PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

StannyCFCJET
12-11-2019, 12:53 PM
What formation are you playing? I was going to say I don't understand how you are getting flogged but I was on the end of a 4-0 thrashing at home against Victory. But still, the FM squad is nicely built, I reckon. Only signing I have made is a central midfielder. Playing a 4231 like we would be without injuries with Wes in behind Arroyo and Fitz/Dimi on the flanks. Fullbacks on attack, overlapping with the wingers playing narrow. Burns and Hoff are top of the assists with 11 and 10 each respectively. And that's why Dimi and Fitz are scoring so many for me because they are coming late on the far post. And Arroyo's main source of goals is getting onto quick breaks behind defenders.

Anyway... job done. 3-1 win on Friday night, helped by Kone getting sent off around the hour mark.

4-2-3-1 both CMs and DMs with similar tactics to you but no idea what happened. it was like 3 shots to 17 I couldnt do anything

Grimario
12-11-2019, 01:06 PM
Yeboah scores in the second minute, Hooper and Conway score for Nix to make it 2-1 after an hour. If they had scored one more, I was done but thankfully some WSW regen scored in the 89th minute. Premiers, woo... and on 49 points. That's less than we got two years ago when we were miles behind Sydney. Would have only got fourth spot last year as well.

4-2-3-1 both CMs and DMs with similar tactics to you but no idea what happened. it was like 3 shots to 17 I couldnt do anything

I don't play with DM's unless Wes is out or defending a big lead. And even when he is out, I played Fitz at AM a bit. And even if I played with a DM, it was only ever one and still hard pressing, high tempo counter. Never played defensive.

I reckon the squad in game is just a quality CM away from being good. Ugarkovic and Adeyemi were fantastic in first save, Ugarkovic and Alexandre Vincent were fantastic in current save.

Grimario
12-11-2019, 01:49 PM
2-1 win in the semi final to set up a home grand final... which I am not confident about, regardless of who wins.

Lost Boogaard and Millar before the game. Boogs out for 3 weeks, Millar for 2 months. Burns got murdered in a tackle in the win, out for 3 weeks.

Back line is going to be Hoff/Kanta/Topor/Jackson :(

Edit - nope. Kanta has suffered an injury. Might be Topor and some youth player. Or maybe move Hoff to the left and Ridenton on the right.

StannyCFCJET
12-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Beat the gypos round 1 which is all that matters 3-1. Fitzy and Millar could be a dangerous combo

Grimario
12-11-2019, 04:47 PM
I won 3-0. Arroyo, Wes and Fitz with goals.

Extended Burns for a second year, Arroyo declined extension though. Kept Theoharous.

Dimi feels he needs to move to a bigger stage so if anyone comes in with $1.5m, he can go. Jowic can play there now anyway.

Italiano and Langlois released plus a bunch of youth.
Hoping to offload Ridenton, Koutroumbis and Maki Petratos plus two youth players.
Upgrading Ridenton to Melling who will compete with Ugarkovic and be DM preference over Kanta.

Really need to get a striker in. Hoping to get a decent loan signing in. About to pass 30th June so should be a lot of free agent strikers available.

StannyCFCJET
12-11-2019, 07:50 PM
I won 3-0. Arroyo, Wes and Fitz with goals.

Extended Burns for a second year, Arroyo declined extension though. Kept Theoharous.

Dimi feels he needs to move to a bigger stage so if anyone comes in with $1.5m, he can go. Jowic can play there now anyway.

Italiano and Langlois released plus a bunch of youth.
Hoping to offload Ridenton, Koutroumbis and Maki Petratos plus two youth players.
Upgrading Ridenton to Melling who will compete with Ugarkovic and be DM preference over Kanta.

Really need to get a striker in. Hoping to get a decent loan signing in. About to pass 30th June so should be a lot of free agent strikers available.

Jacob Melling? GEEZUS. Also how does Thurgate develop for you? And sounds like your in season 3 already

Grimario
12-11-2019, 08:10 PM
Thurgate is trash. So bad I think I released him very early before the first window closed.

And yes, Melling. He's miles better than Ridenton and Kanta. Better defensively than Ugar.

Grimario
19-11-2019, 06:52 PM
Full game out, started off my long term unemployed nuffy game. Mid July, a club in Swedish Second Division South Svealand offers me a gig. They tell me that I just need to survive relegation and stay within the wage budget. Easy peasy.

I take the job without looking... they are 3-1-13, just one point adrift of safety. Easy peasy.

Except the squad is 1 GK, 4 DC, 5 MC, 1 ST and they are all complete and utter shit. And they are already over wage budget of £235 per week. I figure if I am already going to blow the wage budget, I might as well get an entirely new team... which I do. But that destroys any sense of team cohesion and I come to the last game of the season with my record at 1-1-7. Despite that record, I have still maintained my third last position and though I can't get automatic safety, a win in my final game will at least lock me into a playoff spot against some non-league team. I could even get it with a loss as the teams below are playing 1st and 4th on the ladder. The squad is utter trash, even with the new additions. My top scorer has THREE... the entire club has 12.

Don't see my contract being extended though, regardless of results. I have blown the wage budget by a whopping £101 per week and the club is in £10k debt. So.... farewell AFK Linköping. Thanks for a less than auspicious start to my career!

And yep. Lost 2-0 to seal relegation and immediate sacking. 1 shot on target... story of the half season.

StannyCFCJET
19-11-2019, 07:02 PM
Full game out, started off my long term unemployed nuffy game. Mid July, a club in Swedish Second Division South Svealand offers me a gig. They tell me that I just need to survive relegation and stay within the wage budget. Easy peasy.

I take the job without looking... they are 3-1-13, just one point adrift of safety. Easy peasy.

Except the squad is 1 GK, 4 DC, 5 MC, 1 ST and they are all complete and utter shit. And they are already over wage budget of £235 per week. I figure if I am already going to blow the wage budget, I might as well get an entirely new team... which I do. But that destroys any sense of team cohesion and I come to the last game of the season with my record at 1-1-7. Despite that record, I have still maintained my third last position and though I can't get automatic safety, a win in my final game will at least lock me into a playoff spot against some non-league team. I could even get it with a loss as the teams below are playing 1st and 4th on the ladder. The squad is utter trash, even with the new additions. My top scorer has THREE... the entire club has 12.

Don't see my contract being extended though, regardless of results. I have blown the wage budget by a whopping £101 per week and the club is in £10k debt. So.... farewell AFK Linköping. Thanks for a less than auspicious start to my career!

And yep. Lost 2-0 to seal relegation and immediate sacking. 1 shot on target... story of the half season.

Wow that's rough. Players not listening or just shit

Grimario
19-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Wow that's rough. Players not listening or just shit

Players shit... but I also jumped into it ready to use my successful tactic from the Jets game in beta. Apparently you need to be able to hit a 5m pass though for that to work and this lot were terrible. After 6 losses, I switched to route one but my striker couldn't score in a brother with a fistful of fifties.

Some astoundingly bad tactical nous on my behalf though.

Grimario
19-11-2019, 10:41 PM
I dunno what Ernie has done...

Playing a narrow 442 diamond with Fitz as the AMC and Dimi and Arroyo as strikers.
He shipped Johnny and Ridenton off on loan and brought MATT THOMPSON in on a Mature Age Rookie contract.
Jackson, Italiano, Kantarovski and Sheppard all listed.

Coming 5th in the league, one point behind the scum... who have signed Poljak as a MAR. Looks like half the teams have gone out and grabbed a MAR... Jade North and James Brown somehow qualifying for this illustrious contract.

StannyCFCJET
19-11-2019, 11:04 PM
I dunno what Ernie has done...

Playing a narrow 442 diamond with Fitz as the AMC and Dimi and Arroyo as strikers.
He shipped Johnny and Ridenton off on loan and brought MATT THOMPSON in on a Mature Age Rookie contract.
Jackson, Italiano, Kantarovski and Sheppard all listed.

Coming 5th in the league, one point behind the scum... who have signed Poljak as a MAR. Looks like half the teams have gone out and grabbed a MAR... Jade North and James Brown somehow qualifying for this illustrious contract.

Yeah every one signs Thommo Poijak Brown and North, So bizare

Grimario
20-11-2019, 01:10 AM
New gig... Sweden dreg divisions must be the lowest rep ones I have loaded because I have joined Assyriska IF i Norrköping who expect me to win the same division I got relegated from with that other lot. Much, much better squad this time and I have joined in the off-season, so was able to fill a bunch of holes. It's a semi-professional team so lots of half decent players on Non Contract signings too.

Players come back from holidays and I get called into a meeting where one of the senior players says I have lost the dressing room due to me having a shit reputation and they don't think they can work with me. Cheers fellas.

I've got tactics being trained but think that might be a bit much for some part time footballers. Bit of route one in opening friendly saw a nice 5-0 victory... against a non league side. Real test will come when I play another North/East/West division club.

My star winger says the club doesn't share his ambition and won't sign a new contract... and he is significantly better than anyone else at the club. A better version of Fitz to give you some idea but can play both wings and up front in a pinch. Oh well.

Jets haven't won since last update and now in 10th spot. Only the managerless Roar are worse off.

StannyCFCJET
20-11-2019, 01:22 AM
New gig... Sweden dreg divisions must be the lowest rep ones I have loaded because I have joined Assyriska IF i Norrköping who expect me to win the same division I got relegated from with that other lot. Much, much better squad this time and I have joined in the off-season, so was able to fill a bunch of holes. It's a semi-professional team so lots of half decent players on Non Contract signings too.

Players come back from holidays and I get called into a meeting where one of the senior players says I have lost the dressing room due to me having a shit reputation and they don't think they can work with me. Cheers fellas.

I've got tactics being trained but think that might be a bit much for some part time footballers. Bit of route one in opening friendly saw a nice 5-0 victory... against a non league side. Real test will come when I play another North/East/West division club.

My star winger says the club doesn't share his ambition and won't sign a new contract... and he is significantly better than anyone else at the club. A better version of Fitz to give you some idea but can play both wings and up front in a pinch. Oh well.

Jets haven't won since last update and now in 10th spot. Only the managerless Roar are worse off.

This makes me want to do an extra save and start off managerless

Grimario
20-11-2019, 01:38 AM
It's always been one of my favourite ways to play.

I had a save back in 2012 or 2013 where I got a job with A.D.C. Ars et Labor Grottaglie (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.D.C._Ars_et_Labor_Grottagliea) after they were newly promoted to Serie C.

Took about 20-25 seasons but ended up winning Serie A and Champions League... sadly, not in the stadium they currently play in (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Stadio+Comunale+Atlantico+D'Amuri/@40.5268701,17.4388899,294m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x3f7e162e5cebb8d!8m2! 3d40.5271239!4d17.4391943).

Had an amazing winger who I think was called Mangini or something similar.

Grimario
20-11-2019, 01:47 AM
Bahahah... I thought I might have a pic or video of him scoring but turns out I had this on my PHOTOBUCKET of all places. What a terrible image host that turned out to be.

https://i.imgur.com/ok6O3Yo.png

Grimario
20-11-2019, 03:00 PM
Assyriska IF i Norrköping is a much, much better team.

Still playing route one football from a standard 442 and the occasional attempt at some passing football out of a 4231 against the bottom clubs. With a full pre-season and significantly better players, it's working wonders. Undefeated after 12 games with 31 goals scored. Despite scoring at almost 3 goals per game, the fans aren't happy with the style of football... delighted with results, thumbs down for entertainment and quality passing :( Slowly starting to win the players over too... apparently winning a lot helps with your reputation. Still struggling to keep inside the wage budget though... spending almost double the budget. That's the wage of my top 6 players. Then there's 6 absolute trash players I was stuck with whose combined total is £160 or so. The other 22 players that make up the entire squad, reserve and youth team are on £165 between them. Hopefully winning the title gets a tidy bump and I can keep some of the good players for next division up.

Jets almost surprisingly sacked Merrick after finishing 10th. Kevin Muscat is now the Jets coach.

Grimario
22-11-2019, 04:18 PM
Won the title, slight increase of wage budget to nearly £3000. Can't even get close to the wage budget now... even with a massive 42 player squad, I am only spending £1400. I only have 3 people earning more than £100 per week.

Board expectation changed from "sign young players" and "manage wage budget" to "play attacking", "play high tempo pressing" and "manage wage budget" with a top half of the table expectation. Undefeated in pre-season with 37 goals in 7 games. Pundits have me finishing 4th in the league so top half should hopefully be easily attainable.

I have picked up an Australian player... Aiden Harvey. Right fullback/winger and plays for Göteborgs Atlet-och Idrottssällskap in the real world. He's pretty terrible but fantastic standard for my team.

Jets are missing finals again. One game to play, 8th spot and 6 points adrift. Can't win the spoon though... Macarthur FC have a pitiful 13 points. Looks like Muscat is keeping the entire squad that underperformed... though Wes and Thompson are retiring and there are 4 loan players not likely to come back.

And 2-0 up in first game after promotion at HT, despite my left back getting a straight red 18 in. Hopefully doesn't fall to pieces.

Grimario
23-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Turns out the First Division Elite is where I am going to get smashed.

Won First Division South by 5 points. Only 4 losses the entire season, top scored with 73 goals from 30 games. My star striker (31 of those 73) who I picked up from a top division club after he was released refused to sign a new contract and is instead off to the Norwegian Superliga :(

There is something odd about Sweden though... it might be because it's never loaded when I play a Jets game, but a shit load of Australian players play here after two seasons. Must be because the reputation is lower so the fringe A-League players end up here.
Jamal Reiners (Glory) just left a club and joined me, Joe Caletti (Roar) is listed and currently in contract negotiations with me and another player I have never heard of (Luke Eyles - Dandenong?) was released and signed with me mid season. Next season, that will be both fullbacks, star midfielder and one of my strikers from Australia. If I could just find a decent keeper, that would be a solid Australian contingent.

The North Korean captain, Ri Myong-guk, is free at the moment and somehow interested in joining, so I may have a new GK anyway.
Nevermind, just realised he is 36. That doesn't fit my youth mantra.

Grimario
25-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Did not get Caletti. He wanted £550 a week and the most I can offer anyone is £375. Did end up with Aaron Reardon though... a current Roar player who made his real life A-League debut against the Jerks last season at Hunter Stadium in a 2-2 result.

Playing significantly better than projected. Tipped for relegation playoff spot, currently on the cusp of promotion playoff spot. Strike force pairing have 5 each with most of the assists coming from my DLP whose entire job is to get the ball then punt it long. Route One though appears to be losing its effectiveness the higher the quality goes up. Have been dabbling with more passing football but none of my players are good enough at it for it to work, so happy with upper mid table for this season.

Like how the new youth intake stuff works. Think it will be pretty sweet when I get a good youth set up.

Grimario
26-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Went on a 5 game winning streak in mid-season, hit top spot briefly before dropping back down to 4th after a string of losses. After a few transfers out of former star striker, winger and centre back who came up with me from the bottom divisions and a few significantly higher quality replacement players, I had a strong second half of the season, going 8-6-1 and sneaking into the playoff picture in the last few weeks. Could have secured automatic promotion but my final 3 games were LDW and finished one point behind 2nd. Have a two legged promotion playoff against a professional team from the top division... their top two player wages are more than my entire budget, so a humbling defeat isn't out of the question.

Also set an attendance record... 636!

Grimario
26-11-2019, 11:49 AM
Or not. They finished the season with 4 losses and a 3-4-8 final half. The entire squad has appalling morale, three of them already have transfers confirmed, star winger injured, two players suspended. 4-0 win. We're going up... unless we completely bottle the away leg.

Grimario
29-11-2019, 03:36 PM
At the mid-season break after 12 games. Sitting two wins clear of the relegation playoff spot... but such a crazy log jam that one win could put me into European spots. Apart from last place (on 4 points) and the top 3, there is only 8 points between everyone else.

Struggling financially, nearly £500k in debt. The move to Professional status and full time roster came with a big wage increase. £4k per week last season, £15k this season. Double the staff numbers, paying full time wages and increased quality means have gone from £20k per month to £50k. Whilst there is a big increase in income from TV revenue, it's only covering a portion of the cost increase. The big gap with other clubs appears to be attendance. The big clubs (AIK, Hammarby, Djurgardens) are all averaging 25k attendance... our biggest crowd was 1500, averaging 1100. Even if we start to sell out, the capacity is only 2500 so need to hope for a few years staying up to even think about developing that. Doesn't matter where I finish though, prize money is £900k+, so hopefully a few seasons of that and we will be good.

Interviewed for a job at Wuhan in China and have just got an Interview request for Hibs. That's a big step up, so let's see where that goes.

Grimario
02-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Went on a month long undefeated streak, grinding out ugly single goal margin wins and low scoring draws. Had a huge win in the cup against a lower division side somehow boost morale like crazy and then went on another decent run with 8 wins and 2 losses to sneak into the EURO Cup II spots. Held it together and gave qualified for that tournament which I had genuinely never heard of before. Nice payout for finishing that high, put me into the black. Got a £1.5m transfer budget but only spent 220k... wasn't really much value in the players interested in joining. Said goodbye bunch of players, including my Aussie pair of Joe Caletti and Jamal Reiners who both ended up at the same Finnish PL club.

Despite significant improvements to the squad, I am 1000/1 to win the title and 5/2 for relegation, clear favourite. It has to be based on reputation, not squad ability, because there is no way the squad I have now doesn't finish mid-table at the very least.

On the home front, Jerks are terrible and Muscat is favourite in the A-League sack race. Has been last almost the entire season but just pulled back into 11th after their hottest streak of the season, picking up a win and 3 draws in last 5 outings. Looking at the squad, it almost feels like Lee has cut finances even more than real life. Jackson, Millar, Petratos and the Hoff are the only real players in the starting line up... everyone else is a current youth player or newgen and and only one of them looks any good. The imports are an English forward (Kaiyne Woolery) who has one goal in 21 games, a Ghanain forward (George Ofosu) who has 1 goal in 9 games and a Portuguese goal keeper (Nuno Hidalgo) who is transfer listed.

I reckon I might go for the job when Muscat is sacked.

StannyCFCJET
02-12-2019, 07:11 PM
Im going to start a journeyman save. Keep failing with the Jerks. Any tactics or squad choice. We just get flogged and create nothing

Grimario
02-12-2019, 07:59 PM
Im going to start a journeyman save. Keep failing with the Jerks. Any tactics or squad choice. We just get flogged and create nothing

Ernie, Kevin and Stanny... you are in pretty good company.

StannyCFCJET
02-12-2019, 08:13 PM
Ernie, Kevin and Stanny... you are in pretty good company.

Just you wait till you manage em

StannyCFCJET
02-12-2019, 08:27 PM
Do you start with any badges?

Grimario
02-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Do you start with any badges?

Nope, nothing. Bottom possible attribute for everything. I think that means you start off with a maximum of 4 attribute points above 1 or something.

I just got my Continental C license in 2024. I don't know how it chooses to level you up as you progress but I now have 10+ for attack, defend, tactical, technical, mental, man management and motivating. Despite my characteristics being "signing younger/much younger/very young players" (club vision for first few seasons), I have Working with Youngsters of 1. Maybe that's why I won't get the Ukrainian U20 gig I applied for.

Wanderers and Victory have both sacked their coaches. Didn't realise it but Arnold retired last year and Gertjen Verbeek took over. It's not as weird as FIFA where Topor-Stanley played in goals in a friendly against Chile, but the squad has moved on a bit. Still plenty of recognised names but the starting line up has 3 regens in it already, including a couple of >£1m valued players who have already moved to Europe.

StannyCFCJET
03-12-2019, 12:44 AM
Started my journeyman save. Just been appointed coach of IFK HASSELHOLM in one of the Swedish second divisions called East Gotaland. We are semi pro and 11th out of 14 with 17 games gone. Im expected to avoid relegation. Had to place adverts for almost all staff roles and convince the club to allow physios for the 1st team and yoof sides.

Looking at the squad and we have no natural fullbacks and only two players who can play those roles, So that will be my first focus in the transfer window which hopefully opens soon as we are in late July but with a transfer budget of 0 and a wage budget of $45 a week ( What The ****) doubt anyone will come in. Tactics will have to be route one for now and we have also have 6 Wingers and only 1 Striker. What was the previous coach doing!

Grimario
03-12-2019, 01:55 AM
That's pretty much how I started out. GK 4xDC, 5xMC, 1xST. Could kind of almost play a weird stupid super narrow set up with it but it was ****ed.

And you get people in on non-contract... only pay them a match fee.

StannyCFCJET
03-12-2019, 02:16 AM
That's pretty much how I started out. GK 4xDC, 5xMC, 1xST. Could kind of almost play a weird stupid super narrow set up with it but it was ****ed.

And you get people in on non-contract... only pay them a match fee.

I didn't even know that was a thing. Only played two games so far both draws 1-1 and 2-2 shouldve won the second game. We struggle with crosses that switch the play

Grimario
03-12-2019, 12:20 PM
I didn't even know that was a thing. Only played two games so far both draws 1-1 and 2-2 shouldve won the second game. We struggle with crosses that switch the play

Yeah, it's pretty much how the semi-pro stuff runs. In Sweden, wasn't until the top division that I could even offer a FT contract. Was purely a mix of PT and NC.

StannyCFCJET
04-12-2019, 12:34 AM
Were in 12th place two games to go and one point off safety. Starting to play better but cant score and concede way too easily, Lack of proper fullbacks are killing us but Im not playing a back 3 with no wingbacks. My current record is 1 win 2 draws and 4 losses. Two of those losses I reckon we were the better team but just cant score. Hopefully team above slips up and we can jag a win

StannyCFCJET
04-12-2019, 01:23 AM
Came down to the last game of the season and we needed a win and the team above needed not to win. They were playing 4th place and we were and playing 13th place and we won 2-0 so SURVIVAL. Now to try and rebuild the squad

Grimario
04-12-2019, 02:18 PM
I had to go through the playoffs, I think... and I failed miserably there to get relegated. The whole non-contract thing makes it easy(ish) to get some okay players to get you out of the bottom.

Didn't get the Ukrainian U23 gig... but instead I am in charge of Singapore U19's.

New signings are all gelling well. Into the final of the Swedish Cup where I will face the team coming 11th in the league. Form in the league is somewhere between mixed and good. Had an unexpected 6-0 thrashing of the defending champs but also blew a 2-0 lead to lose 4-3 against a mid-table side.

The game ban every 3 yellows is rough, especially when you are a bit of a scrapping team who like to kick the shit out of opposition. I guess I can slowly start to move away from kicking lumps as the team improves, but bullying other sides is where I am winning the battle at the moment. Have been rewarded with a new 2.5 year contract extension, taking me up to the end of the 2026 year. 5k bonus for avoiding relegation, 5k bonus for reaching first knockout stage of EURO Cup II and a 40k bonus if I somehow win the thing. There's over £1m prize money for winning group stage games and another £3m prizes total if I go all the way. Highly unlikely since Roma are the defending champs... however the team that beat me 4-3 in the league is in this seasons final against Eintracht Frankfurt, so anything is possible.

StannyCFCJET
04-12-2019, 02:19 PM
How do you sign the non contract guys? every one I look at wants a weekly wage

Grimario
04-12-2019, 02:52 PM
It was mostly the 18-21yo that were keen on non-contract. Anyone older wanted part time with a wage.

I realised I have a player still playing in the top flight that joined me at the bottom. Alberto Catenacci... superstar.

StannyCFCJET
04-12-2019, 03:33 PM
My superstar is a Nigerian forward who scored 13 goals in the season. 6 goals for me I think, but he wants to leave 😭😭

Grimario
04-12-2019, 04:00 PM
My superstar is an Argentinian striker. His agent pimped him out, along with another guy on his books who was one year older. I tried to sign both but the other guys club wanted £700k for him. Regen guy only cost me £57k and has scored 14 in 18 this season.

Had another agent recommendation just now and have agreed a £21k fee for a guy my scouts rate as a 95/100 prospect. He looks perfect for a deep midfield role of some sort.

Grimario
05-12-2019, 12:51 AM
Might have made a bit of a blunder... sold a few of my fringe shitty players. With a few injuries, I may not have enough Home Grown players to play a game in the league.

My EURO Cup II squad is only 21 from a max of 25 because I have zero home grown CLUB players. And I got drawn in the EURO CUP II Best Placed - Second Qualifying Round against University Craiova, the club former Jerk and scum players Josh Mitchell and Josh Rose used to play for. 2-1 win on the home leg, hopefully can do enough in the away to get through.

Grimario
05-12-2019, 12:47 PM
My team must be away game specialists.

Won the return leg in Romania 3-0. Drew AEK Athens and lost 2-1 at home and went to Greece and won 3-1.

Have drawn FK Cukaricki Beograd from Serbia in the next round. On paper at least, this looks like the easiest of the games. There's not a single player valued over £1m and their wage budget looks to be less than mine.

Made a few last minute Swedish signings so have enough bodies to play the league. We're 3 off top spot but despite European commitments and playing the cup final, I have played one more game than the leaders. Can go even with them after next fixture when they come to my 2000 capacity (250 seat) stadium.

Grimario
05-12-2019, 04:20 PM
1-1 away, 3-1 home. We are into the group stage against KAA Gent, FC Kobenhavn and Legia Warszawa.

And bloody hell... £2.5m for making this stage. I thought winning games was where the money would be but just rocking up was the key.

Could win the league. The team that was first lost a EURO Cup qualifier, got smashed by me then lost 4 straight. Hi plague

And the club has made plans to build a new stadium. Apparently ground sharing a council ground with 500 seats isn't a good thing... 4400 seater stadium coming up.

Grimario
06-12-2019, 09:58 PM
4 games left in the league. Was 1 point clear of second but had a game in hand but they've now played 2 more than me and are 2 points clear. Shouldn't be an insurmountable gap if this wasn't the case...

https://i.imgur.com/q6gFxmO.png

All 4 of those games in a 7 day period. And then 5 days later I have to play against FC Kobenhavn who I just beat on the road to take top spot in Group H.

My team is knackered. They may die after this. There will definitely be injuries.

StannyCFCJET
06-12-2019, 11:33 PM
4 games left in the league. Was 1 point clear of second but had a game in hand but they've now played 2 more than me and are 2 points clear. Shouldn't be an insurmountable gap if this wasn't the case...

https://i.imgur.com/q6gFxmO.png

All 4 of those games in a 7 day period. And then 5 days later I have to play against FC Kobenhavn who I just beat on the road to take top spot in Group H.

My team is knackered. They may die after this. There will definitely be injuries.

WTF is that legal? or just FM BS?

goaliepersempre
06-12-2019, 11:44 PM

could be legal only concern is between the middle 2 games

goaliepersempre
06-12-2019, 11:47 PM
But if i can remember aarau once had wednesday friday monday Thursday then international break.

Grimario
07-12-2019, 01:16 AM

I have had heaps of games moved because of an all the way domestic cup run and EURO Cup II qualifiers starting at the second round... so 6 extra games plus the 3 extra from the first half of the group stage.

I guess they couldn't put them midweek during the season because of clashes with EURO Cup II games so they all just suddenly happen in the last week of the comp.

I called 5 of my loan players back, all Swedish, so hopefully I have enough bodies to get points in the middle two games against bottom of the table clubs.

Grimario
07-12-2019, 01:41 PM
First up win, second up draw, win in third game.

I am 15 GD ahead of second place and 69 points is already a Swedish Premier Division record.

My star midfield pairing is absolutely knackered but I managed to rest my star strike pairing who have 57 goals between them this season. \

Just had a team meeting before the match tomorrow and told them all we were expected to be relegated so doesn't matter if we fail to win the title at the last hurdle, it's still a hugely successful season. My GK was pretty annoyed with that, thinks we should be aiming to win but everyone else was like "well thank **** for that".

Grimario
07-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Nail biter. IFK Norrkoping went 1-0 up early on in their game and I couldn't finish. Looked like I was going to get FM'd when Djurgadens jagged one on the counter but a reckless challenge in the box got me a deserved penalty and snuck home with a 1-1 result to take the title.

Time to move countries, I think.

StannyCFCJET
09-12-2019, 12:17 PM
Back into FM after a busy weekend and my star man has decided to stay and accept a new contract after no-one was interested. Expecting 15+ goals from him this year

Grimario
09-12-2019, 12:26 PM
The Melbourne City job came up but didn't really tickle my fancy. I think I might hang around one more year, try and win the Euro Cup II, see how I can go in Champions Cup when it opens mid-season.

Have had a relatively quiet off season.

Signed my on loan left winger permanently when his deal expires, but he's back to Red Star for a few months before he returns.
Offloaded Jamal Reiners and a versatile central def/mid to a team in Finland and finally said farewell to my centre back that's been around since I started the climb. He's not cut out for top division so can go back to starring in the one below.
Loaned out my only decent youth player and a third choice DL who has refused a transfer for a while.

Other signings include a South Korean international GK, a regen striker to add some depth and a Danish youth international centre back to replace the other loan signing I had from Red Star who decided to sign for Panathinaikos instead of us. I have a bid out for a versatile either sided fullback and have two other <20yo players coming in at the end of their contracts in July.

Beat Vit. Guimarães in the 1st Knockout stage but have a tough ask against Lokomotiv Moscow who have a dozen players earning more than my entire squad combined.

Grimario
09-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Beat Lokomotiv Moscow 3-2 on aggregate but Brondby IF was just too good. They have two regens who tore me to shreds. Winger with 18 pace, striker with 16 pace and 18 finishing. Lost 5-2 on aggregate.
Didn't help that my star striker tore his hamstring and the back up striker I got in during the transfer window couldn't be registered for the Euro squad :(

Got the versatile fullback in and turns out he is significantly better than my starting fullback with bags of potential too.
Got offered another Korean international, this one a regen youth centre back, and he cost peanuts, despite being much better than both my starters. His regen face looks more like Shannon Noll than a Korean kid though.
Also picked up a Nigerian youth international from a rival on deadline day. They let him go for £12k after he refused to sign a new contract and is valued at over £100k, so felt like a silly thing to pass up. He covers both wings and all three midfield rows in the middle of the park, so good versatility.

Still a bit light on Swedish players... only have 12 in my entire squad, so a few injuries could see me struggle at squad requirements. Might see if I can pick up a few free transfers to fill the reserves squad up.

Grimario
09-12-2019, 09:49 PM
Start to the league season and I have been FM'd twice already.

21 shots to 5 against IK Sirius... 2-2.
22 shots to 11 against Malmo FF... 2-1 loss.

Really missing my Argentine. He's more than 50% on target and a 1 goal in 6 shots kinda guy.... and he averages just over 6 shots per game. He is still out for another 6-8 weeks (ha) and I might be out of a job by then if I maintain this same terrible form.

Reckon I am done for. Currently losing 2-0. Conceded the opening goal off my GK's head after it ricocheted off the post. 18 shots to 6. 19th shot goal, woo. But finished 2-1, 22 shots to 9.

Grimario
10-12-2019, 10:54 AM
Panicked a bit early, apparently. After my 5 game 0-2-3 stretch, I have gone 7-1-0. Don't know if it was just a slow bedding in of new players into my tactics or being un-FM'd, but my Norwegian back up striker has found his shooting boots and knocked in 5 from 8 games.
It's my Swedish striker that's the real problem. He scored 17 in 27 league games last year and has only managed 1 in 12 so far this season. He might be the one that drops back to the bench when my Argie bloke returns.

Grimario
11-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Star player gone. Real San Sebastian, the FM non-real name for Real Sociedad, came in with a £1.8m offer which was his minimum fee release clause. His replacement is a decent but not quite as good French midfielder that I picked up for £15k in the last window, so hopefully that works out :(

I also forgot to mention that I picked up the Singapore job. The previous manager resigned after four losses in a row.

4-1 victory my first game against Brunei in the Asian Cup qualifers. Have Philippines and Palestine as the other teams in the group so getting to the next phase will be a struggle.

goaliepersempre
11-12-2019, 07:15 PM
you guys running FM20 yeah?

im still on FM18 (the copy I got from you Grimario)

Wondering if my laptop will be able to run it? - FM18 runs well just dont have the hugest database loaded etc. Sometimes loading takes a while but yeah.

StannyCFCJET
11-12-2019, 07:20 PM
you guys running FM20 yeah?

im still on FM18 (the copy I got from you Grimario)

Wondering if my laptop will be able to run it? - FM18 runs well just dont have the hugest database loaded etc. Sometimes loading takes a while but yeah.

I would assume so but I haven't run FM on a laptop in ages. I play on 2d anyway haha

Grimario
11-12-2019, 07:21 PM
Yeah, running FM20. I went big on PC upgrade a year and a while back and runs wonderfully on full database with every single league loaded. I haven't given it a whirl on my laptop yet but would imagine it would be pretty slow. FM19 with just Australian players and leagues loaded was pretty taxing on it.

I was just talking to my brother about your game the other day... how I never win anything online apart from stuff I already have. Then literally the next day, I won a computer.

StannyCFCJET
11-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Yeah, running FM20. I went big on PC upgrade a year and a while back and runs wonderfully on full database with every single league loaded. I haven't given it a whirl on my laptop yet but would imagine it would be pretty slow. FM19 with just Australian players and leagues loaded was pretty taxing on it.

I was just talking to my brother about your game the other day... how I never win anything online apart from stuff I already have. Then literally the next day, I won a computer.

How do you win a computer?

Grimario
11-12-2019, 08:12 PM
How do you win a computer?

You enter a competition.

goaliepersempre
11-12-2019, 08:20 PM
aww ok - then i might just stay with FM18. - its no gaming laptop, so would daresay would be to slow.

Grimario
11-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Not a bad season.

Didn't make the Champions League after drawing Red Bull Salzburg in the qualifiers. Surprisingly got through the Europa League qualifiers against Dinamo Zagreb... however dead last beckons in the group stage as FC Sion, PSV and Norwich are all WAY better than my club. Best result so far was a respectable draw against PSV but 2-1 losses to the other sides so far. Bottom at the halfway point :(

Lost at home in the Swedish Cup final to the team in 10th in the league. Beat them the very next fixture in the league.
League was good. Wrapped up with two games to spare. Replacement Frenchy guy has done well.. 4 goals and 2 assists from midfield in his 11 games since my Serbian superstar left. Poor bloke has less than 13 minutes of football since his big money move.
My Argie came back from injury and wasn't as amazing as I was hoping he would be. 5 goals in 14 is a long way short of the 24 in 28 he got last season.
My right winger picked up a bit of the slack though... 9 goals in 22. The left winger I signed from Red Star was pretty hot when he arrived as well... 4 goals, 9 assists in his 10 games.
The real break out star up front though was my former third choice striker who came in for my second choice Swedish striker after he had a long stretch out with a hernia and pulled calf muscle back to back. French striker scored 10 in 15 and more than made up for the others slacking off.

Club has set budget for next season at £75k per week and £5.5m transfer kitty. That's a tidy 25k increase available. Throw in the club building a new stadium, improving youth facilities and increasing youth catchment area, they are going to be well set up for the long term.

But I am going to leave... hopefully after they name the stadium after me. There's a bunch of Italian Serie C jobs available, one Spanish Segunda Division B but no Vanarama North/South ones available at the moment. I think I am only interested in a major rebuild from bottom up, so those are my preferences before joining the Jets in 2040 or something.

Grimario
11-12-2019, 10:28 PM
Every year, brand new pitch is laid the same day as we play our last game. No idea why.

StannyCFCJET
11-12-2019, 10:59 PM
Every year, brand new pitch is laid the same day as we play our last game. No idea why.

How can you tell when a new pitch is laid? Unless you mean the inbox that talks about pitch size

Grimario
11-12-2019, 11:10 PM
How can you tell when a new pitch is laid? Unless you mean the inbox that talks about pitch size

https://i.imgur.com/AI8pE2P.png

Grimario
11-12-2019, 11:11 PM
I assume it's a time of year thing, maybe? Though not sure why 1st November is a good time to lay grass in Sweden.

goaliepersempre
11-12-2019, 11:21 PM
I assume it's a time of year thing, maybe? Though not sure why 1st November is a good time to lay grass in Sweden.

wouldnt be doing that here, and im in Switzerland haha.

goaliepersempre
11-12-2019, 11:21 PM
havent moved to artificial turf yet?

StannyCFCJET
12-12-2019, 12:01 AM

I've never seen that message

Grimario
12-12-2019, 12:14 AM
I've never seen that message

I get it every single year... legitimately last game of the season, the pitch is relaid message.

https://www.google.com/maps/@58.565172,16.2048825,807m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en-US

Grimario
12-12-2019, 12:16 AM
wouldnt be doing that here, and im in Switzerland haha.
Yeah, winter just around the corner... seems like a terrible time to relay the pitch.

havent moved to artificial turf yet?
I have a new stadium being built. Club doesn't own the one we are in... just a little local community park, similar to Jack McLaughlan Oval

Grimario
12-12-2019, 01:26 PM
How ruthless is everyone with player cutting? I've had money to spend so have been a bit heavy on recruitment... squad is now 40ish players. And this post might be more me justifying my squad cutting...

3 are definitely off. The goalkeeper and left back that saw me through the second divison and first division survival.... and an Estonian Swedish striker who I picked up on a free for squad depth. He's played less than 20 times for 3 goals but just isn't good enough to even hang around for depth.

GK wise, I think I am good. I have my South Korean international as a starter, a great Swedish prospect (and important +1 to HG) as bench and then an Italian prospect in the reserves. Picked him up from Fiorentina on a free so hopefully the two youngsters can develop into starters with some cup games.

Defenders is where the squad feels thinnest in terms of quality but thickest in terms of quantity.
My starting centre backs are fantastic but neither are Swedish. I have 4 Swedish back ups (3 multi position) and then a Canadian and Serbian who aren't HG. The Canadian will be if he develops as I have had him since he turned 18 so will qualify in 2 and a bit years. Trying to offload the plain old DC if I can and likely the Iraqi Swede DC/DMC as he is earning almost as much as my starters despite being fourth choice at best.
I have one right back and he's easily the worst starter in the team. He is Canadian but Swedish HG so that helps but he's really not great. Two of the DC's can play RB so they are good back up options and my starting DL can also play there... but I very much need a quality starter and preferably Swedish.
At left back, I have two players really close to starting quality so might make sense to offload the American who is on a much higher wage. The only downside might be that he has been at the club so long he is a Highly Influential player so offloading him might upset the apple cart. I also have a young Swedish DL as back up, so having 3 capable doesn't make much sense.

In the middle of the park, I must have gone crazy with signings or picking up freebies. I have 7 players capable of playing DM... which seems excessive for two spots, especially when 3 of my defenders can slot in there as well. I have a Greek youth international that's probably the current worst of them but also highest looking potential, so hopefully I can farm him out to a lower league club and maintain a push for Swedish HGN. My current starters are a Macedonian international (Swedish born) who is wanted by two promotion pushing Serie B clubs. He's also the oldest, the least potential and on the highest wages... but he is also the captain, the most influential player in the squad and fan favored personnel. I also have a pair of other youngsters, one French and the other Slovenian, but both too old to get HG status. Frenchie is much more of a defensive midfielder (Kanta) where my Macedonian is more Ugarkovic... but that might work next to the Nigerian who is even more suited to an attacking role than the Macedonian. The Slovenian will get cut or sent out on loan (along with a fringe Swedish player) and leave me with one Swedish prospect and my versatile defenders to back up.
When I play with an MC instead of two DM's, the Nigerian and Swedish prospect are both natural there but the hottest prospect is an English regen I got on a free from Burnley. My back up left winger and THREE of my back up strikers can also play there in a pinch.

Right wing is set. Have an absolute superstar Swede who was last year's big signing and he is capably backed up by a Norwegian youngster that will become HG in the middle of next season. Nigerian midfielder and one of my Swedish bench strikers can also back up there. I have a winger that's been with me since my first year in the top flight that I will look to sell.
Left wing is similarly sorted. Serbian superstar with Swedish back up.

Up front... what the hell have I done. I have three phenomenal players that can start... none of them Swedish. I have a fourth coming in because my scouts said "sign him whatever the price"... so a potential Brazilian superstar on his way who can also play MC and AMC. My latest purchase was another "whatever the price" signing of a regen from WSW who my scouts spotting at an Asian Cup game. 21yo, 3 goals in 7 starts for the Socceroos. Throw in the Argie and Frenchie who closed out the season as my starters and I am well packed with strikers. And that's before I get to club icon who spent a large chunk of the season injured or the 4 amazing youngsters I now have to farm out on loan. My bench is going to be two superstars and I am going to have to offload an icon, I think.

Cool. Buy a right back, sell two club icons and a captain. Shouldn't be too disruptive.

edit - So... despite what I said above, looks like I am buying a midfielder. A French youth international, from PSG. For peanuts. First 100 scouted player - Adil Aouchiche is coming to Sweden.
Got a gun RB too. Fills the home grown requirement, can double as a DC if needed.

edit #2 - Right wing might be a problem. BSU in China and Citadella in Serie B have met his £1m release clause. I tried offering him a new contract but he wants a near 600% increase so I've told him to **** off.

Grimario
12-12-2019, 03:56 PM
My Europa League campaign is over... 6 weeks after the league season finished, we are still slugging away with 3 games in Europe after everyone else has gone home.

Was expected to be competitive and I think I did just that despite not winning a game.

2-2 PSV (18 shots to 8)
1-2 @ Norwich (11 to 15)
1-2 Sion (17 to 12)
1-1 @ Sion (19 to 12)
0-1 @ PSV (13 to 18)
1-2 Norwich (21 to 11)

Really, apart from the away trips to PSV and Norwich, I could and maybe should have won 4 of them.

StannyCFCJET
13-12-2019, 06:07 PM
Being allowed 5 subs in Sweden is weird

Grimario
13-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Wow... I never realised that when I was there. It's only bottom division.

StannyCFCJET
13-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Wow... I never realised that when I was there. It's only bottom division.

Yeah I'm in some second divison

goaliepersempre
13-12-2019, 07:55 PM
real life - switzerland/not sweden has in the Challenge League (2nd division) 4 changes. Takes getting used too.

My aarau team at the moment in FM18 - year 2022 has a problem with playing really good against the top teams and just fail to score against the bottom.. frustrating.

Grimario
13-12-2019, 08:12 PM
I think the squad I have assembled is too good.

4 games in, 4 wins, 14 scored and just 1 conceded. The Australian striker I signed from WSW has scored 9 in 9 (including cup), Aouchiche has 4 goals and 6 assists and my wingers have 6 goals and 8 assists between them.

I think I am going to go for Vanarama North/South but hesitant to leave before I get a second stab at Champions League. If I wait though, I get a team mid-season with no hope of squad building myself.

Grimario
14-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Looks like I might have a mid-season rebuild on my hands...

https://i.imgur.com/0eEAA1D.png

My centre backs are worth £2.5m combined, winger £1.5m, striker £1.1m and def mid £900k. I would be open to selling the striker for his release clause (£2) as I have 4 players worth a starting spot alongside my Aussie. I have a capable left winger waiting for a start, so would be okay with starter leaving as well. I don't have any quality back up at centre back but if I got £5-6m from the sale of everyone else, I am sure I could find a Swede or two to start for me.

7 games in now, dropped first points with an away draw at IFK Goteborg. Aouchiche has scored in 6 straight games and got an assist in half of them. Cheat player at this level.

Up against one of the recently promoted teams next, so might be a good opportunity to rotate a few of my squad players in for a run.

Grimario
15-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Another Swedish Cup to the trophy cabinet. Always good games because there's no HG player requirement so my South African regen got to come on late and score his first goal for the club.

My Korean centre back and Aussie striker are both away at the World Cup so they missed the last game before the mid-season break and estimated won't be back till mid July. Fortunately, the game was against a team fighting relegation so was a comfortable win. My South African should have filled his boots with 8 shots but only got 3 on target. Aouchiche carried the team (again) to keep us still undefeated in the league (11-3-0). Tied on points with AIK who are 11-0-2, one clear of Malmo (10-2-1) and two ahead of IFK Norrkoping (10-1-2). Next best is 12 behind fourth.

American left back is off to BATE who put a £275k bid in for my third choice left back. Kind of hoping the Korean leaves as well so I can bring a Swede in.

Grimario
16-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Starting left back might be off after Ferenvaros came in with a £1.1m bid for him. That's too good to turn down at his level. Means my young Swedish left back can get a shot at making the job his before I look at the transfer market.

Gertjan Verbeek has masterminded Australia to second place at the World Cup... group stage. Dominant 3-1 win over Venezuela but humbling defeat to Spain... but the whole group of 3 thing worked for him. Lost to Russia in the second round. Barely even in the game.

Hopefully he gets the sack and I can lead them to mediocrity.

StannyCFCJET
17-12-2019, 11:46 AM
Second season 18 games in. 7 wins 8 draws and 3 losses and we sit in 4th. Miles better then I thought we would do. However we struggle to score more then 1 a game, the same goes for conceding but. Unfortunately my star striker has 3 goals in 18 games after 13 in 26 the year before and my best Midfielder is upset I sold a good player who wanted to leave and wont stop crying, May have to sell him in the off season, Unless I decide to move on to a new country.

Grimario
18-12-2019, 08:16 AM
Hopefully he gets the sack and I can lead them to mediocrity.

Well... that didn't happen. Instead, Italy offered me the top job. No interview, just straight up job offer.

I don't know if I want it though... will have to think about it whilst I am at work.

Grimario
18-12-2019, 08:22 PM
Decided I wanted to play with Singapore at the Asian Nations Cup. After I knock Australia out there, I can take over that gig.

Grimario
18-12-2019, 10:25 PM
Have drawn RB Salzburg in CL Qualifiers again. FFS.

StannyCFCJET
18-12-2019, 10:39 PM
Season over for me finished 6th. No promotion playoffs. Trying to move to a different country or higher league. But in the meantime clearing out all the shit deadwood or over played dross

goaliepersempre
19-12-2019, 01:25 AM
Have drawn RB Salzburg in CL Qualifiers again. FFS.

who?

Grimario
19-12-2019, 08:16 AM
who?

FC Red Bull Salzburg. Bloody Austrians.

My next game up when I get home tonight.

goaliepersempre
19-12-2019, 06:49 PM
FC Red Bull Salzburg. Bloody Austrians.

My next game up when I get home tonight.

Again Who..... They dont exist. :whistling:

In salzburg only the Austria.....

Grimario
19-12-2019, 07:07 PM
Ahahah... would have been funny if I had got that :(

goaliepersempre
19-12-2019, 07:43 PM
sorry my personal gripe - scheiss redbull...

mates came visited us in Aarau for the weekend from Austria Salzburg.

Grimario
19-12-2019, 07:53 PM
Well, you will be happy to know I beat them 2-0 at some stadium in Norrkoping that wasn't my home one... it only has space for 2000 and only 250 seats.

Have to squeeze in a weekend league game and then travel to Salzburg to finish the job during the week.

goaliepersempre
19-12-2019, 08:42 PM
haha nice

Grimario
19-12-2019, 10:51 PM
Destroyed the ****ers away. 27 shots to 8. Complete reversal of the home leg where they dominated me but didn't score. Won 2-1, 4-1 on aggregate.

Rosenborg I think is the last obstacle to actual Champions League... and their squad looks trash compared to that other team that doesn't exist.

Grimario
20-12-2019, 07:27 PM
I am 7-1 up at HT in the second game, so I think I am in CL proper. Rosenborg are proper shit.

Club Brugge came in with a £7.5m offer for my left winger. He turned them down :( Apparently he loves me and the club and doesn't want to part.

StannyCFCJET
20-12-2019, 07:31 PM
I am 7-1 up at HT in the second game, so I think I am in CL proper. Rosenborg are proper shit.

Club Brugge came in with a £7.5m offer for my left winger. He turned them down :( Apparently he loves me and the club and doesn't want to part.

Your killing it mate. Im trying to leave my club but no one wants to hire someone who has never gotten a club promoted. So I'll have to do that first

Grimario
20-12-2019, 08:48 PM
Your killing it mate. Im trying to leave my club but no one wants to hire someone who has never gotten a club promoted. So I'll have to do that first

It's just a reputation thing. Get a promotion and you can start sniffing at slightly better leagues. Get a few more promotions and you will have League One or higher level coming for ya.

Just got £13.5m for qualifying. Board used the money to pay for the stadium and nada for transfers. Going to have to make do.

StannyCFCJET
20-12-2019, 08:50 PM
It's just a reputation thing. Get a promotion and you can start sniffing at slightly better leagues. Get a few more promotions and you will have League One or higher level coming for ya.

Just got £13.5m for qualifying. Board used the money to pay for the stadium and nada for transfers. Going to have to make do.

Sounds like Arsenal haha

Grimario
20-12-2019, 09:40 PM
Celtic, Red Bull Leipzig and Spurs. Well, UEFA should be fun.

Grimario
20-12-2019, 10:04 PM
FC Basel have come in with a near release clause bid for Aouchiche... and his agent feedback is "he has no interest in joining FC Basel". They then came back with a release clause bid and he told them to get stuffed. Excellent
Likewise, my star regen striker (not the Aussie) has VfB Stuttgart making bids his way but he has no interest in joining them either. They have rejected my £10m evaluation of him so hopefully they are gone.

Nope, never mind. They came in again for £3.8m and rejected again.
My right fullback had Empoli offering £350k per month to LOAN him.... then buying him for £1 at the end of the loan period. That seems like a poor deal.

And finally, a transfer I want... my 4th choice DM/MC is off to Odd on loan for 100% of his wage.

Grimario
22-12-2019, 02:22 PM
Walked the league comfortably, winning with 4 games to spare. Broke season points tally, scored 88 goals in 30 games to set goals scored record. Definitely need to move though I really want the stadium named after me... which might happen having just been confirmed as a CLUB LEGEND. Stadium is due to be complete in 5 weeks game time.

Celtic, Red Bull Leipzig and Spurs. Well, UEFA should be fun.

Going better than I thought it would. Thrashed Celtic in Scotland, had a draw against RB Leipzig, conceding a last minute goal, and was competitive against Spurs until my S. Korean centre back thought a knee high tackle through Tanguy Ndombele would be a good move. Ended up losing 4-1... and expecting a similar when I travel to London next game. Bummed that third place doesn't end up in the next cup down as it looks likely that I will finish third. Kane is currently tearing me apart whilst I write this post - currently down 2-1 at HT. For some reason, they are kicking lumps out of me instead of just being much better footballers. They're also doing the football thing much better with nearly 60% possession and double the shots at goal. Aouchiche scored the goal for us after a tackle on my striker went right to him.

Have £12m in transfer budget and £130k per week available to spend... but can't find the right players to fill the squad. I really want to sign the Brazilian DL I have on loan but they want £17.75m and he is also on £19k per week which is double my highest earning player.

- My Swedish keeper is growing into gun and might even start pushing for the starting gig next year as my Korean hits 34 years old. Have to decide if I offload the old bloke in favour of the kid and get someone even younger and Swedish as back up. That would solve 2 of 9 Swedish requirements.
- Right back is sorted... David Ngoma is fantastic. Canadian Swede, Jake Weisbrod, seems happy enough being back up and can cover right and left sides, so that might be the way to go there unless I can find a decent youth. I finally got a half decent intake and the right back/mid isn't awful, so maybe he is a longer term prospect.
- Centre backs are good but both foreign. The Korean is wanted by Serie A sides, so maybe £7m will see him bought out. I suspect my Dane will be here next season despite having lots of interest earlier in the year. He suffered an ankle injury that saw him miss 4 months so hasn't even feature in Champions League. No one is interested in him now but he is definitely the one I would prefer to sell. 4 years older, not as good... and I am sure I could replace him with a Swedish player.
- Left back I still have the Norwegian as back up (and can cover both sides) but I am going to miss the Brazilian. He's a dribbling machine down the left, amazing tackler and passer and links perfectly with my Serbian winger. Probably easily replaced but he's a fan favourite after just half a season.
- My young French DMC is developing into a better player than my Macedonian/Swedish DMC, so looking more likely to need to find Swedes to take the other line up spots. The best Swedish DL is in the Milan youth set up, earning way more than I can pay and nowhere near good enough for them... but he has no interest in playing for me.
- Right winger is also nailed on. Brazilian youth poached by a Swedish club at a young age so counts as HGN. Him and Ngoma are a great pairing. I don't really have a proper back up but Victor Dawa is Mr Versatile and covers DMC, MR and MC when needed, so that might do. The Norwegian that I picked up years ago is now HGN but just hasn't developed as I had hoped, so he is off in a few weeks.
- Aouchiche is amazing in midfield. Going to be the player of the year in the league, averaging 7.97 with 19 goals and 14 assists in all competitions. Dawa deputises here as well along with my Swedish back up left winger and a few regens that are okay but not spectacular.
- Left wing I have an abundance of players. My Serbian regen is the highest valued of all my players and is an absolute gun for this level. 13-15 for all the Winger relevant attributes. The other real Serbian (Mitar Ergelas) is an almost carbon copy of the regen but with 10-14 for all those attributes. He's actually better technically and mentally but physically, he's not as good. The more I look at him, the more I think I could retrain him as a left back and not have to worry about signing anyone. Also have a Swedish squadie that covers here and MC.
- Up front, Frenchie and Aussie regens are still going great. French bloke has 22 in 28 and Aussie has 15 in 29. My young uns have 3 in 6, 5 in 7 and 4 in 7, mostly in cup and bench efforts whilst previous seasons Argie legend has been disappointing with just 2 goals in 14. He is wanted by Valenciennes and 1860 Munchen, so hopefully he will be off in the window.

Kane has his hat trick thanks to a VAR awarded penalty. Sucks just like in the real world.

I have the South East Asian Championships coming up with Singapore now as well. Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia... and I expect to smash them all. Sadly, the squad rules mean I can't play anyone not based in SEA, so my star player, Perry Ng, who is at Leicester in game, won't be carrying the team on his shoulders.

Aouchiche grabs a brace after my Frenchie striker sets him up beautifully before getting smashed in a tackle by Jason Denayer. Yay for advantage. Well, there goes any hope I had. Brazilian left back has been sent off and I had to replace my injured Frenchie with my last sub, so last 17 minutes are a man down.
Victor Osmihen seals it for them, 4-2. Well, maybe South African regen that came on for Frenchie pulls one back. And nope, Dele Alli makes it 5-3 at full time. Good game though, not embarrassed and again competitive till the red card.

Same again with RB Leipzig. Competitive, even almost dominant till centre back gets sent off. Was 1-1, lost 3-1.
Going to smash Celtic in the final game.

Topped the group in SEA Cup. Massive win against Philppines and Vietnam, 2-1 over Indonesia and a draw with Thailand. Drew Myanmar in the semi final and smashed them 4-0 in the first leg away, so looking like I meet Indonesia again in the final. Hoping to win my first cup internationally before I head to the Asian Cup and get murdered by Australia, Kuwait and Syria. Tough group.

Hopefully there's an interesting news item about me being an Australian manager against my home country.

R Ramjet
24-12-2019, 04:55 PM
are the jets and the a-league worth having a go at on fm20 ? I had fm16 and we wern't too bad

StannyCFCJET
24-12-2019, 04:58 PM
are the jets and the a-league worth having a go at on fm20 ? I had fm16 and we wern't too bad

Hard work but fun if you can succed

Grimario
24-12-2019, 05:38 PM

I would recommend binning the A League unless you get a custom mod for Pro Rel and major league expansion.

StannyCFCJET
29-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Finished third season. Won the league and got promoted. My top striker got 20 goals. However I've quit as I'm over this team and Sweden and want a new challenge

Grimario
29-12-2019, 09:16 PM
I'm not going to sign a new contract. I'm about as good as I can possibly get the team, have slowly built up a decent youth set up and nearing a 10k seater stadium. The club's in a really good spot so I'm happy to move on.

Grimario
01-01-2020, 12:06 AM
Just hit the July transfer window in 2027.

- The Swedish GK pushed his way into the starting spot midway through the first half of the season and my Korean was still highly valued so managed to cash in on him with Braga forking out £750k on a 34yo. Tidy business. Have no decent back up with all my youth prospects being pretty shit, but at least I don't take up a foreign spot in the squad for either of them.
- Right back gun is still a gun. Sold the Canadian guy when a club in Iceland offered £110k. Either sided Norwegian is still an excellent back up but hasn't had a sniff at a starting spot on left or right.
- Left side I decided to splash some of my transfer kitty. Swedish youth international was at Milan. I declared interest, put in a miserly bid, got rejected. Unsettled him. Went and watched a few games. Got my youth GK to tell him how good he would be for the club. Handed in a transfer request, got him for only £7m, significantly less than Milan were asking. Suckers. He's gone on to get two caps so far and is close to my best overall player.
- Korean and Danish DC's still at club with neither being bid on. I picked up a French centre back from the 2nd Division in France and he has turned out to be an absolute steal. Brandon Soppy... 17 years old IRL, plays for the French U17 squad and is apparently a target for Wolves. Wish he was Swedish as he takes up a spot just like they do but was a great bargain and is pushing for a starting spot too. Managed to cash in on a bunch of the not so good back ups. The Serb went to Rosenborg for £250k, one of the Swedes went to Portugal for £275k and the other dropped to the Dutch second division for £30k. I replaced them with Soppy (£105k) and a highly rated 17yo Swede from Helsingborg for £650k.
- I've kind of moved on from playing a DM as my squad is strong enough top to bottom to walk the league... but my Macedonian Swede has dropped down to second choice behind the French regen if I ever need to play that way in Europe. I picked up a 91 scouted DM from Zurich for £850k and he is going to end up as HGN in a few years and can play MC if needed. He's off to FC Thun on loan so hopefully come back much improved.
- Right wing was my Brazil Swedish regen, still tearing shit up. Averaging 7.58, 6 goals, 5 assists in 19 games... and then Shenzen came in and offered him lots and lots of money. Sold for £6m up front, £1.5m over 12 months and 50% of any future fee. They are paying him £61k a week so I was never going to compete with that. I have a ready made replacement in a French regen winger/striker that I got in on loan on deadline day earlier in the year and he now frees up a striking spot. I also picked up an Albanian Swedish regen from Osters IF for £200k. He'd just turned 17, so hoping he can grow a little and provide an option on the right.
- Auochiche is bossing the league. Averaging 8.01, he's the guy that makes the entire squad tick. Playing him now as a creative mid alongside Victor Dawa who is the engine as box to box. The Macedonian backs them both up and Brazilian sits behind them in the pecking order again because of the Fgn squad rules.
- Serbian left winger still plays ahead of my other Serbian left winger. Also picked up a youth Swedish winger from a lower division club - IF Brommapojkarna - and he looks my brightest HGN prospect by far.
- Up front was all sorted. French Regen and Aussie Regen. Right and Left combo. And then Bordeaux came in with a big offer and he demanded to speak to them. £5m up front, £2.5m over 3 years and 30% of next fee. Board was ecstatic, fans were devastated... so I went and found the best South American prospect, a 97 rated striker, and lumped £11.75m on him. Except I didn't factor in that he wasn't 18 yet, so he only JUST arrived in the July window. I picked up the French winger/striker on loan as a bit of a deadline day desperation and signed the highest rated free transfer Swedish striker available. All of this whilst completely forgetting that the young Egyptian and South African kids would soon be getting their HGN status as well. The Argie hero from a few seasons was never close to even fifth choice so he left for a low fee but 50% of next fee clause. And all of this was not enough to placate my board who put in a "sigh high profile players" requirement that I completely missed.

I've picked up a versatile Swedish MC/ST as well but the real big signing of January, apart from the Brazilian striker, is a Swedish real life youth international, Jack Lahne. In game, he turned out pretty amazing but the French side he was with got relegated, so I snapped him up on a very cheap £3.6m. The Brazilian is labelled the NEXT RONALDO and Lahne is considered a "national hero", so I've managed to meet the high profile requirement without meaning to. I have a crazy abundance of strikers but Aussie will be off with Borussia, Guanzhou, Rangers and Roma all lumping £7.5m + 50% for his services, so he will go to one of them. Swedish hero and Ronaldo up front seems like a pretty decent replacement.

I had a solid performance with Singapore at the Asian Cup. Beat Kuwait (2-0) and Syria (3-0) and held Australia to only a 2-1 victory, enough to see me through. Destroyed North Korea 6-0 but Iran was far too strong for me, knocking me out 3-1 in the QF. They beat Australia in the SF and went on to beat South Korea in the final. Would have thought only SF would be enough to see Gertjan Verbeek get the flick but he still has the job which I was hoping to take. Didn't matter though as I was shortly after poached by Colombia, world #10. I haven't had a competitive fixture yet but have taken care of Morocco (8-0) and South Korea (7-2) so far. Some good tests coming up against Spain and Holland in the September international break.

Grimario
01-01-2020, 10:33 AM
I have a crazy abundance of strikers but Aussie will be off with Borussia, Guanzhou, Rangers and Roma all lumping £7.5m + 50% for his services, so he will go to one of them. Swedish hero and Ronaldo up front seems like a pretty decent replacement.

Worried I might be selling an absolute gun (whose finishing is only 8...) because Norwich, Olympique Lyonnaise, Wolves and Sporting Lisbon have all come in with £11m + 50% offers.

And to make matters worse, Swedish Hero just sprained his knee, 4-6 weeks out and the new Ronaldo who came on to replace him in the game strained his groin, 3 weeks.

Grimario
05-01-2020, 07:53 PM
He's scored 3 in 21 for Wolves, so maybe not up to the level.

Ended up walking the league comfortably. Invincible season, 28-2-0. Finished last in Champs League group with Liverpool, Porto and Leverkusen as opponents. Did manage to win against Porto and Leverkusen at home but 4 losses, including a pair of 4 goal conceded thumpings against Liverpool meant no 3rd placed Europa for me.
The New Ronaldo was pretty good... 13 in 22. French loan guy signed on for a second year loan extension after scoring 16 in 36 and Swedish Hero was pretty solid with 11 in 22 with 7 assists thrown in.

But that was enough. Never going to big enough to win CL or even Europa so with contract coming to an end, I started looking for jobs.
The Jets sacked Kevin Muscat which I thought was perfect timing but I applied and was told that assistant manager, Mitch Nichols, was going to be given a chance to prove he was good enough to take the gig.
So I thought I would move to England and accepted a job at Altrincham in the Vanarama North. The squad is shit, there is no budget, the youth set up is atrocious... so a perfect challlenge. My first three games in charge include conceding a last minute equaliser, scoring a last minute equaliser and a 3-0 flogging of Hartlepool, despite my left back getting a very early red.

Patrick Kluivert has taken over at my old club and already looks like he is slashing and burning. Serbian back up left winger, French centre back, Danish centre back and 3 or 4 of the other squad players are all transfer listed.

Grimario
06-01-2020, 11:03 PM
Danish CB off to Molde, Swedish Wonderkid LB off to Arsenal, Swedish star RB off to Bournemouth, French CB off to some Ligue 1 side.

Kluivert is destroying the side :(

Signed marginally better centre back, right winger, midfielder and striker at Altrincham. Hopefully they can get up to speed quick smart and we can get out of this bottom half doldrums.

Grimario
12-01-2020, 10:53 AM
Some mixed form mid-season saw me bounce between 17th and 12th... then I got my Scottish striker back from injury and went on a fantastic run to push into the play off spots. The Scottish guy is a taller and less talented Peter Crouch, perfect for the bottom playable level. 19 heading, 18 jumping and 204cm... finished the season with 27 goals from 41 games. The guy I brought in from Grimsby Town scored 15 in 17 so on the back of their exploits, we beat Kidderminster in the playoffs to secure promotion to the Vanarama National. Well above first season expectations and now in a scramble to resign some players.

Kluivert is continuing to pull apart my squad. Young Swedish DL sold and the South African striker I nurtured from youth into a Home Grown player. He's even dumped the international Swedish GK back up to a bench spot for a 33 year old Brazilian. He only has two starting Swedish players which means the entire bench has to be filled with Swedes... and some of them are trash youth players. Aouchiche wants out and looks to be going at the end of the season with a whole heap of next tier up Champions League clubs after him. RIP my team :( Somehow they are equal first, but I don't know how sustainable that is with so few quality Swedish players in the mix.

At international level, I am currently top of the South American WCQ. Drew against Brazil and Venezuela but easily accounted for Uruguay, Ecuador, Peru and Paraguay. Have the Copa America in the off season so that will be a decent test and then have Argentina and Brazil again to see how the qualifiers pan out.

weston
21-01-2020, 10:19 PM
I’ve just been reading through your FM20 saves and enjoyed the read. Some great saves particularly grimario.

I myself started unemployed, no qualifications and no prior playing experience. I ended up taking over at Concord Rangers in the Vanarama National League South before quitting later that season due to poor league results and I was losing the dressing room and wasn’t enjoying it so I jumped. I then took over Nuneaton Borough in the Vanarama National League North and my expectation there was to avoid relegation which I ultimately failed to do and was sacked with two games to go.

I then early enough in the off season took over at Hemel Hempstead back in the Vanarama National South League and this is where the save has taken off. I signed my striker from Concord who scored 34 league goals in 48 league games led me to second place and a win in the playoffs to get promoted to Vanarama National League. After 6 games with a record of 2W,2D and 2L we are sitting 12th which is where the media predicts we will be at the end of the season. I currently hold my National A License and am studying for a Continental C License.

I have my team playing a quick short passing game which works well getting forward, the challenge though is defending and if I can consistently pick up clean sheets then I will shoot up the table.

The Jets in 19/20 finished 8th before 2 back to back wooden spoons in 20/21 and 21/22. Scott Miller is the man in charge at The Jets at this point in time with Muscat taking over when Merrick retired. After Muscat was sacked Nikolai Topor-Stanley took over as caretaker manager for 15 days.

Grimario
22-01-2020, 06:04 PM
I've been too slammed with work to play much of late. I'm sure my Swedish English adventure will continue soon

goaliepersempre
22-01-2020, 07:09 PM
I've been too slammed with work to play much of late. I'm sure my Swedish English adventure will continue soon

I know that feeling, what would be cool if you could sync - Mobile version and PC Version

Bon
16-03-2020, 09:42 AM
Was this you, gents?

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/record-amount-of-people-play-football-manager-as-self-quarantine-increases

StannyCFCJET
16-03-2020, 10:09 AM
Was this you, gents?

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/record-amount-of-people-play-football-manager-as-self-quarantine-increases

I was 100% one of them

Grimario
16-03-2020, 12:24 PM
Wasn't me. Season 20 Diablo 3 launched on Saturday so I smashed that for many many hours.

goaliepersempre
30-08-2020, 10:14 PM
What a last game of the season.. 3 points ahead of 2nd (Basel) and have to play Basel Goal Difference + 4 - 2 Players Yellow Card Ban - 3 Starters all injured in previous game and cant play my loaned player from Basel, Best defender on U20 International Duty (Bug in FM, says intl duty from 29.5 - but its the 20.5 ? )...

3-0 down at half time.... Second Half Goal Fest ended up 7-4..

End Season tied but win the league by Goal Difference...

Now to win the swiss cup.

Grimario
13-11-2020, 04:04 PM
It's that time of year again... beta is out and game is only a few weeks from full release.

Started a save with the Jerks.

Millar gets sold almost immediately with Shrewsbury meeting his buyout clause.
Sent Maki Petratos and Lucas Mauragis off on loan to Academica.

Only signings have been freebies.
Brought in Spiranovic on peanuts (Spira £85, Boogs £2,700... as if) and Michael Maria who is a huge step up from Connor O'Toole at WBL.
Rest of the signings were depth/youth Australians - Gianluca Iannucci, Walter Scott and Nathan Lozado. I regret that last one as I have discovered he was a coastie scum years back.

I have also managed to sign John Iredale at the end of his current contract which will be a huge step up from Roy and Australian.
Picked up Peter Gwargis as well for a season loan on deadline which would mean I could dump Najjarine off and upgrade him for £375 a week less.

And after all that, I am not remotely like the Jerks. 8 games, 8 wins. 23 goals for, 7 against. Roy and Bernie have 6 each with Petratos, Ugarkovic and Ledley with 3 each.

StannyCFCJET
13-11-2020, 09:26 PM
It's that time of year again... beta is out and game is only a few weeks from full release.

Started a save with the Jerks.

Millar gets sold almost immediately with Shrewsbury meeting his buyout clause.
Sent Maki Petratos and Lucas Mauragis off on loan to Academica.

Only signings have been freebies.
Brought in Spiranovic on peanuts (Spira £85, Boogs £2,700... as if) and Michael Maria who is a huge step up from Connor O'Toole at WBL.
Rest of the signings were depth/youth Australians - Gianluca Iannucci, Walter Scott and Nathan Lozado. I regret that last one as I have discovered he was a coastie scum years back.

I have also managed to sign John Iredale at the end of his current contract which will be a huge step up from Roy and Australian.
Picked up Peter Gwargis as well for a season loan on deadline which would mean I could dump Najjarine off and upgrade him for £375 a week less.

And after all that, I am not remotely like the Jerks. 8 games, 8 wins. 23 goals for, 7 against. Roy and Bernie have 6 each with Petratos, Ugarkovic and Ledley with 3 each.

Ledley??? And how you finding all the new features?? My PC is ****ed atm so gotta fix it before I can play FM sadly

Grimario
13-11-2020, 09:50 PM
Yep, Ledley. He played a chunk at left back after O'Toole got injured but before Maria arrived. My midfield trio is Johnny K basically sitting deep as almost a third centre back with Ledley and Ugar pulling the strings. Gwargis and Ibini playing as inside forwards and Roy as a false 9.

The game seems a lot more fluid at the moment. Love the new analytics stuff. Like the match engine but not sold on the match ui.

Grimario
16-11-2020, 04:07 PM
https://i.imgur.com/kRxGsEl.png

Well, that was ****ing nuts.

Ibini is going to be a big loss... he has 15 goals, 5 assists in 21 games.
Ugar too - 6 goals and 3 assists... but I can move Spiranovic to Ugar's midfield to accommodate Donachie at the back.

At the moment, Roy hasn't re-signed but looks likely to accept a sub role. He's still managed 14 goals and 5 assists so wouldn't be too upset if he had to stay around.
Simmons and Mauragis will both be leaving. Hopefully offload Goodhew, Langlois and maybe Hoff, Kanta and Italiano if anyone okayish comes up to replace them.

Grimario
16-11-2020, 11:51 PM
Encountered my first bug after winning the league.

Jokes about Jets winning the league being a bug aside, heaps of players have contracts that finish at the end of May, so they are all gone for final series. Lost Ugar :(

StannyCFCJET
16-11-2020, 11:59 PM
Encountered my first bug after winning the league.

Jokes about Jets winning the league being a bug aside, heaps of players have contracts that finish at the end of May, so they are all gone for final series. Lost Ugar :(

Couldn't just resign them? Or did you not know their contracts would expire?

Grimario
17-11-2020, 12:06 AM
Couldn't just resign them? Or did you not know their contracts would expire?

Oh, not just me... the entire league. Probably about 40 all up. Ugar was only one of note from Jets team. And both him and Ibini appear to have hard programmed hatred of the Jets now, so he has no interest in staying.

StannyCFCJET
17-11-2020, 12:16 AM
Oh, not just me... the entire league. Probably about 40 all up. Ugar was only one of note from Jets team. And both him and Ibini appear to have hard programmed hatred of the Jets now, so he has no interest in staying.

Farkkk

Grimario
17-11-2020, 10:31 AM
That contract blunder was good for me. Signed Thomas Glover before the final series - huge step up from Italiano and James.
Won the finals, 1-0 over Sydney in the SF and 2-0 over MV in the final.

Whole heap of coasties coming in to the club in the offseason - Daniel De Silva and Jordan Murray. Also picked up Chris Ikonomidis and John Iredale on frees.
Italiano left on a free to Perth, Boogaard to Western United and Topor to Adelaide. Between them and Ibini, freed up over £7k in weekly cap.

In the market for a holding midfielder to upgrade Johnny and a right fullback/wingback to massively upgrade on the Hoff.

Grimario
17-11-2020, 12:47 PM
Youth intake was... random?

One clear star player - a Newcastle born, Somalian GK who is instantly better than Noah James
One other potential star - a New Zealand born, Chinese/Australian nationality DM who is going to push Kanta out of the third choice spot in a season or so.
Also two boring white blokes from Newy, a left back and a right winger.

But easily the best Jets youth intake I think I have ever had.

Grimario
17-11-2020, 02:26 PM
That'll do me till the game is out and bugs are fixed. Looking at the squad, every single player except Donachie and Champness (because they are on loan?) expires at the end of May whilst the season finishes at the end of June.

StannyCFCJET
17-11-2020, 07:32 PM
That'll do me till the game is out and bugs are fixed. Looking at the squad, every single player except Donachie and Champness (because they are on loan?) expires at the end of May whilst the season finishes at the end of June.

Aleague bugs take ages to fix

JSom
21-11-2020, 04:13 AM

Well, maybe the contracts will somehow be extended. Well, the team will not give up the competition a month before the end of the season. It would be silly.

Grimario
24-11-2020, 10:33 AM
Aleague bugs take ages to fix

Surprising to no one... game released, obvious bug not fixed.

StannyCFCJET
27-11-2020, 12:23 AM
Does that fix for the contracts issue I seen you mention on reddit work?

Grimario
04-12-2020, 12:27 PM
Dunno, never used it as he put it up after I had already started my unemployed career game.

Which started with Íþróttafélagið Vestri, a team that was in the second division of Iceland. Club vision was sign players U23 to feature in the first team which was easy enough to do. Lots of top division players not quite good enough getting released and a few foreigners that filled some gaps. Expectation was top half with push to promotion in second season and after hovering on the cusp of promotion, the July transfer window added just a little bit of quality to go 7-1-0 after it closed and sneak into top spot.

Second season, same club vision with a competition target of don't get relegated. Offloaded a few of the players not good enough to make the jump up and signed a dozen or so starting quality or bench depth to fill out the squad. Iceland must be a pretty shit league because that's meant I am top after 6 games with my star Argentinan striker scoring 13 in the league already.

Don't see much of a future with the club as the town has a population of <3000 people and crowds of 400 mean the club is not financially viable, at all. Only spending 6k of a 9k wage budget and I don't see any dramatic improvement in sponsorship, attendance, TV coverage or even prize money to keep the club afloat... unless there is some sweet, sweet cash for European football.

I have also dabbled in international management, taking the reigns of American Samoa for a year before being poached by Cote D'Ivoire who are yet to play a game.

StannyCFCJET
04-12-2020, 12:59 PM
Dunno, never used it as he put it up after I had already started my unemployed career game.

Which started with Íþróttafélagið Vestri, a team that was in the second division of Iceland. Club vision was sign players U23 to feature in the first team which was easy enough to do. Lots of top division players not quite good enough getting released and a few foreigners that filled some gaps. Expectation was top half with push to promotion in second season and after hovering on the cusp of promotion, the July transfer window added just a little bit of quality to go 7-1-0 after it closed and sneak into top spot.

Second season, same club vision with a competition target of don't get relegated. Offloaded a few of the players not good enough to make the jump up and signed a dozen or so starting quality or bench depth to fill out the squad. Iceland must be a pretty shit league because that's meant I am top after 6 games with my star Argentinan striker scoring 13 in the league already.

Don't see much of a future with the club as the town has a population of <3000 people and crowds of 400 mean the club is not financially viable, at all. Only spending 6k of a 9k wage budget and I don't see any dramatic improvement in sponsorship, attendance, TV coverage or even prize money to keep the club afloat... unless there is some sweet, sweet cash for European football.

I have also dabbled in international management, taking the reigns of American Samoa for a year before being poached by Cote D'Ivoire who are yet to play a game.

Ive bought the game and tried the fix and seems to fix things. Won the regular season as the Jets and about to hit finals.

Got rid of Bernie and Ledley.

Signed Burke the young guy, Yuel and Duncan and then signed Nick Dagostino from perth mid season and this 4 and a half star Brazillian CAM, Enjoying the new game but maybe once again too easy as no way my squad should be winning the comp

StannyCFCJET
04-12-2020, 11:05 PM
Just lost in the grand final because we let them have two easy goals then lost in pens................................... ****ing Mark Rudan as well

Grimario
07-12-2020, 01:10 PM
7 games to go in the league and still clinging on to top spot. With a flurry of midweek games on account of a great cup run, I had 3 league games in a row without a win but have come good with back to back wins. Have Icelandic Cup Final up in my next fixture and hopefully with only two midweek games in the final 7, I can hold on.

I have lost my DL for the rest of the season so I have brought back the guy who played every game last season in the first division... he's not very good but has somehow got mid 7's average in his games so far.

Edit

Won the cup, qualified for EURO II.
Champions with two games to spare - bumped up to Champions League 1st Qualifying round. Huzzah.

Forgot to say that Gabriel Popovic was one of my mid season signings. Meant I had a good back up striker and would occasionally let me play with two up front. He's now scored 8 in 9 games to go with my star striker's 30 in 30, so a pair up front is working well.

Really going to need to invest if we are to make some cash in Europe. I think I have maybe 5 players that would be good enough to make the Jets squad, never mind good enough to get into European football proper.

Grimario
08-12-2020, 03:50 PM
Just made my first signing and first real blunder with Vestri... signed an amazing English left back called Max Melbourne. Forgot England was no longer EU.

Feck.

StannyCFCJET
08-12-2020, 08:07 PM
Just made my first signing and first real blunder with Vestri... signed an amazing English left back called Max Melbourne. Forgot England was no longer EU.

Feck.

Hahahaha. Brexit will tough from an English perspective this year

Grimario
10-12-2020, 01:58 PM
I dunno why but I am going to go bankrupt because of scouting costs. I have a tiny budget set (<£20k) yet have spent over £300k last season and £220k this season to date... and we haven't even had a league game yet.

Grimario
15-12-2020, 11:56 AM
I have canceled every single assignment (including next opposition), fired the scouts I could and bam, £0 per month scouting. Already spent £312k this year. FFS.

Have won in the Champions Cup Champions Path First Qualifying Round and Second Qualifying Round against Dinamo Brest from Belarus and Odds BK from Norway... and about to get smashed by Club Brugge. They have only 6 players who earn less than my entire squad combined. Mignolet is their GK and he is on £75k a week. My top earner is on £550.

Finished work, played games.

0-1 at home, 2-2 away. Should have been much, much worse. I had 2 shots to 19 at home and 21 to 4 away. Happy to concede only 3 goals from 40 shots.
I've drawn Genk in the EURO Cup Playoff so there might yet be European football for Vestri.

And I got over £1m just for getting through two rounds, so that's almost my debt wiped.

Grimario
16-12-2020, 04:34 PM
Holy shit biscuits.

2-2 away, 3-2 at home. Through to Euro Cup.

£255k for winning the tie, £2.66m for the Group Stage. We are in the black.

Grimario
05-01-2021, 10:40 AM
Fired this up after Christmas break. Have been named most improved team in Europe - moving up 346 places to crack the top 250.

Club is also now Professional and over £2m in the black.

Grimario
08-01-2021, 06:02 PM
Time to move on from Iceland. Invincible season complete.

Made it to the group stage of Champions League after getting dream draws all the way through qualifying. Tidy little £15m for the club.

Finished last 0-1-5 record with some spirited displays against Juventus, Benfica and Valencia. Worst result was 4-1 away to Juve and 3-1 at home to Valencia. Held Benfica to a draw at home that probably should have been a win but left midfielder got sent off and we conceded two after he left the pitch. Should have had a draw away as well but one of my centre backs got sent off with 5 to go and we conceded at 90+5. Am now responsible for the lowest attendance of all time (5,529) and the worst discipline (52 yellow, 2 red) in the history of the comp.

About to play the African Cup of Nations and I think I will say goodbye to Cote D'Ivoire after I win.

StannyCFCJET
13-02-2021, 04:01 PM
Is Luka Prso in this year's FM?

Jeterpool
13-02-2021, 08:13 PM
Is Luka Prso in this year's FM?

He's just appeared in fifa 21

StannyCFCJET
13-02-2021, 08:53 PM
He's just appeared in fifa 21

Yeah, lower rated then I expected as well

Grimario
09-11-2021, 12:33 PM
The new game is out.

Jets go alright. Sure, it's against Wingham FC and in pre-season, but it's a bit ridiculous.

https://i.imgur.com/itAqmis.png

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2021, 07:51 PM
The new game is out.

Jets go alright. Sure, it's against Wingham FC and in pre-season, but it's a bit ridiculous.

https://i.imgur.com/itAqmis.png

I played early access, Aleague had soo many squad registration bugs, Have they been fixed?

Grimario
09-11-2021, 08:05 PM
I played early access, Aleague had soo many squad registration bugs, Have they been fixed?

Dunno, but I hit continue on squad rego day and ended up releasing 25 players, so I guess not.

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2021, 08:42 PM
Dunno, but I hit continue on squad rego day and ended up releasing 25 players, so I guess not.

Was it anyone of note?

Grimario
09-11-2021, 08:45 PM
Was it anyone of note?

The entire first team squad that needed to be registered... so no, not really.

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2021, 09:10 PM
The entire first team squad that needed to be registered... so no, not really.

**** they said they have looked at the contracts and registration shit on the forums, Lazy pricks

StannyCFCJET
10-11-2021, 12:56 PM
They need to hire better researchers ****. Seems every club has someone lazy or someone who doesnt follow the aleague