PDA

View Full Version : Rd 8 Newcastle Jets v the Scum 30/11/14 k/off 5:00pm AEDST

belchardo
25-11-2014, 09:21 AM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/newcastlejets-212x300.gif VS http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/centralcoast-e1417163615616.gif

2014/2015 Hyundai A-League
Season 10 Round 8 - F3DERBY #2
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Central Coast Mariners

When: Sunday 30th November, 2014
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 5pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link (http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/newcastle-jets-v-central-coast-mariners-newcastle-new-south-wales-30-11-2014/event/13004D2FEA91A0C2?artistid=10***46&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11&tm_link=artist_msg-0_13004D2FEA91A0C2)
Pre-match: District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow from 2pm

Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand online
Tweet: @newyboys #NTUA #F3DERBY

Supporters are reminded that active support is located to Bay 60. Anyone wishing to join Bay 60 for this game needs to hold a Bay 60 Membership or purchase a ticket via ticketmaster or the sales windows at the Western Stand entrance. When purchasing via the mobile site or app select CATEGORY: 2 Reserved Seating and TICKET: Home Supporters. People with existing memberships in other areas of the stadium can also swap for a single Bay 60 game ticket at the Member Services window at to the Western Stand entrance.

We will be holding a minutes applause in the 63rd minute in memory of the tragic passing of Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes. We ask all supporters across the ground to join us in this mark of respect.

be nice if we won this one.

Superdylan
25-11-2014, 09:35 AM

Consider yourself lucky as I won't be there on sunday.

The last 4 games I've missed we have won. Haven't missed us lose a home game at home since season 2.

leftrightout
25-11-2014, 09:38 AM
We will win, Scum to sack their coach!
It will be a beautiful day and we will cherish it because it'll probably be the only one this season!

pv4
25-11-2014, 10:12 AM

Then who is going to sing Vamos Griffo with me?

:(

:violin:

joel31
25-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Then who is going to sing Vamos Griffo with me?

:(

:violin:

did u sing that against the Wanderers?

pv4
25-11-2014, 10:21 AM
did u sing that against the Wanderers?

From my vantage point up in the top tier of the Eastern grandstand, I hummed it a bit :rof:

zorse
25-11-2014, 04:46 PM
The last 4 games I've missed we have won. Haven't missed us lose a home game at home since season 2.
You need to miss more games! Lol

hawk
25-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Cant remember ever losing to gypos. At the end of every game their heads are down cause they have no home.

Beeen
25-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Cant remember ever losing to gypos. At the end of every game their heads are down cause they have no home.

Rums Sunday

hawk
25-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Rums Sunday

yep

lquiquer
26-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Marcos: "There are 2 options for us. The first one we win, the second is win as well" :thumbsup:

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2721949/flores-set-for-f3-derby-clash/?cs=306

Jeterpool
26-11-2014, 02:38 PM
2014/15 A-League Round 7 Preview – Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners

FIXTURE FACTS

Overall – 33 games between the two teams.
Jets Wins – 9, Mariners Wins – 13, Drawn – 11

In Newcastle – 15 games
Jets Wins – 7, Mariners Wins – 4, Drawn – 4

Goals in Fixture
Jets – 28, Mariners – 42

Cards in Fixture
Jets – 80 (76 Yellow, 4 Red), Mariners – 49 (46 Yellow, 3 Red)

Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – DLDLL
Mariners – LDDLL

Leading Scorers
Jets – Joel Griffiths 2, Mariners – Glen Trifiro, John Hutchinson, Mitchell Duke 1

Last Result -
Jets 0 – Mariners 1 (Duke 90’) at Central Coast Stadium, Round 1, Season 10.

FIXTURE RECORDS
Biggest Win

Jets 3 (Bridge 6’, Carle 18’, Rodriguez 79’) – Mariners 1 (Mori 40’), Round 2, Season 2 at Energy Australia Stadium, 12/11/2006.

Heaviest Defeat

Jets 1 (Coveny 85’) – Mariners 4 (Gumprecht 4’, Brown 34’, Hutchinson 72’, Hutchinson 83’), Round 16, Season 1 at Express Advocate Stadium, 31/12/2005.

Leading Scorers in fixture –

Jets – 6 (Joel Griffiths)
Mariners – 6 (Matt Simon)

2014/15 SEASON STATISTICS

Appearances

7 Kew Jaliens, David Carney, Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano,
6 Mark Birrighiti, Sam Gallagher, Andrew Hoole, Jeronimo Neumann
5 Taylor Regan, Zenon Caravella, Jacob Pepper, Marco Flores,
4 Scott Neville, James Virgili, Allan Wesh,
3 Ben Kantarovski, Sam Gallaway,
2 Jonny Steele, Adrian Madaschi, Billy Celeski
1 Ben Kennedy, Nicholas Cowburn

Goals

2 Joel Griffiths
1 Edson Montano, Kew Jaliens, Jeronimo Neumann, Marco Flores

Assists

1 Joel Griffiths, Scott Neville, Jacob Pepper, Taylor Regan, David Carney

Yellow Cards

3 Taylor Regan,
2 Jeronimo Neumann, Jacob Pepper, Marcos Flores, Edson Montano, Kew Jaliens,
1 Jonny Steele, David Carney, Allan Welsh, Ben Kantarovski, Adrian Madaschi

Red Cards

None

COACHING

Coaches Head to Head – 1 matches
Phil Stubbins - 0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss
Phil Moss - 1 win, 0 drawn, 0 losses

Newcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –

Phil Stubbins - 0 Matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = -% win ratio)
Gary Van Egmond – 17 matches (6 wins, 6 drawn and 5 losses = 35% win ratio)
Richard Money – 3 matches (1 wins, 0 drawn, 2 loss = 33% win ratio)
Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 win, 2 drawn, 3 losses = 17% win ratio)
Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
Clayton Zane – 2 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
Craig Deans -1 Match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = 100% win ratio)

Central Coast Mariners Coach Record – Phil Moss 100% win ratio (3 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses).

Average Home A-League crowd – 13131

KEY FACTS:

The Jets have only won 3 times against the Mariners in the last 6 seasons.
The Jets last victory over the Mariners was round 3 in season 8, 20/10/12.
A Mariners player has only found the back of the net 3 times this season.
Duke’s goal was not the latest goal in this fixture. Sasho Petrovski scored a 95th minute winner in the Season 3 semi finals.
There have only been 7 penalties awarded in this fixture.
The Jets have been slow starters of late, having not scored a goal in the opening 10 minutes for the last 36 matches. The last was a 6th minute goal to Calvano against Perth Glory in Season 8.
At home, the goals come to both teams tend to come in the second half with 44 of the 75 have been score after half time since Season 8.
Nicholas Cowburn became the 119th capped player for the Jets and Marcos Flores became the 54th Newcastle Jets player to score in the A-League.
The Mariners have scored 3 goals in the first half in Newcastle, but have scored 11 second half goals.
The Jets have never drawn when leading at half time, but have lost once (7 occurrences). When scores are level at half time the Jets have only won once (7 occurrences).
Marcos Flores scored against the Jets from the penalty spot in the corresponding fixture last year.
Ben Kennedy’s last appearance at home against the Mariners was a clean sheet, back in Season 7. It was his only clean sheet in 10 appearances.
The Jets record (W-D-L) on a Sunday is 5-3-3.
This weekend could be the 90th appearance for Ben Kantarovski.
Joel Griffiths has never scored from open play against the mariners at home. His 3 goals have come from the penalty spot.
The Jets have scored 3 goals in the last 6 matches against the Mariners.
Kew Jaliens will become the 11th captain to lead the Jets out at home in an F3 derby.

Jets v Mariners Trivia:
1. Kew Jaliens will become the 11th captain to lead the Jets out at home in an F3 derby. Who are the other 10 players to do so?

2. Foreign Brigade – Which Visa player scored the most goals at home in this fixture – Michael Bridges, Emile Heskey, Jeremy Brockie or Milton Rodriguez?

3. How many clean sheets did Ante Covic keep in this fixture?

leftrightout
26-11-2014, 02:48 PM
COACHING
[INDENT]Coaches Head to Head – 1 matches
Phil Stubbins - 0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 losses
Tony Popovic - 0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses

Hey Jeterpool you have popovic in there.

Jeterpool
26-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Hey Jeterpool you have popovic in there.

Thanks LRO

leftrightout
26-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Jets v Mariners Trivia:
1. Kew Jaliens will become the 11th captain to lead the Jets out at home in an F3 derby. Who are the other 10 players to do so?

2. Foreign Brigade – Which Visa player scored the most goals at home in this fixture – Michael Bridges, Emile Heskey, Jeremy Brockie or Milton Rodriguez?

1. Zelic, Okon, Thompson, North, Jobe, Ryan Griff, Joel Griff, Ruben, Ljubo.... a few of those are guesses and not all 10!
2. Milton
3. Ill say 3.... Theres definitely 2 i can remember - semi at home both griffs score Aloisi missed penalty, 1-0 win milton scored (hence my guess above)

plague
26-11-2014, 03:18 PM
These stats are all false.
Gypos have never won, or even drawn this fixture.
In fact they've never scored a goal in this fixture.
Stop playing games with the young'uns Jeterpool.

cc: Hawk.

Jeterpool
26-11-2014, 04:16 PM

Plague, sometimes the internet lies. My stats in this case may be one of those examples.

Jeterpool
26-11-2014, 04:26 PM
KEY FACTS: Additional Points

Hutcho’s a wanker.
Sasho was previously recognised as a girl’s name but is now clearly recognised as one for a boy.
If Fergie reckons Jordan Henderson has a weird gait when he runs, he clearly hasn’t watched Mitchell Duke in “full flight”.
Danny Vukovic needs to go to specsavers, because his Hi-Five’s are a bit off target.

Feel free to add more to the list

hawk
26-11-2014, 09:47 PM

Very true Plague so we'll let Jeterpool have stats some fun.

furns
26-11-2014, 09:56 PM
There has been some confusion regarding how to prepurchase Bay60 tickets via the Ticketmaster website.

Go to the event on the ticketmaster website or app, select SECTION: Category 2 Reserved Seating and TICKET: Home Supporters (adult/child/conc) to purchase your active support tickets prior to gameday.
OR
You can also go to the ticketing window at the Western Stand at Hunter Stadium to purchase your Bay60 tickets.

Remember if you are already an existing member, you can swap for a gameday Bay60 ticket by also visiting the ticketing window at the Western Stand. If you are a GA member, there will be a small upgrade fee.

outsider
27-11-2014, 09:53 AM

be nice if we won ONE ffs

Rocknerd
27-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Are we as shit as the Coast no. Are we always against it yes.

I'd be happy with someone cracking Hutcho and Simon (if he ever plays) and not losing.

Looking forward to my Tenzo gluten Free Chicken Stir Fry! and booze, love me some booze.

GazFish35
27-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Looking forward to my Tenzo gluten Free Chicken Stir Fry!

is the kitchen open?

BodyNovo
27-11-2014, 10:57 AM
is the kitchen open?

wouldn't count on it

Rocknerd
27-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Don't break my heart............

joel31
27-11-2014, 05:29 PM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/jets-squad-named-for-f3-derby/1m4k0qg4fw0y91gs5k319xahwq

outsider
27-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Referee Shaun Evans

Mark325
27-11-2014, 09:48 PM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/jets-squad-named-for-f3-derby/1m4k0qg4fw0y91gs5k319xahwq

I would say Welsh and Gallaway would be the ones to be omitted.

Same formation as last week 4-3-3

-----Jeronimo-------Griff--------Carney
----------------Flores-------------
---------Pepper-------------Celeski
Cowburn-----Madaschi-----Kew---Neville
-----------------Birraz---------------

Subs - Kennedy, Kanta, Zenon, Hoole, Montano

Jetmaster
27-11-2014, 11:34 PM
Birraz ? :banghead:

Thomas477
27-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Referee Shaun Evans

Well, we're royally ****ed now.

GazFish35
28-11-2014, 12:20 AM

Think the squad is just listed in order of shirt number.

Blackmac79
28-11-2014, 06:23 AM
**** the coast.

Hoping for a decent turn out in bay60. Even if you just join us for this game!

leftrightout
28-11-2014, 08:27 AM

Birraz is surely no chance BK was good last week.

plague
28-11-2014, 09:31 AM

Yeah but Biraz was good 2 weeks ago and got dropped.
Pepper got dropped after having a few more than decent games.

Seems the only chance you've got of keeping your spot in this team is to play like shit.

borat
28-11-2014, 10:47 AM

Zane said in a presser last week that BK will get a run of games like Birraz has just done so.

Thomas477
28-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Sweet, so we're back in preseason mode where everyone gets a game! I'll expect Virigilli to be given a string of games too! Oh, how about Gallaway as well! The youth should be given a chance as well, let's give some of them a string of games as well!

BodyNovo
28-11-2014, 01:45 PM
yeh but bk will keep his spot

pv4
28-11-2014, 01:53 PM
BK's big, aimless hoofs are going to make Bosnar, Anderson & co look much better than they are.

I remember only once last week did he even attempt to put direction on a kick out of his hands, Jeronimo made a neat little right sided break in the first half before WSW scored - and BK miskicked it (it needed a flat, straight delivery whereas BK's was more of a traditional sky-high bomb that curled a bit - Biraz would have gotten it to Jeronimo easily imo), and it too went straight to NTS's head. The rest of his hoofs were just aimless, and the WSW centre backs made one routine defensive header after another.

Jetmaster
28-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Sorry Blind Freddy...

BK last week >>>>>>>> Birraz all season

pv4
28-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Sorry Blind Freddy...

BK last week >>>>>>>> Birraz all season

Are you referring to BK's distribution vs Biraz's, and aiming that at me, or are you just talking in general and to the general public?

If the latter, what are your views on BK's distribution vs Biraz's? Before the game last week, GazFish claimed BK's was miles ahead of Biraz's. Which I argued against, and which I believe was proven in the game last week. Unless it was Stubbins demanding BK just do big aimless hoofs up the field (which could be a possibility - I don't know Stubbins' game plan in full) I have the belief that BK doesn't have as good distribution/skill/technique kicking it out of his hands as Biraz does.

The Dunster
28-11-2014, 02:49 PM
BK's big, aimless hoofs are going to make Bosnar, Anderson & co look much better than they are.

I remember only once last week did he even attempt to put direction on a kick out of his hands, Jeronimo made a neat little right sided break in the first half before WSW scored - and BK miskicked it (it needed a flat, straight delivery whereas BK's was more of a traditional sky-high bomb that curled a bit - Biraz would have gotten it to Jeronimo easily imo), and it too went straight to NTS's head. The rest of his hoofs were just aimless, and the WSW centre backs made one routine defensive header after another.

You cannot be serious. Biraz's distribution is piss poor on a good day.

pv4
28-11-2014, 02:52 PM
You cannot be serious. Biraz's distribution is piss poor on a good day.

Look, I just want the two keepers to be fairly compared to each other. I want the positives and negatives of both keepers to be fair game - not just the positives of one, and the negatives of the other.

And I believe that Biraz is a better distributor than BK - and feel that BK proved me right last week.

q-money
28-11-2014, 02:56 PM
check out judge judy here

hawk
28-11-2014, 03:00 PM
rather see their quotient

pv4
28-11-2014, 03:11 PM
check out judge judy here

:rof: how was my GazFish impresison?

Jeterpool
28-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Jets v Mariners Trivia:

1. Ned Zelic, Paul Okon, Nick Carle, Jade North, Adam Griffiths, Matt Thompson, Ljubo Milicevic, Kasey Wehrman, Jobe Wheelhouse and Ruben Zadkovich.
2. Milton with 2.
3. 4 clean sheets

Jeterpool
28-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Not much to report on Shaun Evans. 2 matches, both at Hunter Stadium, One draw (Perth) and a loss (Nix) in Season 9.

Finally a referee who has booked more opposition players than Jets players! (3 to 4).

Thomas477
28-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Tbh, I couldn't give a shit about a keeper's distribution. As long as they know when to go long, it's good enough.

My2BobsWorth
28-11-2014, 05:07 PM
BK is cuter, that's the main thing.

MFKS
28-11-2014, 06:17 PM
After spending the best part of a week stuck in a glorious location but a backwater internet wise and not getting the opportunity to read the foz I think I have some perspective on a few things.

First thing after a week away is that you cunce are miserable negative bastards and it was good spending the best part of a week not being a miserable negative bastard myself.

Could be just the six tonnes of lunatic juice I have been drinking every day and I may have forgotten how bad we actually are but I am surprisingly upbeat about our prospects for the rest of the season under Middleby Tinkler Stubbins and co

I also EXPECT us fans to inspire these cunce across the line on Sunday to roll these GYpo scum.

FIRE THE **** UP CUNCE AND NEVER SURRENDER

My2BobsWorth
28-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Toolies?

furns
28-11-2014, 08:36 PM
match details added to OP

Tommyjet
28-11-2014, 09:55 PM
After spending the best part of a week stuck in a glorious location but a backwater internet wise and not getting the opportunity to read the foz I think I have some perspective on a few things.

First thing after a week away is that you cunce are miserable negative bastards and it was good spending the best part of a week not being a miserable negative bastard myself.

Could be just the six tonnes of lunatic juice I have been drinking every day and I may have forgotten how bad we actually are but I am surprisingly upbeat about our prospects for the rest of the season under Middleby Tinkler Stubbins and co

I also EXPECT us fans to inspire these cunce across the line on Sunday to roll these GYpo scum.

FIRE THE **** UP CUNCE AND NEVER SURRENDER

Hacked?

plague
28-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Hacked?

nah, due to his man crush on Alex Wilkinson, the good Member doesnt like stirring things on up in Derby week. he hates it when his kids are fighting.

Grimario
28-11-2014, 10:29 PM
nah, due to his man crush on Alex Wilkinson, the good Member doesnt like stirring things on up in Derby week. he hates it when his kids are fighting.

Between him and the Honourable Member for Trent Sainsbury, we might as well just support the scum.

GazFish35
28-11-2014, 10:39 PM
:rof: how was my GazFish impresison?

Not great tbh.
You made exaggerations when you said that I had stated BK's distribution was "miles" ahead of birraz.
Stick to the facts.

;)

And I'm glad others are finally seeing the value of holding both keepers to the same standard.
Trick now is for bk to get a few games so his current form can be compared to birraz, not his form from a few years ago that still seems to be clouding some peoples judgement.

pv4
29-11-2014, 12:29 AM
My bad. You labelled biraz's distribution as a weakness and BK's distribution as a strength.

Do you believe that still applies having seen last week?

GazFish35
29-11-2014, 12:42 AM
My bad. You labelled biraz's distribution as a weakness and BK's distribution as a strength.

Do you believe that still applies having seen last week?

TBH, bay72 at parra is pretty shit to gauge much that's going on. I didn't know Flores had scored till they all ran and hugged him on the sideline. So it's hard to make a judgment, and it's one game so I'm not going to hang Jim out to dry on that. I've always thought his distribution to be pretty solid ver the years. he seems to communicate well when playing short, usually finds space, or a target with long clearances, long throws have usually found their man or created movement forward. One game, at parra from bay72 makes it's very hard for me to change this pov ATM. It's very hard to tel from there what movement he had from midfielders or front men, to give him something to aim at. Birraz on the other hand often sees the target, but misses it, either going too long, or falling short.

Both it must be said seem to have been following an instruction to to distribute wide, as both put balls into touch regularly. For both to do this, I can only imagine they're under instruction to find the wide blokes..... This seemed evident in the preseason games I caught glimpses too.

Boss
29-11-2014, 01:45 AM
Yeah but Biraz was good 2 weeks ago and got dropped.
Pepper got dropped after having a few more than decent games.

Seems the only chance you've got of keeping your spot in this team is to play like shit.

Yes pepper was great at taking an average touch if he was under minimal pressure then playing a ball sidewards or backwards, creating **** all; That's our prob.
Perpetual pressure on the back four who can't deal with it for 90 mins, often due to a lack of football brains. Can't believe coaches have come and gone yet players who can't control a football remain (Gallaway, Virgilli) **** the athletes off if they can't provide anything going forward. All the people that say they need a string of games to prove themselves can **** off too, they have had that many games to prove they can control a ball it's ****ing embarrassing. **** off.

Boss
29-11-2014, 01:59 AM
In saying that, I think we will win this game by at least 2 goals. Only because we are so shit that the players who can, will pull something out of their ass for newy and their careers this weekend.

Beeen
29-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Hail Boss, well in.

MFKS
29-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Not much to report on Shaun Evans. 2 matches, both at Hunter Stadium, One draw (Perth) and a loss (Nix) in Season 9.

Finally a referee who has booked more opposition players than Jets players! (3 to 4).

This the same clown who sent Birraz off at home on debut in Heskeys first match??

:dry:

Thomas477
29-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Yep Member, that'd him.

And I would also draw your attention to the NPL youth thread where Deans was mentioned as the future of coaching in NNSW...

MFKS
29-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Yep Member, that'd him.

And I would also draw your attention to the NPL youth thread where Deans was mentioned as the future of coaching in NNSW...

Thanks for that Thomas I needed a good laugh:rof:

Premy
29-11-2014, 09:27 PM
BK hates them.
Birraz ain't fazed.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/ben-kennedy-says-there-is-hatred-between-newcastle-jets-and-mariners-ahead-of-f3-derby/story-e6frf4gl-1227139399376

Fire up you farks.

plague
29-11-2014, 09:56 PM
It's McBreens Bucks show tonight apparently. Doubt any Gypo players would be there as they would need to pay for their own drinks.

Jeterpool
29-11-2014, 10:31 PM
This the same clown who sent Birraz off at home on debut in Heskeys first match??

:dry:

No. That was against Adelaide.

Jeterpool
29-11-2014, 10:32 PM
BK hates them.
Birraz ain't fazed.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/ben-kennedy-says-there-is-hatred-between-newcastle-jets-and-mariners-ahead-of-f3-derby/story-e6frf4gl-1227139399376

Fire up you farks.

This is what I wanted to hear. This time tomorrow we'll be celebrating a win over those pricks I'm sure

MFKS
29-11-2014, 10:58 PM
No. That was against Adelaide.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/match/1296766/newcastle-jets-vs-adelaide-united/report

Goals to Dario Vidosic and Iain Ramsay in either half secured the win in front of 14,868 fans, as the Reds defied a short turnaround from Wednesday night's AFC Asian Champions League quarter-final defeat to Bunyodkor in Uzbekistan.

Despite only arriving in Australia 10 days ago, former England international Heskey started the match and played 70 minutes.

And while he showed glimpses of his class, the 34-year-old appeared sluggish and in need of more match fitness as he struggled to make an impact.

The Jets finished with 10 men after goalkeeper Mark Birighitti was shown a red card midway through the second-half for using his hands outside the box to deny another Vidosic attempt.

Newcastle had been heavily favoured to get off to a winning start, with the Reds having only four days to recover from a gruelling trip covering more than 11,000km.

But the home side was off to the worst possible start when some sloppy defending allowed Adelaide to take the lead after just 59 seconds.

After some good lead-up work from Argentine import Jeronimo Nuemann, Vidosic shook off Jets defender Josh Mitchell with alarming ease and finished from close range.

The Jets enjoyed the better of possession and field position for much of the half as they chased an equaliser but lacked cohesion in the final third.

Heskey caused a few headaches for the Reds' defence but he drew his biggest cheer of the half for a late shot on goalkeeper Eugene Galekovic in the 40th minute.

The big striker's best opportunity to score came just after half-time but he produced a lethargic effort to barely get a header on Scott Neville's inviting cross.

The home side went down to 10 men in the 57th minute when referee Shaun Evans sent Birighitti off and Ben Kennedy took his place in between the sticks.

Heskey made way for James Virgili in the 70th minute and the substitute almost had an instant impact as he troubled Galekovic with a curling shot.

A fine Kennedy save kept the Jets' hopes alive but Adelaide secured the three competition points when Vidosic set up Ramsay for a simple tap-in in the 75th minute.

As I said that **** reffed that game. Was ****ing horrid

plague
30-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Except of course it was probably the easiest straight red decision ever in the history of the A-League.

Thomas477
30-11-2014, 12:56 AM
Except of course it was probably the easiest straight red decision ever in the history of the A-League.

Lulz, what? Arm by his side or across his chest, I can't remember which, ball moved to arm, not arm to ball, 40m from goal, hardly *delibrately* denying a *goalscoring opportunity*

Compare that to Saba or Rubez this year, Muscat on Zahra, Vukobitch, I could go on.

plague
30-11-2014, 01:10 AM
Lulz, what? Arm by his side or across his chest, I can't remember which, ball moved to arm, not arm to ball, 40m from goal, hardly *delibrately* denying a *goalscoring opportunity*

Compare that to Saba or Rubez this year, Muscat on Zahra, Vukobitch, I could go on.

The fact you don't remember it yet say it wasn't a red says it all.
All the others you mentioned were reds too, so what's your point?

Jeterpool
30-11-2014, 07:06 AM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/match/1296766/newcastle-jets-vs-adelaide-united/report

As I said that **** reffed that game. Was ****ing horrid
Thanks. Must have it wrong in my info.

MFKS
30-11-2014, 09:05 AM

Could argue you all day about whether it was ball to hand hand to ball or whatever. Fact is regardless of that decision the **** was Aids that day.

On another note game day CUNCE

NEVER SURRENDER

Grimario
30-11-2014, 10:07 AM
FTFU Jets

Blackmac79
30-11-2014, 10:19 AM
More anxious about today than I have been about football in a long time.

Bremsstrahlung
30-11-2014, 11:21 AM

lololol. Seriously?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/newcastle-jets-and-adelaide-united-start-their-a-league-seasons-by-squaring-off-at-hunter-stadium/story-e6frf4gl-1226490122664

Refresh your memory. Bloke comes out Jesus Christ-esque with arms wide open. To say this is a natural position, is plain stupid. If the ball hits the arm in this position, there's only one decision - hand ball.
the fact the bloke had a shot and there was nobody home, means its an obvious goal scoring opportunity.

hawk
30-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Its darby day, get a pie.

Even derby 1 win wont appease the sh*t that we have had to endure. knts.

Grimario
30-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Its darby day, get a pie.

Even derby 1 win wont appease the sh*t that we have had to endure. knts.

True story, one of the things I had on my list to do when I was back home was have a dollar pie from Darbys. Imagine my surprise when I discover their now two bucks? Disgraceful.

MFKS
30-11-2014, 02:53 PM
True story, one of the things I had on my list to do when I was back home was have a dollar pie from Darbys. Imagine my surprise when I discover their now two bucks? Disgraceful.

Next time spend a bit more time and thought on your to do list cause Darby's ain't even close to being on my to do list after a period of leave from Gods Country.

Wouldn't even throw the crap they claim to be a pie at Hutcho. It's not worthy

hausmann
30-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Come on Gellewey, get on twitta and fire up tha boyz for tha darby.

Grimario
30-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Useless cunce who update the official a league app...

MATCH DETAILS

Sunday, 30 November 2014

Hunter Stadium, Gosford

la bazzle
30-11-2014, 04:13 PM
it's one game so I'm not going to hang Jim out to dry on that.

Thanks mate

Grimario
30-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Kennedy; Neville, Jaliens, Madaschi, Gallaway; Welsh, Celeski, Flores; David Carney, Edson Montano, Jeronimo

Twitter suggests poor crowd and blames weather with storm on the way.

hawk
30-11-2014, 05:40 PM
if it rains im 100% in. parrrrrdle

Ranger-86
30-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Ahh i see its time for my weekly masochistic session

late_to_the_game
30-11-2014, 06:35 PM
At least bk gives the backs the chance to play out.

However the cb's seem pretty keen on trying to find Montano's head....

Wish we had owners who were concerned about results.

weston
30-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Is anyone happy with the style of play that we play? It is fairly boring for most part. A lot of the problem is lack of options when on the ball. Moving off the ball is generally bad. When we get 4 or so more players forward they could not get in a straighter line across field if they tried.

It just looks really unimpressive and very defensive.

late_to_the_game
30-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Agree, our pass completion rate would be horrible.

Grimario
30-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Agree, our pass completion rate would be horrible.

Second worst in the league according to Kearney on abc radio.

boz-monaut
30-11-2014, 08:00 PM
wow, we didn't lose it in injury time

that counts as a win these days

steve136
30-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Anyone else want to point out how absurdly better Hoole seems to be than any of our midfield starters? Creates several good chances in 20 minutes. But Caravella and Galloway. Dear god. Help us all.

matty
30-11-2014, 08:13 PM
I hate to admit it, but geez we been unlucky, hit the post twice today and once last week....and wellington next week. Fml

Bremsstrahlung
30-11-2014, 08:42 PM
I'm gonna preface this with the fact that this was the first game this season I've been able to get to from shift work in Sydney.
Hoole was brilliant when he came on. Creative, quick and actually takes his man on which is 10 x more than everyone else.

Also, too many cunce wearing these Fluro boots. A coach once told me, if your gonna wear those boots make sure you play good and don't screw up, cause everyone knows it's you. All the shit touches blend together now and it's hard to criticise certain players.

Griff added a bit of pace too. Caravella preferred to u turn at every given opportunity.

First half we spent hoofing long ball to montano. Gallagher? didn't kick a ball more than 10 metres accurately.
Overall it was very slow, intensity was not there for majority of the game and players couldn't be assed.
Scum weren't any better though, so the point is probably fair/unlucky for us.

How's montano not celebrating with the active support. Thought that was a bit odd. Maybe a good reason, just odd that he celebrated 20 metres away from them. Maybe he dedicated it to his partner or something idk.
Overall, I'd rather go and watch state league live, at least there's some passion and intensity. Albeit a bit sloppier play, but at least they give 2 shits.

plague
30-11-2014, 08:48 PM
How's montano not celebrating with the active support. Thought that was a bit odd. Maybe a good reason, just odd that he celebrated 20 metres away from them. Maybe he dedicated it to his partner or something idk.

We've discussed this before.
There are more people in the stadium than bay 60.

plague
30-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Hoole though.
Tops.
Montano.
Strong.
Galloway.
Galloway.
BK.
Ledge.

Thomas477
30-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Flores seemed like the only **** trying in the first half.

Carney and Jeronimo are passengers when we're defending, lazy ****s. I 100% lay the blame for the scums goal on Carney's head. His player put the cross in.

MFKS
30-11-2014, 09:04 PM
What a bunch of useless cunce they are.

Simple ****ing concept in football is to be first to the ball and to show some desperation. These useless cunce stood off their opponents all day long. We were second to the ball and many times we should have been first. Did any of them cunce actually put a ****ing tackle in??

We picked up 3-4 bookings and not once did we actually get our moneys worth

FFS Have a go you cunce.

2 Points lost by players with no ****ing passion and a coach with no ****ing idea who is so tactically inept he makes GVE look good.

They were shit and we didn't have the balls to aim up and win the game by being desperate enough

plague
30-11-2014, 09:10 PM
I think Stubbins has a clear set of tactics.
1. Score a goal.
2. Drop 20 yards further than you were before.
3. Hope.

belchardo
30-11-2014, 09:30 PM

Carney and Jeronimo are passengers when we're defending, lazy ****s. I 100% lay the blame for the scums goal on Carney's head. His player put the cross in.

glad he tried in the first half, cause he looked like a passenger to me in the second. agree about carney and jeronimo.

Jetmaster
30-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Pretty tepid and the lack of passion is evident, as is the lack of speed and strength on the ball. We really do look light years behind most other clubs and the wooden spoon is a certainty. Nobody got stuck into Hutcho today and he had the midfield to himself most of the time.

It seems to me that the lack of money has the club cutting corners and that is affecting performances both physically and mentally - we have serious troubles that the coach and the current crop of players cannot change.

parksey
30-11-2014, 10:32 PM
from what i gathered from that performance, us and the coast are the two worst teams in the comp at the moment but they still made us look like absolute amateurs.

their passing and off the ball movement is leagues beyond what our boys are dishing up, and to me that reeks of poor coaching on our side. the coast might not be a great side, but gee whiz they are a well-drilled football team and you can't say that about us at all.

i don't think it's worth it to even bother critiquing individual players when we as a side can't even hold the ball for 20 seconds consecutively.

having said that - hoole was a revelation when he came on.

Bremsstrahlung
30-11-2014, 10:43 PM
BKs save though! Very solid save. Saved us some embarrassment.

pv4
30-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Good post parksey, agreed. Also agreed with weston

hawk
30-11-2014, 11:23 PM

you saw defence? I dont think stubbins knows anything about defence.

GazFish35
30-11-2014, 11:32 PM
BKs save though! Very solid save. Saved us some embarrassment.

Saved us a point no doubt!

leftrightout
01-12-2014, 08:53 AM
We have seriously problems... no movement off the ball, Montano isolated in attack consistantly, midfield sitting way too deep allowing other team to control the game, our defence basically play inside our own penalty area, our defenders look shocking in one on one situations.... i could go on but i have to work!

Have been told by a reliable source, and im sure most already see it, Stubbins has no respect from the players and isnt very popular. He needs to go!

Thomas477
01-12-2014, 09:13 AM
you saw defence? I dont think stubbins knows anything about defence.

Might have been confusing defence with sitting on our own 6 yard line after we scored.

belchardo
01-12-2014, 09:18 AM
these are the problems I see:

- too old
- too slow
- too unfit
- too uninterested
- too many passengers
- too little passion

silver lining: we're still not coming last.

Jeterpool
01-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Yesterday was a timid performance. You couldn't tell that was a derby against our most detested rivals.

Montano is really starting to look good. He has some nice touches and decent pace but needs to learn when to move the ball along. He took his goal nicely. Along with Hoole, who offered more in his 24 minutes than Jeronimo, was the only positive for me.

8 games now without a clean sheet, one in the last 11.

We are getting over-run in midfield and our defence is sitting so far back. The ball movement is so so so slow and this is killing us. We actually look alright when the ball gets moved quickly.I can't pick what our "style" is but I don't think it is any different than what we have been trying and failing with for the last 5 or 6 years. Teams have worked us out, not that it's too hard.

We have a number of players off contract this year and next and I really don't know who should be retained, if any. We are again at a crossroads with the team and any positivity about a fresh start is being replaced by normal levels of despair.

The Dunster
01-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Five Star Post from Parksey. Pretty much says it all about where the Jets are currently at.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
01-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Five Star Post from Parksey. Pretty much says it all about where the Jets are currently at.

I would also have to agree.

q-money
01-12-2014, 11:08 AM
what really summed the whole thing up was the last passage of play, with the end of injury time looming, i think caravella got the ball on the half way line, did a 180 and the ball ended up with BK again or something just as ridiculous and then got shanked out

you wonder why people bother

hausmann
01-12-2014, 12:12 PM
you wonder why people bother

I have seriously been considering this. Why do I bother? The only answer I can come up with is:
- if people don't support the team in the lean times the club will fold; and
- if the Jets fold the place will be a Knights town again

anyone got another reason?

In the past, I just thought that if people could understand how to create a culture of success, then we could achieve it. But it just seems to me that professional football in Newcastle just attracts people who are happy to stay employed and accept mediocrity. It's the Newcastle curse from KB United onward. And it seems accepted by everyone from David Lowe to Ray Baartz.

You look at the guys who started the Minmi Rangers (the actual ones in 1884 not the so called "Rangers of 1884" who as far as I can see are the actual anti-thesis to the originals). All it took was a newspaper from Scotland telling them that Vale of Leven withdrew from the Scottish Cup final for them to turn the joking of "Minmi would have rushed at the chance", to forming a club and posting notices in the pubs around Minmi for people to join. That's the spirit and initiative we should be drawing from, but it seems that everyone involved in and around the club is just happy to sit back and let things turn to shit.

BodyNovo
01-12-2014, 12:16 PM
its the same year on year.

new promises of how its going to get better and it never is

how weve only lost 1000 members in the last year is a miracle.

GazFish35
01-12-2014, 12:20 PM
I have seriously been considering this. Why do I bother? The only answer I can come up with is:
- if people don't support the team in the lean times the club will fold; and
- if the Jets fold the place will be a Knights town again

anyone got another reason?

In the past, I just thought that if people could understand how to create a culture of success, then we could achieve it. But it just seems to me that professional football in Newcastle just attracts people who are happy to stay employed and accept mediocrity. It's the Newcastle curse from KB United onward. And it seems accepted by everyone from David Lowe to Ray Baartz.

You look at the guys who started the Minmi Rangers (the actual ones in 1884 not the so called "Rangers of 1884" who as far as I can see are the actual anti-thesis to the originals). All it took was a newspaper from Scotland telling them that Vale of Leven withdrew from the Scottish Cup final for them to turn the joking of "Minmi would have rushed at the chance", to forming a club and posting notices in the pubs around Minmi for people to join. That's the spirit and initiative we should be drawing from, but it seems that everyone involved in and around the club is just happy to sit back and let things turn to shit.

Our next coach needs to be a rusted on arsehole who gets results and is proven.
Like an Arnold, postecoglu, **** it even Muscat, the cheap option of throwing a bone to an untried gaffer will see us repeat the same errors.
I'm not calling for stubbin's head, but id like to think wed see at least some improveemtn or signs things are changing for the better.
We need someone to come in and shake some cages.

Wenger might eb looking for a sunny becahside home soon :)

leftrightout
01-12-2014, 12:24 PM
I don't mind Carney playing on the right, he can be quite good for us out there. But surely at some stage in the match the manager would think to just switch flanks for a bit to shake things up. Carney on the right is always going to cut in and it works the first 1,2 maybe 3 times, but then the defender works it out. Why not change him to the left for a bit so he can get the ball and whip it in quickly (probably not be anyone in there anyway). We just seem to be happy not going anywhere, trying and failing at the same thing over and over.

BodyNovo
01-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Like an Arnold, postecoglu, **** it even Muscat, the cheap option of throwing a bone to an untried gaffer will see us repeat the same errors.
I'm not calling for stubbin's head, but id like to think wed see at least some improveemtn or signs things are changing for the better.

i f**king hate arnold

but jeez i could stand him if he was getting results like he is at sydney

there squad on paper is rubbish when compared to victory, citeh, adelaide, brisbane

but he is getting the best out of them

by god imagine what he could do with our part timers.

joel31
01-12-2014, 12:38 PM

i don't mind an unknown as long as he is not tactically inept. e.g. Papas or Rudan

Grimario
01-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Should just get Kosmina or Aloisi in. Or maybe JVS later this week.

q-money
01-12-2014, 12:43 PM
ernie merrick was the answer

Grimario
01-12-2014, 12:44 PM

"Which coach will be an absolute shambles as the league has passed his style of football by?"

Correct, Grim.

joel31
01-12-2014, 12:45 PM
i don't mind an unknown as long as he is not tactically inept. e.g. Papas or Rudan
or a Joel31 or Grimario

hausmann
01-12-2014, 01:09 PM

Was thinking this after the game yesterday. When it was a toss up between GVE and Merrick (in our minds at the time anyway) I would have been happy with either but now its obvious that Merrick, with his experience at Victory was the right answer.

leftrightout
01-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Id like to see Rudan given a go. I know one of the issues now is Stubbins experience but the guys just really impresses me when he is on Fox. Seems to have a real idea about the game.

lquiquer
01-12-2014, 01:53 PM
I'm not calling for stubbin's head :) u r NOT?.. I AM

Tommyjet
01-12-2014, 01:54 PM
New fitness coach too please

hausmann
01-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Id like to see Rudan given a go. I know one of the issues now is Stubbins experience but the guys just really impresses me when he is on Fox. Seems to have a real idea about the game.

Doesn't Rudan hate the Jets with a passion? That was the impression I got from his playing days with Sydney FC and his media commentary since then has only confirmed that impression.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
01-12-2014, 01:57 PM
New fitness coach too please

100%. We are definitely struggling (more so) towards the end of matches.

q-money
01-12-2014, 02:15 PM
"Which coach will be an absolute shambles as the league has passed his style of football by?"

Correct, Grim.

this the same bloke that has an "average on paper" wellington side kicking over nicely?

Grimario
01-12-2014, 02:18 PM
this the same bloke that has an "average on paper" wellington side kicking over nicely?

Yeah, that's my point...

q-money
01-12-2014, 02:26 PM
:rof: soz m8

leftrightout
01-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Doesn't Rudan hate the Jets with a passion? That was the impression I got from his playing days with Sydney FC and his media commentary since then has only confirmed that impression.

Isn't that what we need? Someone to come in and kick our arses?
Besides, that makes him just like me as a fan because right now i f*cking hate them too!

Couscous
01-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Great result. Proud to get a point from the awesome Mariners.

Bremsstrahlung
01-12-2014, 03:48 PM

If we are getting a coach that can talk the talk, let's get Craig Foster. Bloke thinks he can coach a team to beat the best teams in the world, constantly preaching the latest footballing philosophy. If he's half as good as he makes out, we will be premiers and champions of the a league and Asia by 2016. Get him in and we will be world beaters.
*removes sarcastic hat*
Or we could get a seasoned coach who has a proven record. Cut the dead wood that take their positions for granted and simply aren't up to it. Rebuild this club from the ground up. Unfortunately, I can't see much happening until we have a new owner.

Bremsstrahlung
01-12-2014, 03:52 PM
This ones for you MFKS: having played against and seen Hoole and kale play together for magic, kale was by far the much quicker, trickier and in general more concerning player. I'd love to see what kale could've produced if given a crack and put on a strengthening and conditioning program to build up a little bit.
Sure they may not have developed similarly, but kale definitely had the raw ability, and Hooles recent top 3 performance after only playing 20 odd minutes, makes me ponder what could've been.

The Dunster
01-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Id like to see Rudan given a go. .

http://forums.auscelebs.net/acnet-images/78578/mariana-rudan-112832.jpg

+ 1 Bring her on.

ForeverRed
01-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Note to squadron,when the jets play at home, 90% of the time the wind blows nor east, one reason why no one ever hears you as your noise ends up at Eden oval, I had ear an ache from the mariners trumpet players and I was in opposite stand with the nor Easter in my face, maybe a move to the away bay would make sense

traffic light
01-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Note to squadron,when the jets play at home, 90% of the time the wind blows nor east, one reason why no one ever hears you as your noise ends up at Eden oval, I had ear an ache from the mariners trumpet players and I was in opposite stand with the nor Easter in my face, maybe a move to the away bay would make sense

Note to FR. Get some mates and go join in. You wont have trumpet troubles. You will hear sqaudron. Wind wont matter.:lulzturtle:

ForeverRed
01-12-2014, 06:14 PM
only trying to help

WolfMan
01-12-2014, 09:21 PM

+1,000

hawk
01-12-2014, 09:25 PM
only trying to help

lol. remember to always bring a solution with the problem.

I though we were ok in large parts but our intensity in defence is the worst in the league

plague
01-12-2014, 10:03 PM
lol. remember to always bring a solution with the problem.

Oi, lay off my man ForeverRed. hes the only bloke offering up solutions.

Will Edden oval hold us all though?

MFKS
02-12-2014, 12:28 PM
This ones for you MFKS: having played against and seen Hoole and kale play together for magic, kale was by far the much quicker, trickier and in general more concerning player. I'd love to see what kale could've produced if given a crack and put on a strengthening and conditioning program to build up a little bit.
Sure they may not have developed similarly, but kale definitely had the raw ability, and Hooles recent top 3 performance after only playing 20 odd minutes, makes me ponder what could've been.

Seems rather moronic that the same dumb ****s who can't get our side to actually play football or win games, destroy players confidence, constantly release players who are successful elsewhere and give dickheads like Roundabout and Gallaway contracts can then sit there and tell us thebloke wasn't good enough.

Reality is he scored 60 od goals in 60 odd NPL and NYL games for the club.
These idiots can't get us winning games or making playoffs let alone getting the players to play their bullshit 4-3-3 system/style.

Matter of fact they are that ****ed they have NFI what they are talking about when it comes to the game. Some clown has swallowed a KNVB Manual and seems to think knowing a small part of it means them an expert and this is the only way to follow

The joke is really on them.

q-money
02-12-2014, 01:28 PM
when they wouldn't even play the bloke in a losing side you have to wonder

MFKS
02-12-2014, 08:46 PM
when they wouldn't even play the bloke in a losing side you have to wonder

No I don't have to wonder.
The decisions made by those at the club and their success rate with there decisions are there for all to see

The decision these people came to about this kids talents/future at the club mean there opinion is most likely tainted with bullshit and plain wrong

idontwannaplaywithhowey
03-12-2014, 12:47 PM
Just out of curiosity, has he had any interest from other A-league clubs?

My2BobsWorth
03-12-2014, 08:40 PM

Must admit I loved the mariachi music.

traffic light
03-12-2014, 08:52 PM

Listen to this this coastie twat. Next he but loving hutchos knob. or is it loved.

joel31
03-12-2014, 08:59 PM
You're more of a gypo than PV4.

First you want Bridgey in the worst form of his life to start and now you show a "love" for the scum's support (if you can call it that)

pv4
03-12-2014, 09:40 PM

:rof:

Grimario
04-12-2014, 12:31 PM
2 for 1 ticket purchases this weekend!

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/jets-offering-2-for-1-tickets-this-saturday/lv9i5nzyrt1w1pjqd6zf8fumz

Not much good for members.

q-money
04-12-2014, 12:33 PM
loool the wheels have fallen off the clown car

BodyNovo
04-12-2014, 12:37 PM
sif people will go

9th v nz

Grimario
04-12-2014, 12:37 PM
At least we aren't giving away free tickets like Melb City.

Yet.

Free slurpees next game, for sure.

A.J.
04-12-2014, 01:22 PM
They had mango (?) smoothies for free at maccas one week if Heskey scored, not very appealing after a few mid strengths. Still collected after the big man got a tap in

Grimario
04-12-2014, 01:32 PM
They had mango (?) smoothies for free at maccas one week if Heskey scored, not very appealing after a few mid strengths. Still collected after the big man got a tap in

Feck, I thought it was mango slushie slurpee things, not smoothies.

A.J.
04-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Feck, I thought it was mango slushie slurpee things, not smoothies.

Probably was...my memory could be hazy from the watered down XXXX

My2BobsWorth
04-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Listen to this this coastie twat. Next he but loving hutchos knob. or is it loved.

I'll let this one go, but make sure it never happens again.