PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Zone League 3 thread

Pages : [1] 2

boz-monaut
10-01-2015, 12:30 PM
discussion here

Eggs
14-01-2015, 10:28 PM
So there's plenty of new teams in the division this year. How's everyone's preseason going?

Irish
03-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Anyone know when the Official draw is been made ?

Eggs
03-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Some of the players at New Lambton already claim to have it, but our club secretary says it isn't out yet

pagey88
09-02-2015, 11:45 AM
We have a draft copy at Wallsend at the moment. I think I remember we have kahiba first up away on the sat 11/04. Im guessing as its a draft all games would be subject to alteration.

namwob99
09-02-2015, 12:31 PM
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-8218-0-0-0&a=COMPS

pagey88
09-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Anyone versed Abermain before?

Irish
23-02-2015, 02:37 PM
Whats your colours ?

The association in all it glory has decided in the event of a colour clash the "AWAY TEAM" must change... Crazy, since the home side will have a change of strip in their sheds...
Anyway, Anyone here going to clash ?

TEAM
Colours

Abermain
?

Dudley Redhead
?

Edgeworth Eagles
?

Jesmond FC
?

Kahibah FC
Green & Black Strips

Mayfield United
?

New Lambton
?

RAAF Williamtown
?

Valentine FC
?

Wallsend FC
Red & White

outsider
23-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Whats your colours ?

The association in all it glory has decided in the event of a colour clash the "AWAY TEAM" must change... Crazy, since the home side will have a change of strip in their sheds...

TEAM
Colours

Abermain
?

Dudley Redhead
?

Edgeworth Eagles
?

Jesmond FC
?

Kahibah FC
Green & Black Strips

Mayfield United
?

New Lambton
?

RAAF Williamtown
?

Valentine FC
?

Wallsend FC
Red & White

If you had checked the regulations it has ALWAYS been the home team which has to change-nothing new here

football_macigian23
23-02-2015, 08:33 PM
If you had checked the regulations it has ALWAYS been the home team which has to change-nothing new here

I thought it was always home side changes in interdistrict competitions but as soon as you hit Zone Leagues it was away side?

pagey88
24-02-2015, 08:15 AM
The year before last we had to change as the away team, even had to wear berros 3rd strip on their old boys day. Wasn't that good feeling smacking them for 17 goals conceding one in their colours over three grades.

pagey88
24-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Whats your colours ?

TEAM
Colours

Abermain
?

Dudley Redhead
?

Edgeworth Eagles
?

Jesmond FC
?

Kahibah FC
Green & Black Strips

Mayfield United
?

New Lambton
?

RAAF Williamtown
?

Valentine FC
?

Wallsend FC
Red & White

I know Jesmond are red and yellow stripes Mayfield I assume will be green and gold stripes Dudley are white and black (white with black trim) Raaf are sky blue, Valentine im sure are full orange or they will be navy, New Lambton I think are navy aswell. The only two I cant think of are edgy who I last remember were also black and white, and Abermain cos there a mystery.

Jardelsimage
24-02-2015, 09:04 AM

Incorrect and correct,
AA and juniors etc the home side changes.
This is as Irish says the home side should have spare set in the sheds.
In Zone league it has always been the away side changes, has been that way for a very long time same as NPL, 2HD etc .

BP Super Dynamos
24-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Pretty sure Edgeworth are red and black, whilst Abermain are red and white stripes with black shorts

Irish
25-02-2015, 09:59 AM
TEAM
Colours

Abermain
Red & White Strips

Dudley Redhead
White & Black

Edgeworth Eagles
Red & Black

Jesmond FC
Red & Yellow

Kahibah FC
Green & Black Strips

Mayfield United
Green & Gold

New Lambton
Navy

RAAF Williamtown
Sky Blue

Valentine FC
Full Orange or Navy

Wallsend FC
Red & White

scouser
26-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Interesting to see some night matches over the ANZAC weekend

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?a=ROUND&c=1-8218-0-332986-0&pool=1&round=3

I noticed that in the FFA Cup Rnd 1 Results it had Belmont Tingira forfeiting to Newcastle Suns.
Does this mean that Valentine ZL3 team were not ready to play this match?

scouser
26-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Interesting to see some night matches over the ANZAC weekend

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?a=ROUND&c=1-8218-0-332986-0&pool=1&round=3

I noticed that in the FFA Cup Rnd 1 Results it had Belmont Tingira forfeiting to Newcastle Suns.
Does this mean that Valentine ZL3 team were not ready to play this match?

Or are there rules in place that one club - one entry? Where as the two Dudley teams entered are two separate clubs - Dudley Seniors and Dudley Juniors.

pagey88
26-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Far as I understand only one club can enter a team we at Wallsend couldn't enter our zl3 team as our newfm wanted to play. But some clubs get around it with the JFC or SFC titles
Berro and Mayfield and Dudley like you say do that.

Thomas477
26-02-2015, 07:32 PM
The two Mayf teams are completely different, just like New Lambton, but Wallsend are the same club, same as if the Lambton Jaffas had a ZL side, it's still the same club, same as olympic and uni.

FiftyEight
26-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Far as I understand only one club can enter a team we at Wallsend couldn't enter our zl3 team as our newfm wanted to play. But some clubs get around it with the JFC or SFC titles
Clubs don't get around it this way. They are, in all of the cases mentioned above, in fact two very distinct clubs.

hawk
26-02-2015, 11:23 PM

can always add another name to the lower team and "be from another club"

Charman
27-02-2015, 12:31 PM

Just to be clear Dudley Redhead Seniors and Dudley Redhead Juniors (actually Dudley Redhead United) are 2 very different clubs. The seniors play at Dudley, do not share their oval or welcome the introduction of new teams to their club unless the new teams bring massive sponsorship $$$. United play out of Redhead. The 2 clubs have nothing to do with each other and are completely separate. I am sure Bero understand where I am coming from.

scouser
27-02-2015, 12:59 PM

Hawk - they would need to be separate identities - as in incorporated bodies not just trading as a different name.

scouser
27-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Any teams in ZL3 had any trial games apart from the FFA cup matches?

pagey88
28-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Any teams in ZL3 had any trial games apart from the FFA cup matches?

We had Raymond Terrace at Terrace on Thursday night and have booked in Warnersbay at Warners Bay for Sunday. Tell you what Raymond Terrace are looking the goods in ZL2 they are already ready for the season. One of the blokes was saying they have 42 players on paper with only 2 grades mentioning they have 19 players alone for reserve grade. How are you guys in ZL3 going for numbers?

Chocolate Thunda 23
04-03-2015, 08:47 AM
New Lambton FC will be playing in an all royal blue strip this year (with white socks). Our alternate away strip is all white (with white socks).

Chocolate Thunda 23
04-03-2015, 08:55 AM
New Lambton FC are looking forward to being apart of ZL3 this season and have had a solid pre season thus far. Our results have been as follows:

vs Plattsy (ZL2)
Reserves 2-1 Win
Firsts 2-1 Loss

vs New Lambton Eagles (ZPL)
Firsts 1-1 draw after normal time (5-4 loss on penalties) - FFA Cup Round 1.

Reserves 3-0 loss (vs their reserves/thirds in a trial match)

Vs Kahibah FC (New FM U/23s)
1-1 draw (a mix of our firsts and reserves)

We have an upcoming trial match against Merewether Advance (ZL2) on Sunday. Will update the forum on the results.

Good luck with your respective seasons boys, we are keen as to play at this level!!

ace22
04-03-2015, 07:32 PM
New Lambton FC are looking forward to being apart of ZL3 this season and have had a solid pre season thus far. Our results have been as follows:

vs Plattsy (ZL2)
Reserves 2-1 Win
Firsts 2-1 Loss

vs New Lambton Eagles (ZPL)
Firsts 1-1 draw after normal time (5-4 loss on penalties) - FFA Cup Round 1.

Reserves 3-0 loss (vs their reserves/thirds in a trial match)

Vs Kahibah FC (New FM U/23s)
1-1 draw (a mix of our firsts and reserves)

We have an upcoming trial match against Merewether Advance (ZL2) on Sunday. Will update the forum on the results.

Good luck with your respective seasons boys, we are keen as to play at this level!!

where are your players from? new lambton eagles are a decent side in zpl. plattsburg will go good in zl2. newfm kahibah should be way better than zl3 regardless of how theyll go.
no way you guys will miss out on the finals I will tell you that.

anfield
05-03-2015, 09:16 AM
New Lambtons results has put the competition on notice, They will be strong. Ive heard Raaf have had a few trials too. Hopefully all these teams that have had plenty of trials peak too early and fade towards the backend of the season. As they will hit the ground running.

Chocolate Thunda 23
08-03-2015, 07:48 PM
We held some trials in November and have drawn players from all across the board. A few of us played all age for new lambton last year, got some boys from Mayfield ZL, plattsy ZL, a few boys who haven't played before, a few that played churches, some from all age at other clubs, some from south Cardiff juniors plus some promising juniors from our own club.

Chocolate Thunda 23
08-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Trial against Merewether Advance (ZL2)
Ressies 3-0 win
Firsts 4-1 win

Really good effort by both grades to beat an established zone league side.

The squad is enjoying their football at the moment and can't wait to test themselves in our maiden season in ZL3.

Heard Raff had a trial against plattsy. 3-3 draw in firsts, 5-1 win in ressies.

hawk
08-03-2015, 11:05 PM
Trial against Merewether Advance (ZL2)
Ressies 3-0 win
Firsts 4-1 win

Really good effort by both grades to beat an established zone league side.

The squad is enjoying their football at the moment and can't wait to test themselves in our maiden season in ZL3.

Yeah I saw some of that. Teams were pretty even.

Nice that the club has turned All/age and juniors into a "senior" club as well.

I remember when Cooks hill only had 3/4 allage teams basically in lower AA grades not all that long ago.

Chocolate Thunda 23
09-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Yeah I saw some of that. Teams were pretty even.

Nice that the club has turned All/age and juniors into a "senior" club as well.

I remember when Cooks hill only had 3/4 allage teams basically in lower AA grades not all that long ago.

What team do you play for hawk?

When you talk about it being even, did you mean our game or the RAAF game?

Both grades were fairly even yesterday and first grade was certainly a much tighter affair than the score line suggested.

It was just good to have a nice clean game of football beats some of the dropkicks you have to vs in all age haha!

hawk
10-03-2015, 12:24 AM
What team do you play for hawk?

When you talk about it being even, did you mean our game or the RAAF game?

Both grades were fairly even yesterday and first grade was certainly a much tighter affair than the score line suggested.

It was just good to have a nice clean game of football beats some of the dropkicks you have to vs in all age haha!

Played for too many clubs, Northern, ID's, AA, churches, 30+ yrs will do that to ya.

your game v wethers was pretty even. I thought merewether had a touch more spark going forward but early days for everyone. your left back scored a good one

Ive been watching ID's for ever but wont venture past Barrnsley till finals, the street lights end there.

Jardelsimage
10-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Played for too many clubs, Northern, ID's, AA, churches, 30+ yrs will do that to ya.

your game v wethers was pretty even. I thought merewether had a touch more spark going forward but early days for everyone. your left back scored a good one

Ive been watching ID's for ever but wont venture past Barrnsley till finals, the street lights end there.

Hawk aka " the phantom" doesn't matter where you are or where you are playing, he will be there with a comment, generally positive, always constructive.

Chocolate Thunda 23
11-03-2015, 06:08 PM

Yeah 1sts was more even than the score suggested. Yeah probably the best of the goals. Lucky most of our comp is pretty central then!

Chocolate Thunda 23
11-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Valentine have dropped out. 9 team comp with a home and away bye.

forzaviola
11-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Valentine have dropped out. 9 team comp with a home and away bye.

well at least now dudley wont finish with 0

Charman
12-03-2015, 09:18 AM

Hey forzaviola, that's really really funny. Take you long to come up with that? Oh, which team you playing for this year?

anfield
12-03-2015, 09:21 AM

Wow is that a sledge or are you after a bite. Id say you have based your comment on dudley's embarrassing exit from ffa cup? The side that played that day is totally different from the one that will run out in zl3 first grade.

For starters we only has half the squad available, Secondly since then we have signed some good players. Overall there is 11 new players to the squad, 9 of which have played ZPL in the last couple of seasons with 3 playing regular first grade. Lastly, The team is much fitter now, which isnt hard.

Happy to see where we end up this year. By the way you forgot to say what team you are associated with? Obviosly one with high hopes.

hawk
12-03-2015, 11:07 AM

still could, a bye gets 0 pts.

I heard duds have a decent side in L3. waitnsee I guess

forzaviola
12-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Wow is that a sledge or are you after a bite. Id say you have based your comment on dudley's embarrassing exit from ffa cup? The side that played that day is totally different from the one that will run out in zl3 first grade.

For starters we only has half the squad available, Secondly since then we have signed some good players. Overall there is 11 new players to the squad, 9 of which have played ZPL in the last couple of seasons with 3 playing regular first grade. Lastly, The team is much fitter now, which isnt hard.

Happy to see where we end up this year. By the way you forgot to say what team you are associated with? Obviosly one with high hopes.

mate its a harmless dig, im sure you will do well, sounds like your preseason has come along nicely.

for what its worth, im not associated with a zl club anymore. too old.

anfield
13-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Last nights trial results
Tenambit v dudley
First grade 1-1
Reserves 1-1

Dudley had the better of play and some good chances in first grade and should have won. Tenambit were the better team in reserves and should have won that game

forzaviola
15-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Last nights trial results
Tenambit v dudley
First grade 1-1
Reserves 1-1

Dudley had the better of play and some good chances in first grade and should have won. Tenambit were the better team in reserves and should have won that game

how many ex zpl players did tenambit have?

Chocolate Thunda 23
15-03-2015, 08:06 PM
New Lambton vs Hunter Simba (ZL2) on Friday night
Reserves 2-2 draw
Firsts 1-2 loss

Really good test for our boys against the Simba boys.
Quick and looked to move the ball around. Really fun trial in both grades. Firsts were unlucky not to share the points.
Simba will feature come finals time in ZL2.

anfield
15-03-2015, 08:07 PM
how many ex zpl players did tenambit have?

They had 11 players on the field at any given time. Hows that????????

hawk
15-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Hawk aka " the phantom" doesn't matter where you are or where you are playing, he will be there with a comment, generally positive, always constructive.

:wink: gotto love the trials & tribs of local football. get to meet a lot of top blokes along the way.

Now back to banter.

WFC_ZL
17-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Wallsend FC

Wallsend FC ZL3 are looking for a few more players for the upcoming season. Both 1st and reserve grade quality players welcome. Training is currently at federal park Wallsend Tuesday and Thurdays starting at 6:15pm. We have a good core squad of players and are looking to have a competitive season. If you have any questions please message me or email wallsendfc.zl@gmail.com.

dana
19-03-2015, 02:08 PM
Wallsend FC

Wallsend FC ZL3 are looking for a few more players for the upcoming season. Both 1st and reserve grade quality players welcome. Training is currently at federal park Wallsend Tuesday and Thurdays starting at 6:15pm. We have a good core squad of players and are looking to have a competitive season. If you have any questions please message me or email wallsendfc.zl@gmail.com.

How are you guys going...?
Rumors are stating you may pull out of the league due to lack of numbers ?
Say that it ain't true...
You'll be a big loss to the competition.

WFC_ZL
19-03-2015, 03:06 PM
How are you guys going...?
Rumors are stating you may pull out of the league due to lack of numbers ?
Say that it ain't true...
You'll be a big loss to the competition.

We are doing everything we can to get the last couple of players sorted.
None of us want to drop out of the comp that's for sure. The guys we do have are keen as for the season.

dana
19-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Oh... OK... Good luck
Keep us updated....

forzaviola
19-03-2015, 10:49 PM
I know it might seem too simple but have you thought about having players play between AA and L3 reserves when they can? if you have any friday night AA players or AA players who play early in the day, they can fill in for you. Same with juniors. Approach your club and ask about the legalities. It would be terrible if you dropped out.

Dobbo
20-03-2015, 11:10 AM
Spoke with Newcastle Football today and we at Wallsend wont be dropping out of the competition.
We now have enough numbers with a couple of multi registered players.
Now we just have to try and get up to speed in the short space of time before the season starts as we don't want to start poorly.
I know it isn't the correct place on the forum to ask but if any teams are after a trial game before the start of the season we are keen.

Irish
20-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Great News you guys are still in...
Hope the multi rego players works out for you guys.

:thumbsup:

Dobbo
20-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Thanks mate, we only have 4 multi's so it should be all good, only needed them to get to the 28.

Jnr Animal
23-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Merewether Advance (ZL2) is after a reserve grade keeper as our original keeper has decided not to play this year. Obviously if any keeper is keen and wants to push for 1st grade keeper, we're happy for health competition for positions! Any interested players or knowledge of any keepers the please inbox me. Cheers

dana
25-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Merewether Advance (ZL3) ??

Aren't you ZL2 ? or have you dropped down a division ?

Jnr Animal
25-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Typo* cheers Dana

lookingforateam
28-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Does any team still need players?

The roosta
28-03-2015, 04:06 PM
Kurri in zl2 are still chasing a few players if your interested good bunch of blokes and a great sponsor

lookingforateam
29-03-2015, 02:26 AM
Thanks but a bit too far for me to travel for training. Looking for somewhere within 10 km of cardiff heights.

WFC_ZL
29-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Does any team still need players?

Wallsend are still looking for a couple more if you are interested

anfield
29-03-2015, 11:02 AM
I heard barnsley zpl released a few players that were looking at going back to all age as they had too many.

lookingforateam
29-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Wallsend are still looking for a couple more if you are interested

Did they train last Tuesday? I drove down that way to Federal park near the pool but could not see anyone. Well there was one team but they looked too young to be z pl 3.

WFC_ZL
29-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Did they train last Tuesday? I drove down that way to Federal park near the pool but could not see anyone. Well there was one team but they looked too young to be z pl 3.

We didnt end up training tuesday. We will be training this tuesday. At this stage federal park but we will be moving to Wallsend oval soon. If you want any more details pm me or email wallsendfc.zl@gmail.com

Charman
01-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Season is getting close guys, anyone bold enough to make final ladder predictions for a bit of fun? Purely a guess but it may spark some discussion.
1- New Lambton
2- Mayfield
3- RAAF
4- Dudley (yes, I expect a big improvement this year)
5- Kahibah
6- Edgeworth
7- Abermain
8- Wallsend
9- Jesmond (sorry Jesso, had to put someone last)

WFC_ZL
01-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Discussion is good..... it will be an interesting season with the new clubs involved. Who knows at this stage how it will pan out. Going off pre season talk and a bit on knowledge about the teams heres my prediction.

1- New Lambton
2- Wallsend
3- Kahibah
4- RAAF
5- Mayfield
6- Dudley
7- Edgeworth
8- Jesmond
9- Abermain

forzaviola
01-04-2015, 05:43 PM
1- RAAF
2- New Lambton
3- Kahibah
4- Wallsend
5- Edgeworth
6- Abermain
7- Mayfield
8- Jesmond
9- Bye
10- Dudley

Ranger-86
01-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Season is getting close guys, anyone bold enough to make final ladder predictions for a bit of fun? Purely a guess but it may spark some discussion.
1- New Lambton
2- Mayfield
3- RAAF
4- Dudley (yes, I expect a big improvement this year)
5- Kahibah
6- Edgeworth
7- Abermain
8- Wallsend
9- Jesmond (sorry Jesso, had to put someone last)

Can tell you kahibah will be extremely competitive in both grades. The pushed us in 1sts and beat out rez last weekend.

Supersub
01-04-2015, 08:10 PM
New lambton
Wallsend
Kahibah
Edge worth
Mayfield
Raff
Dudley
Jeso
Abermain

anfield
02-04-2015, 10:18 AM
1- RAAF
2- New Lambton
3- Kahibah
4- Wallsend
5- Edgeworth
6- Abermain
7- Mayfield
8- Jesmond
9- Bye
10- Dudley

Wow forzavolia or voilet is it? Back to your best, dudley behind the bye. I still think you are in hiding, im guessing your one of the following?

* current player with another zl3 team possibly a new team, maybe new lambton or kahibah?

*former dudley player?

*Or someone that hates dudley itself? Possibly someone that wanted to live in dudley area or use the beaches at dudley or redhead and was never socialy accepted there?

One of those 3 I reckon???

anfield
02-04-2015, 12:07 PM
For the record. Predictions

1-Raaf
2-New Lambton
3-Wallsend
4-Dudley
5-Mayfield
6-Kahibah
7-Edgeworth
8-Jesmond
9- Abermain

Very difficult to rate form on new teams. New lambron look strong. Wallsend and Kahibah will benefit from having higher league teams and experience in ranks. Raaf have had many trials and their results have been good. Mayfield could be bolters given their finish last year. Edgeworth will be competitive. Unsure on jesmond and abermain, hence their predictions finish.

Charman
02-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Can tell you kahibah will be extremely competitive in both grades. The pushed us in 1sts and beat out rez last weekend.
Yeah, I wasn't sure what was happening as far as being stripped of players for higher grade, only reason I had em there.

Irish
02-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Hey boys,

Those playing against Edgeworth, there has been fixture changes due to their home ground been double booked.
Might want to check with yer managers to confirm, but this was sent to clubs....

League 3 - Edgeworth Oval

9/5/2015 v Kahibah MOVED to Sunday 10/5/15 – 1.15pm/3.00pm.
30/5/2015 v Jesmond MOVED to Sunday 30/5/15 – 1.15pm/3.00pm.
27/6/2015 v RAAF MOVED to Sunday 27/6/15 – 1.15pm/3.00pm.
11/7/2015 v Mayfield Jnr – Res 1.30pm, 1st 3.15pm
1/8/2015 v New Lambton – Res 3.30pm, 1st 5.15pm.

forzaviola
03-04-2015, 12:43 AM
Wow forzavolia or voilet is it? Back to your best, dudley behind the bye. I still think you are in hiding, im guessing your one of the following?

* current player with another zl3 team possibly a new team, maybe new lambton or kahibah?

*former dudley player?

*Or someone that hates dudley itself? Possibly someone that wanted to live in dudley area or use the beaches at dudley or redhead and was never socialy accepted there?

One of those 3 I reckon???

correct, it is violet, in italian. if you know football, you know. if you don't, you support liverpool. its a little saying i have.

a conglomerate of all three, or maybe a mixture of two? definitely not one. you decide.

Charman
11-04-2015, 06:38 PM
Dudley vs Jesmond.
Res 5-1 to Dudley
1st 3-1 to Dudley
Looks like we beat the bye Fuzzyvulva.
Both games played in pretty good spirit, pitch was quite good too. Good first round effort from a new team in ZL3.

Eggs
12-04-2015, 01:15 PM
New Lambton v Mayfield
Res 1-0 to Mayfield
1st 3-2 to New Lambton (Mayfield were 2-1 up with about 10 minutes to go)

Pretty evenly contested in both grades.

WFC_ZL
12-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Wallsend vs Kahibah @ The Gardens

Res - 2 all
Overall if Wallsend could have finished there chances they would have won.

1st 3 - 2 to Wallsend
2 keeping mistakes, one from each side had the game at 1 all. A scrappy goal from Kahibah put them up 2-1. A few minutes later back to 2 all with a screamer from outside the box. Not too much longer Wallsend up 3-2 with a header from a corner.

Great hard fought game from Kahibah. Wouldnt expect anything less from the battles we have had over the last few seasons in ZL1 and ZPL. Will do well this season. Good luck for the year boys.

beersfc
12-04-2015, 08:28 PM
As an old **** with a drinking problem no i couldn't do better I am not a football player anymore I am a drinker.

That reserve game I agree with the above poster.

First grade before I comment on the game Wallsend that was a terrible act of sportsmanship . Their player went down for about 5 minutes near play . Everyone could see him but they continued to try and score instead of kicking the ball out. Fair enough it is their player right? But Kahibah stole the ball put a threw ball through. The guy was on a break away and only then Wallsend appealed to the ref to stop play and he did. Why didn't you stop for your own player while you had the chance? To make it worse the guy then got up and played on. Kahibah was robbed at the chance to go up 2-0 and that was the game. Can you explain that WFC ZL.

2 'screamers' for Wallsend were from to far out and at the keepers head and he almost ducked to miss them. I am not sure if bad day for the keeper or he always plays like that.

Both teams will go good in first grade. Not sure about reserves it was an ugly game to watch.

beersfc
12-04-2015, 09:33 PM
New lambton
Wallsend
Kahibah
Edge worth
Mayfield
Raff
Dudley
Jeso
Abermain

1. The Lambton of new - Team to beat.
2. Dudley- I watched the FFA cup game vs Mayfield and I to would have put them behind the bye but I was told that was their reserve side. I heard a rumour they signed most of Dudley reserves Zpl now if this was true Dudley Zpl reserves are quality after watching them play mayf last season and they would walk this comp? But Im guessing it's just half the team from this forum banter?
3. Mayfield - Hopefully #1 but had a good crack at the team to beat and will finish much higher than last season that's all I will say
4.Wallsend - This is just of today never seen them or Kahibah play and I am giving them the edge as they won the game.
5.Kahibah- explained above.
6.Raaf - Comp has improved from last season only reason for this rank.
7.Edgie- Could suprise as two all age teams come up.
8. Jezo - Lost to last years spooners have an 8th.
9. Abermain- You guys could come first, Could come last no idea Is there even a football pitch in Abermain. Does Abermain even exist? In a town were thugby is prominent I have no clue what to expect and I've thrown you last because I am not going there to watch football. But get up there win the comp and stick a finger up at me while you do it!

hawk
13-04-2015, 02:23 PM
correct, it is violet, in italian. if you know football, you know. if you don't, you support liverpool. its a little saying i have.

a conglomerate of all three, or maybe a mixture of two? definitely not one. you decide.

might be time to shut the hole now before the stupidity is too much

King
13-04-2015, 03:45 PM
I watched the NL game. Ressies should have been 8-1. Mayfield were awful and NL looked sharp but couldnt finish. If they click, they will be hard to beat. As for 1st Mayfield look better than last year and scored a dubious 1st and a bomb second. NL looked good at times but really flat mostly and literally uninterested. Whatever the coach said at half time must have been good as they rolled home. They are certainly a favourite. My question , who are they? Not ex Eagles that I can see? Their juniors are massive but surely not juniors??

hawk
13-04-2015, 04:12 PM
I watched the NL game. Ressies should have been 8-1. Mayfield were awful and NL looked sharp but couldnt finish. If they click, they will be hard to beat. As for 1st Mayfield look better than last year and scored a dubious 1st and a bomb second. NL looked good at times but really flat mostly and literally uninterested. Whatever the coach said at half time must have been good as they rolled home. They are certainly a favourite. My question , who are they? Not ex Eagles that I can see? Their juniors are massive but surely not juniors??

New senior club originating out of the junior club. They are not the eagles but the juniors do use novos and Alder pk

King
13-04-2015, 05:04 PM
I heard they are tight with The Eagles and separate but using Alder on alternate weeks Apparently the juniors have grown 700 members in 4 years. Thats a friggin juggernaut. Their roster looks very tidy, I just wasnt sure how a team comes from nowhere to be favourites. Salary Cap in ZL3!!! Long season though.

hawk
13-04-2015, 08:11 PM
I heard they are tight with The Eagles and separate but using Alder on alternate weeks Apparently the juniors have grown 700 members in 4 years. Thats a friggin juggernaut. Their roster looks very tidy, I just wasnt sure how a team comes from nowhere to be favourites. Salary Cap in ZL3!!! Long season though.

They also had several AA teams

beersfc
13-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Their roster looks very tidy, I just wasnt sure how a team comes from nowhere to be favourites. Salary Cap in ZL3!!! Long season though.[/QUOTE]

Well in trials and ffa cup while some zl3 league teams were getting beaten by 100 goals. They were sticking it to zpl squads that Is why!

anfield
14-04-2015, 09:39 AM
One thing for sure is that this comp will be very hard fought at the top end. New Lambton appear early favourites, credit to them for putting together a strong squad. Im sure raaf, wallsend, kahibah, mayfield and hopefully dudley will be pushing them hard.

Raaf have had plenty of trials, so expect them to hit the ground running this weekend. Mayfield finished as strong as anyone last year, so If they repeat that then they will be strong. Kahibah and wallsend will have zpl experience, so they should perform strongly. Hard to judge dudley yet, trial form
was patchy and still havnt had great numbers available as yet.

As for Edgeworth, Abermain and Jesmond. Their goals should be to be competitive. Im sure 1 or 2 might suprise and push for a semi spot. But it's a good comp, establishing yourself and building for season 2 would is important.

Bring on week 2.

WFC_ZL
16-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Round 2 Predictions

Still a little early to judge teams on form and ability, but going off 1st round results here goes

Abermain vs Jesmond - Draw
Mayfield vs Kahibah
RAAF vs Edgeworth
Dudley vs New Lambton - Draw
Wallsend vs BYE

Eggs
16-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Round 2 Predictions

Still a little early to judge teams on form and ability, but going off 1st round results here goes

Abermain vs Jesmond - Draw
Mayfield vs Kahibah
RAAF vs Edgeworth
Dudley vs New Lambton - Draw
Wallsend vs BYE

I'd say you've got 2 out of 5. RAAF and the BYE

NLFCZL
17-04-2015, 12:31 AM
One thing for sure is that this comp will be very hard fought at the top end. New Lambton appear early favourites, credit to them for putting together a strong squad. Im sure raaf, wallsend, kahibah, mayfield and hopefully dudley will be pushing them hard.

Raaf have had plenty of trials, so expect them to hit the ground running this weekend. Mayfield finished as strong as anyone last year, so If they repeat that then they will be strong. Kahibah and wallsend will have zpl experience, so they should perform strongly. Hard to judge dudley yet, trial form
was patchy and still havnt had great numbers available as yet.

As for Edgeworth, Abermain and Jesmond. Their goals should be to be competitive. Im sure 1 or 2 might suprise and push for a semi spot. But it's a good comp, establishing yourself and building for season 2 would is important.

Bring on week 2.

Going to be an interesting competition thats for sure. As for this weekend, we have no less than 7 first graders out with long term injuries already. This board has given us the curse.

Thus from now on I motion that we label whoever is playing NLFC on the weekend be instilled as the new comp faves, might bring the injury levels back to even across the board.

To be honest im just happy footballs back.

anfield
17-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Going to be an interesting competition thats for sure. As for this weekend, we have no less than 7 first graders out with long term injuries already. This board has given us the curse.

Thus from now on I motion that we label whoever is playing NLFC on the weekend be instilled as the new comp faves, might bring the injury levels back to even across the board.

To be honest im just happy footballs back.

Dudley have 8 players out of squad and looking thin numbers wise. So I think number issues are more widespread then one side. Same issue for us in week 1, but it didnt stop us getting results in 2 grades.

anfield
17-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Dudley are looking for another player to boost ranks. After having too many at the start of season and releasing players, Injuries have taken it's toll. If anyone is interested or knows of anyone, please pm me.

Charman
18-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Dudley v NL

RES 0-1, fair result, NL dominated possession 1st half and scored from a pen (it was a pen) Tough game, physical but fair, Dudley much better in 2nd half and could have drawn although NL hit the post off a 25mtr free kick.
1st 2-1, again fair result, NL scored from a pen (again a fair pen) decent game without reaching great heights. 7 or 8 guys out but every team every week will be in a similar boat.

I think Edgie beat RAAF in res 2-1? and RAAF beat edgie in 1st 7-5??? WTF?

beersfc
18-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Kahibah mayfield 3-1 firsts 9-0 ressies both To kahibah.

King
18-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Kahibah showed today that they will be very strong at this level. 3-1 flattered Mayfield. Mayfield Reserves had their day in the sun last week and their luck has gone. I heard from an ex Dudley boy at the Dudley game that NL absolutely outclassed Dudley for 60 mins on the worst surface in history but Dudley absorbed it all and hit them off a cheap shot from 20m that maybe took a touch and a long ball misread in defence. NL look good at times but need to play like graded players. Well deserved Dudley. Same story as last week for the new boys.

anfield
19-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Kahibah showed today that they will be very strong at this level. 3-1 flattered Mayfield. Mayfield Reserves had their day in the sun last week and their luck has gone. I heard from an ex Dudley boy at the Dudley game that NL absolutely outclassed Dudley for 60 mins on the worst surface in history but Dudley absorbed it all and hit them off a cheap shot from 20m that maybe took a touch and a long ball misread in defence. NL look good at times but need to play like graded players. Well deserved Dudley. Same story as last week for the new boys.

Not sure about your ex-dudley source's theory on the game or your ex dudley source full stop? Easy to use the ex whoever source. The earlier post about game appeared very accurate to me.

Maybe your source had a little bit to drink? Or was he watching a different game? One thing he got close, The ground was poor. Absolutely outclassed and dudley absorbing all that pressure, please. NL only got on the board with a pen (same in ressies) Alot of talk around, points are what counts.

NL did deserve ressies win. Totally dominant in first half but only managed a couple of serious chances.Dudley were poor first half, but had the chances to at least score one.

Hats of to the refs, had alot of pressure put on them in both games . Stood firm, got all the big calls right. No need for NL player to clearly label referee in ressies game which was heard by many. No need for those comments, lucky to get away with it.

NLFCZL
19-04-2015, 01:03 PM
The games were both very even and well contested, I think dudley will win a lot of games out at Liles due to that surface, and all power to them, thats a part of football at all levels (check out sheffield united or blackpool for example).

Number 3 in the midfield in 1sts for dudley was very off the pace and lucky not to get a yellow for repeated infringements in fouling trying to keep up with play. Intelligent decision by the dudley coach to sub him and it paid off as they sprung to life.

I think you will find those words from the nl ressies player were aimed at your ressies side, not the referee, as that nl player had been instrumental in getting the ball over the sideline each time one of your players went down (and then back to you from the drop ball), only for you not to return the favour when his foot went down in one of the liles gopher holes. The referee actually apologised to him at full time for not pulling it up.

Teams heading out to liles should be aware that there are literal holes in the ground, and the grass is at times ankle height due to the softness of the pitch.

Overall the club as a whole put on a nice away day and those volunteering in the canteen were helpful with ice etc as always.

Some interesting results around the league too, this year is going to be very well contested.

King
19-04-2015, 02:29 PM
The key to a good source is protecting anonymity and if I played ZL3 for Dudley I would want to remain amonymous also. He says NL looked good but good looks doesnt win games at this level and Dudley couldnt string 2 passes together but took their chances. Dont shoot the messenger anfield. I am red!

beersfc
19-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Nl vs dudley zl3 forum banter. When do one of you guys play wallsend or kahibah then we will have more of an idea where this comp is heading. Dudley the new favourites must have gutted half their squad.Amazing what trials can do to a squad. Just curious who here had trials in zl3 and who was scraping for numbers?

NLFCZL
19-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Nl vs dudley zl3 forum banter. When do one of you guys play wallsend or kahibah then we will have more of an idea where this comp is heading. Dudley the new favourites must have gutted half their squad.Amazing what trials can do to a squad. Just curious who here had trials in zl3 and who was scraping for numbers?

everyone loves the forum banter. its second only to on field banter.

for the record, we had trials, however as the idea was hatched up by an all age side the requirement was that returning members of that all age team were all selected and the rest of the squad filled from trialists.

we do have a junior pool of more than 1000 now, so we're expecting more and more to choose from in the future. The ZL3 initiative was more a community based idea than anything else, we wanted a clear pathway and progression for our juniors to have somewhere to go to play senior graded football rather than quitting after 18s or having to go trial for another club after being here since u6s etc. IMO local football should always be community first before anything else.

NL vs Kahibah on friday night.

Dudley definitely have to wear the favourite tags now I think.

Buddha
20-04-2015, 10:41 AM
RAAF v Edgy
Res 2-2
1sts 7-5 RAAF

anfield
20-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Dudley favourites? Hardly, Wallsend and Kahibah results show that they are the 2 teams to beat. Dudley, Raaf and New Lambton will be thereabouts. As will Mayfield, They started slow last year and finished strongly.

Been a different forum this year, A
fair bit of roasting and a touch of comedy. We at dudley have been at the bottom (2014), Hopefully we will continue to improve and get some results. We respect all teams, Thanks New Lambton for the praise and yes I do agree the field was terrible. Hopefully that was the only game on that field this year, Ground has been in the hands of the council not our club.

I will also say well done to New Lambton in putting together a quality squad for season 1( I will toast as oppose to roast). You may have the eagles concerned down the track. Its difficult for clubs get a foothold in zone leagues, association may have to look at this as there has been some big scorelines in all zone leagues so far this season. Its important that clubs are sustainable, success is important for this in somes cases.

Eggs
20-04-2015, 03:52 PM

3-1 flattered Mayfield? You must have been watching the game one-eyed! Mayfield were the better team by a long shot in the 1st half, and just faded in the 2nd.

Dobbo
23-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Email from Newcastle football about rescheduling this weekends games.

Sorry for the quality, didn't have time to add it properly so just took a screen shot

King
23-04-2015, 10:52 AM
3-1 flattered Mayfield? You must have been watching the game one-eyed! Mayfield were the better team by a long shot in the 1st half, and just faded in the 2nd.
Maybe the fact that they pumped it long at every chance gave you the impression that Mayfield were good? 3-1 suggests that they were well off the pace (unnless you are Phil Stubbins).

NUGUNS
23-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Email from Newcastle football about rescheduling this weekends games.

Sorry for the quality, didn't have time to add it properly so just took a screen shot

Good to see Mayfield got the bye rescheduled.

shark attack
24-04-2015, 10:29 PM
if mayfield can score more points than coals conceded they will be a chance , come on mayfield , how many years in zone league 3 , how many teams have joined zone league 3 and are now in zone league 2 , 1 or premier league. one day lol.

Eggs
26-04-2015, 01:58 PM
if mayfield can score more points than coals conceded they will be a chance , come on mayfield , how many years in zone league 3 , how many teams have joined zone league 3 and are now in zone league 2 , 1 or premier league. one day lol.

Wow. I thought I was writing on the ZL3 thread, not the "Hating on Mayfield" page.

beersfc
26-04-2015, 06:43 PM
they have constantly promoted teams to fill higher grades. How many earnt promotion by winning? not many.. if shark attack is tenembit sharks they didn't earn promotion by winning last year either so chill out hey.

Charman
30-04-2015, 01:03 PM
2 weeks without football = no good. C'mon mother nature, please be kind, let us on this weekend.

Charman
02-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Maybe the weirdest football day ever. Senior ref arrived late, 2 other refs were determined to call games off. Senior ref arrives, game on, then game off, then game on, then game off, then after much protest game on. Ruled at 1.20, resssies 35 min halves. Field f--ken wet, smell of effluent in the air. God damn fun to play. Slide tackle = free kick.
Anyhow - Dudley win res 3-2, tough game in trying conditions. Well done to old fella "steve" who scored putting RAAF up 1-0, he is 52! Top stuff from our boys holding their heads high, last year we would have lost this game by 3. Great effort from both teams considering. RAAF came out fighting in second half but Dudley boys hung tough.
1st Dudley 4-1, score reflects the game, Dudley handled the conditions better and played a shorter sharper passing game. Dudley lucky not to be down to 10 in the first 5 mins due to a hand ball on the line but RAAF scored so the pen obsolete and fella stayed on! Dudley continue to display massive improvement from last year. Wont mention names but CB continues to dominate and has scored every game, quality player. What a blessing we now do not have the make up game. It appears RAAF wil do whatever they can to play home games as they do not have lights so SAT/SUN is their only option for make up games.

anfield
03-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Agree , what a farce. Games should have never been played. Player safety was comprimised. Lucky no serious injuries occured, otherwise some questions might have been raised. Decisons on grounds should never come down to if the club has ability to host catch up games. So if you are playing up at Tomago and an East Coast Low forms, buy some flippers and a snorkell and pack them for the trip.

hawk
03-05-2015, 12:12 PM
geez, a game was played and not at NBay.

since when has Tomago been Raaf home pitch.

Drunken ranger
03-05-2015, 01:35 PM
geez, a game was played and not at NBay.

since when has Tomago been Raaf home pitch.

Terrace got on yesterday too bone dry the pitch

Geemo
03-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Watched the games at tomago if you call it that. Raaf should be held accountable for forcing games in appalling conditions. Dudley deserves credit in both games. 1st grade played in slush conditions. Took their chances well. Made the beers more enjoyable from clubhouse. Dudley has to take favourites tag from what i've seen.

Thomas477
03-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Watched the games at tomago if you call it that. Raaf should be held accountable for forcing games in appalling conditions. Dudley deserves credit in both games. 1st grade played in slush conditions. Took their chances well. Made the beers more enjoyable from clubhouse. Dudley has to take favourites tag from what i've seen.

Refs have final call, not just RAAF's fault. Blame the ref if you're not happy, he has final say.

King
04-05-2015, 08:28 AM
Watched the games at tomago if you call it that. Raaf should be held accountable for forcing games in appalling conditions. Dudley deserves credit in both games. 1st grade played in slush conditions. Took their chances well. Made the beers more enjoyable from clubhouse. Dudley has to take favourites tag from what i've seen. Football was the loser then? If RAAF cant host mid week replays, the joint zones would simply move them. There is no reason to force a game to be played. I am intrigued about the short sharp passing comment. Have Dudley replaced their entire squad?

beersfc
06-05-2015, 01:22 AM
Have Dudley replaced their entire squad?[/QUOTE]

look threw earlier posts they were bragging about the new recruits!

beersfc
06-05-2015, 03:49 AM
Here is the match report on new lambton zl3s facebook page from the game against dudley.

Two hard fought matches on a surface of similar quality to Awaba tip saw NL have another week of mixed results in their maiden season in ZL3.

After dominating possession in both grades, and looking the goods for most of both matches, the goals werent coming for NL who were hit on the counter by Dudleys hoof ball tactics, preventing a clean sweep of the points out at Liles Oval after Reserve Grade posted their first win of the season courtesy of a Carvajal penalty.

Dont agree with the favorites tag being taken new lambton?

Eggs
06-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Here is the match report on new lambton zl3s facebook page from the game against dudley.

Two hard fought matches on a surface of similar quality to Awaba tip saw NL have another week of mixed results in their maiden season in ZL3.

After dominating possession in both grades, and looking the goods for most of both matches, the goals werent coming for NL who were hit on the counter by Dudleys hoof ball tactics, preventing a clean sweep of the points out at Liles Oval after Reserve Grade posted their first win of the season courtesy of a Carvajal penalty.

Dont agree with the favorites tag being taken new lambton?

Whoever writes the post for that page deserves a literary award. They certainly know how to wax lyrical about an underperforming side.

hawk
09-05-2015, 12:12 AM
Whoever writes the post for that page deserves a literary award. They certainly know how to wax lyrical about an underperforming side.

oh no. a club has a biased game day website. war

Most teams usually do this at the pub after a game.

Buddha
10-05-2015, 02:17 PM
RAAF v Abermain
Res 3-1 RAAF
1sts 4-2 RAAF

WFC_ZL
10-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Wallsend v Dudley at Dudley

Ressies 3-0 Wallsend

1st Grade 7 - 4 Dudley

2 all at halftime after a fairly even half. Its as if we didnt come out of the sheds for the 2nd half. Dudley came out firing and took it to us. They wanted it more and it showed. Congrats to Dudley on the win. Current benchmark for the competition.

Geemo
10-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Wallsend v Dudley at Dudley

Ressies 3-0 Wallsend

1st Grade 7 - 4 Dudley

2 all at halftime after a fairly even half. Its as if we didnt come out of the sheds for the 2nd half. Dudley came out firing and took it to us. They wanted it more and it showed. Congrats to Dudley on the win. Current benchmark for the competition.

How good is sunday zl3 football. A breakaway from the normal. So i ventured to watch dudley v wallsend since the game was postponed. And lets be honest. The ref has tried his best to control the outcome of both grades. Not even watchin raaf play yest provided so much entertainment. A pen in each game to wallsend that lets be honest would struggle to provide a free kick in any other game. God knows how many free kicks. And a bucketload of yellows/reds should have been given to both teams once the ref lost control. But back to the football. Reserve grade was a shut out to wallsend. Geez they looked good. 1st grade. Dudley took a long time to settle. Scored 2 against the run of play. But once settled made wallsend look underdone and flat for entire 2nd half. Both dudley CB and both ST looked immense. After what ive seen i hope the chance arises to watch some more zl3. Always good to know your competition

King
11-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Ressie 3 Kahibah - 1 Edgeworth
firsts 1 kahibah -2 Edgeworth
Did Kahibah have a few Moovin and Groovin??? They were disappointing against mid level AA opposition. Edgeworth wont be a threat to the top 4.

Charman
11-05-2015, 08:28 AM
Contender for REF's quote of the year, Dudley v Wallsend ressies. He blew a penalty for a deadest 50/50 challenge. His comment - "I wouldn't have blown the whistle if I had of known it was inside the box, sorry"

anfield
11-05-2015, 12:42 PM
Contender for REF's quote of the year, Dudley v Wallsend ressies. He blew a penalty for a deadest 50/50 challenge. His comment - "I wouldn't have blown the whistle if I had of known it was inside the box, sorry"

I dont like to bag refs, but that ref needs to learn that the game is not about him. He also needs to learn that he is refereeing football not netball. So much time waisted talking crap to players, hard to get respect. 2 crap penalties to wallsend in firsts and ressies that could have had an affect, but luckily didnt.

Dobbo
12-05-2015, 04:15 PM
The Round 4 catch up game between Wallsend FC and Jesmond has been scheduled for next Wednesday the 20th of May at 6:30 and 8:15 @ Wallsend oval.

Charman
16-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Reserves kahibah 2 jesmond 0 firsts kahibah 5 jesmond 1. jesmond there own worst enemy alot of pushing and shoving between own players game held up a few times thought for sure there would be a in club brawl between themselves.

Interesting match up next week dudley v kahibah.

Charman
16-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Dudley v mayfield
Res 2-0 dudley, not exagerating when i say dudley should have won by 6 + cannot finish but important win. Decent game, ref copped no shit.
1st 2-2. Uneventful match, dudley keeper 2 errors, shame but every keeper has a bad day. Dudley should have put 4 past em but to mayfields credit they hung tough and got an outcome they would be happy with.

WFC_ZL
17-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Wallsend v Abermain

Ressies: 2-1 Wallsend
1st Grade: 4-1 Wallsend

beersfc
20-05-2015, 04:06 PM
Interesting match up next week dudley v kahibah.

Heard the kahibahs training was called of because nobody attended last night lol. I think dudley and wallsend are the teams to beat.

WFC_ZL
20-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Wallsend v Jesmond

Ressies: 6-0 Wallsend
1st Grade: 7-2 Wallsend

Chocolate Thunda 23
21-05-2015, 03:03 PM
Wallsend v Jesmond

Ressies: 6-0 Wallsend
1st Grade: 7-2 Wallsend

New competition favourites, Jesmond for the spoon?

Eggs
21-05-2015, 05:00 PM

Could be a battle between Jesmond & Abermain. I'd throw Mayfield in the mix, but they always seem to come good in the second half of the season. Tonight will be a telling match Mayfield v Edgy.

WFC_ZL
21-05-2015, 08:47 PM

I think going off of form Dudley would have to be favourites. Kahibah are strong and I wouldnt write off New Lambton, they may have not have had the strongest start but they are a well drilled and structured team from whats been seen. We are just happy to get a run of games going finally. Playing the 1st round then having the bye and then 2 weeks of washouts was not a good Way to get the season started.

Eggs
21-05-2015, 11:04 PM
Tonight's results

Res 10-1 Edgeworth. That pretty much sums it up.

1sts 2-2. Mayfield 2-0 down at halftime and came home strong. Mayfield had enough opportunities to win comfortably, but the referee didn't help. Edgy player already on a yellow takes a guy down in the box (and was the last man). Ref says I won't give you a yellow because you've already got one. Love the quality of ZL3 referees!

anfield
22-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Still early days. Simba and cooks hill were hot favourites last year and kurri stormed home to win.
It doesnt look good for games tommorow. One thing is for sure , If I was wallsend I would be ready to play. Raaf will play rain, hail , shine or flood.

onlooker
22-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Still early days. Simba and cooks hill were hot favourites last year and kurri stormed home to win.
It doesnt look good for games tommorow. One thing is for sure , If I was wallsend I would be ready to play. Raaf will play rain, hail , shine or flood.
Kurri didn't storm home and win anything, simba won the comp with games to go and we're favourite from start to finish. I guess Kurri won the novelty of the grand final but that's all it is a novelty it really don't mean much in the long run.

NLFCZL
22-05-2015, 04:08 PM
NLFC vs Edgeworth likely to be called off already. Alder Park was already pretty damaged from the Eagles playing there last week, plans were in place for a bunch of the squad to be up at the crack of dawn to sand the trouble spots on Saturday but this looks futile now with todays rain. Will know the verdict tonight.

Yep, RAAF will play in a monsoon (last week) or in a superstorm (dudley game). Suits them fine, the balls are plastic kmart balls, and the away shed is more akin to the 'showers' in a certain polish 'work camp'. Be prepared if you go up there, im still finding mud in places I didnt know existed.

BP Super Dynamos
22-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Pack your insect repellent when playing @ Tomato. The mozzies around the sheds are the size of fruit bats

NLFCZL
22-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Our game is off tomorrow. Anyone on here from Edgeworth? We want to reschedule for this midweek coming up. We have gone through NF but this will be faster if we can make it happen.

anfield
23-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Kurri didn't storm home and win anything, simba won the comp with games to go and we're favourite from start to finish. I guess Kurri won the novelty of the grand final but that's all it is a novelty it really don't mean much in the long run.

Well kurri did win something, the grand Final. Minor premiership and promotion is one thing, but you cant say it's everything. Grand Finals in all divisions and levels in Australia are the biggest day for respective competions.

Charman
23-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Attention Kahibah boys (2leftfeet?) Can you message me your coach or managers number? Have tried to call Daniel but no response. We are looking to reschedule todays game asap before the AA guys book the ground.
Obviously from DRUFC.

WFC_ZL
23-05-2015, 06:18 PM
RAAF v Wallsend @ Tomago

Ressies: Wallsend 4-2
Another good win for the boys to keep the momentum going.

1st Grade: Wallsend 5-4
Well what to say about this game but wow. RAAF were up 3-0 within 10 minutes. We looked flat and tired from the midweek catchup game. Couldnt get the ball in midfield and everytime it was given away RAAF broke forward with speed cutting us apart. A formation change and early sub paid dividends and had it back to 3-2 at halftime.

2nd half the RAAF were still in control but we were better at soaking up the pressure. A ball lost in midfield and a quick ball through had the RAAF back in front at 4-2 and looked like shutting the game out. All credit to our boys though. We dug in and with about 15 to go pulled one back with a break down the right and cross to the far stick for a header into the top corner. 8 minutes to go managed to equalise again with another break out wide our player cutting in and squaring it up for the striker to take a touch and finish. Our striker was then sent for a 2nd yellow but with about 2 to go a cleared ball from defence found our 2nď striker one on one with a defender, turned him inside on the edge of the box and put the ball away for the winner.

RAAF definitely have the quality to hurt teams and they play some nice football. Goodluck for the season.

WFC_ZL
30-05-2015, 05:47 PM
New Lambton v Wallsend

Ressies: 1-0 New Lambton
1st Grade: 0-0

Buddha
30-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Raaf won res 1-0 and firsts 2-1 against Mayfield

hawk
31-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Kahibah vs abadaire 6-0 win ressies 2-2 draw first grade

abawhere?

namwob99
01-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Abamain is it we have all called it the first name. Few rounds in now whos still confident on gaining promotion ?
Abermain* mate!!

WFC_ZL
01-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Abamain is it we have all called it the first name. Few rounds in now whos still confident on gaining promotion ?

Still hard to call at this stage with catch ups to be completed to complete the 1st half of the season. A few injuries can change a clubs season pretty quickly. At this stage Dudley is looking the team to beat for that top spot though.

NLFCZL
03-06-2015, 11:48 PM
NLFC vs Edgeworth

Res: 3-2 NL
Firsts: 2-0 NL

Charman
06-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Dudley vs Edgie
1st 2-0 Dudley
Res 3-1 Dudley
First grade Dudley pretty much in control, Edgie could have hit first with a quick break only to push the shot wide. Dudley then created the next few real chances and took one. Pretty fair result vs a very competitive team with some quality young lads, quite nippy.
Res saw 2 pens to Dudley, they were pens as there was contact made but jeez they were soft, if they had of gone the other way I'd be pist! 2 reds given, 1 each team. 1 was 2nd yellow after reacting to being stomped about 6 times by the Edgie player, Dudley player took his shirt off and threw it on the ground before going off, 2nd red was a straight red for stomping on the Dudley player 6 times.
6 points today, well done lads.

NLFCZL
06-06-2015, 10:25 PM
NL vs Jesmond

Res: 1-0 NL
Firsts: 7-0 NL

anfield
07-06-2015, 09:31 AM
Kahibah vs raaf
firsts 4-0
reserves 0-0

With only 18 available lucky to have 4 all age lads come out to fill reserves squad. Reserves was a frustrating game our worst performance all season but we were still really unlucky not to score a fair few.
First grade- With 4-5 usual first grade starters out the lads responsible for many of the reserve grade goals this season made the move to firsts and played brilliant. The blokes coming back will have a fight for there spot after todays performance. Boys got up 2-0 fairly quick and never looked back. Very happy in the sheds.

Im not suprised that kahibah ressies players played well in firsts. I think there are one or two standouts in ressies that should have been in firsts anyway. Kahibah are a strong club, numbers appears to be an issue as it is with other clubs. You need at least 30 players in your squad with the ability to draw on players from all age to be competitive over the whole year.

WFC_ZL
07-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Wallsend v Mayfield

Ressies: 5-0 Wallsend
1st Grade: 3-1 Wallsend

Irish
09-06-2015, 08:19 AM
Kahibah vs raaf

Irish here, Manager of the Kahibah Squad.
At the weekend against the RAAF, I witnessed something special from one of the RAAF guys and just wanted to note it.
In the Ressie game, it was a close 0-0 battle and towards the end of the 1st half one of my guys shoulder was injured and causing him pain. (we also had no subs)
Leaving the field, one of the RAAF guys offer to strap up his shoulder so he could continue playing.
So at half time this RAAF guy took out some sports strapping tape from his own bag - the really good stuff, ya know that black sports tape you see the NRL guys wearing on TV, not the crappy brown stuff we all get from coles.
He used like half a roll too...
Not sure anyone else from any other club would have done this ... Was amazing, and just a touch of class.
And believe it not, after the game finished he also gave my guy an ice-pack from his bag.

If any RAAF guys read this forum, can you let me know your guys name and what he drinks and when you come to Kahibah ill have an ice-cold 6-pack of beer in the dressing room for this guy.

Thank you so much again, and really hope the RAAF go well this year.
Great bunch of players all round.

WFC_ZL
13-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Kahibah v Wallsend

1st Grade: 1-1

anfield
14-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Dudley v jesmond
First grade dudley 8-0
Ressies dudley 3-0

Jesmond only had around 16 for both games. Ressies score should have been alot more and first grade score balloned out towards the end when jesmond ran out of legs. Credit must go to the Jesmond guys that played, I hope they can fix their number problems up and finish the season well.

NLFCZL
14-06-2015, 01:12 PM
NLFC vs Mayf

Res 2-2
Firsts 7-1 NLFC

anfield
26-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Any news on how the grounds are looking for weekend with all the rain?

Roberju
26-06-2015, 05:28 PM
Alder not looking great. The boys have been down today to spread sand and sweep off excess water. will be back in morning and if have to will hand mow pitch like before our Wallsend game if needed (come up playable). Hopefully no more rain and we will try everything to play. Too many washouts.

NLFCZL
27-06-2015, 05:45 PM
New Lambton vs Dudley
Reserve Grade 3-2 to NL
First Grade 3-0 to NL

Just a reminder, not on dudley directly but we've had three home games now and each time this has happened, Alder Park has a liquor licence, so please don't be bringing your own eskies.

Firstly, it's against the law and puts us in a dangerous position.
Secondly, it takes money off local clubs. We always try to buy from a club if they have it when we go away, so it would be lovely if the favour was returned.

We'd been at the ground since 8am (and all day the day before) sawdusting, brooming, and sanding it so it wouldn't have to be called off today. Much thanks to any NLFC lads who read this. Long day, time for a few well earned beers.

Dudley lads, how is the bloke who went off? Injury looked nasty.

King
28-06-2015, 08:17 AM
New Lambton vs Dudley
Reserve Grade 3-2 to NL
First Grade 3-0 to NL

Just a reminder, not on dudley directly but we've had three home games now and each time this has happened, Alder Park has a liquor licence, so please don't be bringing your own eskies.

Firstly, it's against the law and puts us in a dangerous position.
Secondly, it takes money off local clubs. We always try to buy from a club if they have it when we go away, so it would be lovely if the favour was returned.

We'd been at the ground since 8am (and all day the day before) sawdusting, brooming, and sanding it so it wouldn't have to be called off today. Much thanks to any NLFC lads who read this. Long day, time for a few well earned beers.

Dudley lads, how is the bloke who went off? Injury looked nasty. Saw this game from the comfort of the bowlo. NL were dominant. They are well structured, technically good and seemingly well coached which means that their current coach must have learnt something over the years aside from kicking defenders and poaching goals off the hard work of others! Dudley had a few chances off a couple of errors but thats all. The NL keeper made some great saves and Dudley maybe deserved a goal but they were well beaten really. Are they first in this league? Not at Kahibah or NL level. Also whats with NL numbers? The Chelsea look works but the numbers makes them look like an NFL team!

Geemo
28-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Saw this game from the comfort of the bowlo. NL were dominant. They are well structured, technically good and seemingly well coached which means that their current coach must have learnt something over the years aside from kicking defenders and poaching goals off the hard work of others! Dudley had a few chances off a couple of errors but thats all. The NL keeper made some great saves and Dudley maybe deserved a goal but they were well beaten really. Are they first in this league? Not at Kahibah or NL level. Also whats with NL numbers? The Chelsea look works but the numbers makes them look like an NFL team!

I also had the pleasure of watching this game. Dudley were well off the pace. Although gven the chances they had at goal the result could've hurt NL. Looked a different side to the previous games ive seen dudley play. Were they full strength? Even still you play what you have. The injury looked nasty. Could it be season ending? Thoroughly enjoyed the game lads. Well played to both sides. Should be a cracker finals series if this level is kept

Charman
28-06-2015, 09:43 AM
No excuses, you play with what you have but 3 of our best out among others and ripe for the picking. Well done NL. Sorry about the esky, someone should have mentioned it, while on the subject be good for all teams to note who is licenced.
Player looks to have dislocated his hip and it popped back in but obviously very painful. Well done to NL for the hard work put in to get on. I was surprised there was earlier games being played though. Oh yeah, dont pat your opposition on the head when a call goes your way, it is shit and disrespectful, think Ennis in the NRL. Thanks lads, hopefully we are better come finals.

anfield
28-06-2015, 11:21 AM
I suggest if there are any issues on the day, The allocated Duty Officer takes care of them. Thats what they are there for, no point bringing it up after the game.

Credit to New Lambton on getting games on, credit on the results too. Too good on the day, key players missing on the dudley side was a factor, but thats football.

Score flattered NL in firsts a bit, probably only a goal better on the day at best. 2 late goals, one penalty that was milked well once keeper came out and a 3rd that was clearly offside (sun in eyes of linesmen) made scorewhat is was. NL keeper and No 8 were the difference on the day. Keeper made 2 good one on one saves that were vital at the time. 2 tough games, final series should be the same.

King
28-06-2015, 11:53 AM
I suggest if there are any issues on the day, The allocated Duty Officer takes care of them. Thats what they are there for, no point bringing it up after the game.

Credit to New Lambton on getting games on, credit on the results too. Too good on the day, key players missing on the dudley side was a factor, but thats football.

Score flattered NL in firsts a bit, probably only a goal better on the day at best. 2 late goals, one penalty that was milked well once keeper came out and a 3rd that was clearly offside (sun in eyes of linesmen) made scorewhat is was. NL keeper and No 8 were the difference on the day. Keeper made 2 good one on one saves that were vital at the time. 2 tough games, final series should be the same. Those missing players must be good! Across the park NL were much better individually than the 11 that had white shirts on. I hope for Dudleys sake that they bring back their "guns" soon.

Stryker
28-06-2015, 09:45 PM
3rd that was clearly offside (sun in eyes of linesmen).

the 3rd goal was clearly onside. Your boys rushed up and the left back nearest to the AR lagged behind. Kept the goal scorer on by at least a metre. Guess it's pretty hard to see from halfway! The linesman did a great job in trying conditions with the sun. Pretty poor form blaming a ref for your players mistake.

anfield
29-06-2015, 09:26 AM
the 3rd goal was clearly onside. Your boys rushed up and the left back nearest to the AR lagged behind. Kept the goal scorer on by at least a metre. Guess it's pretty hard to see from halfway! The linesman did a great job in trying conditions with the sun. Pretty poor form blaming a ref for your players mistake.

Poor form?? Call it the way we see it champ. And I suppose Elvis is still alive,? Santa Claus is real? and the Knights will win the comp this year? Outplayed? Possibily, but most of the calls favoured the home team.

Charman
04-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Dudley v abermain.
Dudley 1-0 res
Dudley 3-1 1st.
Good set up they have there, hard ground and the sun a killer. Surprised they have not taken more points this year.

Eggs
04-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Dudley v abermain.
Dudley 1-0 res
Dudley 3-1 1st.
Good set up they have there, hard ground and the sun a killer. Surprised they have not taken more points this year.

They would get more points if they could keep their composure. They ended 1st grade with 9 players last week, and we're threatening to kill each other in ressies!

Charman
04-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Yeah ok, I can certainly see that happening.

NLFCZL
05-07-2015, 12:29 AM
New Lambton vs kahibah
Reserves 3-1 nl
firsts 3-0 nl

Massive effort with a whopping third of the squad absent. Love playing at kahibah too

WFC_ZL
05-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Wallsend v Edgeworth

1st Grade: 5-1 Wallsend

Buddha
05-07-2015, 09:02 PM
RAAF Ve Jesmond
1-0 RAAF in ressies
5-2 RAAF in firsts

King
06-07-2015, 11:24 AM
RAAF Ve Jesmond
1-0 RAAF in ressies
5-2 RAAF in firsts Will Jesmond see out the year? Mayfield? They are kidding themselves. Clear Top 4 of NL, Dudley, Wallsend and Kahibah. NL favourites but they wont admit it. 20 goals in 4 games and 1 conceded guys. I think thats form?. What does the finals format look like? 1 v 2 to GF 3 v 4 elim or home and away 2 legs?

WFC_ZL
06-07-2015, 11:46 AM
Will Jesmond see out the year? Mayfield? They are kidding themselves. Clear Top 4 of NL, Dudley, Wallsend and Kahibah. NL favourites but they wont admit it. 20 goals in 4 games and 1 conceded guys. I think thats form?. What does the finals format look like? 1 v 2 to GF 3 v 4 elim or home and away 2 legs?

From the Zone League Playing Rules Documentation.

The two (2) Teams finishing first and fourth on the Official Points Table will play off in a Two (2) Match Qualifying Semi-Final Series, each Team playing one (1) Home Match and one (1) Away Match.

The two (2) Teams finishing second and third on the Official Points Table will play off in a two (2) Match Qualifying Semi-Final Series, each Team playing one (1) Home Match and one (1) Away Match.

Fixtures will be played on the following basis – Week 1 4 v 1 Saturday; 3 v 2 Sunday Week 2 1 v 4 Sunday; 2 v 3 Saturday - applies to all Grades.

Eggs
06-07-2015, 09:40 PM
Will Jesmond see out the year? Mayfield? They are kidding themselves. Clear Top 4 of NL, Dudley, Wallsend and Kahibah. NL favourites but they wont admit it. 20 goals in 4 games and 1 conceded guys. I think thats form?. What does the finals format look like? 1 v 2 to GF 3 v 4 elim or home and away 2 legs?

So you think Jesmond & Mayfield should just forfeit the rest of the year? You sir, are an idiot!

King
06-07-2015, 11:03 PM
So you think Jesmond & Mayfield should just forfeit the rest of the year? You sir, are an idiot! Maybe not forfeit but another sport might be an idea next year?? Come on eggs, have you seen these teams play?

Charman
07-07-2015, 12:39 PM
King, you are a cheeky bastard! But I won't bite. I say well done to ALL the new teams this year. Obviously NL, Kahibah & Wallsend have had a better entry than Jeso but Dudley finished stone motherless last in both grades last year and this season are going pretty well.
Top 4 is far from decided too, there are still plenty of points available this season. NL favourites? On current form I say yes.

anfield
07-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Oh the fun and games. Finally King has given critism to someone other then dudley, although the comments were wide of the mark. Im guessing he is connected to the NL camp (maybe not but bit of talk aound their games.

Jesmond have had a tough year, Although Zl3 is a tough comp to enter first year as dudley can agree with. At least this year Simba, cooks hill and kurri have gone up. There does appear to be big gaps in top of the table to bottom in all Zone leagues this year, something thay association may need to look at in future years. Otherwise players/clubs may take easy option of playing all age.

Jesmond have struggled badly number wise, getting 15 or so consitently for 2 games. I know kahibah have also struggled, but most other clubs have big numbers to cover this.

Mayfield appear to have lost some quality from last year, you cant replace that overnight. NL have done extreamly well this year, good squad. Probably one club that could go further up the leagues.

Dudley dont play NL again in regular season.

Wilso8948
07-07-2015, 01:08 PM
Mayfield have never had quality to lose..

anfield
07-07-2015, 03:46 PM
Mayfield have never had quality to lose..

Mayfield had a decent team in 2014, especially at the backend of the season. The 2014 team was far improved then the 2013 team, something that could be confirmed by mayfield.

Eggs
07-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Jesmond have won points in reserves but there on zero . Did they have them stripped? Clear top 3 yes dont pencil in kahibah yet raaf are ahead with a game in hand!

They fielded ineligible players in both grades against Mayfield. For some reason the association only stripped points off their reserve side.

Eggs
07-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Mayfield had a decent team in 2014, especially at the backend of the season. The 2014 team was far improved then the 2013 team, something that could be confirmed by mayfield.

Too much player movement season to season for Mayfield to build any momentum. It's been happening for years.

Bacon
07-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Too much player movement season to season for Mayfield to build any momentum. It's been happening for years.
All mayfield's best players went to or tried out for NL :p the question is why does no one what to stay at Mayfield especially given the pay packet at end of year

Eggs
07-07-2015, 08:23 PM
All mayfield's best players went to or tried out for NL :p the question is why does no one what to stay at Mayfield especially given the pay packet at end of year

I suspect you already know the answer to that question!

King
07-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Oh the fun and games. Finally King has given critism to someone other then dudley, although the comments were wide of the mark. Im guessing he is connected to the NL camp (maybe not but bit of talk aound their games.

Jesmond have had a tough year, Although Zl3 is a tough comp to enter first year as dudley can agree with. At least this year Simba, cooks hill and kurri have gone up. There does appear to be big gaps in top of the table to bottom in all Zone leagues this year, something thay association may need to look at in future years. Otherwise players/clubs may take easy option of playing all age.

Jesmond have struggled badly number wise, getting 15 or so consitently for 2 games. I know kahibah have also struggled, but most other clubs have big numbers to cover this.

Mayfield appear to have lost some quality from last year, you cant replace that overnight. NL have done extreamly well this year, good squad. Probably one club that could go further up the leagues.

Dudley dont play NL again in regular season. No connection to NL Anfield aside from the bowling club has cheap schooners and I enjoy watching them. In fact their coach doesnt like me thus why I enjoy talking UP his team!!. I dont have any bias against Dudley, Mayfield or Jesmond either. They just arent very good. Wallsend and Kahibah look good. Not sure about RAAF or Edgey Juniors and I am not sure where Abermain is. What I see from these interesting little forums is that there seems to be a lot of chest beating but very little reality. Excuses for lack of numbers, or losing players season to season highlights that this division carries too many players who are comfortable at the lowest tier. There are players who could and should play higher and teams who will. Just my opinion, although I like to think I know a little bit. I am signing off for a while to see if things change in this division and for my own sanity and maybe safety??

Thomas477
07-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Tbf, at least if you play at Stevo, you know you won't get called off if someone forgets to turn the sprinklers off.

Albert
09-07-2015, 08:44 PM
i know a team that has done that many times this season. They are one of the big 3 teams too. Took alot of points of us but nobody has any interest in chasing it up so.

Hopefully those games dont stop as making the 4 and hopefully this team doesnt win promotion as it would be a shame to people that have done things right.

Why not chase it up then?

Charman
10-07-2015, 09:03 AM

Can only be 1 of the other 2 big 3 because it most certainly is not Dudley / Redhead.

Albert
10-07-2015, 12:00 PM
If I knew a team had done this and it hindered on my finals hope I'd definitely report it. No point in 'hoping' that they don't have success, sounds like they already have if they are one of the 'top 3'

anfield
10-07-2015, 05:47 PM
i know a team that has done that many times this season. They are one of the big 3 teams too. Took alot of points of us but nobody has any interest in chasing it up so.

Hopefully those games dont stop as making the 4 and hopefully this team doesnt win promotion as it would be a shame to people that have done things right.

As stated before, its not dudley. As stated before, its a top 3 club. Unless stated puts all top 3 teams under microscope. If there is truth in it, action should be taken. If its a rumour, then top 3 teams have been unfairly mentioned.

Dobbo
10-07-2015, 06:44 PM

He is claiming it to be us (Wallsend) I have asked him for his 'multiple' examples and told him that we are happy for them to take it further so we can clear these false accusations. I even offered to help them with it, but was told "he didn't want to take it further but is annoyed we lied", why bring it up if you don't want to follow it up?

The first example he did provide was completely false, claiming a player was unregistered, the player in question played 2 games in one day in Round 1 but it was under his own name because he was registered, he played for both reserve grade and first grade. Why would we have a player take the field under 2 different names? Why didn't you follow it up on the day? Because we have done nothing wrong, that's why. I have requested the team sheets so I can prove that we haven't lied.

The second example was one of their NEWFM players playing for us against them. He was playing with Kahibah NEWFM and he deregistered with them after the Wallsend and Kahibah NEWFM game as he wasn't happy with Kahibah, Kahibah's registrar approved it and then I (Wallsend's registrar) approved his registration with us on the Thursday prior to the game.

Unless he was meaning one of our NEWFM players, which if that's the case the player he is talking about deregistered from NEWFM as he couldn't make the training commitments and signed with us, I am happy to show proof for both of these examples.

Feels like he is grasping at straws, We are a new team in ZL3 in the same boat as Kahibah with our last year squad going to NEWFM and us club guys starting the new team, this sounds like they are not happy we are performing better then them and they are trying to think of ways to climb up the ladder.

Hopefully once this is proven there will be an apology after these false accusations.

hawk
11-07-2015, 11:21 AM
All claims and correspondence toward unfair play to be directed to the appropriate officials. not here thanks guys.

2leftfeet
11-07-2015, 04:30 PM
I accused you of nothing Wallsend inboxed me stressing out. The only team of the big 3 that did from a off hand comment

It was never going further.

First round a player that played both grades for them. I was there when he told one of our guys. 'He is not playing for wallsend and he doesn't no were he is playing he is just filling in for the day'. This player has played no more games for them. This was hes exact words.

So you could see how things got crossed.

It seems wallsend must of signed him up on the thursday and let him de register right after the game but thats not what the player made it sound like. So i take my comments back and will now remove myself from the forum

Alls good chill out move on with football. Sorry wallsend .. :)

WFC_ZL
11-07-2015, 05:18 PM
Wallsend v Jesmond

Ressies: 3 - 1 Wallsend
1st Grade: 9 - 1 Wallsend

Would just like to say to Jesmond keep at it boys. Keep playing for pride. I know what its like having low numbers and player issues during a season and it does hurt. Takes determination and guts to back up like that and keep going to the end. Hope your keepers shoulder injury isnt too bad.

Charman
11-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Dud v raaf.
Res 2-2
1st 1-4. Raaf are on the move, dudley out played today.

NLFCZL
11-07-2015, 07:56 PM
NLFC vs Abermain

Res NLFC 3 def Abermain 1
First NLFC 10 def Abermain 1

Roberju
12-07-2015, 11:46 AM
Well said Wallsend. That's why comments like kings arnt helpful. ZL3 stepping stone into zone leagues and not every team is going to finish top four. If people like king disrespect new teams and they drop out ,ZL3 will never get a 10 team comp. you only have to look at Dudley who finished with the spoon last year and currently sitting on top (would have been a shame if they just packed it in).

Roberju
12-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Is anyone from abermain on here? We found a pair of boots and gloves in away shed after yesterday's game (assume they are your keepers) Will bring them up Wednesday night for the return game.

King
12-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Well said Wallsend. That's why comments like kings arnt helpful. ZL3 stepping stone into zone leagues and not every team is going to finish top four. If people like king disrespect new teams and they drop out ,ZL3 will never get a 10 team comp. you only have to look at Dudley who finished with the spoon last year and currently sitting on top (would have been a shame if they just packed it in). I think I have given praise to 3 new clubs constantly?? I call it as I see it. I didnt realise that I had to wrap everyone in a nice warm blanket and sing Delta Goodrem. Yes I hope Jesmond and Abermain keep at it, I hope Dudley get their "missing" players back before finals and keep the minor premiership as the table says they deserve it. For the record, I hope its a NL and Wallsend GF as it will put the 2 best teams on show in ZL3. Hows that? Love fest over.

Albert
12-07-2015, 11:30 PM
I think that the result from Dudley v Wallsend next week will have a massive impact on the minor premiership race! A few exciting weeks of football coming up.

amishpanda
13-07-2015, 09:00 AM
I think that the result from Dudley v Wallsend next week will have a massive impact on the minor premiership race! A few exciting weeks of football coming up.

The biggest impact it will have is who will be challenging NL for the top spot. I dont see any teams taking points from NL's first grade for the rest of the season, and with their games in hand will cruise to the Minor Prem. Not to rule out the chance of upsets, but they are a solid team. You just can't score against them.

My prediction of the top 4:

New Lambt
Dudley
Wallsend
RAAF

NL v Wallsend GF

NL on pens (4-3)

Albert
13-07-2015, 10:11 AM
The biggest impact it will have is who will be challenging NL for the top spot. I dont see any teams taking points from NL's first grade for the rest of the season, and with their games in hand will cruise to the Minor Prem. Not to rule out the chance of upsets, but they are a solid team. You just can't score against them.

My prediction of the top 4:

New Lambt
Dudley
Wallsend
RAAF

NL v Wallsend GF

NL on pens (4-3)

Yeah I agree that Dudley won't be minor premiers they had a great start to the season but NL are starting to fire now. NL are very strong in defense and scoring against them is tough. 0-0 draw with Wallsend last round I think there will be a few goals next time!

NLFCZL
16-07-2015, 05:17 PM
But Can they do it on a cold wednesday night in Abermain?

Nlfc vs Abermain

Reserve Grade 2-1 to Nlfc
First Grade 3-0 to nlfc

Huge credit to the abermain lads. Despite recent results we all agree they are much better than the table states. Issue is depth and if they can fix that then 2016 is a new year for them.

Massive credit to the abermain keeper in firsts who had an absolute blinder, some point blank stuff!

Albert
18-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Scores over the weekend?

Eggs
18-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Scores over the weekend?

Mayfield vs Jesmond.

Res 2-1 Mayfield
1sts 4-1 Mayfield

Mayfield dominated both grades, with Jesmond only having the upper hand for about 15 minutes in reserves. Having said that, they did have 6 players play both grades. To Jesmond's credit they never gave up.

Charman
19-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Dobbo / wfczl, game definitely on today?

WFC_ZL
19-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Dobbo / wfczl, game definitely on today?

Yep games on. Field was checked about 30 minutes ago and is right to play.

Charman
19-07-2015, 06:05 PM
We wish all the best to the ressie player with the broken leg. A speedy and problem free recovery is all that matters for him now. Looks like a clean fibula snap just above the ankle. Poor bloke. Match report irrelevant. Was 0-0 .1st at 1/2 time wallsend up 3-0.

WFC_ZL
19-07-2015, 06:24 PM
We wish all the best to the ressie player with the broken leg. A speedy and problem free recovery is all that matters for him now. Looks like a clean fibula snap just above the ankle. Poor bloke. Match report irrelevant. Was 0-0 .1st at 1/2 time wallsend up 3-0.

Thanks for the kind words. Gets surgery in the morning. From what ive heard multiple breaks. Will be out for a while. Hope your guy is alright as well. No ones fault. 50/50 challenge that both contested.

1st Grade ended up 4 - 1 Wallsend.

Charman
20-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Did the young lads surgery go well today? When is he allowed to go home?

amishpanda
20-07-2015, 06:15 PM
http://www.imgur.com/rhldbCh

Surgery completed and he is apparently doing well. Not sure when he'll be out.

RANGER09
20-07-2015, 07:01 PM

ouch! :shock:

Another Ranger
20-07-2015, 07:09 PM

Ouch- makes my fractured ribs from the weekend look like a bump. Hope for a speedy recovery and he gets back on the football park again in the future.

Irish
21-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Hi Boys,

In the event we make finals... Just want to know the ruling when playing players in a grade... I got this from the association... Does this mean a guy needs to have played (66%) 11games for that grade for him to qualify ?
Christ with all the injuries we've had and the shuffling around this is a bit of a balls....

E51 FINAL SERIES PLAYER ELIGIBILITY

(a) The eligibility of a Player to play for a Reserve or Third Grade in a Finals Series Match shall be determined by the Regulation that each Player competing in that Grade must have been listed in the starting eleven (11) of that Grade for not less than sixty-six percent (66%) of the Official Fixtures Draw Matches for the competition Season in which that Grade has competed (designated Goalkeepers exempt). Any Player who plays for a Reserve or Third Grade Team in a Finals Series Match without meeting the 66% requirement will be deemed an Ineligible Player for that Grade and the appropriate Regulations shall be applied. Each Club will be responsible for determining the eligibility of its Registered ZFL Players and must maintain a system of tracking each of its Players for the full competition Season by recording from Team Match Sheets the Players in the starting eleven (11) for each Grade for each Competition Match; this will allow the Club to list Players who qualify for each Grade by meeting the 66% requirement. It is anticipated that FoxSP will have a program that will permit this tracking to be done.

Dobbo
21-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Did the young lads surgery go well today? When is he allowed to go home?

Surgery went well, Surgeon came and saw him this morning, he has a titanium rod in tibia from knee to ankle, 2 pins at top and 3 at bottom. Going on for next lot of X-rays this morning and will find out if he can go home today or tomorrow.

anfield
21-07-2015, 05:16 PM
Surgery went well, Surgeon came and saw him this morning, he has a titanium rod in tibia from knee to ankle, 2 pins at top and 3 at bottom. Going on for next lot of X-rays this morning and will find out if he can go home today or tomorrow.

All the best to wallsend lad, hope your recovery goes well. Nobody expects to go to football and end up in hospital.

Wallsend firsts are favourites IMO, very dangerous going forward. Dudley has work ahead of them, but should have scored more goals.

LucasK2389
22-07-2015, 10:32 AM

Hey guys, this is the Wallsend player who broke his leg on the weekend! Just wanted to get on here and thank you all for the comments and support! I've managed to do a number on the leg in which I broke the tibia and fibula. I've now got a rod in my tibia from knee to ankle and we be off my feet for 6 weeks and then after that hopefully into physio and will be walking - running again in a few months. Thanks a lot to Dudley who showed a lot of concern during the incident! Please pass on a msg to your player who was involved and let him know that their is no hard feelings what so ever it was a 50/50 contest and I just ended up worse off. I knew all the risks of attempting to the get the ball.
Anyway, best of luck with the rest of the season and I'm sure I'll be watching you guys in finals from the sidelines!
Cheers. Lucas

the man
22-07-2015, 02:29 PM
I see the best free kick on Sat at mAyfield park it Bout 40 yRs out

the man
22-07-2015, 03:10 PM
its was one the best free kick i see for a long time ,

beersfc
22-07-2015, 10:18 PM
inboxed you irish about your question

WFC_ZL
22-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Edgeworth v Wallsend round 3 catch up

Ressies: 1 - 0 Edgeworth
1st Grade: 6 - 0 Wallsend

Charman
23-07-2015, 09:25 AM

HMMMM - any chance Edgie stacking ressies to make the finals? They have showed a nice turn of form lately.

anfield
23-07-2015, 09:26 AM

No suprises that wallsend won firsts but an upset in ressies. Edgeworth ressies on the charge, Interesting???

WFC_ZL
23-07-2015, 10:28 AM
HMMMM - any chance Edgie stacking ressies to make the finals? They have showed a nice turn of form lately.

They definitely had a different look to them than when we played them the other week. There was talk of a few 1st graders playing ressies last night for them but in saying that we had enough chances to put a few away and we didnt and paid the price.

anfield
23-07-2015, 12:31 PM
They definitely had a different look to them than when we played them the other week. There was talk of a few 1st graders playing ressies last night for them but in saying that we had enough chances to put a few away and we didnt and paid the price.

A few clubs in higher divisons are known to stack lower grades. Its probably the reason association doesnt financially reward lower grades.
In such cases, theses teams become the hunted teams that everyone wants to beat. If true in this case, edgie may become this team.

the man
23-07-2015, 03:24 PM
http://free kick

E.J.S.C ZL
23-07-2015, 06:03 PM
To me last night’s result isn’t a big shock. 1st Round it was a 2-1 loss in 2nds and 5-1 loss in 1sts. Wallsend’s goals were a goalkeeping howler and a goal with 60 seconds to go. I thought we we’re unlucky not to get a point that day. Round 2 it was a 1-0 win in 2nds and 6-0 loss in 1sts. To me that’s not that big a turn around. As Wallsend said they had their chances to win it. Last night we were missing 4 guys from the 1st Round we had 15 that day. 2 out injured, 1 for the season. 1 moved up into 1st grade and 1 out suspended. The 2 guys that come in have been out injured since Round 9 haven’t trained weren’t 100% but played to give us numbers. 1 guy hasn’t play 1st grade and the other guy has played 6 games in 1sts. I sat 1 of our 1st graders on the bench to give us a 3 sub and only to use as an injury replacement. Our Captain came off injured then the 2 boys having their 1st run back didn’t last the 80 mins. So he went on or we would have had 10 players for the last 10 mins.
We have a fair few younger guys in 2nds, it has take some of them time to get used to senior football but finally finding their feet. Normally I wouldn’t say anything but I think they deserve a little bit of credit.

Irish
24-07-2015, 09:08 AM
We have a fair few younger guys in 2nds, it has take some of them time to get used to senior football but finally finding their feet. Normally I wouldn’t say anything but I think they deserve a little bit of credit.

:thumbsup:

the man
24-07-2015, 10:05 AM
http://freekick

the man
24-07-2015, 12:53 PM
:-)

Albert
24-07-2015, 01:01 PM
:-)
Yeah Man, we get that it was a good free kick. 😎

the man
25-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Yeah Man, we get that it was a good free kick. ��
Jesmond res 2_1 win

WFC_ZL
25-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Abermain v Wallsend

Ressies: 2 - 0 Wallsend
1st Grade: 2 - 0 Wallsend

Albert
26-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Any other results?

NLFCZL
26-07-2015, 02:23 PM
NLFC vs RAAF

Res 3-0 RAAF
Firsts 3-0 NL

Charman
26-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Dudley v mayfield
Res 4-1
1st 4-0. Injuries really mounting, well done to beard playing full res and 85 mins in 1st. I know other teams have guys having to this also.
Have heard jeso will only be playing 1st grade and forfeit all remaining res games. Fact or fiction?

Albert
26-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Any players returning soon for you guys?

Geemo
26-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Dudley v mayfield
Res 4-1
1st 4-0. Injuries really mounting, well done to beard playing full res and 85 mins in 1st. I know other teams have guys having to this also.
Have heard jeso will only be playing 1st grade and forfeit all remaining res games. Fact or fiction?

Overheard a red in ressies Charman. What was the go there. Also heard raaf ressies looked strong on sat. Stacking team???

Charman
26-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Yeah, red to mayfield for holding down one of our players around the neck. Not sure what provoked it but dudley player kept it cool and stayed on the park. A dudley player sent for third man in as he crash tackled the bloke holding the dudley player down. In fairness the mayfield gk should have gone too. He ran 25 mtrs and was pretty aggressive.

beersfc
27-07-2015, 01:10 AM
Jesmond res 2_1 win

Yes Jezo has decided forfit remaining reserves fixtures was confirmed . They have got no points all year Kahibah was told Jezo couldn't field a side so there team did not get ready . 15 minutes after kick off Jezo have a team together there first grade plays both reserve and first grade.

Kahibah lose and now miss out on semis. Ouch Bad way to go out to what should have been a forfit.

Charman
27-07-2015, 09:43 AM
Any players returning soon for you guys?

Like everyone, we get a player back and someone else does an injury.

Albert
27-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Yes Jezo has decided forfit remaining reserves fixtures was confirmed . They have got no points all year Kahibah was told Jezo couldn't field a side so there team did not get ready . 15 minutes after kick off Jezo have a team together there first grade plays both reserve and first grade.

Kahibah lose and now miss out on semis. Ouch Bad way to go out to what should have been a forfit.

Gee that's a poor effort from Jesmond. How did they field a side 15 minutes after kick off?

Eggs
27-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Yeah, red to mayfield for holding down one of our players around the neck. Not sure what provoked it but dudley player kept it cool and stayed on the park. A dudley player sent for third man in as he crash tackled the bloke holding the dudley player down. In fairness the mayfield gk should have gone too. He ran 25 mtrs and was pretty aggressive.

The Mayfield player that was sent claimed to have copped a knee to head, although to be fair the Dudley player was falling as a result of the slide tackle. Not exactly what you want to see on the football field, but think the right calls were made in the end. Not sure about the call for Mayfield's GK to get sent, barks bigger than the bite, and if everyone got sent for push and shove there would be a red every game!

Apart from that incident towards the end it was a game played in good spirits.

anfield
27-07-2015, 12:28 PM

Kept it cool??, The iceman. Would have been interesting if an official was on that line. Mayfield tried in both grades, they have the potential to take some points of other teams in the lead up to the finals.

anfield
27-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Overheard a red in ressies Charman. What was the go there. Also heard raaf ressies looked strong on sat. Stacking team???

As far as I can see Raaf not stacking ressies. Their squad can change week in week out with work. Was little suprised that their ressies won by 3, was also suprised their firsts lost by 3. Momentum is so big in football.
Stacking ressies is only beneficial to one club.

Irish
27-07-2015, 02:05 PM

Jesmond ressie deserved to win
we were beaten fair and square...

On another note... Hope that guy who broke his hand is OK for Jesmond.... Heard he was a plasterer by trade...
Bloody sh*t when this happens
:angry:

King
27-07-2015, 02:06 PM
As far as I can see Raaf not stacking ressies. Their squad can change week in week out with work. Was little suprised that their ressies won by 3, was also suprised their firsts lost by 3. Momentum is so big in football.
Stacking ressies is only beneficial to one club.Does it really matter what happens in Reserve Grade? Stack Ressies to win what? Really, mixed results in Reserves should be because of teams making their 1sts stronger to cover injuries or absences. I saw some of the NL game in 1sts. A few new faces that I am guessing may be Reserve team players. It was the first time I have ever seen the RAAF team and certainly not the worst team in ZL3 or ZPL to grace Alder Park. They were well beaten by a better team on the day but certainly there is some talent. If NL are second do they have games in hand or are results not getting updated? When do they play Wallsend? That will be the game to settle this grade. Their coach doesnt return my calls anymore!! As for Jesmond forfeiting Reserves. Opponents should front up as if on and accept the forfeit if they fail to turn up. Relying on rumour is a joke.