PDA

View Full Version : 2015 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

salmon
07-05-2015, 11:42 AM
The old "Park the Bus" debate always bemuses me. If your team is structured and compact in defence as a unit and the opposition can't break that down, i don't see any issues with it at all.

hamburgler
07-05-2015, 12:20 PM
The old "Park the Bus" debate always bemuses me. If your team is structured and compact in defence as a unit and the opposition can't break that down, i don't see any issues with it at all.

No debate mate, I didn't criticise the tactic, I simply noted the frustration that Southy experienced in trying to break down the Weston structure. Personally I like the Southy style of play more, but each to their own!

ForeverRed
07-05-2015, 12:42 PM
Same here, I didn't criticise, I did say Southy failed to take their chances, each to their own

07-05-2015, 03:56 PM

Hooray..couldn't agree more.
So many poeple pretend to know the game and refer to teams parking the bus.
FFS they wouldn't have a clue about strategy,tactics and coaching so stop the friggin dribble about parking the bus.

07-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Hooray..couldn't agree more.
So many poeple pretend to know the game and refer to teams parking the bus.
FFS they wouldn't have a clue about strategy,tactics and coaching so stop the friggin dribble about parking the bus.

Onya Chippers

The Magician
07-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Extract from the Herald....

sportslover • 4 hours ago
As a lover of Newcastle sports in general I relished the opportunity to see some action midweek getting along to see the southy vs weston game. Even though the game was fiery, there was only one way to describe the south cardiff fans and that is DISGUSTING! Well and truly crossing the line from sideline banter to just being crude. The duty manager did happen to find the lone vocal weston supporter and kick him out though. Can safely say this club will never get my $10 entrance fee again!

Forever... What did the Weston supporter say?

ForeverRed
07-05-2015, 06:00 PM
First I heard of it, I stood on the hill all night and heard and seen nothing out of the ordinary, even had a good chat after wards with weston folk, nothing mentioned, obviously he has nothing else to write about, if he had an issue maybe he could give me a call

Newsfeed
07-05-2015, 08:41 PM
First I heard of it, I stood on the hill all night and heard and seen nothing out of the ordinary, even had a good chat after wards with weston folk, nothing mentioned, obviously he has nothing else to write about, if he had an issue maybe he could give me a call

Did you see the send off FR?

ForeverRed
07-05-2015, 08:51 PM
yep, 2 blokes wrestling on the ground, probs should have sent both

MFKS
07-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Did you see the send off FR?

Send off was clear cut

Weston player retaliated to a foul by grabbing opponent by the head neck area and holding his head In a an aggressive manner and pushing it into the ground.

Alright for the UFC but when you just got booked anyway and done it for 20 seconds after the ref blew the whistle and still didn't relent what do you expect??

magician
07-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Send off was clear cut
Weston player retaliated to a foul by grabbing opponent by the head neck area and holding his head In a an aggressive manner and pushing it into the ground.

Alright for the UFC but when you just got booked anyway and done it for 20 seconds after the ref blew the whistle and still didn't relent what do you expect??

Who was it?

BP Super Dynamos
07-05-2015, 11:22 PM
Who was it?

Rob Macbeth

Moley
08-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Jaffas to beat Magic............... Magic would take the draw now I think.
Buds to beat Edgy
Maitland Weston has 0-0 all over it
Jets to beat Azzuri
Southy Olympic draw

MFKS
08-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Jaffas to beat Magic............... Magic would take the draw now I think.
Buds to beat Edgy
Maitland Weston has 0-0 all over it
Jets to beat Azzuri
Southy Olympic draw

More importantly are any games gonna be washed out.

We know Southy will be right as their drainage is top shelf thanks to the stellar work done by FR :brrr:

Azzurri Jaffas Maitland are not exactly known as good drainage and in Maitland case was still not good enough 2 days ago despite being built on top of a ****ing hill

NewyTy
08-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Lambton 1-4 Broadmeadow
Adamstown 1-3 Edgeworth
Weston 1-2 Maitland
Jets Youth 1-2 Charlestown
South Cardiff 2-4 Hamilton

Maybe a bit overboard with the scores but I wrote them late last night.

Reasoning on my previews: http://www.newysports.com/2015/05/preview-northern-nsw-npl-round-5.html

P.S, any wash-outs this weekend will be a massive failure for whichever ground. It's been sunny all week. Some fields do have damage but I think all NPL games will go ahead this week. Hope so anyway.

Blueboy
08-05-2015, 08:17 PM
More importantly are any games gonna be washed out.

We know Southy will be right as their drainage is top shelf thanks to the stellar work done by FR :brrr:

Azzurri Jaffas Maitland are not exactly known as good drainage and in Maitland case was still not good enough 2 days ago despite being built on top of a ****ing hill

Maitland was off had nothing too do with being wet. The pitch was dry. It was the hazards around the ground. ie falling trees ect

Newsfeed
08-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Maitland was off had nothing too do with being wet. The pitch was dry. It was the hazards around the ground. ie falling trees ect

Couldn't have been too hazardous, they were training there last night.

Tonester
09-05-2015, 05:30 PM
How did today's game end up?

winner
09-05-2015, 05:54 PM
How did today's game end up?
2-2

Tonester
09-05-2015, 05:56 PM
2-2
Do you reckon it was a fair result?I think this Comp is going to be extremely tight.

winner
09-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Do you reckon it was a fair result?I think this Comp is going to be extremely tight.
Didn't see the game, mate messaged me the result

NewyTy
09-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Just saw all scores. 22's finished 3-0 Jaffas and 19's finished 4-0 Magic.

Tonester
10-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Jets up 2-1 halftime fairly even both sides giving the ball away,pretty windy though.

Tonester
10-05-2015, 05:20 PM
3-1 Jets,deserved the win

Old Boy
10-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Any more score updates from around the grounds?

magician
10-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Any more score updates from around the grounds?
Olympic 5-2
Goodchild could of scored 5 but ended up with none

Newsfeed
10-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Maitland 0 Weston 1

Tonester
10-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Anyone know about Adamstown result

magician
10-05-2015, 06:13 PM

Edgy won but not sure of the score

Socceraust
10-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Edgy won but not sure of the score

2:0 to Edgy

Socceraust
10-05-2015, 06:37 PM

2:0 to Edgy

ForeverRed
10-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Gunners were terrible, with 4 missing through injury from Wednesday night it was always going to be a long day, no Sean clerke, mat grey, lee Ashton or Nathan Stevens,

Blueboy
10-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Gunners were terrible, with 4 missing through injury from Wednesday night it was always going to be a long day, no Sean clerke, mat grey, lee Ashton or Nathan Stevens,
How were Olympic? Did the score line
reflect the game?

The General
10-05-2015, 08:11 PM
How were Olympic? Did the score line
reflect the game?

Sure did! Southy's keeper made at least a dozen solid - very good saves.
How many games has your coach got left Forever Red? I was left disappointed with their performance.

ForeverRed
10-05-2015, 08:23 PM
About 12 I think, like my earlier post, we were missing a few today, the game was even upto the last 20 but still a poor performance

winner
10-05-2015, 08:37 PM
About 12 I think, like my earlier post, we were missing a few today, the game was even upto the last 20 but still a poor performance

From 3 different people I spoke to who were at your game foerever,they said the only thing that stopped Olympic scoring double figures was an outstanding game from your keeper. I caught the edgy buds game and the buds disappointed me today. Long ball after long ball. Edgy completely dominated the second half and Adamstown really looked like they struggled to back up after playing Olympic midweek. Much like they did when they had to back up agsinst azzurri after playing midweek

prawnhead
10-05-2015, 08:39 PM

Did Jamie Byrnes start for Olympic FR and did he score? Who got goals for Southy?

ForeverRed
10-05-2015, 09:17 PM
No, Darr and kelly

mervan
10-05-2015, 11:27 PM
No, Darr and kelly

From what I saw Southy will have the best drained ground in newfm next year alongside bel swans

Bremsstrahlung
11-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Didn't think Southy were all that horrendous. They were poor, but, a few of the goals were very soft/unlucky.
Tom Pullin in goals was sensational today. Legitimately, kept them in it. Some brilliant saves.
Goodchild up front was the difference for me. Always a threat.
Southy lack potency up front. They need speed. Wouldn't be opposed to Wallace in a no 10 role with the korean/kelly leading the line.
Feel for the Fullback, nothing went right for the kid all game.
Thought Southy might have tried to defend their lead a little better. and it was disappointing to see Olympic make it 3-2 within a minute of Southy equalising. That 10 minutes after scoring needs to be better.

Olympic were ruthless in the end.

winner
11-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Did Jamie Byrnes start for Olympic FR and did he score? Who got goals for Southy?

Jamie Byrnes was a fresh sub and apparently came on in the last 5 minutes when the score was already 5-2.

MFKS
11-05-2015, 05:23 PM
From what I saw Southy will have the best drained ground in newfm next year alongside bel swans

But ain't everyone's favourite tip for success Maitland still yet to win a game. Maybe they will be back in New FM soon enough:rof:

magician
11-05-2015, 05:31 PM
But ain't everyone's favourite tip for success Maitland still yet to win a game. Maybe they will be back in New FM soon enough:rof:

Hope so

winner
11-05-2015, 05:54 PM

Wasn't Adamstown also everyone else's favourite tip. Were they also tipped to make the semi finals by Mr Kerry in the Herald

mervan
11-05-2015, 07:17 PM

True, I think it will be tight competition both at the top and the bottom.

11-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Hamilton V Jets game will start an hour early at 1.30 pm this Sunday so people can watch the A league GF I'm told.im assuming all other games will be the same, I think from memory NNSW did the same thing last year

MFKS
11-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Any postponed games on midweek this week??

If so when where???

NewyTy
12-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Any postponed games on midweek this week??

If so when where???

Lambton v Charlestown is on at Edden Oval, Wednesday night 6:30pm. No other midweek NPL games as far as I know.

winner
12-05-2015, 12:41 AM
Lambton v Charlestown is on at Edden Oval, Wednesday night 6:30pm. No other midweek NPL games as far as I know.

Magic v Adamstown is on at wanderers tomorrow night at 7

ForeverRed
12-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Herald states this fixture is on tonight

winner
12-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Herald states this fixture is on tonight
ForeverRed don't the rules state that the 1st grade fixture of a wash out game is to be played on the Wednesday night so older 1st grade players have to back up within 48 hours. So why do northern let magic play this re sheduled fixture on a Tuesday . Especially seeing how magic played on Saturday and Adamstown played Sunday. Every other 1st grade wash out fixture has been replayed on a Wednesday night to my knowledge but correct me if I am wrong.

early_to_the_match
12-05-2015, 08:35 AM
ForeverRed don't the rules state that the 1st grade fixture of a wash out game is to be played on the Wednesday night so older 1st grade players have to back up within 48 hours. So why do northern let magic play this re sheduled fixture on a Tuesday . Especially seeing how magic played on Saturday and Adamstown played Sunday. Every other 1st grade wash out fixture has been replayed on a Wednesday night to my knowledge but correct me if I am wrong.
Sunday 2.30 kickoff - finished by 4.30 to Tuesday 7pm kickoff = 50 1/2 hours. Don't be late to the game tonight!!

MFKS
12-05-2015, 09:03 AM

Get to spend Tuesday night and Wednesday night at the footy and your moaning about having them both played on the same night so you have to choose

ForeverRed
12-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Why wasn't Jaffas v Azzurri played last week as per rules, 2nd Tuesday/Wednesday after deferment

magician
12-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Why wasn't Jaffas v Azzurri played last week as per rules, 2nd Tuesday/Wednesday after deferment
My guess would be Jaffas had players unavailable.

prawnhead
12-05-2015, 10:35 AM
My guess would be Jaffas had players unavailable.

Or pitch still wasn't up to it. Maitland v Jets was called last week also due to pitch.

ForeverRed
12-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Nope, game was always shcuduled for tomorrow night

MFKS
12-05-2015, 11:12 AM

Simple answer to that FR

Substandard drainage at Arthur Edden :thumbsup:

GO AWAY
12-05-2015, 01:10 PM

19s / 22s tonight

6PM AND 7.30PM

Lofty
12-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Magic getting the rub of the green for Northern once again. The fixture should've been played on Wednesday that extra 24hrs recovery will be crucial. Buds 3rd game in 6 days.

I can only see a Magic victory tonight

Boo hoo. So you mean Adamstown are disadvantaged? The team that complained to Northern because in under the space of one hour from when council announced all grounds were closed, the Adamstown committee then advised coaching staff, who then advised players and then apparently 4 players booked flights out of town for that following day - all within that hour, despite Magic clearing with both council and Northern that the game will go ahead. Adamstown should just be happy they were able to convince Northern to postpone the game to a later date.

Newsfeed
12-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Boo hoo. So you mean Adamstown are disadvantaged? The team that complained to Northern because in under the space of one hour from when council announced all grounds were closed, the Adamstown committee then advised coaching staff, who then advised players and then apparently 4 players booked flights out of town for that following day - all within that hour, despite Magic clearing with both council and Northern that the game will go ahead. Adamstown should just be happy they were able to convince Northern to postpone the game to a later date.
Who is responsible for the decision? council or club?

MFKS
12-05-2015, 06:30 PM
So when was this game to be played?? I take it you ain't referring to the original date

MFKS
12-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Magic getting the rub of the green for Northern once again. The fixture should've been played on Wednesday that extra 24hrs recovery will be crucial. Buds 3rd game in 6 days.

I can only see a Magic victory tonight

Currently buds 2-0 at HT
Magic all the ball barely a shot of note
Buds compact and disciplined and dangerous when they get a chance to attack

If Buds have no chance to win someone forgot to tell them

Scorline fully deserved for a committed organized effort playing to a game plan and is paying dividends

Lofty
12-05-2015, 08:47 PM
So when was this game to be played?? I take it you ain't referring to the original date

This was on the original fixture date.

Ps. Halftime, rosebuds up 2-0.

MFKS
12-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Ft buds 2 Magic3

Goal well past fergie time won it

51 mins 2nd half????

q-money
12-05-2015, 10:19 PM
rofl almost had a flutter on the buds at 5 bucks, would be fuming if i did

The General
12-05-2015, 10:41 PM
From the Herald Website.

Phil Bures keen to fire on Gunners return
By CRAIG KERRY
May 12, 2015, 9 p.m
SOUTH Cardiff will regain a tower of strength in defence for the final two-thirds of their NNSW NPL campaign after securing Phil Bures.

The 24-year-old centre back is set to return to Ulinga Oval on Sunday, May 24, against Edgeworth after finishing up with NSW NPL side Sydney Uni this weekend.

Bures was a key player for the Gunners over three years before moving to Sydney for work before last season.

Although Bures still lives and works in Sydney, a change in jobs has meant he is unable to train as often.

Former Socceroos coach Raul Blanco is in charge at Sydney Uni and demands a commitment to training three nights a week from his players.

Unable to meet the demand and not wanting to switch to another Sydney club, Bures made contact with South Cardiff coach Greg Asquith, a former teammate, about a possible return.

The signing is a boost for South Cardiff, who lost 5-2 to Hamilton on Sunday and have conceded a league-worst 12 goals in the first four games.

‘‘He will give us a bit of extra leadership back there, especially with Matt Grey out for a while longer, and just the news that a quality player is coming in will give the squad a boost,’’ Asquith said.

‘‘You can’t give opportunities to good teams and some of the goals we’ve conceded have been just too soft.

‘‘The two own goals on the weekend can be put down as unlucky but we just made too many silly mistakes coming out of defence.

‘‘Phil gives us some added experience there and he’s a good talker so the communication should also improve.’’

Bures said: ‘‘I want to play well and contribute to the team because I think Greg is an outstanding coach and having known him for a while, I’d love to have the opportunity to play under him.’’

Bures believes he returns a better player from his time in Sydney.

‘‘Playing under Raul, he’s pretty much coached everyone in Australia who’s made a name for themselves, so just being able to feed off him, it’s been a great experience,’’ he said.

‘‘In terms of the skill, the leagues are similar.

‘‘It’s just faster and more physical down here.

‘‘We play on artificial pitches every week, so the quality is always there.

‘‘This week I’m playing my last game and [former Socceroo] Michael Beauchamp is playing for Bankstown City, so it’s a decent calibre of player as well.’’

South Cardiff play Charlestown away on Wednesday, May 20, but Bures will not be available until the following Sunday, after the round-six window for roster changes.

That is a huge signing for the Gunners. He was one of the best defenders in the comp when he left and from all reports has been super down in Sydney.

MFKS
12-05-2015, 10:50 PM
rofl almost had a flutter on the buds at 5 bucks, would be fuming if i did

Should have won

Magic dominated possession but it was only in the last 30mins they actually done anything.

Dino Faj gave them hope with a missile into the top corner from 30 yards after a corner clearance found him outside the box and in space.

Scott Petit levelled it up with a free header from point blank range when a cross came in from the left.

After that Buds started playing again. They had pretty much stopped in the second half

Matt Paul missed about 3 chances all golden the worst one was a tap in 6 yards out but he had to use his right foot and ****ed it

Magic got the biscuits when a run down the left to the by-line and a cut back was smashed home by Berlin

As for Magic gee they have some issues. Defensively piss weak at times. Got cut to ribbons far too easily. Could have a lot to do that with their attacking firepower on the park none are getting stuck in enough defensively

At 2-2 one of the defenders coughed up the ball 35 yards out and I counted 5 blokes standing still at half way watching the action.

Kale Faj Petit Haynes Berlin all standing around watching too much in defence.

Add in when Cascaroli and Finlayson were on they have far too much firepower and not enough workers in middle of the park.

First goal came after a goal mouth scramble and the ball going 95 yards quickly as no midfield to slow up an attack

Add in to the equation there attack has a lack of structure and penetration when you consider what talent they have.

They may be winning games at the moment but gee they look beatable

As for Buds pretty unlucky tonight to get stiffed.
Bates looks a great player at this level even if he is ancient
The Scot is not a bad player either. Interesting to note his passing range starts at 30m and goes upwards though. He never looks to play short at all. Rather interesting to see when football in this country these days is all about build up from the back shit

MFKS
12-05-2015, 10:57 PM
From the Herald Website.

Phil Bures keen to fire on Gunners return
By CRAIG KERRY
May 12, 2015, 9 p.m
SOUTH Cardiff will regain a tower of strength in defence for the final two-thirds of their NNSW NPL campaign after securing Phil Bures.

The 24-year-old centre back is set to return to Ulinga Oval on Sunday, May 24, against Edgeworth after finishing up with NSW NPL side Sydney Uni this weekend.

Bures was a key player for the Gunners over three years before moving to Sydney for work before last season.

Although Bures still lives and works in Sydney, a change in jobs has meant he is unable to train as often.

Former Socceroos coach Raul Blanco is in charge at Sydney Uni and demands a commitment to training three nights a week from his players.

Unable to meet the demand and not wanting to switch to another Sydney club, Bures made contact with South Cardiff coach Greg Asquith, a former teammate, about a possible return.

The signing is a boost for South Cardiff, who lost 5-2 to Hamilton on Sunday and have conceded a league-worst 12 goals in the first four games.

‘‘He will give us a bit of extra leadership back there, especially with Matt Grey out for a while longer, and just the news that a quality player is coming in will give the squad a boost,’’ Asquith said.

‘‘You can’t give opportunities to good teams and some of the goals we’ve conceded have been just too soft.

‘‘The two own goals on the weekend can be put down as unlucky but we just made too many silly mistakes coming out of defence.

‘‘Phil gives us some added experience there and he’s a good talker so the communication should also improve.’’

Bures said: ‘‘I want to play well and contribute to the team because I think Greg is an outstanding coach and having known him for a while, I’d love to have the opportunity to play under him.’’

Bures believes he returns a better player from his time in Sydney.

‘‘Playing under Raul, he’s pretty much coached everyone in Australia who’s made a name for themselves, so just being able to feed off him, it’s been a great experience,’’ he said.

‘‘In terms of the skill, the leagues are similar.

‘‘It’s just faster and more physical down here.

‘‘We play on artificial pitches every week, so the quality is always there.

‘‘This week I’m playing my last game and [former Socceroo] Michael Beauchamp is playing for Bankstown City, so it’s a decent calibre of player as well.’’

South Cardiff play Charlestown away on Wednesday, May 20, but Bures will not be available until the following Sunday, after the round-six window for roster changes.

That is a huge signing for the Gunners. He was one of the best defenders in the comp when he left and from all reports has been super down in Sydney.

More importantly has he grown any more. Bloke must be 12ft tall these days

Long throws at Southy back with a vengeance

The Magician
13-05-2015, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=MFKS;121043]Should have won

BUT DIDN'T ...

Buds first goal... both players off side... second goal Magic keeper made a meal of the corner not aggressive enough credit to Buds... Only one team turned up to play football... Buds only threatened off Magic errors losing ball in build up play... Buds game plan... Kenneth to Bates (ball speed may reach 250km/h)

Very entertaining game, Carter had to make and did make many top shelf saves throughout the game... anyone watching would have though Magic win was inevitable... Rosebuds would be gutted to be 2-0 up and not hold on... fergie time... well Carts probably got his karma in the end for his time-wasting.

early_to_the_match
13-05-2015, 12:54 AM
Yeah MFKS, what you watching? First Buds goal very poor by linesman to miss the offside. I was right in line - very obvious. Overall Magic stronger side but Buds keeper ran out of puff early trying to go the long way to retrieve balls. Probably wished he got a second yellow so he could pop over to Hungry Jacks.

cobra23
13-05-2015, 01:46 AM
bit harsh with the hungary jacks call mate.
carter a experience keeper wasting time is just smart in my eyes , when you have a team that are weaker on paper up 2-0 ,i would do the same thiig.
i think magic we a bit lucky to get the win with not troubling the scoreboard until 25 to go, but in the end magic proved that there qualty and dpth step up when needed . to have players that come off the bench and when needed consistently change games like that are hard to come by in other teams

Ker-Plunk
13-05-2015, 10:01 AM
does the signing of bures affect southy's player points ?

ForeverRed
13-05-2015, 11:36 AM
does the signing of bures affect southy's player points ?
Yes, but keep it on the quiet please

MFKS
13-05-2015, 01:37 PM
As for first goal my viewing spot left me unaware of any offside issue so can't comment

As for my summarization Yes Magic are better side Yes Magic had ball did they deserve to win probably not

Superior firepower told in the end on another night they don't Against stronger opponent they lose also

Criticism is warranted It was not a good enough performance regardless of result They need to do better than that in future or they will pay for it

bighead
13-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Yeah MFKS, what you watching? First Buds goal very poor by linesman to miss the offside. I was right in line - very obvious. Overall Magic stronger side but Buds keeper ran out of puff early trying to go the long way to retrieve balls. Probably wished he got a second yellow so he could pop over to Hungry Jacks.

Show some respect. He's till a top 2 keeper in this league and those who think he isn't are kidding themselves.

goaliepersempre
13-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Show some respect. He's till a top 2 keeper in this league and those who think he isn't are kidding themselves.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MFKS
13-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Just walked into Cooks Square

It is ****ing freezing

Why an I here????

early_to_the_match
13-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Doesn't earn much respect by trying to stop the game all the time.

Newsfeed
13-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Just walked into Cooks Square

It is ****ing freezing

Why an I here????

To give us your honest match review and the score updates

winner
13-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Just walked into Cooks

It is ****ing freezing

Why an I here????
Any score

winner
13-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Just walked into Cooks

It is ****ing freezing

Why an I here????

Any score

MFKS
13-05-2015, 09:02 PM
0-0 HT

Jets all the ball little to show Maitland best chances on the counter

Hasn't been a great game

Maitland committed and resolute getting in and making it hard for Jets who are too slow moving the ball

More importantly it is still ****ing cold and getting colder

MFKS
13-05-2015, 09:06 PM
1-0 Jets just a minute into 2nd half

Shot from edge of box

MFKS
13-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Now 2-0

Tap in from 6 yards
If I stayed off the ****ing phone I would know who was scoring

MFKS
13-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Second half a cracker
2-1 Jets cutting Maitland to ribbons
CD thinks he is Messi and coughs up the ball allowing Benny Martin to run 50m unopposed and slot home

Jets then go up the other end and it is 3-1

Game is now end to end

MFKS
13-05-2015, 09:27 PM
3-2 Maitland with a penalty

MFKS
13-05-2015, 09:43 PM
4-2 Jets now

Ben Kelly with 2 great saves couldn't keep the 3rd out

ForeverRed
13-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Any score Jaffas v Azzurri

MFKS
13-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Ft 4-2

Jets deserved to win more decusevely

Newsfeed
13-05-2015, 09:53 PM

3-1 jaffas

The General
13-05-2015, 09:56 PM

Jaffas 3 (Smart, Palozzi, McNaughton)
Charlestown 1 (Bird)

ForeverRed
13-05-2015, 10:00 PM
3-1 jaffas
Cheers

ForeverRed
13-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Jaffas 3 (Smart, Palozzi, McNaughton)
Charlestown 1 (Bird)

Cheers

prawnhead
13-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Cheers

The game never really reached any great heights. Jaffas were fairly comfortable though. Charlestown didn't offer much at all.

Your boys should do alright against CCB next Wed FR I reckon.

The Postman
13-05-2015, 11:11 PM

But where does he stand for Free Kicks???

Tonester
13-05-2015, 11:56 PM
The game never really reached any great heights. Jaffas were fairly comfortable though. Charlestown didn't offer much at all.

Your boys should do alright against CCB next Wed FR I reckon.It's looking fairly obvious that Charlestown will struggle as far as scoring goes.With Goody gone & Scott Smith aggravating a hamstring strain all that is left is Daniel Bird for opportunities.The cupboard is bare in the lower grades so either Prycey needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat or Tully needs to put his hand in his pocket.I don't think at this stage they will be worried re relegation but the situation could change very quickly.Big games vs Weston & Southy next 7 days for sure.Don't think they were that bad tonight,keeper made a howler for the second goal & the third was scored with two minutes to go.

Sacre Bleu
14-05-2015, 08:00 AM
If I wanted to watch 60 minutes of football I would turn up half an hour late_to_the_game.

Tonester
14-05-2015, 09:23 AM

My issue with the keeper in question is his foul mouth which at times reaches a very loud level.Also his constant baiting of referees is a joke,he's worse than any other keeper by far.

MFKS
14-05-2015, 10:04 AM
My issue with the keeper in question is his foul mouth which at times reaches a very loud level.Also his constant baiting of referees is a joke,he's worse than any other keeper by far.

There are plenty of the players through the NBN who are also effected by this issue. Whilst the refs allow it then they have no one to blame bar themselves.

You see it regularly where teams just constantly swear moan and curse over any decision not going their way. Games get more and more out of hand.
Simple solution is to start booking the players for dissent straight away.

Refs constantly fail to do so and pay the price losing control of games and having their workload increase 10 fold

prawnhead
14-05-2015, 10:21 AM
It's looking fairly obvious that Charlestown will struggle as far as scoring goes.With Goody gone & Scott Smith aggravating a hamstring strain all that is left is Daniel Bird for opportunities.The cupboard is bare in the lower grades so either Prycey needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat or Tully needs to put his hand in his pocket.I don't think at this stage they will be worried re relegation but the situation could change very quickly.Big games vs Weston & Southy next 7 days for sure.Don't think they were that bad tonight,keeper made a howler for the second goal & the third was scored with two minutes to go.

Not sure if you've read Prycey's comment in the paper today Tonester but he doesn't seem to rate his squad too much.

‘The reality for us at the moment, with what we have, is we just need to be better than the other teams down the bottom,’’ Pryce said.

If I was a player reading that not sure what I'd think. Are there a lot of injuries?

They certainly don't seem as though they will finish in the top 4 as you predicted.

Goodchild was always going to be a big loss but maybe they are missing players like Goldman, Harper, Hearfield and Maguire more than you thought they would.

Hopefully they can turn it around though.

The Magician
14-05-2015, 10:29 AM
Not sure if you've read Prycey's comment in the paper today Tonester but he doesn't seem to rate his squad too much.

‘The reality for us at the moment, with what we have, is we just need to be better than the other teams down the bottom,’’ Pryce said.

If I was a player reading that not sure what I'd think. Are there a lot of injuries?

They certainly don't seem as though they will finish in the top 4 as you predicted.

Goodchild was always going to be a big loss but maybe they are missing players like Goldman, Harper, Hearfield and Maguire more than you thought they would.

Rumour is Shane Tull enrolled himself in a Spin Class at the Forum with the transfer window opening next week who knows what could happen. A few former Jets floating around the place, heard Magic training has been brimming with them.

winner
14-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Rumour is Shane Tull enrolled himself in a Spin Class at the Forum with the transfer window opening next week who knows what could happen. A few former Jets floating around the place, heard Magic training has been brimming with them.

I would love to see magic sign james virgili. Would they play him on the right instead of pettit

winner
14-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Not sure if you've read Prycey's comment in the paper today Tonester but he doesn't seem to
rate his squad too much.

Probably regretting the decision to sit goodchild on the bench all pre season leading to him leaving the club. No disrespect to bird because he is a quality young player but why would you even consider breaking up what was arguably the best strike force in the competition. Everyone knows azzurri have struggled defensively for years. But smith and goodchild together up front always scored enough goals to have azzurri fighting for a semi spot every year. Unfortunately pryce is correct and they will be fighting in the bottom 4 with Southy Maitland and Adamstown

Bremsstrahlung
14-05-2015, 12:13 PM
I would love to see magic sign james virgili. Would they play him on the right instead of pettit

If anyone is gonna sign Virgili, I imagine it would be Magic. You know, with his dad being the coach.
However Player points may have something to say about this.

Tonester
14-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Money will be an issue at CCB now as their major sponsors this year,Burwood Bowling Club has ceased trading as of this week.Could be concerning to the players.

Tonester
14-05-2015, 01:22 PM

Hopefully they can turn it around though.If possible I would like to review my prediction in a couple of weeks although I will admit unless we win our next 2 games the minor premiership is out of reach!Seriously though I think they're good enough to stay up but they are crying out for a striker.

The Magician
14-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Money will be an issue at CCB now as their major sponsors this year,Burwood Bowling Club has ceased trading as of this week.Could be concerning to the players.

WOW... that is a concerning development. What happened to Club Azzuri? Maybe the NPL Yth players can sell a sausage sizzle at Bunnings. Always dangerous when you rely too much of your income on one or two MAJOR sponsors... share the love...

Bremsstrahlung
14-05-2015, 01:59 PM
they are crying out for a striker.

Speaking of crying, I saw J Byrnes warming the bench for Olympic. Perhaps he'd like to continue where he left off the other season. If i recall correctly, he wasn't getting a game, and left to rejoin Southy. He'd probably solve the striker issue too. Could also lure one of Magic's ageing strikers, i'm sure Magic are after a few more points back, and would be forking out some $$$ for the calibre of benchwarmers they have atm.

prawnhead
14-05-2015, 02:13 PM
If possible I would like to review my prediction in a couple of weeks although I will admit unless we win our next 2 games the minor premiership is out of reach!Seriously though I think they're good enough to stay up but they are crying out for a striker.

With Smith injured you guys might have to give a young untested striker a go up front. You never know they might aim up.

Looks like defensively might be more of a problem though - 12 goals concede in 4 games.

winner
14-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Speaking of crying, I saw J Byrnes warming the
bench for Olympic. Perhaps he'd like to continue where he left off the other season. If i recall correctly, he wasn't getting a game, and left to rejoin Southy. He'd probably solve the striker issue too. Could also lure one of Magic's ageing strikers, i'm sure Magic are after a few more points back, and would be forking out some $$$ for the calibre of benchwarmers they have atm.
Heard Byrnes also played 22s against Adamstown last week. Perhaps struggling at a club where there is competition for spots

prawnhead
14-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Heard Byrnes also played 22s against Adamstown last week. Perhaps struggling at a club where there is competition for spots

I wonder if Southy would take him back again for a second time

MFKS
15-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Just a reminder on Sunday with the HAL GF on Olympic Azzurri Edgy KO at 1:30 Magic at 2:00 so may wish to fact that in to your plans people and not rock up at HT

cobra23
15-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Speaking of crying, I saw J Byrnes warming the bench for Olympic. Perhaps he'd like to continue where he left off the other season. If i recall correctly, he wasn't getting a game, and left to rejoin Southy. He'd probably solve the striker issue too. Could also lure one of Magic's ageing strikers, i'm sure Magic are after a few more points back, and would be forking out some $$$ for the calibre of benchwarmers they have atm.

better get in quick rumours getting around that adamstown and jaffas are hunting hard for a couple of magics attackers .

hamburgler
16-05-2015, 12:55 AM
better get in quick rumours getting around that adamstown and jaffas are hunting hard for a couple of magics attackers .

A recently departed jets player sighted at Magic training apparently

winner
16-05-2015, 01:14 AM
Is there no point system in place anymore. How could these clubs fit more players under the cap.

The Postman
16-05-2015, 01:18 AM

The one with close personal and family ties to the club?

hamburgler
16-05-2015, 09:39 AM
The one with close personal and family ties to the club?

No, another not from this region

MFKS
16-05-2015, 12:10 PM
No, another not from this region

So I take it we are talking about someone released??

Carravella I would assume is heading back to QLD
Welsh and Solari to Sth Australia to join a State League side
So if it was any of them they would most likely be only training to keep fit and in tune etc rather than looking to play for Magic

Sam Gallagher then would be my pick but that makes little sense when he has Connexions to Jaffas and would be better served going there as it would be unlikely his Connexions would like to see a club they will compete SERIOUSLY with for the TITLE be strengthened by Gallagher playing for them.

Premy
16-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Going to keep everyone guessing?
I call bullshit otherwise you would have said who it was.

hamburgler
16-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Going to keep everyone guessing?
I call bullshit otherwise you would have said who it was.

No bullshit, caravella

Old Boy
16-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Anybody at the Maitland v Adsmstown game?

ForeverRed
16-05-2015, 04:57 PM
2 nil Adamstown ht, get betscores app, has all NPL matches live

Sideline
16-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Buds 3-1 goal for scotsman from bates free kick at the end to seal it

MFKS
16-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Buds 3-1 goal for bates at the end to seal it

Maitland bandwagon now over I take it??

Where are all the people saying they would be a rip roaring success based on them thumping shit teams in the New FM now and that they have a huge area etc and all the other Bullshit they were coming out with???

Same shit side they always are when in the top flight if you ask me

Tonester
16-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Maitland bandwagon now over I take it??

Where are all the people saying they would be a rip roaring success based on them thumping shit teams in the New FM now and that they have a huge area etc and all the other Bullshit they were coming out with???

Same shit side they always are when in the top flight if you ask me
I put my hand up to admit I'm possibly wrong in predicting Charlestown making semis,wonder if we'll hear if any of the Maitland bandwagon will put their hand up too

Imyourhero
16-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Should people really have to come "put their hand up" on an internet forum for putting confidence behind, and supporting, a newly promoted team?

winner
16-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Should people really have to come "put their hand up" on an internet forum for putting confidence behind, and supporting, a newly promoted team?

Only if you pushed a team's bandwagon as much as tonester did .

Tonester
16-05-2015, 06:38 PM

Take a chill pill sport,it's all fun.

Imyourhero
16-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Haha its funny when people resort to "it's just a joke" etc

Zico
16-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Put your finger nails away ladies. Magic are up in the top again!!! :whistling:

Sacchi
16-05-2015, 07:41 PM
I'll preface this by saying I haven't seen Maitland play this season.

A side with the likes of Wood, Martin, Hill, Comerford, Matt Thompson, Maguire and McKellar in it should have done better than a point from five matches.

Not a slight at all at the coach - he'll no doubt keep getting better but in reality he's probably been forced to step into the top job, and a difficult one at that, a couple of seasons too early. And by the sounds of it it was a bit shambolic under CT.

All of those aforementioned names have been good players in good teams at this level before, bar Thompson with 221 games in the A-League of course.

Again, haven't seen these guys play so it is probably unfair to pass judgement. But if they are underperforming maybe it's time a few of them stepped up and showed some leadership and experience in a side that clearly needs it.

RedMexican
16-05-2015, 07:50 PM
i was and am still on the maitland bandwagon. i wont be jumping off it.

Newsfeed
16-05-2015, 08:02 PM
I'll preface this by saying I haven't seen Maitland play this season.

A side with the likes of Wood, Martin, Hill, Comerford, Matt Thompson, Maguire and McKellar in it should have done better than a point from five matches.

Not a slight at all at the coach - he'll no doubt keep getting better but in reality he's probably been forced to step into the top job, and a difficult one at that, a couple of seasons too early. And by the sounds of it it was a bit shambolic under CT.

All of those aforementioned names have been good players in good teams at this level before, bar Thompson with 221 games in the A-League of course.

Again, haven't seen these guys play so it is probably unfair to pass judgement. But if they are underperforming maybe it's time a few of them stepped up and showed some leadership and experience in a side that clearly needs it.

Club's fault. They were fully aware of the work scenario before the appointment and a few players get the shits over the setup a few rounds in and no wins. Big hole to dig out of for the last two thirds of season or they will be back in 2nd division as quick as they got up to 1st division. As member said, its all well and good to have a bandwagon in newfm, the NPL is a different story.

Ker-Plunk
16-05-2015, 08:39 PM
I'm with you Red mex ! still two thirds to go , sure there will be twists down the stretch . don't have to win the comp , just finish above last .

Tonester
16-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Only if you pushed a team's bandwagon as much as tonester did .

Every team needs a band leader so am more than willing to cop the flak(got a jacket on)!

prawnhead
17-05-2015, 12:56 AM
i was and am still on the maitland bandwagon. i wont be jumping off it.

Missed the first half but caught the second of Buds v Pies today. Pies played some decent stuff. They won't finish in the top half but definitely won't finish last in my opinion.

winner
17-05-2015, 01:30 AM
Missed the first half but caught the second of Buds v
Pies today. Pies played some decent stuff. They won't finish in the top half but definitely won't finish last in my opinion.
Who do you see finishing last prawnhead?For mine it is a 3 way battle between Maitland Southy and Azzurri.

OCD
17-05-2015, 08:51 AM
I'm with you Red mex ! still two thirds to go , sure there will be twists down the stretch . don't have to win the comp , just finish above last .

I agree ,Don't ride Maitland off , it's a well run club who has shown loalty to its players which is admirable.
I have no doubts the boys will come good ,

Bremsstrahlung
17-05-2015, 09:15 AM
I agree ,Don't ride Maitland off , it's a well run club who has shown loalty to its players which is admirable.
I have no doubts the boys will come good ,

Could you please specify what the OCD refers to in your username? I thought it was Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but your post begs to differ.

Sideline
17-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Progressive scores

Edgy 1 lambton 1 57min edgy player sent 32min
CCB 0 weston 1 54 min
Olympic 1 jets 1 58min
magic 0 sth cardiff 1 43min

ForeverRed
17-05-2015, 03:52 PM
In all honesty, gunners getting smashed by the ref, but we will soldier on

Sideline
17-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Updates:

Fulltime Edgeworth - 2 Lambton - 1
Fulltime CCB -1 Weston - 3
Fulltime Olympic -2 Jets -1
Fulltime Magic -4 Sth Cardfiff -1 Bradbery with 4 second half goals

Tonester
17-05-2015, 04:42 PM
Who do you see finishing last prawnhead?For mine it is a 3 way battle between Maitland Southy and Azzurri.

I'd throw Adamstown into the mix also,played 'em twice,not overly impressed.

Lofty
17-05-2015, 04:48 PM
In all honesty, gunners getting smashed by Magic all over the park, all day.
Firsts 4-1
22s 8-1
19s 6-0

ForeverRed
17-05-2015, 06:24 PM
You obviously no nothing about the game, fill your side with quick blokes and pump it, yeah it got results but fck me, boring shit,

Newsfeed
17-05-2015, 06:25 PM
You obviously no nothing about the game, fill your side with quick blokes and pump it, yeah it got results but fck me, boring shit,

Match review FR?

outsider
17-05-2015, 06:38 PM

don't you have any quick blokes and a GK who can kick long then?

magician
17-05-2015, 07:09 PM

It's getting results so why should it matter. 2 floggings in 2 weeks. Things arnt looking good at the chicken coop

ForeverRed
17-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Can you clean your toilets please, disgraceful

Ker-Plunk
17-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Ha , we've all watched southy play , "fck me boring shit " .

prawnhead
17-05-2015, 07:37 PM

Mate at times you do your club no favours at all.

prawnhead
17-05-2015, 07:39 PM

Mate I'm tipping a three way battle between Southy, Azzurri and Adamstown. Big game on Wednesday night at Lisle Carr.

MFKS
17-05-2015, 07:51 PM

Just a bit of subjective criticism FR on Southy
I have only seen them once but from what I seen much like GVEs Jets too much tikkka takka between the bac4 and 2CMs and play would break down eventually

No of fence but the calibre of players at Souhty much like Jets not good enough to do it

You may bemoan the long ball but from what I seen of Southy they need to deploy it a bit more to be effective

Ker-Plunk
17-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Can charlstown please make sure their toilets are clean . just in case our senior member does a frank lowy into the trough !

Tonester
17-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Big game Wednesday FR,nail biting material one thinks!

prawnhead
17-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Big game Wednesday FR,nail biting material one thinks!

How's young Birdy fairing so far Tonester?

Tonester
17-05-2015, 09:57 PM
How's young Birdy fairing so far Tonester?

In a bit of a pickle ATM due to Goody leaving n Smithy injured & unavailable Wednesday.He's been playing as a striker which is not his go although he is leading scorer with Smithy haha.He will always give 100% but things need to improve.

winner
17-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Going on previous seasons I'd back them to ch
allenge for the semis.Let's see how Goody goes at Olympic before we jump to any hasty conclusions.I Still reckon Azzuri will finish higher than Olympic.
How is this statement looking so far tonester

Blueboy
18-05-2015, 01:46 AM
Anyone got a match report for the Jets vs Olympic?

Tonester
18-05-2015, 05:56 AM
How is this statement looking so far tonester

Pretty good I reckon!

winner
18-05-2015, 07:19 AM
Newcastle herald

winner
18-05-2015, 08:54 AM
Some big midweek fixtures on Wednesday night at both ends of the table. All bottom 3 clubs in action with edgy taking on maitland and a vital clash between southy and azzurri. The third clash is massive with Olympic playing Jaffas. A win for Olympic would see them join magic on 14 points but more importantly a loss for Jaffas would see them stuck on 7 points from 6 matches and a long way behind the leaders. Surely with the money spent on the squad tanch will be under pressure if they lose on Wednesday night

MFKS
18-05-2015, 09:07 AM

Couldn't be arsed doing one

Goodchild scored after a few mins
Kantarovski equalised after a few mins into second half
Swann was it?? scored the winner with about 15 to go.

Pretty even game and a good battle. Either side could have won but Olympic got the biscuits.

Jets midfielder cost his team the game by ****ing up intentionally fouling a bloke on halfway. Was trying to get him on his arse and never succeeded Olympic raced away and scored from it and old mate got booked anyway.
Hopefully he learns not to do shit in half measures in future.

19s was called off to protect pitch. **** knows why. It held up great after 2 games and there was no logical reason

Jets won the 22's 3-2 in a good game also

winner
18-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Couldn't be arsed doing one

Goodchild scored after a few mins
Kantarovski equalised after a few mins into second half
Swann was it?? scored the winner with about 15 to go.

Pretty even game and a good battle. Either side could have won but Olympic got the biscuits.

Jets midfielder cost his team the game by ****ing up intentionally fouling a bloke on halfway. Was trying to get him on his arse and never succeeded Olympic raced away and scored from it and old mate got booked anyway.
Hopefully he learns not to do shit in half measures in future.

19s was called off to protect pitch. **** knows why. It held up great after 2 games and there was no logical reason

Jets won the 22's 3-2 in a good game also

Holy shit,is that a match report with out you bagging either side out or the quality of the match mfks. You must be getting soft in your old age

The Magician
18-05-2015, 10:38 AM

cobra23
18-05-2015, 11:12 AM

Well if southy supporters stopped useing it , it would be clean..

The SHIT playing performance southy displayed in all three grades went straight to what was a clean toilet.

I think the total goals for the day were MAGIC 19 - SOUTHY 2

monz6
18-05-2015, 11:30 AM

thanks for the MEMEories

Fairgo
18-05-2015, 11:38 AM

Probably one of the better games I have seen so far this season, fast, physical and even, a draw probably would have been a fair result but hats off to Olympic. As Bolch said in today's paper nobody outstanding but were consistent across the park. Jets number 4 Reece Papas was a class above and makes you wonder why he has not been given opportunity with the senior squad. Probably another local they are going to use and f*** up.

MFKS
18-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Probably one of the better games I have seen so far this season, fast, physical and even, a draw probably would have been a fair result but hats off to Olympic. As Bolch said in today's paper nobody outstanding but were consistent across the park. Jets number 4 Reece Papas was a class above and makes you wonder why he has not been given opportunity with the senior squad. Probably another local they are going to use and f*** up.

Papas should be played in CM as that is his position. He is another one they have played at RB CD etc in their quest to **** players up by playing them out of position.

He should be much closer to making the HAL side than he currently is.
For that the coaching department of the Jets are to blame

terryk
18-05-2015, 04:46 PM

South Cardiff off season project. As long as the toilets are clean and comfortable...

MFKS
18-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Rightio you blokes. FFS lay off FR.

The bloke puts in for his club and doesn't deserve the level of abuse he is copping at present.

So his side got flogged by arguably the numero unto club in town. Big deal. They will be back.

Bit of banter is one thing but you blokes are bringing toilet humour into it now.

Grow up and get off the blokes back

prawnhead
18-05-2015, 09:01 PM

The bloke puts in for his club and doesn't deserve the level of abuse he is copping at present.

So his side got flogged by arguably the numero unto club in town. Big deal. They will be back.

Bit of banter is one thing but you blokes are bringing toilet humour into it now.

Nobody has ever questioned the passion he has for Southy.

In the scheme of things, the fact that Magic touched Southy up is not a real big deal either.

But FR needs to think a bit more before he posts some of the stuff he posts.

As I alluded to a few posts back, the worrying thing for Southy, is that he does them no favours with some of his posts.

By the way I like FR and admire the Southy club. Good luck to them on their big game Wednesday night.

MFKS
18-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Nobody has ever questioned the passion he has for Southy.

In the scheme of things, the fact that Magic touched Southy up is not a real big deal either.

But FR needs to think a bit more before he posts some of the stuff he posts.

As I alluded to a few posts back, the worrying thing for Southy, is that he does them no favours with some of his posts.

By the way I like FR and admire the Southy club. Good luck to them on their big game Wednesday night.

It is not about people having a dig at Southy. It is the pack mentality that is clearly evident when dealing with FR.

Far too many playing the man and not the ball.

The bloke deserves nothing but respect for his efforts at Southy and his passion for his club.

Get off his back

mervan
18-05-2015, 10:28 PM
It is not about people having a dig at Southy. It is the pack mentality that is clearly evident when dealing with FR.

Far too many playing the man and not the ball.

The bloke deserves nothing but respect for his efforts at Southy and his passion for his club.

Get off his back

The Lord Has Spoken

The Magician
18-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Can anyone else hear the violins playing?

GazFish35
18-05-2015, 11:13 PM
Let's all just leave anything to do with Southy alone for a while.
If you've not heard the news they've got more important things to focus on than football at this time.

My thoughts are with the club, particularly their AA3 team, and all attached.

mervan
18-05-2015, 11:53 PM
Let's all just leave anything to do with Southy alone for a while.
If you've not heard the news they've got more important things to focus on than football at this time.

My thoughts are with the club, particularly their AA3 team, and all attached.

Get them to play all three grades at weekend and clean the toilets, bet they won't concede 19 goals, thoughts rob and member

hawk
19-05-2015, 12:40 AM
Can charlstown please make sure their toilets are clean . just in case our senior member does a frank lowy into the trough !
:rof:

yeah, ez up. Where else can you get a coffee in a crockery cup with the promise of returning it. beautiful

GazFish35
19-05-2015, 01:02 AM
Get them to play all three grades at weekend and clean the toilets, bet they won't concede 19 goals, thoughts rob and member

I'll repeat what I said.

Southy are dealing with things far more important than football at this very moment, so leave the wise cracks out for week or so.

Lofty
19-05-2015, 08:42 AM

:brrr: :wanker:

terryk
19-05-2015, 09:03 AM

In all fairness FR should have refrained from making remarks about the toilets at Magic and focussed on the game. Oh and i dont think for one minute that the referee stole the game from Southy as stated by FR. You know sometimes you need to show some class when you take a loss, and throwing remarks that are untrue or offensive in a public forum one can expect some criticism back. I note that FR did not say a single good thing about anything or anyone, not even a mention of the efforts of any of his players, or the brilliant effort of Bradbury.

terryk
19-05-2015, 09:04 AM
I'll repeat what I said.

Southy are dealing with things far more important than football at this very moment, so leave the wise cracks out for week or so.

Can yoiu please explain because i have no idea what you are talking about?

MFKS
19-05-2015, 09:14 AM

Check out the fozs twitter feed. Will give you a bit of a hint as to what GazFish is referring to without going into specifics

MFKS
19-05-2015, 09:16 AM
What games are on midweek this week??

I believe Azzurri V Southy is on and Olympic V Jaffas
Anyone know when and if there are any more??

winner
19-05-2015, 09:17 AM
A young bloke,Sam Taylor,who played all age for southy and supported southy seniors passed away suddenly. I am sure that foreverred is deeply upset at losing someone so young from there club. We all know that FR gives as good as he gets on here and now that everyone knows the situation lets tone it down . Deepest sympathies to the Taylor family and southy foreverred

NewyTy
19-05-2015, 10:14 AM
What games are on midweek this week??

I believe Azzurri V Southy is on and Olympic V Jaffas
Anyone know when and if there are any more??

Edgeworth are playing Maitland I believe. As normal 1sts on Wednesday and lower grades on Thursday.

GO AWAY
19-05-2015, 11:25 AM
U19 Azzuri v Weston like to make special mention of the referee, was the most one sided referee performance ive seen, from the whistle he spoke to players mainly the blue team in a terrible manner, making a rod for his own back, the whole game everytime a call went against azzuri ( 90% ) the boys were understandably frustrated and couldnt control their emotions, against a good top of the table weston team. Weston going 1-0 up, azzuri worked hard after the break to get a nice goal back to make it 1-1 then game on .......... until..........

Weston got two free kicks ( somehow ) in a minute just outside the 18, with the second chance getting a deflection and going in......

Azzuri tried to counter, take quick free kicks etc , constantly held up by weston , even to the point right in front of the benches a weston player kicked the ball when azzuri about to take free kick, azzuri bloke pushes him away in a get out of the road manner, he sends the azzuri bloke off, followed by another who was also wishing to get the game restarted and asked ref can he hurry up and write names in his book, ( took an age, ) so they can start playing again ....... sent him off too.

More yellows to Azzuri after the game and it was a debacle....

Not agreeing with azzuri blys frustration, but as i said, if he spoke to them differently and gave 50/ 50 calls none of it wouldve happened....

PlaYed with blokes like Digby and Carlin reffing, and they know how to get respect off players down pat ......... rant over.

mervan
19-05-2015, 08:47 PM
U19 Azzuri v Weston like to make special mention of the referee, was the most one sided referee performance ive seen, from the whistle he spoke to players mainly the blue team in a terrible manner, making a rod for his own back, the whole game everytime a call went against azzuri ( 90% ) the boys were understandably frustrated and couldnt control their emotions, against a good top of the table weston team. Weston going 1-0 up, azzuri worked hard after the break to get a nice goal back to make it 1-1 then game on .......... until..........

Weston got two free kicks ( somehow ) in a minute just outside the 18, with the second chance getting a deflection and going in......

Azzuri tried to counter, take quick free kicks etc , constantly held up by weston , even to the point right in front of the benches a weston player kicked the ball when azzuri about to take free kick, azzuri bloke pushes him away in a get out of the road manner, he sends the azzuri bloke off, followed by another who was also wishing to get the game restarted and asked ref can he hurry up and write names in his book, ( took an age, ) so they can start playing again ....... sent him off too.

More yellows to Azzuri after the game and it was a debacle....

Not agreeing with azzuri blys frustration, but as i said, if he spoke to them differently and gave 50/ 50 calls none of it wouldve happened....

PlaYed with blokes like Digby and Carlin reffing, and they know how to get respect off players down pat ......... rant over.

Saw Azzuri 19's play jaffas mid week and from my observations Azzuri 19's have some discipline problems, word gets around

MFKS
20-05-2015, 10:04 AM
What times KO tonight at the big Azzurri V Southy el classico ??

tucker's daughter
20-05-2015, 10:45 AM
First move of the transfer window . Jamie Byrnes from Olympic to Jaffas

MFKS
20-05-2015, 11:00 AM

He was playing 22's at the Weekend and didn't look interested. Didn't have the usual fire in the belly you get from him.

Why he would go to Jaffas though beats me. It ain't gonna be any easier getting a run there

Tonester
20-05-2015, 01:08 PM
What times KO tonight at the big Azzurri V Southy el classico ??
7pm,get there early to beat the rush!

MFKS
20-05-2015, 01:16 PM
For those that can't get to el Classico tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6djLybrHCFM&feature=youtu.be

bighead
20-05-2015, 02:12 PM

I've heard otherwise

Blueboy
20-05-2015, 04:52 PM
I've heard otherwise do elaborate

EH9
20-05-2015, 04:58 PM

Who will he unseat at Jaffas? Maj? Cali? Bridges? Remington? Palozzi?

Not a wise decision in my opinion.

Blueboy
20-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Who will he unseat at Jaffas? Maj? Cali? Bridges? Remington? Palozzi?

Not a wise decision in my opinion. I think he will find that he will be a bench player there also.

Bremsstrahlung
20-05-2015, 05:54 PM
7pm,get there early to beat the rush!

22s after?

bighead
20-05-2015, 07:06 PM
do elaborate

Heard buds

Tonester
20-05-2015, 07:43 PM
For those that can't get to el Classico tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6djLybrHCFM&feature=youtu.beAre you sure it is still on Bar TV

MFKS
20-05-2015, 08:37 PM
1-0 Southy in the El Classico

Rather ironic FR that the goal came from a 50 yard punt starting the attack after the tikka takka was not getting them anywhere

MFKS
20-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Are you sure it is still on Bar TV

Definitely they are in the stand commentating

MFKS
20-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Ht Southy 1-0

Not a lot of chances

Azzurri with a header cleared off the line
Southy with the lions share of possession and dominance

MFKS
20-05-2015, 09:07 PM
50 mins in Southy 2Azzurri 0

Deflected shot leaves keeper no hope

MFKS
20-05-2015, 09:12 PM
55mins in Southy 3-0 Goal direct from corner
Defender may have got final touch but irrelevant

Looks like Azzurri game is in the toilet tonight

Southy Southy Southy

MFKS
20-05-2015, 09:19 PM
3-1 Azurri with a goal

Newsfeed
20-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Edgy 2 Maitland 0 almost HT
Alex Read on the bench and no sight of Matt Thompson.

MFKS
20-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Ft 3-1

Azzurris season now in the toilet

Enjoy FR

Sideline
20-05-2015, 09:57 PM
Olympic - 1 Jaffas - 1

Bremsstrahlung
20-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Southy victorious!
Good win for them!
Were there any Azzurri fans there at all? Didn't hear any.

Southy played some good stuff in patches, final ball letting them down a lot. Good to see them with some determination.
Good win in tough times for the Gunners.

Will be a very emotional day on Sunday.

Sideline
20-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Maitland in all sorts now down 4-0

MFKS
20-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Maitland in all sorts now down 4-0

Maitland bandwagon now has 4 wheels down to badly scratched steel rims

mervan
20-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Olympic - 1 Jaffas - 1

Olympic came over the top of the jaffas, jaffas lucky to get a point.

Players spent 90 mins screaming at the ref

Sideline
20-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Fulltime Edgy 4 - Maitland 1

Blueboy
20-05-2015, 10:34 PM
The ref was diabolical In the Olympic vs Jaffas game. How many bad games can one ref have? 1st half was pretty even with Jaffas going in at 1-0. Second half Olympic dominated and would be disappointed not to have taken all three points .

Tonester
21-05-2015, 04:14 AM
Maitland bandwagon now has 4 wheels down to badly scratched steel rims
Rather important game for both Maitland & Azzuri on Sunday for sure.Hope Smith is back &Birdy is fit to play,if not could be breakthrough game for the Maggies.Charlestown played without passion or conviction last night & are looking terrible.Gotta feel for Prycey,coaching this lot would be like sucking on a bag of lemons!

Newsfeed
21-05-2015, 08:07 AM
Rather important game for both Maitland & Azzuri on Sunday for sure.Hope Smith is back &Birdy is fit to play,if not could be breakthrough game for the Maggies.Charlestown played without passion or conviction last night & are looking terrible.Gotta feel for Prycey,coaching this lot would be like sucking on a bag of lemons!

I believe the pressure is more on Maitland Tonestar in this one. Bigger name players, home game and a loss will see them on 1 point from 21. Surely heads with roll up there if the home team do not get the three points.

MFKS
21-05-2015, 08:21 AM
I believe the pressure is more on Maitland Tonestar in this one. Bigger name players, home game and a loss will see them on 1 point from 21. Surely heads with roll up there if the home team do not get the three points.

Pressure is on both teams.

Thing everyone forgets with Southy when writing them off is they will rock up somewhere on game day and roll up their sleeves and get a result or two no one saw coming as they battle hard. Couple this with their share of points out of the lesser teams and they should be doing enough to stay safe

After watching last nights effort I am thinking it is Azzurri and Maitland for a place in the New FM next season with Southy hanging around the dog fight but doing enough to steer clear.

Azzurri offered **** all really until they were 3-0 down.

Maitland from what I seen of them are the fave to go down.
Too much loyalty to New FM standard players

winner
21-05-2015, 09:10 AM
The match up of the year do far tomorrow night. Magic against Jets Youth should be a cracking game

MFKS
21-05-2015, 09:14 AM
The match up of the year do far tomorrow night. Magic against Jets Youth should be a cracking game

Match up of the year??

Don't know about that. Jets Yoof have not been setting the world on fire so far dropping games to good sides like Jaffas and Olympic but running through the weaker sides easily. Magic going well though even if they haven't really hit their potential yet.

Your right though should be a good contest though

The General
21-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Pressure is on both teams.

Thing everyone forgets with Southy when writing them off is they will rock up somewhere on game day and roll up their sleeves and get a result or two no one saw coming as they battle hard. Couple this with their share of points out of the lesser teams and they should be doing enough to stay safe

After watching last nights effort I am thinking it is Azzurri and Maitland for a place in the New FM next season with Southy hanging around the dog fight but doing enough to steer clear.

Azzurri offered **** all really until they were 3-0 down.

Maitland from what I seen of them are the fave to go down.
Too much loyalty to New FM standard players

Agree totally. I watched the replay this morning of the Charlestown and Southy game. Charlestown are going to be battling. I know they were missing Scott Smith - but their performance was quite poor in a game which they should have been up for. To be fair, I have watched a couple of Southy games this year and they were not as good as they've been in other games but still comfortable winners IMO. Phil Bures is a massive signing for them so I expect them to probably pinch points of few of the higher ranked sides as well and may finish higher up than expected. Maitland are certainly in a pickle. Another poor result - but this time matched with the performance. They've been unlucky in games but gee they were bad last night. They were missing Matt Thompson, but really offered very little. Adamstown have also been disappointing for the amount of players they have brought in- If it wasn't for Guy Bates, they'd be a lot worse off.

monz6
21-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Bit of movement and a few signings this week

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3093329/taylor-goal-lifts-eagles-to-win-over-maitland/?cs=306

mother theresa
21-05-2015, 01:11 PM
Bit of movement and a few signings this week

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3093329/taylor-goal-lifts-eagles-to-win-over-maitland/?cs=306

Is there still a player point system in place?
How the F@#% can Jaffas, Buds continue to add to there underperforming squads?
or is it unlimited points for some

EH9
21-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Agree totally. I watched the replay this morning of the Charlestown and Southy game. Charlestown are going to be battling. I know they were missing Scott Smith - but their performance was quite poor in a game which they should have been up for. To be fair, I have watched a couple of Southy games this year and they were not as good as they've been in other games but still comfortable winners IMO. Phil Bures is a massive signing for them so I expect them to probably pinch points of few of the higher ranked sides as well and may finish higher up than expected. Maitland are certainly in a pickle. Another poor result - but this time matched with the performance. They've been unlucky in games but gee they were bad last night. They were missing Matt Thompson, but really offered very little. Adamstown have also been disappointing for the amount of players they have brought in- If it wasn't for Guy Bates, they'd be a lot worse off.

Heard a whisper today that Bates will be heading back to the UK in a few weeks.

Onehunglow
21-05-2015, 10:44 PM
Heard a whisper today that Bates will be heading back to the UK in a few weeks.
Heard the same tonight, a team in Northern Island apparently.

winner
21-05-2015, 11:05 PM
Heard the same tonight, a team in Northern Island apparently.
Northern Ireland perhaps

Thomas477
21-05-2015, 11:44 PM
NO! Christmas Island

Or the kiwi northern island?

The Magician
21-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Gilligans Island? or Kooragang Island... make your minds up people!!!

Onehunglow
22-05-2015, 12:17 AM
Northern Ireland perhaps
Thanks for that, I'm off to Hamilton Island soon. Its in my head. I am both Dumb and Dumber.

winner
22-05-2015, 02:17 AM
Thanks for that, I'm off to Hamilton Island soon. Its in
my head. I am both Dumb and Dumber.

Is there an island in Hamilton?

winner
22-05-2015, 02:17 AM
Thanks for that, I'm off to Hamilton Island soon. Its in
my head. I am both Dumb and Dumber.
Is there an Ireland in Hamilton

Newsfeed
22-05-2015, 07:27 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3095694/loyalty-keeps-berlin-at-magic/?cs=306

What a pointless article if other clubs are not named. Slow news week.

winner
22-05-2015, 09:27 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3095694/loyalty-keeps-berlin-at-magic/?cs=306

What a pointless article if other clubs are not named. Slow news week.

I like the comment by chris , " I am not the type of player to leave a club halfway through the year ". I am positive he walked out on Olympic halfway through the year to join magic 4 or 5 years ago. Please correct me if I am wrong

cobra23
22-05-2015, 11:39 AM
I like the comment by chris , " I am not the type of player to leave a club halfway through the year ". I am positive he walked out on Olympic halfway through the year to join magic 4 or 5 years ago. Please correct me if I am wrong

yeah i think after the first couple of rounds,
But a falling out with the club or coach was the reason for that what i can remember.

Moley
22-05-2015, 01:19 PM
I'm going for a few shocks in this weekends action......

Jets Youth to upset Magic

Buds and there new signing to beat the Jaffas

Imyourhero
22-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Jets v Magic on bartv tonight (if the game is played)

cobra23
22-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Jets v Magic on bartv tonight (if the game is played)

Game wont be on now, Im hearing maybe monday night..

NewyTy
22-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Can confirm Magic v Jets Youth is OFF tonight. Has been rescheduled for Monday night. Also Jaffas v Adamstown has been moved to Sunday. Hopefully rain clears up tomorrow and some games can be played.

ForeverRed
24-05-2015, 09:24 AM
22s and first on at ulinga, 19s postponed

MFKS
24-05-2015, 09:41 AM
22s and first on at ulinga, 19s postponed

Forza drainage

GO AWAY
24-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Maitland v Azzuri first grade only
These call offs are becoming a joke, hasn't rained for days , bring back the old days .....

boz-monaut
24-05-2015, 10:08 AM
well you could have $7,000,000 spent on one facility with plastic pitches

or you could have invested $20,000 on drainage for 350 fields

you pays your money, you takes your pick

Premy
24-05-2015, 11:39 AM
well you could have $7,000,000 spent on one facility with plastic pitches

Wasn't it $14.5mil of that $4mil came from Northern the rest was state and fed government?

But yes is agree with you, Eland is running a great show :tongue:

MFKS
24-05-2015, 11:58 AM
well you could have $7,000
00 spent on one facility with plastic pitches

Whilst clubs pay each player thousands of dollars a year why is the onus on NNSW Football to get the clubs facilities up to scratch??

Maybe if a fraction more of the money that goes through the clubs each year didn't end up in players pockets in the vain pursuit of a trophy and the money went into providing a well drained pitch the issue would be redundant????

Old Boy
24-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Early goal to Benn Martin, Maitland 1-0 in the first 5 minutes.

Old Boy
24-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Maitland now 2-0, through Alex Read.

Sideline
24-05-2015, 04:29 PM
HT Edgy 2 Gunners 0 cracker free kick for 1st goal southy have played well and a poor defensive effort has cost them just on the stroke of halftime

Old Boy
24-05-2015, 04:39 PM
HT Maitland 2-0, AZzuri had more of the play late in the first half, but ineffective in front of goal.

Old Boy
24-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Fantastic goal to Harry Maguire Maitland 3-0.