PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Zone League 2 thread

Pages : [1] 2

boz-monaut
10-01-2015, 01:30 PM
discussion here

sharky21
12-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Hello ZL2 it's good to be back. How do we think the competition will be this year, I didn't follow this comp that closely last year but I do believe the 3 teams coming up will adjust to this level and not just be here to fill numbers. In saying that I won't be predicting top 4 or anything as from previous efforts iv been left severely red faced figure Il save myself the trouble.

RANGER09
12-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Welcome Sharky, good to see you guys back up along with Kurri and Simba. Always hard to pick top 4 until start of the season, should be a good year for all the clubs. Plattsy should be up and running at their new ground so will be looking forward to that one.

Buddha
12-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Welcome Sharky, good to see you guys back up along with Kurri and Simba. Always hard to pick top 4 until start of the season, should be a good year for all the clubs. Plattsy should be up and running at their new ground so will be looking forward to that one.

Is the Newcastle footballing legend The Pumpkin returning for another season?

RANGER09
13-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Is the Newcastle footballing legend The Pumpkin returning for another season?

I'm sure the Pumpkin will make an appearance for the Rangers once again :chant:

el gringo
14-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Raymond Terrace making a few signings I hear. Calling it early that they will be the ones to beat. Simba will be strong as well. Lets hope Kurri turn up to their matches once they are mathematically out of semis contention this time...

the_butcher
14-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Raymond Terrace making a few signings I hear. Calling it early that they will be the ones to beat. Simba will be strong as well. Lets hope Kurri turn up to their matches once they are mathematically out of semis contention this time...

The Dreaded Keeper & Clint coming back to the terrace? Is it official? 2 of the best players in the league right there.

Newy
14-01-2015, 04:55 PM
the dreaded Keeper is Crap.

RANGER09
14-01-2015, 05:55 PM
The Dreaded Keeper & Clint coming back to the terrace? Is it official? 2 of the best players in the league right there.

Did you make any contacts with the Palestine team? Maybe we could sign a few of them as well :)

the_butcher
14-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Sorry mate I tried but they said Raymond Terrace was more dangerous than back home haha

RANGER09
14-01-2015, 07:10 PM
I think it was a communication breakdown and they meant to say Wondrous ��

salmon
14-01-2015, 11:09 PM

Dreaded Keeper looking for a midfield gig again? if so may need some extra sessions to work off all those christmas Vodkas :grin:

The Dreaded Keeper
18-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Dreaded Keeper looking for a midfield gig again? if so may need some extra sessions to work off all those christmas Vodkas :grin:

The voddies aren't the issue Salmon, it's the kilo of bacon, eggs and chorizo I have for brekky most days!!!

thephenom
23-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Some big wins over the wknd in the FFA cup... This division looks as though it will be very competitive again!

Metal_footballer22
24-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Yeah should be good! Can't wait. Apparently Olympic are very good this year new coach new players they did Kotara 4-1 in 1st grade the other week not so good in ressies but

Drunken ranger
13-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Just left the tav long enough to get to training last night I must say terrace will be looking to consolidate and build froward this year long road ahead at the terrace with massive changes I think anything near the 4 and terrace will be happy

Jnr Animal
15-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Merewether vs jesmond (ZL3)

Res. 0-1 (called off after halftime because of lightning)
1st. 3-1

Merewether reserve grade had the better of the half, with more chances just needed better quality finishes. Jesmond's goal was well taken on the counter.
Merewether 1st grade was clearly the stronger team right across the park. 3 well taken goals and unlucky not to have more. Jesmond's goal was from a lucky tap in after a corner came off the front post and fellow favourable for them.

Would like to thank jesmond for both games, which were played in good spirits.

We are coming only nicely in pre season and are looking for a much more competive season this year from both grades!

Jnr Animal
23-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Merewether is after a reserve grade keeper as our original keeper has decided not to play this year. Obviously if any keeper is keen and wants to push for 1st grade keeper, we're happy for health competition for positions! Any interested players or knowledge of any keepers the please inbox me. Cheers

Jnr Animal
29-03-2015, 04:42 PM
How is every team's pre seasons been going? Looking forward to this season, it should be pretty competitive right across ZL2

silenceofthelahm
29-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Olympic v Warners Bay (ZPL)
1st gd
3-2

Res
3-1

The Spy
30-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Olympic v Warners Bay (ZPL)
1st gd
3-2

Res
3-1

Thanks for the hit out boys and good luck for the season. I reckon you'll give it a good shake this year.

silenceofthelahm
30-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the hit out boys and good luck for the season. I reckon you'll give it a good shake this year.

I can very easily see them going through undefeated this season.

roundballsarebetter
30-03-2015, 08:27 PM

Whos that?, olympic

leftrightout
30-03-2015, 08:36 PM
Warners Bay aren't ZPL by the way, they are ZL1 but still a bloody good effort by what sounds like a team who are going give it a fair shot this year

namwob99
30-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Terrace still in this comp.

Drunken ranger
30-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Terrace still in this comp.
If terrace make the 4 it's a miracle

dingdong
01-04-2015, 10:56 AM
If terrace make the 4 it's a miracle

What happened to the tertace? U guys were easily the best team in the comp last year And had some quality playere. I was surprised u guys didnt go up to be honest.

sharky21
01-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Tenambit V Jesmond ZL1

Res 1-0 tenambit

First 2-1 Jesmond

Not sure of the make up of the Jesmond squad in both grades.

First grade seemed like a good game but I wasn't really paying to much attention.

Drunken ranger
01-04-2015, 01:31 PM
What happened to the tertace? U guys were easily the best team in the comp last year And had some quality playere. I was surprised u guys didnt go up to be honest.

Lost a few players thru various reasons pick a lot of young fellas for reverse grade so make the 4 in either grade we will be happy struggling year ahead for us

Ranger-86
07-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Finally its game week.Anyone wanna have a stab at the table for the end of the year for 1st grade. Heres mine for a laugh.

1. Hamilton Olympic
2.Hunter Simba
3. Maryland Fletcher
4. Terrace
5. Uni
6. Merewether
7.Kurri
8.Tenambit
9.Muswellbrook
10.Medowie

Just my opinion based on last year and some preseason results this year.

Drunken ranger
07-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Finally its game week.Anyone wanna have a stab at the table for the end of the year for 1st grade. Heres mine for a laugh.

1. Hamilton Olympic
2.Hunter Simba
3. Maryland Fletcher
4. Terrace
5. Uni
6. Merewether
7.Kurri
8.Tenambit
9.Muswellbrook
10.Medowie

Just my opinion based on last year and some preseason results this year.
Merewether for the 4 us to miss

Jnr Animal
08-04-2015, 07:49 AM
1. Hamilton Olympic
2. Hunter Simba
3. Raymond Terrace
4. Merewether
5. Uni
6. Muswellbrook
7. Maryland Fletcher
8. Kurri
9. Tenambit
10. Medowie

This should be a very tight comp this year but Olympic definitely are the team to beat!

onlooker
10-04-2015, 06:45 AM
With little knowledge about all and going of last season and some chatter here is my uneducated guess.

Hamilton
Terrace
Simba
Maryland
Uni
Muswellbrook
Tenambit
Kurri
Medowie
Merewethwer

XRanger
11-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Olympic
Uni
Simba
Terrace
Kurri
Merewether
Maryland
Tenambit
Muswellbrook
Medowie

The roosta
11-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Kurri v simba
Ressies
Kurri 0 - simba 1
Firsts
Kurri 2 - simba 2

Charman
11-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Kurri v simba
Ressies
Kurri 0 - simba 1
Firsts
Kurri 2 - simba 2

Looks like both you guys will compete well in your promoted grade. Have you recruited well Roosta?

dingdong
11-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Merewether Advance vs Olympic
ressies 2-2
1st grade 0-7

XRanger
11-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Terrace vs Maryland
ressies 3-0 terrace
1sts 6-1 terrace

Good start for the terrace boys, a bit too strong at home.
5 goals to inform striker Kevin pebbles Roberts for 1sts

BP Super Dynamos
12-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Tenambit v Uni @ Beryl Humble
Reggies finished 3-2 to Uni in a very tight, see sawing battle. First grade was a very different story. The match ended up 4-1 to Uni but could've been as many as 7 had it not been for some woeful finishing

onlooker
12-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Tenambit v Uni @ Beryl Humble
Reggies finished 3-2 to Uni in a very tight, see sawing battle. First grade was a very different story. The match ended up 4-1 to Uni but could've been as many as 7 had it not been for some woeful finishing
I ventured out to see this game. And wow some of those misses, it seemed harder to miss then score. To blast it over from the 6 yard box with little pressure I'm sure both players who achieved this were looking for a place to hide.

But lucky for them it didn't matter as tenambit never threatened to make them pay for these mistakes. An early injury to a tenambit defender who seemed to be the leader of the defence didn't help there cause. But the midfield was just out muscled out manoeuvred by a better uni team.
I don't usually say this but the res grade game was a better game to watch two teams having a real go at the game and the late contentious goal for the winner what more could u want.

MonkeyKplunk
13-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Results for Round 1
So many goals for first round!

Firsts
Merewether 0 - 7 Hamo
Terrace 6 - 1 Maryland
Muswellbrook 4 - 0 Medowie
Tenambit 1 - 4 Uni
Kurri 2 - 2 Simba

Ressies
Merewether 2 - 2 Hamo
Terrace 3 - 0 Maryland
Muswellbrook 4 - 4 Medowie
Tenambit 2 - 3 Uni
Kurri 0 - 1 Simba

Drunken ranger
13-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Results for Round 1
So many goals for first round!

Firsts
Merewether 0 - 7 Hamo
Terrace 6 - 1 Maryland
Muswellbrook 4 - 0 Medowie
Tenambit 1 - 4 Uni
Kurri 2 - 2 Simba

Ressies
Merewether 2 - 2 Hamo
Terrace 3 - 0 Maryland
Muswellbrook 4 - 4 Medowie
Tenambit 2 - 3 Uni
Kurri 0 - 1 Simba
Anyone got a match report from the mussy v Medowie game ??

Drunken ranger
13-04-2015, 01:21 PM
And also the merewether v hamo game

dingdong
13-04-2015, 01:48 PM
And also the merewether v hamo game

Good day for olympic with the boys pushing the ball around very nicely. The most pleasing thing was the boys didnt let off and played hard for 90, something we dont usually do. The wethers played hard but i think they had some boys out coz a couple backed up. All in all good times but still early days :)

MonkeyKplunk
13-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Anyone got a match report from the mussy v Medowie game ??

Ressies was hard fought, but a great game between the two. Medowie got the early goal, then we went goal for goal for the rest of the match. Could have been a bigger score for both teams, save for some poor finishing. Goals for Mussy were to Jayden Galvin 2, and Doug Thompson 2 (including a screamer from 20 yards). Not sure about the Medowie scorers.

Firsts was off to a slow start for both teams, with Mussy missing a few early chances. Eventually the home team got the better of Medowie and ran away with the win. Goals for Mussy Jaye Johns with the opener, and Josh Adams with a triple.

MonkeyKplunk
13-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Felt a bit for the Medowie guys.
At the start of Ressies they only had 11 guys total. Picked up a few more who turned up late just before firsts kicked off, but most of the team played both grades.

Drunken ranger
13-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Felt a bit for the Medowie guys.
At the start of Ressies they only had 11 guys total. Picked up a few more who turned up late just before firsts kicked off, but most of the team played both grades.
I see Medowie are up to old tricks again. Good start for the mussy boys and hamo to both take 3 points each in firsts

MonkeyKplunk
16-04-2015, 11:14 AM
So apparently Hamo are playing at "Islington Oval" according to the association.
Is that actually the Islington Park cricket oval along the strip there at Hamo?

onlooker
17-04-2015, 11:58 AM
Predictions for round 2

Uni V Kurri DRAW
Simba V Merewethwer Simba by alot
Medowie V Terrace Terrace by alot
Olympic V Muswellbrook Olympic by 2
Maryland V Tenambit DRAW either 1-1 or 6-6

XRanger
18-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Medowie vs Terrace
Res 10-0 terrace
Terrace way too strong with some classy finishing.
1sts 6-2 terrace
4-0 at half time and looking like it was gonna be a whitewash , but credit to medowie showing some heart and making it a hard game in the second half.

RANGER09
18-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Geez your as good add adding up as the referee, it was 13-0

XRanger
18-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Geez your as good add adding up as the referee, it was 13-0

Haha yep my bad, double figures anyway

Roosted
19-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Uni vs kurri - 6-2 uni
KURRI didn't play very well but still didn't see much in uni. Deplorable effort by Referees Assoc in appointment in linesmen. Led to frustration from both teams. Will be very interesting next round!

BP Super Dynamos
19-04-2015, 12:03 PM
What about reserve grade, Roosted?

Roosted
19-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Was 5-1 to uni mate, kurri had a send off about 20 into first half for dissent. Had a lot of possession before that. The fell asleep.

Drunken ranger
19-04-2015, 06:18 PM
Ventured out yesterday to watch Medowie v terrace Good game to watch although the score was 6-2 Medowie will cause a few teams some problems they had some good play also heard a rumour that Medowie only has 22 players registered to seniors the rest are duel registered is there a limit to how many duels teams are allowed ??

Jardelsimage
19-04-2015, 06:22 PM
you can have as many duel players as you like, you can only use 3-4 borrowed players to fill in each game.

Drunken ranger
19-04-2015, 06:23 PM
you can have as many duel players as you like, you can only use 3-4 borrowed players to fill in each game.
Knew about borrowed players just wasn't sure if they had a limit on duels. Talking to a few boys seems to be a little bit of disharmony amongst some players out there

Fridge
19-04-2015, 08:02 PM

4 borrowed player's can be used in lowest grade and only 3 multiple reg player's per grade.

onlooker
19-04-2015, 08:14 PM
Maryland fletcher Plattsburg fc ( honestly not sure of there actual name) V Tenambit
Res grade
MFPFC 3 tenambit 2

Same score for tenambit res grade but style of play wasn't as good as it could have been more errors creeping into the game then they would like which was costly.
Second goal for MFPFC was a peach saw keeper of his line and lob him nicely from well out side the 18 and on a pretty fancy angle to boot.

First grade 2-2
Tenambit got away to a early two goal lead through two goals to their captain then just before the half scored and own goal. MFPFC got an early goal in the second half and dominated play for the majority of the second half.
Not only did it finish level on the score board but it finished level on the red card count.
MFPFC player reportedly lashed out at the keeper then took acception to the tenambit defender sticking up for his keeper by shoving one bloke then grabbing another by the scruff of the neck. ( fair red) When doing so the first tenambit player came back and shoved him in retaliation and also was sent marching ( also fair red) more interesting then last week's first grade game I saw.

SparraBoy
19-04-2015, 08:45 PM
After the first two weeks weve seen some interesting stuff happening in the league. My impression is that there will be a three way race for the title between tenambit sharks, Medowie and Merewether and although they've had a rough start I have seen some promising signs as boys from all three teams have been playing some nice football at times and show potential to improve. My tip for the wooden spoon are the uni team, they have been lucky to win in both games and look uneasy along the back line. Well fellas its good to be back this season and I cant wait to see how it plays out

Wigberto-Carlos-420
19-04-2015, 08:53 PM
In regards to your predictions SparraBoy id say your spot on! Merewether look very strong this year and were unlucky not to come away with the points in the two opening games also their
for and against does not reflect the quality they posses or their potential. I also agree on your wooden spoon prediction, iv heard the uni team have a lot of "first timers" this year and struggle to keep to ball for long periods of the game. They will struggle against some of the tougher teams this season i.e Medowie and Merewether.

scrambled egg
19-04-2015, 10:00 PM
IN regards to comments made by SparraBoy and Wigberto-Carlos-420 i couldn't agree more. The uni team is looking odds-on for wooden spoon. The amount of new recruitments really doesn't allow for any team chemistry and they will struggle to put any number of passes together. I've heard on the grapevine that uni also struggle to finish when in on goal, but don't want to be spreading any wild rumours. Kurri were incredibly unlucky on the weekend but should bounce back from the loss with resounding victories in their next few fixtures. Good luck to all teams and most of all have fun . :-)

BP Super Dynamos
19-04-2015, 10:20 PM
I'm not sure on these tips for Uni running last. They gave Tenambit a towelling last week.

onlooker
19-04-2015, 10:49 PM
I'm not sure on these tips for Uni running last. They gave Tenambit a towelling last week.

And by all reports Kurri this week.

Spectator01
20-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Anyone got a match report on Hamo vs Mussy?

The roosta
20-04-2015, 08:30 AM
I can't see uni getting the spoon after our performance on the weekend we played terrible. We had some good passages of play and missed a few good opportunities early on. Uni could have also had a few more in the first half but as usual our keeper made some great saves and kept us in it hopefully this week we can lift our game.

dingdong
20-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Olympic vs mussy
6-1 res
3-0 1sts

Good game from olympic, we created plenty of chances and could of been more if not for the keeper who made some top saves.

Herb Kemplar (big daddy)
20-04-2015, 02:39 PM
I 100% agree with 'scrambled egg', 'SparraBoy' and 'Wigberto-Carlos-420' in relation with uni getting the ol' wooden spoon. After some of their absolutely atrocious efforts on goal against Tenambit and Kurri (especially number 10 who couldn't score in a brothel). I can't really see them exceeding my expectations of coming last! The midfield lacked skill and fitness and as I always say 'guys you need to get behind the ball isn't it'. My pick for the season is good old mussel rock who look the ducks nuts at the moment. Anywho German club no.1

XRanger
20-04-2015, 02:54 PM
10 Pts was good enough last year not to get the spoon, so you would have to imagine uni will be safe with 6 from 6 so far, I am willing to say the top 4 now will be the same at the end of the year in what ever order in firsts, and ressies won't be too far off either. Let's see how far I'm wrong lol

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
20-04-2015, 04:24 PM
SparraBoy aka Wigberto-Carlos-420 aka scrambled-egg aka Herb-Kemplar-(big-daddy) troll level Justin Bieber

silenceofthelahm
20-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Can someone from terrace or medowie explain to me how the rest team won 12-0?

Buddha
20-04-2015, 11:55 PM

Terrace are good, Medowie are rubbish

Drunken ranger
21-04-2015, 02:05 AM

Spoke to a few of the terrace players they just had a good day compiled on top of a bad day for Medowie. The players said that Medowie will cause some teams problems. they will bounce back

Ranger-86
22-04-2015, 08:39 AM
Bit of an update on the state of king park. There is non, i tried to stop by there on my way to work but the river has burst its banks and the Complex is an Island.

If anyone knows our new field they know the new drainage is comperable to the best in the area whilst looking from distance i can see there isnt any water pooling on the surface.

Wont know the state of the pitch until the river recededs and that may not be until tomorrow at the earliest.

11 herbs&spices
22-04-2015, 07:25 PM
All zone fixtures this wknd have been moved to spare ffa cup wknd,20,21 June,
Finally got phone/internet service and this
Was the info I received

XRanger
28-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Any teams looking at playing this weekend on their grounds? Just drove past Simbas ground and looks pretty soggy still , highly doubt our game will be played there on sat.

Thomas477
28-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Any teams looking at playing this weekend on their grounds? Just drove past Simbas ground and looks pretty soggy still , highly doubt our game will be played there on sat.

Simba is generally not the best drained pitch in Newy, if it rains between now and the w/e, I doubt it's on.

The roosta
28-04-2015, 10:54 PM
Went down and had a look at our field tonight and it's still very soft under foot and in one part still has a bit of water on the surface all grounds up our way are closed till Thursday id say it could be 50-50 but if we get any rain at all I'd dare say the council will keep them closed

XRanger
28-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Simba is generally not the best drained pitch in Newy, if it rains between now and the w/e, I doubt it's on.

Forecast not looking good either, supposed to be raining up until sat.

Drunken ranger
30-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Keen to see a game this weekend what's everyone's chances ???

outsider
30-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Keen to see a game this weekend what's everyone's chances ???

great if you have foxtel

Drunken ranger
01-05-2015, 10:21 AM
great if you have foxtel
I guess after this rain no ones a chance to get on this weekend

Ranger-86
01-05-2015, 10:23 AM
Looks like we will be playing simba at king park tomorrow, pending newcastle football approval

Drunken ranger
01-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Looks like we will be playing simba at king park tomorrow, pending newcastle football approval
Good news for the boys I'll be down to watch

leftrightout
01-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Good news for the boys I'll be down to watch

Tweet from newcastle council....

City of Newcastle @CityNewcastle ยท 53m 53 minutes ago
Sportsgrounds update - Due to weather, all Council sportsgrounds are closed up to and including Sunday 3 May 2015. http://ow.ly/MmsaV
2 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet2 Favorite
More

Another Ranger
01-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Last thing teams will need is another Wash out round to play catchup with. I'd say last thing on councils minds right now is the state of pitches and if they get churned up over the weekend it's another thing to add to the fix list.

Ranger-86
01-05-2015, 02:04 PM

This has been confirmed ,game will be on at king park tomorrow. Feel free to come down and have a look if you need your football fix, beers will be on ice and roast beef and gravy rolls will be red hot.

outsider
01-05-2015, 03:40 PM
This has been confirmed ,game will be on at king park tomorrow. Feel free to come down and have a look if you need your football fix, beers will be on ice and roast beef and gravy rolls will be red hot.

just hope that it is at low tide

michaelstipe
01-05-2015, 04:59 PM
any of the kurri boys on here and have a bit more of an idea whether the merewether game will be on tomorrow?
wet weather info site says kurri ground is open

The roosta
01-05-2015, 05:14 PM
So far it's still on we trained last night and was still pretty soft depending on the rain tonight will know for sure in the morning

RANGER09
01-05-2015, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=Another Ranger;120198]
Lol like!

Drunken ranger
02-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Heard thru the grapevine that terrace v simba is a go I guess I know where the tinnies will be cold today

sharky21
02-05-2015, 10:56 AM
Medowie V Tenambit is off

Another Ranger
02-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Great day to be a Ranger

Drunken ranger
02-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Terrace v simba
1st 2-2
Res 1-2

Robbery
09-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Tenambit vs merewether
Res: 0-1
1sts: 3-4

The roosta
09-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Mussy v kurri
Res
Mussy 2 - kurri 6
Firsts
Mussy 1 - kurri 3

Buddha
09-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Heard Olympic got done by Medowie

Ranger-86
09-05-2015, 10:51 PM
Terrace v uni
Res, 3.1 ... Uni
Dissapointing to get the early goal and give up a lead..... again.. Uni pushed the ball around well and deserved the win.

1sts 2.1 to terrace.
Can start by saying Uni have recruited extremely well and seemed like a class team. Pushed us all the way, we missed a few chances to kill the game off and uni put a free kick away in the last 2 minutes to make it interesting

Uni are a class outfit that should go deep this season.

Ranger-86
09-05-2015, 10:52 PM
Heard Olympic got done by Medowie

Lol wtf, bit late for april fools hahaha

Another Ranger
09-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Terrace V Uni

Res- 3-1 Uni

A Depleted squad due to Groovin the Moo/Injuries had Terrace Res grade with 1 Sub for the game. Boys tried hard going up 1 nil early. Uni fought back and were too good in the end taking the points.

1st- 2-1 Terrace.

Terrace came against a quality Uni side today and came out on top. Score line could have been more in favour to the terrace with a few chances not being taken.
Terrace had the better first half, Goals from a corner with a volley to our fullback who finds himself in the right place at right time with set pieces. 2nd goal from quality defence to middle with a through ball for our quick forward to run onto and put another one away just before half time.
2nd half was Uni's with a lot of determination to score, But Terrace's scrambled defence throughout the whole team helped shut them down. A late free kick that went through the wall stopped the well deserved clean sheet.

Uni will do well this year and surely be in the 4 at the end of the year.

dingdong
10-05-2015, 12:17 AM
Nah its not aprils fools olympic got done 2-1 by the medowie lads. it looked like they had about 6 or 7 blokes fresh in the warm up but they done us and full credit to them. Olympic were completely off going down 1-0 and missing a penalty to tie things up with 10 to go. A very questionable call from the linesman who wanted to get involved disallowed an equalizer wwith a couple to go but tough shit to us i guess. Well done medowie deserved the win.
Olympic ressies were on fire and won by 6 or 7. The boys were 4-0 early and played some nice football. Hopefully we can keep it up.

Robbery
13-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Kurri vs merewether catch up last night
Res 4-0
1sts 2-2

Drunken ranger
13-05-2015, 09:29 PM
Kurri vs merewether catch up last night
Res 4-0
1sts 2-2

Match reports

Another Ranger
15-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Anyone other then Rangers on here??
How are teams fairing so far this early in the year with Injuries or depleted squads?

BP Super Dynamos
15-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Tenambit Shark here. We're occasionally struggling with numbers due to work and injuries. Nothing new though. Even with a full squad available we probably lack a couple of quality players to compete/beat sides.

Drunken ranger
15-05-2015, 08:58 PM
SIMBA v Medowie
Kurri v TERRACE
advance v MUSSY
UNI v plattsy
OLYMPIC v tenanbit

teams will be looking for points to keep top 4 positions or to make up for lost ground early days but teams need to start taking points

Robbery
15-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Match reports

Reserves - kurri played better all over the park and scored 2 in each half.
Firsts - merewether up 1-0 at half time, kurri had the better of the second half and scored a couple of goals. Merewether scored off a 30 yarder with a few minutes left to snag a draw. Not sure how the ref didn't pull out a card or two during the game. Lost one player to a jaw fracture.

Got plenty of injuries going around already but nothing new as it happens every year at some stage.

Robbery
16-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Merewether vs muswellbrook today at a soggy jeso park.

Res 3-1, pretty scrappy game due to the conditions. Merewether got up early and ended the half scoring the third just before the whistle. Muswellbrook missed plenty of chances and several one on ones in the second half.
Firsts 2-2, very similar story as Tuesday getting up 1-0, conceding one each side of the half then scoring with 2 mins left for the draw.

Drunken ranger
16-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Kurri v terrace
1st 1-4
Res 2-2

BP Super Dynamos
16-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Hamilton Olympic v Tenambit @ Islington Park
Reggies 3-0
Not sure of 1st grade

dingdong
16-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Hamilton Olympic v Tenambit @ Islington Park
Reggies 3-0
Not sure of 1st grade

1st grade was 3-1 to olympic in very wet conditions.

Another Ranger
17-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Anyone from Kurri willing to do a version of events from their point of view against the Terrace from yesterday?
Be good to see the game from an oppositions side rather then 4 terrace blokes..

Drunken ranger
17-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Anyone from Kurri willing to do a version of events from their point of view against the Terrace from yesterday?
Be good to see the game from an oppositions side rather then 4 terrace blokes..

You better ask rooster to see he's version of events

RANGER09
18-05-2015, 03:49 PM
results for Simba vs Medowie anyone? nothing on SP

Roosted
18-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Rooster didn't play v terrace. Kurri was dominated pretty much all first half going down 3-0 at the break. Second half was much neater. Played a lot better but still not the best. Had a few passengers due to Tuesday night make up game but just couldn't seem to gel like usual. Second half 1-1 with Kurri away first with some good 1-2 down the left side. Had a few more chances but couldn't capitalise. Next round will be interesting. Don't rule Kurri out just yet.

Swanky
18-05-2015, 10:49 PM
results for Simba vs Medowie anyone? nothing on SP

Washed out

Another Ranger
19-05-2015, 05:18 AM
Rooster didn't play v terrace. Kurri was dominated pretty much all first half going down 3-0 at the break. Second half was much neater. Played a lot better but still not the best. Had a few passengers due to Tuesday night make up game but just couldn't seem to gel like usual. Second half 1-1 with Kurri away first with some good 1-2 down the left side. Had a few more chances but couldn't capitalise. Next round will be interesting. Don't rule Kurri out just yet.

Good to see someone else's version of events. Kurri at Kurri has always been a tough game, even when played on a field that looks like it's better suited to herd cattle.
Terrace dominant in first half as said and went into the break with a comfortable lead.Second Half Terrace had a weak moment where we all switched off and conceded. Credit to Kurri for a nice play for the goal. Score line could have had more to the terrace if it wasn't for some pearler saves by their keeper and a couple of missed opportunities. Next round will be interesting especially when we're full strength 😉

Itsmuz
21-05-2015, 12:10 AM
Wednesday night match played today 20/5 at Uni Vs Musswellbrook.
Res 6-0 to Uni. Credit to Mussy for getting a full side to Uni for a 6pm kickoff. Uni just showed a bit more quality on the night. Too much pace across the park and a few nice finishes. Mussy unlucky not to get maybe 1 or 2 from two cracking long range efforts that forced our keeper into 2 great saves.
1sts, from what I hear it was 2-0 to uni with 10 to go in the 2nd half. More to come I imagine.

MonkeyKplunk
21-05-2015, 08:29 AM
The slide tackle shot Muz!

Uni won 1st's 3-0 in the end.

Robbery
22-05-2015, 06:45 PM
How is king park looking for tomorrow?

outsider
22-05-2015, 07:30 PM
[quote=robbery;122239]how is king park looking for tomorrow?[/q

According to Newcastle Zone wet weather site King Park is closed from 22/5-24/5.However the Zone wet weather site has nothing on it but has probably not been updated.If I was a betting man I would not be expecting a game of football at King Park this weekend.

Ranger-86
22-05-2015, 07:49 PM
[quote=robbery;122239]how is king park looking for tomorrow?[/q

According to Newcastle Zone wet weather site King Park is closed from 22/5-24/5.However the Zone wet weather site has nothing on it but has probably not been updated.If I was a betting man I would not be expecting a game of football at King Park this weekend.

We should be on tomorrow, will be checked again at 8 am but at this stage we should be on.

Port stephens council closed all grounds today and referred calling of ground tomorrow to the clubs.Good to see a council using common sense and not just blanket banning everything for the weekend.

Ranger-86
23-05-2015, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=outsider;122243]

We should be on tomorrow, will be checked again at 8 am but at this stage we should be on.

Port stephens council closed all grounds today and referred calling of ground tomorrow to the clubs.Good to see a council using common sense and not just blanket banning everything for the weekend.

Games at king park are on.

Drunken ranger
23-05-2015, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=Ranger-86;122245]

Games at king park are on.
Go terrace can't wait to watch the boys and sink a few tinnies great day for it

Drunken ranger
23-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Terrace v advance
1st 8-0
Res 9-0

Big shout out the the merewether keeper picking it out the net 17 times he's back will be sore tomorrow

Jardelsimage
23-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Terrace v advance
1st 8-0
Res 9-0

Big shout out the the merewether keeper picking it out the net 17 times he's back will be sore tomorrow

did M Barry score any today

hawk
23-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Terrace v advance
1st 8-0
Res 9-0

oh no, free beers needed

RANGER09
23-05-2015, 09:14 PM
did M Barry score any today

Sure did, but prob missed 6 :)

Wilso8948
23-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Terrace v advance
1st 8-0
Res 9-0

Your head must be pretty sore from the amount of doors you've hit being unable to fit through. Remember it's only ZL2 and a bit of humility wouldn't go astray. Just my two cents..

Drunken ranger
23-05-2015, 10:43 PM
Your head must be pretty sore from the amount of doors you've hit being unable to fit through. Remember it's only ZL2 and a bit of humility wouldn't go astray. Just my two cents..
All good wilso I'll listen but I'm not a player just my 2 cents worth 😝

XRanger
23-05-2015, 11:01 PM

only ZL2 that you guys couldn't make the semis in lol

XRanger
23-05-2015, 11:04 PM
you guys would be due for promotion next year, winning nothing in 3 years

Another Ranger
23-05-2015, 11:39 PM
Keep your 2 cents to mid table in ZL1 Wilso. You'll be needing it for your next promotion you earn 😉

Wilso8948
24-05-2015, 12:09 AM
Did I touch a terrace nerve? I can't tell?

Another Ranger
24-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Did I touch a terrace nerve? I can't tell?

No nerve hit Wilso. We jus t all think your a wanker..

Drunken ranger
24-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Any other results this weekend or terrace v advance the only game to get on

The roosta
24-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Our game for today got called off on Friday afternoon

The roosta
24-05-2015, 07:31 PM
I think tenambits game was called off as well

onlooker
24-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Tenambit was called off, they going to have a good looking ground at the end of the year someone spits on it and it's called off.

XRanger
24-05-2015, 08:18 PM
That's a pretty big call for a pinhead. Pull ya head in keyboard warrior

We surely miss you guys not being in our comp this year, really hard to find another team with the unchallenged ****wit tag ya's held all last season. How you guys been travelling anyway? Heard yas didn't get out of ya own half against cookers, is that why ya talking shit on this site lol

Thomas477
24-05-2015, 08:28 PM
:popcorn:

Wilso8948
24-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Must be tough when your Friday night all age team holds more appeal for both supporters and players and no one gives a shit about u guys. Least those guys wouldn't hide behind fake names throwing insults. By the looks of the way you lot are acting this year you've more then done enough to take over the ****wit tag for this year. Congrats

gny
24-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Hahahahaha this is brilliant

Another Ranger
24-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Turning racist now? I'll just stop here cause you've clearly shown your intellectual ability. But I'm sure someone will log in with the same name an keep arguing with you. I'll head back to league 1 forum. Where the air is crisp. Cause you know.. I think I've earned promotion.

You have brought this forum to life a little, for that we appreciate your input. We do miss what you bring to the (mid) table.

hawk
24-05-2015, 10:36 PM
ffs I turn my back for 2 seconds and now pindick has made a return into society.
everyones team is the best.

finished

The Dreaded Keeper
25-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Honestly, how good is old mates little popcorn guy? Hahahaha.

Also boys, if y'all are going to fight, please run the odd spell check so you don't look retarded.

Giges
25-05-2015, 12:54 PM
I've got to agree with the point Wilso8948 was trying to make as after reading the results/comments this year I have wondered why Raymond Terrace didn't go up to ZL1?
They won the ZL2 comp last year however teams below them (Stocko, Charlestown and even Cooks Hill from ZL3) decided to take promotion but Terrace didn't? I remember comments earlier in the year saying Terrace had 40+ blokes at training so I assume numbers wasn't an issue. From an outsider looking in it appears Terrace are happy to sit down in the lower grades smashing up sides instead of testing themselves higher.

Raymond Terrace is a proud club with a lot of history and I'm certainly not looking to upset anyone but sides like Stocko and Cooks Hill's ZLI side were only formed 4-5 years ago have started at the bottom and seem to have now gone beyond The Terrace.

Drunken ranger
25-05-2015, 01:09 PM
I've got to agree with the point Wilso8948 was trying to make as after reading the results/comments this year I have wondered why Raymond Terrace didn't go up to ZL1?
They won the ZL2 comp last year however teams below them (Stocko, Charlestown and even Cooks Hill from ZL3) decided to take promotion but Terrace didn't? I remember comments earlier in the year saying Terrace had 40+ blokes at training so I assume numbers wasn't an issue. From an outsider looking in it appears Terrace are happy to sit down in the lower grades smashing up sides instead of testing themselves higher.

Raymond Terrace is a proud club with a lot of history and I'm certainly not looking to upset anyone but sides like Stocko and Cooks Hill's ZLI side were only formed 4-5 years ago have started at the bottom and seem to have now gone beyond The Terrace.
We lost about 10 players in about a week so numbers where a problem in the end but in saying that as a club we weren't in a position to step up a lot of things have happened in the last 2 years at the club we will be pushing for if we win

Charman
25-05-2015, 01:43 PM
So much livelier than the ZL3 forum! Go hard lads.

Wilso8948
25-05-2015, 02:00 PM

Surely I wasn't the only one who started singing "started from the bottom now we're here"..

Not really the point I was making and may have been taken out of context. Was more so pointing out making fun of teams after smashing them was a bit sour. Especially when it's Merewether.. Even I scored two goals against Merewether.. Which says alot really.

I'm all for banter. But lets all just keep it above board. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Ranger-86
25-05-2015, 02:09 PM

Can confirm we never got asked to be promoted. Why?, I dont really know but I guess results on the park were not top priority for promotion.

namwob99
25-05-2015, 02:34 PM
They won the ZL2 comp last year however teams below them (Stocko, Charlestown and even Cooks Hill from ZL3) decided to take promotion but Terrace didn't?

But did they really win it last year? Lol

Can confirm we never got asked to be promoted. Why?, I dont really know but I guess results on the park were not top priority for promotion.

So committee sat around waiting to be asked to go up? From what I heard Rolo at Stoko, who does a top job over at the Sharks just sent a letter in and were accepted, was that easy. Surely someone at the Terrace thought to themselves that there were teams vacating League 1, we finished SECOND we might be able to go up too.

pv4
25-05-2015, 02:48 PM
From what I heard Rolo at Stoko, who does a top job over at the Sharks just sent a letter in and were accepted, was that easy.

I was told several years ago that sending a letter in was the only reason Belmont Tingara were promoted from ZL2. So that Stocko news is not too hard to believe.

Another Ranger
25-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Surely I wasn't the only one who started singing "started from the bottom now we're here"..

Not really the point I was making and may have been taken out of context. Was more so pointing out making fun of teams after smashing them was a bit sour. Especially when it's Merewether.. Even I scored two goals against Merewether.. Which says alot really.

I'm all for banter. But lets all just keep it above board. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Unfortunately we can't help our 1 drunk spectators point of view. However my comments were not called for. Apologies Wilso.

I assure you the first guys hand I shook at the end of the day was the keepers. Did feel for the bloke. They were not a bad team. We just clicked on the day with a quality side.

namwob99
25-05-2015, 02:56 PM
I was told several years ago that sending a letter in was the only reason Belmont Tingara were promoted from ZL2. So that Stocko news is not too hard to believe.
I guess ambitious clubs will explore all avenues. Can't begrudge them that.

Wilso8948
25-05-2015, 03:04 PM
I can't comment on promotion.. but I'm sure whoever asked who.. that Rolo and the club would have put together a strong case as to why we could be a competitive team in ZL1. It's an extremely difficult jump to make going from two to three grades. As stated there is no harm in being ambitious. No matter what the result are I'm sure there are so many off field factors that need to be considered when discussing promotion/relegation.

rolo
29-05-2015, 12:08 PM
But did they really win it last year? Lol

So committee sat around waiting to be asked to go up? From what I heard Rolo at Stoko, who does a top job over at the Sharks just sent a letter in and were accepted, was that easy. Surely someone at the Terrace thought to themselves that there were teams vacating League 1, we finished SECOND we might be able to go up too.

I guarantee it was not just a simple let saying 'please pick us'
Was a detailed letter that took some putting together from the committee. If you think I do anything the easy way you don't know me at all

namwob99
29-05-2015, 10:03 PM
I guarantee it was not just a simple let saying 'please pick us'
Was a detailed letter that took some putting together from the committee. If you think I do anything the easy way you don't know me at all
Oh no doubt. Wasn't having a shot mate, was merely stating that the other club in question had less ambitions than yourself.

Drunken ranger
30-05-2015, 07:54 PM
From the boys
Mussy v terrace
1st 1-2
Res 0-2
6 points from the nest good job terrace
I heard MUSSY played a good game in firsts and unlucky not to get a point

Robbery
30-05-2015, 11:36 PM
Merewether vs Maryland
Res: 0-2
1sts: 2-2, third match this year where we have scored in the last couple of minutes for the draw.

BP Super Dynamos
31-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Tenambit v Simba @ Beryl Humble
Reggies finished 3-0 to Simba, even after having a player sent off before half time.
1st grade was 2-0 to Simba when I left at half time

scouser
31-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Terrace missed at least a dozen clear chances - could've been a cricket score but Mussy took the lead against the run of play. Nonetheless Terrace got the 3 points they deserved. Looked like more Terrace boys back at the RSL than Muswellbrook players!

onlooker
31-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Tenambit v Simba @ Beryl Humble
Reggies finished 3-0 to Simba, even after having a player sent off before half time.
1st grade was 2-0 to Simba when I left at half time

First finished 5-0

Drunken ranger
31-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Terrace missed at least a dozen clear chances - could've been a cricket score but Mussy took the lead against the run of play. Nonetheless Terrace got the 3 points they deserved. Looked like more Terrace boys back at the RSL than Muswellbrook players!
Apprantly a lot of younger boys up there but I did hear the same thing

Another Ranger
01-06-2015, 12:04 PM

Not a good day in front of goals for the Terrace. I alone missed the dozen you speak of. Score could easily have been 8-0 by halftime and 20-1 at full time with the crossbar and post being hit and not finishing the many created chances.
1st time we have been behind in the scoreline all year, with a moments lapse in defence Mbk took the lead.Credit to everyone on the park for digging deep and scoring 2 by full time to take the win.
The Terrace Boys always enjoy the Mbk away game bus trip home and love a beer. We'll support any of the teams sponsors if asked to go back for a beer after a good game on the field.

onlooker
03-06-2015, 11:27 PM
Medowie V Tenambit
Res
3-0
First
4-2

Another Ranger
05-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Looking forward to another weekend of Football!!

Terrace Rangers looking to grab another 3 points in both grades tomorrow against Tenambit at King Park. With some quality players coming back this week should be hard to beat. Just gotta put the ball in the back of the net!!

Seems like Medowie 1st grade are making a run for the top 4.. A underdog side everyone needs to watch..

Drunken ranger
06-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Looking forward to another weekend of Football!!

Terrace Rangers looking to grab another 3 points in both grades tomorrow against Tenambit at King Park. With some quality players coming back this week should be hard to beat. Just gotta put the ball in the back of the net!!

Seems like Medowie 1st grade are making a run for the top 4.. A underdog side everyone needs to watch..

Medowie are a team that shouldn't be underrated they got the ability to knock anyone off and has fight amd spirit which is a key to winning

Drunken ranger
06-06-2015, 11:17 AM
TERRACE v tenanbit
OLYMPIC v kurri
simba v uni draw
MEDOWIE v advance
Plattsy v MUSSY
that's my tips for the weekend

The Hive
06-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Well I'm glad to say that your Medowie v Merewether prediction was correct!

5-1 reserves
3-1 Firsts...

Another double win for Medowie...
4 on the trot for firsts
3 for reserve, on a good run so far, hopefully we can keep it up!
Still 2 catch up games to be made up, should be an interesting few weeks

RANGER09
06-06-2015, 11:03 PM
Terrace vs Tenambit
1st 7-0
Res 7-2

Drunken ranger
07-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Good results for terrace and Medowie any other games get on yesterday ??

SeppBlatter
07-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Uni v Simba
Ressies 3 - 7
Firsts 4 - 1

Drunken ranger
07-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Well I'm glad to say that your Medowie v Merewether prediction was correct!

5-1 reserves
3-1 Firsts...

Another double win for Medowie...
4 on the trot for firsts
3 for reserve, on a good run so far, hopefully we can keep it up!
Still 2 catch up games to be made up, should be an interesting few weeks

Medowie for the 4 if they keep going

Suarez
07-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Olympic v Kurri 1st 6-1 Olympic. Reserves 2-0 olympic

Charlie Bubblegum
08-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Plattsburg: new name, new field, same old Morrow refereeing their games. No wonder they dropped back down to ZL2 last year, Morrow isn't allowed to ref anything higher.

ICEBERG10
08-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Plattsburg: new name, new field, same old Morrow refereeing their games. No wonder they dropped back down to ZL2 last year, Morrow isn't allowed to ref anything higher.

He has reffed us twice in ZL1........... Don't know how absolutely terrible ref, does not even raise his arm in the right direction when awarding free kicks!

The Hive
10-06-2015, 11:45 PM
Wednesday night catch up
Medowie v Simba

Reserves nil all
Great game to watch... Both teams played well..

Firsts
2-1 Simba
An unfortunate own goal in the last 10 or so minutes saw Simba go one up...
We equalised a few minutes later...
Final break away goal with a few minutes left, didnt seal the game straight away, both teams played hard until the final whistle..
Medowie had many more convincing opportunities, but couldn't finish...
(I know it's cliche) but again, poor refereeing saw more than a few calls missed, badly...
As thankful as we are to have 3 ref's to a game. It's quite upsetting when calls, going both ways are poor at best..

Stopped the Medowie roll, but we held them all game, just goes to show that we can play right up on par with best of them

onlooker
12-06-2015, 12:12 PM
I am hearing whispers that the lumberjack could be gracing this competition again this season. All I can say if this turns out to be true is defending just got a whole lot harder. Have heard a possible destination but won't say as I don't want to go jumping the gun as I said it's only whispers.

gny
12-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Please tell us what you know about the lumberjack,
Overrated player anyways

onlooker
12-06-2015, 12:24 PM
I know the last time I marked him back when he was at the terrace I had a torrid time and I wasn't as shit back then as I am now. Not saying he is a world beater by any means but the guy knows where the back of the net is.

gny
12-06-2015, 12:35 PM
What have you been hearing? Club wise?

onlooker
12-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Have heard through a guy I play Friday nights with is he is joining the Medowie Friday night team with the possibility of playing in there zl2 team.

Obviously all hear say at this point but if true I shall dread playing Medowie on Friday nights. As th here other striker knows how to score goals aswell.

ICEBERG10
12-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Have heard through a guy I play Friday nights with is he is joining the Medowie Friday night team with the possibility of playing in there zl2 team.

Obviously all hear say at this point but if true I shall dread playing Medowie on Friday nights. As th here other striker knows how to score goals aswell.

Is he not happy at Stockton?

onlooker
12-06-2015, 02:52 PM
Is he not happy at Stockton?
No clue mate I actually forgot he was there.

gny
12-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Spoke to the lumberjack yesterday, and medowie all age Friday nights,
Highly doubt he will play ids, the only way he will play ids is if he doesn't have to train,

Drunken ranger
13-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Spoke to the lumberjack yesterday, and medowie all age Friday nights,
Highly doubt he will play ids, the only way he will play ids is if he doesn't have to train,
Has he ever trained while playing anywhere???

The Hive
13-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Medowie vs Muswellbrook

Res - 5-0 Medowie (just going off reports, i didn't see the game)

Firsts - 4-1 Medowie
4 penalties without cards being given...2 for each team, only scored one each

Drunken ranger
13-06-2015, 08:21 PM
Medowie vs Muswellbrook

Firsts - 4-1 Medowie
Official refs ???

NewyTy
13-06-2015, 10:15 PM
Medowie vs Muswellbrook

Firsts - 4-1 Medowie

Flicking through results on Sportingpulse, says 0-0 for Medowie v Muswellbrook. Must have gone in wrong or something.

The Hive
13-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Official refs ???
Yea, 2 full fledge ref's and one "in training" ref...

The Hive
13-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Flicking through results on Sportingpulse, says 0-0 for Medowie v Muswellbrook. Must have gone in wrong or something.

We sung the song and they left with their heads hung low, so I'm thinking you're right

NewyTy
13-06-2015, 10:42 PM
We sung the song and they left with their heads hung low, so I'm thinking you're right

Good stuff haha. Just thought I'd give you a heads up before you wonder where those extra two points went on the table.

Another Ranger
14-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Terrace V Maryland

Res- 0-0
1st- 2-1. Tough, physical game. With 3 points to the terrace in the end.

RANGER09
15-06-2015, 10:21 AM
Kurri v Simba - anyone know results?

Itsmuz
15-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Uni V Tenambit
Res 5-1 to Uni.
1sts 6-0 to Uni.
Uni just too strong at home on the day

BP Super Dynamos
15-06-2015, 09:53 PM
Simba won both grades. 4-1 reserves, and 3-0 1sts if I remember correctly

Suarez
19-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Do any terrace boys no if the game will go ahead on sunday

XRanger
19-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Do any terrace boys no if the game will go ahead on sunday

At this stage I doubt it, we haven't been able to train for 2 weeks at king park, I'm not sure of the forecast tomorrow , but hopefully clears up and we get on

Suarez
19-06-2015, 09:40 PM
At this stage I doubt it, we haven't been able to train for 2 weeks at king park, I'm not sure of the forecast tomorrow , but hopefully clears up and we get on

Ok thanks I hope we do get on should be a good game

onlooker
20-06-2015, 08:25 AM
Have been told tenambits game V Kurri tomorrow is highly unlikely to be played.
A call should be made around 10

Drunken ranger
20-06-2015, 09:19 AM
How's jesmond park and mussy looking today ???

Spectator01
20-06-2015, 10:13 AM
jesmond park is off

outsider
20-06-2015, 03:32 PM
jesmond park is off

Have been to Jeso twice today-half an hour ago there were people having a kick around-the park looked ok-someone must be short of players or scared to get their boots dirty to have called the games off today.Pathetic to think that games are called off in this kind of weather-football is a winter sport and should be played unless the ground is under water or dangerous and Heaton Park was neither.

outsider
20-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Is the game at Fletcher on tomorrow-according to the Junior wet weather line the ground (Kurraka Oval)is out all weekend 19/6-21/6-does that also apply to the seniors?

Jardelsimage
20-06-2015, 06:30 PM
Have been to Jeso twice today-half an hour ago there were people having a kick around-the park looked ok-someone must be short of players or scared to get their boots dirty to have called the games off today.Pathetic to think that games are called off in this kind of weather-football is a winter sport and should be played unless the ground is under water or dangerous and Heaton Park was neither.

who was playing there today?\are Jesmond not in the FFA cup at dodgy park

Robbery
20-06-2015, 06:54 PM

Seems like you went to the wrong ground then......

outsider
20-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Seems like you went to the wrong ground then......

No-I was just driving past as I live not far away-my comment is regarding ground closures when there is nothing wrong with the surface-comments made in relation to prior comments yesterday-if other grounds were checked the result would probably be the same-grounds are called out far too early in a lot of cases for reasons better known to the clubs

Robbery
20-06-2015, 07:23 PM
No-I was just driving past as I live not far away-my comment is regarding ground closures when there is nothing wrong with the surface-comments made in relation to prior comments yesterday-if other grounds were checked the result would probably be the same-grounds are called out far too early in a lot of cases for reasons better known to the clubs

Fair enough - I can confirm for you the ground did meet your under water criteria for being called off anyway. Midweek catch ups are more of a pain anyway so we'd rather play on a Saturday arvo but the weather has been a pain of late.

RANGER09
21-06-2015, 10:22 AM
Game on today at King Park, rise and shine :)

outsider
21-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Fair enough - I can confirm for you the ground did meet your under water criteria for being called off anyway. Midweek catch ups are more of a pain anyway so we'd rather play on a Saturday arvo but the weather has been a pain of late.

Under water criteria-not when I saw it on Sat am

Robbery
21-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Under water criteria-not when I saw it on Sat am

Perhaps you should have actually gone onto the ground rather than just drive past as the field is not that close to the road. When we actually went on the field it had puddles everywhere (which we couldn't really see till we got near the edge of the field) and no way we were getting on. A majority of grounds were off yesterday in the newcastle area and given the drainage at jeso park unfortunately it tends to be one of the earlier ones called off most of the time so it should hardly have been a surprise.

Anyway, crossing fingers we can get on next time.

outsider
21-06-2015, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=Robbery;125729]Perhaps you should have actually gone onto the ground rather than just drive past as the field is not that close to the road. When we actually went on the field it had puddles everywhere (which we couldn't really see till we got near the edge of the field) and no way we were getting on. A majority of grounds were off yesterday in the newcastle area and given the drainage at jeso park unfortunately it tends to be one of the earlier ones called off most of the time so it should hardly have been a surprise.

Anyway, crossing fingers we can get on next time.[/QUO

What time was the ground called out?A few puddles shouldn't be enough to call the ground out-Was he ground dangerous to play on-that should be the only criteria IMO not the fact that you might cut a council ground up.The peope aw plaing didn't appear to be getting wet.

onlooker
21-06-2015, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=Robbery;125729]Perhaps you should have actually gone onto the ground rather than just drive past as the field is not that close to the road. When we actually went on the field it had puddles everywhere (which we couldn't really see till we got near the edge of the field) and no way we were getting on. A majority of grounds were off yesterday in the newcastle area and given the drainage at jeso park unfortunately it tends to be one of the earlier ones called off most of the time so it should hardly have been a surprise.

Anyway, crossing fingers we can get on next time.[/QUO

What time was the ground called out?A few puddles shouldn't be enough to call the ground out-Was he ground dangerous to play on-that should be the only criteria IMO not the fact that you might cut a council ground up.The peope aw plaing didn't appear to be getting wet.

Are u happy to pay the council the cost to repair the ground? Because I know at the club I am involved in, if there is excessive damage due to the club playing when they probably shouldn't the council send them a bill. And not many clubs have the money sitting around to cover such cost.

So just relax as robbery has said mid week games are a pain and the preference is to play on weekends.

RANGER09
21-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Result for today
1st grade , terrace 3-1
Res grade , Hamilton 2-0

XRanger
26-06-2015, 06:38 PM
How's everyone's grounds looking for the weekend?

onlooker
27-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Tenambit V Maryland
Res 1-2 Maryland
First 1 - 0 TENAMBIT

arni marl
27-06-2015, 06:55 PM
Merewether v simba
Reserves: 0-1
Firsts: 2-1

RANGER09
27-06-2015, 08:43 PM
Good day for the Rangers!
1st - 8-1
Res - 1-0

grub
27-06-2015, 08:48 PM
Huge upset at Jesmond pk today. Big turn around from 1st round encounter.

Merewether v simba
Reserves: 0-1
Firsts: 2-1

Doc
28-06-2015, 09:17 AM
First ever post but felt I had to say something. As coach of Medowie FC I thought we could give Terrace a run for their money. The score says otherwise though. Every mistake we made they scored. Clinical finishing at its best. I think our keeper is lucky he doesn't have a broken hand from some of those bullets fired at him. For significant periods of the game we had possession and pushed them but at the end of the day no game plan works when It ends with if we make a mistake and give them an opportunity they will score every time. We did not play as well as we have for the last 8 weeks but that is probably just the quality of the opposition. And the score reflects a terrace team on their game. Well done rangers great game and well deserved win. Thankfully for us simba lost and hopefully we will get a chance to redeem ourselves against you guys in the finals. We want another game against you this year. Yeah already planning how we can be competitive. We have uni on Wednesday and hopefully we can find the back of the net a few times and give you guys some space on top of the table.

XRanger
28-06-2015, 01:34 PM
First ever post but felt I had to say something. As coach of Medowie FC I thought we could give Terrace a run for their money. The score says otherwise though. Every mistake we made they scored. Clinical finishing at its best. I think our keeper is lucky he doesn't have a broken hand from some of those bullets fired at him. For significant periods of the game we had possession and pushed them but at the end of the day no game plan works when It ends with if we make a mistake and give them an opportunity they will score every time. We did not play as well as we have for the last 8 weeks but that is probably just the quality of the opposition. And the score reflects a terrace team on their game. Well done rangers great game and well deserved win. Thankfully for us simba lost and hopefully we will get a chance to redeem ourselves against you guys in the finals. We want another game against you this year. Yeah already planning how we can be competitive. We have uni on Wednesday and hopefully we can find the back of the net a few times and give you guys some space on top of the table.

Was a good game, score line definitely did not represent how you guys played, we had more chances against muswellbrook and Maryland but could not find the net, I think with having our leading goal scorer out yesterday meant the boys had to lift. I think you guys will be there at the end of year

Drunken ranger
28-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Some upsets this weekend both merewether and tenanbit throwing some big results

onlooker
29-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Some upsets this weekend both merewether and tenanbit throwing some big results

Tenambit could have and should have won by more. Clearly controlled the game, Maryland should have had a player sent off early in the first half for a deliberate take down of a tenambit striker who would have been through on goal. But good old ref Bobby refused to go talk to the linesman who signalled the foul and was calling for him to come over so he could inform him of what happened. Tenambit went on to waste some good chances but finally got their goal they deserved with about ten mins to go.

Two games against Kurri this week hopefully some good results to start the climb up the ladder.

Will also add tenambit res grade were unlucky to lose both goals conceded were through their own mistakes and we're the better team for large parts of the game.

BP Super Dynamos
01-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Tenambit v Kurri Kurri @ Beryl Humble
Reserves 0-2
Firsts 1-1

Drunken ranger
01-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Any predictions for top 4 both grades imo 1st grade terrace Olympic uni Medowie and for ressies terrace simba uni Olympic both in no particular order

onlooker
04-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Tenambit V Kurri at Kurri

Res 1-0 Kurri
First 1-1 draw

The roosta
04-07-2015, 07:59 PM
kurri and tenambit have played each other 5 times over the last 2 seasons and each game has finished a draw in first grade a record surely lol

BP Super Dynamos
04-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Kurri lucky to not have a player sent off in first grade. Threw the ball at a Tenambit player in plain sight of the ref. Not even a yellow shown. Makes you wonder why these blokes get paid to more often than not, ruin good football games.

Buddha
04-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Kurri lucky to not have a player sent off in first grade. Threw the ball at a Tenambit player in plain sight of the ref. Not even a yellow shown. Makes you wonder why these blokes get paid to more often than not, ruin good football games.

That's never a red in any case. Yellow card yes, should definitely get one of them. You've got very extreme expectations if you think that's a red

The Hive
04-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Medowie vs Maryland-fletcher
Res 1-1
First 3-1

Thomas477
04-07-2015, 11:54 PM
That's never a red in any case. Yellow card yes, should definitely get one of them. You've got very extreme expectations if you think that's a red

Don't think I agree mate, depends on how hard he threw it. Throwing the ball hard at an opponent would make consider the red, it could be classed as excessive force, depending on how hard he threw it, which would be violent conduct.

Buddha
05-07-2015, 12:00 AM
Don't think I agree mate, depends on how hard he threw it. Throwing the ball hard at an opponent would make consider the red, it could be classed as excessive force, depending on how hard he threw it, which would be violent conduct.

Mate in the last 3 years that I've been back I've seen multiple balls chucked at opponents with serious force behind it and a yellow card was shown, if he had kicked it yes that would be red. I've seen that happen before...

outsider
05-07-2015, 12:03 AM

Classed as striking-violent conduct-red card

XRanger
05-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Olympic vs Terrace
Res 4-1 terrace
1sts 4-0 terrace

RANGER09
05-07-2015, 10:16 PM

Maybe flavour of the week, one of the Hamilton boys was sent in res grade today for same thing, however was trying to disguise it as a throw in

Thomas477
05-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Maybe flavour of the week, one of the Hamilton boys was sent in res grade today for same thing, however was trying to disguise it as a throw in

Well I do believe that that scenario was brought up at the latest junior branch meeting, can't speak for the state league guys though. Once the ref deems it was excessive force, you're always going to be punted.

The roosta
07-07-2015, 11:45 PM
Catch up game
Kurri v uni
Ressies
Kurri 1 - uni 0
Firsts
Kurri 3 - uni 3

Robbery
11-07-2015, 06:54 PM
Merewether vs kurri

Res: 1-2. Kurri scoring in the last second for the win.
1sts: 2-1. Kurri scoring late to make the last couple of minutes nervy. Merewether first goal scored pretty much direct off a free kick in their own half which bounced over the keeper.

RANGER09
11-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Simba vs Terrace
1st 0-5
Res 2-1

NewyTy
11-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Tenambit v Medowie
1st: 3-2 Tenambit
Reserves: 4-2 Medowie

Got messaged results.

onlooker
12-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Any news on uni v mussy game?

thephenom
12-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Any news on uni v mussy game?

1st grade finished 1-1 , eagles still battling at the nest. Good stuff lads.

Drunken ranger
12-07-2015, 05:50 PM
1st grade finished 1-1 , eagles still battling at the nest. Good stuff lads.

You boys seem to be struggling this year why is that ??? You's sem to be a force one year then drop away the next

XRanger
12-07-2015, 09:02 PM
You boys seem to be struggling this year why is that ??? You's sem to be a force one year then drop away the next
Can you not fire teams up before we play them twice lol.
I reckon after losing about 10 key players in the club in 2 years wouldn't help.

onlooker
13-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Any scores from Maryland V Olympic.
The fight to avoid the drop is heating up with currently 4 points I believe splitting last place to 6th and with 5 rounds plus make ups to go who is favourite for the drop?
Tenambit have 3 of the top five in their run home but have been in good touch of late.

Kurri have 3 of the top 5 in theirs

Mussy 1 of top five

Merewether 2 of top 5

Maryland 2 of top 5

Not including make up games

XRanger
13-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Any scores from Maryland V Olympic.
The fight to avoid the drop is heating up with currently 4 points I believe splitting last place to 6th and with 5 rounds plus make ups to go who is favourite for the drop?
Tenambit have 3 of the top five in their run home but have been in good touch of late.

Kurri have 3 of the top 5 in theirs

Mussy 1 of top five

Merewether 2 of top 5

Maryland 2 of top 5

Not including make up games

Olympic won both grades
Ressies 4-1
1sts 4-2
Not sure if scores are correct

onlooker
13-07-2015, 04:01 PM
So will Terrace ( or uni because the premiers title is still mathamatically up for grabs) be taking promotion once the title is decided? Have Terrace got the players to fill a third team ( I believe that was the reason they came down in the first place) and with the unis higher team only in ZPL are they aloud to go up should they do the unthinkable and chase down the terrace.