PDA

View Full Version : Socceroos Transfers

pv4
11-07-2012, 08:40 AM
thread to discuss the movements of our socceroos/future socceroos.

spira has moved from urawa red diamonds to some cashed up qatari club:

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/245222,spiranovic-signs-for-qatar-club.aspx

Spiranovic Signs For Qatar Club

http://i46.tinypic.com/izufx5.jpg
ON THE DOTTED LINE...Al Arabi announce Spira move

FRINGE Socceroo Matthew Spiranovic has sealed a move away from Urawa Red Diamonds to join Qatar club, Al Arabi, its website said today.

Spiranovic, 24, has struggled for game time in the J.League recently after moving to Urawa from FC Nuremburg in 2010, initially on loan but making the move permanent later that year.

Al Arabi's website today ran a picture of Spiranovic signing the deal to take him to the Middle East, subject to a medical on Tuesday morning.

It's understood the defender is moving on a two year contract.

being one of my favourite socceroos/fringe socceroos, i'm really upset with this move. not because of the money involved, and not the notion that he's moving to a club he's hoping to actually get gametime for, but because of how shit the qatar league is. he needs to be playing first-team at a decent club in a decent league.

also that picture looks like one of the sketchiest deals gone down ever. the only thing missing from the picture is a briefcase opened towards spira, and some ak's being held.

GazFish35
11-07-2012, 09:13 AM
also that picture looks like one of the sketchiest deals gone down ever. the only thing missing from the picture is a briefcase opened towards spira, and some ak's being held.

why? Looks pretty standard tbh. Club officials, hotel room/lobby, player. What's dodgy?

pv4
11-07-2012, 09:32 AM
well like i said, put a briefcase full of money in there & have those guys holding ak's & it wouldn't look that out of place.

that scene looks like zohan is about to kick the door down.

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/zohankick.jpg

if you'd rather i just used the word racism in there somewhere, then feel free to take it that way also. but i'd imagine three dudes of any race/clothing/etc in the same stances, facial expressions and environment as that picture would look just as much like the guy at the back was holding a gun to the players back as it does now.

carry on.

Jeterpool
11-07-2012, 10:07 AM
McDonald is on the transfer list at Boro too

GazFish35
11-07-2012, 10:07 AM
if you'd rather i just used the word racism in there somewhere, then feel free to take it that way also.

Ease up.
Just asking why you thought it looked dodgy.
Looks like a very normal pose for a contract signing, some dudes at a desk, some dudes standing behind them.

http://www.ahs72iaf.org/resources/_wsb_540x384_Contract+Signing+3.jpg

parksey
11-07-2012, 01:00 PM
if you'd rather i just used the word racism in there somewhere, then feel free to take it that way also. but i'd imagine three dudes of any race/clothing/etc in the same stances, facial expressions and environment as that picture would look just as much like the guy at the back was holding a gun to the players back as it does now.

haha sure pal.

parksey
11-07-2012, 07:18 PM
"i'm not racist but those arabs look dodgy"

pv4
11-07-2012, 07:26 PM

thats how I remember it going down.

anyway, carry on with rumours. didnt someone else move to the uae today?

front2
11-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Ease up.
Just asking why you thought it looked dodgy.
Looks like a very normal pose for a contract signing, some dudes at a desk, some dudes standing behind them.

http://www.ahs72iaf.org/resources/_wsb_540x384_Contract+Signing+3.jpg

Bastos!

GazFish35
12-07-2012, 12:02 AM
thats how I remember it going down.

anyway, carry on with rumours. didnt someone else move to the uae today?

Porta did.

pv4
12-07-2012, 01:39 PM
the og monster wrote a really nice letter to seongnam fans to say he's leaving

http://esifc.com/editor/img_data/be9b90ad11c1e4f1d170f683b50af3bb.jpg

Jeterpool
12-07-2012, 01:44 PM
the og monster wrote a really nice letter to seongnam fans to say he's leaving

http://esifc.com/editor/img_data/be9b90ad11c1e4f1d170f683b50af3bb.jpg

Where is he headed?

goaliepersempre
12-07-2012, 01:44 PM
thats quality og.. :)

Hamma12
12-07-2012, 01:53 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa%C5%A1a_Ognenovski

Qatari side Umm-Salal

GazFish35
12-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Pure class.

parksey
12-07-2012, 05:57 PM
looks dodgy to me

belchardo
12-07-2012, 08:47 PM
he's got a great ghost writer.

Grimario
13-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Journo for The Adelaide Advertiser has tweeted "A Socceroo has been presented to Adelaide" and reds fans are speculating... Burns is their current favourite, I think.

hawk
16-07-2012, 10:55 PM

pv4
well like i said, put a briefcase full of money in there & have those guys holding ak's & it wouldn't look that out of place

rofl :pissup:

Jeterpool
17-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Journo for The Adelaide Advertiser has tweeted "A Socceroo has been presented to Adelaide" and reds fans are speculating... Burns is their current favourite, I think.

Interesting to see if anything comes of this...

Grimario
17-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Interesting to see if anything comes of this...

Apparently it was Adam Sarota and "their interest has cooled"

uberdoo
24-07-2012, 04:19 AM
any one watching the Olympics football Brazil looked awesome the other night

Jeterpool
24-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Nah missed it.

Qualifiers kicking off soon aren't they?

Jeterpool
24-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Apparently it was Adam Sarota and "their interest has cooled"

Interesting. He isn't getting much of a look in at his club, Utrecht (?) is he!

I wonder how Jimmy Holland is doing

BodyNovo
24-07-2012, 08:51 AM
word on twitter has tim cahill moving to new york red bulls.

massive news if true.

pv4
24-07-2012, 09:00 AM
word on twitter has tim cahill moving to new york red bulls.

massive news if true.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/246286,cahill-set-for-new-york-move.aspx

Marcus
24-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Confirmed.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/07/23/blues-agree-cahill-deal

Everton have agreed with Major League Soccer (MLS) that Tim Cahill can be transferred to the New York Red Bulls.

Tim, 32, will move to the Red Bulls for a nominal fee, subject to agreeing personal terms and passing a medical. He will travel to the US in the next few days.

He has played 278 times for Everton since his move from Millwall in 2004, scoring 68 goals. An Australian international with 55 caps, Tim has scored 24 times for his country

boz-monaut
24-07-2012, 09:06 AM
big news

I watched a Red Bulls game the other day - wow has Henry's talent faded with age

Cahill behind him will be an asset to that team though if they play him in in behind Henry, providing simple balls for him to **** up

BodyNovo
24-07-2012, 09:33 AM
*insert comment on how cahill is a grub for not coming back to the HAL to give back to the game and how he is a massive sell out*

pv4
24-07-2012, 09:36 AM
*insert comment on how cahill is a grub for not coming back to the HAL to give back to the game and how he is a massive sell out*

i'm more interested in why the ffa didn't jump in and try and pay for some of his transfer fee & actually aid any club to get him here.

BodyNovo
24-07-2012, 09:38 AM
i'm more interested in why the ffa didn't jump in and try and pay for some of his transfer fee & actually aid any club to get him here.

because its the FFA

Jeterpool
24-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Good luck to him. He wouldn't be able to get the decent service he requires coming to this league. The crosses in this league are appaulling at times

Pico
24-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Be interesting to see if a promoter will start pitching a Red bull tour to aus now with Cahill & Henry in the line up.

pv4
24-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Be interesting to see if a promoter will start pitching a Red bull tour to aus now with Cahill & Henry in the line up.

will probably be our next feature match much like the "qantas cup" v galaxy

parksey
24-07-2012, 02:57 PM

well, apart from living in new york which would be a massive pull, he has kinda dogged the a-league here. the mls isn't really that much better in terms of quality.

pv4
24-07-2012, 02:59 PM
living in new york

the team is based in new jersey - he's dogged the league.

boz-monaut
24-07-2012, 03:01 PM
perhaps you shouldn't be using the word "dogged" as a verb parksey

you probably mean something quite different by it than most people would

parksey
24-07-2012, 04:29 PM
:lulz:

The Dunster
24-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Interesting. He isn't getting much of a look in at his club, Utrecht (?) is he!

I wonder how Jimmy Holland is doing

Holland went to FK Austria Vienna (Austrian Bundesliga) on a free transfer in January 2012.

He's getting game time ( about a dozen or so games) and is off contract June 2013.

Doing well but not great.

belchardo
24-07-2012, 05:03 PM

i am disappointed. i understand his reasons, but being in the MLS he is a small fish in a big pond. here in australia he would have been the biggest fish in the pond, with all marketing opportunities he could wish for. thus setting himself up financially better than playing a few seasons in the MLS.

would have liked to have seen him play here. am disappointed he isn't.

GazFish35
24-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Maybe he wants to enjoy a little anonymity and avoid the ****s in the Australian media.
He has dogged the a-league. He's dodged becoming a victim of tall poppy syndrome.

Pico
24-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Lets not forget Everton scored a $1m transfer fee, no aleague team would have paid that, not even for Cahill.

GazFish35
24-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Surprised they let him go so cheap to be honest.

Disinterested Bystander
24-07-2012, 08:55 PM
i am disappointed. i understand his reasons, but being in the MLS he is a small fish in a big pond. here in australia he would have been the biggest fish in the pond, with all marketing opportunities he could wish for. thus setting himself up financially better than playing a few seasons in the MLS.

would have liked to have seen him play here. am disappointed he isn't.

You seriously think setting finances come into consideration? He's spent 8 years playing in the Premier League, if he hasn't set himself up for life already he's a complete ****ing retard, even taking into account that his agent has probably swindled him out of half his professional earnings.

BodyNovo
25-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Surprised they let him go so cheap to be honest.

i don't think it was so much the fee, more his high wage bill. i think you will find they are trying to free up funds to sign piennar, and keep fellani and baines who are both hot property for a couple of big clubs.

also they had just signed naismith and the form of jelavic last season ment chances were going to get tough for cahill in the future.

Marcus
25-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Who says he still won't end up here some day.... I'd probably do the same thing.

GazFish35
25-07-2012, 04:29 PM
i don't think it was so much the fee, more his high wage bill. i think you will find they are trying to free up funds to sign piennar, and keep fellani and baines who are both hot property for a couple of big clubs.

also they had just signed naismith and the form of jelavic last season ment chances were going to get tough for cahill in the future.

Yeah I know what you're saying about saving everton coin on wages, I just thought he might have been sold 3 times what he transferred for. 1mil was low IMO.

uberdoo
29-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Yeah I know what you're saying about saving everton coin on wages, I just thought he might have been sold 3 times what he transferred for. 1mil was low IMO.

heard some good rumours about Brendan Rodgers' tactics and some of the crap that goes on at Everton. Reckon Kaka is heading bact to AC and Chelsea are about to splash the cash on some Braziian

Jeterpool
30-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Rumours going round that Norwich are interested in Brad Jones

au revoir
08-08-2012, 01:27 AM
audacious first post. slightly off topic, but i'll allow it.

bonjour imposteur
08-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Good for the revolution imo

boz-monaut
08-08-2012, 07:59 AM
now I'm seeing double

four au revoirs

au revoir
08-08-2012, 11:33 AM
was wondering if he'd show up again.

boz-monaut
08-08-2012, 11:56 AM
it's really not hard to work out which is the real one

just leaves the question of which one to delete?

selassie
08-08-2012, 02:12 PM
when is someone going to make a multi of me?

Grimario
08-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Massimo Luongo has gone to Ipswich on loan from Spurs.

*future socceroo

Hamma12
08-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Massimo Luongo has gone to Ipswich on loan from Spurs.

*future socceroo

Came through the youth ranks at Apia.
Judging by his height he is probably good in the air.
Only 19 atm also

militiamon
18-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Carney Set For Bunyodkor Exit

EXCLUSIVE: Socceroo David Carney has ruled out a return to the A-League but is almost certainly headed for the exit at Bunyodkor after starting talks to end his contract.

Carney, 28, is speaking with club officials today and could know within 24 hours whether he will be granted permission to leave on a free.

But the former Sydney FC player insists he won’t be returning to Australia any time soon, preferring to continue to pursue his career overseas.

Carney’s agent, Ante Ailovic, said the relationship between his client and the Uzbekistan club had irreparably broken down since inking a deal in February.

“The relationship there isn’t what it was when he first started with them,” Ailovic said.

“I’d rather he not stay there – I’d rather he move on. I think there must be some financial concerns (at the club), that’s what I’ve been hearing from my people over there.

“But it’s our decision. Bunyodkor will not be determining whether to terminate the contract it will be in our own hands - it’s not up to them it’s up to us."

Carney, whose contract winds up at the end of November, has seen little game time this season. He was also excluded from the squad to face Adelaide United in the first leg of the AFC Champions League quarter-final at Hindmarsh on Wednesday.

Ailovic said the club had focused on using him in the AFC but had a change of heart when Carney indicated he wanted leave.

“We spoke about moving on and they were trying to be strong….We’ll see what happens,” he said. “I’m pretty confident, the way and shape the club’s in, that they’ll let him go free.

“The football’s good (over there), it’s professional enough but I’d rather he move where it’s more civilised, if you know what I mean, in terms of culture.”

Ailovic admitted his client’s immediate club future was in limbo until an agreement could be reached with the Uzbekistan outfit.

“To be honest I haven’t moved forward at the moment because he’s still contracted with the club,” he said.

“Until I get strong information that we will be moving forward on the basis that he can leave on a free. But at the moment there’s no use offering him anywhere else.

“The way things are now if I do find a club I feel that (Bundyodkor) is just going to put a heavy transfer fee on his head.”

One thing is certain, the A-League doesn’t rate in his immediate plans.

“The A-League? I don’t think so in the next couple of years yet,” Ailovic said.

“Overseas is what we’re focused on. The next couple of years guaranteed – after that it’s a choice he’ll have to make.”

Carney has endured a nomadic footballing career since leaving the Sky Blues. Earlier in the year he left Spanish Segunda Division club Alcorcon where he struggled for first-team opportunities.

His long list of previous clubs includes Blackpool, FC Twente, Sheffield United and Everton. His contract with Bunyodkor made him the first Australian to play in Uzbekistan.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/251031,carney-set-for-bunyodkor-exit.aspx

ffs, this guy, lol

(It's his agent, but still)

seldom
18-09-2012, 10:18 PM
lot of players i'd like to see come to the HAL...Carney's not one of em

slobsy
08-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Carney trialling at Persepolis

Grimario
26-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Kisnorbo has moved to Liaoning Whowin.

And because it was so good, I've already made the joke "Better than joining Liaoning Wholose"

belchardo
10-07-2013, 12:33 PM
so schwarzer has moved to Chelsea. will be no. 2 behind Cech.

thoughts?

first, i think he has been a great servant of the game and appears to me to still be at the top of his game.

but i think his position is seriously undermined by going to chelsea where he is unlikely to see limited (if any) game time in the lead up to the world cup. for me, goalkeeper is probably the only position that is harmed by having the occassional week on the sidelines. i just think this is a crazy move. he would have been better off (in my opinion) moving out of the EPL to another league to guarantee first team football.

that said, do we have any first team keepers at a similar level now? langerak? federici?

GazFish35
10-07-2013, 12:38 PM
He'll no doubt be on good coin, good on him.
He'll learn from mourinho, good for him.

He'll coach the socceroos to a World Cup...... In 2030, good for us.

Langerak and even Covic must be keen for big seasons.
Mitch isn't getting huge game time other.

Grimario
10-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Unless Cech gets injured, you can't see Schwarzer playing more than the occasional cup game, surely? Just seems a strange move for someone who wants to play at a WC next year. Dropping down a division and playing 40 games seemed to be the smarter move.

We are going to Brazil with Ryan in goals, aren't we? :gent:

BodyNovo
10-07-2013, 02:06 PM
he is 40 now, I think he is now at an age where he doesn't need to be playing week to week consistent football.

he will be training everyday with one of the worlds best keeper and one of the best set ups in England.

think about how many games Chelsea play a year 50? (champions league, cup games, etc.)

cech isn't going to play every game. if schwarzer gets close to 10-15 games I think he will be happy.

he wouldn't have signed for Chelsea without the assurances from Mourinho that he was going to get game time as well at some point.

BodyNovo
10-07-2013, 02:08 PM
he is 40 now, I think he is now at an age where he doesn't need to be playing week to week consistent football.

he will be training everyday with one of the worlds best keeper and one of the best set ups in England.

think about how many games Chelsea play a year 50? (champions league, cup games, etc.)

cech isn't going to play every game. if schwarzer gets close to 10-15 games I think he will be happy.

he wouldn't have signed for Chelsea without the assurances from Mourinho that he was going to get game time as well at some point.

GazFish35
10-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Assurances from mourinho mean **** all though

Imyourhero
10-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Cech was hardly in career form last season too. Would be interesting to see how many games he played last season across all competitions.

pv4
10-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Schwarzer is one of those keepers that could take an opportunity and seize it. If Cech gets suspended/injured/whatever and Schwarzer is given a shot, he could make the spot his easily. Not many top clubs in England have keepers who could legit lay claim to the starting gk spot if given the opportunity.

militiamon
10-07-2013, 03:07 PM
In an ideal world he would be the no.1 for an EPL team. Unfortunately for him it's become clear that's not an option. I haven't followed it closely but I heard that the alternatives were Championship teams or even League 1 teams. That would be a far worse situation imo.

Like pv4 said, if he gets the chance he'll no doubt take it and take it well. There will be more than a few opportunities for him to play in Europe, Cup matches and so on.

From the pov of the Socceroos, the replacements are all there, so if we need to make the change I don't think we're going to be too put out.

GazFish35
10-07-2013, 03:32 PM
He should have gone to aresnal.....

4yrs ago.

Grimario
10-07-2013, 04:11 PM
From the pov of the Socceroos, the replacements are all there, so if we need to make the change I don't think we're going to be too put out.

Who and where exactly?

Federici has fallen out of the #1 spot and is behind a 23yo prospect in Alex McCarthy.
Langerak is bench warming behind Weidenfeller and isn't likely to oust him anytime soon.
Jones is benchwarmer behind Reina (or whoever Liverpool bring in).
Galekovic plays in a shit quality league.
Ryan has just moved to a new country and no idea if he is even #1 there.

That's all of our Socceroo call ups in the last 12 months. If you want to look at those who have played in all age groups...

U23 - Birraz, shit league for one of the worst teams. :gent::lulz:
U23 - Thomas, shit league behind Coe, not very good.
U20 - Izzo/Duncan/Bouzanis - :lulz::lulz::lulz::lulz:

So... who are the replacements you speak of?

GazFish35
10-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Covic.

You just watch.
He's in the a-league all stars team so he must be good.

plague
10-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Cech was hardly in career form last season too. Would be interesting to see how many games he played last season across all competitions.
This. Plus Cech is made of chalk.
One good 'Gillooly' at training and the first team spot is open.

Plus don't Chelsea have some awesome young keeper out on loan in Spain somewhere?

Grimario
10-07-2013, 06:21 PM

Plus don't Chelsea have some awesome young keeper out on loan in Spain somewhere?

The Belgian #1, Thibault Courteous. Apparently the original plan was 2 years loan at Atletico Madrid then 3rd season back in the EPL with a lower tier club. I don't think they expected him to cement the starting spot at Atletico Madrid like he has...

plague
10-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Ryan is pants anyway.
Don't know what the ****ing fapfest is with the bloke.
•rubbish under the high ball.
•shit organizer/communicator.
•gypo.
•talks like a mong.
•shit taking AND stopping spottys.
•gypo.
•one footed.

Gypo coaches know it too, no complaints when he left.

plague
10-07-2013, 06:24 PM
The Belgian #1, Thibault Courteous. Apparently the original plan was 2 years loan at Atletico Madrid then 3rd season back in the EPL with a lower tier club. I don't think they expected him to cement the starting spot at Atletico Madrid like he has...

Ahhhh that's him.
Cheers Grimario.
That kid is really good.

militiamon
10-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Who and where exactly?

Federici has fallen out of the #1 spot and is behind a 23yo prospect in Alex McCarthy.
Langerak is bench warming behind Weidenfeller and isn't likely to oust him anytime soon.
Jones is benchwarmer behind Reina (or whoever Liverpool bring in).
Galekovic plays in a shit quality league.
Ryan has just moved to a new country and no idea if he is even #1 there.

That's all of our Socceroo call ups in the last 12 months. If you want to look at those who have played in all age groups...

U23 - Birraz, shit league for one of the worst teams. :gent::lulz:
U23 - Thomas, shit league behind Coe, not very good.
U20 - Izzo/Duncan/Bouzanis - :lulz::lulz::lulz::lulz:

So... who are the replacements you speak of?

All valid points, but there's far more concerning situations in other positions in the squad (e.g left-back, centre-back).

Grimario
10-07-2013, 06:50 PM
All valid points, but there's far more concerning situations in other positions in the squad (e.g left-back, centre-back).

Absolutely but you weren't questioning them... :gent:

GazFish35
10-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Gypo coaches know it too, no complaints when he left.

That may have more to do with his departure meaning they got paid that week rather than his footballing ability.

plague
10-07-2013, 08:04 PM
That may have more to do with his departure meaning they got paid that week rather than his footballing ability.

What? Don't other GM's give their players away for free?

Oh, just ours.

**** Middleby.

Bluebeard
13-07-2013, 09:56 PM

Yes, we do, so looking good with the keepers for a few years

pv4
26-11-2013, 12:44 PM
David Carney released by NY Red Bulls.

With Jamieson out of Perth, would seem logical for them to have a go at signing Carney as a replacement.

BodyNovo
26-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Carney has middle east written all over him.

Grimario
26-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Carney has definite SFC recruit written all over him after Tiago copes a year long ban.

joel31
26-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Carney has definite SFC recruit written all over him after Tiago copes a year long ban.
Just when I thought Sydney's defence couldn't get any worse

Grimario
26-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Carney at DL isn't as bad as Warren at DL, let's be honest...

Jeterpool
26-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Carney at DL isn't as bad as Warren at DL, let's be honest...

A garden gnome beats both. Carney and Warren are both pretty much moving chicanes

joel31
26-11-2013, 02:56 PM
And its funny that you brought Carney into the Socceroos transfer thread.

BodyNovo
05-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Good move for davidson and good to have another aussie in the prem.

The World Game

The Baggies have paid an undisclosed sum for Davidson, who was in dispute with Heracles bosses over whether he was able to leave the club as a free agent.

After long negotiations the left-back, who played all three games for Australia at the FIFA World Cup where his reputation was significantly enhanced, was informed he was free to pursue his dream of playing in one of Europe's top leagues.

Heracles was seeking to impose a one-year contract extension to keep him at the club and Davidson has been effectively in limbo after declining to return to pre-season training.

He will meet his new teammates on Tuesday (AEST) after undergoing a medical and officially signing his contract at the Hawthorns.

West Brom led a multi-club chase for Davidson, with strong interest from two Serie A side and another in the Bundesliga.

Davidson will be competing for the left-back spot with Sebastien Pocognoli, the Belgian international signed from Hannover 96 for an undisclosed fee three weeks ago, following the exits of Liam Ridgewell and Goran Popov.

While he missed the bulk of the pre-season due to his dispute with Heracles, the 23-year-old is willing to back himself to claim the spot as West Brom boss Alan Irvine seeks depth in every position this season.

The Baggies kick off the new season at home to Sunderland on 17 August (AEST).

pv4
05-08-2014, 10:08 AM
I don't know a heap about Wbrom but I've been told this year they're looking to play a 5 man (or 3 man, however you look at it) backline, similar to LVG at Manure. Davidson can play a bit of CB too - maybe a left sided centreback, or left wingback, can see both him & the new Belgian player both line up.

MFKS
05-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Don't know what the love in is with England with Aussies.

If Serie A were interested a defender should want to go there. They know how to teach you how to defend

GazFish35
05-08-2014, 10:29 AM
money

MFKS
05-08-2014, 11:14 AM
money
Getting beaten every week at a club who won't win a thing seems like a great career move regardless of how much money you get.

Then again we don't hold it against those blokes who signed to play for Newy:rof:

West Brom leads nowhere. Serie A will see you develop so that one day you may end up at a club with legitimate aspirations to actually win trophies

pv4
05-08-2014, 11:18 AM
I really don't see the issue that Australian football fans have with the English leagues nowadays. All the hipsters be like "Eredivisie, Belgium or Bulli 2 for development", when let's be real for a second - have a look at our golden generation, the 06 WC team, and tell me what league the majority of them played in.

MFKS
05-08-2014, 11:26 AM
I really don't see the issue that Australian football fans have with the English leagues nowadays. All the hipsters be like "Eredivisie, Belgium or Bulli 2 for development", when let's be real for a second - have a look at our golden generation, the 06 WC team, and tell me what league the majority of them played in.

Most of them were playing for the lesser lights in England. Take Kewell Viduka when at Leeds Bozza at Man U Slater for the season he spent on the pine at Blackburn and now Schwarzer riding the pine at Chelsea and they have all been at clubs without a hope in hell of competing SERIOUSLY for anything

We should be looking for well rounded footballers at the end of the day. Ridiculous how we have very little interest in getting blokes into La Liga or Serie A. Regardless of how the Italians have gone in recent times in the UCL it has always been a breeding ground for the best players on the planet to converge.

We will never advance as a nation if the holy grail is to get blokes playing for middle to lower end EPL sides

plague
05-08-2014, 10:41 PM
That route didn't hurt Tim Cahill innit?

pv4
06-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Most of them were playing for the lesser lights in England. Take Kewell Viduka when at Leeds Bozza at Man U Slater for the season he spent on the pine at Blackburn and now Schwarzer riding the pine at Chelsea and they have all been at clubs without a hope in hell of competing SERIOUSLY for anything

We will never advance as a nation if the holy grail is to get blokes playing for middle to lower end EPL sides

I feel like you're contradicting yourself.

Our best ever national team, who made it out of the group stage (a feat we haven't done since) was mostly playing middle to lower EPL sides. But to get our current gen all into the same spot wouldn't be advancing as a nation?

MFKS
06-08-2014, 08:11 AM
I feel like you're contradicting yourself.

Our best ever national team, who made it out of the group stage (a feat we haven't done since) was mostly playing middle to lower EPL sides. But to get our current gen all into the same spot wouldn't be advancing as a nation?

To think repeating where we were in 2006 will achieve much is incredibly naïve.

We were well drilled by one of the worlds leading tacticians and we played with no fear.

That being said we were actually lucky to get through the group as most World Cups will see 4 points going home. Despite how much people fap over the 2006 effort we still only won 1 game and never kept a clean sheet.

Our goal has to be bumped up from qualifying for the thing and being happy to be there to actually expecting to make it out of the group comfortably and winning the next match. There is no reason in the world why we can not do this. We spend shitloads of money on the game in this country compared to other more successful nations.

Plus WLG our blokes to me take the easy option going to England. Moving to other locations like Alemania Italia Espania where they have to learn a complete new language and deal with a culture that is dramatically different to what we are accustomed to as Aussies as well as succeeding as a pro footballer in this environment is more of an achievement than bowling up somewhere where they all speak the same language and have similar culture etc.

leftrightout
13-08-2014, 12:14 PM
A few rumours going around about Leckie and Oar.
Leckie to Stoke plus a few others and Oar to Palace.

leckie to Stoke would be a great move now with the way they are trying to play football now.

Frodo
15-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. I stumbled upon it and not sure if feel sad or find it funny. I think fulham was one of the worst teams in the world he could've moved to.http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/16/mccormack-taggart-mitroglou-felix-magath-is-stockpiling-too-many-forwards-at-fulham-4800236/

Grimario
30-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Troisi has moved to SV Zulte Waregem in the Belgian league.

MFKS
03-02-2015, 08:18 PM
This Luongo bloke (ie ****ING LEGEND) where would you like to see him end up when he gets out of Swindon and plays for a real football club befitting his talents???

Heard there was some interest from La Liga sides

Imyourhero
03-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Heard a Sevilla link, I'd love to see that move go through.
Spain would be my top choice and to avoid England unless it's an EPL side (however most links have been with championship sides).

MFKS
03-02-2015, 09:16 PM
Heard a Sevilla link, I'd love to see that move go through.
Spain would be my top choice and to avoid England unless it's an EPL side (however most links have been with championship sides).

I agree. No point going to EPL unless he is actually playing regularly. Would think the environment in Spain Italy would be much more suitable for his development

Imyourhero
03-02-2015, 09:33 PM
If we were talking a hypothetical situation where he's starting regularly for a mid table team in a top flight etc id probably go;
Spain
Germany
Italy
England
In that order.

Premy
03-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Swindon are doing quite well in League 1 ATM and look like getting promotion, if that was to be the case I think he will benefit best by re-signing with them.

Why? It's an environment that he is comfortable with already, he is currently progressing well under Mark Cooper, will be likely to get regular game time and the standard of the championship isn't fantastic but it sufficient for a 22 year old still learning his game.

pv4
03-02-2015, 11:48 PM
I have watched both Luongo and Kasim (Iraq) flourish at this Asian Cup which makes me think Swindon are doing something incredibly right in coaching these guys. Keep them at Swindon and i imagine they'll only get better!

Grimario
20-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Not that he is a Socceroo but gypo Amini is on his way out of Dortmund.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/03/19/amini-heading-dortmund-exit-new-options-beckon

MFKS
27-05-2015, 08:11 PM
Massimo Luongo to transfer to QPR

He does know that they got relegated doesn't he???

Imyourhero
27-05-2015, 09:57 PM
I guess maybe he is taking the gamble of a team where he'll still get game time and a team likely to be promoted in the future.

Jeterpool
29-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Luongo is now official.

I don't think this will be a good move for him. Villa have played young players in the past with a number of them reaching the first team. The advantage, however, of QPR over Villa is Rangers should be a stronger team in the Championship whilst Villa may be fighting relegation again. It's easier to develop in a winning team.

MFKS
29-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Luongo is now official.

I don't think this will be a good move for him. Villa have played young players in the past with a number of them reaching the first team. The advantage, however, of QPR over Villa is Rangers should be a stronger team in the Championship whilst Villa may be fighting relegation again. It's easier to develop in a winning team.
Disagree Villa are a basket case of a club

Going there was the worst thing he could have done

Moving to the Championship was the second worst thing he could have done.

Lets remember if his Swindon team didn't get pumped by the Nob End on Sunday he would have been in the Championship next season anyway.

He is at a stage of his development where not only does he need to play but he also needs to be adequately taught.

I don't see how he will achieve much going to a side where they will have a win at all costs attitude next season as they will want to get back in the EPL straight away.

He had also reached a level where he need to move upwards and to me he hasn't really done so. He is just moved marginally sideways with an upward slant.

Should have left England all together and went to the continent

parksey
29-05-2015, 02:28 PM
yeah not a fan of this move at all

rip luongo

Imyourhero
10-07-2015, 11:59 AM
With Amini and Rogic finding some good form in pre season, could one hope of a midfield three of Luongo, Amini and Rogic somewhere down the line?

Grimario
10-07-2015, 12:36 PM
With Amini and Rogic finding some good form in pre season, could one hope of a midfield three of Luongo, Amini and Rogic somewhere down the line?

Not enough defensive capacity in that. Would need Jedinak (or similar) anchoring it, for sure.

belchardo
10-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Not enough defensive capacity in that. Would need Holland (or similar) anchoring it, for sure.

fixed your error Grim.

Grimario
10-07-2015, 12:46 PM
fixed your error Grim.

Holland should have never been dropped. He's a rich mans McKay but clearly doesn't have photos of Ange or his missus or daughter.

Imyourhero
10-07-2015, 02:01 PM
Probably true about Jedinak. Pretty sure Amini has been trained now as a holding midfielder rather than the AM he was back in Australia. Obviously not a ball winner though but somebody who can distribute. If we had both Luongo and Rogic fit and in form thats a good rotational option for the AM role in our lineup.

Grimario
10-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Probably true about Jedinak. Pretty sure Amini has been trained now as a holding midfielder rather than the AM he was back in Australia. Obviously not a ball winner though but somebody who can distribute. If we had both Luongo and Rogic fit and in form thats a good rotational option for the AM role in our lineup.

If Amini has been developing as a deeper distributor, that would be great. That's what we missed in the last game... without Luongo, we had a huge failure to link the front and back thirds.

Imyourhero
10-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Obviously Luongo can play that distribution role however I'd rather seen him able to have abit of free reign further up the park. With a fit Jed, Amini, Rog and Luongo we'd have great depth in midfield combos.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
10-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Lets see if Rogic and Amini actually play (and shine) when the season proper comes around.

Tommyjet
10-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Lets see if Rogic and Amini actually play (and shine) when the season proper comes around.

Exactly, they need a run of games before this conversation should be starting.

Imyourhero
10-07-2015, 06:49 PM
I believe (given injury free) Amini will be playing regular football where he is now, Rogic has the biggest question mark. Even Luongo will have to prove himself to maintain a starting position at QPR.

Imyourhero
11-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Federici to Bournemouth in PL

GazFish35
11-07-2015, 11:42 AM
Federici to Bournemouth in PL

Great news.

Tommyjet
11-07-2015, 12:42 PM
I believe (given injury free) Amini will be playing regular football where he is now, Rogic has the biggest question mark. Even Luongo will have to prove himself to maintain a starting position at QPR.

Rogic rode the pine again overnight in a friendly.

MFKS
28-06-2016, 11:13 AM
FfA have announced that Gombau has signed as NT assistant to Ange and will also head up the Olyroo 2020 campaign

idontwannaplaywithhowey
29-06-2016, 11:11 AM
FfA have announced that Gombau has signed as NT assistant to Ange and will also head up the Olyroo 2020 campaign

Certainly an improvement on the dross we have had coaching our youth teams in recent years.

Footballers
02-01-2017, 07:49 PM
thread to discuss the movements of our socceroos/future socceroos.

spira has moved from urawa red diamonds to some cashed up qatari club:

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/245222,spiranovic-signs-for-qatar-club.aspx

being one of my favourite socceroos/fringe socceroos, i'm really upset with this move. not because of the money involved, and not the notion that he's moving to a club he's hoping to actually get gametime for, but because of how shit the qatar league is. he needs to be playing first-team at a decent club in a decent league.

very nice .

12-06-2017, 09:47 PM
What are the latest news on the transfer market?

Captain Obvious
12-06-2017, 11:02 PM
What are the latest news on the transfer market?

Some players have gone from one team to another and some players haven't changed teams.

MFKS
19-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Hearing Mooy is off to Newcadtle United

**** I hope it aint us

boz-monaut
19-07-2018, 09:19 PM
Brighton have signed two keepers in the past few weeks

any word on what this means for Matt Ryan?

MFKS
19-07-2018, 09:49 PM
Brighton have signed two keepers in the past few weeks

any word on what this means for Matt Ryan?

No idea

But I thought he was reasonably solid at Brighton

**** knows what their Manager is thinking though neither of them look like they going to walk in and take his place signings

evolution
20-07-2018, 10:40 AM
No idea

But I thought he was reasonably solid at Brighton

**** knows what their Manager is thinking though neither of them look like they going to walk in and take his place signings

Fulham fan here. Don't know anything about the other keeper they have signed, but David Button is terrible and I'm glad to be rid of him. Can't believe another EPL club signed him honestly.

He was no chance of getting any game time ahead of Bettinelli last season so I don't believe Ryan will be in any trouble at all.

Frodo
20-07-2018, 01:56 PM
Jason Steele wasn't good enough for Sunderland... yes SUNDERLAND!! so I don't think Ryan is in trouble there either.

Bremsstrahlung
29-08-2020, 11:59 AM
Mooy to China.

My2BobsWorth
29-08-2020, 07:37 PM
As member said a few posts up, thank fuk its not here

Bremsstrahlung
27-06-2022, 09:14 AM
Mabil to La Liga.
Team finished 17th last season. Hopefully lots of game time and a good preseason/start to the season for him.

Hopefully some more of our Socceroos and Olyroos can get picked up by clubs in top leagues.