PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Zone Premier League thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

boz-monaut
10-01-2015, 12:29 PM
discussion here

hawk
29-01-2015, 12:11 PM
cmon the local league. take me away from this aleague sh*t.

Beeen
29-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Suns recruited quite well i hear.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
29-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Suns recruited quite well i hear.

What's the goss?

Football lover
29-01-2015, 10:04 PM
What's the goss?

Apparentley Dan Palotz Flick (played at olympic) and Jezza van arkalaken playing there been told

Thomas477
29-01-2015, 10:05 PM
I hear that dreadlocked capo of suburbs goes alright

Bon
29-01-2015, 10:38 PM
I hear that dreadlocked capo of suburbs goes alright

You heard wrong.. Too old and slow..
Shit bloke, shit root..

Shere Khan
18-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Pandoras box has just been opened.
Unlimited and unrestricted substitutes in 3rd grade ffs.

leftrightout
19-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Interesting to see some reactions. I think it will be split 50/50 happy to unhappy.

Jardelsimage
19-02-2015, 09:52 AM

unlimited subs in 3rd's, another great decision by the powers that be.
Are we not the premier Zone comp and as we were all told a few years "the gateway to 2hd" and should be producing players and coaches that can go the distance.
Or is this a limited few whining to the powers, need more subs because we don't have the numbers and need to be rotate the players more.
this is exactly how the great decision on making 3rds a 23's comp a few years ago was made, not the majority, just no-one objected so the stone was set, look at it now.
leave unlimited subs to Juniors, AA and the womens comps who want it so everyone gets a game.

Nou Camp
19-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Apparentley Dan Palotz Flick (played at olympic) and Jezza van arkalaken playing there been told

still a few more to confirm but we should be very competitive this season

Skirt Boy
20-02-2015, 10:39 AM

I'm mixed on this. On the one hand I'm relieved I wont have to play a full game but on the other it's just not cricket.

NUGUNS
20-02-2015, 10:57 AM
unlimited subs in 3rd's, another great decision by the powers that be.
Are we not the premier Zone comp and as we were all told a few years "the gateway to 2hd" and should be producing players and coaches that can go the distance.
Or is this a limited few whining to the powers, need more subs because we don't have the numbers and need to be rotate the players more.
this is exactly how the great decision on making 3rds a 23's comp a few years ago was made, not the majority, just no-one objected so the stone was set, look at it now.
leave unlimited subs to Juniors, AA and the womens comps who want it so everyone gets a game.

4 each half and 4 at half time was enough.

No need to make it unlimited, I'm sure some clubs with lower squad numbers will be cheering.

Premy
20-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Just because they are there it doesn't mean that you have to use them.

In my opinion you are at a disadvantage if you continue to change the squad through the game, each player changed will need time to settle in and the squad time to settle after a change. A team that has not made a change will be working in to a game when a team using interchange will constantly be starting to work in a game.

Admittedly 3rd grade may not always be results driven as some clubs may focus more on development then results.

leftrightout
20-02-2015, 11:46 AM

In my opinion you are at a disadvantage if you continue to change the squad through the game, each player changed will need time to settle in and the squad time to settle after a change. A team that has not made a change will be working in to a game when a team using interchange will constantly be starting to work in a game.

Admittedly 3rd grade may not always be results driven as some clubs may focus more on development then results.

I agree with this in a way. I feel that the teams who are working on development are more likely to not make as many changes and let their team settle and get rhythm going. As the year goes on these teams will be harder to beat. Interchange is not a good way to develop players.
As you said though, its not really an issue as you can choose not to use it and do your own thing.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
20-02-2015, 02:03 PM
I personally find it ridiculous to have interchange. It will definitely impact the development of players, not to mention slowing the game to a farcical level if coaches decide to use it that way (and some will).

The additional point is that at semi finals time teams would be able to sub on 5 players from a higher grade to play in that match. They cant start, but could be subbed on after 1 minute. Teams will absolutely abuse this as well (as it has happened many times in the past, even with a 3 only having 3 substitutes).

From my recollection the majority of teams at last years end of season Newcastle Football meeting also advocated for the use of 3 substitutes for all grades in the ZPLK competition. I wonder how Newcastle Football came to the conclusion that interchanges is of benefit to the competition?

Shere Khan
20-02-2015, 06:19 PM
The Zpl meeting last year was pretty much a 50/50 split over interchange v 3 subs. The powers that be were receptive of both arguments.
At the meeting on Wed we were TOLD
that it was interchange. Once again no consultation.
My point was that it opens up a opportunity that maybe to hard to pass when a team is need of slowing things down. There is also no rule to control it. (Although later that night it was pointed out that as Idwtpwh said semi finals are exploitable and they will look at stopping that)
Referees have no power to stop it other then "unsportsmanlike conduct" which can only be dealt with after the game.
The other point was it helps clubs that are struggling for numbers. If your short you can bring in players for quick stints from a higher grade which is a massive gain.

The response to these questions was we probably took the easy way out.

Personally I think as a league that is supposed to preparing for higher levels it's a massive step backwards. No consultation again like the 23's issue.
I'm waiting for all the 3rd grade games this year to see how this pans out.

Premy
20-02-2015, 09:17 PM
The Zpl meeting last year was pretty much a 50/50 split over interchange v 3 subs. The powers that be were receptive of both arguments.
At the meeting on Wed we were TOLD
that it was interchange. Once again no consultation.
My point was that it opens up a opportunity that maybe to hard to pass when a team is need of slowing things down. There is also no rule to control it. (Although later that night it was pointed out that as Idwtpwh said semi finals are exploitable and they will look at stopping that)
Referees have no power to stop it other then "unsportsmanlike conduct" which can only be dealt with after the game.
The other point was it helps clubs that are struggling for numbers. If your short you can bring in players for quick stints from a higher grade which is a massive gain.

The response to these questions was we probably took the easy way out.

Personally I think as a league that is supposed to preparing for higher levels it's a massive step backwards. No consultation again like the 23's issue.
I'm waiting for all the 3rd grade games this year to see how this pans out.
I can't speak on behalf of Suburb, but I have a good relationship with our 3rd grade coach and I will be letting him know my thoughts and asking him not to exploit the rules.
I feel results are important and definitely help morale, but 3rd grade is more about development then a plaque to hang on the club house wall. Throw in the odd Clubman on field to help kids out as well.

hawk
22-02-2015, 11:05 AM

ahem, many a club chase the 3rd grade trophy spesh when all is lost on the top 2.

I agree with this in a way. I feel that the teams who are working on development are more likely to not make as many changes and let their team settle and get rhythm going. As the year goes on these teams will be harder to beat. Interchange is not a good way to develop players.
As you said though, its not really an issue as you can choose not to use it and do your own thing.

ok. if clubs think/want this is a development grade then could always scrap the finals. first past post takes the prize & interchange cant hamper the final series.

Comps still have problems with which players can play in semis & GFs etc. Players who sub on after 2 mins has been done before.

What was the last interchange for 3rd grade? 3 ressies?

Ninja
23-02-2015, 02:08 PM
ok. if clubs think/want this is a development grade then could always scrap the finals. first past post takes the prize & interchange cant hamper the final series.

He never said it was a development grade, just that coaches may look to develop chemistry by keeping the same players on the pitch.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
24-02-2015, 11:35 AM
What was the last interchange for 3rd grade? 3 ressies?

Last season is was that you could make 2 substitutions in the first half, 4 at half time, and 2 in the second half. Where that got that idea from, I have no idea.

hawk
24-02-2015, 08:38 PM
He never said it was a development grade, just that coaches may look to develop chemistry by keeping the same players on the pitch.

if this is the case then clubs can choose not to use the interchange regime.

I think that substitute thing that was in place last year is quite enough. Doesn't need another change.

Anyway at least 3rd grade can be full of club stalwarts again. 23's is out isn't it?

slobsy
25-02-2015, 12:28 AM
if this is the case then clubs can choose not to use the interchange regime.

I think that substitute thing that was in place last year is quite enough. Doesn't need another change.

Anyway at least 3rd grade can be full of club stalwarts again. 23's is out isn't it?

yeah was done away with last year. A few clubs still used 3rd grade as mostly 23's with a couple of older blokes though.

Lofty
25-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Early days.. But are there any predictions for the season?

Also with a couple of big games this weekend for New Lambton, Bero, Jesmond and the Suns in the FFA Cup.

hawk
08-03-2015, 11:15 PM
I saw some Suburbs boys huffing and puffing in the heat today. pity the sprinklers weren't on the top field as well.

Lofty
09-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Suns v New Lambton
Thirds 0-3
Ressies 0-2
Firsts 2-1

Shayne
09-03-2015, 10:25 AM
I saw some Suburbs boys huffing and puffing in the heat today. pity the sprinklers weren't on the top field as well.

Was a bit warm yesterday! Nothing in comparison to Motown last weekend (36+)

No point watering the top field. We put a total of 16 hours on it the day before + on game day two weeks ago, by first grade it was back to its normal cement feel anyway :)

hawk
10-03-2015, 12:29 AM
Was a bit warm yesterday! Nothing in comparison to Motown last weekend (36+)

No point watering the top field. We put a total of 16 hours on it the day before + on game day two weeks ago, by first grade it was back to its normal cement feel anyway :)

poor roi. stuff it, juniors will love it & toughen em up.

NUGUNS
10-03-2015, 11:04 AM
poor roi. stuff it, juniors will love it & toughen em up.

Shin splints at 20 doesn't feel very nice....

lookingforateam
12-03-2015, 11:26 PM
is there any teams in ZPL or lower that still need players in Newcastle / Macquarie region?

Have not played in a while and was interested in having a kick.

WFC_ZL
13-03-2015, 10:05 AM
is there any teams in ZPL or lower that still need players in Newcastle / Macquarie region?

Have not played in a while and was interested in having a kick.

Wallsend ZL3 are looking for more players. Have sent you a pm

Greenz
13-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Any word on who's looking good this year. Mayfield and new lambton will be up there again

Shere Khan
13-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Suns will be contenders as long as they keep their cool.
Bero will be tough to.
Uni have had a few good trials.
Could be a good Zpl year with most teams competitive on their day.

Skirt Boy
02-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Just giving my grade some love.

Lofty
02-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Trial game from last weeked..
Suns v Bero ZL1
First grade: Suns 10-1
Ressies: Suns 2-1
Thirds:7-0

Suns also have a trial game tonight in all three grades against Edgy at Edgy.

Nou Camp
08-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Season starts this weekend
how is everyone looking?

any major gains and losses from last year

Shere Khan
08-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Will be a few old nbn league blokes scattered around this year. Also some good young talent as well.

spamg172
09-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Anyone gonna have a shot at the ladder?
Bero
Uni
Mayfield
Dudley
Barnsley
Suburbs
New Lambton
Suns
Swansea
Cardiff

leftrightout
09-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Anyone gonna have a shot at the ladder?
Bero
Uni
Mayfield
Dudley
Barnsley
Suburbs
New Lambton
Suns
Swansea
Cardiff

Interesting. There has been plenty of talk about Suns so far.
Ill think Mayfield will do it this year. They were great last season and i think will be better again.

Based purely on results ive heard and last seasons performances....

Mayfield
Suns
New Lambton
Bero
Barnsley
Dudley
Uni
Swansea
Suburbs
Cardiff

Shere Khan
09-04-2015, 03:32 PM
Cardiff last hey?
By that reasoning id love to take odds on us making the four.

hawk
10-04-2015, 01:20 AM
Cardiff last hey?
By that reasoning id love to take odds on us making the four.

So what are the player/coach movements at the tigers?

gny
10-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Have herd that cardiff have signed a few handy players, won't be last. Suburbs I think will struggle lost a few from last year,
Also Herd Suns have signed real well and should be up there this season,
Mayfield
Lambton
Suns
Bero
Barnsley
Dudley
Uni
Cardiff
Swansea
Suburbs

Lofty
10-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Tough season to pick I think. With three strong clubs moving to NewFM and the top 3 clubs from ZL1 2014 coming up, I think it really evens out the playing field and it will be really competitive. My uneducated guess;

Mayfield
Suns
Lambton
Bero
Uni
Barnsley
Suburbs
Dudley
Swansea
Cardiff

Lofty
10-04-2015, 02:10 PM
My tips for this weekend

Swansea v Barnsley
Suns v Bero
Suburbs v Cardiff
Uni v Mayfield - Draw
Dudley v New Lambton

ForeverRed
10-04-2015, 03:01 PM
why is every one writing of swansea, they did beat belswans in the ffa cup

Lofty
10-04-2015, 03:19 PM
why is every one writing of swansea, they did beat belswans in the ffa cup

My prediction is a complete uneducated guess. I just feel that the top 5 clubs there will be the strongest over the whole season. I think the comp will be quite close.

Have a stab then.. Where will you place them?

gny
10-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Swansea 1 barnsley 2
Suns 1 bero 3
Suburbs 0 cardiff 2
Uni 2 mayfield 3
Dudley 2 lambton 1
Anyone wanna have a guess?

NewyTy
10-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Swansea 1-1 Barnsley
Suns 1-2 Bero
Garden Suburbs 2-1 Cardiff
Uni 0-2 Mayfield
Dudley 1-3 New Lambton

Judging by my tipping history don't expect much.

Shere Khan
10-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Cardiff have new coach and

Shere Khan
10-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Bloody phone!

Picked up a few boys for first grade and reggies for depth. 2 new keepers.

Swansea 3-0
Bero 2-1
Cardiff 3-0
Draw
Eagles 2-1

topdog
10-04-2015, 08:56 PM
So it's finally that time, I'm back and the predictions are strong..
First of all mayfield will be strong with the pumping attitude at the long ball and the 7 foot Goliath winning everything in the air. 2nd I'd have to the suns word on the street they have recruited hard with a overweight pom holding up there back line and by default that have found there way into zpl. always strong hard to beat on the pitch that the waca would be proud of.
3rd new lambton davo patrolling the back line in his wheel chair well past it. Strong team
4th have I say uni well educated but usually blokes no one likes to hang out with.
5th Barnsley hard team to beat on there day team full of blokes that are keen to kick you especially on the Sahara desert
6th bero straight out of the bero bowlo full of beers hard to beat on a roo all field
7th Dudley no one likes you
8th Swansea generally start strong but just like the bridge always find it's way to the bottom.
9th Cardiff hear they have done a well recruiting from the junior over 35 d grade.
Last but not least suburbs take the spoon and one day finally might win zone league one good luck with that next year.
All the best lads for a 2015 year

Jardelsimage
11-04-2015, 07:03 AM
for all its worth, my picks, changing of the guard a bit I think

Bero have recruited well
Uni as always not sure what they have but results so far suggest strong
Lambton the eagles are the eagles
Mayfield heard they lost a couple, not sure if this is true thou,
the next 3 teams will be close, hard to split
Cardiff slow start will come home strong
Suns will be strong have picked up a couple but must keep them fit and on the park
Swansea as usual start strong fade out thou
Dudley haven't heard much other than lost a few
Barnsley will struggle I think
Suburbs have lost a few, will struggle

Premy
11-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Let's get this sorted out early.
It's not plural, it's only one suburb.
It's Garden Suburb, there's no "S" on the end.

Premy
11-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Swanseas def Barnsleys
Sunss draw Beresfields
Mayfields def Unis
New Lambtons draw Dudleys

gny
11-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Premys

Premy
11-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Premys

Haha god help us if there's is another tosser like me out there

gny
11-04-2015, 05:38 PM
Suns v bero
3rds 0-0
Res 3-0 bero
1sts 7-2 bero

Jardelsimage
11-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Suburbssssssssssssssss v cardiffffffffffffffffffff
3rds 2-4
res 5-1
1st 2-2
referee 65-0

ForeverRed
11-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Most yellows I've ever seen in a game, great arvo at the derby, seen some faces not seen for a while, tough support call with the son being a burb and myself an ex tiger from way back, all round good day out,

slobsy
11-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Uni v Mayfield
3rds 4-0
Res 2-1
1st 2-7

Buddha
11-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Suns v bero
3rds 0-0
Res 3-0 bero
1sts 7-2 bero
I heard Danny Burt scored an absolute belter from beyond halfway?

Premy
12-04-2015, 06:50 AM
Suburbssssssssssssssss v cardiffffffffffffffffffff
1st 2-2
referee 65-0
Ref had a belter of game. :lol:
Cardiff Goalkeeper getting player's player sums up the game.

Premy
12-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Swansea V Barnsley
Ist 5-0

footballfan
12-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Swansea V Barnsley
3rds 1-2
Res 3-4
1st 5-0
Completely dominated the game, Could have been 4 nil at half time!!

footballfan
12-04-2015, 07:46 AM
Suns v bero
3rds 0-0
Res 3-0 bero
1sts 7-2 bero

I thought the suns were the talk coming into this comp?
What happened, did they have players out?

Shere Khan
12-04-2015, 09:57 PM
So Premy
We had nothing other than our keeper,
Yes?

Nou Camp
12-04-2015, 10:11 PM

7 first graders were missing for the suns and over 20 from the squad
Had boys doubling up already...
Everyone back over the next couple of weeks

First grade was 6-2 bero

front2
12-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Fantastic results for the Suns. Any squad with 20 out would most likely struggle to avoid a forfeit somewhere.

Premy
13-04-2015, 06:10 AM
So Premy
We had nothing other than our keeper,
Yes?

Is that what I said? No...
Put words in my mouth, if I was you I would be a little more concerned with your predictions.

What I said was Spencer getting players player sums up how the game went, do tell me how that translates to "we had nothing other than our keeper"?
Had Spencer not pulled of several top saves then the score would have read differently is what I was implying. Seems Cardiff players feel the same way henced they voted for him.

Jardelsimage
13-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Is that what I said? No...
Put words in my mouth, if I was you I would be a little more concerned with your predictions.

What I said was Spencer getting players player sums up how the game went, do tell me how that translates to "we had nothing other than our keeper"?
Had Spencer not pulled of several top saves then the score would have read differently is what I was implying. Seems Cardiff players feel the same way henced they voted for him.
Now, now boys ease up, spence did get players player, 3 point blank saves generally does that for you, that's his job, but the game as I saw could have went either way, burbs by 3 or tigers by 3, draw fair in the end, it flowed like a derby should....... both sides missed quite a few chances, yours were saved, tigers missed or should I say butchered theirs, the down side was the ref and his little pee.

all this does is build the tension for the next round.........

Lofty
13-04-2015, 10:51 AM
I heard Danny Burt scored an absolute belter from beyond halfway?

It was a cracker. Just about on the centre circle is the attacking half. The keep was probably on the penalty spot. With the wind behind, I think even on the six yard line the keeper wouldn't have been able to get back as it dipped in scraping the cross bar.

Overall a disappointing day for the boys. We battled hard considering the amount of players out.In first grade didn't have a lot of luck with Bero scoring 3 bombs and their keeping plucking out a few top notch saves and a few shots just going wide. The game is done and dusted now, hopefully will have a few boys returning this week and the rest over the coming weeks. Early days :)

NWM
16-04-2015, 09:42 AM

If the Suns are a force this year I'll eat my hat

Lofty
16-04-2015, 10:02 AM
If the Suns are a force this year I'll eat my hat

:gent:

footballfan
18-04-2015, 07:58 AM
Any predictions for Round 2?

Jardelsimage
18-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Cardiff v Dudley
3rd 1--5
res 3--1
1st 4--2

idontwannaplaywithhowey
18-04-2015, 06:47 PM
New Lambton V Suns
3rds- 1-0 Suns
Reserves- 4-2 New Lambton
Firsts- 4-1 New Lambton

Bon
18-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Mayfield vs Gardo
3rds: 7-1 (i think)
Res: 2-1
1st: 3-1

leftrightout
19-04-2015, 03:40 PM
Uni Beat Barnsley 5-0
other grades were uni wins too but not sure of scores.

Shere Khan
19-04-2015, 08:08 PM
Bero 2-1 up v Swansea
Didn't get get other scores

Beachedas
20-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Bero 2-1 up v Swansea
Didn't get get other scores

Res 3-2 Bero
3rds 3-2 Bero (I think)

gny
20-04-2015, 10:55 AM
3rds 2-1 bero
Res 3-2 bero

leftrightout
21-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Would this weather be enough to wash any grounds out this far from the weekend? There has been a fair bit and still more to come by the looks.

Fridge
22-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Would this weather be enough to wash any grounds out this far from the weekend? There has been a fair bit and still more to come by the looks.

It will test the new drainage at Gardo.

leftrightout
22-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Apparently Newcastle council have closed all grounds until next week. Im assuming Lake Mac and Maitland will do likewise.

Fridge
22-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Apparently Newcastle council have closed all grounds until next week. Im assuming Lake Mac and Maitland will do likewise.

All games are canceled this weekend. See email below from the boss man

Due to the severe weather the Hunter has been experiencing over the last couple of days, and also the notification received from Newcastle City Council announcing that all Newcastle sporting grounds will be closed up to and including 26 April 2015 (which affects 75% of the scheduled games for the weekend), it has been decided by the Joint Zone Board that ALL Round 3 fixtures (24/04/2015 & 26/04/2015) will be moved to the spare FFA Cup weekend on 20 and 21 June 2015.

This WILL also include the Swansea v New Lambton Eagles Thursday, 23 April 2015 and Friday, 24 April 2015 Round 3 fixtures, and the Jesmond v RAAF Williamstown Wednesday, 29 April 2015 Round 3 fixture.

sammydog
22-04-2015, 05:08 PM
It will test the new drainage at Gardo.

Walked the ground this morning. Pretty sloppy, but not as bad as I expected and the usual problem areas on Lance Yorke were good.

Given a couple of days without heavy downpours I think it could have been playable.

Fridge
24-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Walked the ground this morning. Pretty sloppy, but not as bad as I expected and the usual problem areas on Lance Yorke were good.

Given a couple of days without heavy downpours I think it could have been playable.

Definately playable walked it this morning - playable now. I did ask the association when we first received the email if grounds are playable can the games go ahead & got the answer "No blanket cancellation all games are off". Should have been some communication with clubs before decision was made.

Leftback at Home
24-04-2015, 11:03 AM
I think it is the only decision they could make. Too many grounds possibly out, Uncertainty over weather conditions, people still without power, cut out communities & likelyhood that people are going to be spending there weekends fixing damage and attending to homes/families. Which ever way they go, someone is going to miss out or feel aggreived by the decision, but personally I feel they have made the right call here. Bigger things than football.

leftrightout
24-04-2015, 11:21 AM
I think it is the only decision they could make. Too many grounds possibly out, Uncertainty over weather conditions, people still without power, cut out communities & likelyhood that people are going to be spending there weekends fixing damage and attending to homes/families. Which ever way they go, someone is going to miss out or feel aggreived by the decision, but personally I feel they have made the right call here. Bigger things than football.

Agree 100%

Lofty
24-04-2015, 12:11 PM
It was definitely the right decision. So many people, homes, etc have been affected. Even if the grass in which football is being played on is playable, doesn't mean the facilities will be. So many dressing sheds, canteens, etc are out of action. If people have that much spare time to worry about going to play football after the week Newcastle and Hunter has had to deal with, then maybe they can use that time to help a friend in need. More than happy to not worry about football for at least another week.

King
24-04-2015, 05:25 PM
It was definitely the right decision. So many people, homes, etc have been affected. Even if the grass in which football is being played on is playable, doesn't mean the facilities will be. So many dressing sheds, canteens, etc are out of action. If people have that much spare time to worry about going to play football after the week Newcastle and Hunter has had to deal with, then maybe they can use that time to help a friend in need. More than happy to not worry about football for at least another week. Now Lukee F sounds like a blogger with his or her head screwed on. Correct, crap week for all Novocastrians incl Hunter and Lake, football can wait a week and cattle stations can be put on hold.

Premy
01-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Hey Pagey or Bulldog.
What's the chance of getting on at the Kennel tomorrow?

Lofty
01-05-2015, 03:05 PM
I'm fairly certain that today council has made the decision to close all grounds this weekend. Even Magic has been forced to postpone games from Wanderers despite ground in great condition to play. Council has final say.

Bulldogs 1962
01-05-2015, 03:35 PM
I'm fairly certain that today council has made the decision to close all grounds this weekend. Even Magic has been forced to postpone games from Wanderers despite ground in great condition to play. Council has final say.
What about lake Macquarie council, I haven't been there this week but we have trained both nights and I believe it's still on at this point in time

Fridge
01-05-2015, 03:40 PM
What about lake Macquarie council, I haven't been there this week but we have trained both nights and I believe it's still on at this point in time

LMCC normally leaves it up to the club's.

Lofty
01-05-2015, 04:48 PM
So I deleted my last post as Magic has since spoken to council and I was wrong. My bad haha

Bulldogs 1962
01-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Just got msg that Barnsley vs suburb is off tomorrow

Nou Camp
03-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Suns vs Dudley
1st 6-2 suns
Res 6-2 Dudley
3rds 2-0 Dudley

gny
03-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Wow Suns!!!!!
I'm guessing Dudley were missing players?
Or Suns were brilliant?

Jardelsimage
04-05-2015, 08:38 AM
Suns vs Dudley
1st 6-2 suns
Res 6-2 Dudley
3rds 2-0 Dudley
where did they play at

leftrightout
04-05-2015, 09:12 AM
where did they play at

Would assume Dudley as Newcastle council had all grounds closed for the weekend which means Connolly would not have been available.

A decent effort to get on none the less!

Nou Camp
04-05-2015, 10:13 AM
games were played at Dudley
ground held up well considering all the rain, too well for the goal keepers liking for the suns 4th goal where a long crossfield ball from halfway was played, dudleys keeper came out to claim on the first bounce, ball skimmed up over his head and in the net...

Retro Jet
04-05-2015, 01:42 PM
games were played at Dudley
ground held up well considering all the rain, too well for the goal keepers liking for the suns 4th goal where a long crossfield ball from halfway was played, dudleys keeper came out to claim on the first bounce, ball skimmed up over his head and in the net...

Heard all about this one from the Sun's Ressies coach Bobby B at his shop this morning.
Ouch...

Great to see a game was played where possible. Thumbs up there.

Lofty
05-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Wow Suns!!!!!
I'm guessing Dudley were missing players?
Or Suns were brilliant?

With the amount of players the Suns have had missing from the start of season, it was only going to be a matter of time before they returned and the true results started coming in.

Jardelsimage
06-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Matt Thompson is running a school holiday coaching clinic..... Micky Bridges and Nicky Carle will also be attending....
29th June - 3rd of July.... Limited places as time to register is running out.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thomp...382840?fref=ts
don't we have another page for money making schemes............
or are you suggesting some of the players in the ZPL should go along......

gny
08-05-2015, 07:02 AM
How's everyone's fields looking? Water wise

Ranger-86
08-05-2015, 08:32 AM

Terrace will struggle this week.

leftrightout
08-05-2015, 09:26 AM

I think the main problem will be because of how wet its been and workload of councils I don't know how many ground will have been mowed.
I have a lot to do with Lake Mac council and know they have been flat out cutting up trees still.

gny
08-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Very true, hope Barnsley is ok to play tomorrow haha,
Shut up ranger haha

Butt
08-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Barnsley will be right for the weekend. Also got a mow yesterday. Could prob do with a water actually…

Nou Camp
08-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Connolly is looking the best it has for a while

Nou Camp
08-05-2015, 11:15 AM
actually forgot we are away to suburbs this week

Bon
08-05-2015, 11:17 AM
actually forgot we are away to suburbs this week

Yeah mate..
From what I've seen, our ground will be all good for Sunday..

Shere Khan
08-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Any word from Uni?

sammydog
08-05-2015, 01:06 PM
Yeah mate..
From what I've seen, our ground will be all good for Sunday..

Ground was mowed on Wednesday and is dry.

United
09-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Dudley v Swansea
All 3 grades to Dudley.
Firsts 4-2
Reggies 3-0
Thirds 4-0

shark attack
09-05-2015, 09:40 PM
bero v barnsley 3rd grade 1 - 0
resies 4 - 2
1st 4 - 0
great effort from bero with plenty missing for the weekend , a few guys having to double up.

Jardelsimage
10-05-2015, 07:29 AM
uni v Cardiff

2--1
5--3
2--0
wasn't there had a message sent with these results.

hawk
10-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Barnsley will be right for the weekend. Also got a mow yesterday. Could prob do with a water actually…

heard Barnsley were prepared to hand mow their meadow if needed. reminds of a song

Nou Camp
10-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Suburbs vs suns
Firsts 1-2
Res 3-2
3rds 1-0

Premy
10-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Suburbs vs suns
Firsts 1-2
Res 3-2
3rds 1-0
Great day and a good game, always an enjoyable day against you lads.

1st Grade was a top battle, Suns looking the better side and playing good football. Suburb couldn't put it together over the whole 90 but played good in patches and made more clear chances.
The winner came late in the game from a well placed shot sneaking in the bottom corner. Honestly feel we deserved a draw but that's football, on another day we should have put more away.
Both teams hit the crossbar on a few occasions, well done to Suns they had a little bit more quality over the park and fought hard for their win.

gny
11-05-2015, 06:25 AM
Mayfield v New lambton
3rds 2-1 New lambton
Res 3-0 mayfield
1sts 2-0 New lambton
Wasn't there. These are the results I've been told

*fixed*

Drunken ranger
11-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Mayfield v lambton
3rds 2-1 lambton
Res 3-0 mayfield
1sts 2-0 lambton
Wasn't there. These are the results I've been told

How long has lambton been in zpl ??? Don't lambton played npl you peanut

Nou Camp
11-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Great day and a good game, always an enjoyable day against you lads.

1st Grade was a top battle, Suns looking the better side and playing good football. Suburb couldn't put it together over the whole 90 but played good in patches and made more clear chances.
The winner came late in the game from a well placed shot sneaking in the bottom corner. Honestly feel we deserved a draw but that's football, on another day we should have put more away.
Both teams hit the crossbar on a few occasions, well done to Suns they had a little bit more quality over the park and fought hard for their win.

never an easy game against suburbs, over the years probably the most even contested game of the year
I don't think any team (first grade) has won 2 games in a row since we started playing against each other

yesterdays game wasn't the prettiest to watch could've quite easily finished 5-5 but will take the result none the less

leftrightout
11-05-2015, 05:13 PM
What's going on out at Barnsley? Or more specifically what's the deal with the keeper? I hope that is just someone filling in?
He had a big hand is making a reasonably tight game not close at all.

On the other side, bero keeper pulled of one of the saves of the season. What a beauty that was!

gny
11-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Bero missing 4 1st graders so we were happy for the Barnsley keeper to have a horror haha

Premy
11-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Bero missing 4 1st graders so we were happy for the Barnsley keeper to have a horror haha
Wait...
I thought that you were having a year off?

Drunken ranger
11-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Wait...
I thought that you were having a year off?
Hahahahahaha if you believe anything he's says you must be easily lead astray

gny
11-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Couldn't do it premy, having a great time at bero

leftrightout
13-05-2015, 08:54 AM
Anyone have catch up games organised yet?

gny
13-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Bero v mayf
3rd grade last night.
Bero 1-0

Res and 1sts tonight 6.30 and 8 at Pasadena

idontwannaplaywithhowey
13-05-2015, 10:29 AM
Anyone have catch up games organised yet?

Working hard on it, but if you don't have lights at your own ground you are basically screwed. Newcastle City Council have no ground options to offer clubs. Their suggestion to us was to ask Magic or Adamstown if we can use their ground.

shark attack
13-05-2015, 10:41 AM
howey why don't you guys reverse the round fixture , I am assuming your catch up game is against Swansea , im sure they lights for night football.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
13-05-2015, 11:26 AM
howey why don't you guys reverse the round fixture , I am assuming your catch up game is against Swansea , im sure they lights for night football.

Nah mate, its V Uni. They don't have capacity to host a night game either at this stage. They have been really helpful with all of this, but just unable to sort anything. We are currently going through the process of having lights installed at Alder Park so we will be all good in the future, but the timeframes around that are a little blurred at this stage.

Lofty
13-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Myamblah Crescent (Merewether Juniors) allowed The Suns to host night fixtures there previously before Carrington had lights..

idontwannaplaywithhowey
13-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Myamblah Crescent (Merewether Juniors) allowed The Suns to host night fixtures there previously before Carrington had lights..

Are the lights of a suitable standard to play ZPL?

Lofty
13-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Are the lights of a suitable standard to play ZPL?

From what I remember they were. It was a few years back now though. Worth a shot I'd say..

idontwannaplaywithhowey
13-05-2015, 01:11 PM
From what I remember they were. It was a few years back now though. Worth a shot I'd say..

Ill get on it. Thanks for the heads up mate.

shark attack
13-05-2015, 01:21 PM
hi howey , could hit up the terrace , they have 3 grounds under lighting , 2 grounds that you almost could never be called of due to weather

gny
14-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Bero v mayfield
Res 3-1 mayfield
1sts 5-2 bero

leftrightout
14-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Bero v mayfield
Res 3-1 mayfield
1sts 5-2 bero

Bero really showing why they were expected to go so well. Definitely living up to the hype!

Premy
16-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Beresfield V Suburb @ Pasadena

3rds 3-0
Res 1-3
1st 4-0

Really tough game and Bero deserved the win at 4-0 you would presume that was the story.
We weren't without our chances and gifted Bero a few easy goals, there first came from a misdirected backheader, 2nd was a goal mouth scrabble with a hint of handball in the build up. The 3rd was a well worked switch counter with a nice finish at the end, the 4th the less said the better.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
17-05-2015, 08:33 AM
New Lambton v Barnsley
3rds/23's: 1-0 New Lambton
Reserves: 1-0 Barnsley
Firsts: 5-0 New Lambton

slobsy
17-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Mayfield took all 9 points at Cardiff yesterday in the rain.
3rds 3-2
Res 2-0
1st 1-0

Nou Camp
17-05-2015, 06:54 PM
Suns vs Swansea
1sts 3-4
Res 2-5
3rds 2-3

hawk
19-05-2015, 10:51 PM
Suns vs Swansea
1sts 3-4
Res 2-5
3rds 2-3

Swansea able to break at speed with some good touches. physical at times but a good game.

Premy
20-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Last night at Barnsley
Barnsley V Suburb
3rds 3-0
Res 1-2

1st grade 7pm tonight.

Premy
20-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Barnsley V Suburb
1st 2-2

Bulldogs 1962
21-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Barnsley V Suburb
1st 2-2

Any match report, I was able to attend myself

Premy
21-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Any match report, I was able to attend myselfI was injured so I didn't participate but I'll give my 2 cents worth from what I seen.

Was a real battle with the game swinging both ways.
Barnsley started really strong and dominated the first 15mins camping in Suburb half. Suburb finally got their foot on the ball and then began to put Barnsley under some pressure, what must have been a matter of centimeters denied Suburb the opening goal as the linesman flagged our striker offside after he chip tge keeper.
The game opened up and Barnsley found the net with a swift counter after Suburb lost possession on halfway which resulted in a low cross finished neatly on the back stick just before H/T

2nd half started in a similar way to the 1st but this time Barnsley pressure resulted in a well earned goal. Being 2-0 down Suburb made a change in formation and personal and after that I have to say it was all one way traffic with Barnsley occasionally threatening on the break. Barnsley fought hard to hold onto the lead but the pressure turned out to be to much with a Barnsley defender giving away a silly penalty by going through the back of someone heading away from goal. The ref rightly awarded a penalty which was converted well.
Suburb went looking for the equalizer and it came not long after the penalty with our striker turning and beating his defender and slot the shot pass the keeper on his far stick.
At 2-2 With 10mins to go some loose challenges started to fly from both sides at it turned to a bit of a scrap, Suburb went looking for a winner but Barnsley held on for what was probably a fair result.

Leftback at Home
22-05-2015, 08:09 AM
I was injured so I didn't participate but I'll give my 2 cents worth from what I seen.

Was a real battle with the game swinging both ways.
Barnsley started really strong and dominated the first 15mins camping in Suburb half. Suburb finally got their foot on the ball and then began to put Barnsley under some pressure, what must have been a matter of centimeters denied Suburb the opening goal as the linesman flagged our striker offside after he chip tge keeper.
The game opened up and Barnsley found the net with a swift counter after Suburb lost possession on halfway which resulted in a low cross finished neatly on the back stick just before H/T

2nd half started in a similar way to the 1st but this time Barnsley pressure resulted in a well earned goal. Being 2-0 down Suburb made a change in formation and personal and after that I have to say it was all one way traffic with Barnsley occasionally threatening on the break. Barnsley fought hard to hold onto the lead but the pressure turned out to be to much with a Barnsley defender giving away a silly penalty by going through the back of someone heading away from goal. The ref rightly awarded a penalty which was converted well.
Suburb went looking for the equalizer and it came not long after the penalty with our striker turning and beating his defender and slot the shot pass the keeper on his far stick.
At 2-2 With 10mins to go some loose challenges started to fly from both sides at it turned to a bit of a scrap, Suburb went looking for a winner but Barnsley held on for what was probably a fair result.

Well you're sacked. You can't write a match report without critisicing a referee and blaming them directly for the outcome of the game. Did you not read the contract?

Premy
22-05-2015, 09:18 AM
Well you're sacked. You can't write a match report without critisicing a referee and blaming them directly for the outcome of the game. Did you not read the contract?Sorry I'll lift my, in all honesty Dougie had a reasonable game. There was a few questionable decision but you can't expect him to make no mistakes.

I'm at the stage where you know what you you get with the refs and everybody cops the same decisions.

Drunken ranger
22-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Well you're sacked. You can't write a match report without critisicing a referee and blaming them directly for the outcome of the game. Did you not read the contract?

Didn't you know premy is a one eye burbs fan I question if he was the same at Swansea ???

Premy
22-05-2015, 09:28 AM
Didn't you know premy is a one eye burbs fan I question if he was the same at Swansea ???
:tongue: Here's me thinking I was being balanced.

onlooker
22-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Can anyone from Barnsley confirm grounds are open or closed for tonight. I understand it's not the correct thread but just chasing a quick answer.

BUSSC
22-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Can anyone from Barnsley confirm grounds are open or closed for tonight. I understand it's not the correct thread but just chasing a quick answer.

they are out for tonight sorry
keeping tabs on it for tomorrow

a lot of water on the ground.
if the rain stops it will drain quite well

Nou Camp
22-05-2015, 04:44 PM
uni vs suns at uni is off tomorrow

BUSSC
23-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Barnsley vs Cardiff will still go ahead today. Ground is a bit soft but definitely good enough to play.
Will be plenty of hot food and cold beer for any who are interested in coming to watch.

Shere Khan
23-05-2015, 07:41 AM
Is that confirmed BUSSC. I'll inform our guys.

outsider
23-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Obviously not many people from Mayfield on this site-games off

Jardelsimage
23-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Barnsley v Cardiff
3rds 2--3
res 1--0
1st 0--8 yes that is 8
about a 60-40 in favour of Cardiff 1st half, tiggers could have and should have led, but bad decisions and woeful shooting led to a 0-0 at half time scoreline.....1st goal scored about 55th minute, then flood gates opened...........felt sorry for ex tiggers coach and player Craig Kelly in goals, defence disappeared and left him stranded.
all I can, can, can, can say after that is make sure you pick up your cans..cans..cans..
go the tiggers, need to improve thou to match the Bero juggernaut......bring on old boys day next Saturday.....

hawk
24-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Barnsley v Cardiff
3rds 2--3
res 1--0
1st 0--8 yes that is 8
all I can, can, can, can say after that is make sure you pick up your cans..cans..cans..

someone got their cans out lol

Premy
24-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Garden Suburb V Swansea is on today @ Lance Yorke oval.

$4 beers and free football, better than sitting around home all day 1st grade K/O @ 3pm.

hawk
24-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Suburb(s) v swansea
3rd 4-3
Res 1-0
1st 2-2

onlooker
24-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Bero V New Lambton
3rd 4-5
Res 4-1
First 3-3

Premy
24-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Suburb(s) v swansea
3rd 4-3
Res 1-0
1st 2-2
:tongue:S

Top day and a top game.
Beginning to sound like a broken record but overall 2-2 was probably a fair result both teams had their chances to pinch the 3 points in a game of 2 halves.

Half time ended at 2-0 for Suburb as after a couple of well worked goals and some brilliance from our striker for the first.
2nd half we couldn't get near Swansea, Fearnley was brilliant after he had a relatively quite first half and that lead to the Swansea comeback.

Really enjoyed the day and can't wait for the return leg.

Mitchy
24-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Bero V New Lambton
3rd 4-5
Res 4-1
First 3-3

Some good quality games here

New Lambton done well to come back from 3-0 down in first grade

hawk
24-05-2015, 09:46 PM
:tongue:S

Top day and a top game.
Beginning to sound like a broken record but overall 2-2 was probably a fair result both teams had their chances to pinch the 3 points in a game of 2 halves.

Half time ended at 2-0 for Suburb as after a couple of well worked goals and some brilliance from our striker for the first.
2nd half we couldn't get near Swansea, Fearnley was brilliant after he had a relatively quite first half and that lead to the Swansea comeback.

Really enjoyed the day and can't wait for the return leg.

the 2 center backs going off for wasn't ideal for GS. Bon go off with a sore butt?

keenly contested in the middle all day. Swans passed well but found it hard to create chances near the box due to the scrambling defence.
GS broke forward quickly and able to send "sticks" onto goal a few times.

draw was a fair result

Jardelsimage
31-05-2015, 07:42 AM
Cardiff v Bero
3rds 2--3
res 4--3
1st 1--1
all games were end to end stuff, results were fair enough

hawk
31-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Gsub v new lambt
3rd 2-1
Res 2-2
1st 1-2

outsider
31-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Newcastle Suns v Mayfield
1st grade 0-1
2-6
3-4

Premy
31-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Gsub v new lambt
3rd 2-1
Res 2-2
1st 0-0 h/t
Game finished 1-2 for the Eagles after we through away yet another lead.
I don't believe we deserved to get beaten today, we must have pissed off the Football Gods as we just can't take a trick at the moment.
Draw would have been a fair result today in my opinion. It wasn't the greatest conditions for Football after the rain this morning the ground didn't quite dry up enough, after the 2 early games the pitch was well and truly gone. Credit to both sides as the game was a real scrap but played in a good manner.
Suburb took the lead in about the 65-70th minute and once again we couldn't hold onto the lead. New Lambton got lucky for their 1st after a defensive deflection on a low hard dead piece found it's way into the net. The 2nd for New Lambton came after a 1 on 1 with the keeper hit the post and went in, questionable decision from the linesman as the goal scorer seemed to be Offside from where I was, that's football I guess I look forward to when we start receiving a few favourable decisions.
Will finish with congratulating New Lambton as they stayed hungry and fought hard to take something from the game as their goals came in the last 10 mins of the game.

Special mention to our Reserve grade as they came from behind twice to equalize after playing with 10 men for the best part of an hour.

Premy
31-05-2015, 07:46 PM
Anyone know the results from Lydon Oval.

leftrightout
01-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Anyone know the results from Lydon Oval.

3rds 2-1 to dudley
res 1-0 to dudley
1st 3-0 to dudley

Wasn't there though so cant comment on any of it.

Golden Goal Fan
02-06-2015, 09:51 PM
3rds 2-1 to dudley
res 1-0 to dudley
1st 3-0 to dudley

Wasn't there though so cant comment on any of it.

In 3rds, a very physical contest, Barnsley went down to 10 after there captain decided to punch a Dudley player in the face during the first half. Barnsley did got one nil up but conceded two in the final 10 mins to go down.

In reserves, a very physical contest, Barnsley went down to 10 after a player tried to punch a dudley player in the face during some push and shove on the ground. Both teams could have been down players after the referee failed to pull up or book several bad challenges. Dudley goal from a corner.

In 1sts, Dudley controlled the match, Barnsley had some good moments with some good play however these moments were limited. Dudley controlled the match and scored some good goals. Barnsley keeper could have done better with the third, however fair result in the end.

Source
03-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Catch up game last night Third grade Mayfield 1nil over Dudley

Shere Khan
03-06-2015, 08:25 AM
Cardiff v Swansea last night
3rds 3-2
Res 0-0

Nou Camp
04-06-2015, 10:43 AM
Uni vs Suns
1sts 1-1
3rds 3-0

Res play tonight

Jardelsimage
04-06-2015, 01:48 PM
Cardiff v Swansea

1st 1--1

slobsy
04-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Mayfield Vs Dudley Last night

Res 3-1 Dudley
1st 3-2 Mayfield

Nou Camp
05-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Uni vs Suns
Res 1-1

hawk
06-06-2015, 05:26 PM
New Lambt v Cardiff

3rd 2-0
res 2-0
1st 0-2

Source
06-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Mayfield vs Swansea
3rds
4-1
Ressies
2-2
Firsts
0-3

pagey85
06-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Barnsley vs suns. Suns win in all three grades. I think 4-2, 3-0 and 3-2. I want to thank the suns for their support today. There has been bad blood between the sides in previous years and they showed out club nothing but respect today. There has been a few comments from the boys about the opposition today and the crowd they brought and it's all positive. Thanks again. I hope we bring the same respect in the last game of the year.

Jardelsimage
07-06-2015, 08:09 AM
score between Uni v burbs anyone

Drunken ranger
07-06-2015, 08:19 AM
score between Uni v burbs anyone

Read new fm thread someone posted a score there
Wow if it's true and in first grade

Jardelsimage
07-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Read new fm thread someone posted a score there
Wow if it's true and in first grade
Thanks massive,
down side how about someone from Uni placing scores onto website, no midweek against suns, 1-1 wasn't it, now no result from yesterday. WTF.
I had to do our score when we played them away, so maybe suns and suburb might have to do it for them again.
is there a uni rep on the forum?

Premy
07-06-2015, 01:31 PM
Uni V Suburb @ Ray Watt

3rds 2-1
Res 4-2
1st 12-1

That's correct no typo 12-1, Uni were class yesterday and could have scored more.
We didn't do ourselves any favours either it was 3-0 in the first 10 minutes and we were up shit creek with no paddle struggling with the pace Uni started at. We got a goal after finally stringing together a few passes and started to work our way back into the game but just before H/T Uni scored another on the break to make it 4-1 at H/T.
Second half started similar to the first with Uni scoring quickly at 5-1 we lost our CB to a red card for bringing down the striker when he was the last man and that was the beginning of the feast. 5 minutes after going down to 10 men we lost our LB to a suspected dislocated shoulder and having made our 3 subs we were forced to play with 9 men for the last 20+ minutes. Wasn't a very good day for us across the board to take nothing away from the day and cop a spanking like that.

Can only go forward from here and it will only give us more motivation for next week. Derby next week at Cardiff as if we needed more motivation.

Hotline
07-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Thanks massive,
down side how about someone from Uni placing scores onto website, no midweek against suns, 1-1 wasn't it, now no result from yesterday. WTF.
I had to do our score when we played them away, so maybe suns and suburb might have to do it for them again.

Apologies Jardel, I have let the committee know and the results are in now.

As for a recount of the game, premy has summed it up pretty well. Uni had a really good day and suburbs were behind the 8 ball very early on. I hope the bloke who popped his shoulder is ok... it looked prety bad.

Any recap on Swansea v Mayfield?

Source
07-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Mayfield results are correct third grade started a little shaky but recoverd well for the points reserve grade were behind and scored the equaliser on f/t first grade had a bad day at the office but will recover and get back on track.

gny
07-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Bero v Dudley
3rds 2-1 bero
Res 4-2 bero, at 2-2 bero down to 9 men 2 red cards, but kept fighting and got a massive win 4-2
1sts 3-3

Shere Khan
07-06-2015, 06:14 PM
End of first round barring washouts and I think this comp will be very tight. Teams starting to sort themselves out and I think 2nd round will be interesting.

Jardelsimage
07-06-2015, 06:30 PM

As for a recount of the game, premy has summed it up pretty well. Uni had a really good day and suburbs were behind the 8 ball very early on. I hope the bloke who popped his shoulder is ok... it looked prety bad.

just makes life easier when there in, thanks....

idontwannaplaywithhowey
10-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Last nights washout fixture at Alder Park (New Lambton V Uni)
23's/3rd- 2-1 Uni
Reserves- 0-0

Nou Camp
10-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Barnsley vs suns. Suns win in all three grades. I think 4-2, 3-0 and 3-2. I want to thank the suns for their support today. There has been bad blood between the sides in previous years and they showed out club nothing but respect today. There has been a few comments from the boys about the opposition today and the crowd they brought and it's all positive. Thanks again. I hope we bring the same respect in the last game of the year.

water under the bridge
we just want to play and enjoy football

idontwannaplaywithhowey
11-06-2015, 02:12 PM
New Lambton V Uni:
First Grade: Uni 4-2

Jardelsimage
13-06-2015, 09:38 AM
New Lambton V Uni:
First Grade: Uni 4-2

have the results been placed on the website ????

Jardelsimage
13-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Cardiff v Garden Suburb

3rds 3--3
res 0--3
1st 4--2

Retro Jet
13-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Thanks massive,

just makes life easier when there in, thanks....

I feel for those who try to put match day programmes together last minute on a Friday or late Friday nights in some cases.
It's good to have up-to-date tables and if clubs get scores straight in after a Thurs night replay, they should be
up Friday morning.

mussfc
13-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Mayfield V University
1st 2-1
Res 0-1
3rds 2-2
Scores entered Jardel haha

hawk
13-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Cardiff v Garden Suburb

3rds 3--3
res 0--3
1st 4--2

Tigers with the pink socks, charity day?

Guiltykeep
14-06-2015, 12:45 AM
Tigers with the pink socks, charity day?

Was ladies day down at Cardiff today hawk :)
Didn't you like the pink shirt too ;)

gny
14-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Bero v Suns
3rds 2-1 suns
Res 2-0 bero
1sts 2-1 bero, all credit to the Suns down to 10 men with 35 to go fought hard deserved a point, bero scored with 2 mins to go

hawk
14-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Was ladies day down at Cardiff today hawk :)
Didn't you like the pink shirt too ;)

aha. from the southern there looked to be a decent turn out over in the compound.

You seemed to play better in pink. lol.

Source
14-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Any results for New Lambton and Dudley

NewyTy
14-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Any results for New Lambton and Dudley

1st: New Lambton 3-2
Reserves: Dudley 3-1
Thirds: Dudley 5-1

Wasn't there...saw results on New Lambton's Facebook page.

leftrightout
15-06-2015, 09:06 PM
Weather forecast not looking good. Could the washout round be washed out?

hawk
15-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Weather forecast not looking good. Could the washout round be washed out?

high chance, most pitches are soft as it is. NBay will be on

gny
19-06-2015, 09:20 AM
How are everyone's fields holding up?

leftrightout
19-06-2015, 11:19 AM

Cant see many getting on! Especially tomorrows games

Drunken ranger
19-06-2015, 02:54 PM

Good chance of getting a game at speers point if keen 😝😝👍👍

gny
19-06-2015, 06:52 PM
How does unis field go handling water haha

Shere Khan
19-06-2015, 07:43 PM
Anyone know what Conolly Park is like. Cardiff are there on Sun. Never played there.

hawk
19-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Anyone know what Conolly Park is like. Cardiff are there on Sun. Never played there.

Its not too bad but isnt in the wet weather class of NBay, Terrace, and maybe athletics field.

King
22-06-2015, 08:13 AM
The rumour is strong the NL Eagles are finally set to merge with their junior base. This club of 50 is about to become a club of 1150 with the backing of a committee that took the juniors from a small local club to the biggest in NF in just 5 yrs. 3 parks, cash, sponsors,
corporate connections, football people, big plans for expansion. Plans with Council already, the sleeping giant of Newcastle is about to wake.

Phoenix12
22-06-2015, 09:41 AM
The rumour is strong the NL Eagles are finally set to merge with their junior base. This club of 50 is about to become a club of 1150 with the backing of a committee that took the juniors from a small local club to the biggest in NF in just 5 yrs. 3 parks, cash, sponsors,
corporate connections, football people, big plans for expansion. Plans with Council already, the sleeping giant of Newcastle is about to wake.

They have a way to go yet....(Alder park needs to be re turfed and drainage added...cant do that without moving the athletics track, which means negotiations with Athletics and approvals from all parties.... Extra lights to go in as well.....)

However, I truly hope they become a powerhouse... In my opinion they were absolutely raped, shafted, belittled etc by NCC, Newcastle Football and Adamstown R'Buds..... when they lost the Adamstown Oval spot.

I don't play for the Eagles anymore, (but did so for 10 years), and I really hope that it all comes together for Pauly McGuiness, Jordo, the club committee and the players...they deserve it !

Phoenix12
22-06-2015, 01:06 PM
How does unis field go handling water haha

It goes well enough ! Unfortunately, being a university, its not the soccer club that always makes the decision on playing....(Like the vast majority of council grounds). The grounds at Uni are often utilised for other clubs like the Jets / Knights / Cricket / Union etc...and if you tear them up it puts everyone out, and the soccer club gets a bad wrap.

Shazzas in the kitchen
22-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Who's gunna be cooking in the kitchen this weekend ?

Shere Khan
22-06-2015, 10:21 PM
Pheonix12 the word I got was the merge would mean the Eagles move to Novocastrian. The facilities there are up for major improvements and a quality no1 oval.
Other than that I agree with you on the rest as I am an ex Eagle and know the work the boys put in and how they got shafted.
Hitchy is a legend.

Thomas477
22-06-2015, 11:00 PM
They need to work on the drainage at Novo if that's the case, been called off a lot this year.

Phoenix12
23-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Pheonix12 the word I got was the merge would mean the Eagles move to Novocastrian. The facilities there are up for major improvements and a quality no1 oval.
Other than that I agree with you on the rest as I am an ex Eagle and know the work the boys put in and how they got shafted.
Hitchy is a legend.

I was chatting with Paul a couple of weeks ago and he was talking about upgrades to Alder Park...but maybe with the (impending / possible ?) merger comes a new direction... Alder park would need a lot of work, and to get approvals past the athletics people I reckon would be very tough ! And as Thomas477 added...Novo whilst being a better immediate fit, would require some work as well. Either way i hope it works for them.

King
23-06-2015, 11:20 AM
I was chatting with Paul a couple of weeks ago and he was talking about upgrades to Alder Park...but maybe with the (impending / possible ?) merger comes a new direction... Alder park would need a lot of work, and to get approvals past the athletics people I reckon would be very tough ! And as Thomas477 added...Novo whilst being a better immediate fit, would require some work as well. Either way i hope it works for them. The source I got this from is connected to the juniors and they have some heavy hitters in the club. The Athletics club has co members of both and I think the football club wants to work with them. It would be a one sided battle if they dont with their 300 members v 1100. Novo is set for drainage work after sprinklers were installed last year. Yes Alder needs work but the juniors are cashed up and there is also mention of a group of local club business identies making a play for the lease on the bowling club which is going broke. On the park they have the ZPL who are always competitive and that new ZL3 team made up of juniors and AA players that is going well in their 1st year. My cousin has a son in their development teams and they dominate 10s and 11s Newcastle rep and Emerging Jets squads apparently. I am with you, I hope they all get it up and going.

Jardelsimage
23-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Suns v Cardiff
Played tonight
3rds 3--2
1st 3--5 good win by Cardiff, down by 2 in the first half, came back to win 5--3. great result.

Shazzas in the kitchen
23-06-2015, 11:27 PM
Suns v Cardiff
Played tonight
3rds 3--2
1st 3--5 good win by Cardiff, down by 2 in the first half, came back to win 5--3. great result.
When it's to HOT in the kitchen , ur gotta get out .....

leftrightout
26-06-2015, 08:26 AM
That rain was pretty serious last night... hows everyones ground holding up?

Shere Khan
26-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Cardiff were happy to get our game out of the way on Tues night and should be ok for Sun v Dudley as there ground is usually great for wet weather.
Could be a few catch ups backed up!

gny
26-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Did Swansea get the rain we got? How does there field go water wise?

Ranger-86
26-06-2015, 01:45 PM

90mm last night at mereweather, 70 mm at nobbys, id say swansea got most of that , from memory it is always damp there.

I know one place where there is a game guaranteed to be on 😉

Phoenix12
26-06-2015, 03:26 PM

Swansea is one of the better grounds actually....it's built on sand ?...hence the grass type is always a bit average, plenty of cover but not the nice grass variety that some other grounds have......But the drainage is quite good.

sammydog
26-06-2015, 08:33 PM
I checked Suburbs today.

We called off tonights games and the juniors tomorrow. Depending on tomorrows weather it should be good for Sundays games but we will check it again tomorrow afternoon.

Shazzas in the kitchen
27-06-2015, 02:36 AM
I checked Suburbs today.
We called off tonights games and the juniors tomorrow. Depending on tomorrows weather it should be good for Sundays games but we will check it again tomorrow afternoon.
The ground could be fine , but the kitchen is mine !!! Suburbs all the way , they have the most delicate pies any day .....

leftrightout
27-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Are all games on today?

Bulldogs 1962
27-06-2015, 11:04 AM
Are all games on today?

Wet weather line says so only kurri and jesmond off so Zpl all on

Nou Camp
27-06-2015, 05:28 PM
Suns vs new lambton
1sts 4-2
Res 2-1
3rds 0-3

Hotline
27-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Uni vs Barnsley
1st 8 - 1
Res 2 - 0
3rd 7 - 1

gny
27-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Swansea v bero
3rds 2-1 bero
Res 3-1 Swansea
1sts 5-2 bero

Jardelsimage
28-06-2015, 06:13 PM
Dudley v Cardiff
3rds 1--3
res 2--0
1st 0--1 Tigers down to 10 just before halftime, played well enough to hold Dudley at bay. Great result again, hear our brothers up the hill beat Mayfield???? even better result well done fellas.

Shayne
28-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Garden Suburb vs Mayfield

Thirds 1-1
Res 0-2
First 5-3

Didn't catch the games.. someone will comment.

ForeverRed
28-06-2015, 07:49 PM
3 all at half time, great effort burbs

hawk
28-06-2015, 09:56 PM
Dudley v Cardiff
3rds 1--3
res 2--0
1st 0--1 Tigers down to 10 just before halftime, played well enough to hold Dudley at bay. Great result again, hear our brothers up the hill beat Mayfield???? even better result well done fellas.

:cool:

Phoenix12
29-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Uni vs Barnsley
1st 8 - 1
Res 2 - 0
3rd 7 - 1

A big day for Uni with 17 goals....Not to often in this comp you see a 19 Goal day !

It could have been a lot bigger with Uni just not clinical enough in all grades, (3rds could have been 10, Reserves could have been at least 6 and firsts could have been 10 as well).

The Barnsley keepers really had a great day, and I mean that ! They pulled off some quality saves that kept university at bay for periods of time...but it seemed like the the big pitch hurt Barnsley...and they really suffered.

They had an older keeper in firsts...and he made some real quality saves in the first half...The Thirds keeper backed up in reserves..he is a big lad...but also made some really telling touches to keep the score down... Keepers were the stand outs on the pitch for Barnsley !

Barnsley also went down to 10 men in the second half of firsts, when their defender pulled the shirt of a Uni attacker as he broke through to go to goal... a bit soft.... but it was an attacking opportunity, and the last line of defense.

Big game mid week for Uni against Beresfield. Tuesday is Firsts, Wednesday is thirds and Reserves.

Source
29-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Is that true about some unhappy players at mayfield or is this just a gee up because the Kingfishers won and if so how about a bit of fact to back it up, just wondering

Premy
29-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Is that true about some unhappy players at mayfield or is this just a gee up because the Kingfishers won and if so how about a bit of fact to back it up, just wondering
Shazza in the Kitchen is clearly a troll and I'm yet to determine which club they are link to, take it with a grain of salt and lighten up.

Phoenix12
29-06-2015, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=Shayne;126363]Garden Suburb vs Mayfield

Thirds 1-1
Res 0-2
First 5-3

Didn't catch the games.. someone will comment.[/QUOTE
Doing over time in the kitchen at suburbs .... I've herd a rumour that there is some unhappy players at mayfield ...a few walked out after the game, asking for tissues in the revised contacted .UP THE KINGFISHERS

What does "asking for tissues in the revised contacted" mean ! Is this another phone text moment.....

Phoenix12
30-06-2015, 01:31 PM
Shazza in the Kitchen is clearly a troll and I'm yet to determine which club they are link to, take it with a grain of salt and lighten up.

I believe Shazza replied and then removed the reply !...clearly a troll-like move !

Shazzas in the kitchen
30-06-2015, 02:18 PM
I believe Shazza replied and then removed the reply !...clearly a troll-like move !
Shazza has been asked to remove comments , maybe it was the Phoenix12 or the Source that complained ?? From the kitchen I will be watching ever game !! A troll u ask ? I follow only one team ,but watch many games in zpl !!!!!!!👊👊👊👊👊

Phoenix12
30-06-2015, 03:35 PM
Shazza has been asked to remove comments , maybe it was the Phoenix12 or the Source that complained ?? From the kitchen I will be watching ever game !! A troll u ask ? I follow only one team ,but watch many games in zpl !!!!!!!����������

Hah ! No complaint by me ! I was having a joke :-), and am more than happy with the rumor mill "fuel" !

I have no allegiances or alliances with either team.... so no issues whatsoever !

Cheers

gny
30-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Uni v bero catch up
1st grade bero 3-1
Res and 3rds tomorrow night

Frodo
01-07-2015, 07:30 AM
Suburbs vs Dudley 3rd grade catch up
3-1 win to Burbs.

Very happy with the win. Many boys still feeling the game on the weekend, as i'm sure Dudley were as well. We will take the 3 points and hopefully put together a similar performance on Sunday for the return fixture.

Ressies and Firsts on tonite.

gny
01-07-2015, 09:20 PM
Uni v bero
3rds 0-0
Res 1-0 bero