View Full Version : The TV Shows Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

twmike
02-06-2016, 05:16 AM
https://wishcrys.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/image1.jpeg?w=648

Haha! This is cool.

Grimario
04-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Has anyone watched The Expanse? Such a good heavy drama sci fi show.

Bon
04-07-2016, 11:47 AM

I have not.. Is it a new show?

I've been having a regression session and watching full episodes of Bush Tucker Man on youtube..
Bloody loved that show as a kid, Les Hiddins is an absolute legend..

Grimario
04-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Newish... came out in November, 9 episodes (last one was a double) with season 2 in January 2017.

It's not like most recent sci fi where every episode is almost a story wrapped in itself. Long tangled threads, more like GoT than anything else I can think off the top of my head right now. Very heavy political influence, terrorism and rebellion and all in an almost believable future sci fi setting.

StannyCFCJET
04-07-2016, 12:01 PM
Been Watching Band Of Brothers. What A ****ing Amazing Show

Retro Jet
04-07-2016, 12:10 PM
I just discovered Rake.
Cleaver Green quote of quotes: "I was the sand in the vagina of the NSW bar association".

Series 1 DVD is on it's way to my place this week. :grin:

q-money
04-07-2016, 12:23 PM
I just discovered Rake.
Cleaver Green quote of quotes: "I was the sand in the vagina of the NSW bar association".

the episode with sam neill in the first season is easily one of the funniest things that has ever been put to air in australia.

plague
13-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Anyone seen 1st Ep of 'The night of'

Thought it was great.

Grimario
29-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Anyone watching S2 of Mr Robot?
Anyone watching Preacher?

Did anyone watch the first season of The Expanse?

So much TV. So good.

Imyourhero
29-07-2016, 10:43 AM
Been watching Preacher. Never seen the graphic novels so from my point of view I'm loving it. It's the kind of show though that I hope they don't drag out for hundreds of seasons. I wanna see 2-3 seasons max of top quality storyline and then wrap it up nicely.

skippy
29-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Been watching Stranger things, get on it.

plague
29-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Anyone watching S2 of Mr Robot?

Yeah, it's good.
Cracks me up the critics whinging the early Eps are too long.

Because of course we should just tidy up the blokes descent into insanity and the collapse of the financial system nice and quick.

If they want mindless fluff go watch Ballers. Sometimes uncomfortable TV is good TV.

Oh and more of the bondage lady please. She is smoking hot.

boz-monaut
29-07-2016, 03:56 PM
I just discovered Rake.

can we borrow the DVD at some stage?

and I've taken to using lines from Rake e.g. from when Cleaver was getting the drunken Cal out of the house "come on, come on, off you fµck"

skippy
29-07-2016, 04:11 PM
can we borrow the DVD at some stage?

and I've taken to using lines from Rake e.g. from when Cleaver was getting the drunken Cal out of the house "come on, come on, off you fµck"

Rake is on netflix if that interests you.

WolfMan
29-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Anyone seen 1st Ep of 'The night of'

Thought it was great.

Just watched it then. Superb set up. Watching episode 2 now

plague
29-07-2016, 11:55 PM
Just watched it then. Superb set up. Watching episode 2 now

Plus Bodie Broadus from The Wire is in it so I'm watching.

The Dunster
30-07-2016, 09:12 AM
I just discovered Rake.

All on netflix in HD for $11.99 a month. And you can watch series 4 on ABC Iview.

Cleaver Greene: You know what my first act will be when I run this country?
Melissa Partridge: Make threesomes compulsory?
Cleaver Greene: Okay... uhhh... my second act will be to abolish five day weather forecasts and publicly execute those who give them.

parksey
31-07-2016, 01:59 PM
The Kettering Incident on showcase has been pretty good so far. I'm up to episode three.

Imyourhero
31-07-2016, 02:46 PM
I cant handle australian made television

Bon
02-08-2016, 09:33 AM
Been watching Stranger things, get on it.

Will add to this, binge watched the whole season over the weekend..
Check it out. Bloody good..

furns
02-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Finally watched the first three eps of The Night Of
Really enjoying it so far

skippy
02-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Review with Myles Barlow, just discovered this gem on Netflix ****ing hilarious.

leftrightout
03-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Review with Myles Barlow, just discovered this gem on Netflix ****ing hilarious.

Yeah that one is an absolute classic, who would have thought reviewing sex with a male prostitute would be so funny!

Bon
03-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Yeah that one is an absolute classic, who would have thought reviewing sex with a male prostitute would be so funny!

YES!!
I've been posting on here about that bloody show for ages.. Particularly my fave review of having a Dickhead Mate, so funny.. (and it has the bonus of having a younger Margot Robbie in it)

Superdylan
04-09-2016, 11:38 PM
Whats everyones take on australia survivor? Havent been this interested in one for years.

Grimario
05-09-2016, 07:49 AM
Absolute ****ing trash like every single reality TV show in existence.

The Dunster
05-09-2016, 02:52 PM
If they put Ivan Milat on the island with them I think Survivor would be well worth watching.

furns
18-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Anyone else watching Westworld?
Really getting interesting now

Grimario
18-11-2016, 05:16 PM

This is now on Netflix.

You have no excuse for watching it.

WolfMan
18-11-2016, 05:21 PM

Yep. First episode was a bit bland, but every one since has been a cracker.

Might purchase one of those Real Sex Dolls now

Bon
21-11-2016, 10:10 AM

Am pretty keen to start watching this..
(Having some issues with Netfrix on my damn Samsung "smart" tv, apparently they have done some update where the sound just cuts out of Netfrix now.. Cause it can.. So frustrating)

Finally picked up the Ash Vs Evil Dead first series the other day. Once again, need to find the time to sit down and give it a proper viewing..

WolfMan
07-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Anyone else caught the finale of Westworld?

Brilliant

StannyCFCJET
18-01-2017, 02:20 PM
Sherlock God Damm!!!!!!!!!!! Best show on tv hands down

skippy
18-01-2017, 02:31 PM

Finished Westworld the other week is ****ing epic.

WolfMan
18-01-2017, 03:04 PM
Finished Westworld the other week is ****ing epic.

I'm sad to say this will be my final story. An old friend once told me something that gave me great comfort. Something he had read. He said that Mozart, Beethoven, and Chopin never died....
....They simply became music.
So, I hope you will enjoy this last piece very much.

skippy
18-01-2017, 04:03 PM
I'm sad to say this will be my final story. An old friend once told me something that gave me great comfort. Something he had read. He said that Mozart, Beethoven, and Chopin never died....
....They simply became music.
So, I hope you will enjoy this last piece very much.

Surely he comes back as a host yeah?

plague
23-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Allo boys, does anyone on here use Foxtel Play as opposed to a set top box?
if so does it stream in HD and is it any good? thinking of switching over from box but can't get definitive answer as to the signal quality.

q-money
23-01-2017, 01:28 PM
if so does it stream in HD and is it any good? thinking of switching over from box but can't get definitive answer as to the signal quality.

i used to use Play exclusively at home, but then they stopped supporting the delivery via Xbox live - so i switched over to a set top box. my building is cabled so it's pretty sweet, does all the FTA channels as well so can record etc. the mrs loves that shit

it doesn't stream in HD, but the picture quality is decent enough, probably about DVD quality

i think i only pay about 10 bucks more a month for the full package than i did with foxtel play though, and you get Go with a cabled/sat package anyway

just out of interest, why are you thinking of binning it? just to avoid the contract through the dead air between football seasons?

Jeterpool
23-01-2017, 01:29 PM

I use both from time to time. Used it for football and it's not too bad (ipad air 1). The wife uses it while she's up feeding the new bub too and it's not too bad even with a reasonably shoddy ADSL connection.

plague
23-01-2017, 06:42 PM
just out of interest, why are you thinking of binning it? just to avoid the contract through the dead air between football seasons?

BECAUSE THE JETS GET BAD KICKOFF TIMES BHUUUUUHHH.

ahem.... sorry.
Nah the new place is only wired for SD, so Foxtel won't give me back my iq even though my techo mate can bodgy up the connection to get me a HD signal.

Reading lately you can run Foxtel play though the Telstra TV device and it runs in HD onto your telly.

They also said that they will eventually provide the Foxtel play ap to support all smart TVs so in theory everything is available 'soon'.

Just going back to a SD picture is not something I'm interested in. I imagine that's what all those poor people in Somalia have to deal with.

No thanks.

Grimario
23-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Not wired for HD?? What kind of nonsense is that... it's just a satellite on the roof, innit?

The Dunster
23-01-2017, 07:19 PM
BECAUSE THE JETS GET BAD KICKOFF TIMES BHUUUUUHHH.

ahem.... sorry.
Nah the new place is only wired for SD, so Foxtel won't give me back my iq even though my techo mate can bodgy up the connection to get me a HD signal.

Reading lately you can run Foxtel play though the Telstra TV device and it runs in HD onto your telly.

They also said that they will eventually provide the Foxtel play ap to support all smart TVs so in theory everything is available 'soon'.

Just going back to a SD picture is not something I'm interested in. I imagine that's what all those poor people in Somalia have to deal with.

No thanks.

BT Sports offer 4K sport packages - how shit is this country for not doing the same.

Also, don't hold your breath about a Foxtel play app for existing TV's. If they don't already have it I don't like your chances. I do not see how one app could be compatible with all TV's as they use different OS's and then you have firmware to contend with as well.

It will have to be a joint venture between manufacturers and Foxtel - which at best will mean it will get support in the next generation of TV not current ones.

I'd love to be wrong though.

plague
23-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Not wired for HD?? What kind of nonsense is that... it's just a satellite on the roof, innit?

apartment building. they future proofed it by not bothering with cabling thinking that everything would be through your internet by now.

they were close, but just not close enough.

plague
23-01-2017, 08:33 PM
Also, don't hold your breath about a Foxtel play app for existing TV's. If they don't already have it I don't like your chances. I do not see how one app could be compatible with all TV's as they use different OS's and then you have firmware to contend with as well.

yeah they partnered with LG and Samsung back in the early days and had pretty much all models covered up until the early 2015 stuff. they are partnering again with both those companies to push through the HD compatible service but once again its not up yet. the OLED/4K stuff is apparently the key target as thats the future of TVs.

but still, right now im watching garbage football in garbage definition.

sad*

*copyright Donald J Trump

Grimario
23-01-2017, 09:16 PM
apartment building. they future proofed it by not bothering with cabling thinking that everything would be through your internet by now.

they were close, but just not close enough.

****ing Malcolm.

plague
23-01-2017, 09:39 PM
****ing Malcolm.

theres a rooftop carpark for all our flying cars too.

The Dunster
23-01-2017, 11:59 PM
yeah they partnered with LG and Samsung back in the early days and had pretty much all models covered up until the early 2015 stuff. they are partnering again with both those companies to push through the HD compatible service but once again its not up yet. the OLED/4K stuff is apparently the key target as thats the future of TVs.

but still, right now im watching garbage football in garbage definition.

sad*

*copyright Donald J Trump

Get yourself some 4K Netflix to ease the pain - You haven't watched Daredevil or the other marvel shows until you see them in 4K HDR.

plague
24-01-2017, 08:13 AM
Get yourself some 4K Netflix to ease the pain - You haven't watched Daredevil or the other marvel shows until you see them in 4K HDR.

Meh. It's sport or movies for me.
No time for TV shows unless it's something really special.
Mrs Plague enjoys Game of Thrones but I've no idea who the **** anyone is I can't keep up.

baldrick
24-01-2017, 08:24 AM
Mrs Plague enjoys Game of Thrones but I've no idea who the **** anyone is I can't keep up.

Don't get attached to any of the characters

Bremsstrahlung
24-01-2017, 08:29 AM
Game of thrones is a nightmare at the start.
I remember I had a "family tree" of the season 1 cast/story to make life bearable. Would recommend.

Have started watching Westworld and 2 episodes in, I'm curious to see where it goes.
Also watched a couple of episodes of Black Mirror also. Interestingly dark concepts.

plague
24-01-2017, 09:24 AM
Don't get attached to any of the characters

Oh man you know me I'm cheering for everyone to get slaughtered.

The Dunster
24-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Meh. It's sport or movies for me.
No time for TV shows unless it's something really special.

Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones are exceptional for that genre - probably only bettered by the first Iron Man movie - but kicking the crap out of the majority.
But I do agree Netflix doesn't offer much movie and sports wise - unless you like low key character based indie type flicks.

Note: I've watched every episode of Jane the Virgin - so I don't have much credibility.

Grimario
24-01-2017, 11:54 AM
Luke Cage is fantastic, agreed.

Black Mirror and Stranger Things also good. Plus there is a bunch of stuff that isn't broadcast on any channel here like The Expanse.

Also, consider investing in some VPN shenanigans. Netflix from US/UK/Canada/Germany etc has a lot more variety.

furns
24-01-2017, 01:36 PM
Luke Cage is fantastic, agreed.

Black Mirror and Stranger Things also good. Plus there is a bunch of stuff that isn't broadcast on any channel here like The Expanse.

Also, consider investing in some VPN shenanigans. Netflix from US/UK/Canada/Germany etc has a lot more variety.
They also dont work for too long as Netflix shuts them down.

Grimario
24-01-2017, 01:41 PM
They try to... I've had no problems with the one I have been using for almost a year now...

StannyCFCJET
24-01-2017, 01:47 PM
I don't see why they would/should care. Your still paying for the thing you just want more content. What's wrong with that??

The Dunster
24-01-2017, 01:54 PM
I don't see why they would/should care. Your still paying for the thing you just want more content. What's wrong with that??

Netflix pay for the right to broadcast movies or shows in a certain geographic zone.
The owners of the films or shows offer those rights to distributors - you often find that the same film or show will have different distributors for different continents / zones.

So it's not Netflix calling the shots here it is the distributors / those holding the rights to the material in specific zones.

The idea of free-markets is just that - an idea. It's not the reality.

There is more than enough content on Netflix Australia. I'm yet to meet anyone that's watched every show on it.

StannyCFCJET
24-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Netflix pay for the right to broadcast movies or shows in a certain geographic zone.
The owners of the films or shows lease those rights to distributors - you often find that the same film or show will have different distributors for different continents / zones.

So it's not Netflix calling the shots here it is the distributors / those holding the rights to the material in specific zones.

Ahhh that makes sense but wouldn't you want your show/movie getting as much exposure as possible or is it a case of Australian companies being tight arses?

The Dunster
25-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Ahhh that makes sense but wouldn't you want your show/movie getting as much exposure as possible or is it a case of Australian companies being tight arses?

It would also come down to competitors of Netflix like Stan or Fox... and so on possibly outbidding them in the Australia market for certain movies or programs. Obviously, there is also the cases whereby Netflix in Australia outbids the competition for programs as well. In my opinion I think it's a good thing to have Netflix, Stan, Fox, and so on competing for our business.

Bremsstrahlung
25-01-2017, 08:05 PM
I only recently realised Foxtel Play has an "Anytime" capability with shows like Walking Dead and Westworld. Also, interestingly i don't think i can watch them when they are broadcast on their original channels, but i can stream them at my leisure. Not complaining.

Bon
09-02-2017, 09:31 AM
Anyone else been watching or seen The OA? Its on Netfrix..
I'm only halfway through the series (so please no spoilers), but its pretty damn interesting atm..

skippy
09-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Anyone else been watching or seen The OA? Its on Netfrix..
I'm only halfway through the series (so please no spoilers), but its pretty damn interesting atm..

Yeah watched EP 4? last night really enjoying it, a bit weird for me at times.

Bon
09-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Yeah watched EP 4? last night really enjoying it, a bit weird for me at times.

Yeah mate, just finished episode 4 last night..
You are right, it is weird and a bit tripped out at times..
I was put on to it as a "kind of like Stranger Things" recommendation from my sister, but its not really.. (Apart from there being a dick named Steve in it, haha)

skippy
09-02-2017, 01:20 PM
Yeah mate, just finished episode 4 last night..
You are right, it is weird and a bit tripped out at times..
I was put on to it as a "kind of like Stranger Things" recommendation from my sister, but its not really.. (Apart from there being a dick named Steve in it, haha)

I can't handle the teacher, every time she is on screen I keep expecting Michael Scott to pop out and do something stupid.

baldrick
09-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Have started watching Westworld and 2 episodes in, I'm curious to see where it goes.
Also watched a couple of episodes of Black Mirror also. Interestingly dark concepts.

I sorta lost interest in Westworld after about 4 episodes

Still watched the whole series, but it just didn't grab me as much as I thought it would

NUGUNS
06-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Currently watching peep show on netflix.

Those guys are massive ****s.

pv4
07-03-2017, 08:40 AM
Currently watching peep show on netflix.

Those guys are massive ****s.

One of my favourite ever shows. Will eternally be in Bon's debt for forcing me to watch it. Just outstanding, and over time as you come to (somehow) understand Jez and Mark, you'll just love them.

Bon
07-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Yep, one of my fave shows ever.. So fvcking good..

The Dunster
07-03-2017, 11:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsuPaZ7RxLo

Bon
08-03-2017, 09:12 AM
I love the way it always comes down to Mark getting sh!t on for whatever Jez and Superhans have done.. :lulzturtle:

The Dunster
14-04-2017, 10:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MT6ubvOoBg

Bon
18-04-2017, 09:44 AM
:lulzturtle:

Grimario
18-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Anyone watched 13 Reasons Why? My brother won't shut up about it but from hearing it blaring in the lounge room while I am at work, it sounds like an angsty teen fiction book.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
18-04-2017, 12:32 PM
Anyone watched 13 Reasons Why? My brother won't shut up about it but from hearing it blaring in the lounge room while I am at work, it sounds like an angsty teen fiction book.

My missus is forcing me to watch it at the moment. It is semi- thought provoking in some areas around ways different people are impacted by their life experiences, but it is a bit American wanky frat boy teen drama...I'm about 8 episodes in and kinda hoping the season doesn't last too long.

WolfMan
18-04-2017, 01:42 PM
My missus is forcing me to watch it at the moment. It is semi- thought provoking in some areas around ways different people are impacted by their life experiences, but it is a bit American wanky frat boy teen drama...I'm about 8 episodes in and kinda hoping the season doesn't last too long.

Pretty sure you have 5 to go...

Bremsstrahlung
18-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Watched 3% on Netflix the other day, not too bad. Had a bit of a Hunger Games vibe to it though.

The Dunster
19-04-2017, 12:20 AM
Watched 3% on Netflix the other day, not too bad. Had a bit of a Hunger Games vibe to it though.

It took me 30 mins to work out how to watch it in Portuguese. Much better than the dubbed English shit Netflix defaults to.
I hope Jets management are watching - some very good techniques demonstrated for removing poor performers from the roster.

pv4
19-04-2017, 10:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MT6ubvOoBg

:rof: men with ven is still one of the best things i've ever heard

furns
20-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Info for anyone around my vintage

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is on Netflix!!!!!
(season 1 of old series, season 1 of reboot)

parksey
22-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Just finished Broadchurch season 3.

Another fantastic series. They never quite managed to top the first season, but the way they managed to keep that storyline going in the background of new and old cases in the last two series was great. Really made you connect with the characters and feel their highs and lows.

One of my favourite shows ever and sad that it's come to an end, but it was very well done.

Bremsstrahlung
22-04-2017, 02:00 PM

Just started it, don't know what the fuss is about atm, it's literally like a John Green "Fault in our stars"-esque targeted to teens show. Which is quite dangerous given the focal point of the show.
I guess it brings some accountability of people for their actions, may make some people re-consider their actions.
But it scarily romanticises depression/self-harm and suicide. A show with such heavy themes directed at teenagers is a potential disaster.
It's something though, a book, a piece of art, a angsty teen drama, it's up to people what they take from it, without becoming a nanny state.
I'll reserve complete judgement until i finish it.

StannyCFCJET
22-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Started True Detective. Pretty good so far

The Dunster
22-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Just finished Broadchurch season 3.

Another fantastic series. They never quite managed to top the first season, but the way they managed to keep that storyline going in the background of new and old cases in the last two series was great. Really made you connect with the characters and feel their highs and lows.

One of my favourite shows ever and sad that it's come to an end, but it was very well done.

Have you seen Continuum ? Very good series if you like Police / Detective shows with a bit of time travel thrown into the mix.

parksey
22-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Have you seen Continuum ? Very good series if you like Police / Detective shows with a bit of time travel thrown into the mix.

Nah haven't, might check it out.

Just about to start season two of Fargo. Loved the first and heard s2 is even better. S3 has just come out too.

WolfMan
22-04-2017, 05:49 PM

Just about to start season two of Fargo. Loved the first and heard s2 is even better. S3 has just come out too.

Can confirm, Fargo S2 is utterly brilliant. Wonderful casting again

pistolpete
22-04-2017, 07:09 PM

Season 2 was great but not as good as season 1 imo. Billy Bob was brilliant. Watched the first episode of season 3 last night. Not a bad first episode though it's a bit weird Ewan macgregor playing two characters

furns
22-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Started True Detective. Pretty good so farstop after season 1. You won't regret it, unlike what will happen if you watch season 2.

goaliepersempre
24-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Archer Season 8

Rick and Morty Season 3

Just started up :popcorn:

StannyCFCJET
24-04-2017, 06:08 PM
stop after season 1. You won't regret it, unlike what will happen if you watch season 2.

Is that because of all the actor changes and differnet story etc?

furns
24-04-2017, 09:16 PM
Is that because of all the actor changes and differnet story etc?it all sucked haha

parksey
24-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Is that because of all the actor changes and differnet story etc?

Second season was one of the biggest disappointments of my life.

StannyCFCJET
24-04-2017, 09:36 PM
it all sucked haha

Damm well my Dad just bought HAHAHA most likely will watch it some point.

Also subject change never thought I would find a better show then GOT but god damm Band of Brothers is ****ing fantastic

The Dunster
24-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Archer Season 8

Rick and Morty Season 3

Just started up :popcorn:

Archer is one of my favourite shows of all time. Every episode is a gem.

furns
25-04-2017, 02:05 AM
Damm well my Dad just bought HAHAHA most likely will watch it some point.

Also subject change never thought I would find a better show then GOT but god damm Band of Brothers is ****ing fantastic
Agree
Also quite like The Pacific

StannyCFCJET
25-04-2017, 02:19 AM
Agree
Also quite like The Pacific

Yeah The Pacific was good but not as good

Macca
25-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Archer is one of my favourite shows of all time. Every episode is a gem.

I love Archer, so good hahaha. I just wish I got more of the obscure references so I found it even funnier haha

Grimario
24-05-2017, 01:26 PM
One for the nerds... Netflix are working on a TV adaptation of The Witcher. Has potential to be amazeballs.

Bon
24-05-2017, 01:27 PM
One for the nerds... Netflix are working on a TV adaptation of The Witcher. Has potential to be amazeballs.

Man, my roommate has been playing heaps of that.. Definitely has potential..

In other nerdy news, I saw they were making a TV series of The Dark Crystal.. That movie scared the absolute sh!t out of me as a kid..

Grimario
24-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Man, my roommate has been playing heaps of that.. Definitely has potential..

In other nerdy news, I saw they were making a TV series of The Dark Crystal.. That movie scared the absolute sh!t out of me as a kid..

It's such an awesomely grim and dark universe. Love the games and the kind of blur between good and bad that they get. Should be excellent.

Need Netflix to get The Expanse Season 2 added already.

pv4
24-05-2017, 01:44 PM

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

The Dunster
24-05-2017, 02:23 PM
I just started watching Rick and Morty - very funny. Already into series two.

Bon
24-05-2017, 02:30 PM

YES!!! I've just started too.. haha..
Damn good show.. Took me a while to get used to how often he says Morty..

The Dunster
24-05-2017, 02:38 PM
YES!!! I've just started too.. haha..
Damn good show.. Took me a while to get used to how often he says Morty..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6BKkab13gM

Ants in my Eyes Johnson and the Ball Fondlers were also in this episode

pv4
24-05-2017, 02:43 PM
If yall love Rick & Morty, I highly recommend Bojack Horseman also.

Grimario
25-05-2017, 01:46 PM
This dropped this morning....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giYeaKsXnsI

The Dunster
18-06-2017, 04:34 PM
I just binge watched the first two seasons of Outlander. Very impressed and looking forward to September when season 3 will commence.

StannyCFCJET
07-08-2017, 10:59 PM
Everyone watch Game of Thrones that is all.

plague
08-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Everyone watch Game of Thrones that is all.

Yes I still watch it but I think it's getting pretty lame.

If last nights episode was in the earlier seasons then [IMPORTANT CHARACTERS NAME] would have been fried from that Dragon straight up.

Instead he miraculously survives by getting pushed into a pond that for some reason was really really really deep despite being only 1m from shore.

pv4
08-08-2017, 08:39 AM
I still love the show but when The Door episode happened it honestly lost me a lot. Bran is by far and away the shittest character and represents everything wrong with the show. Give me a room with Tyrion, Varys & Baelish every single episode and I die a happy man

Macca
08-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Yeah but mfkn dragons.

I agree though Plague, since the writing got taken over it seems to have gone away from lurching from disaster to disaster, with good or popular characters sticking around a lot longer. Who knows whether this would have been the direction taken by GRRM. Still good enough for me though, I didn't see Cersei's power play coming a few episodes back and the fallout.

While trying not to include spoilers...... I found last weeks episode pretty strange. The defeated house was supposedly the richest and most powerful and was at home, yet they got strolled through with ease. What's up with that?

plague
08-08-2017, 09:35 AM
The defeated house was supposedly the richest and most powerful and was at home, yet they got strolled through with ease. What's up with that?

Nigel Boogaard was in charge of their defence too it seems.....

Jeterpool
08-08-2017, 09:45 AM

I saw this on Netflix. I might give it a go.

plague
08-08-2017, 09:49 AM
All the Starks are whinging pussies.
Even the bastards.

Wilso8948
08-08-2017, 10:10 AM
a pond that for some reason was really really really deep despite being only 1m from shore.

Why is more not being made of this! Should have been the main feature of every news bulletin in the country!

plague
08-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Why is more not being made of this! Should have been the main feature of every news bulletin in the country!

GOT Fanboiz = sheeple

pv4
08-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Can we talk about how quickly Euron made it to Casterly Rock?

This season it seems everyone has been borrowing Varys' teleporter (and yes I understand we have to respect timelines not being in line at all times).. but Euron making it to the Rock JUST after the Unsullied? Please.

plague
08-08-2017, 11:19 AM
In defence of GOT though I will testify that Nathalie Emmanuel is an Angel sent by Griff from Heaven to remind us how awesome Griff is.

StannyCFCJET
08-08-2017, 12:27 PM

This season it seems everyone has been borrowing Varys' teleporter (and yes I understand we have to respect timelines not being in line at all times).. but Euron making it to the Rock JUST after the Unsullied? Please.

YES finally some else is noticing the teleporting

Grimario
08-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Finally? It's been a talking point since season 1.

plague
08-08-2017, 01:08 PM
YES finally some else is noticing the teleporting

Yeah cmon man even I know that it's been a thing since the start.

StannyCFCJET
08-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Yeah cmon man even I know that it's been a thing since the start.

Its only really been this crazy since the end of season 6 IMO

Macca
08-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Honestly the character movements and time frames haven't bothered me at all.

As long as you're happy to accept that the events of each episode may take place over months and the whole story likely is 5 or 10 years, and the fact that adjacent scenes do not have to be at or even close to occurring at similar times then I don't see what the problem is.

If you want the timeframes and story better fleshed out then read the books. The only downside (for me) after reading them is I get confused between which variation of the story was the book and which was the tv show. But the story in the books is far more expansive and introduces new characters where the show just shoehorns the roles that other characters would have played into existing ones or ignores them altogether. Both are good though.

pv4
08-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Yeah but Macca let's take Euron to the Rock as this specific eg.

Yara, Theon & the Sand Snakes headed from Dragonstone to Kings Landing the same time the Unsullied headed for Casterly Rock.

So we are assuming Euron is able to intercept & defeat Yara's fleet, present the Sand Snakes to Cersei, go thru all that.. and then arrive at Casterly Rock extremely shortly after the Unsullied do.

I can handle the non adjacent timelines but this is the one consistent timeline I can't deal with.

Macca
08-08-2017, 01:40 PM
I'm not gonna say you're wrong, but I don't think its impossible to imagine ways it could happen.

Dragonstone and Kings Landing are pretty close to each other. A sea voyage from Dragonstone to Casterly Rock is extremely long. Its possible that through luck or skill the two fleets would make that journey at different speeds.

The Lannisters clearly had warning that the attack on the Rock was coming, and at this stage were at least tenuously allied with Euron. Pyke is quite close to Casterly Rock, perhaps some of the fleet left at home or new ships built in the meantime were the ones to engage the Unsullied fleet at the Rock.

Also, I may be remembering incorrectly, but did Tyrion et al receive word that the King's Landing party had been intercepted well in advance of the attack on the Rock, and then subsequently given a final go ahead? It is possible the Unsullied were waiting nearby to receive their orders to commence their attack giving Euron time to catch up.

I dunno. As I said, I'm not saying you're wrong. But I think you have to make assumptions to come up with the conclusion that the timelines definitely don't make sense. And if you make the assumption that they do make sense, you can find ways it would work too.

plague
08-08-2017, 01:40 PM
You wait til homie in the rowboat turns back up and he's all like "I've only been gone 3 days 'sup?"

plague
08-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Legit question though:
Is there any reason blonde only used one dragon to torch those mofos last night?

Why not fire up all 3?

Macca
08-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Only one blondie and three dragons I guess.

I am surprised Tyrion hasn't sent some flying fire dispensers round to mop up Euron's fleet though. Maybe yet to come

plague
08-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Only one blondie and three dragons I guess.

Yeah that was my thought too but a little bit back I'm sure a dragon saved a bunch of them when they were surrounded in some sort of bull ring. Driverless dragon did some decent damage then.

My other thought was that blondie was mentored by Mark Jones who also continually left his attacking weapons on the bench.

Macca
08-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Hahaha.

Yeah and back in the slaver cities she just let them run wild. Perhaps she wanted more control over who the dragon(s) roasted in this battle, seems to have been a lot of dialogue over avoiding just letting them have at King's Landing and melt faces.

goaliepersempre
08-08-2017, 06:06 PM
I saw this on Netflix. I might give it a go.

Get Schwifty

baldrick
08-08-2017, 08:28 PM

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

plague
08-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Time is an illusion.

i remember back in the good old days when time was a flat circle.

Bon
16-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Have been revisiting some of the classic old Ali G episodes on SBS On Demand..
Just saw this clip and absolutely lost my sh!t..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrRYG4kVGDk

The Dunster
16-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Word is Malcolm Turnbull is under pressure from Murdoch and other media robber barons to close down both ABC Iview and SBS on demand. If the past is anything to go by it will only be a question of when not if.

Show wise I've been watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. Very funny but it takes awhile to acclimatise to it - but once you do it's a winner. It's sort of like Ally McBeal and 30 Rock had a love child.
Also just finished the first series of Atypical on Netflix which is a comedy / drama about an 18 year old with Autism and his search for a girlfriend / dealing with the enemy [females]. Think of Sheldon Cooper only endearing more so than annoying and you will get a grasp of the main character.

goaliepersempre
16-08-2017, 04:29 PM
pickel rick

The Dunster
16-08-2017, 06:22 PM
pickel rick

Season 3 has been great.

goaliepersempre
16-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Season 3 has been great.

This weeks play on Saw... So good.

StannyCFCJET
16-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Narcos is fantastic

pv4
18-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Alright.. Game of Thrones S07E06 leak.. someone try and reason THAT teleporting :rof::oops:

skippy
18-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Alright.. Game of Thrones S07E06 leak.. someone try and reason THAT teleporting :rof::oops:

hahaha old mate must also be a real quick runner

StannyCFCJET
18-08-2017, 12:55 PM
hahaha old mate must also be a real quick runner

Im assuming they wern't far from the wall and the walkers are closer then we realise to attacking

plague
18-08-2017, 01:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHTfFRnUIAAQ45u.jpg:large

pv4
18-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Tbf they're not called the White Runners..

Also, they didn't have a means to get past the wall before.. so they didn't have that much of a need to travel quickly.

plague
18-08-2017, 02:19 PM
ive just binged through Silicon Valley.

loved loved loved it.

plague
22-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Ok any time someone wanna explain the supersonic raven or where they got them big ass dragon draggin chains from or where the **** old uncle Benj was that whole time please do coz I'm all kinds of confused.

Cheers,
Plague.

pv4
22-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Ok any time someone wanna explain the supersonic raven or where they got them big ass dragon draggin chains from or where the **** old uncle Benj was that whole time please do coz I'm all kinds of confused.

Cheers,
Plague.

Yep, the teleportation this episode was the least believable to date. Waiting for Macca to share his/her thoughts here.

:rof: maybe draggin the chains is why the Walkers move so slowly

Benj had that resurface with Bran a few seasons back. But otherwise he has been criminally underused, and in the recent ep was just absurdly wasted. That entire sequence, and the pace they pushed it thru, was so fxxxing pointless. Benjen had so much potential - he could have rode off with Jon and then next ep dropped Jon's lineage secret on Jon (and then used the knowledge of this as to the reason Benjen went to the Black to begin with). Up to that recent ep, I haven't really been on board with all the people saying the writing is rushed/poor but that Benjen sequence actually hurt my brain, even moreso than the ep or two before when they tried to legitimise Jon Snow ffs.

Macca
22-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Yeah look, its pretty hard to try and defend that. :rof:

Clearly there was a time lapse where half a dozen weakened, frozen, exhausted dudes fought off endless waves of undead for about a day while that raven made its way down the countryside and the dragons came up.
So many questionable things in that episode... The Benjen reappearance is some hectic deus ex machina. Not to mention Jon being underwater long enough for the entire army to move a couple hundred metres away yet come up alive.
Yung Dany clearly never played any Starcraft... too busy frying drones and zerglings to take out the actual threat.. you would think rather than giving them a stare down one of the dragons might just waltz over another couple hundred metres and give the walkers a hot shower.

The walker also decided to have a bet with one of the others to see if it could hit the hard dragon rather than the one sitting there stationary with all the people on it.

Agree Benjen could have been better used. I can't remember off the top of my head whether the rider is actually revealed as him in the books? Or if its just in the show. No doubt Georgie will come up with something better in five years time.
The two Stark girls have turned into an episode of Neighbours too.

I feel like the show is really suffering from having way too much ground to cover and not enough time. The events of this season could easily have spanned 3 or 4, but they're trying to pack way too much action into too short a time. Its enjoyable, but its not what the show was built around. It was never a hollywood battle-fest, it was all about the politics and the reasons and build up to the battles.

pv4
22-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Not to mention Jon being underwater long enough for the entire army to move a couple hundred metres away yet come up alive.

Clearly he was just borrowing Jamie's scuba gear from a couple of episodes back. Remember, in that shallow trench?

plague
22-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Time travelling ravens aside. If blondie was all good with hopping on her dragons and coming to the rescue why didn't she just hop on and fly up earlier to see the army of the dead?

She could have just done a quick fly by, seen they exist and been all like "ok Emo dude I believe you let's go give them that work".

Also, yeah dragons 2 and 3 just kind of sat there whilst old blue eyes was slinging spears round like Tom Brady (actually Aaron Rodgers is a better example, cannon of an arm on that bloke)

Sorry where was I?

Oh yeah, I can only assume that dragon 2 and 3 thought (dead) dragon 1 was the asshole brother because they didn't really seem upset.

Also, I hate every member of the Stark family (bhastards and all). They are all whingers and idiots. I'll cheer anyone who kills any of them.

Drunk old blonde queen is the only true hero on that show.

pv4
22-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Drunk old blonde queen is the only true hero on that show.

Uhm, excuse me

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/5/50/Petyr_baelish_varys_HBO.jpg/300px-Petyr_baelish_varys_HBO.jpg

plague
22-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Uhm, excuse me

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/5/50/Petyr_baelish_varys_HBO.jpg/300px-Petyr_baelish_varys_HBO.jpg

Huh?
Littlefinger?
Nah **** that guy. Dickless bald dude is pretty dope tho if that's who you mean.

Only good characters (prob not in order):
1.Old drunk blonde queen.
2. Fast n Furious goddess of love and all that is fapable.
3. Mountain dude when he's killing people. New zombie version is pretty much a useless asshole.
4. Cranky Hound, no one drops a c-bomb on the telly like that bloke.

I think that's it.

Macca
22-08-2017, 12:01 PM
OG small council is where its at. Littlefinger, Varys, Tywin, Renly. Oberyn was cool too

pv4
22-08-2017, 12:03 PM
I mean both of them brobeans. They are both fantastic. Lady Olenna can join that list too. All 3 are/were outstanding characters and the fact they all didn't feature in the same room at the same time more often is a bigger sin than the fxxxtards in charge writing out Margaery's walk of atonement ffs.

Is it just me or are they dropping the c-bomb every week this season. I feel like I've heard it from a few different characters too.

plague
22-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Actually ok I'm gonna go full asshole here which I usually hate doing because why nit pick a show that has ice zombies and dragons.

But

When Emo boy got dragged under the water by the zombies, how did he survive?

He couldn't kill them with his sword, the zombies are zombies so don't need to breathe, and they clearly showed they can float so how did he get away from them?

Somewhere along the line the show went from 'anyone can die' to 'nope, we need that dude' which is fine, but the silly 'look out he might die here' cliffhangers look lame now.

I legit now expect a freeze frame and voice over half way a through a climax saying "we'll be right back after these message from your local sponsors".

Look, again, the shows problem is that it set its own bar pretty freaking high. But the long wait between seasons, and the limited episodes mean everything is gonna get looked at a lot more forensically.

pv4
22-08-2017, 12:19 PM
When Emo boy got dragged under the water by the zombies, how did he survive?

He couldn't kill them with his sword, the zombies are zombies so don't need to breathe, and they clearly showed they can float so how did he get away from them?

Somewhere along the line the show went from 'anyone can die' to 'nope, we need that dude' which is fine, but the silly 'look out he might die here' cliffhangers look lame now.

Particularly with how rushed the Benjen scene was, I found that whole Jon being left behind sequence so fxxxing pointless in general. That whole thing hurt, for me.

Good news that a pal of mine has told me - apparently HBO have said the length of episodes for next season isn't going to be capped. So whilst there is "only" going to be half a dozen or so again.. here's me hoping for 2-3 hour episodes :rof:

Agreed Macca - Tywin was OG.

Macca
22-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Totally agree on the dying. Early seasons, Tormund would have been torn to shreds on camera. Olenna was cool also. Just a shame she entered the story a bit late for her time.

plague
22-08-2017, 12:57 PM
If Tywin was drunk blondie queens old man then yes I co sign.

I liked him.

The craggy old woman (Olena) was useless once that Margery chick died. Seeing that silly bitch continually get owned by that old duck was a highlight.

pv4
22-08-2017, 01:01 PM
https://i2.wp.com/wanderingbakya.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/sevencrush.com_.jpg?resize=600%2C400

baldrick
22-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Why they didn't take more dragonglass with them I'll never know.

StannyCFCJET
22-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Walkers didn't have a way to attack or breach the wall, Now with the Dragon they do.

Macca
22-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Probably. Its hard to say definitively what the walkers vs wall thing is. As far as I know all that's been said is that the wall is a lot more than just a big chunk of ice. And in the books, the dark horseman (TV Benjen) says he cannot cross some threshhold or another into one of the castles because of the magic of the wall.

Only whoever's writing the story will know how they have decided the magic of the wall vs that of the walkers / undead will interact.

The Dunster
22-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Tried to watch The Defenders on Netflix - Was bored shitless within two episodes, could see massive plot holes developing - so pulled the pin on it. I think I've had a enough of this Marvel Shit. Too much, too soon, for too long.

skippy
22-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Clearly he was just borrowing Jamie's scuba gear from a couple of episodes back. Remember, in that shallow trench?

What is dead may never die, clearly got some secret Ironborn blood in him too.

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2017, 03:55 PM
We better not be waiting for 2019 for more GOT!

The Dunster
28-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Would anyone watch GOT if it didn't have the boobs and hot chicks ?

WolfMan
28-08-2017, 05:11 PM

I watch it to imagine what's left of Varys, reckon he could give Grey Worm a run for his money.

Ultimate mound-off - Varys, Grey Worm and Missandei...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAc96d9CQAAfmzm.png

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2017, 05:48 PM

Yes cause of the multiple storylines and awesome action scenes

The Dunster
29-08-2017, 11:55 AM
I never get tired of watching Archer. One of the funniest shows on tv.

Macca
29-08-2017, 12:10 PM
The Zeppelin episode is my favourite. I pretty much laugh all the way through it every time

pv4
29-08-2017, 12:16 PM
The Zeppelin episode is my favourite. I pretty much laugh all the way through it every time

M for Melly!

Macca
29-08-2017, 12:23 PM
M for Mancy. :brrr:

The Dunster
29-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Lana Kane: Huh! My vulva is smoother than a veal cutlet

Macca
29-08-2017, 01:58 PM
There's your bomber - Beardsley McTurbanhead
[..]
That's racial profiling Lana, and I don't do it.

----

A: She's waiting for you in the Led Zeppelin suite!
C: There's a Von Zeppelin suite..?
A: Which I'm sure is what I meant!

---

A: Jesus you'll kill us all!
[something about non-flammable helium]
L: Which by the way, what about that are you still not getting?
A: Obviously the core concept, Lana..

The whole damn thing is just non-stop quotable..

goaliepersempre
29-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Archer Quality, t

he latest season was good, but just a little step in another direction, earlier seasons better.

The Dunster
29-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Archer Quality, t

he latest season was good, but just a little step in another direction, earlier seasons better.

Yes. The ISIS / series one to four episodes are my favs - but in saying that I still like them all.

goaliepersempre
29-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Yes. The ISIS / series one to four episodes are my favs - but in saying that I still like them all.

agreed

baldrick
30-08-2017, 11:32 PM
Just watched Icarus on Netflix. Fascinating insight into doping in sport.

31-08-2017, 11:01 PM
I think I've had a enough of this Marvel Shit. Too much, too soon, for too long.

hawk
31-08-2017, 11:51 PM
I think I've had a enough of this Marvel Shit. Too much, too soon, for too long.

that fake shit is for babies.

get onto some deadliest catch

The Dunster
01-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Just watched Icarus on Netflix. Fascinating insight into doping in sport.. I watched it last night. Good doco and one of the first to show that the testing agencies and the ruling bodies are little more than parasites or just completely bonkers.

Athletes that dope should never be seen as cheats because its just a part of sport. Testing is simply a waste of time because it's a no win situation. When athletes today say they are clean they really mean that they have not tested positive.

But the athletes are simply just trying to be the best which is what business, sponsors, and fans demand. When an athlete does get charged with doping

I cannot for the life of me understand why fans attack the aathletes and yet will also attack a player they deem to be too slow or supposedly not trying - who is probably inferior because they are not juiced.

People also seem to forget that the athletes didn't create the drugs or doping programs .

pv4
06-09-2017, 03:53 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/efkydg.jpg

goaliepersempre
06-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Im finally getting around to watching The Wire almost 1st Season finished... quality show...

GazFish35
18-09-2017, 01:59 PM
At home sick today.

Dawson's Creek on TV

Government conspiracy to get people off the couch and into work I reckon.

**** me how was that show ever a hit?

The Dunster
18-09-2017, 02:07 PM
At home sick today.

Dawson's Creek on TV

Government conspiracy to get people off the couch and into work I reckon.

**** me how was that show ever a hit?

Katie Holmes. Chicks wanted to be like her and the lads wanted to thread her needle.

It launched Michelle Williams as well who is a very good actress.

But the show was complete shit.

plague
18-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Katie Holmes. Chicks wanted to be like her and the lads wanted to thread her needle.

It launched Michelle Williams as well who is a very good actress.

But the show was complete shit.

Don't underestimate Pacey's impact on the female gender.

Mrs Plague was all in on that sad sack.

Still though when Dawson got that 'older' girlfriend that was pretty dope.

Gretchen I think.

Also, as an aside, there was a very cool interview with Dawson on the wireless the other day.

Dude seems like a legit nice bloke.

Proper soft cock on that show though.

plague
18-09-2017, 03:24 PM
Im finally getting around to watching The Wire almost 1st Season finished... quality show...

Possibly best show ever made.
Just that final season though.........geez Louise.

Anyway you'll know what I'm on about when it's over. Let me know when you're done so we can discuss.

Cheers,
Plague.

goaliepersempre
19-09-2017, 04:48 PM

Anyway you'll know what I'm on about when it's over. Let me know when you're done so we can discuss.

Cheers,
Plague.

Will do started season 2 now.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
19-09-2017, 05:58 PM

Cheers,
Plague.

Agree on all counts.

26-09-2017, 08:03 PM
Compared to the show this is a sneak peek.

Bon
17-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Pretty sad news..
John Dunsworth passed away today..
Better known as Jim Lahey from Trailer Park Boys..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFo84MVbVQ8

idontwannaplaywithhowey
17-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Pretty sad news..
John Dunsworth passed away today..
Better known as Jim Lahey from Trailer Park Boys..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFo84MVbVQ8

Sad, sad news.
Jim Lahey made that show.

goaliepersempre
17-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Legend.. Trailer Park Boys what a show.

StannyCFCJET
17-10-2017, 08:16 PM
Watching Brooklyn 999 hooked. Such a funny show

The Dunster
17-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Jane the Virgin. Clever and hillarious take on the telenovela genre. Waiting for season 4 to come out now.

I watched the first few series of Shameless [US Version] but what was a bit of a laugh at first is unfortunately a very accurate portrayal of how substance abuse destroys families and society in general. These people actually do exist - I know because I've met them.

StannyCFCJET
17-10-2017, 11:37 PM
Jane the Virgin. Clever and hillarious take on the telenovela genre. Waiting for season 4 to come out now.

I watched the first few series of Shameless [US Version] but what was a bit of a laugh at first is unfortunately a very accurate portrayal of how substance abuse destroys families and society in general. These people actually do exist - I know because I've met them.

UK version is soo much better

WolfMan
10-02-2018, 12:39 PM
Got through the 1st ep of “Altered Carbon”. Left the wife to watch the remaining.

Cannot understand the hype for an updated, and far less entertaining Blade Runner.

Apparently the book is great, so I might give that a go.

Jeterpool
11-02-2018, 07:02 PM

Good choice.

Following the pod recommendation?

StannyCFCJET
11-02-2018, 09:23 PM
Good choice.

Following the pod recommendation?

Not sure most likely not. Started months ago

parksey
11-02-2018, 10:33 PM
Got through the 1st ep of “Altered Carbon”. Left the wife to watch the remaining.

Cannot understand the hype for an updated, and far less entertaining Blade Runner.

Apparently the book is great, so I might give that a go.

Yeah it's pretty underwhelming, I've watched 3 eps and it gets a little better but it's just kinda trashy and dumb.

The whole immortality thing did pique my fear of dying though.

Macca
12-02-2018, 10:14 AM
I think I may have read the book round 10 years ago - if not then it was a very similar concept. Was a pretty good read.

Grimario
12-02-2018, 10:20 AM

Not familiar with that one. Is it a spin off to Brooklyn 99?

plague
12-02-2018, 11:37 AM
The whole immortality thing did pique my fear of dying though.

Is this a common thing you guys?

No shade but I can’t inderstand how people can live like this.

Macca
12-02-2018, 11:48 AM

Can raise an interesting discussion on this topic though.. most people when faced with death imminently are going to be scared; so is it irrational for people to be aware of their mortality even when not staring it down? Or vice versa is it an "enlightened state" to be able to comfortably live in ignorance of it? (which would be most people who aren't scared of it, myself included).

plague
12-02-2018, 12:33 PM
Can raise an interesting discussion on this topic though.. most people when faced with death imminently are going to be scared; so is it irrational for people to be aware of their mortality even when not staring it down? Or vice versa is it an "enlightened state" to be able to comfortably live in ignorance of it? (which would be most people who aren't scared of it, myself included).

Oh I think you’ll find that really young people and really old people handle death the best (ever told a young kid a relo has died they are like ‘ok, can I go back to LEGO now?’

Old people know it’s coming and most are comfy knowing their time is up.

Whereas once you hit the middle part you not only stress about your own mortality, and those close to you, but you get sad over complete strangers dying. It’s weird man.

I’m not sure if ignorance is the best word. I’d call it acceptance. You know it’s coming, you can’t do anything about it, so why stress.

I’m also not the best person to ask on this either. It has a very unflattering name, but I’d rather you just assume I’m ‘different’.

If anything I’m def more ‘concerned’ at how my life will be when I reach the age you physically can’t live your current life.

Macca
12-02-2018, 12:37 PM
Oh I think you’ll find that really young people and really old people handle death the best (ever told a young kid a relo has died they are like ‘ok, can I go back to LEGO now?’

Old people know it’s coming and most are comfy knowing their time is up.

Whereas once you hit the middle part you not only stress about your own mortality, and those close to you, but you get sad over complete strangers dying. It’s weird man.

I’m not sure if ignorance is the best word. I’d call it acceptance. You know it’s coming, you can’t do anything about it, so why stress.

I’m also not the best person to ask on this either. It has a very unflattering name, but I’d rather you just assume I’m ‘different’.

If anything I’m def more ‘concerned’ at how my life will be when I reach the age you physically can’t live your current life.

I guess I was looking at contrasting the ignorance with acceptance. I reckon a lot of people probably aren't that happy that they're gonna die. But just don't really think about it much and so its not an active concern. Rather than being well aware of it in day to day life and having conscious thoughts that its acceptable and considering it in their decisions.

parksey
12-02-2018, 09:10 PM

used to be terrified when i was a kid but i kinda forgot about it for so long, which is weird because i watch a lot of violent films/movies.

The Dunster
12-02-2018, 11:45 PM
I'm currently watching Riverdale - I used to read the comics as a kid and while it's not 100% accurate due to being aimed at a modern audience - it's entertaining enough - just don't expect Citizen Kane.

baldrick
13-02-2018, 08:19 AM
Riverdale is good.

So is Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (but I like Douglas Adams)

And Black Lightning is very good too

plague
09-05-2018, 09:26 AM
Anyone seen Barry?
Watched first few episodes. Enjoying it.

The Dunster
09-05-2018, 01:16 PM
Anyone seen Barry?

http://i.imgur.com/PwJ0W1N.jpg

Macca
09-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Yes I have, other Barry

plague
09-05-2018, 11:55 PM
Yes I have, other Barry

Bill Hader is one of those people that makes me giggle no matter what hes doing.

but the more i read about 'Fonzie' makes me laugh even more. old people gonna love that dude.

Jeterpool
11-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Fox cancelled Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Devastated.

StannyCFCJET
11-05-2018, 07:03 PM

Devastated.

Absoulet bullshi

The Dunster
11-05-2018, 10:41 PM

Devastated.

Well it looks like this North Korea deal was just a smokescreen from Fox to divert our attention from the shit storm going down at Brooklyn Nine.

Bon
14-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Relax, its all just attention grabbing..
It's already been picked up by another network..

The Dunster
14-05-2018, 01:55 PM

Netflix?

Bon
14-05-2018, 01:56 PM
netflix?

nbc

Jeterpool
14-05-2018, 02:16 PM

Their strategy worked :)

goaliepersempre
29-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Getting around to Black Mirror, just finished season 2.

But wow very interesting and some mind ****s.

Grimario
25-07-2018, 08:57 PM
Would recommend Final Space to Netflix people. Excellent cartoon.

Frodo
27-07-2018, 09:41 AM
Would recommend Final Space to Netflix people. Excellent cartoon.

Great for those of us waiting for season 2 of Bad Mouth.

Final Space is actually a good balance of silly and serious. I've actually been watching it through a 2nd time with the missus already, good show.

StannyCFCJET
27-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Great for those of us waiting for season 2 of Bad Mouth.

Final Space is actually a good balance of silly and serious. I've actually been watching it through a 2nd time with the missus already, good show.

Big Mouth is hilarious haha

plague
09-10-2018, 05:41 PM
Footy is over,everyone in the A-League sucks and by god you couldn't pay me to watch that joke of an aussie cricket team right now.

So.

What are the good Netflix shows?

I'm watching Narcos and it's good because it was has boobs, drugs, gunfights and drugs.

So what are the other Netflix shows I'll like?

Yes I know I'm late to this but I'm not gonna waste my time watching ALL the shows to find the good ones. That's someone elses job.

Fire away lads (and R.I.P Gustavo)

hashtagspoileralert.

The Dunster
09-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Footy is over,everyone in the A-League sucks and by god you couldn't pay me to watch that joke of an aussie cricket team right now.

So.

I'm watching Narcos and it's good because it was has boobs, drugs, gunfights and drugs.

Yes I know I'm late to this but I'm not gonna waste my time watching ALL the shows to find the good ones. That's someone elses job.

hashtagspoileralert.

Outlander starring Caitriona Balfe. She's got the gear off in every episode.

Thank me later.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e7/1c/a1/e71ca1d970dacd0f608540aa6cb38d6d.jpg

The Dunster
09-10-2018, 05:51 PM
https://www.hollywoodpicture.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/caitriona-balfe-hot-n-spicy-photo-still.jpg

StannyCFCJET
09-10-2018, 06:09 PM

So.

hashtagspoileralert.

Mind Hunter. Gotham is on there.

plague
09-10-2018, 06:26 PM
Gotham is on there.

enough with the superhero shit ok.

I've got Griff in my life, dont need no capes crusader garbage.

hashtagblessed
hashtagprayersupforgriff

Premy
09-10-2018, 06:49 PM

So.

hashtagspoileralert.

If you like Narcos try Queen of the South.

StannyCFCJET
09-10-2018, 06:56 PM

hashtagblessed
hashtagprayersupforgriff

Normally I would agree but this show is 10/10

Jeterpool
09-10-2018, 07:18 PM

hashtagblessed
hashtagprayersupforgriff

Have you tried The Good Place?

The Dunster
09-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Have you tried The Good Place?

Great show - but not enough skin for our man Plague.

Mark325
09-10-2018, 08:16 PM
big mouth is the best comedy on netflix if ya want a good laugh

pv4
09-10-2018, 08:23 PM
Re outlander as Dunst has suggested

It's one of those shows you can watch with mrs plague and still get enjoyment out of too

pv4
09-10-2018, 08:47 PM

Best comedy? Big call. It's funny but there is better on there - Brooklyn Nine Nine, Bojack Horseman, Archer and Rick&Morty easy examples.

StannyCFCJET
09-10-2018, 09:27 PM

Season 2 is fantastic but its not the best

baldrick
09-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Travelers is quite good

plague
09-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Brooklyn Nine Nine, Bojack Horseman, Archer and Rick&Morty easy examples.

all of these shows sound made up.

i wont be tricked by your hocus pocus there pv4.

Grimario
09-10-2018, 09:47 PM
Best comedy? Big call. It's funny but there is better on there - Brooklyn Nine Nine, Bojack Horseman, Archer and Rick&Morty easy examples.

Rick and Morty isn't on Netflix though.

Unless they've put it back after taking it off a few days ago?

plague
09-10-2018, 09:48 PM
If you like Narcos try Queen of the South.

season 1 ep1 description:

Güero –a drug dealer– and Teresa have been together for a year, but one day Teresa finds out that Güero is dead

see, YOU SEE that people!!!!!

now THATS how you recommend a show.

Thank you Premy.

StannyCFCJET
09-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Rick and Morty isn't on Netflix though.

Unless they've put it back after taking it off a few days ago?

Wait it's gone?

Grimario
09-10-2018, 10:07 PM
I dunno. Haven't logged on in a few days but it got pulled on the weekend. Something about Netflix losing the rights.

Premy
09-10-2018, 10:43 PM
season 1 ep1 description:

see, YOU SEE that people!!!!!

now THATS how you recommend a show.

Thank you Premy.

You're most welcome.
It's starts off a little slow building the characters but it's definitely worth the wait.

Jeterpool
09-10-2018, 11:12 PM
People are dead in The Good Place.

StannyCFCJET
10-10-2018, 12:15 AM
Skins is on Netflix. First 4 seasons are well worth it

idontwannaplaywithhowey
10-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Mind Hunter. Gotham is on there.

Just started watching MindHunter. Very impressed so far.

Also Plague, El Chapo is the Mexican Narcos (Joaquin Guzman story). Not as good as Narcos, but still has guns, drugs, boobs and bad moustaches.

plague
10-10-2018, 04:11 PM
Also Plague, El Chapo is the Mexican Narcos (Joaquin Guzman story). Not as good as Narcos, but still has guns, drugs, boobs and bad moustaches.

Tick, tick, tick and tick.

Thank you.

pv4
10-10-2018, 08:23 PM
I dunno. Haven't logged on in a few days but it got pulled on the weekend. Something about Netflix losing the rights.

As far as I know, you're talking about UK Netflix. And i think the article you saw said it was getting pulled soon. I haven't seen or heard anything about it leaving Strayan Netflix.

Plaguesey - I think you'd relate a lot to Archer tbh.

plague
10-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Plaguesey - I think you'd relate a lot to Archer tbh.

isnt that one of those cartoons?

nah, ill pass. South Park gave me all the silly animation fix i needed in my youth.

/proudly stares at 'never seen an episode of family guy' trophy on mantlepiece.

pv4
10-10-2018, 08:54 PM
isnt that one of those cartoons?

nah, ill pass. South Park gave me all the silly animation fix i needed in my youth.

/proudly stares at 'never seen an episode of family guy' trophy on mantlepiece.

It is

Still though, give it a shot pal