PDA

View Full Version : FFA Cup - NNSWF

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

GazFish35
26-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Agreed forever red. I thought because ffa had taken over the running of the cup this year that it would finally be a fair draw where every team went in the same draw. But good old nnsw rig the draw again. Clubs are playing for a spot in the main draw of a nationally televised competition so how do you MANIPULATE the draw so only 3 teams from your top division (npl) can qualify for the quarter finals. And we still have byes. Ffs there are 8 clubs left. Why are they all not in a draw to play. How do you get a club getting a free pass (bye) into the quarter final stage. Does FFA even know of the ridiculous way nnsw has continually run this competition. Is there any other football federation in this country be it nsw, Victoria, S.A that deliberately draw their npl sides against each other order to make sure they eliminate over half of them before the final series. It is a SCANDAL

Lol. The FFA do it too.
Take some magnesium and chill out.

winner
27-03-2015, 12:16 AM
Lol. The FFA do it too.

Take some magnesium and chill out.
Lol,only difference is FFA do it to ensure the best teams (THE A LEAGUE CLUBS) get bought into the draw at the latter stages. Yiu guys make sure most of the best teams in your area get knocked out by quarter finals. Oh, and I have never seen the FFA have teams progressing straight through to the main draw via a bye drawn out of a cardboard box. FMD you guys up at northern really are top notch

GazFish35
27-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Lol,only difference is FFA do it to ensure the best teams (THE A LEAGUE CLUBS) get bought into the draw at the latter stages. Yiu guys make sure most of the best teams in your area get knocked out by quarter finals. Oh, and I have never seen the FFA have teams progressing straight through to the main draw via a bye drawn out of a cardboard box. FMD you guys up at northern really are top notch

Bentliegh greens beat how many alegue teams?

The professional teams might not start till there's only 32 teams left, but even From that point the draw is controlled.

MFKS
27-03-2015, 08:11 AM

Same FFA who actually rig the draw so one of the NPL sides actually make the semis.
Same FFA who rig the draw so 3 HAL teams are defo knocked out after the first round they are involved as they are MADE to play HAL teams and do not get the opportunity to smash some NPL side??

Northern have plenty of issues and are worthy of criticism make no mistake about it.

You though are pissing into the wind here

GO AWAY
27-03-2015, 08:53 AM
Probably should but they arent... I suppose its so that the Zone clubs get a pathway to the quarter finals... If the fed didn't, then no Zone club would fork out the $$$ to compete in the first place, pay the refs and pay to play at the speers point complex... otherwise its a glorified trial where you get smacked 12-0 by an NPL or 2nd Div club during the First/Second round... its the system we have been blessed with so why waste energy complaining.

Focus on beating Edgeworth

Says he, with Magic getting a bye so far in to the competition ..... pleassssse

The Magician
27-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Luck of the draw

curious_fan
27-03-2015, 09:33 AM
Agreed forever red. I thought because ffa had taken over the running of the cup this year that it would finally be a fair draw where every team went in the same draw. But good old nnsw rig the draw again. Clubs are playing for a spot in the main draw of a nationally televised competition so how do you MANIPULATE the draw so only 3 teams from your top division (npl) can qualify for the quarter finals. And we still have byes. Ffs there are 8 clubs left. Why are they all not in a draw to play. How do you get a club getting a free pass (bye) into the quarter final stage. Does FFA even know of the ridiculous way nnsw has continually run this competition. Is there any other football federation in this country be it nsw, Victoria, S.A that deliberately draw their npl sides against each other order to make sure they eliminate over half of them before the final series. It is a SCANDAL

This has been completely open and in the Preliminary Series Rules since the day Northern first released them so there is no point complaining "conspiracy"or "SCANDAL" now. And yes the FFA know the rules so they obviously accept the ideas behind them.

The rule broke the series up into three pools Northern (all Associations except Newcastle/Lake Mac & Hunter) and they were guaranteed to of eight spots in the Qtr Finals and theat in the first Round of those Qtr Finals they can not draw each other.

NewFM/ID were put into Southern Pool A Four Round 1 and played only each other and were guaranteed three of eight Qtr Finals Spots.

NPL Sides were put into Southern Pool B and would be guaranteed the remaining three spots provided they beat the lower grades clubs they may come up against along the way.

It is done that way do get sides willing to enter, why would a Tamworth side enter or Balina if they might draw Edgie in Round 1 and have to travel 6 hours to get smashed. Why would NewFm teams bother since in theory all NPL clubs should beat them, and so on with the ID teams.

Places in the Finals Series of the FFA Cup (where A League Teams join), is based on the number of initial entrants so the more entrants the more chances you have of retaining our current two places. To get those I think its around 80 sides to keep two spots, Northern makes it worth clubs entering because there is a chance they can make the Qtr Finals.

If all you do is set it up so its 8 NPL Clubs why not just call it an extra Round of the NPL?

ForeverRed
27-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Or you could call it an FA cup competition

Premy
27-03-2015, 10:37 AM
This has been completely open and in the Preliminary Series Rules since the day Northern first released them so there is no point complaining "conspiracy"or "SCANDAL" now. And yes the FFA know the rules so they obviously accept the ideas behind them.

The rule broke the series up into three pools Northern (all Associations except Newcastle/Lake Mac & Hunter) and they were guaranteed to of eight spots in the Qtr Finals and theat in the first Round of those Qtr Finals they can not draw each other.

NewFM/ID were put into Southern Pool A Four Round 1 and played only each other and were guaranteed three of eight Qtr Finals Spots.

NPL Sides were put into Southern Pool B and would be guaranteed the remaining three spots provided they beat the lower grades clubs they may come up against along the way.

It is done that way do get sides willing to enter, why would a Tamworth side enter or Balina if they might draw Edgie in Round 1 and have to travel 6 hours to get smashed. Why would NewFm teams bother since in theory all NPL clubs should beat them, and so on with the ID teams.

Places in the Finals Series of the FFA Cup (where A League Teams join), is based on the number of initial entrants so the more entrants the more chances you have of retaining our current two places. To get those I think its around 80 sides to keep two spots, Northern makes it worth clubs entering because there is a chance they can make the Qtr Finals.

If all you do is set it up so its 8 NPL Clubs why not just call it an extra Round of the NPL?

Because with an open draw there is a chance NPL clubs can meet each other early on in the Cup as there is also a chance of a Zone league Club avoiding a NPL Club all the way through.
That is the beauty of a Cup competition.

Although I agree with the Northern and Southern pools concept to lessen travel on Clubs.

TouchAndPlay
31-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Says he, with Magic getting a bye so far in to the competition ..... pleassssse

To be fair to The Magician, I didn't hear any whinging when they got drawn against the Jaffa's. Luck of the draw, play on!

cobra23
01-04-2015, 01:41 PM
I think everyone agrees with the draw out of the hat theory , but its not and everyone knew that before the start of this years cup.
So stop the whining about byes and who is playing who because at the end of the day northern can only have 2 represtented teams in the final 32. This year the draw allows 3 npl teams insead of 2 compete in the northern nsw quater stages at speers point.
We dont have the luxury like england to have an draw out of the hat option.

ace22
01-04-2015, 10:15 PM
I think everyone agrees with the draw out of the hat theory , but its not and everyone knew that before the start of this years cup.
So stop the whining about byes and who is playing who because at the end of the day northern can only have 2 represtented teams in the final 32. This year the draw allows 3 npl teams insead of 2 compete in the northern nsw quater stages at speers point.
We dont have the luxury like england to have an draw out of the hat option.

Yeah but imagine if the idiots put the 3 nbn sides on the same side of the 8 way knock out draw. To 'gurentee' that another club out of npl made it. The club would get roasted in the Next stage of the cup.

I don't care how they want to get rid of nbn teams as long as 2 go threw in the end so our region is well represented and has a chance in the later stages.

scouser
02-04-2015, 11:29 AM
Yeah but imagine if the idiots put the 3 nbn sides on the same side of the 8 way knock out draw. To 'gurentee' that another club out of npl made it. The club would get roasted in the Next stage of the cup.

I don't care how they want to get rid of nbn teams as long as 2 go threw in the end so our region is well represented and has a chance in the later stages.

Kind of takes the romance of what the FA Cup is all about - how many David vs Goliath stories have unfolded over the many years!

GO AWAY
14-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Azzuri and Edgeworth to go through i think, should be a great night.

MFKS
14-04-2015, 10:10 AM

South V Edgeworth at 6pm
Azzurri V Rosebuds at 8pm

Both games at Lisle Carr on Wednesday night

That's what I heard is that right???

ForeverRed
14-04-2015, 10:42 AM
An extra 2 days break is going to help edgeworth, hardly seems right, I take it nnswf didn't look at the draw before scheduling these fixtures, gunners then need to back up against jets kids who also have had an extra days break after playing on the Saturday, these games don't need to be played until the 20th June yet it's put on midweek after the first comp game

ForeverRed
14-04-2015, 10:43 AM
South V Edgeworth at 6pm
Azzurri V Rosebuds at 8pm

Both games at Lisle Carr on Wednesday night

That's what I heard is that right???
Correct

late_to_the_game
14-04-2015, 11:39 AM

Big call after last Friday night!

cobra23
14-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Big call after last Friday night!

Southy and The buds to go through.

NewyTy
15-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Adamstown paying $3.75 on bet365. I chucked ten on it. Good value but knowing my luck it'll be Azzurri going through.

Newy
15-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Scores??

prawnhead
15-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Scores??

Charlestown were up 1-0 when I left just before half time. Easily the better side.

NewyTy
15-04-2015, 10:20 PM
2-1 Buds now
what was final in 1st game

5-0 Edgy

NewyTy
15-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Cheers Newyty
Sthy result, consistent with all there other teams

All good mate. I reckon Edgy are looking the goods this year. Might have to get to one of their games soon.

NewyTy
15-04-2015, 10:51 PM
who have the signed? they seem to have gone under the radar pre season

Just checked the season preview. New signings were Justin Tannock, Dom Bizzari, Liam O’Reilly & Brenton Olzomer. Yeah I didn't hear much of them during pre-season but they've got some attention now. Should be a good game between them and Olympic on the weekend.

BTW, just saw on twitter that Adamstown and Charlestown is now 4-4. Crazy game by the sounds of things. Scott Smith with a hat-trick.

NewyTy
15-04-2015, 11:00 PM
Will look there next game. I was going to go to the game tonight. Probably should have with so many goals being scored.

late_to_the_game
15-04-2015, 11:38 PM
Will look there next game. I was going to go to the game tonight. Probably should have with so many goals being scored.

Ugly football, but entertaining. Last goal Guy Bates just owned the CCB CB, left him on the ground wondering what happened.

Tonester
16-04-2015, 12:17 AM
Ugly football, but entertaining. Last goal Guy Bates just owned the CCB CB, left him on the ground wondering what happened.

Guy Bates & Matt Hall were easily Buds best,apart from them & Carter there's not much to get carried away with.The big Scot did his knee & could be missing for quite a while.

winner
16-04-2015, 01:36 AM
Guy Bates & Matt Hall were easily Buds best,apart from them & Carter there's not much to get carried away with.The big Scot did his knee & could be missing for quite a while.

Who is Matt Hall

Tonester
16-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Who is Matt Hall

I apologise if I got the name wrong,the no.10.Sorry again.

winner
16-04-2015, 10:14 AM
I apologise if I got the name wrong,the no.10.Sorry again.
Matt Paul tonester

De-Champ
16-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Matt Paul does rhyme with Matt Hall

Tonester
16-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Matt Paul does rhyme with Matt Hall

Either get my hearing checked or throw in a few bucks for a new microphone at Lisle Carr.Thanks for that

GO AWAY
17-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Azzuri were well in the game, until birdy came off injured, on top of losing joel after fifteen minutes. Think was 1-0 to Azzuri when DB came off before Adamstown flew to a 3-1 lead in about the 60th minute.

Observations - Smithy needs some help up the front.
We need a good strong enforcer type CB
GK needs to be looked at, 9 goals in two games.

De-Champ
17-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Azzuri were well in the game, until birdy came off injured, on top of losing joel after fifteen minutes. Think was 1-0 to Azzuri when DB came off before Adamstown flew to a 3-1 lead in about the 60th minute.

Observations - Smithy needs some help up the front.
We need a good strong enforcer type CB
GK needs to be looked at, 9 goals in two games.

Considering Adamstown's centre back (the scottish guy) had to be replaced midway thru' first half, Roger Dowdell had to be replaced in the first half, Bates played on after being injured, as did the the other centre half.
The game was 1-0 to CCB at half time, with CCB could be considered unlucky not to be more as they hit the post and a couple of near misses. Adamstown scored all five goals in the second half, and could have had a few more.
It was a strange game with CCB the better side in the first half and Adamstown the better in the second. A draw would have probably been a fairer result.

Swanky
26-05-2015, 03:29 PM
The draw conducted at Westfield today and posted on Facebook looked a little corrupt. Neither guy that pulled names out of the bowl shook the cards around they just picked up the card on top of the pile that was folded in half as if sat in a particular order

Leftback at Home
26-05-2015, 03:44 PM
The draw for a Knock Out compitition being fixed? Never!!

magician
26-05-2015, 08:11 PM
The draw conducted at Westfield today and posted on Facebook looked a little corrupt. Neither guy that pulled names out of the bowl shook the cards around they just picked up the card on top of the pile that was folded in half as if sat in a particular order

My thoughts exactly. Northern NSW is a joke

The Magician
26-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Got to be in it to win it

RAM
27-05-2015, 01:39 PM

Couldn't have been more suspect IMO.

ForeverRed
27-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Magic fail to get the bye, ICAC called in

cobra23
27-05-2015, 02:37 PM
QUOTE=ForeverRed;122903]Magic fail to get the bye, ICAC called in[/QUOTE]

have fun watching from the side line.:wanker:

ForeverRed
27-05-2015, 05:00 PM
It's a joke mate, loosen your mums panties and lighten up ffs

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
27-05-2015, 06:12 PM
and North Woop Woop FC playing out of the woop woop premier league play ... You guessed it!! Magic FC!

EH9
27-05-2015, 07:54 PM
and North Woop Woop FC playing out of the woop woop premier league play ... You guessed it!! Magic FC!

It was a totally random draw!

RAM
28-05-2015, 10:26 AM

South Woop Woop FC. Get it right.

bighead
29-05-2015, 01:58 PM

Hahaha first thing I noticed. Could have at least used less-transparent bowls. Can't believe magic actually have to play though, scandalous.

scouser
31-05-2015, 10:57 AM
What a joke of a draw! And to think this lot get paid! NNSW football at it again - do they not know how to do a random draw - perhaps they could try balls next time like the World Cup

outsider
31-05-2015, 11:15 AM
What a joke of a draw! And to think this lot get paid! NNSW football at it again - do they not know how to do a random draw - perhaps they could try balls next time like the World Cup

they don't have any.

Drunken ranger
17-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Is there anywhere we place bets on games this weekend ???

MFKS
20-06-2015, 01:15 PM
So assuming Magic take care of Sth Woop Woop today and the draw tonight for tomorrows games comes in and Magic don't get either Edgy/Buds ie the strongest opponent available people are calling it rigged/conspiracy etc???

MFKS
20-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Also Northern have updates on Twitter for anyone wanting to keep abreast of the action

Currently in the West Wallsend v Jesmond game it is 4-4 in extra time after finishing 3-3 after Normal Time

MFKS
20-06-2015, 02:18 PM
West Wallsend through 5-4 in a shootout after a 4-4 draw a.e.t

Tommyjet
20-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Anyone watch Adamstown? How'd travis cooper go?

ForeverRed
20-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Any score updates

MFKS
20-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Adamstown 4-0 over Valo

Currently 4-0 Edgy V Coffs Harbour still going

Magic warming up

MFKS
20-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Magic 1-0 Berlin fk after 10

MFKS
20-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Finished 4-0 to Edgy

MFKS
20-06-2015, 06:00 PM
2-1Magic Tippet with a free header on the back post.

South Woop Woop with a penalty not long aftet

MFKS
20-06-2015, 06:05 PM
3-1 now Tippet with a low finsh one on one with the keeper

Magic ain't exactly on fire but there is a bit of a gulf in class that could get ugly in the second half

MFKS
20-06-2015, 06:23 PM
Ht 3-1 Magic probably should be another goal or two up

Expect the FT score to be closer to 10 than 3

MFKS
20-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Cascaroli with a rocket into the top corner from 20 yards to make it 4

MFKS
20-06-2015, 06:50 PM
5-1 Tippet with a header to complete his hatty

Magic have hit the post missed an open goal and butchered a few more this half

MFKS
20-06-2015, 06:57 PM
6 Berlin with a first time finish past the keeper

winner
20-06-2015, 07:05 PM
Lets see if we can pick the semi draw for tomorrow. I'll go for
EDGEWORTH v ADAMSTOWN
MAGIC v WEST WALLSEND
I know I know, everyone will be shouting conspiracy theories. But imagine the scenario if magic had to play edgy.

MFKS
20-06-2015, 07:09 PM
7 Pauly S

MFKS
20-06-2015, 07:14 PM
FT 7-1

Magic should have won by more

MFKS
20-06-2015, 07:23 PM
Draw is done its rigged:brrr:

Buds V Edgy at 10

Magic V West Wallsend at 12

Cuz
20-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Westy v jesmond most entertaining game today in my opinion

Cuz
20-06-2015, 07:33 PM
Jesmond deserved the win. Very unlucky

onlooker
20-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Jesmond did well to come back from 3-0 down I'd also say they did well to finish with full 11 on pitch.

Retro Jet
20-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Cascaroli with a rocket into the top corner from 20 yards to make it 4

Can't wait to see him at work on Mon and tell him he jagged it lol

cobra23
20-06-2015, 11:35 PM
Draw is done its rigged:brrr:

Buds V Edgy at 10

Magic V West Wallsend at 12

lets get ready to rumblllllllle.
3 2 1

evolution
21-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Edgeworth defeated Adamstown 3-0

Magic defeated West Wallsend 13-0 (yes that says thirteen)

WolfMan
21-06-2015, 04:02 PM
Glad I didn't go back today. Yesterday's matches were all very enjoyable.

I would have gotten very bored (being a neutral) with that cricket score

halo se7en
21-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Glad I didn't go back today. Yesterday's matches were all very enjoyable.

I would have gotten very bored (being a neutral) with that cricket score

It probably wasn't any different to the game last night against Armidale, except without the terrible finishing/decent keeping/woodwork.

outsider
21-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Edgeworth defeated Adamstown 3-0

Magic defeated West Wallsend 13-0 (yes that says thirteen)

So Magic were understrength then?

ForeverRed
21-06-2015, 06:45 PM
bit embarrassing, maybe nnswf will put all teams in the hat next time

The Postman
21-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Magic had a full strength team, didn't look like they left second gear though, boring game.

winner
21-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Agreed. This was always going to happen when nnsw continually rig the draw to make sure clubs from the lower divisions make it through to the quarter finals. Either only bring the npl clubs in for the last 2 rounds or just put everyone in the magical hat and anyone can draw anyone from round 1

judge
21-06-2015, 09:04 PM
Agreed FR these last 2 days if you haven't already played an NPL team maybe you shouldn't be there. This would also make sure Northern will be represented by the best 2 teams.

pv4
21-06-2015, 10:04 PM

They did this the first year, and it was absolutely unreal.

The year after, they gave free entry but claimed that the rigged fixture system was why more teams entered the competition.

They created their own bs story to cover up what was an exciting and great part of what was the State/Solo Cup - being the random draw, the glory of a cup competition, etc. Speak to any of the guys from the Muswellbrook/Weston game from years back and they'll tell you how great it was.

All teams in a hat from the first round, give it a try and see how it goes! Also, get someone not tied in with Magic to draw it out :lol:

The Magician
21-06-2015, 10:45 PM
Official Westfield FFA Cup hashtag says it all.... #Magicofthecup

WolfMan
22-06-2015, 09:16 AM
It probably wasn't any different to the game last night against Armidale, except without the terrible finishing/decent keeping/woodwork.

Yeh, I left about 15 mins into the second half of that match as well. For the same reasons

Leftback at Home
22-06-2015, 10:36 AM
May also have something to do with playing back to back days. I would imagine NBN would have superior fitness to be able to cope, Westy went to penalties the day before (high emotional & physical toll) whilst Magic had (from all reports) a training run.

cobra23
22-06-2015, 10:57 AM
May also have something to do with playing back to back days. I would imagine NBN would have superior fitness to be able to cope, Westy went to penalties the day before (high emotional & physical toll) whilst Magic had (from all reports) a training run.

c,mon mate,
regardless, the scoreline would have been the same.
any top nbn team would have done the same thing to westy yesterday unfortunatly. thats why the are bottom half of newfm.
get out of your bubble

Leftback at Home
22-06-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm not saying Westy would not have lost & lost well, just the scoreline may have been closer.

The Magician
22-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Its a cup competition... David vs goliath... even though we expect David to give Goliath a run for his money, usually Goliath teaches David a devastating lesson, thats life, its a jungle out there.

To keep the integrity of the competition and to ensure maximum participants from our region all teams need to be able to reach the stage Westy and Jesmond did, this years qualification run has been a huge success for those clubs.

And to think otherwise would not be in the spirit of the game, whats next, opposition (lower division opponent) picks starting lineups for NPL teams? NPL teams come in last round? NPL teams play with only 9 men?

Sometimes the facts hurt but thats reality; Magic U22's comprehensively beat Northern Inlands best and West Wallsend struggled against 4th Division opponents.

winner
22-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Its a cup competition... David vs goliath... even
though we expect David to give Goliath a run for his money, usually Goliath teaches David a devastating lesson, thats life, its a jungle out there.

To keep the integrity of the competition and to ensure maximum participants from our region all teams need to be able to reach the stage Westy and Jesmond did, this years qualification run has been a huge success for those clubs.

And to think otherwise would not be in the spirit of the game, whats next, opposition (lower division opponent) picks starting lineups for NPL teams? NPL teams come in last round? NPL teams play with only 9 men?

Sometimes the facts hurt but thats reality; Magic U22's comprehensively beat Northern Inlands best and West Wallsend struggled against 4th Division opponents.

And hopefully magic's first win in a month, agaisnt weaker teams from lower divisions,will help kick start their season. Because they have struggled against fellow NPL clubs in recent times. But hey sometimes the facts hurt Magician but thats reality. From what I watched over the weekend I think magic could be headed for their 4th NPL loss on the trot against the high flying eagles this weekend.

The Magician
22-06-2015, 02:37 PM
And hopefully magic's first win in a month, agaisnt weaker teams from lower divisions,will help kick start their season. Because they have struggled against fellow NPL clubs in recent times. But hey sometimes the facts hurt Magician but thats reality. From what I watched over the weekend I think magic could be headed for their 4th NPL loss on the trot against the high flying eagles this weekend.

No one is disputing the facts or trying to hide anything, yes we are not in the best form... but the facts are the facts.. last time magic played edgeworth it was quite the match... but we will sure will find out after this weekend

Dontknowmuch
22-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Its a cup competition... David vs goliath... even though we expect David to give Goliath a run for his money, usually Goliath teaches David a devastating lesson, thats life, its a jungle out there.

No senior side should have to play two (2) full games on the one (1) weekend especially at the top level. Most have jobs to go to on Monday. Its crazy. Needs to be better programmed, its not good as a spectacle obviously from previous posts and can contribute to serious injuries as it probably did for young Virgili. Was it him that injured himself at the same ground in the pre season?

Anyway the comp is set up for the NPL teams which is probably the right thing to do as they are the best teams but giving them marked advantages throughout the comp takes away a bit from what I believe the competition was set up for, obviously NPL teams would have a greater advantage backing up the next day so why do it.

When they get to this stage (last 4 or maybe even 8) they should be home and away fixtures so supporters can get behind them played on weekends over 2 weeks and there club fixtures moved to mid weeks. Then we will give clubs from all levels an even chance and clubs a chance to profit from their success.

Just my thoughts

The Magician
22-06-2015, 02:54 PM
No senior side should have to play two (2) full games on the one (1) weekend especially at the top level. Most have jobs to go to on Monday. Its crazy. Needs to be better programmed, its not good as a spectacle obviously from previous posts and can contribute to serious injuries as it probably did for young Virgili. Was it him that injured himself at the same ground in the pre season?

Anyway the comp is set up for the NPL teams which is probably the right thing to do as they are the best teams but giving them marked advantages throughout the comp takes away a bit from what I believe the competition was set up for, obviously NPL teams would have a greater advantage backing up the next day so why do it.

When they get to this stage (last 4 or maybe even 8) they should be home and away fixtures so supporters can get behind them played on weekends over 2 weeks and there club fixtures moved to mid weeks. Then we will give clubs from all levels an even chance and clubs a chance to profit from their success.

Just my thoughts

When it was in Coffs harbour the final would be played Sunday afternoon if it involved a team from up there... thats 3 games for the weekend for those teams, could have been even more?.

Well the result almost makes this weekends fixture of Magic vs Eagles the unofficial State Cup Final. See you all at Magic park to get behind NNSWF's representatives for the FFA Cup Round of 32.

evolution
22-06-2015, 09:43 PM
Not sure if the Westy goalkeeper was injured or went to the BK school of diving but he barely moved for most of the Broadmeadow goals I saw. Had a defender taking his goal kicks go I'd wager it was the former.

halo se7en
22-06-2015, 09:59 PM

Just my thoughts

I agree 2 games in 2 days isn't ideal, but it had nothing to do with Virgili getting injured. He didn't play the first game, and the injury seemed to come from awkward contact with an opposing player, not because he'd run himself into the ground.

Drunken ranger
22-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Not sure if the Westy goalkeeper was injured or went to the BK school of diving but he barely moved for most of the Broadmeadow goals I saw. Had a defender taking his goal kicks go I'd wager it was the former.
Injured he was limping on Saturday if he took a goal kick it went short he wasn't right to start with then started limping late in the second half

cobra23
23-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Injured he was limping on Saturday if he took a goal kick it went short he wasn't right to start with then started limping late in the second half

Injured or not, those goals would not have been stopped..

winner
28-06-2015, 08:33 PM
When it was in Coffs harbour the final would be played Sunday afternoon if it involved a team from up there... thats 3 games for the weekend for those teams, could have been even more?.

Well the result almost makes this weekends fixture of Magic vs Eagles the unofficial State Cup Final. See you all at Magic park to get behind NNSWF's representatives for the FFA Cup Round of 32.

Congrats to edgy on winning the unofficial State Cup Final at Wanderers today. Welcome back to the NPL and your 4th straight NPL loss magic. Reality has returned after knocking in 20 goals against two struggling lower division sides last week. No disrespect intended to the two lower division teams

cobra23
29-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Congrats to edgy on winning the unofficial State Cup Final at Wanderers today. Welcome back to the NPL and your 4th straight NPL loss magic. Reality has returned after knocking in 20 goals against two struggling lower division sides last week. No disrespect intended to the two lower division teams

as a magic supporter, 100% agree with ya here winner.
daja vu starting to kick in from last season, formation and lineups need to be changed.

magician
29-07-2015, 09:10 PM
3-0 Heidelberg. 40mins in
Heidelberg taking the pi**

ForeverRed
04-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Good to see edgeworth promoting the gunners strip, WTF

Beachedas
04-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Game now live on fox sports 5 for anyone interested

NearlyALegend
29-12-2015, 11:04 AM
Anyone know when this seasons FFA Cup draw will be done?

winner
29-12-2015, 06:15 PM
Anyone know when this seasons FFA Cup draw will be done?
Magic have drawn the bye

hamburgler
29-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Magic have drawn the bye

Surely no-one can be surprised by that!

ForeverRed
30-12-2015, 07:59 AM
Straight to the final I heard

GO AWAY
30-12-2015, 09:04 AM
Straight to the final I heard

at magic park with eland referee

winner
01-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Merry New Year evereebodii

NearlyALegend
04-01-2016, 02:35 AM
Any news on draw?

scouser
05-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Anyone got a copy of the 2016 draw - I notice the first NNSW cup matches are supposed to be played on the 20th/21st February yet the FFA Cup website says nominations are closed 26th Feb

RANGER09
14-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Draw to take place next week for zone teams

NearlyALegend
21-01-2016, 12:13 AM
does this include New-FM teams and also its next week and nothing is reported

RAM
21-01-2016, 11:17 AM
can one of you mod ****s approve my FFA Cup Northern thread?

GazFish35
21-01-2016, 11:34 AM
This **** has done it.
I don't frequent to local section much and threads approvals don't show up on my dumbPhone

RAM
21-01-2016, 11:50 AM
This **** has done it.
I don't frequent to local section much and threads approvals don't show up on my dumbPhone

:rof: thanks ****

LongSufferingFan
21-01-2016, 12:26 PM
FFA Cup draw is being done at midday today.
There is an article about it on the FFA Cup website
http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/northern-nsw-to-hold-first-draw/xntx4r23ybtlzmbc47pb8n2b

Southern pool rd 1 has 44 entrants (NewFM and zone league teams - 22 games) then NPL clubs join in Rd 2 and play the winners of the first 9 games in rd 1.

Drunken ranger
21-01-2016, 01:07 PM
FFA Cup draw is being done at midday today.
There is an article about it on the FFA Cup website
http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/northern-nsw-to-hold-first-draw/xntx4r23ybtlzmbc47pb8n2b

Southern pool rd 1 has 44 entrants (NewFM and zone league teams - 22 games) then NPL clubs join in Rd 2 and play the winners of the first 9 games in rd 1.

Is there a link to watch live

PC14
21-01-2016, 01:13 PM
They are live tweeting it and uploading a video later I believe.

MFKS
21-01-2016, 01:20 PM
They are live tweeting it and uploading a video later I believe.

Is that so they can choreograph it correctly so certain clubs get byes??

FFS just stream it live on the internet FFS

Not hard

NewyTy
21-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Here's the draw off of NNSWF's twitter. They left out who the winner of Match 4 plays, most likely Hamilton Olympic. Not sure on how Matches 10-22 work out in the next round. They'd play each other but there's probably going to be a bye or two. Some interesting match-ups in Round 1 and potential match-ups in Round 2.

Match 1: RAAF Williamtown Football Club v Hunter Simba FC
*Winner of Match 1 to play Maitland FC

Match 2: Hamilton Azzurri FC v Barnsley United Soccer Club
*Winner of Match 2 to play Broadmeadow Magic FC

Match 3: Dudley-Redhead Jr. (ZL3) v Muswellbrook FC
*Winner of Match 3 to play Edgeworth Eagles FC

Match 4: Mayfield United Snr. v Bolwarra Lorn
*Winner of Match 4 to play TBA
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Match 5: Garden Suburb Football Club v Kotara South Football Club
*Winner of Match 5 to play Lambton Jaffas FC

Match 6: Nelson Bay FC v Beresfield FC
*Winner of Match 6 to play Weston Workers Bears FC

Match 7: Maryland Fletcher FC v Wallsend F.C.
*Winner of Match 7 to play Charlestown City Blues

Match 8: Lake Macquarie City Roosters Football Club v Cardiff City Tigers
*Winner of Match 8 to play Valentine FC
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Match 9: South Cardiff FC v Cessnock City Hornets FC
*Winner of Match 9 to play Adamstown Rosebud FC

Match 10: Raymond Terrace Soccer Club v Westlakes Wildcats FC
*Winner of Match 10 to play TBA

Match 11: Stockton Sharks v West Wallsend SFC
*Winner of Match 11 to play TBA

Match 12: Thornton Redbacks v Edgeworth (ZL3)
*Winner of Match 12 to play TBA
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Match 13: Newcastle University F.C. v New Lambton FC ZL3
*Winner of Match 13 to play TBA

Match 14: Medowie Football Club v Mayfield United Junior Soccer Football Club
*Winner of Match 14 to play TBA

Match 15: Cooks Hill United FC v Dudley-Redhead (ZPL)
*Winner of Match 15 to play TBA

Match 16: Warners Bay Football Club v Morisset United FC
*Winner of Match 16 to play TBA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Match 17: Jesmond FC v Tenambit Sharks
*Winner of Match 17 to play TBA

Match 18: Beresfield United SSC v Toronto Awaba Stags Football Club
*Winner of Match 18 to play TBA

Match 19: Kahibah Football Club v Newcastle Suns Football Club
*Winner of Match 19 to play TBA

Match 20: Merewether Advance v Kurri Kurri Roosters
*Winner of Match 20 to play TBA
Match 21: Charlestown Junior Football Club v Singleton Strikers F.C
*Winner of Match 21 to play TBA

Match 22: Swansea Football Club v Belmont-Swansea United F.C
*Winner of Match 22 to play TBA

Premy
21-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Get in Derby against Kotara 1st round, brilliant this is what Cup Football is for.

RAM
21-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Is that so they can choreograph it correctly so certain clubs get byes??

FFS just stream it live on the internet FFS

Not hard

this

as transparent as FIFA this mob

EH9
21-01-2016, 02:39 PM
Here's the draw off of NNSWF's twitter. They left out who the winner of Match 4 plays, most likely Hamilton Olympic. Not sure on how Matches 10-22 work out in the next round. They'd play each other but there's probably going to be a bye or two. Some interesting match-ups in Round 1 and potential match-ups in Round 2.

What odds would I have got for a Belswans v's Swansea first round match up 2 years in a row!!! Terrible coincidence.

KSSFC
21-01-2016, 02:42 PM
Get in Derby against Kotara 1st round, brilliant this is what Cup Football is for.

Premy, we cant wait.

The Spy
21-01-2016, 02:43 PM
ZL1 GF rematch too

salmon
21-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Some really great match ups in there!

Maryland vs. Wallsend derby and Swansea vs. Belswans derby should be crackers straight up.

Really tough First Round fixtures for the Zone League newboys Bolwarra and Hamilton Azzurri against Mayfield and Barnsley respectively. Will be interesting to see how these guys go against traditionally really strong clubs. Welcome to the FFA Cup lads

NewyTy
21-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Forgot to mention that Matches 10-21 will see teams play each other. 10 plays 11, 12 plays 13, etc. Winner of Swansea v Belswans gets a Round 2 bye. Would be interesting tie between Magic and Hamilton Azzurri in Round 2 if both the newcomers go through.

The Postman
21-01-2016, 03:24 PM
They have times and which days yet?

NewyTy
21-01-2016, 03:32 PM
They have times and which days yet?

Not just yet from what I've seen.

anfield
21-01-2016, 03:51 PM
I think NNSW should look at draw structure. Round 1 should be for league 2 and League 3 teams.

In round 2 ZPL and League one teams could join.

In round 3 NPL and New Fm could join.

Its a little ridiculas that a league 3 team could play an NPL team in second round.

ForeverRed
21-01-2016, 04:08 PM
thats what cup football is all about, structuring it so other teams get a free ride isn't cup football, your in it or your not,

Cunning stunts
21-01-2016, 04:11 PM
what date are these matches?

and when are the grounds announced?

NewyTy
21-01-2016, 04:19 PM
what date are these matches?

and when are the grounds announced?

Round 1 is Feb 20/21 and Round 2 is Feb 27/28 and all games are on the synthetic fields out at Speers Point.

Premy
21-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Premy, we cant wait.

Always a good tough game, absolute buzzing hurry up 20/21st February.

anfield
21-01-2016, 05:08 PM
thats what cup football is all about, structuring it so other teams get a free ride isn't cup football, your in it or your not,

The best domestic cup competition is the fa cup. 734 teams enter, all premier league and championship dont come into the there is only 64 teams. Round 3, thats after the other 2 rounds and qualifying rounds.

Cup Football? Hey???

The Magician
21-01-2016, 05:23 PM
DISGRACEFUL!!! Magic didn't get the BYE... SACK NNSWF!!!

Local Rules
21-01-2016, 05:30 PM
DISGRACEFUL!!! Magic didn't get the BYE... SACK NNSWF!!!

Hey Magician. Whoever has the bye can't get it again in later rounds as far as I know. Don't sack them yet it may still come true.

ForeverRed
21-01-2016, 05:42 PM
don't worry, it'll come

Goatscheese
21-01-2016, 08:11 PM
I think NNSW should look at draw structure. Round 1 should be for league 2 and League 3 teams.

In round 2 ZPL and League one teams could join.

In round 3 NPL and New Fm could join.

Its a little ridiculas that a league 3 team could play an NPL team in second round.

Meh it hardly matters when come the final it is going to be two A-league sides playing.

De-Champ
21-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Meh it hardly matters when come the final it is going to be two A-league sides playing.

now there is confidence

Drunken ranger
21-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Azzurri to beat Barnsley
Bero to beat Toronto

ForeverRed
22-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Where'd new lambton eagles zone premier league team or am I missing something

Premy
22-01-2016, 10:22 AM

Good question.
Also I'm assuming Swansea V Bel-Swans and Charlestown V Singleton is not at Lake Macqurie Football Facility?

namwob99
22-01-2016, 11:04 AM
As you can only have 1 team from each club register in the comp, maybe the 3s are playing instead of the ZPL?

leftrightout
22-01-2016, 11:10 AM

I assume like Cooks Hill (NEWFM and L1) they can only have one team entry per club... even over multiple divisions

leftrightout
22-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Azzurri to beat Barnsley
Bero to beat Toronto

I agree on Bero... Azzuri to beat Barnsley is a big call though. Brand new team, do you know something others dont?

salmon
22-01-2016, 11:55 AM
I agree on Bero... Azzuri to beat Barnsley is a big call though. Brand new team, do you know something others dont?

I've heard it was Azzuri's previous All Age (J grade?) team making up majority of their 1st Grade. I could be wrong but regardless it will be a tough ask to beat Barnsley straight up..

NewyTy
22-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Just to clarify, New Lambton ZPL team is the team that is playing in the FFA Cup. I made a mistake when I copied it off of NNSWF's twitter. Apparently games aren't being played at Speers Point. Northern expected to confirm venues and times sometime today.

Drunken ranger
22-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Got a feeling that it's possible
Barnsley are having a tough preseason and will be playing a trial the week before so they could win but I see azzurri giving zl3 a real crack and the Bulldogs a tough hit out

idontwannaplaywithhowey
22-01-2016, 02:17 PM

New Lambton's ZPL side are the team that will be involved in this season FFA Cup. Sadly due to the competition rules our ZL3 side wont have the opportunity to be involved. It's a shame as they were very keen to test themselves again this year in this competition.

namwob99
22-01-2016, 03:22 PM
I've heard it was Azzuri's previous All Age (J grade?) team making up majority of their 1st Grade. I could be wrong but regardless it will be a tough ask to beat Barnsley straight up..
The Azzuri Magpies will be a tough test for Barnsley.

Premy
22-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Just to clarify, New Lambton ZPL team is the team that is playing in the FFA Cup. I made a mistake when I copied it off of NNSWF's twitter. Apparently gamesaren't being played at Speers Point. Northern expected to confirm venues and times sometime today.
Cheers, any update on this yet?

NewyTy
22-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Cheers, any update on this yet?

Not yet. Considering it's nearing close of business might have to wait until next week.

Retro Jet
23-01-2016, 12:34 AM
New Lambton's ZPL side are the team that will be involved in this season FFA Cup. Sadly due to the competition rules our ZL3 side wont have the opportunity to be involved. It's a shame as they were very keen to test themselves again this year in this competition.

So you guys have merged with the Junior club? i.e. Just leaving ZPL as 'the club' sole representative?
Maybe I missed that somewhere along the line in NewieFozland.
Otherwise I'm quoting the Dudley clause.

MonkeyKplunk
25-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Final Fixtures came out today.
So much for ZFL Joint Board assuring us that no prelim rounds were being played at Speers Point.
I can only assume NNSWF and ZFL Board don't actually communicate.

Apparently the timing of the games is to help with the heat in the middle of the day. At least someone was sensible about that aspect.

(Sorry about the formatting. Just copied and pasted from PDF)

Northern NSW Football Preliminary Round Fixtures

Round 1 - Southern Pool

20/02/16 Garden Suburb FC v Kotara South LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 9:00am
20/02/16 Maryland Fletcher FC v Wallsend FC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 11:00am
20/02/16 Dudley Redhead Utd Juniors v Muswellbrook FC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 4:00pm
20/02/16 Mayfield Utd Senior FC v Bolwarra Lorn JSC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 6:00pm

20/02/16 Hamilton Azzurri v Barnsley Utd LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 9:30am
20/02/16 RAAF Williamtown FC v Hunter Simba FC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 11:30am
20/02/16 Nelson Bay FC v Beresfield FC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 4:30pm
20/02/16 Thornton Redbacks FC v Edgeworth JSC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 6:30pm

20/02/16 Raymond Terrace SC v Westlakes Wildcats Macquarie Field (Creek Reserve Rd, Speers Point) 3:00pm
20/02/16 South Cardiff FC v Cessnock City FC Macquarie Field (Creek Reserve Rd, Speers Point) 5:00pm
20/02/16 Lake Macquarie City FC v Cardiff City FC Macquarie Field (Creek Reserve Rd, Speers Point) 7:00pm

21/02/16 Cooks Hill Utd FC v Dudley Redhead Utd Senior FC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 9:00am
21/02/16 Stockton Sharks v West Wallsend SFC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 11:00am
21/02/16 Jesmond FC v Tenambit Sharks FC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 4:00pm
21/02/16 Beresfield Utd Senior SC v Toronto Awaba FC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 6:00pm

21/02/16 Newcastle University Mens FC v New Lambton FC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 9:30am
21/02/16 Warners Bay FC v Morisset Utd FC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 11:30am
21/02/16 Medowie FC v Mayfield Utd JSFC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 4:30pm
21/02/16 Kahibah FC v Newcastle Suns FC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 6:30pm

21/02/16 Merewether Advance SFC v Kurri Kurri Roosters Macquarie Field (Creek Reserve Rd, Speers Point) 3:00pm
21/02/16 Charlestown Junior FC v Singleton FC Macquarie Field (Creek Reserve Rd, Speers Point) 5:00pm
21/02/16 Swansea FC v Belmont Swansea Utd FC Macquarie Field (Creek Reserve Rd, Speers Point) 7:00pm

idontwannaplaywithhowey
25-01-2016, 03:35 PM
So you guys have merged with the Junior club? i.e. Just leaving ZPL as 'the club' sole representative?
Maybe I missed that somewhere along the line in NewieFozland.
Otherwise I'm quoting the Dudley clause.

Yea mate, we have created a formal structure (been in conversations for a while) that aligns the junior and senior clubs.

Local Rules
25-01-2016, 04:13 PM
So much for ZFL Joint Board assuring us that no prelim rounds were being played at Speers Point.
I can only assume NNSWF and ZFL Board don't actually communicate.

Apparently the timing of the games is to help with the heat in the middle of the day. At least someone was sensible about that aspect.

(Sorry about the formatting. Just copied and pasted from PDF)

Round 1 - Southern Pool

20/02/16 Garden Suburb FC v Kotara South LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 9:00am
20/02/16 Maryland Fletcher FC v Wallsend FC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 11:00am
20/02/16 Dudley Redhead Utd Juniors v Muswellbrook FC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 4:00pm
20/02/16 Mayfield Utd Senior FC v Bolwarra Lorn JSC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 6:00pm

20/02/16 Hamilton Azzurri v Barnsley Utd LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 9:30am
20/02/16 RAAF Williamtown FC v Hunter Simba FC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 11:30am
20/02/16 Nelson Bay FC v Beresfield FC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 4:30pm
20/02/16 Thornton Redbacks FC v Edgeworth JSC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 6:30pm

20/02/16 Raymond Terrace SC v Westlakes Wildcats Macquarie Field (Creek Reserve Rd, Speers Point) 3:00pm
20/02/16 South Cardiff FC v Cessnock City FC Macquarie Field (Creek Reserve Rd, Speers Point) 5:00pm
20/02/16 Lake Macquarie City FC v Cardiff City FC Macquarie Field (Creek Reserve Rd, Speers Point) 7:00pm

21/02/16 Cooks Hill Utd FC v Dudley Redhead Utd Senior FC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 9:00am
21/02/16 Stockton Sharks v West Wallsend SFC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 11:00am
21/02/16 Jesmond FC v Tenambit Sharks FC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 4:00pm
21/02/16 Beresfield Utd Senior SC v Toronto Awaba FC LMRFF – Field 1 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 6:00pm

21/02/16 Newcastle University Mens FC v New Lambton FC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 9:30am
21/02/16 Warners Bay FC v Morisset Utd FC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 11:30am
21/02/16 Medowie FC v Mayfield Utd JSFC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 4:30pm
21/02/16 Kahibah FC v Newcastle Suns FC LMRFF – Field 2 (Park Rd, Speers Point) 6:30pm

21/02/16 Merewether Advance SFC v Kurri Kurri Roosters Macquarie Field (Creek Reserve Rd, Speers Point) 3:00pm
21/02/16 Charlestown Junior FC v Singleton FC Macquarie Field (Creek Reserve Rd, Speers Point) 5:00pm
21/02/16 Swansea FC v Belmont Swansea Utd FC Macquarie Field (Creek Reserve Rd, Speers Point) 7:00pm

So with games being played at LMRFF and Macquarie Field why don't NNSWFF approach Lake Macquarie Council about a revamp of the ground to incorporate it into the LMRFF. If they did this they could eliminate the old field that was used by Macquarie Academy for parking and set Macquarie field up as a boutique stadium of around 15,000 seats to house the Jets Youth and W League as well as playoffs for all divisions. If it was managed properly and maintained to a high standard, I know it is a stretch, but it would be a neutral ground for all contests and the artificial fields could be used as warmup areas if the stand and changerooms on the eastern side of the ground linked through the existing hill to the LMRFF.

the_butcher
25-01-2016, 06:54 PM
The Azzuri Magpies will be a tough test for Barnsley.

Azzurri Magpies? Calm down bowman, Thomo, Sayers & Westy are the only pies on our books and they have come from All Age. The rest of the team is made up of our last year's All Age H Grade team. Trust me, if we only get done by a couple of goals we will be pretty happy haha

riverboy
26-01-2016, 06:47 PM
Azzurri Magpies? Calm down bowman, Thomo, Sayers & Westy are the only pies on our books and they have come from All Age. The rest of the team is made up of our last year's All Age H Grade team. Trust me, if we only get done by a couple of goals we will be pretty happy haha

Good to see another all age club step up. Had a look , pretty good record in all age last year only lost the one game.

Going to need all that experience, zone leagues is good football. Especially if you get draw against a league one team in ffa cup.

Goatscheese
31-01-2016, 10:07 PM
So with games being played at LMRFF and Macquarie Field why don't NNSWFF approach Lake Macquarie Council about a revamp of the ground to incorporate it into the LMRFF. If they did this they could eliminate the old field that was used by Macquarie Academy for parking and set Macquarie field up as a boutique stadium of around 15,000 seats to house the Jets Youth and W League as well as playoffs for all divisions. If it was managed properly and maintained to a high standard, I know it is a stretch, but it would be a neutral ground for all contests and the artificial fields could be used as warmup areas if the stand and changerooms on the eastern side of the ground linked through the existing hill to the LMRFF.

That's a brilliant idea, which will explain why it will never be implemented.

terryk
31-01-2016, 11:40 PM

That's a brilliant idea, which will explain why it will never be implemented.

That's a really good idea, NOT. What opportunity do clubs have to make any coin if we centralise games of football to Northerns Super Excellent Centre? Seriously I find it abhorrent that all these FFA cup games will be played there in the first place. A problematic pitch, heat issues, injury issues, lack of experience on synthetics, poor spectator and viewing facilities, and to be honest some pretty ordinary food options from the commercial grade kitchen, and of course watching the illuminati of the Northern Administration pucker around the venue like a Rooster round his chicken coop, as if they build the place with their own blood sweet and tears, and contributed money from their own pockets.

Why should there be neutral grounds? Why is that important? If its based on the luck of the draw then it should not matter, ie. first club pulled gets the home game. Happens all over the world. I just could not imagine what clubs of the FA would be thinking if their games were all taken from them and played at Wembly for the benefit of only the FA. Seriously!

I suppose other factors that would sink this idea are lack of parking, where exactly are you going to park 3000-4000 cars if at full capacity? Why would LMCC invest in a venue that they will have no direct control over? Why would they invest in a such a venue when they could easily spend much less money but offer much greater improvements to other council grounds less than 10 mins away, ie. Edgeworth, South Cardiff? Why would we look to take football out of the population mass in the Newcastle City Council and Northern Eastern Lake Macquarie areas and send it to some supposed geographical centre of the region with no, or very little, public transport and transport infrastructure?

Where will Lake Macquarie play? Or will we gift them a brand new stadia because they have placed so much effort and work and money into the current facility over the last 50 years? I don't think we should reward clubs who do nothing to improve and advance themselves. On this point even South Cardiff deserve something because they at least did their drainage and built the Chicken Coop.

Goatscheese
01-02-2016, 12:03 AM
That's a really good idea, NOT. What opportunity do clubs have to make any coin if we centralise games of football to Northerns Super Excellent Centre? Seriously I find it abhorrent that all these FFA cup games will be played there in the first place. A problematic pitch, heat issues, injury issues, lack of experience on synthetics, poor spectator and viewing facilities, and to be honest some pretty ordinary food options from the commercial grade kitchen, and of course watching the illuminati of the Northern Administration pucker around the venue like a Rooster round his chicken coop, as if they build the place with their own blood sweet and tears, and contributed money from their own pockets.

Why should there be neutral grounds? Why is that important? If its based on the luck of the draw then it should not matter, ie. first club pulled gets the home game. Happens all over the world. I just could not imagine what clubs of the FA would be thinking if their games were all taken from them and played at Wembly for the benefit of only the FA. Seriously!

I suppose other factors that would sink this idea are lack of parking, where exactly are you going to park 3000-4000 cars if at full capacity? Why would LMCC invest in a venue that they will have no direct control over? Why would they invest in a such a venue when they could easily spend much less money but offer much greater improvements to other council grounds less than 10 mins away, ie. Edgeworth, South Cardiff? Why would we look to take football out of the population mass in the Newcastle City Council and Northern Eastern Lake Macquarie areas and send it to some supposed geographical centre of the region with no, or very little, public transport and transport infrastructure?

Where will Lake Macquarie play? Or will we gift them a brand new stadia because they have placed so much effort and work and money into the current facility over the last 50 years? I don't think we should reward clubs who do nothing to improve and advance themselves. On this point even South Cardiff deserve something because they at least did their drainage and built the Chicken Coop.

I don't know why you are talking about the cup games (something which is already happening) when LR said that it would the home of the Jets Youth and the W-league and then other clubs playing a 'home' game there is is for playoffs. The FA cup has their final at a neutral ground don't see why the grand finals can't be played there.

The Postman
01-02-2016, 12:11 AM
What's stopping them adding a grandstand to the somewhat forgotten pitch near the pool that's made of real grass.

Bremsstrahlung
01-02-2016, 09:55 AM
Will be interesting to see how many injuries there are. There were a couple last year with only a few games.

If they want this to be a better venue, give the spectators a decent place to sit and watch the game. For such a good facility they really didn't accommodate the spectators. Build a new grandstand or something that actually provides a good view.

De-Champ
01-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Will be interesting to see how many injuries there are. There were a couple last year with only a few games.

If they want this to be a better venue, give the spectators a decent place to sit and watch the game. For such a good facility they really didn't accommodate the spectators. Build a new grandstand or something that actually provides a good view.

They like it because the ball can't go anywhere with that wire fence around the ground.

Jardelsimage
01-02-2016, 08:54 PM
thank god, I thought I was the only person who thought this was the biggest waste of 5mil??? I have ever witnessed, :wink:
I actually spoke to a NNSWFA director and mentioned the same ideas, his words, council wouldn't do it.
My suggestion was build facility's on the other side, opposite side the grandstand at Macquarie field, incorporating sheds, viewing areas, bars, etc, instead of that embarrassing building they built that cant fit everyone in anyway..
smart people running our game, I think not........

RAM
02-02-2016, 11:58 AM
first experience of the Centre last year, playing in the FFA Cup finals

my impressions - no parking, no proper spectator area, change rooms a bit cramped, nice canteen albeit incapable of servicing large crowds, can't fault the surface although it did cause some knee issues for some guys

GO AWAY
05-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Azzuri v Plattsburgh or Wallsend 27th Feb ??
Olympic v Bolwarra or Mayfield
Lambton v Kotara or Suburbs

What i have heard

Premy
05-02-2016, 07:14 PM

Attention Go Away, as you can see all NPL Clubs have already been drawn an opponent pending rd1 results.

onlooker
11-02-2016, 02:06 PM
So it looks like a first round bye or a game against and all age team for merewether and jesmond with Kurri and Tenambit folding.

Sir
11-02-2016, 03:00 PM

Round 1 - Southern Pool

Thanks posting. You covering any of these games, good sir?

NewyTy
11-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Thanks posting. You covering any of these games, good sir?

Not sure if this was directed at MonkeyKplunk or myself but I'm thinking it's me. I'll be covering both days and hopefully get a lot of photos and maybe some interviews. Will be a test of mental fatigue to watch that much football (especially two fields at once) over two days but I'm keen.

As for now I'm tipping Swansea to dump Belswans out for the second straight year, Beresfield will knock Toronto out, Thornton and Singo to ease through ZL3 opposition and Mayfield Seniors to lap Bolwarra-Lorn (no offence to those ZL3 teams). Will put up tips for all games sometime next week.

Drunken ranger
11-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Not sure if this was directed at MonkeyKplunk or myself but I'm thinking it's me. I'll be covering both days and hopefully get a lot of photos and maybe some interviews. Will be a test of mental fatigue to watch that much football (especially two fields at once) over two days but I'm keen.

As for now I'm tipping Swansea to dump Belswans out for the second straight year, Beresfield will knock Toronto out, Thornton and Singo to ease through ZL3 opposition and Mayfield Seniors to lap Bolwarra-Lorn (no offence to those ZL3 teams). Will put up tips for all games sometime next week.

Azzurri to beat the long ball playing Barnsley bulldog

NewyTy
11-02-2016, 10:34 PM

Forgot about that game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Azzurri beat them. Azzurri v Magic in Round 2 would be interesting.

TXK
12-02-2016, 01:33 PM

Big call for a team that has lost it's first two Trials

ForeverRed
12-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Hi all
Men Of Football will be in attendance during the two days of the FFA Cup 20/21 February, we will spreading the word about our charity group and hopefully signing new members, membership is $20 for life, this then puts you on our data base to be notified when fund raisers are held, golf days etc etc, our group has raised thousand of dollars helping out those from our football family who are down on their luck financially and health wise, so please come and say hello and bring your twenty bucks, its not much over a life time to help those in need

leftrightout
12-02-2016, 02:48 PM

Azzuri have? I didn't realise they had played yet. Who did they play?

It is a bigger call considering Barnsley knocked off Cardiff ZPL last weekend scoring 4 against them.
Will certainly make for an interesting round 2 clash though if they do!

scouser
12-02-2016, 05:53 PM

It is a bigger call considering Barnsley knocked off Cardiff ZPL last weekend scoring 4 against them.

Hamilton Azzurri lost 3-2 to Muswellbrook last Friday night

Drunken ranger
12-02-2016, 06:46 PM

Called it before the first trials and sticking with it

Drunken ranger
12-02-2016, 06:48 PM

Played Cardiff zpl 4-3 lost I heard and then mussy
And yes Barnsley did beat Cardiff but it's preseason and all that road running will pay off to show a result like that

sharky21
12-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Tenambit have withdrawn from the FFA cup game against Jesmond according to their face book page.

leftrightout
12-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Played Cardiff zpl 4-3 lost I heard and then mussy
And yes Barnsley did beat Cardiff but it's preseason and all that road running will pay off to show a result like that

Its an interesting theory...
Azzuri results pre season mean they are good even though they lost. But Barnsley beating cardiff, its only pre season and it means nothing?

Long balls and road running, do you know guys at barnsley? Sounds like you have the inside word!

Regardless of that, it sounds as though Azzuri have a strong team and are going to be pretty successful in L3, which is what everyone wants from new teams coming in.

Drunken ranger
12-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Its an interesting theory...
Azzuri results pre season mean they are good even though they lost. But Barnsley beating cardiff, its only pre season and it means nothing?

Long balls and road running, do you know guys at barnsley? Sounds like you have the inside word!

Regardless of that, it sounds as though Azzuri have a strong team and are going to be pretty successful in L3, which is what everyone wants from new teams coming in.

I know nothing 😉

LongSufferingFan
18-02-2016, 09:52 AM
I am looking forward to this weekends games and hope to catch at least a couple. I expect a number of upsets as some teams won't be as ready as they need to be to play competitively particularly on the fast synthetic pitches.
Fearless predictions:

Garden Suburb v Kotara
Maryland Fletcher v Wallsend
Dudley jnrs v Muswellbrook
Mayfield snrs v Bolwarra
Azzuri v Barnsley
RAAF v Simba
Nelson Bay v Beresfield jnrs
Thornton v Edgeworth Jnrs
Raymond Terrace v Westlakes
South Cardiff v Cessnock
Lakes v Cardiff City
Cooks Hill v Dudley Snrs
Stockton v West Wallsend
Beresfield Snrs v Toronto
Uni v New Lambton
Warners Bay v Morisset
Medowie v Mayfield jnrs
Kahibah v Suns
Charlestown jnr v Singleton
Swansea v Belswans

Some really interesting match ups...I even surprised myself by tipping that 3 NewFM teams will be gone after this weekend.

leftrightout
18-02-2016, 10:38 AM
I am looking forward to this weekends games and hope to catch at least a couple. I expect a number of upsets as some teams won't be as ready as they need to be to play competitively particularly on the fast synthetic pitches.
Fearless predictions:

Garden Suburb v Kotara
Mayfield snrs v Bolwarra
Azzuri v Barnsley
RAAF v Simba
Nelson Bay v Beresfield jnrs
South Cardiff v Cessnock
Lakes v Cardiff City
Cooks Hill v Dudley Snrs
Stockton v West Wallsend
Uni v New Lambton
Warners Bay v Morisset
Medowie v Mayfield jnrs
Kahibah v Suns
Swansea v Belswans

Some really interesting match ups...I even surprised myself by tipping that 3 NewFM teams will be gone after this weekend.

You expect some upsets yet the only upset you really tipped is Swansea to beat Belswans... Bero to beat Toronto is pretty debatable that it would be called an upset.
I do, however, agree with every single one of your tips!

Wilso8948
18-02-2016, 10:50 AM
You expect some upsets yet the only upset you really tipped is Swansea to beat Belswans... Bero to beat Toronto is pretty debatable that it would be called an upset.

Bero Jnrs will beat the Bay too

salmon
18-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Garden Suburb v Kotara
Mayfield snrs v Bolwarra
Azzuri v Barnsley
RAAF v Simba
Nelson Bay v Beresfield Jnrs
South Cardiff v Cessnock
Lakes v Cardiff City
Cooks Hill v Dudley Snrs
Stockton v West Wallsend
Uni v New Lambton
Warners Bay v Morisset
Medowie v Mayfield jnrs
Kahibah v Suns
Swansea v Belswans

I'm also tipping Bero Juniors to get up over Nelson Bay. Plus adding Westlakes over Terrace and based on absolutely nothing, throwing in Stockton to upset West Wallsend.

Love the Cup!

Drunken ranger
18-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Garden Suburb v Kotara
Mayfield snrs v Bolwarra
Azzuri v Barnsley
RAAF v Simba
Nelson Bay v Beresfield Jnrs
South Cardiff v Cessnock
Lakes v Cardiff City
Cooks Hill v Dudley Snrs
Stockton v West Wallsend
Uni v New Lambton
Warners Bay v Morisset
Medowie v Mayfield jnrs
Kahibah v Suns
Swansea v Belswans

I'm also tipping Bero Juniors to get up over Nelson Bay. Plus adding Westlakes over Terrace and based on absolutely nothing, throwing in Stockton to upset West Wallsend.

Love the Cup!
Agree westlakes up over the terrace

Nave
18-02-2016, 01:51 PM
Tenambit have withdrawn from the FFA cup game against Jesmond according to their face book page.

Correct me if im wrong but i feel Jesmond havent played a first round match in the FFA Cup yet

LongSufferingFan
18-02-2016, 02:04 PM

Hey LRO.
I expect some upsets but that doesn't mean I can pick them.
My picks are based on form/knowledge but I expect that to go out the window in at least a few games.
That is the beauty of Cup football, results can be unpredictable.

Likely upset contenders in my mind are:
Warners Bay over Morisset
Kotara over Garden Suburb
Cessnock over South Cardiff, and
Azzuri over Barnsley.

ICEBERG10
18-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Agree westlakes up over the terrace

Promotion vs Relegation match our boys are keen as. I won't make a prediction as I may be biased, however look at the ladders for both teams last year and see what that tells you 😉

Premy
18-02-2016, 11:37 PM
Buzzing for Saturday.
Get to kick start this hole shebang and after a year off keen as mustard to fire up the Derby with Kotara. All the best to those involved and enjoy the weekend lads.

salmon
19-02-2016, 08:41 AM
Promotion vs Relegation match our boys are keen as. I won't make a prediction as I may be biased, however look at the ladders for both teams last year and see what that tells you ��

Not sure which side of the fence you are on, but I will say that anyone that I wouldn't compare this years Westlakes team to last. They have brought in a new Gaffa and several quality signings and I'm sure they would be well in the mix pushing for promotion. Could be one of the matches of the round this one.

Drunken ranger
19-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Not sure which side of the fence you are on, but I will say that anyone that I wouldn't compare this years Westlakes team to last. They have brought in a new Gaffa and several quality signings and I'm sure they would be well in the mix pushing for promotion. Could be one of the matches of the round this one.
Money's on westlakes and what odds would I get for lakes putting 4+ on Cardiff

salmon
19-02-2016, 11:45 AM

Or even odds on Sam Walker putting 4+ on Cardiff

leftrightout
19-02-2016, 12:02 PM
what odds would I get for lakes putting 4+ on Cardiff

I know its only pre-season and that they will show better in this competitive match (well i hope so) but Cardiffs form would suggest 4+ would be paying pretty low odds.

ICEBERG10
19-02-2016, 12:22 PM

Firmly on Westlakes side of the fence since I play for their ressies team. We do have an excellent new Head coach ( ressies new coach is excellent as well) and our first grade is streets ahead of where it was last season through signings and experienced coaching. However Raymond Terrace comprehensively won ZL2 last year so that's why I am keen to watch our boys tomorrow in what will be a cracking match.

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
19-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Firmly on Westlakes side of the fence since I play for their ressies team. We do have an excellent new Head coach ( ressies new coach is excellent as well) and our first grade is streets ahead of where it was last season through signings and experienced coaching. However Raymond Terrace comprehensively won ZL2 last year so that's why I am keen to watch our boys tomorrow in what will be a cracking match.

A Westlakes player talking up how good Westlakes is... If I had a dollar for everytime. Excuses to be flowing come Monday.

GO AWAY
19-02-2016, 01:08 PM

Who have Westlakes got, who is the head coach and did they play the Annual John Beguin Shield verse the Stags this year ?

Drunken ranger
19-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Who have Westlakes got, who is the head coach and did they play the Annual John Beguin Shield verse the Stags this year ?

Raymond terrace

GO AWAY
19-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Raymond terrace

Sorry mate, i meant what players have they signed

Another Ranger
19-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Terrace will not be the same team as last years dominating team in ZL2 that plays tomorrow- still bringing a handy side, but with 7 missing from last years GF team and only having our first trial game last night it will be a tough one. Looking forward to the run though.

Sir
19-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Garden Suburb v Kotara
South Cardiff v Cessnock

These games I eagerly want to see;

Garden Surburb bottom of ZPL vs Korata South top of ZPL1
South Cardiff in a new line-up and Division vs Cessnock, long time tenants of NewFM
Beresfield Seniors, if similar last season, should be able to hold against all NewFM clubs like Toronto

Shazzas in the kitchen
19-02-2016, 05:14 PM

What players have lakes signed ranger ? And what players have Cardiff lost ?

LongSufferingFan
19-02-2016, 05:39 PM

My understanding is that Cardiff have picked up some of Southy's NPL players from last season but haven't been able to confirm as yet.

I know Lakes have lost quite a few players including both the centre backs (Tate and Sean Mathews) and goalkeeper (Andrew Goldman) but they will have obviously replaced them with some quality players. Just not sure who.

ForeverRed
19-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Suburbs to win comfortably, have signed well and will be a force all 3 grades this season, be aware of the kingfishers

Drunken ranger
19-02-2016, 10:04 PM

Cardiffs got a new keeper pretty ordinary seen him play a few times and a few other new signings they should go well in zpl and lakes I don't know much about I know they signed a few new players not sure on losses but after watching them play Wallsend last year and win 9-4 I just think they should be able to control the game and put a couple on Cardiff

Drunken ranger
19-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Suburbs to win comfortably, have signed well and will be a force all 3 grades this season, be aware of the kingfishers

Lumberjack wes Bobby ??? Who else ???

Shere Khan
19-02-2016, 10:21 PM
What odds would I get for Cardiff to score two or more regardless of result?
Yes Cardiff lost a couple of very experienced players but also picked up some good young players.
We will take this game as an opportunity to test ourselves against a team which are highly rated so good luck to both.

Drunken ranger
19-02-2016, 10:57 PM
What odds would I get for Cardiff to score two or more regardless of result?
Yes Cardiff lost a couple of very experienced players but also picked up some good young players.
We will take this game as an opportunity to test ourselves against a team which are highly rated so good luck to both.
Good odds

Premy
19-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Lumberjack wes Bobby ??? Who else ???

No Bobby

sammydog
19-02-2016, 11:23 PM
No Bobby

Can you text me updates tomorrow. I'll only see the first 30 mins.

Premy
19-02-2016, 11:23 PM
Can you text me updates tomorrow. I'll only see the first 30 mins.

To easy.

Swanky
20-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Big win for Kotara 4-3 Garden Suburb off to play Jaffas next round

leftrightout
20-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Like predicted, 2 upsets to start the weekend. Kortara over GS and Azzuri over Barnsley.

Azzuri controlled the game early and scored. Barnsley then took control of the game and really looked like they were going to do it reasonably easy until one of their players got sent off for swearing around 20 minutes (the guy should be embarrassed, the kind of thing that doesn't belong in football) and then the game evened right up. Barnsley had good periods a man down but Azzuri really controlled most of it. They hit the post a few times and eventually got the goals to get them home.

If I were Azzuri I'd take a lot of confidence out of it, struggled a bit up front though. If I were Barnsley I wouldn't be too down about the loss. They looked really good for the 15 minutes or so before they went a man down.

Great start to the weekend! Bring on more football!

Happy Tiger
20-02-2016, 01:15 PM
They never looked comfortable.

Premy
20-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Big win for Kotara 4-3 Garden Suburb off to play Jaffas next round

Pretty gutted is an understatment.

Congratulations to Kotara, they played some decent football and stayed in the game when it could have got away from them.
Kotara started strong and controlled the first 15-20 minutes, Suburb scored on the counter and the game opened up. From there Suburb got into the game and pressed for the second after a really decent passage of Football. 2-0 up and Suburb were looking comfortable before Kotara scored against the run of play but none the less still a deserved goal 5 minutes before H/T.
Second half started much like the first and Kotara soon equalized, it kick Suburb into gear and it didn't take long before Suburb lead again. At 3-2 up Suburb were looking dangerous and it seemed like just a matter of time before Suburb will score agian. However a defensive error lead to a rash tackle from the Suburb CB who deservedly received his second yellow around the 60-65th minute mark. Kotara didn't take long to capitalize and soon equalized to make it 3-3, not long after that Kotara then scored from a Corner to take the lead. The game open up towards the end with Suburb pushing for an equalizer, it never came and Kotara seen off the pressure to win the game.

Disappointed with the result but take no credit away from Kotara they played well and all the best to you boys next weekend.

NewyTy
20-02-2016, 02:36 PM
More Results: Simba were dominant and beat Williamtown 8-1 and Wallsend were pretty decent in a 6-0 win over Maryland-Fletcher.

Retro Jet
20-02-2016, 03:22 PM
More Results: Simba were dominant and beat Williamtown 9-1 and Wallsend were pretty decent in a 6-0 win over Maryland-Fletcher.
Fixed: Twatter said 9
Anyway, you can reverse that for Rnd 2. Simba 0 v Maitland 9

NewyTy
20-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Fixed: Twatter said 9
Anyway, you can reverse that for Rnd 2. Simba 0 v Maitland 9

Just realised when Northern handed me team sheets. I was over the other field and missed the goal

leftrightout
20-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Would hate to be playing the 4oclock game. It was hot enough this morning. Think I'll give the arvo games a miss today and watch all games tomorrow. Cold beer is just too tempting!

Beast
20-02-2016, 05:49 PM
Terrace 4 - 1 Westlakes

Beast
20-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Cessnock 1 - 1 Southy. Southy through on penalties.

Charman
20-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Mbk 2, Dudley United 1. Not a bad hitout for a first run, really should have won but well done to MBK. Good luck to them v edgie next week. Was there really any winner today? Why are NPL teams in so early?

Charman
20-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Why the fark did terrace fluff around in L2 so long?

RANGER09
20-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Why the fark did terrace fluff around in L2 so long?

Basically due to numbers and having to earn our way back up, at the end of the 2013 season we finished 4th in league 1, the coach at the time was told players were not returning for 2014 season so decision was made to apply for league 2.
2014 Bero were minor premiers and earned promotion. Stocks and Charlie applied for league one and were accepted, I don't believe our club applied. We took out the grand final over Olympic and prepared for next season.
Start of 2015 we had plenty of numbers back and had a great season taking out the minor and major earning promotion back to league one this season.
So far numbers looking ok, have picked up some handy players from close by and looking forward to mixing it with the league 1 teams again this year

RANGER09
20-02-2016, 10:17 PM
Would hate to be playing the 4oclock game. It was hot enough this morning. Think I'll give the arvo games a miss today and watch all games tomorrow. Cold beer is just too tempting!

3pm game for us was bloody hot, was surprised no drink breaks throughout the game, could have done with a few other than half time ��

cymonster
20-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Is the next round next week?

RANGER09
20-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Is the next round next week?

I believe so, held at NPL grounds, hopefully Sunday games

NewyTy
20-02-2016, 11:05 PM
I believe so, held at NPL grounds, hopefully Sunday games

Will be on Saturday at Magic, Lambton, Maitland, Lakes and Charlestown.

Just to add to this I know that all five respective teams above will be hosting their Round 2 tie and I know that Cooks Hill/Dudley v Medowie/Mayfield will be at Magic Park. The Magic Park kickoff times are 3pm, 5pm and 7pm. Jaffas times are 11am, 1pm and 3pm. Can't remember the others. Good to see the games get spread round but would have prefered some games on both days.

ForeverRed
21-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Good to see magic getting to host games, nothing like sharing it around

RANGER09
21-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Nnsw need to look at the scheduling of these times and days, 5pm & 7pm a lot better than 11am, 1pm & 3pm, if needed then spread games out across more clubs, quality of play on a 30 deg + day is reduced, also Saturday's this time of year clubs missing players due to commitments with cricket finals.

riverboy
21-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Went seen one game y'day. Thought id watch simba against raaf. Simba could have won by 15. Looked like raaf were missing a fair few guys from last year.

Of the other teams we will line up against in league 3. The results appeared pretty good. Azzurri result was great, a win over league one competition is great although many suggesting barnsley will struggle this year. Bolwarra will be strong, mayfield snrs are class. I have seen them many times over last couple of years and to only go down by 3 is respectable.

Edgeworth will be happy to keep their score to 5 considering they play a team from the 2nd tier. Id expected dudley jnrs to beat muswelbrook given how strong they were last year and how poorly muswelbrook finished in zl2. Their loss might be a good sign for other l3 teams given wallsend & nl have gone up or muswelbrook may have improved.

As for today hopefully the mighty mayfield tigers can beat medowie. Although that might be just a good hope. Lets go tigers.

monz6
21-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Good to see magic getting to host games, nothing like sharing it around

Best ground and facilities, the teams who play there won't be complaining

winner
21-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Will be on Saturday at Magic, Lambton, Maitland, Lakes and Charlestown.

Just to add to this I know that all five respective teams above will be hosting their Round 2 tie and I know that Cooks Hill/Dudley v Medowie/Mayfield will be at Magic Park. The Magic Park kickoff times are 3pm, 5pm and 7pm. Jaffas times are 11am, 1pm and 3pm. Can't remember the others. Good to see the games get spread round but would have prefered some games on both days.
Any idea when a draw will come out with times and venues

United
21-02-2016, 01:40 PM
The word is they will be charging entry fees

Premy
21-02-2016, 01:42 PM
The word is they will be charging entry fees

They have permission to charge, weather they do or not is another Question.

United
21-02-2016, 01:55 PM
We were told that they are going to. Each team will get 20 tickets. Pretty poor really because the FFA cup was never about that but oh well

United
21-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Dudley 3- Cooks Hill 3, Dudley won 3-1 on pens

Premy
21-02-2016, 02:17 PM
We were told that they are going to. Each team will get 20 tickets. Pretty poor really because the FFA cup was never about that but oh well

I think you've been told a message that has been misquoted. Zone League Delegates were told NNSW have given NPL clubs permission to charge an entry fee. The Club Delegates were told that it's unsure if entry fees will be charged but if they are each club playing at those certain venue's will be given 20 representatives free entry.

However. Yes if NPL clubs do charge entry fees it will be poor, it will show how NPL clubs treat the local football scene. A few years ago before the FFA Cup when it was the Solo Cup NPL clubs charged enrty and there was public outrage. NNSW was forced after the outrage to implemented a rule that clubs can't charge entry fees for Solo Cup games and that carried on to the FFA Cup when it started. This is just another example of Northern catering to the NPL Clubs and having nothing but disregard for those who aren't.

winner
21-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Any results

RANGER09
21-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Heard Westy thru on pens after 6-6 result over Stocko

Wilso8948
21-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Heard Westy thru on pens after 6-6 result over Stocko
Unlucky not to get through today going ahead by two goals on a few occasions. Gifted a goal to westy just before half time and an extra time pen to westy made it 6-6. Few saves by both keepers in the shootout but westy got through. Good hit out for stocko with only 1 game under our belt this year

United
21-02-2016, 03:56 PM
I was actually there and was going off what Russell was saying. He seemed pretty confident that they were going to charge. I do hope he is wrong and I agree on it being all about NPL

NewyTy
21-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Other Results:
New Lambton 2-0 University
Morisset 4-2 Warners Bay

Was on the other field so didn't see too much of these but looked fair results in both. Watched the last twenty of Morisset and they looked pretty slick. Westy v Stockton was a crazy match if I've ever seen one. Entertaining

LongSufferingFan
21-02-2016, 04:19 PM
They have permission to charge, weather they do or not is another Question.

Lakes didn't charge entry at Macquarie Field yesterday.

ForeverRed
21-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Entry fee is a maximum of $5, you can put your house on it they'll charge, this is why the community clubs should host so they have he chance to make some coin, why on earth magic gets the opportunity to host after all the fixtures that were thrown their way last year is beyond me, this has nothing to do with facilities it's about giving every other club opportunity to host and gain financialy

Premy
21-02-2016, 04:22 PM
I was actually there and was going off what Russell was saying. He seemed pretty confident that they were going to charge. I do hope he is wrong and I agree on it being all about NPL
I was also there and not once did he say they are going to charge. He said they have permission to charge and you have made the assumption that that means they will. That's how rumors start.

The Magician
21-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Entry fee is a maximum of $5, you can put your house on it they'll charge, this is why the community clubs should host so they have he chance to make some coin, why on earth magic gets the opportunity to host after all the fixtures that were thrown their way last year is beyond me, this has nothing to do with facilities it's about giving every other club opportunity to host and gain financialy

Why shouldn't clubs charge if they are hosting, Maitland when they were in NewFM had no problem charging the NBN clubs that were playing Solo Cup as Cooks Square Park, if clubs are allowed to in the regulations you would be negligent on behalf on your club not to add that to your income stream. If you are a true supporter of your team then the $5 entry fee should not be an issue... if paying is a problem then your're probably one of them types that has an esky and a maccas family box hidden in the ute , and you leave the glass empties on the grass as your exit the venue. To you i say you are a disgrace and should bar yourself from every venue.

NPL clubs were asked who wanted to host, Magic were the last club to accept their hosting duties after most other clubs had already responded and one position was available and club were re-asked at the all clubs meeting. If you feel so strongly about hosting maybe you should notify the federation that you intend to forfeit South Cardiff's participation in the FFA Cup if they get drawn to play at a NPL venue. Because at the end of the day it is about the football and clubs should have every opportunity to participate on the best facilities that would otherwise be out of reach. Compared to NPL clubs playing on cow paddocks, cricket pitches or near chicken sheds. Magic will be charging entry and it will go far to recoup the costs in ensuring the facility is in optimum condition for its guests. Should you wish to move from behind your keyboard i'm sure many NPL clubs will relish the opportunity to take $5 off you and possibly add $2 for your car if you cant make the distance with your walking frame.

Bremsstrahlung
21-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Not sure you can use the Southy card against FR anymore...

namwob99
21-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Why shouldn't clubs charge if they are hosting, Maitland when they were in NewFM had no problem charging the NBN clubs that were playing Solo Cup as Cooks Square Park, if clubs are allowed to in the regulations you would be negligent on behalf on your club not to add that to your income stream. If you are a true supporter of your team then the $5 entry fee should not be an issue... if paying is a problem then your're probably one of them types that has an esky and a maccas family box hidden in the ute , and you leave the glass empties on the grass as your exit the venue. To you i say you are a disgrace and should bar yourself from every venue.

NPL clubs were asked who wanted to host, Magic were the last club to accept their hosting duties after most other clubs had already responded and one position was available and club were re-asked at the all clubs meeting. If you feel so strongly about hosting maybe you should notify the federation that you intend to forfeit South Cardiff's participation in the FFA Cup if they get drawn to play at a NPL venue. Because at the end of the day it is about the football and clubs should have every opportunity to participate on the best facilities that would otherwise be out of reach. Compared to NPL clubs playing on cow paddocks, cricket pitches or near chicken sheds. Magic will be charging entry and it will go far to recoup the costs in ensuring the facility is in optimum condition for its guests. Should you wish to move from behind your keyboard i'm sure many NPL clubs will relish the opportunity to take $5 off you and possibly add $2 for your car if you cant make the distance with your walking frame.

Say it how you want to, some of these games will be all Zone League affairs and paying money to watch 2 teams from 3rd-7th tier of the weakest state league in Australia is pretty ordinary.

I said the same thing about the old solo cup back in the day and got shot down. Not one was playing their top teams and the rest were zone league sides.