PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

goaliepersempre
12-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Been pretty hectic, havent logged on to play for a few weeks.

But will be getting in sometime soon.

Any updates gents?

Grimario
12-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Whenever I am working from home, I have it loaded up in the background on the PC while I slave away.

My current career game is just before christmas in 2026 in La Liga with some team no one has ever heard of before called Elgoibar. I won the league last year after 4 seasons in the top flight, won CL the same year and now in my 5th season have just won the CWC. There are almost no real players left.

Thinking of my next challenge, have a bunch of options and am thinking South America or Mexico might be a good option if I can get a gig there.

Or maybe back to the Jets where it all started... who currently have Austrian legend Andreas Herzog in charge who has finished 4th, 1st, 5th, 3rd, 1st in his tenure as boss but never won a GF.

pv4
12-07-2012, 10:50 AM
lol aka graham arnold

WolfMan
12-07-2012, 02:52 PM
I started unemployed, kicked off with MLS side New England Revolution, won a few titles and MLS Cups, North American Champions League eluded me (lost in the final once).
After resigning from that position, I am now at Cittadella, who had wrapped up Serie B when I took over. 1st season in Serie A, rooted to the bottom of the table, just 1 win at the halfway mark.

I have been blogging about it all on a regular basis (every "in-game" month). Can be found here ( lifeofmanager.wordpress.com (http://lifeofmanager.wordpress.com) ) if you care to check it out :-)

BodyNovo
20-08-2012, 08:43 AM
http://www.fmscout.com/q-4589-FM12-Update-Packs-bypr0.html

for those looking for a database file that has all the transfers as of today. the bloke has missed some transfers in the HAL like mitchell to jets and jeffers, culina and queerman leaving.

he has also added WSW who seem to be actually the richest club in the league because there owned by the FFA (crazy stuff right....FFA spending money)

they have signed in my new game Ogenovski, Lucas niell and david kitson plus a host of other decent players. Ange has brought back matt mackay and devere to victory.

goaliepersempre
27-08-2012, 08:31 PM
has been my go to tool for procrastination last couple of days..... damn manure and all there money...

Grimario
30-08-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm about to clock over to 2028 in my career game, currently with Elgoibar in La Liga. Have just moved to our first fully seated stadium, 24k seats. Money is rolling in!

Ange Postecoglu just got the sack from the scum. Wilkshire is the Australian manager. There are almost no real players left in the game.

Leaving Elgoibar at the end of the season, contemplating a fresh challenge in South Africa (sadly only one league) or one of the Asian nations with 3-4 divisions. Getting bored of Europe, especially La Liga, since Elgoibar wasn't an existing club and does NOT have a reserves squad, so I can only ever have 25 players + U19's :(

WolfMan
30-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Nice work, sounds like you're steaming through the game!

I'm into March 2018, and finally finding some form with League 1 side Leyton Orient.

Latest blog entry - “February Stars” http://wp.me/p2z6uB-3o
Homepage - lifeofmanager.wordpress.com

Check it out :-D

Grimario
30-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't say I am steaming through it... just checked my save, almost 39 days played time to get to 2028...

Grimario
18-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Ended up at Wellington. Won the league and the GF two seasons running. Left because no ACL = no money and no NYL team = no youth. Poor, poor set up in the game for the Nix.

Took over Cienciano in Peru, finished 5th in my first season (was tipped first but when I took over, was hovering lower mid-table). Second season am sitting top of the league with 3 games to go on the First Phase. Have secured qualifaction into the Final already, though not entirely sure what that entails...

Left my post at Brazil to take over Australia after Wilkshire got sacked for the second time. Thought I had better break the cycle otherwise Ange would get the job and get sacked for the FOURTH time. In sad news, Australia has NEVER won the Asian Cup and only been a runner up ONCE since 2011 (which was a real result, not in game). Missed out on qualification for the 2018, 2026 and 2030 World Cups, the last one being the reason Wilkshire was sacked. When I took over, world ranking was down at 85. Have it back up to 80 now and playing the 2031 Asian Cup, in the SF against South Korea. Hopefully a win here and in the final against (probably) Saudi Arabia will see me jump up the rankings a bit.

WolfMan
18-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Good effort. Shame the Phoenix setup didn't really allow you to create a dynasty.

Fingers crossed for the Asian Cup Semi and hopefully Final!

WolfMan
19-10-2012, 06:40 AM
NEW FM Career blog entry - “Hot and Cold” - http://t.co/sBAaomtX
Homepage - http://t.co/6YGl7kcA
Read, Comment, Subscribe? Cheers! :-D

Grimario
20-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Good effort. Shame the Phoenix setup didn't really allow you to create a dynasty.

Fingers crossed for the Asian Cup Semi and hopefully Final!

Bit of pre-derby FM, beat South Korea 1-0 in the SF. Saudi Arabia got knocked out by Qatar in their QF then Qatar lost to Iran. So Iran in the GF? Fooking hell. Should win.

Buddha
20-10-2012, 04:49 PM
In my second season with Villa, won the league cup and the league despite having little or no money available, smashed out loans and spent all my money on Seydou Keita. Agbonlahor and Bent destroyed the league. Bannan came of age and was brilliant. Absolutely raided the free transfer market, Montoya Planas Ballack Albelda Van Buyten Sturridge Caldirola Bosingwa Ait-Fana all on frees and a couple of buys to strengthen the side and provide depth for europe saw me destroy Liverpool 5-0 in Community Shield.

hawk
20-10-2012, 10:17 PM
wtf were you 2nite?

Buddha
20-10-2012, 10:33 PM
stuck in waggaaaa :(

Grimario
20-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Beat Iran in the GF, first time Asian Cup winners in 2031.

Also won the Asian Cup Fair play award with only 4 yellows for the tournament. How things have changed for Australian football.

Grimario
23-10-2012, 12:12 PM
FM2013 is out in a few weeks... demo later this week.

For those that pre-purchased, you get beta access so can be playing it RIGHT NOW.

www.greenmangaming.com for <$30, cheapest place I can find it. DO IT!

Grimario
26-10-2012, 01:34 PM
FM2013 at least in beta is pretty rubbish.

Best player at the Jets is one Ben Kantarovski. Currently leads the league in passing accuracy at 93% after 2/3 of the season is gone. Heskey has 14 goals but Bruno Cazarine, signed by Nix, has nearly 20, better than a goal per game. McAllister is a few goals ahead of Heskey as well.

Played a 6-6 draw with Melbourne Heart a few games ago. We are 9 points clear of them, they are 9 points clear of MV in 3rd. Coasties aren't in top 6. WSW are dead last, have notched up a win though and scored some goals! Bridge only has one of them, the fat ankled waster.

Also, Rubez and Jobe are garbage, Jesic is our 3rd best striker. Goodwin and Virgili are nowhere near good enough for first team. Ended up signing Chris Grossman because I was short of central midfield options :(

WolfMan
26-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Developers can't be blamed for poor stats. They employ (don't think they are paid) people to scout every team throughout the leagues in the game. So whoever is doing the Jets' scouting for SI Games is who you would have an issue with.

Mind you, they would probably have to get their data into the developers a long time ago.

Grimario
26-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Developers can't be blamed for poor stats. They employ (don't think they are paid) people to scout every team throughout the leagues in the game. So whoever is doing the Jets' scouting for SI Games is who you would have an issue with.

Mind you, they would probably have to get their data into the developers a long time ago.

Oh, for sure. Tis why they have a "data issues" forum and a "bugs" forum over at SI because they are two different groups. Not sure if Jets have their own "scout" or if it is an A-League general one. Given how shit some of our players are, would not be surprised if it was a gypo. Though to be fair, they have some odd things happening as well... Rogic has had less than 5 games and is on the loan list.

Wheelhouse chucked a tantrum so I fired him. Bastard :(

Heskey re-signed for another season, Griff and Tiago declined dramatically to the point that Griff is struggling to keep Jesic out of the team :(
Not re-signing Bridges as a player, might do it as a coach if I can cut a bunch of $$ of his wage.

WolfMan
26-10-2012, 11:00 PM
You can change individual players' ratings in the editor yourself before you start a new game. Could make it a bit more realistic as far as the Jets are concerned anyway.

If you were really keen, you could do the same throughout the A-League

Grimario
27-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Just finished the season undefeated. 24 wins, 3 draws. Broke record for most goals scored with 67, only conceded 33. Griff finished on 19, Heskey on 16.
Kanta got young player of the year, Dugandzic got player of the year with 12 goals, 19 asssists. Griff, Mitchell and Kanta all made team of the season.

Scum finished 2nd last :D

WolfMan
27-10-2012, 09:07 AM
That is actually incredible! What tactics are you employing?

RedMexican
27-10-2012, 09:21 AM
how do i get this football manager lads ?

pistolpete
27-10-2012, 09:25 AM

Game shop or acquire by other means online. Does anybody play the handheld version? Got an iPad the other day and noticed it was on sale for about $5

pistolpete
27-10-2012, 09:26 AM
You can change individual players' ratings in the editor yourself before you start a new game. Could make it a bit more realistic as far as the Jets are concerned anyway.

If you were really keen, you could do the same throughout the A-League

Make Hutcho a ****

Grimario
27-10-2012, 09:39 AM

www.greenmangaming.com us cheapest I've seen

Grimario
27-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Make Hutcho a ****
He already is.

That is actually incredible! What tactics are you employing?

Same 4-1-2-1-2 as I used in Fm2012.

Birra
Neville - Tiago - Mitchell - Goodwin
Kanta
Grossman - Brown
Bernardo
Heskey - Griff

Grossman was my only purchase (apart from some youth guy called Nick Xanthapolous or something)

WolfMan
27-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Brilliant!

I'm sticking with FM 12 for now. I usually only buy every 2nd or 3rd installment, keep my career games going for as long as I can.

Almost halfway through the season with League 1's Leyton Orient, won 7 in a row. 1 point behind top-spot MK Dons as they come calling. Won 3-1, top of the league (for now) and 8 on the bounce.

Club record is 10 wins on the trot and 14 without loss (currently at 12 matches unbeaten).

Bremsstrahlung
27-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Can you get it on Mac?

WolfMan
27-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Can you get it on Mac?

Yes you can. Same disc (if that's how you buy it) but it is also available as a Digital Download via Steam

Bremsstrahlung
27-10-2012, 09:41 PM
I've 'acquired' FM11 to see what it's like. So many intricate little details. You can really immerse yourself in it (for better results i presume). Just seems like soooo much involvement :S A little too overwhelming at first

pistolpete
27-10-2012, 10:00 PM
I've been playing for 20 years since the franchise first started. Would definitely be overwhelming starting playing now. Good luck, it is extremely addictive!

MFKS
27-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I've 'acquired' FM11 to see what it's like. So many intricate little details. You can really immerse yourself in it (for better results i presume). Just seems like soooo much involvement :S A little too overwhelming at first
Take your time with it. When I do play it I usually just spend my time devoting a whole day to setting up the season. Tactics training signings etc. Once done I just put it in the back ground when I am on the PC and let it run on Autopilot. Check in every month or two and tweak whatever is necessary and let her run again.

If you ****ed around with the settings for every game it would take nearly 1 months playing every day to get through a season!!!

pistolpete
27-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Getting good scouts and coaches is important. I try and buy as many young guns as possible and slowly bring them in. If you are playing in a lower league I always have success signing older guys with lots of international caps while training up the young stars. Once the older guys retire the young blokes are ready to step up. Easily get promoted in the process

WolfMan
27-10-2012, 10:24 PM
I've been playing for 20 years since the franchise first started. Would definitely be overwhelming starting playing now. Good luck, it is extremely addictive!

Potentially a new player to this game could find the FM Classic mode in FM13 less overwhelming. From what I understand, it's a stripped back version of the game, basically setting up your team to play the matches but not having to get into the deep stuff of finances etc.

Thomas477
27-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Getting good scouts and coaches is important. I try and buy as many young guns as possible and slowly bring them in. If you are playing in a lower league I always have success signing older guys with lots of international caps while training up the young stars. Once the older guys retire the young blokes are ready to step up. Easily get promoted in the process

Would also add in a good assistant coach is brilliant as well. Stats I consider important when selecting one are Ability (Current and Potential), Tactial Knowledge and Motivation. Any extra coaching stats are a bonus in my books.

MFKS
27-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Would also add in a good assistant coach is brilliant as well. Stats I consider important when selecting one are Ability (Current and Potential), Tactial Knowledge and Motivation. Any extra coaching stats are a bonus in my books.

Even go as far as saying the best staff you can get your hands on are a must. A good physio keeps your blokes on the park an average one and all your best players are forever seeming to be injured

Thomas477
27-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Even go as far as saying the best staff you can get your hands on are a must. A good physio keeps your blokes on the park an average one and all your best players are forever seeming to be injured

Yeah, basically :P I find that there's always a few appealingly generated people who you can hire and they come with pretty good stats on the pretty cheap <$100,000 per year.

Bremsstrahlung
28-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Take your time with it. When I do play it I usually just spend my time devoting a whole day to setting up the season. Tactics training signings etc. Once done I just put it in the back ground when I am on the PC and let it run on Autopilot. Check in every month or two and tweak whatever is necessary and let her run again.

If you ****ed around with the settings for every game it would take nearly 1 months playing every day to get through a season!!!

WHere can I find this allusive feature? Took on the Jets for first season. Struggled in Pre-season lost to Sydney Olympic and a few other non-A-league teams. 11K Budget (thanks guys). WOn first round match against Adelaide 3-1. Kanta MOM with match rating of 9.2 :|. I can see how it is addictive.

Grimario
28-10-2012, 11:54 AM
WHere can I find this allusive feature? Took on the Jets for first season. Struggled in Pre-season lost to Sydney Olympic and a few other non-A-league teams. 11K Budget (thanks guys). WOn first round match against Adelaide 3-1. Kanta MOM with match rating of 9.2 :|. I can see how it is addictive.
One of the drop down menus has Go On Holiday as an option.

goaliepersempre
28-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Ergh, am supposed to be studying.. but alas football manager is rearing its head...

Club Side still with Gladbach since joining in 2014-15 season at christmas.. won the following season, Euro Cup, Bundesliga and the cup, Won the cup in 2016-17. now in season 17-18

Club Is Sitting in the league 7th, Munich with just redonkulous money sitting at the top. Then 2-8th are all within about 5 points of each other. 10 rounds roughly to go.

In the semi final of the pokal

and 2nd knockout phase of euro cup.

Recently took over managing Australia, Asian Nation Cup etc qualified undefeated. 18 goals for 2 against.

Bremsstrahlung
28-10-2012, 01:22 PM
One of the drop down menus has Go On Holiday as an option.

Thanks! I had seen that. Was wondering what it was. Didn't think the board would approve of my holiday, mid season. Thanks!

pistolpete
28-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Potentially a new player to this game could find the FM Classic mode in FM13 less overwhelming. From what I understand, it's a stripped back version of the game, basically setting up your team to play the matches but not having to get into the deep stuff of finances etc.

I am assuming the handheld version is similar to this. I will probably buy it this week while it is on sale

tommy_v
28-10-2012, 02:54 PM
will you be able to use your demo save when the game is released?

and to all new players http://www.fmscout.com (http://www.fmscout.com/)/ this site will be your new best friend :)

WolfMan
28-10-2012, 04:43 PM
will you be able to use your demo save when the game is released?

Yes

MFKS
28-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks! I had seen that. Was wondering what it was. Didn't think the board would approve of my holiday, mid season. Thanks!

All the Holiday mode does is allow the game to play out with out the constant stops and interruptions. Set it for a two weeks a month and when you come back the games have been run and won(lost) and you can tweak away. Only problem with this is that if something goes pear shaped you miss out on the chance to rectify it when it happens and may pay the price for it later.

Grimario
02-11-2012, 09:37 AM
2013 is out TODAY, ladies and gents.

Hope they fix preferred club data, do not want to see Lord Griffo sign for the scum again.

Blackmac79
02-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Should if you get a chance check out:

Truefootballmanager.com

and

Fmcrowd.com

The guy behind those sites is recognised by the guys who do the FM games and gets his games for free.

Grimario
02-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Griff signs!

Preferred personnel still rubbish. Whoever the researchers are are a joke. They have BRIDGES as a club legend, KANTAROVSKI as a club icon. Griff is nowhere :(

But he has SIGNED. £10k transfer fee, £12.5k per week as Aus Marquee. GRIFF COMES HOME, YEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

MFKS
02-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Got him for a bargain.

Bet you HSG have to cough up more for his real life homecoming??

Grimario
02-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Especially with him being an ambassador and all that jazz.

Grimario
03-11-2012, 03:54 PM
griff needs to come back. Scored goal of the season again, fell a goal short of Jets top scorer though. Ryu 11, Esky 10, Lord Griff 10.

http://youtu.be/155hWlT9bjk?hd=1

MFKS
03-11-2012, 04:57 PM
griff needs to come back. Scored goal of the season again, fell a goal short of Jets top scorer though. Ryu 11, Esky 10, Lord Griff 10.

http://youtu.be/155hWlT9bjk?hd=1

Its almost just like that one he scored at Stade de Newy all those years ago when Nicky Carle ran interference for him and Griffo ran the length of the field and toe poked it with the outside of the foot into the top corner

Happy Days

Grimario
03-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Game is brilliant.

Lord Griff has told me he wants to become a scout once his playing days are done... and says "I can sign up now if you want?". Now Australian Marquee and Newcastle Jets Chief Scout.

Not sure how that works, but well in Lord Griff.

tommy_v
03-11-2012, 08:06 PM
when did you get it him? in my save they are asking 70K and budget was only 50K

got bored with doing the same thing every year so this year now decided id take charge at Bradford Park Avenue in Blue Square North. see how we go

Grimario
03-11-2012, 08:40 PM
15th September

Jeterpool
03-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Its almost just like that one he scored at Stade de Newy all those years ago when Nicky Carle ran interference for him and Griffo ran the length of the field and toe poked it with the outside of the foot into the top corner

Happy Days

No no no no no. Nick Carle scored that one. Refuse to acknowledge what you say.

Would have been good if he scored a second like that in the gf though!

Grimario
04-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Heskey is now Player/Head of Youth Development, no longer marquee.
Lord Griff was happy to take a monster paycut, down from £16.5k to £1.9k, no longer marquee.

Now on the hunt for two marquees...

MFKS
04-11-2012, 09:43 PM
:lulzturtle:
Heskey is now Player/Head of Youth Development, no longer marquee.
Lord Griff was happy to take a monster paycut, down from £16.5k to £1.9k, no longer marquee.

Now on the hunt for two marquees...

:lulzturtle: What a top bloke. Do anything for Newy. Should make him Marquee on principle even if he is on the peasant wages

weston
06-11-2012, 03:49 PM
FM13 any good??? worth getting??

Grimario
07-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Yes.

Season 2 (pre-finals) finished.

Ryu top scorer with 20
Lord Griffo second with 17
Heskey has turned into poo, scored 1 and has barely featured.... however will stay on as Head of Youth/backup Player until he retires as a player.

Brilliante, Regan, Oxborrow and Gallaway contracts are up, will not be renewing.

Goal of the season from Ryu... (helps if I post the fecking thing...)

http://youtu.be/Isp50YCfp34?hd=1

Newieutd
08-11-2012, 09:50 AM
No no no no no. Nick Carle scored that one. Refuse to acknowledge what you say.

Would have been good if he scored a second like that in the gf though!

Think you are mistaken....I remember the commentator screaming "Griffffffffooooooo"

Jeterpool
08-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Think you are mistaken....I remember the commentator screaming "Griffffffffooooooo"

He was talking about the awesome blocking job he did.

We will be having words...:)

RedMexican
08-11-2012, 05:46 PM
a bit through my first season with the jerks.
sitting 6th. blasted the gypos 5-1 and then 3-2.
chilli and brockie are killing it *(i only have fm12)*
connor chapman has been playing outstanding and all deans wants to do is get rid of him.

MFKS
08-11-2012, 06:57 PM
connor chapman has been playing outstanding and all deans wants to do is get rid of him.

Easy fixed and can't believe you didn't do it as your first job when taking over the reins at Stade de Newy

Deans Out

RedMexican
08-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Easy fixed and can't believe you didn't do it as your first job when taking over the reins at Stade de Newy

Deans Out

i know, stupid mexican.

Newieutd
09-11-2012, 08:10 AM
He was talking about the awesome blocking job he did.

We will be having words...:)

You are seriously mistaken...

Griffo blocked the ball only just earlier on the goal line with his huge penis... then a little later Griffo got the ball in his own half Nicky Carle was helping block the defenders run...Also The commentator may have yelled "Caaarrrrllllllleeee....Get out of the way Griffo has the ball" and Griffo scored with his missus and everyone in the stadium then headed the ball into the back of the net with the head of his genitals

MFKS
09-11-2012, 11:37 AM
You are seriously mistaken...

Griffo blocked the ball only just earlier on the goal line with his huge penis... then a little later Griffo got the ball in his own half Nicky Carle was helping block the defenders run...Also The commentator may have yelled "Caaarrrrllllllleeee....Get out of the way Griffo has the ball" and Griffo scored with his missus and everyone in the stadium then headed the ball into the back of the net with the head of his genitals

About right except you have definitely told the real version of events in a way that unders Griffos involvement in some ways!!

Newieutd
09-11-2012, 12:04 PM
About right except you have definitely told the real version of events in a way that unders Griffos involvement in some ways!!

By definition - It is impossible to overstate Griff in any way

MFKS
09-11-2012, 12:06 PM
By definition - It is impossible to overstate Griff in any way

I suppose your right words there are no words available that actually do justice to how great Lord Griffo is

Grimario
12-11-2012, 11:04 AM
At end of third season, two titles on the trot and going for a third. Won the ACL. Lost to Man Utd in final of CWC.

Tinks has just agreed to purchase the stadium. Hunter Stadium will soon be owned by the Jerks, woop.

pv4
12-11-2012, 11:29 AM
http://youtu.be/Isp50YCfp34?hd=1

are all your plays that direct, or do they pass it around a bit aswell?

Grimario
12-11-2012, 11:35 AM
are all your plays that direct, or do they pass it around a bit aswell?

That was not a typical Grimario Jets play. For the season just gone, they were around 78% passing accuracy over 18,000 passes for the season. Think it averages out to 666 attempted passes per game...

pv4
12-11-2012, 11:41 AM
have decided i will invest into this. have never played fm before, and have rarely gamed on pc. what is the best way to purchase this game, and what kind of things should i read to get into it?

cheers

Grimario
12-11-2012, 11:53 AM
FM is one of the leading causes of divorce in the UK apparently...

Don't buy retain in Oz. All games have to be registered on steam regardless of where you purchase. www.greenmangaming.com is probably one of the cheapest spots you can get it, $40ish or cheaper if you can get a discount code.

As for what you should read? Jeebus... there is lots and lots and LOTS out there. My suggestion would be jump in to one of the games and leave tool tips on. Start with a big club, learn the ropes a bit before diving in at a lower level. Even HAL is a PITA as the salary cap makes the game very different.

WolfMan
12-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Download on Steam if you aren't worried about the price point (US$80). Also, you can download just the demo to get to grips with it, and if/when you decide to purchase the full game, you can continue the save-game you started in the demo (if you wish).
Welcome to the FM Family :-)

WolfMan
12-11-2012, 12:41 PM
LATEST #FM career blog entry - “Win Streak Halted” - http://t.co/VchgyEYW
Read, Comment RT? #FMFamily

pv4
12-11-2012, 12:45 PM
is there any advantage to buying on steam than buying with somewhere like greenman?

WolfMan
12-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Well you will need the steam client to activate any "boxed" version of the game anyway. The only advantage is if you wanted the game now and not have to deal with actual people (ewww gross). That being said, you could download the demo today, play away and wait for your retail version to be delivered :-)

Grimario
12-11-2012, 01:02 PM
is there any advantage to buying on steam than buying with somewhere like greenman?

It costs double...

If you buy on GMG, you will get a codethat you then activate on Steam. They are ALL Steam versions, regardless of where you buy.

Grimario
12-11-2012, 01:05 PM
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/sports/football-manager-2013/

That is PC download, gives you steam code instantly. No waiting on hard copy deliverables.

MFKS
13-11-2012, 12:32 AM
At end of third season, two titles on the trot and going for a third. Won the ACL. Lost to Man Utd in final of CWC.

Tinks has just agreed to purchase the stadium. Hunter Stadium will soon be owned by the Jerks, woop.

Either kick the Knights out or hold a Motocross during their season just for a laugh

pv4
13-11-2012, 07:04 AM
i got it yesterday from greenman. took seemingly forever to dl (i will credit telstra fxxxers for going through all their checks etc, telling me i can get adsl2+phone, then only after signing up letting me know that there's no ports & i'm stuck with adsl1 - kutgw dudes).

decided to just jump right into the jerks, i figure i can use a few startup careers to figure the system out before worrying too much. heskey is on fire in preseason - three goals. have beaten jerks yoof & valentine phoenix in trials convincingly. playing a flair/flowing attacking 4-1-2-1-2 of:
----------birraz---------------
-nev--tiago--mitchell--ritter-
----------jobe----------------
---zad-----------goodwin----
----------brown---------------
-------heskey--ryu-----------

ryu is killing it also. brown scored a belter against valentine. scott neville has been my MoM for both games.

bridges (acting as player+coach) reckons i should remove captaincy from jobe and give it to bridges. lol. but he did recommend a different assistant manager, which i might take up.

at this stage i'm too emotionally tied to players (ie zad & jobe), and hence i figure i'm playing it wrong, but i'm enjoying it so far. maybe when i get the hang of things i'll be putting emotion aside and playing the likes of jesic,gallaway,etc if they're good prospects etc.

all in all, it's been fun so far. look forward to moar.

BodyNovo
13-11-2012, 09:35 AM
love the game this year, the outlay of actual skin is very clean and simple to manage.

this year is actually the first year i have decided not to start with the jerks. I was going to start with rovers but, the pressure of the venkys and shebby singh was not even worth trying to manage, so i decided to take on the everton job which in football manager in recent years is a pretty hard one to take on considering the fans have no appreciation for you replacing the legend that was david moyes and you are a no name (unless you place yourself as an international footballer). I was further hated when i basically removed my whole backroom staff to bring in blokes who suited my style the only guy who kept his job was the assistant manager who actually met all my requirements.

my prefferred style 4-3-3 very fluid, with wing backs, 2 box to box midfielders and a deep lying playmaker. was going to make for one tough pre-season especially considering the everton teams 2 most used formations were both with 1 up front and a very rigid style. my response to this was to play 3 friendly games a week for the whole pre season.

i probably have already put 15-20 hours into the game and i'm only 5 games into the season, and i have got my rewards. 5 games 4 wins 1 draw, the draw was a 93rd minute equalizer at man city, and if you were in my house at the time you would have thought the jerks had just won the comp again.

this is my current starting eleven at this point in time you may notice a couple of transfers & some loan players which i picked up at very cheap prices.

-------------------------Howard-------------------------
-Coleman-----Heitinga---------Jagielka-----Baines-
-------------------------Anderson*---------------------
-----------Powell*------------------Fellani-------------
-Miralles-----------------Jelavic---------------*Ince-

*picked up anderson for chips at $2 million with united picking up 20% of the sale on the next deal, got nick powell also from united on loan i only really got him as a back up initially, but he has been a standout, he scored a double in the carling cup v stoke and hasn't left the starting side since, finally thomas ince (the son of paul) from blackpool on deadline day for $1 million + plus the trade of victor anchiebe to blackpool (who is shit), his ability at this point in time is 3 stars but his potential is between 4 & 5 stars according to my scouts.

writing this has made me now keen as mustard to finish work and go home and continue on....well done me.

pv4
13-11-2012, 10:09 AM
can i also voice my disappointment in the fact that the enitre yoof squad seems to be in the game except for josh small. and yes, this includes the guys who were let go when smallz was let go (ie abe wheelhouse). disc race.

also, lol @ brillante being black.

Mitchy
13-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Reading this thread makes me want to play.

Will download when finished school

FM>HSC

tommy_v
13-11-2012, 03:17 PM
anyone else having problems where wide players dont try beat their man and the defence stand off even with instructions to press and hassle the opponents?

pv4
13-11-2012, 03:28 PM
having not played it before i have nothing to judge it against, but i'm finding my wide guys never take people on, are reluctant to cross, and kind of spin around & shield the ball and look for a pass (even though i'm telling them to cross early, run through defence, whatever). it's a shame too, because all of heskey's goals have come from crosses, he just seems to mimic irl where he dominates the defence, and i imagine if my wide guys crossed more often i'd be scoring more.

and yep defenders seem to stand off a lot, no matter what defensive things i'm yelling at them. i assumed this was all apart of the game, though.

BodyNovo
13-11-2012, 04:14 PM
anyone else having problems where wide players dont try beat their man and the defence stand off even with instructions to press and hassle the opponents?

i actually think its the player.

miralles for me can't stop taking blokes on even if i encourage him not to.

where as steven naismith first thought is always to cross the ball.

i'm only guessing but i think the flair statistic maybe a good indicator.

Buddha
13-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Play them as inside forwards and they will take on their man more than often, i play a 4-1-2-2-1 sort of thing

---------------Birra---------------
Nev------Thiago---Mitch------Ritter
---------Kanta/Gunnarsson------
---------Brown----Jobe/Pepper----
Ryu-------------------------Goodwin
---------------Black God------------------

BK
Rubez
Invincible
Taggart

Destorying every team, averaging 3.16 goals a game, watertight at the back, very susceptible to long balls over the top but, heskey is immense, if goodwin isnt scoring, heskey is, but goodwin has scored in every game so far (16 games in)

Goodwin 21
Heskey 12
Ryu 7
Thiago 3
OGs 3

pv4
13-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Heskey or Joel griff up front, Buddha?

Buddha
13-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Heskey or Joel griff up front, Buddha?

my mistake, the black god. did try and sign joel, but wanted australian marquee but i unfortunately spent it all on grella to be aus marquee, still hasnt played a match

WolfMan
13-11-2012, 04:53 PM

Could be the Preferred Moves of the wide players, as has been alluded to. You can train players to run with ball down flank amongst other things to suit your style of play more. Some players will learn a new skill easily, others may not learn it at all.

Buddha
13-11-2012, 06:37 PM
sign bradden inman for your team, absolute quality. him and brown now dominate the middle for me now, picks apart all teams so well

pv4
14-11-2012, 06:29 AM
so in regards to transfers and stuff in the hal..

is transfer budget just how much money you've got left to buy players, and wage budget is how much cap space for the entire year you've got left? and where do staff wages come from? or is that all apart of it?

pv4
14-11-2012, 06:30 AM
and when it says that say two assistant managers, 3 physios, etc etc are recommended, is it best just to go with the recommendation?

also.. how the hell do i get a head of youth development? searching in transfer centre for one, i can't find any. no one has any interest in becoming one for me, and i can't figure out how to make my current staff do it (is it just offer them a new contract?).

tommy_v
14-11-2012, 10:10 AM
played a bit last night and the wide players are starting to take on their man so can only assume players still getting use to the formation and tactics? playing a 4231 with wing backs, ball winning midfielders, 2 advanced playmakers and a trequarista. still in pre season(leeds utd) but so far 3 2-0 wins and a 5-1 win

tommy_v
14-11-2012, 10:14 AM
and when it says that say two assistant managers, 3 physios, etc etc are recommended, is it best just to go with the recommendation?

also.. how the hell do i get a head of youth development? searching in transfer centre for one, i can't find any. no one has any interest in becoming one for me, and i can't figure out how to make my current staff do it (is it just offer them a new contract?).

personally think thats a bit much for the jets. in regards to signing staff its the same as signing players-the clubs status, the league status and your reputation all play a factor. you can offer a current staff member the role of head of youth development in a new contract. when on the contract screen on the right hand side will say if the staff member is interested or not in the role.

BodyNovo
14-11-2012, 10:23 AM
update

Now 19 games into the season

had the expected dip and find myself clinging onto fourth position, united the khunts recalled powell (but silly me put it as one of the stipulations of the loan) and i have been struggling ever since in the midfield department and can't wait for january, especially because i have just recieved 7 million for jack rodwell from city because he has played 5 internationals.

as i dosed of to sleep in the early hours of the morning my next match was a quarter final in the carling cup against wolves.

if you looking for a decent team in the prem to play with and want a good challenge than everton is your go.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 02:03 PM
That was not a typical Grimario Jets play. For the season just gone, they were around 78% passing accuracy over 18,000 passes for the season. Think it averages out to 666 attempted passes per game...

Got a Lord Griff goal against coastie scum that I am uploading that shows the patience I have my team play with. Starts with a hoof from Birra but then it's about 40 seconds of passing in and around the box, including both full backs and finishes with a cross from right back for Lord Griff to tap home.

Anyone playing in A-League wanting an awesome Australian left back, get the macedonian national left back... Danijel Georgievski. Australian born, played for Marconi yoof way back apparently.

Also, Chris Grossman is the best Mr Versatile that is not with a HAL club at the start.

http://youtu.be/TpWFMP-wXoc?hd=1

WolfMan
14-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Keep the updates coming guys, this is awesome! :-)

weston
14-11-2012, 05:51 PM
taking a shit load of ps3 games to eb games tomorrow, trading them in for FM13.... probably still have to pay a little bit but thats ok

WolfMan
14-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Good stuff weston! I'm sure you will enjoy it as we all do

LATEST FM career blog entry - “4-Point February” - http://t.co/oWq56mY9

Grimario
14-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Sad day.

End of may, 2015.

Tiago is set to leave the club after turning down new contract offer.
Heskey is set to leave the club after turning down new contract offer.

End of season fitness/training report - "Joel Griffiths has declined significantly as a football this year" and Ryan is potentially declining.

Good thing I have picked up a few regens, one who I am sure gets his name from an Aussie futsal legend.

Aussie squad announced. Jerks have 8 players in the national team :gent:
Also have 11 in U21 squad.

And GvE thinks he prefers youth players :lulz:

Grimario
14-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Either kick the Knights out or hold a Motocross during their season just for a laugh

Might have to start charging them rent.

Club took out a £65,000,000 to cover the stadium purchase. Feck.

pv4
14-11-2012, 09:08 PM
so in regards to transfers and stuff in the hal..

is transfer budget just how much money you've got left to buy players, and wage budget is how much cap space for the entire year you've got left? and where do staff wages come from? or is that all apart of it?

yo grim - explain me through the budgets.

also, if I want to sign Joel griff as an aust marquee, do I have to use the wages allocated in said budgets?

Grimario
14-11-2012, 09:13 PM
yo grim - explain me through the budgets.

also, if I want to sign Joel griff as an aust marquee, do I have to use the wages allocated in said budgets?

Transfer budget is how much you can spend to buy people.
Wage budget is inclusive of staff and not representative of your salary cap. If you go to your squad screen and click on Squad Registration, it will tell you what your salary cap "wage budget" is.

You can sign griff on whatever the club will allow as max wages, even if it puts you over. Only issue might be if it puts you HEAPS over your wage budget, you might have the board constantly saying "we need you to reduce your wages" or something.

pv4
14-11-2012, 09:17 PM
is what the club would allow as max wage just the max amount that comes up in the drop-down menu for weekly wage offer in the negotiations screen?

Grimario
14-11-2012, 09:32 PM
is what the club would allow as max wage just the max amount that comes up in the drop-down menu for weekly wage offer in the negotiations screen?

Yep. Think for non-marquees it might be fixed, think £3,100 is the most you can offer a "First Team" non-marquee player. Not sure how far it goes up for marquees.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Tinks is stepping down.

WolfMan
14-11-2012, 10:06 PM
"will have delighted Leyton Orient supporters after leading his team to promotion this season. #FM2012"

Now to wrap up the League Title, 4 point lead with 4 matches remaining...

pv4
15-11-2012, 09:17 AM
played a few more preseason games. convincingly beat a few sydney state league teams, and then came up against an apia leichardt side featuring franco parisi & jesse pinto. i know what's going through your head right now, and the answer is yes - parisi scored a double to send me home on the back of a 2-1 loss.

every game i get deans in my ear telling me that the players can't get motivated with jobe as captain, and he's not doing anything great so i'm thinking of dropping him & putting kanta as my captain (bridges reckons either kanta or himself should be captain).

weston
15-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Good stuff weston! I'm sure you will enjoy it as we all do

LATEST FM career blog entry - “4-Point February” - http://t.co/oWq56mY9

Had to pay an extra $20. Installing now. The guy at EB gave my a "Pre Order Reward" with it. I thought it was pretty cool, he said he didn't know what it was but its something for free anyway. I get home and open the case to investigate, Pre Order reward is an offer to access the BETA version 2 weeks before the full game release which expires the following monday after the games release.... I bet he knew exactly what it was and is rolling on the floor in the shop laughing because i sounded rather happy about the reward..... c**t.

tommy_v
15-11-2012, 02:19 PM
10 games into the championship season with Leeds and sitting pretty at the top. 7 wins 2 draws and a loss. manager of the month for september and Tom Lees got young player of the month. can say im pretty happy with how things are going so far :)

WolfMan
15-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Nice one tommy_v!
Oh and weston, that post made me piss. Can imagine old mate at the games store doing the same, as you described. Poor bloke, ahhh well the game will soothe your soul

Grimario
15-11-2012, 04:11 PM
every game i get deans in my ear telling me that the players can't get motivated with jobe as captain, and he's not doing anything great so i'm thinking of dropping him & putting kanta as my captain (bridges reckons either kanta or himself should be captain).

It's because Wheelhouse is proper shit in the game. Zadko is worse as well, I think. They were both dropped instantly for me, no time for sentiment when you are planning to win the ACL.

Buddha
15-11-2012, 04:15 PM
It's because Wheelhouse is proper shit in the game. Zadko is worse as well, I think. They were both dropped instantly for me, no time for sentiment when you are planning to win the ACL.
I have him playing as Deep Lying Playmaker and he's one of the best performers in my team?

Grimario
15-11-2012, 04:27 PM
I have him playing as Deep Lying Playmaker and he's one of the best performers in my team?

He couldn't get a starting role ahead of Cooper, Brown, Kanta, Brillante or Grossman (who I brought in) in my game. Might have random stats.

Buddha
15-11-2012, 04:41 PM
He couldn't get a starting role ahead of Cooper, Brown, Kanta, Brillante or Grossman (who I brought in) in my game. Might have random stats.
I play him with brown and grella/gunnarsson/kanta behind them and he bosses

weston
15-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Played my first trial.... intra club friendly. Finished 1-1 after Birghitti chested the ball instead of catching it and Heskey equalised through a penalty.... lots of work to do.... i played 4-1-3-2.

Grimario
15-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Going to start again after patch. Turns out one of the bugs I encountered is only "fixed" in new saves so has carried over.

Never mind. Turns out the offer I accepted that I thought was because of a clause was because Tinkler came in and accepted it.

Chapman gone to HJK for £1m :(

Grimario
15-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Tinks is going on a spree.

Accepted an offer for Birra, off to Empoli for £375k.
Accepted an offer for Goodwin, off to Queen of the South for £80k.

Grimario
15-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Spree is over.

Transfer embargo enforced.

Takeover complete. Ray Baartz is new chairman of Newcastle Jerks and decided not to replace me.

WolfMan
15-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Baartzy's got it all, for sure...

Grimario
15-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Awful.

Loved it :gent:

tommy_v
15-11-2012, 11:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ejbuZo3Uoo&feature=plcp

hard to see but its a long ball up to Becchio on halfway who then heads it back to.....Ipswich striker Murphy who eases past the keeper and scores...ummm what?

Grimario
15-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Change to 1080p for your uploads :gent:

Leeds, bunch of noobs!

weston
16-11-2012, 01:32 PM
I finished my pre-season off better with all wins against Valentine (5-1), Toronto (5-0), South Coast Wolves (2-0) though was beaten by Apia (1-0). I had enough of pre-season by that point so Deans took charge of the final 2 pre-season games drawing both, Sutherland Sharks and Blacktown City FC (both 0-0).

First game in charge against Adelaide and i set up the side with a 4-2-3-1 formation. Unfortunately this formation does not leave room for both Griffiths and Heskey. Heskey starts with Griffiths on the bench. The opening stages are pretty tame with the Jets keeping most of the ball but doing nothing with it. In th 15th minute after passing the ball around for a little while Goodwin passes the ball to Ritter who is standing on the sidelines halfway between the 18 yard box and halfway. For some unknown reason he lays the boot into the ball towards goal, as it's floating through the air toward Galekoevic, Heskey starts sprinting towards him, which i think scares the shit out of him as Ritter's ball gets into the back of the net and Jets take the lead to what is described as a "Bizzare Goal".

Jets rap up the points in the 32nd minutes when a through ball is played through to "Mr Pace" himself, Heskey, and he runs away and fires home . The match ends 2-0 though could and probably should of been different if it wasn't for Birighitti in goals.

Good start, i can only see it getting better once my only signing of the pre-season is match fit, Vince Grella, who helped the Youths to a 2-0 victory. I'm enjoying this game so far. I can already see its better than FM12.

WolfMan
16-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Cool!

So Heskey is in the game as a Jets player from the off? Nice!

WolfMan
19-11-2012, 07:15 PM
LATEST FM Career Blog entry - “Onward We March” - http://t.co/401TkAgd

pv4
19-11-2012, 07:22 PM
signed joel griffiths as australian marquee in preseason. scored twice on debut v some sydney state league team. brown scored a shot-cross from the sideline also.

went into the season - had a 3-3 draw with adelaide (vidosic scored a hattrick), a 3-0 win v sydney (with two griff disallowed goals aswell!) and a 2-0 loss to ccm (sterjovski at the double). so i'm all over the place now.

did a bit of contract negotiations, zadkid was being a mega pest with ott wage demands. decided to leave him out of the squad as he's been well shit, and he left through mutual agreement.

have signed devon hodges, jamaican international striker & had scored 11 in 11 at thai club level. got red carded in the coast game after coming on for heskey.

so all over the place!!

Grimario
20-11-2012, 10:41 AM
What formation you playing, pv4?

pv4
20-11-2012, 11:08 AM
i vary a bit. as a general rule i play a 4-3-3 as:
--------------biraz---------------
neville--tiago--chapman--ritter
brown/ribeiro--kanta--goodwin
-----griff--heskey--ryu---------

but i change that up sometimes and play 4-1-2-1-2 with griff playing the treq role.

deans keeps telling me my midfield is getting overrun, so i dabble with a 4-2-3-1 at times aswell but find i create no chances with that.

i play either attacking or control, and usually play fluid.

Grimario
20-11-2012, 11:19 AM
If you vary a bit, have you at least got the different formations "saved" under your tactics section under Current/Back Up tactics? If not, they won't get familir with them during match preparation so if you switch it up often enough, they will be heaps disjointed.

Is it all narrow or are Brown and Goodwin playing as wingers? That would explain why Deans says you are getting overrun, means you have Kanta there and that's it. If they are narrow though and your fullbacks are giving width, the solution is simple... DEANS OUT.

pv4
20-11-2012, 11:31 AM
yep have 3 saved formations (4-3-3, 4-1-2-1-2, 4-2-3-1).

looks like deans out.

Grimario
20-11-2012, 11:33 AM
4-1-2-1-2 has done the business for me since day 0. Kanta as Anchor (and captain, somehow), Brown and someone else in MC, Griff played Trequartista behind Heskey (Target Man) and Ryu (ADF, I think).

pv4
20-11-2012, 11:40 AM
might force the issue of it a bit more. what style (attacking/control/fluid/rigid) and shouts do you roll with?

Grimario
20-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Control/Very Fluid/Short Passing/Patient Build Up/Very Expressive or something like that for the team instructions you select in the tactic creation

Work ball into box, Retain Possession, Look for Overlap, Harrass Opponents, Stay on Feet and one more that I can't think of... but I know I have 6 total in my standard shout.

Finished work, other one is "Play Out of Defence"

tommy_v
20-11-2012, 05:11 PM
4-2-3-1 with wing backs and narrow AM's works for me.
i look for midfielders who rate well in tackling, marking, passing and positioning (may be something to look in to)
also control at home and standard away

Grimario
21-11-2012, 11:39 AM
I've won 4 seasons in a row, some by fairly tight margins and some with a few games to spare.

Not sure what I've done differently this season but 8 games in to the 5th season, I am scoring nearly 4 a game (including an 8-0 away win) and have kept 6 clean sheets. I've got mostly the same squad as last season but with a different GK... perhaps that one extra year older for my Jerks Yoof is really paying dividends.

Time for me to move on, I think. No longer a challenge.

Bremsstrahlung
22-11-2012, 03:38 PM
*FM2011 (My first attempt failed, and killed any motivation to buy it (edit:2013), decided to give it another go and am enjoying it a little bit more. I don't know what's different but i seem to be flying through the season this time :S)

Anywho, Played 15 Games. (4 pre-season, 11 competition). Undefeated thus far. Though, I've won 5 games. 10 draws. I seem to have 2 common occurances, take the lead early, concede late. Concede early, equalise early and then dominate but fail to score.

Young, Ljubo, Elrich, Jesic dominating.
Kennedy, Wehrman (after scoring 3 goals in pre-season) and NTS are struggling.
Kanta seems like he's constantly travelling, ffs.

WolfMan
22-11-2012, 07:07 PM
FRESH FM Career Blog entry - “First Past the Post” - http://t.co/4aLVFiTr

Won League 1 with Leyton Orient, on to the Championship!

Grimario
22-11-2012, 09:11 PM
http://www.digitalspy.com.au/gaming/news/a439878/football-manager-player-lands-managerial-job-in-azerbaijan.html

There is hope for me yet!

militiamon
22-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Bought it a couple of days ago, struggling to get back into it tbh. It's been a couple of years since I played and I don't know if I'm a fan of the new UI/menus, everything is kind of weird. Took me a while to figure out where to even find the player/staff scouting. Who bothers to move that shit from where it was?

Also struggling with tactics. Went with Grimario's super tactic (which is similar to what I used to play) but getting frustrated with how direct erryone is playing (R Griff running at goal from 50 m out, having solo shots from 30 m out). Might need some tweaking.

The Jets team is honking to as others have mentioned, not a fan of it at all. I hate how poorly Wheelhouse + Zad are rated, really kills the midfield when you have to rely on them and they are like 1-2 stars.

Most annoyed by the staff though. In the past it was easy to find randoms with good stats and bring them in, look like a super manager etc. Now I can't find anyone: scouts, assistants, youth managers, physios, they all have less than 10 in the key areas.

q-money
22-11-2012, 11:50 PM
The Jets team is honking to as others have mentioned, not a fan of it at all. I hate how poorly Wheelhouse + Zad are rated, really kills the midfield when you have to rely on them and they are like 1-2 stars.
just like real life huh chief

Most annoyed by the staff though. In the past it was easy to find randoms with good stats and bring them in, look like a super manager etc. Now I can't find anyone: scouts, assistants, youth managers, physios, they all have less than 10 in the key areas.
bring in ando

or maybe some hot chix

militiamon
22-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Slow Thursday night ey

Just lost 2-0 to CCM, fxxk this game I'm outta here.

q-money
23-11-2012, 12:13 AM
time to quit imo, start playing farm simulator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

pv4
23-11-2012, 07:56 AM

:lulz:

militiamon
23-11-2012, 01:51 PM
I didn't end up quitting when I said I did, kept playing till 2 am. The next game I won, then proceeded to sign Griff. Brought Griff on as a sub in his first game, scored within 5 mins and changed my season. Must have at least 3 goals in 4 games since I got him, and I went from last place to like 3rd :cool:

time to quit imo, start playing farm simulator

This is what inspired me to become a farmer irl. Must say though, way less pussy than this video makes out.

pv4
23-11-2012, 11:35 PM
still getting varying results. went down 0-2 at home to victory, with Archie having 3 disallowed goals, but followed that up with 0-1 win @ Perth.

ryu hits the post/crossbar at least twice a game.

tommy_v
23-11-2012, 11:59 PM
anyone know how you can convince the board to let you get another coach in. whenever i try talk to them its not an option. in desperate need of a defence coach

boz-monaut
24-11-2012, 12:05 AM
why for farm simulator videos so funny?

I blame all these beers

pv4
30-11-2012, 10:16 PM
still getting pretty inconsistent results. best Wellington 3-2 @ home, was 3-0 up in 82nd min. then backed that up with a 3-1 loss away to heart, and a 2-2 draw at home with the gypos.

there seems to be at least 3 injuries per game - at least two to me & one or two to opposition. Neville is out for 2-3 months, a few others are a week or two. is that normal to get so many injuries?

WolfMan
01-12-2012, 08:45 AM
there seems to be at least 3 injuries per game - at least two to me & one or two to opposition. Neville is out for 2-3 months, a few others are a week or two. is that normal to get so many injuries?

Not usually that many per game. Not unusual to have injuries through the season, but 3 per match is a bit much.

What are your training levels like? Too high can lead to more frequent injuries either in training itself, or matches as you are experiencing.

I run a high intensity "Pre-Season" schedule, which is only strength and aerobic (except the GK's, they remain on their own GK schedule throughout), and then switch to my regular schedules incorporating the other skills as applicable to each position. I run those at a more normal intensity to hopefully avoid a glut of injuries.

Hope this helps

halo se7en
02-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Heskey keeps getting injured for 4-5 weeks within 15mins of him getting on the pitch
(it's happened three times)… I'd bought Bruno Cazarine as an early season backup and now he's scored 15 in 13 matches… Pity my team still blows and I'm coming last lol

WolfMan
02-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Heskey keeps getting injured for 4-5 weeks within 15mins of him getting on the pitch
(it's happened three times)… I'd bought Bruno Cazarine as an early season backup and now he's scored 15 in 13 matches… Pity my team still blows and I'm coming last lol

How quickly are you throwing him back in the side when he has recovered from injury? I know it's hard in the A-League as there is no reserve squad so to speak, but try to have them training for a while before involving them in match action (just my opinion/strategy)

There is also the fact that some players are injury prone - I am currently trying to offload a talented young midfielder who just keeps getting injured. Good player, but not worth the trouble to be fair.

goaliepersempre
06-12-2012, 10:36 AM
more updates? how are you going PV4... Im still running 2011. Might go a few more seasons then get new FM. Or worth just swapping over now?... there is no way to like copy over credentials etc from previous version FM?

Grimario
06-12-2012, 10:46 AM
I just finished my Jets career with 5 league and final wins on the trot, bunch of ACL and a CWC win. Stuck myself on holiday, "apply for bottom division jobs" and within a week was offered a Ligue National job in France. Huzzah.

tommy_v
13-12-2012, 02:36 PM
so 10 games left in the season and im 2 points from automatic promotion place. in the last week and a half i have had 5 of my starting XI ruled out injured for between 2 weeks and 3 months. this game can really drive you insane!

oh and i lost in injury time to the team coming last to top it off

pv4
13-12-2012, 02:47 PM
have had no time to play the last week or so. plus the mass amount of injuries i was getting drove me nuts. surely it's irregular for a fm game to have so many injuries - i've been reading online that this years version has been worse than any other. it's been ridiculous.

Grimario
15-12-2012, 01:02 PM
I think it might be because they destroyed the training. It's so dumbed down now that it hurts.

goaliepersempre
17-12-2012, 07:47 AM
German Cup Winner 3 times in a row, 4th in the League. Not bad for a club that has little to no wage budget compared to your munich levekusen etc

goaliepersempre
21-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Offseason, Bloody big clubs start wanting to raid my good young players tell em where to go. Only for the chairman to go and sell 1 of them. (thankfully not the one I want to build the club around)

First trial game 3 big injuries... rookie error did have them on right training I think. But have some good coverage.

Might go another couple of seasons on this and then swap over to 2013... I have about a 1 year old laptop should run 2013 alright?

weston
25-12-2012, 12:00 AM
I started a game as the Australian coach to see how i go. Qualified for the World Cup in 1st place, only dropped points against Iran which i lost 1-0. Though putting a weakened (though not extremely weakened) side out against Thailand nearly threw away top spot in the end as i only scraped past them 2-1. After that i beat Turkey 3-2 in a friendly and was defeated by Spain, Brazil, Bulgaria, Argentina & Slovakia. I managed a draw against Switzerland before beating Santos (organised a friendly with them). On my last friendly before the World Cup i got beat by Ecuador.

I was drawn in Group F against Chile, Germany and South Africa.

Vs Chile.
Didn't exactly go to plan. Was hoping to try snatch a draw in this one. The 7-1 smacking i copped didn't exactly do me any favours. Bresciano with the goal.

Vs Germany.
Better performance. Was still in the game in the 80th minute 2-1. Pushed in the last ten for a goal and conceded on the counter. Final result 3-1. Cahil scored with a penalty, also missed one.

Vs South Africa.
Not a good start being down 1-0 within 25 seconds of kick off. By 20 minutes in though and the aussies were sitting pretty at 4-1. A hat trick from Mphela didn't help South Africa as i finished the game 5-3 victors though the only thing that stopped my team from showing the world how to throw a 4 goal lead was the lack of fiishing from South Africa. Thwaite got 2 goals, Bresciano 2 goals and Cahill.

With an average age squad of 29 i probably shouldn't of expected to much. 90% of this squad have played their last game for Australia.

Argentina beat Brazil in the final 3-0 with Italy beating Belgium in the 3rd place playoff. Tim Cahill and Eugene Galekovic retire from international football and looks like i have kept my job though the board are very dissapointed.

northern_swan
26-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Anyone used the iPad version? Was considering purchasing, but wanted some feedback.

Buddha
26-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Got offered the Bayern, Chelsea, Man U jobs after 2 seasons

Stuck with Villa and took Australia job too.....

Grimario
27-12-2012, 10:26 AM
www.greenmangaming.com
$19.99 RRP
Use the code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 = $14.00 WIN!

If you haven't already got it, no excuse now... $14 is cheaper than I think you can buy FM2012 for right now.

Jeterpool
28-12-2012, 07:24 PM
www.greenmangaming.com
$19.99 RRP
Use the code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 = $14.00 WIN!

If you haven't already got it, no excuse now... $14 is cheaper than I think you can buy FM2012 for right now.

Gone back up to $39 now. $28 with discount

Grimario
31-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Jerks just did the double with Jim Magilton in charge. Jesic and Pepper scored the goals. Jesic got the Joe Marston medal. Something definitely wrong about the game... Jerks scored most and conceded least goals in the league as well. WTF.

Grimario
17-05-2013, 08:12 AM
So, dusted off FM, haven't played in a while. Checked in on the Jerks.

Griff is still clubs leading goal scorer AND NOW THE MANAGER. :fap:

Kantarovski is Australian Marquee, BK has 243 appearances and now leads the appearances for the club.
Club made a record signing in bringing Million Butshiire for nearly half a million and he has gone on to score 26 goals for the club in 5 seasons. Typical Jets prolific scorer there. He only JUST overtook Scott Neville as the leading goal scorer STILL PLAYING for the club with 25 goals.
Chapman, Bernardo, Remington, Pepper, Virgili, Brillante all still with the club... and they just signed a 33 year old Leijer.

Have only finished in the top 6 TWICE, once when they won the final (previous post) and last year, Griffs first in charge.

joel31
17-05-2013, 12:16 PM
I won 5 regular seasons in a row in 5 seasons with 3 grand final wins and one ACL. Brought in Joel before he retired

goaliepersempre
18-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Just won with Gladbach the treble of German Title, German Cup and Champions League. Back to back german titles. Season 2019-20

Grimario
09-07-2013, 02:03 PM
In the 2022/23 season, current real life Perth based lower league player (I think...), Andre Sarpe, becomes a Jets legend taking the club to its FIRST EVER A-LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP :lulzturtle:

17 wins, 6 draws, 4 losses. 50 goals scored.
Regen striker gets golden boot with 19 goals.
Danilo Spasojevic (currently playing on Serbia in real life, I think) played a pivotal role with 10 goals as well.
Captain Kantarovski left for a big money deal in January but not before accumulating 311 appearances for the club and 74 caps for Australia.
Chapman and Brillante both still with the club, approaching or just over 200 appearances each.
Club currently has THREE Australian internationals (and they aren't shit).

First time winning the championship and only the third time in this game that they have even qualified for the finals.

Grimario
09-07-2013, 05:35 PM
:happytears:

And he's done it. Gone on to CRUSH the scum 3-0 in the Grand Final. Andre Sarpe, true newy legend.

joel31
15-08-2013, 06:31 AM
FM14 (www.footballmanager.com) has been announced today

BodyNovo
16-08-2013, 08:19 AM
LFC marshalls transfer updates usually keep me going on fm until the release of the new game

currently in third season with Norwich

leroy fer is a gun that's all I will say

Grimario
27-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Haven't done an FM update in ages...

Currently in 2025 at Club Universitario de Deportes in the Peruvian First Division. Have finished top of the league in my first attempt and am going to the finals. No idea what that is just yet, first season here.

Quick history...

I started doing a Pentagon Challenge (thought I had posted about it in here, tbh) that involves doing the continental champions league in all 5 continents starting as a Sunday League rep, unemployed manager.

I started my career in the South Korean National League with Chungju Hummel. First season was pretty simple, a bunch of free transfers and a few loans were enough to get me up into the K-League. Qualified for the Asian Champions League in my second season by virtue of being runner up in the cup to the K-League winners. Didn't make it out of the group stages. Won the Korean FA Cup in my 2nd season in K-League and qualified for the CL again... and in 2015 did the treble, FA Cup, K-League and ACL. 4 years in Asia = success. Did not extend my contract and left for a new challenge.

In late 2015, took over the Republic of Ireland and at the start of 2016 took over mid table Leeds United in the Championship. Had a decent push into the playoffs but struggled with injuries over the last 3 months of the season and fell down to 10th. The next season after a few decent signings and keeping hold of my good players pushed on to win the Championship with 2 games in hand. In 2017/18 I finished 8th but won the League Cup and left Republic of Ireland (with zero trophies) to take over Argentina. Won the Copa America in 2019 and finished 4th with Leeds to have my first crack at the Champions League. Was not successful. Finished 3rd and failed again in 2020. Finished 2nd and won the Champions League in 2021 :lulzturtle: Was annoyed at Man Utd who won the league a ridiculous 8 seasons in a row so I hung around there after my European success to take the title from them. 2nd by 2 points in 2022, 2nd by an absurd 8 points (despite being 2 points better than previous season) but finally winning it in 2023/24 season by 3 points over United. :sparring: 8 years in Europe = success.

After winning the Copa America, I decided to go for a different challenge in national teams as well... and took over India after having signed a hotly rated Indian striker to the first team at Leeds. Won the Asian Nations Challenge Cup and qualified for the 2023 Asian Cup (where I only got a point). Based on results from that same tournament... I took the Australian job from Ian Crook after he lost to Singapore, South Korea and Syria, not registering a point. Have since won the 2023 East Asian Cup, qualified for the 2026 World Cup, won the 2025 East Asian Cup and well on track to qualify for the next Asian Cup as well.

Resigned and went hunting for work in South America and accepted a job offer from newly promoted Mexican Promotion League relegation fodder, Tampico Madero. The only blemish on my illustrious career. Could NOT buy a win, got sacked after 7 months. :(

Hunted for work again and took over at Universitario where their manager had been given the boot after failing to get a point in the group stages of Copa Libertadores with the club languishing in mid table. Have only lost twice since taking over so here is hoping that I can add some South American continental success to my regime before moving to North America or Africa :gent:

Really want to take Leeds back over, Moyes is in charge and has DESTROYED my team. My AMC was reigning Ballon d'Or recipient... and he sold him for £20m to Barcelona. I had two of the best strikers in the world and a youngster who was growing in to a world class striker... and he is playing a single target man up front, sold my youngster to someone with one of the stars on the bench :(

Think I might finish my career (in many years time) with the Jerks. The current manager would be a god if it was the real world - won the league and GF (beating second place Gypos in the final) and has finished 2nd in the league the two following years but lost in both grand finals (penalties to WSW, 1-2 to MH).

Grimario
27-08-2013, 03:34 PM
And have just been drawn with Italy, Uruguay and New Zealand in the World Cup. What a group.

joel31
13-09-2013, 10:16 AM
And have just been drawn with Italy, Uruguay and New Zealand in the World Cup. What a group.
On FM10 i was drawn with Chile, Spain and Mexico

joel31
17-10-2013, 10:11 AM
The FM14 beta is out today, the full version is out in 2 weeks. Does anyone else have it?
The Jets are crap but thats real life i guess.

Grimario
17-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Nah, not yet. Will definitely get it but I want to finish this damn pentagon challenge in 2013. Longest game I've had since around 2005, I reckon.

Grimario
17-10-2013, 10:38 AM

Lost 1-0 to Italy, beat NZ 2-0 and beat Uruguay 2-1 :cool:

Beat England on penalties then lost to Netherlands in the QF.

That was a season and a half ago... since then, I have won the Asian Nations Cup, the first manager to do it in this game. Only real players left in the team are Dean Bouzanis, Julius Davis and Jackson Irvine... and only because my two preferred midfielders were out.

joel31
17-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Nah, not yet. Will definitely get it but I want to finish this damn pentagon challenge in 2013. Longest game I've had since around 2005, I reckon.
Which continents do you have to go?

Grimario
17-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Which continents do you have to go?

I've only done Asia and Europe :( Still North and South America and Africa to go.

Got knocked out by Boca with Universitario. Not sure if I can win the South American leg with the Peruvian best, my best player wouldn't make it onto the bench of Boca and they have players whose individual salaries are significantly more than my entire salary.

Grimario
20-10-2013, 10:39 PM
www.greenmangaming.com

Use code GMG25-GRV7N-YY833 at check out for 25% off

$37.50 which is cheaper than FM2013 has been for the last 12 months with the exception of one weekend sale in June just gone.

I succumbed and pre-ordered, playing beta now. Feels slick compared to FM2013, lots of nice little changes, particularly around tactical set up.

goaliepersempre
21-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Yeah will skip 2013 and go to 2014. Still loving my gladbach team at the moment.

8 games into new season (2020-21) undefeated.... Comfortable in champos group stage. Have Switzerland ranked number 5 in the world and currently 1 point behind top spot in World Cup quali

Grimario
21-10-2013, 10:59 AM
So in the beta I have started a game with the Jerks. It's pretty horrendously set up... half of the youth squad aren't even signed so bugger all depth outside your 23 man squad. Released Bridges (50k well spent), Regz and canned Burns loan - he is absolutely horrendous in this game.

Sent Oxborrow and Cooper out on loan to feeder club because they take up spots in the 23 and I needed to sign a few players.

Picked up a French winger called Olivier Cassan - in 9 games has 8 goals and 4 assists. Gun. Also picked up a Georgian left back called Amiran Sanaia, massive improvement on Gallaway.

Picked up Chris Triantis and Andreas Govas on short term deals to give me more depth.

Bad news - RubeZ is still shit. Based on the fact that Emerton has attributes good enough to be an EPL mid table regular, I am guessing one of the Australian researches is a SFC fan. Birraz is garbage (but has potential) as well so BK is starting. Regs also not remotely close to 4th best DC, Kanta even as secondary position is better than him. Also, see above re Burns.

Good news - Mitchell is fantastic. Better than Chapman so Aliens and Mitchell starting pair. Neville also really good. Kanta one of the best in the team as well so playing DM Anchor and vice captain. Caravella and Brown central mid pairing with Zenon captain and Frenchie and Goodwin as AMRL with Heskey up top = results.

9 games in, 6-1-2. Drew opening game against SFC, lost away to Adelaide and SFC second time around.

My old tactic of 4-1-2-1-2 got torn to pieces in my first attempt. Appears that having some width pays dividends.

joel31
21-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Yes burns is shocking but how he played last to games it is almost fair. I'm beginning to be the Jets researcher this week so i will fix up the Jets attributes. Any suggestions you can always post here or on the si forum (my username is soccer.joel).
I will post up my team and tactic from my first season in which i came 4th later

joel31
21-10-2013, 11:41 AM
My old tactic of 4-1-2-1-2 got torn to pieces in my first attempt. Appears that having some width pays dividends.
I played a tactic without wingers. I used Neville and an import as wingbacks for width. I'll post it later

BodyNovo
21-10-2013, 11:47 AM
have succumbed and pre-ordered.

will begin playing tonight when i get home.

Grimario
21-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Yes burns is shocking but how he played last to games it is almost fair. I'm beginning to be the Jets researcher this week so i will fix up the Jets attributes. Any suggestions you can always post here or on the si forum (my username is soccer.joel).
I will post up my team and tactic from my first season in which i came 4th later

Mine is the surprisingly named "Grimario" which you have responded to a few times :P

Highlight of the game so far... all staff agreed to cost free mutual terminations. Whoo.

joel31
21-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Heres how I went in my first season
http://puu.sh/4Vqgo.jpg
http://puu.sh/4Vqhv.jpg
Only made a few signings. Toski (german left back), Barcena (Uruguayan / aussie keeper) and Ferreirra (was released by Adelaide)
Here was my main tactic. I also used a 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1
http://puu.sh/4Vqio.jpg

Grimario
21-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Barcena is great but he signed for the scum in my game so I despise him now.

I am 5 points clear in February. Scored the most goals of all clubs (33), conceded just 1 more than Wanders (18 vs 19) and 12-2-3 record.

Heskey just hit his 10th goal to go with his 6 assists but the star is still my right winger who has 11 goals and 8 assists in 17 starts.

joel31
21-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Whats your policy on signing ex-scum?

Grimario
21-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Reckon they would have to be some special talent to ever grace the pitch at Hunter Stadium in home colours.

goaliepersempre
22-10-2013, 02:56 AM
no idea with graphics cards I think I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M is this good enough for 2014?

joel31
22-10-2013, 07:31 AM
no idea with graphics cards I think I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M is this good enough for 2014?
Should be fine

Multiple Scorgasms
22-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Cheapest Place to buy?

joel31
22-10-2013, 11:11 AM
www.greenmangaming.com

$37.50 which is cheaper than FM2013 has been for the last 12 months with the exception of one weekend sale in June just gone.

I succumbed and pre-ordered, playing beta now. Feels slick compared to FM2013, lots of nice little changes, particularly around tactical set up.
This

Grimario
22-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Finished regular season, won the league by stupidly large margin.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Grimario/NJTable_zps2e62bdcb.jpg

Played 41DM221 most of the time, dropping back to a 41DM41 when away against quality, defending a big lead or the occasional injury/send off.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Grimario/NJTactics_zpsee60063d.jpg

Heskey won golden boot with 16 in 22 and won player of the year.
Cassan finished second in the golden boot with 13 and was part of the PFA team of the year along with Heskey.

Have managed to re-sign everyone that I wanted to keep and Pepper somehow got approached by Auckland City who I was more than happy to sell him for £125k :lulzturtle: They also came in for BK but only offered me £60k so, despite me wanting to make Birraz #1 next year, I didn't take that paltry sum. Hopefully can get rid of BK for over £100k.

Won't be re-signing Jaliens, starting to decline and think I can get a decent enough DC with less wages. Plus Mitchell isn't garbage (yet), so he can always start with Chapman just meaning I need some youth to back them up.

joel31
22-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Nice season

Grimario
22-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Won the GF 3-2 over Adelaide with French winger double and an OG.

Scott Neville is so good in game that he is off to the world cup.

joel31
22-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Won the GF 3-2 over Adelaide with French winger double and an OG.

Scott Neville is so good in game that he is off to the world cup.
I had Taggart get into the World Cup squad after scoring over 10 goals in the A-League season
I had another player in the squad, can't quite remember who

weston
22-10-2013, 05:05 PM
waiting for my pay, so will buy it once I do which will be any minute now... May not be able to play till tomorrow though coz I start at 4am :(

weston
22-10-2013, 05:38 PM
www.greenmangaming.com

Went to do this, signed up etc. Click on FM2014, buy now, says added to basket, asks me to keep shopping or check out, go to check out and it says there is nothing in my basket? Does it every time. Says it is in my basket buy as soon as I click checkout it goes to the checkout screen and says its empty???

Grimario
22-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Have you signed in? I had to sign in before it would recognise it as being in my basket.

weston
22-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Have you signed in? I had to sign in before it would recognise it as being in my basket.

Says I am. I'll sign out than in see if it changes.

edit. Nope, still same. Do I have to add funds before I order or something? Whats GMG credit?

edit. got it working

Grimario
23-10-2013, 07:11 AM
What a coup.

Newcastle Jets are proud to welcome Mark Schwarzer to the #1 spot for season 2 of my reign.

Grimario
23-10-2013, 07:56 AM
And Chris Herd, why not.

Grimario
31-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Clearly forum was waiting for the full release of FM 2014 before it came back up.

joel31
14-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Since the forum was down I played a second season with the Jets winning the league before losing the GF on penalties to Sydney

I then started a career with Australia. I was quarter finalists at the world cup and 2nd at the Asian Cup. I decided to write it up. You can read about it here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/370518-FM14-Carrying-the-hope-of-a-Nation.-Quest-for-World-Cup-Glory

Grimario
15-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Started a new unemployed game when full release came out. Currently on a roller coaster adventure with Caldas in Portugal. Have taken them to the top flight in 3 seasons but struggling thus far.

In Jets news...

GVE leaves at the end of the season, now at SFC.
In comes Lino Sattin... who, as far as I can tell, has this as his first gig. Former player with Adelaide Blue Eagles but nothing else I can see. Has taken the club to 5th and 3rd place finishes. Penalty loss in Eliminational final against scum then 3-2 win against Perth/3-2 lost against Nix the season after.

Signings thus far...

Anthony Seric - one of the lost to Croatia players. Left back, retired in game now but looked a good signing based on stats
Andy Rose - £8.5k from Seattle. Australian born, English raised, USA college educated midfielder. Have only heard of him because of the OS Aussies site.
Alex Rafael - some Brazilian striker who isn't rubbish. 13 goals in first season.
Dino Djulbic - DC, straight into starting line up next to Regan. Only played half a season so far.
Mate Dugandzic - AMR, straight in. Half season as well.
Jamie Young - Aussie born, English raised GK. Less than inspiring sounding replacement for Birraz. Currently playing Conference South IRL.

Goneskis
Pepper - released and retired
BK - back up at Sydney under GVE
Neville - signed for Wigan, £300k. Helped them get promoted back to the EPL and then deemed surplus to requirements. Season out on loan with MK Dons. Wigan coming last in EPL. GG.
Heskey - retired
Virgili - released, currently without a club
Oxborrow - season long loan with Dunfermline in Scottish Championship
Goodwin - £500k to Blackburn in Championship. Starting AML, also played 4 times for Australia
Birraz - £170k to Citadella in Serie B. #1 but team is awful, almost certain relegation.

Chapman and Taggart are both Socceroo regulars. Chapman isn't even a Jets regular. Was before Djulbic signed but is now third choice behind Regan and Dino.

Blackmac79
25-11-2013, 05:26 PM
So have just bought FM14.

looking forward to it. Will post when something worth posting happens.

Should say I have been a FM'er since '08. So we will see how we go. My love for mid-table though has always made my stories pretty boring for others.

weston
26-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Just finished my first season with the Jets. Just scraped into the finals finishing 6th. Was eliminated at the first hurdle in the finals series thanks to Sydney FC.

With 3 games to go in the season, Tinks gave the club a massive cash injection ($4.4m I think it was) and it boosted my transfer kitty from $12k to $1.4m so I am going to do some shopping in the off season.

bigdan
27-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Anyone get the mobile version? I've downloaded it for my Nexus and it works a treat. The My Team function is interesting - created a team to replace the gypos and ended up winning the league by a huge margin and took their ACL spot!

joel31
27-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Mobile version is crap compared to PC so I don't play it

bigdan
27-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Mobile version is crap compared to PC so I don't play it

For mobile gaming it's decent. It'll never really compare to the full blown version, that I do agree with, but I don't think it's too bad.

Blackmac79
27-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Anyone else's fans have a fondness for flares?

I just clicked "pick a team for me" and got shamrock rovers.

Only loaded European leagues, all bar Belarus and a couple of other eastern nothings.

Doing ok. Started the game on England start date (July 2013), which is half way through the 2014 Irish premier league season. Was in second now first with a 4-2-2-2. Made some free transfers and get Rid of one player for 10k hoping I can do ok in Europe next season to go from semi-pro to professional, but can't afford it at the moment.

Grimario
27-11-2013, 10:11 PM
My fans love flares, Portuguese ultras, clearly.

joel31
28-11-2013, 06:47 AM
I've only managed in the A-League and internationally thus far but have noticed similar flare levels to FM13.

By 4-2-2-2 do you mean 2DM's 2 CM's, 2CM's 2 Wingers or something else?

Grimario
28-11-2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-discussion/149205-football-manager-14-update-14-1-4-released.html

Patch 14.1.4 has been released.

bigdan
29-11-2013, 02:25 PM
I've only managed in the A-League and internationally thus far but have noticed similar flare levels to FM13.

By 4-2-2-2 do you mean 2DM's 2 CM's, 2CM's 2 Wingers or something else?

Depends on how far back you have your CM's - whether you have them deep lying, becoming DMs and your LM and RM at normal positions, or have the CMs at the normal spot and LM and RMs become wingers. Or you have 2 DMs and 2 wingers and leave a huge hole.

Personally, I alternate between 4-4-2 diamond or a 1-3-1-2-1-2.

Grimario
28-12-2013, 06:57 PM
GMG is having FM 2014 for $24 and with 7HZCA-EDBPW-WPX8X, the price is now $20.

joel31
28-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Hows your save going Grimario?

Grimario
28-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Hows your save going Grimario?

2020, into the Champions League with Caldas having won the Portuguese top flight last year. Not sure I can complete the pentagon challenge with this club, so likely moving at the end of this season despite quite liking the squad I am slowly assembling.

Picked up a left winger from the coastie scum labelled "The next Harry Kewell". True to form, he has spent half his career with me thus far injured :(

joel31
28-12-2013, 08:08 PM
2020, into the Champions League with Caldas having won the Portuguese top flight last year. Not sure I can complete the pentagon challenge with this club, so likely moving at the end of this season despite quite liking the squad I am slowly assembling.

Picked up a left winger from the coastie scum labelled "The next Harry Kewell". True to form, he has spent half his career with me thus far injured :(
No one from the coast could be as flashy as Kewell. Most likely a dud.

I won the CL with a team I took from lowest Spanish tier on FM13 so keep believing in your side unless u get a much better offer

Grimario
28-12-2013, 08:23 PM
No one from the coast could be as flashy as Kewell. Most likely a dud.

I won the CL with a team I took from lowest Spanish tier on FM13 so keep believing in your side unless u get a much better offer

He's pretty good. 3 caps already at 21.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/505826480306869824/BD3B547CD6AECC0B66C99F82C1AD0435A01A63E3/

joel31
28-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Bit slow for a winger but still good

joel31
28-12-2013, 08:31 PM
In my save with Australia I'm 6 months away from the 2018 World Cup. Got drawn with Holland, Portugal and Mali. I took over the Wanderers and won the league last season as well. GVE is still at Jets (they won the league a few seasons ago). I won the East Asia Cup and AFF Championship but they're nothing tournaments

I'm still writing about it here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/370518-FM14-Carrying-the-hope-of-a-Nation.-Quest-for-World-Cup-Glory

Grimario
28-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Bit slow for a winger but still good

I don't play traditional wingers - mine are all defensive wingers.

joel31
28-12-2013, 08:35 PM
I don't play traditional wingers - mine are all defensive wingers.
fair enough. His mental attributes are great for that age

goaliepersempre
04-01-2014, 05:59 AM
updated to 2014, slowly getting used to it... Had the usual performance of the jets with an 8th position in first season, scored most goals in the league but..... just always conceded with like 10 to go.. 2nd season started well in 3rd.. Just played victree who are place one. first 10 miniutes. Both my left sided players taken out by Nichols. Goodwin broken leg 7-8 months after actually playing really well this season, and my other german left aml lm out for 2 months... Are there any ways to like in current a league injury cover contracts?

Got Joel back on a free, banging in goals and setting them up too...

joel31
05-01-2014, 09:13 PM
In the 2018 World Cup with Australia.
In Group Stage: Beat Holland 1-0, beat Mali 2-1 (with 2nd string), beat Portugal 1-0
I then lost to Argentina 4-3 in an epic 2nd round match

Multiple Scorgasms
16-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Started a career with the Jets as a Sunday League Footballer.

2013/14 Season: Regular Season: 7th, Finals: NA

Newcastle Jets

Pretty poor season, started strong winning my first 6/7 but faded toward the end of season due to lack of depth.

2014/15 Season: Regular Season: 4th, Finals: Preliminary

Newcastle Jets

Started with a clean out of the squads older players (Heskey, Kew, Zads, Boo-urns, BK. Basically the whole squad, brought in a few younger blokes and an older striker by the name of Edu. Quality player. Decent season, started strong and remained well placed in the top 4. Beat the coasties in the qualifying final, but got knocked out on pens by eventual champions Victory.

2015/16 Season: Regular Season: 1st, Finals: Champions

Newcastle Jets

Signed a number of quality regens including German Armin Stumph (18 y.o), right winger 5 stars. Brilliant player. Also signed Rukevetsya and young american cm. Killed the competition.

2016/17 Season: Regular Season: 1st, Finals: Runners Up, Champions League: Semi Finalists

Newcastle Jets

No new signings, kept the same team and system. Happy with the Premiership, but wanted back to back championships.

2017/18 Season: Regular Season: 3rd*, Finals: NA, Champions League Group Stage*

Newcastle Jets

Played four games then got offered a contract at Doncaster Rovers in the Skybet League 1

2017/18 Season: Regular Season: 18th*, Captial One Cup: 2nd Round, FA Cup: 3rd Round, Johnstones: 1st Round

Doncaster Rovers

Got signed mid season, very poor club had no time to build, only singing was Terry Antonis in the January transfer window. two months in charge brough the club from 22nd to 18th but was asked to resign from the chairman.

2018/19 Season: Regular Season: 5th, Captial One Cup: 1st round*, FA Cup: 1st round*

Hull City A.F.C

Got offered a two year deal at Hull who were just relagated from the premiership. I have cleaned out the roster, keeping only the quality players including Tom Huddlestone. Signed Stumpf from the Jets as well Australian Prodigy's Jamie McMaster and Matthew Hill, regens who were at the coasties. All together they cost $10 million. Brought in David Silva and Samir Nasri on free transfers to add experience and also singed 19 y.o Chinese left winger la ni for 2.3 million. Brought in Mark Miller from the Jets for 3.2 million who will be my starting right back.

Have played 5 games this season with 3 wins, one draw and a loss to southampton away. Hoping for PL qulaifaction.

Grimario
28-01-2014, 11:07 AM
I haven't played my PC for almost 3 weeks. I've forgotten my FM players names.

Bremsstrahlung
30-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Downloaded the Handheld Version for a bit of fun. Really enjoying it. Took a bit of getting used to. I still really don't know what i'm doing to win/lose.
Started unemployed with the A-league, Germany, England, France as my 4 (receive updates from these leagues) main databases.

Started off with Brisbane - from 10th, moved them up into 6th for the finals. Won every game and wont he GF. Lead them to a minor premiership the next year with a semi final of the asian champions league. Berisha got injured and we couldn't score goals (may i add the budgets are shit when you start). Got fired then I played ping pong with A-league clubs for 4 years achieving a Minor premiership with Perth and developing a **Youth player at 15yo** there.
Eventually, i took a job with Olympique de Marseille. Bought my **Youth Player** and with their big budget/good team, i finished 2nd. I've now won the league 4 years in a row. my 15 yo from Perth in now worth $94M :). This year I'm going for everything.

For anybody with the handheld game:
A)how do you find it compares to PC?
b) A "billionaire" keeps wanting to invest in my club every 2 months. My transfer budget is now up to $350M :S has this happened to anyone else?

Grimario
04-02-2014, 08:08 PM
For anybody with the handheld game:
A)how do you find it compares to PC?
b) A "billionaire" keeps wanting to invest in my club every 2 months. My transfer budget is now up to $350M :S has this happened to anyone else?

Pirated it, played it briefly then deleted. Absolutely horrible game compared to the real thing.

Bremsstrahlung
06-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Pirated it, played it briefly then deleted. Absolutely horrible game compared to the real thing.

Tried the real thing, but at the time Uni was building up, so i was in a bit of a rush to get through games etc. might give it another crack soon.

joel31
01-03-2014, 08:18 AM
Data update out today meaning Jets have Griff and carney and data should be better as I did all but griff and carney Jets attributes. Feedback would be nice

WolfMan
01-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Oh wow, you're the researcher for FM? That's pretty cool

joel31
01-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Oh wow, you're the researcher for FM? That's pretty cool
yeah. only for the Jets though. As of about October last year

MFKS
01-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Did you get it accurate to reflect the reality as to how shit they really are.

Caravella constantly go round in circles with the ball and in defence knocks over his own defenders???

Bridges does one fancy flick and then coughs it up the next 8 times.

Gallaway completely inept??

Birraz not come for crosses???

joel31
01-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Did you get it accurate to reflect the reality as to how shit they really are.

Caravella constantly go round in circles with the ball and in defence knocks over his own defenders???
Difficult to do but I added a player movement so he dwells on the ball

Bridges does one fancy flick and then coughs it up the next 8 times.
I decreased his dribbling, first touch, etc.

Gallaway completely inept??
Made him a lot worse than he was

Birraz not come for crosses???
I increased his eccentricity and decreased his decisions which shows his erratic decision making at times. I slightly decreased his aerial ability and handling

I also increased Kale's potential and a few other youth players.

The deadline was before I saw that much of Zane as manager so I didn't make him that worse. I also understand that I didn't decrease Heskey as much as I probably should

pv4
01-03-2014, 03:10 PM
What's the go with the injuries on FM? I played it for a bit but the injuries were way too constant, lengthy, etc. I ragequit because of it

Grimario
01-03-2014, 04:17 PM
New game with jets tonight then, woooo.

BodyNovo
05-03-2014, 10:15 AM
followed the trend and started a new game with the jerks

don't know if its happening to people but on the new update every club bar barcelona were offering huge money for chapman, PSG offered 3.5 million

i held onto him on the basis id play him all year and than sell him

sold heskey to celtic for 500k lol

bought erik paartulu, talk me 3 weeks as he wanted to be marquee had to pay overs on his loyalty bonus to leave that spot free, even though i didn't end up buying a new marquee

also got brent macgrath

birraz came under deadline day contact from parma for 2 mil but also held onto him as i didn't have a backup after BK

bk is leaving at the end of the year and i have already lined up redmayne on a free from heart

7 games in i am second

griff, neville and caravella are basically all out for the season, shit physio and fitness coach no doubt has something to do with it

kale bradbury has just made his debut and scored (mfks :))

current start line up is (with there actual position

SK: Biraz
WB: Brillante
BPD: Chapman
BPD: Jaliens/Reegz (they both are rotating)
WB: Carney
DLP: Paartulu (absolute beast)
BWM: Zads
BBM: Kanta
IF: Hoole
ST: Taagz
IF: Goodwin

find playing hoole and goodwin on opposite sides is a killer as brillante and carney are good crossers

Grimario
05-03-2014, 11:55 AM
I didn't get around to starting that game... starting now.

Grimario
05-03-2014, 12:27 PM
My favourite bit about the Jets is that all of the backroom staff are RUBBISH and ALL think they are good enough to walk into any job anywhere so gladly accept mutual termination free of charge.

Deans OUT, Healey IN
Regen scout OUT, 3 blokes all with double your stats IN
Dingle OUT, 2 new physios IN

Almost booted Catlin as well but the replacement GK coach wanted way too much money.