PDA

View Full Version : Why It Is Great To Live In Newy

MFKS
22-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Whilst up in Brisvegas at the weekend was talking to a bloke who asked me where I was from. When I replied Newy he asked us what's great about Newy.

Now for the first time in my life I was ****ing speechless trying to articulate and define why it is great to live in this utopian paradise.

Next time I want to be prepared to answer this question correctly and be able to explain to these ****s why the **** we live in the greatest place on the ****ing planet.

Start listing the reasons why so I can actually nail the question next time

Jeterpool
22-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Most places are 15-20 minutes from everywhere. The beach, the shops, the stadium. It's got enough variety without the big city feel.

And we're at the foot of the vineyards

Premy
22-01-2015, 09:24 AM
959Only response you need.

Grimario
22-01-2015, 09:48 AM
It's not the central coast.

Jeterpool
22-01-2015, 10:04 AM

/thread

MFKS
22-01-2015, 10:09 AM

Problem is then you are dealing with people who will never fully understand and appreciate how ****ed that hole is.

Bon
22-01-2015, 10:19 AM
959Only response you need.

Hahaha.. So true.. We had some pommy backpackers crash at ours last week and all they could talk about was the "Cocktower"..
Love a massive phallic symbol to get subliminal messages flowing..

Growing up on Lake Macquarie, I always used to think that Newy was the arsehole of the earth.. I don't even know why, that was just the general concensus and all I ever used to hear, so as a young pecker, thats what I assumed.. I ended up going to uni in Newy, moving in to Tighes Hill (the two local "ladies of the night", Fatty and Gothy were always trying to get passerbys attentions) I got to see the more, ummm, alternative side of Newy.. Still didn't really rate or rave about the place..
After travelling through Europe for the first time I came back, moved into Newy beach and started to look at the town through a "tourists" eyes.. It is a fvcking amazing place..
It's a large city that is spread out enough to not be completely sardined in, nor are you queueing or lining up for everything, yet there are still plenty of options of places to go, things to see..
As people have already pointed out, the sites are brilliant.. The beaches, foreshore, harbour, view of the cathedral/cocktower, parks, bathes, historical places like Fort Scratchley (hidden bunkers and tunnels on the hillsides), obelisk lookout (perfect for a sneaky jibba at sunset), bogey hole.. And thats just the East End of town!

Positioning.. The vineyards are half an hour away, the lake is even closer.. You are a few hours North of Sydney, and very close to Nelson Bay and Myall Lakes.. You are far enough away from the Central Coast that you don't get their inbred gypo stench, but close enough to mock them.. The lifestyle is chilled out and relaxed (although, that could also be a bad thing, I've had mates move to Brisbane/Sydney cause they claim there is bugger all going on in the night-life department, obviously they havent been to the Argyle with SD).. I could go on and add more to this, but I think im already bordering on people giving this the old tl;dr..

I won't delve in to the suburbs, I'll let someone like Skirt Boy spruik the amazing lifestyle and opportunities that Windale has to offer.. :brrr:

Skirt Boy
22-01-2015, 10:53 AM
I won't delve in to the suburbs, I'll let someone like Skirt Boy spruik the amazing lifestyle and opportunities that Windale has to offer.. :brrr:

My probation officer advises me not to talk about Windale due to possibilities of incriminating myself. :pissup:

pv4
22-01-2015, 11:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxv36MANZjA

MFKS
22-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Hahaha.. So true.. We had some pommy backpackers crash at ours last week and all they could talk about was the "Cocktower"..
Love a massive phallic symbol to get subliminal messages flowing..

Growing up on Lake Macquarie, I always used to think that Newy was the arsehole of the earth.. I don't even know why, that was just the general concensus and all I ever used to hear, so as a young pecker, thats what I assumed.. I ended up going to uni in Newy, moving in to Tighes Hill (the two local "ladies of the night", Fatty and Gothy were always trying to get passerbys attentions) I got to see the more, ummm, alternative side of Newy.. Still didn't really rate or rave about the place..
After travelling through Europe for the first time I came back, moved into Newy beach and started to look at the town through a "tourists" eyes.. It is a fvcking amazing place..
It's a large city that is spread out enough to not be completely sardined in, nor are you queueing or lining up for everything, yet there are still plenty of options of places to go, things to see..
As people have already pointed out, the sites are brilliant.. The beaches, foreshore, harbour, view of the cathedral/cocktower, parks, bathes, historical places like Fort Scratchley (hidden bunkers and tunnels on the hillsides), obelisk lookout (perfect for a sneaky jibba at sunset), bogey hole.. And thats just the East End of town!

Positioning.. The vineyards are half an hour away, the lake is even closer.. You are a few hours North of Sydney, and very close to Nelson Bay and Myall Lakes.. You are far enough away from the Central Coast that you don't get their inbred gypo stench, but close enough to mock them.. The lifestyle is chilled out and relaxed (although, that could also be a bad thing, I've had mates move to Brisbane/Sydney cause they claim there is bugger all going on in the night-life department, obviously they havent been to the Argyle with SD).. I could go on and add more to this, but I think im already bordering on people giving this the old tl;dr..

Great post
Forgot about The Bogey Hole and Fort Scratchley

Bloke I spoke to from out of town once upon a time was into beach activities and had seen quite a few on the planet and absolutely raved about our beaches and considered them top shelf. Bloke had only ever been to Nobbys and Newy Beach also so he missed the others like Red Head Bar Beach etc and not forgetting the 30k's of Stocko

If you have more to add no one is bored

Keep Going

Bon
22-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Nice work pv4..

I was also thinking along these lines, when this song went a bit viral a year or two ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEglk8a1vpA

plague
Tell everyone it sucks.
Too many people here already.
Don't need more tourists sticking their noses in.

Buddha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxv36MANZjA
Downside to living here, you have Gypos like this bloke who can post this, but not the sheep quiz answers

Having known a lot of raafies, they prefer this town over many, just because it's so easy and cruisy, there's no big city smoke blah blah blah, the only problem they have is Medowie

hawk
22-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Most places are 15-20 minutes from everywhere. The beach, the shops, the stadium. It's got enough variety without the big city feel.

And we're at the foot of the vineyards

Beaches? nope, we are pandering to a couple of sharks. Now I gotta get back to my butcher shop

Blackmac79
22-01-2015, 07:42 PM
If they need a reason why to live here, they shouldn't be living here.

boz-monaut
22-01-2015, 08:57 PM
we have Joel Griffiths

no other city can say that

joel31
24-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Nice work pv4..

I was also thinking along these lines, when this song went a bit viral a year or two ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBWPTAsi0rc&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534#t=76
I just found this in related videos
then I vomited

The Dunster
24-01-2015, 07:50 PM
The most insular town on the planet but who gives a ****. Love Newy.

plague
24-01-2015, 08:15 PM
The most insular town on the planet

Never been to Boston huh?
its like Dudley beach on steroids.

GazFish35
24-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Pub town.

MFKS
24-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Because our football team can lose by 7 and ****s will still front up next home game in belief that we can do it:rof:

GazFish35
15-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Why it's great to live in Taree........ Not that I do anymore.

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/youll-never-guess-what-happened-when-three-junkies-tried-to-rob-this-former-prizefighter/

78 year old beats the shit out of three home invaders, claims they "fell down the stairs"

Not sure if this story is legit, sounds too good to be true.

plague
15-03-2015, 12:16 PM
coz we've got the Knights who were smart enough to **** off their shitkhunt owner and wanker coach and are undefeated since.

hawk
15-03-2015, 11:37 PM
coz we've got the Knights who were smart enough to **** off their shitkhunt owner and wanker coach and are undefeated since.

those grubs are quite smart.

what Bon said + small town mentality. tick

Jeterpool
07-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Well, the Sygna got washed away in the storms over the weekend.

Kinda fitting.

Jeterpool
07-06-2016, 10:05 AM

Just saw this above :brrr:

Bon
07-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Well, the Sygna got washed away in the storms over the weekend.

Kinda fitting.

Yeah!! I was looking for it from my balcony yesterday, couldn't see it and then saw the report on tv..
Pretty sad that its gone now.. What year did it wreck? Woulda been about the same time that hawk made his first million wouldn't it? :gent:

Jeterpool
07-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Yeah!! I was looking for it from my balcony yesterday, couldn't see it and then saw the report on tv..
Pretty sad that its gone now.. What year did it wreck? Woulda been about the same time that hawk made his first million wouldn't it? :gent:

1974 I think the article said.

hawk
08-06-2016, 09:23 PM
1974 I think the article said.

1970's?? When Blacksmiths had a football club, cars were solid and June meant going to the corner shop for fireworks then holding a 20 ball shooter and aiming at the enemy then fighting bush fires as a result. polyester shirts not a good idea. ah the good ole days

The Dunster
08-06-2016, 09:40 PM
http://www.tntfireworks.com/assets/products/lg/610003-Mad-Dog-RC_5-029071e3435a57dcd53a352be4763a19.png

Remember these Hawk ?