PDA

View Full Version : AFC hosting shennanigans

boz-monaut
19-03-2015, 01:19 PM
two things I've found out recently. that haven't had much press are that the 2019 AFC Asian Cup will be hosted by UAE and that Qatar have been stripped of the 2021 Confederations Cup

apparently the Confed Cup will.still be hosted by a nation in the AFC - which means we could bid for it

Premy
19-03-2015, 01:31 PM
two things I've found out recently. that haven't had much press are that the 2019 AFC Asian Cup will be hosted by UAE and that Qatar have been stripped of the 2021 Confederations Cup

apparently the Confed Cup will.still be hosted by a nation in the AFC - which means we could bid for it

Between us and Japan I believe. Qatar strip because of the heat.

belchardo
19-03-2015, 01:39 PM
had heard about UAE, but not comfeds. interesting.

MFKS
19-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Yep and as if we are getting approval from AFL and NRL to block off 6-8 weeks by commandeering Adelaide Oval MCG Stadium Australia Suncorp etc during the middle of their season for a tourney like this.

They kicked up a huge fuss for the WC bid and the Tards carried on like pork chops as they couldn't have MCG for 2 weeks for the Real Madrid Roma ManCity games.

They won't be wearing this at all. It will not be here MARK MY WORDS

boz-monaut
19-03-2015, 02:34 PM
it's the confed cup, it doesn't take that long and you can do it in two cities

we definitely should be going in for it, the bogan codes can play on in the less developed areas

plague
19-03-2015, 03:36 PM
Am seriously considering going to Asian Cup in UAE.
Reckon it will be a pretty cool experience.

As much as I'd love confed cup here and think we should go for it, I can't see it happening.

From memory does anyone remember how many stadiums they used in Brazil for it?

MFKS
19-03-2015, 03:54 PM

As much as I'd love confed cup here and think we should go for it, I can't see it happening.

Fortaleza
Rio de Janeiro
Belo Horizante
Reciffe
Salvador
BrasÃ*lia

MFKS
19-03-2015, 03:55 PM

When you look into that some more give us an idea on expected costs. Couldn't be ****ed at this point in time looking myself but may be interested later

plague
19-03-2015, 04:05 PM
When you look into that some more give us an idea on expected costs. Couldn't be ****ed at this point in time looking myself but may be interested later

Are you proposing a Member and Plague road trip?

Not sure if planet earth is ready for that.

militiamon
19-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Are you proposing a Member and Plague road trip?

Not sure if planet earth is ready for that.

Oh God, we have to make this happen.
nf.net's odd couple.

plague
19-03-2015, 10:57 PM
I kind of dig the idea of the three host cities being within a 2 hr drive of each other. base yourself in Abu Dhabi or Dubai and get to as many games as you can handle.
You would assume (at this stage) that tickets would be fairly accessible (3 x 60,000 stadiums, 3 x 25,000 stadiums) for most games. it would depend on ticket cost and how much they jack up the hotels.
Long way off but might be a good way to fit a lot of football into a short space of time.

Ive told Mrs Plague that she has to wear a burqua and we cant kiss in public so shes not going. (she wouldnt go anyway, the Jets have poisoned her soul for all eternity).

ToddG NBUnited
20-03-2015, 12:05 AM
I kind of dig the idea of the three host cities being within a 2 hr drive of each other. base yourself in Abu Dhabi or Dubai and get to as many games as you can handle.
You would assume (at this stage) that tickets would be fairly accessible (3 x 60,000 stadiums, 3 x 25,000 stadiums) for most games. it would depend on ticket cost and how much they jack up the hotels.
Long way off but might be a good way to fit a lot of football into a short space of time.

Ive told Mrs Plague that she has to wear a burqua and we cant kiss in public so shes not going. (she wouldnt go anyway, the Jets have poisoned her soul for all eternity).

The UAE is one of the most westernized countries you will go to in the middle east, especially if you go to the Dubai / Emirates Mall your mrs doesn't need to wear anysort of covering. As long as you don't get up to much in public you can pretty do what ever you want in private (or atleast in the nightclub in the Hilton in Abu dhabi, or so i have heard ;)) Dubai and Abu Dhabi are ALOT more fun then if you were to end up in Oman in places like Muscat or Salalah.

plague
20-03-2015, 12:36 AM
The UAE is one of the most westernized countries you will go to in the middle east, especially if you go to the Dubai / Emirates Mall your mrs doesn't need to wear anysort of covering. As long as you don't get up to much in public you can pretty do what ever you want in private (or atleast in the nightclub in the Hilton in Abu dhabi, or so i have heard ;)) Dubai and Abu Dhabi are ALOT more fun then if you were to end up in Oman in places like Muscat or Salalah.

Yeah well maybe we should all keep this away from Mrs Plague.
What she doesn't know won't hurt her.

MFKS
20-03-2015, 07:14 AM

I am pretty certain Plague's Credit Card and Bank Account Balance could do with out the hammering of taking his missus to a shopping mecca where there is **** all else for her to do whilst he goes and watches football and gets on the mid strength beer*

( *As beer companies sponsor FIFA/AFC you can bet your arse their product will be available)

plague
20-03-2015, 07:27 AM
I am pretty certain Plague's Credit Card and Bank Account Balance could do with out the hammering of taking his missus to a shopping mecca where there is **** all else for her to do whilst he goes and watches football and gets on the mid strength beer*

( *As beer companies sponsor FIFA/AFC you can bet your arse their product will be available)

Mrs Plague earns more than me so any shopping trip will be on her dime anyway.
I love our equal opportunity society.

She has no desire to go to the UAE anyway, so is more than happy to sit this one out.