PDA

View Full Version : The end of the squadron?

joel31
21-05-2015, 02:59 PM
If the club rebranded would it be appropriate for the squadron disband and a new group of active support to form?
Discuss

plague
21-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Q-man is the first against the wall.
I want the Dineaway chicks to pull the trigger.

LONG LIVE KING HARRY!!!!!!!

q-money
21-05-2015, 03:21 PM
dineaway is the sole reason this club is in the mess it is in now mate

plague
21-05-2015, 03:51 PM
dineaway is the sole reason this club is in the mess it is in now mate

Dineaway cannot be killed.
Give in to its awesomeness or suffer the fate of those who have doubted it.

Blackmac79
21-05-2015, 06:27 PM
If the club rebranded would it be appropriate for the squadron disband and a new group of active support to form?
Discuss

What exactly do you mean by this?

Is it just if the name of the club changes the squadron does the same?
Or do you think there is actually a group out their willing to step up and go through what the squadron does everyweek?

weston
21-05-2015, 06:37 PM

Or do you think there is actually a group out their willing to step up and go through what the squadron does everyweek?

I assume he means renaming.

Blackmac79
21-05-2015, 06:53 PM
I assume he means renaming.

As do I.

I just thought I would clarify.

joel31
21-05-2015, 06:54 PM

I guess I was merely speculating.

Didn't Melbourne Heart's "active support" change their name when they became City. It was that type of thing. But seeing as we know now the name of the club is not changing it makes that point partially irrelevant.

The other side to it was that I know that unfortunately there is a stigma from many Newcastle Jets members towards the Squadron. I was thinking that as the club was having a fresh start, the active support can also. This could allow those others who unfortunately hate the squadron but want to support the Jets to be more likely to want to get involved. But I guess what we would probably see that unless results drastically improve and the bandwagon effect comes into play it would turn out as the same group in active support

Premy
21-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Topors troopers or Zads Lads or whatever they go by now to be renamed Gallops Gobblers.

lquiquer
21-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Topors troopers or Zads Lads or whatever they go by now to be renamed Gallops Gobblers.

I thought they went by: Hooly Shit Is Blue

MFKS
21-05-2015, 07:58 PM

Didn't Melbourne Heart's "active support" change their name when they became City. It was that type of thing. But seeing as we know now the name of the club is not changing it makes that point partially irrelevant.

The other side to it was that I know that unfortunately there is a stigma from many Newcastle Jets members towards the Squadron. I was thinking that as the club was having a fresh start, the active support can also. This could allow those others who unfortunately hate the squadron but want to support the Jets to be more likely to want to get involved. But I guess what we would probably see that unless results drastically improve and the bandwagon effect comes into play it would turn out as the same group in active support
Exactly what is stopping any of these people wanting to get involved other than their attitudes??

Last I looked Body Blackmac Furns etc are happy for them to join in.

Nothing is stopping them bar themselves making excuses

holmesy
21-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Exactly what is stopping any of these people wanting to get involved other than their attitudes??

Last I looked Body Blackmac Furns etc are happy for them to join in.

Nothing is stopping them bar themselves making excuses

This ^^

Blackmac79
21-05-2015, 08:26 PM

No worries, I have thought myself what would we do if the club was renamed. Pretty sure it will remain jets though.

I still don't understand where the anti-squadron comes from. That thought is surely part of a bygone era when things were different in the way the squadron was operated and interacts with the wider fan base. I also think this view point isn't as wide spread as you think. I spent a heap of time this season trying to get to games at gates open to talk to people, introduce myself, encourage participation and build relationships. On the whole this was positive. Even got at least one hater to turn.

Times are a changing. I don't think there is another group out there willing to put the hours into a new group, or a) they would be doing it already, or b) they would be assisting the squadron. (If there are those out their with the drive that want to be involved, contact me, I have upcoming projects that need man hours, would love some help)

On a side note it would be good if the terrace and squadron took off this season. Both I think are beneficial.

MFKS
21-05-2015, 09:14 PM
No worries, I have thought myself what would we do if the club was renamed. Pretty sure it will remain jets though.

I still don't understand where the anti-squadron comes from. That thought is surely part of a bygone era when things were different in the way the squadron was operated and interacts with the wider fan base. I also think this view point isn't as wide spread as you think. I spent a heap of time this season trying to get to games at gates open to talk to people, introduce myself, encourage participation and build relationships. On the whole this was positive. Even got at least one hater to turn.

Times are a changing. I don't think there is another group out there willing to put the hours into a new group, or a) they would be doing it already, or b) they would be assisting the squadron. (If there are those out their with the drive that want to be involved, contact me, I have upcoming projects that need man hours, would love some help)

On a side note it would be good if the terrace and squadron took off this season. Both I think are beneficial.

Actually how is old mate going with the Northern Legion thing he was doing.

He got those hats for sale yet??

boz-monaut
21-05-2015, 09:28 PM
we need to organise hats the shape of crocodiles

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61eOiRtMMdL._SL1000_.jpg

furns
21-05-2015, 11:04 PM
These are all good points, a meeting is going to be organised in a few weeks after everything has calmed down.

slobsy
21-05-2015, 11:45 PM
newy jerks

plague
23-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Attn: Q-man.
I had a Dineaway today.
Place was packed. Business looked like it was booming.

How is your Squadron looking?

#theeternalbattle

hawk
16-01-2017, 10:00 AM
newy jerks

Step up slobadan

Damo Lovelock
22-01-2017, 01:23 PM
This thread now seems more pertinent with the growing popularity of the NCL...

MFKS
22-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Jason Hoffman
Jason Hoffman
Down the wing

He's lost the ball

hawk
05-03-2017, 07:14 PM
ding dong the The Squadron is dead. long live the active.

Turn the light off on the way out furns. You have no minions left.

WolfMan
06-03-2017, 09:07 AM
ding dong the The Squadron is dead. long live the active.

Turn the light off on the way out furns. You have no minions left.

Wow. How disrespectful.

Serd1
06-03-2017, 10:20 AM
There were more security at the cage then supporters..

q-money
06-03-2017, 10:32 AM
jesus hawk i hope you buy furns a beer after that disgraceful comment ffs

BodyNovo
06-03-2017, 02:30 PM

2nd

Superdylan
06-03-2017, 05:33 PM
I hope some of the personal issues between certain individuals are resolved.
As i feel personally responsible swaying a few peoples minds at the glory game in January from squadron to ncl ill happily shout a beer furns and bodi next time i see yas as i know youve done alot for the squadron over the years.

But yeah the control of the cage was always gonna be a problem. The seats were always gonna be a risk too. The height of the bay i was never too keen on either so was only really happy with southern end as a place when numbers were too small.

I hope we can get some tifo down the track but make it coast or sydney away end of season.

WolfMan
06-03-2017, 06:14 PM
I hope some of the personal issues between certain individuals are resolved.
As i feel personally responsible swaying a few peoples minds at the glory game in January from squadron to ncl ill happily shout a beer furns and bodi next time i see yas as i know youve done alot for the squadron over the years.

But yeah the control of the cage was always gonna be a problem. The seats were always gonna be a risk too. The height of the bay i was never too keen on either so was only really happy with southern end as a place when numbers were too small.

I hope we can get some tifo down the track but make it coast or sydney away end of season.

Hate to break it to ya SD, but you're not that good a salesman.

Unless you're calling those that "followed you" sheep? Surely they have the capacity to make their own decisions.

Don't worry about the beers, just get this pool thing happening once and for all, please

Superdylan
06-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Don't worry about the beers, just get this pool thing happening once and for all, please

Maybe we can book a nice hotel with one for this supporters function thingy.

hawk
07-03-2017, 08:44 PM

2nd

fking rofls. so disrespectful? wake up to yourselves. wasnt meant that way but since you wanna ark up and have a cry heres a tissue. and bodes, get out of his ass you bolter

Btw im very shocked in the whole drop off, cant believe it. I thought we would have kept that 20 core at least. Maybe hoping for 2 actives.

Roundball Enthusiast
09-03-2017, 05:01 PM
fking rofls. so disrespectful? wake up to yourselves. wasnt meant that way but since you wanna ark up and have a cry heres a tissue. and bodes, get out of his ass you bolter

Btw im very shocked in the whole drop off, cant believe it. I thought we would have kept that 20 core at least. Maybe hoping for 2 actives.

Hawk, are we going to have our annual discussion at Cardiff station before we board the choo choo to scum stadia? God I miss that one time a year we talk face to face.

BodyNovo
09-03-2017, 07:05 PM

Maybe I hadn't had my happy pill for the day when I read it Hawkeye

2 actives was never going to happen not enough minions

Meh not stressed anyways.

hawk
14-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Maybe I hadn't had my happy pill for the day when I read it Hawkeye

2 actives was never going to happen not enough minions

Meh not stressed anyways.

minions/army I could have used several descriptors. lol, for sure dont sweat this little holiday. Like Jake says you'll all be back, you cant live without the active....

hawk
14-03-2017, 09:29 PM
Hawk, are we going to have our annual discussion at Cardiff station before we board the choo choo to scum stadia? God I miss that one time a year we talk face to face.

geez i hope so. ive been slack being an ole codger ay :(

q-money
14-03-2017, 09:47 PM
you still talkin' warren buffet

hawk
14-03-2017, 09:54 PM
you still talkin' warren buffet

oh you still here, get back to the form Harley

q-money
14-03-2017, 10:29 PM
:wub:

Jetmaster
15-03-2017, 07:37 AM
So could someone please explain to an outsider what has caused all this? And where is it headed

Is it the FFA active rules? If this new group grows in Bay 1 next season and nobody goes to the designated area I can see the club and the FFA doing something about it (what I dunno).

Is it because of a bit of friction between individuals - if so grow a set, sit down in the pub and mediate. Club comes first.

Is it a genuine thought to have multiple actives? TBH I don't think we are big enough for that yet.

And a final question - why is active support so much better at a Gypos away game than it is at the home version? What can you replicate?

Jeterpool
15-03-2017, 07:58 AM
So could someone please explain to an outsider what has caused all this? And where is it headed

Is it the FFA active rules? If this new group grows in Bay 1 next season and nobody goes to the designated area I can see the club and the FFA doing something about it (what I dunno).

Is it because of a bit of friction between individuals - if so grow a set, sit down in the pub and mediate. Club comes first.

Is it a genuine thought to have multiple actives? TBH I don't think we are big enough for that yet.

And a final question - why is active support so much better at a Gypos away game than it is at the home version? What can you replicate?

I'm not a part of active support. My perception on this is that the fans are condensed into 2 bays at the gypos, instead of spread across a stadium. Perhaps it can be assumed the more passionate fan travels as well - so perhaps through peer pressure of the greater number cheering and chanting feel the need to join in. At home games, I'm one of only a handful who sing NTUA where I sit. All of a sudden we are surrounded by more like-minded folk because we are corralled into a bay and the noise amplifies.

Jetmaster
15-03-2017, 10:30 AM
I'm not a part of active support. My perception on this is that the fans are condensed into 2 bays at the gypos, instead of spread across a stadium. Perhaps it can be assumed the more passionate fan travels as well - so perhaps through peer pressure of the greater number cheering and chanting feel the need to join in. At home games, I'm one of only a handful who sing NTUA where I sit. All of a sudden we are surrounded by more like-minded folk because we are corralled into a bay and the noice amplifies.

Yep - sounds spot on.

evolution
15-03-2017, 11:09 AM
I'm not a part of active support. My perception on this is that the fans are condensed into 2 bays at the gypos, instead of spread across a stadium. Perhaps it can be assumed the more passionate fan travels as well - so perhaps through peer pressure of the greater number cheering and chanting feel the need to join in. At home games, I'm one of only a handful who sing NTUA where I sit. All of a sudden we are surrounded by more like-minded folk because we are corralled into a bay and the noice amplifies.

Agree with this sentiment. I use to get involved in the Squadron every game but no longer participate - choose instead to be more social and watch the game with friends.

Away days are different, whenever I do a Coast/Sydney away trip I do my best to get involved and support the boys. A completely different environment/mindset.

hawk
19-03-2017, 06:35 PM

Nah, no major fallouts or anything like that. More differing stlyes in the way peeps like to support on game day.

Now ive not spoken to the powers for a while and they could add a little more but the squad had a slow falling off due for years due to very mediocre results and unreasonable security and ffa policing. Maybe some had an issue with song leadership but that didnt affect much. Its only recently that peeps who prefer a more adhoc type of vocal support started hanging with the ncl lads who have been around for quite while. Its only now that it has grown at the ground.

Im sure there are goings on behind the scenes to get the south goals vocal again. I still think there can be 2 larger active supports which would be awesome. Lets make the semis first.

MFKS
19-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Nah, no major fallouts or anything like that. More differing stlyes in the way peeps like to support on game day.

Now ive not spoken to the powers for a while and they could add a little more but the squad had a slow falling off due for years due to very mediocre results and unreasonable security and ffa policing. Maybe some had an issue with song leadership but that didnt affect much. Its only recently that peeps who prefer a more adhoc type of vocal support started hanging with the ncl lads who have been around for quite while. Its only now that it has grown at the ground.

Im sure there are goings on behind the scenes to get the south goals vocal again. I still think there can be 2 larger active supports which would be awesome. Lets make the semis first.

Do we get priority tickets fir these semis???

hawk
21-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Do we get priority tickets fir these semis???

You'll be No1, not sure what year though. Are you Under 30 yrs of age?

....RIP sqodron i blame furns

plague
05-11-2018, 12:03 PM
'Seemed' like good numbers in the bay on Saturday? Sounded ok from where I was. Also, Plague jnr joined in for a bit, came back with some great new words you all taught him so cheers for that.