View Full Version : 2015 NEW FM League thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

boz-monaut
10-01-2015, 12:28 PM
discussion here

MFKS
10-01-2015, 01:44 PM
No Trolling

Are we gonna have a competitive league here this season or is it gonna be another two horse race between Valo and Lakes for promotion with the rest a long way behind again??

How are the new clubs promoted from Zone shaping up???

Imyourhero
10-01-2015, 02:04 PM
I think it will definitely be mainly a two horse race between these two but i don't think you will see two teams go through pretty much undefeated like the last few years. Below the top 2 spots will be much much more competitive though.

ForeverRed
10-01-2015, 02:51 PM
wallsend have signed chris gazzard, dave hodgson, mat wilesmith, mitchell cook & paul wheeler, will be there abouts

Football life
10-01-2015, 07:12 PM
wallsend have signed chris gazzard, dave hodgson, mat wilesmith, mitchell cook & paul wheeler, will be there abouts

Along with the players they already have, they could be the dark horses I reckon. Haven't heard too much about the other clubs except for Mark Wilson going to west wallsend. Champion player he is so that will help them out no doubt.

Football life
10-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Early top 4 prediction
Valentine
Wallsend
Lakes
Westy

wannabe
11-01-2015, 09:49 AM
heard from a reliable sauce yesterday,hodgson is staying at Olympic

wannabe
11-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Valo
westy
cooks hill
wallsend

Football life
11-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Valo
westy
cooks hill
wallsend

No Lakes there? Westy will have to turn the club upside down if they are to finish in the top few also

wannabe
11-01-2015, 11:35 AM
No Lakes there? Westy will have to turn the club upside down if they are to finish in the top few also
Lakes have lost quite a few players from what ivhave heard . Nathan archibald,jake keprotes,olivieri, danial clements,aspinall. Thats half their starting side and I cant see their new coach recruiting too much quality. He is over 60 and has been out of the coaching game for a few years. On westy,I think they will turn it around big time this year. Mark Wilson may be 40 but he is still quality and will dominate the midfield in this comp. This signing alone will attract players and I have heard a lot of the good yiunger players who left westy and went to barnsley such as kyke clarke and the jones brothers will return to westy. Throw into that whatever players follow gary rowe over from lakes and I think they will be more thzn competitive

Football life
11-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Lakes have lost quite a few players from what ivhave heard . Nathan archibald,jake keprotes,olivieri, danial clements,aspinall. Thats half their starting side and I cant see their new coach recruiting too much quality. He is over 60 and has been out of the coaching game for a few years. On westy,I think they will turn it around big time this year. Mark Wilson may be 40 but he is still quality and will dominate the midfield in this comp. This signing alone will attract players and I have heard a lot of the good yiunger players who left westy and went to barnsley such as kyke clarke and the jones brothers will return to westy. Throw into that whatever players follow gary rowe over from lakes and I think they will be more thzn competitive

Yeh fair enough. Lakes will still have the walker boys running around so I still think they will be strong in this comp. Agree with you about Wilso, he will still prove to be a handful in the midfield. Pace will be the only thing he might struggle with. It will be interesting to see how Westy and Wallsend do in the same comp. 3rd or 4th league in as many years for Wallsend and Westy rebuilding, should be a good derby to watch!

Elude
11-01-2015, 03:16 PM
I think the comp will be more open this season, it would be very tough to pick a top 4.
If Valentine have been able to secure their team from last year, they will most likely win the comp. Likewise with Belswans, if they have kept their squad they will be a hard team to beat at home.

Any news on how other teams have recruited?

tucker's daughter
11-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Yeh fair enough. Lakes will still have the walker boys running around so I still think they will be strong in this comp. Agree with you about Wilso, he will still prove to be a handful in the midfield. Pace will be the only thing he might struggle with. It will be interesting to see how Westy and Wallsend do in the same comp. 3rd or 4th league in as many years for Wallsend and Westy rebuilding, should be a good derby to watch!

Wilso has never had much pace to speak of,he has just been a box to box player with brilliant engines. Apparently he just ran a marathon in NZ so it looks like the engine still ticks over. This will be the best signing in the comp. New coach Gary Rowe has also been followed over from lakes by jarryd olivieri andCameron Aspinall as well as enticing keeper tyler warren back to theclub to replace shalimov in goals. Add to this Clarke and the jones boys and westy is building nicely. have also heard gary Wilson is coming out of retirement to have a season with his brother. in their day these two were both quality and given that they could quite easily attract a handful of players who would want to play alongside the brothers or used to be coached by them ,they are 2 very astute signings. On shalimov, I heard he has signed as lakes 1st grade keeper to replace archie. Hardly an encouraging signing,shal would have to be 50 and let in 99 odd goals at westy last year.

Football life
11-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Wilso has never had much pace to speak of,he has just been a box to box player with brilliant engines. Apparently he just ran a marathon in NZ so it looks like the engine still ticks over. This will be the best signing in the comp. New coach Gary Rowe has also been followed over from lakes by jarryd olivieri andCameron Aspinall as well as enticing keeper tyler warren back to theclub to replace shalimov in goals. Add to this Clarke and the jones boys and westy is building nicely. have also heard gary Wilson is coming out of retirement to have a season with his brother. in their day these two were both quality and given that they could quite easily attract a handful of players who would want to play alongside the brothers or used to be coached by them ,they are 2 very astute signings. On shalimov, I heard he has signed as lakes 1st grade keeper to replace archie. Hardly an encouraging signing,shal would have to be 50 and let in 99 odd goals at westy last year.

Yes very true, you know what you'll get out of Wilso every game and that's box to box. No doubt he will attract some players there which is great for Westy! Sounds like there will be a lot of strong teams and more importantly clubs that are looking to take it to the next level which is great because newfm standard has been lacking for a few years now. Bring on the season!

JCBT
13-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Shalimov is not the first grade keeper at Lakes.

Football lover
13-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Shalimov is not the first grade keeper at Lakes.

I herd Blake Redman is the 1st grade keeper?

boz-monaut
13-01-2015, 02:57 PM
can you lot learn to use the return key?

shesh

pagey85
13-01-2015, 10:10 PM

Not too sure about the Jones boys going back to Westy.
we are hoping to persuade them to stay

The Postman
13-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Have been told Shal is First Grade back at the Stags :banghead:

Redman has signed on as a Field Player

front2
13-01-2015, 11:21 PM
Wow! The NewFM comp has gone from being a completion of garbage in many afterthoughts to a super competitive comp in just one season.

Predictions.
Valo
Cessnock
Westy
Lakes / Thornton
In any order.

Allimpic
14-01-2015, 09:55 AM
How's everyone going for trials and are any coming up.
Most of ours are Central Coast way and then Maitland in a couple of weeks.

Bremsstrahlung
14-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Redman has signed on as a Field Player

Always a field player.
So promising coming through the younger groups as a Central Defender/Fullback/Wingback. Then all of a sudden, GK. Not bad, but better field player.

Football lover
15-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Always a field player.
So promising coming through the younger groups as a Central Defender/Fullback/Wingback. Then all of a sudden, GK. Not bad, but better field player.

Bloke has had more clubs then jack Nicklaus

EH9
15-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Bloke has had more clubs then jack Nicklaus

Edgy, Westy and whoever he plays for next. Have I missed one?

Imyourhero
15-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Any trials coming up for teams?

JCBT
23-01-2015, 12:09 AM
Andrew Goldman is the First Grade Keeper

GO AWAY
26-01-2015, 06:54 PM

Shal is at stags ..... And lost 5-1 to university 😱

wannabe
26-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Shal is at stags ..... And lost 5-1 to university 😱
Another long year ahead for the stags by the look of it. Who is coaching out tronna this year

wannabe
26-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Has goldman left azzurri

GO AWAY
26-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Has goldman left azzurri
Yes

GO AWAY
26-01-2015, 08:13 PM
Another long year ahead for the stags by the look of it. Who is coaching out tronna this year
Not sure, his names tony, last name ends in " ski " or " vic " and had some ties with magic I think ??? Hope this helps haha

TXK
27-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Not sure, his names tony, last name ends in " ski " or " vic " and had some ties with magic I think ??? Hope this helps haha

Tony "TJ" Jocevski...

With Magic 22's last year and previously with Lakes Reserves when they were in NewFM.

Football life
27-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Tony "TJ" Jocevski...

With Magic 22's last year and previously with Lakes Reserves when they were in NewFM.

Good bloke, terrible coach though. Good luck to Toronto!

amishpanda
01-02-2015, 07:05 PM
I'll predict:

Valo
Lakes
Belswans
...with Cookers, Thornton, Wallsend or Cessnock to round out the four.

I would guess that the top three will romp it home.

LongSufferingFan
09-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Based on player movement and trial form I think this comp is going to be pretty close and throw up a few surprises.

My Prediction in order are:

1. Lakes (Have lost a few players but still lots of quality for this level)
2. Valentine
3. Wallsend (The smokey! Seem to be building nicely)
4. Cessnock
5. Kahibah (do well early but struggle with lack of depth)
6. Bel-swans
7. Thornton
8. West Wallsend
9. Cooks Hill (won't have the depth)
10. Singleton
11. Toronto Awaba

The Postman
09-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Based on player movement and trial form I think this comp is going to be pretty close and throw up a few surprises.

My Prediction in order are:

1. Lakes (Have lost a few players but still lots of quality for this level)
2. Valentine
3. Wallsend (The smokey! Seem to be building nicely)
4. Cessnock
5. Kahibah (do well early but struggle with lack of depth)
6. Bel-swans
7. Thornton
8. West Wallsend
9. Cooks Hill (won't have the depth)
10. Singleton
11. Toronto Awaba

Belswans and Thornton so low? Both made the finals last year

I changed my user name
09-02-2015, 08:39 PM
For first time in a long time the NewfM could prove a tasty little comp in 2015. Without to much faith and expecting a few surprises along the way I will go with this prediction.

Valo
Wallsend
Lakes
Belswans
Singo
West Wallsend
Cessnock
Cooks Hill
Kahibah
Thornton
Toronto

LongSufferingFan
10-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Anything is possible but word is Belswans and Thornton have both lost players.
Cerda was Thornton's leading goalscorer last season and he has left.

Also I think the standard of the NEWFM comp this season will be much higher than last season so all teams are going to have to improve just to maintain their spots from last season.

leftrightout
10-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Anyone else hear that a few players have walked out on West Wallsend already?

Football lover
10-02-2015, 03:27 PM
1 first grader gone back to New Lambton.

Kyle Clarke that's all.

Supersub
10-02-2015, 07:57 PM
1 first grader gone back to New Lambton.

Did the jones boys end up going back to westy surely big a boost for them if they did

leftrightout
10-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Not sure, think a guy from Barnsley said they were hoping to keep hold of them somewhere in this tread.

pagey85
11-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Not sure, think a guy from Barnsley said they were hoping to keep hold of them somewhere in this tread.

yeah we are unsure now.
we were talking to them for a while, but we havent had a yes or no yet

pagey85
11-02-2015, 10:03 PM
If it's the guy I am thinking of he turned up at a few NBN clubs last year and got the told thanks but no thanks........

i think you may be a little confused about the conversation

But the Jones brothers are at westy apparently
we were informed at training tonight

Moley
18-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Which players have Lakes, Valo lost/recruited?

I think it will defo be between these 2 for promotion and Wallsend will sneak 3rd place.

Elude
18-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Won't surpise me if its Wallsend and Valo top 2. Lakes will be there abouts obviously. Signings like Dave Hodgson and wheeler etc will make Wallsend a hard team to beat. But it's football, anything can happen. Anyone know how Westy are shaping up? Toronto seem to be the favourite for wooden spoon going off pre season results

It's hard to judge a team based on pre season.

Football life
18-02-2015, 05:13 PM
It's hard to judge a team based on pre season.
That's very true. Pre season form doesn't count for too much. Hearing who is out there though, I would have them in my bottom few teams. Just my opinion though, they could come out and surprise everyone! I hope they do

sancho_theswan
20-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Yaaaawwwnnnnnnn!!!!!

Imyourhero
20-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Very quiet out Belmont way this pre-season Sancho!

Premy
20-02-2015, 05:07 PM
If rumors are true Kahibah will take some beating.

gny
20-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Premy they are well drilled. They've got a formation to suit, be hard to break down, but will struggle up front again

Premy
20-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Premy they are well drilled. They've got a formation to suit, be hard to break down, but will struggle up front again

Yeah the rumor I had heard was dismissed by a good source anyway, all the best for them anyhow.
Are you putting the gloves on again this season?

gny
20-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Could be one of 3 people haha,
Yeah but back at terrace, got a few things to get sorted this year, house and so on,
Get back into it next season

LongSufferingFan
25-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Just noticed that SportsHunter have a preview of some of the NEWFM teams on their website.

http://sportshunter.com.au/category/football/

Newsfeed
25-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Cessnock played Weston tonight. 1sts 5-3 loss & 22s 4-1 loss.
Not sure on strengths of squads but Cessnock seemed improved on last season.

IM A GUNNER!
26-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Cessnock played Weston tonight. 1sts 5-3 loss & 22s 4-1 loss.
Not sure on strengths of squads but Cessnock seemed improved on last season.

Wasn't a bad game lastnight cessnock looks like they recruited pretty well. Weston will miss Evans this season but.

IM A GUNNER!
03-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Predictions round 1:

Cooks hill United 1 - 4 Cessnock city
Belmont Swansea 3 -2 singleton
West Wallsend 2 - 2 Kahibah fc
Lake Macquarie 5 - 0 Toronto awaba
Valentine fc 7 - 2 Wallsend fc
Thornton 0 - 4 bye fc for the upset 👍

salmon
03-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Predictions round 1:

Thornton 0 - 4 bye fc for the upset ��

When does the comp start?

Imyourhero
03-03-2015, 09:33 AM
This weekend

LongSufferingFan
03-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Is the Westy ground going to be ok for this weekend?

Apparently the FFA Cup games scheduled there last weekend had to be postponed due to ground issues.

Football life
03-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Predictions round 1:

I hope some of those score lines are wrong. Hoping to see all the games with only a goal in it but I fear the likes of Valentine and Lakes could put on some big scores this year. Hopefully not for Newfm's sake! I'd be surprised if Wallsend conceded 7 against Valentine and I think Lakes could possibly put more in against Toronto. I'll back Cooks Hill to win their 1st game and Kahibah to win also.

LongSufferingFan
03-03-2015, 09:49 AM
Predictions round 1:

Agree Cessnock over Cooks Hill by 3 goals.
Singleton over Belswans 2-1
Westy to beat Kahibah 3-1
Lake Macquarie City to thump Toronto Awaba 8-0
Valentine 4-1 over Wallsend
Thornton should get over the Bye but only just.

Interesting how everyone has a different opinion - hope this comp throws up some upsets each week for interest.

sancho_theswan
03-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Agree Cessnock over Cooks Hill by 3 goals.
Singleton over Belswans 2-1
Westy to beat Kahibah 3-1
Lake Macquarie City to thump Toronto Awaba 8-0
Valentine 4-1 over Wallsend
Thornton should get over the Bye but only just.

Interesting how everyone has a different opinion - hope this comp throws up some upsets each week for interest.

Singleton over BelSwans? ????? Hmm how many years since they got all three points at Blacksmiths. .... big call.
The bye will be interesting, all teams will take a week to get ovee it!

The Reganam
03-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Cessnock draw Cooks Hill 2-2
Belswans Over Singleton 2-1
Kahibah over Westy 3-1
Lake Macquarie City over Toronto Awaba 4-1
Valentine 6-2 over Wallsend
Agree Thornton should get over the "Bye"

Good Luck!

MFKS
03-03-2015, 06:31 PM
ROUND 1 HOME V AWAY VENUE 1st GRADE
Saturday 7 March
Cooks Hill United FC
V
Cessnock City FC
Newcastle Athletics Field
2:30pm

Saturday 7 March
Belmont Swansea United SC
V
Singleton SC
Blacksmiths Oval
4:00pm

Sunday 8 March
West Wallsend SFC
V
Kahibah FC
Johnston Park

Sunday 8 March
Lake Macquarie City FC
V
Toronto Awaba FC
Macquarie Field

Sunday 8 March
Valentine FC
V
Wallsend FC
Baxter Field
3:30pm

Thornton Redbacks FC
Bye

Might go watch a game this weekend.

Which is the match up there that looks like really shit team V really shit team????

De-Champ
03-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Cooks Hill V Cessnock looks the best game for me

IM A GUNNER!
03-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Cooks Hill V Cessnock looks the best game for me

Who has Cessnock signed? Flying under the radar from what I'm hearing. Cooks hill might have a chance.

Imyourhero
03-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Stay at home, MFKS. Save everyone the mental anguish.

MFKS
03-03-2015, 08:19 PM
Stay at home, MFKS. Save everyone the mental anguish.

Just for that I might go to a game Saturday and Sunday now :thumbsup:

Imyourhero
03-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Thornton are playing Weston I believe due to their bye

boz-monaut
03-03-2015, 09:08 PM
it is Cooks Hill United first ever game in the State Leagues - for a measly $5 entry on the day you'll be able to tell the grand kids you were there

TXK
03-03-2015, 09:19 PM
it is Cooks Hill United first ever game in the State Leagues - for a measly $5 entry on the day you'll be able to tell the grand kids you were there

If there are cold beers and they are many, I will be there for sure :rof:

boz-monaut
03-03-2015, 09:26 PM
yes, we have a liquor licence and several fridges full of beer to sell to increasingly happy punters

please drink responsibly

Zico
03-03-2015, 10:50 PM
ROUND 1 HOME V AWAY VENUE 1st GRADE
Saturday 7 March
Cooks Hill United FC
V
Cessnock City FC

Saturday 7 March
Belmont Swansea United SC
V
Singleton SC
Blacksmiths Oval
4:00pm

Sunday 8 March
West Wallsend SFC
V
Kahibah FC
Johnston Park

Sunday 8 March
Lake Macquarie City FC
V
Toronto Awaba FC
Macquarie Field

Sunday 8 March
Valentine FC
V
Wallsend FC
Baxter Field
3:30pm

Thornton Redbacks FC
Bye

Might go watch a game this weekend.

Which is the match up there that looks like really shit team V really shit team????
F#ck you are negative c*nt.
Save your money on what you will consider as an over priced admission cost

Bremsstrahlung
03-03-2015, 11:13 PM
Baxter field... Seriously?

zzzzzzzzzz
03-03-2015, 11:58 PM
Have a look at the draw, with such an early start to the season and many grounds not available, Valo have been asked to host 3 of the first 4 games at our training ground.

Bremsstrahlung
04-03-2015, 12:20 AM
Have a look at the draw, with such an early start to the season and many grounds not available, Valo have been asked to host 3 of the first 4 games at our training ground.

Cmon now, the federation didn't call you up "hey valentine, we were wondering if you could host some games at your training field instead of your home ground, thanks"
You're using the field because you do not have access to Cahill Oval, as it is leased out to cricket and Run n Cuddle.
And which of the other NPL/NEW FM clubs don't have access to their fields?

zzzzzzzzzz
04-03-2015, 12:49 AM
for the first month of the competition, there are no home games at Thornton, Belmont, Singleton and Kahibah so I'm assuming what northern said is true.... Cricket is the reason for Cahill, possibly Rye Grass for some of the others but at least we still have options.... so that why Baxter...

amishpanda
04-03-2015, 06:41 AM
Predictions round 1:

Cooks hill United 1 - 2 Cessnock city
Belmont Swansea 2 -2 singleton
West Wallsend 2 - 1 Kahibah fc
Lake Macquarie 4 - 0 Toronto awaba
Valentine fc 4 - 2 Wallsend fc

Zico
04-03-2015, 07:19 AM
for the first month of the competition, there are no home games at Thornton, Belmont, Singleton and Kahibah so I'm assuming what northern said is true.... Cricket is the reason for Cahill, possibly Rye Grass for some of the others but at least we still have options.... so that why Baxter...
This will get MFKS going.

Bremsstrahlung
04-03-2015, 07:54 AM
Does this prevent Valentine from meeting the NPL criteria? The fact that "their" ground is not available for the duration of the season?
And does Baxter meet criteria? Last time I was there it was terrible. Valentine juniors would be a much better option imo

GO AWAY
04-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Why is everyone writing Toronto Awaba off ?

zzzzzzzzzz
04-03-2015, 09:05 AM
A quick check of the draws shows the realities of shared community facilities... Darling St and Ulinga also have cricket this weekend. We have tenure at Cahill for winter, as do cricket for summer. This is just a unusually early start. The surface at Baxter is much improved and is used for all our pre season trials and as the home for the WPL.

Valo Junior grounds have not been available since December due to ground works finished last week, with Rye Grass due to go in sometime over the next month

Imyourhero
04-03-2015, 09:22 AM
My predictions;
Cooks Hill 2-2 Cessnock
Belmont Swansea 2-1 Singo
West Wallsend 0-2 Kahibah
Lake Macquarie 1-1 Toronto
Valentine 4-1 Wallsend

The Postman
04-03-2015, 09:22 AM
A quick check of the draws shows the realities of shared community facilities... Darling St and Ulinga also have cricket this weekend. We have tenure at Cahill for winter, as do cricket for summer. This is just a unusually early start. The surface at Baxter is much improved and is used for all our pre season trials and as the home for the WPL.

Valo Junior grounds have not been available since December due to ground works finished last week, with Rye Grass due to go in sometime over the next month

Lyall Peacock is another shard ground, Stags prefer Sunday, Scorpions prefer Saturdays, so only 4 Weekends this year with 2 games.

Home game in Round 2, then a break till Round 8 - Winter Grass...

The Postman
04-03-2015, 09:24 AM
Cooks Hill 1 - 3 Cessnock
Belmont Swansea 3 - 1 Singo
West Wallsend 1 - 1 Kahibah
Lake Macquarie 3 - 2 Toronto
Valentine 5 - 1 Wallsend

GO AWAY
04-03-2015, 10:42 AM
Cooks Hill 1-0
Singleton 2-1
Kahibah 3-0
Lakes 3-1
Draw

scouser
04-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Cooks Hill 1 Cessnock 2
Belswans 2 Singleton 0
Kahibah 3 West Wallsend 1
Lake Macquarie 2 Toronto 0
Valentine 6 Wallsend 1

AJW01
04-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Cooks Hill 2 Cessnock 4
Belswans 3 Singleton 2
West Wallsend 2 Kahibah 1
Lake Macquarie 2 Toronto 0
Valentine 5 Wallsend 0

MFKS
04-03-2015, 03:24 PM
This will get MFKS going.

Why??

Not following.

Sometimes Zico you go off on a tangent as the red mist descends when it comes to me

AJW01
04-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Cessnock 4 Kurri Kurri 0

LongSufferingFan
05-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Anyone wish to comment on the inclusion of 17s into NewFM?

Is it a good thing (for player development),
or a bad thing (now 4 games in one day - longer day, more damage to fields)?

How are some clubs going to find the players?

The Postman
05-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Anyone wish to comment on the inclusion of 17s into NewFM?

Is it a good thing (for player development),
or a bad thing (now 4 games in one day - longer day, more damage to fields)?

How are some clubs going to find the players?

Can't speak for any other clubs but Toronto have done quite well. Basically a whole team of the Juniors 15s have come over. 4/5 of these players already have played some 23s and a few played some first grade. There is lot of potential in this group.

LongSufferingFan
05-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Can't speak for any other clubs but Toronto have done quite well. Basically a whole team of the Juniors 15s have come over. 4/5 of these players already have played some 23s and a few played some first grade. There is lot of potential in this group.

I would think the three new clubs should have strong 17's given they are big junior clubs.
Be interesting to see which established clubs can be strong in this age group.

My tips for the 17s comp in order:
Lakes
Valo
Kahibah
Wallsend
Cooks Hill
Thornton
Toronto
Cessnock
Belswans
Singleton
West Wallsend

Based purely on their perceived quality of their junior development programs and feeder systems.
(Apologies in advance if Ive written off teams that have a development program that I don't know about!)

Why Blue
05-03-2015, 02:24 PM
I would think the three new clubs should have strong 17's given they are big junior clubs.
Be interesting to see which established clubs can be strong in this age group.

My tips for the 17s comp in order:
Lakes
Valo
Kahibah
Wallsend
Cooks Hill
Thornton
Toronto
Cessnock
Belswans
Singleton
West Wallsend

Based purely on their perceived quality of their junior development programs and feeder systems.
(Apologies in advance if Ive written off teams that have a development program that I don't know about!)

Wallsend 4th ???? really. comp must not be strong

CCB U/15's, so 14 yo boys beat them 5-1 a couple of weeks ago................stinkin hot day with only 2 subs...........
I know...........trial only but just saying............

football_macigian23
05-03-2015, 09:33 PM
I believe Lakes 17 NEWFM have about 10 players and the coach from Magic's 16A side last year that finished 1st and lost only once

EH9
05-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Word is that the Federation are unable to provide referees to all U17's games so have told clubs they need to supply club referees and linesman for those games. Hardly seems appropriate to install a competition when you can't provide officials to marshal it.

Why Blue
06-03-2015, 07:43 AM
I believe Lakes 17 NEWFM have about 10 players and the coach from Magic's 16A side last year that finished 1st and lost only once

and these guys have been training 3 nights and sundays since before xmas...............

MFKS
06-03-2015, 07:57 AM
Word is that the Federation are unable to provide referees to all U17's games so have told clubs they need to supply club referees and linesman for those games. Hardly seems appropriate to install a competition when you can't provide officials to marshal it.

So considering this is probably the only football comp to have started this weekend in the Hunter exactly how can they not be able to rustle up refs??

Bit of a concern going forward when the NPL starts and every other comp starts

Why Blue
06-03-2015, 08:28 AM
So considering this is probably the only football comp to have started this weekend in the Hunter exactly how can they not be able to rustle up refs??

Bit of a concern going forward when the NPL starts and every other comp starts

NPL Youth comp starts this weekend..............so there goes the best ref's.............................

Bremsstrahlung
06-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Perhaps the real question is why are there not enough referees?
The game needs referees just as much as marquee players, just as much as new drainage, just as much as players, coaches and spectators.

I'd be curious to know how many foz users referee or have refereed at some point. The foz users are some of the most passionate about our game, and if say only 10% of foz users have refereed, that's not speaking too highly for the appeal of being a ref.

When I first started, the Rooball concept was in full force. And you are refereeing 5 year olds kicking a tiny ball into pieces of PVC pipe. Now, some of the stuff I heard coaches saying, parents yelling out would make you cringe. Now, each year they used to take on 20-30 referees in Macquarie. Not sure as to those figures now. But I daresay you lose about 30% of that original group each year, for various reason. The most common reason and thought process is that it's not worth it.
So your second year, you start moving up to the full field and maybe go up to U/14s. (This has probably changed due to no refs being needed til what, u12s now?) and you get to deal with all the A grade coaches and parents who thought their children fart Armani cologne or perfume. The stuff you heard at Rooball, it gets worse, parents/coaches make comments after the game as you walk back to the sheds, or line up at the canteen. There's an unhealthy culture in junior sport whereby it seems acceptable to ridicule referees.
So, if you've made it this far, you start to deal with the testosterone filled adolescents and maybe some representative games. This is where the occasional player dissent from 14 year olds, turns into expletive riddled verbal abuse. From both players and coaches now. Players try and fight each other and tackles become more and more dangerous.
If you decide you're a sucker for punishment, the next step is all age, with experienced referees mentoring you as a linesman. Now all age is a very mixed bag. As I'm sure most understand. Some P grade games have the nicest guys all just having a fun, kick around in good spirits, whereas the next P grade game is riddled with more swearing, abuse, threats, dangerous tackles, etc. by this stage you decide whether you want to venture into state league referees and do some NPL youth games, where the parents are worse, the coaches are too and the players see mum and dad yelling, their coach yelling and think they can too.

What I've detailed, some happened to me, some my friends and colleagues. Some games were an absolute pleasure, even the tough and sometimes dirty games, were good. As long as everyone is respectful, there's no worries. As you get older, you can deal with things better. You have passive retorts. You can reason and liaise with players better. You can tell them, "I don't come and swear at you when you make a mistake and miss a shot, what makes me any different to you?". But for young up and coming referees, the abuse is not acceptable and turns people off. As a result, the referees are more inexperienced, and compound the issue.

Just my 2 cents on the referee situation. For the record, our region is quite lucky to have such a large number of referees. In Sydney, their "park soccer" (all age/juniors) rarely have official referees.

Leftback at Home
06-03-2015, 11:18 AM
I did some Unoffical ref work when I was younger & enjoyed it even though there was abuse. I've played the game, I've officiated other sports & I think I'd do a good job. The thing that stopped me taking it further was that I don't want to Ref Junior or Park matches I want to do State & Zone leagues but I don't have 9hrs of my weekend available to give up. I have enquired about the ability to do one match a day but no dice. You need to be able for all the games on the day. I'm sorry but I can't do that, I have other parts of my life to attend to.

scouser
06-03-2015, 12:33 PM
I was lucky enough to get away with refereeing state league one day and playing newfm the other back in the day after refereeing juniors and all age for a long time. Commitments to playing and club committees came first and eventually gave up refereeing officially. Family commitments with a young baby and missus as well as injuries sees me only as a spectator these days.

punter
06-03-2015, 04:16 PM

Thornton, Singleton and Kahibah also have cricket problems as does Valentine but the other 3 than get care of there ground and do not still have to share.
I heard valentine have to share with Rugby, Rugby League, Baseball, Netball, Handball and Bingo.

ForeverRed
06-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Chicks play footy there to

IM A GUNNER!
06-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Went past cooks hill field today and there's no goal grass hasn't been mowed do they even know that the comp starts tomoz? Lol

boz-monaut
06-03-2015, 06:16 PM
are we supposed to keep the goals up when we're not playing? we're stupidly been locking them safely away in our shed we got built when we got the grandstand upgraded by lobbying Council

we're new to this competition and are obviously not across these important rules

IM A GUNNER!
06-03-2015, 07:08 PM
are we supposed to keep the goals up when we're not playing? we're stupidly been locking them safely away in our shed we got built when we got the grandstand upgraded by lobbying Council

we're new to this competition and are obviously not across these important rules

Sorry mate just doesn't look like anyone hasnt been there in 10 years there grass is 3 foot high and no lines marked?

boz-monaut
06-03-2015, 08:33 PM
people have been there in the past ten years and even though I'm not in charge of such matters, I'm pretty sure the grass has been mown and lines marked

are you sure you were at the correct place?

zzzzzzzzzz
06-03-2015, 08:48 PM
people have been there in the past ten years and even though I'm not in charge of such matters, I'm pretty sure the grass has been mown and lines marked

welcome to NEW FM..... its a tough crowd :)

IM A GUNNER!
06-03-2015, 09:19 PM

There's only 1 Newcastle athletics field right? Not trying to be a rule **** just say what I sore today mate. ✌️

SubZero
06-03-2015, 09:33 PM
There's only 1 Newcastle athletics field right? Not trying to be a rule **** just say what I sore today mate. ✌️

I just went past the Athletic field and it looks better than ever

front2
07-03-2015, 12:56 AM
I went past Newcastle Ath Fld a few months ago. The ground was enclosed and the gates locked. So I must say it was hard to see if the lines were marked and grass in the goal mouths.

Bremsstrahlung
07-03-2015, 01:33 AM

My eyes are bleeding.

late_to_the_game
07-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Athletics field is as good as it gets at the moment - games going well. Talking to one of the Cooks Hill people they have engaged Grant Matthews to advise them, he maintains the Uni fields the Jets use and helps out Magic and Hamilton with their fields. So they are obviously trying as hard as they can. (Member take note!)

MFKS
07-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Athletics field is as good as it gets at the moment - games going well. Talking to one of the Cooks Hill people they have engaged Grant Matthews to advise them, he maintains the Uni fields the Jets use and helps out Magic and Hamilton with their fields. So they are obviously trying as hard as they can. (Member take note!)
Magic have a quality surface. Never thought Olympics was the greatest though

The Postman
07-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Cessnock v Cooks Hill
Firsts 1 - 1
23s 2 - 1

boz-monaut
07-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Cooks Hill should have put the game away several times - but we certainly weren't out classed

unfortunately the 900 mm grass obscured my view and without lines it was difficult to tell what was going on, also I this guy on the bench for Cessnock obscured my view for a large part of the game

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/ronaldmcdonald/images/9/93/Grimacefullbody.jpg

GO AWAY
07-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Bel swans 1-0 singo

IM A GUNNER!
08-03-2015, 04:04 AM
Cooks Hill should have put the game away several times - but we certainly weren't out classed

unfortunately the 900 mm grass obscured my view and without lines it was difficult to tell what was going on, also I this guy on the bench for Cessnock obscured my view for a large part of the game

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/ronaldmcdonald/images/9/93/Grimacefullbody.jpg

Been told lambton Jaffas 22s are after cessnocks 23s Keeper don't know if it's true or not?

sancho_theswan
08-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Results from yesterday at "Beautiful Blacksmiths Oval".
U/17's BelSwans 4-1 win.
U/19's BelSwans 5-0 win.
U/23's 1-1 draw (boring).
1st's BelSwans 1-0 win.
I'm sure the coaching staff at Blacksmiths will be more than happy with the start! 10 points for round 1.

seldom
08-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Who's coaching there now Sancho ?

sancho_theswan
08-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Who's coaching there now Sancho ?

Paul Matthews - a great bloke and local legend. He was Shooter's assistant the last few years. Some "young gun" called Vitza is his assistant in 2015.

MFKS
08-03-2015, 05:15 PM

Westie down 1-0 at HT and overturned the deficit in the second half.

From what I seen they will be a lot better than last year competitive wise. Not quite semi final candidates but mid table prospect. There No 10 looks alright at this level

Kahibah well there keeper went well but from what I seen nothing flash and will be mid table lower table. I thought they had Kwasnik Gumprecht playing??

Not the most exciting game in the first half with only a bit more action in the second.

Imyourhero
08-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Any other results from today?

football_macigian23
08-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Any other results from today?

17s 4-1
19s 2-1
23s 5-1
1st 6-1

All to Lakes over Toronto!

Imyourhero
08-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Long season ahead for toronto?

football_macigian23
08-03-2015, 06:11 PM

I wasn't there but from the person I was speaking to he's happy to write Toronto off

amishpanda
08-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Valentine v Wallsend
17's: 1-2
19's: 2-1
23's: 5-1
1st's: 2-1

Valo first grade went down to 10 men after 20mins or so due to violent conduct.

Retro Jet
08-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Cooks Hill v Cessnock
Firsts 1 - 1 (HT 1-0)
23s 1 - 2 (HT 1-2)
Fixed

Sorry dude. I'm a bit of a stickler/nazi for Home team listed first...

Other grades (if you can't be bothered looking them up on SP)
U19's 0 - 1 (HT nfi!)
U17's 4 - 1 (HT 1-1)

I put in the 1st grade FT score and updated it on SP with in 60 seconds of the FT whistle y/day. (as Boz is my witness!)
It's my intention to use the 'Progressive score' function on SP when Cookers play at home (and away too if I'm there)
That shouldn't ruffle away teams feathers as it's only the FT score that is official and posted on SP. That's strictly a home club task.

seldom
08-03-2015, 08:32 PM

Westie down 1-0 at HT and overturned the deficit in the second half.

From what I seen they will be a lot better than last year competitive wise. Not quite semi final candidates but mid table prospect. There No 10 looks alright at this level

Kahibah well there keeper went well but from what I seen nothing flash and will be mid table lower table. I thought they had Kwasnik Gumprecht playing??

Not the most exciting game in the first half with only a bit more action in the second.

Gumprecht was playing CB in the FFA cup.

I changed my user name
08-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Anyone go to the cooks v cessnock game .

Fairly sure cooks will go well this year and hope they do .

Good club who have got a good coach in place and the junior part of the club is tremendous .

Also great that Newcastle has a few teams locally playing in the competition again which makes it easy to go watch a game .

TXK
08-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Anyone go to the cooks v cessnock game .

Fairly sure cooks will go well this year and hope they do .

Good club who have got a good coach in place and the junior part of the club is tremendous .

Also great that Newcastle has a few teams locally playing in the competition again which makes it easy to go watch a game .

Went to the Cookers game and they will be fine, probably should have put a couple more in the back of the net.

Dougy West still a class act also. Looked like they were missing a couple of players from previous week in the cup as well.

I changed my user name
08-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Doug west is a class act that's for sure .

NewyTy
08-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Went to the Cookers game on Saturday. Was my first NewFM game (after a couple years watching NBN/NPL) and I was pretty impressed. Both teams played a high attacking game and both really went all out to try and get the three points. An okay crowd too, Cooks Hill had their reserves and what not watching and there were a few people from Cessnock as well which was good to see.

I play AA for Cookers and the feeling around the club is positive at the moment. They've got ambitions to reach NPL within a few seasons. And agree on the Newcastle bit at the end. It's a bit much to get out to Singo or Cessnock to watch a NewFM game so it's great to see Cooks Hill and Wallsend up there, Kahibah as well. Hoping it'll be an entertaining comp to watch. Will only make Newy football stronger.

LongSufferingFan
09-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Wallsend 4th ???? really. comp must not be strong

CCB U/15's, so 14 yo boys beat them 5-1 a couple of weeks ago................stinkin hot day with only 2 subs...........
I know...........trial only but just saying............

Wallsend 17s knocked off Valentine 2-1. Lakes 4-1 over Toronto.

I'll stand by my predictions for the 17s from last week:
Lakes
Valo
Kahibah
Wallsend
Cooks Hill
Thornton
Toronto
Cessnock
Belswans
Singleton
West Wallsend

Imyourhero
09-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Quite a subdued opening weekend.

GO AWAY
09-03-2015, 11:30 AM

First round, hard to gauge, and against one of the competition heavyweights.

Admittedly losses to morissett and Jesmond are not a good look, rather then a 6-1 loss to lakes.

MFKS
09-03-2015, 11:47 AM
First round, hard to gauge, and against one of the competition heavyweights.

Admittedly losses to morissett and Jesmond are not a good look, rather then a 6-1 loss to lakes.

What do you mean hard to gauge??

They got spanked and had their arses handed to them by folding like a cheap suit and not putting up much of a fight

Gonna be a long season at Tronto

GO AWAY
09-03-2015, 11:55 AM
What do you mean hard to gauge??

They got spanked and had their arses handed to them by folding like a cheap suit and not putting up much of a fight

Gonna be a long season at Tronto

Wasnt at game, but sad if they went down without a fight.

I still look back to just four years ago when they were equal on top of Newfm with Azzuri and Maitland after the first ten games. :(

SubZero
09-03-2015, 12:03 PM
How is Cooks Hill looking? any thoughts ?

LongSufferingFan
09-03-2015, 12:51 PM

I still look back to just four years ago when they were equal on top of Newfm with Azzuri and Maitland after the first ten games. :(

6/1 result for Toronto looks worse when you factor in they played against 10 men most of the match.
Word I heard was a Lakes Centre back was given a straight red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity early in the first half.

MFKS
09-03-2015, 01:05 PM

Exactly what do you need to have been at the game for???

6-1 says plenty

6-1 when the opponent had 10 men for most of the game says plenty.

Anyone who from this can't see that Tronto are a fair way behind the rest and have lots of work to do are deluded

The Postman
09-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Should read Walker Brothers 6 Toronto 1.

They played far above the level anyone else has played in NewFM for a couple of years now.

Tom Walker I think scored 2 great Free kicks and Sam got a penalty in the second half. Channeling Phil Stubbins, we didn't concede a goal in open play in the second half

While Yes Toronto were no where they needed to be, I don't think anyone gave up.

Long rebuilding season for the Stags.

Football life
09-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Lakes v Wallsend should be a good game this weekend. I'll tip Lakes by a goal or two. As for Toronto, very long year ahead for those boys.. Hopefully they can compete a bit better for the rest of the rounds. I get the feeling it won't just be Valentine & Lakes pushing for top 2. Sides like Cooks hill, westy and wallsend seem strong from what I've heard over round 1. Predictions for round 2 anyone?

onthebench
09-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Hi Sancho , was this against Wallsend , if so u/17s Wallsend defeated bellswans 4-1

MFKS
09-03-2015, 04:06 PM
Lakes v Wallsend should be a good game this weekend. I'll tip Lakes by a goal or two. As for Toronto, very long year ahead for those boys.. Hopefully they can compete a bit better for the rest of the rounds. I get the feeling it won't just be Valentine & Lakes pushing for top 2. Sides like Cooks hill, westy and wallsend seem strong from what I've heard over round 1. Predictions for round 2 anyone?

Westy were not what you would call strong.

The Wilson boys provide a bit of brains and Intelligence on the park. Fitness wise though it is pretty safe to say they don't have the legs or speed they once done.
Mark was playing more in the 10 role but was not doing much chasing back in defence leaving their midfield a little exposed number wise. Though he does make up for it with quality touches and vision far beyond this level.

A side with speed and fitness could easily stretch the shit out of Westy and I would expect the better sides in the comp like Lakes Valo to tear them apart.

Westy are stronger than last year. They ain't semi final prospects though they just aren't the whipping boys they were and will pick up their share of wins this season and will be a lot more competitive against all sides

LongSufferingFan
09-03-2015, 04:30 PM

Ok I'll bite...

Cooks Hill 0 lose to Valentine 5 - Valo to be too strong (unless they play with 10 again!)
Belswans 2 to beat Kahibah 1 - Belswans will be tougher than Westy was for Kahibah.
Toronto 1 lose to West Wallsend 2 - Westy to go top of the table with a 2nd win
Lake Macquarie City 3 to beat Wallsend 1 - I agree match of the round - Tough draw for Wallsend - Valo then Lakes to start!
Cessnock 0 lose to Thornton 2 - Thornton should win this

hawk
10-03-2015, 12:12 AM
tronno has one T fellas.

Is there relo for Newfm this year? cept for last year other years have seen a closed shop

amishpanda
10-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Predictions round 1:

Cooks hill United 1 - 2 Cessnock city
Belmont Swansea 2 -2 singleton
West Wallsend 2 - 1 Kahibah fc
Lake Macquarie 4 - 0 Toronto awaba
Valentine fc 4 - 2 Wallsend fc

That'll teach me for going for the singleton upset. By all accounts they had their chances to equalise and even pinch a win (could be a few biased opinions I'm hearing though).

Bremsstrahlung
10-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Is there relo for Newfm this year? cept for last year other years have seen a closed shop

Don't think so.
I'm thinking there will be a restructure at the end of the season. Hopefully it will lead to the eventual promotion/relegation between all divisions, if teams meet criteria. But the criteria needs to be transparent. Should allow clubs to have "plans" for the future (up to 3 years to implement), but, if they get relegated, they will only be eligible if still on track with their plans.

individual
11-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Being a First Grade Player at Toronto, yes we underperformed against a 10 man outfit, but remember those guys have been playing together for years, our whole squad has been made from scratch. It will take time to adjust to the speed and aggressiveness of this comp.

sancho_theswan
11-03-2015, 05:51 PM
That'll teach me for going for the singleton upset. By all accounts they had their chances to equalise and even pinch a win (could be a few biased opinions I'm hearing though).

Yep! As I said "it's been a long time since Singo has taken all 3 points at Blacksmiths". I must say it was a fairly even contest, although BelSwans did battle the last 50+ minutes with 10 players (Joel Shearer shown 2nd yellow and red card". I did talk briefly to the Shearer brothers after the game and they were impressed with the Singo squad (very competitive) and basically unrecognisable to the brothers. They could only pick out 2-3 players from last year. Personally, I think Singo will upset a few teams this year and will be a lot stronger, especially at home.

sancho_theswan
11-03-2015, 05:55 PM
Hi Sancho , was this against Wallsend , if so u/17s Wallsend defeated bellswans 4-1

Not too sure what your on about???
BelSwans won 4-1 in 17's against Singo (Rnd 1 on Saturday). If you "study" the draw I'm sure you'll find that Wallsend played Valo (at Baxter - how does that meet the criteria Field) on Sunday!!!!

NearlyALegend
11-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Wallsend 17's Beat Valo 2-1 Even though is should of been about 7-2 but Wallsend Beat Belswans 4-1 in a Trial The week before

IM A GUNNER!
11-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Predictions round 2.
Cooks hill 1 - 5 valo
Belmont Swansea 3- 2 Kahibah
Cessnock city 1 - 3 Thornton redbacks
Toronto 0 - 2 west Wallsend
Lake Macquarie 5 -2 Wallsend
Bye over singleton

onthebench
12-03-2015, 11:18 AM
BelSwans won 4-1 in 17's against Singo (Rnd 1 on Saturday). If you "study" the draw I'm sure you'll find that Wallsend played Valo (at Baxter - how does that meet the criteria Field) on Sunday!!!!

Thanks , i thought you were talking about the trial match the week before

onthebench
12-03-2015, 11:24 AM
Wallsend 17's Beat Valo 2-1 Even though is should of been about 7-2 but Wallsend Beat Belswans 4-1 in a Trial The week before

I think once Wallsend 17s get there structure right , more passes will stick , they will be pretty competitive

The Postman
12-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Round 2
Cooks Hill 1 - 4 Valentine
Belmont Swansea 1 - 0 Kahibah
Cessnock 1 - 1 Thornton
Toronto 2 - 2 West Wallsend
Lake Macquarie 4 - 1 Wallsend
Bye 1 - 1 Singleton

scouser
12-03-2015, 12:22 PM

Pretty sure it's already been stated on here that Valo are playing at their training ground due to Cahill Oval being used by cricket and CB Complex has just been returfed.

amishpanda
12-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Round 2:
Cookers 0 - 2 Valentine
BelSwans 3 - 1 Kahibah
Cessnock 2 - 1 Thornton
Toronto 1 - 3 Westy
Lakes 3 - 2 Wallsend

On a side note, is there anywhere you can check the scores or fixtures of the games...besides the PDF draw that Northern released earlier in the year?

Imyourhero
12-03-2015, 01:47 PM
http://northernnswfootball.com.au then go to NEWFM under 'competitions' dropdown menu.

Elude
12-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Round 2:
On a side note, is there anywhere you can check the scores or fixtures of the games...besides the PDF draw that Northern released earlier in the year?

You can download the app from the Apple Store

Fox Sports Pulse
Go into - Football - NNSWF Premier Comps
Right down the bottom is NEWfm, just make sure you pick the correct year cause it has the last few.

curious_fan
13-03-2015, 01:50 PM
http://northernnswfootball.com.au then go to NEWFM under 'competitions' dropdown menu.

Still be careful, the draw I have been given for West Wallsend shows Northern still have not changed the online pdf to show Round 5 is on Good Friday and not Sunday as shown. Round 1 was to have been late kick off's as well but despite giving Westy the approval they never changed the draw and told the referees the wrong time so the games ended up going ahead at normal times.

Rather pathetic really when the Federation can't even update a simple draw.

sancho_theswan
13-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Pretty sure it's already been stated on here that Valo are playing at their training ground due to Cahill Oval being used by cricket and CB Complex has just been returfed.

ok …. so you just play wherever you want then. Maybe they should have gone to Budgewoi - less travel for the players.

The Reganam
13-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Round 2:
Cookers 0 - 3 Valentine
BelSwans 2 - 1 Kahibah
Cessnock 1 - 2 Thornton
Toronto 1 - 3 Westy
Lakes 4 - 1 Wallsend

Zico
13-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Round 2:
Cookers 0 - 3 Valentine
BelSwans 2 - 1 Kahibah
Cessnock 1 - 2 Thornton
Toronto 1 - 3 Westy
Lakes 4 - 1 Wallsend
I think Wallsend will push Lakes harder than that.

hawk
13-03-2015, 10:37 PM
ok …. so you just play wherever you want then. Maybe they should have gone to Budgewoi - less travel for the players.

yeah the ground is average big deal, pity we all cant have a 'cough' boutique ground.

how many coasties are you claiming to be in this side?

ForeverRed
14-03-2015, 07:04 AM
I thought Dudley and bero were kicked out of newfm for having average grounds, funny how things change

boz-monaut
14-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Cooks Hill 1 Valentine 1

Cooks hill missed a penalty and seemed to have the upper hand from the small amount of the second half I saw - the goal, while very high quality lob, was against the run of play in a really well executed counter by Valentine

certainly not the rout many on here predicted

Zico
14-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Valo won't be happy, the door is wide open now.
Massive confidence gained for Cooks Hill boys mate.

boz-monaut
14-03-2015, 05:59 PM
actually it's more a disappointment that we lost another two points

NewyTy
14-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Kahibah 1-1 Belswans. Wasn't there but just saw result.

Cooks Hill were unlucky not to grab the three points. Missed penalty and then a couple of other little chances just in the second half alone. Valo fans seemed a bit disappointed with their side's effort. Didn't get to see Cooks Hill's goal but Valo's equaliser was as good as you'll see on a local field in Newcastle.

IM A GUNNER!
14-03-2015, 09:25 PM
Was at the cooks hill valo game today could of went both ways valo will be disappointed but.

Retro Jet
14-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Kahibah 1-1 Belswans. Wasn't there but just saw result.

Cooks Hill were unlucky not to grab the three points. Missed penalty and then a couple of other little chances just in the second half alone. Valo fans seemed a bit disappointed with their side's effort. Didn't get to see Cooks Hill's goal but Valo's equaliser was as good as you'll see on a local field in Newcastle.

Great through ball form Dougie West to Jackson Pett. Pett slotted it with 2 defenders around him and the keeper advancing. 12th min according to team sheet.
Valo's goal in the 87th.

boz-monaut
15-03-2015, 02:59 PM
this barely literate nonsense from the Zechel family stops here

GO AWAY
15-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Stags 2 westy 2 60thminute

The Postman
15-03-2015, 05:04 PM
Stags 2 westy 2 60thminute

Finished 4-2 to Westy.

Gary Wilson - That is all. And 2 penalties, Stags had a player sent off which led to rout.

ForeverRed
15-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Thornton 2 cessnock 0

AJW01
15-03-2015, 06:31 PM
Lakes 9-4 over Wallsend in 1st grade
Yep that's the actual score.
Wallsend led 3-1 at one stage, got to 4-4 and Lakes running home with it.Let me guess Tom Walker 4 Sam Walker 4 and Dan walker with a cheeky goal aswell

Zico
15-03-2015, 10:02 PM
I think Wallsend will push Lakes harder than that.
Well I fu@ked up on this tip.
Are Lakes smoking faves for promotion? They have scored 15 in 2 games now.

LongSufferingFan
15-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Let me guess Tom Walker 4 Sam Walker 4 and Dan walker with a cheeky goal aswell

Looks like you were close AJW01!
On the results page for this match it says Sam 4 goals, Tom 2, Dan 1, and two other wanna be Walkers that got on the score sheet!

Sideline
15-03-2015, 10:29 PM
was entertaining from a spectators point of view ..... wallsend would be a definant threat if they had a decent keeper and maybe a solid defender slotted into the mix from chatting with a wallsend bloke they have some pretty decent names at the club they just need to sort out the backline

seldom
15-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Well I fu@ked up on this tip.
Are Lakes smoking faves for promotion? They have scored 15 in 2 games now.

Defence could be a problem.

Xander
15-03-2015, 11:09 PM
This Wikipedia page is regularly updated. Bonus of having all divisions in one place too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Northern_NSW_Football_season

Also, you can click on the source link underneath each of the tables to go straight to the appropriate Fox Sports Pulse page.

Check out the links for the individual clubs too. Some might need updating, which I'm sure would be welcomed.

Premy
15-03-2015, 11:51 PM
This Wikipedia page is regularly updated. Bonus of having all divisions in one place too.

Also, you can click on the source link underneath each of the tables to go straight to the appropriate Fox Sports Pulse page.

Check out the links for the individual clubs too. Some might need updating, which I'm sure would be welcomed.
That's actually rather good, good work Datasmack whoever you are. Would be tops if clubs could fix up there own links/pages and update their current squads.

The Postman
17-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Round 3

Belswans v Toronto
Cessnock v Singo
Westy v Lakes
Wallsend v Cooks Hill
Valentine v Thornton

seldom
18-03-2015, 12:38 AM
Round 3

Belswans2 v Toronto0
Cessnock1 v Singo3
Westy1 v Lakes7
Wallsend2 v Cooks Hill2
Valentine3 v Thornton0

:thumbsup:

LongSufferingFan
18-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Round 3

Belswans v Toronto
Cessnock v Singo
Westy v Lakes
Wallsend v Cooks Hill
Valentine v Thornton

Hmm. Interesting match ups this weekend.
Who would have thought at the start of the season that the top of the table clash in round 3 would be Westy v Lakes?
I think the other matches will also clarify where teams stand in relation to each other.

I can see some unpredictable results this weekend however I'll have a stab at:
Belswans 2 v Toronto 1
Cessnock 2 v Singo 2
Westy 2 v Lakes 5
Wallsend 1 v Cooks Hill 1
Valentine 2 v Thornton 1

So far this season I am 6 results correct from 10 and I don't expext my percentages to improve this weekend. Tough round to pick.

IM A GUNNER!
18-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Belswans 3 - 0 Toronto
Cessnock 2 - 4 singleton
Westy 2 - 5 lakes
Wallsend 2 - 2 cooks hill
Valentine 2 - 2 Thornton
Kahibah 0 - 1 bye

NewyTy
19-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Belswans 3-0 Toronto-Awaba
Cessnock 1-2 Singleton
Wallsend 1-1 Cooks Hill
Valentine 2-1 Thornton
West Wallsend 1-5 Lake Macquarie City

I'm 5 from 10 so far. See if that improves this week. Might try and get out to Wallsend and Cookers if I'm not busy.

sancho_theswan
19-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Yep... Cookers v Wallsend should be a pretty good spectacle don't you think?

The Postman
19-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Really enjoying the addition of the 4 new teams. It was getting very stale last year. Seems like every week so far there has been some great games.

Belswans 1 - 2 Toronto
Cessnock 2 - 0 Singleton
Westy 1 - 7 Lakes
Wallsend 1 - 2 Cooks Hill
Valentine 3 - 1 Thornton
Kahibah - Bye

NewyTy
20-03-2015, 01:18 AM
Yep... Cookers v Wallsend should be a pretty good spectacle don't you think?

Valentine v Thornton would be game of the round I reckon. Only reason I'd go watch the Cooks Hill game is because I play in All Age. Local support all the way.

Retro Jet
20-03-2015, 08:05 PM

Wow...6 x 10 (+1 x 11) team divisions. Speaks volumes for where the code is at grass roots level. Onwards and upwards with the round ball code.
It wasn't that long ago Zone Football was struggling to get clubs to put teams in to make up 8 club comps.

A big thank you to Wiki for putting together the Cookers page. Saves me doing it. I can tick that off the To Do list...

lol at the Uni link for ZPL

Premy
20-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Wow...6 x 10 (+1 x 11) team divisions. Speaks volumes for where the code is at grass roots level. Onwards and upwards with the round ball code.
It wasn't that long ago Zone Football was struggling to get clubs to put teams in to make up 8 club comps.

A big thank you to Wiki for putting together the Cookers page. Saves me doing it. I can tick that off the To Do list...

lol at the Uni link for ZPL

Any chance of you putting the current Cookers first grade squad on there?
Maybe some other clubs could do the same.

frankiechav
21-03-2015, 09:50 PM
Belswans 4 - 0 Toronto, nasty leg break delayed the game for an hour in the 1st grade with Belswans 1-0. Belswans played 4 of their U19's squad from last year good to see some young lads getting a hit.

JCBT
21-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Belswans 4 - 0 Toronto, nasty leg break delayed the game for an hour in the 1st grade with Belswans 1-0. Belswans played 4 of their U19's squad from last year good to see some young lads getting a hit.
What were the other grades scores?

The Postman
21-03-2015, 10:11 PM
What were the other grades scores?

23s Belswans 1 - 0 Stags
19s Belswans 2 - 1 Stags
17s Belswans 1 - 5 Stags

The Postman
22-03-2015, 06:11 AM

More on the game. 2 Penalties to give Belswans the lead, first one was very dubious, couple Belswans players on the field even said "how did we get away with that".

That Leg Break was hard to watch, both players kinda went in for a slide tackle, just one of those things. Toronto actually won the foul on the tackle, Go figure

Credit to Belswans they played for the full 3 hours, if Toronto can stay switched on for a full game and improve their discipline it would be a different story.

What a hit son
22-03-2015, 06:49 AM
Belswans had 6/7 first grade players out against Toronto. Great to see some
Local young players step up and play well.

Retro Jet
22-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Belswans had 6/7 first grade players out against Toronto. Great to see some
Local young players step up and play well.

Victims of the Cricket bug?

amishpanda
22-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Wallsend v cooks hill scores went something like;

17's: 1-1
19's: 2-3
23's: 2-5
1st: 3-1

Imyourhero
22-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Thornton v Valo
19s 0-4
23s 3-2
1st 1-6

JCBT
22-03-2015, 10:07 PM
Westy v Lakes
17's 1 - 3
19's 1 - 3
23's 0 - 3
1st 2 - 2
One of those days for Lakes missed Penalty and plenty of missed chances when 2-0 up. Dan Walker sent off (correct decision) but the Westy player who cut Sam Walker down should have been shown a red before that.

backstick
23-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Westy v Lakes
17's 1 - 3
19's 1 - 3
23's 0 - 3
1st 2 - 2
One of those days for Lakes missed Penalty and plenty of missed chances when 2-0 up. Dan Walker sent off (correct decision) but the Westy player who cut Sam Walker down should have been shown a red before that.

Does this mean Lakes aren't as good as earlier predictions were saying, or are Westy a better team then people previously thought?

Football life
23-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Interesting results over the w.e
IMO Lakes are still the team to beat. Great effort from Westy coming back from 2-0 down. Valo an easy win over Thornton, did the score reflect the game? Wallsend looked sharp against Cooks Hill, could of score 6 or 7 in the end. Toronto seem to be struggling the most from what I've heard but hopefully they can get better. It's going to be a close year which is good for the comp!

LongSufferingFan
23-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Does this mean Lakes aren't as good as earlier predictions were saying, or are Westy a better team then people previously thought?

As I predicted at the beginning of the season, this comp will be considerably closer than last season. Lakes and Valo are still the two favourites however a number of teams will be capable of upsetting them on their day. Already after three rounds neither Lakes nor Valo have won away from home!

I saw the Westy v Lakes game and I was very impressed with the Westy players commitment. There have a good side that will win more than their share of games this season. Their keeper had an outstanding game on Sunday to keep them in the contest. I would agree Lakes were unlucky not to get the 3 points - the Westy defender that took out Sam Walker as he was about to shoot from 10 yards out should have been red carded without a doubt. Still Lakes should have done better with the penalty shot.

I agree with JCBT that Lakes were the better side, had the more chances and should have won the game easily - but that's football! Congrats to Westy on sticking to their guns and showing that they will be hard to beat at Wembley!

Elude
23-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Interesting results over the w.e
IMO Lakes are still the team to beat. Great effort from Westy coming back from 2-0 down. Valo an easy win over Thornton, did the score reflect the game? Wallsend looked sharp against Cooks Hill, could of score 6 or 7 in the end. Toronto seem to be struggling the most from what I've heard but hopefully they can get better. It's going to be a close year which is good for the comp!

Thornton played well 2-1 up to 80 minutes, Valo compromised on 2 or 3 underweighted back passes with goals. Valo scored 4 goals in the last 10 minutes with some really well constructed 1 touch play.

curious_fan
24-03-2015, 08:30 AM
the Westy defender that took out Sam Walker as he was about to shoot from 10 yards out should have been red carded without a doubt. Still Lakes should have done better with the penalty shot.

I was sitting down at the end of the ground and when Lakes players questioned not issuing the red card (which I personally hate hearing players do) Byron's reply was that "other defenders were in the vicinity" , not saying he was right or wrong in that regard and the run of the ball was slightly away from goals so it probably met the two big factors in his mind to err on a caution rather than a straight red.

In lower grades, has anyone else been noticing a high number of yellow cards being issued in 17's where the junior referees are filling in? It seems the coaches are doing well making these kids comfortable with a more physical game but our referees are still stuck thinking its U16E grade.

reserveGK22
24-03-2015, 11:46 PM
In lower grades, has anyone else been noticing a high number of yellow cards being issued in 17's where the junior referees are filling in? It seems the coaches are doing well making these kids comfortable with a more physical game but our referees are still stuck thinking its U16E grade.

Junior referees are not filling in, they are the branches responsible for this competition. The same way junior branches cover the NPL Youth.
These player have only just moved up from junior football, and some of them may have come from U16E...

It is a big jump for players and referees, though some referees have already been exposed to the NPL Youth. I guess it depends on who you get for the game.

Club have also been required to send four members to a club referee course in the event there are not referees for the under 17s. This is due to NEWFM club requesting the extra age groups, when is not enough referees to cover these matches.

sancho_theswan
26-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Club have also been required to send four members to a club referee course in the event there are not referees for the under 17s. This is due to NEWFM club requesting the extra age groups, when is not enough referees to cover these matches.

Did some checking and yes clubs were asked to send representatives to do an abridged course in refereeing.
From what I've been told NEWFM clubs didn't actually "request" an Under 17's comp..... but I think that it's a step forward to progress this whole competition. The matter of lack of referees was not raised with the member clubs until after the 17's comp was accepted.

backstick
26-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Round 4

Saturday 28 March
Cooks Hill United FC V Singleton SC

Sunday 29 March
Valentine FC V Kahibah FC
Baxter Field

Sunday 29 March
Cessnock City FC V Toronto Awaba FC - DRAW
Turner Park

Sunday 29 March
West Wallsend SFC V Belmont Swansea United SC
Johnston Park

Sunday 29 March
Wallsend FC V Thornton Redbacks FC
The Gardens

Lake Macquarie City FC
Bye

LongSufferingFan
26-03-2015, 01:24 PM
I am 8 from 15 so far this season so no-one will be interested in my picks however here they are:

Cookers to beat Singleton 2-1
Valentine to beat Kahibah 3-1 (Despite picking up some injuries in last nights FFA Cup game)
Cessnock to beat Toronto 1-0
Westy and Belswans to draw 1-1 (Westy backing up from a good win last night over Thornton)
Wallsend to beat Thornton 3-1 (Home advantage to Wallsend and Thornton played mid week)

The Postman
26-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Cooks Hill 1 - 1 Singleton
Valentine 2 - 1 Kahibah
Cessnock 2 - 2 Toronto
Westy 0 - 0 Belswans
Wallsend 2 - 1 Thornton

curious_fan
27-03-2015, 08:44 AM
Did some checking and yes clubs were asked to send representatives to do an abridged course in refereeing.
From what I've been told NEWFM clubs didn't actually "request" an Under 17's comp..... but I think that it's a step forward to progress this whole competition. The matter of lack of referees was not raised with the member clubs until after the 17's comp was accepted.

Very very True Sancho... I put that to the Secretary of a local club and he confirmed it. Due to a lack of desire by NewFM Clubs to voluntarily go and steal local junior sides and have their own 13, 15, 17's Northern put out a survey asking about expansion. What ages, how many in first year, hub or game day scenario etc.

It came back and clubs were informed it would be 17's, the clubs voted down the hub idea and voted in the interchange not subs for 17's.

It was LATER informed to the clubs the refereeing would be a concern, you may not get all you may not get any officials at times during the year and it may impact NewFm, WPL and NPL Youth. Clubs were told to send min 3 max 5 people to one of two nights to do a 2 hour course on being a linesman.

The next step where the U15's are introduced will be a huge test as then clubs will be forced to run Sat & Sun games which most clubs just don't have the volunteers to do, only other alternative is that I can see if we will start playing 1st Grade at 6pm and clubs won't be going back to sponsors for after match day drinks/dinner any more. But that's an argument for the future.

ForeverRed
27-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Npl clubs has to do the same

Premy
27-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Very very True Sancho... I put that to the Secretary of a local club and he confirmed it. Due to a lack of desire by NewFM Clubs to voluntarily go and steal local junior sides and have their own 13, 15, 17's Northern put out a survey asking about expansion. What ages, how many in first year, hub or game day scenario etc.

It came back and clubs were informed it would be 17's, the clubs voted down the hub idea and voted in the interchange not subs for 17's.

It was LATER informed to the clubs the refereeing would be a concern, you may not get all you may not get any officials at times during the year and it may impact NewFm, WPL and NPL Youth. Clubs were told to send min 3 max 5 people to one of two nights to do a 2 hour course on being a linesman.

The next step where the U15's are introduced will be a huge test as then clubs will be forced to run Sat & Sun games which most clubs just don't have the volunteers to do, only other alternative is that I can see if we will start playing 1st Grade at 6pm and clubs won't be going back to sponsors for after match day drinks/dinner any more. But that's an argument for the future.

15s 9am
17s 10:30am
19s 12:00pm
22s 2pm
1st 4pm

What's hard about that?

Leftback at Home
27-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Many other sports I have had involvement with use club officials accross all grades & levels. I think the issue is the tendancy of those involved at Football clubs wanting to get stuck into officials like it is their god given right, where as from my experience other sports tend to show more appreciation for guys (& gals) sticking their hand up to have a go so everyone benefits.
NBN should be kitted out with a full suite of NNSW Officials across all grades, NEWFM probably 1sts & at least a centre for 23's & at least a centre for Zone League 1st grade but if we all had a better attitude I don't see why club officials couldn't work to alleviate the burdon.

Retro Jet
28-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Cooks Hill v Singleton
TIMERITE Park

1st Cooks Hill 2 v Singleton 0 (HT 1-0)
23's Cooks Hill 1 v Singleton 0 (HT 1-0)
19's Cooks Hill 2 v Singleton 0 (HT 0-0)
17's Cooks Hill 1 v Singleton 0 (HT 1-0)

front2
28-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Coach for Singers. A true gentleman and humble man.

Thomas477
28-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Many other sports I have had involvement with use club officials accross all grades & levels. I think the issue is the tendancy of those involved at Football clubs wanting to get stuck into officials like it is their god given right, where as from my experience other sports tend to show more appreciation for guys (& gals) sticking their hand up to have a go so everyone benefits.
NBN should be kitted out with a full suite of NNSW Officials across all grades, NEWFM probably 1sts & at least a centre for 23's & at least a centre for Zone League 1st grade but if we all had a better attitude I don't see why club officials couldn't work to alleviate the burdon.

Just on this, if we can get more people joining the local junior referees branches, then it will allow the higher qualified referees to be made available for the state leagues. Problem is that the junior branches struggle to cover all the junior games, let alone seniors. We do cover the state leagues when the juniors have the weekend off, but that's 3-4 times a year. I started refereeing last year, and this year I'm doing my level 3, which when I pass it, means I can join state league.

And honestly, it's not that hard to do. The flexibility NFR allow is great. I play, coach and ref, and they'll work around that. If you just want to do mornings, you can do that etc. :)

GO AWAY
30-03-2015, 07:39 AM
any more results ?

GO AWAY
30-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Coach for Singers. A true gentleman and humble man.

Sarcasm at its best ?

backstick
30-03-2015, 08:31 AM
From Sporting pulse website:

Westy 4-1 over Belswans
Cessnock 2-0 over Toronto
No other results up.

GO AWAY
30-03-2015, 08:40 AM
From Sporting pulse website:

Westy 4-1 over Belswans
Cessnock 2-0 over Toronto
No other results up.

Didn't see either game so can't comment. But another loss for the Stags is concerning.

No comment ^^^^

amishpanda
30-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Wallsend V Thornton:

17's: 5-1
19's: No idea sorry
23's: 2-4
1st: 3-1

cymonster
30-03-2015, 09:55 AM
Valo 2-2 kahibah

Xander
30-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Round 4 Table is now up.

2015 NNSW Division 1 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Northern_NSW_Football_season#2015_Northern_NS W_State_League_Division_1)

backstick
02-04-2015, 08:08 AM
Round 5

Lake Macq v Belswans 5-0
Westy v Wallsend 2-1
Singo v Valentine 0-4
Kahibah v Cessnock 3-1
Thornton v Cooks Hill 2-2

tucker's daughter
02-04-2015, 08:34 AM
Round 4 Table is now up.
2015 NNSW Division 1 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Northern_NSW_Football_season#2015_Northern_NS W_State_League_Division_1)

What a turn around from the proud West Wallsend club in the short space of 6 months. After nearly folding and conceding 99 goals and running last in 2014,they currently sit on top of the table alone, undefeated after 3 wins and a draw.
They have also qualified for the last 8 of the ffa cup. I am sure you would have gotten long odds of this happening . Great work from the playing and coaching staff out there and it's great to see this proud old club being competitive again .

amishpanda
02-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Round 5

Lake Macq 3 v 0 Belswans
Westy 1 v 2 Wallsend
Singo 0 v 5 Valentine
Kahibah 0 v 0 Cessnock
Thornton 1 v 2 Cooks Hill

LongSufferingFan
02-04-2015, 12:52 PM
11 from 20 so far...difficult comp to pick

Lake Macq 4 v 1 Belswans
Westy 2 v 2 Wallsend
Singo 1 v 2 Valentine
Kahibah 2 v 0 Cessnock
Thornton 1 v 2 Cooks Hill

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
02-04-2015, 03:04 PM
What a turn around from the proud West Wallsend club in the short space of 6 months. After nearly folding and conceding 99 goals and running last in 2014,they currently sit on top of the table alone, undefeated after 3 wins and a draw.
They have also qualified for the last 8 of the ffa cup. I am sure you would have gotten long odds of this happening . Great work from the playing and coaching staff out there and it's great to see this proud old club being competitive again .

Not having watched them at all this year so just a guess, Ty Jones would have to be a major factor in their success so far. great skill and always looks like he wants it more than everyone else. #fanboy.

NewyTy
02-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Lake Macq 6-2 Belswans
Westy 3-1 Wallsend
Singo 0-3 Valentine
Kahibah 2-1 Cessnock
Thornton 1-2 Cooks Hill

Should be good round although rain might play a part.

The Postman
02-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Lake Macq 4 - 0 Belswans
Westy 3 - 0 Wallsend
Singo 0 - 4 Valentine
Kahibah 1 - 2 Cessnock
Thornton 2 - 0 Cooks Hill

NearlyALegend
02-04-2015, 10:38 PM
anyone know anything about 17's and 19's getting postponed at west wallsend tomorrow?

seldom
03-04-2015, 12:31 AM
Lake Macq 3- 2 Belswans
Westy 0 - 1 Wallsend
Singo 1 - 3 Valentine
Kahibah 3 - 1 Cessnock
Thornton 0 - 2 Cooks Hill

fresh
03-04-2015, 01:37 AM
Preety cool to see the zpl teams doing as every1 from the zone leagues knew they would. (newfm fan boys were sceptical)

Even funnier that they didn't even promote the 3 best teams. Kahibah was 2nd last weren't they?

Some Barnsley players in a team that finished well outside the 4 in zpl go to westy and make a good difference. zpl Swansea beat belswans in their local darby ffa cup. zpl Uni beat wallsend in ffa cup

I guess This does actually seem like league 2 now. But hopefully promotion and relegation will being a few other worthy sides up to make it that bit stronger as well.

MFKS
03-04-2015, 09:51 AM
So I am right that Lakes host Belswans today

And Westy host Wallsend today ???

winner
03-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Not having watched them at all this year so just a guess, Ty Jones would have to be a major factor in their success so far. great skill and always looks like he wants it more than everyone else. #fanboy.
I have heard that their keeper has been keeping them in most of their games. That was certainly the case when I watched the lakes match. They are doing well,but I think wallsend and valentine will be too good for them

dan
03-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Today's results at Wembley
West Wallsend v Wallsend
U23's 2-1
1sts 1-2

SubZero
03-04-2015, 07:43 PM
1sts Lake v Belswans
2-0 (Lake had 10 men for the last 20 mins)

newie4eva
04-04-2015, 04:27 PM
** player signing rumour**
Kieren Delaney back from Army duties and posted to Singleton to sign there this week.

MFKS
05-04-2015, 10:15 AM
After the pasting we got from rain the last few days my plans for today are screwed.

Any of the New FM games survive the weather????

winner
05-04-2015, 10:41 AM
I have heard that their keeper has been keeping them in most of their games. That was certainly the case when I watched the lakes match. They are doing well,but I think wallsend and valentine will be too good for them
Wallsend were a few levels ahead of westy on the day . Looked like Wallsend were the top of the table side and westy a mid table side which is where they will probably finish. Wheeler and Hodgson may be past there best but were still way too classy for westy and if Wallsend can keep these two injury free they will go close to beating valo and lakes to promotion. If they meet the criteria that is

Socceraust
05-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Anyone have todays results please so I can get them on website/facebook/twitter and post tables.

NewyTy
05-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Anyone have todays results please so I can get them on website/facebook/twitter and post tables.

All games were washed out due to Saturday's heavy rain.

Socceraust
05-04-2015, 05:30 PM
All games were washed out due to Saturday's heavy rain.

Thanks.

Didnt realise we lost all three matches

NewyTy
05-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Yeah they called them all off Saturday and now it's been sunny all day today. I was keen to go watch a game but can't control the weather.