Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

sancho_theswan
28-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Wallseand vs BelSwans
17's 3-0
19's 1-3
23's 2-1
1st 1-2
Didn't see all games maybe some else could confirm results.

NewyTy
28-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Wallseand vs BelSwans
17's 3-0
19's 1-3
23's 2-1
1st 1-2
Didn't see all games maybe some else could confirm results.

I was told 3-2 for 19's but all others are correct from my source. Another big scalp for the Belswans. Knocking off Wallsend can't be undersold, a big win and one that could help Belswans build a late run into the finals. They're the form team of the comp right now apart from maybe Lakes.

sancho_theswan
28-06-2015, 08:33 PM
I was told 3-2 for 19's but all others are correct from my source. Another big scalp for the Belswans. Knocking off Wallsend can't be undersold, a big win and one that could help Belswans build a late run into the finals. They're the form team of the comp right now apart from maybe Lakes.

Wallsend went 1 nil up after about 20 minutes with a well taken Wheller goal. Then dropped off the pace and it was pretty much one way traffic after that. Even though the Red Devils had won 10 games straight the BelSwans boys out played them today and well deserved the win.

NewyTy
28-06-2015, 08:48 PM
Wallsend went 1 nil up after about 20 minutes with a well taken Wheller goal. Then dropped off the pace and it was pretty much one way traffic after that. Even though the Red Devils had won 10 games straight the BelSwans boys out played them today and well deserved the win.

They did the same against Cooks Hill a few weeks back. Were up 3-0 and almost gave it all away. Some teams have taken the Swans lately but they're a very good outfit on their day.

dan
28-06-2015, 08:52 PM
3-2 to belswans in 19's was correct Newyty (congrats on the write ups & coverage of this division too mate, much appreciated). The other scores were correct sancho, and a massive thanks to all the belswans boys for coming back to our sponsor pub, top effort lads

NewyTy
28-06-2015, 09:09 PM
3-2 to belswans in 19's was correct Newyty (congrats on the write ups & coverage of this division too mate, much appreciated). The other scores were correct sancho, and a massive thanks to all the belswans boys for coming back to our sponsor pub, top effort lads

Cheers Dan! Belswans seem like a pretty friendly club. Good to see them support the sponsor. At the end of the day it's always good to share some drinks and what not with the opposition.

sancho_theswan
30-06-2015, 02:13 PM
I have watched the majority of games that BelSwans have played in the last couple of weeks, against Lakes and Wallsend and have been impressed at how close and competitive each game has been. On top of that the spirit in which these games have been played is a credit to the players and coaches from all clubs involved.

LongSufferingFan
03-07-2015, 11:55 AM
Can anyone confirm the rumour that the NewFM GF will be played at Edgeworth this year?

Dontknowmuch
03-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Can anyone confirm the rumour that the NewFM GF will be played at Edgeworth this year?

That would be good can't see what NewFM club could compete with them for pitch and facilities.

Zico
03-07-2015, 02:43 PM
That would be good can't see what NewFM club could compete with them for pitch and facilities.
NNSWF are a disgrace.
Warren Mills must have spent some time on his knees and swallowed every drop while under a certain NNNSWF officials desk to get both Grand Finals.

Thomas477
03-07-2015, 03:46 PM
NNSWF are a disgrace.
Warren Mills must have spent some time on his knees and swallowed every drop while under a certain NNNSWF officials desk to get both Grand Finals.

Or maybe no other NPL club applied? Best not post things like that without proof. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy!

The Reganam
03-07-2015, 05:45 PM

New FM GF Jack McLaughlan
NPL GF Magic Park

ForeverRed
03-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Or maybe no other NPL club applied? Best not post things like that without proof. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy!

Funny, but you can't apply for these games, nnswf offer them to you, this is why the same clubs keep getting everything

Thomas477
03-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Funny, but you can't apply for these games, nnswf offer them to you, this is why the same clubs keep getting everything

My mistake, I thought it was like juniors where the club's apply for them.

Imyourhero
03-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Get your facts straight mate

winner
03-07-2015, 10:06 PM
NNSWF are a disgrace.

Seeing how Edgeworth didn't get hosting rites for the grand final and magic won them Zico . Does your assumption still stand true and it was actually you spending time on your knees swallowing every drop

Jardelsimage
04-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Maybe they should hold all GF, semi's etc at that superb facility at Speers Point, licensed venue, great viewing areas, parking unbelievable, pitch well what can we say about that one, best in town, purpose built for football.

Oh that's right they forgot to incorporate a ground so they could do this, instead we get a facility with the sheds on the wrong side and too small, no parking, over priced, suspect pitch, viewing areas shite, can I go on.........and no room to expand to make this the centre of football in Newcastle.....

Shere Khan
04-07-2015, 09:11 AM
BOOM!
Ouch. Truth hurts.

ForeverRed
04-07-2015, 09:12 AM
What's happened to the newfm thread, been hijacked

Charman
04-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Speers point is a disgrace! So so much promise, so so much disappointment. Designed by architects not footballers. Shame, so much potential and money wasted.

namwob99
04-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Speers point is a disgrace! So so much promise, so so much disappointment. Designed by architects not footballers. Shame, so much potential and money wasted.
I concur. So much space and money and forced to watch football at ground level or in a corner.

Dontknowmuch
04-07-2015, 09:27 PM
I concur. So much space and money and forced to watch football at ground level or in a corner.

They will take over Lake Macquaries ground and incorporate into the complex. One step at a time. Then they will have the facilities and hold all the big games and make all the $$$$. Anyone who thinks any different is wrong.

And I for one don't see a huge problem with it As long as all the $$$$ goes back into the game, better than players and coaches pockets.

Jardelsimage
05-07-2015, 09:09 AM
They will take over Lake Macquaries ground and incorporate into the complex. One step at a time. Then they will have the facilities and hold all the big games and make all the $$$$. Anyone who thinks any different is wrong.

And I for one don't see a huge problem with it As long as all the $$$$ goes back into the game, better than players and coaches pockets.

i have no problem with it either, just they should have done it in the first place, money that should have been spent on doing this, has built a building that is shite, that alone cost about 1mill or more. maybe we should start another thread to discuss this in more depth.

NewyTy
05-07-2015, 10:43 AM
No one's mentioned it yet but apparently Thornton played Wallsend yesterday (despite the game being displayed as a Sunday game everywhere I looked, including Wallsend's own website).

Scores were:

1st: Thornton 1-0 (another upset for Thornton and another loss for Wallsend. Ball's in Valo and Lakes court now.)
23's: Thornton 4-3
19's: Thornton 4-1
17's: Wallsend 1-5

Still no idea why the game was moved to Saturday. Had I have known I would have gone to that match. Anyway I'm off to Singo today to watch Cookers play. Keen to hear the result from Kahibah v Valentine as well.

onlooker
05-07-2015, 11:39 AM
No one's mentioned it yet but apparently Thornton played Wallsend yesterday (despite the game being displayed as a Sunday game everywhere I looked, including Wallsend's own website).

Scores were:

1st: Thornton 1-0 (another upset for Thornton and another loss for Wallsend. Ball's in Valo and Lakes court now.)
23's: Thornton 4-3
19's: Thornton 4-1
17's: Wallsend 1-5

Still no idea why the game was moved to Saturday. Had I have known I would have gone to that match. Anyway I'm off to Singo today to watch Cookers play. Keen to hear the result from Kahibah v Valentine as well.
I have a feeling the game was moved to Saturday to accommodate the Thornton club holiday a trivia night last night. And probably wouldn't have had as big a turn out if the games had to be played today.

Imyourhero
05-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Didn't miss too much NewyTy, neither team created too many chances although a few good saves by both keepers when the chances did come. Game decided by one of the best free kicks I've seen well outside the 18 into top corner.

JCBT
05-07-2015, 04:08 PM
I may be wrong but I've heard that Adamstown & Lakes also expressed interest in hosting the Grand Final. Adamstown have a great track record of hosting successful NEWFM Grand Final days and Lakes still in my mind have the best facility to view the Grand Final for spectators. The place hosted some fantastic Grand Finals in the 70's, 80's and 90's, yeah it's no Magic Park but the atmosphere in that ground on a Grand Final is 2nd to none in this area.
Very hard to understand the Feds reasoning in giving the game to Edgeworth especially after they also have the NPL Grand Final.
The Fed are once again proving their short sighted vision and the lack of interest they have in developing a large and competitive football base in this area.

Newsfeed
05-07-2015, 04:22 PM
I may be wrong but I've heard that Adamstown & Lakes also expressed interest in hosting the Grand Final. Adamstown have a great track record of hosting successful NEWFM Grand Final days and Lakes still in my mind have the best facility to view the Grand Final for spectators. The place hosted some fantastic Grand Finals in the 70's, 80's and 90's, yeah it's no Magic Park but the atmosphere in that ground on a Grand Final is 2nd to none in this area.
Very hard to understand the Feds reasoning in giving the game to Edgeworth especially after they also have the NPL Grand Final.
The Fed are once again proving their short sighted vision and the lack of interest they have in developing a large and competitive football base in this area.

Magic got NPL GF

ForeverRed
05-07-2015, 05:07 PM
Edgeworth have the newfm and NPL youth grand finals, broadmeadow have the women's and NPL grand finals plus 3 FFA cup games, who needs a sponsor when you have nnswf on your team

pv4
05-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Call the kit police, the refs just allowed the Stags in blue and gold vertical stripes to play against the Hornets in black and gold vertical stripes. Stupidly painful kit clash, don't know how the refs allowed it.

NewyTy
05-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Singleton v Cooks Hill United

1st: Singleton 4-1 (a quality win by Singo but their coach needs a lesson in shutting his mouth, even his players were getting pissed off with him)

23's: Cooks Hill 3-0 (great win for Cookers 23's. It's been a while since they had a decent quality win)
19's: Cooks Hill 3-0 (best goal of the day off a free kick for the Cookers. Quality game to watch)
17': Cooks Hill 3-1 (didn't see game but one of the Cookers got a double.)

outsider
05-07-2015, 06:12 PM
Belmont Swansea V Westy

1st grade 6-1 1-0 at half time
U23 2-1
U19 2-3
U17 4-2

rijid
05-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Kahibah vs Valo

1sts - 0-2 Valo with 10 players for 60 minutes
23s - 1-1
19s - 0-2
17s - 4-1

King
05-07-2015, 07:11 PM
I concur. So much space and money and forced to watch football at ground level or in a corner.Blame NNSWF. No forecasting, no cashflow analysis. It was done on the cheap. They have little idea from an admin perspective. They have a Chief Financial Officer for 17 staff and and 20 clubs for gods sake. The whole thing is a shambles run by nepotists like Alan Nesbitt. Dinosaur. Things MUST change.

Thomas477
05-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Call the kit police, the refs just allowed the Stags in blue and gold vertical stripes to play against the Hornets in black and gold vertical stripes. Stupidly painful kit clash, don't know how the refs allowed it.

Did either team have a spare kit?

pv4
05-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Did either team have a spare kit?

I know Stags have an away kit, majority white. But they were the home team. NNSW demand all teams carry to every game an alternate kit, so I can only assume Cessnock have an away kit.

I have no idea if the refs cared about it or whatever, but it was painful to watch. Can't imagine how confusing it would have been on the park.

Captain Rex
05-07-2015, 09:21 PM
I know Stags have an away kit, majority white. But they were the home team. NNSW demand all teams carry to every game an alternate kit, so I can only assume Cessnock have an away kit.

I have no idea if the refs cared about it or whatever, but it was painful to watch. Can't imagine how confusing it would have been on the park.

Stags have one of the best away kits I've seen!!!

Should have won first grade by 4 or 5

winner
05-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Edgeworth have the newfm and NPL youth grand finals, broadmeadow have the women's and NPL grand finals plus 3 FFA cup games, who needs a sponsor when you have nnswf on your team
Was at edgy today. Worst pitch in the npl and should not host any grand finals. Constant balls bouncing up around players knees as they were dribbling. Your right on sponsors forever. Hard to compete when two clubs get continued handouts.

The Postman
05-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Stags have one of the best away kits I've seen!!!

Should have won first grade by 4 or 5

Stags Away Kit is da bomb, isn't it Pv4?

Cessnock away Kit is all yellow so a clash would have been there regardless.

pv4
05-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Stags Away Kit is da bomb, isn't it Pv4?

Cessnock away Kit is all yellow so a clash would have been there regardless.

Why would they have an alternate kit that arguably would clash with their home?

Can confirm stags away kit is the greatest.

evolution
05-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Why would they have an alternate kit that arguably would clash with their home?.

Must have been taking tips from the Mariners kits of a couple of years ago!

sancho_theswan
06-07-2015, 08:47 AM
Belmont Swansea V Westy

1st grade 6-1 1-0 at half time
U23 2-1
U19 2-3
U17 4-2

Big win in 1st grade.... a very dominant performance by Belswans from the start. 4 goals to Jamie Hadlow will boost his confidence no end.
23's was a very scrappy game.
19's good result for Westy against the competition leaders. BelSwans were flat and out enthused by Westy on the day.
17's (didn't see the game)... toldit was very competitive and got a little fiesty in the closing stages.

The Postman
06-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Scores from Stags and Cessnock

1sts 2-1 Stags
23s 2-0 Cessnock
19s 4-0? Cessnock
17s 3-1 Stags

pv4
06-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Must have been taking tips from the Mariners kits of a couple of years ago!

http://i46.tinypic.com/8xsdxs.jpg

Yep, pretty similar.

The Postman
06-07-2015, 11:00 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/8xsdxs.jpg

Yep, pretty similar.

I believe that was the first season where clubs didn't have to use the generic Reebok designs.

In retrospect it was pretty smart to enforce that all clubs had predominately White Away Kit before that. Things that ^ wouldn't have happened.

pv4
06-07-2015, 01:06 PM
For anyone that is interested in my clashing kits, this is a picture from yesterday (thanks to the Stags facebook for the picture):

http://i.imgur.com/ksVgOrz.jpg

De-Champ
06-07-2015, 03:27 PM
For anyone that is interested in my clashing kits, this is a picture from yesterday (thanks to the Stags facebook for the picture):

http://i.imgur.com/ksVgOrz.jpg

What is wrong with you? One is blue the other black, no problem.

pv4
06-07-2015, 04:33 PM
What is wrong with you? One is blue the other black, no problem.

The shorts and socks don't clash, sure.

NNSW historically doesn't mind if shorts clash, they never have. Only socks and shirts clash are issues.

Toronto and Cessnock both play in vertical stripes, the same shade of yellow, striped against a darker shade (in one instance blue, the other black). It is a clash. It was painful to watch, and I imagine at times painful to play with.

Even Cessnock's yellow/black striped shirt would clash with its own alternate kit of all-yellow.

Best rule of thumb with kits is to intentionally blur your eyes a bit. If you can still make out the difference between the two, it's fine. If they look similar when you do, it's a clash. Blur your eyes and tell me the shirts of Cessnock and Toronto look different in that above picture.

De-Champ
06-07-2015, 05:34 PM
The shorts and socks don't clash, sure.

NNSW historically doesn't mind if shorts clash, they never have. Only socks and shirts clash are issues.

Toronto and Cessnock both play in vertical stripes, the same shade of yellow, striped against a darker shade (in one instance blue, the other black). It is a clash. It was painful to watch, and I imagine at times painful to play with.

Even Cessnock's yellow/black striped shirt would clash with its own alternate kit of all-yellow.

Best rule of thumb with kits is to intentionally blur your eyes a bit. If you can still make out the difference between the two, it's fine. If they look similar when you do, it's a clash. Blur your eyes and tell me the shirts of Cessnock and Toronto look different in that above picture.

I was only taking the pi....

Swifts
06-07-2015, 06:06 PM

Is this the away strip you are referring to?

If so, i also approve. :fap:

pv4
06-07-2015, 08:41 PM

Is this the away strip you are referring to?

If so, i also approve. :fap:

:wub:

Far out, whoever designed that..

The Postman
06-07-2015, 08:51 PM
:wub:

Far out, whoever designed that..

Some mad cxxt I imagine.

According to the ladder, Lakes still have 2 games in hand? Only 4 points off Valo now.

Wallsend's hopes are fading, have the bye this week and the gap between them and Valo will only get bigger.

Lakes and Valo in 2 weeks will be a massive game, will decide promotion for sure.

NewyTy
06-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Some mad cxxt I imagine.

According to the ladder, Lakes still have 2 games in hand? Only 4 points off Valo now.

Wallsend's hopes are fading, have the bye this week and the gap between them and Valo will only get bigger.

Lakes and Valo in 2 weeks will be a massive game, will decide promotion for sure.

Lakes have Wallsend this Wednesday night which is a game I'm keen to see. They've got Kahibah next Wednesday too.

LongSufferingFan
06-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Lakes have Wallsend this Wednesday night which is a game I'm keen to see. They've got Kahibah next Wednesday too.
So Valentine will be Lakes 4th game in 11 days? Smart scheduling!

NewyTy
06-07-2015, 09:32 PM
So Valentine will be Lakes 4th game in 11 days? Smart scheduling!

I've been Lakes are frustrated because all wash out games have been away from home as well. It's a very tough run but if they win all three then they'll definitely deserve promotion that's for sure.

sancho_theswan
08-07-2015, 09:00 AM
I've been Lakes are frustrated because all wash out games have been away from home as well. It's a very tough run but if they win all three then they'll definitely deserve promotion that's for sure.

Whinge, whinge, whinge or frustrated, frustrated, frustrated. Who cares, if they are good enough it shouldn't bother them. At least they don't have to make a trip to Singo midweek for their 4th game in 11 days like some club I know. I bet they don't cop 2 late penalty decisions to square the game up either!

NewyTy
08-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Whinge, whinge, whinge or frustrated, frustrated, frustrated. Who cares, if they are good enough it shouldn't bother them. At least they don't have to make a trip to Singo midweek for their 4th game in 11 days like some club I know. I bet they don't cop 2 late penalty decisions to square the game up either!

Not trying to stir the pot mate. They've got a tough schedule. Went to Singo on the weekend and to make that trip midweek would be a tough for blokes who have jobs and what not. Especially an 8pm kickoff. Wish you guys luck and the Belswans are definitely my dark horse pick for the finals. In some very good form.

Looking forward to watching Wallsend and Lakes tonight as it'll be the first neutral NewFM game I get to this season (being involved with Cooks Hill of course.) Anyway completely agree with what you said. If Lakes want to play NPL they'll have to step it up to another level. Whoever finishes top will no doubt have earned it as it's been a tight comp this season.

NewyTy
08-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Can confirm tonight's game (Wallsend v Lakes) has been moved to Macquarie Field. Apparently Wallsend's ground has some issues in a few spots so they let Northern know about it and the game's been moved. Not the best result but better than calling it off.

Football life
08-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Pretty sure it's off completely mate

NewyTy
08-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Pretty sure it's off completely mate

I spoke with the secretary of Lakes so think it's moved. Would be good if Wallsend or Lakes confirmed it somewhere. Will email him again and make sure.

*Update: Can now confirm Northern, Lakes and Wallsend have all agreed to play the matches tonight at Macquarie Field. Will definitely be played. 23's: 6pm and 1sts: 7:45pm.

NearlyALegend
08-07-2015, 04:08 PM
No one at wallsend has heard anything about the games being moved

NewyTy
08-07-2015, 04:19 PM
No one at wallsend has heard anything about the games being moved

I was forwarded an email that was sent between Wallsend, Lakes and Northern NSW so the secretary or whoever does know at Wallsend. Whether they've given word to the players yet I'm not sure.

NearlyALegend
08-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Well idk who that person is but, the hierachy doesnt know

dan
08-07-2015, 05:08 PM
We at Wallsend just got confirmation NewyTy

NewyTy
08-07-2015, 05:13 PM
We at Wallsend just got confirmation NewyTy

Cool. I'm keen for the game tonight despite the venue change

dan
08-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Bring your boots mate, we might need you for numbers tonight with 2hrs of notice

NewyTy
08-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Bring your boots mate, we might need you for numbers tonight with 2hrs of notice

Haha my AA/H team was smashed 6-0 on the weekend. Not sure if I'd cut it in New-FM. Can always dream though lol

NewyTy
08-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Tonight's Results between Wallsend and Lakes

23s: 2-2 Draw
1st Grade: Lakes 2-1

Wallsend looked good in the first half but fell wayside in the second. Red Devils led 1-0 but Sam Walker scored a bomb free kick and Lakes scored again via a deflection late on to win the match. First neutral NewFM match of the season and really enjoyed it. Thanks to Lakes for giving me free entry and letting me grab a photo of the team sheet. Makes it easier to review on my site now.

Off the bench
09-07-2015, 08:32 AM
Got out there late. Not a bad standard game at all on a very cold night with some nice goals scored.

dan
09-07-2015, 09:38 AM
A day very well played by Lakes, taking it upon themselves & northern to change the venue of yesterdays matches to their own home ground without getting any authorisation from Wallsend until very late in the arvo (23's had 2hrs between being notified & kickoff so credit to our guys), your mate from Lakes told you a porky pie NewyTy when he said he did get the ok from Wallsend early in the day.
Well that's the precedent set now, should make for an interesting back end of season in terms of washouts & rescheduled games.
Sam Walkers free kick was superbly taken, the deflected goal unfortunate, glad that rounds been played out though.

sancho_theswan
09-07-2015, 10:48 AM
A day very well played by Lakes, taking it upon themselves & northern to change the venue of yesterdays matches to their own home ground without getting any authorisation from Wallsend until very late in the arvo (23's had 2hrs between being notified & kickoff so credit to our guys), your mate from Lakes told you a porky pie NewyTy when he said he did get the ok from Wallsend early in the day.
Well that's the precedent set now, should make for an interesting back end of season in terms of washouts & rescheduled games.
Sam Walkers free kick was superbly taken, the deflected goal unfortunate, glad that rounds been played out though.

So Dan, the issue is that the games were changed to Lakes without any consultation with your club??? Is that correct! Why was the change necessary? Was your ground playable? If not I can see why Northern would have wanted the games to be played, remembering that they are supposed to be played 10 days after the washout, which they have enforced with several other clubs. This was a Round 12 or 13??? washout which was originally scheduled over 4 weeks ago I believe.

LongSufferingFan
09-07-2015, 11:43 AM

I think the Swan has a point.
As we haven't had any rain in over a week, if the Gardens was unplayable then this technically is not a washout.
In this situation by my reading of rule 4.1 of the Premier Competition regulations the onus is on Wallsend to find an alternate venue and play the game on the scheduled date and time. If Wallsend didn't organise for an alternate ground then Lakes could have claimed a forfeit and Wallsend would have been fined.
As the game was not played as scheduled on the Wednesday week following the original fixture date then the rules allow NNSW to do whatever it sees fit to get the game played.

Not the first time this has occurred over the years and may not be the last this year.

NewyTy
09-07-2015, 01:01 PM

I think I was told the Wallsend guy who had to be notified was working all day and unable to be contacted. I was forwarded an email about the whole thing that was sent to two people at Wallsend so it's on them for not letting it be known. Anyway it's not important now as it got played and it was a great game at that. Have heard that The Gardens has a fairly bad spot somewhere near the corner or something. Seeing as Wallsend still have a couple of home matches any rain could cause some issues. Deflected goal was unlucky but thought Wallsend didn't make the most of their chances when they had them.

NearlyALegend
09-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Why is is that Wallsend vs Lakes 17s and 19s is called off, if the gardens is unplayable, shouldnt it be moved like last nights

I heard lakes like moving games to there home ground on their own merit

NewyTy
09-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Why is is that Wallsend vs Lakes 17s and 19s is called off, if the gardens is unplayable, shouldnt it be moved like last nights

I heard lakes like moving games to there home ground on their own merit

Have been told from my source at Lakes that Northern considered moving the game but decided not to. They told him that last night was moved as it affected the promotion race whilst tonight doesn't. Wallsend could have done what Valentine did not long ago and move their lower New-FM grades to their junior ground. Wallsend have three home games in the next three weeks so it'll be interesting to see if the ground keeps up.

And I've seen the email. Lakes put their hand up to host, Northern said yes as long as Wallsend agreed and they, someone at Wallsend agreed. It's Wallsend's problem that their players weren't informed until late. If Lakes didn't throw their hand up we'd have another week of catch-ups to make up. Credit to them for getting everything together in such short notice (gatekeeper, canteen, etc.)

Anyway, fully agree that tonight should be moved if last night was. It's common sense really

NearlyALegend
09-07-2015, 03:11 PM
I understand that moving last nights was important but tbh these are the future and they probably feel like they dont even mean anything.

Bremsstrahlung
09-07-2015, 03:15 PM
be thankful you're even playing washouts in lower grades. Head over to NPL Youth forum, there's often some good/somewhat justified washout whines going on there.

NewyTy
09-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Northern pretend they care more about the NPL youth than say the NewFM 17's but the washout rules in that comp are just stupid. I agree, NewFM lower grades are the future and deserve better. Local rugby league gives heaps of recognition to the Under 19's comp...if only Northern would do the same.

09-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Northern pretend they care more about the NPL youth than say the NewFM 17's but the washout rules in that comp are just stupid. I agree, NewFM lower grades are the future and deserve better. Local rugby league gives heaps of recognition to the Under 19's comp...if only Northern would do the same.

Maybe you should have accepted that position with NNSWF NewyTy....even if not in a position of decision making,maybe talking the opportunity to talk some common sense around the water cooler may help to change their complacent attitude to their jobs. A few obvious ones like 6 point games, crap and out of date web site, poor decisions on the build of the new facility, lack of leadership re wash outs etc etc. Reading through your web site announcement it gives me the impression that you would enjoy stirring em up.
Your web site is a fantastic resource for Newy football at all levels, your providing a great service, one that NNSWF should be providing.
Keep up the great work.

NewyTy
09-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Maybe you should have accepted that position with NNSWF NewyTy....even if not in a position of decision making,maybe talking the opportunity to talk some common sense around the water cooler may help to change their complacent attitude to their jobs. A few obvious ones like 6 point games, crap and out of date web site, poor decisions on the build of the new facility, lack of leadership re wash outs etc etc. Reading through your web site announcement it gives me the impression that you would enjoy stirring em up.
Your web site is a fantastic resource for Newy football at all levels, your providing a great service, one that NNSWF should be providing.
Keep up the great work.

Obviously I don't want to get on their bad side as they did promise me a media pass for next season which would be good but yeah I'm not entirely sure what they even do out at Speers Point HQ. I'm only young so maybe one day I can be working there making the decisions but for now I just have to do my own thing. I try and keep the website up to date and try and keep on top of everything. It's the least I can do. Thanks for the support 433 (although I like a 5-3-2 formation more!)

rijid
11-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Valo vs Westy

17s. 1-2
19s. 4-2
23s. 8-0
1st. 5-0

Retro Jet
11-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Cooks Hill vs Lake Macquarie
TIMERITE Park

1st Cooks Hill 0 v Lakes 3
23s Cooks Hill 1 v Lakes 1
19s Cooks Hill 0 v Lakes 0
17s Cooks Hill 0 v Lakes 4

Lakes cleaned up on the field in 1st's....but not off the field afterwards. :blush:

EDIT: And it's my job to put the scores into SP too...

fan atic
12-07-2015, 10:30 AM
Retro jet
are you suggesting there was a fight after the Game?

Retro Jet
12-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Retro jet
are you suggesting there was a fight after the Game?

Nah, just a sh!t fight where cleaning sheds was concerned...
I'm a 'last to leave' type of club person and sheds are left in an impecable manner on my watch.
I can't speak for all Cookers away games as I don't get to many of them but our manager is pretty astute that way, like me
and I guarantee some effort is put into cleaning up.

I think it should be the away game protocol for all football clubs.

NewyTy
12-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Kahibah's loss to Singleton has allowed Belmont-Swansea to take a spot in the top four after their draw with Cessnock City. Definitely going to be interesting to see who gets to the finals out of those two. Title race and promotion still wide open and tight race to avoid the wooden spoon as well. Been an entertaining competition so far this year.

Captain Rex
12-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Stags vs Thornton
1st 1-2
23s 0-8
19s 0-6
17s 2-1

First grade was a good game, stags had a player sent off for a very very poor challenge

However that 23s team is one of the worst sides I've seen in the Comp the young guy in charge seems to have the knowledge but just doesn't have the players? Wonder if any other clubs have had any interest in him

17s great win with some good young kids coming through

Captain Rex
12-07-2015, 11:57 PM
Btw this is friendly banter with the 23s coach, young squad by the looks of it

NewyTy
13-07-2015, 09:25 PM
I heard rumours over the weekend that Wallsend v Valentine had been called off for Wednesday night. I'm trying to get some clarity on it and find out if it's legit or not. Anyone from Wallsend heard anything. Was going to watch the game if it's still on.

dan
13-07-2015, 10:06 PM
That is correct mate. The Wallsend vs Valentine has been changed to Wednesday 22nd July @ The Gardens
23s: 6pm kick off
1st grade: 7:45pm kick off

NewyTy
13-07-2015, 10:08 PM
That is correct mate. The Wallsend vs Valentine has been changed to Wednesday 22nd July @ The Gardens
23s: 6pm kick off
1st grade: 7:45pm kick off

Fair enough, thanks. Would be nice of Northern to put that up somewhere. I've heard The Gardens hasn't taken all the rain too well this season. Hopefully Wallsend can maybe fix some of the those issues in the off-season.

dan
13-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Yeah the old breakers drainage was badly affected on the far side when the greyhounds took over the place, we've made plans to fix the drainage straight after the season finishes.
Rain is forecast for later this week too..

NewyTy
13-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Yeah the old breakers drainage was badly affected on the far side when the greyhounds took over the place, we've made plans to fix the drainage straight after the season finishes.
Rain is forecast for later this week too..

Yeah forecast looks bad. Good to see the club's planning to work on it. Played six a side there last year and seemed like a decent pitch when dry. Must be hard having to deal with the greyhound track and the schedule they have for that.

NewyTy
15-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Kahibah v Lakes:

23s: 3-1 Kahibah
1st Grade: 1-1 Draw

Kahibah had so many chances when they were up 1-0 and just couldn't find the net again. Lakes scored on the counter and escaped with a point. Definitely a game Kahibah should have won but as mentioned they missed some crucial chances.

Newy
16-07-2015, 12:23 PM
is there relegation from new fm?

Imyourhero
16-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Don't think so

Local Rules
16-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Kahibah v Lakes:

23s: 3-1 Kahibah
1st Grade: 1-1 Draw

Kahibah had so many chances when they were up 1-0 and just couldn't find the net again. Lakes scored on the counter and escaped with a point. Definitely a game Kahibah should have won but as mentioned they missed some crucial chances.

Makes first grade interesting with both Lakes and Valo on same points going into this weekend and Valo having the bye the week after. Final games will be interesting as Kahibah have to play Lakes again in final round.

rijid
16-07-2015, 10:10 PM
Don't think so

Depends on whether the winner of ZPL is eligible (and the whim of NNSW)

Thomas477
17-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Depends on whether the winner of ZPL is eligible (and the whim of NNSW)

Nope, incorrect. ZPL is run by the interdistrict board, ie Newcastle, Macquarie and Hunter, while NEWFM is NNSWF. Unless a club fails to meet all of the NEWFM requirements, ie West Wallsend last year, then there is no relegation.

outsider
19-07-2015, 04:22 PM
KAHIBAH V THORNTON

UNDER 17 5-0
UNDER 19 3-2
UNDER 23 0-2
First grade was called off just prior to ko following very heavy rain which left pools of water in the goal mouths and penalty spots and water both sides of the half way line which made the field dangerous for player safety.Good call

sancho_theswan
19-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Any other results today..... or is too wet?

NewyTy
19-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Any other results today..... or is too wet?

I was at Toronto for most of the day. Ended (17's: 0-0 Draw, 19's: 1-1 Draw, 23's: 2-0 Cookers, 1st Grade: 2-1 Stags)

I did however leave early in 1sts and went to Macquarie Field to watch the top of the table clash. Valentine were all class and came out 4-0 winners. Lakes had a few chances but it just wasn't there day. Earlier games were (17's: 4-0 Lakes, 19's: 7-0 Lakes & 23's: 6-0 Valentine)

Got messaged results from Wallsend: (17's: 1-0 Wallsend, 19's: 6-2 Wallsend, 23's: 1-0 Singleton & 1st Grade: 3-2 Wallsend)

West Wallsend were beaten 5-2 by Cessnock City and the 17's at that game finished 6-3 to Westy. Haven't been told 19's or 23's just yet.

sancho_theswan
19-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Thanks muchly for that Newy.
Didn't venture too far from the nest this weekend.
Some interesting results at Lakes? 1st's, 23's & 19's what's the story? TThought those games would have been a lot closer.

NewyTy
19-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Was only there for 1sts so not too sure on the others. 19's shocked me when I saw the scoreboard. Lakes guy I was talking with said it was the best their 19's had played all year...he also said it was the worst their 1sts have played all year and that's the important one at the end of the day. Valentine now surely favourites to go up. Heard there were a few of your guys scouting the 19s match, obviously a good result for them with Valo dropping points.

Edit: 19's at Westy finished 3-3 and Cessnock won 23's 4-1.

sancho_theswan
19-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Haha probably right... those 19's are an intense flock.
Should make for a couple of interesting games down at Blackies in 2 weeks.....and it's "Old Swans Day" as well.

NewyTy
19-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Haha probably right... those 19's are an intense flock.
Should make for a couple of interesting games down at Blackies in 2 weeks.....and it's "Old Swans Day" as well.

Was told Valentine had been watching Lakes play over the last few weeks and it's obviously paid dividends with the performance they produced today. I'll probably be there next week when the Swans come to Cooks Hill. 19's match-up should be a cracker.

rijid
19-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Sorry, I thought I had posted scores but gremlins happened.

Lakes vs Valo

17s - 4-0
19s - 7- 0
23s - 0-6
1sts - 0-4

23s - Class team didn't give Lakes a look in. Don't think they had a shot. I was late and may have missed some though. Thoroughly deserved premiership.

1sts - Lakes hit the post about 10 minutes in and, if the striker hadn't started celebrating too soon it would have been a tap-in. From then on Valo flexed it's muscle and it was 3- 0 at halt time.
Second half a lot closer and, to be fair, the score ended up a bit lopsided. Valo deserved the points but, probably, not by that margin.

fan atic
21-07-2015, 12:05 AM
Valo shouldn't count the chickens yet, it is far from over and a sealed deal.
They are 3 points ahead and play Wallsend Wednesday 21st July, bye weekend round 20, bel swans Rd 21, & cessnock Rd 22. By no way easy points.

LongSufferingFan
22-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know if Wallsend v Valo is on tonight?
Should be a good game if it is.

Given the problems with the ground perhaps the Gardens should be renamed the water feature :rof:

NewyTy
22-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know if Wallsend v Valo is on tonight?
Should be a good game if it is.

Given the issues with the ground perhaps the Gardens should be renamed the water feature :rof:

According to their Facebook page it's still on. I'm thinking of heading out there so hoping it's on as I'd be generally annoyed if I got there and it was off.

dan
22-07-2015, 04:51 PM
100% on,I just rolled the pitch & marked the lines. Still a bit soft underfoot but the water feature is open for business:)

NewyTy
22-07-2015, 05:05 PM
100% on,I just rolled the pitch & marked the lines. Still a bit soft underfoot but the water feature is open for business:)

Great work! Looking forward to coming out there tonight and watching what should be a quality game.

fan atic
22-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Any scores from the water feature

dan
22-07-2015, 10:19 PM
23's 5-0 valo
1sts 1-0 valo (progress score)

rijid
22-07-2015, 10:41 PM
That's final

cymonster
22-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Anyone know the score of the under 23 match between Thornton and singleton

Imyourhero
22-07-2015, 11:20 PM
23s 4-1 Thornton
1sts 1-4 Singo

NewyTy
22-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Enjoyed the night at The Gardens. Apart from the pitch the ground is great for the neutral fan. Heard the changerooms aren't the best but that clubhouse thing with the canteen and what not was nice. Thought Valentine deserved the win and must say that Wallsend's discipline was poor. Some sloppy challenges and I think a total of six or seven yellow cards. Still was a fairly entertaining game with a lot of end to end action. Congrats also to Valentine's 23's for sealing the minor premiership tonight, best team by far in that grade.

Was told that Singleton beat Thornton 4-1 in 1st grade with a late goal being the icing on the cake. Singo still a chance of making finals if they can keep winning.

outsider
25-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Cooks hill v belswans

1st 1-2
23 2-0
19 1-1
17 0-1

The Postman
25-07-2015, 10:41 PM
Promotion is seemingly wrapped up now.

Singo beat Lakes 6-3

It was 3-2 Singo's way after 7 minutes.

Imyourhero
25-07-2015, 11:32 PM
Promotion is seemingly wrapped up now.

Singo beat Lakes 6-3

It was 3-2 Singo's way after 7 minutes.

How many goals from set pieces for Singo?

sancho_theswan
26-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Would luv a few results from today!!!

NewyTy
26-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Would luv a few results from today!!!

Hey mate, Wallsend v Cessnock was:

1st Grade: 3-2 Wallsnd (Hornets led for the majority but let it go towards the end, sloppy but entertaining game.)
23's: 3-0 Cessnock (all class from the visitors)
19's: 1-1 Draw (a decent game to watch for the neutral)
17's: 7-0 Wallsend (wasn't there but not surprising to hear Cessnock only had 10 players.)

Was a great day at The Gardens. Club were all very nice to me and praised my work for New-FM. Gave me a purple charity jersey and a club jacket as well. I donated 50 bucks to their brain cancer donation appeal as it's a great cause. Was great seeing both clubs socialise in the clubhouse after the game. Thanks to the Red Devils for the hospitality. It was a pleasure.

sancho_theswan
26-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Cheers for that Newboy!! I agree that Wallsend are doing lots of things right. I should also add, that in respect to this comp so are NNSWF. Hats off for their foresight to bring those clubs into the NEWFM and a massive congrats to the new clubs…. Cookers, Wallsend and Kahibah for stepping up and making this comp soooo much better than it has been in the past few seasons.

NewyTy
26-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Cheers for that Newboy!! I agree that Wallsend are doing lots of things right. I should also add, that in respect to this comp so are NNSWF. Hats off for their foresight to bring those clubs into the NEWFM and a massive congrats to the new clubs…. Cookers, Wallsend and Kahibah for stepping up and making this comp soooo much better than it has been in the past few seasons.

I agree. Was great decision to bring in the new clubs. I play AA for Cooks Hill and the vibe that it's brought to the club has been great. Our youngsters now have a pathway to a quality competition. I've found myself wanting to watch New-FM a bit more than NPL at times this season. It's a comp with some great players involved. Sure they probably won't match it with Magic or Jaffas but the standard isn't as bad as some think

Blueboy
27-07-2015, 09:55 PM
I agree. Was great decision to bring in the new clubs. I play AA for Cooks Hill and the vibe that it's brought to the club has been great. Our youngsters now have a pathway to a quality competition. I've found myself wanting to watch New-FM a bit more than NPL at times this season. It's a comp with some great players involved. Sure they probably won't match it with Magic or Jaffas but the standard isn't as bad as some think
Probably give Magic a run for their money, they way they are travelling at the monent

NewyTy
27-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Probably give Magic a run for their money, they way they are travelling at the monent

I'm actually involved with Magic as their part-time media man and I certainly wouldn't rule that out. Cooks Hill couldn't beat them at the moment but Valo or Lakes would give them a good run.

sancho_theswan
01-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Another set of great games in the NEWFM this weekend.

rijid
02-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Belswans v Valo

17s. 7-1
19s. 0-1
23s. 2-2
1sts. 0-1

Retro Jet
02-08-2015, 06:31 PM
West Wallsend V Cooks Hill
Johnston Park
1st W/Wallsend 1 v C/Hill 2 (1-0)
23s W/Wallsend 1 v C/Hill 4
19s W/Wallend 2 v C/Hill 2
17s W/Wallsend 0 v C/Hill 3

Congratulations to Valo too.

sancho_theswan
02-08-2015, 08:43 PM
Belswans v Valo

17s. 7-1
19s. 0-1
23s. 2-2
1sts. 0-1
What a great day at Blackies Oval today. Some really tough and very close games. OLD Boys Day was fantstic with an unbelievable crowd. The biggest one in many a year and they were treated to some champagne football.
It would be remiss of me not to congratulate Alan Hackett and his boys for achieving their season goal of NPL promotion. Also their U/19's on the minor premiership as well.
But those BelSwans boys pushed them all the way and can be extremely proud of their efforts today.

JCBT
03-08-2015, 09:04 AM
What a great day at Blackies Oval today. Some really tough and very close games. OLD Boys Day was fantstic with an unbelievable crowd. The biggest one in many a year and they were treated to some champagne football.
It would be remiss of me not to congratulate Alan Hackett and his boys for achieving their season goal of NPL promotion. Also their U/19's on the minor premiership as well.
But those BelSwans boys pushed them all the way and can be extremely proud of their efforts today.
Valo haven't won the Minor Premiership in 19's. If Lakes win both their remaining games on Thursday night and Sunday they will win it.

sancho_theswan
04-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Valo haven't won the Minor Premiership in 19's. If Lakes win both their remaining games on Thursday night and Sunday they will win it.

That's true….. apologies for jumping the gun!

NearlyALegend
07-08-2015, 12:10 AM
Lakes 1-1 with wallsend, I guess Valo Minor Premiers

NewyTy
07-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Lakes 1-1 with wallsend, I guess Valo Minor Premiers

As long as Valo don't loss to Cessnock. Hearing a Lakes player was knocked out after the match by a Wallsend player which isn't a good look for either club. Nobody wants to see that happen. Credit to Wallsend though as I've been told they're taken the matter very seriously.

NearlyALegend
07-08-2015, 01:20 AM
A few players might not have been happy to not have a minor premiership.

Drunken ranger
07-08-2015, 08:08 AM
As long as Valo don't loss to Cessnock. Hearing a Lakes player was knocked out after the match by a Wallsend player which isn't a good look for either club. Nobody wants to see that happen. Credit to Wallsend though as I've been told they're taken the matter very seriously.

Was this after the 19's last night ??

JCBT
07-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Its not a reflection on the clubs mate, I can honestly say that both clubs handled the situation well and defused the situation very quick. I would like also like to mention that Wallsend officials were fantastic after the incident and credit must go to their 19's coach and captain for addressing the Lakes players in the Lakes shed after the match.
The player who was taken to hospital with a bad break in his collarbone was also well treated by the Wallsend officials.

NewyTy
07-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Its not a reflection on the clubs mate, I can honestly say that both clubs handled the situation well and defused the situation very quick. I would like also like to mention that Wallsend officials were fantastic after the incident and credit must go to their 19's coach and captain for addressing the Lakes players in the Lakes shed after the match.
The player who was taken to hospital with a bad break in his collarbone was also well treated by the Wallsend officials.

I was out there a few week's back when an opposition player went down badly injured. The opposition sent out a guy with a water bottle but Wallsend's committee all ran down from the grandstand to grab a stretcher. Was a reflection of the club's values. Good to see this situation was handled correctly and didn't escalate into an all-in brawl or anything like that. Horrible that it had to happen but it could have been much worse.

Tonester
09-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Any results from Kahibah today guys

NewyTy
09-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Any results from Kahibah today guys

17's was Kahibah 5-2
19's was Lakes 3-2
23's was Lakes 1-0
And at Half-Time, Lakes winning 1-0

rijid
09-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Cessnock vs Valentine

1st Grade 2-3
23s 0-2
19s 0-4
17s 2-3

Retro Jet
09-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Received a txt from Ty with some 1st grade scores earlier.

Kahibah 2 v Lakes 2

Westy 0 v Singo 2.

front2
09-08-2015, 08:17 PM
singo must be gutted. based on second half season results and the ability to play attacking style of football.

NewyTy
09-08-2015, 08:49 PM
West Wallsend v Singleton full results were:

1st Grade: Singleton 2-0
Under 23's: Singleton 1-0
Under 19's: Westy 6-1
Under 17's: Singleton 3-2

Anyone know Toronto v Wallsend results. Need them to finish my round wrap-up.

Edit: Been told Wallsend results.

17's: 4 or 5-0 to Wallsend (guy plays higher and wasn't there for the whole game)
19's: Abandoned due to a horror leg break to the Wallsend keeper. Game was only 10 minutes in I believe.
23's: 1-1 Draw
1st Grade: 2-1 Wallsend

Yeah I'm not exactly sure on 17s it was either 4 or 5-0 to wallsend. 19s called off cause ambo took forever. Kid broke his tibia . 23s 1-1 and 1sts 2-1 wallsend

Local Rules
10-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Had a look on Northern website re semifinals and looks like the 1v4 and 2v3 has stumped the program as they are listing Lakes and Valentine as week 1.

NewyTy
10-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Had a look on Northern website re semifinals and looks like the 1v4 and 2v3 has stumped the program as they are listing Lakes and Valentine as week 1.

Northern are we speak about it and will put up confirmation on the finals later today. Surely the system shown in their rulebook will prevail. You never know with NNSWF though

Bremsstrahlung
10-08-2015, 02:44 PM
Rumours flying that valentine may be under some financial pressure?
Pulling their WPL teams to free up some cash for the NPL?

sancho_theswan
10-08-2015, 03:00 PM
singo must be gutted. based on second half season results and the ability to play attacking style of football.

Agree with this. Singo found some great form at the back end of the season. The club has lifted itself with some geat performances in 1st grade in 2015.

sancho_theswan
10-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Rumours flying that valentine may be under some financial pressure?
Pulling their WPL teams to free up some cash for the NPL?

Ahhh I love a good rumour! Any mergers on the horizon????

LongSufferingFan
11-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Ahhh I love a good rumour! Any mergers on the horizon????

Ok. I'll start some mischief...

South Cardiff and Edgeworth to merge based on the fact that Edgeworth played in a Southy strip in their FFA Cup match last week.

So both sets of fans don't have to travel too far they will move their home ground to the Glendale Athletics track after Millsy buys it.
New club will be called the South Edgeworth shooting Eagles
Major sponsor will be the Lake Macquarie Gun club.
:rof:

sancho_theswan
13-08-2015, 05:05 PM
weekend predictions????? anybody?????
This forum is getting boring..... I was even thinking of jumping over to the ZPL thread and help out "the Majestic" brother!

NewyTy
13-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Semi Final 1:
1st: Kahibah 1-2 Valentine
23's: Lakes 1-3 Valentine
19's: Cooks Hill 1-1 Valentine
17's: Cooks Hill 1-4 Kahibah

Semi Final 2:
1st: Wallsend 1-2 Lakes
23's: Cessnock 2-2 Thornton
19's: Belswans 2-1 Lakes
17's: Wallsend 1-3 Lakes

Reasoning behind the tips:
http://www.newysports.com/2015/08/preview-new-fm-semi-finals-week-1.html

LongSufferingFan
13-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Semi Final 1:
1st: Kahibah 2-2 Valentine
23's: Lakes 0-4 Valentine
19's: Cooks Hill 0-3 Valentine
17's: Cooks Hill 0-5 Kahibah
PS: Only NNSW Football could come up with a system whereby Kahibah 17s get the benefit of the away goal rule when they play at Kahibah Oval!

Semi Final 2:
1st: Wallsend 3-2 Lakes
23's: Cessnock 1-1 Thornton
19's: Belswans 2-1 Lakes
17's: Wallsend 2-2 Lakes

Retro Jet
15-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Semi Final 1: update
1st: Kahibah 0-0 Valentine (0 all almost HT? No update from Twitter/Newysports at time of post)
23's: Lakes 2-0 Valentine
19's: Cooks Hill 0-3 Valentine (LSF picked this one...)
17's: Cooks Hill 0-0 Kahibah

Ty doin' the good stuff and keeping us up to date on Twitter (aka Twatter)
https://twitter.com/newysports

NewyTy
15-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Semi Final 1: update
1st: Kahibah 0-0 Valentine (0 all almost HT? No update from Twitter/Newysports at time of post)
23's: Lakes 2-0 Valentine
19's: Cooks Hill 0-3 Valentine (LSF picked this one...)
17's: Cooks Hill 0-0 Kahibah

Ty doin' the good stuff and keeping us up to date on Twitter (aka Twatter)
https://twitter.com/newysports

Thanks for the plug mate. Scoreless at half time. Kahibah doing pretty well though.

Retro Jet
15-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the plug mate. Scoreless at half time. Kahibah doing pretty well though.

No worries and sorry about the Twatter comment - but you know me...I don't have a straight name for anything.
My kids think that place with the blue sign with white writing at Marketown is called 'Officejerks' :wacko:

NewyTy
15-08-2015, 04:37 PM
No worries and sorry about the Twatter comment - but you know me...I don't have a straight name for anything.
My kids think that place with the blue sign with white writing at Marketown is called 'Officejerks' :wacko:

All good! Officejerks is a good one haha

rijid
15-08-2015, 05:24 PM
FT Valo 1 - Kahibah 0

sancho_theswan
16-08-2015, 02:59 PM
U 17's
Wallsend 1 - Lakes 1
U19's
BelSwans 1 - Lakes 3.

NewyTy
16-08-2015, 04:22 PM
U23's: Cessnock 2-2 Thornton
1st Grade Half Time: Wallsend 1-1 Lakes

Retro Jet
17-08-2015, 12:55 AM
U23's: Cessnock 2-2 Thornton
1st Grade Half Time: Wallsend 1-1 Lakes

Last tweet from Ty (https://twitter.com/hashtag/walvlmc?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash) was 1-2 to Lakes.
Nothing there on SP at time of this post.
Dunno if that's home club or Northern's responsibility...

NewyTy
17-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Last tweet from Ty (https://twitter.com/hashtag/walvlmc?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash) was 1-2 to Lakes.
Nothing there on SP at time of this post.
Dunno if that's home club or Northern's responsibility...

Battery ran out, updated Facebook but not Twitter. Finished 3-1 to Lakes with two mid-second half goals to Sam Walker giving them the advantage in the latter period of the game. Chris Walker out of the finals with a broken wrist so Lakes won't be full strength but hard to see a way back in for Wallsend. Also, bar/lounge area at Wallsend is top notch. Best vantage point in the league and very laid back.

LongSufferingFan
20-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Looks like I picked the result in 4 from 8 last week including the exact score in one game.
Too bad you can't bet on these games or I could have made some money.

I underestimated Lakes - they did better than I was expecting from 19s and up.
Even the 17s game on the Sunday I thought they were unlucky not to win - two shots hit the cross bar early and they conceded at the death.

Fearless tips for this week (Newy Ty don't let me influence your tips!)

Semi Final 1:
1st: Valentine 2-2 Kahibah (Valentine to win on Aggregate 3-2)
23's: Valentine 3-1 Lakes (aggregate 3-3 Valentine to win on penalties)
19's: Valentine 3-1 Cooks Hill (Valentine to win on aggregate 6-1)
17's: Kahibah 2-0 Cooks Hill (Kahibah to win on aggregate 2-0)

Semi Final 2:
1st: Lakes 2-2 Wallsend (Lakes to win on aggregate 5-3)
23's: Thornton 3-1 Cessnock (Thornton to win on aggregate 5-3)
19's: Lakes 2-2 Belswans (Lakes to win on aggregate 5-3)
17's: Lakes 3-0 Wallsend (Lakes to win on aggregate 4-1)

Good luck to all teams though - should be a good weekend of football.

Local Rules
20-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Looks like I picked the result in 4 from 8 last week including the exact score in one game.

Even the 17s game on the Sunday I thought they were unlucky not to win - two shots hit the cross bar early and they conceded at the death.

Semi Final 1:

Semi Final 2:

Congrats on getting so many correct .If your score is correct in 23's Valo v Lakes it would mean Lakes go through on away goals rule.

LongSufferingFan
20-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Congrats on getting so many correct .If your score is correct in 23's Valo v Lakes it would mean Lakes go through on away goals rule.

You are correct. Well picked up LR.

I forgot for a minute about the away goal rule. Adds another twist to the games this weekend.
Very intriguing - I am going to try to get to both days.

onthebench
20-08-2015, 02:55 PM

Semi Final 1:

Semi Final 2:

I think you are about right on your predictions , but I think the two 17s semis could go either way , Cooks hill kept Kahibah goal less first semi, giving the Cooks hill boys renewed hope, and Wallsend were all over Lakes in the last 15 minutes, both forwards running straight down the guts of Lakes , causing lakes some dramas thus giving away a penalty with some panicked defending . Good luck to all teams .

NewyTy
20-08-2015, 03:11 PM
I think you are about right on your predictions , but I think the two 17s semis could go either way , Cooks hill kept Kahibah goal less first semi, giving the Cooks hill boys renewed hope, and Wallsend were all over Lakes in the last 15 minutes, both forwards running straight down the guts of Lakes , causing lakes some dramas thus giving away a penalty with some panicked defending . Good luck to all teams .

Kahibah were a bit off last week and this is coming from a Cookers man. I hope our boys can win it as it'd be great to have one of the club's team there on the big day (obviously the 19's aren't much of a chance) and yes I thought Wallsend killed it in the final twenty against Lakes. That sub on the right wing for Wallsend changed the game when he came on. Both 17's games are evenly poised. I'm keen for both days.

onthebench
20-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Kahibah were a bit off last week and this is coming from a Cookers man. I hope our boys can win it as it'd be great to have one of the club's team there on the big day (obviously the 19's aren't much of a chance) and yes I thought Wallsend killed it in the final twenty against Lakes. That sub on the right wing for Wallsend changed the game when he came on. Both 17's games are evenly poised. I'm keen for both days.

I think it was the guy that came on as right forward/winger in the last 20 you talking about , totally changed the pace of the game , I was at the cookers game yes Kahibah were a bit off , that's finals football though

NewyTy
20-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Semi Final 1:
1st: Valentine 2-1 Kahibah (Valentine to win on Aggregate 3-1)
23's: Valentine 2-1 Lakes (Lakes to win on Aggregate 3-2)
19's: Valentine 2-1 Cooks Hill (Valentine to win on aggregate 5-1)

Semi Final 2:
1st: Lakes 2-0 Wallsend (Lakes to win on aggregate 3-1)
23's: Thornton 2-2 Cessnock (Cessnock to win via Penalties)
19's: Lakes 2-1 Belswans (Lakes to win on aggregate 5-2)
17's: Lakes 2-0 Wallsend (Lakes to win on aggregate 3-1)

And my in-depth preview for each game is at the link below:

http://www.newysports.com/2015/08/preview-new-fm-semi-finals-week-2.html

NewyTy
22-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Semi Final Results (Saturday 22/8-Cahill Oval)

1st: Valentine 3-1 Kahibah (4-1 on Aggregate)
-Kahibah missed some crucial chances and dominated for large periods of the game. Valentine scored one in the 86th and then three more. Kahibah got one late. Four goals in eight minutes at the end.

23's: Valentine 0-0 Lakes (2-0 Lakes on Aggregate)
-Not much to say about this one. Valo missed some chances but neither team set the world on fire. Fairly boring game for the neutral, IMO.

19's: Valentine 0-1 Cooks Hill (3-1 Valo on Aggregate)
-Valo missed a bucketload of chances. Crazy how they couldn't even get one in the net. Cookers did okay but were always going to find it tough to come back from 3-0. Good to end the season with a win.

17's: Kahibah 1-1 Cooks Hill (Cookers Win 1-1 on Away Goals)
-Game of the Day in my opinion. This one had everything. Cookers scored in the first minute which stunned everyone (including themselves I think) but Kahibah kept coming and coming. 1-1 at half-time and the second half was just all Kahibah. Cookers held on for dear life and the goalkeeper pulled off one of the most spectacular backwards diving saves to just send it over the bar in the last few moments. A gutsy win for the Cooks Hill boys.

Imyourhero
23-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Is it confirmed grand finals to be played at jack mclaughlan?

hawk
23-08-2015, 07:07 PM
todays score?

The General
23-08-2015, 07:13 PM
todays score?

Wallsend won 6-1

hawk
23-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Wallsend won 6-1

no way :shock: What a turn around

De-Champ
24-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Sounds like a close game

The Postman
24-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Everyone at the ground not dressed in Blue and Yellow was going for Wallsend.

The General
24-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Everyone at the ground not dressed in Blue and Yellow was going for Wallsend.

Who is coaching Lakes next year?

football_macigian23
24-08-2015, 11:15 PM
Apparently Lakes are looking at Magic 16A coach for next season 17s?

The Postman
25-08-2015, 01:22 AM
Who is coaching Lakes next year?

If true, it will be a MASSIVE shock, although the coach in question did manage to get some decent results this year.

Retro Jet
25-08-2015, 09:41 AM
SP still showing GF venue as TBA :blush:

NewyTy
25-08-2015, 10:17 AM
SP still showing GF venue as TBA :blush:

SP had it as Valentine v Lakes for about 24 hours till it was fixed yesterday. You watch Northern show up on Sunday and pretend they care about the New-FM League. Although wouldn't be a surprise to not see them as NPL Semi's are on. And wouldn't be surprised to see Edgeworth charge for parking and program and probably $15 for entry. Wish it was at a NewFM ground.

winner
25-08-2015, 10:36 AM
SP had it as Valentine v Lakes for about 24 hours till it was fixed yesterday. You watch Northern show up on Sunday and pretend they care about the New-FM League. Although wouldn't be a surprise to not see them as NPL Semi's are on. And wouldn't be surprised to see Edgeworth charge for parking and program and probably $15 for entry. Wish it was at a NewFM ground.
Will be interested in seeing the surface for Sunday's gf. With this rain all week and edgy hosting the npl semi against magic on Saturday i would expect the ground to be in poor condition come Sunday. How do nnsw come up with these decisions

ForeverRed
25-08-2015, 10:50 AM
It's the edgy/magic love affair nnswf have, it's all a bit embarrassing at times

NewyTy
25-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Will be interested in seeing the surface for Sunday's gf. With this rain all week and edgy hosting the npl semi against magic on Saturday i would expect the ground to be in poor condition come Sunday. How do nnsw come up with these decisions

You tell me. Out of the four major GF's (NPL, NewFM, WPL & NPL Youth) two are at Magic and two are at Edgeworth. Can't tell me Adamstown isn't capable but they're not in bed with Northern. How about hosting the GF at Lakes or Wallsend.

Edit: Let's just be thankful they're not hosting it at the $12 million black hole as they call it.

hamburgler
25-08-2015, 11:04 AM
If true, it will be a MASSIVE shock, although the coach in question did manage to get some decent results this year.

You gonna share anything, or keep us guessing?

The General
25-08-2015, 11:46 AM
You gonna share anything, or keep us guessing?

Agreed Postman - Fill us in. Where did they coach?

The Cookaburra Kid
25-08-2015, 11:53 AM
have heard strong reports its a current NEWFM coach- can you confirm postman?

The Postman
25-08-2015, 12:14 PM
have heard strong reports its a current NEWFM coach- can you confirm postman?

Correct

The Cookaburra Kid
25-08-2015, 12:45 PM
from a club that just missed out on the finals? that had plenty of cash to spend? im sure lakes will give him a large amount of funds to spend?

ForeverRed
25-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Bailey

EH9
25-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Word on the street is the GF will be transferred away from Edgeworth

The Baby Piglet
25-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Bailey

Did hear earlier in the year that the singleton committee weren't very happy with this conduct particularly on match days. Word was they were going to move him on.

NewyTy
25-08-2015, 02:41 PM
Did hear earlier in the year that the singleton committee weren't very happy with this conduct particularly on match days. Word was they were going to move him on.

Can't blame them. Bloke wouldn't shut up even when they were up 4-1! Surely they'd have said something by now if the GF was moved.

EH9
25-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Can't blame them. Bloke wouldn't shut up even when they were up 4-1! Surely they'd have said something by now if the GF was moved.

They are currently negotiating with a club to see if they will host it.

LongSufferingFan
25-08-2015, 02:48 PM

Fox Sport Pulse fixtures say venue tba

Newsfeed
25-08-2015, 02:49 PM
They are currently negotiating with a club to see if they will host it.

Who

winner
25-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Who
My guess would be either Adamstown or Lakes

NewyTy
25-08-2015, 03:57 PM
My guess would be either Adamstown or Lakes

Adamstown would be great. Would be interesting to see Valo v Walllsend in a GF at Lakes though.

EH9
25-08-2015, 04:09 PM
I believe Lakes. Big challenge to get ready on short notice. Lake Mac Marathon is on Sunday too, so will be interesting how traffic etc will be managed.

The Postman
25-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Magic Park?

The Cookaburra Kid
25-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Lakes field would have been cut to pieces from last weekends fixtures

GO AWAY
25-08-2015, 05:32 PM

Lyall peacock

The Postman
25-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Lyall peacock

The League is away this weekend, so it is a possibility, the field has never looked better IMO.

terryk
25-08-2015, 05:53 PM
It's the edgy/magic love affair nnswf have, it's all a bit embarrassing at times

Don't worry FR. You will have the best ground in New Fm next year. You can start your own love affair with Northern. I mean the chicken coup grandstand at Edgy is a tad embarrassing or is that grandstand somewhere else?

NewyTy
25-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Just wanted to put in and say that the AthField is available :rof:. In all seriousness though wouldn't mind seeing it at Westy for old times sake. Hopefully they can make a decision soon.

Retro Jet
25-08-2015, 06:16 PM

This...and the fact that 3 LMFC teams are featuring too.
I think it will go elswhere.

Bremsstrahlung
25-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Don't worry FR. You will have the best ground in New Fm next year. You can start your own love affair with Northern. I mean the chicken coup grandstand at Edgy is a tad embarrassing or is that grandstand somewhere else?

I think you have a love affair with southy and FR...
90% of your posts are about southy.
Did forever red knock you back or something?

ForeverRed
25-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Poor bugger, he can't let go, I did tell him we only sign good blokes at the gunners and he need not apply, I was gentle

winner
25-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Word on the street is the GF will be transferred away from Edgeworth

My question here is. Did northern take the GF off of Edgeworth and if so why. Or did Edgeworth pull out of hosting it

Newsfeed
26-08-2015, 01:38 PM
According to fox sports pulse, Weston are hosting grand finals.

NewyTy
26-08-2015, 01:56 PM
According to fox sports pulse, Weston are hosting grand finals.

Bloody hell. Why would they move it out there. Why not Adamstown or somewhere closer to the city.

LongSufferingFan
26-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Bloody hell. Why would they move it out there. Why not Adamstown or somewhere closer to the city.

Should be moved to a NewFM ground.
I'm surprised it is not at Lakes, their ground looked ok to me there after last weeks games.
From a spectators point of view it is one of the best viewing grounds when there is a large crowd. Good views from all around the ground.

Hope your rant about Lakes didn't influence the decision NewyTy.

Not sure if I could be bothered going all the way out to Weston.

NewyTy
26-08-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm surprised it is not at Lakes, their ground looked ok to me there after last weeks games.
From a spectators point of view it is one of the best viewing grounds when there is a large crowd. Good views from all around the ground.

I don't have my own transport so will find it tough to get to Weston. Might grab a lift with one of the Cookers boys. I've got nothing against Weston as I like it out there but I feel as though Magic or Adamstown would have been a better choice being more central. Doubt Northern took anything I said about Lakes into the decision, NNSWF don't listen to me.

Dontknowmuch
26-08-2015, 02:23 PM
I don't have my own transport so will find it tough to get to Weston. Might grab a lift with one of the Cookers boys. I've got nothing against Weston as I like it out there but I feel as though Magic or Adamstown would have been a better choice being more central. Doubt Northern took anything I said about Lakes into the decision, NNSWF don't listen to me.

They inspected Westons ground yesterday then went and inspected Lakes ground after that, so they were considered. As of last night it was between leaving it at Edgeworth or going to Weston, sounds like Weston has been chosen.

LongSufferingFan
26-08-2015, 03:32 PM
They inspected Westons ground yesterday then went and inspected Lakes ground after that, so they were considered. As of last night it was between leaving it at Edgeworth or going to Weston, sounds like Weston has been chosen.

That's very interesting. Why would they choose Weston over Lakes? I was out there 6 weeks or so and the ground condition was average.

I was on the hill last Sunday and thought lakes did a pretty good job of hosting the semi from my vantage point.

Beers were cold, no queues. There were two duty officers on the hill all day in the rain and they dealt with the crowd pretty well from what I could see. Spent most of their time on traffic control.

I thought it was a nice touch changing the team names on their big scoreboard for each game. Little things I know but they looked organized and well staffed to cope with the gf.

Imyourhero
26-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Weston is likely to handle any rain we get the next few days better than most other grounds, probably just ensures more chance of games 100% being played.

LongSufferingFan
26-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Weston is likely to handle any rain we get the next few days better than most other grounds, probably just ensures more chance of games 100% being played.

Possibly your right but nnswfootball will miss out on gate. I reckon you'd get a lot more independent people to Speers point rather than Weston. They won't be getting my $15 this week. (Or whatever the price is).

NewyTy
26-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Possibly your right but nnswfootball will miss out on gate. I reckon you'd get a lot more independent people to Speers point rather than Weston. They won't be getting my $15 this week. (Or whatever the price is).

Totally agree with this. I'll be there as I'm a diehard fan of the New-FM league but being at Weston is a poor choice for any neutrals that might want to go watch. Much easier to stay central and go watch Hamilton play Lambton in NPL Semis. I feel like Weston is too far for neutrals, good for the Cessnock boys from last week who promised to cheer on Wallsend. Some funny guys in that bunch.

Newsfeed
26-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Totally agree with this. I'll be there as I'm a diehard fan of the New-FM league but being at Weston is a poor choice for any neutrals that might want to go watch. Much easier to stay central and go watch Hamilton play Lambton in NPL Semis. I feel like Weston is too far for neutrals, good for the Cessnock boys from last week who promised to cheer on Wallsend. Some funny guys in that bunch.

Any positives?

Dontknowmuch
26-08-2015, 03:53 PM
That's very interesting. Why would they choose Weston over Lakes? I was out there 6 weeks or so and the ground condition was average.

I was on the hill last Sunday and thought lakes did a pretty good job of hosting the semi from my vantage point.

Beers were cold, no queues. There were two duty officers on the hill all day in the rain and they dealt with the crowd pretty well from what I could see. Spent most of their time on traffic control.

I thought it was a nice touch changing the team names on their big scoreboard for each game. Little things I know but they looked organized and well staffed to cope with the gf.

Hopefully they didnt get it based on the committees attitude to opposition clubs and complete arrogance they have towards any other NewFM club. Never more evident than how they treated Wallsend post game last week after they were beaten and I believe Kahibah a few weeks ago. Not to mention how they treated the Cessnock supporters and players last Sunday.Why should they be rewarded when their committee/duty officers behave so poorly. I hope any club hosts the GF other than Lakes even Magic. Maybe thats going a bit far but at least they are respectful and polite whilst taking all the money from other clubs.

zzzzzzzzzz
26-08-2015, 03:58 PM
I've been told there is a marathon or some other running festival at Speers Point on Sunday, would have made parking and access a nightmare...

JCBT
26-08-2015, 04:09 PM

30mins from the middle of Newcastle to Weston, how long does it take you to get Speers Point? Not much difference in travel times for all people involved.
Get out more and stop your whinging.

NewyTy
26-08-2015, 04:12 PM
For those who haven't seen Northern's Facebook post, they've confirmed the move to Rockwell Automation Park. Here's hoping they don't do an Edgeworth and get people to pay for parking, pay for programs and pay like $15 to get in. Should be $5 entry like every other New-FM game.

Retro Jet
26-08-2015, 06:41 PM
For those who haven't seen Northern's Facebook post, they've confirmed the move to Rockwell Automation Park. Here's hoping they don't do an Edgeworth and get people to pay for parking, pay for programs and pay like $15 to get in. Should be $5 entry like every other New-FM game.

Definitely taking my VIP card then...
31min without traffic on Google Maps Hamilton (as a central ref point) to Weston.
via the A15/M15

See you on the grey strip Ty!

NewyTy
26-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Definitely taking my VIP card then...

+ 31min without traffic on Google Maps Hamilton (as a central ref point) to Weston.
via the A15/M15

See you on the grey strip Ty.

Might need to bum a ride off you. Might ask some of the boys, is the team bus still in operation by any chance, would love to ride in style!

Retro Jet
26-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Might need to bum a ride off you. Might ask some of the boys, is the team bus still in operation by any chance, would love to ride in style!

Munt Bus is more a 23's entity but I'l make enquiries. Happy for you to catch a ride up + RC too.

sancho_theswan
26-08-2015, 06:53 PM
30mins from the middle of Newcastle to Weston, how long does it take you to get Speers Point? Not much difference in travel times for all people involved.
Get out more and stop your whinging.

Might take Valo a little longer 30 mins however. Seeing how they have to drive up from Terrigal….haha!!!!

ForeverRed
26-08-2015, 07:08 PM
theres plenty of fun police at weston, good luck enjoying yourself

front2
26-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Haha what a stinker. Saturday morning traffic after 9am is like peak time. If you are traveling from Speer's point area you are at best 20min in front of inner suburb travelers.

Zico
26-08-2015, 10:00 PM
theres plenty of fun police at weston, good luck enjoying yourself
You are going to take your mate MFKS's tag as the most negative fu@ker on the forum.

The Postman
26-08-2015, 10:21 PM
That grandstand though

monz6
26-08-2015, 11:21 PM
Ty I can't believe you haven't been thrown out of the forum let alone driven out of Newcastle for suggesting Magic :popcorn:

NewyTy
26-08-2015, 11:27 PM
I haven't been thrown out. I would have rathered Adamstown. Love their ground. I'm considering doing interviews for the games this week so hoping Weston will be accommodating do and allow me to grab team sheets and stuff. I'm sure they'll be good.

Ker-Plunk
26-08-2015, 11:42 PM
rockin/roll park an awful choice . good luck pushing through the cattle gates to reach the chuck wagon . dust mask ready for when the coal train comes rattling by . cant see the action ? jump up on the coal seam gas tank , remember not smoke tho ! good luck getting a park , I thinks there is a boot scooting and banjo regatta same day at the werrkers .

The Magician
26-08-2015, 11:45 PM
rockin/roll park an awful choice . good luck pushing through the cattle gates to reach the chuck wagon . dust mask ready for when the coal train comes rattling by . cant see the action ? jump up on the coal seam gas tank , remember not smoke tho ! good luck getting a park , I thinks there is a boot scooting and banjo regatta same day at the werrkers .

KENO machine ain't working at the Werrkers too... The locals will be restless!!!

Retro Jet
27-08-2015, 01:38 AM
Hiss - swipe...
A saucer of milk to the NewFM forum please.

Newsfeed
27-08-2015, 10:24 PM
Enough trash talk of Weston, judge the day once it's done. Has anyone got any match previews?

onlooker
27-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Just saw Thornton have signed Jamie Subat from Weston for next season, very handy pick up for them. Jamie is quality

NewyTy
27-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Enough trash talk of Weston, judge the day once it's done. Has anyone got any match previews?

Here's my site's preview. Big day for both clubs. Especially Wallsend

http://www.newysports.com/2015/08/preview-new-fm-1st-division-grand-final.html

BP Super Dynamos
28-08-2015, 09:49 AM
Just saw Thornton have signed Jamie Subat from Weston for next season, very handy pick up for them. Jamie is quality

He's getting a bit old, and still has the occasional brain fart

front2
28-08-2015, 11:59 PM
Valentine
Lakes
Valentine
CooksHill

magician
29-08-2015, 06:03 PM
About time that hack played to his ability

seldom
29-08-2015, 10:32 PM
about time that hack played to his ability

snap

MFKS
30-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Apparently Wallsend won the GF 1-0 over Valo today from what I hear

ForeverRed
30-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Correct, poor crowd numbers wise, good goal by wallsend, solo effort, neither team rarely threatened opposition goal

MFKS
30-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Correct, poor crowd numbers wise, good goal by wallsend, solo effort, neither team rarely threatened opposition goal

No surprise FR

The effort by Northern to have an NPL GF qualifier on the same day is not gonna help New FM GF cause and add in the fact they put it in butt **** nowhere ie the other side of Kurri then what do you expect??

Northerns decision here is its usual poor form you find from them

ForeverRed
30-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Why the hell newfm clubs are putting money in westons pocket is beyond me

Ker-Plunk
30-08-2015, 07:30 PM
ditto , gf should be played at a new fm ground . smells of an insider hand shake .

monz6
30-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Valentine
Lakes
Valentine
CooksHill

4 from 4!

Drunken ranger
30-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Valentine
Lakes
Valentine