View Full Version : Cricket World Cup 2015

hawk
15-02-2015, 04:16 PM
Cmon aussie cmon cmon...

pak v Ind is supposed to have the highest audience ever

q-money
15-02-2015, 07:27 PM
it's pretty mad this game, crowd is bananas

hey buddha the big show got lucky last night he was playing england the ****en spud

MFKS
15-02-2015, 07:36 PM
it's pretty mad this game, crowd is bananas

hey buddha the big show got lucky last night he was playing england the ****en spud

How the bloke isn't on the chopping block when Clarke returns defies me. Bailey can be quite consistent and useful in ODI Watto although generally a failure offers bat and ball options and has photos of selectors with goats or something.

How is this fraud Maxwell not even close to being boned??

q-money
15-02-2015, 07:41 PM
rofl watto ay, you could legit hear his soul deflating

nz did well in christchurch yesterday, south africa did well after a few wobbles early

belchardo
15-02-2015, 08:25 PM
if somebody told me the pak v india game was being played somewhere in india i'd believe them. crowd is going nuts.

q-money
15-02-2015, 09:17 PM
shocking decision for akmal, shouldn't the indians not be using DRS on principle?

q-money
15-02-2015, 09:18 PM
if somebody told me the pak v india game was being played somewhere in india i'd believe them. crowd is going nuts.

right on ay, this is what i remember one day cricket to be like before saturation coverage, mid strength beer and heavy handed policing. someone should chuck a BBQ chook on the ground and we're on

plague
15-02-2015, 10:28 PM
right on ay, this is what i remember one day cricket to be like before saturation coverage, mid strength beer and heavy handed policing. someone should chuck a BBQ chook on the ground and we're on

bang on.
with a week between games im shocked the ICC didnt schedule a few one dayers in the UAE against a "Sheiks 11" for the Aussies.

All the stars are aligning for Watson to be dropped arent they. they wont miss his batting (!!!) and with Marsh doing the business with the ball (and Jimmy F to come back in), his best asset is diminished as well.
on a day like yesterday when pretty much all of the Aussies were firing (Watson aside) it is truly a frightening team to come up against.

Bon
16-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Jeez, Ireland are looking in a good spot to knock off the Windies atm..

hawk
16-02-2015, 08:04 PM

they sure are

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-16/four-people-hurt-in-brawl-at-televised-cricket-match/6115262

Blackmac79
16-02-2015, 08:13 PM
they sure are

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-16/four-people-hurt-in-brawl-at-televised-cricket-match/6115262

They were football fans.

MFKS
16-02-2015, 08:38 PM
they sure are

Imagine the media coverage if they were soccer fans watching two foreign teams play at the local club and there was a brawl.

Where's the same level of outrage here??

belchardo
20-02-2015, 02:22 PM
hilarious. Geoff boycott doing his nut on the ABC cricket commentary. he's not really rating the English performance!

plague
20-02-2015, 02:48 PM
(TV) Commentators carrying on like Southee is swinging it a mile.
More like the Poms are plain ****ing horrid with the bat.
Just a good combo of pace length and a bit of movement combined with a captain who is setting fields to get blokes out.

I think he had 4 slips still in near the 30th over

(He's bowled well though)

belchardo
20-02-2015, 03:40 PM
flipping heck. knew I should have gone home to watch this! 100 runs off 6.4 overs. unbelievable.

England are GONE!

plague
22-02-2015, 12:05 PM
It's been massively under reported how terrible the World Cup theme song is.

belchardo
22-02-2015, 02:48 PM
This AB de Villiers dude is a handy player.

Premy
23-02-2015, 01:27 AM
I forgot this was on.

Jetmaster
27-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Although there have been one or great moments, it's dragging along slowly isn't it? Tomorrow Australia play for the first game in a fortnight - the competition should be more compressed.

Nice having it on the box but nowhere near as compelling as the AC was yet.

leftrightout
27-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Yeh too many days going by with only one game on. I understand the broadcasting side of things wants no games the clash but its just unrealistic in cricket. Should be a day game in NZ and a Day night Game in Aus so the clashes are minimal and get two every day.

WolfMan
27-02-2015, 11:38 AM
I wonder what the TV ratings are like locally? I personally have watched maybe 30 minutes total, I just can't get into it.

Found some ratings for last week. Doesn't include Foxtel, but still it's not great

http://www.oztam.com.au//documents/2015/OzTAM-20150208-EMetFTARankSumCons.pdf

goaliepersempre
27-02-2015, 08:43 PM
mate the last aus game did get washed out...

basically there are 2 games a day... Liking it so i can fall asleep listening to the commentary of the first game and wake up generally to the start of the 2nd haha...

goaliepersempre
27-02-2015, 08:43 PM
AB but WOW

MFKS
28-02-2015, 01:42 PM
What the **** happened in the Cricket???

We were one for 70 odd and cruising I turn it back and we are ****ing 8 down for just over 100???

Captain Obvious
28-02-2015, 04:20 PM
What the **** happened in the Cricket???

We were one for 70 odd and cruising I turn it back and we are ****ing 8 down for just over 100???

Australia lost a lot of wickets without adding many runs.

belchardo
28-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Australia lost a lot of wickets without adding many runs.

:lulz:

q-money
01-03-2015, 06:50 PM
yeah so how about last night's game eh

hawk
02-03-2015, 08:29 PM
those sigma drivers over the dutch won a game without Hadley. decent. did boz play in last nights game?

q-money
02-03-2015, 11:07 PM
yep

goes to show how rubbish oz pitches are though, if straya wants to win the next ashes, they should spend a bit more time over there learning to play on something that isn't a road

great spell of bowling, up there with southee's 7 for against england. pure pace is terrifying but swing is even moreso

on another note, i went to south africa v west indies on friday and FMD, de villiers is an absolute weapon. forces bowlers to pretty much throw down what he wants. amazing.

can block out a day to draw a test match then go out and do something like that. ooooooooooooooooooooh weeeeeee

MFKS
03-03-2015, 12:04 AM
yep

goes to show how rubbish oz pitches are though, if straya wants to win the next ashes, they should spend a bit more time over there learning to play on something that isn't a road

great spell of bowling, up there with southee's 7 for against england. pure pace is terrifying but swing is even moreso

on another note, i went to south africa v west indies on friday and FMD, de villiers is an absolute weapon. forces bowlers to pretty much throw down what he wants. amazing.

can block out a day to draw a test match then go out and do something like that. ooooooooooooooooooooh weeeeeee

Not so much the pitches but the selections in junior teams and then into senior rep teams that favour blokes with good eyes and hitters like Warner Smith Phil Hughes
Over blokes with techniques to deal with swing and seam and less favourable batting conditions

hawk
03-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Aus has no momentum, will struggle.

Jetmaster
03-03-2015, 08:49 PM
And big ass bats, how some of these guys get better averages than Chappell, Richards, Javed et al is a bloody crime.

belchardo
04-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Maxwell stepping up in the big matches again. Always count on him when it matters.

Poor old watto missed the opportunity tonight.

Does clarke play for the team or himself? Genuine question. He needs to show he can be relied upon, yet he doesn't look like he'll bat.

MFKS
04-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Maxwell stepping up in the big matches again. Always count on him when it matters.

Poor old watto missed the opportunity tonight.

Does clarke play for the team or himself? Genuine question. He needs to show he can be relied upon, yet he doesn't look like he'll bat.

It is a team game and at the time tactic wise it makes sense to send Maxwell and co in to pinch hit with the score wickets in hand etc. Different type of players and although Clarke is no mug Maxwell teeing off bumps the score up at a better rate than Clarke would have.

At present Maxwell 81no off 34 balls Clarke don't get a strike rate up like that in his dreams

belchardo
07-03-2015, 07:43 PM
South africa choking again I see.

hawk
08-03-2015, 12:45 AM
India look the goods

hawk
09-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Bangndash beats dead Root

baldrick
10-03-2015, 07:13 AM
Is this still going ??

hawk
15-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Is this still going ??
finally to knockout

decent comp but we can scrap most of the other one day series.

hawk
21-03-2015, 02:41 PM
guptill smeshing ut

BodyNovo
24-03-2015, 02:42 PM
ab just got dropped, proceeded to hit 14 of the next 3 deliveries.

i think nz may have just lost the game.

hawk
24-03-2015, 08:57 PM
holy fk

plague
24-03-2015, 09:36 PM
So very sad that SA got screwed over again.
Hang on let me wipe my tears again.
Not sure how I can go on.
Oh the injustice of it all.

q-money
24-03-2015, 10:03 PM
fkn get in

Bon
25-03-2015, 08:27 AM
Brilliant stuff..

belchardo
25-03-2015, 11:09 AM
was a great game.

belchardo
26-03-2015, 11:57 AM
looking forward to this match.

I'm tipping Australia. just think they'll be too good. I do expect a tight game though.

leftrightout
26-03-2015, 12:14 PM
looking forward to this match.

I'm tipping Australia. just think they'll be too good. I do expect a tight game though.

Yep agree, the pitch sounds like it will suit india more than what we have played them on over summer and they will have huge crowd numbers but i still think we will get over the top of them.

plague
26-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Kohli is legit one of my favourite players.

q-money
26-03-2015, 12:50 PM
few questions whether india has come up against a real top line attack other than south africa

pakistan had lost the plot earlier in the tournament in adelaide, west indies quicks are 10k off the pace

starc bowling to dhawan will be great to watch, if he can pull off another 100 india will be right in the mix

ajinkya rahane has really impressed me, plays beautifully, will need to shine today

they will be super up for it, straya better get their a-game on.

buzzing

leftrightout
26-03-2015, 02:15 PM
few questions whether india has come up against a real top line attack other than south africa

pakistan had lost the plot earlier in the tournament in adelaide, west indies quicks are 10k off the pace

starc bowling to dhawan will be great to watch, if he can pull off another 100 india will be right in the mix

ajinkya rahane has really impressed me, plays beautifully, will need to shine today

they will be super up for it, straya better get their a-game on.

buzzing

Australia batting first... i think losing the toss hurts india alot!

Bon
26-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Alllllright..
Looks like we are having a bat first..

q-money
26-03-2015, 02:25 PM
pitch is a legit road, straya should piss this in

Bon
26-03-2015, 02:29 PM
pitch is a legit road, straya should piss this in

Anyone down or going down for it?

q-money
26-03-2015, 02:35 PM
tickets fiendishly hard to get a hold of, every indian in sydney is either there or says they are :rof:

it's no joke, i ordered curry from surjits the other week (the joint where the indian cricket team eat when they're in sydney) when india played zimbabwe and I felt so bad i thought i had to let the bloke who delivered it stay and watch a couple of overs :rof:

lquiquer
26-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Good luck getting a doctor's appointment this afternoon!!.....:lulz:

belchardo
26-03-2015, 02:48 PM
warner :redcard:

hawk
26-03-2015, 05:10 PM
we've only 2 bowlers. we could concede 400

q-money
26-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Starc looking dangerous

goaliepersempre
26-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Cant watch it, uni having internet problems... its 9am in class over here.. so just text updates

edit now got it working, but pretty dodgy

MFKS
26-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Big blow Kohli gone for **** all.

hawk
26-03-2015, 09:28 PM
great review that

MFKS
26-03-2015, 09:33 PM
great review that

Yeah that DRS stuff will be vetoed forever now :rof:

belchardo
26-03-2015, 09:54 PM
Smith - he's not bad hey?

hawk
26-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Here he goes. India not dead

belchardo
26-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Looking forward to the members comparison of the diving techniques of BK and Dhoni.

q-money
26-03-2015, 10:10 PM
Lel gee whiz MSD off to boot the dog

Grimario
26-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Smith goes alright.

hawk
26-03-2015, 10:19 PM
done now. AUS V NZ. hope there's an underarm

plague
26-03-2015, 10:44 PM
**** standing anywhere near Mitchell Starc coming around the wicket at you.
**** that to hell.

MFKS
27-03-2015, 07:18 AM
**** standing anywhere near Mitchell Starc coming around the wicket at you.
**** that to hell.
Bit of a ****ing selection conundrum for the selectors in the Ashes.
Assuming all blokes are fit our bowling department is gonna see some **** miss out.

Mitch Johnson will obviously be there due to the physciological trauma he inflicted last time
Ryan Harris will defo be picked

Hazlewood bowling close to 150km with his height accuracy and the way he moves it off the pitch should do really ****ing well in England
Starc even though it is one day cricket his bowling is getting better and better ever since Warnie called him soft.

One of those blokes is gonna miss out as can't see us playing 4 quicks and no spinner.

Add in the likes of Pattinson and Cummins to also come back to test level and the stocks are good short term medium term and long term in the quicks department.
If only we could find a ****ing spinner

plague
27-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Bit of a ****ing selection conundrum for the selectors in the Ashes.
Assuming all blokes are fit our bowling department is gonna see some **** miss out.

Mitch Johnson will obviously be there due to the physciological trauma he inflicted last time
Ryan Harris will defo be picked

Hazlewood bowling close to 150km with his height accuracy and the way he moves it off the pitch should do really ****ing well in England
Starc even though it is one day cricket his bowling is getting better and better ever since Warnie called him soft.

One of those blokes is gonna miss out as can't see us playing 4 quicks and no spinner.

Add in the likes of Pattinson and Cummins to also come back to test level and the stocks are good short term medium term and long term in the quicks department.
If only we could find a ****ing spinner

answered your own question there Member.

plague
27-03-2015, 07:37 AM
If they can't find one (not named Warnie) the temptation will be there to play 4 quicks and have Watson/Smith and {gulp} Maxwell handle a lot of overs during the series.

Agree that right now Harris/Johnson/Hazelwood are the first 3 picked.
Starc is an excellent old ball bowler (maybe he can teach Johnson how to reverse it) and Watson for all his shitkhunterry can hold up an end.

Also the Poms don't have Swan so they may not prepare such crappy pitches this time around.

Also if Pietersen gets picked then they have to take Siddle just for the lulz.

Things look good at the moment.

MFKS
27-03-2015, 08:05 AM
If they can't find one (not named Warnie) the temptation will be there to play 4 quicks and have Watson/Smith and {gulp} Maxwell handle a lot of overs during the series.

Agree that right now Harris/Johnson/Hazelwood are the first 3 picked.
Starc is an excellent old ball bowler (maybe he can teach Johnson how to reverse it) and Watson for all his shitkhunterry can hold up an end.

Also the Poms don't have Swan so they may not prepare such crappy pitches this time around.

Also if Pietersen gets picked then they have to take Siddle just for the lulz.

Things look good at the moment.

It's Test Cricket Plague.

Lyon may not be the greatest spinner ever but you always play a spinner. I think we should have learned a lesson last Ashes in UK when we didn't pick him and paid for it.

As for the batting assuming Clarkes new found hammys and back hold up

Warner Rogers Smith Clarke are certs and Watto seems to have the blackmail material on selectors so that leaves the one spot.

Shaun Marsh done alright in the recent series V India with a couple of 50's and would have to have the inside running over Burns. I struggle to see what the No Show would provide at test level.

It still surprises me Agar has not had more of a look in at Test level. His bowling although not the finished article didn't look too far off the pace at his crack at it and as we know he holds a pretty good bat for a No 11.

Maybe he could be spinner No 7-8 batsman??

plague
27-03-2015, 08:31 AM
It still surprises me Agar has not had more of a look in at Test level. His bowling although not the finished article didn't look too far off the pace at his crack at it and as we know he holds a pretty good bat for a No 11.

Maybe he could be spinner No 7-8 batsman??

For some reason I thought he was brought in as late cover/second option for the last test v India in Sydney.
It seems he's still in the frame but to be fair I haven't seen anything of him at state level to have an opinion on how he's going.

I'm no Maxwell fan at all but I wouldn't be shocked if they kept giving him a go.

Agree you need spin but if Lyon is up and down they may just go for a couple of part timers who can bat rather than him.

It's different for England this time in that they need to win the series so pitches may be set up for a result. England have **** all bowling options at the moment so how they'll get 20 wickets is their highest problem.

I hope Aust just bats 5 days in each test and **** them right over.

Jetmaster
27-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Anybody else finding the stats getting a bit ridiculous?

I mean, OK, so Australia win 77% of games played in Sydney, when it doesn't rain, batting first, when Clarke has his morning poo before 9am, at least 3 of the team have had sex the night before and Watto had the chicken, with ginger and soy for dinner....who cares?

AB and KP pretty much bagged said stats and said "ït's what happens on the day - end of".

MFKS
27-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Anybody else finding the stats getting a bit ridiculous?

I mean, OK, so Australia win 77% of games played in Sydney, when it doesn't rain, batting first, when Clarke has his morning poo before 9am, at least 3 of the team have had sex the night before and Watto had the chicken, with ginger and soy for dinner....who cares?

AB and KP pretty much bagged said stats and said "ït's what happens on the day - end of".

I thought that was more so because the coverage is more international than the standard localised stuff.

Your right complete ****ing garbage.

They had one last night that said if Dhoni is not out in a run chase he has only ever lost one game tied one and won 38 others.
Seriously who gives a ****. The reason he only has lost one game is cause in every other run chase India lose he gets out because he is usually their last hope and has to swing hard and get the runs or gets out trying.

FFS not rocking science

Jetmaster
28-03-2015, 10:38 AM
I think it is because Star Sports provide most of the collateral and has a very "Ïndian" feel to it - I mean, during the chase the other night compare the camera shots on Aussie fans to Indian fans.

MFKS
28-03-2015, 11:07 AM
I think it is because Star Sports provide most of the collateral and has a very "Ïndian" feel to it - I mean, during the chase the other night compare the camera shots on Aussie fans to Indian fans.

The most captivating camera shot of the night was the Indian bloke with war paint on and tears streaming down his face just after Kohli got out. Bloke obviously had no faith in the rest of his team cause they were still well in at 2 for 80 odd going at 5-6 an over

Probably not as good as the shots the other night with AB De Villiers and Morkel balling their eyes out when the realisation they had choked again dawned on them

Jetmaster
28-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Yeah, this guy....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s417x417/11083647_827827717290156_3968930111239670887_n.jpg ?oh=c42101c570873f83abdb76bcf955d125&oe=55A5761D&__gda__=1434037499_6b8de9d6ce333a12cb6195b8fffd683 2

Seriously though, how freaky did this guy look...

http://drop.ndtv.com/albums/SPORTS/indiafansscg/fans2.jpg

hawk
29-03-2015, 12:43 AM
^awesome. has knob forehead as well. tick

hawk
29-03-2015, 05:18 PM
aus to get bowled out for 170

Jeterpool
29-03-2015, 08:53 PM
aus to get bowled out for 170

Not quite

MFKS
29-03-2015, 09:42 PM
One thing I will say for the cricket.
**** it has been good seeing us back in the canary yellow

Never been a fan of the green shit they have been in the last few years.

ODI cricket may only have 40 years history but our history is canary yellow.

****ing embrace it Cricket Australia FFS

q-money
30-03-2015, 09:20 PM
Starc is an outstanding bowler, nice for Clarke to go out like that. mccullum would have been better off chasing I reckon, stacked the pressure on himself by having a bat.

Haddin is still a prize ****wit and always will be though. Johnsons send off of Vettori was uncalled for as well. But, if anything though I hope this means cricket Australia and NZ cricket give us more games because da rivalry has never been stronger etc

The Dunster
30-03-2015, 09:24 PM
They should have a one day series and call it the Trevor Chappell Cup.

hawk
31-03-2015, 06:08 PM
A pressure run chase where we haven't folded. has often gone pear shaped.

Great to see Starc bowl well. Always had a great action, needed the Mcgrath accuracy.