PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

StannyCFCJET
21-10-2016, 10:11 PM
Anyone tried FM 17 i think its pretty decent. Was doing a Jets save but some bug reguarding Cahil as a normal players intead of guest player makes Melbourne City release their whole squad

WolfMan
21-10-2016, 11:10 PM
I'm still sporadically playing FM15 lol.

Just finished season 2023/24 winning Serie B with Livorno, setting a record for goals scored (96)

Grimario
22-10-2016, 12:01 PM
There's lots of little bugs in Oz that annoyed me... like the whole Newcastle Jets NPL side and affiliation rules.

StannyCFCJET
25-10-2016, 05:34 PM
There's lots of little bugs in Oz that annoyed me... like the whole Newcastle Jets NPL side and affiliation rules.

Ive had the same problem i think its the same with all aleague clubs. They simply havent added the move to affiliated club option. Had to sign all our young players

Grimario
26-10-2016, 12:40 PM
The best Oz bug is that Cahill hasn't got a marquee contract. City have released 90% of their squad and are playing with grey fake players, coming last in the league. :gent:

StannyCFCJET
26-10-2016, 04:11 PM
The best Oz bug is that Cahill hasn't got a marquee contract. City have released 90% of their squad and are playing with grey fake players, coming last in the league. :gent:

This problem happens id say 4/5 times you start an aleague save. Hope its fixed in the full game

Grimario
27-10-2016, 01:27 PM
City finished with the spoon. Perth won the league, Smurfs second, Jerks third. We got knocked out by Brisbane after Vujica gave away a penalty.

Was interesting to see how the squad changed over the season... Brennan was cut before Jets even started, brought in former Arsenal youth product Arturo Lupoli on loan. Also cut Brown and brought in another Italian journeyman striker, Davis Curiale.

Last line up was:

JD
Hoole - Boogs - Mullen - Vujica
Cowburn - Ugar - Kanta
Clut
Curiale - Pavicevic

Jackson, Kokko and Lupoli were all out with injuries and were definitely starters. Jackson has the most appearances, 22 all in the line up, none from bench. Lupoli and Kokko had 17 goals between them. BK, Poljak and Hoffman all have more starts than their replacements in the line up but started on the bench.

The two loans are going to end soon and it also looks like Nordstrand, Ugarkovic and Kantarovski will not get extensions.

Nordstrand took up a big pay rise in the middle east. Ugar was released but Kanta stays on for another two seasons. Nabbout has been transfer listed.

StannyCFCJET
27-10-2016, 06:14 PM
City finished with the spoon. Perth won the league, Smurfs second, Jerks third. We got knocked out by Brisbane after Vujica gave away a penalty.

Was interesting to see how the squad changed over the season... Brennan was cut before Jets even started, brought in former Arsenal youth product Arturo Lupoli on loan. Also cut Brown and brought in another Italian journeyman striker, Davis Curiale.

Last line up was:

JD
Hoole - Boogs - Mullen - Vujica
Cowburn - Ugar - Kanta
Clut
Curiale - Pavicevic

Jackson, Kokko and Lupoli were all out with injuries and were definitely starters. Jackson has the most appearances, 22 all in the line up, none from bench. Lupoli and Kokko had 17 goals between them. BK, Poljak and Hoffman all have more starts than their replacements in the line up but started on the bench.

The two loans are going to end soon and it also looks like Nordstrand, Ugarkovic and Kantarovski will not get extensions.

Nordstrand took up a big pay rise in the middle east. Ugar was released but Kanta stays on for another two seasons. Nabbout has been transfer listed.

you resigned Kanta released Ugar and cut Brown wtf hahaha i find that Nabbout is either amazing or useless and nordstrand never does anything for me (Did you play him as a trequista how ever you spell it?)

Grimario
27-10-2016, 06:36 PM
No... I played as Bishop's Stortford in Vanarama South. Finished third, beat Maidstone then Dartford to clinch promotion.

That was all Jones doing.

StannyCFCJET
27-10-2016, 06:41 PM
No... I played as Bishop's Stortford in Vanarama South. Finished third, beat Maidstone then Dartford to clinch promotion.

That was all Jones doing.

oh haha ****ing mr Jones haha

Grimario
01-11-2016, 12:19 PM
In the offseason, Jets have signed attacking mid Jacob Mellis (not Jacob Melling) and some Welsh player who was playing for Moreland City - http://www.scoresway.com/?sport=soccer&page=player&id=120108

They also appear to have secured Victorien Angban on loan from Chelsea for the season, pending work permit.

Adelaide released Hall, Elsey and Ochieng.
Brisbane released Pepper, Maclaren turned down contract and moved to Eredivisie and some South Korean side stumped up £1m for DeVere.
Scum released Appiah, Fletcher and some guy called Rae retired. They picked up some NPL trash and someone on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.
City are royally ****ed over by Timmy not being marquee in first season as they haven't even got a full squad. 6 Australian players, 5 visa. Teehee.
Victory released Bray (GK) and signed a striker from Lazio on loan.
Perth released Oxborrow, Reddy and Marinkovic and sold Shane Lowry for £1m to FC Seoul.
Smurfs released Simon, O'Neill, Blackwood and Holosko and replaced with some NPL players and Scott McDonald.
Nix have released a bunch of people I have never heard of and sent others on loan. Signed former Jets superstar Chris Triantis.
Wanderers released some bloke and signed another striker on loan from Europe.

So many loan strikers from Europe.

StannyCFCJET
18-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Tried the Jets atleast 10 times in FM17 always get sacked Nobby and Kokko never score goals and our squad is really weak in game

Grimario
18-01-2017, 02:51 PM
You're shit.

I won the league with Newcastle on the back of Bresciano signing in the January window.

StannyCFCJET
18-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Bresciano always wants the DOF role and I have signed him once or twice never works

StannyCFCJET
22-01-2017, 12:31 AM
http://www.powerplaymanager.com/r1533770
Here you can make own team in football, hockey, handball and basketball.

How dumb do you think we are??

Grimario
21-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Don't know how but I am about to play Lake Macquarie City FC in the FFA Cup Final. Being played in Coffs Harbour International Stadium.

How I managed to get into the final as the Jets is beyond me.

StannyCFCJET
21-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Don't know how but I am about to play Lake Macquarie City FC in the FFA Cup Final. Being played in Coffs Harbour International Stadium.

How I managed to get into the final as the Jets is beyond me.

Hahaha. How do you deal with not being given money to spend and having a shit wage budget each year?

Grimario
21-03-2017, 01:42 PM
Hahaha. How do you deal with not being given money to spend and having a shit wage budget each year?

I win stuff.

I don't give in to stupid wage demands. The salary floor isn't implemented in FM so I am currently only spending 65% of the total cap.

I am also pretty ruthless with squad culling. Alwright, Leilei, Fyfe and Vujica all got the axe.

And despite having a wage restriction, I still managed to get a Brazilian AML as marquee and picked up Vidosic on a free. I also found a youth regen winger, unattached, who was rated 5 star potential, so snapped him up. He's had 4 senior appearances, 3 of those from the bench, with an assist in the FFA cup final just now. Plan was eventually to have him start and Hoole at DR, though Hoff isn't horrendous and regen isn't up to starting yet. Not having a DL is the worst... Jackson starts there (currently injured) and Cowburn is back up but am very much looking forward to getting a proper DL next season.

StannyCFCJET
21-03-2017, 01:49 PM
I win stuff.

I don't give in to stupid wage demands. The salary floor isn't implemented in FM so I am currently only spending 65% of the total cap.

I am also pretty ruthless with squad culling. Alwright, Leilei, Fyfe and Vujica all got the axe.

And despite having a wage restriction, I still managed to get a Brazilian AML as marquee and picked up Vidosic on a free. I also found a youth regen winger, unattached, who was rated 5 star potential, so snapped him up. He's had 4 senior appearances, 3 of those from the bench, with an assist in the FFA cup final just now. Plan was eventually to have him start and Hoole at DR, though Hoff isn't horrendous and regen isn't up to starting yet. Not having a DL is the worst... Jackson starts there (currently injured) and Cowburn is back up but am very much looking forward to getting a proper DL next season.

I had Brockie as a DP season 2-3-4 was average but Kokko scored 14 goals two seasons in a row in seasons 2-3 (then got homesick and left) as for the players you got rid off all of them had to be released cause no-one would buy them and they were counting against the salary cap. It also seemed like to me every other a-league club even the gypos could spend up to 1mil each off season and I was lucky to get 200K to spend. Then i get sacked early season 4 for 4 losses in a row. But my Main problem was Season 1-2-3, Three games to go were in the 6 with a points buffer and the last 3 games of each season get I got randomly flogged each game and crashed out of the 6 each time

Grimario
21-03-2017, 01:58 PM
I haven't won anything yet, apart from FFA Cup. Don't really know what is going to happen in the off season.

If it turns out like the last few saves and clubs release their entire squads because they brought a player in from Europe on a 25k per week loan agreement, I won't bother anymore.

Labi is actually my top scorer with 9 in 7 appearances. He's only in the squad because my Brazilian LW broke a toe and I am considering seeing how the LW goes at LB when he returns. I play with CWB so having an attacking player there might work better than a right footed Cowburn or lumbering Jackson.

PS Brockie DP? Jeebus.

StannyCFCJET
21-03-2017, 02:00 PM
I haven't won anything yet, apart from FFA Cup. Don't really know what is going to happen in the off season.

If it turns out like the last few saves and clubs release their entire squads because they brought a player in from Europe on a 25k per week loan agreement, I won't bother anymore.

Labi is actually my top scorer with 9 in 7 appearances. He's only in the squad because my Brazilian LW broke a toe and I am considering seeing how the LW goes at LB when he returns. I play with CWB so having an attacking player there might work better than a right footed Cowburn or lumbering Jackson.

PS Brockie DP? Jeebus.

So your on season 1? and Brockie wanted 8k and I was dumb enough to give him that and assuming he'd be as good as he was for us IRL

Grimario
21-03-2017, 02:29 PM
So your on season 1? and Brockie wanted 8k and I was dumb enough to give him that and assuming he'd be as good as he was for us IRL

Yep. Apart from FFA Cup success, I am doing quite terrible. Only one loss but six draws out of 9 :( Currently in 7th.

Very Jets like. BK and Nobby have demanded transfers, so hopefully get them out in the Jan window and get two players in... a left back and someone better than Kanta/Poljak in midfield.

Did just get third win of the season against Perf, 3-6-1 has me in 4th.

StannyCFCJET
21-03-2017, 02:36 PM
Yep. Apart from FFA Cup success, I am doing quite terrible. Only one loss but six draws out of 9 :( Currently in 7th.

Very Jets like. BK and Nobby have demanded transfers, so hopefully get them out in the Jan window and get two players in... a left back and someone better than Kanta/Poljak in midfield.

Bk always asks to leave. Nobby asking to leave? wow is he homesick or upet over lack of games? Also are you conceding loads of goals from crosses where defenders don't track runs?

Grimario
21-03-2017, 02:46 PM
Bk always asks to leave. Nobby asking to leave? wow is he homesick or upet over lack of games? Also are you conceding loads of goals from crosses where defenders don't track runs?

Nobby has played 7 games, all off the bench. Has no place in a single striker formation with Vidosic playing at AMC.

And not really... I've only conceded 10 goals. 5 of those from through balls, 4 from crosses and 1 from a mistake. Haven't conceded a single header.

My goal scoring source is nicely spread... 2 corner, 1 FK, 3 passes, 3 crosses, 3 through balls and mix of type as well with 7 placed shots, 3 power shots, 3 headers and 2 pens.

StannyCFCJET
21-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Hoole at RB how does that work? In past saves he's done nothing for me on the right flank then whinges he isnt getting gametime

Grimario
21-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Hoole at RB how does that work? In past saves he's done nothing for me on the right flank then whinges he isnt getting gametime

Haven't tried it yet... he's only played there sporadically when Jackson and Hoffman were injured. He is only averaging 6.90 at AMR... his season high is 7.4 and that was at DR. Maybe I need to move him and with Brazilian AML back, I can move Labi onto the right.

Arcaba
Hoole - Boog - Mullen - Jackson
Poljak - Clut
Labi - Vidosic - Braz
Kokko

Hmm.

StannyCFCJET
21-03-2017, 05:19 PM
Haven't tried it yet... he's only played there sporadically when Jackson and Hoffman were injured. He is only averaging 6.90 at AMR... his season high is 7.4 and that was at DR. Maybe I need to move him and with Brazilian AML back, I can move Labi onto the right.

Arcaba
Hoole - Boog - Mullen - Jackson
Poljak - Clut
Labi - Vidosic - Braz
Kokko

Hmm.

Clut at CM? I found i concede heaps without a DM. Cowburn does well for me at LB have also found Haliti decent at RW, he is garbage as a solo striker. Where's Stevie U? and How did you sign Vidosic? was he a free at the start or is this January? (tried to sign dario once asked for stupid wages)

Grimario
22-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Clut at CM? I found i concede heaps without a DM. Cowburn does well for me at LB have also found Haliti decent at RW, he is garbage as a solo striker. Where's Stevie U? and How did you sign Vidosic? was he a free at the start or is this January? (tried to sign dario once asked for stupid wages)
If I choose my best eleven, they actually fit into my preferred formation, just shuffled about a bit.

Arcaba
Hoole - Boog - Jackson - Cowburn
Pojak - Ug
Vidosic - Clut - Haliti
Kokko

Unfortunately, 9 weeks out with injuries has meant by Brazilian AML has gone to shit and is now my worst rated senior squad player (not including people who I'm binning).

StannyCFCJET
22-03-2017, 11:42 AM
If I choose my best eleven, they actually fit into my preferred formation, just shuffled about a bit.

Arcaba
Hoole - Boog - Jackson - Cowburn
Pojak - Ug
Vidosic - Clut - Haliti
Kokko

Unfortunately, 9 weeks out with injuries has meant by Brazilian AML has gone to shit and is now my worst rated senior squad player (not including people who I'm binning).

Was he over 30yrs of age by any chance? I started a save on Monday night, cause I wanted all the updated teams and yoofs ETC.

Vidosic is my guest player and signed Thwaite on a free who is a boss. Somehow as well with Vidosic as a guest I'm only paying him at total of 2$ each for goals and appearance fees not sure if a bug or not. Ma lei lei and Fyfe keep getting injured so struggling to move them on and decided to keep BK as third choice as he hasn't asked to leave and no one will buy him. Alessi at RB doesnt seem to work though so will need a back up RB, Going to keep hoole at RW nabbout at LW with allwright and haliti backup. Also training Brown as a DLP cause I prefer two DMs for extra defense stability. Keeping Kanta as well so I can sell him at a higher price. (some korean club want him and cowburn)

Grimario
22-03-2017, 11:44 AM
My AML? Yep, he's 36 now.

StannyCFCJET
22-03-2017, 11:46 AM
My AML? Yep, he's 36 now.

I tend to not sign good players that age anymore cause 1 injury and their ****ed, they also tend to want stupid wages sometimes

Grimario
22-03-2017, 11:55 AM
I tend to not sign good players that age anymore cause 1 injury and their ****ed, they also tend to want stupid wages sometimes

I got a DoF recommendation for him as DP and he accepted £950 a week. He basically has 11-13 for every attribute but a bunch of his physical ones plummeted after 2 and a bit months out. His strength is now 6 :(

StannyCFCJET
22-03-2017, 11:56 AM
I got a DoF recommendation for him as DP and he accepted £950 a week. He basically has 11-13 for every attribute but a bunch of his physical ones plummeted after 2 and a bit months out. His strength is now 6 :(

yeah Physical attributes decline hells quick. In a past save Kokko last his pace and agility rapid but luckily his 17 finishing remained so all I had to do was get balls into the box.

Grimario
22-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Kokko out for 3 months with a hip injury. Looks like Nobby is going to get some game time.

StannyCFCJET
22-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Kokko out for 3 months with a hip injury. Looks like Nobby is going to get some game time.

Damm unlucky. What role you going to use Nobby as? I tend to use him as a poacher. The trequartista role is garbage

Grimario
22-03-2017, 12:49 PM
Damm unlucky. What role you going to use Nobby as? I tend to use him as a poacher. The trequartista role is garbage

I might play Vidosic up front, actually. Hoole to wing, Hoff to right back.

Worked a charm. Goal and two assists away to Perth.

StannyCFCJET
22-03-2017, 01:50 PM
I might play Vidosic up front, actually. Hoole to wing, Hoff to right back.

Worked a charm. Goal and two assists away to Perth.

Nice maybe ill try Vido upfront if I get injuries

Grimario
22-03-2017, 04:54 PM
It only worked for one game. Couple of injuries and suspensions meant he had to move back to midfield with Nobby up front and I have gone 0-1, 0-0, 0-1 since. Nobby is now out for season with a shoulder injury so Vidosic starts and I am probably ending up with Sawyer on the bench.

Arnie signed Gavin de Niese and Reinaldo, releasing Blackwood and O'Neill... wish I had seen that before end of Jan window, would have picked O'Neill up as he is far better than all my other CM's and paired with Poljak, I would be happy with that as a longer term set up with Ugar backing them up.

StannyCFCJET
22-03-2017, 04:59 PM
It only worked for one game. Couple of injuries and suspensions meant he had to move back to midfield with Nobby up front and I have gone 0-1, 0-0, 0-1 since. Nobby is now out for season with a shoulder injury so Vidosic starts and I am probably ending up with Sawyer on the bench.

Arnie signed Gavin de Niese and Reinaldo, releasing Blackwood and O'Neill... wish I had seen that before end of Jan window, would have picked O'Neill up as he is far better than all my other CM's and paired with Poljak, I would be happy with that as a longer term set up with Ugar backing them up.

Gavin de Niese always goes to an aleague club. Is O'Neill even good ingame?

Grimario
22-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Gavin de Niese always goes to an aleague club. Is O'Neill even good ingame?

de Niese would have ended up at an A-League club at the start of this season IRL if he didn't suffer a knee injury in a trial match with City.

O'Neill is a solid 4 star player based on scouting and attributes wise, more complete than Uga, Brown or Kanta.

StannyCFCJET
22-03-2017, 05:12 PM
If he is still a free go for him. What do you use brown as?

Grimario
22-03-2017, 05:17 PM
He's free but can't register him till next window.

Brown is bench midfielder. He's maybe 4th option.

StannyCFCJET
22-03-2017, 05:21 PM
He's free but can't register him till next window.

Brown is bench midfielder. He's maybe 4th option.

Ahhh k, Ive found brown is generally useless even though he has decent stats

Grimario
22-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Ahhh k, Ive found brown is generally useless even though he has decent stats

Yeah, he's not great. He's not attacking enough to be in front of Clut, not defensive enough to be in front of Uga/Kanta and far far behind Poljak. Guess that makes him 5th choice.

Grimario
22-03-2017, 05:32 PM
O'Neill signed... and because I had squad spots free, was able to register him straight away.

Now to find a free striker.

StannyCFCJET
22-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Go for Brockie haha

Grimario
28-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Didn't/couldn't sign anyone on account of being millions in debt.

2016: 3-7-2
2017: 6-7-2

Finished the season conceding just 26 but only scoring a mid-table 38. Beat scum 2-1 in ET in first week of finals with Hoole and Kanta scoring, had a great game against Sydney with Poljak getting a double inside 35, Boogard scoring a third just after the break and then holding on to the win late in the game after Bobo scored. And then an entirely unexpected crushing of MV, 4-0 with Clut brace, Brazzer AML and Kokko on the score sheet.

BK and Nobby are off in the window. Hopefully a few more too. Wish I hadn't re-signed Braz AML, he's still serviceable but not amazing. Need an upgrade on Arcaba, Hoffman is surplus now Cowburn has developed more and Nabbout and Brown are junk squadies.

StannyCFCJET
28-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Didn't/couldn't sign anyone on account of being millions in debt.

2016: 3-7-2
2017: 6-7-2

Finished the season conceding just 26 but only scoring a mid-table 38. Beat scum 2-1 in ET in first week of finals with Hoole and Kanta scoring, had a great game against Sydney with Poljak getting a double inside 35, Boogard scoring a third just after the break and then holding on to the win late in the game after Bobo scored. And then an entirely unexpected crushing of MV, 4-0 with Clut brace, Brazzer AML and Kokko on the score sheet.

BK and Nobby are off in the window. Hopefully a few more too. Wish I hadn't re-signed Braz AML, he's still serviceable but not amazing. Need an upgrade on Arcaba, Hoffman is surplus now Cowburn has developed more and Nabbout and Brown are junk squadies.

3-7-2 6-7-2 is that your WDL record? also The debt thing is ****ed Mr Lee has no money in the game. After beating Victory 4-0 were you in the final? or was that the final? which in the case FMD you won the league with that squad?

Grimario
28-03-2017, 03:02 PM
3-7-2 6-7-2 is that your WDL record? also The debt thing is ****ed Mr Lee has no money in the game. After beating Victory 4-0 were you in the final? or was that the final? which in the case FMD you won the league with that squad?

Yup, WDL. Could have been better, I finished the season DDDDW, including a 1-1 draw with WSW where I had 65% possession and 24 shots (10 on target) :(

4-0 was the GF win over MV.

Accidentally started BK :(

BK
Hoole - Boogs - Kanta - Jackson
Poljak
O'Neill - Clut
Vidosic ----------------- Eder
Kokko

Instead of AM, played DM and just strangled the middle. Didn't have anywhere near as much possession but their passing was subsequently woeful with Jerks getting 90 interceptions. Between them, Clut and O'Neill had over 180 pass attempts with 84% completion.

StannyCFCJET
28-03-2017, 03:09 PM
Yup, WDL. Could have been better, I finished the season DDDDW, including a 1-1 draw with WSW where I had 65% possession and 24 shots (10 on target) :(

4-0 was the GF win over MV.

Accidentally started BK :(

BK
Hoole - Boogs - Kanta - Jackson
Poljak
O'Neill - Clut
Vidosic ----------------- Eder
Kokko

Instead of AM, played DM and just strangled the middle. Didn't have anywhere near as much possession but their passing was subsequently woeful with Jerks getting 90 interceptions. Between them, Clut and O'Neill had over 180 pass attempts with 84% completion.

HOW does that backline win anything wtf

Grimario
28-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Because they are far better in game than real life.

Also, they're far better than real life because there is no Mullen.

StannyCFCJET
28-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Because they are far better in game than real life.

Also, they're far better than real life because there is no Mullen.

I can confirm they havnt been when Ive used them also kanta at CB interesting

Grimario
28-03-2017, 03:33 PM
I can confirm they havnt been when Ive used them also kanta at CB interesting

Only because of mid-season sale to Mullen and playing DMC... usually Kanta would be on bench or at DMC but addition of O'Neill meant switching around with Poljak dropping to DMC.

Also needed to accommodate Vidosic and Hoole into the side so they both at the back, Jackson as the only left footer at DL.

StannyCFCJET
28-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Only because of mid-season sale to Mullen and playing DMC... usually Kanta would be on bench or at DMC but addition of O'Neill meant switching around with Poljak dropping to DMC.

Also needed to accommodate Vidosic and Hoole into the side so they both at the back, Jackson as the only left footer at DL.

so Mullen was pants and who actually bought him? I always get aleague clubs offering 0 for mullen

Grimario
28-03-2017, 03:40 PM
so Mullen was pants and who actually bought him? I always get aleague clubs offering 0 for mullen

Zero was perfect, left to Nix for nix.

Grimario
28-03-2017, 03:42 PM
PS Braz AML announced retirement... woo.

Grimario
28-03-2017, 03:52 PM
No idea how but both MK Dons and Swindon have just offered me £140k for Wayne Brown. 5 starts, 5 as sub, 6.72. Goneskis.

StannyCFCJET
28-03-2017, 03:54 PM
No idea how but both MK Dons and Swindon have just offered me £140k for Wayne Brown. 5 starts, 5 as sub, 6.72. Goneskis.

Winning. :rof:

Grimario
28-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Adelaide want the Hoff and both Nix and WSW want Kanta. Winning!

Grimario
29-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Retre signed as back up, covers RB, DM, MC, AMC and AMR.

Hoff, Kanta, Nabbout, Jonny K, Duncan all gone.

Retre and Bray in.

Have 6 empty squad spots with Kokko as my only foreigner. Two DP's, an Asian player for ACL and 3 others on the list with AML and DL key spots to upgrade.

Arcaba is marginally better than Bray but Bray has more upside. Glover and Kurisak both went on loan before Aus window opened, so missed them :(

Grimario
29-03-2017, 01:43 PM
19yo Victor Luiz on 2 year loan from Brazil is Jets new DL. He is 9-14 for every single attribute with his 9's being finishing, heading and composure with acc/pace both 14.... and the upside? Only £450 per week, below minimum wage. No marquee used and straight in as second best player in squad behind Kokko.

AML has to be DP... forgot Vido was in as DP.

Or AML could be Mabil on loan. So many young Aussies available on loan, most free. Jordan Holmes, Tom Beadling, Daniel Wong for nada, Mabil in for a hefty £1.7k.

Macca
29-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Having not played FM, what's with the acronyms - do they have slightly weird names for positions?

Grimario
29-03-2017, 01:54 PM
Having not played FM, what's with the acronyms - do they have slightly weird names for positions?

Which ones? DP is just what the game calls marquee, uses the Designated Player.

AML is left attacking mid.

StannyCFCJET
29-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Retre signed as back up, covers RB, DM, MC, AMC and AMR.

Hoff, Kanta, Nabbout, Jonny K, Duncan all gone.

Retre and Bray in.

Have 6 empty squad spots with Kokko as my only foreigner. Two DP's, an Asian player for ACL and 3 others on the list with AML and DL key spots to upgrade.

Arcaba is marginally better than Bray but Bray has more upside. Glover and Kurisak both went on loan before Aus window opened, so missed them :(

Who is Bray? Alistar Bray?

Grimario
29-03-2017, 02:17 PM
Who is Bray? Alistar Bray?

Yup. Arcaba, Bray and Holmes (on loan) as S2 GK's.

DR - Hoole/Cowburn/Retre/Alessi
DC - Boogard/Jackson/Beadling/Cowburn/Alessi with O'Neill able to play there if desperate.
DL - Ruiz/Cowburn/Jackson/Retre
DMC - Ugar/Poljak/O'Neill/Retre
MC - Poljak/O'Neill/Ugar/Clut/Cowburn/Retre
AMR - Mabil/Mabil/Vido/Retre/Youth guy/Haliti
AMC - Vido/Clut/Haliti/Poljak
AML - Hopeful DP/Mabil/Haliti/Brymora
ST - Kokko/Wong/Haliti/Vido/Joice/Petratos/Brymora

Think I need to get Joice, Petratos, Brymora out on loan.

StannyCFCJET
29-03-2017, 02:38 PM

Just signed these two players One is a LB and another is a DM both free agents

Grimario
29-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Christ... no wonder you are so shit with the Jets if that is the quality of player you attract :gent:
They're about the level of my 17yo youth winger - http://imgur.com/9CKrXdD

O'Neill miles better than your DM signing - http://imgur.com/AfiRhSn
Luiz miles better than your DL - http://imgur.com/UGyhP78
And Retre for good measure - http://imgur.com/hAOccsK
DP AML - http://imgur.com/kN3r2Du
And some new AMRL... http://imgur.com/7qAXZ7u

StannyCFCJET
29-03-2017, 02:56 PM
I think there pretty good and they bossed trials against some aleague teams and European teams so they earnt their contracts

StannyCFCJET
05-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Hey Grim whats the longest you've stayed at the Jets in this game and does Mr Lee ever put in money to allow you to spend big by A league standards?

Grimario
05-04-2017, 10:08 AM
One season because up until a patch or two ago, the A-League was busted. Clubs would sign someone on loan from Europe, that players full $20k per week would take the entire salary cap and you would end up with a European loan player and 8 NYL players in squads.

StannyCFCJET
05-04-2017, 10:09 AM
One season because up until a patch or two ago, the A-League was busted. Clubs would sign someone on loan from Europe, that players full $20k per week would take the entire salary cap and you would end up with a European loan player and 8 NYL players in squads.

I kept having the same problem glad is been fixed (as far as I can tell so far)

Grimario
05-04-2017, 10:10 AM
I will find out today...

StannyCFCJET
05-04-2017, 07:59 PM
**** the jerks. Gonna start a Chelsea career and focus on our amazing youth players and academy

Caspar
06-04-2017, 09:03 PM
I am actually a researcher for football manager (Australia - NPL divisions) so cool to see that there is a thread for it on here lol

Grimario
10-04-2017, 02:02 PM
Stanny, just had this bloke come through my youth intake. Kind of solves my 3rd choice striker dilemma since I don't think Joice, Sawyer or Petratos are going to amount to anything.

http://i.imgur.com/l1EDZoO.png

StannyCFCJET
10-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Stanny, just had this bloke come through my youth intake. Kind of solves my 3rd choice striker dilemma since I don't think Joice, Sawyer or Petratos are going to amount to anything.

http://i.imgur.com/l1EDZoO.png

FMD how??? Have you upgraded scouting or youth recruitment?

Grimario
10-04-2017, 02:12 PM
FMD how??? Have you upgraded scouting or youth recruitment?

NFI mate. Club has no money to do any upgrades. I got 4 players that were 2 star or better with this guy being the bees knees. Everyone else was steaming pile of turd.

StannyCFCJET
10-04-2017, 02:14 PM
FFS what season are you in? Sounds like Lee has given you no cash?

Grimario
10-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Start of second season.

StannyCFCJET
10-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Start of second season.

Is this the same save where you won the league beating City? 4-0??

Grimario
10-04-2017, 03:01 PM
Is this the same save where you won the league beating City? 4-0??

Victory over Victory, not City... but yeah. With wet weather and a few major IT issues, work was hectic last week so only got through a few pre-season games and early FFA Cup. Have City in next FFA Cup game.

Grimario
13-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Mid November, SE02.

Top of the league with a 3-2-1 record and MV in the FFA Cup final soon. Marquee AML is very good, second in scoring charts with 4 in 9 behind Kokko who has 5 in 8 (missed a game due to Finland call up). That youth guy has 1 goal in 2 caps for the Socceroos... but none in 4 (3 from bench) for Jets yet.

Clut just re-signed as back up on peanuts and Kokko just re-signed with no increase to his salary for two more years. What a legend.
Unless they both take a substantial pay cut, Boogaard and Haliti are gone as I cannot justify their wages on back ups.
Need to decide if I am keeping Arcaba or Bray as they are about the same ability wise and both off contract. Thinking Bray because of age but Arcaba has held the starting spot for both seasons so dunno.
Petratos, Alessi and Sawyer are being let go.

Mabil on loan has been a bit disappointing... only one goal and no assists. The Brazilian LB though has been amazing... one goal and five assists and his hands down best performer in the league at the moment.

Poljak is now the weakness in my team (apart from GK) so hopefully can pick up a replacement from Europe when they all start getting released.

StannyCFCJET
13-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Mid November, SE02.

Top of the league with a 3-2-1 record and MV in the FFA Cup final soon. Marquee AML is very good, second in scoring charts with 4 in 9 behind Kokko who has 5 in 8 (missed a game due to Finland call up). That youth guy has 1 goal in 2 caps for the Socceroos... but none in 4 (3 from bench) for Jets yet.

Clut just re-signed as back up on peanuts and Kokko just re-signed with no increase to his salary for two more years. What a legend.
Unless they both take a substantial pay cut, Boogaard and Haliti are gone as I cannot justify their wages on back ups.
Need to decide if I am keeping Arcaba or Bray as they are about the same ability wise and both off contract. Thinking Bray because of age but Arcaba has held the starting spot for both seasons so dunno.
Petratos, Alessi and Sawyer are being let go.

Mabil on loan has been a bit disappointing... only one goal and no assists. The Brazilian LB though has been amazing... one goal and five assists and his hands down best performer in the league at the moment.

Poljak is now the weakness in my team (apart from GK) so hopefully can pick up a replacement from Europe when they all start getting released.

Nicely done

Grimario
13-04-2017, 01:59 PM
I am almost £600k in the red though. Season to date have made £800k profit but there is SFA income other than TV so by end of season that projection is to lose £600k more and be 1.2m in the tank. Basically, need to win ACL and get into SF of CWC to break even.

Grimario
13-04-2017, 04:54 PM
And we are likely to go further in the red after the club announced plans to purchase Hunter Stadium.

Jeterpool
13-04-2017, 04:56 PM
I am almost £600k in the red though. Season to date have made £800k profit but there is SFA income other than TV so by end of season that projection is to lose £600k more and be 1.2m in the tank. Basically, need to win ACL and get into SF of CWC to break even.

That's minimum expectations. Otherwise, we the fans are calling for your head. And no blaming it on shit players - it's not just a game

Grimario
13-04-2017, 05:08 PM
That's minimum expectations. Otherwise, we the fans are calling for your head. And no blaming it on shit players - it's not just a game

Oh, I blame the shit players. Play poorly, end up in the youth. Play poorly repeatedly, you get dumped. That's why Mullen is busy being rubbish in Wellington, Vujica has left for some youth team football in Western Sydney whilst Kanta stinks up their first team and the Hoff has been abysmal in Adelaide. No shit player merry go round for me.

StannyCFCJET
13-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Oh, I blame the shit players. Play poorly, end up in the youth. Play poorly repeatedly, you get dumped. That's why Mullen is busy being rubbish in Wellington, Vujica has left for some youth team football in Western Sydney whilst Kanta stinks up their first team and the Hoff has been abysmal in Adelaide. No shit player merry go round for me.

Can you replace Jones???

Grimario
13-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Can you replace Jones???

I hate to tell you this Stanny but if you are playing a game at the Jets where he is still in charge, you've somehow signed up to be the Youth Manager.

StannyCFCJET
13-04-2017, 06:06 PM
I hate to tell you this Stanny but if you are playing a game at the Jets where he is still in charge, you've somehow signed up to be the Youth Manager.

Hahahahahah

StannyCFCJET
15-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Hey Grim what manager coaching badges did you start with?

Grimario
16-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Auto, so whatever it recommends.

Grimario
19-04-2017, 12:48 PM
Made it to Jan transfer window, season 2, with a 9-4-1 record, 22 for and 10 against. So UnJets. Coasties are coming second as well... game is broke.

Kokko has faded after early hot pace, 5 in 8 now to 6 in 17 :( Wanker went to shit right after extension!
Young striker regen got his first goal (for club), might start pushing Kokko to the bench if he doesn't score.

Petratos left for WS on a free (glad they fixed mid-season transfers like that) and Boogaard was in discussions with Perth but turned them down. Pre-empted him going and brought in a 22yo Brazilian DC to sit alongside my Brazilian DL. Pair of them are easily best two in the squad.

Still haven't decided on Bray or Arcaba but I have Holmes on loan and his contract is up, so if I can move Boogaard on, I may just sign him.

Grimario
19-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Kokko reads the foz. Just scored a brace.

Grimario
20-04-2017, 03:56 PM
About to make cash for the Jets, first ACL game.

Drawn with Guangzhou, Buriram and a made up J-League club. Should get at least two wins from that, sneak a third and get a draw or two in there and I am off to knock out stages.

StannyCFCJET
20-04-2017, 06:27 PM
About to make cash for the Jets, first ACL game.

Drawn with Guangzhou, Buriram and a made up J-League club. Should get at least two wins from that, sneak a third and get a draw or two in there and I am off to knock out stages.

Good luck. Wish my Jets series were this exciting

Grimario
20-04-2017, 06:45 PM
Good luck. Wish my Jets series were this exciting

Had Guangzhou away first and destroyed them. Jackson Martinez, earning more than entire Jets senior, youth and staff put together was shut out by Mateo Poljak screening in front of Tom Beadling and Lachlan Jackson. Mabil, Kokko, AML guy and Brazilian DL all scored... and it could have been more as I cracked 25 shots off to their 3.

Got a 90 minute flight coming up, see how much i can get thru on that.

StannyCFCJET
20-04-2017, 06:50 PM
Had Guangzhou away first and destroyed them. Jackson Martinez, earning more than entire Jets senior, youth and staff put together was shut out by Mateo Poljak screening in front of Tom Beadling and Lachlan Jackson. Mabil, Kokko, AML guy and Brazilian DL all scored... and it could have been more as I cracked 25 shots off to their 3.

Wow super stuff

pistolpete
21-04-2017, 12:40 PM
Have been playing 2014 on and off but might have to purchase 2017. Or should I just wait till November and get the new one?

Grimario
21-04-2017, 01:42 PM
2017 is probably a better bet given how shit they are on release. A League wasn't playable until two or three patches in.

pistolpete
21-04-2017, 01:52 PM
2017 is probably a better bet given how shit they are on release. A League wasn't playable until two or three patches in.

That is very true

football_macigian23
25-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Would love to see someone put together a full Australian pyramid for FM17.. Anyone using a decent one?

Grimario
27-04-2017, 10:47 AM

Battery died on my flight and when loading back up, save is corrupt :( Going back a few weeks to the last auto save.

Would love to see someone put together a full Australian pyramid for FM17.. Anyone using a decent one?
There was a decent one a few years ago but haven't seen one for 17 :(

BodyNovo
02-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Guys sorry to interrupt on your excellent jerk save updates but I thought id get in and tell mine.

for years I've been so anti a league saves as its basically impossible to do anything serious of note or any fun, I usually go a Belgian, Norway, lower level German or Spanish team or do the non league dream

after probably 2 editions I've finally given the jerk one a go again

Season 1

awful, ****ing awful. I tried utilising kokko and nordstand in a target man, false 9 arrangement and the pair were hopeless together, any fixture where they were injured or suspended (kokko loves a heavy tackle) nabbout/vujica are so badly rated so basically had no left side I also play with no transfers on first window so couldn't fix it.

managed to limp to January with only 2 wins and a ffa cup qf where I got jammed by glory 4-0 then made the executive decision to cut some ties. I sold kokko for 200k to Sweden, brought in Mitch Austin (on a free after victory let him go to keep beister) and LB youth from Palermo on loan to fix my left side, brought in vidosic as my guest player. immediately changed the formation to a 4-4-1-1 with vidosic and nordstand together and bang the goals and results came. still finished 9th as I was so far down.

Second Season

FFA Cup champions with all games against A League opposition. brought in basically all victories rejects as squad players (Ingham, mahazi,) got Alex cisak in as a much reliable GK, kept vidosic, & signed a Brazilian (Thomas) as my number 9 (false 9)

changed my formation to a 4-3-3 with the false 9 (so basically striker less) went too a fluid counter attacking approach and killed teams on the break with vidosic clut, Steve ug feeding my front 3 quickly.

finished 3rd on GD unfortunately knocked out by MV in prelim final.

Starting 3rd season now and just been offered interview by Tianjin Teda

did the interview but jeez I'm confident about my jerks team, I've signed Scott McDonald, Rhys Williams, Adam Federici, Jack Hingert all on normal wages and Bernie ibini as my guest player and a young English talent by the name of Ryan Yates.

might save it if I get the Tianjin job and come back at a later date.

certainly enjoyed the jerks much more then any other fm editions, feel as though its much more off a challenge.

Grimario
04-05-2017, 02:45 PM
So many MV rejects available, eh? Bray was my best pick up but he is gone at seasons end. Looking likely to get Jordan Holmes in full time after his loan period ends.

Mabil on loan has finally come good too but not sure I will be able to keep him permanently. So many good marquee options out there as well.

Grimario
04-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Battery died on my flight and when loading back up, save is corrupt :( Going back a few weeks to the last auto save.

Finally got caught up to where I was before this... only won 2-0 but lost league game after short turn around 3-2 to MV. Beat AU 3-0 after a week off and now having an easy time of it against Buriram midweek.

StannyCFCJET
04-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Guys sorry to interrupt on your excellent jerk save updates but I thought id get in and tell mine.

for years I've been so anti a league saves as its basically impossible to do anything serious of note or any fun, I usually go a Belgian, Norway, lower level German or Spanish team or do the non league dream

after probably 2 editions I've finally given the jerk one a go again

Season 1

awful, ****ing awful. I tried utilising kokko and nordstand in a target man, false 9 arrangement and the pair were hopeless together, any fixture where they were injured or suspended (kokko loves a heavy tackle) nabbout/vujica are so badly rated so basically had no left side I also play with no transfers on first window so couldn't fix it.

managed to limp to January with only 2 wins and a ffa cup qf where I got jammed by glory 4-0 then made the executive decision to cut some ties. I sold kokko for 200k to Sweden, brought in Mitch Austin (on a free after victory let him go to keep beister) and LB youth from Palermo on loan to fix my left side, brought in vidosic as my guest player. immediately changed the formation to a 4-4-1-1 with vidosic and nordstand together and bang the goals and results came. still finished 9th as I was so far down.

Second Season

FFA Cup champions with all games against A League opposition. brought in basically all victories rejects as squad players (Ingham, mahazi,) got Alex cisak in as a much reliable GK, kept vidosic, & signed a Brazilian (Thomas) as my number 9 (false 9)

changed my formation to a 4-3-3 with the false 9 (so basically striker less) went too a fluid counter attacking approach and killed teams on the break with vidosic clut, Steve ug feeding my front 3 quickly.

finished 3rd on GD unfortunately knocked out by MV in prelim final.

Starting 3rd season now and just been offered interview by Tianjin Teda

did the interview but jeez I'm confident about my jerks team, I've signed Scott McDonald, Rhys Williams, Adam Federici, Jack Hingert all on normal wages and Bernie ibini as my guest player and a young English talent by the name of Ryan Yates.

might save it if I get the Tianjin job and come back at a later date.

certainly enjoyed the jerks much more then any other fm editions, feel as though its much more off a challenge.

How did you not get sacked season 1??? and i agree on Kokko and Nordstrand every game the ****s get injured and dont get me started on how shit Nabbout is in game (8 pace wtf). How does hoole go??? he always whinges to me about no first team football but whenever I play him he does jack shit. (Just like real life haha)

Grimario
04-05-2017, 09:31 PM
I reckon I'm going to start a non league job in England. Want to experience brexit

Grimario
04-05-2017, 09:34 PM
How did you not get sacked season 1??? and i agree on Kokko and Nordstrand every game the ****s get injured and dont get me started on how shit Nabbout is in game (8 pace wtf). How does hoole go??? he always whinges to me about no first team football but whenever I play him he does jack shit. (Just like real life haha)

Hoole is somehow happy being my back up fb and winger now. He's started 3 or 4 games but the rest just off the bench.

Thinking of making a move for a Petermann since he's on the outer at Palermo. Would be a step up from Poljak.

Also picked up another gun youth striker from the npl. He's even better than the guy i had come through my set up and cost me under 2k.

Grimario
09-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Finished season 17-8-2 record, top of the league by 7 points.
Beat City 2-1 in SF then Perth 3-1 in ET of the GF thanks to them getting two players sent off.

Kokko finished the season on 18 goals and 8 assists from 34 starts and Sergio Sagarzazu justified marquee wages on the left wing with 16 goals and 7 assists. Vidosic chipped in with 7 goals and 11 assists as marquee AMC and loanee Mabil had 8 goals and 16 assists on the right. Cowburn got fans POTY with a goal, 5 assists and 7.44 average rating for the season. Jackson was the standout performer though with a 7.57 average rating and is in the 2018 WC squad.

My youth player scored 5 in all comps in 23 appearances. The even better NPL regen I signed from Marconi for 25% profit and a friendly scored 5 as well in 19 appearances (includes Asian CL).

Comfortably won group in ACL, 5-0-1 record, bettered by MV who had a 5-1-0 record in their group. Sydney didn't get out of group, teehee. MV are through to QF with a two leg win over Beijing Guo'an whilst Jets won against Jeonbuk.

Labi, Boogaard, Sawyer and Alessi all released. Mabil and two Brazilian DC loans all expired and couldn't renew :( Beadling extended and will probably partner Jackson unless I get another star loan in and the Brazlian DL still has another year to go. Jordan Holmes finally agreed to transfer so will join me after loan ends. Davide Petermann will be a Jet as well coming in under the cap when he exits Palermo. If I win ACL, I have promised him a near $30k bonus... ugh. Have an NPL left winger regen coming in to back up aging marquee - scouts rate him as 4.5 stars, so hope he comes good. Also have Christian Gonzalez, Sydney FC youth player, coming in on a free. He looks quality and is only 21, so will be a decent option if the Braz DL gets recalled.

Despite his great season, hoping to offload Kokko. He will be 31 before season starts and the NPL striker is already better than him with my youth player not far off it.

Also, I am now £40m in debt as the club bought Hunter Stadium. I am never going to be able to spend transfer fees again :(

BodyNovo
10-05-2017, 12:11 PM
just finished my 4th season last night and had my greatest tactical moment in FM history.

season 3 was a nightmare, didn't get the Tejan job and lost boogard & Jackson to season injuries, killed me scraped 6th knocked out first week to Sydney

Season 4 started it all with some unreal signings.

basically a brand new team from season 1

clut, cowburn, jackson, steve ug, hoole & bymora were the only ones to remain.

signed Cameron burgess, Alberto aqualani (beast in the HAL actual jerks should look at him), gerthin jones from Everton, bruce kamau, Rhys Williams & Federici.

finally got out of my rigid formation and went fluid.

finished 2nd and had to play the gypos in the gf qualifier. Okon is easily the best manager on the game for youngsters he removed basically the whole squad and has a team of regeneration players with Steven Davis from Southampton marshalling them around averaging 65% formation a game.

I changed my tactics to play the most rigid game possible and planted Lachlan Jackson as my target man (yes you read right), with the instructions not to move from the front line and just hassle to the fluid cbs. 2 goals from the big fella of crosses winning 2-0, back to my normal formation for the gf v MV and a 3-1 win AET.

contract is now up and I'm thinking its time to go although the ACL interests me, I can't go much further with this team as the youth products aren't very decent and the average age of the team is now 28

will decide tonight.

StannyCFCJET
10-05-2017, 04:25 PM
just finished my 4th season last night and had my greatest tactical moment in FM history.

season 3 was a nightmare, didn't get the Tejan job and lost boogard & Jackson to season injuries, killed me scraped 6th knocked out first week to Sydney

Season 4 started it all with some unreal signings.

basically a brand new team from season 1

clut, cowburn, jackson, steve ug, hoole & bymora were the only ones to remain.

signed Cameron burgess, Alberto aqualani (beast in the HAL actual jerks should look at him), gerthin jones from Everton, bruce kamau, Rhys Williams & Federici.

finally got out of my rigid formation and went fluid.

finished 2nd and had to play the gypos in the gf qualifier. Okon is easily the best manager on the game for youngsters he removed basically the whole squad and has a team of regeneration players with Steven Davis from Southampton marshalling them around averaging 65% formation a game.

I changed my tactics to play the most rigid game possible and planted Lachlan Jackson as my target man (yes you read right), with the instructions not to move from the front line and just hassle to the fluid cbs. 2 goals from the big fella of crosses winning 2-0, back to my normal formation for the gf v MV and a 3-1 win AET.

contract is now up and I'm thinking its time to go although the ACL interests me, I can't go much further with this team as the youth products aren't very decent and the average age of the team is now 28

will decide tonight.

Jackson at ST wow Mark Jones is that you?

Grimario
10-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Jackson at ST wow Mark Jones is that you?

He just got MotM against Uruguay at the WC. If only he was as good in the real world.

goaliepersempre
10-05-2017, 05:29 PM
how much of a difference fm 14 to fm 17? should just straight upgrade or say by 16? or wait for 18?

StannyCFCJET
10-05-2017, 05:49 PM
how much of a difference fm 14 to fm 17? should just straight upgrade or say by 16? or wait for 18?

massive difference wait till 18 I say

Grimario
11-05-2017, 03:01 PM

massive difference wait till 18 I say
Huge difference but I would actually suggest get FM17 now for dirt cheap... it's been down as low as $25. FM 18 won't be a playable game for about 6 months after release anyway, so even though it will be out later this year, it won't be worth playing till early-mid next year.

Grimario
11-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Got out of WC group with a 1-1-1 record, including a 4-3 loss to Spain. Beat Uruguay in the second round and got smashed by Argentina in the QF as they went on to win the whole thing.

Offloaded Brymora to WSW. He's not very good.

Picked up a former Inter Milan and Sporting Lisbon youth squad right winger so that means Hoole can go back to the bench. Also had another pair of NPL gems recommended to me, regen striker signed from New Town Eagles and another who dropped out of FFA CoE. Still trying to offload Kokko... surely a goal every other game striker must be wanted by someone.

In typical Jets fashion, have drawn Perth in first round of FFA Cup.

Grimario
11-05-2017, 03:59 PM
Still trying to offload Kokko... surely a goal every other game striker must be wanted by someone.

Some idiot (i.e. me) still had his asking price set at £2.5m from when I had clubs trying to steal him after first season. Sold to ADO Den Haag for £450k. They're also after my AML who I would happily offload for the right offer. He's just hit 30 and starting to decline. Blackburn are interested in Vidosic as well so I might suddenly have two marquee spots opening up.

BodyNovo
11-05-2017, 04:02 PM
He just got MotM against Uruguay at the WC. If only he was as good in the real world.

he has just signed for pec Zwolle on my game after I left

have joined Beijing

wish I read a bit more on them.

there 4 foreign players bar 1 are all over 30 and have contracts into next year. hopefully can sell them on.

3 games to go in the regular season coming 8th.

evergrande and Shanghai miles ahead.

Grimario
11-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Some idiot (i.e. me) still had his asking price set at £2.5m from when I had clubs trying to steal him after first season. Sold to ADO Den Haag for £450k. They're also after my AML who I would happily offload for the right offer. He's just hit 30 and starting to decline. Blackburn are interested in Vidosic as well so I might suddenly have two marquee spots opening up.

Blackburn and Ipswich both bid and Ipswich took him. £1.2m is insane but okay. Freed up squad room and wages for Terry Antonis on a free and going to get Curtis Good in to partner Jackson. Also got Armenakas in on loan so that covers all of my attacking third options if needed.

Grimario
11-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Vido straight into starting line up for Ipswich with a goal on debut. Good for him.
Kokko also has a goal with ADO Den Haag... and no wonder he signed.... they are paying him 44k a week!

StannyCFCJET
12-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Wish Nathan Burns was in FM17

BodyNovo
16-05-2017, 01:15 PM
first season of Beijing done

sold basically the whole squad and bought the best players aged 18-23 in the country. all about 2-3 stars current ability to 4.5-5 star potential ability and over 15 in work rate.

had to keep the foreigners as no one wanted them although otero (a Venezuelan) my winger was amazing and won the player of the year award.

played a Liverpool high press high tempo like formation with my number 10 Renato Augusto basically doing a berbatov and just roaming around dropping quality balls to the wingers and striker. the

managed to take them from 8th to 2nd and made the semis of the cup.

just completed the off season last night, finally let all my foreigners go bar otero and have signed Osaki from Leicester (asian designated player), luka modric on a free :D at 33 & a Brazilian striker playing in UAE for peanuts with 5 star current ability.

won my AFC qualifying game 5-0 against a Thai team.

The creators of this game are ridiculously smart the youth potential in china is amazing and pretty well matches the plan that china youth prospects are going to be some of the best in the world.

will aim to win the league and the champions league then leave at the end of my contract to head to Europe or South America.

Grimario
05-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Also picked up another gun youth striker from the npl. He's even better than the guy i had come through my set up and cost me under 2k.

So, this bloke I picked up from Marconi Stallions for £1.8k is good. Possibly the best Australian player of his generation.

http://i.imgur.com/95WR4Ky.png

Like really good.
http://i.imgur.com/2DFhKGm.png

That Man Utd bid is worth £1m up front, £300k over 12 months, £650k after 10 games, £130k per game (10 games), £650k after 5 international appearances, £650k after 10 goals, 40% of next transfer and a friendly. Board accepted without me getting to intervene so he is off but ****ing hell, that's insane. Means I have to rely on the Jets youth player who isn't as good :(

Grimario
05-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Arsenal just offered similar but up to value of £5.25m. Jeebus.

Grimario
05-06-2017, 12:42 PM
He turned both of them down. What the actual ****.

weston
05-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Wow. That guy might hate money?

I've got a game going with the Jets. Second season absolute killing it. Roughly 10 points clear of everyone bar the mariners who are 1 behind. I've been looking at starting a new game because my finances are absolute shit. Do they get better? How much $$$ do you get for wining the league etc. I want money to build the clubs facilities but I'm not sure whether I will be able to unless I can make a profit once in ACL.

Grimario
05-06-2017, 01:30 PM

I've got a game going with the Jets. Second season absolute killing it. Roughly 10 points clear of everyone bar the mariners who are 1 behind. I've been looking at starting a new game because my finances are absolute shit. Do they get better? How much $$$ do you get for wining the league etc. I want money to build the clubs facilities but I'm not sure whether I will be able to unless I can make a profit once in ACL.

It's bizarre. That would have set me up for 3-4 seasons of money loss. Liverpool have put a bid in now and PSG are interested. Might still get the cash.

Finances are still shit, especially when against all logic, the board agree to your request to buy the stadium :(
I am only half a mill in the red but that's with £3.2m of transfer income this season.

You get an okay boost in kit revenue after a season or two but it's not substantial. Going up to QF in ACL still isn't huge cash so I am hoping a SF in the CWC will be the windfall I need to get back in the black.

StannyCFCJET
05-06-2017, 01:31 PM

Im in season three they get worse and youll never be able to give anyone decent good wages

Grimario
05-06-2017, 03:28 PM
He moved to Liverpool, £4.4m if he meets all his targets. £11k per week, definitely couldn't compete with that :(

Grimario
16-06-2017, 12:08 PM
Just taken over by a Perth based consortium, £3.5m pumped into the coffers with £6.6m now in the bank. Gypo has been sacked, new board of directors put in and transfer kitty of £2.2m available.

StannyCFCJET
16-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Just taken over by a Perth based consortium, £3.5m pumped into the coffers with £6.6m now in the bank. Gypo has been sacked, new board of directors put in and transfer kitty of £2.2m available.

Very Nice, Mr Lee sold the club?

Grimario
16-06-2017, 02:17 PM
Yep.

Grimario
22-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Start of 19/20 season. Just beat Sydney University 13-0 in FFA Cup game.

Solid Australian spine to the team...

GK - Holmes
DR - Iranian regen
DC - Chapman and Jackson
DL - Iraqi regen
MC - Chinese and Brazilian regens
AMR - Oikonomidis
AMC - Rogic
AML - Armenakas
ST - Australian regen

Bench is good too...

Cowburn, Petermann, Antonis, Gonzalez, Good with regen GK and ST

Have another Iranian regen coming in too, first 5 star prospect my scouts have ever found that was affordable for me. Hoping to offload Antonis and Petermann/Chinese MC before window closes.

StannyCFCJET
22-06-2017, 06:56 PM
Start of 19/20 season. Just beat Sydney University 13-0 in FFA Cup game.

Solid Australian spine to the team...

GK - Holmes
DR - Iranian regen
DC - Chapman and Jackson
DL - Iraqi regen
MC - Chinese and Brazilian regens
AMR - Oikonomidis
AMC - Rogic
AML - Armenakas
ST - Australian regen

Bench is good too...

Cowburn, Petermann, Antonis, Gonzalez, Good with regen GK and ST

Have another Iranian regen coming in too, first 5 star prospect my scouts have ever found that was affordable for me. Hoping to offload Antonis and Petermann/Chinese MC before window closes.

How is Cowburn and Jackson stats wise and where do you play Cowby?

Grimario
22-06-2017, 07:27 PM
How is Cowburn and Jackson stats wise and where do you play Cowby?

Jackson is a Socceroo and only his love of me and the Jerks saw him stay in Newcastle. Turned down a move to sc Herenveen for a £1200 a week pay rise. Cowburn is about on par with Risdon, 3rd best Australian RB. He is my versatile bench guy, covering all D and MC spots.

Grimario
13-07-2017, 02:53 PM
Halfway through season update for Stanny since no one else gives a shit... (and he probably doesn't either)

Starting 11 same as previous update but that Iranian regen that came in is amazeballs so the Brazilian guy fell to the bench and Petermann hasn't featured at all.

That was true until my Asian U23 players (both FB's and both MC's) buggered off for 6 weeks to Asian U23 cup. Cowburn has seamlessly walked back into starting DR, have promoted a youth DL into the starting line up (Christian Gonzalez went to Asia for £40k) and Brazilian regen has paired with Petermann in midfield. And now, in consecutive games, I've lost regen striker (30 goals, 10 assists in 27 starts) and Armenakas (4 goals, 11 assists in 22 starts) to 4 month injuries. I lost Rogic for two weeks as well which meant a regen right winger (Oikonomidis moved middle) got a few games but I have Rene Piscopo on loan for the left side and a different regen striker up front. Even as a bench player, he's still managed 8 goals in 13 appearances such is my domination of the league.

Jackson has just left for Feyenoord (£1.2m rising to £1.8m with clauses) so that means Curtis Good will partner Connor Chapman at the back. Hu Lei (Chinese regen) turned down a £1.4m move to Al Nassir

200th game in charge about to come up. Won the league a few times, won the ACL once and won CWC after wins against Auckland City, Dortmund (fkn lol) and Casablanca in the final. Am undefeated this season with only a draw away to Sydney FC dropping points.

http://i.imgur.com/lYPnjZz.png

Jets fans are awesome/wankers.

I do think it's time to move on though. I've exploited the "buy young, sell for profit" idea that makes the A-League a profitable starting point and have snapped up enough Australian youth regen's to make the club successful for a decade.... but being able to beat Dortmund (admittedly well under strength) and have 6 or 7 Socceroos on the books is a bit much. Time to get a job in non-league England if I can and turn a freshly promoted Conference North/South team into Europe in a decade.

StannyCFCJET
13-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Halfway through season update for Stanny since no one else gives a shit... (and he probably doesn't either)

Starting 11 same as previous update but that Iranian regen that came in is amazeballs so the Brazilian guy fell to the bench and Petermann hasn't featured at all.

That was true until my Asian U23 players (both FB's and both MC's) buggered off for 6 weeks to Asian U23 cup. Cowburn has seamlessly walked back into starting DR, have promoted a youth DL into the starting line up (Christian Gonzalez went to Asia for £40k) and Brazilian regen has paired with Petermann in midfield. And now, in consecutive games, I've lost regen striker (30 goals, 10 assists in 27 starts) and Armenakas (4 goals, 11 assists in 22 starts) to 4 month injuries. I lost Rogic for two weeks as well which meant a regen right winger (Oikonomidis moved middle) got a few games but I have Rene Piscopo on loan for the left side and a different regen striker up front. Even as a bench player, he's still managed 8 goals in 13 appearances such is my domination of the league.

Jackson has just left for Feyenoord (£1.2m rising to £1.8m with clauses) so that means Curtis Good will partner Connor Chapman at the back. Hu Lei (Chinese regen) turned down a £1.4m move to Al Nassir

200th game in charge about to come up. Won the league a few times, won the ACL once and won CWC after wins against Auckland City, Dortmund (fkn lol) and Casablanca in the final. Am undefeated this season with only a draw away to Sydney FC dropping points.

http://i.imgur.com/lYPnjZz.png

Jets fans are awesome/wankers.

I do think it's time to move on though. I've exploited the "buy young, sell for profit" idea that makes the A-League a profitable starting point and have snapped up enough Australian youth regen's to make the club successful for a decade.... but being able to beat Dortmund (admittedly well under strength) and have 6 or 7 Socceroos on the books is a bit much. Time to get a job in non-league England if I can and turn a freshly promoted Conference North/South team into Europe in a decade.

Very awesome grim and good luck in England. I cant wait for fm18 to try out an Jets and Everton career mode

Jeterpool
13-07-2017, 03:16 PM
I actually read this.

And why Everton, Stanny?

Grimario
13-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Very awesome grim and good luck in England. I cant wait for fm18 to try out an Jets and Everton career mode

Will wait till end of season, I think. Contract is up come end of May and the club refused a £100 a week raise after I won CWC, so haven't extended and they are bricking it.

Hu Lei just left, again for Feyenoord, for £2.2m. Have realised I have become their feeder team... Jackson, Pedro Delgado (former Inter youth I got on a free) and now Chinese regen all gone there. Jackson obviously already on the books and the other two I got on a free so that's a very tidy £5m or so from their sales.

I suspect it will be much more difficult in England. Can't offer Asian Champions League when starting fresh in the Conference South.

Clut is off as well. In first season he was a regular, 28 games and 4 goals with 7.09 rating. Antonis arrived and he was only ever a bench player, 6 starts and 11 subs but still chipped in with 4 goals and a 7.02 rating. He spent the entirety of the last year on loan in K-League though, 30 starts for Jeonnam and looks to be headed back there with FC Seoul coming in with an end of contract offer for him. I've put him up for a zero free sale so hopefully someone comes and gets him so I can save on 6 months of wages.

StannyCFCJET
13-07-2017, 04:00 PM
I actually read this.

And why Everton, Stanny?

Iv'e done one with them back on FM 15 was really fun, Plus they have a decent squad/good youth players are arnt a prem Giant and I dont hate them

StannyCFCJET
13-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Will wait till end of season, I think. Contract is up come end of May and the club refused a £100 a week raise after I won CWC, so haven't extended and they are bricking it.

Hu Lei just left, again for Feyenoord, for £2.2m. Have realised I have become their feeder team... Jackson, Pedro Delgado (former Inter youth I got on a free) and now Chinese regen all gone there. Jackson obviously already on the books and the other two I got on a free so that's a very tidy £5m or so from their sales.

I suspect it will be much more difficult in England. Can't offer Asian Champions League when starting fresh in the Conference South.

Clut is off as well. In first season he was a regular, 28 games and 4 goals with 7.09 rating. Antonis arrived and he was only ever a bench player, 6 starts and 11 subs but still chipped in with 4 goals and a 7.02 rating. He spent the entirety of the last year on loan in K-League though, 30 starts for Jeonnam and looks to be headed back there with FC Seoul coming in with an end of contract offer for him. I've put him up for a zero free sale so hopefully someone comes and gets him so I can save on 6 months of wages.

Everytime I try a Jets Career Mode Clut is rubbish

MFKS
13-07-2017, 11:01 PM
Everytime I try a Jets Career Mode Clut is rubbish
No different than reality

Grimario
14-07-2017, 10:38 AM

None of this has happened. Laptop did a mandatory reboot yesterday afternoon after some IT patch was pushed through and my last save is after I beat Raja Casablanca in CWC final. Back to December :(

Grimario
14-07-2017, 02:39 PM
So, a week out from transfer window closing...

Gonzalez went to Jeju again for the same fee.
Hu Lei left again. Went to Feyenoord for same amount but more clauses, £2.8 potential dependent on 50 appearances.
Jackson didn't attract any interest.
Jordan Holmes was picked up by Leeds for £1.2m. I got Glover in on loan to replace him and brought in one of the young foreign GK's that my scouts have said I should sign. Peruvian 18yo... not that good but 4.5 star potential.
Clut went to Ulsan instead of Jeonnam or FC Seoul this time around.

No injuries but still had Iran/Iraq players away and just lost to Adelaide. Proper FM result, 2-1 loss with 22 shots to 4 AND a missed penalty.

Macca
14-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Speaking of FM results, I used to play some manager mode on Fifa, can't remember which edition maybe 09. I tried a few times simming the games to progress quicker but my team always lost without me actually playing the games (I didn't mind playing them so win/win). I tried it again around a season later when I had an improved team - despite my team going out being clearly superior to opposition in most regards they still lost most of the time so I gave it up and just kept playing out matches. Anyone have similar experiences?

Jeterpool
14-07-2017, 02:53 PM
Speaking of FM results, I used to play some manager mode on Fifa, can't remember which edition maybe 09. I tried a few times simming the games to progress quicker but my team always lost without me actually playing the games (I didn't mind playing them so win/win). I tried it again around a season later when I had an improved team - despite my team going out being clearly superior to opposition in most regards they still lost most of the time so I gave it up and just kept playing out matches. Anyone have similar experiences?

I remember that. If you were miles ahead in the league, you seemed more likely to lose. I didn't find this to be an issue in FIFA 16 (I didn't get FIFA 17)

StannyCFCJET
15-07-2017, 11:17 AM
I remember that. If you were miles ahead in the league, you seemed more likely to lose. I didn't find this to be an issue in FIFA 16 (I didn't get FIFA 17)

Fifa 17 is garbage good decision. Pes is better nowa days

Alicia
16-07-2017, 01:11 AM
I just this year start playing FIFA until this year I only play PES

Grimario
17-07-2017, 02:13 PM
Fifa 17 is garbage good decision. Pes is better nowa days

What's the multiplayer like in PES? I used to only get FIFA for Online Pro Clubs but don't play that much anymore. Now it's just me and my brother drinking and having a few co-op games in offline Pro mode.

Wrapped the league up with 6 games to spare and just before the ACL games start, so can rest a few players now without issue.

I have Guangzhou and Jeonbuk in ACL with a made up Nihon League club taking the other spot.

StannyCFCJET
17-07-2017, 02:18 PM
What's the multiplayer like in PES? I used to only get FIFA for Online Pro Clubs but don't play that much anymore. Now it's just me and my brother drinking and having a few co-op games in offline Pro mode.

Wrapped the league up with 6 games to spare and just before the ACL games start, so can rest a few players now without issue.

I have Guangzhou and Jeonbuk in ACL with a made up Nihon League club taking the other spot.

Pes online is rubbish and sadly they havent improved it. Im talking from purely a gameplay angle. Like if you play Stoke the play long ball where as Barce/Arsenal try to play possesion wtc

Grimario
19-07-2017, 02:48 PM
April 2020, about to embark on my final finals campaign with Jerks. A-league squads and manager changes are all pretty interesting...

Adelaide - John Anastasiadis

G - Lawrence Thomas
D - Elrich, Regen, Zac Anderson, Brad Norton
M - McGowan, Mells, Isaias/Blake Roccuito (both injured, both played lots)
F - Dimi Petratos, Shahin Saghebi (Iranian), Kerem Bulut

Finished 8th.

Brisbane - John Aloisi

G - Tiago (Brazilian, formerly at GRE)
D - Brian Lenihan (Irish), Brown, DeVere, Bowles
M - Kainz (Austrian), Caletti, Murayama (Japanese)
F - Maclaren, Oar, Epifano

Finished 5th

Coasties - No manager (Okon just left for MV)

G - Redmayne
D - Prce (Bosnian, former Brescia), Yuri Branco (Brazilian, former SPT), Roux, Kenneth Dougall/Scott Galloway
M - Rose, Monty, Caceres, Kecojevic (currently NPL)
S - Radovan Pavicevic, Regen

Finished 4th

Melb City - Joe Montemurro

G - Bouzanis
D - Pierias (City NYL player), Sean Kavanagh (Irish), Malik, Tongyik
M - Lee Evans (Welsh), Brandan, Fitzgerald, Jawadi, Makarounes
F - Braedyn Crowley (21 in 27)

Finished 2nd

Melb Victory

G - Biraz
D - Ansell, Nigro, Geria, Deng
M - Aniello Solano (Italian), Herd, Bozanic
F - Theoharous (NYL player), Rojas, Ibini (Troisi barely played, Nouha Dicko on loan for last half of season)

Finished dead last, sacked Muscat and poached Okon from finals bound Coasties

Jerks - Me for 5 and a half weeks more

GK - Glover. Was Jordan Holmes who went to Leeds. Brought Glover in on loan, picked up a 4.5 star GK prospect from Peru. If I was still in charge next season, Glover wouldn't be re-loaned. I have Peruvian guy looking half decent and have an Australian U18 rep in the NYL squad, so he might make the step up too.
DR - Iranian regen. He will definitely leave, way too good for A-League. Have Australian U18 rep and Cowburn in squad, so covered
DL - Iraqi regen. He will definitely leave, way too good for A-League. Have Australian U18 rep and Cowburn in squad, so covered
DC - Jackson, Chapman starting. Good wasn't very good and hasn't played much at all. Have a few U18 reps in NYL squad so Good might leave and Cowburn can play there as well so he has lived on the bench covering the entire backline
MC - Brazilian and Iranian regens. Both far too good for Jets and both will leave when I am gone. Petermann excellent bench cover, probably too good for that. Have an Australian Croatian regen in youth team but he's only 16 and unsure how good he will be.
AMC - Rogic. Was without a club for nearly 3 months and settled on the Jets. Yay for us. Been an absolute gun, 15 goals and 12 assists in all competitions. Have one good and two decent looking regens in NYL but very light here - have had to use Ikon in middle when Rogic unavailable.
AMR - Ikon, amazing. 14 goals, 20 assists. Almost certainly going to leave as well. Have a youth rep AMR in NYL, so happy with depth there.
AML - Armenakas, good but not amazing compared to above two. 13 goals, 11 assists. Have Piscopo on loan as well but he hasn't been amazing. No youth regens, so lacking amazing depth.
ST - Regen. 34 goals in 38 appearances. Stupid numbers. Wanted by sc Herenveen so will almost 100% leave when I am gone. His back up has 10 goals from the bench as well at 17yo, so happy with that spot. Also have a few decent prospects in the youth, one of them 19 that is chomping for first team action so I think Jets are covered for a season or 5.

Finished first with a 24/2/1 record, breaking points, goals and wins records.

Perth - Kenny Lowe

G - Cisak
D - Aryn Williams, Behich, Lowery, Jurman
M - Harry Cornick (English), Brandon Wilson, Tim Chow (English), Da Silva, Connor Pain (lots of rotation or injuries)
F - Keogh, Taggart, Reiners

Finished 3rd

Smurfs - Chris Taylor (Arnie sacked in 2018)

G - Vukovic
D - Grant, Callum Elder, Wilkinson, Luka Bogdan (Croatian)
M - Beard, Ryan Williams, De Neise, Tarique Fosu (English), Regen
F - Regen

Finished 6th

Nux - Gary Phillips (Des Buckingham sacked first season, took Chris Taylor from South Melbourne, Sydney poached him)

G - Italiano
D - Georgievski, Mullen, Luke Adams (S Melb), Rossi
M - Roly, Anthony Molina (Peru), Kosta, Mitch Austin, Germano
F - Regen on loan from Sheff Wed

Finished 9th

WSW - Hayden Foxe (Popa got fired - now works as Jets coach)

G - Tyson
D - Aspro, Luca Iotti (Italian), Regen (on loan from Jets NPL, wtf), Clisby. Neville probably started as DR but looks to have been injured
M - Luke O'Nein (English), Mattia Zaccagni (Italian), Joshua Laws, Melling, Nichols
F - Kosta Petratos

Finished 9th

Blows my mind how little turnover there is at other clubs.

goaliepersempre
19-07-2017, 04:39 PM
What tactical setups and instructions are you guys using?

Started the season really well but now have stagnated.

Jeterpool
19-07-2017, 04:48 PM

That's just the Jets mate.

Macca
19-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Working as intended :rof:

goaliepersempre
19-07-2017, 07:00 PM
That's just the Jets mate.

true but in my case - FC Aarau

StannyCFCJET
19-07-2017, 10:17 PM
true but in my case - FC Aarau

I tend to use 4-2-3-1 or -4-3-3 possesion or direct attacking, But on my current Everton one using a 5-2-2-1 with WBs. possession and high tempo. Beat Shitty 2-1 but lost to the Reds. Signed Andy Carrol who is doing really well but Firmino is a joke, Him and Mane destroyed me on the wings

Grimario
20-07-2017, 12:55 PM

First season with Jets I played a 4-1-2-2-1 with DMC, 2 MC and wingers. Squad was shit and played mostly on counter. After a season of shedding the dross and decent recruiting, moved to a 4-2-3-1 and played more possession.

Just won GF, 2-0 over City and not even close... though mostly due to them having two sent off.

After being released a few years ago, Rogic is now wanted by Celtic. Petermann got jack of no first team football and handed in a transfer request, looks to be off to Croatia.

Playing my second last game with the Jets. Away to Beijing Guo'an with the home fixture to be my last one in charge.

:(

Grimario
20-07-2017, 02:32 PM
So... my contract expired and now I am on a month to month contract.

I have declared interest in the managerial roles at East Thurrock in Vanarama South and Maidstone who are in Vanarama National at present but finished last and will be in North/South next season.

Grimario
20-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Maidstone United it is.

Had 5 players on loan and 19 absolutely garbage players on day to day contracts. All punted. One of them was my best player though, so signed him to a permanent deal. Have another 8 garbage players and 3 okayish players coming up to end of contract in 3 days but am going to let all of them go. That will leave me with a bare bones squad of 15, four of those being youth, one who is my best AMC by a long margin and three who aren't great but look like decent prospects. So... 12 first team players, none of them a GK.

Will wait for the contract end date to roll around and then get stuck into some free transfers, see if I can't get us back into Vanarama National in a year. Worryingly, the expectation for next season is "don't get relegated" :(

StannyCFCJET
20-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Maidstone United it is.

Had 5 players on loan and 19 absolutely garbage players on day to day contracts. All punted. One of them was my best player though, so signed him to a permanent deal. Have another 8 garbage players and 3 okayish players coming up to end of contract in 3 days but am going to let all of them go. That will leave me with a bare bones squad of 15, four of those being youth, one who is my best AMC by a long margin and three who aren't great but look like decent prospects. So... 12 first team players, none of them a GK.

Will wait for the contract end date to roll around and then get stuck into some free transfers, see if I can't get us back into Vanarama National in a year. Worryingly, the expectation for next season is "don't get relegated" :(

Gonna take any jets players with you?

Grimario
20-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Gonna take any jets players with you?

Unlike real life Jets, there isn't a single player shit enough for Maidstone.

Grimario
21-07-2017, 09:58 AM
Maidstone United it is.

One of my best players put in a transfer request saying he was too good for Vanarama South.
Then the board accepted a takeover offer so embargo happened and all but one of my free acquisitions were still pondering offers. I got a Brazilian left winger in who was previously at a League 2 side and didn't play a game.
Then the embargo got lifted, club is now owned by the fans, and I re-offered contracts to all of the ones I was after before. Missed out on a GK so will have to hunt down a few of those still.

Drew first match 2-2 against a team in Isthmian First Division South.

Pre-season done. 4-0 home win against Braintree, Vanarama National, 3-1 away win against Southern Counties side Bearsted and a 1-0 home loss to Coventry from League 2.

One of the decent looking prospects has gone off on loan, the right winger withdrew his transfer request and I picked up a decent GK on non-contract terms. Have loan bids out on a left back and centre back as they are the biggest weaknesses in my squad. Can't find a decent AMC anywhere so looks like the 16 year old gun (whose name is Gunn) has the starting spot.

Scratch that, got a decent looking AMC on loan from Dag & Red and a depth winger on loan from Stevenage. The DL and DC are both from Leyton Orient as well.

Squad sorted, I think. 26 players which should sort me out for the season barring horror injuries.

Grimario
21-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Didn't lose my first game, a trip to Sutton United!

Didn't start as planned. Team is definitely not good enough for my possession style, was 2-0 down after an hour and included a missed penalty from both sides. Switched it to my "we are shit, let's ping it long" counter tactic and pulled both goals back to finish 2-2, aided a little by them having a player sent off.

Jets look good in pre-season under the guidance of Jose Manuel Mateo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Manuel_Mateo). He has them undefeated and without conceding, including a 3-0 drubbing of WSW in the FFA Cup. He's also got them scheduled on a tour of India...

:wtf:

Petermann was sold to Croatia and Curtis Good has gone out on loan to Dutch league. No other transfer rumours that I can see at the club.

Grimario
21-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Forgot how brutal the schedule was in England. Weekend and midweek games constantly. How our 27 games a year blokes are considered full time is a bit laughable.

Started the season with 4-1-1 record, 6 games in 21 days. Have a nice week off now before another 6 in 21 stretch which will only worsen if I win a cup tie or two.

24-07-2017, 12:59 AM
My perl skills are way to limited to create a plugin like that myself. I searched a lot through thist forum and never found something useful. But there must be a few people who could use this - not only for audio dramas/radio dramas, but even more audiobooks.

Grimario
24-07-2017, 11:40 AM
So, the opening 5 games were 4-1 and the loss was my sixth. I've since gone winless with another loss and three draws in the league. Did smash some pub team in FA cup 2nd round qualifier though and have drawn another pub team in the next round.

My star right winger who requested a transfer and then withdrew it tore his ACL and is gone for season. Brought in Andy Roberts. Assume he is a dapper looking regen with a pony tail.

Grimario
24-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Stanny, just realised my other star player, Ghanian right back, is a former Chelsea youth captain and English youth captain... Seth Nana Ofori-Twumasi

Grimario
31-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Since my last post about results, I have gone 9-3-1 including wins against Folkestone and Leatherhead in the FA Cup. I am into the second round proper with a tough ask facing L2 side Hartlepool. Last 3 games have all been dropped points though... including a 4-2 loss where my DR was sent in the 12th minute.

Have consecutive Saturday only games so few of my squad might get a chance to have a bit of a rest before FA Cup and FA Trophy games make it weekend and midweek games up to mid December.

Grimario
31-07-2017, 11:28 AM
And UK has just left EU. Not that that's really an issue with a non-league side with all my players being from UK.

StannyCFCJET
21-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Hey Grim you getting fm18?? All the new features look interesting

Grimario
24-10-2017, 11:33 AM
Probably at some point, yeah. Not in any rush though.

StannyCFCJET
07-11-2017, 01:08 AM
This new Dynamics system is ****ed. Players always pissed at you and your captain wont step in and speak to them because he doesn't feel its his place.

Using Portsmouth. Currently 9th around 15 league games in league 1. Starting to win a few and squad holds a meeting saying ive lost the dressing room and want me to leave FFS

Grimario
28-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Anyone other than me and Stanny playing this or planning to?

goaliepersempre
28-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Anyone other than me and Stanny playing this or planning to?

still pretty ingrained in my FM17 story.. next year when on sale or something.

StannyCFCJET
28-11-2017, 07:16 PM

What club are you?

goaliepersempre
28-11-2017, 07:29 PM
What club are you?

Naturally plying my trade with FC Aarau at the moment. (Swiss League)

But will start an English adventure or a german lower leagues

Grimario
28-11-2017, 07:52 PM

Or when Grim sends you a code after winning a copy when he already bought it?

StannyCFCJET
28-11-2017, 08:35 PM
Or when Grim sends you a code after winning a copy when he already bought it?

Say what?? How did you win a copy?

Bremsstrahlung
28-11-2017, 08:41 PM
I don’t like that there’s no real way of knowing if what you’re doing works.
In my experiences I open a game with the jets. Try playing a formation, lose, change formation, lose, repeat x 5.
Find my best performing players and play them. Win. Repeat. Followed by lose lose lose lose lose and no matter what I do, nothing changes.
Feels too randomly generated sometimes.

StannyCFCJET
28-11-2017, 09:02 PM
I don’t like that there’s no real way of knowing if what you’re doing works.
In my experiences I open a game with the jets. Try playing a formation, lose, change formation, lose, repeat x 5.
Find my best performing players and play them. Win. Repeat. Followed by lose lose lose lose lose and no matter what I do, nothing changes.
Feels too randomly generated sometimes.

Thats because the Jerks squad has been garbage for years and stats reflect this but Nabbout has 8 pace LOL sums it up

Grimario
29-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Say what?? How did you win a copy?

Won this - https://press-start.com.au/win/2017/11/09/win-football-manager-2018-limited-edition-competition/

Limited edition, woo!

goaliepersempre
29-11-2017, 06:41 PM
nice

StannyCFCJET
18-10-2018, 10:57 PM
New FM looks interesting this year and beta drops tomorrow. Super keen for the new training system

Grimario
06-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Picked up FM2019 after not really playing 2018.

Jets are kind of ****ed... Johnny K is on an 18 month injury break and you have to register him to the squad or he gets axed. :(

I did what Ernie couldn't do and solved the striker problem. Jake Adelson went out on loan to APIA Leichhardt freeing up a spot in the squad. Signed Will Keane from Hull on loan for the season. Banging signing.

Except he's been unavailable or shit.

He broke ribs in his final game with Hull U23's and was out for 6 weeks.
Finally made his debut in mid November, scored on debut in a 1-1 draw with the smurfs.
Twisted a knee in training after his first game, missed a week.
Injured a hammy just before Christmas and missed a week.

He's made 3 more appearances since his debut and been shite. Not a goal since. Not an assist. Averaging just over 6. ****er.

Still doing well though... 5-1-1 record in the league, won the FFA Cup against Adelaide. Dominating games, >60% possession, over 500 completed passes per game but the same old Jets profligacy in front of goal with only 8 scored. It's the 3 goals conceded so far that's seen us in second spot. Vargas and Ridenton are top scorers with two each whilst Keane, Sheppard, Jair and Boogaard have one apiece.

Jair rejected contract offer so is off. Going to let Roy, Italiano, Vujica (game rates him as shit, just like Ernie), Austin and hopefully keep Sheppard on the cheap. Dunno what to do with JK as he can't play till October 2019 so he is going to end up pretty trash.

Grimario
06-01-2019, 04:37 PM
I mean look at this shit?

https://i.imgur.com/oF2teZi.png

1-1 draw.

StannyCFCJET
06-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Picked up FM2019 after not really playing 2018.

Jets are kind of ****ed... Johnny K is on an 18 month injury break and you have to register him to the squad or he gets axed. :(

I did what Ernie couldn't do and solved the striker problem. Jake Adelson went out on loan to APIA Leichhardt freeing up a spot in the squad. Signed Will Keane from Hull on loan for the season. Banging signing.

Except he's been unavailable or shit.

He broke ribs in his final game with Hull U23's and was out for 6 weeks.
Finally made his debut in mid November, scored on debut in a 1-1 draw with the smurfs.
Twisted a knee in training after his first game, missed a week.
Injured a hammy just before Christmas and missed a week.

He's made 3 more appearances since his debut and been shite. Not a goal since. Not an assist. Averaging just over 6. ****er.

Still doing well though... 5-1-1 record in the league, won the FFA Cup against Adelaide. Dominating games, >60% possession, over 500 completed passes per game but the same old Jets profligacy in front of goal with only 8 scored. It's the 3 goals conceded so far that's seen us in second spot. Vargas and Ridenton are top scorers with two each whilst Keane, Sheppard, Jair and Boogaard have one apiece.

Jair rejected contract offer so is off. Going to let Roy, Italiano, Vujica (game rates him as shit, just like Ernie), Austin and hopefully keep Sheppard on the cheap. Dunno what to do with JK as he can't play till October 2019 so he is going to end up pretty trash.

Hey mate nice to see youve got 19. I bought the Ingame editor, Removed Johnny K's injury and boosted some jets players stats to reflect last year. Aleague researcher is a joke so Ive subscribed to Aussie database where every Aleague team has had their youth team created and you can now actually promote youth.

StannyCFCJET
06-01-2019, 04:59 PM
I mean look at this shit?

https://i.imgur.com/oF2teZi.png

1-1 draw.

Hahaha this has happened to me quite a bit, I can usually tell after 10 mins if Im scoring or not

Grimario
06-01-2019, 05:06 PM
Hahaha this has happened to me quite a bit, I can usually tell after 10 mins if Im scoring or not

Just won the next game 2-0 after Kanta was sent off. Only had 7 shots and was dominated but apparently with a man down, we aren't as wasteful.

Bremsstrahlung
07-01-2019, 07:25 AM
Don’t get this game.
Feels like I have zero control. No matter what I do, what formation, what players or changing everything. Just seems completely random.

StannyCFCJET
07-01-2019, 08:21 AM
Don’t get this game.
Feels like I have zero control. No matter what I do, what formation, what players or changing everything. Just seems completely random.

I've figured out certain things but yeah still random at times but isnt that football?

Grimario
08-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Hoff got sent off, scraped a 2-1 win.

Beat Adelaide 2-0 to finish the year on a high then beat Brisbane 2-1 to start with a bang.

Will Keane hasn't added to his season tally of one :(

Italiano demanded first team football so is now happily the back up to Izzo at Adelaide. Brought in Daniel Margush... the back up at Adelaide who was released o_O

Trying to offload O'Donovan and Austin to free up some spots. Austin hasn't played at all and Roy is back up and off contract.

Grimario
08-01-2019, 05:39 PM
Keane ends goal drought

Newcastle United Jets FC loan Signing Will Keane at last put a smile on the fans' faces as the striker ended his goal drought at Perth Rectangular Stadium on Sunday.
Keane had previously played over ten hours of competitive football without a goal before his 34th minute strike against Perth Gory FC

Newcastle Jets' Keane was forced off with a twisted ankle in the 66th minute following a tackle from Alex Grant

Out 4-6 weeks :(

StannyCFCJET
08-01-2019, 06:14 PM
Keane ends goal drought

Newcastle United Jets FC loan Signing Will Keane at last put a smile on the fans' faces as the striker ended his goal drought at Perth Rectangular Stadium on Sunday.
Keane had previously played over ten hours of competitive football without a goal before his 34th minute strike against Perth Gory FC

Newcastle Jets' Keane was forced off with a twisted ankle in the 66th minute following a tackle from Alex Grant

Out 4-6 weeks :(

Classic Jerks

Grimario
08-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Classic Jerks

He is none from three on his return.

Mid March, injury crisis is hitting.

Ronnie damaged knee cartilage, few months.
Hoff groin strain, Ridenton sent off, Cowburn hammy strain means George to right back and due to Vujica leaving on loan, Mitch Austin is playing left back.
Champness groin strain so Keane is playing up front on the left, Jair moves into the middle for the injured Vargas and Sheppard (second top scorer) plays up front.

I've managed two from two in the ACL after I got past the Roar's bogey team in the qualifier. Don't care much about it as have the final derby coming up so the injuries might prevent me from the one true prize each season.

StannyCFCJET
08-01-2019, 10:20 PM
He is none from three on his return.

Mid March, injury crisis is hitting.

Ronnie damaged knee cartilage, few months.
Hoff groin strain, Ridenton sent off, Cowburn hammy strain means George to right back and due to Vujica leaving on loan, Mitch Austin is playing left back.
Champness groin strain so Keane is playing up front on the left, Jair moves into the middle for the injured Vargas and Sheppard (second top scorer) plays up front.

I've managed two from two in the ACL after I got past the Roar's bogey team in the qualifier. Don't care much about it as have the final derby coming up so the injuries might prevent me from the one true prize each season.

Yeah Injuries are killer in this edition, Had Dimi break his leg mid season 1 and he was on fire. Somehow I still did the double not sure how though

Grimario
08-01-2019, 10:23 PM
And to make matters worse, Gorgeous George has just been called up to the Macedonian squad on the back of being amazing.

StannyCFCJET
08-01-2019, 10:29 PM

This is my Current Jerks team, New Striker, Right Winger and CB coming very soon, maybe a GK as well. 1st season I did the double, Second season won the FFA cup but crashed out of the finals round 1

Grimario
08-01-2019, 10:41 PM

This is my Current Jerks team, New Striker, Right Winger and CB coming very soon, maybe a GK as well. 1st season I did the double, Second season won the FFA cup but crashed out of the finals round 1

https://i.imgur.com/9mii2Xc.png
This is my best XI. Jair/Dimi swap positions.

Roy is absolute shit, worst player in my squad now, methinks.

Keane is shitter than his attributes should lead to. Next season, going to find a stronger AF because he's terrible at it.

StannyCFCJET
08-01-2019, 10:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/uRK7BOa.png
This is my best XI. Jair/Dimi swap positions.

Roy is absolute shit, worst player in my squad now, methinks.

Keane is shitter than his attributes should lead to. Next season, going to find a stronger AF because he's terrible at it.

Roy for me was a streak player but his attributes decline way too quick especially physical. Sheppard is good but goes on goal droughts as well, Jair was dogshit and sold in January season 1. Dimi is the star and Ronnie was good but just released

Grimario
08-01-2019, 10:54 PM
Roy for me was a streak player but his attributes decline way too quick especially physical. Sheppard is good but goes on goal droughts as well, Jair was dogshit and sold in January season 1. Dimi is the star and Ronnie was good but just released

Jair has been my star. 8 goals, 6 assists. Bastard refused new contract though, so have to replace my best player in the off season :(
Ronnie was good too but this two month injury I suspect will ruin him. And after I extended him too :(
Dimi has been good but missed time through injury.

Sheppard has been better than Keane. What a terrible marquee

Grimario
08-01-2019, 11:45 PM
And out of nowhere, I've just demolished the nix 7-0 away. Jair hat trick, Dimi brace and singles for Cowburn and Austin off the bench. Keane even had a good game with 3 key passes and a 9.0.

StannyCFCJET
10-01-2019, 10:43 PM
OMFG Only this game can do this. Down 1-0 from the first leg, They score first and then bam quite possibly my greatest ever FM match

Grimario
01-03-2019, 04:17 PM
Back after my little holiday.

1-0 WSW
3-2 PG
2-1 Hiroshima (ACL)
1-1 BR
5-1 SFC

Solid finish to regular season before 1-1 away to Pohang and 2-0 in the SF against the scum. Have done enough to make knock out stage of ACL so playing complete nuffy team against Johor Darul Ta'Zim in final group game before revenge happens when I beat MV at Hunter Stadium one year on from VARgate.

StannyCFCJET
01-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Back after my little holiday.

1-0 WSW
3-2 PG
2-1 Hiroshima (ACL)
1-1 BR
5-1 SFC

Solid finish to regular season before 1-1 away to Pohang and 2-0 in the SF against the scum. Have done enough to make knock out stage of ACL so playing complete nuffy team against Johor Darul Ta'Zim in final group game before revenge happens when I beat MV at Hunter Stadium one year on from VARgate.

What season? I'm into season 4 I've won the league 3 times and the championship twice and the ACL once. Probs move to new club soon

Grimario
01-03-2019, 07:56 PM
Still first season.

Grimario
01-03-2019, 09:36 PM
The whole timing of contracts for the A-League is dumb. Away to Shanghai SIPG, 3-3 result. Excellent... but on the 29th May. Jair leaves, home leg 5th June.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Home fixture now, just need a low score draw... but Dan G is off with Macedonia and Jackson is injured. Cowburn at left back, some youth player as back up DC.

This isn't going to go well.

Grimario
04-03-2019, 02:15 AM
Hoff was MOM at right back with 2 key passes and an assist. JOWIC and Will Keane scored, Hoff also got an OG.

Jair gone to CEA on a free after refused to re-sign.
Roy, Vujica, Johnny K, Adelson, Austin, Maki Petratos, Joice, Tyson Jackson and Monahan-Vaiika all released. Only released JK because I couldn't re-sign him for some reason because of the "non football reasons" unavailability but it appears I am able to re-sign him now he has been released.

Picking up Brandon Lundy, JK and Jacob Eliopoulous. He's some young Aus DC playing in Cyprus, so picked him up on a free after Thomas Deng opted to re-sign for MV instead of joining the Jerks.

Also picked up Will Keane on a free as marquee. Released by Hull, paying £1k a week less than when he was on loan. Woo.

Will mean only Vargas and Keane as Fgn players. Might look to pick up a young Asian player or two, maybe someone at left back and someone better than Lundy/JOWIC for the wing.

Grimario
04-03-2019, 05:22 AM
Couldn't get anyone that fit the bill but picked up a kid called Finley Thorndike (https://www.wba.co.uk/teams/under-18s/midfielder/finley-thorndike/), a highly rated 18yo AMC from West Brom.

And got a youth intake like no other... the blurb when it happened was "Whisper it quietly, but this could be a so-called "golden generation" , with Andrew Harris the diamond in a very strong group of players." Andrew Harris is the left back I was looking to recruit. He's got great physical and mental attributes for a 16 year old and will definitely get some game time this season. Hopefully he opts for Australia and not Italy which is where he was born.

Grimario
07-03-2019, 11:43 AM
Andrew Harris is off playing youth internationals and of course Dan G gets his ankle broken. Now playing Hoff at left back, Ridenton right back.

Going to have a lot of spots to fill in the next off season. Moss is retiring despite still being great, Topor accepted a contract in the UAE and Boogaard has lost all of his non-existent pace so won't be re-signed. Daniel Margush is my backup GK but he isn't good enough to take Moss' starting gig when he retires so he is likely off as well and I might look at a Fgn import between the sticks. I would like to keep the Hoff for his versatility but he is asking for a doubling of his wage so he can get stuffed.

Have bids out on gypo Buhagiar, Panos Armenakas and Lewis Khoury so hopefully at least one of them joins on. Vargas is going to be well past it come next season so Dimi will move centrally and at least the last two will be an upgrade on Lundy. Gypo though is one of the highest rated players by my scouts, so who knows.

Squad next season is looking to be similar without signings...

New GK
Dan G - Eliopoulos - Jackson - Harris
Cowburn - Ridenton/Uga/Kanta
Petratos - Vargas - Lundy
Keane

Jeterpool
07-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Andrew Harris is off playing youth internationals and of course Dan G gets his ankle broken. Now playing Hoff at left back, Ridenton right back.

Going to have a lot of spots to fill in the next off season. Moss is retiring despite still being great, Topor accepted a contract in the UAE and Boogaard has lost all of his non-existent pace so won't be re-signed. Daniel Margush is my backup GK but he isn't good enough to take Moss' starting gig when he retires so he is likely off as well and I might look at a Fgn import between the sticks. I would like to keep the Hoff for his versatility but he is asking for a doubling of his wage so he can get stuffed.

Have bids out on gypo Buhagiar, Panos Armenakas and Lewis Khoury so hopefully at least one of them joins on. Vargas is going to be well past it come next season so Dimi will move centrally and at least the last two will be an upgrade on Lundy. Gypo though is one of the highest rated players by my scouts, so who knows.

New GK
Keane

Nice!

StannyCFCJET
07-03-2019, 01:31 PM

New GK
Keane

ill post my team for season 4

GK Noah James
Rb Johnny K CBs Ryan Mcgowan and Bailey Wright LB Vujica

CMs Uga Bogga and Cowburn/Thurgate

RW Dimi CAM Jack Simmons LW Rene Piscopo/Champness
ST Dylan Weznall Halls

Looking for another RW and ST

Grimario
07-03-2019, 01:55 PM
ill post my team for season 4

GK Noah James
Rb Johnny K CBs Ryan Mcgowan and Bailey Wright LB Vujica

CMs Uga Bogga and Cowburn/Thurgate

RW Dimi CAM Jack Simmons LW Rene Piscopo/Champness
ST Dylan Weznall Halls

Looking for another RW and ST

You edited Vujica and Uga, didn't you? Maybe JK too. No way those 3 are starting quality. Thurgate too... absolute gash. Cowburn is miles ahead of them all.

StannyCFCJET
07-03-2019, 02:07 PM
You edited Vujica and Uga, didn't you? Maybe JK too. No way those 3 are starting quality. Thurgate too... absolute gash. Cowburn is miles ahead of them all.

Nope and Ugar scored 15 goals in the league for me last season. Shocking I know. Their good if you give them game time

StannyCFCJET
07-03-2019, 02:09 PM
Also I had issues with Hoff asking for double wages a few times

Grimario
07-03-2019, 03:33 PM
Nope and Ugar scored 15 goals in the league for me last season. Shocking I know. Their good if you give them game time

Uga and Kanta get plenty of game time. Ridenton and Cowburn cover both fullback spots so they aren't always starting in midfield... but even with 13 games, Uga only has 1 goal. Kanta is a bit more prolific (somehow) with 4 in 18.

Vargas is leading scorer in season 2 with 11 from 22 games. Keane and Cowburn are equal second with 5 each. Have lost Vargas for a month with an ankle injury and Finley Thorndike went and suffered the same injury 30 minutes after he replaced Vargas on the pitch :(

Some youth product is next in line. Was grooming him to be the Vargas replacement but he's only just turned 17, so he can be the Thorndike back up.

Grimario
10-03-2019, 01:53 PM
After his little layoff, Vargas has come back and failed to score :(

Keane is up to double figures now and both Lundy and Petratos have chipped in with 5 apiece.

Didn't really have any major squad gaps in the January window so went a bit crazy on all the NPL youth prospects that my scouts rated as 4 star or higher potential. Ended up with a 17yo striker who thinks he is so good that he wouldn't take a youth contract. Thurgate was the unlucky squad cut.

The youth squad is pretty impressive now, finished season 7-0-1 but unfortunately that loss was to the other team who finished 7-0-1 so they went to the GF. Scored 22, conceded 7 in 8 games.

Whilst typing this, Vargas has scored in an unexpected 8-0 thrashing of Jeonbuk in the ACL. What the ****? Uga and Lundy braces, Keane hat trick. Ridenton at right back got 3 assists. :wtf:

Grimario
19-03-2019, 02:33 AM
Won the league, thrashed Saitama 8-2 in another ACL group game.

The "golden generation" left back has been named NYL player of the year... despite not playing a single NYL game all season. They even used his A-League stats in the award announcement... so maybe it's the in game version of the NAB young footballer award?

https://i.imgur.com/YnrWkmLs.png

He's pretty bloody good for a youth player. The striker bloke is pretty good too but not yet found his scoring boots... though he has scored once ever 79 minutes, so maybe I should give him more time. Keane is one goal every 122, so yeah... maybe a bit over critical!

https://i.imgur.com/afJVhQhs.png

Grimario
19-03-2019, 02:50 AM
Nope... after the GF (1-0 win over City, GolGen DL to Dimi header), GolGen was named as A-League YPOTY. Moss GKOTY and Moss, Hoff, Jackson, Cowburn, Lundy and Keane in TOTY. Topor, Ugar and Vargas on bench.

One day celebration then flight to South Korea for ACL. Love the scheduling.

Grimario
19-03-2019, 11:29 PM
Stanny, ever had any issues with weird contract timing? Moss retired so I was in the market for a new GK and there were 3 fantastic looking 22-25 year old Fgn keepers available. The best of the lot agreed to terms but then it rocks up and tells me he is due to join the club on 31st December! It's like the game hasn't even registered the current transfer window and is lumping me with signings in 5 months time :( Can't even sign Australian players, they get the same join date.

All the signings I made before the window opened are fine... Buhagiar has joined and I picked up Tyrese Francoise from Fulham on a free as well... but as it stands, I can't get a GK in and my youth keeper is now starting. Going to see if a Loan gets past this issue.

StannyCFCJET
20-03-2019, 12:22 AM
Stanny, ever had any issues with weird contract timing? Moss retired so I was in the market for a new GK and there were 3 fantastic looking 22-25 year old Fgn keepers available. The best of the lot agreed to terms but then it rocks up and tells me he is due to join the club on 31st December! It's like the game hasn't even registered the current transfer window and is lumping me with signings in 5 months time :( Can't even sign Australian players, they get the same join date.

All the signings I made before the window opened are fine... Buhagiar has joined and I picked up Tyrese Francoise from Fulham on a free as well... but as it stands, I can't get a GK in and my youth keeper is now starting. Going to see if a Loan gets past this issue.

YEP its ****ed. ive got this with my new foreign striker. No Idea how its happened

Grimario
20-03-2019, 03:20 AM
Got a loan GK in... who is far superior to the guy I was signing. Unfortunately he is costing 2k a week... so only on loan till the window arrives.

StannyCFCJET
20-03-2019, 08:29 AM
Oh and all backup squaddies wanting close to 4k a week

Grimario
20-03-2019, 05:38 PM
Boogaard and the Hoff were both happy to take reduced salaries with one week left before departure. Hoff was a good option to keep, Boogs is now FA.

Grimario
23-03-2019, 01:52 AM
Will Keane after his top scorer year (19 in all comps) has just been called up to and scored his first goal for Northern Ireland. Not bad for a Man Utd prospect, I guess.

Grimario
10-04-2019, 02:02 AM
Changi Airport is a great layover spot for a few hours of FM.

Mali won the African Nations Cup in 2019, qualifying for the 2021 Confed Cup. Unfortunately, it's on at the same time as the 2021 ACN, so Mali B will be playing in the Confed Cup.

StannyCFCJET
10-04-2019, 10:52 AM
I left the jets and now manage st Mirren in the SPL

Grimario
10-04-2019, 11:24 PM
I'm now the Socceroos manager. Albert Zaccheroni was sacked after a 0-0-3 confederation cup, including an 8-0 loss to Brazil.

Arnold left Socceroos after first season when Muscat got the sack and took over MV

StannyCFCJET
10-04-2019, 11:48 PM
I'm now the Socceroos manager. Albert Zaccheroni was sacked after a 0-0-3 confederation cup, including an 8-0 loss to Brazil.

Arnold left Socceroos after first season when Muscat got the sack and took over MV

Your kidding Albert Zaccheroni that bloke coached the socceroos in my save as well

Grimario
11-04-2019, 02:33 AM
It's amazing how good Jackson is in game.

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2019, 11:02 AM
It's amazing how good Jackson is in game.

Agreed

goaliepersempre
11-04-2019, 05:34 PM
the whole trasnfer window registration is a little bit screwed with me at the moment too...

I.e Transfer window is closed, I sign a free agent, yet he doesnt sign on until january.

However the competition final registration window is then afterwards... Annoying...

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2019, 06:49 PM
the whole trasnfer window registration is a little bit screwed with me at the moment too...

I.e Transfer window is closed, I sign a free agent, yet he doesnt sign on until january.

However the competition final registration window is then afterwards... Annoying...

Its a bug I think

Grimario
12-04-2019, 02:31 AM
Just had this guy come in through my youth intake. Instantly into starting line up next to Jackson.

https://i.imgur.com/1bhevQu.png

And instantly upgraded to senior contract for 4 years. He has the highest potential in the squad according to my Ass Man and is also good enough to go straight into Socceroos.

WTF

StannyCFCJET
12-04-2019, 02:33 AM
Just had this guy come in through my youth intake. Instantly into starting line up next to Jackson.

https://i.imgur.com/1bhevQu.png

And instantly upgraded to senior contract for 4 years. He has the highest potential in the squad according to my Ass Man and is also good enough to go straight into Socceroos.

WTF

holy shit

Grimario
14-04-2019, 06:14 PM
I won't get to see him develop as I have accepted a new roll at Preston North End, battling relegation in the Championship. Zero transfer budget for January window, £70k over wage budget, £10m loss season to date.

Nigel Clough was the manager. He had a decent start, unbeaten in the first month but then a bit of a roller coaster... 5 losses, 2 wins and a draw to end of September 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses for October... and then winless till sacking in January. I've gone 3 wins, 3 draws since taking over so out of relegation zone for now.

Letting the club captain go as he appears to have pissed off everyone in the dressing room and the fans, so my first act was to punt him and receive a huge boost to fan and dressing room approval. I then managed to galvanise the support of the squad after one player tried to force a move to the Prem League and the rest of the squad supported me over him. Hoping that getting upper mid table might be enough to satisfy him as he looks to be pretty great.

Grimario
14-04-2019, 10:00 PM
4 games to go, safety confirmed. 14 points clear of relegation, 13 points behind the playoff spots. Firmly entrenched in mid table, one spot behind media prediction at start of season but hopefully can crack top 10 with a strong final 4 games. Two against relegation battlers, two against teams pushing playoff spots.

Grimario
30-04-2019, 07:13 AM
Comfortably securing promotion in second season.

At Asian Cup now... SF against SK.

Starting line up

Ryan
Jets Regen - Sainsbury - L. Jackson (yep) - Gersbach
Luongo - Adelaide Regen
Arzani - Rogic - Mabil
Jets Regen

That Jets regen DC would be starting too but is suspended. There's Victory, Glory and two City regens on the bench as well.

Am almost certainly going to lose. Scraped 1-0 against Japan, got thrashed by Qatar and smashed Palestine in the groups and snuck by Saudi Arabia in the second round before destroying Syria.

Grimario
09-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Picked up FM2020, having a mess around in the beta.

Turns out all the Jets need to be decent is to sign Tom Adeyemi on a free transfer and not have any injuries.

Also Jowic is "on sabbatical" till 30th June 2020 but was somehow eligible to randomly play in ONE of the FFA cup fixtures.

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Picked up FM2020, having a mess around in the beta.

Turns out all the Jets need to be decent is to sign Tom Adeyemi on a free transfer and not have any injuries.

Did you start in the ACL, I did and had all our good youth players as different roles. Langois was a striker

Grimario
09-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Did you start in the ACL, I did and had all our good youth players as different roles. Langois was a striker

Nope, listed as Knocked out in Group Stage for ACL qualification.

Langlois was absolute garbage and got released.

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Nope, listed as Knocked out in Group Stage for ACL qualification.

Langlois was absolute garbage and got released.

Yeah The Jets as well as the Aleague need new researchers

Grimario
10-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Started another game with maybe 15 countries and 30+ leagues loaded, get a better feel for things in a grander game and as Socceroos manager.

Langlois is a right winger now and much better. Clearly random position and random ability.

Missed on Adeyemi - with a bunch more leagues loaded, he signed for a League One team :(

StannyCFCJET
10-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Started another game with maybe 15 countries and 30+ leagues loaded, get a better feel for things in a grander game and as Socceroos manager.

Langlois is a right winger now and much better. Clearly random position and random ability.

Missed on Adeyemi - with a bunch more leagues loaded, he signed for a League One team :(

Yeah the Yoof being random roles is a bug and has been for years. Need to edit him in the editor when it comes out

Grimario
11-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Day before transfer window closes, Arroyo gets a 6 week injury. Got Toure on loan from Adelaide - they clearly don't rate him in FM land.

Day after transfer window closes, Wessi gets a 2 month injury. Now playing Fitz in the middle with Petratos and Millar as wingers. Fitz has been amazing on the wing... even after missing 4 weeks with a thigh strain, he is top scorer with 14, one ahead of Arroyo.

Should just add clarification... that's including cup games whilst Arroyo was still not part of the squad, including a pair of 4 goal games in 10-0 and 14-0 wins against Quinns FC and Wollongong United in the FFA Cup. He only has 6 goals that mean anything in the league.

Grimario
12-11-2019, 11:47 AM
I was really looking forward to attempting the San Marino challenge again this year but turns out the club, San Marino Calcio, folded and was reestablished outside of San Marino. That means no Sammarinese club to develop youth in to one day win the world cup :(

However, it looks like there might be a ready made replacement with FC Andorra in the Spanish Second Division B3 being a decent gateway into the Andorra Challenge. That's significantly easier (ha) as they are a solid 70 world rankings ahead of San Marino, so should only take 25 or so years to achieve instead of 40.

Grimario
12-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Has there ever been a real season that went down to the wire like this?

I had a chance to go top, completely dominated Sydney but lost in typical Jets fashion. 63% possession, 470 completed passes to their 250 attempted, 23 shots... only 7 on target. Looking at stats, had 12 shots from midfield with only 2 from Dimi being on target.

https://i.imgur.com/rw8xHPV.png

Final round of games is Jets vs Western United and Nix vs WSW. I can go top even if Nix win, just by winning by a at least one more than they do as my Scored is better than theirs.

Also a battle for the spoon in the last round with Perth hosting Mariners.

StannyCFCJET
12-11-2019, 12:30 PM
I just got flogged against WSW 4-0 in my 3rd FFA Cup game, Should've been 6 or 7 nil. Couldn't do anything Jets squad is rubbish this season which reflects real life I guess

Grimario
12-11-2019, 12:37 PM
All the goals I concede seem to be long hoofs behind slow defenders or bombs from outside the box. Never seem to concede well constructed football goals.

Grimario
12-11-2019, 12:52 PM
I just got flogged against WSW 4-0 in my 3rd FFA Cup game, Should've been 6 or 7 nil. Couldn't do anything Jets squad is rubbish this season which reflects real life I guess

What formation are you playing? I was going to say I don't understand how you are getting flogged but I was on the end of a 4-0 thrashing at home against Victory. But still, the FM squad is nicely built, I reckon. Only signing I have made is a central midfielder. Playing a 4231 like we would be without injuries with Wes in behind Arroyo and Fitz/Dimi on the flanks. Fullbacks on attack, overlapping with the wingers playing narrow. Burns and Hoff are top of the assists with 11 and 10 each respectively. And that's why Dimi and Fitz are scoring so many for me because they are coming late on the far post. And Arroyo's main source of goals is getting onto quick breaks behind defenders.

Anyway... job done. 3-1 win on Friday night, helped by Kone getting sent off around the hour mark.