PDA

View Full Version : FFA Cup - NNSWF

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Goatscheese
16-03-2016, 09:31 PM
Or why didn't NNSWFF move it to LMRFF or see if there was someone who may be able to host it so it could be played tonight.

I hear Bero is keen to host a game.

If it really was washed out then Weston are going to have a lot of rescheduled games this year.

Tonester
16-03-2016, 10:15 PM
And yet you post at 3am and then again 2 hours later about it with no one saying anything. Seems it does get you stimulated.
It's taken you 17 hours to realize that.You must be a rocket scientist or someone who has plenty of time on their hands.

Bremsstrahlung
16-03-2016, 10:18 PM
NNSWF had made the cup a farce by being politically correct and bending over backwards to give the lesser sides a free ride. Get it correct NNSWF or risk losing the bigger clubs and the support of the fans.

In my opinion, they are perhaps heading in the correct direction. Initially, the Solo Cup or whatever it was, cost a fair bit of $$$$ for clubs to enter, so, to increase the participation, they doctored the draw a little bit over the years to guarantee representation. As, hardly anybody from lower leagues would pay for a $$$ trial game. SO, they needed numbers.

I'm not sure what bigger clubs would give up a crack at reaching the final 32...Really, the opportunity is there for the 9 NPL teams to push forward in this competition and make a bit of a name for themselves now.

As and aside, isn't the FFA Cup final 32 draw rigged so A-League teams play each other?

Bremsstrahlung
16-03-2016, 10:19 PM
NNSWF had made the cup a farce by being politically correct and bending over backwards to give the lesser sides a free ride. Get it correct NNSWF or risk losing the bigger clubs and the support of the fans.

In my opinion, they are perhaps heading in the correct direction. Initially, the Solo Cup or whatever it was, cost a fair bit of $$$$ for clubs to enter, so, to increase the participation, they doctored the draw a little bit over the years to guarantee representation. As, hardly anybody from lower leagues would pay for a $$$ trial game. SO, they needed numbers.

I'm not sure what bigger clubs would give up a crack at reaching the final 32...Really, the opportunity is there for the 9 NPL teams to push forward in this competition and make a bit of a name for themselves now.

As and aside, isn't the FFA Cup final 32 draw rigged so A-League teams play each other?

Zico
17-03-2016, 09:12 AM

You are correct about the A League clubs having a different pot to the lower league clubs. I am not a fan of this either, it should be a single pot draw all the way (still keep the qualifying zones but once qualified all in 1 pot).

I understand what you are saying concerning the $$$$ to enter the comp but why do clubs have to pay this amount? Surely the expenses from NNSWF aren't that high to run the comp but if it is then get sponsors to cover a large part of the cost instead of putting it into their coffers.

Once again the issue from NNSWF revolves around how much profit they can make from the clubs rather than whats best for the clubs.

Bremsstrahlung
17-03-2016, 09:24 AM
You are correct about the A League clubs having a different pot to the lower league clubs. I am not a fan of this either, it should be a single pot draw all the way (still keep the qualifying zones but once qualified all in 1 pot).

I understand what you are saying concerning the $$$$ to enter the comp but why do clubs have to pay this amount? Surely the expenses from NNSWF aren't that high to run the comp but if it is then get sponsors to cover a large part of the cost instead of putting it into their coffers.

Once again the issue from NNSWF revolves around how much profit they can make from the clubs rather than whats best for the clubs.

I'm purely speculating here, and would love some actual figures, but I don't think the cost is so much of an issue for lower league clubs now. I think NPL clubs pay a bit more, but I think the fee for non NPL teams is substantially lower. In the earlier years there used to be prizemoney in each round. So the more you progressed the more money, so lower clubs were struggling to justify paying $1000 to enter. Tournament they needed to win4 games in to get their money back kind of thing.
Now, there's no such prizemoney as far as I'm aware. Only the final 32 of FFA Cup get remuneration. As far as I believe.
Just confirming, I'm just saying what was the case over the last few years, and I think we should start to see a shift as it is a FFA comp not a NNSW competition. So to speak. They administrate it locally, but don't have the responsibility they did previously.

ForeverRed
17-03-2016, 10:28 AM
There's only remuneration if you win your first game in the round of 32, pretty sure NAB sponsor the FFA cup nationally

RAM
17-03-2016, 11:20 AM
There's only remuneration if you win your first game in the round of 32, pretty sure NAB sponsor the FFA cup nationally

NAB sponsor the WESTFIELD FFA Cup?

The Magician
17-03-2016, 11:31 AM
I'm purely speculating here, and would love some actual figures, but I don't think the cost is so much of an issue for lower league clubs now. I think NPL clubs pay a bit more, but I think the fee for non NPL teams is substantially lower. In the earlier years there used to be prizemoney in each round. So the more you progressed the more money, so lower clubs were struggling to justify paying $1000 to enter. Tournament they needed to win4 games in to get their money back kind of thing.
Now, there's no such prizemoney as far as I'm aware. Only the final 32 of FFA Cup get remuneration. As far as I believe.
Just confirming, I'm just saying what was the case over the last few years, and I think we should start to see a shift as it is a FFA comp not a NNSW competition. So to speak. They administrate it locally, but don't have the responsibility they did previously.

A-League $10,000, NPL $2500 below NPL (zone etc) $250... Only prize money of you won your Round of 32 Match $1500-2000... If you work on 600 participating teams you can calculate the prize pool by checking how many npl clubs there are around the coutnry, know how many A League teams then times the remainder by $250.00

NNSWF used to give teams that had to travel to Coffs for the NNSW final $500 travel compensation, state cup winner got $1500 extra and runner up another $500 i think...

FFA pay for travel and accommodation for 20ppl if you make the round of 32, considering this is a pretty big country its not a bad deal.

Zico
17-03-2016, 12:50 PM
A-League $10,000, NPL $2500 below NPL (zone etc) $250... Only prize money of you won your Round of 32 Match $1500-2000... If you work on 600 participating teams you can calculate the prize pool by checking how many npl clubs there are around the coutnry, know how many A League teams then times the remainder by $250.00

NNSWF used to give teams that had to travel to Coffs for the NNSW final $500 travel compensation, state cup winner got $1500 extra and runner up another $500 i think...

FFA pay for travel and accommodation for 20ppl if you make the round of 32, considering this is a pretty big country its not a bad deal.

My point is why the large fee? NNSWF and the FFA should be encouraging the clubs to enter the comp and surely the $2500 and $10000 is over the top. This is money that could be spent on facilities, coaching development or the club could make it cheaper for the youth sides to play instead of hitting parents for $800 - $1250 a season.
Just find it poor form to charge a club that amount of money when clubs are scrapping for sponsors as is.

ForeverRed
17-03-2016, 01:44 PM
NAB sponsor the WESTFIELD FFA Cup?

Maybe both, 😄

RAM
17-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Maybe both, ��

http://i.imgur.com/c7NJRa2.gif?noredirect

NewyTy
17-03-2016, 07:50 PM
West Wallsend v Thornton has been rescheduled to 7pm Tuesday night at Johnston Park.

Ker-Plunk
17-03-2016, 08:14 PM
better set another date gunna rain on friday

NewyTy
17-03-2016, 10:25 PM
better set another date gunna rain on friday

Sunday looks like a fair bit of rain so you might be right. They've got Wallsend derby next Friday so need the field perfect

GO AWAY
21-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Have heard the draw for the last 8 is today ?

ForeverRed
21-03-2016, 01:53 PM
adamstown v jaffas, olympic v charlestown, edgeworth bye, played on 3rd april

GO AWAY
21-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Why is there still a bye when it's now down to 8 after tomorrow ????

Local Rules
21-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Logic is Edgy beat Magic therefore Edgy get the Bye.

Wish I could pick lotto as easily as this.

MFKS
21-03-2016, 05:18 PM
The whole thing is rigged

If Magic don't get the bye then Edgy do

Who couldn't see that coming
???

GO AWAY
21-03-2016, 05:33 PM
The whole thing is rigged

If Magic don't get the bye then Edgy do

Who couldn't see that coming
???

Don't think so mate, the draw is transparent on youtube, must admit I did have a feeling it was going to be CCB that last name called out, when there was only CCB and Edgy left in the pot, meaning edgeworth to get the bye. But I suppose at the end of the day you have to beat teams to go any further eventually, would rather do it that way then get an easy passage.
CCB have got past Wallsend and Weston so far, and im sure will relish the challenge of Olympic at Olympic.

Goatscheese
21-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Don't think so mate, the draw is transparent on youtube.

Was it streamed live?

RAM
22-03-2016, 01:54 PM
NNSW and transparent don't belong in the same sentence.

GO AWAY
22-03-2016, 02:01 PM

Nothing dodgy about it, if you think NNSW might be in such a rigged draw, fair enough, but im sure millsy wouldn't want no part of dodginess anyway. :)

RAM
22-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Nothing dodgy about it, if you think NNSW might be in such a rigged draw, fair enough, but im sure millsy wouldn't want no part of dodginess anyway. :)

If you're going to televise a draw, it should be live and the telecast should show the names being drawn. I've seen a few draws from NNSWF where the video only shows the name being put down and theres no mixing up of the team names or anything. Whole thing smells fishy.

GO AWAY
22-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Anyway whats done is done, am really looking forward Olympic v Azzuri, goody, birdy, swans, hodges ?? v there old mates, may as well be Azzuri v Azzuri

tucker's daughter
22-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Anyway whats done is done, am really looking forward Olympic v Azzuri, goody, birdy, swans, hodges ?? v there old mates, may as well be Azzuri v Azzuri

When was the last time the swans played at azzurri ? 1922 ? Same as Hodges , 1 year in the last 7. Let go of the past Go Away. There is obviously a reason they are no longer at azzurri,

Goatscheese
22-03-2016, 09:07 PM

Unless there is the word not in between the two.

Tonester
22-03-2016, 09:37 PM
When was the last time the swans played at azzurri ? 1922 ? Same as Hodges , 1 year in the last 7. Let go of the past Go Away. There is obviously a reason they are no longer at azzurri,
C'mon guys rip in,that appears to be speculation to me! You could have a point though TD.

BP Super Dynamos
22-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Thornton leading Westy 2-1 before the lights fail and match is abandoned

onlooker
22-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Thornton leading Westy 2-1 before the lights fail and match is abandoned

Surely the third attempt to play this game should be at Thornton. Westy have had two attempts and failed.

monz6
23-03-2016, 08:37 PM
C'mon guys rip in,that appears to be speculation to me! You could have a point though TD.

Don't even try

NewyTy
23-03-2016, 08:39 PM
Surely the third attempt to play this game should be at Thornton. Westy have had two attempts and failed.

NNSWF have confirmed game is on Wednesday 30th at Thornton Park. 7pm Kickoff. Funny enough Westy play Thornton at Thornton Park on the 3rd of April as well.

Tonester
23-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Don't even try
Please explain this post, I am but a simple man.

namwob99
23-03-2016, 09:58 PM
NNSWF have confirmed game is on Wednesday 30th at Thornton Park. 7pm Kickoff. Funny enough Westy play Thornton at Thornton Park on the 3rd of April as well.

Good to hear, couldn't have been scheduled for Johnston again. Funny if this one gets washed out.

EH9
30-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Good to hear, couldn't have been scheduled for Johnston again. Funny if this one gets washed out.

This has been postponed to next week.

GO AWAY
02-04-2016, 01:43 AM
Atown 1 lambton 0
Olympic 2 Azzuri 1 😔

Predictions only, it's ok I'm always wrong

Blueboy
02-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Atown 1 lambton 0
Olympic 2 Azzuri 1 😔

Predictions only, it's ok I'm always wrong

Azzurri should have a real good chance of an upset today with 4-5 Olympic players unavailable

winner
02-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Azzurri should have a real good chance of an upset today with 4-5 Olympic players unavailable

Who is unavailable Blueboy

Atown
02-04-2016, 12:23 PM

Is that not what squads are for ?

Blueboy
02-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Is that not what squads are for ?

Well taking 4-5 starters out of any team is only going to weaken them wouldn't you think? Hence the chance of an upset

Ker-Plunk
02-04-2016, 05:48 PM
gunna be a long season for azzuri , hoping a team has 4/5 starters out so they got a chance of winning .

Tonester
02-04-2016, 07:54 PM
gunna be a long season for azzuri , hoping a team has 4/5 starters out so they got a chance of winning .
Down 3-0 at half-time relates to no upset.

mervan
02-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Two goalkeeping errors didn't help azzuri just when they were coming back into the game.

Will be a really long year for Adamstown though

winner
02-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Two goalkeeping errors didn't help azzuri just when they were coming back into the game.

Olympic by far the better side but i do agree mervan,some poor keeping decisions. Also agree, budd didn't look great,but Carter was sent off after 30 minutes

Atown
02-04-2016, 11:48 PM

No reflection at all on season ahead for rosebud .

3 major things changed a very even game .

Carter sent off is not a red
Rosebud miss penalty at 0-1
2nd goal kills game .

Jaffas experience then kills the game .

Could and should have been 2-0 rosebud before carter gets marching orders .

The Magician
03-04-2016, 12:53 AM

2nd goal kills game .

What was the send off for? Will he miss the first and second NPL fixtures of the season?

GO AWAY
03-04-2016, 08:59 AM
I think Azzuri matched it in the football, with lots more passing and probably just as much possession, gkeeping let them down, cooper chipping and lobbing for both his goals made gk look silly, in saying that he made some good aves in the last ten minutes, Archibald was on bench might get a go sooner then later. Congrats Olympic, edgy and lambton .... Not sure why bertos was brought on at 4-0 up .... Thought saving him for round one be the go ??

Imyourhero
03-04-2016, 11:37 AM
What were the final scores of the games?

03-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Olympic 4 Charlestown 1, Jaffa's 5 Adamstown 0

Tonester
03-04-2016, 04:25 PM
I think Azzuri matched it in the football, with lots more passing and probably just as much possession, gkeeping let them down, cooper chipping and lobbing for both his goals made gk look silly, in saying that he made some good aves in the last ten minutes, Archibald was on bench might get a go sooner then later. Congrats Olympic, edgy and lambton .... Not sure why bertos was brought on at 4-0 up .... Thought saving him for round one be the go ??

I thought CCB held their own in the second half & had a couple of reasonable chances after they made a couple of sensible changes at halftime.I know some players have to come in but 1st half CCB weren't in the game. I have to admit I doubt very much if guys like Ross & Minors are up to the standard required for first grade.

cobra23
04-04-2016, 10:24 AM

2nd goal kills game .

Bit harsh on jaffas,
I thought they had the better of chances before the sendoff anyway.
atleast 5 missed chances in the 18 yard box to adamstown 2 ...

Atown
04-04-2016, 11:16 PM
Bit harsh on jaffas,
I thought they had the better of chances before the sendoff anyway.
atleast 5 missed chances in the 18 yard box to adamstown 2 ...

No reflection intended on Lambton as I also thought they contributed to a very entertaining first half .

Just saying, I don't think in my humble opinion that this result is a reflection on how Atown season will unfold as a poster had previously mentioned.

Will be a very competitive league and I can see any one of 3 or 4 teams potentially winning it which in itself suggests the competition will be intense .

BP Super Dynamos
06-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Thornton leading Westy 1-0

BP Super Dynamos
06-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Thornton won 2-0

RAM
02-05-2016, 02:26 PM
North Armidale 2-0 Tuncurry Forster Tigers

Norths will now be in the last 8 at NNSWLMFC

Swanky
11-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Anyone know when last 8 draw will be conducted

I'm pretty sure there is still 1 game left up north to finalise final 8
Urunga v ????????

NUGUNS
11-05-2016, 09:24 PM

25th of May I believe.

RAM
12-05-2016, 11:56 AM

I'm pretty sure there is still 1 game left up north to finalise final 8
Urunga v ????????

Urunga v Bangalow. Don't know when that one is scheduled, but I would expect Urunga to make another appearance. Decent side.

NewyTy
12-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Great news out of FFA. All 10 A-League clubs will be placed into an open pot drawing for the Round of 32. No more watching the Jets bow out to Perth in the Rof32. In all seriousness, will make the competition that bit more serious and great news for the member federation clubs.

http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/draw-re-vamped-for-2016-westfield-ffa-cup/1jd7tvvrqsl9r19j49c0p3hk1d

RAM
13-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Great news out of FFA. All 10 A-League clubs will be placed into an open pot drawing for the Round of 32. No more watching the Jets bow out to Perth in the Rof32. In all seriousness, will make the competition that bit more serious and great news for the member federation clubs.

http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/draw-re-vamped-for-2016-westfield-ffa-cup/1jd7tvvrqsl9r19j49c0p3hk1d

Good chance for small clubs to make $$$$$$$$$$$$ even if you get spanked

Good move imo

winner
25-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Quarter finals to be drawn at 12.30 today . Good luck in the draw to all 8 remaining teams
Edgeworth
Olympic
Jaffas
Belswans
Thornton
Singleton
Urunga
North Armidale
With the Urunga and North Armidale not allowed to draw each other I see a big chance of 2 Npl sides drawing each other in the final 8. Why do northern continue to give teams exemptions in this competition

tucker's daughter
25-05-2016, 08:28 AM
Quarter finals to be drawn at 12.30 today . Good luck in the draw to all 8 remaining teams
Edgeworth
Olympic
Jaffas
Belswans
Thornton
Singleton
Urunga
North Armidale
With the Urunga and North Armidale not allowed to draw each other I see a big chance of 2 Npl sides drawing each other in the final 8. Why do northern continue to give teams exemptions in this competition

I don't think that is really giving them an exemption. Are you positive about this. I would more expect northern to draw Urunga and North Armidale against each other,to ensure a team from up north made the semi finals

MFKS
25-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Edgeworth
Olympic
Jaffas
Belswans
Thornton
Singleton
Urunga
North Armidale

This thing gonna be done live like any self respecting comp would do??

Or we gonna see some dodgy You Tube video that may or may not have been edited accordingly hours after the event as per usual??

NUGUNS
25-05-2016, 09:12 AM
This thing gonna be done live like any self respecting comp would do??

Or we gonna see some dodgy You Tube video that may or may not have been edited accordingly hours after the event as per usual??

I'll be there so I'll confirm or deny your conspiracy theories.

Local Rules
25-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Northern article on how it will work

http://northernnswfootball.com.au/westfield-ffa-cup-round-6-live-draw-this-wednesday/

GO AWAY
25-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Arguments sake

Edgy v Olympic
Lambton v Thornton
Belswans v Urunga
Singo v Norths

Lead to
Edgy v Lambton
Belswans v Singo

Edgy and Belswans in last 32 of FFA Cup and shown on Foxtel ?
Please chuck them all in one hat, stop allowing lesser teams get so far in to the cup. UNLESS they get there by beating bigger teams earlier on.
Sydney FC V Belswans ?????? Please

winner
25-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Arguments sake

Edgy v Olympic
Lambton v Thornton
Belswans v Urunga
Singo v Norths

Lead to
Edgy v Lambton
Belswans v Singo

Please chuck them all in one hat, stop allowing lesser teams get so far in to the cup. UNLESS they get there by beating bigger teams earlier on.
If this scenario happens and Belswans get a cricket score put on them you watch ffa strip northern of one of their qualification spots and giving it to football nsw or football Victoria.

NUGUNS
25-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Jaffas vs Belmont
Singo vs Thornton
Hamo vs Norths
Edgy vs Urunga

GO AWAY
25-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Jaffas vs Belmont
Singo vs Thornton
Hamo vs Norths
Edgy vs Urunga

Ha Ha, that was my next scenario lol

RAM
25-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Norths getting analised :cool:

sancho_theswan
25-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Arguments sake

Edgy v Olympic
Lambton v Thornton
Belswans v Urunga
Singo v Norths

Lead to
Edgy v Lambton
Belswans v Singo

Imagine if Azzurri were still in the comp instead of BelSwans with the same senario. It would be the same outcome so please!!!!!

GO AWAY
25-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Imagine if Azzurri were still in the comp instead of BelSwans with the same senario. It would be the same outcome so please!!!!!

Not having a dig at Belswans, just the way they look after the lower division teams, should be a open draw. For your piece of mind, delete belswans and add Singleton in.

By the way, love what the boys are doing in Newfm this year.

winner
18-06-2016, 01:50 AM
Predictions
Jaffas 3-1 Belswans
Thornton 3-2 Singleton
Olympic 5-1 North Armidale
Edgeworth 7-1 Urunga

Semi predictions
Edgeworth to draw Olympic
Jaffas to draw Thornton
Edgeworth 3-1 Olympic
Jaffas 7-2 Thornton

ForeverRed
18-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Magic to make final after northern create a lucky loser entry

MFKS
18-06-2016, 09:32 AM
What price this gets called off with the rain???

winner
18-06-2016, 10:20 AM
What price this gets called off with the rain???

No chance northern will call this off today with Armidale and Urunga already travelling down. Spectators will be fine with all of the under cover seating available at the venue MFKS

magician
18-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Any scores??

winner
18-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Any scores??
Jaffas 4-2 Belswans after Belswans led 2-1

BP Super Dynamos
18-06-2016, 04:48 PM
Singleton beat Thornton 2-1

Tonester
18-06-2016, 06:02 PM
How did Olympic go today & when is the draw for the semis done?

18-06-2016, 06:27 PM
Olympic won 5-0.draw for tomorrow done after last game today

EH9
18-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Edgy - Singleton
Lambton - Olympic

winner
18-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Any confirmation of kick off times tomorrow

NewyTy
18-06-2016, 09:06 PM
Any confirmation of kick off times tomorrow

10am-Lambton v Hamilton
12pm-Edgeworth v Singleton

riverboy
19-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Who is the left back for jaffas with the orange boots? Takes a few of the free kicks. Fair bit away, struggling to see number. Looks a decent player

evolution
19-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Jaffas got up 3-2, into the final 32.

Speedymetric
19-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know if Bar TV is covering these games?

magician
19-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Who is the left back for jaffas with the orange boots? Takes a few of the free kicks. Fair bit away, struggling to see number. Looks a decent player
good at kicking people that's about it.

Play feet
19-06-2016, 01:21 PM

Salty?

evolution
19-06-2016, 01:51 PM
4-0 to Edgeworth at half time in the other game.

riverboy
19-06-2016, 02:50 PM

So who is he??

evolution
19-06-2016, 02:54 PM
FT: Edgy 7 - 0 Singo

Ker-Plunk
19-06-2016, 05:47 PM
sessions was left back . only gave back wat he got . good to see the bullies out bullied . jaffas were on fire .

immersion
19-06-2016, 10:19 PM

I agree. he must of been poor against edgy last week.

Speedymetric
19-06-2016, 11:27 PM
I agree. he must of been poor against edgy last week.

Edgey outclassed them right across the park last week. I don't mind Sessions he's got a bit of mongrel in him but I think he lacks the wheels to match it out wide he's better suited to the middle.

RAM
21-06-2016, 11:00 AM
Anyone watch Olympic v Norths and can provide a synopsis?

MFKS
21-06-2016, 02:43 PM
Hopefully Northern will do the right thing next year and stop rigging the draw

The 2 North Coast sides both years to come down have been poor and it is a ridiculous cost to fund them coming down here as a sacrificial lamb to the slaughter

Cut it back to 1 and level the playing field by having the NPL side head up there.

Also cut out this shit where a lower level Newy side gets to the Final 4

Make them earn it on merit. Not a rigged draw

NewyTy
21-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Anyone watch Olympic v Norths and can provide a synopsis?

I caught all the games. Norths just outplayed on the day. Thought Urunga were the better of the two out of town teams. Norths just never looked like causing Hamilton a headache. I watch New-FM week in-week out and neither side would look out of place in that division against some of the lower sides.

magician
21-06-2016, 04:09 PM
I caught all the games. Norths just outplayed on the day. Thought Urunga were the better of the two out of town teams. Norths just never looked like causing Hamilton a headache. I watch New-FM week in-week out and neither side would look out of place in that division against some of the lower sides.

Olympic rested 6 or 7 in that games aswel

RAM
21-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Hopefully Northern will do the right thing next year and stop rigging the draw

The 2 North Coast sides both years to come down have been poor and it is a ridiculous cost to fund them coming down here as a sacrificial lamb to the slaughter

Cut it back to 1 and level the playing field by having the NPL side head up there.

Also cut out this shit where a lower level Newy side gets to the Final 4

Make them earn it on merit. Not a rigged draw

I agree

The draw should be open earlier, with Newie sides making the trip north at times in the earlier rounds. Covering 400, 500, 600 kms the day before or day of the game affects their chances at the best of times.

RAM
21-06-2016, 04:44 PM

Thought as much.

For what its worth, I know of a fair few NIF players that have moved to Newie and played NEWFM or NPL underage. Hearfield is the last I can remember that played HAL, NPL.

GO AWAY
05-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Can someone tell me, why the hell are two A-League clubs Jets v Victory being held at Magic Park ???????
1/ Broadmeadow are out of the competition, so why keep loading there pockets with fixtures
2/ Why cant they play it at Hunter Stadium, there is NO rugby league there for two and a half weeks before the game, last knights game 17-07-2016, FFA CUP GAME 03-08-2016.
Can NNSW please stop lining Magics pockets, its not fair on the other clubs, unless, all takings on the night transparent and distributed between all clubs in Newfm and NPL.

Im sure the new owner would like to see it played at Hunter Stadium and not Magic Park. What a joke

The Magician
05-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Can someone tell me, why the hell are two A-League clubs Jets v Victory being held at Magic Park ???????
1/ Broadmeadow are out of the competition, so why keep loading there pockets with fixtures
2/ Why cant they play it at Hunter Stadium, there is NO rugby league there for two and a half weeks before the game, last knights game 17-07-2016, FFA CUP GAME 03-08-2016.
Can NNSW please stop lining Magics pockets, its not fair on the other clubs, unless, all takings on the night transparent and distributed between all clubs in Newfm and NPL.

Im sure the new owner would like to see it played at Hunter Stadium and not Magic Park. What a joke

1. Your an idiot... its the Jets, NNSWF have nothing to do with hosting the event. Why would they share takings with other clubs?
2. The lighting and facilities meet FFA and FIFA criteria for hosting. Lighting criteria overides all other criteria because A-league team is in attendance minimum 450luxx regardless. That means only Hunter Stadium and Magic Park suffice in the hunter region.
3. Martin Lees representatives have visited ground and love it.
4. To open up Hunter stadium for one game costs $35k+ between hire administration and security. Its a sound business call to host it at Magic Park for the 3-4k people in attendance.
5. Your right its not fair, go grab a shovel and start getting to work at Lisle Carr then. Maybe when YOU build it they may come.

GO AWAY
05-07-2016, 12:14 PM
1. Your an idiot... its the Jets, NNSWF have nothing to do with hosting the event. Why would they share takings with other clubs?
2. The lighting and facilities meet FFA and FIFA criteria for hosting. Lighting criteria overides all other criteria because A-league team is in attendance minimum 450luxx regardless. That means only Hunter Stadium and Magic Park suffice in the hunter region.
3. Martin Lees representatives have visited ground and love it.
4. To open up Hunter stadium for one game costs $35k+ between hire administration and security. Its a sound business call to host it at Magic Park for the 3-4k people in attendance.
5. Your right its not fair, go grab a shovel and start getting to work at Lisle Carr then. Maybe when YOU build it they may come.

1/ Jets represent the whole Newcastle community, not ONE club.
2/ Hunter stadium and Magic Park suffice. Hunter Stadium
3/ Did notice Martin LEE in media with a Broadmeadow Magic scarf around his neck ..... please he owns the jets, get out of his pocket
4/ 3-4k in attendance ? We will see
5/ If Lisle Carr was fed some games, or Darling st, Adamstown Oval or Rockwell who cares, we might be able to improve on our grounds, but not while all the events go to one club, its called a monopoly, and it has a bad smell. Almost like sepp blatter is involved in making calls and allocating games.

MFKS
05-07-2016, 12:36 PM
1 Exactly how is the Jets representing Broadmeadow Magic on the night at the expense of all other clubs??
They have chosen to hire a facility for the night based on it being the best in town. Just as they do when they play NYL W League or friendlies they choose Magic Park

2 Magic Park has hosted 5 ties before. 2 Jets 2 Magic and even Edgy played there
No other venue in Newy has yet

3 Nothing to Add

4 You are dreaming if you think we will get 3-4 k there.
Be lucky to get 1-2 k on a cold winters night in pre season

Darling St is a 1 sided viewing ground
Weston is 20-30 mins drive from Newy
Adamstown Oval has been there for 100 years and the club have done nothing with it
Lisle Carr Oval?? Where the **** is everyone parking once you get a crowd over 500

ForeverRed
05-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Hosting it at No 2 would only put money into the coffers of the egg ball game

monz6
05-07-2016, 03:48 PM

the last line is a very accurate description of your post.

winner
27-07-2016, 10:12 PM
Edgeworth up 2-0 over FNQ into the final 10 minutes

Zico
27-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Edgeworth up 2-0 over FNQ into the final 10 minutes
3-0 winners, well done Edgy

mervan
27-07-2016, 11:34 PM
3-0 winners, well done Edgy

Great result for edgy

ForeverRed
10-08-2016, 10:39 PM
Great effort Jaffas, I know the feeling to well

pv4
31-08-2016, 08:46 AM
Really enjoyed Edgy v WSW last night.

I thought Josh Evans was the absolute clear standout for Edgy. He was phenomenal.

Next best I thought was Bizzari in the middle. He was excellent and IMO showed he can match it at the level. Note: I have no idea how old he is, his club history, etc but I'll be surprised if he isn't at least invited to train with an AL club soon.

Aaron McLoughlin I thought was really good too, even considering particularly in the first half him getting turned&burned by WSW's new Japanese import. You could see how hard Aaron worked particularly at the end when he was just run off his feet.

McBreen was excellent and matched the quality of WSW, as expected.

Keanu Moore particularly in the first half had some really nice touches and apart from McBreen was what I considered the only real player to offer some threat to the WSW defence.

Brody Taylor worked his freckle off to attempt to ambush/trap WSW playing out - clearly a tactic by Edgy that came close to coming off multiple times.

Pasquale was tenacious but didn't offer a lot apart from defensive pressure.

I barely saw Holz in the game.

Bren Hammel wasn't overly effective.

Foggarty made some superb saves, but then he let in a goal like Scott Neville's which looked routine.

Don't know his first name but Gardiner who came off the bench looked out of his depth - but looked really young so fair play to him.

Pat Wheeler looked unreal when he came on. Played some great balls and had some nice touches. I'm always impressed by him.

All in all I thought Edgy didn't threaten a heap, but held their own. I thought the scoreline wasn't a true reflection on how much Edgy kept themselves in the game.

WSW were miles, miles better than what Melbourne City were last year against Edgy.

The big thing Edgy missed from last year was Luke Walker. He was the standout player v City last year, playing about 4 positions in one. If he was back this year, or if Edgy had McBreen last year, I feel like both years would have ended up different results.

magician
31-08-2016, 10:23 AM

I thought Josh Evans was the absolute clear standout for Edgy. He was phenomenal.

Next best I thought was Bizzari in the middle. He was excellent and IMO showed he can match it at the level. Note: I have no idea how old he is, his club history, etc but I'll be surprised if he isn't at least invited to train with an AL club soon.

Aaron McLoughlin I thought was really good too, even considering particularly in the first half him getting turned&burned by WSW's new Japanese import. You could see how hard Aaron worked particularly at the end when he was just run off his feet.

Keanu Moore particularly in the first half had some really nice touches and apart from McBreen was what I considered the only real player to offer some threat to the WSW defence.

Brody Taylor worked his freckle off to attempt to ambush/trap WSW playing out - clearly a tactic by Edgy that came close to coming off multiple times.

Foggarty made some superb saves, but then he let in a goal like Scott Neville's which looked routine.

Don't know his first name but Gardiner who came off the bench looked out of his depth - but looked really young so fair play to him.

Pat Wheeler looked unreal when he came on. Played some great balls and had some nice touches. I'm always impressed by him.

All in all I thought Edgy didn't threaten a heap, but held their own. I thought the scoreline wasn't a true reflection on how much Edgy kept themselves in the game.

WSW were miles, miles better than what Melbourne City were last year against Edgy.

The big thing Edgy missed from last year was Luke Walker. He was the standout player v City last year, playing about 4 positions in one. If he was back this year, or if Edgy had McBreen last year, I feel like both years would have ended up different results.

So your saying if walker played against wanderers. Edgy would of won. That's laughable. They were played off the park for atleast 75mins
Clearly edgys hectic schedule over the last few months contributed.

leftrightout
31-08-2016, 10:28 AM
So your saying if walker played against wanderers. Edgy would of won. That's laughable. They were played off the park for atleast 75mins

Wanderers were the sharpest I've seen an A-league team so far this pre-season. Edgey put up a good fight but i thought they did well but the scoreline was a fair reflection in the end.

Also agree, Evans was brilliant. Mcloughlin was my next best.
Bren Hammel is a great player but just had to do so much defending.

pv4
31-08-2016, 10:35 AM

I don't think Edgy would have won, all I said was it would have been a different result.

ForeverRed
31-08-2016, 11:32 AM

Dribble

Lofty
31-08-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't think Edgy would have won, all I said was it would have been a different result.

So a draw?

cobra23
31-08-2016, 12:27 PM
So a draw?

no 4 - 1 instead of 5 - 1 in last nights game if luke walker played

lquiquer
31-08-2016, 12:27 PM
So a draw?

And would Edgy have won the penalty shootout with that keeper?

cobra23
31-08-2016, 12:32 PM
Wanderers were the sharpest I've seen an A-league team so far this pre-season. Edgey put up a good fight but i thought they did well but the scoreline was a fair reflection in the end.

Also agree, Evans was brilliant. Mcloughlin was my next best.
Bren Hammel is a great player but just had to do so much defending.

Evans and Mcbreen were my best last night.
the rest were terrible considering the occasion,

Tonester
31-08-2016, 03:03 PM
The whole lot were crap,sugar coat it as much as you like,the only winners as far as our comp goes are Magic.

Lofty
31-08-2016, 04:21 PM
The whole lot were crap,sugar coat it as much as you like,the only winners as far as our comp goes are Magic.

Do elaborate.. Pretty sure the Magic were knocked out by Edgy and that Edgy were the first Newcastle team to win a round of 32 match. I know I would have loved if Magic had been able to do so. Don't see your point here?

GazFish35
31-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Dribble

Pass.

spamg172
31-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Do elaborate.. Pretty sure the Magic were knocked out by Edgy and that Edgy were the first Newcastle team to win a round of 32 match. I know I would have loved if Magic had been able to do so. Don't see your point here?

He's saying Magic will be the ones to benefit from Edgeworth getting run around for 90 tough minutes, in the days leading up to the grand final.

hawk
31-08-2016, 06:08 PM
:rof:

Lofty
31-08-2016, 10:19 PM
He's saying Magic will be the ones to benefit from Edgeworth getting run around for 90 tough minutes, in the days leading up to the grand final.

I guess it's not too early to already be looking for excuses.

hawk
04-09-2016, 10:04 PM
----cleaned----

This is the mighty ffa cup thread not the "which average player might walk into an average nnsw team" thread.

Tonester
04-09-2016, 10:43 PM
----cleaned----

This is the mighty ffa cup thread not the "which average player might walk into an average nnsw team" thread.
PCO's on patrol

hamburgler
03-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Does anyone know when the FFA Cup draw will be done, and any idea when the first round will be played?

RANGER09
03-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Not sure about the draw, first rd for zone leagues is 18th & 19th March

Bremsstrahlung
03-01-2017, 09:53 PM
I take it that means we are still persisting with a rigged/weighted draw?

winner
03-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Round 1 = only zone league clubs
Round 2 = newfm teams enter draw
Round 3 = npl teams enter draw
No rigged draw, all teams in same pot.
The 4 teams who made the ffa cup nnsw semis , Edgy Jaffas Olympic and Singleton will be seeded and when they are drawn in round 3 they cannot draw another npl side

Bremsstrahlung
03-01-2017, 10:56 PM
So one non-NPL team is not guaranteed a spot in the Southern Pool's final 4?

winner
03-01-2017, 11:02 PM
So one non-NPL team is not guaranteed a spot in the Southern Pool's final 4?

That is the information i have heard. Not even guaranteed a spot in the last 6 Southern pool teams who make it to the quarter final weekend. Looks like Nnsw are finally taking the FFA cup as seriously as the clubs do. You would think that would nearly guarantee 6 npl sides at the quarter finals , which is a much better scenario.

LongSufferingFan
28-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Have heard the First round draw comes out this Tuesday.

Premy
28-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Have heard the First round draw comes out this Tuesday.

9am Tuesday morning, it will be broadcast live on Facebook.

MonkeyKplunk
31-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Draw is today at 1.30pm.
Broadcast live on NNSWF social media channels.

Will be interesting to see how this first round change works out for clubs.

MFKS
31-01-2017, 12:24 PM
Draw is today at 1.30pm.
Broadcast live on NNSWF social media channels.

Will be interesting to see how this first round change works out for clubs.

Magic to get a bye

Rofl

magician
31-01-2017, 01:24 PM
Magic to get a bye

Rofl

Don't be silly. They will draw the lowest rank teams until they get the bye into the semis

The Magician
31-01-2017, 02:19 PM
Don't be silly. They will draw the lowest rank teams until they get the bye into the semis

Damn straight!!!

Bremsstrahlung
31-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Started writing up the list but, the stream is balls on my computer.

evolution
31-01-2017, 02:44 PM
Westlakes FC vs Hamilton Azzurri
Dudley Redhead vs Mayfield United JFC
Hunter Simba FC vs Maryland Fletcher FC
Beresfield United SFC vs Warners Bay FC
Jesmond FC vs Kotara FC
Dudley Redhead Senior FC vs Garden Suburbs FC
Barnsley Bulldogs FC vs Newcastle Uni
Beresfield FC vs Newcastle Suns
Mayfield United Senior vs Morrisett United FC
Charlestown JFC vs Cardiff City FC
Argenton United JFC vs Merewether Advance
Bolwarra Lorn JSC vs Edgeworth JSC
Muswellbrook FC vs Swansa FC
Raymond Terrace SC vs Nelson Bay FC
Stockton Shark BYE

Roundball Enthusiast
31-01-2017, 03:21 PM
Jesmond FC vs Kotara FC
Muswellbrook FC vs Swansea FC
Stockton Shark BYE

Get your predictions in. Don't be scared.

Nou Camp
31-01-2017, 03:54 PM
which Dudley is which again?

Roundball Enthusiast
31-01-2017, 03:56 PM
which Dudley is which again?

Senior is the ZPL side plays out of Dudley, the other plays out of Redhead.

goaliepersempre
31-01-2017, 06:38 PM
draw was amateur hour

NewyTy
31-01-2017, 09:16 PM
Any word yet on when these games may be played. Heard midweek for Rounds 2 and onwards but guessing Round 1 will be played on a weekend. Also guessing that the LMRFF won't be hosting the opening round like past years.

Roundball Enthusiast
31-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Any word yet on when these games may be played. Heard midweek for Rounds 2 and onwards but guessing Round 1 will be played on a weekend. Also guessing that the LMRFF won't be hosting the opening round like past years.

18th/19th March, at each home teams ground.

Not sure on the other weekends, but have heard there are weekends spare (washout weekends) for FFA Cup.

NewyTy
31-01-2017, 11:47 PM

Not sure on the other weekends, but have heard there are weekends spare (washout weekends) for FFA Cup.

Might be some free weekends in Zone League schedule but NL1 don't even have the spare weekend in June this year like normal whilst NPL does. Would make more sense to play Rounds 2 and 3 and so on as the top two leagues come in on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Got to say the new draw seems alright so far. Probably a good thing protecting the lower tier Zone sides from the top dogs. That being said, hoping the seeding doesn't come back to allow a Zone team to make it to the Quarters. Not sure if that's the plan this year but should be open hat draw with everyone in it.

leftrightout
01-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Get your predictions in. Don't be scared.

A few different to you!

Jesmond FC vs Kotara FC
Muswellbrook FC vs Swansa FC
Stockton Shark BYE Haha sorry fellas!

Premy
01-02-2017, 10:18 AM

Venues are yet to be confirmed, date is correct.

MonkeyKplunk
01-02-2017, 11:54 AM

Yeah, we'd heard that Round 1 will be played on neutral grounds as the old State Cup was.
Apparently Round 2 will be the same and no games will be at Speers Point until Round 3 when NPL teams enter.

Swanky
01-02-2017, 12:20 PM
I'm pretty sure if home teams can get their ground for that weekend they can play the tie at home
Those who can't get grounds will get moved to grounds that are free to host on that weekend

No games to be played at LMFF unless wet weather becomes an issue in any round

onlooker
01-02-2017, 01:28 PM
The more games at one ground the better I say, the hosting club can make a day of it rather then just set up for one game.
You won't have to worry about not getting enough refs to cover they can just allocate three to the one ground to cover the games. And from a personal point of view I enjoy watching the other games at the ground I'm at.

The Spy
02-02-2017, 11:40 AM
The more games at one ground the better I say, the hosting club can make a day of it rather then just set up for one game.
You won't have to worry about not getting enough refs to cover they can just allocate three to the one ground to cover the games. And from a personal point of view I enjoy watching the other games at the ground I'm at.

I'd imagine it'll give a chance for those teams to play their reserves and thirds if they can though.

Nou Camp
02-02-2017, 11:53 AM
who usually pays for refs for FFA cup?

NUGUNS
02-02-2017, 01:31 PM
And from a personal point of view I enjoy watching the other games at the ground I'm at.

I think having a few games per ground is good for this reason. a few years ago Suburbs played up at Nelson bay with another 3 or 4 games on and it made for a great day.

Although you can see the positives of having 3rds and Ressies potentially getting a run before hand if both clubs agree.

Lets just hope if NPL sides end up hosting further into the draw I won't potentially have to pay to watch Zone League sides play each other.

The Magician
02-02-2017, 02:18 PM

ref fees are split between the participating club, regardless if one is hosting.

EH9
02-02-2017, 03:11 PM

The federation pay the refs in line with FFA Cup rules.

Nou Camp
03-02-2017, 03:47 PM
good answers....

leftrightout
13-03-2017, 11:17 AM
FFA Cup 1st round this week, complaints about the format to begin in 3....2....1....

MonkeyKplunk
16-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Round 1 this weekend.
Times/Dates/Locations for those that haven't seen the Southern Pool yet

18/03/17 Mayfield United SFC v Morisset United FC Fishburn Field, Rathmines 1:00pm
18/03/17 Westlake Wildcats FC v Hamilton Azzurri FC Fishburn Field, Rathmines 3:00pm

18/03/17 Bolwarra Lorn JSC v Edgeworth JSC Victoria Road Complex, Bolwarra 3:00pm

18/03/17 Argenton United JSC v Merewether Advance SFC Taylor Park, Barnsley 11:00am
18/03/17 Jesmond FC v Kotara South SFC Taylor Park, Barnsley 1:00pm
18/03/17 Barnsley United SFC v Newcastle University Mens FC Taylor Park, Barnsley 3:00pm

18/03/17 Charlestown JFC v Cardiff City FC Lydon Oval, Dudley 11:00am
18/03/17 Dudley Redhead United FC v Mayfield United JSFC Lydon Oval, Dudley 1:00pm
18/03/17 Dudley Redhead United SFC v Garden Suburb FC Lydon Oval, Dudley 3:00pm

18/03/17 Muswellbrook FC v Swansea FC Victoria Park, Muswellbrook 3:00pm

19/03/17 Beresfield United SFC v Warners Bay FC Pasadena Oval, Beresfield 3:30pm
19/03/17 Hunter Simba FC v Maryland Fletcher FC Pasadena Oval, Beresfield 5:30pm

19/03/17 Raymond Terrace SC v Nelson Bay FC Tarro Park, Tarro 12:30pm
19/03/17 Beresfield FC v Newcastle Suns Tarro Park, Tarro 2:30pm

BYE - Stockton Sharks

Anyone suspect on washouts for grounds yet?

salmon
16-03-2017, 01:46 PM
I'll throw out some predictions based on absolutely nothing...

Mayfield United SFC v Morisset United FC
Westlake Wildcats FC v Hamilton Azzurri FC

Bolwarra Lorn JSC v Edgeworth JSC

Argenton United JSC v Merewether Advance SFC
Jesmond FC v Kotara South SFC
Barnsley United SFC v Newcastle University Mens FC

Charlestown JFC v Cardiff City FC
Dudley Redhead United FC v Mayfield United JSFC
Dudley Redhead United SFC v Garden Suburb FC

Muswellbrook FC v Swansea FC

Beresfield United SFC v Warners Bay FC
Hunter Simba FC v Maryland Fletcher FC

Raymond Terrace SC v Nelson Bay FC
Beresfield FC v Newcastle Suns

leftrightout
16-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Round 1 this weekend.
Times/Dates/Locations for those that haven't seen the Southern Pool yet

18/03/17 Mayfield United SFC v Morisset United FC Fishburn Field, Rathmines 1:00pm
18/03/17 Westlake Wildcats FC v Hamilton Azzurri FC Fishburn Field, Rathmines 3:00pm

18/03/17 Bolwarra Lorn JSC v Edgeworth JSC Victoria Road Complex, Bolwarra 3:00pm

18/03/17 Argenton United JSC v Merewether Advance SFC Taylor Park, Barnsley 11:00am
18/03/17 Jesmond FC v Kotara South SFC Taylor Park, Barnsley 1:00pm
18/03/17 Barnsley United SFC v Newcastle University Mens FC Taylor Park, Barnsley 3:00pm

18/03/17 Charlestown JFC v Cardiff City FC Lydon Oval, Dudley 11:00am
18/03/17 Dudley Redhead United FC v Mayfield United JSFC Lydon Oval, Dudley 1:00pm
18/03/17 Dudley Redhead United SFC v Garden Suburb FC Lydon Oval, Dudley 3:00pm

18/03/17 Muswellbrook FC v Swansea FC Victoria Park, Muswellbrook 3:00pm

19/03/17 Beresfield United SFC v Warners Bay FC Pasadena Oval, Beresfield 3:30pm
19/03/17 Hunter Simba FC v Maryland Fletcher FC Pasadena Oval, Beresfield 5:30pm

19/03/17 Raymond Terrace SC v Nelson Bay FC Tarro Park, Tarro 12:30pm
19/03/17 Beresfield FC v Newcastle Suns Tarro Park, Tarro 2:30pm

BYE - Stockton Sharks

Anyone suspect on washouts for grounds yet?

What will they do in event of washout?
Move to Speers point or reschedule?

namwob99
16-03-2017, 06:03 PM
Any zone league teams charging entry or that just the penny pinchers in NPL doing that?

Premy
16-03-2017, 06:06 PM
What will they do in event of washout?
Move to Speers point or reschedule?

All host clubs have to contact Northern by no later than 9am tomorrow morning for washouts so contingencies can be made.

Charman
16-03-2017, 06:20 PM
Just now noticed the hosts. 2 clubs getting opportunity to host and only one game at each. Sucks to be Swansea I reckon. Good bus trip home tho.

The Postman
16-03-2017, 11:51 PM
Games will be played at Speers Point either Saturday or Sunday, depending how many fields are out of action.

Shere Khan
17-03-2017, 01:14 AM
I got word from Northern to say that if games are washed out they will be rescheduled for mid week.
Speers Pt is booked out.
That was lunchtime Thurs.
May have changed though.

leftrightout
17-03-2017, 08:52 AM
All host clubs have to contact Northern by no later than 9am tomorrow morning for washouts so contingencies can be made.

9am the day prior is an interesting deadline isn't it!
Over 24 hours before games is a bit extreme when they aren't even going to be able to reschedule for this weekend.

MonkeyKplunk
17-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Just now noticed the hosts. 2 clubs getting opportunity to host and only one game at each. Sucks to be Swansea I reckon. Good bus trip home tho.

We offered the ground for many more games if they wanted, despite the travel.
Swansea can live with it honestly. Games like this are important for smaller, community clubs. Helps us show our juniors just how far the club can progress if they stick with it.

Plus, travel 2 hours on a bus once a season is nothing.

MonkeyKplunk
17-03-2017, 09:02 AM
"In the event where Clubs are not able to host, NNSWF will reschedule as many matches as possible to be completed at Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility. Please be aware pre-existing Competition matches have already been allocated to the venue so timings etc. will be adjusted for matches to be played Saturday afternoon & Sunday evening with further matches potentially being scheduled midweek."

From the official email yesterday about rescheduled matches.
I'd hope they don't try and slug clubs for using that god awful facility like they did with Heritage Cup though.

anfield
17-03-2017, 10:35 AM
9am the day prior is an interesting deadline isn't it!
Over 24 hours before games is a bit extreme when they aren't even going to be able to reschedule for this weekend.

Would they have put the same pressure on npl and new fm clubs? Easier to pressure zone league clubs.

leftrightout
17-03-2017, 01:45 PM
"In the event where Clubs are not able to host, NNSWF will reschedule as many matches as possible to be completed at Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility. Please be aware pre-existing Competition matches have already been allocated to the venue so timings etc. will be adjusted for matches to be played Saturday afternoon & Sunday evening with further matches potentially being scheduled midweek."

From the official email yesterday about rescheduled matches.
I'd hope they don't try and slug clubs for using that god awful facility like they did with Heritage Cup though.

If they try to charge Zone league clubs to use that ground in event of wet weather i think you may find there will be some forfeits and will make a joke of the competition.
Zone league clubs no longer have to pay entry fees to go in FFA cup as it was seen as an expensive trial match. I doubt charging to use that facility would go down well!

MonkeyKplunk
17-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Just received an email stating that all games are on as scheduled, with the exception of those at Rathmines, which will now be at Speers Point.

sammydog
17-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Just received an email stating that all games are on as scheduled, with the exception of those at Rathmines, which will now be at Speers Point.

Must be some great drainage at the grounds being used for only Rathmines to relocate.

leftrightout
18-03-2017, 08:44 AM
I'd say most will be off after last nights rain!

Robbery
18-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Just been told Barnsley games are off. Be interesting to see when they reschedule games for but hopefully not today as that would be way too short notice.

leftrightout
18-03-2017, 09:13 AM
Surely they couldn't reschedule games that fast, plus who at NNSWF would be working today to do all of the notifying.
Also someone said there was prior booking at speers point today. I'd say you will be seeing games each night this week at speers point

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
18-03-2017, 09:26 AM
On Thu hosting clubs were given til Fri morning to notify if they wanted their fixtures moved.
With the possibility of a decently ran club being able to make $1000 for the day, i see the reluctance to give it up, with only Westlakes doing so.
Having said that, with the rainfall and predicted forecast, the authorities should have stepped in and taken the decision away and scheduled the games for Speers Point.
Any move now away from the same kick off day/time is just not on. People have lives away from football.
Schedule them midweek at the multi million dollar complex. That's what it's there for right, to service the local football community....

pv4
18-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Good on Westlakes for taking the initiative on this one.

Robbery
18-03-2017, 11:27 AM
Are any games on today apart from speers point?

Donk
18-03-2017, 11:34 AM
On Thu hosting clubs were given til Fri morning to notify if they wanted their fixtures moved.
With the possibility of a decently ran club being able to make $1000 for the day, i see the reluctance to give it up, with only Westlakes doing so.
Having said that, with the rainfall and predicted forecast, the authorities should have stepped in and taken the decision away and scheduled the games for Speers Point.
Any move now away from the same kick off day/time is just not on. People have lives away from football.
Schedule them midweek at the multi million dollar complex. That's what it's there for right, to service the local football community....

It didn't matter not all games would have been able to be played as they already had rep games scheduled for today and tomorrow. That's why they didn't just move all games there.

Donk
18-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Just been told Barnsley games are off. Be interesting to see when they reschedule games for but hopefully not today as that would be way too short notice.

All games will be mid week at Speers point so they are not washed out again.

leftrightout
18-03-2017, 12:18 PM
Just spoke a guy from Barnsley.
He said last night they inspected their field and were happy with it as their drainage is really good.
The rain last night filled the creek up that the drain run into, therefore no drainage this morning!

Donk
18-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Just spoke a guy from Barnsley.
He said last night they inspected their field and were happy with it as their drainage is really good.
The rain last night filled the creek up that the drain run into, therefore no drainage this morning!
100% Didn't expect creek to rise that high otherwise it would have be good to go the new drainage system is really good.

pastor399
18-03-2017, 12:33 PM
100% Didn't expect creek to rise that high otherwise it would have be good to go the new drainage system is really good.

Apart form relying on a creek that fills up quickly during wet weather events? ;)

Donk
18-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Apart form relying on a creek that fills up quickly during wet weather events? ;)

Not usually as much as it did. But obviously hard to judge but if it didn't we would have been right to play

leftrightout
18-03-2017, 02:46 PM

Hahahaha the true genius that is LMCC!

MonkeyKplunk
18-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Muswellbrook v Swansea just finished.
Still played in Muswellbrook.

1-1 end of normal time
Swansea won on pens 4-5

oneeye
18-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Any results from games at Dudley today ? and at Muswellbrook ?

The Postman
18-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Westlakes 2 - 1 Hamilton

Azzurri throughly outplayed

pv4
19-03-2017, 08:44 AM
Westlakes 2 - 1 Hamilton

Azzurri throughly outplayed

Reports say many got got

NUGUNS
19-03-2017, 09:04 AM
Dudley 1 - 1 Suburbs.

Dudley through on pens. Have to give Dudley credit due to their field being pretty much dry and flat except for a small section considering the rain and the two games on earlier in the day.

The Postman
19-03-2017, 09:06 AM
Reports say many got got

Watching yesterday as a netrual was interesting, from the theatrics when the Azzurri Captain went down seemingly breaking his leg in half, only to come back on the field minutes later, turning down the stretcher in the process to the 'Ultra' on the far hill who did not let up the good natured cheering all game. Coaches exchanging words at full time, a sublime goal from 35 yards out, almost injury time goal from Azzurri GK, this game did have it all. Azzurri wanted it more in the last 10 and almost jagged 2 goals, but Westlakes were the better team and with their usual 2 strikers would have been 5-0 at the half. But that's Cup football, the dream of the Azzurri is over for another year.

namwob99
19-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Games at Bero FC are off!

salmon
19-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Watching yesterday as a netrual was interesting, from the theatrics when the Azzurri Captain went down seemingly breaking his leg in half, only to come back on the field minutes later, turning down the stretcher in the process to the 'Ultra' on the far hill who did not let up the good natured cheering all game. Coaches exchanging words at full time, a sublime goal from 35 yards out, almost injury goal from Azzurri GK, this game did have it all. Azzurri wanted it more in the last 10 and almost jagged 2 goals, but Westlakes were the better team and with their usual 2 strikers would have been 5-0 at the half. But that's Cup football, the dream of the Azzurri is over for another year.

Yeah mate, absolutely spot on about the theatrics from the Skipper that did his ACL and attempted to play on. What a scumbag

Westlakes outplayed for majority of the game, maybe two 10 minute spells when they were the better team and credit to them, they made those spells count. Lucky they have a switched on coach at the helm, otherwise I'd be tipping them for a long year.

The Postman
19-03-2017, 11:10 AM
Yeah mate, absolutely spot on about the theatrics from the Skipper that did his ACL and attempted to play on. What a scumbag

Westlakes outplayed for majority of the game, maybe two 10 minute spells when they were the better team and credit to them, they made those spells count. Lucky they have a switched on coach at the helm, otherwise I'd be tipping them for a long year.

Did he? Ah that's terrible, couldn't tell from the stands to be honest, you wouldn't normally see wouldn't see a bloke continue playing on like he did. He and #28 were a class above yesterday.

Macca
19-03-2017, 12:30 PM
I feel for the bloke who did his ACL, I figured that's what had happened from the way he went down initially but was pretty surprised when he continued on. When he went down a second time I felt like going over and saying its not worth it, may as well just go off. Azzurri were good value yesterday and while we were poor, they still played a solid game. The last 10 were a bit shaky from us and you guys didn't stop coming, but we really should have buried the game in the 10 leading to half time. Fair play though, it was a tight encounter and you guys should look forward to a strong season ahead. All the best

Shere Khan
19-03-2017, 06:01 PM
Pasadena on?

RANGER09
19-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Don't think any grounds were open today ?

onlooker
19-03-2017, 07:04 PM
Pasadena on? called off

sancho_theswan
19-03-2017, 07:33 PM
Round 2

Swansea v's Belswans...... odds on.

Jardelsimage
19-03-2017, 07:52 PM
so score for Cardiff v Charly was 9-0, is this correct?

United
19-03-2017, 08:54 PM
so score for Cardiff v Charly was 9-0, is this correct?

Score sheet says 8.

United
19-03-2017, 08:55 PM
Lydon Oval is always great for drainage. Games were never in doubt

Jardelsimage
19-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Score sheet says 8.

8 or 9 who's counting then.
match report the one I have is very one sided.

United
20-03-2017, 07:51 AM
8 or 9 who's counting then.
match report the one I have is very one sided.

No counting I actually have the team sheets as most lost count. First 10 mins Charlestown took it to Cardiff. But as the goals started going in some of the Charlestown players looked like they gave up

Jardelsimage
20-03-2017, 03:46 PM
No counting I actually have the team sheets as most lost count. First 10 mins Charlestown took it to Cardiff. But as the goals started going in some of the Charlestown players looked like they gave up

fair enough.
how are Charly fairing this year, haven't heard much about them?

United
20-03-2017, 05:40 PM
fair enough.
how are Charly fairing this year, haven't heard much about them?

I don't know if it was true but all three of their keepers are currently injured. The poor guy they threw in goals only turned up during the week. Hard to say how they will go as only have seen them in 2 games and both against 2 very strong Zone Premier League teams

Kicktheball
20-03-2017, 05:51 PM
When are the washed out games being played?

leftrightout
20-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Sometime between now and next Wednesday. No confirmation on specifics yet though

C-Mac
21-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Raymond Terrace v Nelson bay booked in for this friday night at king park

ranger
21-03-2017, 01:44 PM
At Bolwarra Sporting Complex, Bolwarra, Saturday 25th
1pm
Beresfield United SFC v Warners Bay FC
3pm
Bolwarra JSC v Edgeworth JSC

Robbery
21-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Argenton vs Merewether to be played on Tuesday march 28th at argenton - 7pm kickoff.

Seems strange given it is an FFA comp that we are playing on the same night as the Socceroos game in Sydney, which a few of our players will now have to miss. Not much we can do anyway so just have to get on with it......

Good to finally know what's happening.

Donk
21-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Games at Barnsley have had a time change
Saturday 25th
11 am
Jesmond vs Kotara
1pm
Barnsley vs Uni

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
21-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Can confirm the above time changes were at our request, Jesmond FC. We would like to thank host club Barnsley, plus opposition Kotara and even Uni too for facilitating this. Plus Ramsay too for making it happen.

Cabaye#4
22-03-2017, 09:39 AM
First 20 of borh halves were even contests, but it went from 0-0 to 0-5 in a blink of an eye by halftime.
Second half was similar, once the first went in, the next 2 followed quickly.

Common complaint, but the refereeing certainly didnt favour the underdogs either.
It's frustrating when the linesman agrees that alot of decisions were wrong in his opinion, but he wasn't doing the centre for that game.

Cardiff were sharp & very clinical. Fully deserved regardless.

Nou Camp
23-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Bero ZL1 vs suns tonight at Tarro 6:30

namwob99
23-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Bero ZL1 vs suns tonight at Tarro 6:30
Suns 9-1. Too good!

Nou Camp
24-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Suns 9-1. Too good!

I wasn't there, heard it was 1-1 at HT

GO AWAY
24-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Suns 9-1. Too good!

Maj score 8 ? haha

Nou Camp
24-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Maj score 8 ? haha

didn't play

Apollo Creed
24-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Suns 9-1. Too good!

suns the dark horse.
could come close to secure a FFA Cup spot this year
with there pre season and last night display, they will come close to beat any NPL team, with the players they have.

GO AWAY
24-03-2017, 11:07 AM
suns the dark horse.
could come close to secure a FFA Cup spot this year
with there pre season and last night display, they will come close to beat any NPL team, with the players they have.

Who they got ?

namwob99
24-03-2017, 12:32 PM
I wasn't there, heard it was 1-1 at HT
Yeah it was. Defended well in the first half. Ran out of legs in the 2nd half which was always gonna happen. Not making excuses at all, but we did alright for a team who were playing their first game and had 4 regulars out. Some of the Suns goals were outrageous and we got the last touch with a deflection on about 4 of them.

leftrightout
24-03-2017, 12:34 PM
Yeah it was. Defended well in the first half. Ran out of legs in the 2nd half which was always gonna happen. Not making excuses at all, but we did alright for a team who were playing their first game and had 4 regulars out. Some of the Suns goals were outrageous and we got the last touch with a deflection on about 4 of them.

First run? No trials for you boys?

anfield
24-03-2017, 01:20 PM
Suns 9-1. Too good!
Maybe next year the zpl teams can get the bye first round, judging by cardiff,and suns victories. Many would rather play new fm teams then the likes of suns , Mayfield snrs and Dudley snrs.

Roundball Enthusiast
24-03-2017, 01:53 PM

They've had trials. Not sure what he's talking about there.

namwob99
24-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Gone for the softly softly approach. I think the boss forgot he had to organise trials! 😂

namwob99
24-03-2017, 01:56 PM
They've had trials. Not sure what he's talking about there.

We have? Had a game against platsy for half a game on 3/4 size field with no line markings. Soooo yeah, I guess you got me.

Roundball Enthusiast
24-03-2017, 02:04 PM
We have? Had a game against platsy for half a game on 3/4 size field with no line markings. Soooo yeah, I guess you got me.

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1913-2017-Zone-League-1-thread&p=175989&viewfull=1#post175989
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1919-2017-Zone-Premier-League-thread&p=175686&viewfull=1#post175686
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1919-2017-Zone-Premier-League-thread&p=174588&viewfull=1#post174588
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1919-2017-Zone-Premier-League-thread&p=171417&viewfull=1#post171417
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1919-2017-Zone-Premier-League-thread&p=172119&viewfull=1#post172119

Yep, no trials at all.

EDIT: Nam, I'm now 99% sure you're form Bero.. Thought you were Suns XD....

namwob99
24-03-2017, 02:05 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1913-2017-Zone-League-1-thread&p=175989&viewfull=1#post175989
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1919-2017-Zone-Premier-League-thread&p=175686&viewfull=1#post175686
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1919-2017-Zone-Premier-League-thread&p=174588&viewfull=1#post174588
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1919-2017-Zone-Premier-League-thread&p=171417&viewfull=1#post171417
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1919-2017-Zone-Premier-League-thread&p=172119&viewfull=1#post172119

Yep, no trials at all.

Bahahahaha. Love the time you've put into this. Wrong club bro beans!

Roundball Enthusiast
24-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Bahahahaha. Love the time you've put into this. Wrong club bro beans!

Just edited my post XD

I read the wrong name hahaha...

Imyourhero
24-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Classic stitch up

C-Mac
24-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Last I heard was Terrace 7-1 iver the bay with about 10 to go

onlooker
24-03-2017, 10:30 PM
Terrace 8-1NBay

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
25-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Games at Barnsley on today?

Donk
25-03-2017, 10:35 AM
Games at Barnsley on today?

Games @ Taylor Park are on. 👌

Passtheballmate
25-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Terrace 8-1NBay

Pretty hefty scoreline for the Terrace boys. Heard it could've been more.

onlooker
25-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Pretty hefty scoreline for the Terrace boys. Heard it could've been more.

created plenty of chances and for the score to be only 2-1 at half time was being pretty kind to the bay. A deflected shot beat me for the opening goal then only had a few other saves to make all game. Whilst our attack founds its groove and started racking up the score

Donk
25-03-2017, 03:53 PM
@ Taylor Park
Jesmond 1 vs kotara 0

Barnsley 2 vs Uni 0

leftrightout
25-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Saw a bit of jesmond and Kotara. I hope they both had players out otherwise they are looking at a long year in ZPL.

Donk
25-03-2017, 07:15 PM
Saw a bit of jesmond and Kotara. I hope they both had players out otherwise they are looking at a long year in ZPL.
Jesmond had a wedding today so I'm guessing they did. But did hear that was kotaras full squad and I agree they are going to struggle if that's the case

The Spy
25-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Warners Bay 3 def Bero 1

leftrightout
25-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Barnsley v uni.... wow!

The Anvil
25-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Jesmond had a wedding today so I'm guessing they did. But did hear that was kotaras full squad and I agree they are going to struggle if that's the case

Jesmonds team looked the same as last years, except for Nathan in the middle. Love to know where you "heard" that wad kotara's full squad donk! Maybe it was when Grinspoon's Champion was being played over the loud speaker 😎

Donk
25-03-2017, 11:25 PM
Jesmonds team looked the same as last years, except for Nathan in the middle. Love to know where you "heard" that from donk! Maybe it was when Grinspoon's Champion was being played over the loud speaker

Which part?

The reason the games were played early was at the request of jesmond because of the wedding.

Music hasn't change as long as anyone there can remember ha ha ha

Donk
25-03-2017, 11:28 PM
Barnsley v uni.... wow!

Should have stuck around was pretty good game both teams playing good football. Barnsley just creating more opportunities upfront.