PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Zone League 1 thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Cabaye#4
31-05-2015, 06:40 PM
In europe, UEFA doesn't let feeder clubs play in the same division as their parent club. Not sure why Macquarie allows Jeso to play in this division?

C'mon man
01-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Midweek fixture
Kotara v Beresfield @ Nesbitt
Wednesday
3rds & Res 6:00pm & 8:00pm
Thursday
1st 6:30pm

Anyone else playing midweek?

C'mon man
03-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Kotara v Beresfield @ Nesbitt
3rds
6-0 Kotara
Res
2-0 Kotara

a-gunners
04-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Stockton v Charlie catchup last night
Res 2-3 Charlestown
1st 1-1
Good game in 1st stocko are a good bunch of blokes. Couple of big challenges but nothing with any real malice from either team. Stockton scored midway through 2nd half with a well worked goal. Charlie equalized with about 10 to go. Credit to Charlie boys down on players and a couple of injuries during the game they dug deep and got a point. Looking forward to the 2nd round game.
3rds play tonight 630 kickoff

namwob99
04-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Kotara vs Bero
4-3
We were up 2-0 and 3-1 and same old story...

Macca
04-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Few of the Westlakes boys are wondering if Stocko ground is liquor licensed? Wilso or anyone?

Retro Jet
05-06-2015, 12:59 AM
There is an esky there we will make sure it's full. Your more then welcome to make a $4 donation to our charity bucket which will be conveniently placed next to said esky. Please make this donation each trip...

Obviously not a Good Sports club....:blush:

boz-monaut
05-06-2015, 07:51 AM
Retro was talking about the Good Sports initiative of the state government

its about responsible alcohol use in sports clubs and warns you of the huge risks, potential fines and exposure to being sued for things like selling beer from an rely

but if you want to have a dig at our pre-upgrade facilities then fine, keep doing what you are

Jardelsimage
05-06-2015, 09:00 AM
There is an esky there we will make sure it's full. Your more then welcome to make a $4 donation to our charity bucket which will be conveniently placed next to said esky. Please make this donation each trip...

That's a smart move, advertise how you think you are outsmarting, the powers that be.
The old donation/charity tin was ruled illegal years ago.
About $500?? gets you a licence for life to sell alcohol, just fill the form in each year, done.

Charman
05-06-2015, 10:48 AM
That's a smart move, advertise how you think you are outsmarting, the powers that be.
The old donation/charity tin was ruled illegal years ago.
About $500?? gets you a licence for life to sell alcohol, just fill the form in each year, done.

and have someone obtain an RSA. I'd be hiding that esky for a little while.

Wilso8948
05-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Well then.. Shows how much I know! I'll just stick to drinking beer rather then the politics that surrounds it!

Wilso8948
06-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Stocko won all three grades against westlakes today
4-2 thirds
3-2 res
5-1 firsts

Bubbles7
06-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Beresfield vs Warners Bay
Thirds 1-3
Res 1-1
Firsts 4-1
Good to get our first win in firsts today

rolo
06-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Stocko have a license. We aren't that stupid

Macca
06-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Did see the "Good Sports club" sign on the canteen, made me crack a smile.

Didn't see third grade. Coach said everyone had a shocker.

Not sure what happened in the second half of ressies, stocko had a couple of good chances in the first half but it looked like we were all over them from what I saw and went into the sheds 2-0 up. I didn't really see the second half, maybe Stocko wanted it more or somethin.

First grade was pretty terrible from us, didn't really show up until the second half. Stocko sank 3 while we were working out how to play. I thought the second half was pretty even, Stocko looking threatening every counter attack as you do with Lez. We just struggled to create chances really. Poor showing. Game was played in good spirits overall, although physical and a couple of cards for each team. Hopefully we can show up better and make a good match of it at Rathmines.

Zephyr
06-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Jesmond vs Nelson Bay

Thirds 4-4
Ressies 2-1
Firsts 4-1

Incognito mosquito
06-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Did see the "Good Sports club" sign on the canteen, made me crack a smile.

Didn't see third grade. Coach said everyone had a shocker.

Not sure what happened in the second half of ressies, stocko had a couple of good chances in the first half but it looked like we were all over them from what I saw and went into the sheds 2-0 up. I didn't really see the second half, maybe Stocko wanted it more or somethin.

First grade was pretty terrible from us, didn't really show up until the second half. Stocko sank 3 while we were working out how to play. I thought the second half was pretty even, Stocko looking threatening every counter attack as you do with Lez. We just struggled to create chances really. Poor showing. Game was played in good spirits overall, although physical and a couple of cards for each team. Hopefully we can show up better and make a good match of it at Rathmines.

I hear a poor coaches speach at half time really hampered the ressies team momentum

Macca
07-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Also not that it makes much difference but wasn't firsts 4-1?

hawk
07-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Kotara v Morrigypos

3rd 1-1 scoreboard
res 2-0 scoreboard
1st 0-8

1st grade was an absolute masterclass from these young guys. Although Kotara was coming off a thurs night game ive heard. Will take a decent team to knock these blokes off.
The coaching staff likes to weigh in with plenty of banter as wel, lol. Youve been warned.

C'mon man
07-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Kotara v Morisset @ Nesbitt
3rds
1-1
Res
2-0 Kotara
1st
0-8 morrisett
A terrible day for Kotara in first grade well and truly outplayed just so disappointing that a top of the table clash ended like that for us.
Morrisett are the team to beat !!
Res grade was a great contest with both teams really havin a go at each other and in my opinion kotara were the better side
3rds credit must go to morrisett they really gave kotara a good battle and were prob unlucky not to take the 3 points
Great day for football shame that we didn't turn out in all three grades

a-gunners
07-06-2015, 06:13 PM
Cookers v Charlestown
3rds 1-2 charly
Res 4-0 cookers
1st 2-0 cookers
Good game in 1st. Credit to our boys(Charlestown) 3games in 7 days 17 out and a gutsy effort creating plenty of chances. Hoping for a few to return for our next game against kotara but well done to cooks hill game was played in good spirit

namwob99
07-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Where'd all these Morisset boys come from? Heard rumours of them splashing a fair chunk of cash this year in prep for newfm eventually. Definitely the best team we've played this year also.

Potters
07-06-2015, 06:53 PM
We picked up a couple new faces and kept 98% of our old squad i can assure you we don't have big cash to splash we can't even afford new training balls haha just big dreams and a great bunch of boys who will play for each other

hawk
07-06-2015, 06:57 PM
We picked up a couple new faces and kept 98% of our old squad i can assure you we don't have big cash to splash we can't even afford new training balls haha just big dreams and a great bunch of boys who will play for each other

So how many came in from Budgie? more than 2.

Potters
07-06-2015, 07:11 PM
Yeah more than two like I said a couple new faces, but saying we are splashing big cash is laughable these boys are mates of ours who have come to play..

Chef
07-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Westlakes pussy cats.
What is going on down there you guys used to be competitive.
Where's the wildcats gone

Wilso8948
07-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Yeah more than two like I said a couple new faces, but saying we are splashing big cash is laughable these boys are mates of ours who have come to play..
Haha if anyone's paying people to play ZL1 you're doing it wrong..

Chef
07-06-2015, 09:21 PM
The only advise I have for Westlakes is wear your Fluro strip until you lose,
maybe you guys have one more point in yas. And you haven't lost without it.

Chef
07-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Now everyone has seen what there up against.
Have your predictions for the top four changed?
My tip. 1st Grade
Morisset
Cooks Hill
Charlestown
Lumberjack

Retro Jet
07-06-2015, 09:43 PM
The only advise I have for Westlakes is wear your Fluro strip until you lose,
maybe you guys have one more point in yas. And you haven't lost without it.

In my 22 year involvement with ID/Zone football, I've never seen anything like it!
They can't use not seeing each other as an excuse.
KUTGW Wildcats!

ICEBERG10
07-06-2015, 09:54 PM
In my 22 year involvement with ID/Zone football, I've never seen anything like it!
They can't use not seeing each other as an excuse.
KUTGW Wildcats!

We have lost wearing it sadly but also had our best result so far! We just wanted something that would definitely never clash with anyone and Fluro Orange got the nod, goes well with the purple so we don't mind wearing it.

ICEBERG10
07-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Westlakes pussy cats.
What is going on down there you guys used to be competitive
Where's the wildcats gone

The season we got promoted to ZL1 half of the grand final winning squad left for a whole assortment of reasons. So we suddenly found ourselves having to field and extra grade with barely enough to fill first and ressies. So we got some of our juniors in and some players returned who used to play for the club. We put in 110% and we all get along really well hopefully it'll turn into results on the field soon!

hawk
07-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Now everyone has seen what there up against.
Have your predictions for the top four changed?
My tip. 1st Grade
Morisset
Cooks Hill
Charlestown
Lumberjack

Morisset & Cookers gf? though I havent seen charlie yet

C'mon man
08-06-2015, 02:36 AM
Wow you guys are goin off early!! Cookers haven't even played morisset or kotara !! Long way to go yet!! Morisset are the team to beat obviously but there is a lot more football to be played ...

beaten favourite
08-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Yeah we've only played 6 games this season at Cookers most stop/start season I can remember….. Looking forward to to testing ourselves against Kotara and Morisett. Charlestown were pretty solid, I didn't realise they'd played midweek, definitely explained them running out of legs. Dreading when our old boys have to play 3 games in a week!!!!

Macca
08-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Morisset v Cooks Hill will certainly be an interesting fixture. Did Morry play out of their skin, Kotara off their game or a bit of both? Surprising scoreline for me.

Potters
08-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Possibly a bit of both I know we weren't at 100% at Morisset having not played in 3 weeks but everything just seemed to work for mo town 1sts anyway haha and some frustration leaked into kotara after a few goals

Nave
08-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Possibly a bit of both I know we weren't at 100% at Morisset having not played in 3 weeks but everything just seemed to work for mo town 1sts anyway haha and some frustration leaked into kotara after a few goals

Morry ressies definitely i think suffered from not playing in 3 weeks, we were pretty sluggish yesterday and were really disappointed in our performance, that being said, had that first half shot from halfway had gone in, different game from that point on

C'mon man
08-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Shot from halfway..... please!!! It was a great shot but wasn't from halfway mate

Macca
08-06-2015, 02:58 PM

Yeah, I got the feeling when playing against you guys in firsts that on a day where everything was coming off you guys would put on a score.

Chef
08-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I got the feeling when playing against you guys in firsts that on a day where everything was coming off you guys would put on a score.

Ha ha, you would get that feeling against every team Macca.

Macca
08-06-2015, 06:14 PM
:brrr:

Nave
08-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Shot from halfway..... please!!! It was a great shot but wasn't from halfway mate

Just fishing mate haha

hawk
08-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Morisset v Cooks Hill will certainly be an interesting fixture. Did Morry play out of their skin, Kotara off their game or a bit of both? Surprising scoreline for me.

scorline reflected how dominant morri was but Kotara did have a mid weeker

Potters
08-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Yeah we have a few catch ups coming up hopefully we can continue our form over the coming weeks mid weeks are always tough with work and travel

Wilso8948
09-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Yeah we have a few catch ups coming up hopefully we can continue our form over the coming weeks mid weeks are always tough with work and travel

Any of these catchups been confirmed yet? Hard to get a feel for the table when there's 3/4 teams still with games in hand

Potters
09-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Only nelsons bay on the wash out weekend the rest are awaiting ground approval or are not our home game

Happy
12-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Predictions
Stockton
Jesmond
Cooks Hill
Draw (Charlestown v Kotara)
Morisset

Happy
12-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Any truth to the rumors floating around in the ZL2 thread that Lez is off to Medowie?

gny
12-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Medowie all age

Happy Tiger
12-06-2015, 04:00 PM
16 clubs in 3 years. That's impressive.

Bubbles7
12-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Where's wilso's comment on the matter he knows everything doesn't he 😏

Cabaye#4
12-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Catchup last night.
Res: Charlie 0-3 Jeso
3rds: Charlie 3-1 Jeso

Wilso8948
12-06-2015, 06:09 PM
Where's wilso's comment on the matter he knows everything doesn't he 😏

Maybe not everything but a fair bit ;)

C'mon man
13-06-2015, 06:59 PM
Charlestown v Kotara
3rds
3-2 Charlestown
Res
0-1 Kotara
1st
2-2

Wilso8948
13-06-2015, 07:21 PM
Stocko v Bero
3rds 1-4
Res 2-0
1sts 3-2

Massive result in firsts with 10 men for half hour and bunch of injuries. Real tough game

C'mon man
13-06-2015, 07:33 PM
No refs today for kotara v charlestown also !!! What a joke !!!
Thanks to the guys from both clubs that stood in for them

ICEBERG10
13-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Jesmond vs Westlakes
3rd 10-0 Jes
Res 1-1
1st 3-0 Jes

C'mon man
13-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Nelson Bay v Cookers ??

a-gunners
13-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Apologies to kotara today. We didn't get refs appointed today so needed club refs and they did there best but it's always going to be difficult to ref when u don't have the respect of both parties. For our boys we were well below our best today need to improve. Kotara moved the ball around well in 1st half and scored from a set piece and a pen. Both teams played in good spirit thanks to the lads that ran the lines and reffed.

Retro Jet
13-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Nelson Bay v Cookers ??

Cookers carrier pidgeon just flew into my (phone) Inbox
1st 1-3
Res 1-2
3rd 2-2

Cabaye#4
13-06-2015, 11:34 PM
No refs today for kotara v charlestown also !!! What a joke !!!
Thanks to the guys from both clubs that stood in for them
What's not a joke was the state the away sheds were left in at charlestown oval today. Bunch of grubs. Pull your heads in.

C'mon man
13-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Please explain buddy?

Cabaye#4
13-06-2015, 11:53 PM
You guys want to clean ur boots, do every club a favour and don't do it against the walls so it need to be physically scrubbed off afterwards.

C'mon man
14-06-2015, 12:07 AM
Apologies mate I wasn't aware of that.... We will have a word to our players

ha'way the lads
14-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Cabaye and other Charlestown people: I arrived about halfway through 3rds and can definitely say that muck on the wall was already there, and looked like it had been there a while. So unless it was part of some weird prematch routine for 3rds it may have had something to do with the junior matches on beforehand. I would have swept the sheds but there was no broom, so i scraped the tape with my foot to try and make the clean up easier. Sorry boys it's the best I could do, and I can't explain the wall.

Cabaye#4
14-06-2015, 09:46 AM
The plot thickens.... The only juniors on were u13s who didnt use the sheds so the finger pointing may have to move to all age on friday night! All accusations are on hold pending further investigations.
Don't worry about the sweeping, that's fine, but thanks for the efforts anyways.

boz-monaut
14-06-2015, 10:16 AM
You guys want to clean ur boots, do every club a favour and don't do it against the walls so it need to be physically scrubbed off afterwards.

this goes for every team in every club

someone who volunteers their time to allow you to play football has to clean up your mess - smashing boots against a wall, littering, generally being a dick are all dog acts and need to stop

Happy Tiger
14-06-2015, 08:31 PM
What's not a joke was the state the away sheds were left in at charlestown oval today. Bunch of grubs. Pull your heads in.Grubs? Pull your heads in? We weren't happy with the state your clubs away shed was in when we arrived. The mud was on the wall when we got there. On the other hand the cheap beer for a small donation was enjoyable. Good luck for the rest of the year boys considering there was no officials the games were played in a good spirit.

C'mon man
14-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Sporting pulse has warners bay beating morisset in 1st and res 3rds a draw.... Great results for warners bay

namwob99
14-06-2015, 09:24 PM
Sporting pulse has warners bay beating morisset in 1st and res 3rds a draw.... Great results for warners bay
Reading their Facebook page, they played 85mins with 10 men after gk got sent and don't seem too happy with the ref.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
14-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Jeso v Westlakes.
Didnt see 3rds but scoreline suggests massacre at 10 nil.
Reggies we looked tired after Thursday, which we shouldn't and baddies got a goal and their tales up. 1 1, had enough chances to win comfortably and consider it points dropped.
1sts an ordinary game. Could have conceded early but dominated as game went on, without anywhere near enough patches of quality. 3 0 we'll take the points and move on.
Quick hats off to Westlakes. Seem to be rebuilding and could do with a few signings but got stuck in, pushed us for long periods, didn't carry on and when game was lost didn't revert to nasty challenges that often is seen.

Buddha
14-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Reading their Facebook page, they played 85mins with 10 men after gk got sent and don't seem too happy with the ref.

Does not surprise me given their goalkeeper is a bit of a hot head

Macca
14-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Jeso v Westlakes.
Didnt see 3rds but scoreline suggests massacre at 10 nil.
Reggies we looked tired after Thursday, which we shouldn't and baddies got a goal and their tales up. 1 1, had enough chances to win comfortably and consider it points dropped.
1sts an ordinary game. Could have conceded early but dominated as game went on, without anywhere near enough patches of quality. 3 0 we'll take the points and move on.
Quick hats off to Westlakes. Seem to be rebuilding and could do with a few signings but got stuck in, pushed us for long periods, didn't carry on and when game was lost didn't revert to nasty challenges that often is seen.

Thanks mate... we felt hard done by for the first goal with the ball getting drilled into our bloke's arms which were in front of his chest and given a penalty... Third goal was contentious but still work to do from the free kick and was nicely taken. It certainly wasn't the best game with both teams struggling to create many good chances, you guys did that better than us and were deserved winners. Thought we might have snuck one in, feeling on top for probably the first 25 minutes of the second half but nothing came of it and you guys sunk a couple in the last 10 minutes to bury us once again.

Definitely been a tough season for us, but we'll keep at it..

WWMTD?
15-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Thanks to the Nelson's Bay lads for an enjoyable day Saturday.
Pros:
That pitch..immaculate
Cheap beers
Good after game venue

Cons:
BBQ packed up at 2pm..controversial!

C'mon man
15-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Midweek fixture @ Athletics Track
Cooks Hill v Kotara
Wed
3rds - 6pm
Res Grade - 8pm
Thurs
1st Grade - 7:30pm

Chef
16-06-2015, 06:41 AM
So how'd the the warnesbay v morri game play out in 1st.
Warnesbay should carry some confidents through now

Titan
16-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Didn't see much of 3rd. Sorry.
Res played in good spirits mostly. There was plenty of feeling as 2 good teams going at it. Morriset prob were stronger but that's soccer. Ball off the post with 5 to go to even it up was unlucky not to go in. Good sportsmanship shown until end when bad tackle injured a WB player and was carried from field with a few minutes to go. Then when he limped to change rooms after game morriset players abused him? Didn't get it?? The refereeing wasn't flash...can be summed up with his name "wadey". Anyone playing senior football knows this man, he's an unusual character to put it mildly.
1st grade was another good game. Didn't see send off but it happened after 5 mins. Wasn't a dirty foul but a blatant send off for keeper who took out striker rounding him to score. WB scored some good goals, morriset scored good goals also. Was still a game with them playing short. I can see why morriset are leading comp. They have good midfield and strong forwards.
Only criticism is the morriset crowd comprised of players and supporters during first grade lost control of themselves.
Super aggresive cause they were losing, not something they've had to deal with before it appears.
Can't see them losing minor prem, they're very strong. Good luck.

hawk
17-06-2015, 12:25 AM
Only criticism is the morriset crowd comprised of players and supporters during first grade lost control of themselves.
Super aggresive cause they were losing, not something they've had to deal with before it appears.
Can't see them losing minor prem, they're very strong. Good luck.

you were warned

Chef
17-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Yar Morrisets problem lie within themselves
It could be there undoing in the end.

Happy Tiger
18-06-2015, 11:07 PM
I'll let cookers put up a match report because I've nothing nice to say

Retro Jet
18-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Er...I didn't see wot 'appened as I arrived 20min from time.
Anyway, I don't do match reports.

Cooks Hill v Kotara
1st Cooks Hill 5 v Kotara 0
(Res & 3rd's washed out last night: now 6:30 & 8pm on 24.6.15)

ICEBERG10
19-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Westlakes vs Kotara South set to be played Saturday 20/6/15 is washed out.

C'mon man
19-06-2015, 06:06 PM
Game changed when we had a player sent-off at 0-0
Cookers scored some good goals and got a dubious penalty
We were outplayed and the end of the day and have some work to do if we want to win this league !!
Had 5+ players out but players in our lower grades should be able to step up.... We move on to the next game

Baaaaaaaaaa
19-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Is FFA cup on tomorrow? Is it Jesmond and someone? Also where is it? Thanks.

NewyTy
19-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Is FFA cup on tomorrow? Is it Jesmond and someone? Also where is it? Thanks.

Will be on mate as it's synthetic turf. Jeso play West Wallsend at 10am. Speers Point Football Facility just near Speers Point Park. Should be a big game for the Rams. Anything could happen with the form Westy are in.

namwob99
20-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Bero vs Cooks Hill off.

windy2203
20-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Motown vs nbay off

Baaaaaaaaaa
20-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Will be on mate as it's synthetic turf. Jeso play West Wallsend at 10am. Speers Point Football Facility just near Speers Point Park. Should be a big game for the Rams. Anything could happen with the form Westy are in.

Cheers for that. I ended up going for a look, Jesmond unlucky not to win. Was entertaining as a spectator.

leftyrightytoey
21-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Glad charly v warnersbay is off, its hard to find sunscreen this time of year and i would of hated to of gotten burnt!

C'mon man
23-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Can someone from charlestown - Cabaye#4....... update sporting pulse - the results from the kotara game still havent been put up

rolo
24-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Stocko 1 - 3 jesmond
Some terrible finishing from both teams. Stocko probably had the Chances to at least earn a draw in the second half but didn't hence the loss.
Good competitive game that hung in the balance for most of the game. Played I good spirits especially when most of the match was spent by both teams asking each other how the ref came to that decision.
Some refs shouldn't be allowed to ref at night anymore especially when they are considered an inspector and still make that many obvious mistakes (which both teams agreed on). More often than not the ref was the only one on the field that agreed with the decision. And I'm sure jesmond will agree with me here because this isn't sour grapes. He was terrible!
Two of the softest yellow cards I've seen in my life. One for our player saying 'yeah good header' and one for a standing tackle where both players kicked the ball at the same time and neither of them left their foot nor ending up on the ground.
F^^*king ridiculous display!

Baaaaaaaaaa
24-06-2015, 12:15 PM
It will be interesting to see Stockon's results now without the lumberjack. Just saying,

Jardelsimage
24-06-2015, 12:53 PM
It will be interesting to see Stockon's results now without the lumberjack. Just saying,

Just a innocent observation but, how many clubs has this lumberjack played for over the last 3-4 years, he seems to pop up everywhere.......
2015 Medowie AA, Stockton,
2014 suburbs, wallsend .
2013 ??????
2012 ??????
what have I missed

Cuz
24-06-2015, 01:06 PM
I remember him playing 2012, 2013 for the terrace

Another Ranger
24-06-2015, 01:07 PM

Might be better then expected. Terrace went on to play better football and win the GF after He left the club early on in the year.

Drunken ranger
24-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Just a innocent observation but, how many clubs has this lumberjack played for over the last 3-4 years, he seems to pop up everywhere.......
2015 Medowie AA, Stockton,
2014 suburbs, wallsend .
2013 ??????
2012 ??????
what have I missed
2012/13 terrace and a quick appearance at the terrace last year before suburbs

Wilso8948
24-06-2015, 01:31 PM

Hard to say at the moment. Missing players due to work/injuries/suspensions. Haven't had a settled starting line up for a few weeks. Plugging away sitting 3rd at the half way point in our first year of ZL1 is a big effort. Depth will always be a problem when making the jump up. In my opinion we were flat against jeso. Hard to watch from the sidelines. The boys tried hard but let the ref distract them. Hard to get any fluency when the calls were quite baffling. But in my opinion Jeso did the job and were deserved winners.
Most teams are struggling to find consistency this year with the exception of Morry and cookers. I think it'll be quite congested for a few weeks to come with 4/5 clubs competing for top four spots and some catchups to come

Retro Jet
24-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Cooks Hill v Kotara FC
TIMERITE Park

3rd's Cooks Hill 1 v Kotara 2
Res's Cooks Hill 3 v Kotrara 1

Macca
25-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Most teams are struggling to find consistency this year with the exception of Morry and cookers.

I take offence to that, I think we've been the most consistent team all season.

Retro Jet
25-06-2015, 11:04 PM

Hey Macca, what's Fishburn Field like after rain? Will Wildcats v Cookers get on you reckon?
60% rain coastal tomorrow + sunny Saturday...so BOM is stating.

Wilso8948
26-06-2015, 12:24 AM

I see what you did there..

ICEBERG10
26-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Hey Macca, what's Fishburn Field like after rain? Will Wildcats v Cookers get on you reckon?
60% rain coastal tomorrow + sunny Saturday...so BOM is stating.

We are going to make a call in the morning. Our top field is no good but our no1 field we need to play on is a chance.

ICEBERG10
27-06-2015, 09:37 AM
Westlakes vs Cooks Hill is ON! Looking forward to some good games today.

ICEBERG10
27-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Westlakes vs Cooks Hill
3rd 3-1 Cookers
Res 2-0 Cookers
1st 3-2 Westlakes

First win for 1st grade!!!!

Hotline
27-06-2015, 06:55 PM
Westlakes vs Cooks Hill
3rd 3-1 Cookers
Res 2-0 Cookers
1st 3-2 Westlakes

Well done westlakes! What happened to cookers?

Wilso8948
27-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Wow that's unexpected well done westlakes

C'mon man
27-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Nelson Bay v Kotara
3rds
6-1 Kotara
Res
1-0 Kotara
1st
6-4 Kotara
Goal fest in 1st grade including first half hat-trick to kotara right back
Well done to nelson bay - pitch was outstanding - best I've played on this year

ICEBERG10
27-06-2015, 07:12 PM
1st grade
Top game all round. Tough physical yet flashes of brilliance from so many different players. Cookers were all over us in the first half but just lacked the finishing. Scored a well constructed goal and then we replied with 5 min left in the half due to a screamer from our cdm. Second half was end to end yet cookers still had the better chances. We scored due to a cutback and goalmouth scramble but then conceded a penalty 5 minutes later to make 2-2. We then scored with about 10 to go and held on for the win! Thanks to the cookers for a great day in every grade.

Wilso8948
27-06-2015, 10:03 PM
What was the result up at tarro park?

Cabaye#4
27-06-2015, 11:13 PM
What was the result up at tarro park?
3rds: 2-1 Bero
Res: 3-1 Jeso
1sts: 2-1 Jeso

hawk
28-06-2015, 12:34 AM
Westlakes vs Cooks Hill
3rd 3-1 Cookers
Res 2-0 Cookers
1st 3-2 Westlakes

:shock:

Macca
28-06-2015, 12:52 AM
As soon as I go and praise our consistency we lose that too..

WWMTD?
28-06-2015, 08:29 AM
Well done westlakes! What happened to cookers?

8 regular first graders out I believe..didnt take their chances as iceberg said. Well done to west lakes but knocking off top of the table. Looking forward to mori mid week catch up to go again.

Wilso8948
28-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Stocko v warners bay
Thirds 2-2 (I think. Word of mouth so could be wrong)
Res 2-1 stocko. Much needed win for the lads.
Firsts 1-0 warners bay. Pitched looked really heavy and slippery for the boys. Probably was borderline playable but I also wasn't out there so can't really comment. Looked to be a game of two halves. Stocko on top first half but were a bit wasteful and couldn't pinch one. Warners bay looked better out of the blocks in the second and pinched a breakaway midway through. Stocko came late with some chances and hit the post but looked like the ball didn't want to go in the net today.

ICEBERG10
29-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Any scores from the Charlestown vs Morisset game?

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
29-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Charlestown - Morisset

3rds 1-2
Res 1-1 (I think?)
1st 4-4 (2-0 to mori mid way through 1st half, charly made it 2-1 before half time. charly then made it 3-2, then 3-3, then charly made it 4-3, then finished 4-4. very end to end stuff with lots of counter attacking play could have gone either way.)

Macca
29-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Another interesting result, Charlestown probably the happier of the two. Now to see the long awaited Cooks Hill v Morisset result.

Wilso8948
29-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Another interesting result, Charlestown probably the happier of the two. Now to see the long awaited Cooks Hill v Morisset result.

Few interesting results over the weekend macca. Hopefully you boys can continue your winning ways

Macca
29-06-2015, 11:47 PM
Few interesting results over the weekend macca. Hopefully you boys can continue your winning ways

Cheers mate, we hope so too.

C'mon man
30-06-2015, 11:47 PM
Westlakes v Kotara
Catch up fixture
1st
4-1 Kotara
Res
2-0 Kotara

Chef
01-07-2015, 01:22 AM
Bit disappointing.
Thought Westlakes were a chance of getting some points
Considering Kotaras schedule of late and Westlakes at home
Coming off a win at home.
Never mind keep trying boys.

Potters
01-07-2015, 08:54 AM
Morisset vs cooks hill
3rd grade
3-2 great result for the young guys against quality opposition

Macca
01-07-2015, 09:57 AM
Kotara were tidy and took a couple of early chances. We had a few chances also in the first half but nothing to show for it until late in the game. Hopefully we can reverse the result on the weekend.

Chef
01-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Yar good luck with that macca.
I'm predicting a bigger score line.
But hopefully im wrong

Incognito mosquito
01-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Yar good luck with that macca.
I'm predicting a bigger score line.
But hopefully im wrong

In westlakes favour I'm assuming ;)

Also hope old mate from kotara who done his knee early in the first half is ok it seemed like a pretty innocuous challenge but nobody likes to see someone get injured like that. All the best

a-gunners
01-07-2015, 03:29 PM
How's mo towns captain going. Big collision with keeper late in the game. There was a whisper of cracked sternum. Anyhow his a good bloke and an even better player enjoyed playing against him and hope he is ok

C'mon man
01-07-2015, 08:59 PM
There was another big game tonight.....
Westlakes v Kotara
3rd grade
1-8 Kotara

windy2203
02-07-2015, 12:04 AM
motown vs cookers
1st 6 - 2 motown
res 2 - 1 motown

windy2203
02-07-2015, 12:07 AM
How's mo towns captain going. Big collision with keeper late in the game. There was a whisper of cracked sternum. Anyhow his a good bloke and an even better player enjoyed playing against him and hope he is ok

He has a cracked rib, Should be playing in a few weeks time.

Chef
02-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Westlakes need to show a bit more pride
Playing at home and getting beat 8-1
And now 10-0 is Nothing short of pathetic
Have a go boys.
Relegation is beckoning for this club.
Maybe that's what they want.

C'mon man
02-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Mate show a bit of respect! Westlakes were beaten 8-1 in 3rd grade and really our club has a strong 3rd grade team.
In my opinion 1st and res...they really competed and moved the ball around well at times...
It's not easy losing and at least westlakes can field 3 grades unlike other clubs couldn't do in the past....

ICEBERG10
02-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Westlakes need to show a bit more pride
Playing at home and getting beat 8-1
And now 10-0 is Nothing short of pathetic
Have a go boys.
Relegation is beckoning for this club.
Maybe that's what they want.

You seem to be full of knowledge and no doubt are a world class player......... So instead of talking shit by all means come down and tell us what we are doing wrong and show us how it's done. If not shut your trap and f*** off!!!

Macca
02-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Kotara's 3rd grade team could give a lot of ressies teams a tough match I would think. They played well and we were pretty honking.

As for the other grades, they were decent games I think. We're not setting the world on fire but not having a go is not something we can be accused of I don't think. We are aware that we're in a battle to avoid relegation, some steps have been taken to try and stay up. Hopefully we can earn a few more wins over the second half of the season to stay up in this league and work from there. Looking forward to the game on Sunday, Kotara.

pv4
02-07-2015, 11:20 PM
You seem to be full of knowledge and no doubt are a world class player......... So instead of talking shit by all means come down and tell us what we are doing wrong and show us how it's done. If not shut your trap and f*** off!!!

Looks like a crack from the iceberg.

Chef
02-07-2015, 11:39 PM

Sorry if I've ruffled a few feathers here.
I respect the fact they have 3 teams.
1st grade have conceded 42 goals and scored 6
So there is obviously some problems.
What those problems are I'm not entirely sure.
Maybe you guys know what they are and will turn the season
Around, there's still plenty of time. If not
I'll be happy to come down to training and give you guys a few tips
If you'd like now problem.
Under One condition a few free beers.
When would you like me to come down?

ICEBERG10
02-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Sorry if I've ruffled a few feathers here.
I respect the fact they have 3 teams.
1st grade have conceded 42 goals and scored 6
So there is obviously some problems.
What those problems are I'm not entirely sure.
Maybe you guys know what they are and will turn the season
Around, there's still plenty of time. If not
I'll be happy to come down to training and give you guys a few tips
If you'd like now problem.
Under One condition a few free beers.
When would you like me to come down?

We train Tuesday/ Thursday 6.30pm - 9pm and squads train separately so see the Head Coach and Director of Coaching and they'll send you where your needed most 😉

Chef
02-07-2015, 11:55 PM
What about the beers:brrr

ICEBERG10
03-07-2015, 12:59 AM
What about the beers:brrr
Payment is determined by the quality of the help provided.

Jardelsimage
03-07-2015, 09:50 AM
We train Tuesday/ Thursday 6.30pm - 9pm and squads train separately so see the Head Coach and Director of Coaching and they'll send you where your needed most ��

2.5 hours each night, your over trained that's the problem..:rof:

ICEBERG10
03-07-2015, 12:38 PM
2.5 hours each night, your over trained that's the problem..:rof:

A chunk of this time is spent "talking tactics" in the shed while drinking beer :)

Jardelsimage
03-07-2015, 09:39 PM
A chunk of this time is spent "talking tactics" in the shed while drinking beer :)

so beer is the problem then:thumbsup:

PC14
03-07-2015, 10:21 PM
so beer is the problem then:thumbsup:

Beer is never the problem!

Macca
03-07-2015, 10:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVwR0rw5fk

namwob99
04-07-2015, 06:08 PM
Cooks Hill vs Bero
1sts 2-2
Res 2-1
3rds 1-3

Don't seem to get any luck when you're sitting in 8th.

Zephyr
04-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Jesmond vs Stocko

Thirds 3-0
Ressies 3-1
Firsts 1-3

Both teams missed some chances in the first half with the woodwork getting a fair workout. Stockton had a strong second half and thoroughly deserved their 3 points.

Wilso8948
04-07-2015, 11:40 PM
What was the Charlie v W bay result

Buddha
04-07-2015, 11:41 PM
Jesmond vs Stocko

Thirds 3-0
Ressies 3-1
Firsts 1-3

Both teams missed some chances in the first half with the woodwork getting a fair workout. Stockton had a strong second half and thoroughly deserved their 3 points.
Both teams in 1st grade guilty of a miss of the century, I was guilty for Stockton's, hanging up the boots after that one

GuzmanGomez
04-07-2015, 11:54 PM
What was the Charlie v W bay result

Third grade Charlie beat bay 1-0

Wilso8948
05-07-2015, 12:17 AM
On a side note if like to congratulate the referee at today's stocko v jeso. Not often these guys get a wrap and the bloke in the middle for firsts was excellent. From a spectator perspective he managed to pick up all little niggly fouls but still let the game flow. Was fair and didn't have an interest in making the game about themselves.
Kudos big man

a-gunners
05-07-2015, 12:25 AM
Charlie v Warnersbay
3rds 1-0
Res 3-0
1st 0-0
1st grade felt we(Charlestown) deserved the 3pts today had numerous 1on1s and camped in the Warnersbay half for good periods of the game. But that's football u need to take ur chances and today we didn't. We do it all again on Tuesday at Warnersbay and if we don't get the 3pts we are going to find it difficult to make the 4 and the way we have been playing i feel we deserve to be there. Interesting couple of weeks to come

Chef
05-07-2015, 04:19 AM
Yar it's nice to get a good referee
Much respect big man

Buddha
05-07-2015, 09:28 AM
On a side note if like to congratulate the referee at today's stocko v jeso. Not often these guys get a wrap and the bloke in the middle for firsts was excellent. From a spectator perspective he managed to pick up all little niggly fouls but still let the game flow. Was fair and didn't have an interest in making the game about themselves.
Kudos big man
Chuck Liddell dead ringer

Happy Tiger
05-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Kotara v Westlakes
3rd 2-0
res 5-2
1st 3-1

GB285
05-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Morisset v Nelson Bay
3rd 1 - 1
Ressies 5 - 1
1st. 4 - 1

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
06-07-2015, 11:02 AM
Kotara sitting at the top of the table on sporting pulse after 12 games with a negative goal difference!!!!

jaypee
06-07-2015, 11:13 AM
Kotara sitting at the top of the table on sporting pulse after 12 games with a negative goal difference!!!!

Motowns game yesterday not added yet - and they have games in hand.....

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
06-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Motowns game yesterday not added yet - and they have games in hand.....

You are missing the point.

jaypee
06-07-2015, 11:38 AM
You are missing the point.

No I got it..... Just being a smart arse

PC14
06-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Anybody from Westlakes heard anything RE a catch up for the 3rd grade game against Beresfield when the bloke broke his leg?
Any chance it will be replayed or will the association call it a draw?

ICEBERG10
06-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Anybody from Westlakes heard anything RE a catch up for the 3rd grade game against Beresfield when the bloke broke his leg?
Any chance it will be replayed or will the association call it a draw?

Received an email today from Beresfield FC and our third grade coach is going to contact their coach and organise a time to replay the match.

KSSFC
07-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Any catch up games this week? If so when and where.

The Spy
07-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Warners Bay v Charlie tonight, Res and First. Thirds on Thursday night.

@ Warners Bay Stadium. Entry $25, parking $10. Let me know how many tickets :thumbsup:

Zephyr
07-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Jesmond vs Morissett @ Heaton Park. Tonight reserves and thirds. Firsts on Thursday night.

Potters
07-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Jesmond vs Morisset
3rds 2-0
Ressies 1-3

NewyTy
08-07-2015, 12:16 AM
Got sent results from Warners Bay v Charlestown

1sts: Charlestown 1-0
Res: Draw 1-1

Keeps Charlestown in the hunt for the top four. Big game for Warners Bay on the weekend against Jesmond as well.

Potters
10-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Jesmond vs Morisset
0-1 last minute winner

Wilso8948
10-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Surely make Motown favs for minor premiers now? Especially with a game against westlakes this weekend (Sorry boys)

ICEBERG10
10-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Surely make Motown favs for minor premiers now? Especially with a game against westlakes this weekend (Sorry boys)

:0 oh ye of little faith! We are playing for the shields this weekend so Westlakes are gonna give it a red hot go. However I agree with you that Morisset will clinch the minor premiership despite some excellent football being played Kotara South.

Wilso8948
10-07-2015, 10:51 AM
:0 oh ye of little faith! We are playing for the shields this weekend so Westlakes are gonna give it a red hot go. However I agree with you that Morisset will clinch the minor premiership despite some excellent football being played Kotara South.

Kotara are very hot and cold for mine. Had some excellent results and then some absolute smashings. Which is reflected in their negative goal difference yet sitting second...

ICEBERG10
10-07-2015, 11:36 AM
Kotara are very hot and cold for mine. Had some excellent results and then some absolute smashings. Which is reflected in their negative goal difference yet sitting second...

I can agree with that but they are hitting form at the right time. Their problem is conceding too many goals but having played them twice last week I've seen first hand how dominant their midfield is equal to Morrisset IMO and they can grind it out ( we were 1-0 up on the weekend before they got over us in the second half)

RAM
10-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Who's playing for Morisset these days? I was a Morisset junior, but haven't been involved with the Club for over 15 years.

beaten favourite
10-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Wilso, Second Leg of the Harbourside Derby tomorrow. CHUFC holding a 2-0 advantage, are we playing AWAY goals mate? And are we getting locals prices at the Washy afterwards?????

Wilso8948
10-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Wilso, Second Leg of the Harbourside Derby tomorrow. CHUFC holding a 2-0 advantage, are we playing AWAY goals mate? And are we getting locals prices at the Washy afterwards?????

Yep spewing I'm missing this one! Will be a good contest to watch. Not sure about local prices at the washy but I know there's an esky around somewhere at the ground. Just have to find it now that we hid it in the saltbushes..

beaten favourite
10-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Yep spewing I'm missing this one! Will be a good contest to watch. Not sure about local prices at the washy but I know there's an esky around somewhere at the ground. Just have to find it now that we hid it in the saltbushes..

Good man, a few of us are riding pushies and getting the ferry over, I've been given the green light by the Mrs so will definitely be sampling a few!!!!!

ICEBERG10
10-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Is the bloke in first grade who blew his hammy against Westlakes back playing again? He was all class and cookers missed him in the second half of our match.

beaten favourite
10-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Is the bloke in first grade who blew his hammy against Westlakes back playing again? He was all class and cookers missed him in the second half of our match.

Mate Cookie is held together with duct tape, he tweaked his back mucking around in the warm up and then his hammy went after 30min he'll probably be out for another 2-3. He's a class act we certainly miss him.

Wilso8948
10-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Good man, a few of us are riding pushies and getting the ferry over, I've been given the green light by the Mrs so will definitely be sampling a few!!!!!

Pushy pub crawl!

beaten favourite
10-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Yeah hopefully I can get the boys to only do it on the way home!!! Doesn't help that we'll have to ride past all the pubs on the way to the ground...... Put a few good sorts out the front of each and you could be looking at a 9 point day!!!!

Wilso8948
10-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Yeah hopefully I can get the boys to only do it on the way home!!! Doesn't help that we'll have to ride past all the pubs on the way to the ground...... Put a few good sorts out the front of each and you could be looking at a 9 point day!!!!

More pubs then good sorts in stocko champ

beaten favourite
10-07-2015, 03:19 PM
More pubs then good sorts in stocko champ

Brilliant. See you tomorrow

Macca
10-07-2015, 06:37 PM
They've definitely had some conflicting results. Just going off what we've seen in our games I would put them top 3 if not top 2 teams we've played. Will be interesting how the ladder unfolds over the second half of the season.

ICEBERG10
10-07-2015, 07:06 PM

Why aren't you playing Wilso??

Wilso8948
10-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Why aren't you playing Wilso??
Had a small fracture in my foot. Been missing the past few weeks and will probably miss a couple more. Hard watching but the boys are doing a great job and it's not something I want to rush back from.

ICEBERG10
11-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Had a small fracture in my foot. Been missing the past few weeks and will probably miss a couple more. Hard watching but the boys are doing a great job and it's not something I want to rush back from.

Well that's not good but probably the safest course of action. I'm told by my boys that you caused them quite a bit of grief when they played you at stocko. Hopefully your fit for the second leg at Westlakes.

Wilso8948
11-07-2015, 08:48 AM
Well that's not good but probably the safest course of action. I'm told by my boys that you caused them quite a bit of grief when they played you at stocko. Hopefully your fit for the second leg at Westlakes.
Thanks mate. Not sure about grief though. You'd have to be struggling a fair bit for me to cause you problems..
Looking forward to the final round. It's really a home game for me these days. I don't think the final 4 will be decided until that round either.

Wilso8948
11-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Cookers v stocko

3rds 1-0 cookers
Res 2-1 stocko
Firsts 1-1

Decent results all pretty deserving in my opinion. Stocko had better intensity in firsts but couldn't finish off and cookers worked hard for the equaliser. Draw a fair result

PC14
11-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Beresfield Vs Kotara South

3rds 0-2
Res 1-1
Firsts 3-1

Potters
11-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Westlakes vs Morisset
3rds 0-3
Ressies 0-3
1sts 1-4 last 25 with 10 men

Drunken ranger
11-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Beresfield Vs Kotara South

3rds 0-2
Res 1-1
Firsts 3-1

Bero got up ??? Good result for them

namwob99
11-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Bero got up ??? Good result for them
Nothing less than what we've deserved after the last couple of weeks. Effort has been good and just haven't been able to grind out a win.
From 1-0 down was a top effort.

rolo
11-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Most important result of the day...Stocko knocked over cooks hill in the boat race at the washtub afterwards. Dominant display !

In all seriousness tho. Thanks to the cookers boys and coming back and supporting our sponsor after the games. A good day at shark park in all grades. Always a pleasure hosting the black and white stripes!

Cabaye#4
12-07-2015, 12:23 AM
Charlie v NBay
3rds: 4-0
Res: 2-2
1sts: 2-0

Buddha
12-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Nothing less than what we've deserved after the last couple of weeks. Effort has been good and just haven't been able to grind out a win.

Never thought I'd see the day that Bero would be doing us favours ;)

Wilso8948
12-07-2015, 11:12 AM

Doesn't suprise me one bit. I'm sure Bero will get plenty more results before seasons end. Far too good to be sitting where they are.

Cabaye#4
12-07-2015, 05:22 PM
WBay v Jeso
3rds: 5-0
Res: 3-2
Currently 1-1 in 1sts, game stopped for the second ambulance of the game to arrive after one came & went in the first half for a Jeso player. WBay midfielder down now.

Drunken ranger
12-07-2015, 05:44 PM
WBay v Jeso
3rds: 5-0
Res: 3-2
Currently 1-1 in 1sts, game stopped for the second ambulance of the game to arrive after one came & went in the first half for a Jeso player. WBay midfielder down now.

Do you know who the jeso player was ??

Retro Jet
12-07-2015, 08:48 PM

So, what did we win? Did Stocko have to stump up for the boat races??

Wilso8948
12-07-2015, 09:33 PM
So, what did we win? Did Stocko have to stump up for the boat races??

Don't win anything in July mate.
Although I've seen footage of your boys boat race effort. Atrocious! Lost by a whole leg!

boz-monaut
12-07-2015, 09:41 PM
this is what happens when you take the beer off the club logo

Retro Jet
12-07-2015, 10:58 PM
Although I've seen footage of your boys boat race effort. Atrocious! Lost by a whole leg!

Was referring to the Harbourside Derby only.

this is what happens when you take the beer off the club logo

I didn't vote for it....and I don't even drink the stuff!

Wilso8948
13-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Was referring to the Harbourside Derby only.

I didn't vote for it....and I don't even drink the stuff!

I know and as I said you don't win anything in July..

WWMTD?
13-07-2015, 10:40 AM

Yep, we were chewing them down, was a convincing loss in the boat race!

WWMTD?
13-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Most important result of the day...Stocko knocked over cooks hill in the boat race at the washtub afterwards. Dominant display !

In all seriousness tho. Thanks to the cookers boys and coming back and supporting our sponsor after the games. A good day at shark park in all grades. Always a pleasure hosting the black and white stripes!

Was a good day out there, wind kept away, good contested games in all grades.

We had the tour de stocko running, 15 bikes, 3 pubs and plenty of kent old brown consumed!

The Spy
13-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Do you know who the jeso player was ??

Big bearded fella, plays predominantly right hand side.

beaten favourite
13-07-2015, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the hospitality boys, was a most enjoyable day....... Jeez the Boaties was new experience!!! Sorry about the meat trays

Wilso8948
13-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Was a good day out there, wind kept away, good contested games in all grades.

We had the tour de stocko running, 15 bikes, 3 pubs and plenty of kent old brown consumed!

I must say you boys almost needed your own car park at one stage. It was like rocking up to the bike rack at school all over again! quality.

rolo
13-07-2015, 03:10 PM
The Sharks raffle was another story. Cookers definitely won that battle. Taking I think 5 prizes with them? How did the fruit tray carrying go on the bikes back? Surely they didn't make it up far from the ferry

beaten favourite
13-07-2015, 03:45 PM
The Sharks raffle was another story. Cookers definitely won that battle. Taking I think 5 prizes with them? How did the fruit tray carrying go on the bikes back? Surely they didn't make it up far from the ferry
I was telling the boys to leave them in the harbour..... You don't make friends with SALAD. Watching Cody try and balance 2 meat trays and a fruit tray was priceless though!!!!

Chef
14-07-2015, 02:10 AM
The race for the semis is heating up
And the race for the spoon is clearer.
I'm backing my tips from earlier on in the season
Let's get in on. Good luck everyone
Morriset
Cooks hill
Charlestown
Stockton

Wilso8948
14-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Any catch up games been planned? Was cookers supposed to play Bero soon?

namwob99
14-07-2015, 09:56 AM
Any catch up games been planned? Was cookers supposed to play Bero soon?
Hopefully next week. We play Westlakes tonight in 3rds.

ICEBERG10
14-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Hopefully next week. We play Westlakes tonight in 3rds.

Bring your winter clothing, gets beyond freezing if there is a breeze coming off the lake at our ground!

namwob99
14-07-2015, 10:22 AM
Bring your winter clothing, gets beyond freezing if there is a breeze coming off the lake at our ground!
Lol will do. Thanks for the heads up.

The Spy
14-07-2015, 11:08 AM
The race for the semis is heating up
And the race for the spoon is clearer.
I'm backing my tips from earlier on in the season
Let's get in on. Good luck everyone
Morriset
Cooks hill
Charlestown
Stockton

Big call there, the only certainty being Morry. Teams 2 - 7 can all make it so there's certainly some big games coming up.

Kotara (2nd) run home - Stocko h, Jesmond a, CH h, WB h, Morry a

Cookers (3rd) - Jesmond h, WB a, Kotara a, Morry h, Charly a, and I think a Bero catch-up?

Warners Bay (4th) - Nelson Bay a, Cookers h, Westlakes a, Kotara a, Bero h

Charly (5th) - Westlakes h, Bero a, Stocko h, Jesmond a, Cookers h

Stocko (6th) - Kotara a, Morry h, Charly a, Nelson Bay h, Westlakes a

Jesmond (7th) - Cookers a, Kotara h, Morry a, Charly h, Nelson Bay a

No-one has an easy run home that's for sure....

ICEBERG10
14-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Westlakes vs Bero 3rd grade
1-1

namwob99
14-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Westlakes vs Bero 3rd grade
1-1
Can confirm it was cold. Westlakes handy side, we were lucky to escape with a draw.

ICEBERG10
14-07-2015, 10:36 PM
Can confirm it was cold. Westlakes handy side, we were lucky to escape with a draw.

It was freezing especially the breeze. Watching from first grade training on the top field the game looked very competitive with both teams dominating at different times. Our boys were stoked with a point in the shed.

front2
18-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Cooks Hill v Jesmond
1st 2-2
Res 1-0
3rds 3-2

defence@allcost
18-07-2015, 10:27 PM
Wbay 4 Nelson bay 3. Nelson bay unlucky not to win. I can't why wbay are in top 4 . They will struggle making semis after today's effort.

Cabaye#4
18-07-2015, 10:55 PM
Charlie v Westlakes.
1st 5-0
Res 4-2
3rd 4-3

C'mon man
18-07-2015, 11:26 PM
What were the other grade scores Wbay v NBay

Macca
18-07-2015, 11:28 PM
Disappointing second half from us and a couple of cracking goals from Charlie blew the score out a bit. Was a shame after a pretty tight and competitive first half where we gave as good as we got. Our ressies boys blew a 2-0 lead. 3rds was the pick of the games, charly 3-0 up with Westlakes bringing it back to 3-3 with a few quick goals only to concede again later after their second wind had gone. Nice little facility at Charlestown, shame about the cricket pitch in the middle but not much to be done about that.

The Spy
19-07-2015, 09:47 AM
What were the other grade scores Wbay v NBay

Reserves WB won 1-0
Thirds WB won, can't remember the score. Too many beers on the bus trip home.

Titan
19-07-2015, 02:31 PM
WB 1st - won 4-3
WB res - won 1-0
WB 3rd - won 3-2
horribly wet conditions with regular torrential rain but the 3 games played in good spirits. Good ground nelson bay have.
We need to keep plugging away as a club to make finals.

hawk
19-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Kot v stocko
1st 1-4 ft

Wilso8948
19-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Stocko v kotara
3rds 0-1
Res 3-4
Firsts 3-0 with ambo on the way. 18 mins to go

Bubbles7
19-07-2015, 06:12 PM
Morrisset vs Beresfield
First 2-2
Res 2-0
Turds 4-2

All 3 games pretty close and plenty of chances in all games on a bumpy thugby league paddock

The Spy
19-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Stocko v kotara
3rds 0-1
Res 3-4
Firsts 3-0 with ambo on the way. 18 mins to go

You on a hat-trick Wilso?

Wilso8948
19-07-2015, 07:09 PM
You on a hat-trick Wilso?
I haven't been on a hat trick for 25 years bud

19-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Wbay 4 Nelson bay 3. Nelson bay unlucky not to win. I can't why wbay are in top 4 . They will struggle making semis after today's effort.

Looking at WB results all year they seem to drop (or rise) to the standards of the opposition and more often than not do just enough to get the result. Look like they are sitting pretty to me and from what hear haven't played their same side 2 wks running all year thru injuries. I hope ur right tho mate

Wilso8948
19-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Stocko v kotara ended up 4-1. No real closer to working out who will finish where. Very tight

C'mon man
19-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Yeah well at kotara we look ok in the lower grades but in 1st grade we need to pull our finger out - has been a frustrating season .... Hopefully we get a few boys back next week in a must win vs Jesmond

hawk
19-07-2015, 08:46 PM
Stocko v kotara ended up 4-1. No real closer to working out who will finish where. Very tight

so the match got going after the injury? need lights?

Buddha
19-07-2015, 08:58 PM
so the match got going after the injury? need lights?

Yeah was a gee up that it got played after player left the field, both teams happy to call the match at 3-0, but no the referee felt the need to play the rest of the match. Oh well, move on

rolo
20-07-2015, 03:51 AM
For the kotara people that wanted me to let them know how our injured player was traveling.
He was discharged from hospital last night and cleared of any major damage. X-rays showed no evidence of spinal damage thank God. Just a concussion and will have a sore head for a few days I feel.
Not gunna lie it was pretty friggin scary seeing one of your mates put on a spinal board and in a neck brace but luckily he's a tough prick and pulled through.
I hope the kotara right winger has had a good think about his words and feels bad for telling our player 'to get the **** up you pussy' and thne continuing go call him names even when everyone else on the field obviously knew the matter was serious. Real good sport that bloke was.
On the other hand thanks to the kotara playerd and officials who showed genuine worry and support for our player with blankets and helping get the ambo on the field ASAP. Showed some class kotara. Except for one.

Have to wonder at what point the ref does think about the rest of the players welfare after a 45 minutes delay and cool down. How there wasn't any injuries I don't know. Just seems stupid when both captains and coaches agree to call the match at 3-0.

Thanks again kotara. How about that opener in reserve grade though!

C'mon man
20-07-2015, 09:46 AM
The Kotara v Stockton ressies game was an absolute belter
3 red cards, 3 or 4 lead changes, good goals and "yes your goal was decent", late winner
i usually play ressies but played first grade yesterday and was wishing i was involved in that one.
credit to our boys - i think we had gk and whole back line are regular 3rd graders and 2 midfielders that are regular 3rd graders as well so great depth shown
shame we couldnt relay that into first grade

Glad to hear your player is ok - and apologies for the remarks from our player, thats not acceptable

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
20-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Cheers to Cooks Hill Saturday. Easily the best bunch we've played against this year. There were a few running battles on the pitch but nothing overboard. Very very dangerous side going forward with their strikers forming a quality partnership.
Very proud of our mob too. We had approx 24 players for 3 grades and many doubled up and thanks too to the all age guys who helped out. No winge as happen to most clubs at some point but we're just happy we could remain competitive in all grades.
Morisset and Cooks Hill would be well worth watching if both turn it on.

Happy Tiger
20-07-2015, 11:52 PM
Not bad for a cross. I'm just glad you didn't get your hat-trick.

rolo
21-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Stop it! No chance I was crossing that with the way that big witches hat in goals keeps. He doesn't even know where his goal line is let alone stand on it!

Happy Tiger
21-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Stop it! No chance I was crossing that with the way that big witches hat in goals keeps. He doesn't even know where his goal line is let alone stand on it!
Nice :) I hear he is very happy with the 3 points.

hawk
21-07-2015, 08:33 PM
For the kotara people that wanted me to let them know how our injured player was traveling.
He was discharged from hospital last night and cleared of any major damage. X-rays showed no evidence of spinal damage thank God. Just a concussion and will have a sore head for a few days I feel.
Not gunna lie it was pretty friggin scary seeing one of your mates put on a spinal board and in a neck brace but luckily he's a tough prick and pulled through.
I hope the kotara right winger has had a good think about his words and feels bad for telling our player 'to get the **** up you pussy' and thne continuing go call him names even when everyone else on the field obviously knew the matter was serious. Real good sport that bloke was.
On the other hand thanks to the kotara playerd and officials who showed genuine worry and support for our player with blankets and helping get the ambo on the field ASAP. Showed some class kotara. Except for one.

Have to wonder at what point the ref does think about the rest of the players welfare after a 45 minutes delay and cool down. How there wasn't any injuries I don't know. Just seems stupid when both captains and coaches agree to call the match at 3-0.

Stocko crowd didnt mind rubbing in the talk. You and and morri crowd would be a great match. currently 1st and 4th

Buddha
21-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Stocko crowd didnt mind rubbing in the talk. You and and morri crowd would be a great match. currently 1st and 4th

The Panda loves to rev the boys up and get underneath the skin of the opposition hawk, tbh I expected a bit of banter from you!

hawk
22-07-2015, 09:57 PM
The Panda loves to rev the boys up and get underneath the skin of the opposition hawk, tbh I expected a bit of banter from you!

lol, i love that stuff, adds to the drama on the pitch.

namwob99
22-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Beresfield Vs Cooks Hill

Firsts 1-1

Tight game, not many chances. We scored 10 mins into second half only for cookers to equalise 5 mins later. We continue our run of being the draw kings. Reggies and Turds play tomorrow night.

Wilso8948
23-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Beresfield Vs Cooks Hill

Firsts 1-1

Tight game, not many chances. We scored 10 mins into second half only for cookers to equalise 5 mins later. We continue our run of being the draw kings. Reggies and Turds play tomorrow night.

Bero once again showing they are far too classy to be that low on the table. I for one am happy we dont meet again this year. Will surely cause some upsets leading into the finals.

namwob99
23-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Beresfield Vs Cooks Hill
Turds 0-2
Reggies 3-4

ICEBERG10
24-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Big match ups this week for first grade.

Nelson bay and Westlakes to battle it out to avoid the dreaded wooden spoon.

Cookers and Warners Bay see who stays in top 2.

Kotara Sourh and Jeso looking to stay in touch with the top 4.

Stocko to throw a spanner in the works for morisset and their minor premiership ambitions?

Bero to continue their good run of form against Charlestown?

Any predictions people?

The Spy
24-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Big match ups this week for first grade.

Nelson bay and Westlakes to battle it out to avoid the dreaded wooden spoon.

Cookers and Warners Bay see who stays in top 2.

Kotara Sourh and Jeso looking to stay in touch with the top 4.

Stocko to throw a spanner in the works for morisset and their minor premiership ambitions?

Bero to continue their good run of form against Charlestown?

Any predictions people?

Sure is a massive round.

I'm going to say Westlakes to get up in a thriller, BUT, they still finish last.

Jesmond to continue Kotara's poor run of late, and Bero to shock Charlestown as Tarro is a tough place to get points. Upset of the round, will be Stockton beating Morry and Warners Bay to blow a 2 goal lead and go behind by 2 and then win by 2 just to be consistent with their recent matches.

namwob99
24-07-2015, 10:32 PM
The draw would be paying $1.01 at Tarro tomorrow.