MFKS
30-03-2015, 12:04 AM
Won the second game tonight V Chinese Taipei 4-0

Taggz and Beard on the score sheet for Olyroos

Retro Jet
04-11-2015, 01:00 AM
Another tournament to look forward to.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_AFC_U-23_Championship

Shame we don't see the home/away format any more. Costs I suppose.
I have very fond memories of playing Iraq 17 Nov, 2007.
Best memory was the Twisted Sister:- 'We're not gonna take it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xmckWVPRaI)'
You're not going to Beijing...and we Arrrrrrree
Another memory:- It was front2's first international football game experience too.

Jetmaster
16-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Laughs galore already....Vidmar out.

MFKS
16-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Laughs galore already....Vidmar out.
When the bloke puts Kitto on standby you know he has NFI

FFS he is only getting a run with us as we are FUBAR

Imyourhero
16-01-2016, 12:04 PM
With the squad we have we should be doing better

The Dunster
16-01-2016, 01:45 PM
With the squad we have we should be doing better

Australia dominated possession but failed to score a goal.
Taggart remained on the bench for the entire game as an unused substitute.

There's your answer.

lquiquer
21-01-2016, 09:21 AM
Vidmar OUT

MFKS
21-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Vidmar OUT

Pissant

What a disgrace to not get out of that group.

FMD

Vietnam UAE and Jordan

Can only score twice.

Excatly why is Taggart not getting a run???

Jeterpool
21-01-2016, 10:03 AM
Pissant

What a disgrace to not get out of that group.

FMD

Vietnam UAE and Jordan

Can only score twice.

Excatly why is Taggart not getting a run???

Didn't they say they were using match fit players? Taggz hasn't exactly been running out week-in, week-out. Just suggesting a reason, by the way. Not defending it.

Regardless it is a disappointing result. It might be an over-reaction but it doesn't necessarily fill me with a great deal of confidence for the future.

Cahill will be playing until he is 50 at this rate.

The Dunster
21-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Vidmar is definitely doing all the right things to land himself a job managing the Jets.

BodyNovo
21-01-2016, 01:21 PM
I don't know whats more embarassing

the failure to qualify for 2 olympics in a row

or

the newcastle jets failing to make the finals in a salary capped league 6 (most likely 7) years running

lquiquer
21-01-2016, 01:26 PM
I don't know whats more embarassing

the failure to qualify for 2 olympics in a row

or

the newcastle jets failing to make the finals in a salary capped league 6 (most likely 7) years running

The failure to qualify for 2 olympics in a row (UAE / Jordan / Vietnam FFS)

Imyourhero
21-01-2016, 01:44 PM
FFA curriculum once again shining

WolfMan
21-01-2016, 02:20 PM
The Dutch have screwed us royally. Well played

Imyourhero
21-01-2016, 03:32 PM
Never trust the Dutch

hawk
21-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Vidmar OUT

cvntmar

Jetmaster
22-01-2016, 08:07 AM
Just reaffirms that alot of these kids that are built up to be our future superstars are not as good as they think (or their agents tell them) they are.

Look at our boys - Taggz, Hoole, Brillante. Pumped up big time here - I still think Hoole is being over-hyped since he went to the Smurfs and the other two can't get any quality football.

They should be a bit more like Emerton and get a few seasons at your home club under your belt before moving on.

redwah
22-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Just reaffirms that alot of these kids that are built up to be our future superstars are not as good as they think (or their agents tell them) they are.

Look at our boys - Taggz, Hoole, Brillante. Pumped up big time here - I still think Hoole is being over-hyped since he went to the Smurfs and the other two can't get any quality football.

They should be a bit more like Emerton and get a few seasons at your home club under your belt before moving on.

Reaffirms it because our biggest star is Cahill and he's nearly as old as I am.

Lack of a reserve grade to the a league is what is killing our junior national teams. If more kids coming through had to play against men in the scrubbers than pissing off overseas at 12 to play for some euro team that then won't release them our kids would be better prepared.

How many of the "golden" generation actually went to Europe early....Kewell, Cahill.....any others? I'm sure most had a run in the old nsl before chasing a buck and I'd bet most got a good kicking in the reserves when they were early teens if they were good enough.

All 3 of those ex jets should be still here bossing this league if they are ever going to be good enough.

MFKS
23-01-2016, 09:06 AM

Agree with this.

Far too many of them **** off at the first opportunity after a good spell in the HAL only to sit on the bench play reserves for a Euro Club

Good example of getting it right is Mat Ryan
Speds a few years at the Gypos developing his game and thengoes to a Euro club where he is gonna get game time.
Establishes himself there gets noticed and wins a better contract to a Bigger League Club

Who the **** represents these players and talks them into signing deals with clubs they are not gonna be playing at??
Exactly what is the thought process here for an establishing player to sacrifice actual football to sit in the stands each weekend and collect a slightly better pay packet??

I notice nothing has been mentioned about the NYL.
The idea to cut it back to an 8 round joke of a comp is gonna achieve what in rectifying our Yoof problems??

FFA need to pull their finger out of their arse and rectify the lack of funding and attention that is going into our 12-18 year old kids across the country.
This is the crucial development phase that turns the kid from potential to performance.

These kids should be going to Euro clubs as kids and getting trained the right way early. If they don't they need to be breaking into the HAL at 17-18 years old and making enough of an impact that they are by the time they are 20-21 have 100 games under their belts and are ready to step up into Euro football and not wither away on the bench/reserves.

Reality is not enough of them are ready at 17-18 years for the HAL. That is the problem

Imyourhero
23-01-2016, 09:47 AM
My problem with the curriculum is that it strips away natural flair that any player potentially has. The coaches are expected be follow the system to almost fanatical levels, the whole concept behind following 4-3-3 is that positionally it covers all areas of the pitch, which is true but the kids are expected to play their positions without fail. And if they don't they are quickly dropped. What I'm saying is that the kids develop in an environment where they are strictly scrutinised to follow orders and keep their position, for me, what this is causing is an inability and/or fear for a player to take the bulls by the horn during a game and instinctively play passes, make runs or move into areas outside of their designated position. Personally I feel that the one thing missing for australian football at every level is the freedom for players to do the above, it is these skills during a game which make the difference between a high caliber player and a squad player.

The Dunster
23-01-2016, 10:13 AM
My problem with the curriculum is that it strips away natural flair that any player potentially has. The coaches are expected be follow the system to almost fanatical levels, the whole concept behind following 4-3-3 is that positionally it covers all areas of the pitch, which is true but the kids are expected to play their positions without fail. And if they don't they are quickly dropped. What I'm saying is that the kids develop in an environment where they are strictly scrutinised to follow orders and keep their position, for me, what this is causing is an inability and/or fear for a player to take the bulls by the horn during a game and instinctively play passes, make runs or move into areas outside of their designated position. Personally I feel that the one thing missing for australian football at every level is the freedom for players to do the above, it is these skills during a game which make the difference between a high caliber player and a squad player.

Good post. It's probably a good explanation of how Kaz Patafta was ruined as a player and no doubt many others. Nathan Burns for example has said that given his time over again he would have gone to Europe before he turned 17 or so. because he felt he was that far behind staying in Australia.

Unfortunately in all codes of football or indeed like / business the system is becoming too regimented for its own good. AFL in particular is absolutely nothing like it was 40 years or more ago - and Football and Rugby codes appear to have also gon the same way. In some ways it's better but in others not so much.

WolfMan
23-01-2016, 10:29 AM
I share your scepticism of the national framework handed down by our Dutch overlords.

It completely disregards the impact individuals can have on a game. Far too regimented.

Miller is obviously on board with it though given his direct quoting from the curriculum in last week's press conference (BP and BPO)

MFKS
23-01-2016, 10:58 AM
I share your scepticism of the national framework handed down by our Dutch overlords.

It completely disregards the impact individuals can have on a game. Far too regimented.

Miller is obviously on board with it though given his direct quoting from the curriculum in last week's press conference (BP and BPO)

I don't think it is the framework that is the problem.

The problem is the idiots overseeing it and their undying belief in it and that they allow little compromise.

Reality is when I look at blokes like Robben Sneijder Gullit Cruyff Van Basten RVP RVN etc through the years I see blokes with flair flair flair and who do the individual thing.

Why the **** are those at the FFA so hell bent on us constantly just shuffling the ball sideways back and forth mainly sideways and backwards with retaining possession the ultimate KPI for them???

The ****s have come up with an idea and have no idea how to implement it as they have their interpretations wrong from the get go

On another note The Dutch have won **** all in the grand scheme of things so why pick them??

Why not the Germans??

They are pretty consistent through the ages winning World Cups Euros etc and even when they don't they are finalists semi finalists regularly

WolfMan
23-01-2016, 11:16 AM
I was going to say the same RE: Dutch record, but then I had a look. They have been pretty consistent in finishing quite highly in the last few international trophies.

More movement within the structure to carve out our own identity on the world stage IMHO

Imyourhero
23-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Why the **** are those at the FFA so hell bent on us constantly just shuffling the ball sideways back and forth mainly sideways and backwards with retaining possession the ultimate KPI for them???

This is where i feel alot of the issues are coming from, the curriculum and belief by the directors that possession equals dominance/skill/development. Possession equals nothing if you can't do anything with it. In the past 2 weeks alone we have seen A league teams with majority possession hammered by multiple goals. Brisbane last night and whoever played victory last week.

MFKS
23-01-2016, 11:54 AM
I was going to say the same RE: Dutch record, but then I had a look. They have been pretty consistent in finishing quite highly in the last few international trophies.

More movement within the structure to carve out our own identity on the world stage IMHO

Who they playing in Euro 2016 again??

Its the biggest Euros ever with 24 playing and they are sitting on the beach somewhere watching it.

Pretty embarrassing really

halo se7en
24-01-2016, 10:30 AM
This is where i feel alot of the issues are coming from, the curriculum and belief by the directors that possession equals dominance/skill/development. Possession equals nothing if you can't do anything with it. In the past 2 weeks alone we have seen A league teams with majority possession hammered by multiple goals. Brisbane last night and whoever played victory last week.

Wasn't that Brisbane too? :rof: (or were you just taking the piss?)

Imyourhero
26-01-2016, 09:21 AM
Vidmars contract not to be renewed when it expires next month.

MFKS
26-01-2016, 10:50 AM

So he is free to take over the Jets then???

Imyourhero
26-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Nah, his teams score too many goals.

Retro Jet
04-03-2016, 06:48 PM

Bang on there..thank f**k!
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/03/04/olyroos-coach-aurelio-vidmar-axed

Imyourhero
04-03-2016, 08:09 PM
To be replaced by a coach who will probably be 99.9% identical in terms of coaching philosophy.

lquiquer
04-03-2016, 08:21 PM
To be replaced by a coach who will probably be 99.9% identical in terms of coaching philosophy.

GVE?.....perfect...