PDA

View Full Version : The TV Shows Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Bon
12-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Noticed this one was missing since the foz overhaul..

I've been "acquiring" a heap of late 90's/early noughties British comedies of late..
The League Of Gentlemen, Brasseye, Big Train, The Green Wing, Psychoville..

I've only really had the time to get stuck in to Big Train and The League of Gentlemen so far, both are absolutely brilliant.. hahaha.. Soooo funny..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKH9ECC_Qa4

goaliepersempre
12-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Outnumbered :)

GazFish35
12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Outnumbered :)

Agreed.

Episodes seems okay too so far

Bon
12-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I've never seen Outnumbered.. Might have to check it out too..

I've also been cranking the new-ish Doctor Who series.. Is it just me, or is Billie Piper a bit of alright for a curvy chav?

Grimario
12-07-2012, 11:41 AM
I haven't watched much on TV in a long, long time... pretty much the stuff I do watch regularly is by Denton or Micallef.

Should I watch Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad?

Bon
12-07-2012, 11:46 AM
I haven't watched much on TV in a long, long time... pretty much the stuff I do watch regularly is by Denton or Micallef.

Should I watch Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad?

Thats ALL that my roommate watches.. I haven't seen either of them before though.. The amount that they are hyped up combined with the insane amount that he watches (and hides from the world) is enough to keep me away from it for now..

parksey
12-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Games of Thrones is just amazing.

WolfMan
12-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I watch both, but prefer Breaking Bad. Storylines are much more intriguing to me, but that's just a personal opinion. Both quality shows.

Anyway...Green Wing = masterful. Perfect example of a show choosing to go out at the height of its popularity rather than die a slow death.

http://youtu.be/zQk9excAowY

Rocknerd
12-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Breaking bad is awesome and I've only heard good things about thrones and broadwalk empires.

I'm still digging the Walkig Dead, Community (even though Sony are going to destroy it next season) 30 Rock, Episodes, American Horror Story and I still dabble in Falling Sky's (i've not seen any of season 2 yet) and Fringe.

i'm also getting into Once upon a time and still digging Suppernatural even though they've got stuck on the whole Christianity thing.

pv4
12-07-2012, 02:51 PM
community is awesome, why/how are they going to destroy it?

i've only watched the first two-three eps of walking dead but absolutely love it.

Rocknerd
12-07-2012, 03:06 PM
community is awesome, why/how are they going to destroy it?

i've only watched the first two-three eps of walking dead but absolutely love it.

Sony have removed Dan Hammond as show runner and almost all of the writters have left prior to or since been removed by Sony and the people who created and write Happy endings are taking over the show.
Also all contracts are up at the end of the shortened 4th season (14 eps only) and will no doubt be cancelled from then..

pv4
12-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Sony have removed Dan Hammond as show runner and almost all of the writters have left prior to or since been removed by Sony and the people who created and write Happy endings are taking over the show.
Also all contracts are up at the end of the shortened 4th season (14 eps only) and will no doubt be cancelled from then..

no 6 seasons and a movie?

Rocknerd
12-07-2012, 03:19 PM
the running joke now is 3 seasons and a boycott.

plague
12-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Cannot recommend Breaking Bad enough. You HAVE to watch it from the start and not get frustrated if the pace slows down every now and then. It all ties in so well and the way you change opinions on the characters is really cool.
Season 5 (final season) starts in the U.S. this week (Showcase here at the end of the month) but it's supposed to be dragged out across about 14 months for about 18 episodes. Just hope it doesn't ruin it.
Anyway that's the only non sport TV I'm watching at the moment.

The next one that's been recommended to me has been The Wire. Anyone got an opinion on it?

GazFish35
12-07-2012, 04:41 PM
I've never seen Outnumbered.. Might have to check it out too..

If you have kids, you'll either cry laughing, or just curl up in a ball and cry.

Disinterested Bystander
12-07-2012, 05:00 PM
If you have kids, you'll either cry laughing, or just curl up in a ball and cry.
+1

For a 'day in the life of an average family' show, which is what it basically is, it's piss funny. And a lot scary!

Cannot recommend Breaking Bad enough. You HAVE to watch it from the start and not get frustrated if the pace slows down every now and then. It all ties in so well and the way you change opinions on the characters is really cool.
Season 5 (final season) starts in the U.S. this week (Showcase here at the end of the month) but it's supposed to be dragged out across about 14 months for about 18 episodes. Just hope it doesn't ruin it.
Anyway that's the only non sport TV I'm watching at the moment.

The next one that's been recommended to me has been The Wire. Anyone got an opinion on it?

Get into it, it's fantastic. Similar to BB in that it's a bit slow to start but once you're into it it'll keep you going back for more (I 'acquired' the first couple of eps and didn't watch them for a while, but once I did I went on a 'The Wire' watching spree, knocking over 3 or 4 eps a night till I'd finished it). Gritty police drama, corruption, poverty, drugs, politics and some quality twists and turns.

furns
12-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Episodes, Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, Franklin & Bash, Tosh.0 and Lost Girl are all series linked on my iq.
Reality/doco wise also keen on Full Throttle Saloon, Gold Rush, Flying Wild Alaska
I have Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones by "other means"
Trying to get into XIII, Life's too short and Caprica but they aren't gripping me.

the blue manc
12-07-2012, 07:22 PM
ive been watching a show on ABC 3 called horrible history with my 7 y.o daughter its a riot especially the segment called stupid deaths.http://youtu.be/3BKxZRFVg8s

plague
12-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Episodes, Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, Franklin & Bash, Tosh.0 and Lost Girl are all series linked on my iq.
Reality/doco wise also keen on Full Throttle Saloon, Gold Rush, Flying Wild Alaska
I have Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones by "other means"
Trying to get into XIII, Life's too short and Caprica but they aren't gripping me.

Do you have a TV in your shitter or something?
Where do you find the time?

bjquick
12-07-2012, 07:27 PM

The Wire is a great show. Fully deserves the 9.5 rating on imdb.

I've watched all of community and rate it highly shame about the change of writers and ect as mentioned above. Seen all of breaking bad as well which can be frustrating at times due to the slow pace but well worth sticking out. Currently onto the last season of mad men and its good, has certain episodes based on america's famous historical events from the 1960's which are pretty well done. There was even a mention of england winning the world cup in 1966.

I'll probably watch game of thrones next or sopranos.

parksey
12-07-2012, 07:31 PM
ive been watching a show on ABC 3 called horrible history with my 7 y.o daughter its a riot especially the segment called stupid deaths.http://youtu.be/3BKxZRFVg8s

I used to watch the cartoon series every week back in the day.

Hamma12
12-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Hamish & Andy's Euro gap year.......Im not the only one on here who watches it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xfBIshtQQo

pistolpete
12-07-2012, 07:41 PM
I didn't like Episodes at first but stuck with it and started to enjoy it towards the end of Season 1. Season 2 has lost me though and I don't watch it anymore. I've had The Wire sitting there for a while but haven't had the time to watch it. Looking forward to the return of Breaking Bad to see what storyline they come up with after last seasons finale. I am also looking forward to Dexter as it should change now he has been discovered

pistolpete
12-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Hamish & Andy's Euro gap year.......Im not the only one on here who watches it

Think you are mate

parksey
12-07-2012, 09:19 PM
I watch it.

la bazzle
12-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Not happy at the mo none of my series are on for ages (Cept breaking bad yeahhhh boiiii). Way too long between series. Can't really find a new/old to get into either.

Also whoever said tosh.0, nice, love the bloke. His stand up is just as hilarious

pistolpete
12-07-2012, 10:07 PM
I watch it.

**** off anticoasties

furns
12-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Allow me to add Full Metal Jousting to my list. insane show.

parksey
12-07-2012, 11:41 PM
The two shows I've been watching the most lately are It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Parks and Recreation. Two good comedies that always get a laugh out of me.

Also I caught Life's Too Short, Gervais' and Merchent's latest effort, on ABC last night which was actually pretty decent as well.

Mitchy
12-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Modern Family, have been watching it non stop latley

pistolpete
12-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Parks and Recreation

Well written show. Every character in it is really funny

Also I caught Life's Too Short, Gervais' and Merchent's latest effort, on ABC last night which was actually pretty decent as well.

Will check that one out for sure

Bon
13-07-2012, 08:58 AM

Dude.. I LOVE Gold Rush Alaska.. hahaha.. The two seasons that are out are so damn addictive. Not to mention old Jack Hoffman looking like "old mate" from the Where's The Gold pokie machine..
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeha!!!
If you like that, check out Bering Sea Gold.. Same sort of thing, gold mining in Alaska, except its using home-made barges to dredge and dive underwater.. (Bit more drama too, idiotic people in it, attempted love story, stabbed in bar fight, crankiest ship captain ever.. Great viewing.. haha)

Allow me to add Full Metal Jousting to my list. insane show.

I've never watched it, but have had all intentions to download it. Looked pretty damn brilliant from the ads for it.

Life's Too Short is unreal. Warwick Davis is basically another "David Brent" character though. Love the big name cameos, especially Liam Neeson playing himself and talking about wanting to do standup and talking about having AIDS.. The bloopers in this clip are tops too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lldrizLu_d8

the blue manc
15-07-2012, 07:30 PM
ive been watching hell on wheels on the FX channel.lucky i have IQ because on at 3.30 in the morning also watching californication season 3

plague
15-07-2012, 09:44 PM
For Breaking Bad fans.
Article to get you in the mood for new season.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8159727/breaking-bad-amc-walter-white-best-show-summer

also

A article that gives hypothetical odds on this seasons events.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/53038/your-breaking-bad-season-5-gambling-prop-guide

tommy_v
15-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Storage Wars, surprisingly addictive.
World War II in Colour on History Channel is great for anyone wanting a well put together, in-depth recount of what happend.
The Colbert Report, funniest show on tele

Bon
16-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Storage Wars, surprisingly addictive.
World War II in Colour on History Channel is great for anyone wanting a well put together, in-depth recount of what happend.
The Colbert Report, funniest show on tele

Hahaha Storage Wars is awesome.. I havent seen any for about a year.. Still the same 4 groups/people going at it??

Steven Colbert is a legend.. Check him out in Strangers With Candy.. Hilarious stuff..

pv4
16-07-2012, 08:19 AM
have just started to get into breaking bad. good shit.

Rocknerd
16-07-2012, 11:40 AM
For the passive necrophiliacs out there

Returning: The Walking Dead
By David Knox on July 16, 2012 / Filed Under Pay TV, Top Stories 3
FX will fast-track Season 3 of The Walking Dead to Australian screens, less than 33 hours after the US.

The third season will consist of 16 episodes with 8 episodes to air from 8:30pm Tuesday October 16th with another 8 to air in February. It debuts in the US on Sunday, October 14th.

The cult zombie series will have an international rollout to 122 countries including UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Baltic, all Latin America, all Middle East, Japan, Singapore, and Sub-Saharan Africa.

“Season two of The Walking Dead marked the best performance for a US cable show in our international markets. It delivered record-breaking ratings in both the US and internationally”, said Sharon Tal Yguado, SVP Scripted Programming at FOX International Channels.

“We are committed to ensuring the best viewing experience for these clearly committed fans. We think the global launch strategy is a key part of this series’ international success, and are excited to be working so closely with our partners at AMC on blowing it out of the park again this year.”

A new trailer has also been released at fxtv.com.au/shows/the-walking-dead/sneak-peek.

furns
16-07-2012, 03:30 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/excellent-s438x438-192948.jpg

pistolpete
16-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Just got home and about to begin the watching of the new episode of Breaking Bad. Can i get a **** yeah

Hamma12
16-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Just got home and about to begin the watching of the new episode of Breaking Bad. Can i get a **** yeah

no you can't sorry mate

Disinterested Bystander
16-07-2012, 04:16 PM

Damn straight. Will be loading up my 'DVD that friends in the US posted me' later tonight

tommy_v
17-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Hahaha Storage Wars is awesome.. I havent seen any for about a year.. Still the same 4 groups/people going at it??

yep still the same 4. season 3 is underway in us and starts here in a month or so

plague
18-07-2012, 11:22 PM
25 things you didnt know about Breaking Bad
http://www.buzzfeed.com/breakingbad/25-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-breaking-61z6

AND

For Seinfeld fans, heres a gallery of every one of Jerry's girlfriends from the entire series.
Pretty funny (and the man had some interesting taste)

http://www.brobible.com/entertainment/slideshow/jerry-seinfeld-girlfriend-pictures-rankings-hot

boz-monaut
20-07-2012, 03:50 PM
jeez they're plugging that Doomsday Preppers show to death on Nat Geo

I watched it and it's not very good

the format, the idiots, the whole premise - it wavers between, scarey (at the people, not their imagined scenarios), boring and just plain sad

WolfMan
20-07-2012, 04:54 PM
^^^
Agree, I thought the idea might have been good, but it is pretty much the same story from each of the "Preppers". Boring

la bazzle
20-07-2012, 07:29 PM
jeez they're plugging that Doomsday Preppers show to death on Nat Geo

I watched it and it's not very good

the format, the idiots, the whole premise - it wavers between, scarey (at the people, not their imagined scenarios), boring and just plain sad

Damn was going to get some ideas before zombies come. I've got it recorded. Watch or delete?

pv4
20-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Damn was going to get some ideas before zombies come. I've got it recorded. Watch or delete?

watch the walking dead

la bazzle
20-07-2012, 08:32 PM
already have......they struggle along. I want to be more secure

boz-monaut
20-07-2012, 09:00 PM
watch to the first ad and make your mind up - the rest will pretty much be exactly the same

also, home drunk after the pub on a Friday night - enjoying the Family Guy Star Wars thing a little too much

pistolpete
21-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Have spent the arvo watching "Life's Too Short". Thanks for the heads up. It is hilarious, especially the Liam Neeson episode.

Jetmaster
21-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Just watched "Man About The House" Series Four. Still wondering why Robin went after Chrissy - geez I'd have boned Jo senseless !

Then again, I'd have boned both of them..........with Mildred watching.....

Woops - just realised it's not 1975 anymore !!!

Red wine - sheesh !

seldom
21-07-2012, 11:27 PM
blokesworld on 7mate...now there's a show

au revoir
12-09-2012, 01:56 PM
finally got around to watching breaking bad last night, watched the first 3 eps. they don't waste any time getting into. am kicking myself that i didn't start watching it earlier.

russjaybee
12-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Twin Peaks.

WolfMan
12-09-2012, 07:35 PM
finally got around to watching breaking bad last night, watched the first 3 eps. they don't waste any time getting into. am kicking myself that i didn't start watching it earlier.

Quality show. You won't be disappointed.

Twin Peaks.

Totally screwed with my head - brilliant

david silva
13-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Game of thrones is actually quality as well

pistolpete
13-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Watched a new show from the UK last night "Bad Education". Had a few chuckles in the first episode. Will give it a go, think it is about 5 episodes in. Apologies if this has already been discussed, couldn't be bothered reading over the thread.

the blue manc
14-09-2012, 07:52 PM
new boardwalk empire and hell on wheels starts next week

pistolpete
16-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Another new UK show Moone Boy looks pretty funny. Stars Chris O'Dowd (IT Crowd) as a young boy's imaginary friend

furns
19-09-2012, 12:47 AM
From a UK website
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/09/rd1.jpg

Looks like this will have to be appropriated through "other means"

GazFish35
19-09-2012, 06:40 AM
Red Dwarf!

I love it!

belchardo
19-09-2012, 07:19 AM
me too. so lets hope they don't destroy it with a terrible "we only came back because we're broke" series.

furns
19-09-2012, 09:07 AM
in other news, who the **** calls a TV channel Dave ffs?

and bel early reviews say that the comedy is getting back to what made it great seasons 1-6, but none of the actors have aged well lol

Rocknerd
19-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Revolution starts this Wednesday! From JJ Abrams about the aftermath of what happens if all the power is turned off. really looking forward to it as early reveiws have said it is awesome.

Plus Fast tracked The Walking Dead Season 2 Fast tracked to FX 33 hours after it airs in the US. October 16 I believe.Tuesdays 8:30

pistolpete
19-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Plus Fast tracked The Walking Dead Season 2 Fast tracked to FX 33 hours after it airs in the US

Could have watched it 30 times by then :P

Grunta
19-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Just finished watching second series of Mrs Browns Boys. Fecken funny stuff ff you get a chance utube some of it. Had to watch a couple of the show twice as laughing so hard missed some of the jokes.

Bon
19-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Just finished watching second series of Mrs Browns Boys. Fecken funny stuff ff you get a chance utube some of it. Had to watch a couple of the show twice as laughing so hard missed some of the jokes.

I just watched the first season of it at the Mrs' place..
It was a crack up.. Took me an episode or two to get used to the format and how it was all put together, but quite clever and well done!

When it comes to blokes dressing up in womens clothing, I still can't go past The League Of Gentleman though.. It is so funny, but there is just something so dark and sinister about the show.. Love it..

Rocknerd
21-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Revolution starts this Wednesday! From JJ Abrams about the aftermath of what happens if all the power is turned off. really looking forward to it as early reveiws have said it is awesome.

Plus Fast tracked The Walking Dead Season 2 Fast tracked to FX 33 hours after it airs in the US. October 16 I believe.Tuesdays 8:30

I've just read a review of Revolution and it says it is one giant plot hole that needs filling in quickly or it will bbecome a farce. i,m very worried about the outcome of this.

furns
21-09-2012, 11:18 AM
sitting on my IQ and havent watched it yet

One show I have gotten into is The Newsroom. Big fan.

WolfMan
21-09-2012, 05:15 PM
One show I have gotten into is The Newsroom. Big fan.

+1. Quality TV. I haven't seen The West Wing, but I feel like I might have to go back and check Sorkin's earlier work out.

Rocknerd
24-09-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm hoping to catch up on Homeland on FX 123 as I missed half of it on TEN so am out of the loop on what happened and it is picking up Emmy's currently with Season 2 kicking off real soon.

I watched revolution, it's kinda okay. i'll need to see where it goes in eps 2-3 before deciding whether it's good ro not. I do question why there is a lack of guns though in a country that prides itself on the rights to bare arms.
Also watched the finale to Falling Skies, it's getting better but it's not quite brilliant TV yet.

skippy
26-09-2012, 09:24 PM
The hamster wheel back on tonight.

hawk
27-09-2012, 07:22 PM
not a fan of Wil A but gruen seems to please my viewing needs atm.

goaliepersempre
28-09-2012, 06:22 AM
newsroom +2 :)

RedMexican
28-09-2012, 06:25 AM
anyone on here seen boardwalk empire ?

moses
28-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Yeah,it's fuc ked

Louie is a good show.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1492966/

au revoir
28-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Yeah,it's fuc ked

really? shit, i was looking forward to it.

RedMexican
28-09-2012, 05:42 PM

as was i, awwww shiiit

pistolpete
28-09-2012, 05:52 PM
That's why there are different shows. Alot of the shows everyone wanks over I don't always like then there are others i love that everyone says are shit. Watch it and make your own opinion.

28-09-2012, 07:00 PM
great show

parksey
28-09-2012, 09:25 PM

take heart in knowing that it's the first time I've ever seen someone bad mouth that show.

plague
28-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Pretty disappointed with the first half of season 5 of Breaking Bad.
First 4 seasons were amazing. Last episode set up the 2nd half though. Hope it picks up.

WolfMan
28-09-2012, 10:17 PM

Can't agree with the negative review. I find Boardwalk Empire fascinating, if not historically accurate. That being said, it could well be spot-on, but either way it is entertaining

WolfMan
28-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Pretty disappointed with the first half of season 5 of Breaking Bad.
First 4 seasons were amazing. Last episode set up the 2nd half though. Hope it picks up.
It does. Clanger of an ending...

A.J.
29-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Louie is a good show.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1492966/

Yeah Louie is just about my favourite show on at the moment, I think the darker episodes lately have been excellent

Bon
02-10-2012, 08:59 AM
I never really got in to Survivor back when it was first raging out, it seems like they have a million seasons out these days with a ridiculous amount of themes..
Anyway, I thought I would give it a go and downloaded a random season (think it is 13, on the Cook Islands) and was extremely surprised to find the "theme" of the season was to start everyone off in four groups segregated by race..
Caucasian, asian, african-american and hispanic.. Under the guise of a "social experiment"..

tommy_v
11-10-2012, 10:49 PM
What do people think of Revolution? im interested to see where they will take it as it seems the main part of the story (finding danny) appears to be happening in the next episode or so?

also The Newsroom is a brilliant show, shame its only 10 episodes

furns
12-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Newsroom is awesome.

Revolution not so much. It hasn't gripped me much at all.

WolfMan
12-10-2012, 05:58 AM
I knew I wouldn't enjoy "Revolution" from the first promo. Just not my scene.

I figured it would rate well though with the general audience, but apparently not. Another of those shows executives pour loads of money into on a whim, only to be canned soon after. I think focus group research is basically useless in this day and age; or at least it is if that's how people are basing decisions on what does and doesn't get produced.

Rocknerd
12-10-2012, 06:50 AM
I was about ready to give up completely on Revolution until the introduction of Mark Peligrino. The scientific inacuracies are driving me batty.

i'm going to give it one last ep before completely bagging it. As for it being canned, it has jusy been confirmed a full run season, so that means you'll see all 22 eps.

Oh and the acting is fairly shite too

la bazzle
12-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Revolution was terrible couldn't even watch the first ep in full.

In better news walking dead is back early next week yeaaaaahhhhhhhh

pistolpete
12-10-2012, 06:14 PM
In better news walking dead is back early next week yeaaaaahhhhhhhh

Can't wait!

Rocknerd
16-10-2012, 12:14 PM
It starts tonight People!!!!!!

unless of course you've already downloaded it and have been watching it on repeat ever since.

Grimario
16-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Never got into it. There are lots of shows that I have never got in to or been a late adopter. Breaking Bad is one of them.

Think of me as a TV noob and recommend me stuff. I already have Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire and The Wire on the list of must watch... anything else from the last 20 years?

pv4
16-10-2012, 12:29 PM
community

Grimario
16-10-2012, 12:48 PM
community

Been there, done that.

goaliepersempre
16-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Rake is coming for a 3rd season :)

Rocknerd
16-10-2012, 01:01 PM
community

Season 4 has been shelved for the forseable future. It was supposed to begin on Friday but NBC have decided to halt it indefinently and it will most likely move to Wednesdays and not air until February.

pv4
16-10-2012, 01:06 PM
why would they do that? to me that speaks that it must be not worth showing.

i hope not, because that show is one of my absolute favourites.

Rocknerd
16-10-2012, 01:11 PM
why would they do that? to me that speaks that it must be not worth showing.

i hope not, because that show is one of my absolute favourites.

With the removal of Dan Hamon as the show runner there is a lot of expectation on the new show runners to live up to the expectation of a limited US audience. It is likely that they've decided to remove it from the kill zone (friday night 8pm) and hold off until a window opens in another timeslot later to give it a better chance at survival.
NBC have spent a lot to try and make it a palitable show and many of their new shows are failing that would've been slated as replacing it but now poor viewing of new shows has given it a second chance maybe.

russjaybee
16-10-2012, 01:27 PM
The Walking Dead to me is one of those horrible hype monsters.
Watched Season 1 which I found average, it was alright, ended terribly.

Watched a bit of S2 but couldn't finish it. Acting seemed horrible, plot was not great, no idea what the fuss was about.

A zombie series COULD be excellent, but The Walking Dead doesn't exactly bleed quality (pun intended).

pv4
16-10-2012, 01:30 PM
i eagerly anticipate rocknerd's rebuttal.

put your seatbelt on rjb, things might get a bit bumpy.

russjaybee
16-10-2012, 01:42 PM
*buckles in and holds on tight* :popcorn:

la bazzle
16-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Walking dead is brilliant. First ep seaso 3 fantastic. Heskeys favorite show too apparently

LINGERA
16-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Dextaaa!

parksey
16-10-2012, 05:56 PM
my foxtel box ruined the walking dead for me by miraculously refusing to record the eps even though i had the show series linked. i did see most of the 1st season but when it stopped recording i kinda gave up on it.

i do have series 3 linked and i look forward to watching it.

WolfMan
16-10-2012, 06:06 PM
It might make little, to no sense after missing Season 2 altogether...
I would suggest checking out Season 2 if you can, before diving into Season 3. A few probably very important sub-plots at play and I assume these will continue into Season 3

Rocknerd
25-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Ep two was greater than ep one, if that is at all possible! Definently one of the best shows on television!

For those questioning its awesomeness, stop thinking of it as a Zombie show and start thinking of it as a survivalist show. The themes and storylines are about human strugle not about killing Zombies. it is about the human condition and why we stive to survive in a post apocolyptic world. The real threat is humanity not the Zombies. a Zombie is liek a wild animal stalking pray, easily dispatched. Humans however are shifty coniving evil doers, waiting for you to turn your back to kill you and steal your suplies and rape your women.

la bazzle
25-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Well said. Great show and agree ep 2 was brilliant. Rick really stepping up

Chadandkira12
25-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Any Sons of Anarchy fans? I love it also watch pawn stars,hardcore pawn,cops love foxtel would never get rid of it

tommy_v
25-10-2012, 11:08 PM
downloaded 1st seasons of the walking dead and homeland, heard good things so will give it a go.

the newsroom finale was brilliant btw

skippy
25-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Anyone see the show trollied? It's a typical British comedy set in a supermarket, pretty stupid show but some quality laughs in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dwAKhFtjqkE

Rocknerd
26-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Well said. Great show and agree ep 2 was brilliant. Rick really stepping up

Love Rick's way of solving the problem of what to do with murderous inmates!

la bazzle
27-10-2012, 12:37 AM
"Shit happens" superb

la bazzle
27-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Any Sons of Anarchy fans? I love it also watch pawn stars,hardcore pawn,cops love foxtel would never get rid of it

Good show. Though I go through times of liking it and being not so sure. Like it currently

parksey
27-10-2012, 02:04 AM
I thought Rick killing that dude was really out of character tbh.

He may as well have pulled off his right arm revealing a mini gun and mowed down everyone in his vicinity.

WolfMan
27-10-2012, 09:06 AM

He may as well have pulled off his right arm revealing a mini gun and mowed down everyone in his vicinity.

I think that's half the point. The survival struggle is changing everybody and their values.

Sidenote: I kinda hope there won't be a Season 4 coz I honestly can't see myself watching it. Starting to get boring IMO

LINGERA
29-10-2012, 01:48 PM

Rick had made his descision to keep the guy alive but he just proved time and time again he was way too much of a risk to keep alive.

LINGERA
29-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Im loving american horror story atm

Rocknerd
30-10-2012, 09:45 AM
I think that's half the point. The survival struggle is changing everybody and their values.

Sidenote: I kinda hope there won't be a Season 4 coz I honestly can't see myself watching it. Starting to get boring IMO

Well the Comic has just passed 100 issues, so there isover 10 seasons of material to draw from. Can't wait for ep 3, Michione focal ep!

pistolpete
30-10-2012, 04:01 PM
I just started reading the comics. Up to about issue 13 and am already past the show. Though I think they may have done it a bit out of order cause the jail bit has already happened and a lot of the earlier stuff in the show hasnt

Rocknerd
30-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah the Comic is just the guide, as the whole CDC thing doesn't happen and a lot of characters have been edited out and Daryl and Merl arn't their either. but still plenty of material.

Personally I hope they get to issue 100 as a key character meets the ultimate end. it's pretty gruesome!

Season 3 will cover issues 12-25 I think. the prison, the birth, the Govonor, the siege and the Exodus.

boz-monaut
30-10-2012, 08:06 PM
watching 56 Up at the moment

have always loved the Up series, it's such a great concept

the guy who emigrated to Australia just cracks me up for some reason, probably cause I can relate to a brickies labourer in the suburbs in the 80s

Neil is depressing as all get out though

la bazzle
05-11-2012, 11:18 PM
That latest walking dead phwoooarrrrr

Rocknerd
19-11-2012, 04:51 PM
any bets on whether FX will have the balls to kill the baby and turn it into a Zombie!

Jeterpool
19-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Anyone here watching Homeland?

furns
20-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Just started watching from the beginning on FX.

Morena Baccarin in HD - :fap:

Jeterpool
20-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Just started watching from the beginning on FX.

Morena Baccarin in HD - :fap:

Those first few episodes - they used her to get most of the male audience.

Bon
18-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Pulled out an old classic, The Young Ones..
TV comedy at its finest.. So ahead of its time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12W34XWIQwU

baldrick
11-04-2013, 07:49 PM
If Game of Thrones took place entirely on Facebook

http://www.happyplace.com/23035/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-3-episode-2

the blue manc
09-05-2013, 03:21 PM
im currently watching the complete series of the wire.It has to be one of the greatest series ever made. its so addictive and I`ve spent many a late watching this show.

slobsy
09-05-2013, 03:26 PM
im currently watching the complete series of the wire.It has to be one of the greatest series ever made. its so addictive and I`ve spent many a late watching this show.

i've also started watching this, only 3 episodes in.hooked

pistolpete
09-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Have always planned to watch this but never have. With the slobs seal of approval it is a much watch and will acquire it this evening

Grimario
09-05-2013, 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXbaxVeteRE

It's true, The Wire is amazing. Should have started with Homicide: Life on the Street though...

slobsy
09-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Pulled out an old classic, The Young Ones..
TV comedy at its finest.. So ahead of its time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12W34XWIQwU

World record for marshmallows stuffed up one nostril? 604, Toxteth O'Grady, USA.

boz-monaut
09-05-2013, 04:12 PM
who had the world's stickiest boogie?

slobsy
09-05-2013, 04:39 PM
that's Toxteth again.

slobsy
09-05-2013, 04:45 PM
world's stupidest bottom burp? Boz, Newcastle

q-money
09-05-2013, 04:53 PM
we know you've got a telly, we detected it

plague
10-05-2013, 07:29 AM

I too am in the process of watching this show and also believe it to be very very enjoyable.

Bon
10-05-2013, 08:36 AM
world's stupidest bottom burp? Boz, newcastle

hahahaha..

Rocknerd
29-05-2013, 01:51 PM
new Arrested Development, Classic! I've only seen the 1st ep but it made me laugh like a baboon!

skippy
29-05-2013, 08:48 PM
new Arrested Development, Classic! I've only seen the 1st ep but it made me laugh like a baboon!

Took me a while to get into it, didn't think the 1st few episodes were great, the 5th episode was however hilarious.... After the 7th episode it apparently gets more back to its old style of editing between lots of different stories in the episodes.

au revoir
30-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Took me a while to get into it, didn't think the 1st few episodes were great, the 5th episode was however hilarious.... After the 7th episode it apparently gets more back to its old style of editing between lots of different stories in the episodes.

this. after 4 or 5 episodes everything really comes together. still not as good as seasons 1-3, but it's quality.

the blue manc
30-05-2013, 05:05 PM
just started watching house of cards on fox. quality show,kevin spacey is excellent.

Grimario
30-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Anyone watch Elementary? I got it from a friend who had recommended it but I honestly can't work out if I like it or not. The whole show almost feels like Dr House does crime investigations.

I still love Lucy Lui though.

Rocknerd
31-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Anyone watch Elementary? I got it from a friend who had recommended it but I honestly can't work out if I like it or not. The whole show almost feels like Dr House does crime investigations.

I'm a huge fan of the show Psych and Elementary is just a similar version without the Jokes and 80'd pop culture references. i watched the first 4 eps and just got bored with the he's an eccentric child of wealth, with a drug habit, she's a former doctor doing pennants for an accident at work he'll do something to piss her off that may put his freedom at risk turns out it was for the best both learnt a thing or two about life, each other and themselves.

Dr house was at least funny.

Jeterpool
31-05-2013, 12:05 PM

yeah i don't mind it. something different to my normal watching

furns
31-05-2013, 12:18 PM
I dont mind Elementary, but I much prefer the Sherlock series starring Benedict Cumberbatch.

Grimario
31-05-2013, 12:20 PM
I dont mind Elementary, but I much prefer the Sherlock series starring Benedict Cumberbatch.

Who in their right mind doesn't?

toad
31-05-2013, 12:34 PM
i'm a pretty big fan of sherlock holmes as a character and so i really wanted to like elementary but everything about it is just so average imo.

bbc's sherlock i'll count down the days until it comes out in the uk and get a dodgy stream of it because i just can't wait - it's awesome. elementary, i'll watch if i happen to be in front of the tele and and bored (i think i've only watched it twice so far).

Jeterpool
31-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Anyone watch Falling Skies? Season 3 starts next week I believe.

Grimario
31-05-2013, 12:51 PM

I thought it was Season 9 and didn't start till October?

Rocknerd
31-05-2013, 01:01 PM

yeah, quite enjoy it, a little over the top Pro America stuff but otherwise interesting concepts. looking forward to season 3, new allies/enemies and some off worlding I believe.

i do question how they learnt to smelt the Alien metal though, seems all too convenient if you ask me.

i thought it was June 22, did they bring it forward?

Jeterpool
31-05-2013, 01:12 PM
yeah, quite enjoy it, a little over the top Pro America stuff but otherwise interesting concepts. looking forward to season 3, new allies/enemies and some off worlding I believe.

i do question how they learnt to smelt the Alien metal though, seems all too convenient if you ask me.

i thought it was June 22, did they bring it forward?

I thought I read June 6th - but i've been wrong before. Ask my wife.

Jeterpool
31-05-2013, 01:12 PM
I thought it was Season 9 and didn't start till October?

Maybe that's a different show?? It's definately Season 3.

Grimario
31-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Maybe that's a different show?? It's definately Season 3.

Subtle humour.

HAL Season 9, October
Sky is falling.

:gent:

Jeterpool
31-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Subtle humour.

HAL Season 9, October
Sky is falling.

Too subtle for a Friday arvo Grim! Needs to be far more obvious to the oblivious like

However still a nice one :)

Rocknerd
31-05-2013, 03:12 PM
I thought I read June 6th - but i've been wrong before. Ask my wife.

from the Fox 8 Website

Fallings Skies - Season 3 Begins Wednesday June 12 on FOX8

furns
02-06-2013, 02:14 PM
all those (like myself) who missed the Breaking Bad bandwagon, season one marathon in HD on FX next weekend

giggidy

Grimario
03-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Apparently the non book reading chunk of America is majorly butt hurt with Game of Thrones today.

parksey
03-06-2013, 05:40 PM
yep

militiamon
03-06-2013, 05:51 PM
+2

Jeterpool
04-06-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm reading the books before I watch the show - they're hard to put down!

Have to read faster now!

Rocknerd
04-06-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm reading the books before I watch the show - they're hard to put down!

Have to read faster now!

I'm with you, I'd rather read the books first then watch the show. But have another 20 odd books to read before i get to GoT.

Jeterpool
04-06-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm with you, I'd rather read the books first then watch the show. But have another 20 odd books to read before i get to GoT.

I know the feeling! I started GoT thinking it wasn't really my thing, but I'm really enjoying it. I'd purchased Soccernomics which I wanted to read too, but I'm stuck with GoT. Not to mention the numerous biographies etc!

I have a feeling I won't be getting to them until I retire...which is a long long long way away

Rocknerd
04-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Ha ha , year I'm re reading the entire saga of the Rift war saga by raymond E Feist which he has just finished the final novel to, which i'm just 9 of 27 books into and the final 4 books of the Dark tower (which I hope Netflix agree to turn into a TV show/Movie series) plus I've got the first Jack Reacher novel plus a few biographys then the total 7 books of GoT tacked onto the end for good measure.

Talking Netflix, I'm now into ep 7 of Arrested Development, it has been great, I love how they're now begining to overlap all the story lines and bringing it all together. I also love the Method one Clinic and the actors juice!

Blackmac79
04-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Love GoT. Fantastic books. The show is good but still can't compare.

Jeterpool
08-08-2013, 08:34 AM
What did people think of the Falling Skies season final? Season 3 was a bit of a let down I felt overall. The finale was essentially a non-event.

Either way, the 2nd Mass are back on the road again! And what is the go with Alexis!? Probably going to be the focus of next season. Will she be the saviour or will she be another enemy?? The treatment of Karen was a bit harsh too. That's going to cause some issues with Hal and Maggie (blanked out to prevent spoilers)

plague
08-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Breaking Bad final episodes starts Monday.
Get in.
I hope Jesse Pinkman wins.

Jeterpool
08-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Breaking Bad final episodes starts Monday.
Get in.
I hope Jesse Pinkman wins.

Is it the final season?

plague
08-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Is it the final season?
Yeah, final season was broken up into 2 x 8 episode lots.
First half screened a few months back, 2nd half starts Monday.

skippy
08-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Yeah, final season was broken up into 2 x 8 episode lots.
First half screened a few months back, 2nd half starts Monday.

Looking forward to this...

Anyone seen Orange is the new black?

PC14
08-08-2013, 01:03 PM
My current watch list -
Newsroom (Big fan of Olivia Munn)
House of Lies
House of Cards
Magic City - Although they are stopping at two seasons.
Ray Donovan - Only a few eps in but Liev Schreeber and John Voight rule.
GoT

Obviously some are out of season.

I cannot recemmend Newsroom enough, along with House of Lies and Cards.

Eventually want to get into The Wire and BReaking Bad.

russjaybee
08-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Series I've recently watched (warning: they're not new, please hold in your nerd rage)

- Freaks & Geeks (y u end 4 :sigh: )
- Eastbound and Down (Kenny Powers deadset legend, excellent series)
- Misfits (started well but sort of transformed quite a bit, ok series)
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (took a little while to grow on me because of the sitcom format, but now loving it)

Next up is probably Parks and Rec or The IT Crowd (yes shocking that I haven't seen it yet..)

plague
08-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Eventually want to get into The Wire and BReaking Bad.

Haven't seen anything else on your list but cannot recommend these two highly enough.
Easily two of the top 5 shows I've ever seen.
Enjoy.

Rocknerd
08-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Watching Freaks and Geeks at the moment. pretty good. going to move on to Undeclared after I finish this.

the blue manc
08-08-2013, 04:14 PM
ive been watching the latest series of true blood and it seems a boring and slow. Maybe ive been spoilt for shows like The Wire,The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

russjaybee
08-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Watching Freaks and Geeks at the moment. pretty good

The end, or lack there of, is pretty brutal...

Watching Freaks and Geeks was a continual "omg it's xxx from yyy" for me as I had recently rewatched The Office (US) and Party Down and the series has actors from both.

Bon
27-08-2013, 11:20 AM
I've been cranking a few different shows of late, most of them I'm not so proud of (Gold Rush, Vikings, old seasons of Survivor.. hahaha)
However one that I have been revisiting that is still hilarious 15 years on, is Brass Eye..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPrCsfd1E64&sns=fb

russjaybee
27-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Been watching Workaholics... can't believe I've only just been put on to this, gold.

skippy
27-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Been watching Workaholics... can't believe I've only just been put on to this, gold.

Love it but there is some shit episodes thrown in as well.

Thoughts on breaking bad final season so far?

Rocknerd
28-08-2013, 10:24 AM
If you're a fan of the inbetweeners, keep an eye out for a show called chickens. Its set in 1940's England and focuses on 3 lads who chose not to go to war. It's getting some good reviews, though the Pilot was not has highly regarded as the second ep.

I'm still only watch season one of Breaking bad so unsure on where this is all going.

plague
28-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Thoughts on breaking bad final season so far?

Loving it. Mostly for the fact that just when you think it's going one way, it flips around.
I've no idea how it will end and that's brilliant.
5 more to go.

plague
28-08-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm still only watch season one of Breaking bad so unsure on where this is all going.

Quick tip:
Stay off the Internet for the next 5 weeks, binge watch as much as you can. The less you know about how it unfolds the better it is.
Great show.

Rocknerd
28-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Quick tip:
Stay off the Internet for the next 5 weeks, binge watch as much as you can. The less you know about how it unfolds the better it is.
Great show.

I've so far evaded all of the talk about GoT before I read the books so I'm sure I'll be able to avoid the Br Ba talk too. I've got a few weeks off coming up with the birth of number 3 coming up so I think i'll hit the local video store or the internet and watch them whilst doing those late night feeds.

militiamon
28-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Breaking Bad = inferior TV show

http://i.imgur.com/TLWY37X.gif

plague
28-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Breaking Bad = inferior TV show

http://i.imgur.com/TLWY37X.gif

What dont you like?
http://31.media.tumblr.com/f639c4b4d8e6068fff9fe7eba1d89f29/tumblr_mrgkokJjvK1qzyeouo1_500.gif

shentong
30-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Games of Thrones is just amazing.

Yes!i love this show,i just watching seaon 3!The mother of dragon is so awesome!

militiamon
30-08-2013, 05:00 PM
^ lol

What dont you like?
http://31.media.tumblr.com/f639c4b4d8e6068fff9fe7eba1d89f29/tumblr_mrgkokJjvK1qzyeouo1_500.gif

Watched the first season, didn't give a shit about any of the characters, and the story was bizarre but not in an interesting way. Seemed that it was just going to deliberately keep getting worse and worse for old mate, didn't appeal to me.

plague
31-08-2013, 01:32 PM
^ lol

Watched the first season, didn't give a shit about any of the characters, and the story was bizarre but not in an interesting way. Seemed that it was just going to deliberately keep getting worse and worse for old mate, didn't appeal to me.

I see your point especially now that everyone is like "ZOMG you guys Breaking Bad is sooooooo awesome".
(I ****ing hate those people).

It takes a while to really kick in and the funny part is that your opinion of pretty much all the main characters will change as the show goes on. That's actually something that impressed me. The notion of good/bad/right and wrong definitely blurs the further you go.

Anyway it's not for everyone, but just remember if you bad mouth it you will sooooo not be invited to my birthday party.

Rocknerd
30-09-2013, 12:24 PM
^ lol

Really, I just finished season 1 and feel the exact opposite. Characters are engaging and all have more depth to them then most tv shows give, The show creates engaging episodes that make you want to watch just one more at 2 am in the morning and although season1 is only 7 eps long, it feels much longer.

Starting season 2 tonight! going to be good.

russjaybee
30-09-2013, 02:23 PM
ROF spoilers...

__________________________________________________ ____
I lost interest in BB when it became too "ridiculous" and not real. I think the major point was at the end of s2 with the whole plane crash etc. Didn't get too far through s3 before just losing interest.
__________________________________________________ ____

toad
30-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Starting season 2 tonight! going to be good.

spoilers :D

spoiler alert!!

russjaybee
30-09-2013, 02:39 PM
LOL sorry fixed, might want to edit yours toad!

the blue manc
30-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Eastbound and Down series 4 starts this arvo fox. Kenny ****ing Powers is back.

russjaybee
30-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Eastbound and Down series 4 starts this arvo fox. Kenny ****ing Powers is back.

YES! Keen.

Bon
30-09-2013, 05:36 PM
eastbound and down series 4 starts this arvo fox. Kenny ****ing powers is back.

awesome!!!!

plague
01-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Final Breaking Bad. Not a bad way to end it.
Kenny Powers is back.
Hail.

have started Boardwalk Empire, so far (8 eps) meh, s'ok. watchable.

pv4
01-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Apparently The IT Crowd have either done one, or three, special last episode(s) ever.

pistolpete
01-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Apparently The IT Crowd have either done one, or three, special last episode(s) ever.

Watched it the other day. Pretty funny

front2
22-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Vinnie Jones: Russia's Toughest (Nat Geo chanel)
Still looks a hard nut especially with any kind of tool or appliance in hand.

russjaybee
14-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Recently watched Wilfred (AU) and damn that shit was quality.
Great Aussie television if you're in to dark sadistic humour.

Bon
14-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Recently watched Wilfred (AU) and damn that shit was quality.
Great Aussie television if you're in to dark sadistic humour.

Yeah it is brilliant!!
I was sceptical about the yank version (with Frodo as the main, but still the same bloke playing Wilfred), but it actually wasn't too bad!!

russjaybee
14-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Yeah I'm going to jump on the US one and check it out, was happy to see the same bloke played Wilfred.

Frodo is a little bitch so I could totally see Wilfred manipulating the shit out of him.

sh10
14-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Love Wilfred, one of very few shows I actually have on dvd

militiamon
03-02-2014, 12:39 AM
Anyone else watching True Detective?

Interesting teleprogramme, all the rage amongst your snobby critic-types right now. Personally not entirely sure what to make of it yet, but I'd recommend watching if only for a certain scene in episode 2 (:brr: ).

WolfMan
03-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Anyone else watching True Detective?

Interesting teleprogramme, all the rage amongst your snobby critic-types right now. Personally not entirely sure what to make of it yet, but I'd recommend watching if only for a certain scene in episode 2 (:brr: ).

Yep, it's been good so far. I'm assuming everything comes together toward the end. Great performances from Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey

skippy
03-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Watched the klondike mini series the other week, 3 episodes 90 minutes long each.

Pretty good viewing.

sh10
03-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Heard good things about Arrested Development - worth watching? I watched about 5min of it last night and it didn't really interest me

WolfMan
03-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Heard good things about Arrested Development - worth watching? I watched about 5min of it last night and it didn't really interest me

It's a slow-burn. Very smart and the jokes aren't "in your face" so to speak. This is why the American General public didn't watch it and hence it was cancelled 3 seasons in.

One of the great pieces of modern television especially from USA in my opinion. But it's not for everyone

Jeterpool
03-02-2014, 05:47 PM

My mate loved it but I couldn't get into it unfortunately.

plague
03-02-2014, 07:17 PM
best thread.
gone back and binge watching Sopranos from start to finish (was only ever a casual observer back in the day).
I didnt remember it ever being this funny.
Good show.

skippy
04-02-2014, 04:13 PM
It's a slow-burn. Very smart and the jokes aren't "in your face" so to speak. This is why the American General public didn't watch it and hence it was cancelled 3 seasons in.

One of the great pieces of modern television especially from USA in my opinion. But it's not for everyone

This, loved seasons 1-3, 4 not so much but still some hilarious episodes.

Really needs to be watched more than once to get all of the running jokes

toad
04-02-2014, 04:17 PM
This, loved seasons 1-3, 4 not so much but still some hilarious episodes.

Really needs to be watched more than once to get all of the running jokes

agreed on all counts. i have heard that if/when they make another season it'll be back to the style of seasons 1-3 (season 4 obviously being pretty different in terms of how the story was told)

toad
04-02-2014, 04:22 PM
also what did people think of season 3 of sherlock?

without wanting to give away too much, thought episode 1 was pretty crap (for sherlock, although still entertaining), episode 2 was more of a classic sherlock episode (in a good way) and episode 3 was kind of ok.

overall, it was going to be hard to live up to the first 2 seasons and I don' think they did, although it hasn't jumped the shark either. yet.

parksey
04-02-2014, 06:24 PM
agreed on all counts. i have heard that if/when they make another season it'll be back to the style of seasons 1-3 (season 4 obviously being pretty different in terms of how the story was told)

I've only seen s4 in its entirety and was really put off by the way the story was told. Will have to check out 1-3.

Jeterpool
04-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Enjoying The Crazy Ones. Robin Williams makes it and SMG is still looking good

furns
05-02-2014, 03:30 PM
expect mass piracy when s4 of GoT comes out. Foxtel has exclusive rights and not even netflix or itunes can start selling the eps until the entire season has finished.

I have the second highest tier of Foxtel and I cant even get access to showcase. "other methods" for me then

russjaybee
05-02-2014, 04:01 PM
"Other methods" are often the only way we (australians) can actually see shows when they're released anyway.

WolfMan
14-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Anybody else seen the latest episode of "True Detective"?

That "single shot" sequence was a brilliant bit of TV, IMHO

EDIT: Posted video in case people want to easily watch it. SPOILER ALERT - don't watch if you intend on viewing the series and haven't yet. Although I don't think it gives too much away.

http://youtu.be/s_HuFuKiq8U

Imyourhero
14-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Anybody else seen the latest episode of "True Detective"?

That "single shot" sequence was a brilliant bit of TV, IMHO

EDIT: Posted video in case people want to easily watch it. SPOILER ALERT - don't watch if you intend on viewing the series and haven't yet. Although I don't think it gives too much away.

http://youtu.be/s_HuFuKiq8U

Stunning television. I'm loving this show, they're doing a very good job of being open but mysterious about what is going on.

militiamon
15-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Just watched that ep, woah. Brilliant stuff.

hawk
25-02-2014, 08:45 PM
worlds craziest fools

furns
29-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Anyone with foxtel needs to check out two Jim Jefferies specials
Alcoholocaust which is replayed tomoz, and Contraband next friday 4th April.

absolutely hilarious

GazFish35
29-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Wish abc would bring back the bill

Jeterpool
02-04-2014, 11:09 AM
HIMYM Finale last night. My thoughts...WARNING SPOILERS - in white text

So after watching this series for the last 7 years (I came in about season 3 and caught up via DVD), the finale was aired overnight.

I am in two minds what to think. Initially I was a bit annoyed, maybe disappointed in how it ended. However, the longer I think about it, it’s starting to sit ok with me. It gives reason to why he is telling the kids the story and segues into his new relationship with Robin. It was a different ending and isn’t the happily ever after that most shows finish with, in a way, but also gave the happily ever after in another.

In saying that, I was disappointed the mother and her interactions with the group weren’t expanded. Also I felt they focussed on one year too many during the “fill in” section which perhaps diluted the other years. Spending only a few seconds on the mother getting sick/dying was disappointing too. After almost cruising along for the last 2 seasons I didn’t mind the last season. It had some nice touches and wrapped pretty much everything in.

The divorce didn't surprise me. I also came to the conclusion that Lily needed that group and was the one who really kept it together. Barney's behaviour demonstrated he never really matured or was scared to mature but the kid part was nice.

For those who like it, there were some good tear jerkers. Mrs Jeterpool was having a little sniffle – though that may be the pregnancy. I’ll need to watch it again. Perhaps I’ll start from season 1 and watch it all over.

Anyway, it’s over now and I really did enjoy the journey.

q-money
02-04-2014, 11:14 AM
tl;dr

russjaybee
03-04-2014, 08:40 AM
another over-rated sitcom imo

Jeterpool
03-04-2014, 09:08 AM
another over-rated sitcom imo

The longer it went, the worse it got. I really liked the concept as something different.

Premy
24-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Anyone watching Arrow?
Thoughts on Arrow?
Also without the spoiler thoughts on the spin off series to commence soon?

Its really starting to get good now can't wait for the spin off to start, I think the spin off will be far more successful due to his popularity over Green Arrow.

Imyourhero
24-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Anyone watch the show Banshee? If you like sex and violence you should enjoy it haha!

Premy
24-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Anyone watch the show Banshee? If you like sex and violence you should enjoy it haha!So true I have a few episodes of the second season on the hard drive to watch yet to get to them.

Imyourhero
24-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Just finished season 2. Very easy show to cruise through, storyline is abit all over the place but in saying that you don't get bored watching.

skippy
06-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Anyone watching Fargo? yes based on the true story and movie but Billy Bob is awesome

hawk
06-05-2014, 08:03 PM
wcf

pistolpete
06-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Anyone watching Fargo? yes based on the true story and movie but Billy Bob is awesome

Yeah I am enjoying it. Different to the movie (which isn't really based on a true story for those playing at home) but billy bob is awesome in it. So is old mate from Sherlock

Blackmac79
07-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Yeah I am enjoying it. Different to the movie (which isn't really based on a true story for those playing at home) but billy bob is awesome in it. So is old mate from Sherlock

Also watching it. Big movie fan so it was a no brainier to get into this too. Watching it without streaming from the us so no spoilers please.

Also believe the writers and director of the movie got death threats from fans feeling duped when it came out the movie was not a true story.

Absolutely great film redone in a really great way.

Billy bob, particularly the scene where he booked into the motel laugh out loud funny.
Big Martin freeman fan too. Guy is the bloke you choose if you just want the most average looking person to play an average looking person.

Bon
27-05-2014, 10:15 AM
New season of Trailer Park Boys will be coming out soon.. Can't wait..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97HE5U91VM&feature=youtu.be

Frodo
27-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Absolutely great film redone in a really great way.

I'm loving Fargo too, if you're into the whole 'old movie turned into TV series' trend there is a new series based on 'From Dusk till Dawn' at the moment. I've only seen a small bit of it but looks pretty interesting. Supposedly the first season goes over the movie plot until they escape the Bar but then the series moves into Mexico and explains heaps more.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3337194/

Frodo
27-05-2014, 03:04 PM
New season of Trailer Park Boys will be coming out soon.. Can't wait..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97HE5U91VM&feature=youtu.be

Also, Trailer Park Boys FTW. Nice work Bon.

WolfMan
27-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Wish I'd passed my Grade 10 "with flying carpets"...

Steve French etc.

Skirt Boy
28-05-2014, 12:35 AM
Aerobics Oz Style at 6:30am back in the early-mid 90's.................best thing to wake up.

Blackmac79
29-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Fargo tonight.

Damn.

WolfMan
30-05-2014, 06:50 AM
Aerobics Oz Style at 6:30am back in the early-mid 90's.................best thing to wake up.

Suddenly, your photography makes sense ;-)

Bon
10-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Rik Mayall has passed away..
I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but I guess after the insane amount of my youth that I spent watching shows that he starred in, this thread would be appropriate..
Very sad news..

furns
10-06-2014, 11:27 AM
ffs now I know that I am old, when one of The Young Ones passes away

Grimario
10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
It's a crime that one of The Young Ones has passed away before Cliff ****ing Richard.

slobsy
10-06-2014, 03:03 PM
RIP The People's Poet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnZnnkJxoC8

.....and all the grown-ups will say, "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say, "Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead!"