PDA

View Full Version : 2015 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

King
04-06-2015, 12:14 AM
Nisbett hauls in Rosebuds for a please explain, Eland realises it was their fault and swoosh she gets swept under the carpet quicker than you can say Sepp Blatter. NNSWF stuffed up. More to the point Alan Nisbett and his team stuffed up. Heads should roll if they are fair dinkum. Replay the FFA Cup fixtures, strip goals scored by Bates, you name it. There are thousands $ at stake and NNSWF cant make these mistakes.

ForeverRed
04-06-2015, 06:39 AM
Completely wrong, it was the FFA that got it wrong, get your facts right before posting

Newsfeed
04-06-2015, 07:57 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3124398/questions-over-bates-bungle/?cs=306

So basically Maitland and CCB are the only two clubs pissed off about the situation.... What about if those clubs look at their own operations and failures for being in a relegation battle instead of trying to cause further argument on the matter. If it was either of them they'd only expect what Buds have copped - nothing.

MFKS
04-06-2015, 08:06 AM

So basically Maitland and CCB are the only two clubs pissed off about the situation.... What about if those clubs look at their own operations and failures for being in a relegation battle instead of trying to cause further argument on the matter. If it was either of them they'd only expect what Buds have copped - nothing.

I thought Olympic were also not happy reading that.

Does say a lot about the small time mentality all about them attitudes of these clubs involved. The issue doesn't lie with Rosebuds that's why they ain't getting punished.

The issue lies with the governing bodies.

No these small time clubs are moaning to high heaven that it is costing them big time.
If Azzurri and Maitland were not so shit they wouldn't be in the relegation battle anyway. If Olympic think getting a draw against Rosebuds will cost them glory then just shows how small time they are. Over the course of the remainder of the season get more points than everyone else and they win the NPL title. If they don't win it will be down to their opposition playing better than them costing them it rather than some bloke playing for a rival club after a paperwork bungle costing them

The other 6 clubs acknowledge a **** up has gone on but actually show some perspective on the subject.

Small time mentality

Moley
04-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Buds wins with bates in NPL: 1 in 7 games
Buds wins without Bates in NPL: 1 in 1 games

Just saying 1 man doesn't make a team

As for Charlestown didn't they beat buds....... think it's very poor that teams are kicking up a fuss to get points deducted from a team that has been found innocent of any wrong doing.

Beast
04-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Poor old Northern, made a similar stuff up last year with international player rego. Must be slow learners out there or too focused on their new facility.

Newy
04-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Buds wins with bates in NPL: 1 in 7 games
Buds wins without Bates in NPL: 1 in 1 games

Just saying 1 man doesn't make a team

As for Charlestown didn't they beat buds....... think it's very poor that teams are kicking up a fuss to get points deducted from a team that has been found innocent of any wrong doing.

I Don't think any club has said Adamstown should lose points....

immersion
04-06-2015, 01:10 PM

I think who cares. The legal/administrative aspect to the game doesn't help a team technically play better or worse. Heck, this is football. Who ever wants to play should just be able to play. Other than insurance, i wish it were like beach football, just rock up and play.

The paper work clubs have to put in is ridiculous. They get little to no help from Northern. Time to create an independent breakaway league lol.

King
04-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Completely wrong, it was the FFA that got it wrong, get your facts right before posting
An ancilliary contract is ratified by the FFA before the local assoc completes its due dilligence. NNSWF already admitted blame champ, so facts dont need to be checked. This is not Buds fault, its Northern. Anyone who thinks they do a good job is delusional.

King
04-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Listen 4 never red, the FFA wouldnt know Rosebuds from a cotton bud or Guy Bates from Norman Bates. An ancilliary contract is ratified by the FFA after the local assoc completes its due dilligence and corporate governance. NNSWF already admitted blame champ, so facts dont need to be checked. This is not Buds fault, its Northern. Anyone who thinks they do a good job is delusional. Sepp fell on his sword. Time for a few others to follow out at Speers Point.

RAM
04-06-2015, 02:42 PM
I think who cares. The legal/administrative aspect to the game doesn't help a team technically play better or worse. Heck, this is football. Who ever wants to play should just be able to play. Other than insurance, i wish it were like beach football, just rock up and play.

wow

how about no

prawnhead
04-06-2015, 05:04 PM

If Azzurri do finish last and get relegated, Mr Tull will have been at the helm both times they have been relegated in the clubs history. He was President back in 2008 when they were booted out of the comp. Merely a coincidence - hmmmmm.

Blueboy
04-06-2015, 08:24 PM
buds would of know if he was cleared or not. Only other club that would get away with this garbage is Magic

The Magician
04-06-2015, 09:22 PM
buds would of know if he was cleared or not. Only other club that would get away with this garbage is Magic

Chatting to committee about this topic over the last week i was told that a former (magic) player suspended as a result of accumulated cards last season did not get duly notified of his suspension (Magic didn't know where he was playing, and never attended preseason) and subsequently played against Magic (his first game for his new club) was therefore also an illegible played, anyways the game was a draw, result stood.

NNSWF to relook at rego/ suspension procedures for 2016... but all this negative publicity must be pretty frustrating for NNSWF. Instead of replacing the experienced people in the office that at least know most of the current rules, its obvious that they need help in overseeing the competitions now that it is a 7 team comp... i think the answer is more operations officers not replacing the ones we have.

P.S. Charlestown were relegated because there wasnt anyone wise enough inside the inner circle to tell them to understand the old saying "don't shit in the bed you sleep in"... Toronto and Lakes were 10X more diabolical in all factors inc. facilities, administration and results... but retained their position which leaves only 1 repose... They (Azzuri) really upset someone...

prawnhead
04-06-2015, 09:56 PM
Chatting to committee about this topic over the last week i was told that a former (magic) player suspended as a result of accumulated cards last season did not get duly notified of his suspension (Magic didn't know where he was playing, and never attended preseason) and subsequently played against Magic (his first game for his new club) was therefore also an illegible played, anyways the game was a draw, result stood.

NNSWF to relook at rego/ suspension procedures for 2016... but all this negative publicity must be pretty frustrating for NNSWF. Instead of replacing the experienced people in the office that at least know most of the current rules, its obvious that they need help in overseeing the competitions now that it is a 7 team comp... i think the answer is more operations officers not replacing the ones we have.

P.S. Charlestown were relegated because there wasnt anyone wise enough inside the inner circle to tell them to understand the old saying "don't shit in the bed you sleep in"... Toronto and Lakes were 10X more diabolical in all factors inc. facilities, administration and results... but retained their position which leaves only 1 repose... They (Azzuri) really upset someone...

Lakes also got booted in 2008 Magician - but my understanding was that Azzurri (or someone) upset a few of the supposed powers that be at the time. In any case, things are not looking good for them this year either.

prawnhead
04-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Lakes also got booted in 2008 Magician - but my understanding was that Azzurri (or someone) upset a few of the supposed powers that be at the time. In any case, things are not looking good for them this year either.

Also on the inner circle that you refer to at Azzurri, when that circle is a very small and tight circle sometimes you don't hear those wise utterings that you need to hear. At the end of the day though, I guess you reap what you sow.

ForeverRed
05-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Surely there'll be no more wash outs this weekend

MFKS
05-06-2015, 08:13 AM
Surely there'll be no more wash outs this weekend

I wouldn't bet on it.

Weston is pretty good wet weather ground
Southy has stellar drainage and should be right.

The other 3 are a bit hit and miss.

Probably depend more on how much importance the appearance of the hallowed turf is placed by the clubs in the grand scheme of things.

Some seem to have far too much paranoia about the grass

Beast
05-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Is it the clubs or the Council. Someone said Maitland were instructed to fix up their pitch by Council

Blueboy
05-06-2015, 09:54 AM
I wouldn't bet on it.

Weston is pretty good wet weather ground
Southy has stellar drainage and should be right.

The other 3 are a bit hit and miss.

Probably depend more on how much importance the appearance of the hallowed turf is placed by the clubs in the grand scheme of things.

Some seem to have far too much paranoia about the grass

Look how shit magics ground was for first grade on the weekend.

fan atic
06-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Also on the inner circle that you refer to at Azzurri, when that circle is a very small and tight circle sometimes you don't hear those wise utterings that you need to hear. At the end of the day though, I guess you reap what you sow.
There is no inner circle at azzurri, the club is run by one complete idiot and has got more than one person off side, he has the worse reputation of any one in the football fraternity, but the incompetence will continue until he and many others associated with the club look in the mirror for a very long time and see without their rose coloured glasses, the exact arsehole that every one else sees.
ask any person from any club in Newcastle and they will all tell you of a bad experience they have had with this fool.

seldom
06-06-2015, 12:41 PM
There is no inner circle at azzurri, the club is run by one complete idiot and has got more than one person off side, he has the worse reputation of any one in the football fraternity, but the incompetence will continue until he and many others associated with the club look in the mirror for a very long time and see without their rose coloured glasses, the exact arsehole that every one else sees.
ask any person from any club in Newcastle and they will all tell you of a bad experience they have had with this fool.

Is it true that the 19s and 22s coaches resigned ?

MFKS
06-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Look how shit magics ground was for first grade on the weekend.

Whether it was in poor condition is irrelevant. They actually played.

There is nowhere in the laws of the game that says the pitch must be well manicured and dry.

Every other serious football nation in the world plays in less than ideal conditions.

Why are we any different??

If games were called off in Europe for weather like they are here they would still be playing the 1889 season

winner
06-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Any scores from Adamstown

Newsfeed
06-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Any scores from Adamstown
Buds 2-1

Play feet
06-06-2015, 08:10 PM
buds 2-0 without bates....

Maybe clubs should be thankful.

BP Super Dynamos
07-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Watching 22's @ Maitland, and I know I'm being picky. But surely between the 3 refs at least 2 could wear the same kit. We're trying to raise the level of the competition, yet officials show up looking like a pack of Brown's cows. 3 refs and 3 different kits

Tonester
07-06-2015, 04:45 PM
CCB 1-0 penalty Magic missed one

Thomas477
07-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Watching 22's @ Maitland, and I know I'm being picky. But surely between the 3 refs at least 2 could wear the same kit. We're trying to raise the level of the competition, yet officials show up looking like a pack of Brown's cows. 3 refs and 3 different kits

When you same different kit, are they the same colour or different colour? There's also a chance that one of those refs is from a junior branch, and as such wouldn't have the Adidas kit.

Tonester
07-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Azzuri win 1-0 big result

MFKS
07-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Weston 1-0 Edgy

Jaffas 5-0 Southy

Olympic 2-1 Maitland

From what my twitter feed is showing

BP Super Dynamos
07-06-2015, 10:04 PM
When you same different kit, are they the same colour or different colour? There's also a chance that one of those refs is from a junior branch, and as such wouldn't have the Adidas kit.

Three different colours. Yellow adidas (centre) navy blue adidas (1st assistant) and black junior (2nd assistant). To make matters worse, the assistant wearing navy blue, turned out in yellow for 1st grade

Tonester
07-06-2015, 10:24 PM
Three different colours. Yellow adidas (centre) navy blue adidas (1st assistant) and black junior (2nd assistant). To make matters worse, the assistant wearing navy blue, turned out in yellow for 1st grade
In all honesty who cares,did they officiate ok or did the colour clash bring them undone.Is that all we have to whinge about,I think not

Mitchy
07-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Tbh playing in the game today just doesn't give the best look, especially as players when we get pulled up for having different coloured tape/skins etc

Tonester
07-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Tbh playing in the game today just doesn't give the best look, especially as players when we get pulled up for having different coloured tape/skins etc
There are heaps of peripheral things which could be changed to improve the overall image of our game but let's not waste space complaining over trivialities.Everything has a time & a place.(Gee,that sounds deep!)

winner
07-06-2015, 11:01 PM
There are heaps of peripheral things which could be changed to improve the overall image of our game
but let's not waste space complaining over trivialities.Everything has a time & a place.(Gee,that sounds deep!)
Well done today Tonester

mervan
07-06-2015, 11:21 PM
There are heaps of peripheral things which could be changed to improve the overall image of our game but let's not waste space complaining over trivialities.Everything has a time & a place.(Gee,that sounds deep!)

Yes mate well done

Tonester
08-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Yes mate well done

That's it,I'm outta here ,first time I've had people agreeing with me!Goodbye & good luck!!

Thomas477
08-06-2015, 01:08 AM

Well firstly navy blue is the closest state league gets to black. I had to wear black on Saturday when doing lines for ZL1 and the guys in the centre had navy blue on, so that's a non issue, though personally I would've thought yellow would've been easier given the teams.

As for the senior assistant and the centre ref, they should have had the same kit on. As Mitchy said, we expect the players to conform to the rules, so should the refs, no matter the grade. So you were right, the two seniors should've had the same kit on, but juniors is hard when they decide to go navy on us.

Speedymetric
08-06-2015, 12:25 PM
What's happened to the all conquering Magic?

Two weeks ago we were expected to hand them the trophy now they have lost to the "shit flogs from Kurri" and the even shitter flogs from Whitebridge back to back.

A little reminder people you don't win the comp in May!

Zico
08-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Don't stress, every side have a couple of games that they arent at their best throughout the season. Magic will be back in the winners circle soon enough.

magician
08-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Don't stress, every side have a couple of games that they arent at their best throughout the season. Magic will be back in the winners circle soon enough.

Big game next Sunday at darling street

MFKS
08-06-2015, 02:00 PM
What's happened to the all conquering Magic?

Two weeks ago we were expected to hand them the trophy now they have lost to the "shit flogs from Kurri" and the even shitter flogs from Whitebridge back to back.

A little reminder people you don't win the comp in May!

No Kale
No Party

The Acolyte
08-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Where was Kale , ambushing old ladies at Jesmond Mall?. Or avoiding his stalker?

NUGUNS
08-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Hows the bloke who got knocked out from Weston going? Looked pretty ordinary trying to get on his feet after going down.

The Acolyte
08-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Hows the bloke who got knocked out from Weston going? Looked pretty ordinary trying to get on his feet after going down.
I hope you're not an undertaker, you'd be burying plenty of live ones. He'll have to practice a lot more before he gets a knock out.

MFKS
08-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Where was Kale , ambushing old ladies at Jesmond Mall?. Or avoiding his stalker?

News last night showed him in the stands. Apparently injured

Chief_Wiggum
08-06-2015, 04:32 PM
He warmed up and pulled out after about 10 minutes, had the feeling Magic expected Azzuri to roll over. Azzuri showed good hunger and spirit and held a good shape, think they frustrated Magic a bit and IMO lost the mental battle.

winner
10-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Some huge games at both ends of the table this weekend. If southy win you would have to make maitland clear favourites for the drop. At the other end of the table if magic lose their 3rd game on the trot ( blasphemy I know ) it will put them a massive 7 points off the lead and long odds of winning the minor premiership

Why Blue
10-06-2015, 05:55 PM
NPL is not my usual hangout but I thought Maitland were safe from relegation this year
I thought they got a year grace
Can any one confirm ???
Mind you in NPL youth they have bought nothing to the comp !!!

The Magician
10-06-2015, 06:44 PM
NPL is not my usual hangout but I thought Maitland were safe from relegation this year
Can any one confirm ???

Only way their will be no relegation is if either of the 2 teams from NEWFM (Lakes/ Valentine) that have been granted permission to be promoted by NNSWF dont make the top spot... and after today's herald article... if Wallsend continue their winning ways there will be no relegation from NPL... its how Adamstown, Westy and Cessnock survived for so long back in the 90's/ early 00's when they were for years the whipping boys before finally going down.

Saying that Maitland come last, lakes/Valo premiers... Maitland go down.

ForeverRed
10-06-2015, 06:51 PM
gunners are crippled with injury. 11 players unavailable last weekend, nothing much on the horizon this weekend in players returning, need a quick fix fast, no excuses, steep learning curve for some very young players though

MFKS
10-06-2015, 07:39 PM
Can any one confirm ???

Ain't bought much to the NPL either.

Smashing shit teams in the New FM means little.

Looks a positive the NewFm looks a lot stronger this season

namwob99
10-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Ain't bought much to the NPL either.

Smashing shit teams in the New FM means little.

Looks a positive the NewFm looks a lot stronger this season

That's the thing, does it look stronger or does it look more even? Would that statement be made if there was one team out there smashing the lot?

mervan
10-06-2015, 08:23 PM
That's the thing, does it look stronger or does it look more even? Would that statement be made if there was one team out there smashing the lot?

It doesn't really matter who is in NPL as the majority of players at that level just move from club to club.

10-06-2015, 08:48 PM
It doesn't really matter who is in NPL as the majority of players at that level just move from club to club.

The key is in that the entire club has depth of strength surely?
Maitland promoted but with no depth, difficult to progress players up through the grades to cover for inevitable injuries etc when the quality isn't there. You can't make silk purse....
Of the sides licenced to be promoted Valo are sorely lacking in U17 whilst Lakes are very very strong, both the clubs other grades performing well too so I'm of the opinion that either of these Two clubs would add something to NPL next season.

MFKS
10-06-2015, 09:24 PM

I would say it does.

Last few seasons you have had 2 teams at the top Buds/Maitland/Valo smashing everyone and cooking out for the title

BelSwans were next well behind those two Thornton behind them and then 4 other sacrificial lambs who were getting smashed.

Now the teams appear closer as any team seems capable of winning games which makes it a stronger comp.

monz6
11-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Maitland promoted but with no depth, difficult to progress players up through the grades to cover for inevitable injuries etc when the quality isn't there. You can't make silk purse....
Of the sides licenced to be promoted Valo are sorely lacking in U17 whilst Lakes are very very strong, both the clubs other grades performing well too so I'm of the opinion that either of these Two clubs would add something to NPL next season.

I am not saying you are wrong... But Maitland were very strong in all grades last year. But have added little this year. So what would make Lakes or Valo any different. Considering how Maitland dominated last year?

winner
11-06-2015, 09:30 PM
I am not saying you are wrong... But Maitland were very strong in all grades last year. But have added little this year. So what would make Lakes or Valo any different. Considering how Maitland dominated last year?

What do you mean maitland have added little this year. Didn't they sign Matt Thompson, Matt Comerford, Zac Hill, Alex Read and Denis Fajkovic. That is half of their starting side

winner
11-06-2015, 09:37 PM

If lakes or valo get promoted they would be favorite to go straight back down. The gap in quality between npl and newfm is becoming bigger and bigger every year

Newsfeed
11-06-2015, 10:05 PM
Maitland v Southy - going to be interesting if the home side have Joel Wood, Zac Hill, Justin Broadley, Nick Callghan and Fajkovic all out... Wonder how Southy are numbers wise this weekend?

MFKS
11-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Maitland v Southy - going to be interesting if the home side have Joel Wood, Zac Hill, Justin Broadley, Nick Callghan and Fajkovic all out... Wonder how Southy are numbers wise this weekend?

FR said they were also having some injury issues and will be depleted

monz6
11-06-2015, 11:25 PM
What do you mean maitland have added little this year. Didn't they sign Matt Thompson, Matt Comerford, Zac Hill, Alex Read and Denis Fajkovic. That is half of their starting side

yes... i was referring to results. adding to the comp results wise. should've worded it better.

prawnhead
12-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Jets v Jaffas
Weston v Buds
Maitland v Southy
Olympic v Magic
CCB V Edgy

Predictions: Jaffas, Buds, Maitland, Olympic, CCB

12-06-2015, 09:16 PM
I'm thinking the addition of 17s to NEWFM assists future promoted clubs.

12-06-2015, 09:18 PM
If lakes or valo get promoted they would be favorite to go straight back down. The gap in quality between npl and newfm is becoming bigger and bigger every year

You may well be right,only development time will tell.

Gale
12-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Top 4:
Weston
Jaffas
Magic
Maitland

Imyourhero
13-06-2015, 09:31 AM
At halfway point im tipping:
Olympic, Edgy, Magic, Weston in no particular order.

winner
13-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Any results from todays games

EH9
13-06-2015, 05:58 PM

Jaffas 3-2
Buds 2-1

bighead
13-06-2015, 05:59 PM

Buds 2-1

winner
13-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Jets v Jaffas
Weston v Buds
Maitland v Southy
Olympic v Magic
CCB V Edgy

Predictions: Jaffas, Buds, Maitland, Olympic, CCB

2 from 2 so far prawnhead. Lets hope you can be 5 from 5 by tomorrow afternoon

ForeverRed
13-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Let's hope not

winner
13-06-2015, 06:13 PM
Let's hope not
Sorry FR. Make that 4 from 5

JCBT
13-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Buds 2-1
Buds better side and deserved the win but fu@k me the referee was piss poor both ways.
Kenneth was huge for the Buds.

De-Champ
13-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Buds better side and deserved the win but fu@k me the referee was piss poor both ways.
Kenneth was huge for the Buds.

He is 5 klg too huge

JCBT
13-06-2015, 07:17 PM
He is 5 klg too huge
Wanker

De-Champ
13-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Wanker

lighten up

Ker-Plunk
13-06-2015, 07:21 PM
I hope prawnhead goes 5/5 . I hope magpies been scrubbing the dunnies out .

prawnhead
13-06-2015, 08:05 PM
He is 5 klg too huge

He is carrying a few extra kegs but he is very solid for the Buds. Organises them well at the back and will score more goals this year from set pieces.

De-Champ
14-06-2015, 12:55 PM
He is carrying a few extra kegs but he is very solid for the Buds. Organises them well at the back and will score more goals this year from set pieces.

I spoke to the player himself and he said to me that he was 5 kg over his ideal limit.
I also saw the game Weston v Adamstown
Adamstown did have more chances to score than weston, weston played one man down as a player was sent off in 2nd half. Also they had a legitimate penalty turned down as an Adamstown player handled in the area.
But all in all Adamstown deserved their win.

Tonester
14-06-2015, 04:25 PM
What's happening around the grounds fellas?

GO AWAY
14-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Charley 1-0

GO AWAY
14-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Short lived 1-1

De-Champ
14-06-2015, 05:22 PM
even shorter 2-1 edgeworth
2-0 olympic
3-0 maitland with approx 10 mins to go

mervan
14-06-2015, 05:52 PM
even shorter 2-1 edgeworth
2-0 olympic
3-0 maitland with approx 10 mins to go

Couple of keeper errors cost Magic

onlooker
14-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Maitland 4-0 winners

Old Boy
14-06-2015, 06:22 PM
Either Maitland were great or the gunners were ordinary.

ForeverRed
14-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Gunners ran the show in the first half with out scoring, totally different second half, can only carry young blokes for so long, injuries are killing us

onlooker
14-06-2015, 07:28 PM
First half in my opinion southy start stronger with a chance or two but it quickly became a dull affair, both teams hit the cross bar but not much to get excited about really.
Second half started as slow as the first finished but then thommo got a goal from nothing and maitland built on that and ran home with it.

Blueboy
14-06-2015, 08:47 PM
Couple of keeper errors cost Magic I doubt it. Magic were shit and the way they are going won't make the semis. Surely they would be more effective with Dino up front and MSKRs love child out wide.

winner
14-06-2015, 08:49 PM

Open your other eye mervan

ForeverRed
14-06-2015, 09:01 PM

Not what I seen on the telly

mervan
14-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Not what I seen on the telly

Magic crowd reaction, change the keeper. Kale was nullified for most of it. Olympic are the best defensive side in the comp, don't give them a one goal start.

mervan
14-06-2015, 10:04 PM
The magic keeper didn't get a glove on the first goal from thirty out, gave up 4 against Weston, I expect a change given that the 22s guy was ahead go him 3 years a go.

King
14-06-2015, 11:49 PM
Not what I seen on the telly Saw not seen. Cmon man.

fan atic
15-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Come on Tonester, what happened at Charlie, we are interested to hear

winner
15-06-2015, 09:54 AM

Things not looking great after yesterday zico and I think edgy will be too good for them in a fortnight in the next round

Tonester
15-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Come on Tonester, what happened at Charlie, we are interested to hear
I'm away on business until the end of the month but I'm reliably informed that Azzuri were rather unlucky on th day & should have gotten a point at least.Matt Tull going for his hat trick of penalties next round & also looking for our 4th oggie for the season also.Every bit as keen down our end as it is up top.Must admit making semis will be difficult if we don't win next game!

magician
15-06-2015, 01:27 PM
I'm away on business until the end of the month but I'm reliably informed that Azzuri were rather unlucky on th day & should have gotten a point at least.Matt Tull going for his hat trick of penalties next round & also looking for our 4th oggie for the season also.Every bit as keen down our end as it is up top.Must admit making semis will be difficult if we don't win next game!

I would be concentrating on staying up than worrying about making the semis

winner
15-06-2015, 02:12 PM
End of day it is GF.

Magic will be thereabouts.

I fully expect them to win the comp and am happy to call it now.

Just a matter of whether they are not exposed on any given day in the finals as one slip up is fatal.

Fix their defence and NNSW may as well just give them the trophy now

You may need to contact NNSW and get them to hold off on engraving that trophy for a few more weeks member. Magic have now dropped out of the 4 and with games against Edgy Adamstown and Jaffas in the next 3 rounds, things aren't looking quite so comfortable over at wanderers atm. Whoa Whoa Whoa its magic

Speedymetric
15-06-2015, 05:15 PM
The nightmare for Magic continues. Now the houso flogs from Hamilton South have beaten them adding to a long list of "shit flogs" who have now beaten them since we were told we should just give them the trophy in early May!

q-money
15-06-2015, 05:30 PM
The nightmare for Magic continues. Now the houso flogs from Hamilton South have beaten them adding to a long list of "shit flogs" who have now beaten them since we were told we should just give them the trophy in early May!

:rof:

Tonester
16-06-2015, 06:24 AM
I would be concentrating on staying up than worrying about making the semis

Don't you see a joke somewhere in that post,I thought it was fairly obvious myself.

mother theresa
16-06-2015, 01:12 PM
mother where are you

looking for your shoe in the toilet
lol

Why Blue
16-06-2015, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=mother theresa;125117]looking for your shoe in the toilet
lol[/QUOT

Is that really where you been MT ??

MFKS
16-06-2015, 05:07 PM
You may need to contact NNSW and get them to hold off on engraving that trophy for a few more weeks member. Magic have now dropped out of the 4 and with games against Edgy Adamstown and Jaffas in the next 3 rounds, things aren't looking quite so comfortable over at wanderers atm. Whoa Whoa Whoa its magic
Seen enough Sunday to see Magic are not far from a win. Their Keeper ****ed them over with two howlers.

Olympic were solid and deserved to get the biscuits. Magic were not far away though and the 2-0 was not a fair reflection.

Defensively I thought Magic for the most part of the game were pretty ****ing solid. A hell of a lot better than they have been from every other time I have seen them. Two howlers set them on the back foot.

Am still happy to stick with them as I saw a lot of positives for them in defeat the other day

De-Champ
16-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Seen enough Sunday to see Magic are not far from a win. Their Keeper ****ed them over with two howlers.

Olympic were solid and deserved to get the biscuits. Magic were not far away though and the 2-0 was not a fair reflection.

Defensively I thought Magic for the most part of the game were pretty ****ing solid. A hell of a lot better than they have been from every other time I have seen them. Two howlers set them on the back foot.

Am still happy to stick with them as I saw a lot of positives for them in defeat the other day

Magic did not look like scoring. The only person that could do anything up front was Fajkovic (whatever his name is) and he didn't do all that much either. Although I must say Magic pass the ball around pretty well.

MFKS
16-06-2015, 06:33 PM
Magic did not look like scoring. The only person that could do anything up front was Fajkovic (whatever his name is) and he didn't do all that much either. Although I must say Magic pass the ball around pretty well.

Neither did Olympic if you take out the Keeping **** ups

mervan
16-06-2015, 07:47 PM

Yeah it was a pretty tight affair, game didn't really open up. Magic couldn't get kale into any space consistently, Olympic were generally more physical and they seem to enjoy ruffling kale up. With Haynes out finlayson wasn't able to play kale in behind.

In tight physical game Olympic appear to be able hold the ball up better with goodchild. Olympic in there current mood look hard to beat particularly on the small pitch at home.

judge
16-06-2015, 08:33 PM
Yeh wasn't the keeper's best day at the office, but the save to deny Mat Swan off a runaway at the end was gutsy. Lot of people keen to write Magic off, early days see how the armchair critics go at the end of this round. But Olympic would have to be favourites for the minor premiership at this stage.

winner
16-06-2015, 09:06 PM
Yeh wasn't the keeper's best day at the office, but the save to deny Mat Swan off a runaway at the end was gutsy. Lot of people keen to write Magic off, early days see how the armchair critics go at the end of this round. But Olympic would have to be favourites for the minor premiership at this stage.

I wouldn't be writing the eagles off just yet. About to get Luke Walker back and their next two games are against Magic and Olympic. If they can win both of them they will be top of the league

winner
16-06-2015, 09:14 PM
Yeah it was a pretty tight affair, game didn't really open
up. Magic couldn't get kale into any space consistently, Olympic were generally more physical and they seem to enjoy ruffling kale up. With Haynes out finlayson wasn't able to play kale in behind.

In tight physical game Olympic appear to be able hold the ball up better with goodchild. Olympic in there current mood look hard to beat particularly on the small pitch at home.

They look mobile and fit enough to be hard to beat on any pitch. Not only the small one at darling st. They are undefeated away in 5 matches also remember. Still a lot of water to pass under the bridge guys with 8 rounds still to play. I feel there are a lot more twists and turns left in this one

judge
16-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Did I write the Eagles off, sorry if you misunderstood. I'd say there's five teams that can win the minor premiership, and the Eagles are definitely one of those. But Olympic are on a roll, not pretty to watch but effective. Agree there's a lot more football to be played and injuries and form will decide who finishes where.
I wouldn't be writing the eagles off just yet. About to get Luke Walker back and their next two games are against Magic and Olympic. If they can win both of them they will be top of the league

magician
17-06-2015, 06:32 AM
Big signing for maitland with Ryan Clarke coming back from perth

Ker-Plunk
18-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Well that certainly killed the conversation .

winner
22-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Just heard Olympic have called off both lower grades against ccb tomorrow night. When was the last time it rained? Friday

ForeverRed
22-06-2015, 09:19 PM
This is unbelievable

The Magician
22-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Just heard Olympic have called off both lower grades against ccb tomorrow night. When was the last time it rained? Friday

Must be saving the ground for something... Have they put a bid in to take the GF away from Edgy?

ForeverRed
22-06-2015, 09:58 PM
Their going for the 'best ground in September ' award, which we all know means jack

boz-monaut
22-06-2015, 10:16 PM
the Merewether, Hamilton, Cooks Hill area did get a crapload of rain on Friday and Saturday

there was ponded water on fields on Sunday afternoon so it's possibly not just someone being over protective

late_to_the_game
22-06-2015, 11:16 PM
the Merewether, Hamilton, Cooks Hill area did get a crapload of rain on Friday and Saturday

there was ponded water on fields on Sunday afternoon so it's possibly not just someone being over protective

Just shy of 30mm over thurs/fri/sat at Merewether Pump Station.

Ker-Plunk
24-06-2015, 11:32 PM
great to see buds bringing in another new player . hope they get an independent authority to check the points cap and his rego form .

mother theresa
25-06-2015, 12:07 AM
great to see buds bringing in another new player . hope they get an independent authority to check the points cap and his rego form .

ker-plunk just curious is there still a point system?
if so doesn't seem to be working.

fan atic
25-06-2015, 12:07 AM
What's going on at Charlestown?
Today's paper talk about Smith & Tull getting 2 weeks for abusing ref, and trainer getting 4 weeks.
Wouldn't you give Tull life as this must be the 100th time he has had to answer on abuse of someone.
need to rubs grubs out of the game.
A rudder less ship will become ship wrecked in time. Time must be up.

Zico
25-06-2015, 08:59 PM
What's going on at Charlestown?
Today's paper talk about Smith & Tull getting 2 weeks for abusing ref, and trainer getting 4 weeks.
Wouldn't you give Tull life as this must be the 100th time he has had to answer on abuse of someone.
need to rubs grubs out of the game.
A rudder less ship will become ship wrecked in time. Time must be up.
The writting has been on the wall for years that Azzuri would go this way

Tonester
26-06-2015, 06:57 AM
The writting has been on the wall for years that Azzuri would go this way

Go what way?Some guys having a spit over certain decisions goes on week in week out,no club is immune to that behaviour so if you think getting dragged for a couple of weeks means the damnation of a club you must be smoking some good stuff.

winner
26-06-2015, 08:31 AM
Their going for the 'best ground in September ' award,
which we all know means jack
Olympic v Adamstown will be off on Sunday already given there track record of calling games off if a sparrow pisses on their ground so far this year. Apparently the lower grades were called off on Tuesday night to save the ground for Sunday. What are they going to do now. They know we play a WINTER sport right. It does rain in winter

GO AWAY
26-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Olympic v Adamstown will be off on Sunday already given there track record of calling games off if a sparrow pisses on their ground so far this year. Apparently the lower grades were called off on Tuesday night to save the ground for Sunday. What are they going to do now. They know we play a WINTER sport right. It does rain in winter

Lower grades will be off Tuesday night again for sure

magician
26-06-2015, 03:35 PM
All grades will be on

Fairgo
26-06-2015, 06:06 PM
All grades will be on

Drove past Darling St about 8.30 last night ground looked like a lake completely under water will be very surprised if game will be on Sunday.

RANGER09
26-06-2015, 11:52 PM
Their going for the 'best ground in September ' award, which we all know means jack

Now now, us guys in zone leagues need a decent pitch for the finals! :wink:

Tonester
28-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Any scores today guys,I know it's 2-1 for Jaffas & level at Magic

NewyTy
28-06-2015, 05:28 PM
Edgeworth ended up winning late. Edgy 2-1 Magic and Maitland beat Jets Youth 1-0.

magician
28-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Olympic 2 buds 2

Old Boy
28-06-2015, 06:22 PM
The Sportingplus results page shows Jets 1 Maitland 0. Is this wrong?

ForeverRed
28-06-2015, 06:22 PM
Gunners down 1 nil, great effort from our blokes, starting to get a few back hopefully get some points in coming weeks, deserved more today,

monz6
28-06-2015, 06:24 PM
The Sportingplus results page shows Jets 1 Maitland 0. Is this wrong?

yes Maitland 1-0-Matt Thompson goal

Ker-Plunk
28-06-2015, 08:29 PM
watched magpies/jets game today . for all their ''superior talent '' the cessnas never looked like breaking down a determined , spirited club team . should of been more to maitland .

Ker-Plunk
28-06-2015, 08:31 PM
PS. big time thompsons goal, all class !

mervan
28-06-2015, 09:10 PM
PS. big time thompsons goal, all class !

There are questions marks over the cessnas coach

big jim
29-06-2015, 07:49 PM
There are questions marks over the cessnas coach
Insult to all hard working coachs out there

Speedymetric
29-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Oh no.

Now the flogs from Mt Sugarloaf have beaten Magic. It was only a few weeks ago MFKS was asking the engraver to do a spell check and warm up the machine now Magic have almost lost to more shit flogs than they have actually beaten!

mervan
29-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Oh no.

Now the flogs from Mt Sugarloaf have beaten Magic. It was only a few weeks ago MFKS was asking the engraver to do a spell check and warm up the machine now Magic have almost lost to more shit flogs than they have actually beaten!

Maybe the member doesn't know what a flog is.

winner
29-06-2015, 09:37 PM
Oh no.

I thought it was funny how craig kerry kept carrying on after 6 or 7 rounds that magic had nearly passed their total points scored last year already. Here we are approaching Round 12 and magic still haven't passed chappys target he set last year. Surely a win this week against the magpies

mervan
29-06-2015, 09:58 PM
I thought it was funny how craig kerry kept carrying on after 6 or 7 rounds that magic had nearly passed their total points scored last year already. Here we are approaching Round 12 and magic still haven't passed chappys target he set last year. Surely a win this week against the magpies

What happens if magic don't make the finals, new coach maybe?

winner
29-06-2015, 10:03 PM

Perhaps the return of the prodigal son

The General
29-06-2015, 10:34 PM

I've heard Tanch will be finished after this season due to work. Could we see another coaching merry-go-round?

pv4
30-06-2015, 11:49 PM
Word is Kenneth has played his last game for the Buds.

ForeverRed
01-07-2015, 06:30 AM
Correct, also the Jaffas Korean player, Franky, has transferred to the gunners

winner
01-07-2015, 10:03 AM
Correct, also the Jaffas Korean player, Franky, has transferred to the gunners
Is that two franky's at the one club forever

ForeverRed
01-07-2015, 10:13 AM
A Franky and a Dougy

Bremsstrahlung
01-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Be frank with us FR, is it a good acquisition?
How are the injuries coming along? Backing you guys to get some points vs jets and azzurri, which should see you guys stay up!

ForeverRed
01-07-2015, 02:22 PM
He can't play first grade as we already have two visa players, Dougy and lee Ashton, his a cover for lee as he hasn't played for 5 weeks but resumed training this week, if he breaks down then Franky will come into the top 20, he had other clubs after him when Jaffas released him but he wanted to be with Dougy, he knows how well Dougy has been treated and and is looking forward to his time with the gunners even though he can only play 22s

The Postman
01-07-2015, 11:51 PM
Bigger things were possibly coming for Kenneth, unfortunately injuried in a glorified trial game, now has flown off home. Feel sorry for the big man.

monz6
02-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Bigger things were possibly coming for Kenneth, unfortunately injuried in a glorified trial game, now has flown off home. Feel sorry for the big man.

Pretty big trial game when the winner is one game away from hosting Melb City!

outsider
04-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Weston 3-0 over Jaffas at half time

magician
04-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Weston 3-0 over Jaffas at half time
4-3 Jaffas

Beast
04-07-2015, 05:53 PM
4-3 jaffas

ouch!!!

Old Boy
04-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Anybody at the gunners jets game?

Beast
04-07-2015, 06:03 PM
19's 5-1 Southy
22's 3-1 Jets

Then off to work I go

ForeverRed
04-07-2015, 06:05 PM
2,1 jets, dead set pen denied to gunners late, the red was a flog, created heaps but same old story couldn't convert

Newsfeed
04-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Went down to Jaffas today Weston 3-0 ht if they played like that each week they would be an Olympic of the comp. Credit to Jaffas as Weston went to sleep and deserved the cash.

mervan
05-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Magic 3 nil

05-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Edgeworth 3 -1 over Olympic.deserverd winners

mervan
05-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Big win for Azzuri, will be hard for Southy now.

Maitland deserved a little more out of today's game.

Final four will be IMO

Edges
Jafs
Olympic
Weston

In what ever order, based on what I have seen Magic won't beat the better teams with the two strikers needing multiple opportunities

judge
05-07-2015, 11:11 PM
From what I've heard the substitutions in the second half changed the Jaffas, well done to Tanch good coaching.
4-3 Jaffas

winner
06-07-2015, 12:05 AM
From what I've heard the substitutions in the second half changed the Jaffas, well done to Tanch good coaching.
;-) great post Tanch

Brandon166
06-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Big win for Azzuri, will be hard for Southy now.

Maitland deserved a little more out of today's game.

Final four will be IMO

Edges
Jafs
Olympic
Weston

In what ever order, based on what I have seen Magic won't beat the better teams with the two strikers needing multiple opportunities

That's funny considering the two magic strikers correct me if I'm wrong are the top two scorers in the league

immersion
06-07-2015, 12:26 PM
;-) great post Tanch

I heard a jaffers player tell me a couple of weeks ago that he thinks Tanch is better at selling than he is at coaching. Pretty insightful comment i thought.

Right in-line with your comment @Winner

mervan
06-07-2015, 09:51 PM
That's funny considering the two magic strikers correct me if I'm wrong are the top two scorers in the league

Sorry Dino keep shooting

11-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Olympic V Jaffas 0-0

Imyourhero
11-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Pretty sure Weston 2-1 Jets

The General
11-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Pretty sure Weston 2-1 Jets

Yep - can confirm. Decent game, Jets were quite good I thought.
Jets led 1-0 before the Bears equalised just before half time. Bears got another one midway through second half. Good result for Weston - could have a good buffer if Magic/Adamstown result goes their way.

tucker's daughter
12-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Great conditions for football up at windy hill today

Bremsstrahlung
12-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Best of luck FR!
My tip is the winner today will stay up! Carn southy!

Newsfeed
12-07-2015, 04:32 PM
southy 0 ccb 2
Buds 1 magic 4
Maitland 0 edgy 2

Southy relegation favourites now you'd think? Top 4 going to go down to the wire!!

mervan
12-07-2015, 10:09 PM
southy 0 ccb 2
Buds 1 magic 4
Maitland 0 edgy 2

Southy relegation favourites now you'd think? Top 4 going to go down to the wire!!

Yes will be hard for Southy now, hence the lack of forum action

ForeverRed
12-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Sorry mer an , I've been doing things other then sitting on the forum, long way to go yet, any lack of status has nothing to do with results as I'm a true supporter and always speak on what I believe in, your comment has made you look foolish boy

Tonester
12-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Southy offered very little in a match that meant so much,a tough draw coming up doesn't auger well for their chances.

mervan
12-07-2015, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=ForeverRed;127772]Sorry mer an , I've been doing things other then sitting on the forum, long way to go yet, any lack of status has nothing to do with results as I'm a true supporter and always speak on what I believe in, your comment has made you look foolish

That was quicker than i thought

chocolate soldier
13-07-2015, 08:26 AM
I heard a jaffers player tell me a couple of weeks ago that he thinks Tanch is better at selling than he is at coaching. Pretty insightful comment i thought.

Right in-line with your comment @Winner

of course he is, would be very surprised if anyone that has gone there has ever learned anything football wise in their time, more just there to go through the motions of what they already know and collect the coin

Jardelsimage
13-07-2015, 10:07 AM
Southy offered very little in a match that meant so much,a tough draw coming up doesn't auger well for their chances.
both teams struggled I thought, charley took there limited chances well, congrats to them.

On another note, this season for Southy started bad and we all thought that we could get out of it with the players we had, obviously we didn't(that's what we told anyway)
Who cops the wrap for this, players, committee or coach???
players well as you said not much effort by some, not all fall into this, passion is there but you need 100% from the lot not 50%.
coach, should he have been trying to lift his boys more, what we hear is training good just lacks the extra oomph on game day(why weren't ex players coaches used yesterday or previously as motivation to show the fellas what it means to be a Gunner)
committee, well hard job, been doing it for over 30 years myself and I was involved in getting Southy into NBN so these results this year cut deep. not committed enough or just to raw, we wont really get to know this, unless they stick around next year.

Just a little observation from yesterday, that probably sums it up.
Old boys day, freezing weather on the hill, good show up, not great but good enough.
Went to the RSL ex players, coaches, life members and supporters. we were there for at least 1 hour when about 70% of the players and committee, just got up and left.
No acknowledgement of Old Boys day or the Gary Sprit Turner award.
When the coach was asked where's players player, not my job they already have done it, I beg to differ on that one....
so to the committee and coach(head coach) this lands on your heads I believe, you are the ones who needed to direct the club on its path using whatever means available, yes we know the stories money is tight, but there are ways to get around this, engagement with your previous players, coaches and life members would have been a good way to start. Going by this I think you have all dropped the ball big time, lets see if you have the strength to pick it up.............

ForeverRed
13-07-2015, 10:12 AM
I normally do the functions after the game, I had a personal engagement to attend, other committee were aware of this, I can only do so much

cobra23
13-07-2015, 10:15 AM
both teams struggled I thought, charley took there limited chances well, congrats to them.

On another note, this season for Southy started bad and we all thought that we could get out of it with the players we had, obviously we didn't(that's what we told anyway)
Who cops the wrap for this, players, committee or coach???
players well as you said not much effort by some, not all fall into this, passion is there but you need 100% from the lot not 50%.
coach, should he have been trying to lift his boys more, what we hear is training good just lacks the extra oomph on game day(why weren't ex players coaches used yesterday or previously as motivation to show the fellas what it means to be a Gunner)
committee, well hard job, been doing it for over 30 years myself and I was involved in getting Southy into NBN so these results this year cut deep. not committed enough or just to raw, we wont really get to know this, unless they stick around next year.

Just a little observation from yesterday, that probably sums it up.
Old boys day, freezing weather on the hill, good show up, not great but good enough.
Went to the RSL ex players, coaches, life members and supporters. we were there for at least 1 hour when about 70% of the players and committee, just got up and left.
No acknowledgement of Old Boys day or the Gary Sprit Turner award.
When the coach was asked where's players player, not my job they already have done it, I beg to differ on that one....
so to the committee and coach(head coach) this lands on your heads I believe, you are the ones who needed to direct the club on its path using whatever means available, yes we know the stories money is tight, but there are ways to get around this, engagement with your previous players, coaches and life members would have been a good way to start. Going by this I think you have all dropped the ball big time, lets see if you have the strength to pick it up.............

I think everyone is forgetting, if wallsend win newfm there is no relegation. or have things changed that i dont know about...

cobra23
13-07-2015, 10:37 AM
I think everyone is forgetting, if wallsend win newfm there is no relegation. or have things changed that i dont know about...

Sorry fellas have not heard of newfm scores for a few weeks, i did not realize that the wheels have fallen off from the wallsend bus ... my bad..

Bremsstrahlung
13-07-2015, 10:39 AM
I played all bar 1 year of my senior football at southy.
The first thing my coach said to me when I started 19s at the club was "we've made the semis in this comp for x years. We are gonna make it again this year".
My first year at the club, the committee were some of the most committed people I've come across. They loved the club and put so much into it, they were at training most nights, game day and at the post match functions at the old iron horse and then rsl. I'd spent one year at another club and southy was all over them in terms of club morale and comraderie. From the first training session we had instilled into us that nobody rated us, we were southy, the underdogs, we didn't have the skill or money or prestige as some of the clubs, we needed to make up for it with determination, body on the line stuff, play physical and work for your team mates. Everyone at the club bought into this. There was a strong sense of pride, all the squads encouraged eachother. It was a great club to be a part of.
I had many great years there, semis every year and a minor premiership and gf in my final year until work commitments forced me to move. But I pains me to see a club that I remember to be full of grit and determination, seemingly lie down. From the games I manage to get to when I can, there's not that fight there anymore. If you lose it, win it back. Win your man on man battles. Siege mentality stuff every week.
It's been a really tough few years I know with committee restructuring and a passing of the guard as such, but I dunno, I valued playing for southy, we yelled that song as loud as we could, with pride.
I hope they can get out of this.

Jardelsimage
13-07-2015, 11:05 AM
I normally do the functions after the game, I had a personal engagement to attend, other committee were aware of this, I can only do so much

I know that buddy, take you and out what no one does anything, that's part of the problem...and aren't you meant to be retired a couple of years ago

ForeverRed
13-07-2015, 11:12 AM
You sound like my wife

Jardelsimage
13-07-2015, 11:13 AM
I played all bar 1 year of my senior football at southy.
The first thing my coach said to me when I started 19s at the club was "we've made the semis in this comp for x years. We are gonna make it again this year".
My first year at the club, the committee were some of the most committed people I've come across. They loved the club and put so much into it, they were at training most nights, game day and at the post match functions at the old iron horse and then rsl. I'd spent one year at another club and southy was all over them in terms of club morale and comraderie. From the first training session we had instilled into us that nobody rated us, we were southy, the underdogs, we didn't have the skill or money or prestige as some of the clubs, we needed to make up for it with determination, body on the line stuff, play physical and work for your team mates. Everyone at the club bought into this. There was a strong sense of pride, all the squads encouraged eachother. It was a great club to be a part of.
I had many great years there, semis every year and a minor premiership and gf in my final year until work commitments forced me to move. But I pains me to see a club that I remember to be full of grit and determination, seemingly lie down. From the games I manage to get to when I can, there's not that fight there anymore. If you lose it, win it back. Win your man on man battles. Siege mentality stuff every week.
It's been a really tough few years I know with committee restructuring and a passing of the guard as such, but I dunno, I valued playing for southy, we yelled that song as loud as we could, with pride.
I hope they can get out of this.

yes you are right, just very disappointing to see this happen and someone has to held accountable, who that is well that's up for debate.....

chocolate soldier
13-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Sorry fellas have not heard of newfm scores for a few weeks, i did not realize that the wheels have fallen off from the wallsend bus ... my bad..

looks like lakes and valentine will finish 1st and 2nd guys... relegation and promotion looks a certainty

Park the bus!
13-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Disappointing that you have taken to the foz to air what you think is wrong with the club and not perhaps attended a Committee meeting and had some input into how things might be improved (engagement with previous players, life members, coaches etc are all good ideas but Committee members have lives outside of running football clubs and there is a limitation to how much they can all do each week). Just because you attend a meeting and cough up some ideas doesn't mean you need to take a place on the Committee and follow through on your ideas

I understand that the bulk of the current Committee have only had 1 to 2 years involvement with the Club and had initially stepped up due to the massive workload increase coming from the new 7 team NPL format. The workload is added to by the fact that Southy doesn't have exclusive use of the ground so each youth and senior home match day there is signage and canteen setup and packup that cant be avoided. Compare this to clubs with exclusive use of the ground, with a larger volunteer base and with better funding and its easy to see why Committees like the one at Southy cant be across all the issues and can't have all the answers - Raw yes, on their heads no, they are doing the best they can with what they have inherited

The General
13-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Disappointing that you have taken to the foz to air what you think is wrong with the club and not perhaps attended a Committee meeting and had some input into how things might be improved (engagement with previous players, life members, coaches etc are all good ideas but Committee members have lives outside of running football clubs and there is a limitation to how much they can all do each week). Just because you attend a meeting and cough up some ideas doesn't mean you need to take a place on the Committee and follow through on your ideas

I understand that the bulk of the current Committee have only had 1 to 2 years involvement with the Club and had initially stepped up due to the massive workload increase coming from the new 7 team NPL format. The workload is added to by the fact that Southy doesn't have exclusive use of the ground so each youth and senior home match day there is signage and canteen setup and packup that cant be avoided. Compare this to clubs with exclusive use of the ground, with a larger volunteer base and with better funding and its easy to see why Committees like the one at Southy cant be across all the issues and can't have all the answers - Raw yes, on their heads no, they are doing the best they can with what they have inherited

Nice one. Defending the committee but not the coach or players. I think we know where this is headed - Wednesday's paper! Who will be Southy's new coach?

mervan
13-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Nice one. Defending the committee but not the coach or players. I think we know where this is headed - Wednesday's paper! Who will be Southy's new coach?

The coach is always first to go

The General
13-07-2015, 08:29 PM
The coach is always first to go
From the reports I've heard he does a real good job. I know a few players there who rate him highly. He lacks experience but no offence to Southy, wouldn't be the easiest job in the comp. I think it would be tough with some under performing senior players who are engrained in the club and probably need to finish up. Plus their injury, absentee, lack of finances prevent any recruiting of quality which makes it hard. It's a tough job coaching, results driven business - someone has to be accountable and unfortunately it's normally the coach (takes longer in Stubbins case!)

ForeverRed
13-07-2015, 08:56 PM
Just wondering why "it would be the easiest job" ?

The General
13-07-2015, 09:03 PM
Just wondering why "it would be the easiest job" ?

If you read carefully I said wouldn't be the easiest. Obviously the club have had issues competing financially with others in the comp - inability to draw quality players to the club. It must be hard without the committees backing also ForeverRed - your not exactly defending him.

Jardelsimage
13-07-2015, 09:25 PM

well, as I said originally, I have done the hard yards at Southy, good times and bad, committee 14 years, player 240+ games, life member, so I think I am entitled to speak on the gunners.
questions have been asked, and yes I have suggested ways to leave signage up during winter over the years, quite easy actually and other improvements over the years.
yes we all have a life outside of football, mine hasn't stopped, moved on when I became to old to play and went to CCFC as a player and committee member and currently still involved, might as well add coaching to that list, but my love of the gunners has never faulted.........
don't blame exclusive use of the ground, been doing it for years and yes not perfect, but it has worked....
I also see you haven't taken offence to anything involving the players or coach, is there a reason for that?

you can be disappointed all you like, but I've been told all year it's ok, we will be alright etc etc, well it's not alright we are realistically going down.....so its on someone's head.....
maybe you can tell us who to blame.......

Newsfeed
13-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Only so much a head coach can do. Maybe its some of Southys officials who need to accept some blame for their likely fate!

ForeverRed
13-07-2015, 09:29 PM
There's no issues with the coach, having 7 first graders unavailable through long term injury over 6 weeks is the issue, finances are fine by the way, as for attracting quality players, all our players are quality players, not mercenaries, there's still a long way to go, good committees let the coach coach

Football life
13-07-2015, 10:11 PM
There's no issues with the coach, having 7 first graders unavailable through long term injury over 6 weeks is the issue, finances are fine by the way, as for attracting quality players, all our players are quality players, not mercenaries, there's still a long way to go, good committees let the coach coach
Players like Darr and Clerky for example I would not consider "quality players" not at NPL level. Watched them play the GF against Wallsend a few years ago and they were dominated. You are right though, injuries are the main factor in this. Coach can only take so much blame.
It will be sad to see Southy relegated but I can't see any other way!

mervan
13-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Players like Darr and Clerky for example I would not consider "quality players" not at NPL level. Watched them play the GF against Wallsend a few years ago and they were dominated. You are right though, injuries are the main factor in this. Coach can only take so much blame.
It will be sad to see Southy relegated but I can't see any other way!

It's a money league, the points system has had little impact, I do not believe that there is an even spread of talent across the league.

Football life
13-07-2015, 10:20 PM
It's a money league, the points system has had little impact, I do not believe that there is an even spread of talent across the league.

The points system is a shamble. IMO the league was a lot stronger 5-10 years ago when there was 1st grade, reserve grade etc. It's all about youth and that's understandable but it's not making much difference, if any.

Stanley
14-07-2015, 09:59 AM
I’m only new to the forum but I thought I just had to get things off my chest, totally agree with you Jardel, as a football supporter I have seen the South Cardiff of old slowly decline. The professionalism of the old regime is long gone, there former committee and coaches had the respect of the whole competition and the local South Cardiff community on and off the park. This combined with strong personalities ensured a competitive and well operated club / team, while not at the game on Sunday (looking after grandkids) sources tell me the whole day including the treatment of the old boys was a disgrace.

ForeverRed
14-07-2015, 10:16 AM
What a joke, I personally spoke to and greeted every old boy in attendance, and I mean everyone in attendance, all were happy to be there and enjoyed the day despite the poor weather, you best make that your first and last post champ and stop speaking out your arse

cobra23
14-07-2015, 10:24 AM
I’m only new to the forum but I thought I just had to get things off my chest, totally agree with you Jardel, as a football supporter I have seen the South Cardiff of old slowly decline. The professionalism of the old regime is long gone, there former committee and coaches had the respect of the whole competition and the local South Cardiff community on and off the park. This combined with strong personalities ensured a competitive and well operated club / team, while not at the game on Sunday (looking after grandkids) sources tell me the whole day including the treatment of the old boys was a disgrace.

Leave your in house garbage to yourself, or fight between each other at a board meeting (if you have them)...
From another clubs perspective the life members at southy or who ever you guys think you are , are now kicking the shit out of a horse that is down.
bagging your own club on a local forum is ridiculous...
Here is where i feel sorry for guys like forevered, he is someone who comes on here and backs his club through thick and thin, we might argue sometimes but the forum users have the upmost respect for the guy, but you other guys are shambles big time...

cobra23
14-07-2015, 10:27 AM
QUOTE=ForeverRed;127943]What a joke, I personally spoke to and greeted every old boy in attendance, and I mean everyone in attendance, all were happy to be there and enjoyed the day despite the poor weather, you best make that your first and last post champ and stop speaking out your arse[/QUOTE]

:sparring: Get stuck in forever...

ForeverRed
14-07-2015, 10:38 AM
I'm fighting to the end until it's mathematically impossible, forward we march

Jardelsimage
14-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Leave your in house garbage to yourself, or fight between each other at a board meeting (if you have them)...
From another clubs perspective the life members at southy or who ever you guys think you are , are now kicking the shit out of a horse that is down.
bagging your own club on a local forum is ridiculous...
Here is where i feel sorry for guys like forevered, he is someone who comes on here and backs his club through thick and thin, we might argue sometimes but the forum users have the upmost respect for the guy, but you other guys are shambles big time...

missed the point cobra, at the ground FR who is supposed to be retired from this, once again outdid himself meeting every old boy as he said. The problem is, as I said before, questions have been asked all year and the same answers came back, we will be alright. That in my mind needs to be addressed, someone needs to put there hand up and take the rap for where we are now and yes i believe they have board meetings or is that only for the elite...
If you want me to stand up for Southy as FR does, well not a good idea as most of the trophy hunting clubs in this town(ie: fattest wallets), who come and grab our local lads as young as 8-9, and now girls, might not like what I have to say........do you want me to go on........
Old mate Stanley who posted, the old boys were treated well up until we went to the RSL...that's when it went downhill, sorry for misleading you on that

cobra23
14-07-2015, 11:32 AM
missed the point cobra, at the ground FR who is supposed to be retired from this, once again outdid himself meeting every old boy as he said. The problem is, as I said before, questions have been asked all year and the same answers came back, we will be alright. That in my mind needs to be addressed, someone needs to put there hand up and take the rap for where we are now and yes i believe they have board meetings or is that only for the elite...
If you want me to stand up for Southy as FR does, well not a good idea as most of the trophy hunting clubs in this town(ie: fattest wallets), who come and grab our local lads as young as 8-9, and now girls, might not like what I have to say........do you want me to go on........
Old mate Stanley who posted, the old boys were treated well up until we went to the RSL...that's when it went downhill, sorry for misleading you on that

Your missing my point,
For the respect of the club you should argue this somewhere else, NOT ON A LOCAL FORUM... :deadhorse:

Tonester
14-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Glad to see the Azzuri bashing has stopped although must admit a lot was well deserved!Sorry you've taken over the mantle Southy.

Imyourhero
14-07-2015, 12:12 PM
It's funny how as a team drops to the bottom there is all of a sudden a club in shambles. Azzuri, Southy etc. Could it not just be a case of atm every other team is playing better football than southy? Plain and dry. Somebody has to come last.

Bremsstrahlung
14-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Glad to see the Azzuri bashing has stopped although must admit a lot was well deserved!Sorry you've taken over the mantle Southy.

I think it's more so there's a few passionate supporters of the club disappointed at the looming prospect.
If there was an occasion to step up, old boys day, against a team your directly fighting with to stay up, that was it. And I don't know as I wasn't there, but I've heard there wasn't as much fight as you'd usually associate with the South Cardiff Gunners.

Still think azzurri is in a worse position as a club with their fearless leader at the helm.

Stanley
14-07-2015, 02:12 PM
The looming prospect was around prior to June 30 and nothing changed, for those that don’t know the relevance of June 30, its registration deadline, surely some quality bench players at other clubs come to mind, Berlin, Tippett, Canli, Koina, Woods and even Hodgo might have been an option.

De-Champ
14-07-2015, 04:20 PM
I have seen South Cardiff play a couple of times this year. The seem to be able to pass the ball around pretty well, for my mind they are missing a quality striker or two.

mervan
14-07-2015, 07:58 PM
It's funny how as a team drops to the bottom there is all of a sudden a club in shambles. Azzuri, Southy etc. Could it not just be a case of atm every other team is playing better football than southy? Plain and dry. Somebody has to come last.

To consistently stay up in this league you need money, you can only punch above your weight for so long. The club needs serious sponsorship to get effective cattle.

There are not that many club people playing, the top players in this league have generally had 3 or 4 clubs, as they have had 2 or 3 jobs over this time, it's the modern way, money talks in this era unfortunately for the romantic.

Newsfeed
14-07-2015, 08:20 PM
To consistently stay up in this league you need money, you can only punch above your weight for so long. The club needs serious sponsorship to get effective cattle.

There are not that many club people playing, the top players in this league have generally had 3 or 4 clubs, as they have had 2 or 3 jobs over this time, it's the modern way, money talks in this era unfortunately for the romantic.

Alot of money did Maitland no good this year. Won't make be playing finals football in any of their 7 NPL teams.

mervan
14-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Alot of money did Maitland no good this year. Won't make be playing finals football in any of their 7 NPL teams.

I think your goal when you come up after being down in NewFM for so long is to stay up, that I believe would be there realistic goal.

The Magician
15-07-2015, 12:14 AM
Can someone from South Cardiff update sporting pulse for U22's and U19's... NPL Clubs have 3 grades playing on the senior match day.

Imyourhero
16-07-2015, 02:51 PM
With Maitland 5 points ahead of Southy with 5 games to go, how many points do we think Maitland need to realistically secure Southy not catching them.

Maitland play weston, adamstown, charly, jaffas, olympic
Southy play olympic, magic, edgy, adamstown, jaffas

Southy in theory have a much tougher run there.

NewyTy
16-07-2015, 03:00 PM
With Maitland 5 points ahead of Southy with 5 games to go, how many points do we think Maitland need to realistically secure Southy not catching them.

Maitland play weston, adamstown, charly, jaffas, olympic
Southy play olympic, magic, edgy, adamstown, jaffas

Southy in theory have a much tougher run there.

In my opinion I can't see Southy getting any more points this season. They've got a tough run against some very strong sides and it wouldn't be a surprise to see them lose all five. I can see Maitland beating Charlestown and maybe Adamstown at home but that's about it. I could be wrong though.

De-Champ
16-07-2015, 03:37 PM
In my opinion I can't see Southy getting any more points this season. They've got a tough run against some very strong sides and it wouldn't be a surprise to see them lose all five. I can see Maitland beating Charlestown and maybe Adamstown at home but that's about it. I could be wrong though.

Charlestown is not an easy game. They are a better side than where they are on the table. As regards southy having a tougher remaining schedule, I think it is much of a muchness.

ForeverRed
17-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Hope Olympic have the covers on for tomorrow's game, it's cloudy out

hamburgler
17-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Hope Olympic have the covers on for tomorrow's game, it's cloudy out

Will be the same at Magic FR, preserving the pitch at all cost for the FFA Cup!

ForeverRed
18-07-2015, 04:56 PM
The worst refereeing in history,

Newsfeed
18-07-2015, 05:28 PM
The worst refereeing in history,
Game review FR?

magician
18-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Game review FR?
Agreed. Southy showed great character coming back from 2-0 down with 10 men.
3-3 full time.
Olympics season slowly slipping away

ForeverRed
18-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Game review FR?
Had the better of chances early on but usual story, failed to convert, olympic scored of a well constructed move down their right for swan to finish of the cross, one nil at half time, second half thought we controlled the game with numerous ventures into olympic penalty box, olympic score against the run of play from some sloppy defending, 20 minutes left and Jarryd Johnson received second yellow, thought the flood gates could open but I was wrong, some tough tackling and poor defending see the gunners get one back through Sam Parker, then we receive a dubious penalty but happy to accept it, 2 all, from here on in its open slather as both teams open up through the middle, gunners are tiring quickly and olympic score their 3rd and what seemed to be the winner but an own goal from olympic from great pressure and tenacity see the gunners equalise, olympic receive a dubious penalty which sees the gunners coaching staff cleared from the bench, Tom pullin saves with his feet and it finishes 3 all, suprised by Olympics tactics goin 3 up front when gunners went to 10 men and 2 nil up, left a bit of room through the middle, standard of officiating left a lot to be desired, poor to say the least against both teams, well done gunners a point in the right direction

hawk
18-07-2015, 09:22 PM
The Magpies take on fourth-placed Weston in the Coalfields derby still angry over a tackle from Troy Hearfield which effectively ended the season of stalwart midfielder Justin Broadley.
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3219224/tackle-anger-spices-up-coalfields-derby/?cs=306

Maito fired up?

Blueboy
18-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Had the better of chances early on but usual story, failed to convert, olympic scored of a well constructed move down their right for swan to finish of the cross, one nil at half time, second half thought we controlled the game with numerous ventures into olympic penalty box, olympic score against the run of play from some sloppy defending, 20 minutes left and Jarryd Johnson received second yellow, thought the flood gates could open but I was wrong, some tough tackling and poor defending see the gunners get one back through Sam Parker, then we receive a dubious penalty but happy to accept it, 2 all, from here on in its open slather as both teams open up through the middle, gunners are tiring quickly and olympic score their 3rd and what seemed to be the winner but an own goal from olympic from great pressure and tenacity see the gunners equalise, olympic receive a dubious penalty which sees the gunners coaching staff cleared from the bench, Tom pullin saves with his feet and it finishes 3 all, suprised by Olympics tactics goin 3 up front when gunners went to 10 men and 2 nil up, left a bit of room through the middle, standard of officiating left a lot to be desired, poor to say the least against both teams, well done gunners a point in the right direction
Nice review, can't wait for your reviews next year in the New Fm, was it called for, when you told an Olympic player to eat another pie ? After he scored?

Beast
19-07-2015, 02:50 PM
So Southy took 7 of the 9 points on offer off Olympic who were playing at home. Bet that didn't go down well

outsider
19-07-2015, 04:19 PM
What kind of dickhead would bog a roller on a football field between games?

ForeverRed
19-07-2015, 04:37 PM
What kind of dickhead would bog a roller on a football field between games?

was it the one and only

outsider
19-07-2015, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=ForeverRed;128461]was it the one and only[/QUO
cant think who that might be-

maybe a higher authority needs to field this

Tonester
19-07-2015, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=ForeverRed;128461]was it the one and only[/QUO
cant think who that might be-

maybe a higher authority needs to field this
Was that at Whitebridge?

outsider
19-07-2015, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=outsider;128462]
Was that at Whitebridge?

how many clubs have a dickhead with a roller

magician
19-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Weston 0 maitland 0
Edgeworth 0 atown 2
Magic 0 jaffas 2

winner
19-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Nice review, can't wait for your reviews next year in the New
Fm, was it called for, when you told an Olympic player to eat another pie ? After he scored?

Very distasteful brad

mervan
19-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Weston 0 maitland 0
Edgeworth 0 atown 2
Magic 0 jaffas 2

Everyone at magic feeling the pinch, coaches in all three grades had to be spoken to by the central referee, looks like the return of the prodigal son is inevitable.

mervan
19-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Very distasteful brad

I love one of his posts this week quote " let the coaches coach", short memory just ask Piggott. Possibly why there gone

stopper2
19-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Everyone at magic feeling the pinch, coaches in all three grades had to be spoken to by the central referee, looks like the return of the prodigal son is inevitable.

Just curious, who is the "prodigal son"?

Surely Virgili would be under a bit of pressure now, brought in big name signings Bradbery, Fajkovic and Finlayson but looks likely to miss out on the top four!

On another note heard a rumour that Foley could be heading over to Jaffas next season!

mervan
19-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Just curious, who is the "prodigal son"?

Surely Virgili would be under a bit of pressure now, brought in big name signings Bradbery, Fajkovic and Finlayson but looks likely to miss out on the top four!

On another note heard a rumour that Foley could be heading over to Jaffas next season!

Smith is the prodigal son, the jobs always his if he wants it, apparently.

Heard the same rumour, surely the jaffas will do there due diligence

stopper2
19-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Smith is the prodigal son, the jobs always his if he wants it, apparently.

Heard the same rumour, surely the jaffas will do there due diligence

Had a feeling you meant Smith.

Yeah pretty sure this is Foley's third season at Edgey, which going by his past would signal that it's time for him to move on elsewhere. Seems to last 2-3 years max at the one club.

mervan
19-07-2015, 11:17 PM
Had a feeling you meant Smith.

Yeah pretty sure this is Foley's third season at Edgey, which going by his past would signal that it's time for him to move on elsewhere. Seems to last 2-3 years max at the one club.

I thought he parted ways with edgy last season, I haven't been to any of there games so can't confirm, btw I don't go,that far on my holidays lol

NewyTy
19-07-2015, 11:29 PM
I thought he parted ways with edgy last season, I haven't been to any of there games so can't confirm, btw I don't go,that far on my holidays lol

He did. Damien Zane is coach this season, not sure where Foley is right now.

Why Blue
20-07-2015, 04:31 PM
He did. Damien Zane is coach this season, not sure where Foley is right now.

Coaching Newcastle U:12's
But I did spot him at edden a few weeks back when CCB played there

fan atic
20-07-2015, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=Tonester;128472]

how many clubs have a dickhead with a roller
Of course it would be one vertical challenged at white bridge,
the only without brains that would attempt to roll a water logged ground.

winner
23-07-2015, 08:19 AM
I read in the paper yesterday that edgeworth are trying to get a special dispensation from nnsw to sign a new keeper for 3 weeks until young fogarty is playing again. Do people think this should be granted? Or should the rules be strictly enforced with no players being allowes to sign after June 30. I know they are having a great year and this could ruin their season. But should that be a factor in the decision. I personally think it should be rejected

Beast
23-07-2015, 08:47 AM
Isn't that the idea of having lower grades. Or they just don't rate there lower grade keeper.

MFKS
23-07-2015, 08:51 AM
I read in the paper yesterday that edgeworth are trying to get a special dispensation from nnsw to sign a new keeper for 3 weeks until young fogarty is playing again. Do people think this should be granted? Or should the rules be strictly enforced with no players being allowes to sign after June 30. I know they are having a great year and this could ruin their season. But should that be a factor in the decision. I personally think it should be rejected
So I take it then Magic should also be able to go sign someone as Piddo has busted ribs and Jonny Griff is suspended for 2 weeks and Kanta is gone for the season and their options at CB are Benny Higgins and no one??

Of course they shouldn't.

Someone in their squad will have to adapt and play out of position or they have to promote from their 22's to fill the void.

Same with Edgy.

NNSW made the Jets Yoof play with Dino Faj and Galloway in goals for 3-4 games one year as they wouldn't bend the rules for them.
Ironically a couple of those games were because Fogarty was sent off and suspended

They either promote the 22's keeper or stick one of their players in their first grade squad nets for the next couple of weeks