scored. Then Stubbins was mostly sitting down on the bunnings chair like the world just ended for the rest of the game.........shouldn't it be the time he should be more vocal???...... And he is questioning his players lack of mental toughness!!!!!!! Should get a mirror for Xmas if Tinks can afford it! Stubbins OUT

Tommyjet
07-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Personally I think there is more going on behind the scenes than what we know. By this I mean what has been alluded to before, ie certain players signed that stubbins didn't want. I get the feeling that there is a lot of interfering going on and that its not just the lack of results having stubbins less positive than he was at the start of the season. Pure speculation on my behalf tho

WolfMan
07-12-2014, 07:22 PM
does anybody think he shouldn't be out? i thought the argument was divided between those that want him out now, and those that think he won't be sacked while tinks is paying the bills.

I was willing to give him a go, and he can't shoulder all the blame for such ineptitude at every level.

But his unwillingness to try something different, or his audacity to blame the 4-4-2 not working on the 20 minute stint he gave it once the match has worn out his welcome in my mind.

I am also realistic and understand nothing will change until the owners do

hawk
07-12-2014, 08:06 PM
true, money is the driver here so lets put in a cheap caretaker or griff player/coach.

What I dont understand is that we are competitive for 65 minutes then fall into a gastric heap. This means our players have the goods to beat these other so called top teams.

joel31
07-12-2014, 09:13 PM
What I dont understand is that we are competitive for 65 minutes then fall into a gastric heap. This means our players have the goods to beat these other so called top teams.
our sports science i.e. training 4 times a week for like 90 minutes at low intensity is really paying off to get the results we deserve

plague
07-12-2014, 10:06 PM
how hard is it to get blokes ready to play for 90 minutes each week by maybe, you know, training at game level intensity for 90 mins all pre-season til it becomes second ****ing nature?

if having a jog then going for a schnitzel was a national comp then we'd be well up the top of the table.

boz-monaut
07-12-2014, 10:12 PM
yeah but if the Jets spent all their time training there wouldn't be time to get sleeve tats

it's about priorities mate

lquiquer
07-12-2014, 10:31 PM
how hard is it to get blokes ready to play for 90 minutes each week by maybe, you know, training at game level intensity for 90 mins all pre-season til it becomes second ****ing nature?

if having a jog then going for a schnitzel was a national comp then we'd be well up the top of the table.

A couple of latte, lots of tweets and we are champions

q-money
07-12-2014, 10:38 PM
and plague said burning down dineaway was a bad idea

this is why he is first against the wall

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01568/mao_1568761c.jpg

plague
07-12-2014, 11:11 PM
and plague said burning down dineaway was a bad idea

this is why he is first against the wall

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01568/mao_1568761c.jpg

You burn down Dineaway, they go to Georgeous George at Civic Delights. You burn down Civic Delights next thing you've got Galloway and Pepper eating KFC Double Downs.

It's the war on drugs all over again mate, you want to close the injecting rooms rather than teach the junkies that men in Lonsdale pants and Nike bumbags are not their real friends.

pv4
07-12-2014, 11:20 PM
yeah he's gotta go

have we changed the formation we've started once this season? you would think that, as a coach, you would be looking at making some serious tactical alterations when you're team hasn't won a game for 9 weeks, but obviously old mate stubbo hasn't cottoned on yet.

Tbf we've been playing 4231 most of the season but on the weekend we played an old fashioned 442

q-money
07-12-2014, 11:33 PM
four four poo amirite

GazFish35
08-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Given that we have no money today for a replacement, are we prepared for Michael bridges to be the boss?

pv4
08-12-2014, 08:56 AM
Given that we have no money today for a replacement, are we prepared for Michael bridges to be the boss?

Does anyone know exactly what coaching qualifications Bridges has? I mean papers, FIFA documents, etc. Not just experience in clicking the stopwatch when we score.

EDIT: on that topic, would he even be qualified enough to actually be our head coach, even as interim? Doesn't the FFA demand that the head coach need some level of certification?

Jeterpool
08-12-2014, 09:00 AM
If he were to go, I suggest it would go back to Zane.

sammydog
08-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Does anyone know exactly what coaching qualifications Bridges has? I mean papers, FIFA documents, etc. Not just experience in clicking the stopwatch when we score.

EDIT: on that topic, would he even be qualified enough to actually be our head coach, even as interim? Doesn't the FFA demand that the head coach need some level of certification?

I didn't think he had them yet, but I can't back that up.

Surely though if the unlikely was to happen and Stubbins was punted, Zane would have to be given another crack if we went the cheap option.

Hearing Stubbins go on about a mentality issue stopping us converting a lead into a win is doing my head in. Can he not see the fitness levels in large part screwing us over from the 60th minute? Maybe thats a large part of not being able to finish the game off.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
08-12-2014, 09:13 AM

I am definitely not interested in that.

weston
08-12-2014, 09:46 AM
If we were 5-0 up at the 70th minute. I am still unsure if we could hold onto that.

I've never really pushed hard for a manager to be shoved aside but I really do think Stubbins is the worst manager we have had and I can't wait for the day he leaves.

pv4
08-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Hearing Stubbins go on about a mentality issue stopping us converting a lead into a win is doing my head in. Can he not see the fitness levels in large part screwing us over from the 60th minute? Maybe thats a large part of not being able to finish the game off.

I did think it was interesting that he was seemingly happy to point the finger at the players. That's one sure way to get the players on your side, to get them to fight for you so you'll keep your job :rof: I'm not saying he's wrong (nor am I saying he's right) but if he needs his players to dig deep, I'm not sure pointing the finger at them is going to work. Look where it got GVE.

But this mentality thing - Stubbins has mentioned it after pretty much every single loss this season. And apparently, in round 10, it's still an issue. To me, this is another sign that we do not have the right coach to fix our issues. I once again blame the British mentality of Stubbins and Bridges.

Jeterpool
08-12-2014, 09:56 AM
I did think it was interesting that he was seemingly happy to point the finger at the players. That's one sure way to get the players on your side, to get them to fight for you so you'll keep your job :rof: I'm not saying he's wrong (nor am I saying he's right) but if he needs his players to dig deep, I'm not sure pointing the finger at them is going to work. Look where it got GVE.

But this mentality thing - Stubbins has mentioned it after pretty much every single loss this season. And apparently, in round 10, it's still an issue. To me, this is another sign that we do not have the right coach to fix our issues. I once again blame the British mentality of Stubbins and Bridges.

I mentioned this to LiverJet on the way out on Saturday, that I bet he'd mention mentality of the players in his first interview, which he has apparently done on the radio today. It's a broken record and if it's a problem, as you say, why hasn't he fixed it or more importantly is he incapable of fixing it? He seems to be able to identify it as an issue yet not respond. Is this then clouding his judgement to other issues, like fitness as Sammydog mentioned?

I said at the beginning of the year I'd give him time before I judge him. So far it's not looking good because I don't know if he has the leadership qualities to motivate the team or the ability to adapt our play to exploit the oppositions weakness.

pv4
08-12-2014, 09:57 AM
This pretty much sums up what I wrote the other day about Stubbins/Bridges score-too-early mentality, vs the majority of the rest of the coaches in the league (from The Herald (http://bit.ly/4kb77v)):

Merrick replied: ... ‘‘I felt more from our point of view, if you notice our games, when we score one – we have driven into the mentality of ‘Go for another, go for another’. Don’t ever sit back on one or two goals.

hawk
08-12-2014, 10:43 AM
This pretty much sums up what I wrote the other day about Stubbins/Bridges score-too-early mentality, vs the majority of the rest of the coaches in the league (from The Herald (http://bit.ly/4kb77v)):

Well its all right,
cause were a goal in front
weve gotta sit right back
till we, fvck it up

Grimario
08-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Well its all right,
cause were a goal in front
weve gotta sit right back
till we, fvck it up
But when have we actually sat back to absorb pressure? We just get out of shape, have zero fitness to get back into position and let the opposition waltz through chasms in the ****ing backline.

Pretty sad indictment of how the club is run that Clive Palmer's driver had us in better shape than whoever the **** is prepping us for 60 minutes of football this season.

MFKS
08-12-2014, 10:56 AM

When Zane was installed after GVE got the flick and Bridges was the assistant he did not have the coaching qualifications to sit on the bench. The only way he was able to sit on the bench was as a player named in the match day squad. That came from one of the coaches at the club.

That was only earlier in 2014. Whether he has got them since would not know but it would be a bit hard to find the time between deserting the Yoof team he coaches to **** off to Brasil for the WC or ****ing off to get selfies at EPL games when his side were playing in the GF.

joel31
08-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Please no to Bridges

Bon
08-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Please no to Bridges

Fvck it.. We are already such a joke..
Give him the top job, just so that I can get some laughs out of pv4 frothing at the gash.. :grin:

joel31
08-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Fvck it.. We are already such a joke..
Give him the top job, just so that I can get some laughs out of pv4 frothing at the gash.. :grin:
it is true that we can't get much worse than we are now

The Dunster
08-12-2014, 01:53 PM
The club need to address the fans and explain to them why they chose Stubbins as manager given he has absolutely no pedigree as a manager at A-League level.
If his appointment was based on his time in Thailand then Middleby and Co should hand in their resignations - as Stubbins acheived nothing there either.

De-Champ
08-12-2014, 02:51 PM
I would say his appointment was based on that he was the only one available for the money the Jets offered. I can't see any other coach in the A League being on less money than what he is on.

Grimario
08-12-2014, 02:55 PM
I would say his appointment was based on that he was the only one available for the money the Jets offered. I can't see any other coach in the A League being on less money than what he is on.

Zane? If we were going to go with a dirt cheap option, he was the way to go.

Stubbins is club going for the second cheapest option in the hopes it has some upside.

halo se7en
08-12-2014, 04:54 PM
I guess i'm playing devil's advocate but why change tactics when you're 1-0 up? And on Saturday he didn't even have time to blink before we were suddenly 3-1 down and considering the rest of the season, as if the players were EVER going to fire up and get the goals needed, no matter how much he barked and barked at them.

I'm also not sure exactly how he can just rock up to training and change the mentality of the players as if it's a switch. I'd be more inclined to blame him for not signings players with the right mentality in the first place. We clearly have players who don't care, and every draw and loss only cements their lack of giving a shit even further. How the **** do you convince these so called "professional" footballers to give a shit when they have nothing to play for and they're staring down the barrel of a wooden spoon. Some players probably already have their agents on the phone lining up their next contract elsewhere.

Until the head is chopped off, we're ****ed.

Mark325
08-12-2014, 05:12 PM
May do nothing, may do everything but by the end of this game, if we lose or draw again I would say give Zane another go. At this point can zane actually do worse?

If he doesn't work, let griff coach us. He's not a-league level but I'd be damned if he wouldn't put his heart and soul into firing those boys come game day and I know for a fact that with griff as coach I wouldn't be fed bullshit week after week

WolfMan
08-12-2014, 06:45 PM
I'd be happy to give Zane another shot. He really didn't do all that badly IMHO

joel31
08-12-2014, 08:02 PM
he still wasn't great tactically. I think it was away to Perth or something when the flow of the game was clearly against us but he didn't change anything and we threw away a lead or something

Grimario
08-12-2014, 08:03 PM
he still wasn't great tactically. I think it was away to Perth or something when the flow of the game was clearly against us but he didn't change anything and we threw away a lead or something

Well, he was put in as Ass Man (Billy Gunn, where you at?) so he could learn from Stubbins. If he looks at everything Stubbins has done and does differently, he will be a heap better than he was last season.

MFKS
08-12-2014, 09:30 PM

The thing is this. HE may not be great but he is still better than the bloke doing the job now.

Forgetting the fact we did not make the semis last season the thing that did impress me with Zane was that for the first tie in ages we actually tried to attack at home. We never done that under GVE and we don't under Stubbins. At least under Zane we looked for a second goal and didn't park the bus to the extent we did under GVE or try to under Stubbins

Jetmaster
09-12-2014, 11:06 AM
On Linkedin this morning...

Michael Bridges has a new job.

Now Newcastle Jets Soccer Coach 1st Team & NYL team at Newcastle Jets Football Club.

Say congrats

late_to_the_game
09-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Noticed the same thing.....just updating and means assistant?

judge
09-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Yeh great so we'll go from stupid stubbins to clueless clayton. They've both got NFI, we need a clean out from top to bottom, management too. We haven't hit rock bottom yet, there'll be more pain for jets fans.

belchardo
09-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Yeh great so we'll go from stupid stubbins to clueless clayton. They've both got NFI, we need a clean out from top to bottom, management too. We haven't hit rock bottom yet, there'll be more pain for jets fans.

what makes you think there is a bottom?

Grimario
09-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I don't think we have hit bottom yet.

WolfMan
09-12-2014, 03:31 PM
I wasn't heralding Zane as the answer, but it's becoming ever-clearer that Stubbins isn't either. That being the case, why not give a local lad a chance to pad his portfolio?

Also, his media presence is refreshing. I bet he'd call a spade a damn shovel!

joel31
13-12-2014, 12:43 PM
hes had time and I don't see enough positives so I will finally join you guys in saying Stubbins Out

furns
13-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Newcastle Jets coach Phil Stubbins in no mood to walk away from fight

http://gu.com/p/446ec

hawk
13-12-2014, 10:20 PM
As a coach we all go through the highs and the lows

OK numbnuts, what are the highs? All youve had are lows.

You're a useless flog & a fraud, fk off.

MFKS
13-12-2014, 10:37 PM
OK numbnuts, what are the highs? All youve had are lows.

You're a useless flog & a fraud, fk off.

I am liking the straight shooting and to the point opinion Hawk :sup:

My2BobsWorth
14-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Zane can fukoff too and join Stubby at the dole office. Common denominator.

MFKS
14-12-2014, 08:39 PM

If it means Bridges joins them then that's a sacrifice I am prepared to take.

You capable of handling that???

joel31
14-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Bridges is the common denominator. We've been in the bottom half every season since hes been working for the club

pv4
14-12-2014, 10:33 PM

:rof: at bringing up the notion of the common denominator

Jeterpool
14-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Bridges is the common denominator. We've been in the bottom half every season since hes been working for the club

We've also been in the bottom half each season Henrique has played for Brisbane. Henrique out

pv4
15-12-2014, 07:16 AM
We've also been in the bottom half each season Henrique has played for Brisbane. Henrique out

I wonder how many common denominators there is across the entire league, and not just within our own team..

belchardo
15-12-2014, 10:08 AM
I wonder how many common denominators there is across the entire league, and not just within our own team..

since fox sports started broadcasting the a-league, there has not been enough tara, lara and mel on-screen. common denominator: andy harper and Robbie slater.

hawk
30-12-2014, 07:33 PM
that is a coach sacking result. An assitants bum crack will do better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RoOwSKI7M

Grimario
30-12-2014, 07:50 PM
One can dream but unless he has performance requirements in his contract, we don't have the coin to do it. And RM isn't wise enough to put that kind of clause in.

lquiquer
30-12-2014, 08:02 PM
If he had any pride he would resign.... And I don't mean re-sign

Hunter403
30-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Banner at next game

plague
30-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Hasn't given up a lead for 3 weeks now.
Bloke is progressing.

baldrick
30-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Season half over.

1 win. Wouldn't cut it in any other league in the world.

It's time for Phil to go.

Tommyjet
30-12-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm fully on board now gtfo stubbsy

pv4
31-12-2014, 07:39 AM
I'm even more confident now that Stubbins has to go.

Realistically, you bring in a coach to do one of two things:
1) win in the short-term (one season) and bring some glory back to the club
2) bring an overall idealogy/goal/system, but still be competitive in the short-term (like what Ange originally did at Roar and MV)

So we look at how Stubbins has done since he has come in:
Win short-term - absolutely fxxxing not
Have a noticable plan/ideology//goal/system that is evident, and you can feel will reap rewards - absolutely fxxxing not

His player recruitment was mostly older players, or Montano is a one-season loan. Granted, the side probably did need an influx of older heads, but signing older players indicates that you're planning for the short-term moreso than the long-term.

The fact that we won against Adelaide was the absolute killer. We didn't deserve that victory, we were so lucky we didn't concede countless more goals. And what the issue with that win was, it gave what felt like a bandaid fix to the situation. So Stubbins thinks that this 3 at the back, with wide midfielders not used to defensive work, is a grand idea because he knocked off the pissants on a day where they were severely unlucky not to score more. And he thinks that should work from now on. Rather than actually utilise a system which is sustainable.

The fact that he changed the formation, what, 4 times last night spoke very loudly to me. I once had a coach who told me a good way to judge a coach is to see how many formation changes he makes. And I'm judging Phil as a poor coach.

So we have a coach who has got us 1 win out of 13 season games. We have played zero games, home or away, where the team was convincing, and deserved to win. We have played zero games, home or away, where the team has looked the better team of the two. We have played zero games at home where the crowd has been excited.

Time for Stubbins to be removed. I don't have the answers as to whether his contract states he gets a pay-out for being sacked, I don't know if he has KPI's set in his contract (but after the GVE debacle, I fail to see how Jerks management wouldn't put that in any new coaches contract!) - but he needs to go.

q-money
31-12-2014, 09:06 AM
get deans in

proven derby winner

A.J.
31-12-2014, 09:16 AM
Time for Zads Lads to become Clackas Knackas and start a petition. Anything better than Stubbsy

pv4
31-12-2014, 09:19 AM
Are the Zads Lads now the Carneys Crew, or is that a whole different bunch?

It's just that I saw a poorly-done sign, barely anyone standing near it, and just figured it was them. Quacks like a duck, innit.

A.J.
31-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Considering everyone they've supported has ****ed off, maybe they can start going through our whole team

LiverJet
31-12-2014, 09:31 AM
On Twitter this morning

@robertdillon174: There is a rumour circulating that @NewcastleJetsFC have sacked Phil Stubbins. I called CEO Robbie Middleby and he says it's NOT TRUE.

lquiquer
31-12-2014, 09:38 AM
On Twitter this morning

@robertdillon174: There is a rumour circulating that @NewcastleJetsFC have sacked Phil Stubbins. I called CEO Robbie Middleby and he says it's NOT TRUE.

On twitter this morning
@lquiquer: @robertdillon174 @Gatty54 rumour circulating that Middleby has been sacked, I called @NewcastleJetsFC and Stubbins said he wasn't

pv4
31-12-2014, 09:49 AM
On Twitter this morning

I wonder if Dillon was able to get to the bottom of why it ISN'T true..

Tommyjet
31-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Stubbins' mantra at the start of the season was creating a hardworking team environment. He has failed miserably with this. It has taken until rd whatever this is to get a team that isn't dying of exhaustion after 60 min, something that should be covered in preseason.

Game day hard work seems barely existent too, especially from our fearless leader as he slouches on his bunnings chair like a uni student at a boring lecture. Our midfield is near non-existent. Everyone faps over caravella working hard but are very misguided. His legs move very fast going nowhere and when he does go on one of his little dashes forward to pressure the opposition Centrebacks i can hear kanta's groans as he is left with 3 to mark in the middle.

Anyway I've kinda gone off topic. STUBBINS OUT

hawk
31-12-2014, 09:57 AM
One can dream but unless he has performance requirements in his contract, we don't have the coin to do it. And RM isn't wise enough to put that kind of clause in.

Who is suggesting he needs to be replaced?

Having no one is costing nothing & is better than stubbs.

GazFish35
31-12-2014, 10:21 AM
The solution is obvious.

We can't sack him, so make him the kit man.

ANDO IN!

ForeverRed
31-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Garden duties for stubbins

plague
31-12-2014, 10:40 AM
On Twitter this morning

@robertdillon174: There is a rumour circulating that @NewcastleJetsFC have been doing a good job.I called CEO Robbie Middleby and he says it's NOT TRUE.

Cheap shot but **** em.

plague
31-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Garden duties for stubbins
But it's such a nice new pitch FR. Do you want that turned to shit as well?

MFKS
31-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Cheap shot but **** em.

No plague you missed your chance there

Timing is crucial and all that shit

MFKS
31-12-2014, 10:43 AM
But it's such a nice new pitch FR. Do you want that turned to shit as well?

He appears pretty good at putting shit on the pitch most weeks :whistling:

plague
31-12-2014, 10:45 AM
He appears pretty good at putting shit on the pitch most weeks :whistling:

Oh I did enjoy this post v.much.
Well in sir.

Buddha
31-12-2014, 11:52 AM
He had this smug look on his face all game of, "I know they can't sack me cause they have no money"

Give Pascoe a go, at least he's winning more than one game with our youth team

Thomas477
31-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Can't wait to see Palestine play better than us against Japan.

Local Rules
31-12-2014, 12:42 PM
He had this smug look on his face all game of, "I know they can't sack me cause they have no money"

Give Pascoe a go, at least he's winning more than one game with our youth team

Our youth team is sitting in the same position as us and was handed their asses by MV the other day. Two of our three wins in this grade have been against the AIS or whatever they are called and they only have a single point. The entire structure needs to be given an enema to clean the sh*t out and get something that is workable. I think we are seeing the effect of Jobs for the Boys now coming to the fore and the corrupt prctices of selecting based on family name or amount contributed is biting us on the arse. Get some real selectors who actually have a clue and not some numpties who have passed some courses and call themselves coaches to run the sides.

Thomas477
31-12-2014, 12:45 PM
I had a look at the teamsheet for the victory game, the goalie on the bench was Jesse Cook, the same guy that signed for Olympic in the NPL then got kicked out when Ireland was available, that was about 2 weeks before that game. Now he's a decent gk, and I'm not having a go at him, but it seems strange that you could sign for a NPL side, then when it didn't work out, suddenly get welcomed back with open arms in the youth.

Thomas477
31-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Just had a look at the past tables
14/15 - 7pts from 13 games
13/14 - 36/27
12/13 - 31/27
11/12 - 35/30
10/11 - 34/27

Even in 08/09, we got 18 from 21.

Stubbs is by far the worse coach we've had, ever.

redwah
31-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Looks like most of our problems could be solved if we had some money.....whoops sorry member I'm not allowed to put it down to that am I?

MFKS
31-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Looks like most of our problems could be solved if we had some money.....whoops sorry member I'm not allowed to put it down to that am I?

Money will not solve any of our issues.

Competent decisions will get us out of the hole as incompetent decisions have been made that have led us to this point

plague
31-12-2014, 09:42 PM

Bhahahaha, you think these assholes would do any better with twice the cash? Four times the cash?
All the best with that pal.

MFKS
31-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Bhahahaha, you think these assholes would do any better with twice the cash? Four times the cash?
All the best with that pal.

Precisely.

The last thing Middleby and Stubbins need is cash

The pair of them have shown repeatedly they don't know what they are doing.

Couscous
01-01-2015, 09:07 AM
I was really angry at Middleby over the state of the club. But then I read in the Herald this morning that he will conduct a full review this month, scrutinising all aspects of the Jets, including his own role.

No reason to deny him the benefit of the doubt.

MFKS
01-01-2015, 11:53 AM
I was really angry at Middleby over the state of the club. But then I read in the Herald this morning that he will conduct a full review this month, scrutinising all aspects of the Jets, including his own role.

No reason to deny him the benefit of the doubt.

You have to be taking the piss surely??:wacko:

If you are serious then

If a review is needed it should be done independently by someone not employed by the club and not attached to any of the chief decision makers at the club.
If Middleby is doing it there is a conflict of interest straight away.

If Middleby does the review and from his findings decides the CEO is doing an adequate job and doesn't sack himself after sacking Stubbins first then how competent was the review in the first place??

MFKS
01-01-2015, 12:06 PM
JETS chief executive Robbie Middleby says every aspect of the club's operations will be scrutinised during a mid-season review, including his own position.

First touted three weeks ago, the review will take place during this month's A-League intermission while the Asian Cup is in progress.

Newcastle play Sydney in Wollongong on Saturday and do not have another game until meeting Adelaide at Coopers Stadium on January 24, providing a 21-day window to dissect and analyse almost five years of mediocrity.

Not only have the Jets struggled this season, winning once in 13 games, but they also failed to reach the playoffs in their previous four campaigns.

In a statement on the club's website, Middleby said the club's operations, commercial and football departments all would be assessed.

"While the win against Adelaide and the performance against Victory were encouraging, the club's overall league position is not on track against the targets we discussed during the off-season," he said.

"We need to make some significant steps forward and improvements in the second half of the season, so I will take time during January to conduct a full review of the club, including all staff, coaches and players.

"After our match in Wollongong we have a three-week break to sit down with [chairman] Ray Baartz, [coach] Phil Stubbins, the coaching and administrative staff, and review the changes and personnel needed to take the club forward, including looking at my position and putting together plans for 2015-16. There will be a detailed review of our playing squad, including both current and potential new players to bring in."
Middleby said both Newcastle and the A-League needed "a competitive and sustainable" Jets and the club's members "deserve more from our performances".

"I will do all I can in the best interest of the club to make this happen," he said.

Now I have a couple of concerns with the bit I have highlighted red.

Why do we need a 3 week break for the CEO and Coaches to get together and have a chat about the current state of the team and the playing roster and who we need to release bring in etc?

Shouldn't this be a regular event where the coaches and CEO are in regular dialogue through out the season and discussing all matters involving the side??

Is Middleby unable to get out of the Office and down to Ray Watt to talk to Stubbins and co after training or even unable to get down to the sheds post game and talk to them??
Better yet is he unable to meet up with them at a coffee shop and chew the fat??
Is he unable to pick the phone up once a week and touch base??
Better yet is he unable to summon people who he is responsible for employing to attend his office from time to time to explain to him what the **** is going on??

Seriously what the **** is going on??

redwah
01-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Money will not solve any of our issues.

Competent decisions will get us out of the hole as incompetent decisions have been made that have led us to this point

Yeah it will. With more money we can get better people in all roles. We can improve in all aspects of the professionalism of the club, from junior development, to player nutrition, to training, to scouting , to travel, to personnel, to management, even down to merchandise. Money is everything in professional sport.

You wrote in another thread about new ownership structures and the need to spread the debt and the costs across a wider number of contributors....does this not mean that we need more people with more money?

I don't think the current club management does a good job, I do think they could do a better job with more money,
(Doesn't mean I think they'll do a good job, just better than what they are). If we had more money we wouldn't have hired stubbins, we wouldn't have needed to buy rejects and our junior development would be better.

Look I get that there are massive issues surrounding the jets, have been for ages. A massive broom through the club is needed. A cultural change is needed....but more cash would definitely help.

Thomas477
01-01-2015, 12:37 PM
So you basically want to give the keys to the lunatics in the asylum.

This would be interesting.

MFKS
01-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Yeah it will. With more money we can get better people in all roles. We can improve in all aspects of the professionalism of the club, from junior development, to player nutrition, to training, to scouting , to travel, to personnel, to management, even down to merchandise. Money is everything in professional sport.

You wrote in another thread about new ownership structures and the need to spread the debt and the costs across a wider number of contributors....does this not mean that we need more people with more money?

I don't think the current club management does a good job, I do think they could do a better job with more money,
(Doesn't mean I think they'll do a good job, just better than what they are). If we had more money we wouldn't have hired stubbins, we wouldn't have needed to buy rejects and our junior development would be better.

Look I get that there are massive issues surrounding the jets, have been for ages. A massive broom through the club is needed. A cultural change is needed....but more cash would definitely help.

Cash is only useful to you if you have the people in place with the intellect to spend it correctly.
I think we are sadly lacking in that area.

Give someone who is an alcoholic and likes a punt $5million and given time we will still have a broke alcoholic gambler. Give $5 million to someone who has the intelligence to invest prudently and in time we have a bloke with 2 to 10 times the wealth

I would also like to point out that up until this season and Tinks decision to cut costs and get out we have had a pretty reasonable level of funding under HSG. Never heard any gripes in the years under GVE when we had Heskey as a marquee that we were not being funded well.

The club management have had more money and have not done a better job. Sure we may have finished 7th and 8th etc than our soon to be last place etc but still not good enough for what resources we had at our disposal during HSG's early years running the club. Can give them all the money you want and we will still not be achieving.

Totally disagree that for the money we had to spend on coaches Stubbins was our only choice available. Plenty of other blokes would have taken the gig for similar coin and would have arguably done a better job than he has by having a fitter structured disciplined unit working together for themselves and their fans. That is something money can not buy and needs to be instilled. Yes we may have been shopping in the bargain basement for coaches but we still backed the wrong horse

As for my point about new ownership structures and a wider number of owners my thinking is more along the lines of not having 1 bloke like Tinks/Con blowing 1-2 million each year of their money funding the club. Have 5-6 owners blowing 200k-400k each. These people are gonna be much more receptive to losses of that extent than seeing 1-2million of their wealth going down the drain each year (which they could be making shitloads with if they were using the money for their own benefit) and are thus less likely to bail at short notice leaving the club/fans in the bind.

Grimario
01-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Stubbins wasn't the only choice but he was the choice the club could make to look like they weren't going the dirt cheap option (Zane).

**** all the talk of Mulvey in... I don't want us to recycle a coach, I want us to follow in the steps of Adelaide and build something long term.

lquiquer
01-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Stubbins wasn't even first choice, Arnie was but lack of money (And prob Arnold sniffing the rort) dictated Stubbins choice. Then Jerks told the Herald that Stubbins was "The" outstanding first choice candidate from the start....blah blah blah typical lies coming from clowns running the show. They sold a lie (Stubbins is only 1 exemple) to 10000 fans. They are still selling the lie with now their mid season review to make us believe they will fix it and all be good when we come back in February........#ClownsOut

The Dunster
01-01-2015, 01:28 PM

You won't get cultural change within any professional sporting organisation in Newcastle. It's simply not how things get done here.

You could bring in another management team but I'll guarantee you that the insular culture of this town will soon enough grind the new management / owners into the ground and bit by bit re-claim it as their own.

It happened to the Knights and it will happen to the Jets as well if they ever manage to find new owners.

My personal opinion is that the club will more than likely dissolve or be amalgamated with the.... you know the rest.

Couscous
01-01-2015, 03:50 PM
You have to be taking the piss surely??:wacko:

Please see my earlier post:

Let S = the seriousness of Couscous's post

Let Nx = the number of Couscous's post, such that SN1 is the seriousness of his first post, SN2 the seriousness of his second, etc. through to SNL being the serious of his last post.

SNL = ( SN1 + SN2 + SN3 ... + SN(L-1) ) รท ( L - 1 )

hawk
01-01-2015, 10:12 PM
"After our match in Wollongong we have a three-week break to sit down with [chairman] Ray Baartz, [coach] Phil Stubbins, the coaching and administrative staff, and review the changes and personnel needed to take the club forward, including looking at my position and putting together plans for 2015-16. There will be a detailed review of our playing squad, including both current and potential new players to bring in."

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab45/ddalip/animals/gandhijis4monkeys.jpg

Tommyjet
01-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Surely a few recruits (other than Mullen) would already be identified by now heading into the transfer window.

Actually who am I kidding, it will only be scrap heap type players

hawk
01-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Surely a few recruits (other than Mullen) would already be identified by now heading into the transfer window.

Actually who am I kidding, it will only be scrap heap type players

yeah but we want as many players as possible in and out. Heaps more fun

Thomas477
01-01-2015, 11:12 PM
Or we'll wait until the very last day and expect good players to still be available.

Couscous
02-01-2015, 09:54 AM
I'd like the see the results of a poll but I don't know how to create one. So I'll ask the question here:

After the Asian Cup, should Stubbins or GVE coach the Jets? (Only two choices, I'm afraid.)

Hunter403
02-01-2015, 10:24 AM
I'd like the see the results of a poll but I don't know how to create one. So I'll ask the question here:

After the Asian Cup, should Stubbins or GVE coach the Jets? (Only two choices, I'm afraid.)

That's an evil choice! Of the two I would choose Stubbins simply because I was so desperate to see GVE gone.

02-01-2015, 10:31 AM

No Gaz you are not getting another crack at the top job.

Tommyjet
02-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Gee I'd even rather see bridges thrown the job before seeing the third coming of gve. And that is saying a lot.

The Dunster
02-01-2015, 10:56 AM

You know the rules about polls.

Slobsy to win by a landslide.

Couscous
02-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Re GVE, I was always in the "his brilliant planning is on the cusp of working" camp. Just needed more time.

MFKS
02-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Gee I'd even rather see bridges thrown the job before seeing the third coming of gve. And that is saying a lot.

The sad thing is the 3rd coming of GVE would most likely be an improvement on where we are at now.

We would still be infuriatingly shite but more competitive at being this way

Raw Boned Youngster
02-01-2015, 11:30 AM
GVE has a proven track record of being tactically hopeless and of being emotionally immature. He was like that during his first stint and, despite his own belief that he had changed, he was exactly the same in his second. I notice that it doesn't appear that he has been exactly swamped with job offers since he got the axe with us.

Tommyjet
02-01-2015, 11:36 AM
The sad thing is the 3rd coming of GVE would most likely be an improvement on where we are at now.

We would still be infuriatingly shite but more competitive at being this way
We would probably play well against Brisbane and victory, still be utterly shite elsewhere

lquiquer
02-01-2015, 12:03 PM
GVE major error was to persevere with wanting to play from the back, high tempo shit possession game with players who were technically inept to do so. It worked better in 2007/08 because other teams were tactically behind at that time. Stubbins Out

Raw Boned Youngster
02-01-2015, 02:09 PM
GVE could talk the talk, but a quick look at the preparation and organisation of the teams that he put on the paddock, made it obvious he had no f&$@ing idea.
beyond the first pass, the players had no idea where they should be and, invariably, possession would be lost.
there was no structure in place at all and every team in the comp twigged and pressed high on us, putting pressure on and we became a team who lost possession in critical areas.
GVE was a complete imposter.

Thomas477
02-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Fact is under gary we were close to making finals. Stubbins we're closer to the spoon than the finals.

plague
02-01-2015, 02:16 PM
If you blokes didn't run Con out of town we'd be sitting pretty with Venables in the dugout right now.

You got what you wished for, deal with it.

MFKS
07-01-2015, 01:14 AM
According to Birraz twitter he is currently in Perth not Venezia

According to Birraz twitter he left for Perth on Saturday 3rd January.

Considering we had a game on that day what the **** is Stubbins doing allowing this to happen??

Thomas477
07-01-2015, 07:46 AM
According to Birraz twitter he is currently in Perth not Venezia

According to Birraz twitter he left for Perth on Saturday 3rd January.

Considering we had a game on that day what the **** is Stubbins doing allowing this to happen??

So does he was sick enough to not play, but he can fly to f****** Perth? Probably just on "personal leave", coz they aren't on holidays for long enough.

GazFish35
07-01-2015, 09:23 AM
Zenon was back up in north qld.

I think they've all got about 5 days off.

Got a press release somewhere......

Edit:

4 to 8 January inclusive - Coaching staff and players will be on leave.
9 January - Select players return to light training / rehabilitation at Ray Watt Oval.
12 January - Full team returns to training.

hawk
07-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Fact is under gary we were close to making finals. Stubbins we're closer to the spoon than the finals.

comparinring these 2 is like dumb & dumber. But who is which?

Grimario
07-01-2015, 11:44 AM
comparinring these 2 is like dumb & dumber. But who is which?

Would you rather have AIDS or cancer?

hawk
07-01-2015, 12:20 PM
http://content6.flixster.com/photo/49/86/44/4986448_ori.jpg

My2BobsWorth
07-01-2015, 06:11 PM
I'll call Stubby gone before the restart. Zane and Bridgey to steer.

MFKS
09-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Now the review which I thought would be a farce has some teeth and has claimed the scalps of Middleby and Baartz surely this bloke is a dead duck??

The issue to me is not the 1 win in 14

The issue to me is the boring playing style which sees us not actually pressure opponents take the initiative in games or better yet actually entertain the crowd.
We have not played good enough in 14 games this season to actually deserve to say we were the better side in the game(regardless of the scoreboard)

Sure you win games from time to time you don't deserve to and you lose games when you don't deserve to (thats football) but we have gotten exactly what we have deserved by not actually being the dominant team every week bar one win where we were still not the best side on the night just more clinical in front of goal than our opponent

Have a go you ****s and play the game to embrace the talents of our players not some GVE 4-3-3 inspired system and style that don't ****ing work with these blokes

Grimario
09-01-2015, 09:30 AM
That's not even the reason I want Nubbins gone though it's all true. I want him gone for delivering nothing but BS... where is the fabled "I want to play attacking football" that he raved about before the season? To then treat the FFA Cup like a pre-season friendly and dish turd after turd up on the park and then say "things are going well, we looked really good, bit unlucky" when nothing changed... **** off, Phil.

sammydog
09-01-2015, 09:43 AM
I don't like what Stubbins has done with the squad (a squad that I think is capable of top 4) and would love to see him gone, but hypothetically if he goes all we will see (like we will with Middlebys departure) is an internal replacement.

Some may say fine, they would be happy with Zane. My problem in this scenario is that Zane inherits a basket case that is getting worse by the day, he steps into a job with increasingly less resources where he has very little chances of doing anything but jeopardising future career prospects in coaching.

Like the CEO job, if stubbins goes, you would be crazy to step into the coaching role at this club until the new owners are found or the FFA takes control of the club.

Beeen
09-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Bring Deans in, gets us the derby victory then **** him off once the club is sorted.

BodyNovo
09-01-2015, 10:08 AM
if he ****ing played the best players in the team week in week out in there best positions

we would actually have won more than 1 game.

pv4
09-01-2015, 10:11 AM
if he ****ing played the best players in the team week in week out in there best positions

we would actually have won more than 1 game.

I want to see this, just once during this season:

-------------Biraz--------------------
Neville--Kew--Madaschi--Carney
-------------Celeski------------------
Griff--------Flores------------Hoole
--------Edson--Jeronimo------------

Tommyjet
09-01-2015, 10:20 AM

Murdered in midfield. I don't understand how anyone would expect celeski to hold the entire midfield together by himself. Celeski needs someone doing the donkey work like Milligan did for him at victree, thus allowing him to pick the passes and dictate play a bit.
Close to a very good lineup but not balanced.

pv4
09-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Murdered in midfield. I don't understand how anyone would expect celeski to hold the entire midfield together by himself. Celeski needs someone doing the donkey work like Milligan did for him at victree, thus allowing him to pick the passes and dictate play a bit.

Griff and Hoole actually track back, and put in defensive shifts. As opposed to other attacking wingers in the league.

And Neville is a machine, love him.

Carney will technically be a second midfielder with the amount he'll want to get forward.

I think that team would work. I'd love to see it just once this season.

Tommyjet
09-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Griff and Hoole actually track back, and put in defensive shifts. As opposed to other attacking wingers in the league.

Carney will technically be a second midfielder with the amount he'll want to get forward.

Replace celeski with a defensive minded midfielder. Someone like paartalu would make that formation sing, oh wait.......... He didn't sign with us.

Frodo
09-01-2015, 10:49 AM

Haha, "Griff tracks back", that gave me a solid giggle. Carney isn't a left back any more, if you've seen him play this year you should know that wastes his talents and exposes his weakness's.

Stubbins won't go, we can't afford to pay him out.

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 10:50 AM

While I tend to agree Tommyjet, I also think why not give it a go. We have nothing to lose.

Grimario
09-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Really wish promotion/relegation was a thing here so mediocrity wasn't as acceptable as our lot have let it become.

pv4
09-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Haha, "Griff tracks back", that gave me a solid giggle.

Watch the City game again and tell me Griff doesn't track back.

MFKS
09-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Watch the City game again and tell me Griff doesn't track back.

Yeah Griff tracks back but that is not what makes Griff a god.

Griff is of more use to us scoring goals and playing up front where he belongs. Not being asked to be a pack horse to do donkey work for the side.

Play the players where their skill sets are best utilised. Using him as a workhorse and not at the pointy end of our play is just screaming of stupidity from the coaching staff.

Grimario
09-01-2015, 11:10 AM

GK (both about the same, who cares)
Nev - Kew - Mad - Carn
Hoole - Celeski - Kanta - Flores - Jeronimo
Griff

borat
09-01-2015, 11:32 AM
GVE major error was to persevere with wanting to play from the back, high tempo shit possession game with players who were technically inept to do so. It worked better in 2007/08 because other teams were tactically behind at that time. Stubbins Out

I would agree with this to some extent but I think his biggest mistakes have always been in recruitment. He has signed some diamonds but a hell of allot of duds along the way. Then sticks steadfastly to the game plan regardless that the dud players he signed were not up to it. Would love to know what signings were his and what were pushed upon him, if any.

The stint at the AIS gave him this immovable belief that his game plan was the only way to play and sticking to it regardless of evidence to the contrary. In some respects its admirable that he stuck to his beliefs despite what the armchair coaches had to say, but in other respects it was just plain dumb to keep making the same mistakes over and over.

I would have GVE back over Stubbins in a heart beat, particularly considering the article today suggesting we have lined up an ex NSL coach. Has me fearing greatly that Kossie is on his way back to Newie

Jetmaster
09-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Agree with PV somewhat...play the Magnificent Seven (Kew, Carney, Celeski, Flores, Griff, Edson, Jeronimo) together, put whatever else you want around them.

They have 95% of the clubs experience and goals between them.

borat
09-01-2015, 11:47 AM

I actually agree that Celeski could hold that role on his own like a Paartalu or Bratten does. However for Celeski to work as a single midfield anchor we need to hold the ball infront of him and move the ball quickly in transition. If not Celeski is left chasing opposition midfielders and will be ineffectual and run over very quickly. This I see as our biggest problem and why we gave up on 1 DM long ago.

Griff runs out of gas every game at 60mins, and was quoted himself recently saying he cramps at this point. Carney is certainly not up to LB anymore and will not track back or provide enough movement off the ball. Flores repeatedly turns the ball over and doesn't have the legs to track back.

I don't think this will ever work with the cattle we have, but I would adjust your side to something like this

Hoole--------Flores---------Carney

-----Montano/Griff--Jeronimo------------

Grimario
09-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Grim- i tend to agree with most of your line up.
However Grif, Madaschi are terrible- out of form, and we need better options, BK needs the bullet effective immediate, he is 6ft +, and happens to get to some shots, his distribution and football brain equivalant to a 6 year old- danny ireland shits all over him

birra
Nev - Kew - ? - Carn
celevski- kanta
Hoole - Flores - Jeronimo
montano

Wonder if Griff being out of form has anyhting to do with him being shunted out as a right winger or played on the left and asked to cut inside. If only we put our best striker in the game as a striker... like that time when he got moved up top after a sub and scored, then pointed and gave the big ones to the bench in basically a "**** you lot, see what I do when I play in position" kind of way.

I would want him and Montano in the starting line up but I don't think a single man midfield would be anything other than complete and utter domination for the opponent so have to sacrifice somewhere.

MFKS
09-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Wonder if Griff being out of form
That could be the most offensive thing ever on the foz

Griff isn't out of form at all.

Blame his teammates for lack of service
Blame the coaching staff for their shit tactics

That is what is responsible for him only turning in 9 out of 10 performances

lquiquer
09-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Griff is NEVER out of form

Grimario
09-01-2015, 12:48 PM
That could be the most offensive thing ever on the foz

You bellend. I was disputing mother theresa's claim that he was out of form by saying it comes across as him being out of form because he is forced out of position by a clueless coach. Play him in his correct spot, feed him, 10-6 losses every week (still shit at the back).

The Postman
09-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Keeping with the 352 and everyone is healthy

--------------BK--------------
--Reegs---Kew---Mads--
------Pepps---Celeski-----
-Hoole---Flores---Carney-
--------Griff---Nueman------

Monty and Coops off the bench.

MFKS
09-01-2015, 02:56 PM
You bellend. I was disputing mother theresa's claim that he was out of form by saying it comes across as him being out of form because he is forced out of position by a clueless coach. Play him in his correct spot, feed him, 10-6 losses every week (still shit at the back).

So you are either falling for MT's low level quality troll or you chose to validate his claim by using the words out of form and Griff in the same sentence instead of calling him a dill for writing such BS??

Next time Think McFly think

09-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Jean-Michel d'Avray

Thoughts ?.

Tommyjet
09-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Jean-Michel d'Avray

Thoughts ?.

Manager? Was successful at glory in the nsl, last managed in South Africa I think.

Are we linked?

Thomas477
09-01-2015, 04:57 PM
What we really need is

Griff
Griff Griff Griff Griff
Griff Griff Griff Griff
Griff Griff

Would win every game.