PDA

View Full Version : The TV Shows Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Macca
11-10-2018, 08:00 AM
Oh man don't get me started on Archer - my favourite show.

Can definitely suggest it'd be up your alley Plague.
Imagine if you got to write the lines for the next James Bond movie... and you're probably on the right track.

pv4
11-10-2018, 09:35 AM
Season 2 is fantastic but its not the best

Having just finished S02 of Big Mouth, I still stand by my comments that I liked it but those other shows are easily better. Honestly I don't think I would have given Big Mouth a go if not for Nick Kroll.

The Dunster
11-10-2018, 11:26 AM
Oh man don't get me started on Archer - my favourite show.

Can definitely suggest it'd be up your alley Plague.
Imagine if you got to write the lines for the next James Bond movie... and you're probably on the right track.

Agreed. It's pretty much timeless as well much like Get Smart.

The Dunster
11-10-2018, 11:29 AM
Big Mouth. I watched a couple of episodes and it made me cringe as it was so bad. It's for kids maybe, but nothing in it for anyone over 12 years old I don't think.

Jetmaster
11-10-2018, 05:36 PM
Took 35 years for the thing to be released but my weekend is sorted...just arrived.

https://networkonair.com/4146-large_default/goodies-the-a-binge-of-goodies-limited-edition-set-pre-order-.jpg

The Dunster
11-10-2018, 06:11 PM
Took 35 years for the thing to be released but my weekend is sorted...just arrived.

https://networkonair.com/4146-large_default/goodies-the-a-binge-of-goodies-limited-edition-set-pre-order-.jpg

I wonder how many here are old enough to remember "Twinkle" aka Kitten Kong.

baldrick
11-10-2018, 10:00 PM

Or Ecky-Thump

Jetmaster
12-10-2018, 10:35 AM

Indeed....ahead of its time and reflective of the drugs everyone was on at the time.

https://i.gifer.com/8og9.gif

Bon
11-01-2019, 12:28 PM
I know Loudy would destroy me for even entertaining the idea of watching it, however recently I did start watching Sunderland Til I Die on Netfrix..
Let me preface by saying that I'm not a fan of Sunderland, or Newcastle, but its definitely worth a watch.
Whilst its not the greatest series, and some parts are a bit schmultzy and romanticised (particularly the intro - it gets skipped every episode) the rest of it is pretty interesting.. There are a LOT of parallels to draw with our Jets too.
It follows the fallout after they are relegated to the Championship, subsequent losses and relegation to League One. The fans anger, teams failings, going through coaches, insights from players and coaches, injury woes, really oddball CEO, etc..

Side note: There is a video going around of the Newcastle fans chanting to Sunderland "We saw you crying on Netflix" at their U21's game a few days back, :lulzturtle:

StannyCFCJET
11-01-2019, 12:35 PM
I know Loudy would destroy me for even entertaining the idea of watching it, however recently I did start watching Sunderland Til I Die on Netfrix..
Let me preface by saying that I'm not a fan of Sunderland, or Newcastle, but its definitely worth a watch.
Whilst its not the greatest series, and some parts are a bit schmultzy and romanticised (particularly the intro - it gets skipped every episode) the rest of it is pretty interesting.. There are a LOT of parallels to draw with our Jets too.
It follows the fallout after they are relegated to the Championship, subsequent losses and relegation to League One. The fans anger, teams failings, going through coaches, insights from players and coaches, injury woes, really oddball CEO, etc..

Side note: There is a video going around of the Newcastle fans chanting to Sunderland "We saw you crying on Netflix" at their U21's game a few days back, :lulzturtle:

Yeah I need to watch this and the City one. Love football docus

Bremsstrahlung
11-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Yeah I need to watch this and the City one. Love football docus

“Being Liverpool” would be your best bet

Jetmaster
11-01-2019, 08:53 PM
“Being Liverpool” would be your best bet

Or...the Hillsborough movie, or the Liverpool Sound, or Ee Ay Adio, or the Hillsborough doco, or When We Won Trophies.

Buddha
20-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Finished watching second season of The Punisher and easily better than the first in my opinion. Can’t see anybody being able to replicate Jon Bernthal’s performance of the character in any future editions of the comic

Premy
21-01-2019, 12:46 PM
Finished watching second season of The Punisher and easily better than the first in my opinion. Can’t see anybody being able to replicate Jon Bernthal’s performance of the character in any future editions of the comic

You can guarantee that there won't be a 3rd season on Netflix. Hopefully after the 2 year cooling off period Disney+ or Hulu will pick up were Netflix left it all.

baldrick
21-01-2019, 01:17 PM
Bodyguard on Netflix. Best series ive seen in a long time.

Also just started watching Killing Eve on ABC iview. Pretty good so far

Jeterpool
21-01-2019, 02:11 PM
I've started "The Orville" from SBS on demand. Light hearted so far - easy watch.

baldrick
21-01-2019, 03:31 PM
And Future Man on Foxtel

StannyCFCJET
21-01-2019, 05:18 PM
Bodyguard on Netflix. Best series ive seen in a long time.

Also just started watching Killing Eve on ABC iview. Pretty good so far

Agree on Bodyguard except for the one thing all shows do

Bremsstrahlung
21-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Finished Sunderland til I die and didn’t mind it.
I mean it was interesting seeing the behind the scenes and good to see that type of thing from a non big 6 team.
I’m sure it was meant to be their return to EPL docuseries and it went downhill.
I found it interesting seeing how they struggled in the transfer market and how players pulled out and also conversations with high paid players not earning their money.
Also couldn’t make that shit up regarding Gibson from beginning to end.

Bremsstrahlung
13-02-2019, 06:33 AM
Finding “Class of 92” an interesting watch.
Follows Salford City in their year (s1) and year after (s2) Giggs, Neville’s, Scholes and Nicky Butt bought them. (David Beckham recently jumped on board).

I’m obviously no Man U fan, but there’s minimal/no ManU wankfest. Some very interesting perspectives.

Bon
13-02-2019, 11:57 AM
Finding “Class of 92” an interesting watch.
Follows Salford City in their year (s1) and year after (s2) Giggs, Neville’s, Scholes and Nicky Butt bought them. (David Beckham recently jumped on board).

I’m obviously no Man U fan, but there’s minimal/no ManU wankfest. Some very interesting perspectives.

Ahhhh yeah.. I saw that come up on Netfrix and was going to give it a look, but was turned off by Man U..
Will definitely give it a go if you say that is minimal..

The Dunster
15-02-2019, 11:29 AM
Anyone watched Russian Doll ?

It's pretty good. Bit of a groundhog day / multiverse type of thing starring Natasha Lyonne from American Pie et al.

Season One is over, it had a great ending and I hope they don't try and stretch it out to another season.

Aegon
15-03-2019, 02:59 PM
Recent Viewing:

Brooklyn 99 - Only just started it on netflix. Really impressed, it's a great laugh
Last Kingdom - I love this show, great story and better action sequences.
Altered Carbon - Interesting concept, Sci Fi with a detective show vibe early on that morphs into a convoluted conspiracy/back story. Some great concepts in here but some pretty wooden acting. Will still watch Season 2 when it comes out
The Expanse - Probably the most realistic and believable sci fi ever released. I've only watched the first 2 season but loved every second.
New Amsterdam - Standard ER type clone, depressing show overall that makes you think the head doctors in the hospital are the only competent people who do all the work. Hate it, wife makes me watch it with her.
Blue Bloods - Best cop drama around, great stand alone episodes with a very believable cast. Tom Selleck still has the best Mo on earth.
911 - Entertaining without being anything "New" I think they have cast the characters really well and individual story lines work really well.

Interested to know if anyone has watched Umbrella Academy, Santa Clarita Diet, Ozark or Peaky Blinders as they look interesting but I have't taken the step of starting them up yet.

Aegon
15-03-2019, 03:01 PM
Travelers is quite good

Does this take a few eps to get going? I watched the first couple but moved on as it didn't hook me early.

Jeterpool
15-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Recent Viewing:

Brooklyn 99 - Only just started it on netflix. Really impressed, it's a great laugh

Positive Rep for this alone

Premy
15-03-2019, 04:26 PM
Interested to know if anyone has watched Umbrella Academy or Peaky Blinders as they look interesting but I have't taken the step of starting them up yet.
Just finished Umbrella Academy, it's brilliant the acting from some is a little cringe worthy. I've read the comic and it's a perfect adaptation so there were no plot twists moment for myself but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Peaky Blinders is one of the best mini series to come out in the last 10 years. It's a must watch.

baldrick
16-03-2019, 07:43 AM
Does this take a few eps to get going? I watched the first couple but moved on as it didn't hook me early.

Yeah, takes a bit to kick in, but worth it.

Am really enjoying the F1 series on Netflix too. A lot more sweary than on the normal tv coverage too

plague
16-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Am really enjoying the F1 series on Netflix too. A lot more sweary than on the normal tv coverage too

yes, its brilliant.

Grimario
18-03-2019, 11:15 PM
I can't rave enough about The Expanse. Books are even better.

Premy
20-03-2019, 09:03 AM
https://nerdi.st/2FqaMvD
Thought I would post this here, major shake up in the Entertainment industry.

Macca
20-03-2019, 09:15 AM
yes, its brilliant.

I've just about finished this series (I assume, nearing the end of the racing season, unless there's a recap episode).

From someone who's not into motorsport at all and doesn't watch it, I found it pretty interesting. Was a good behind the scenes look at the team dynamics, and sort of ran it as a half doco / half real-life drama type thing. Agreed it was good hearing the bare-bones of the phone calls and race-comms unedited.

Will be checking out the Expanse, thanks for the heads up, as well as Peaky Blinders.

Recently finished the Mexican Narcos series, was exactly what I expected it would be and very satisfied with that. Really enjoyed both that and the original Narcos.

Show I was watching before that was Big Mouth - quite enjoyed it. Anyone with a sick sense of humour and able to enjoy the crude stuff will probably enjoy. Maybe one for fans of Archer, Rick and Morty etc

StannyCFCJET
20-03-2019, 09:36 AM
I've just about finished this series (I assume, nearing the end of the racing season, unless there's a recap episode).

From someone who's not into motorsport at all and doesn't watch it, I found it pretty interesting. Was a good behind the scenes look at the team dynamics, and sort of ran it as a half doco / half real-life drama type thing. Agreed it was good hearing the bare-bones of the phone calls and race-comms unedited.

Will be checking out the Expanse, thanks for the heads up, as well as Peaky Blinders.

Recently finished the Mexican Narcos series, was exactly what I expected it would be and very satisfied with that. Really enjoyed both that and the original Narcos.

Show I was watching before that was Big Mouth - quite enjoyed it. Anyone with a sick sense of humour and able to enjoy the crude stuff will probably enjoy. Maybe one for fans of Archer, Rick and Morty etc

Big Mouth has a new episode. Valentines day

plague
20-03-2019, 11:19 AM

For people who aren't into motorsport it's a brilliant way to get an understanding of how it all works.

Last few years I've gotten right into F1 and V8's simply because I find the whole process fascinating. The access you get to the drivers and teams is unparralled.

Imagine getting to know the Jets players the way you got to know a dude as 'obscure' as Esteban Ocon. Have said forever that footy codes in this country need to match that type of access in order to progress.

But nope, we fine Ernie for merely making a joke about VAR, that'll motivate everyone to help sell your sport.

Aegon
20-03-2019, 12:14 PM
I can't rave enough about The Expanse. Books are even better.

I'm up to Babylon's Ashes, I sure hope the TV series can follow it all the way through as it just keeps getting better.

Bon
21-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Trailer just released for new season of Stranger Things..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJk8wFOcDQ

baldrick
21-03-2019, 09:34 PM
For people who aren't into motorsport it's a brilliant way to get an understanding of how it all works.

Last few years I've gotten right into F1 and V8's simply because I find the whole process fascinating. The access you get to the drivers and teams is unparralled.

I’m not really into bikes,but MotoGP is also excellent.

plague
01-04-2019, 12:49 PM
yo, can one of you nerdy nerds do a write up after each new Game of Thrones episode so idiots like me can understand what the **** is going on.

please.

also, include diagrams if possible.

oh, and if you step up with "oh but in the booooooooks" type bullshit you can sit your ass down now. i aint here for any of that.

Cheers,
Plague.

Bon
01-04-2019, 12:50 PM
yo, can one of you nerdy nerds do a write up after each new Game of Thrones episode so idiots like me can understand what the **** is going on.

please.

oh, and if you step up with "oh but in the booooooooks" type bullshit you can sit your ass down now. i aint here for any of that.

Cheers,
Plague.

Pretty pumped for the new season.. What date is it starting?
Binge-watched all of the last season the other day just to get up to speed and ready to go..

Bon
01-04-2019, 12:52 PM
Oh yeah, started watching Trailer Park Boys - The Animated Series yesterday..
It actually wasn't too bad.. A little bit out-there and strange, but still the same sort of jokes.. Definitely worth a look if you are a fan of the series..

Premy
01-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Pretty pumped for the new season.. What date is it starting?
Binge-watched all of the last season the other day just to get up to speed and ready to go..

April 13th

Aegon
02-04-2019, 09:40 AM

please.

Cheers,
Plague.

The books aren't as far along as the show these days.....

Bon
02-04-2019, 09:41 AM
April 13th

Thanks maaaaaaaate

pv4
02-04-2019, 10:07 AM

please.

Cheers,
Plague.

I'm your man

plague
02-04-2019, 10:32 AM
The books aren't as far along as the show these days.....

you would never get an invite to Fight Club.

Aegon
02-04-2019, 11:18 AM
you would never get an invite to Fight Club.

Not sure what you mean? What i was saying is that there can't be a comparison with the books as the show is further ahead. The last books story finished at around the end of season 5 so its all new content.

plague
02-04-2019, 11:46 AM
Not sure what you mean?

i know.
and short of Captain Obvious waking up from his slumber and 'splaining it to you, you prob never will.*

and thats ok. but i aint the one to set you straight here.

*and you arent alone. i confuse myself with some utterances on here.

pv4
02-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Not sure what you mean? What i was saying is that there can't be a comparison with the books as the show is further ahead. The last books story finished at around the end of season 5 so its all new content.

Well there are an absolute stack of comparisons between book and show still relevant. So many storylines are different, so many characters are and aren't still in existence. There's been a stack of "new content" in the show basically from S02 onwards.

We will keep plaguesey up to date with The Hound's cxxx counter on the show, easy.

plague
02-04-2019, 12:59 PM
i went back and rewatched Breaking Bad with the 'Norm Macdonald ending theory' in mind and its a way way better show this time around.

such a good show.

plague
02-04-2019, 01:23 PM
We will keep plaguesey up to date with The Hound's cxxx counter on the show, easy.

ooh ooh i know that one. hes the bloke with the burnt off face who got toweled up by the Shiny Stormtrooper lady and left for dead, only to come back to life when the producers decided that no one wanted Ed Sheeran cameos they wanted more of the bloke who called everyone a ****.

Shame they stole the idea from Fast N Furious where Han died in Tokyo Drift but was so dope that they re-jigged the entire timeline to bring him back from the dead.
And even Fast N Furious stole the idea from themselves when they brought back Letty from the dead.

wait, what were we talking about again?

Aegon
02-04-2019, 01:28 PM
Well there are an absolute stack of comparisons between book and show still relevant. So many storylines are different, so many characters are and aren't still in existence. There's been a stack of "new content" in the show basically from S02 onwards.

Ya but I think they found a good balance, some of the changes were for the good..... some for the bad.

Eliminating Lady Stoneheart, Killing off Talisa/Jeyne Westerling were good moves.

Not including the Golden Company/Griff's and killing Mance Raydar sucked though.

pv4
02-04-2019, 01:34 PM

Griff

Always Griff

plague
02-04-2019, 01:36 PM
Ya but I think they found a good balance, some of the changes were for the good..... some for the bad.

Eliminating Lady Stoneheart, Killing off Talisa/Jeyne Westerling were good moves.

Not including the Golden Company/Griff's and killing Mance Raydar sucked though.

These are all made up names. None of these people are in Game of Thrones.

StannyCFCJET
02-04-2019, 01:56 PM
ooh ooh i know that one. hes the bloke with the burnt off face who got toweled up by the Shiny Stormtrooper lady and left for dead, only to come back to life when the producers decided that no one wanted Ed Sheeran cameos they wanted more of the bloke who called everyone a ****.

Shame they stole the idea from Fast N Furious where Han died in Tokyo Drift but was so dope that they re-jigged the entire timeline to bring him back from the dead.
And even Fast N Furious stole the idea from themselves when they brought back Letty from the dead.

Umm Han stayed dead

plague
02-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Umm Han stayed dead

pffft, you think they used CGI?

StannyCFCJET
02-04-2019, 06:43 PM
pffft, you think they used CGI?

Watch the again and follow the chronological order

plague
02-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Watch the again and follow the chronological order

listen pal, i will humble defer to your learned opinion on Chelsea Football Club, Liposuction and Modernist Chinese architecture, but dont you DARE try and step to me with any Dom Toretto talk.
i wont have it.

StannyCFCJET
02-04-2019, 08:18 PM
listen pal, i will humble defer to your learned opinion on Chelsea Football Club, Liposuction and Modernist Chinese architecture, but dont you DARE try and step to me with any Dom Toretto talk.
i wont have it.

If you can show me a movie in the timeline where Hahn is alive after Tokyo drift then ill defer to your wisdom

plague
02-04-2019, 08:33 PM
If you can show me a movie in the timeline where Hahn is alive after Tokyo drift then ill defer to your wisdom

the same timeline that saw Lucas Black age 10 years in a matter of minutes?

that timeline?

nah man.

plague
02-04-2019, 08:39 PM
because of course Lucas Black went from this:
http://www.teenidols4you.com/blink/Actors/lucas_black/lucas_black_1243835059.jpg

to this:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/E8UhvysWHvQ/maxresdefault.jpg

in a matter of days according to your timeline.

pv4
02-04-2019, 10:00 PM
Umm Han stayed dead

Let's not forget Han shot first

plague
03-04-2019, 11:38 AM
Let's not forget Han shot first

oh, dont for one second think that the Fast n Furious team werent in on the joke.

https://i.imgur.com/KDCtqZW.jpg

plague
23-04-2019, 11:13 PM
Game of Thrones.
2 out of 6 episodes down and all we have seen are some Spice Girls lyrics come to life.

am already coming to terms that its going to be a lame ass ending.

Mrs Plague has a lot to answer for making me sit through this stuff.

plague
23-04-2019, 11:18 PM
where are my game of thrones recaps you lazy nerds?

Premy
23-04-2019, 11:22 PM
Game of Thrones.
2 out of 6 episodes down and all we have seen are some Spice Girls lyrics come to life.

am already coming to terms that its going to be a lame ass ending.

Mrs Plague has a lot to answer for making me sit through this stuff.

Yeah the first 2 episode have been a bit lack luster.

furns
24-04-2019, 01:07 AM
Its all setting up for next weeks Battle of Winterfell. Bringing all those characters together is just to build suspense for who's going to die. Apparently going to be a longer episode as well.

Bremsstrahlung
24-04-2019, 07:02 AM
I think the first two were always meant to be 45/50 minutes typical tv show length. The next 4 are meant to be pushing up to 90 minutes rumours say.

Obviously all build up for this battle of winterfell.
Expect there to be a cull. They’ve roped us in and have 90% of the main players in one spot.
Interested to see what they do with the final 3 eps.

pv4
24-04-2019, 08:54 AM
where are my game of thrones recaps you lazy nerds?

I've been waiting for you to ask some questions.

First episode was fine as a tee-up but dragging the whole second out was wasteful to me. But anyway. Half of the characters will die next week - say goodbye to at least Jorah, Theon, Brienne, Greyworm & Arya is my guess. The Hound hopefully isn't going anywhere, because the Clegane Bowl is what we're all still tuning in for.

The Dunster
24-04-2019, 09:09 AM
Santa Clarita Diet. Good for a laugh and doesn't require much effort to watch. It's also in 4k HDR so it looks brilliant.

plague
24-04-2019, 09:29 AM
First 2 episodes could have been combined into one 30min segment.
They've had 7(?) seasons to 'set it all up' yet still try and cram a bunch of tacky farewells into that episode.

And let me get this right, there's a massive bunch of dead zombie savages coming down to kill everyone yet they think if they hide down in the crypt they are safe? Knight King gonna stand upstairs in the ballroom after slaughtering everyone and be like 'nope, no one else here, let's move on'.

I don't care who gets killed, just as long as they all get killed especially Jon Snow and those ****ing Dragons. Ginger Stark can go too. Don't like her.

pv4
24-04-2019, 10:07 AM
First 2 episodes could have been combined into one 30min segment.
They've had 7(?) seasons to 'set it all up' yet still try and cram a bunch of tacky farewells into that episode.

And let me get this right, there's a massive bunch of dead zombie savages coming down to kill everyone yet they think if they hide down in the crypt they are safe? Knight King gonna stand upstairs in the ballroom after slaughtering everyone and be like 'nope, no one else here, let's move on'.

I don't care who gets killed, just as long as they all get killed especially Jon Snow and those ****ing Dragons. Ginger Stark can go too. Don't like her.

In a war against the dead there aren't really any safe spaces. But the crypt would be infinitely the safest place in Winterfell for the women, children & Billy Zane. It's narrow so there can't be a squillion undead attacking at one time, it'll be hard to fit many in swinging cats and swords. If/when the undead take over the joint, everyone is fxxxed anyway. I doubt they're going to bother but it would be pretty dope if they brought the dead bodies in the crypt back, and Jon had to face off against his undead mother or better yet they brought Sean Bean back just so he could get killed again lol.

Agreed re Ginger Stark - she has been on my list since all the way back when she sided with Joffrey and got her dope wolf killed.

plague
24-04-2019, 06:10 PM
Hoping the following people die next week:

Kingslayer.
Shiny Stormtrooper lady.
Emo boy and dragon lady and all of the dragons.
Ginger Stark.
the dude who shagged the primary school chick.
the bloke that looks like the dude who shagged the primary school chick.
Johny Bonovoglia with a goatee.
Fat Andy Roberts.
Eyepatch dude, and all of eyepatch dudes mates. Who are those blokes? **** those guys.
The weirdo old bloke who is love with dragon lady.
Medieval Carl Williams who just gives up his sword to some creepy old man.

The Dunster
24-04-2019, 07:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl6HnhFFIA

The Dunster
24-04-2019, 07:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZCPkHCf8O8

The Dunster
24-04-2019, 07:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bii-PIGprv8

Best TV show theme song ?

furns
25-04-2019, 06:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPBzHa2PcS8

Jetmaster
25-04-2019, 08:53 PM
Loved the old "bubblegum" style theme tunes.

Still one of the best...

https://youtu.be/VSaDPc1Cs5U

StannyCFCJET
25-04-2019, 08:57 PM
Anyone else watch Suits? Just finished all 7 seasons on Netflix and waiting for season 8 and 9

skippy
26-04-2019, 08:38 PM
Knight king just wants his queen back from the crypts

pv4
26-04-2019, 08:47 PM
Anyone else watch Suits? Just finished all 7 seasons on Netflix and waiting for season 8 and 9

I'm at the same spot.

StannyCFCJET
26-04-2019, 09:16 PM
I'm at the same spot.

Ive chosen to stream it bugger waiting. There is also a spin off about Jessica Pearson airing soon

StannyCFCJET
29-04-2019, 09:48 PM
Got wow

plague
29-04-2019, 11:17 PM
Got wow

please.
they forgot who they were.
not good.

plague
30-04-2019, 11:53 AM
THERES PROB SPOILERS IN THIS SO DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN GAME OF THRONES.

but
(i dont think these are particularly 'spoilery' and legit, if you like this show you've seen the episode so get over yourselves).

BUT I DID WARN YOU ASSHOLES

At the point where the books end and the TV show takes over, the whole game changed.
The brilliance of the show was replaced with the same corny shit every other show does.
dont get me wrong, its really well made TV, the visuals (on their comparative budgets) are stunning.

But last night was pretty weak ass story telling. the way 'all' the major good guys were alive at the end, despite everyone else getting dusted was lame. The good guys all got their 'hero' moment that was no doubt written into their contracts by some wack ass talent agent.

i mean, homie is up there yelling at the dragon in order to get the win.
ok.

its gonna wrap up in a pretty bow. and thats disappointing.

but hey, if thats your bag then great. but people out there giving out "greatest episode in tv history' type nonsense need to settle down.

Bon
30-04-2019, 12:38 PM
At the point where the books end and the TV show takes over, the whole game changed.
The brilliance of the show was replaced with the same corny shit every other show does.
dont get me wrong, its really well made TV, the visuals (on their comparative budgets) are stunning.

Can't agree with this more..
Yesterdays episode was spectacular.. Absolutely massive battle, brilliant stuff..
But there has been a huge difference between GoT with book, and GoT after book..

Bon
30-04-2019, 12:39 PM
Hoping the following people die next week:

Kingslayer.
Shiny Stormtrooper lady.
Emo boy and dragon lady and all of the dragons.
Ginger Stark.
the dude who shagged the primary school chick.
the bloke that looks like the dude who shagged the primary school chick.
Johny Bonovoglia with a goatee.
Fat Andy Roberts.
Eyepatch dude, and all of eyepatch dudes mates. Who are those blokes? **** those guys.
The weirdo old bloke who is love with dragon lady.
Medieval Carl Williams who just gives up his sword to some creepy old man.

Also, I feel this summary of characters needs more props..
Well in..

baldrick
30-04-2019, 01:17 PM
I kept waiting for Gandalf to sweep in & save the day.

plague
30-04-2019, 01:38 PM
actually we should have been prepared for this amount of lameness after the 1st episode.
They went to great lengths to make sure all the fans knew that Ed Sheeran got duly ****ed up.
They put that in there because of the blowback for the cameo. That was the showrunners saying, sorry guys, we are sorry we took a swing and you didnt like it. Here have some nice warm fuzzy narrative blanket to tuck you into bed tonight.

if i was in charge, after the fans whinged about old Ed, id have him come back in for a 2nd appearance. get him to take a dump in his hand then fling it at the camera. Or have a new character called "Superfan, Son of Moron" and have Ed beat him to death with a lute.

god damn fan boys are the worst.

The Dunster
30-04-2019, 01:38 PM
Umbrella Academy. Just finished Season 1. Pretty good.

Jetmaster
30-04-2019, 01:49 PM
Blissfully unaware of anything related to Game of Thrones....still can't work out why it had an A-League round?

https://i.imgur.com/M7izgpp.jpg

Mind you I don't watch Star Wars either.

furns
04-05-2019, 03:40 PM
What do you fill your spare time with then JM? :whistling:

Jetmaster
05-05-2019, 05:05 PM
40 years collecting gives you plenty to recycle at my age Furns!

I have enough bloody VHS, DVD, records, tapes, CDs, boxsets, movies, concerts and digitals to keep me entertained whenever there is no live football on. Enough till I fall off the perch.

For example I have every FA Cup final in full right back to 1960.

Aegon
06-05-2019, 03:36 PM

But last night was pretty weak ass story telling. the way 'all' the major good guys were alive at the end, despite everyone else getting dusted was lame. The good guys all got their 'hero' moment that was no doubt written into their contracts by some wack ass talent agent.

Couldn't agree more. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it at the time. Visually it was just awesome...... but the more I think about it the worse the story sits with me.

I'm hoping the show doesn't go out with a whimper because its the only ending we'll ever have to the story. Martin is never going to finish the books.

The library scene with Arya was awesome though.

baldrick
06-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Couldn't agree more. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it at the time. Visually it was just awesome......

Watch it, Aren’t you in it ??!?

Obviously I just worked out your username...:blush:

StannyCFCJET
06-05-2019, 10:36 PM
GOT can end anytime now. Dont even need the last two episodes, Just end it now. Such a shame its turned into this

plague
06-05-2019, 11:45 PM
GOT can end anytime now. Dont even need the last two episodes, Just end it now. Such a shame its turned into this

yeah when they get so lazy now they forget to remove the coffee the Dragon lady was drinking in a scene says quite a bit about where we all are.
https://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/v1557127333/GoT_Starbucks_gqkjji.jpg

as a Jets fan this type of stuff doesnt surprise me, but geez there are some mad online people out there.

plague
06-05-2019, 11:52 PM
also, who gives a dog away?
**** that guy.

pv4
07-05-2019, 09:45 AM
also, who gives a dog away?
**** that guy.

He didn't even give him a cuddle, either.

The more I think about it, the more I burn about the fxxxing plot armour they gave everyone in the Battle of Winterfell. There was no reason to keep Brienne & Missandei alive, at the least. What they should have done is got Jamie to put his heater move on Brienne before the battle, and then mid-battle have him go his hatefilled dialogue and leave Brienne to die then and there - what better way for him to realise he needs Cersei than to ditch the important war midway thru? That way Tormund could have gone all emo drunk rage during and after the battle. The way the whole Jamie thing was actually handled has been far more lame.

A lot of the tension they created last night could have been done without all those major characters, too. Euron is a fxxxing disney pirate.

What is great now though is the magic side of shit is gone, and the Game is back on. The moment Varys hawkeyed Dany, the game was back on and I couldn't be more excited. Shame they lingered on the first two eps that they are now just rushing thru it all, though.

I do like that Dany is going a bit screwloose too, apparently "in the books" she is far more crazy.

When The Hound & Arya were strolling away and he said he has unfinished business at KL, did anyone else feel the earth erupt around you and fireworks lit the sky or was that just me?

plague
07-05-2019, 12:54 PM
Euron is a fxxxing disney pirate.

I call him Wack Sparrow.

plague
07-05-2019, 01:05 PM
He didn't even give him a cuddle, either.

The more I think about it, the more I burn about the fxxxing plot armour they gave everyone in the Battle of Winterfell. There was no reason to keep Brienne & Missandei alive, at the least. What they should have done is got Jamie to put his heater move on Brienne before the battle, and then mid-battle have him go his hatefilled dialogue and leave Brienne to die then and there - what better way for him to realise he needs Cersei than to ditch the important war midway thru? That way Tormund could have gone all emo drunk rage during and after the battle. The way the whole Jamie thing was actually handled has been far more lame.

A lot of the tension they created last night could have been done without all those major characters, too. Euron is a fxxxing disney pirate.

What is great now though is the magic side of shit is gone, and the Game is back on. The moment Varys hawkeyed Dany, the game was back on and I couldn't be more excited. Shame they lingered on the first two eps that they are now just rushing thru it all, though.

I do like that Dany is going a bit screwloose too, apparently "in the books" she is far more crazy.

When The Hound & Arya were strolling away and he said he has unfinished business at KL, did anyone else feel the earth erupt around you and fireworks lit the sky or was that just me?

oh, they needed Orange beard guy in there so he can have YET ANOTHER scene where he drinks and ogles the Shiny Stormtrooper lady. Then he just walks off into the sunset? that dude should have been smoked last week, at least then 'some' of the audience would have been sad about an actual character dying in that battle.

As for this fight between Michael Jackson Pepsi commercial guy and his brother, who cares. one will die, they both will die, neither will die, Little assassin chick will remove her face and kill them both. who cares.

5 min ago hes chopping wood with a bunch of gypos out in the country and all of a sudden hes like "MUST KILL BIG BRO". To think that this is a significant part and MUST be in the final 2 episodes is weak ass.

and dont start me on homie sneaking up on the brothers in the pub walking the streets with a giant crossbow like "yo, nothing to see here, by the way has anyone seen the really famous one handed dude and the dwarf guy i just want a quick word......"

and and and, Queen of Queens and the only good character Cersei is up there on the wall with all the weapons in the world and her one true problem, dragon lady is right there and she's all like "nope, we MUST obey the rules of ceasefire". didnt she blow up a church full of relos and god people and kids? so NOW she follows the rules? nah, he gotta unleash the arrows and take down every last one of them. is she worried about her rep? "oh man, did you hear that Cersei killed someone AGAINST THE RULES, i aint voting for her in the next election"

pv4
07-05-2019, 01:21 PM
oh, they needed Orange beard guy in there so he can have YET ANOTHER scene where he drinks and ogles the Shiny Stormtrooper lady. Then he just walks off into the sunset? that dude should have been smoked last week, at least then 'some' of the audience would have been sad about an actual character dying in that battle.

As for this fight between Michael Jackson Pepsi commercial guy and his brother, who cares. one will die, they both will die, neither will die, Little assassin chick will remove her face and kill them both. who cares.

5 min ago hes chopping wood with a bunch of gypos out in the country and all of a sudden hes like "MUST KILL BIG BRO". To think that this is a significant part and MUST be in the final 2 episodes is weak ass.

and dont start me on homie sneaking up on the brothers in the pub walking the streets with a giant crossbow like "yo, nothing to see here, by the way has anyone seen the really famous one handed dude and the dwarf guy i just want a quick word......"

and and and, Queen of Queens and the only good character Cersei is up there on the wall with all the weapons in the world and her one true problem, dragon lady is right there and she's all like "nope, we MUST obey the rules of ceasefire". didnt she blow up a church full of relos and god people and kids? so NOW she follows the rules? nah, he gotta unleash the arrows and take down every last one of them. is she worried about her rep? "oh man, did you hear that Cersei killed someone AGAINST THE RULES, i aint voting for her in the next election"

Honestly I enjoyed they gave the Wildlings closure. Which was the sole reason to keep Tormund alive.

Bruh we are here to watch dudes swing dicks and swords, both of which will happen in the Clegane Bowl. Don't diss it, just strap in and enjoy the ride.

Cersei is the only one atm that actually deserves the throne. Everyone else is playing dumb.

StannyCFCJET
07-05-2019, 01:43 PM
Honestly I enjoyed they gave the Wildlings closure. Which was the sole reason to keep Tormund alive.

Bruh we are here to watch dudes swing dicks and swords, both of which will happen in the Clegane Bowl. Don't diss it, just strap in and enjoy the ride.

Cersei is the only one atm that actually deserves the throne. Everyone else is playing dumb.

Sansa is the smartest but no-one will listen to her. But the end is soo obvious whats gonna happen so she will get what's hers

plague
09-05-2019, 01:24 PM
https://twitter.com/daenerysthor/status/1125070781711626240

2 things, this video is funny because poor Ramsey cant hide her disdain for how her arc ended, and Dragon lady (even though she looks drunk) is just so so so very sarcastically happy for how hers ends.

also, they said Emo boy didnt go pat his dog because the dog/wolf thing is a CGI character (REALLY, THATS NOT KENNY BAKER IN A ****ING DOG SUIT????) and that having a human/CGI scene was really hard and expensive.
so they gave up that small moment of actual emotion but they seem to have plenty of budget available for yet another flyby of those 2 assholes and those asshole dragons?
really?

**** this show.

**** this show.

pv4
09-05-2019, 01:32 PM
so they gave up that small moment of actual emotion but they seem to have plenty of budget available for yet another flyby of those 2 assholes and those asshole dragons?

One I read the other day was Sam laid down and cried during the Battle of Winterfell because apparently they just straight up ran out of extras to throw at him so he just improvised laying down screaming and they were like "yep that'll do, plot armour has him covered".

StannyCFCJET
10-05-2019, 08:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahoHDU0T44I

plague
13-05-2019, 11:01 PM
Only one more can of corn left to go.
We've almost done it.

pv4
14-05-2019, 07:52 AM
So many questions on what the writers were up to this season.

It's not even close to fair that there was so much carnage at KL as opposed to the severe lack of it at Winterfell. Plot armour can't melt steel beams though yo.

Speaking of which, if anyone sees the angle of the cuts on the Red Keep towers and doesn't realise 9/11 was an inside job I just give up.

These genius writers think it's cool to get Disney Pirate to very easily no-scope a dragon last ep, but then let Drogon get away with all that madness last night? In a world full of fairies, zombies, dragons, green fire & accepted incest, even that was a stretch.

Plaguesey you didn't deserve the Clegane Bowl and I hope you shut your eyes during it.

Mad love to Grey Worm, the only real consistent character in this whole series. Love that dude and I felt every bit of anger, love & loyalty in that spear throw.

plague
14-05-2019, 08:58 AM
So many questions on what the writers were up to this season.

It's not even close to fair that there was so much carnage at KL as opposed to the severe lack of it at Winterfell. Plot armour can't melt steel beams though yo.

Speaking of which, if anyone sees the angle of the cuts on the Red Keep towers and doesn't realise 9/11 was an inside job I just give up.

These genius writers think it's cool to get Disney Pirate to very easily no-scope a dragon last ep, but then let Drogon get away with all that madness last night? In a world full of fairies, zombies, dragons, green fire & accepted incest, even that was a stretch.

Plaguesey you didn't deserve the Clegane Bowl and I hope you shut your eyes during it.

Mad love to Grey Worm, the only real consistent character in this whole series. Love that dude and I felt every bit of anger, love & loyalty in that spear throw.

it was pretty meh.

did we need yet another hour of constant dragon flying around torching stuff. we get it, she hella mad. but the whole episode was just that.
agree with everything re:Wack Sparrow. Worst character ever. Oh yeah ill just swim a good 800m in full bikie leather and get to shore right as one dude and one dude only is standing there and it happens to be someone im keen to throw down with. Lame.
also, Westeros should send a team to the Olympics they are the best swimmers ever, they will win all the medals.

Grey worm dude is sneaky chubby. heaps out of shape for such an elite warrior. check him out, hes got a pot belly. low energy, sad.

hey who would have thought that the 2 dudes would die fighting each other, huh, who?????? oh everyone? nevermind. Oh and he did the eyesquashing thing. SHOCKER!!!!!

also, what TENSION!!!!! i seriously thought the Littlest Hoho was gonna die from the 75 buildings that fell on her, but she kept getting up every time. its almost like they could have done it just once, and it would have been enough.

The only real surprise was the Queen of Queens going out like that. i fully expected the Littlest Hoho or someone to come flying in with the killshot.

Also, so where is the actual Iron Throne? is it now dust as well or is it in one of the 3 buildings that the Dragon didnt destroy?

also, do Dragons run out of fire? is there some sort of petrol tank of fire that eventually runs out or can they just continually be on full flow 24/7? Mrs Plague tried to tell me that Dragons can just get down like that on the reg but i dont think Mrs Plague has any sort of degree in Zoology or Dragonism so im doubtful.

by tuesday next week this will all be forgotten about so lets live in the moment while we can guys.

plague
14-05-2019, 09:09 PM
if someone is getting into Game of Thrones get them to watch this as it really explains things in good detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4C4yoMPp0o

baldrick
14-05-2019, 09:44 PM
Also, so where is the actual Iron Throne? is it now dust as well or is it in one of the 3 buildings that the Dragon didnt destroy?

Don’t tell the crazy dragon lady, its stashed in my back shed. To be honest, it ain’t that comfortable.

plague
14-05-2019, 10:31 PM
i just remembered that white horse just showing up at the end.
why was that white hose there when everything else was torched?

baldrick
15-05-2019, 01:16 PM
That’s Shadowfax.

pv4
15-05-2019, 01:17 PM
That’s Shadowfax.

Helms Deep was 3 eps ago though.

baldrick
15-05-2019, 09:39 PM
I rewatched the Helms Deep battle again recently. Still outstanding.

StannyCFCJET
15-05-2019, 10:09 PM
I rewatched the Helms Deep battle again recently. Still outstanding.

Best scene in any movie of all time

StannyCFCJET
20-05-2019, 10:09 PM
Well no more of that train wreck

plague
20-05-2019, 11:42 PM

whoo boy.
that certainly was........errrr something.

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_b0702ded-9b49-4ace-9637-17086e63dab5?wid=1400&fmt=webp

Frodo
21-05-2019, 07:20 AM

Not an attack on you Stanny.

But what was everyone expecting?

The choice was either close off everyone's character arc or leave us with a stupid cliff hanger that would never be solved.

I think season 8 was easily one of the best seasons.

I'll admit it felt like they needed just a little bit more time to explain a couple of parts, like 2 more episodes to spread out a few things. But it answered most of my questions sufficiently.

Frodo
21-05-2019, 07:23 AM
Also, remember how Lost ended. That was an actual terrible ending, this is a masterpiece compared to that.

plague
21-05-2019, 08:38 AM
yeah i never watched Lost but yeah people really hated that one huh.

the worst part is, the places most of the main characters ended up in seemed to fit the overall story pretty well.

but geez, they seemed to really mess up how they all got there.

plus:

Spoiler alert!!!

The Dragon doing 'that thing' to the throne. wow, that was really bad.
Grey Worm just knifing dudes left right and centre for no biggie but someone knocks off the only person he respects and blindly follows and he's all like "PRISONERS HAVE RIGHTS WE CANT RUSH THESE THINGS".
The chubby boys 'lets have democracy' speech was terrible and bad.
The meta scene with the book was wack. Why not just have some snot nose kid look into a snowglobe and it was a castle along. wack.
they should have whacked the midget. his arc was done, he served no purpose.

i aint hating on the show, and agree getting the ending right is near impossible. but nah, i didnt dig much of those last 2 seasons at all.

plague
21-05-2019, 09:05 AM
Lets be real though.
This is the moment the whole show peaked.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/a81a501538d1284f899cffd86a7993fd/tenor.gif?itemid=12025785

It was always gonna be downhill from there.

Frodo
21-05-2019, 10:34 AM
In regards to Drogon and the Throne. It was already explained that Dragons are very intelligent by one of the maesters. Hence they only allow those of Targaryen blood to ride them and knowing when to ex machina in to save their queen sort of stuff.

So Drogon basically looked at Jon and Throne and decided what was the real cause of her and his brother's deaths.

The only plot holes I saw were the water bottles during the council at the dragon pits and Greyworm talking to Jon about where the queen is and then somehow beating him there and waiting at the top of the stairs. Everything else was pretty neatly finished off and followed the story arcs from the very beginning.

Frodo
21-05-2019, 10:35 AM
Lets be real though.
This is the moment the whole show peaked.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/a81a501538d1284f899cffd86a7993fd/tenor.gif?itemid=12025785

It was always gonna be downhill from there.

That was a tremendous scene.

The be-NED-ding in season 1 was also pretty good. Although I hated it at the time.

plague
21-05-2019, 10:48 AM
https://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/every-single-game-of-thrones-actor-hates-the-final-season

this is completely unscientific and over exaggerated but when theres a pile on, you gotta just jump on dont ya?

plague
21-05-2019, 10:53 AM
It was already explained that Dragons are very intelligent by one of the maesters.

but not smart enough to know where there is a whole damn fleet of ships underneath them with big harpoony things?

nor smart enough to just sneak around behind them and torch the ever loving shit out of all their asses?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/FeKCg9cNkpSCs/100.webp?cid=790b76115ce33da562574f3473a79926&rid=100.webp

Dragons is stoopid.

StannyCFCJET
21-05-2019, 11:09 AM
Not an attack on you Stanny.

But what was everyone expecting?

The choice was either close off everyone's character arc or leave us with a stupid cliff hanger that would never be solved.

I think season 8 was easily one of the best seasons.

I'll admit it felt like they needed just a little bit more time to explain a couple of parts, like 2 more episodes to spread out a few things. But it answered most of my questions sufficiently.

If I explain all the plot holes and dumb writing it will ruin then season for you and I'm glad you enjoyed it so ima leave let you enjoy it in peace. But it wasn't a good season not even close

StannyCFCJET
21-05-2019, 11:09 AM
but not smart enough to know where there is a whole damn fleet of ships underneath them with big harpoony things?

nor smart enough to just sneak around behind them and torch the ever loving shit out of all their asses?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/FeKCg9cNkpSCs/100.webp?cid=790b76115ce33da562574f3473a79926&rid=100.webp

Dragons is stoopid.

According to D&D the canon line is she forgot about the Fleet

plague
21-05-2019, 11:41 AM
According to D&D the canon line is she forgot about the Fleet

oh. sounds...........weird.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/Q6gPyUYrCk76g/giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ce34875494d674b63da5757&rid=giphy.gif

Frodo
21-05-2019, 01:07 PM
If I explain all the plot holes and dumb writing it will ruin then season for you and I'm glad you enjoyed it so ima leave let you enjoy it in peace. But it wasn't a good season not even close

I know all the problems... But I also know it's a tv show and enjoyed it for that.

I understand people enjoy over analysing stuff like this, so don't think I'm having a go at you. I'm happy for you to do whatever you want with the show.

StannyCFCJET
21-05-2019, 01:56 PM
I know all the problems... But I also know it's a tv show and enjoyed it for that.

I understand people enjoy over analysing stuff like this, so don't think I'm having a go at you. I'm happy for you to do whatever you want with the show.

People are going off the logic established in previous seasons even by some of the characters in this season

Bremsstrahlung
21-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Idk, I'm pretty neutral about it all.
Yes, it could have been better.
Did it deserve better? Probably.
Was it the worst thing I've ever watched? Absolutely not.

Most movies or shows don't come close to the novels and I think this was a formidable attempt. Martin theoretically told them how the story was going to progress and offered the key points. I imagine the key points involved you-know-who's you-know-what's, doing the you-know-what to that place. I think the novels would/will take us to that point alot more gradual.

The big question is why they decided to end it so quickly. Was it the actors? surely HBO are making a killing, and could more easily justify more seasons of GoT than Walking Dead (Yes, its stillllllllllllllllllll going).

There's so many "but why?" or "why not", but this has genuinely been one of the best shows for some time. There was never a perfect ending.

StannyCFCJET
21-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Idk, I'm pretty neutral about it all.
Yes, it could have been better.
Did it deserve better? Probably.
Was it the worst thing I've ever watched? Absolutely not.

Most movies or shows don't come close to the novels and I think this was a formidable attempt. Martin theoretically told them how the story was going to progress and offered the key points. I imagine the key points involved you-know-who's you-know-what's, doing the you-know-what to that place. I think the novels would/will take us to that point alot more gradual.

The big question is why they decided to end it so quickly. Was it the actors? surely HBO are making a killing, and could more easily justify more seasons of GoT than Walking Dead (Yes, its stillllllllllllllllllll going).

There's so many "but why?" or "why not", but this has genuinely been one of the best shows for some time. There was never a perfect ending.

It was the writers being offered a star wars gig and not wanting to lose it. HBO offered them 10 seasons

Frodo
21-05-2019, 04:56 PM
It was the writers being offered a star wars gig and not wanting to lose it. HBO offered them 10 seasons

And also the actors wanted too much money. They barely had enough money for CGI this season, hence the lack of scenes with large groups of people like the last few seasons and they had to limit the amount big screen time of the dragons and ghost where possible.

The show got too big for itself and had to end.

The were all offered a 10 episode season or a 6 episode season and they all agreed on the 6 episode option. Hence the small amount of haste in wrapping things up.

I think big everyone was given the same amount of time for their story arcs to end as Tyrion and Jon (i.e about 5-10 mins) it would have been fine. But that's in a perfect world. You don't want another LOTR, 3 hour too long ending.

Side note. The LOTR tv series will be out at a similar time to the GOT prequel series. Gonna be a fantasy heaven in a few years time.

StannyCFCJET
21-05-2019, 06:26 PM
And also the actors wanted too much money. They barely had enough money for CGI this season, hence the lack of scenes with large groups of people like the last few seasons and they had to limit the amount big screen time of the dragons and ghost where possible.

The show got too big for itself and had to end.

The were all offered a 10 episode season or a 6 episode season and they all agreed on the 6 episode option. Hence the small amount of haste in wrapping things up.

I think big everyone was given the same amount of time for their story arcs to end as Tyrion and Jon (i.e about 5-10 mins) it would have been fine. But that's in a perfect world. You don't want another LOTR, 3 hour too long ending.

Side note. The LOTR tv series will be out at a similar time to the GOT prequel series. Gonna be a fantasy heaven in a few years time.

GOT will struggle to get fans to commit to another GOT series. Hopefully Lotr is good

Frodo
21-05-2019, 06:50 PM
GOT will struggle to get fans to commit to another GOT series.

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha...

StannyCFCJET
21-05-2019, 07:36 PM
Bahahahahahahahahahahaha...

More people hate it then love it and I've heard HBO are not happy with how it was done. More to come

Frodo
21-05-2019, 07:43 PM
More people hate it then love it and I've heard HBO are not happy with how it was done. More to come

I bet you they are currently checking their bank balance and saying.. "yeah, we could probably do this again."

Stop believing loud people online. Most people loved it, everyone is talking about it, it's been a massive success and will be talked about for years to come. Go on Reddit and see the tens of thousands of people talking up how amazing the whole show was. The entire front page was GOT yesterday.

Chill buddy, you'll understand in a few days once things have calmed down.

StannyCFCJET
21-05-2019, 07:47 PM
I bet you they are currently checking their bank balance and saying.. "yeah, we could probably do this again."

Stop believing loud people online. Most people loved it, everyone is talking about it, it's been a massive success and will be talked about for years to come. Go on Reddit and see the tens of thousands of people talking up how amazing the whole show was. The entire front page was GOT yesterday.

Chill buddy, you'll understand in a few days once things have calmed down.

Nah I've only really seen hate not much love all over social media and all the big GOT YouTube channels. I'm glad some people love it but I can't ignore plot holes which ruin any good story or logical thought process

Bremsstrahlung
21-05-2019, 07:49 PM
If George Martin wrote it this way and filled the plot holes in the novel, how would you feel?

StannyCFCJET
21-05-2019, 07:57 PM
If George Martin wrote it this way and filled the plot holes in the novel, how would you feel?

I'd be able to accept it because it would have proper set up and all make sense. And the characters wouldn't suddenly change their behaviour for some storyline to work. (No I'm not talking about Danny)

plague
21-05-2019, 08:10 PM
Stop believing loud people online.

didnt last weekends election teach us this very same damn thing?

over time, the series will get revisited and seen as a whole package that people can binge and id bet they'd be way cooler with the ending.
the last few years had so much hype, so big a gap between series and even the week gap between episodes is not the way people consume their shows as much anymore. so many people had so much time to kill between episodes, and they spent it analysing, talking and theorising. If you give yourself 10 mins between eps for this last series and dont think too hard, it will flow a lot better.

plague
21-05-2019, 08:10 PM

George has no pages.

StannyCFCJET
21-05-2019, 09:13 PM
didnt last weekends election teach us this very same damn thing?

over time, the series will get revisited and seen as a whole package that people can binge and id bet they'd be way cooler with the ending.
the last few years had so much hype, so big a gap between series and even the week gap between episodes is not the way people consume their shows as much anymore. so many people had so much time to kill between episodes, and they spent it analysing, talking and theorising. If you give yourself 10 mins between eps for this last series and dont think too hard, it will flow a lot better.

No because the plot holes still exist. You can't under those even without analysing

Bremsstrahlung
21-05-2019, 09:45 PM
I can side with those that feel this was rushed and like more attention to details would have made it better.

The people that don’t like the significant events, the grand plan, the eventual ruler, that’s a problem with Martin, not so much the directors/writer.

Like somebody else said.
They all decided that they’d do 6 episodes. They needed to get person a b c d e f and g to x y z, and make sure that in between h j l and y all happened.
I can’t imagine Martin had zero to do with it. So storyline wise, I think you have to accept it.

Production wise, yes, things could’ve been better. I’d rather sacrifice 20-30 minutes from murder in the dark and saved 15 minutes of Drogon mowing the grass, to use that time to develop some of the stories some more.

I’d love to watch the battle again in full HD or 4K if it can be done and see if it’s any better without having to squint and try to make out wtf is happening. At the start, it builds suspense and makes you appreciate what it would’ve been like in the moonlight, but after that, cmon....

Frodo
21-05-2019, 10:04 PM
I can side with those that feel this was rushed and like more attention to details would have made it better.

The people that don’t like the significant events, the grand plan, the eventual ruler, that’s a problem with Martin, not so much the directors/writer.

Like somebody else said.
They all decided that they’d do 6 episodes. They needed to get person a b c d e f and g to x y z, and make sure that in between h j l and y all happened.
I can’t imagine Martin had zero to do with it. So storyline wise, I think you have to accept it.

Production wise, yes, things could’ve been better. I’d rather sacrifice 20-30 minutes from murder in the dark and saved 15 minutes of Drogon mowing the grass, to use that time to develop some of the stories some more.

I’d love to watch the battle again in full HD or 4K if it can be done and see if it’s any better without having to squint and try to make out wtf is happening. At the start, it builds suspense and makes you appreciate what it would’ve been like in the moonlight, but after that, cmon....

Can confirm "the long night" looked good in 4k. I loved the darkness, it was as if the night king brought the darkness with him in the storm and blackened out any hope/light.
I was pissed when people complained about one of the best parts of the episode.

Frodo
21-05-2019, 10:05 PM
No because the plot holes still exist. You can't under those even without analysing

Stanny, do a quick list of the main plot holes your are worried about and I'll try to tidy some up for you. Some of them will be opinions and I'll leave those alone as all art is subjective. But I might be able to help with a few others.

plague
21-05-2019, 10:19 PM

i rewatched Breaking Bad (which i loved at the time but felt very 'underwhelmed' by the finale when it was on live).

but 2nd time around via bingemode it was way cleaner and more enjoyable.

guess we'll find out when the GOT boxset/marathons start.

plague
21-05-2019, 10:22 PM

yeah this here is where its at.

StannyCFCJET
21-05-2019, 10:45 PM
Stanny, do a quick list of the main plot holes your are worried about and I'll try to tidy some up for you. Some of them will be opinions and I'll leave those alone as all art is subjective. But I might be able to help with a few others.

Danny forgetting about Eurons fleet when she is told about them 1000 times and even earlier in that episode.

All the dothraki and unsullied dying at the long night. (We saw it) The beyond idiotic war tactics during said long night.

Cersei who is a muderous lunatic not killing everyone in episode 4 when their standing infront of kings landing within range of her giant bolts.

Tyrion and Jon snow magically learning dothraki and unsullied during Cerseis speech in the finals. Several characters suddenly reverting or being irrelevant to push plot. She's not my queen blah blah blah

Danny's Dragons being useless against the dead and a small fleet of ships and then next episode 1 dragon is uber powerful against a whole castle and way more bolts.

I'm sure I'd find more problems if I wanted

Frodo
22-05-2019, 01:47 AM
Danny forgetting about Eurons fleet when she is told about them 1000 times and even earlier in that episode.

All the dothraki and unsullied dying at the long night. (We saw it) The beyond idiotic war tactics during said long night.

Cersei who is a muderous lunatic not killing everyone in episode 4 when their standing infront of kings landing within range of her giant bolts.

Tyrion and Jon snow magically learning dothraki and unsullied during Cerseis speech in the finals. Several characters suddenly reverting or being irrelevant to push plot. She's not my queen blah blah blah

Danny's Dragons being useless against the dead and a small fleet of ships and then next episode 1 dragon is uber powerful against a whole castle and way more bolts.

Dany thought her dragons couldn't be stopped by the fleet, which was true for Drogon when he decimated the fleet outside Kings landing. Rhaeger obviously wasn't as quick as Drogon, same with Viserion up north.

They only ran into the night after Melisandre gave them swords of fire. Remember, the Dothraki aren't exactly strategists. They won wars by sheer force and weren't easy to control, even for Danys. There was a lot of unsullied, but I do think they exaggerated how many died at Kings Landing. But that's TV land for you.

If Cersie kills Dany at the gates during parlay she would lose a lot of backers and would still have to deal with the Unsullied army, the Dothraki, plus other houses would join the Men of the North and defeat her anyway. If she beats Danys in battle, all houses would have to bend the knee to her. Cersei is evil, but not stupid.

Jon and Tyrion spent time with the Dothraki / Unsullied, it's not ridiculous to imagine that they could learn their language. But that's not really a big plot hole, how many movies do the German soldiers speak English and what-not? You've got to allow characters to understand each other.

The dragons struggling in the snow isn't that hard to believe. The night king was born of dragon glass and could only be killed with dragon glass or Valerian steel, I'm pretty sure that was explained in the show (it may have been in the book only) Don't forget, Danys can't be hurt by fire either. So thats not hard to believe. The not beating the ship's one day and beating them the next is classic tv trope. All it needed was a training montage.

Remember, it's a tv show. Some things are allowed to be skipped over to make it easier to tell the story.

pv4
22-05-2019, 09:29 AM
GOT will struggle to get fans to commit to another GOT series.

Honestly, when the prequel/sequel/spinoff gets made I dare you not to watch it. We will all watch it. Starve a man for a few years and a raw potato would be the best food he's ever eaten when handed to him.

pv4
22-05-2019, 09:35 AM

I don't think she forgot about the fleet, I just don't think the fleet was expected to be there and be so armed. I'm pretty sure no one knew about the giant crossbows, and the show stated they are only useful for a surprise attack.

Jon and Dany are at least consistent in poor war tactics throughout the many seasons of this show, it was no surprise the Battle of Winterfell had severely stupid moments too.

Cersei made it very clear in this season that she believed KL has never been seiged and she genuinely didn't believe it would be. She had no reason, according to her views, to attack.

I don't think it made out as if Tyrion & Jon actually understood what Dany was saying. Tyrion even said to Jon "did that sound like someone who was done liberating" or whatever the exact line was - it vibed to me they picked up the tone as well as the names of the cities she mentioned and they understood what she was getting at.

Dany's dragons weren't useless against the dead, they were useless against the Night King (which is relatively fair) and they were surprised by Euron an episode before. The next episode she used the angle of the sun as well as being ready to manoeuvre on Drogon to wipe out the giant crossbows. Again, like earlier, the giant crossbows were only ever good for a surprise attack as they are slow to reload and move.

plague
22-05-2019, 10:37 AM
man, this military tactics thing is a bit lame.

its the olden days, and the soldiers were either a bunch of savages or a bunch of dickless dudes who had a shield and spear each.

thats what they did back in the day, they just charged in and had a lash. it was worth it alone just for the visual of all those torches going out. that looked dope.

and Queen of Queens Cersei knows that there are still some rules of engagement. there was only like 50 dickless blokes there, if she wiped them out when they went for a chat she knew there were a bunch more coming. chopping off Hot Ramseys head was just a negotiating tactic.......which kind of didnt work.

again, its the olden days, same way people played long ball football back in the day until Griff invented the 4-3-3.

StannyCFCJET
22-05-2019, 10:53 AM
The writers have made it Canon that she forgot about the fleet. That's how it surprised them. They confirmed this in the post episode videos

StannyCFCJET
22-05-2019, 10:55 AM
Dany thought her dragons couldn't be stopped by the fleet, which was true for Drogon when he decimated the fleet outside Kings landing. Rhaeger obviously wasn't as quick as Drogon, same with Viserion up north.

They only ran into the night after Melisandre gave them swords of fire. Remember, the Dothraki aren't exactly strategists. They won wars by sheer force and weren't easy to control, even for Danys. There was a lot of unsullied, but I do think they exaggerated how many died at Kings Landing. But that's TV land for you.

If Cersie kills Dany at the gates during parlay she would lose a lot of backers and would still have to deal with the Unsullied army, the Dothraki, plus other houses would join the Men of the North and defeat her anyway. If she beats Danys in battle, all houses would have to bend the knee to her. Cersei is evil, but not stupid.

Jon and Tyrion spent time with the Dothraki / Unsullied, it's not ridiculous to imagine that they could learn their language. But that's not really a big plot hole, how many movies do the German soldiers speak English and what-not? You've got to allow characters to understand each other.

The dragons struggling in the snow isn't that hard to believe. The night king was born of dragon glass and could only be killed with dragon glass or Valerian steel, I'm pretty sure that was explained in the show (it may have been in the book only) Don't forget, Danys can't be hurt by fire either. So thats not hard to believe. The not beating the ship's one day and beating them the next is classic tv trope. All it needed was a training montage.

Remember, it's a tv show. Some things are allowed to be skipped over to make it easier to tell the story.

I don't agree with any of that and nothing in the show really backups these points

Macca
22-05-2019, 10:57 AM
man, this military tactics thing is a bit lame.

its the olden days, and the soldiers were either a bunch of savages or a bunch of dickless dudes who had a shield and spear each.

thats what they did back in the day, they just charged in and had a lash. it was worth it alone just for the visual of all those torches going out. that looked dope.

and Queen of Queens Cersei knows that there are still some rules of engagement. there was only like 50 dickless blokes there, if she wiped them out when they went for a chat she knew there were a bunch more coming. chopping off Hot Ramseys head was just a negotiating tactic.......which kind of didnt work.

again, its the olden days, same way people played long ball football back in the day until Griff invented the 4-3-3.

Nah I'm not buying that. That's the biggest thing that annoyed me was that whole battle was stupid as hell.

You have a scene showing all the guys making defense plans. I can't remember exactly who was and wasn't there but roughly Tyrion, Jamie, Varys, Jon, Onion knight. People experienced in battle tactics.
Tyrion a few seasons earlier pretty much successfully devised a battle plan defending King's Landing against Stannis' fleet against the odds. All these guys are pretty cluey.

I can maybe buy the Dothraki. Maybe they just are that dumb and uncontrollable that they would charge in headfirst.
But having siege weapons (trebuchets etc) on the front line of your army? Yeah ok.
Having a big ass castle (you know, those things that people had been building for centuries cause they're really really good at being able to be defended) right behind you, and your enemy is coming to attack you, and deciding that you should come outside to be sporting?
When they did fall back into the castle, not having any means to repel the undead scaling the walls?
The dragons going and looking for night king dude instead of just laying waste to the undead hordes even a little? Spending 5 minutes "mowing the grass" as someone put earlier would have been pretty worthwhile you'd think.

Anyway. Largely agree with the sentiment that it was never gonna live up to people's expectations and will be looked back upon more favourably.

The Dunster
22-05-2019, 11:33 AM
I've never watched a single episode of GOT. What's it about ?

plague
22-05-2019, 11:35 AM
I've never watched a single episode of GOT. What's it about ?

decorative furniture.
things of that nature.

plague
22-05-2019, 11:45 AM
Having a big ass castle (you know, those things that people had been building for centuries cause they're really really good at being able to be defended) right behind you, and your enemy is coming to attack you, and deciding that you should come outside to be sporting?

lets not let the Old Knight King off the hook here either.
his mob attacked from the front, when he knew old Stoner Bran was out the back under the tree with like 6 blokes guarding him (most of who didnt have dicks). Why didnt he just lob in over the back fence while the stink was going on out front? he had a dragon he could have just flown past all of it.

also, as for sitting in the castle and waiting it out, there a was a bunch of dead dudes about to lay seige to the castle. All the humans inside would have eventually died of hunger etc yeah? again, what good were the dickless blokes with one spear on the inside of the castle? they had like one throw over the wall and then would have been like "yo im out of ammo guess ill just chill". They needed to take the fight to the dead dudes. just like when Chief Harragon used to take the big hitups into Spud Carroll.

also also also, what if the Night King was going after Bran because he knew that Bran was gonna be king of kings? Remember how in the Battle of the Bastards, Doctor Strange told Tony Stark (obvs Brans cousin) that there was only one way in 14million they would win?

it all makes perfect sense now doesnt it.

Macca
22-05-2019, 12:41 PM
lets not let the Old Knight King off the hook here either.
his mob attacked from the front, when he knew old Stoner Bran was out the back under the tree with like 6 blokes guarding him (most of who didnt have dicks). Why didnt he just lob in over the back fence while the stink was going on out front? he had a dragon he could have just flown past all of it.

also, as for sitting in the castle and waiting it out, there a was a bunch of dead dudes about to lay seige to the castle. All the humans inside would have eventually died of hunger etc yeah? again, what good were the dickless blokes with one spear on the inside of the castle? they had like one throw over the wall and then would have been like "yo im out of ammo guess ill just chill". They needed to take the fight to the dead dudes. just like when Chief Harragon used to take the big hitups into Spud Carroll.

also also also, what if the Night King was going after Bran because he knew that Bran was gonna be king of kings? Remember how in the Battle of the Bastards, Doctor Strange told Tony Stark (obvs Brans cousin) that there was only one way in 14million they would win?

it all makes perfect sense now doesnt it.

Not letting him off the hook at all, but I gotta stop ranting somewhere.

All shitty old night king had to do was go hide in a corner and not get got and his horde would have wiped that army and prob humanity. Instead he wanted to be the (anti?)hero.

Not sure about the undead laying siege. I reckon they were running at that castle whether the people are inside or outside it.
The pointy spear dudes can line the rampart and not let all the zombies just walk over the walls and into the castle.
I dunno what melee warriors generally do in castle defense, I missed that part of ancient warfare class. But I assume they managed to be useful for something.

If they wanted to take the fight to them, I would have liked to see them come up with something better than "lets all stand outside in formation, then run at them 1/4 at a time and see how the first guys go". I want to feel like their battle plans had more forethought than just making sure they remembered to take their weapons with them.

plague
22-05-2019, 12:56 PM
If they wanted to take the fight to them, I would have liked to see them come up with something better than "lets all stand outside in formation, then run at them 1/4 at a time and see how the first guys go".

yeah as someone said earlier those Horsey riding blokes didnt look like the smartest of chaps. and from memory they seemed to make out like just riding up and slashing dudes has served them well in the past.

Also, only Emo boy and a couple other weirdos had really seen the undead in action. He probably tried to tell them how savage they were but lets face it every time Emo boy starts up on one of his rants i fall asleep (dear God that bloke is so miserable). the Horsey guys were all like "nah we good, we'll just do our chargey slashy approach like always".

plague
23-05-2019, 11:50 AM
GOT will struggle to get fans to commit to another GOT series. Hopefully Lotr is good

i dont think this is without merit.
Breaking Bad launched into Better Call Saul, which is a fantastic show. But it got nowhere near the hype of ratings.
Id say Breaking Bad (in its day) was similar 'must see TV' (yes, not quite the same ratings but it was the 'thing' at the time).
I never watched Friends but didnt they try and spin that off too and failed.
Top Gear is another one.

It will be the same for Marvel Movies. These last 20 odd were a trip. The new Spiderman will do well, as it has established characters. After that, I'd be shocked if any 'new' Marvel movies begin to go close to what the original lot did.

Heck, the biggest and best franchise there ever was*, Star Wars, even deliberately scaled back from releasing a movie every year due to the response of the Solo movie. Things can change real quick, and even though you might get a massive amount of viewers, if its some sort of significant % lower than previous, people are gonna look on it as a failure.
thats just human nature.

*according to Star Wars nerdy nerdz.

baldrick
25-05-2019, 06:08 PM
If you’re not watching Chernobyl, you’re missing out. It’s outstanding.

Damo Lovelock
25-05-2019, 11:28 PM
Second the recommendation for Chernobyl.

Very good show.

pv4
26-05-2019, 08:23 AM
i dont think this is without merit.
Breaking Bad launched into Better Call Saul, which is a fantastic show. But it got nowhere near the hype of ratings.
Id say Breaking Bad (in its day) was similar 'must see TV' (yes, not quite the same ratings but it was the 'thing' at the time).
I never watched Friends but didnt they try and spin that off too and failed.
Top Gear is another one.

It will be the same for Marvel Movies. These last 20 odd were a trip. The new Spiderman will do well, as it has established characters. After that, I'd be shocked if any 'new' Marvel movies begin to go close to what the original lot did.

Heck, the biggest and best franchise there ever was*, Star Wars, even deliberately scaled back from releasing a movie every year due to the response of the Solo movie. Things can change real quick, and even though you might get a massive amount of viewers, if its some sort of significant % lower than previous, people are gonna look on it as a failure.
thats just human nature.

*according to Star Wars nerdy nerdz.

If it is great, people will follow. Like The Dark Knight trilogy.

The Dunster
27-05-2019, 03:26 PM
Frasier is probably the most sucessful TV spin off I can think of.

Most of them fail and the ones that don't rarely better the show they spawned from.

Plague mentioned Friends earlier which was absolute trash. The spinoff Joey took trash to another level.

plague
27-05-2019, 03:31 PM
If it is great, people will follow. Like The Dark Knight trilogy.

Yeah but this example is closer to people blindly following from Nolans trilogy to the Zac Snyder movies.
You can't say they were met with the same enthusiasm can you?

Of course 'If' its good then people will watch. But thats a pretty big IF right now.

Jetmaster
27-05-2019, 03:33 PM
Plague mentioned Friends earlier which was absolute trash. The spinoff Joey took trash to another level.

Did you ever see the pre-Friends Matt Le Blanc in the Married With Children Spinoff "Top of the Heap"? For some reason they piloted the spinoff as a MWC episode - apart from when they dropped into Al's shoe store, it was Matt Le Blanc and his dad by themselves - and it was mega trash.

plague
29-05-2019, 10:13 PM
Barry is the best show on TV at the moment.

I wont have anyone telling me other than good things about this show.

it gets dark, real dark, but always finds the space for a subtle gag. its an amazingly well made show.
Bill Hader and Sarah Goldberg are ****ing amazing.
As for the Fonz, oh geez, utterly brilliant.

If you havent watched it, sort yourself out. quickly.

pv4
10-06-2019, 10:18 PM

I just watched this and implore everyone to smash thru it. It is truly amazing.

Grimario
11-06-2019, 02:33 AM
Season 2 of Happy! is fantastically ****ed up.

pv4
11-06-2019, 07:43 AM

Another show plaguesey would love, but will ignore us when recommending to watch.

Grimario
11-06-2019, 11:04 PM
Another show plaguesey would love, but will ignore us when recommending to watch.

The opening scene of first season should be enough for anyone to get an idea of how ****ed up it might be.

goaliepersempre
13-06-2019, 05:39 PM

look forward to it.

plague
24-06-2019, 03:55 PM

dude i started watching this and my head just simply cant process the fact that all of the Russians have accents like cockney shoe shines from the 1920's.

didnt even last an episode. what the **** was going on there?
they didnt even try.

Narcos was one long spanish subtitle and i loved every minute of it. why couldnt Chernobyl do the same? because stupid Americans and Brits cant read and concentrate at the same time?

it might be a good show but its clearly lazy and made to tailor to idiots.

and yes, of course ill eventually watch it, but legit, thats a problem.

plague
24-06-2019, 03:57 PM

why do you people think i enjoy cartoons so much?

no im not watching this.
or Archer.

i may be 12 but im not a child*.

*and yes Into the Spiderverse is the best movie ive seen this year but stop profiling me you assholes.

Bon
24-06-2019, 03:59 PM
dude i started watching this and my head just simply cant process the fact that all of the Russians have accents like cockney shoe shines from the 1920's.

didnt even last an episode. what the **** was going on there?
they didnt even try.

Narcos was one long spanish subtitle and i loved every minute of it. why couldnt Chernobyl do the same? because stupid Americans and Brits cant read and concentrate at the same time?

and yes, of course ill eventually watch it, but legit, thats a problem.

I haven't started it yet, but I'm glad you have warned me about such issues..

On a different note, the third season of Stranger Things is released on July 4.. Pretty keen..
I saw someone posting on their latest trailer clip that in Season 1 they battled the Demogorgon, Season 2 was the Mind Flayer and now for Season 3 it is puberty.. :rof:

The Dunster
24-06-2019, 04:13 PM
F is for Family. Bill Burr at his best. Very funny show.

pv4
24-06-2019, 04:40 PM

Alternatively, I have been told by people living or have lived in the area that no Western or even Russian production has ever come close to representing Soviet Life in terms of production design, including even down to the light switches and schoolbags. This show is not lazy in any way, it is just a phenomenal Western production. I actually think the fact that they didn't even try with the accents is what is great about it, they were just very upfront about it and powered on (...yep).

Re: Happy! and Archer etc, it's not our fault that you have too many hangups that lead you to avoid enjoying something that we are all very confident you would love. For what it's worth, Happy! has one (or one set of) character that is a cartoon, the rest is real people.

plague
24-06-2019, 05:00 PM
I actually think the fact that they didn't even try with the accents is what is great about it

this sentence can only have been uttered by a Jets fan so i commend you for staying on brand.

plague
24-06-2019, 05:03 PM
Re: Happy! and Archer etc, it's not our fault that you have too many hangups that lead you to avoid enjoying something that we are all very confident you would love.

well yes this is a fair and just criticism but you know I long for the slow and total destruction of the world and society as we know it because generally everyone in it is horrible and deserves it.

except prob jeterpool, he seems like a nice bloke.

seeing myself happy would create just a silly amount of contradictions and repercussions that im not ready to endure but thanks for thinking of me.

furns
30-06-2019, 08:52 PM
Been binge watching The Expanse the last week or so, really enjoying it. Great sci fi story-wise and production values are fantastic.
Just started season 3.

Grimario
30-06-2019, 09:17 PM
Been binge watching The Expanse the last week or so, really enjoying it. Great sci fi story-wise and production values are fantastic.
Just started season 3.

It's really fantastic, isn't it? It's almost believable not too distant future sci fi, not far fetched Star Trek shenanigans.

baldrick
06-07-2019, 09:18 PM
I’d hate to live in Hawkins, Indiana.

plague
08-07-2019, 02:09 PM
anyone peeped 'Money Heist' on Netflix yet?
Spanish show.

About half way through S.1.
I have some thoughts.

The Dunster
08-07-2019, 03:30 PM
anyone peeped 'Money Heist' on Netflix yet?
Spanish show.

About half way through S.1.
I have some thoughts.

Is it dubbed ?

Edit: No worries just worked out I can watch it in Spanish if I change from the default language settings.

plague
08-07-2019, 05:10 PM
Is it dubbed ?

Edit: No worries just worked out I can watch it in Spanish if I change from the default language settings.

yeah dont watch the dubbed version.

went through about 10mins of it and thought it was awful.

changed it back to spanish and put the subtitles on and it was a 1000% better show.

hence why i ditched Chernobyl.

pv4
09-07-2019, 10:12 AM
After several years since seeing it, I am now rewatching Community. I really love that show.

Signed up to a month free trial for Stan, might keep it for another month at this rate.

Macca
09-07-2019, 10:31 AM
After several years since seeing it, I am now rewatching Community. I really love that show.

Signed up to a month free trial for Stan, might keep it for another month at this rate.

I've been slowly rewatching it too, and also had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. I think the first few seasons in particular are excellent. I feel like I wasn't enjoying it AS much (on the first time through) towards the end.

Some of Pierce's lines are just too good.

The Dunster
09-07-2019, 12:22 PM
I just finished Season 4 of Arrested Development and will be into Season 5 tonight.
I still crack up laughing everytime Buster is involved or even mentioned.

https://media.giphy.com/media/B8ozpOCSLbAcM/giphy.gif

pv4
09-07-2019, 01:14 PM
I just finished Season 4 of Arrested Development and will be into Season 5 tonight.
I still crack up laughing everytime Buster is involved or even mentioned.

https://media.giphy.com/media/B8ozpOCSLbAcM/giphy.gif

Chickens don't clap!

Frodo
09-07-2019, 02:20 PM
I've been slowly rewatching it too, and also had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. I think the first few seasons in particular are excellent. I feel like I wasn't enjoying it AS much (on the first time through) towards the end.

Some of Pierce's lines are just too good.

Haha, I'm doing the exact same thing. Up to season 4 right now. Still very funny.

Buddha
09-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Highly suggest keeping it because they have every episode of The Office as well. And plenty of Louis theroux

pv4
10-07-2019, 07:17 AM
I feel like I wasn't enjoying it AS much (on the first time through) towards the end..

Obviously you have to ignore the gas leak year.

Bremsstrahlung
10-07-2019, 08:27 AM
Can never really get into shows like The office and parks and rec with that interview style comedy.
Small doses. Enjoy the odd episode. But can’t binge watch.

furns
13-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Highly suggest keeping it because they have every episode of The Office as well. And plenty of Louis theroux
More keen on finally watching Better Call Saul and Billions tbh

Jeterpool
22-07-2019, 09:11 AM
I'm a bit behind the ball but I just finished Sunderland 'til I Die. What a great documentary - no Championship Chronicles, but very good nonetheless.

Thoughts on Chris Coleman? Did anyone else immediately think "He sounds just like Scott Miller" like me?

Bon
22-07-2019, 09:19 AM
I'm a bit behind the ball but I just finished Sunderland 'til I Die. What a great documentary - no Championship Chronicles, but very good nonetheless.

Thoughts on Chris Coleman? Did anyone else immediately think "He sounds just like Scott Miller" like me?

HAHA Absolutely!!
The worrying bit, was that that didn't even bother me compared to the CEO Martin Bain who was a bit of a crazysnake..

Jeterpool
22-07-2019, 09:27 AM
The worrying bit, was that that didn't even bother me compared to the CEO Martin Bain who was a bit of a crazysnake..

His involvement dropped the further and further they got into trouble, didn't it.

skippy
22-07-2019, 09:03 PM
Anyone watching lamb of god on fox?

goaliepersempre
30-07-2019, 10:31 PM
The Boys - Amazon Prime... easy to watch.

furns
02-08-2019, 01:14 AM
The Boys - Amazon Prime... easy to watch.
Been watching this - absolute quality. Keen to kick on with prime and get through American gods, The Tick and Good Omens as well when I can find the time to binge.
In other fantastic news The Expanse season 4 due out December 14 and they've also renewed for season 5 as well.

Still need to finish watching Chernobyl, Deadwood the movie and last two seasons of Wentworth.

plague
29-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Soooooooooo Dave Chappelle is now not funny?

when was this decided?

oh, i see it now.

The Dunster
29-08-2019, 01:00 PM
Soooooooooo Dave Chappelle is now not funny?

when was this decided?

oh, i see it now.

You didn't like the latest Netflix special ?

I think the only real issue is that he's putting out a lot of material in a short space of time and the quality is perhaps not up there with his best work.

But I still got a good laugh from the latest special and would still rate him as one of the better comedians - but ultimately still someone in the shadows of a comedic genius like Pryor.

plague
29-08-2019, 01:04 PM
You didn't like the latest Netflix special ?

i thought it was really funny.
as always though, im just trying to find the point in time where 'people' decided he wasnt funny anymore.
because hes been messing with everyone of all colours and all persuasions for 20 years and all of a sudden now its not funny.
same thing happened with Kanye.

the 2 of them were asked to tow the line and they said no.

The Dunster
29-08-2019, 01:36 PM
i thought it was really funny.
as always though, im just trying to find the point in time where 'people' decided he wasnt funny anymore.
because hes been messing with everyone of all colours and all persuasions for 20 years and all of a sudden now its not funny.
same thing happened with Kanye.

the 2 of them were asked to tow the line and they said no.

Whitney Cummings is pretty funny and does her own thing as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2CAOkPF2Dc

plague
17-10-2019, 10:04 AM
anyone else watched The Righteous Gemstones?

tbh went into it thinking it was going to be Kenny Powers 2.0 but couldnt have been more wrong.
Its really well written and the characters are great. Its kind of dark too which i wasnt expecting.

Its 9 episodes and they absolutely nail the landing. you kind of dont want it to go to a 2nd season but i think its been a ratings winner so it will prob end up happening.

also expected Danny McBride to be 90% of the show but Walter Goggins steals the whole damn thing. Hes absolutely brilliant.

Aegon
17-10-2019, 12:43 PM
Just finished 2 seasons of Mindhunter on netflix.

Excellent period show that delves into the formation of the FBI criminal behaviour unit and the use of psychology to help catch serial killers.

plague
21-10-2019, 04:54 PM
anyone see ep.1 of The Watchmen yet?
i liked it.

Aegon
22-10-2019, 11:14 AM
anyone see ep.1 of The Watchmen yet?
i liked it.

Not yet. I'll be keen to see it though.

plague
22-10-2019, 02:29 PM
Not yet. I'll be keen to see it though.

yeah def watch it. watched it again last night, theres a lot to take in.

Imyourhero
22-10-2019, 07:20 PM
Stan or netflix?

plague
22-10-2019, 08:59 PM
Stan or netflix?

HBO so it's on Foxtel.

Retro Jet
14-11-2019, 11:25 AM
Has anyone managed in any way, shape or form (uTorrent ftw!) of seeing The Mandalorian since release in the US?
Without giving any plot lines or spoilers, I was mostly disappointed with the length of it. (39min)
I would have thought for a pilot that they'd do something longer or almost movie length.

StannyCFCJET
14-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Has anyone managed in any way, shape or form (uTorrent ftw!) of seeing The Mandalorian since release in the US?
Without giving any plot lines or spoilers, I was mostly disappointed with the length of it. (39min)
I would have thought for a pilot that they'd do something longer or almost movie length.

Was it good though??

Retro Jet
15-11-2019, 12:39 AM
I wouldn't rave about it.
Prepared to give it a few episodes to see if it goes somewhere.
Ending leaves you scratching your head.
There's been a lot of anticipation about this but as I said, 34 minutes is too stingy.

Retro Jet
19-11-2019, 01:54 AM
Was it good though??

Just watched Ep2.
I'm hooked!
Music is good listening thru headphones.
It has a steady pace about it that's not like anything from the SW universe we've seen before.
Some familiar creatures in Ep2 that shows them in a different light. There's a scene with them that will remind teenagers of the 80s who played 'Crazy climber'.

plague
26-11-2019, 11:03 AM
just came back here to encourage anyone to get into The Watchmen again.
last night was probably the most amazingly original hour of television ive seen in ages.
simply amazing. you gotta start at ep.1 and its weird. real weird. but wow, its something special.

plague
10-12-2019, 02:32 PM
add Silicon Valley to the list of shows that def stuck the landing.
finale last night. admittedly the last 2 seasons got very 'entouragee' and not in a good way.
but the dismount was really clever and tied it back to the joke they were pushing in season 1.
it was very well done.

with this done and watchmen ending next week i need something new.

furns
10-12-2019, 11:09 PM
last night was probably the most amazingly original hour of television ive seen in ages.
simply amazing. you gotta start at ep.1 and its weird. real weird. but wow, its something special.yeah am hearing fantastic reviews of ep6, definitely on my "to watch" list

Frodo
14-12-2019, 11:26 PM
Just watched "6 underground" on Netflix. Ryan Reynolds with an A Team style reboot with a whole lot of gore and death. It gives you a proper hate boner with a very not subtle metaphor for a current international crisis and even delivers a lovely happy ending to finish it off with. No blue balls.

Directed by Michael Bay, so plenty of explosions but very little actual nudity and stuff.

furns
16-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Just watched "6 underground" on Netflix. Ryan Reynolds with an A Team style reboot with a whole lot of gore and death. It gives you a proper hate boner with a very not subtle metaphor for a current international crisis and even delivers a lovely happy ending to finish it off with. No blue balls.

Directed by Michael Bay, so plenty of explosions but very little actual nudity and stuff.I think having Ryan Reynolds in it saved it tbh
It was the most Michael Bay thing ive ever watched. So much slo-mo.......

goaliepersempre
19-12-2019, 08:52 PM
^^^^^^
Movie Thread

Starting watching The Man in the High Castle... not sure yet, although does have 4 seasons...

The Grand Tour - Seamen wasnt to bad...

Jack Ryan Season 2 - in some ways better then season 1, but a little bit predictable. Hope for something new here for Season 3

Aegon
20-12-2019, 09:46 AM
simply amazing. you gotta start at ep.1 and its weird. real weird. but wow, its something special.

Have you had a go at watching "The Boys". Probably the most messed up, yet riveting show I have ever watched. A massively different take on the super hero genre.

Aegon
20-12-2019, 09:52 AM
Anyone else watching Mandalorian?

I'm a star wars fan but one who doesn't like the new movies (strangely I liked the prequels) so I went in to it just hoping Disney hadn't F#@!ed it up again.

Really enjoying it so far, visually A+ and the storylines for each episode have been very well done. Initially I thought it was going to be hard to develop a character who's face you can never see but they are doing it well through his actions rather than demeanor.
Some of the supporting actors are actually stealing the show in their episodes which makes it quite quirky too.

The Dunster
20-12-2019, 10:01 AM
I'm watching 21 Jump Street on Popcornflix. About 4 shows into series 1.
I loved the show first time around and still like it - but damn the music and the clothing is way worse than I remember.
Nobody dressed that way in the 80's everyday and the music / fx are about as divorced from the action / storylines as one could ever imagine.
Acting wise Frederick Forest and Johnny Depp made this show both being genuine stars with bags of talent. Without those two to get it rolling I doubt it would have made it to a 2nd series.

pv4
20-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Anyone else watching Mandalorian?

I'm a star wars fan but one who doesn't like the new movies (strangely I liked the prequels) so I went in to it just hoping Disney hadn't F#@!ed it up again.

Really enjoying it so far, visually A+ and the storylines for each episode have been very well done. Initially I thought it was going to be hard to develop a character who's face you can never see but they are doing it well through his actions rather than demeanor.
Some of the supporting actors are actually stealing the show in their episodes which makes it quite quirky too.

I am watching it too.

Worth noting I adore Rogue One and liked the other Disney movies so far on a varying scale.

I loved those first couple of episodes of Mandalorian a lot, but then it had two evidently filler episodes in a row, the second of which I honestly struggled thru and still don't appreciate it (the bounty hunt in the desert one). The recent ep though, as much as it was filler and character intro/development, I liked again.

Am really looking forward to how they wrap all this up, but can't help but fear it's going to be like GoT where they spend too much time filling and not enough time executing.

plague
23-12-2019, 11:56 AM
does The Mandalorian get any better?

i fell asleep during Ep.1 i was bored shitless.

pv4
23-12-2019, 07:19 PM
does The Mandalorian get any better?

i fell asleep during Ep.1 i was bored shitless.

It is Star Wars. It is a modern space take on a Western. Take it or leave it.

No one is forcing you to like TV shows most people like, outside of the strict list of requirements you seem to demand in one.

Your vibe in this particular thread is not edgy anymore, it's just repetitive and feels hollow now. Stick to movies, baiting the membah and circlejerking with porksey.

Unsubscribe.

plague
23-12-2019, 08:46 PM
It is Star Wars. It is a modern space take on a Western. Take it or leave it.

No one is forcing you to like TV shows most people like, outside of the strict list of requirements you seem to demand in one.

Your vibe in this particular thread is not edgy anymore, it's just repetitive and feels hollow now. Stick to movies, baiting the membah and circlejerking with porksey.

Unsubscribe.

jesus, this took a dark turn.

Aegon
23-12-2019, 09:31 PM
jesus, this took a dark turn.

As you blatantly ignored the previous posts, I think your post got the reaction it deserved.

Aegon
24-12-2019, 09:12 AM
ok, after going back and reading the thread i stand by the shows i liked and watched this year:

Silicon Valley.
The Watchmen.
Righteous Gemstones.
Dave Chappelle special.
Money Heist.
(for some reason) re-binged Entourage.

i also stand by the shows i didnt like:
Game of Thrones (aint exactly on an island there am i).
Chernobyl (accents killed me, valid point).

Shows im interested in but havent got around to:
The Boys (i dont have Amazon my god there are so many apps, too many apps).
New Better Call Saul (its on Stan isnt it? again, too many apps, we need less apps).

ok ive got it, the NF.net TV podcast starring Plague and pv4. better than talking about the stinking Jets.
Jeterpool, have your people call my people.

I signed up for the weekly trial of Amazon and found some great shows on there to watch.

At $59 a year it’s probably the cheapest of all the platforms too.

goaliepersempre
24-12-2019, 07:57 PM
I signed up for the weekly trial of Amazon and found some great shows on there to watch.

At $59 a year it’s probably the cheapest of all the platforms too.

Have it on my phone, find the app clunkier then say netflix - especially no continue watching.

Watching Community and at the moment I always have to swipe through a few shows to start watching again.

Aegon
24-12-2019, 09:39 PM
Have it on my phone, find the app clunkier then say netflix - especially no continue watching.

Watching Community and at the moment I always have to swipe through a few shows to start watching again.

Even on Apple TV resuming from where you left off can be tedious. I watched first 2 seasons of the expanse on Netflix and then went straight to season 3 on Amazon. It keeps trying to send me back to the latest season rather than continuing where I left off.

StannyCFCJET
02-04-2020, 05:01 PM
Sunderland till I die season 2 is out, Pretty good so far, Wish more clubs did stuff like this but understand why they dont

Frodo
02-04-2020, 05:10 PM
Sunderland till I die season 2 is out, Pretty good so far, Wish more clubs did stuff like this but understand why they dont

Man City and Tottenham have done it. Spuds one is for this season, so they get the Covid stuff in theirs. Which is more interesting than any of their games at least.

pv4
02-04-2020, 05:29 PM
Wait people are watching literally anything other than Tiger King currently?

StannyCFCJET
02-04-2020, 05:40 PM

What is Tiger King?

pv4
02-04-2020, 05:58 PM
What is Tiger King?

https://i.imgur.com/muwgy6H.jpg

Just watch it pal, it is on Netflix. No words can do it justice.

Frodo
09-04-2020, 04:07 PM
I'll move this here Stanny.

Firstly, I got the years wrong. The writers strike was through season 7, and that was the one that was great until about episode 11, after that the show finished off poorly as they had none of their regular writers.

Season 8 was only done to give a proper send off for characters leaving the show, Zach Braff was one of a couple that had other projects in the works. Season 8 was the end of Scrubs and most sitcoms have terrible final seasons.

ABC wanted to reinvent the show as something new which is why they tried Season 9 and turned it into a teaching hospital. They should have changed the name and made it clear that it was a spin off. They could have gotten an extra season or two out of it.

StannyCFCJET
09-04-2020, 06:47 PM
I'll move this here Stanny.

Firstly, I got the years wrong. The writers strike was through season 7, and that was the one that was great until about episode 11, after that the show finished off poorly as they had none of their regular writers.

Season 8 was only done to give a proper send off for characters leaving the show, Zach Braff was one of a couple that had other projects in the works. Season 8 was the end of Scrubs and most sitcoms have terrible final seasons.

ABC wanted to reinvent the show as something new which is why they tried Season 9 and turned it into a teaching hospital. They should have changed the name and made it clear that it was a spin off. They could have gotten an extra season or two out of it.

They tried to change the name for season 9 wernt allowed I heard. I also felt that JD and Elliot had been done to death and didn't work then bam it worked

StannyCFCJET
09-04-2020, 06:48 PM
Season 1 to 5 though 10/10

Grimario
09-04-2020, 07:59 PM
The finest TV show of all time is currently FREE to stream if you chuck on a VPN and head to HBO.

**** I love The Wire.

Imyourhero
09-04-2020, 08:17 PM
I got stuck on Season 1 of The Wire.

Grimario
09-04-2020, 08:43 PM
The first 3 or 4 episodes are slow as ****. I almost bailed... but then it's pure gold.

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2020, 02:03 PM
Speaking of Scrubs. The actors of JD and Turk have a new podcast where they talk about a episode of Scrubs each week

Frodo
11-04-2020, 02:07 PM
Speaking of Scrubs. The actors of JD and Turk have a new podcast where they talk about a episode of Scrubs each week

Twice a week now, it's very popular.

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2020, 02:23 PM
Twice a week now, it's very popular.

Oh twice a week hell yeah

furns
12-04-2020, 07:47 PM
Am currently catching up on all the DC Arrowverse shows Im several seasons behind in. Have caught up with Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl up to Elseworlds crossover, just need to knock over Legends so I can watch Elseworlds then go again to catch up to Infinite Earths crossover.
Also went back and watched Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Still love them.

StannyCFCJET
12-04-2020, 09:16 PM
Am currently catching up on all the DC Arrowverse shows Im several seasons behind in. Have caught up with Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl up to Elseworlds crossover, just need to knock over Legends so I can watch Elseworlds then go again to catch up to Infinite Earths crossover.
Also went back and watched Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Still love them.

Loved Arrow and Flash but couldnt get into the other ones which made it hard when they kept crossing over.

Also they are making a third Band of Brothers style show about the British Air force which Im super excited for. Try and watch Band of Brothers and the Pacific once a year

furns
12-04-2020, 09:32 PM
Loved Arrow and Flash but couldnt get into the other ones which made it hard when they kept crossing over.

Also they are making a third Band of Brothers style show about the British Air force which Im super excited for. Try and watch Band of Brothers and the Pacific once a yearYep - Masters of the Air. They were in pre-production but Id say thats ground to a halt like everything else. Going to be an Apple+ exclusive title as well which means Ill have to subscribe to another bloody streaming service.