weston
southy

prawnhead
10-01-2015, 04:53 PM
jaffas
olympic
weston
southy

Who have Southy signed FR? I heard they lost Byrnes which will be a big loss as he scored most of your goals last year. Also Gazzard leaving will be a big loss - you guys scored plenty over the years from his long throws. Based on where you finished last year and those couple of losses 4th spot is a big call IMO. Good luck with the season though.

Newy
10-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Teams don't always need to bring players in to do well.
Weston are usually written off every year but again proved the doubters wrong.
Could see Southy doing the same.

Football life
10-01-2015, 07:34 PM
My top 4 are
Jaffas
Weston
Magic
Maitland

Boss
10-01-2015, 08:16 PM
My top 4 are
Jaffas
Weston
Magic
Maitland

Same ^^

I changed my user name
10-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Lots of people taking Maitland for top 4 .

There coach in paper last week sounding very confident , perhaps even a bit to confident this early in pre season .

I too hope they go well also as freshness is great for competition but it might be a bit tougher than they are anticipating .

Certainly going to be an interesting season what with them and a strong looking Magic again and you would be expecting a good year out of Olympic .

And then you have still got the top three of last year Jets , Jaffas and Weston who will all be expecting to win it or be very close .

still got edgy , Adamstown , Azzuri and Southy who ain't even getting a mention so looking like fighting out for last place if most people are right .

I would not like to name a winner yet so think I will remain firmly on my garden fence and say good luck to all teams .

Blueboy
11-01-2015, 09:43 AM
Magic
Olympic
Jaffas
Weston

wannabe
11-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Magic
Jaffas
Olympic
Weston
Adamstown
Edgy
Azzurri
Maitland
Jets
Southy
Sorry foreverred just my opinion mate, hope your guys prove me wrong. Would much rather see thr jets run last

11-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Is it a cultural development for Jets fans to be negative to all Jets teams or has this attitude always been
a stumbling block for Newy football?
A club should be seeking success throughout its development squads and any success should be welcomed and embraced
By jets fans, regardless of the club side they affiliate to.
I hope they do well, it can only be good for our game here.Certainly finishing bottom would be the reverse.
Mind you, I hope my club side beat em,but they beat everyone else.

Blueblood
11-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Magic
Jaffas
Blues
Edgy
Olympic
Weston
Maitland
Jets
Southy n Buds to fight out the spoon. Will tip Southy to survive. Tight knit bunch and coach has the respect of the players which goes a long way.

Newy
11-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Buds have made some big name signings.

boz-monaut
11-01-2015, 07:43 PM
should we close the player movement thread and keep all discussions of the NPL here?

hawk
11-01-2015, 07:56 PM
yep

Tommyjet
11-01-2015, 08:12 PM
https://twitter.com/caineynbn/status/554185438890446849

boz-monaut
11-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Rosebuds to make the big announcement tomorrow - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=818794411519539&id=231732013559118&fref=nf

ForeverRed
11-01-2015, 08:46 PM
signed garry kenneth, 27 year old scot who played a couple of games for scotland, central defender who is currently playing pub league in scotland

Tommyjet
11-01-2015, 08:52 PM
160 odd games for dundee utd

I changed my user name
11-01-2015, 09:11 PM
signed garry kenneth, 27 year old scot who played a couple of games for scotland, central defender who is currently playing pub league in scotland

Does not beat the conveyor belt of talent coming out the chicken farm does it FR ? ha ha .

I changed my user name
11-01-2015, 09:12 PM
That is great news if true that Adamstown have signed that player from the UK. Another great addition to the local comp.

Keep it coming teams , looking like a great season ahead.

MFKS
11-01-2015, 10:41 PM
That is great news if true that Adamstown have signed that player from the UK. Another great addition to the local comp.

Keep it coming teams , looking like a great season ahead.

If its true it means the Buds have signed a bloke who marked Ibra in his international début

Ibra scored of course

wannabe
12-01-2015, 01:24 PM
From all the player movements discussed on here can anyone start trying to name a top 15 player list from each club. I'll start it off with the favourites magic.
Archibald
Griffiths
Piddington
Virgilli
Higgins
Kantarovski
Hoole
Casceroli
Pettit
Haynes
Berlin
Fajkovic
Bradbury
Tippett
Finlayson

That is probably magics best 15. Any other clubs?

Moley
12-01-2015, 02:55 PM
What makes magic favourites ..... they finished second bottom last year.......... signed a few decent players but so have most the teams at the top.

MFKS
12-01-2015, 03:04 PM
What makes magic favourites ..... they finished second bottom last year.......... signed a few decent players but so have most the teams at the top.

That the 3 years before that with by and large the same group of players they won the thing.

Form is temporary class is permanent and all that shit.

Blueblood
12-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Wow. Have they got enough strikers. I sure hope Faj n a few others don't mind spending time on the bench.

Dunno if the clubs will post their top 15 Wanabe but nice try!!!

wannabe
12-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Wow. Have they got enough strikers. I sure hope Faj n a few others don't mind spending time on the bench.

Lol,wasn't expecting clubs to post their top 15 blueblood,was more asking people on here to have a shot at guessing ckubs top 15. But if foreverred wants to give us his top 15 I won't complain. Over to you FR

magician
13-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Lol,wasn't expecting clubs to post their top 15 blueblood,was more asking people on here to have a shot at guessing ckubs top 15. But if foreverred wants to give us his top 15 I won't complain. Over to you FR
What's your beloved Olympics top 15

cobra23
13-01-2015, 09:10 AM
From all the player movements discussed on here can anyone start trying to name a top 15 player list from each club. I'll start it off with the favourites magic.
Archibald
Griffiths
Piddington
Virgilli
Higgins
Kantarovski
Hoole
Casceroli
Pettit
Haynes
Berlin
Fajkovic
Bradbury
Tippett
Finlayson

Murray Fletcher needs to slot in there some where as well.

cobra23
13-01-2015, 09:13 AM

You got to remember there is 3 to 4 of them coming to the end part of there hay day.. so the sigings are probably more for future and stability..

wannabe
13-01-2015, 10:56 AM
What's your beloved Olympics top 15
My beloved Olympic. I think you should go back and check some of your posts and then re comment about your beloved olympic

magician
13-01-2015, 11:49 AM
My beloved Olympic. I think you should go back and check some of your posts and then re comment about your beloved olympic
I couldn't careless who their top 15 is. As long as they put in a lot better showing then last year I'll be happy

The Magician
13-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Rosebuds in paper state they have plenty of points left , with all there star signings.
Give them a calculator quick, news flash its 200 point in 2015, not 280 what they got in 2014.
Surely Musialik, bates and the Scotsman would be close to 20+ points each?????? let alone Matty Paul and the rest

Today's Herald states that Adamstown think they will avoid the Visa penalty for Bates because he has secured a skilled temporary visa... Last time i checked a visa was a visa, how can they not think they will attract the penalty. NNSWF wake up and don't let them pull the wool over your eyes like so many other clubs have regarding homegrown players, these situations continue to make the PPS a joke.

I changed my user name
13-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Aah the points system debate , now this was good fun last year about this time as the clubs attempt to get everything signed off by Northern.

Magician who exactly are you pointing to when you make the statement about clubs pulling the wool over Notherns eyes last year ?

The Magician
13-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Edgeworth... Azzuri.. claiming players that had switched from Magic U19's and U22's as home grown players. claiming players for years of service longer than they were at the club for. The continuing double standards of players leaving the jets, some attracting the switching player penalty while others are not or its half applied. The list goes on... and on.. and on...

But the main thing is the dishonestly and conniving of the clubs to attempt it, blatant and totally lacking in integrity in administration. It's obvious that most clubs have no idea who have played for them and for how long.

I changed my user name
13-01-2015, 01:20 PM
I had a view on this points debate last year and the best solution and it is as follows:

All clubs get a list of each teams submitted 20 man pool and the points allocated to each player . They then have time to put together a list of any concerns or questions they may want answered and a date is set for someone to represent their clubs in a round table environment where all clubs must be in attendance allow with a Northern committee .

At this meeting each team presents their list and the clubs have an opportunity too raise these concerns in a professional environment and if not happy with the answers this goes to Northern to make a decision on.

But hey this is just a sensible idea so I would fully expect it to not be seen as a good idea :-) ... Or we could just all bitch about it on hear which is much more fun Ha Ha

I changed my user name
13-01-2015, 01:45 PM
no bitching required
either:
1- follow the rules with the player point system, and stop all the creative accounting, jobs offered to players, external sponsorships,running youth academies, freebies, etc
or
2- Make it a free for all, and every club can sign, buy, and pay for who you can and want to win a $80 cup, also recieve the poor prize monies on offer, which doesnt cover you clubs entry into the competition..
The common denominator here is- THE SAME, it is currently happening

Why did you even bother tagging my post with your response as yours has no relevance to my point I made . Other than teh fact that you are bitching in your point 1. even though you say no bitching required ?

I was simply trying to offer a solution to the problem , I have no idea what clubs are offering in pay , jobs , holidays or whatever else (which may i add is not against any the competition rules) but i do agree that the points system is slack at best and needs resolving.

I changed my user name
13-01-2015, 03:28 PM
i wasnt having a dig, just merely stating that either way- with or without point systems, there are ways to manipulate to suit.
thats it!
deep breath

All good , thanks. I guess there are ways to manipulate everything in life , just ask my mother n law !!!!

hawk
13-01-2015, 05:01 PM
no bitching required
either:
1- follow the rules with the player point system, and stop all the creative accounting, jobs offered to players, external sponsorships,running youth academies, freebies, etc
or
2- Make it a free for all, and every club can sign, buy, and pay for who you can and want to win a $80 cup, also recieve the poor prize monies on offer, which doesnt cover you clubs entry into the competition..
The common denominator here is- THE SAME, it is currently happening

1. Teams will not follow No1.

2. As soon as there are guidlines most teams will step over them to get an advantage.

3. Never underestimate trophy hunters

Good luck to all teams including those bending the rules without getting caught. At least nnsw have tried.

Flint_tropics
13-01-2015, 05:52 PM
South cardiff senior squad from their website.

Tye Ansell, Lee Ashton, Ash Balcomb, Alex Brandrick, Drew Chapman, Sean Clerke, Todd Cawley, Matt Darr
Matt Grey, Hayden Hempson, Cameron Herring, Daniel Johnson, Jarrod Johnson, Dean Kelley, Sam Parker
Stuart Pratt, Fletcher Price, Tom Pullin (GK), Nick Russell – Club Captain, Nathan Stevens, Clayton Stocker
Cameron Treweek, Guy Wahlstedt, Mitch Wallace, Kyle Walters, Brad Waters, Daniel Wells.

MFKS
13-01-2015, 06:18 PM

Tye Ansell, Lee Ashton, Ash Balcomb, Alex Brandrick, Drew Chapman, Sean Clerke, Todd Cawley, Matt Darr
Matt Grey, Hayden Hempson, Cameron Herring, Daniel Johnson, Jarrod Johnson, Dean Kelley, Sam Parker
Stuart Pratt, Fletcher Price, Tom Pullin (GK), Nick Russell – Club Captain, Nathan Stevens, Clayton Stocker
Cameron Treweek, Guy Wahlstedt, Mitch Wallace, Kyle Walters, Brad Waters, Daniel Wells.

Top 4 side surely???

ForeverRed
13-01-2015, 06:53 PM

Not even close

Blueboy
13-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Not even closeLet's hope for Southys sake. That squad wouldn't make the semis in 23s

ForeverRed
13-01-2015, 09:36 PM
10 of that squad played last year and beat magic , weston , Jaffas & olympic, be careful what you say you make a goose of yourself

MFKS
13-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Let's hope for Southys sake. That squad wouldn't make the semis in 23s

Probably because they are much better than that level. :tongue:

Amateur grade trolling trying to stir FR up like that and all.

What the ****s FR ever done to you ****s to make you want to bait him at every opportunity??
Bloke bends his back and puts in for football in Newy and you blokes just want to lay shit on him for doing so.

Not impressed

Bremsstrahlung
13-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Let's hope for Southys sake. That squad wouldn't make the semis in 23s

Quite a few of them won 23's 2 years ago.

Bremsstrahlung
13-01-2015, 09:50 PM
be careful what you say you may make a goose of yourself

Too late.

ForeverRed
13-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the support

MFKS
13-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the support
Your welcome anytime

ForeverRed
14-01-2015, 05:28 AM
No more from me, I'm done

Blueboy
14-01-2015, 06:12 AM
Probably because they are much better than that level. :tongue:

Amateur grade trolling trying to stir FR up like that and all.

What the ****s FR ever done to you ****s to make you want to bait him at every opportunity??
Bloke bends his back and puts in for football in Newy and you blokes just want to lay shit on him for doing so.

Not impressed

Sorry I forgot that your the only one that can have an opinion and your always right. I'll keep it too myself from now on.

I changed my user name
14-01-2015, 08:38 AM
Why are you done forever red ?

You take a bit stick but you also give your bit back .

Don't give it out if not willing to receive is my view or just ignore certain posters

Newy
14-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Magic
Edgeworth
Weston
Adamstown
Azzurri
Jaffas
Olympic
Maitland
Southy
Jets

Bremsstrahlung
14-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Magic
Jaffas
Olympic
Maitland
Weston
Southy
Adamstown
Edgy
Highfields Charlestown City Azzurri Blue Wolves FC.
Jets

wannabe
14-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Guy Bates - Marquee player as his last club was in t

he top league in Ireland therefore 0 points.
Doesn't matter what visa he is on.

Isn't it only one marquee player per club. So they can't have bates and musialik as marquees

The Magician
14-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Guy Bates - Marquee player as his last club was in the top league in Ireland therefore 0 points. Doesn't matter what visa he is on.

You (adamstown) already have quoted Stuey as marquee, who is it going to be.

The Magician
14-01-2015, 11:37 AM
And this 5 starts bullshit is a farce also... im sure Stuey was on the team sheet more than 5 times for the Jets... His last club was Jets NPL should incur the same points penalty as did Mason Campbell when he moved form NPL Jets to Hamilton.

I changed my user name
14-01-2015, 12:35 PM
All experts on everyone else's clubs .... Classic

Must be Maitland and Adamstowns turn to cop it .

Jaffas getting a breather for five minutes as everyone starting to see they are good for local comp and magic getting a breather also as people now seeing they have earned there success through hard work

What's the matter everyone now a bit scared that Maitland and Adamstown are getting a bit ambitious as well and your clubs that talk loads but do nothing might be under the pump

All these know alls and grbeat coaches on here .

How anyone can slag of good quality players coming into the comp simply is defending there own nest .

The points have not even been declared yet by all teams and everyone knows who has done what on here

I trust northern to sort it all out myself .

Here is to a great season

Bremsstrahlung
14-01-2015, 12:38 PM
And this 5 starts bullshit is a farce also... im sure Stuey was on the team sheet more than 5 times for the Jets... His last club was Jets NPL should incur the same points penalty as did Mason Campbell when he moved form NPL Jets to Hamilton.

How many points did Campbell cost?
He played at Olympic for a good 3+ years before getting the gig with Jets.

The Magician
14-01-2015, 12:47 PM
How many points did Campbell cost?
He played at Olympic for a good 3+ years before getting the gig with Jets.

He was slogged the full 8 penalty points therefore he joined as 18 points minus his homegrown status from playing youth grades (probably 1-2 points) because Jets NPL and Jets NYL were considered different...

The Magician
14-01-2015, 12:59 PM
All experts on everyone else's clubs .... Classic

Must be Maitland and Adamstowns turn to cop it .

Jaffas getting a breather for five minutes as everyone starting to see they are good for local comp and magic getting a breather also as people now seeing they have earned there success through hard work

What's the matter everyone now a bit scared that Maitland and Adamstown are getting a bit ambitious as well and your clubs that talk loads but do nothing might be under the pump

All these know alls and grbeat coaches on here .

How anyone can slag of good quality players coming into the comp simply is defending there own nest .

The points have not even been declared yet by all teams and everyone knows who has done what on here

I trust northern to sort it all out myself .

Here is to a great season

No-one here is slogging the players that are coming to the competition, but there is definite issues with the implementation of the PPS and how clubs interpret plus how NNSWF administer the regulations. What is black and white for one club is grey for another, how and why should that be.

I changed my user name
14-01-2015, 01:07 PM
No-one here is slogging the players that are coming to the competition, but there is definite issues with the implementation of the PPS and how clubs interpret plus how NNSWF administer the regulations. What is black and white for one club is grey for another, how and why should that be.

I don't disagree with you magician as my previous posts points towards the points system has to be fair to work .

What I am saying is people on here don't even have any substance to their remarks or accusations as points clubs declaring are not even out yet so for me are firing blank bullets .

For example Musialik not a buds junior ... Complete nonsense

Or magic getting handed everything from northern - again nonsense

Jaffas got it last year as well and came in fine for points .

It's very amusing reading though :-)

el gringo
14-01-2015, 02:04 PM
As a long time supporter of magic/newcastle macedonia & follower of Newcastle 1st Division football for many years, I personally believe the promotion of "The Pies" is one of the best things to have happened to this competition for a long time. The support & crowds they get will be the envy of a lot of so-called "bigger clubs" this season. Who could have ever imagined that they would have pulled off a coup like Matt Thompson! I don't know much about Reece Thompson personally, but what I do know is that he is very young. We've been stuck with the same old coaches in Newcastle for so long, it is fantastic to see someone freshen things up a bit! I dare say he'll be turning a few heads if Maitland do even remotely well. Looking forward to Rd 2 already!

el gringo
14-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Archibald
Griffiths
Piddington
Virgilli
Higgins
Kantarovski
Hoole
Casceroli
Pettit
Haynes
Berlin
Fajkovic
Bradbury
Tippett
Finlayson

I think there should have been some big changes for this season after the disaster of 2014. Not enough focus on developing youth has left us with basically the same cattle as last season. Archie in goals is a great addition as I believe he is one of the best young keepers getting around. Pete Haynes & Berlin (as much as it pains me to say it) have their best days behind them and our back line isn't what it used to be. Piddo's focus on his gym work means he is much more top heavy these days and probably lacks a little pace. Higgins distribution isn't up to standard & John Griffiths doesn't play as well when he isn't in the centre of defence. Hoping I'm wrong and we can get back to where we should be as one of the top clubs in the comp.

salmon
14-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Well said amigo!
i also agree with you, regarding Maitland being promoted to NPL . about time for another team out of the H valley, all we need is to get Budgewoi in as well.
introduce, a quality club on coast, good facilities, and talent.
remove the JETS, Budgy in
Thoughts?

Definitely not the most ridiculous suggestion on here. Pity association borders would most likely prevent this from ever coming to fruition.

el gringo
14-01-2015, 02:26 PM
agree
however with CCoast Football now in Sydney NPL- the quality competition is weaker,majority of there left over players are playing in NNSW F NPL, so either a super team from the coast playing out of Budgy, or just Budgy would be ideal, it is closer than we think.
NPL Youth travel to Port or Taree to play Mid North Coast?

Great idea Mother T. I don't think it would happen for the reason that Salmon said but personally I'd be all for it!

I changed my user name
14-01-2015, 02:28 PM
As a long time supporter of magic/newcastle macedonia & follower of Newcastle 1st Division football for many years, I personally believe the promotion of "The Pies" is one of the best things to have happened to this competition for a long time. The support & crowds they get will be the envy of a lot of so-called "bigger clubs" this season. Who could have ever imagined that they would have pulled off a coup like Matt Thompson! I don't know much about Reece Thompson personally, but what I do know is that he is very young. We've been stuck with the same old coaches in Newcastle for so long, it is fantastic to see someone freshen things up a bit! I dare say he'll be turning a few heads if Maitland do even remotely well. Looking forward to Rd 2 already!

Really good post . I went to the NewFM final and the supporters of Maitland was outstanding . I hope they do well .

Also Jaffas coach David got it in the neck as well and he is doing just fine .

My younger grandson goes to a soccer school that Jobe runs and his coach is the scottish coach at Adamstown and he is a great young coach who engages superbly with the kids and clearly has ruffled a few feathers with his intensions at Adamstown already well documented and having spoken to Jobe last week this view of this coach is shared by him also as Jobe rates this coach

And in my opinion the best coach in the league is just about to enter his second season and I will watch with interest how Azzuri go this year as I remember watching Pryce as a player and even then you could tell he would make an outstanding coach .

My point being I think change is great but only as long as it's beneficial.

I changed my user name
14-01-2015, 02:34 PM
I think there should have been some big changes for this season after the disaster of 2014. Not enough focus on developing youth has left us with basically the same cattle as last season. Archie in goals is a great addition as I believe he is one of the best young keepers getting around. Pete Haynes & Berlin (as much as it pains me to say it) have their best days behind them and our back line isn't what it used to be. Piddo's focus on his gym work means he is much more top heavy these days and probably lacks a little pace. Higgins distribution isn't up to standard & John Griffiths doesn't play as well when he isn't in the centre of defence. Hoping I'm wrong and we can get back to where we should be as one of the top clubs in the comp.

Magic will be top four for sure - no questions asked

el gringo
14-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Magic will be top four for sure - no questions asked

I hope you're right!

What makes you so sure after our season last year? Change of coach?

el gringo
14-01-2015, 03:15 PM
prediction
MAGIC Top 2, especially when they sign the Macedonian- come Albanian, come Macedonian, come Albanian from Brisbane Roar, as there marquee:banned:
2014 was always going to be a bad year, watching the 3 pre season games so far under chilli and naomoff, 200% better even with half the team playing were youngsters from 17's, 19's and 22's.
including Kale, finlayson, archie and Faj, in the squad in 2015, as well as the marquee to be announced shortly- :lol:
they will be strong, so will other clubs, with there signings.
FR- any from the Centre of Excellence?

Especially when you compare last seasons preseason games to this seasons! Last seasons preseason the boys looked like they didn't want to be there. Hopefully things have turned around. Still not convinced for the reasons I said above but i'm very happy to be proven wrong! Unfortunately (like Man Utd of late) teams are no longer "afraid" of magic. A good example of that was Magic vs Southy at Wanderers last season. Hopefully the red & yellow can get their fear factor back and turn magic park into a fortress again.

Premy
14-01-2015, 04:08 PM
agree
however with CCoast Football now in Sydney NPL- the quality competition is weaker,majority of there left over players are playing in NNSW F NPL, so either a super team from the coast playing out of Budgy, or just Budgy would be ideal, it is closer than we think.
NPL Youth travel to Port or Taree to play Mid North Coast?
Definitely agree with that.

Also on the Port/Taree point I would love to see clubs from both Hasting Valley and Coffs Harbour in the top 2 division.

I've been to lazy to check K/O times, are the 1st grade games still the standard 3pm this year? I would like to get to more NPL games but majority of the time they clash with my own.
I know that the NPL players have lives as well but have Clubs looked into the option of having a 1st grade game K/O at 7pm on a Friday or Saturday night?

GazFish35
14-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Port/Taree have always struggled to get numbers of seniors willing to travel to newy.
In my youth I played for "north coast" and we never had seniors
When it folded, manning mustangs started and there was no end of issues with local clubs not wanting their better players leaving, many played local on Saturday and newcastle comp on Sundays.... This lasted about 3 years before all falling over..... With a 26-1 loss to berro.
That year I think about 8 of the 19's a squad played three games a week

Might be different now with manning and Hastings now being FMNC.

MFKS
14-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Definitely agree with that.

Also on the Port/Taree point I would love to see clubs from both Hasting Valley and Coffs Harbour in the top 2 division.

I've been to lazy to check K/O times, are the 1st grade games still the standard 3pm this year? I would like to get to more NPL games but majority of the time they clash with my own.
I know that the NPL players have lives as well but have Clubs looked into the option of having a 1st grade game K/O at 7pm on a Friday or Saturday night?

Might not be a bad idea having a Match of the Round scenario say on Friday night at a time that will allow the Football community to get out to the game as it won't conflict with their schedules

cobra23
15-01-2015, 09:32 AM

Thats a bit harsh i think, the both are them are still only 32 thats not too old, both of them are the penalty taker and free kick specialist. you have to remember last season everyone played under par, its hard to stand out if all other players are not playing well.. it was only 2-3 years ago when both of them scored 35 - 40 goals between them. plus Berlin has been put out left wing/back the last 3 years for his speed and fitness so he has a few years in him still.
And for Piddington, he is not top heavy he is very strong and still is in the top 4 defenders in the league.
For the record add up the amount of trophys and individual awards between the 3 of them.. That is the reason why they are still at magic.

el gringo
16-01-2015, 10:11 AM
Time will tell Cobra! There's only so long you can hold on to successes of the past before you need to bite the bullet and start looking at the future. Just the Gringo's opinion though!

el gringo
16-01-2015, 10:21 AM
My younger grandson goes to a soccer school that Jobe runs and his coach is the scottish coach at Adamstown and he is a great young coach who engages superbly with the kids and clearly has ruffled a few feathers with his intensions at Adamstown already well documented and having spoken to Jobe last week this view of this coach is shared by him also as Jobe rates this coach.

Ruffled some feathers may be right! I'm hearing whispers of some disharmony in the camp already and it's only preseason! Apparently there's a bunch of boys who arent too happy with his style of "player management", apparently he isn't too much of a "people person" haha. Bugger them though I say, he should stick with his guns. Personally I want to see the buds do well, it would be good for the league if they were successful.

salmon
16-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Ruffled some feathers may be right! I'm hearing whispers of some disharmony in the camp already and it's only preseason! Apparently there's a bunch of boys who arent too happy with his style of "player management", apparently he isn't too much of a "people person" haha. Bugger them though I say, he should stick with his guns. Personally I want to see the buds do well, it would be good for the league if they were successful.

To be honest I was surprised at his appointment as I have heard similar things about his first stint at the club and that his behaviour and the way he dealt with people wasn't received too well.... Everyone deserves second chances and all that I suppose?

Newy
16-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Knowing graham
I'd be suprised if that's the case... I spoke with a cpl of blokes the other day who said they were going great.. And had made some good signings ???

I changed my user name
16-01-2015, 11:29 AM

Cannot comment on the Adamstown part as I would not know if true or otherwise. I will add my thoughts on this coach though as I have watched first hand over the last few months my grandson develop under him and he is most definetly a people person and engages superbly with the children at sporty kids and he is a good coach. Perhaps he coaches the adults differently but i would imagine a successful senior coach has to have that tough streak in them to be successful otherwise the players will just run over the top of you . Do you think that Chilli or Tanch or Pryce or any other good senior coaches dont have that toughness in them ?

cobra23
16-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Time will tell Cobra! There's only so long you can hold on to successes of the past before you need to bite the bullet and start looking at the future. Just the Gringo's opinion though!

Silly Call, everyone knows you need experience and older heads in a succesful team.
take those 3 out and there is not many leaders in still a very young team.
Like i said before they are only 32 ..They are not injury prone, and they all can still play good football.

Tonester
16-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Thinking about a Central Coast team in NPL,how many Coast guys play here now?I know Valentine have a few,could we name a competitive squad?

Bremsstrahlung
16-01-2015, 12:35 PM
i would imagine a successful senior coach has to have that tough streak in them to be successful otherwise the players will just run over the top of you . Do you think that Chilli or Tanch or Pryce or any other good senior coaches dont have that toughness in them ?

Each player is different. Some respond well to "tough" "hard love", and have a point to prove and do it. Others will crumble under the constant pressure.

Personally, having played under a variety of different personalities, I performed best under a coach who will let you know it's not good enough, but will offer advice and encouragement on how to make it better an praise you when you did rectify it. Far too many coaches expect their players to be robotic, do things by the book and rarely make mistakes. While playing, I've heard opposition coaches absolutely nail their players on the field, loudly, so everyone can hear. This does absolutely no good for them. When I Captained, i found the best approach was to always be positive, as the negativity often loses you respect in some way shape or form and dashes the player's confidence. "C'mon mate, can't lose it there, let's win it back now..." "Head up, win the next one!". And a simple "good job" when they do something good, leaves everyone feeling that bit better about it. I guess that's the mental approach to coaching which is an entirely different debate.

Bremsstrahlung
16-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Thinking about a Central Coast team in NPL,how many Coast guys play here now?I know Valentine have a few,could we name a competitive squad?

No thanks.

el gringo
16-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Perhaps he coaches the adults differently but i would imagine a successful senior coach has to have that tough streak in them to be successful otherwise the players will just run over the top of you . Do you think that Chilli or Tanch or Pryce or any other good senior coaches dont have that toughness in them ?

I agree, I suppose its just all about getting that mix right! Some people just have that natural ability in terms of their demeanour and social skills, other people aren't so lucky & end up causing disharmony and unrest within their respective camps which sounds like what might be happening at the buds. Probably shouldn't read into it too much though, probably just a couple of disgruntled players who weren't good enough to make the cut!

On a different note, really excited to see how this Dundee Utd player goes! Could be one of the best signings of the league just by looking at his resume. Bit of a gamble maybe as I did wonder why he was playing pub football. Let's hope he hits the type of form that got him his national caps!

Also, Maco Cup starts soon so it'll be a good chance to see where the boys are at. Hoping can go all the way and start the season with some silverware!

I changed my user name
16-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Each player is different. Some respond well to "tough" "hard love", and have a point to prove and do it. Others will crumble under the constant pressure.

Personally, having played under a variety of different personalities, I performed best under a coach who will let you know it's not good enough, but will offer advice and encouragement on how to make it better an praise you when you did rectify it. Far too many coaches expect their players to be robotic, do things by the book and rarely make mistakes. While playing, I've heard opposition coaches absolutely nail their players on the field, loudly, so everyone can hear. This does absolutely no good for them. When I Captained, i found the best approach was to always be positive, as the negativity often loses you respect in some way shape or form and dashes the player's confidence. "C'mon mate, can't lose it there, let's win it back now..." "Head up, win the next one!". And a simple "good job" when they do something good, leaves everyone feeling that bit better about it. I guess that's the mental approach to coaching which is an entirely different debate.

Good post totally agree Bremststahlung . Player management is huge and the days of just whipping players will get you nothing apart from an unhappy bunch of players that will not roll up the sleeves for you when you need it.

There is also a line that needs drawn that the players need to know as well other wise you have the opposite effect to the above in that the players will not respect you if they have no boundaries

hawk
16-01-2015, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=Bremsstrahlung;105857] "C'mon mate, can't lose it there, let's win it back now..."QUOTE]

you'll get 110% effort after comments like this. Although you'll hear* it back when the reverse happens :)

cobra23
16-01-2015, 02:21 PM

EL GRINGO are you ZICO ??

The Magician
16-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Expansion will only happen when the Jets head to play in the NPL2 in Sydney. Fed will experiment with a 12 team comp again but most likely keep it at 10. NEWFM league will be disbanded and those clubs play in a rejigged inter-district. Fed will administer speers point, NPL and high performance programs.

The Magician
16-01-2015, 03:20 PM
CCM play in the second division, Jets wouldnt be allowed to play in the top division... The technical direction of NNSWF wants it to happen, NNSWF admin would find a way to play in the "most competitive league" available... Obviously illustrates that our own top football development officers in our region think that 2nd in sydney is better than first in newie.

De-Champ
16-01-2015, 03:27 PM
CCM play in the second division, Jets wouldnt be allowed to play in the top division... The technical direction of NNSWF wants it to happen, NNSWF admin would find a way to play in the "most competitive league" available... Obviously illustrates that our own top football development officers in our region think that 2nd in sydney is better than first in newie.

probably is

Bremsstrahlung
16-01-2015, 06:11 PM
why no thanks?
so you would rather have a jets team instead????
i would rather expand the compettion with 12 teams, and have Budgy in there,than have the jets playing and or a bye.
progression is what we need, not the bullshit dished like past 20 years

*I'm going to ignore the fact that gypos are scum in this post*

Without any clear indication it would happen, it's a bit hard to form a constructive argument against the process.
How is it progression though, if i may ask?
And how does this benefit football in NNSW?
If these players are playing here anyway, concentrating them into one team will not strengthen the competition. Besides, Central Coast are part of Football NSW, not NNSW so i doubt it would be approved anyway.
At least when the Jets screw the League over, it is somewhat forgivable as they represent the region.

Newsfeed
16-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Magic to announce BIG singing by the end of the weekend! Mcbreen???

hawk
16-01-2015, 07:47 PM
why no thanks?
so you would rather have a jets team instead????
i would rather expand the compettion with 12 teams, and have Budgy in there,than have the jets playing and or a bye.
progression is what we need, not the bullshit dished like past 20 years
FFA Cup has been the most inovative thing to date

whats wrong with a Jets side? It raises the competition level in all areas. and as mentioned the gypos belong in nsw.

I think the level of football npl is slowly evolving for the better due to the pesky jets. And it has to, this area has put provided teams that has rivalled any team in the state in years gone by and no reason why it cant hit those heights again if the whole system has a fair go.

Tonester
16-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Is he doing requests!

Zico
16-01-2015, 09:03 PM
EL GRINGO are you ZICO ??
F@ck off Cobra, there is only 1 Zico!

Tonester
16-01-2015, 09:04 PM

Bet he does a great version of the Pilot hit "Magic"

JCBT
16-01-2015, 09:17 PM

Great post

JCBT
16-01-2015, 09:26 PM
Cannot comment on the Adamstown part as I would not know if true or otherwise. I will add my thoughts on this coach though as I have watched first hand over the last few months my grandson develop under him and he is most definetly a people person and engages superbly with the children at sporty kids and he is a good coach. Perhaps he coaches the adults differently but i would imagine a successful senior coach has to have that tough streak in them to be successful otherwise the players will just run over the top of you . Do you think that Chilli or Tanch or Pryce or any other good senior coaches dont have that toughness in them ?
I can vouch for Graham as a coach with both seniors and juniors, with the seniors it may take players and other club coaches time to adjust to his style but once they understand him and the way he works they will learn plenty from the bloke.

As for his work with the kids football, my son also attends the Jobe clinics in which Graham is a coach and he is fantastic with the young fellas and gets them to respond very easily.

Give him a chance at the Buds and you will see the development of the teams he works with.

Onehunglow
16-01-2015, 10:53 PM
I can vouch for Graham as a coach with both seniors and juniors, with the seniors it may take players and other club coaches time to adjust to his style but once they understand him and the way he works they will learn plenty from the bloke.

As for his work with the kids football, my son also attends the Jobe clinics in which Graham is a coach and he is fantastic with the young fellas and gets them to respond very easily.

Give him a chance at the Buds and you will see the development of the teams he works with.

Graham Law is good value, I did the C Licence with him last year. He's committed, knowledgeable and a straight shooter, if I was still playing I think he'd be the sort of coach I'd give my all for.

ThePac
17-01-2015, 08:34 PM

Newcastle Herald said today that he would only be training with Magic. Who else could this be? Defender or Attacker?

EH9
17-01-2015, 09:02 PM
James Virgilli

Tonester
17-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Wow,that'll scare everyone.You're only as good as your team mates except on the exceptional occasion.Doubt if anyone will win this comp single handed.

wannabe
18-01-2015, 11:01 AM
James Virgilli
surely it wouldn't be virgili. Don't see how he would be the player IF they are naming him by the end of the weekend. There are still 12 A league games to go , so for magic to announce him as the new signing it would mean the jets would have had to inform him he was cut already.

BP Super Dynamos
18-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Didn't someone suggest Kurtishi?? He's been released by Brisbane. Would be a massive coup

seldom
18-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Graham Law is good value, I did the C Licence with him last year. He's committed, knowledgeable and a straight shooter, if I was still playing I think he'd be the sort of coach I'd give my all for.

self love :wub:

I changed my user name
18-01-2015, 12:08 PM

Look at me everyone .... I just cracked a joke ... Erm no , actually you just made a prat of yourself

I changed my user name
18-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Didn't someone suggest Kurtishi?? He's been released by Brisbane. Would be a massive coup

Would be a great signing for magic and for the comp , I hope it happens .

Beast
18-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Manly 4 - 1 Maitland. In trial played today at Maitland.

Blueboy
18-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Manly 4 - 1 Maitland. In trial played today at Maitland.

Did Maitland field a strong team? Any other teams having trials coming up soon?

BP Super Dynamos
18-01-2015, 07:39 PM
I only caught the 2nd 45mins (played 3x30, I think) Maitland lead 1-0 before Manly ran riot from about the 50 minute mark. Maitland took a number of players off and lacked fitness to boot. Still some work to be done, Ben Martin and Matt Thompson were notable absentees

cobra23
18-01-2015, 08:26 PM
F@ck off Cobra, there is only 1 Zico!

my man zico. good to hear from ya.
sorry bro I had not heard from you and thought maybe a name change..

Zico
18-01-2015, 09:02 PM
my man zico. good to hear from ya.
sorry bro I had not heard from you and thought maybe a name change..
All good mate. Unlike MFKS, I only post when I think it's required :thumbsup:

seldom
18-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Look at me everyone .... I just cracked a joke ... Erm no , actually you just made a prat of yourself

no joke...and 'prat' seriously

Thomas477
18-01-2015, 10:30 PM
All good mate. Unlike MFKS, I only post when I think it's required :thumbsup:

And the forum is better for it. Without MFKS, this Foz would be so boring.

el gringo
19-01-2015, 02:39 PM

Did this graham fella go and round up all his mates to vouch for him or something? Go back and read my post, I wasn't having a crack! Interesting that I must have hit a nerve to generate this type of response haha. Seriously want the buds to do well, they have a long history, I have probably watched more buds games then most people on their board over all my years of watching Newcastle football. Looks to me like some coaches need to stop worrying about what's being said on an Internet forum and get back to worrying about what's happening on the training paddock. Stop making it so obvious as to who you jokers actually are behind your internet forum names haha

I changed my user name
19-01-2015, 03:11 PM
Did this graham fella go and round up all his mates to vouch for him or something? Go back and read my post, I wasn't having a crack! Interesting that I must have hit a nerve to generate this type of response haha. Seriously want the buds to do well, they have a long history, I have probably watched more buds games then most people on their board over all my years of watching Newcastle football. Looks to me like some coaches need to stop worrying about what's being said on an Internet forum and get back to worrying about what's happening on the training paddock. Stop making it so obvious as to who you jokers actually are behind your internet forum names haha

I dont think this guy was suggesting you did El Gringo. It does not read that way to me that you were having a crack .

I do however think your last post is a little bit harsh . Here is a guy that actually puts a lot of his time into football and the local community and gives something back, and from what a few have said about being on a course with him he obviously is getting the right accreditation as well . I cannot see what he is doing wrong to be honest.

I have seen his coaching so I feel fairly positioned to comment on this topic and he also appears to be a fairly decent bloke .

What about the people that are hidding behind there forum names simply to bag people , clubs , referees . northern , jets etc . How do you view these people ? I find it myself to be slightly embarrasing that people have nothing better to do than try to descriminate somebody's character without any real substance or evidence to support something - keyboard hardmen I refer to them as Ha Ha.

I am not suggesting you are one of those el gringo just an open comment about these type of people that go out their way to attempt to make others look bad.

Do you honestly think coaches come on here and post ? perhaps I am being a tad naive but i highly doubt any decent coach needs to come on here to strengthing there coaching credentials.

wannabe
19-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Did this graham fella go and round up all his mates to vouch for him or something? Go back and read my post, I wasn't having a crack! Interesting that I must have hit a nerve to generate this type of response haha. Seriously want the buds to do well, they have a long history, I have
probably watched more buds games then most people on their board over all my years of watching Newcastle football. Looks to me like some coaches need to stop worrying about what's being said on an Internet forum and get back to worrying about what's happening on the training paddock. Stop making it so obvious as to who you jokers actually are behind your internet forum names haha

Thought the same thing . This got more bites than a fishing expedition by ForeveRed

I changed my user name
19-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Thought the same thing . This got more bites than a fishing expedition by ForeveRed

or big bruce chasing the fishing boats down blacksmiths LOL

pv4
19-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Do you honestly think coaches come on here and post ? perhaps I am being a tad naive but i highly doubt any decent coach needs to come on here to strengthing there coaching credentials.

Many coaches have done it in the past and many still do.

I agree with you - no decent coach would come on here under an alias to answer the critics.

spamg172
19-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Gotta remember he's just watched his predecessor get the sack for being too laid back.

el gringo
19-01-2015, 04:17 PM
I agree with you - no decent coach would come on here under an alias to answer the critics.

:lol::lol::lol::roflz::lol: stop the internet, this is brilliant hahaha

Premy
19-01-2015, 05:09 PM

Can't wait for pay day next week, 10 hours double time for working on the long weekend.

Football life
19-01-2015, 05:41 PM
James Virgilli
Has a broken ankle and is out for 8-10 weeks.. Hope not for magics sake

Onehunglow
19-01-2015, 09:22 PM

I don't have any mates. I was just making an observation based on spending time with the coach in question. That's probably my first post in six months and we do spend a shit load of time worrying about what happens on the training paddock and improving as a coach. Do 60-70 training sessions a year for over 15 years and you might appreciate what it's all about. There are plenty of coaches committed to the game and they deserve support.

Onehunglow
19-01-2015, 09:32 PM
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Tonester
20-01-2015, 07:13 AM
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Hope you don't mind if I use this,could come in handy

seldom
20-01-2015, 01:37 PM

maybe heed your own advice

cobra23
20-01-2015, 02:59 PM

Is this a phrase out romeo and juliet

Leftback at Home
20-01-2015, 03:19 PM
It is attributed to Abraham Lincoln.
People getting a bit touchy - The season must be approaching.

I changed my user name
20-01-2015, 03:47 PM
It is attributed to Abraham Lincoln.
People getting a bit touchy - The season must be approaching.

It was indeed the 16th president .

De-Champ
21-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Who was the big news signing that magic was to make on/before last weekend

I changed my user name
21-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Maso cup in sydney is it ?

The Magician
21-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Trial game tonight... A'town Vs Newcastle Suns--- 5-4 A'town... full strength A'town.

wannabe
22-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Trial game tonight... A'town Vs Newcastle Sun
s--- 5-4 A'town... full strength A'town.

Did they have the two Scottish internationals playing?

MFKS
22-01-2015, 09:06 AM
very impressive?
5-4 win over a 3rd division team... international marquees pfft!

And to think they actually have to compete in the same league as Broadmeadows No 1 Side with Kale Haynes Berlin Casciaroli Petit Faj and co very soon who should present a tougher challenge

Seems like a pretty poor result even if it is pre season it would seem they have a lot of work to do

I changed my user name
22-01-2015, 09:17 AM
saturday fixtures at Rockdale- Illinden Sports Complex
sunday fixture and final at Bankstown- Jensen Park

what are the fixures ? looked on Magic website and could not see them.

I changed my user name
22-01-2015, 09:34 AM

Thanks.

hamburgler
22-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks.

Magic website says it has been rebuilt, but the content is old, goes back to the end of 2013!

The Magician
22-01-2015, 11:10 AM
A'town team was full strength for the first 2 30 minute halves... suns won tge firdt half 1-0... then adamsrown came back to 4-1... third 30 ayown put some 22s on... finished 5-4...

The Magician
22-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Magic prefers to communicate through their facebook page... there is also a dedicated Maso Cup 2015 page with more info on it about the tournament...

MFKS
22-01-2015, 11:22 AM
A'town team was full strength for the first 2 30 minute halves... suns won tge firdt half 1-0... then adamsrown came back to 4-1... third 30 ayown put some 22s on... finished 5-4...

Love the 3 x 30 minute halves.

Why not call them 3rds just for a laugh

I changed my user name
22-01-2015, 11:42 AM
How good does the grass look at Magic in the paper today , very impressive.

Footyhead
22-01-2015, 12:16 PM
How good does the grass look at Magic in the paper today , very impressive.

photoshop

MFKS
22-01-2015, 12:35 PM

Amazing what a couple of bags of fertiliser and some water will do in this weather

TXK
22-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Trial game tonight... A'town Vs Newcastle Suns--- 5-4 A'town... full strength A'town.

No chance it was full strength. Absentees inluded Stuart Musialik, Garry Kenneth and Dayne Pawlik (amongst others) all three would be starting if available. Carter also only played 1 full third. Don't think Buds would be at panic stations just yet.

Early signs from Bates look good, definitely going to be a handful.

MFKS
22-01-2015, 12:53 PM
i hear, its also a speacial cevapi blend, that is applied.

It just makes the incompetence at Hunter Stadium look even worse.

FFS Grass is shit easy to ****ing grow and you don't need a certificate to do it.

Water Sunlight Fertilise Control Pests
Repeat

Not ****ing hard

The Magician
22-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Over 200K invested in Magic Park during the off season... 80K on the pitch, 40K of that from the club itself, it better be looking freaking good.

Moley
22-01-2015, 03:16 PM
It just makes the incompetence at Hunter Stadium look even worse.

FFS Grass is shit easy to ****ing grow and you don't need a certificate to do it.

Water Sunlight Fertilise Control Pests
Repeat

Not ****ing hard

Not being green fingered myself I am not expert on Grass but surely cut/mow should be in your 'Water Sunlight Fertilise Control Pests Repeat' scenario?

Moley
22-01-2015, 03:17 PM
No chance it was full strength. Absentees inluded Stuart Musialik, Garry Kenneth and Dayne Pawlik (amongst others) all three would be starting if available. Carter also only played 1 full third. Don't think Buds would be at panic stations just yet.

Early signs from Bates look good, definitely going to be a handful.

Bates to be the leagues top scorer??

22-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Not being green fingered myself I am not expert on Grass but surely cut/mow should be in your 'Water Sunlight Fertilise Control Pests Repeat' scenario?

Yeh well the Foz's self proclaimed resident expert on everyfcknthing omitted that crucial element didn't he.
BTW...its not that effingeasy either.

MFKS
22-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Your not wrong. Mowing helps too.

Causes the grass to grow horizontally rather than vertically and also spreads the seed about to provide future growth

TXK
22-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Bates to be the leagues top scorer??

I think he will definitely be in the mix

wannabe
22-01-2015, 09:16 PM
I think he will definitely be in the mix
I think he will struggle and so will the buds

Bremsstrahlung
22-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Korotich to Olympic?

The Magician
23-01-2015, 12:18 AM
Korotich to Olympic?

Where is he moving from? Southy?

wannabe
23-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Where is he moving from? Southy?
Koro had the last 18 months off with a knee reco. Have seen Ireland train twice now and he will be the best signing in the comp. Bloke is better than this league

hamburgler
25-01-2015, 07:19 PM
How did Magic go at the Maso Cup?

wannabe
26-01-2015, 08:16 PM
How did Magic go at the Maso Cup?
knocked out in quarter finals on the website

hawk
26-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Over 200K invested in Magic Park during the off season... 80K on the pitch, 40K of that from the club itself, it better be looking freaking good.

really? does that include that stupid new taller wire fence that you cant climb over?

I would really like to know how much are other npl clubs are spending on their pitch yearly approx?

wannabe
26-01-2015, 08:33 PM
So if 200k invested and only 40k from the club itself. Where did the other 160k invested come from

GazFish35
26-01-2015, 09:08 PM
So if 200k invested and only 40k from the club itself. Where did the other 160k invested come from

Community?
Asian cup?

cobra23
27-01-2015, 01:16 AM

olympic gave them the rest

wannabe
27-01-2015, 06:35 AM
olympic gave them the rest

Great to see the two communities working together

Lofty
27-01-2015, 07:28 AM

I think he means that 200k was spent on the Magic Park facilities with 80k of that on the pitch alone which the club itself invested half of that amount. 120k was spent elsewhere.

I changed my user name
27-01-2015, 08:55 AM
Good on Magic I say. Decades of hard work and multiple by multiple volunteers along with hard working committee and ex club people giving back. They are now simply getting the fruits of the hard work put in by securing events such as Jets (FFA Cup) and Asian cup events.

"never hate people that are jealous of you , but respect their jealousy. They're people that think your're better than them".

Tonester
27-01-2015, 08:59 AM
Any trials of note coming up this weekend,hanging out for a game to watch.

namwob99
27-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Good on Magic I say. Decades of hard work and multiple by multiple volunteers along with hard working committee and ex club people giving back. They are now simply getting the fruits of the hard work put in by securing events such as Jets (FFA Cup) and Asian cup events.

"never hate people that are jealous of you , but respect their jealousy. They're people that think your're better than them".

+1

The Magician
27-01-2015, 01:07 PM

Money come from AFC, priority projects were the security fencing fully funded by AFC. the 200K investment is just chatting to about has been spent on the ground if the club was to do it themselves, based on quotes... but chatting to various committee members, and with the number consultants and sub-contractors used the projects most probably cost over 500k... The fencing itself was subcontracted 4 times and in sure each would have made a nice cut.

But we wont be complaining, projects on the clubs list of major to-do's have been completed and new projects can be brought forward.

MFKS
27-01-2015, 11:45 PM

All I know is a great local facility has now got better. Well done and keep building the joint up

Premy
28-01-2015, 12:07 AM
Money come from AFC, priority projects were the security fencing fully funded by AFC. the 200K investment is just chatting to about has been spent on the ground if the club was to do it themselves, based on quotes... but chatting to various committee members, and with the number consultants and sub-contractors used the projects most probably cost over 500k... The fencing itself was subcontracted 4 times and in sure each would have made a nice cut.

But we wont be complaining, projects on the clubs list of major to-do's have been completed and new projects can be brought forward.
"new projects can be brought forward"

Care to elaborate on that Magician?
Deserved reward for all the hard work over the years and all the best for the future projects.

De-Champ
28-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Now that the maso cup is over, who is the new signing for magic?

Tonester
01-02-2015, 10:39 AM
If anyone is interested I would be happy to run a Tipping Comp on here so we could have some fun during the season.Give me your thoughts & if we get enough interest I'll post some rules & guidelines.It's always been popular elsewhere & it can be testing as it is different from other comps.

Football lover
02-02-2015, 02:03 PM
So does everybody think jaffas will win the comp? When is bridges going to be formally announced
He is playing at Lambton?

Southy is my tip
To get relegated. What's people's thoughts on each side? Weston seem to have signed a few decent a lads. Will be a good comp

I changed my user name
02-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Been sitting on this for a while and yes a tipping comp would be great idea . $10 to enter winning go to charity.

1. Winners: Sorry but I cannot split between Magic & Jaffas
2. Top 4: Magic , Jaffas , Weston & Maitland
3. Relegated: Southy (although not by as much as people think as I believe any 1 of 6 could be bottom or very near it as comp will be so tight).
4. FFA Cup : depends how serious teams take it but I think this year ALL teams will present top teams so I will go an outsider here and say Hamilton.

Football lover
02-02-2015, 02:33 PM
Been sitting on this for a while and yes a tipping comp would be great idea . $10 to enter winning go to charity.

1. Winners: Sorry but I cannot split between Magic & Jaffas
2. Top 4: Magic , Jaffas , Weston & Maitland
3. Relegated: Southy (although not by as much as people think as I believe any 1 of 6 could be bottom or very near it as comp will be so tight).
4. FFA Cup : depends how serious teams take it but I think this year ALL teams will present top teams so I will go an outsider here and say Hamilton.

Not much mention of edgeworth so far from anybody. Olympic will benefit I think from
Having Ireland in goals. How are magic
Going to keep everybody happy with the players they signed. Same as jaffas.

Should be a very good comp Indeed. Any ideas where GF is held this yr?

Football lover
02-02-2015, 02:33 PM
Now that the maso cup is over, who is the new signing for magic?

Anybody herd who this "superstar"'is?

What ever happend to john bennis? Retired?

I changed my user name
02-02-2015, 02:34 PM
GF wont be the new facility at Lakes thats for sure .

The Magician
02-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Anybody herd who this "superstar"'is?

John Bennis has taken up a role coaching in the NPL Youth... fantastic for the lad to be back in the magic shirt.

Blueblood
02-02-2015, 07:40 PM
1. Magic (Chilli back n quality roster. Just need to keep everyone happy)
2. Jaffas. (Still plenty of quality to play with)
3. Adamstown (looking like a pretty handy line up)
4. CCB (ticking along ok and will have a good squad again) OR Edgy (quality all over the park & some handy recruits)

wannabe
02-02-2015, 09:10 PM
1. Magic (Chilli back n quality roster. Just need to keep

everyone happy)
2. Jaffas. (Still plenty of quality to play with)
3. Adamstown (looking like a pretty handy line up)
4. CCB (ticking along ok and will have a good squad again) OR Edgy (quality all over the park & some handy recruits)
Who are the handy recruits at edgy

Football lover
02-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Who are the handy recruits at edgy

Yeh wondering who edgy have signed? Tannock is only player Im
Aware of.

Good to see the bears getting written off like usual. I think they will go close again. Hardwick is going to be close to leading scorer in the league IMO.

Football lover
02-02-2015, 10:59 PM
John Bennis has taken up a role coaching in the NPL Youth... fantastic for the lad to be back in the magic shirt.

That's excellent great bloke Johnny.

namwob99
03-02-2015, 02:10 AM

Fairly certain he was running around for Kotara Sth last year in ZL1!!

cobra23
03-02-2015, 10:04 AM
Fairly certain he was running around for Kotara Sth last year in ZL1!!

Yeah he did, his brother plays there as well. it was there junior club.
Bennis had a knee reco the last year he played with magic, he tried to play the year after but training was causing greif to the knee.
so he played with kotara due to less demanding in training and playing etc..
I think magic have struggled in that holding mid role since his departure and going by this years squad i cant see that role filled again.. but the quality in the squad will probably avoid that problem anyways.

LongSufferingFan
03-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Fearless NPL prediction

Magic to be Minor Premiers and to beat Jaffas in GF 2-1.
I like Magic's recruiting for this year and their attitude seems good after their scare in 2014.

CCB to pick up the spoon and be relegated.
I don't think their is as much harmony at the Blues as people think.

Southy to qualify for the FFA cup for the second year in a row.
Reason for this is that from the QF on all matches are played at the synthetic David Eland Fields at Speers Point.
Only Southy are used to playing on such small fields.

Beast
03-02-2015, 11:22 AM
I'll go with, in any order
Magic- slight bump in the road last season, dont think they will let it happen again.
Jaffas- Especially after the sign all the sacked Jets players.
Rosebuds- spent up big for this season or are they all just playing for love like the guide dogs.
Maitland - Think they will try to make a statement back in the top division.

Still going with Southy for relegation.

GO AWAY
03-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Fearless NPL prediction

Magic to be Minor Premiers and to beat Jaffas in GF 2-1.
I like Magic's recruiting for this year and their attitude seems good after their scare in 2014.

CCB to pick up the spoon and be relegated.
I don't think their is as much harmony at the Blues as people think.

Southy to qualify for the FFA cup for the second year in a row.
Reason for this is that from the QF on all matches are played at the synthetic David Eland Fields at Speers Point.
Only Southy are used to playing on such small fields.

Not one ounce of disharmony that i am aware of, all players get on like a house on fire, new recruits Wollongong keeper and Joel fit in like a glove, big turn outs at training.

Under 19s did beat 22s 5-1 in a interclub trial on sunday, so may be a little thin on depth, but wont cause them to get a wooden spoon, far from it in my opinion, top four spot.

Olympic
Magic
Azzuri
Weston

kingkholi99
04-02-2015, 09:57 PM
My top 4:
- Magic: an off year last year and have made some decent signings, it's hard to go past a winning culture as well. Chill back with only bring a decent squad back together IMO.
- Jaffas: Cash money, no disrespect but quality signings as well as essentially all the grand final winning team. Added youth in Mike Williams (Jaffas junior) from the Jets under 18's, a quality player.
- Adamstown: Completely different team essentially. Bates is a class above, also big Kenneth at the back with Scotty Carter in the sticks should be solid defensively.
- Olympic: DANNY IRELAND. Have the quality to grind out results without playing beautifully and now have the best keeper in the region (better than BK). Don't rate Byrnes though and may struggle up front.

Wooden Spoon: South Cardiff: been close last couple of years and I think it's almost time

TouchAndPlay
05-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time writer.. I don't have an affiliation with any club however I just take a keen interest in the league.

Predictions for the upcoming season are as follows:

1. Magic
2. Jaffas
3. Olympic
4. Weston
5. Maitland
6. Edgeworth
7. Jets
8. Adamstown
9. Charlestown
10. Southy

Tonester
06-02-2015, 03:23 AM
My prediction is it will take 4/5 rounds before you could safely predict anything.Will be a few surprises early that might make a mockery out of all of these posted predictions one thinks!

MFKS
06-02-2015, 08:10 AM
My prediction is it will take 4/5 rounds before you could safely predict anything.Will be a few surprises early that might make a mockery out of all of these posted predictions one thinks!

Always do.

Still fail to see why so many have the Jets Yoof so low.

They won the NPL last year.

Will have a fair few still running around from that side are probably the fittest side about and are getting better each year at dealing with the physical threat NBN sides pose and add in that with the Jets HAL side basically going to have fill an entire roster with Tinks scorched earth policy anyone they sign under the age limit for the NPL will be eligible to be used in this comp to get game time and experience and prepare for the HAL season.

They are a big player in this comp

I changed my user name
06-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Always do.

Still fail to see why so many have the Jets Yoof so low.

They won the NPL last year.

Will have a fair few still running around from that side are probably the fittest side about and are getting better each year at dealing with the physical threat NBN sides pose and add in that with the Jets HAL side basically going to have fill an entire roster with Tinks scorched earth policy anyone they sign under the age limit for the NPL will be eligible to be used in this comp to get game time and experience and prepare for the HAL season.

They are a big player in this comp

MFKS , you bring up some fair points and on that basis yep they should present many a problem for the top teams.

My mail is that the Jets Youth players are not happy about playing in the comp this year as they have heard other HAL teams playing in local comps will continue to get their salaries paid whilst representing the clubs and Jets Youth (no shock here) have been told they wont get paid.

Can anyone confirm this and if so how are people meant to survive if they are not even getting paid yet still required to train 3 or 4 times a week with game days at weekend. Is that even legal.

Beast
06-02-2015, 08:41 AM
Because they are young and with the carrot of you will all be professional footballers being dangled in front of them.
Isn't that what Remmington discovered by leaving the Jets playing from the Jafs then going back he could see the time/commitment "v" money equation was better elsewhere.

I changed my user name
09-02-2015, 08:23 AM
Jaffas looking real quality early on.

Tonester
09-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Jaffas looking real quality early on.

Yeah,good sides Suns & Lakes must've been a real tussle!

chocolate soldier
09-02-2015, 09:46 AM

hahaha yep... like taking black caviar to a newcastle class 2 gallop

I changed my user name
09-02-2015, 10:39 AM

I commented in another thread that you can only play what is in front of you and Jaffas are clearly doing that. As for Lakes , you would think they would be fairly decent competition given only last season they were an NPL team. Granted they go relegated for the reason of being last but they will hopefully still be a handy team and be looking to bounce straight back up.

Tonester
09-02-2015, 11:29 AM
I commented in another thread that you can only play what is in front of you and Jaffas are clearly doing that. As for Lakes , you would think they would be fairly decent competition given only last season they were an NPL team. Granted they go relegated for the reason of being last but they will hopefully still be a handy team and be looking to bounce straight back up.
Sorry to offend,obviously I have misrepresented Jaffas choice of opposition,clearly their aim is to win as many games as they can now as maybe leaner times could be ahead who knows.By the way has Maguire had a run?

TouchAndPlay
09-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Jaffas seem to be carrying on from where they left last year, granted that they are playing lesser opposition. No reason why it shouldn't happen really, as there hasn't been any major changes to the bulk of the squad. Haven't looked at their early fixtures, but my tip is for them to start off pretty strong, whether or not they can maintain early season form is another story..
One thing that can be taken from these early trials are that they aren't exactly missing Bradbury or Fajkovic just yet. And yes, you would expect them to bang a couple in when playing these kind of trials but its more about how you are creating your opportunities at this stage of pre-season and from all accounts they have been pretty efficient in the front third.

Jaf Jaf
10-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Sorry to offend,obviously I have misrepresented Jaffas choice of opposition,clearly their aim is to win as many games as they can now as maybe leaner times could be ahead who knows.By the way has Maguire had a run?

Yes spot on Tonestar, we are scared we are not going to win any games during the season so we are playing easy opposition?
I didn't hear you bagging CCB out about playing Valentine? Surely Lakes are better opposition given they were in NPL last year?

The fact is clubs don't like playing other clubs from the same division, so Lakes, valentine, are the pick of the Next best level.

Suns were a last minute game because Maitland pulled out on us and we wanted to continue having a run rather than a weekend off.

PS we are playing Valentine this weekend, are they acceptable given CCB and Valo was a close score? Or would that be perceived as an easier game again?

prawnhead
10-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Yes spot on Tonestar, we are scared we are not going to win any games during the season so we are playing easy opposition?
I didn't hear you bagging CCB out about playing Valentine? Surely Lakes are better opposition given they were in NPL last year?

The fact is clubs don't like playing other clubs from the same division, so Lakes, valentine, are the pick of the Next best level.

Suns were a last minute game because Maitland pulled out on us and we wanted to continue having a run rather than a weekend off.

PS we are playing Valentine this weekend, are they acceptable given CCB and Valo was a close score? Or would that be perceived as an easier game again?

Touche

Football lover
10-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Jaffas will walk the comp in.

MFKS
10-02-2015, 04:10 PM

I am expecting them to be one of the teams to beat. As far as walking the comp in I think your being a tad dramatic and OTT. There is now way in the world they will walk it in with other teams like Magic about

I changed my user name
10-02-2015, 04:30 PM

Care to elaborate ? Thats a big statement . I have said that either Magic or Jaffas will win it. But I think the comp will be super close and there will be multiple teams challanging.

18 x 3pts so 54 points available for all teams : so how many points will Jaffas get ?

I think the comp may be won with as little as 35 pts that is basing the winning team having a season that consists of 10 wins , 5 draws and 3 loses = 35pts .

I changed my user name
10-02-2015, 04:32 PM
I am expecting them to be one of the teams to beat. As far as walking the comp in I think your being a tad dramatic and OTT. There is now way in the world they will walk it in with other teams like Magic about

Magic and Weston and Maitland and Adamstown and Hamilton and CCB and Southy and Jets and Edgeworth.

Tonester
10-02-2015, 10:00 PM

Ouch!That hurt haha.Only winding you up,bit early to be too serious me thinks.Seriously though Jaffas got a good side & will take Valo apart although I do think they will be favourites to win the Comp(Valo that is).Azzuri play Wallsend this week so they are avoiding big fish too.Look forward to more posts from all.PS.Love my new name!

Jaf Jaf
10-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Nobody will walk the comp in
Last year 1 game could have made results so different
Had Jaffas beat jets second last game they would have won the minor premiership
Had jagfas lost 2 extra games they would have missed out on the top 5
Comp is very close, closest it's been in a long time the last couple of years
It's great for the comp. now you have names like maitland and Adamstown being thrown into the top 5 as contenders, it definitely makes it interesting!

TouchAndPlay
11-02-2015, 10:31 AM
By no means do I believe that any team in this years comp will walk it in. I believe that there will be 3-6 points in it at the end, but will be a two horse race for most of the year. For me personally, that's jaffas and magic, but I may be wrong.

Don't recall any team winning by a large amount for some years now. last one was magic back in 2010 I think? possibly by 12-14 points?

Jaf Jaf
11-02-2015, 12:57 PM
By no means do I believe that any team in this years comp will walk it in. I believe that there will be 3-6 points in it at the end, but will be a two horse race for most of the year. For me personally, that's jaffas and magic, but I may be wrong.

Don't recall any team winning by a large amount for some years now. last one was magic back in 2010 I think? possibly by 12-14 points?

Yeah we are looking forward to it, will be a close comp with nothing splitting the top 5 IMO

wannabe
11-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Yeah we are looking forward to it, will be a close comp with nothing splitting the top 5 IMO

Isn't it top 4 this year Jaf

Jaf Jaf
12-02-2015, 09:31 AM
Isn't it top 4 this year Jaf

I have no idea, Ill ask Tanch or Snedds at training tonight. I havnt heard that, when did that come out??
That makes it interesting and even harder in a very tight comp.
What are your thoughts on that? I think it still should be 5.

MFKS
12-02-2015, 09:46 AM
I have no idea, Ill ask Tanch or Snedds at training tonight. I havnt heard that, when did that come out??
What are your thoughts on that? I think it still should be 5.

It is Top 4 this season been known for quite a while

Jets Yoof can win the NPL regular season but are unable to compete in Semis. So the 5th place team will qualify for semis if the Jets finish top 4 and everyone will move up a spot accordingly

Tonester
12-02-2015, 09:46 AM
What are your thoughts on that? I think it still should be 5.I thought that it is top four & Jets are ineligible to participate in finals & semis are 2 legs like New FM Comp.

Bremsstrahlung
12-02-2015, 10:10 AM
IMO, the top 4 is the best method.
The problem I have with the Top 5 is that it's a conundrum whether finishing first actually gets an advantage.
If you finish first, you can play 1 game in 3 weeks, then play a Grand Final 2 weeks after your last game. 2 games in 4 weeks. I think, mentally, it is very tough to play a grand final after 2 weeks off.
The plus side, is you get to physically recuperate.
I'd rather play consecutive games and keep the intensity up.

That being said, I never made a Grand Final with the 2 x legs, but did in the Top 5 system after finishing 1st. So my bias should be the other way.

Edit: And yes, Top 4 this year. Jets ineligible for Finals.

ForeverRed
18-02-2015, 07:59 PM
Save your money folks, $10 entry fee for NPL games,

MFKS
18-02-2015, 08:02 PM

Got to pay the exorbitant player wages I suppose

Football life
18-02-2015, 08:17 PM

That's ridiculous isn't it.

MFKS
18-02-2015, 08:30 PM
That's ridiculous isn't it.

Yep.

Should be $5 tops and a token contribution not a dead set fleecing

ForeverRed
18-02-2015, 08:34 PM
We are trying to entice people to our game not turn them away

Bremsstrahlung
18-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Under the new NPL format does NNSW or anybody else take a share of the $10?
Price is stupidly high.

Are clubs forced to charge these new fees? I assume so.
Was this "voted" in by clubs? Or were they not consulted?

MFKS
18-02-2015, 09:06 PM

I take it your against it??

I find it bizarre that prices need to rise.

hamburgler
18-02-2015, 09:22 PM

My mate and his wife have to pay to watch their son play 19s. They are not interested in firsts. So on top of a massive rego cost, they have to fork out $20 x 18 rounds, $360 for the privilege of watching their son play. That's over the top!!

Ker-Plunk
18-02-2015, 09:28 PM
OH NO, guess that means beer and hot chips gunna go up to .

The Magician
18-02-2015, 10:00 PM
My mate and his wife have to pay to watch their son play 19s. They are not interested in firsts. So on top of a massive rego cost, they have to fork out $20 x 18 rounds, $360 for the privilege of watching their son play. That's over the top!!

Said mate and his wife if they watched the game from their car because its cold in the morning would have paid $18 this season so not a huge jump... just needs to now walk in the front gate and bring a jacket..... price has been fixed for the past 6-7+ years. Magic has done season passes and you get a few rounds for free. Only an issue if you have a fickle support base, that walks in sits near the gate, watches and walks out.

Lets be honest the increased gate admission is mainly going to benefit those clubs who have Magic attending as their supporters travel well, but im sure concession is still $5 anyways so their pensioners should still travel well. Chatting to a former Westy committee member he said that they used to make on the Magic game the previous 4 games combined.

NNSWF started charging $10 for the final series only 2 years ago and there hasn't been a huge backlash, be interesting how the stats work out for attendance this season.

Bremsstrahlung
18-02-2015, 10:21 PM
Wow. Thank God for Magic or we wouldn't have any football fans, no
Christmas, and football in newcastle wouldn't exist.

MFKS
18-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Said mate and his wife if they watched the game from their car because its cold in the morning would have paid $18 this season so not a huge jump... just needs to now walk in the front gate and bring a jacket..... price has been fixed for the past 6-7+ years. Magic has done season passes and you get a few rounds for free. Only an issue if you have a fickle support base, that walks in sits near the gate, watches and walks out.

Lets be honest the increased gate admission is mainly going to benefit those clubs who have Magic attending as their supporters travel well, but im sure concession is still $5 anyways so their pensioners should still travel well. Chatting to a former Westy committee member he said that they used to make on the Magic game the previous 4 games combined.

NNSWF started charging $10 for the final series only 2 years ago and there hasn't been a huge backlash, be interesting how the stats work out for attendance this season.

Good points but considering most First Grade games have 100-300 there is the extra couple of dollars per ticket gonna make that much of a difference??

Thought the idea would be to try and get the crowds up across the league and get crowds pushing 500-1000

EH9
18-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Clubs are not made to charge the recommended fee.

The Magician
18-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Good points but considering most First Grade games have 100-300 there is the extra couple of dollars per ticket gonna make that much of a difference??

Thought the idea would be to try and get the crowds up across the league and get crowds pushing 500-1000

Indeed thats the dream scenario, but NNSWF running the marketing off the comp are not really interested in getting more people to the game but to rather increase exposure of the competition in the media dominated by egg ball...

Really, Its up to individual clubs to get people to their own games... i.e how do clubs incorporate NPL Youth in the senior game day experience, what about clubs that have junior community teams, and getting more parents to attend rather than dropping off kids at front gate at 9:30pm... match passes, concessions... sponsor days... etc... if attendance at fixtures was a priority of clubs im sure we wouldn't be talking about this... but the primary priority of most clubs is to increase sponsorship revenue... rather than depend of gate takings and canteen. Ive been to watch nephews play in the U19's and there haven't even been people stationed on the gate... and then they run out of bottled water by reserve grade half time...

ForeverRed
19-02-2015, 05:31 AM
Oh yes they are

ForeverRed
19-02-2015, 06:52 AM

Your living in the past magician, magic are no where the best travelling fans, few years back maybe yes, besides that they spend most of their time arguing at the gate that their pensioners and had left there pass at home, codes like Union and league charge 5/6 dollars entry and double any crowd the NPL dish up, this is a poor decision from those clubs who voted this in, maybe if clubs stopped paying overs for money hungry overrated players this price change would not be needed, can't wait to see NNSWF marketing strategy on this one, I'm expecting zero

ForeverRed
19-02-2015, 06:57 AM
So if I'm a maitland supporter my entry fee has gone from $5(newfm) to $10, hardly an encouraging way to drag people through the gate

MFKS
19-02-2015, 07:23 AM
Your living in the past magician, magic are no where the best travelling fans, few years back maybe yes, besides that they spend most of their time arguing at the gate that their pensioners and had left there pass at home, codes like Union and league charge 5/6 dollars entry and double any crowd the NPL dish up, this is a poor decision from those clubs who voted this in, maybe if clubs stopped paying overs for money hungry overrated players this price change would not be needed, can't wait to see NNSWF marketing strategy on this one, I'm expecting zero

FR laying the Smackdown :gent:

MFKS
19-02-2015, 07:24 AM
So if I'm a maitland supporter my entry fee has gone from $5(newfm) to $10, hardly an encouraging way to drag people through the gate

So true

MFKS
19-02-2015, 08:07 AM
So who is responsible for this decision Clubs of NNSW Fed ??

I am hearing Olympic instigated the move and it was a close vote finishing 5-4 in favour as the Jets had no say.

Any truth to this??

pv4
19-02-2015, 08:15 AM

I am led to believe that all clubs are forced to charge the recommended fee.

Is concession still half price? And are Edgy still not allowing students to be considered concession?

Hamburgler hopefully whichever club your friends kid plays for are approachable and are understanding and will let the parents in either for free or at a reduced rate. From experience of the clubs I've played for, if I introduced my family to the people at the gate and on the committee they are/were usually allowed in for free or at a reduced rate anyway.

As the Member has pointed out, this price increase isn't going to be hugely beneficial to clubs anway. It's going to be bringing in somewhere between $50-300 extra for most clubs (judging from the price increase, and taking into account potentially less people coming in as they will consider it too expensive). Which realistically all it is doing is paying for a weekly wage of one of the first graders anyway. Why not keep the prices lower, and run an extra hundred club or something like that?

Hopefully some clubs are realistic about it and will give a free drink voucher for every entry or something like that, which would end up they pay about the same for entry and a drink as they would have previously anyway. Judging by the amount of people Maitland were getting to their games last year, a lot of which were drinking, I think something like this would benefit them.

Whether it is right or not, I pay something like $7 a game to see the Jets senior team play if I go to all games and with my membership. The fact that I pay the same or more to see NPL is ridiculous.

hamburgler
19-02-2015, 09:10 AM

100% in agreement FR

judge
19-02-2015, 10:17 AM
If I'm a Maitland supporter the jump in quality of games should be enough to get me there. To be honest you get 3 games, over 4 hrs of football for $10. This is the first rise for a while, what it might affect is hundred clubs and raffle tickets at the gate, and you can drink full strength beer.

I changed my user name
19-02-2015, 10:44 AM
I kind of see all sides of the debate here. I dont think people shoudl be charged to watch the 19s games as it is mostly parents or guardians and simply supporting the club and or players in the 19s should be payment enough. Problem lies in managing this as once in the ground i would say its difficult to them ask them to leave if they decide to watch the other 2 games.

Regarding comparing it to HAL and average cost to watch jets season . For me you cannot compare the two on a multiple of reasons .

Negative is without doubt you are watching better quality in HAL so value for cash NPL over HAL football reasons is not even worth debating NPL loses every single time.

Positive is that NPL clubs dont charge over $7 for hot chips and over $5 for a soft drink and dont charge $6.50 for a watered down beer so on that basis NPL is better quality than HAL.

There are other examples - If you are taking young children to NPL at most grounds you can relax in the comfort that they are fairly safe to do as they please (within reason) but at Jets you are constantly watching them and aware they dont annoy other spectators , get lost , behave etc

MFKS
19-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Gold coin donation at best for NPL in NNSW
Untill such time, we are graced with quality players like in the Sydney NPL...gold coin is too much

Harsh but agree with the sentiment.

The money paid to go watch the games is only going to line the players pockets. The results are a little lacking for our region with all the money pumped in and disappearing out in wages to First Grade NBN Players. I am happy to contribute to the cause but not happy as to where the money ends up.

Needs fixing

EH9
19-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Oh yes they are

How is it the Federation make you charge the nominated amount??? What is the punishment if you are 'caught' not charging the recommended amount?

Zico
19-02-2015, 01:49 PM
We are all forgeting the large fees payed to referees by the home saide also, this is covered by the gate.
Local rugby league have been $10 for a few seasons now not the $5/$6 as stated earlier.
Gold coin donation? MT your joking hopefully.
Personaly I would have left it at $8 for entry but I bet this price rise has coincided with a referee increase of wages.
I'll still pay my $10 to go watch my side each week.

ForeverRed
19-02-2015, 01:51 PM
No increase in ref fees

Zico
19-02-2015, 01:51 PM
No increase in ref fees
Give it time

Bremsstrahlung
19-02-2015, 04:08 PM
This is from the 2014 Competition Rules.

10. ADMISSION CHARGES - Ref Regulation 14
The maximum admission charges for each competition, including a fee for cars if permitted into
the ground, will be determined by NNSWF from time to time and this charge shall be the same
at all grounds for the same competition.
Scheduled Fixture Adults $8.00 Concession $5.00 Cars $2.00
Rescheduled Fixture
(a) Where 1st grade team participates in a rescheduled fixture:
Adults $8.00 Concession $5.00 Cars $2.00
(b) Where only lower grades (more than one grade) participate in a rescheduled fixture:
Adults $4.00 Concession $2.00 Cars $1.00
No charge will apply where only one lower grade participates.

The Acolyte
19-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Solution to the $10 problem. Go home from the pub 2 schooners earlier. If you don't go to the pub , you've already got the fare. Or protest by going to the club, and play the pokies.
As for the referees fees they need to go up, so the refs can upgrade their glasses
And if everyone sends me a gold coin I can pay for my internet and keep offering these brilliant solutions

The Magician
19-02-2015, 11:37 PM
Solution to the $10 problem. Go home from the pub 2 schooners earlier. If you don't go to the pub , you've already got the fare. Or protest by going to the club, and play the pokies.
As for the referees fees they need to go up, so the refs can upgrade their glasses
And if everyone sends me a gold coin I can pay for my internet and keep offering these brilliant solutions

Where is everyone drinking these days?

outsider
20-02-2015, 08:09 AM
We are all forgeting the large fees payed to referees by the home saide also, this is covered by the gate.
Local rugby league have been $10 for a few seasons now not the $5/$6 as stated earlier.
Gold coin donation? MT your joking hopefully.
Personaly I would have left it at $8 for entry but I bet this price rise has coincided with a referee increase of wages.
I'll still pay my $10 to go watch my side each week.

You could always become a club referee Zico and referee the games for nothing to do your little bit-
Referees are at their games from about 10.30am until after the last game which usually finishes around 4pm in most cases so the money is not a lot when worked out on a per hour basis.
May be an idea to do a spell check when you post.

cobra23
20-02-2015, 09:19 AM
You could always become a club referee Zico and referee the games for nothing to do your little bit-
Referees are at their games from about 10.30am until after the last game which usually finishes around 4pm in most cases so the money is not a lot when worked out on a per hour basis.
May be an idea to do a spell check when you post.

I didn't see zico's post as a stab at referees outsider.

De-Champ
20-02-2015, 10:23 AM
What is the issue, you do not have to increase the admission fee. NNSW says maximum admission, you do not have to charge the maximum if you do not want to.