PDA

View Full Version : 2012/13 pre season

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hamma12
22-06-2012, 11:41 PM
As the title indicates.Post any friendlies the Jets may play this pre season.

Newcastle Jets
23-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Local teams

Wednesday 27th June
Wanderers Oval Broadmeadow
Newcastle Jets v FYR Broadmeadow
Kick-off TBA

Wednesday July 18
Darling Street Oval Hamilton
Newcastle Jets v NBN State League Select
Kick-off TBA

Wednesday July 25
Lisle Carr Oval Whitebridge
Newcastle Jets v Charlestown Azzurri Italia Numero Uno
Kick-off TBA

Wednesday August 8
Jack McLaughlan Oval Edgeworth
Kick-off TBA

A-League teams

Other teams

Wednesday, July 11
Newcastle Jets FC v Canberra Red Rockets
Deakin Stadium, Deakin
Kick-off 6.30pm

pv4
23-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Other teams

Wednesday, July 11
Newcastle Jets FC v Canberra Red Rockets
Deakin Stadium, Deakin
Kick-off 6.30pm

dafuq

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/sp_0507_01_v6.jpg

hawk
23-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Wanderers Oval Broadmeadow
Newcastle Jets v FYR Broadmeadow

White eagles still rule Broadmeadow, rip.

ToddG NBUnited
23-06-2012, 10:08 AM
The Game in Canberra is probably going to be the only bit of jets football for me until next year. Here's hoping its a good hit out.

pistolpete
23-06-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm heading down for the Canberra game. Anyone know if you can pre purchase tickets or just have to get them at the game?

Blackmac79
23-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Probably just at the gate pete.

Also need someone to do me a match report for the 27th. If anyone is keen please contact me. Ta.

MFKS
23-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Would put me hand up for it BlackMac but work every second Wednesday night so will only be able to make the match at Darling St on July 18 If I count it up right.

Will put me hand up for that one if you need a report though??

pv4
23-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Probably just at the gate pete.

Also need someone to do me a match report for the 27th. If anyone is keen please contact me. Ta.

I'll more than likely be there. if I am I'll do one. anyone else going, feel free to do one also in case I can't make it or mine is terrible - I hear Blackmac can edit articles pretty well.

WolfMan
23-06-2012, 09:35 PM
If I attend I will scribe some notes to the best of my ability. Perhaps we could form a Voltron-like amalgamation of match reports, edited by Blackmac of course

Blackmac79
24-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the volunteering guys. The reason for asking is that I am going to get the Jetstream season review/almanac done this season and I will need reports for each of the games. Living in Sydney Wednesday night doesn't work well for me. I don't mind if a few people send me stuff, means I can edit it together and create something marvellous!

Will need all the matches done. Should be able to do Canberra myself. Also worth noting anyone sending stuff will go down as a contributor under either forum or real name. Never pass up a chance to claim your a published writer.

Also fair to say that I will be like most editors and be annoying as hell if you volunteer, consider this fair warning.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jeterpool
25-06-2012, 10:44 AM
I will put something down for you as well Blackmac.

Any word on kickoff time yet?

pv4
26-06-2012, 02:09 PM
some news articles and radio stations are saying the game is tonight @ 6:30, but others are saying it's tomorrow night @ 6:30. anyone have a confirmed date, and kickoff time?

coastiehater
26-06-2012, 02:17 PM
off the jets website.
Match Details:
Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets vs Broadmeadow Magic
Wednesday, June 27
Wanderers Oval, Broadmeadow
Kick-off 6.30pm
$5 entry for adults, school children get in for free.

Grimario
26-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Match Details:
Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets vs Broadmeadow Magic
Wednesday, June 27
Wanderers Oval, Broadmeadow
Kick-off 6.30pm
$5 entry for adults, school children get in for free.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-looking-to-play-fullstrength-team/47860

pv4
26-06-2012, 02:27 PM
thanks to coastiehater & his echo :lulz:

Grimario
26-06-2012, 02:32 PM
thanks to coastiehater & his echo :lulz:

No :lulz: for you. :cool:

Jeterpool
26-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Cheers fella's.

Hope the weather holds up. A dry track would be good...dont think it will happen

pv4
27-06-2012, 01:31 PM
any idea if the jerks will throw out a strong squad for the first half, then reserves/yoof for the second like they've done for most other preseason games against local teams?

Grimario
27-06-2012, 01:50 PM
any idea if the jerks will throw out a strong squad for the first half, then reserves/yoof for the second like they've done for most other preseason games against local teams?

That's what they have been talking about... almost everyone available (think star striker Jobe is the only one out). Likely to be BK, Neville, Tiago (or Regan?), Mitchel and Long White Sock at the back. Think Brown was also mentioned as a starter.

coastiehater
27-06-2012, 01:54 PM
yeah i think that korean dude is starting too

furns
27-06-2012, 01:55 PM
This is correct.
Jobe is still a few weeks off being able to get to light running, but will be ready to go for the start of the season.

WolfMan
27-06-2012, 02:27 PM
From FFA website

New recruit Mark Birghitti will start in goals while the back four will consist of Scott Neville, Tiago Calvano and trialists Josh Mitchell and Lee Soung Yong.

The midfield will feature Ben Kantarovski, Ruben Zadkovich and James Brown with the forward line to be made up of Adam Taggart, Michael Bridges and Ryan Griffiths.

Van Egmond said he had opted to start Soung Yong and Mitchell in order to take a closer look at the pair, while he also expected most of the Jets squad to feature at some point during the game.

“Lee Soung Yong will start and Josh Mitchell will start because I need to see both of them in a game situation,” he explained.

“We’ve got everyone fit bar Marko Jesic and Jobe Wheelhouse, apart from that everyone else should get some game time.”

Van Egmond also indicated that goalkeepers Ben Kennedy and Mark Birighitti would share game time throughout the pre-season trial games.

Blackmac79
27-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Don't forget to do a report for me guys. Cheers.

WolfMan
27-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Just a heads up - I don't think I will make the match tonight. Starting to come down with a flu and don't really want to risk making it worse with the wet and cool weather.

Hopefully at least one of the prospective reporters will be in attendance

Jeterpool
27-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Just a heads up - I don't think I will make the match tonight. Starting to come down with a flu and don't really want to risk making it worse with the wet and cool weather.

Hopefully at least one of the prospective reporters will be in attendance

I'll be there. Dragging the wife along. Will write down what I can and submit it on here.

pistolpete
27-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Might be in attendance

Blackmac79
27-06-2012, 05:19 PM
I'll be there. Dragging the wife along. Will write down what I can and submit it on here.

PM me. goes for anyone writing some stuff down. ta.

ToddG NBUnited
27-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Any updates on score?

OmeletteDuFromage
27-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Its already 2-1 for us, Taggart getting both.

OmeletteDuFromage
27-06-2012, 07:05 PM
"Taggart coming off with what looks to be a groin injury. Craig Goodwin comes on to replace him." - from our Twitter.

And so it starts......:rolleyes:

boz-monaut
27-06-2012, 07:06 PM
hey, he got further than Culina

Grimario
27-06-2012, 08:19 PM
3-1 now. Half expecting the next update to be that Gallaway scores after this...

@_Grimario
@NewcastleJetsFC Whose missus does Gallaway have incriminating photos of? Wouldn't get a run for the Stockton Sharks.

Was Virgili.

OmeletteDuFromage
27-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Full time:

Newcastle Jets 3 (Taggart x2, Virgilli)
Broadmeadow Magic 1

Jeterpool
27-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Write you something tomorrow blackmac

Hamma12
27-06-2012, 09:13 PM
yeah i think that korean dude is starting too

Can confirm he was in final 3rd more then defensive 3rd
we should of been 3-1 up inside 20 minutes we were so wasteful

militiamon
27-06-2012, 09:37 PM
we should of been 3-1 up inside 20 minutes we were so wasteful

This is probably the most accurate thing hamma has ever written.

For those who couldn't make it, it was basically like this:

Start of the first half we were all over them, it was like Barca vs anyone else. R Griff missed a huge sitter, somehow skyed it over the bar from 6 yards out after a shot from Brown. Then out of nowhere Magic got the sneakiest goal, some shouts of offside, ball was hit hard but straight at Birighitti and he got down, got his body behind it, but contact was weak and it went over him and into the net. Very shit for Birighitti to make such an amateur error on his debut, you have to feel for him, but this is what keepers are there for, you have to expect better.

After that the Jets continued the way they were, and ended up bagging two simple but well-worked goals. Taggart's finishing was good, nothing spectacular but solid, and he generally took up some very good positions and linked up well with the players around him. He could've had a third as well after some nice work with his feet in the box, only some smart defending from a Magic defender saved them.

From then on the game pretty much died away. The Jets were still on top for the rest of the first half, but they allowed Magic to come into the game more.

The second half was basically all the Youth team. I would say they had the better of the play over the Magic team (who also ended up using some of their younger players towards the end), but they weren't creating the huge number of chances around the box that the senior team were making.

Random other comments:

Korean du - very impressive for a trialist. You have to acknowledge that this was against Magic, so defensively he wasn't tested at all, but in attack he was very sharp. He was better on the ball and faster and decision making than Byun. He showed a good understanding of the game and the tactics GVE was trying to play to. From this one appearance I would say he was better than Byun, but then again Byun looked very good against Olympic last season, so it might not be that clear cut.

Mitchell - strong, looks to have adapted to GVE's game plan very well, always played the ball out from the back BUT he was never really under any pressure. Can't judge a central defender in a match like this.

Tiago - still great at playing out from the back, was picked to start ahead of Regan which tells you something about how GVE rates the two.

Magic keeper - had a great game, stunning save in the second half that was world class. If he had been trialling for a contract he probably would've won one.

Formation - interesting, I saw it as a 4-3-3 which basically went like:

Taggart......Bridges.......R Griff
Brown...............................Rubez
............................Kanta.................
Korean du....Mitchell....Tiago....Neville
..........Biri

But quite often Bridges was dropping back deeper into the hole behind him, and then looking to pass through to Taggart, R Griff or others:

Taggart.............R Griff
Brown................Bridges...............Rubez
............................Kanta................. ..
Korean du....Mitchell....Tiago....Neville
..........Biri

Tommyjet
27-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Korean was garbage, always out of position and showed little goin forward, had no confidence to take players on, lost his footing quite a bit so maybe he was scared on tripping over with the ball. Made it hard for Mitchell to pass it out wide to him cause he also took up a position hiding behind a defender and expecting the ball pumped down the line when it was obvious he didn't have the pace.
Magic were very organised at times defensively but jets opened them up quite a bit early. Taggart made some good runs early, brown was good but was hacked every time he got it.
Thought Goodwin and Neville provided good width bombing on down the flanks and would of provided better crosses had they had a decent "9" like J.Griff to aim for. Cooper showed some good raw talent and zad showed that he is maturing into a decent midfielder.
Anyway just some of my thoughts. Almost forgot, developing a weird crush on Connor chapman. Absolute gun.

Chickenbuster
27-06-2012, 09:58 PM
I was impressed by Virgili today on the field. He seemed to have grown up a lot since last season.

Or maybe he just feels like a senior member already with all those new and young ones in the team.

militiamon
27-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Maybe it was a different perspective, he always seemed to take up good positions on the wing to me. Advanced, yes, but I don't think there was any time I thought he was obviously out of place.

Scared? I thought he was actually very confident, always calling for the ball, yelling etc. He didn't take players on because that was not how GVE wanted us to play, instead he made lots of quick, one-touch passes so that we retained possession and kept the ball moving. And as for losing his footing, I think I saw that once when it was raining quite heavily.

Not saying you're wrong either, this is just my take on it, although afterwards a lot of people I spoke to seemed to have the same impressions.

MFKS
28-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Didn't make the game as was stuck at work but Chicken Busters comments on Virgili are interesting. The kid has been very good in recent yoof league fixtures scoring goals last 3 games. Has been looking in pretty good form be it at NBN level so hard to gauge where he is at as far as HAL team pecking order. Been showing promising signs though that he may be about to start giving GVE a selection headache though.

On a more pressing note I did see the name Kale Bradbury on the team sheet. How did he go??

MFKS has big wraps on this kid and sees him as the future(VERY SOON) heir apparent to make Griffology a thing of the past

militiamon
28-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Re Virgili, I've talked about him quite a bit after the pre-season last year. My concern is that despite showing similar promise then, he never ended up even appearing as a substitute in the latter stages of the season. I think the same thing will happen again this season unless something dramatic occurs. fwiw I thought he was ok tonight without being outstanding, he did score the goal but he also made a few mistakes.

Kale played well I thought, I think he was part of one of the best moves of the night where him and Mitch Cooper linked up with some neat, one-touch passes all the way into the penalty area. I don't think he's ready for the first team yet, but I see the potential for a senior contract in the future.

samus
28-06-2012, 01:10 AM
How much time did bridges get on the pitch? Interesting seeing him start, would have thought he would become a sasho type player this year.

halo se7en
28-06-2012, 05:04 AM
Very impressed with the Korean & Brown in the first half, and Goodwin and Brilliante (was he the guy wearing the skins? anyone confirm??) in the second half. The Jets looked pretty sharp in the first half and a more realistic score would have been 3 or 4-0 by half time. We still need that experienced striker and #10. I think this is the first season I'm considering Zadkovich a liability rather than a potential x factor. It might make a gut busting run or hard tackle every now and then but the rest of his play is very erratic. From last night's performance, I didn't see a single thing to suggest he's going to be any better this season than the last few.

pv4
28-06-2012, 07:46 AM
without reading too much of what's already been posted, here's what i thought of the game:

i will consider the game as two games; first half against the jets and second half against the reserves.

first half: compared to playing magic last year, the jets had a hold of the game a bit more last night. for the jets it was about playing fairly direct from defence, most of the time missing the midfield, then playing off the strikers. for magic, the game was about compressing the field into 20-30 metres of space, and trying to compress the jets up a lot.

tiago and josh mitchell saw heaps of the ball and were superb at playing. it's worth noting that i'm not sure if the numbers worn last night were indicative of squad numbers, but taylor had #5 and tiago had #16 which, if tiago wears #16 this year, expect this guy to get his jersey made. tiago looked his usual awesome (note: i consider him amazing) - he had one extremely rash tackle which i cheered with glee for, and had a couple of little mission runs, but basically kept it simple by playing on the deck. he could probably have claimed the most possession for the entire jets team, he saw the ball heaps. mitchell looked great, seemed to talk a bit and didn't look like it was a new team he was trialling for. he mostly played it to tiago, but there were moments the two were under pressure and the calmness & composure they showed to play it out was amazing.

now to go onto the widebacks - neville & light-haired-byun. they saw a fair bit of ball, magic compressed the field in the middle so it was a fairly regular option to play out to them. light-haired-byun looked exactly, and i mean exactly like byun did last preseason - which was amazing for a leftback. got forward at all the right times (and when his run went too far, was able to track back to recieve the ball very well also, then bounce the ball off for one-twos), took players on, wasn't afraid to use his rightfoot. it was noticeable from the opposite side of the field that there's a language barrier - he yells "aauhauahaohaoah" when he wants the ball and that's the extent of his talking. when goodwin came on, he moved to high-right. so you know he's a decent attacking option. i will tie in his defensive side of things when i get to kanta's talk. neville looked solid. the right-defensive side of things he owned, it was his zone. rarely got beat, and just looks hungry for the ball when faced by a player. played out really well, rarely lost possession, and ran the ball forward when necessary. tried to take a player on once and got tackled, but overall was pretty good. i will feel much more comfortable with him at rb than i used to with tarek.

kanta played holding mid. the game was so compressed, he rarely got played the ball and spent most of the game coasting, looking for the ball, and screening defensively. the major thing we lacked last night was an orchestrator in the middle, but that was more a point of looking how little playing room magic allowed, and how high tiago and his defence line were sitting and playing the ball out, rather than looking at the correct/incorrect players in the middle. is it just me, or does kanta look to lose the tiniest amount of pace each year? my only real issue with kanta was when the jerks were playing forward, and light-haired-byun was well forward in a great attack, when we lost the ball (see my future description of bridges game) magic seemed keen on playing fairly directly out for a quick counter, and at times the jets were 2-on-2 in defence as it was noticeable that kanta didn't do the paartalu trick of covering in defence for his 1-2 wide backs getting forward. this was the only time magic looked closesly dangerous, when they had the opportunity to punt a through ball for a quick counter, and i personally put a bit of blame on kanta not becoming part of the defence when the widebacks were getting forward in attack.

the mids and forward line were rubez, brown, ryugriff, taggart & bridges. from here it was all about one-twos, first time touches, at-times sexy football. rubez was amazing - i'll leave it at that. brown had moments of greatness but at times i thought he was struggling to see enough of the ball. the issue all these guys had high-up was for magic it was all about the 1-on-1 battles so they basically held to a man-marking game. so wherever bridges ran to, piddo was nipping at his heels. wherever brown ran to, young-kanta & hakan were following. there was no real freedom for the jets to play, as they were hounded by 1-2 men at all times. it was only when they played a neat flick, a little dink, something like that did the space start to open up. brown was sitting directly in the congested zone, so while having some neat touches he really didn't get much breathing space i didn't think.

ryugriff did his thing, missed a basically open goal, not much there. certainly not the standout i thought he was last preseason. taggart was lively, hounded the ball, and i thought was great. as much as i hate labi going, taggart is imo an excellent replacement for him. runs his heart out, scores goals. had excellent composure and touches for his goals, i thought he did really well.

now to my main man bridges - i go into this description with a heavy bias so don't be too offended. bridges had moments of absolute class, some of his touches were superb and he played a couple of really nice balls. but for every moment of brilliance, he gave the ball away twice. i don't think he realises how counter-productive he is on such a regular occasion. he bounced off the defender to come back and receive the ball off tiago and co very well, but there were moments where he'd receive the ball facing his own goal, have two players ramming behind him, and he'd turn to face them & they'd just walk the ball away. bridges looked better in the first 20mins of the half, but in the last 25 just gave the ball away so much. i think he's oblivious to how much he gives it away. the only real time the play broke down when the jets were playing high with the ball was when bridges would just do this shitty touch to no-one & magic would play from there. we're screwed if he is our striker option this year.

for magic, piddo barely played feet which surprised me a bunch. he did well with the one-on-one battles defensively, but didn't look overly calm with the ball. his name escapes me but piddo's cb partner, #4, looked good. old-chill looked scared on the ball & barely got forward. hakan was mostly anonymous in the middle - never got any of his trademark skillz out. young kanta basically the same. shane paul is a poor mans' john bennis - i've heard the jb has really dropped form recently but it was a totally different magic side without him, and paul spent the majority of the game not really doing anything with the ball and seemingly getting frustrated in defence. pete haynes i barely noticed. berlin i only noticed for his pace on the counter sometimes. rhys tippet spent the majority of the game doing defensive duties and playing in a really deep, wide position. sorry to his fanbois, but jon griffiths was the worst magic player out there for me.

second half: yoof/reserves plus rubez. rubez carved, again. goodwin came on in the first half to replace taggart, and played half of the second half. he didn't look as good as i was hoping. light-haired-byun looked a lot better, a lot more composed. goodwin looked more like a fringe-firsts, youth player that was a little scared on the ball. never got tested defensively really.

regan and chapman played cbs. regan is noticeably a terrific leader, basically dictates every play with his yelling. it's good. but it's noticeable he's not technically at the level chapman is. chapman looks more composed & quite frankly looks more ready for first-team action than regan.

a couple of faces i didn't recognise, i assume they were mitch oxborrow or someone. josh brillante played holding mid, and i thought he was superb. dictated play, knew when his defender was too close, rarely lost the ball. the game had opened up a bit by then so he got to see a lot more of the ball than kanta did. brillante reminded me a tiny bit like dapuzz used to - good turning on the ball, rarely loses possession, plays ball to feet. a few times he had it, there was an alex song chip through ball begging to be played but he didn't seem interested, so played possession. never got high enough to assess his attacking abilities.

front three were left mitch cooper, middle kale bradberry, right virgilli. to start off, none of them looked up to first team action (including cooper - who, by the way, looks so effing young in the flesh). cooper showed moments of brilliance, nutmeggsed jon griffiths, but for the most part he looked a little scared on the ball & when he got in decent goal-positions he'd take an extra touch, take on an extra man, and seemed to always have the ball that little bit too close to a defender and paid the price a few times. he was ok, but not brilliant. he has a lot of work to do to prove to me he's ready for first grade. virgilli did his usualy thing - ran, seemed interested, but when that killer instinct was needed he seemed to be missing. scored a goal, but it wasn't anything to rave about really. kale looked lost upfront. man he's small. peppz was amazing in the middle, played many defence-cutting balls and looked a class above the rest of his team.

my thoughts after the game - we need a striker. we need griff.

GazFish35
28-06-2012, 08:18 AM
And we need paragraphs!

boz-monaut
28-06-2012, 08:20 AM
easier to read like this

irsthalf:comparedtoplayingmagiclastyear,thejetshad aholdofthegameabitmorelastnight.forthejetsitwasabo utplayingfairlydirectfromdefence,mostofthetimemiss ingthemidfield,thenplayingoffthestrikers.formagic, thegamewasaboutcompressingthefieldinto20-30metresofspace,andtryingtocompressthejetsupalot.t iagoandjoshmitchellsawheapsoftheballandweresuperba tplaying.it'sworthnotingthati'mnotsureifthenumbers wornlastnightwereindicativeofsquadnumbers,buttaylo rhad#5andtiagohad#16which,iftiagowears#16thisyear, expectthisguytogethisjerseymade.tiagolookedhisusua lawesome(note:iconsiderhimamazing)-hehadoneextremelyrashtacklewhichicheeredwithgleefo r,andhadacoupleoflittlemissionruns,butbasicallykep titsimplebyplayingonthedeck.hecouldprobablyhavecla imedthemostpossessionfortheentirejetsteam,hesawthe ballheaps.mitchelllookedgreat,seemedtotalkabitandd idn'tlooklikeitwasanewteamhewastriallingfor.hemost lyplayedittotiago,butthereweremomentsthetwowereund erpressureandthecalmness&composuretheyshowedtoplayitoutwasamazing.nowtogoon tothewidebacks-neville&light-haired-byun.theysawafairbitofball,magiccompressedthefield inthemiddlesoitwasafairlyregularoptiontoplayouttot hem.light-haired-byunlookedexactly,andimeanexactlylikebyundidlastpr eseason-whichwasamazingforaleftback.gotforwardatalltherigh ttimes(andwhenhisrunwenttoofar,wasabletotrackbackt orecievetheballverywellalso,thenbouncetheballofffo rone-twos),tookplayerson,wasn'tafraidtousehisrightfoot. itwasnoticeablefromtheoppositesideofthefieldthatth ere'salanguagebarrier-heyells"aauhauahaohaoah"whenhewantstheballandthat'stheextentofhistalking.w hengoodwincameon,hemovedtohigh-right.soyouknowhe'sadecentattackingoption.iwilltie inhisdefensivesideofthingswhenigettokanta'stalk.ne villelookedsolid.theright-defensivesideofthingsheowned,itwashiszone.rarelygo tbeat,andjustlookshungryfortheballwhenfacedbyaplay er.playedoutreallywell,rarelylostpossession,andran theballforwardwhennecessary.triedtotakeaplayeronon ceandgottackled,butoverallwasprettygood.iwillfeelm uchmorecomfortablewithhimatrbthaniusedtowithtarek. kantaplayedholdingmid.thegamewassocompressed,herar elygotplayedtheballandspentmostofthegamecoasting,l ookingfortheball,andscreeningdefensively.themajort hingwelackedlastnightwasanorchestratorinthemiddle, butthatwasmoreapointoflookinghowlittleplayingroomm agicallowed,andhowhightiagoandhisdefencelineweresi ttingandplayingtheballout,ratherthanlookingattheco rrect/incorrectplayersinthemiddle.isitjustme,ordoeskanta looktolosethetiniestamountofpaceeachyear?myonlyrea lissuewithkantawaswhenthejerkswereplayingforward,a ndlight-haired-byunwaswellforwardinagreatattack,whenwelosttheball (seemyfuturedescriptionofbridgesgame)magicseemedke enonplayingfairlydirectlyoutforaquickcounter,andat timesthejetswere2-on-2indefenceasitwasnoticeablethatkantadidn'tdothepaa rtalutrickofcoveringindefenceforhis1-2widebacksgettingforward.thiswastheonlytimemagiclo okedcloseslydangerous,whentheyhadtheopportunitytop untathroughballforaquickcounter,andipersonallyputa bitofblameonkantanotbecomingpartofthedefencewhenth ewidebacksweregettingforwardinattack.themidsandfor wardlinewererubez,brown,ryugriff,taggart&bridges.fromhereitwasallaboutone-twos,firsttimetouches,at-timessexyfootball.rubezwasamazing-i'llleaveitatthat.brownhadmomentsofgreatnessbutatt imesithoughthewasstrugglingtoseeenoughoftheball.th eissuealltheseguyshadhigh-upwasformagicitwasallaboutthe1-on-1battlessotheybasicallyheldtoaman-markinggame.sowhereverbridgesranto,piddowasnipping athisheels.whereverbrownranto,young-kanta&hakanwerefollowing.therewasnorealfreedomforthejets toplay,astheywerehoundedby1-2menatalltimes.itwasonlywhentheyplayedaneatflick,a littledink,somethinglikethatdidthespacestarttoopen up.brownwassittingdirectlyinthecongestedzone,sowhi lehavingsomeneattoucheshereallydidn'tgetmuchbreath ingspaceididn'tthink.ryugriffdidhisthing,missedaba sicallyopengoal,notmuchthere.certainlynotthestando utithoughthewaslastpreseason.taggartwaslively,houn dedtheball,andithoughtwasgreat.asmuchasihatelabigo ing,taggartisimoanexcellentreplacementforhim.runsh isheartout,scoresgoals.hadexcellentcomposureandtou chesforhisgoals,ithoughthedidreallywell.nowtomymai nmanbridges-igointothisdescriptionwithaheavybiassodon'tbetooof fended.bridgeshadmomentsofabsoluteclass,someofhist ouchesweresuperbandheplayedacoupleofreallyniceball s.butforeverymomentofbrilliance,hegavetheballawayt wice.idon'tthinkherealiseshowcounter-productiveheisonsucharegularoccasion.hebouncedofft hedefendertocomebackandreceivetheballofftiagoandco verywell,butthereweremomentswherehe'dreceivethebal lfacinghisowngoal,havetwoplayersrammingbehindhim,a ndhe'dturntofacethem&they'djustwalktheballaway.bridgeslookedbetterinthe first20minsofthehalf,butinthelast25justgavetheball awaysomuch.ithinkhe'soblivioustohowmuchhegivesitaw ay.theonlyrealtimetheplaybrokedownwhenthejetswerep layinghighwiththeballwaswhenbridgeswouldjustdothis shittytouchtono-one&magicwouldplayfromthere.we'rescrewedifheisourstrik eroptionthisyear.
formagic,piddobarelyplayedfeetwhichsurprisedmeabun ch.hedidwellwiththeone-on-onebattlesdefensively,butdidn'tlookoverlycalmwitht heball.hisnameescapesmebutpiddo'scbpartner,#4,look edgood.old-chilllookedscaredontheball&barelygotforward.hakanwasmostlyanonymousinthemiddl e-nevergotanyofhistrademarkskillzout.youngkantabasic allythesame.shanepaulisapoormans'johnbennis-i'veheardthejbhasreallydroppedformrecentlybutitwas atotallydifferentmagicsidewithouthim,andpaulspentt hemajorityofthegamenotreallydoinganythingwiththeba llandseeminglygettingfrustratedindefence.petehayne sibarelynoticed.berlinionlynoticedforhispaceonthec ountersometimes.rhystippetspentthemajorityofthegam edoingdefensivedutiesandplayinginareallydeep,widep osition.sorrytohisfanbois,butjongriffithswasthewor stmagicplayeroutthereforme.

secondhalf:yoof/reservesplusrubez.rubezcarved,again.goodwincameoni nthefirsthalftoreplacetaggart,andplayedhalfofthese condhalf.hedidn'tlookasgoodasiwashoping.light-haired-byunlookedalotbetter,alotmorecomposed.goodwinlooke dmorelikeafringe-firsts,youthplayerthatwasalittlescaredontheball.ne vergottesteddefensivelyreally.reganandchapmanplaye dcbs.reganisnoticeablyaterrificleader,basicallydic tateseveryplaywithhisyelling.it'sgood.butit'snotic eablehe'snottechnicallyatthelevelchapmanis.chapman looksmorecomposed&quitefranklylooksmorereadyforfirst-teamactionthanregan.acoupleoffacesididn'trecognise ,iassumetheyweremitchoxborroworsomeone.joshbrillan teplayedholdingmid,andithoughthewassuperb.dictated play,knewwhenhisdefenderwastooclose,rarelylosttheb all.thegamehadopenedupabitbythensohegottoseealotmo reoftheballthankantadid.brillanteremindedmeatinybi tlikedapuzzusedto-goodturningontheball,rarelylosespossession,playsba lltofeet.afewtimeshehadit,therewasanalexsongchipth roughballbeggingtobeplayedbuthedidn'tseemintereste d,soplayedpossession.nevergothighenoughtoassesshis attackingabilities.frontthreewereleftmitchcooper,m iddlekalebradberry,rightvirgilli.tostartoff,noneof themlookeduptofirstteamaction(includingcooper-who,bytheway,lookssoeffingyoungintheflesh).coopers howedmomentsofbrilliance,nutmeggsedjongriffiths,bu tforthemostparthelookedalittlescaredontheball&whenhegotindecentgoal-positionshe'dtakeanextratouch,takeonanextraman,and seemedtoalwayshavetheballthatlittlebittooclosetoad efenderandpaidthepriceafewtimes.hewasok,butnotbril liant.hehasalotofworktodotoprovetomehe'sreadyforfi rstgrade.virgillididhisusualything-ran,seemedinterested,butwhenthatkillerinstinctwasn eededheseemedtobemissing.scoredagoal,butitwasn'tan ythingtoraveaboutreally.kalelookedlostupfront.manh e'ssmall.peppzwasamazinginthemiddle,playedmanydefe nce-cuttingballsandlookedaclassabovetherestofhisteam.

mythoughtsafterthegame-weneedastriker.weneedgriff.

pv4
28-06-2012, 08:24 AM
:lulz: it's split into intro, first half, magic, second half, conclusion.

forgot probably the two most impotant parts of the night:

chevapi from behind the goals i rated 7/10.

and for the best moment of the night, they played this over the PA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iiryJwvDtc

Blackmac79
28-06-2012, 09:05 AM
will use some of your stuff in the season review pv4 with whatever else i manage to scrounge. i found a photo of a team sheet. if only they did that for every match i could have it at the start of each match! epic.

furns
28-06-2012, 09:59 AM
It will come out in a few weeks lads but in our interview with GVE he specifically stated that we need a proper #9 and the money we have saved in the cap by moving on the pricey players NTS et al will give us the money to get a decent one.

Not saying what he said about Griff so you will all have to download it to find out :p

militiamon
28-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Yeah, excellent coverage pv4. Read it if you missed out.

Second your thoughts about light-haired Byun (lol) vs Goodwin. Light-haired Byun seemed very sharp on the ball to me, always knew who he was going to pass it to before the ball even got to him, and he linked up well with the forwards and midfield. Goodwin on the other hand did an ok job, but that's about it, he looked like a guy who hasn't played a lot of senior football.

I'd still want to see how these guys play against an A-League team before making any strong conclusions, Magic just didn't have the quality to test them at all.

snake
28-06-2012, 10:22 AM
pepper > the rest

rubez has been practicing keeping his shots down - none over the cross-bar from memory.

Tommyjet
28-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Interesting views on the Korean, and I accept all opinions without judgement. I just feel we can and should be doin better with our imports. I personally don't think he was anywhere near byun's level but I do hope, if he signed, to be proven wrong as song wasn't a instant hit in my opinion and took time to make his mark.
Keen to see more of taggart.
Also think we need import who plays similar to brown but more experienced just to add a bit more composure to the midfield

pv4
28-06-2012, 11:39 AM
rubez has been practicing keeping his shots down - none over the cross-bar from memory.

he probably had one from memory. bridges, though, had many ridiculous potshots that the ballboys are probably still looking for.

Chickenbuster
28-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm still not convinced if the passion of the youth can bring us very far in a serious A-League competition. It's all very good about strength, possession and high power.

But this team seriously lacks experience. The overview and decision making which comes with the 'Men' is quite out of balance here.

pv4
28-06-2012, 12:02 PM
does anyone know where the gate-takings went to last night? last year iirc it was all about charity (possibly breast-cancer charity). was it going to charity last night, or just to magic?

snake
28-06-2012, 12:10 PM
does anyone know where the gate-takings went to last night? last year iirc it was all about charity (possibly breast-cancer charity). was it going to charity last night, or just to magic?

greece bail out

sh10
28-06-2012, 12:15 PM
It will come out in a few weeks lads but in our interview with GVE he specifically stated that we need a proper #9 and the money we have saved in the cap by moving on the pricey players NTS et al will give us the money to get a decent one.

woah back up the truck, did NTS move on? Did this happen during the great foz famine of 2012?

boz-monaut
28-06-2012, 12:16 PM
it was also in the papers and news websites

or so you exclusively get your Jets news from the bed wetters on this godforsaken forum?

plague
28-06-2012, 12:58 PM
woah back up the truck, did NTS move on? Did this happen during the great foz famine of 2012?

At least we now know who is running the Captain Oblivious multi.

Pico
28-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I remember reading it was going to NNSW football for some coach education scholarships.

Bremsstrahlung
28-06-2012, 01:39 PM

Magic recently purchased some rather expensive lights....I'd say they might do a 40-60 split or something.

seldom
28-06-2012, 02:00 PM
I remember reading it was going to NNSW football for some coach education scholarships.

Deans possibly ?

GazFish35
28-06-2012, 02:12 PM

or so you exclusively get your Jets news from the bed wetters on this godforsaken forum?

He does live in Perth.

furns
28-06-2012, 02:16 PM
He does live in Perth.dey onlee jus gots da internetz ffs

Blackmac79
28-06-2012, 03:04 PM

Can confirm this is the case. David Eland mentioned it when I spoke to him. Its for all of the 4 games against northern opponents.

sh10
28-06-2012, 03:27 PM

Must've missed it on FSN.

haha, well played

Captain Oblivious
28-06-2012, 03:54 PM

Slanderous.

Muswellbrookian
28-06-2012, 03:59 PM
From the few photos I've seen of him, Taggart looks a bit like Griff. Hope he can emulate his scoring abilities, too....

plague
28-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Slanderous.
I'm surprised you realised that comment had been posted.

furns
08-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Looks like I can make the Canberra trip now. Any other MDR members want to join in? If we get enough I might hire a car again......

GazFish35
08-07-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm out.
I'm not from Switzerland so it will be too cold.

That, and having a newborn in the house.

selassie
09-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Looks like I can make the Canberra trip now. Any other MDR members want to join in? If we get enough I might hire a car again......

can't, got soccer training.

goaliepersempre
10-07-2012, 08:02 AM
cant working :(

pv4
10-07-2012, 08:13 AM
what time is kickoff tomorrow?

pistolpete
10-07-2012, 10:31 AM
what time is kickoff tomorrow?

6:30

turbojetfireV8
10-07-2012, 10:46 AM
What happened to our trials against quality Asian sides BTW? How is this preseason going to be better than any of the others for the past ten years??

pv4
10-07-2012, 10:49 AM
from the podcast - gve said they're still looking at heading o/s. they also usually only play 2 aleague teams and gve said they've got 5 confirmed for this preseason.

dam about tomorrow, if it was at 7:30 i would have possibly looked at heading down. probably not entirely worth the effort either - apparently dominik the destroyer is only getting 20mins.

turbojetfireV8
10-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I am dubious at present about the OS matches, wanna see proof TBH - I think the legacy of Con may be living on in the form of empty promises, prove me wrong Tinks!

GazFish35
10-07-2012, 11:04 AM
What happened to our trials against quality Asian sides BTW? How is this preseason going to be better than any of the others for the past ten years??

We have a squad and a coach who hasn't been sacked.

turbojetfireV8
10-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Yet? :cool:

MFKS
10-07-2012, 11:28 AM
from the podcast - gve said they're still looking at heading o/s. they also usually only play 2 aleague teams and gve said they've got 5 confirmed for this preseason.

Probably going to NZ to play the Nix or they are planning a game at Stockton

Jeterpool
10-07-2012, 12:09 PM
We have a squad and a coach who hasn't been sacked.

We've also recruited some players before the week prior to season kickoff.

Pretty good!

furns
10-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Probably going to NZ to play the Nix or they are planning a game at Stockton
No. I am not going to speak out of turn, but they are planning a little further afield than that. I dont know if they will be able to get it over the line, but it will be interesting if they do.

Jetmaster
10-07-2012, 01:29 PM
This is the best pre-season ever - the bulk of the squad signed, driftwood disposed of, more than 6 or 7 fit and training, a defined "vision".

There is still three months to go to the season and there is still much to happen. As long as GVE doesn't get sacked at the season launch and we sign those 2 or 3 more players it all looks rosy !

q-money
10-07-2012, 01:40 PM
there's still time for everyone to get sacked

furns
10-07-2012, 01:47 PM
keen to check out the cevapi in canberra q-man?

q-money
10-07-2012, 01:49 PM
i'll be watching my red rocket at home brah

furns
10-07-2012, 01:52 PM
have fun with that ;)

goaliepersempre
10-07-2012, 02:00 PM
someone with the twitter updates?

ToddG NBUnited
10-07-2012, 03:56 PM
what time are you looking at heading down furns?

westjet
10-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Have the jets ever looked at setting up a camera for preseason games and streaming live or even delayed on the website. Would be good to start building a bit of excitement and give people who can't make games a chance to see the new boys play?

furns
10-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Seeing as I mainly do the twitter stuff I will do updates from the game.
I will be leaving parra approx 2pm

Pico
11-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Have the jets ever looked at setting up a camera for preseason games and streaming live or even delayed on the website. Would be good to start building a bit of excitement and give people who can't make games a chance to see the new boys play?

Would love to see this happen & the best thing about HSG is that they can spread the overheads across both clubs by using it in both clubs pre-seasons.

goaliepersempre
11-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Would love to see this happen & the best thing about HSG is that they can spread the overheads across both clubs by using it in both clubs pre-seasons.

plus there would be no commercial arrangments saying they cant stream or have it recorded... I.e a-league and fox rules...

I can bet they will be filming in any case......

GazFish35
11-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Great way for opposing teams to ee what we are working on too!

Jeterpool
11-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Seeing as I mainly do the twitter stuff I will do updates from the game.
I will be leaving parra approx 2pm

Cheers mate.

Better look at getting twitter. What is your name to follow?

Hamma12
11-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Cheers mate.

Better look at getting twitter. What is your name to follow?

Newyboys.....http://twitter.com/newyboys

Pico
11-07-2012, 10:45 AM
plus there would be no commercial arrangments saying they cant stream or have it recorded... I.e a-league and fox rules...

I can bet they will be filming in any case......

Their are still conditions if I remember correctly, something about fox having the rights from 1 month prior to the season starting.

Pauly TV who covers the brisbane premier league & roar pre season games got into some trouble with fox not happy about recordings he made.

Also Mr Fish it hasn't seemed to impact the roars HAL form.

GazFish35
11-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Also Mr Fish it hasn't seemed to impact the roars HAL form.

Fair comment.
But we ain't Roarcelona

russjaybee
11-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Pauly TV was boss.

Jeterpool
11-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Newyboys.....http://twitter.com/newyboys

Cheers Hamma

true waterboy
11-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Jets name starting XI for Canberra trial Wednesday, 11 July 2012 2:30 PM

Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets head coach Gary van Egmond has named his starting XI for tonight’s match against the Canberra Rockets at McKellar Park.

Ben Kennedy will start in goals with the back four consisting of Scott Neville, Tiago Calvano, Josh Mitchell and Craig Goodwin.

The midfield will feature Ben Kantarovski, Jacob Pepper and Ruben Zadkovich. Ryan Griffiths will lead the forward line with support from James Virgilli and James Brown.

Jobe Wheelhouse (foot), Adam Taggart (groin) and Marko Jesic (hip flexor) will sit out the match with injury.

Josh Brillante, Mitch Cooper, Connor Chapman and Jack Duncan did not travel with the team to Canberra due to their commitments in Indonesia with the Australian under 20’s team.

Van Egmond said he was expecting the Rockets to provide the Jets with a tough test this evening.

“Part of the drawcard for coming down to Canberra was to get the type of match we need at this point of the pre-season,” he said.

“From my time at the AIS, I know the standard within the ACT Premier League is very good, so I have no doubt we’re going to get a decent match.”

As was the case in their first trial game against the Broadmeadow Magic, van Egmond said he expected all available players to feature at some stage throughout the match.

“This is a start of a six-week block of training that is about getting some game-time under the players’ belts,” he said.

“We’ve built some miles into their legs. We’re still overloading them but we need to start to look at our fluency and combinations and get our style of play right.

“Hopefully we can see them start to implement the things we are working on at training. Not only with what we’re trying to do on the park, but the mentality as well.”

Match Details:
Newcastle Jets v Canberra Rockets
McKellar Park
Wednesday, July 11
Kick-off 6.30pm
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-name-starting-XI-for-Canberra-trial/48082

pv4
11-07-2012, 02:58 PM
why virgilli is starting is beyond me, but good to see bridges is riding the pine.

for the guys that are heading down, can you please take notice of what numbers everyone wears please?

all i'm hoping the jets get out of this game is zadkid scores a bomb & dominik the destroyer is amazing.

Jeterpool
11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
why virgilli is starting is beyond me, but good to see bridges is riding the pine.

for the guys that are heading down, can you please take notice of what numbers everyone wears please?

all i'm hoping the jets get out of this game is zadkid scores a bomb & dominik the destroyer is amazing.

In the previous trial, I thought Virgilli played quite well. He was certainly quicker and stronger than he has been in the previous 2 seasons. I'm happy for him to start.

As long as they all get through it injury free, that will be good.

Interested to see how Brown goes playing out wide because he was very good playing in the midfield against the Magic the other week.

Did Lee travel with the squad or has he been released following the signing of Ritter?

GazFish35
11-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Biggest shock is that jobe and jesic are injured.

Hamma12
11-07-2012, 04:50 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-name-starting-XI-for-Canberra-trial/48082

Where is the Korean triallist from the magic game gone? I hope GVE hasnt gave him the flick

ToddG NBUnited
11-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Just arrived in Canberra, it's a little fresh and looks To be a chance of rain, hopefully it will stay away. I've brought my video camera so will try to record as much of the game as I can.

ToddG NBUnited
11-07-2012, 05:21 PM
@NewcastleJetsFC: Here are the team lists for tonight's game #gojets http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/4310cd2ccb2711e1a94522000a1e8aaf_7.jpg

On the iPhone so not sure how to attach the image

pistolpete
11-07-2012, 06:15 PM
The two blokes in front of me are spending more time on their phones than watching the game

Blackmac79
11-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Still need someone to commit to writing a report for the almanac

parksey
11-07-2012, 06:16 PM
I really hate how players at A-League clubs unnecessarily change numbers every season. What's the point in Tiago changing from 5 to 2, or Regan from 2 to 3? Fair enough someone like Pepper who has now become a key player has gone to 8 but apart from that it's just annoying. Griff as number 23 was awesome too.

Teams need to treat player numbers more seriously.

Swifts
11-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I really hate how players at A-League clubs unnecessarily change numbers every season. What's the point in Tiago changing from 5 to 2, or Regan from 2 to 3? Fair enough someone like Pepper who has now become a key player has gone to 8 but apart from that it's just annoying. Griff as number 23 was awesome too.

Teams need to treat player numbers more seriously.

Hopefully the numbers they are wearing in the trials doesn't necessarily mean they will be wearing that same number in the actual league. Hopefully.

The club said they didn't want to award the fans player of the year the number 12 jersey because kids may have just bought their favourite player's jersey with their previous number on it.

Having said all that, we do have a bad history of players changing numbers all the time.

evolution
11-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Griff has said he'd be wearing number 11 this year, but according to that teamsheet he is wearing 9 tonight. So I'd say the numbers listed there are irrelevant.

GazFish35
11-07-2012, 06:48 PM
And Robbie/jarrod mentioned jobe in 12, so me thinks the number mean little.

evolution
11-07-2012, 06:59 PM
The Jets facebook page just said to not read into the numbers as well.

longshot
11-07-2012, 07:06 PM
I think they are wearing youth team tops so the players just get the ones that fit the best. They wore youth team tops in the last game. So numbers mean nothing. I think the numbers they wear at training reflect more their real numbers.

Hamma12
11-07-2012, 07:41 PM
club's facebook says 3-1 up at ht

Griff x2 and James Brown

Grimario
11-07-2012, 07:43 PM
For those not following on twitter...

Griff from Virgili cross, Griff penalty after Pepper brought down, Brown from Virgili ball

Goal conceded was apparently horror pass from Goodwin?

Bridges on for Rubez (and up front, Brown to attacking mid), Birraz on for BK at HT.

sammydog
11-07-2012, 07:50 PM
52mins Goodwin scores, 4-1 up

Grimario
11-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Bridgy with a Lampard special by the sounds of it, shot outside the box, big deflection off a defender and keeper no chance. 5-1.

longshot
11-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Was Goodwins' goal similar to the shot he had when he played against the Tards with Heart. ?

Grimario
11-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Maybe.

Newcastle Jets ‏@NewcastleJetsFC
Craig Goodwin uleashes a viscious sweriving shot from outside the area that cannons into the back of the net ‪#goJets

sammydog
11-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Bridges set up Virgili to make it 6-1

sammydog
11-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Griffiths HAttrick 7-1.

Grimario
11-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Bridges taken down, penalty. Bridgy from the spot 8-1.

I don't remember us actually dominating lower standard teams last pre-season... is this a good sign or false hope?

Grimario
11-07-2012, 08:26 PM
And 9-1. Mitch Oxborrow this time.

sammydog
9-1 Mitch oxborrow, I can't keep up

Hamma12
9-1

longshot
11-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Could GVE's experiment with the new squad be working. Time will tell in the coming games. Would be nice if this was an A-League game. Plenty of time before the seasons start yet.

namwob99
11-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Weren't they going to Canberra to get tougher opposition?

Jeterpool
11-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Good to get a big victory! Boost the confidence

Shayne
11-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Should put them in bunk beds and jail cells for every "away" fixture, at least they'll want to stretch their legs when they're out of it.

parksey
11-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Bridges hattrick. :cool:

Looks like Chill had a good game.

Tommyjet
11-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Good result, I thought 5 or 6-1 would of been expected but to get 9 implys a good performance. Hopefully the rest of the squad can be confirmed soon so the combinations can continue to gell.

Grimario
11-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Bridges hattrick. :cool:

Looks like Chill had a good game.

Thought Bridges only got 2? Griff 3, Bridge 2, Brown, Virgili, Goodwin, Oxborrow

Bridgy really loves the herald guys now...

Michael Bridges ‏@Bridgy8
Wonder if we get as many headline in the Herald 4 a top team performance ??? Eeeeemmmmm won't hold my breath ‪#gojets

sammydog
11-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Thought Bridges only got 2? Griff 3, Bridge 2, Brown, Virgili, Goodwin, Oxborrow

If its tweeted or written in the forum enough the herald will report it that way.

I thought he only got 2 as well.

Grimario
11-07-2012, 10:39 PM
If its tweeted or written in the forum enough the herald will report it that way.

I thought he only got 2 as well.

So, Bridges got 3 and we won 10-1, right?

parksey
11-07-2012, 10:47 PM
My mistake, I read one post as "Bridges set up by Virgilli to make it 6-1".

longshot
11-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Maybe.

Craig Goodwin uleashes a viscious sweriving shot from outside the area that cannons into the back of the net ‪#goJets

Besides the goal tonight and the shot he had against Victory looks like he likes the long shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H06UiLVO33U

Great to see Griff and Bridgy bag a heap. Well done Jets. Hope this is just the start.

Jeterpool
12-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Virgilli with a number of assists in there. Sounds like he had a good game as well.

snake
12-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Virgilli with a number of assists in there. Sounds like he had a good game as well.

i don't see what he does to get selected. another ordinary performance by all counts. i mean we should play rubez in both positions and just play with 10 men

/pv4

scarfy96
12-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Looks like the Heralds report this morning was based on the Jets twitter account. Anyone go that can actually give a match report?

Grimario
12-07-2012, 10:05 AM
i don't see what he does to get selected. another ordinary performance by all counts. i mean we should play rubez in both positions and just play with 10 men

/pv4

If we could clone Rubez, we could play him in at least 10 positions.

pv4
12-07-2012, 10:35 AM

/pv4

lawl

would love to be proved wrong but he shows this form every preseason and then doesn't even attempt to compete during the season.

rubez <3

GazFish35
12-07-2012, 10:55 AM
If we could clone Rubez, we could play him in at least 10 positions.

And finish each game with 9 men.

Grimario
12-07-2012, 11:17 AM
And finish each game with 9 men.

Finish with 9 Rubez... which is still the equivalent of 16 men.

ToddG NBUnited
12-07-2012, 11:47 AM
I managed to film the majority of the game, not the best quality but im in the process of trying to get it up on YouTube, missed 2 goals one because some douche was standing in the way and one because I ran out of battery on the camera.

Pico
12-07-2012, 12:44 PM
I managed to film the majority of the game, not the best quality but im in the process of trying to get it up on YouTube, missed 2 goals one because some douche was standing in the way and one because I ran out of battery on the camera.

Careful if the herald see that they'll start reporting the jets only won 7-1.

BodyNovo
12-07-2012, 12:50 PM
can't wait for the pre-season 40 yard bomb from rubez. last years against the select side was special :rolleyes:

MFKS
12-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Could GVE's experiment with the new squad be working. Time will tell in the coming games. Would be nice if this was an A-League game. Plenty of time before the seasons start yet.

Night before we play the Gypos at Bluetounge the boys should be sleeping in cardboard boxes on top of cement with stones wedged between the box and cement. We would thump the dirty Gypo Scum by 20

pistolpete
12-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Scoreline definitely flatters us. We did control the ball well but the opposition was pretty much rubbish and their lone striker made our defence look pretty bad a few times. Just lucky he couldn't finish. There were some encouraging signs but it will be interesting to see how we go against quality opposition. One thing I will say is we have alot of pace in the side so if we can get someone who can play the killer ball we should put some goals away.

white city
12-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Todd G did you manage to post what you filmed up on you tube I cant seem to find it

MFKS
12-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Its stuff like this that makes me thank god the FFA haven't inflicted an FFA Cup on us yet. Can you imagine how farcial it is gonna be when we turn up half done and thump a bunch of part timers with a bibs and bobs outfit. Matter of fact we would beat any non HAL club in Australia in our preseason. How are we gonna go during our season.

When this FFA Cup does come in the first HAL side to lose to these part timers should be booted out of the comp on principle

belchardo
12-07-2012, 07:46 PM
i had fun last night. don't remember much of the game. too much talking, too much drinking.

GazFish35
12-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Its stuff like this that makes me thank god the FFA haven't inflicted an FFA Cup on us yet. Can you imagine how farcial it is gonna be when we turn up half done and thump a bunch of part timers with a bibs and bobs outfit. Matter of fact we would beat any non HAL club in Australia in our preseason. How are we gonna go during our season.

When this FFA Cup does come in the first HAL side to lose to these part timers should be booted out of the comp on principle

They were a 'select' side thrown together, so little cohesion would be a given.
The FFA cup absolutely needs to be sorted carefully. I hope they split it up and only put the a-league teams in at the very very end.

pistolpete
12-07-2012, 07:53 PM
The FFA cup absolutely needs to be sorted carefully. I hope they split it up and only put the a-league teams in at the very very end.

That would work well. There would always be the chance of one of the lesser teams providing an upset. Seems to work ok in Europe so should work if it is done right as you say

belchardo
12-07-2012, 07:56 PM
never realised how small goodwin was until last night. unless he puts some meat on them bones he's going to get pushed off a lot of balls this season.

longshot
12-07-2012, 08:05 PM
never realised how small goodwin was until last night. unless he puts some meat on them bones he's going to get pushed off a lot of balls this season.

Did not seem to be a problem for him in his debut versus Victory and last night. They have to catch him first. :)
I would say that the coaching staff would be working hard on him in the gym.

longshot
12-07-2012, 08:12 PM
I am looking forward to see who fills the remaining spots in the front third. Will the club bring in a marquee and another top signing or just go for the money saving option. I think to put more bums on seats and get the membership to 11,000 a good marquee and another big name is the way to go.

ToddG NBUnited
13-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Todd G did you manage to post what you filmed up on you tube I cant seem to find it

it's 1.9gb so still trying to upload it my laptop keeps putting itself in sleeo mode and disconnecting from the net.

GazFish35
13-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Can you break it up?

OmeletteDuFromage
13-07-2012, 09:32 AM
it's 1.9gb so still trying to upload it my laptop keeps putting itself in sleeo mode and disconnecting from the net.

Is there anyway you can send it to me? Cause I can easily compress the vid into like 500mb.

ToddG NBUnited
13-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Is there anyway you can send it to me? Cause I can easily compress the vid into like 500mb.

i've broken it up into the first and second halves. and reduced the quality so thaat there are down to 500mb each. first half is about 20mins from being uploaded. If you want i can see if i can get it to you on a dvd for you to work your magic on? unless there is some other way?

ToddG NBUnited
13-07-2012, 01:32 PM
finally got it embedded below. like i said due to reducing the size quality isn't the best.

ToddG NBUnited
13-07-2012, 01:37 PM
1st half
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHqnp5afM1w

OmeletteDuFromage
13-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Nah, that looks fine :D

la bazzle
13-07-2012, 02:58 PM
nice work! cheers. Lovely ball from griff

ToddG NBUnited
13-07-2012, 03:26 PM
2nd half
http://youtu.be/9P911zxIznQ

halo se7en
14-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Did not seem to be a problem for him in his debut versus Victory and last night. They have to catch him first. :)
I would say that the coaching staff would be working hard on him in the gym.

I hope they aren't… I'm sick of every player being squeezed into the same height and weight ratio at the expense of everything else. Maybe Messi should stop working on ball skills etc and start bulking up - he clearly doesn't have the physique to be a professional footballer.

longshot
14-07-2012, 12:02 PM
I hope they aren't… I'm sick of every player being squeezed into the same height and weight ratio at the expense of everything else. Maybe Messi should stop working on ball skills etc and start bulking up - he clearly doesn't have the physique to be a professional footballer.

Good point actually using Messi as an example. Who cares how he is built. Messi would be the best player in the world. I would say Goodwin would have a high core strength and good body positioning to make up for his slight build. He certianly has proved he has the skills and the shooting power.
All the young guys seem to be great so far. Hope it continues. Plenty of trial games to come for all the players to prove themselves. Cant wait for the season to start.

hawk
15-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Damn awsome TG

true waterboy
16-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Charlestown trial game cancelled Monday, 16 July 2012 1:50 PM

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets wish to advise that the pre-season trial match against the Charlestown City Blues scheduled for Wednesday, July 25 has been cancelled.

The cancellation comes following a request from Northern NSW Football due to scheduled NBN State League catch-up fixtures.

The Jets are working to organise a possible replacement game and the Club will advise its Members and supporters of any new details once they are confirmed.
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Charlestown-trial-game-cancelled/48150

GazFish35
16-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Ha!
I read the first line and thought "ground closed"

Mitchy
16-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Haha. My game is the reason why they changed it, im playing at that ground on the night the jets were meant to play.

Blackmac79
16-07-2012, 07:14 PM
How about you guys come and play Blacktown Spartans, give me an excuse to wander down to the new Synthetic field down there.

Grimario
17-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Club have posted highlights from the game.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-vs-Canberra-Rockets-highlights/48158

Two things - pass from Rubez for Brown goal was lovely and the late swerve on the shot from Goodwin was loooooovely. If he can hit a few of those during the season, I will be well pleased.

pv4
17-07-2012, 11:31 AM
rubez :cool:

belchardo
17-07-2012, 11:43 AM

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-vs-Canberra-Rockets-highlights/48158

Two things - pass from Rubez for Brown goal was lovely and the late swerve on the shot from Goodwin was loooooovely. If he can hit a few of those during the season, I will be well pleased.

does it have rubez putting it over the fence? bastard didn't even go and get his own ball. :D

pv4
17-07-2012, 11:45 AM
in fairness that ball is probably now unfindable. love the row-z.

pretty sure bridges has a few to go fetch from the magic game if we're on this line also.

snake
17-07-2012, 12:46 PM
who's heading tomorrow? has k.o. been announced?

boz-monaut
17-07-2012, 12:59 PM
kick off is at 7pm

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Preseason-Game-3-on-Wednesday/48156

I may go actually - with the missus away I crave human company

snake
17-07-2012, 01:31 PM
see you there

scorps is keen

Jeterpool
17-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Want to, but have physio appointment at 6:30...might be late

Blackmac79
17-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Can someone do me up a match report for tomorrow please. Counting on the jets to post another photo of the team sheet. Ta.

la bazzle
17-07-2012, 07:31 PM

Surely we signed number 14 after this game? Good haircut

OmeletteDuFromage
17-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Surely we signed number 14 after this game? Good haircut

Shit at cartwheels.

pistolpete
17-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Shit at cartwheels.

was hilarious

pv4
17-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Can someone do me up a match report for tomorrow please. Counting on the jets to post another photo of the team sheet. Ta.

I will do a pv4 preseason special (aka he was good, he was shit) if I manage to get to the game.

BodyNovo
18-07-2012, 08:43 AM
yeh love the annual jerks v northern globetrotters fixture.

+ darling street chicken burgers are amazing.

goaliepersempre
18-07-2012, 09:03 AM
yeh love the annual jerks v northern globetrotters fixture.

+ darling street chicken burgers are amazing.

mmm chicken burger :)

will be attending might just make it for kickoff, dependant on when finishing work and damn branxton traffic.

furns
18-07-2012, 09:23 AM
branxton doesnt have traffic lol

goaliepersempre
18-07-2012, 09:24 AM
branxton doesnt have traffic lol

Come for a drive with me up through Branxton then inbetween 5-730am and 4-6pm

boz-monaut
18-07-2012, 09:25 AM
wow, it's a long time since you were in Branxton furns

particular before 7 of a morning or around 3pm

goaliepersempre
18-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Tis horrible, I worked late yesty so wasnt to bad, but one of the surveyors had an hour 45 mins back to maitland (working about 15mins outside of singleton)

Had a good run this morn at 4am.

furns
18-07-2012, 09:38 AM
I was usually asleep or at work at those times when I was living there for over 10 years then ;)

Grimario
18-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Hours ago... starting line up named.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Starting-XI-named-for-NBN-Select-trial/48181

Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets head coach Gary van Egmond has named his starting XI for tonight’s trial game against the NBN State League Select at Darling Street Oval.

The line-up is unchanged from the team that defeated the Canberra Rockets in Canberra last week.

Ben Kennedy will start in goals behind a back-four featuring Scott Neville, Tiago Calvano, Josh Mitchell and Craig Goodwin.

Ben Kantarovski will play as a holding midfielder with Jacob Pepper and Ruben Zadkovich joining him in the middle of the park.

Fresh from scoring a hat-trick against the Rockets, Ryan Griffiths will play at the point of the forward line with James Virgili and James Brown on the wings.

“We’ll be using the same starting line-up as we did in Canberra and making changes throughout the game when we think they’re appropriate,” van Egmond said.

“Again we’ll be concentrating on implementing the style of play we are looking to employ and it is another good opportunity to give these boys some game time.

“It’s very important during this six-week block of pre-season that we start to build up the players’ match fitness.”

Adam Taggart returns from a groin injury and is expected to feature off the bench, while Marko Jesic (hip-flexor) and Jobe Wheelhouse (foot) are both unavailable due to injury.

“Adam will get some game time, but we just need to continue to be careful with him and gradually build-up the strength in the area where the injury was,” van Egmond explained.

Joshua Brillante, Mitch Cooper, Connor Chapman and Jack Duncan are yet to return to Newcastle from their commitments with the Australian under 20’s and will miss the clash.

Match Details:
Darling Street Oval
Wednesday, July 18
Kick-off 7pm

Jeterpool
18-07-2012, 06:37 PM

Wish I could help you out blackmac. Sorry mate. Stuck at physios then gotta head home to do more work.

OmeletteDuFromage
18-07-2012, 07:19 PM
So far its 3-0, Goodwin hat-trick.

Wut.

hawk
18-07-2012, 07:34 PM
not playing the pups now are ya.

Grimario
18-07-2012, 07:54 PM
So far its 3-0, Goodwin hat-trick.

Wut.

Craig Goodwin unleashes a long bomb from well outside the area that rockets into the top corner
Craig Goodwin finds the back of the net from outside the box once again. This time the ball takes a wicked deflection to beat GK
Craig Goodwin has a hat-trick! This time a powerful finish from a tight angle that goes across the face of the keeper into the bottom corner

Love it.

Jeterpool
18-07-2012, 08:53 PM
So...how's Ritter feeling right now??

scarfy96
19-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Work ruled me out unfortunately. Anyone make it there? Non-herald match report anyone?

longshot
19-07-2012, 08:58 AM

I would say he would be feeling ok. He put in quite a decent performance himself. GVE has great flexibility at left back and fantastic cover in both players. Plus they can play in other positions as well. Great problem to have.

BodyNovo
19-07-2012, 09:10 AM

i'd assume he is feeling pretty good, was probably the stand out player in the second half besides the row z like shots he had a couple of times.

after goodwin's 15 minutes of amazement, he was basically marked out of the game, nick russel and bray smith were double marking him whenever he got in any threataning position.

instead of summarising the game i'll just summarise the players performances

BK: did nothing all half until one of the last plays of the 1st half when he pulled out a wonder save to deny haynes

Neville: the most promising player of the night, was assured in defence, got forward when required and put in a couple of decent deliveries.

Tiago: seems to have cut out half the rubbish (bar late 2nd half blemishes when petit began to get round him), was constantly communicating with gve throughout the 1st half about the team going forward, had a lot more confidence playing the ball to josh mitchell in difficult situations. embarassing moment for him surely was being out jumped for the ball by maj for a header more than a few times.

Mitchell: good but not great. Better ball player than topor, did let haynes get behind him once or twice during proceedings.

Goodwin: Can strike the ball thats for sure, linked up very well with the midfield and brown in the first 15 and like i said once his period of dominance was over he was marked out of the game and failed to offer anything much more going forward, but was still very solid in defence.

Kanta: he looks better than the state league outfit but thats about it, what used to look like calmness on the ball has turned into a casual laziness, looked very cocky on the ball and was outplayed by pepper. i pray his growth as a footballer hasn't stalled.

Pepper: continously improving as a player, his movement is very strong, his ball play is solid and his defence has improved immensely this season.

Rubez: no need to comment he just did his normal thing, ran all day, passed all day, tried shooting all day.

Brown: worked hard for not much luck, is a talented footballer thats for sure, changed inbetween with griff nicely, was a key factor in goodwin having the space for 2 of the 3 goals.

Griff: usual griff performance without the goal.

virgilli: he has improved massively from the 16 year old that made his debut some time ago, had a good battle against his brother and delivered some nice crosses, still a bit of the way of HAL standard.

Biri: like BK didn't have much to do but when called upon did his job nicely.

Bridges: tried every fancy trick in the book and still couldn't score, the crowd are just in love with this bloke, good player to have when chasing a game but thats about it.

oxborrow: didn't really take much of him in, took his goal well.

Ritter: stood out with the boots and the haircut and his performance matched it, hugged the sideline well and tucked in nicely when the opportunity arose, going to be a real tussle with goodwin for that starting LB spot which is what you want.

Taagart: a real out and out striker, plenty of pace to burn, took both his goals beautifully, how much he'll progress with the 1st team this year i guess is up to GVE.

Regan & gallaway: both weren't given much time, gallaway is aids and can't leave sooner.

from the select side there was no real standout performance, they all really tried hard, swancott was a menace in goals until subbed and couldn't do much about all the goals he conceeded. hodges was nullified and couldn't do what he normally does for olympic, haynes and maj tried hard but haynes had the only real clear cut opportunity. Petit was trying, but it is obvious he isn't cut out for HAL standard. Nick Russell was solid but like everyone else couldn't really get into the game. the defence were all really poor tbh as well. hopefully they offer a better performance next time. this bodes well on to my next point, i really think they should have kept this game for after the conclusion of NBN season, all players than would have the opportunity to be fully focused to have a crack at the jets. last year they offered a much better performance and the result showed (i think it was only 1-0 until the 80th minute). just my opinion anyways

pv4
19-07-2012, 09:27 AM
great summary, yakman.

reading your reviews on each player reminds me of the magic game (except for a standout period for goodwin) so i think the players are pretty consistently performing the same way they did last night.

bummer i couldn't make last night

did buarez get any/much gametime?

plague
19-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Cheers Newyrover.
What sort of role was Pepper playing?

parksey
19-07-2012, 10:52 AM
ruben was pretty awful in the first half. i didn't pay much attention in the second 45 but i did see him do a few good things and a few bad things.

pv4
19-07-2012, 10:57 AM
ruben was pretty awful in the first half. i didn't pay much attention in the second 45 but i did see him do a few good things and a few bad things.

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/23662500.jpg

rubez has never been awful. ever.

BodyNovo
19-07-2012, 11:00 AM
great summary, yakman.

reading your reviews on each player reminds me of the magic game (except for a standout period for goodwin) so i think the players are pretty consistently performing the same way they did last night.

bummer i couldn't make last night

did buarez get any/much gametime?

didn't see magic so can't comment

burez got the first 45 mins in than played the last 15 (yes nbns bench was like a rugby league one)

the big fella was a bit nervous distribution wasn't as good and he got pulled out of position a couple of times by griff and brown.

Cheers Newyrover.
What sort of role was Pepper playing?

him and kanta were playing holding roles with ruben in a free role ahead. in saying that pepper did get forward a couple of times in the first half but was still very simple in his distribution.

plague
19-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Anyone know who this mystery Scottish attacker trialist is?

evolution
19-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Anyone know who this mystery Scottish attacker trialist is?

Mark Burchill according to the Jets twitter feed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Burchill

He played for Celtic, sorry Scozz!

pv4
19-07-2012, 12:03 PM
He played for Celtic, sorry Scozz!

lol looks like he played for the every club in the current (:lulzturtle:) scottish premier league.

evolution
19-07-2012, 12:18 PM
lol looks like he played for the every club in the current (:lulzturtle:) scottish premier league.

Lololol

http://www.joe.ie/uploads/story/26917/Axxpka-CAAAhxHs.jpg

la bazzle
19-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Sounds a tad dodge

steve136
19-07-2012, 01:01 PM
GVE is onto something. Maybe it's just me, but all the quality strikers in the world seem to emerge from teams in the bottom half of the Thai Premier League.

white city
21-07-2012, 08:41 AM
GVE is onto something. Maybe it's just me, but all the quality strikers in the world seem to emerge from teams in the bottom half of the Thai Premier League.

Mark burchill is shite, was supposed to be next big thing in Scottish football, and never made it. We continually bring in lousy imports from this rubbish DVD process

Pico
21-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Geez the way some people carry on, he paid his own way here for a trial, a trial he was given because he was recommended by Fowler to Middelby, and that's it, we haven't signed the bloke yet, could be worse we could be like Adelaide and have that Dexter Rosales bloke heading over for a trial :roflz:

Jeterpool
21-07-2012, 07:08 PM
, could be worse we could be like Adelaide and have that Dexter Rosales bloke heading over for a trial :roflz:

Exactly. At least Drovandi showed up. And then got off the bench for the worst 27 minutes ever. Worse than Pinto

pistolpete
21-07-2012, 07:15 PM
I actually thought Drovandi looked quite impressive in his debut if you are talking about the pre season match in Parramatta? Especially as he was probably suffering from jetlag

GazFish35
21-07-2012, 08:43 PM
You were too busy staring at Parko's chest to see how bad he was.

pistolpete
21-07-2012, 09:15 PM
You were too busy staring at Parko's chest to see how bad he was.

http://img.karaoke-lyrics.net/img/artists/11693/busted-58954.jpg

northern_swan
21-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Geez the way some people carry on, he paid his own way here for a trial, a trial he was given because he was recommended by Fowler to Middelby, and that's it, we haven't signed the bloke yet, could be worse we could be like Adelaide and have that Dexter Rosales bloke heading over for a trial :roflz:

This.

At worst, we have wasted a free set of training gear on a washed up mercenary.

At best, the bloke is up to kilter and he becomes the new Scottish Griff.

GazFish35
21-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Who was the old Scottish griff?

Jeterpool
22-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Where and when is the next trial?

furns
22-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Isn't the next confirmed trial the second game against Northern select on Aug 6th?

northern_swan
22-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Who was the old Scottish griff?

I meant he will become the new crowd favourite goal scoring machine, who happens to be Scottish

GazFish35
22-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Sweet. Thought I missed something.
Griff in a kilt would be amazing.

seldom
22-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Griff in a kilt would be amazing.

would get plenty of exposure :blush:

MFKS
22-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Rumour doing the rounds I heard was that Jets will take on Phoenix at Weston Park in Late August

No confirmation yet but rumour

Blackmac79
22-07-2012, 08:40 PM
If that is a weekend game I might have to make the trip up. Have always wanted to go to weston.... I lie. However may still make the trip.

MFKS
22-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Believe it may be happening on a Saturday in the end of August but only about 85% certain of this??

Superdylan
23-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Weston could be handy, workers club right next to the ground aswell.

la bazzle
23-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Is the local pool close by?

Jetmaster
23-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Is the local pool close by?

Yes - but it is an indoor pool.

Bon
25-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Is anyone getting down to the Intra-club trial game that is going on this morning??

&1gest
25-07-2012, 10:09 AM
mentioned on 1233 it is at hunter valley grammar, due to ground closure and therefore not open to public

Bon
25-07-2012, 10:13 AM
mentioned on 1233 it is at hunter valley grammar, due to ground closure and therefore not open to public

Ahhhh ok.. I saw it advertised on Facey this morning, it said it was at the school but I didnt realised that would make it closed to public..
Fair enough..

goaliepersempre
25-07-2012, 10:36 AM
why at hvg? surely better grounds?

Hamma12
25-07-2012, 10:52 AM
surely better grounds?

Lisle carr oval.Oh wait that's never open my bad

&1gest
25-07-2012, 10:59 AM
updates happening on twitter #goJets (https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23goJets) @NewcastleJetsFC

Grimario
25-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Jets youth: Birighitti, Hoole, Chapman, Regan, Goodwin, Brillante, Cooper, Oxborrow, Jesic, Fajkovic, Bradbery
vs
Jets first XI: Kennedy, Neville, Tiago, Mitchell, Ritter, Kantarovski, Pepper, Zadkovich, Burchill, Griffiths, Virgili

James Virgili puts the first XI ahead after capitalising on a mistake at the back #goJets

Grimario
25-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Lawls @ Jesic in youth. Playing on right wing.

FFS

Kale Bradbery was brought down in the box and Marko Jesic converted from the spot #goJets

1-1

goaliepersempre
25-07-2012, 11:24 AM
keep it coming, since twitter is banned at work now :(

Grimario
25-07-2012, 11:25 AM
keep it coming since, twitter is banned at work now :(

Will do. Only posting goal updates but from the feed, Bradberry is amazing. Is basically a one man youth team. Birra has also been immense in goals for yoof.

Grimario
25-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Yoof are up!

Grimario
25-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Right on the stroke of half time, Andrew Hoole puts the Jets youth ahead after receiving a nice cut-back from Marko Jesic #goJets

BodyNovo
25-07-2012, 11:34 AM
i think the jets twitter people are misplacing faj for Jesic.

steve136
25-07-2012, 11:35 AM
lol if the first team lose or even draw with the youth team

Grimario
25-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Second half about to start, a few players have swapped sides #goJets