PDA

View Full Version : Our new club - what do we want?

GazFish35
27-05-2015, 09:54 AM
A new thread - I hope to promote to the wider fanbase for SERIOUS and GENUINE discussion about what we want the club to look like into the future.

Structure, Values, Playing style, fan and finacial interactions etc etc

Im going to encourage club admin to view it, and will presenting a summary at the next sub-committee meeting.

Usual forum rules apply - but lets all actually follow them! :)

Blackmac79
27-05-2015, 10:09 AM
- broad ownership base, involving community business and supporter community.
- i don't much buy the "each team needs a playing style", however a culture when we play is important. Never surrender basically.
- enough of he bullshit prematch noise.
- weekly open, and encourage to attend training sessions before games.
- regular open supporter forums.

MFKS
27-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Death to the red and blue colours
Griffo back

Close thread

plague
27-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Treat your fans/members/customers like assets instead of an inconvenience.

Local Rules
27-05-2015, 11:01 AM
1. Greater connection between the three teams in HAL, Youth and Womens
2. Better relationships with clubs within NNSWFF - Have an ambassador to each club or group of clubs where they are involved with training, game days etc
3. Entertainment value at the game - people paying money want to be entertained. While it is good to have the SSG at half time you need something to draw the crowd and excite them at half time. If we could get the sponsors on board a car giveaway at end of the year for a competition to shoot from various spots on the field.
4. Player availability to the masses after the game for autographs etc rather then just walk off.
5. Local juniors being involved

GazFish35
27-05-2015, 11:14 AM
3. Entertainment value at the game - people paying money want to be entertained. While it is good to have the SSG at half time you need something to draw the crowd and excite them at half time. If we could get the sponsors on board a car giveaway at end of the year for a competition to shoot from various spots on the field.

all of your points have been disussed this one inparticular is being investigated.
Can i give your contact details to the sub-committee member developing this idea?

northern_swan
27-05-2015, 11:50 AM
I know it's pretty basic, but for a game day fan engagement strategy, why not do what they did back in the old Breakers days, with a half time penalty shootout?

A cross promotion with the Herald. Fill out the coupon, put it in the barrel on game day. Name gets drawn, 2-3 to go up against the youth keeper. Winner goes through to semi finals etc, culminating with a final on last home game.

Winner gets a significant prize (a car? Holiday? Free membership next year?)

Just a thought

Local Rules
27-05-2015, 12:13 PM
all of your points have been disussed this one inparticular is being investigated.
Can i give your contact details to the sub-committee member developing this idea?

Yes that is fine

MFKS
27-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Not wishing to knock these HT ideas but is this really important for keeping people happy??

Quite frankly HT as far as I am concerned is time for a Piss, time for a bunger, time for restocking your beverages and having a chat to some people.

I couldn't tell you what happens at HT as I have other things to do and would rather be doing

Jeterpool
27-05-2015, 12:16 PM
I know it's pretty basic, but for a game day fan engagement strategy, why not do what they did back in the old Breakers days, with a half time penalty shootout?

A cross promotion with the Herald. Fill out the coupon, put it in the barrel on game day. Name gets drawn, 2-3 to go up against the youth keeper. Winner goes through to semi finals etc, culminating with a final on last home game.

Winner gets a significant prize (a car? Holiday? Free membership next year?)

Just a thought

Great idea!

Please see Gaz's post above. The sub-committee is discussing this but please bring it up as it supports the fans desire for such a thing.

Jetmaster
27-05-2015, 12:26 PM
* Dispose of red and blue - no matter what anyone else says the football club needs its own identity.
* True community engagement including star players going to schools, not just the squaddies.
* Improve the matchday experience - too much noise and too many things happening at once to enjoy it now. Kill the onfield announcer who drowns out the RBB let alone our boys.
* Re-engage, review and improve active support.
* Youth/ladies matches as curtain raisers at least a few times in the season - raises their profile and encourages people to come earlier.
* Have a true after match gathering place for all like Con used to have - some great times going back to Adamstown.
* Have more of our better trials at local venues rather than travelling elsewhere all the time.
* Increased promotion in the media as it was a few years back - and put more emotion into promoting the derbies.
* Stop being nannies and sell proper beer - this is not a thugby demographic.

Jeterpool
27-05-2015, 12:40 PM
* Dispose of red and blue - no matter what anyone else says the football club needs its own identity.
* True community engagement including star players going to schools, not just the squaddies.
* Improve the matchday experience - too much noise and too many things happening at once to enjoy it now. Kill the onfield announcer who drowns out the RBB let alone our boys.
* Youth/ladies matches as curtain raisers at least a few times in the season - raises their profile and encourages people to come earlier.
* Have a true after match gathering place for all like Con used to have - some great times going back to Adamstown.
* Have more of our better trials at local venues rather than travelling elsewhere all the time.
* Increased promotion in the media as it was a few years back - and put more emotion into promoting the derbies.

Jetmaster, I can comment on the bolded item.

We discussed this in the sub-committee meeting #1 and #2. There are some logistical issues with this, however the discussion landed on engaging a local ground to determine if a pre-game match involving youth or ladies could be held there and then people walk over afterwards to the main game. This was for trial in the 15/16 season. We'll be bringing it up again.

However, I again encourage people to bring it up. It's helps add weight to our disucssions.

la bazzle
27-05-2015, 12:41 PM
- Bring in blokes that can connect with the plebs. There is no connection with the current bunch of flogs and the fans. Who are these blokes? Its harder to hate you when your shit if we know you're good blokes and not all a bunch of Daniel Mullens.

Frodo
27-05-2015, 12:46 PM
-I would love to come watch a youth game/W league game before kick off. All Sat & Sun game should have something on before hand.

-Song sheets to a few songs included in the members pack. Get some neutrals involved in the noise, if you can't get everyone to the squadron try to bring the squadron to everyone else. (i know this will annoy plenty of people, i'm cool with that:violin:)

-free tickets for youth teams every game, either pick a club or make it a lottery. Start searching for future members now.

Jeterpool
27-05-2015, 12:55 PM
-I would love to come watch a youth game/W league game before kick off. All Sat & Sun game should have something on before hand.

-Song sheets to a few songs included in the members pack. Get some neutrals involved in the noise, if you can't get everyone to the squadron try to bring the squadron to everyone else. (i know this will annoy plenty of people, i'm cool with that:violin:)

-free tickets for youth teams every game, either pick a club or make it a lottery. Start searching for future members now.

GazFish, Furns - this

plague
27-05-2015, 01:08 PM

I've mentioned this in other thread also.
Great idea.
Pick a bunch of local clubs for each home game. Get their player numbers and give everyone a free ticket.
Engage the people that play the game.
Hook em for life.
It like there's not 10-15k spare seats at every home game.

Thomas477
27-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Get rid of red/blue and reinstate gold.

Always hire managers who are courageous enough to always push for a win, not be happy for a draw or minor loss at home. Having a manager who is willing to not settle for anything less than a win will be excitement to games, and make games more exciting.

boz-monaut
27-05-2015, 01:32 PM
+ green/brown home, gold away
+ Joel Griffiths
+ new, simple name, e.g. United
+ community involvement
+ win a game every now and then

RAM
27-05-2015, 01:47 PM

Shelving youth matches from the pre-game line up definitely reduced the game day experience IMO

RAM
27-05-2015, 01:49 PM

spot on

RAM
27-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Get the injured/ offseason players to do the rounds a bit outside of Newcastle to promote the game.

Jets players are never sighted at schools promoting the game and the Club.

Don't know about the situation in Newcastle (wasn't the case when I went to school there anyway with KB or the Breakers), but there's no connection in the North. Meanwhile NRL players and different clubs are regularly touring, despite football being more popular.

Rocknerd
27-05-2015, 02:27 PM
I want the fays married
The internet fast and
The children educated

Barring that, Emerald, cinnamon and gold away
Griff, even if he's only an ambassador to the club, the stadium announcer executed in a pre game entertainment spectacular
Memberships prices to stay close to what they are
Quality signings over celebrity names.
Better pre season matches Awaydays to the likes of Syd Utd and Blacktown and no more preseasons against Gypos diluting the derby.

cobra23
27-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Tell the new coach that the quote moving forward is now banned.

stopper2
27-05-2015, 03:06 PM
To have aspirations to make the Top four every year.
To make Hunter Stadium a stronghold again where opposing teams know when they come here they are going to have to battle for the full 90 minutes just to get a point let alone a win.
Play positive "sexy football" with a swagger at home.
Stay true to the "promoting locals" rhetoric, if the club say that is what they are about than carry it through BUT if we have an opportunity to sign a better player for the same $$$ than unfortunately value for money>>>loyalty.

For me it's paramount to build a football team with a winning mentality and culture, we get that right, everything else will eventually take care of itself......BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!!!

Blackmac79
27-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Would like to think the offensively loud music can go away too.

Superdylan
27-05-2015, 04:06 PM
Bring back the gold as the home kit. Away kit to change between black and white, green and brown, red and blue.

Stay at hunter stadium, stay as the jets aswell

Sign a quality striker from Europe that is well known. Another Emile heskey style player would be great for marketing and building crowds.

Play more 7:30pm Saturday home games or even better Saturday 7:45pm.

Sign a coach with proven success.

MFKS
27-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Dead Serious Here

Up the Membership Prices.

I know it goes against the grain as people hate to pay more for something.

Dirt cheap membership has seen us struggle for success as we have had a half arse run club which is hardly surprising when you reduce the amount of income from such a big sauce of your overall income

Sad reality is we have to dip into our pockets more to have a successful club that is financially strong into the future.

Make it happen

JTID
27-05-2015, 05:09 PM
A new thread - I hope to promote to the wider fanbase for SERIOUS and GENUINE discussion about what we want the club to look like into the future.

Structure, Values, Playing style, fan and finacial interactions etc etc

Im going to encourage club admin to view it, and will presenting a summary at the next sub-committee meeting.

Usual forum rules apply - but lets all actually follow them! :)

I agree with Gav, Also bring the club back to the fans the way it was back in the earlier years until Con left the club when supporters would be lined up to meet their favourite players etc. Change the colours and encourage kids to return to the fan base and lets make the club what it was before all this BS began.. By doing this it will encourage fans to support the players and in turn lift the moral of the club within the community. We were once a force within the A League and we can be that again.. NTUA..

adsa@burnley
27-05-2015, 05:32 PM
1. dont bring griff back, too old and big ego
2. bring in players that will work for the team, the banner newcastle united fans had the other day was spot on. " we dont demand a team that wins, we demand a team that tries" burnley are a perfect example on how to play when your the underdog, even though they are getting relegated they have done very well for the team and money they have.
3. dont sign a marquee
4. bleed youth
5. youth/w-league games before match
6. bring in a coach that demands hardwork etc
7. dont sign mulvey

adsa@burnley
27-05-2015, 05:38 PM
1. change the game-day announcer,can't stand him, he sounds like it's an under-5s gala day
2. jets youth to look at npl/newfm clubs for players, many players in those teams that could really excel under top coaching
3. become a team that the fans are proud of, no diving, 110% commitment, full of passion
4. sign players like lee and alivodic instead of heskey/culina, big names mean nothing if they dont have the legs anymore.
5. become more connected with the fans, get the crowd going, celebrating with the squadron, when the players are injured and walking around the ground they seem almost scared of the fans.
6. fans to become more optimistic, we could sign messi and people will still say it is a bad signing,lighten up and support the team

plague
27-05-2015, 06:40 PM
the twitter sidebar on the foz just had something on to the effect of Michael Bridges keen to rebuild the Jets culture.

reminds me of the blokes who used to smash your windows on a saturday night then turn up sunday morning to replace them.

Pico
27-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Would like to think the offensively loud music can go away too.

Something tells me if the rocket surgeons at the jets couldn't organise this in the season just gone they won't be able to wrap their heads around it in the foreseeable future, lets remember that this would cost nothing and has been raised how many times, hell I'd settle for them to simply reduce the volume to a level somewhere south of the ear piercing fighter jet drowning volume its played at, side note for club, if I can't hear if my mate wants a another round of beers, the music is too ****en loud.

MFKS
27-05-2015, 07:25 PM
the twitter sidebar on the foz just had something on to the effect of Michael Bridges keen to rebuild the Jets culture.

reminds me of the blokes who used to smash your windows on a saturday night then turn up sunday morning to replace them.
This

hawk
27-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Need a team that doesn't pander to fans

Struts around a wins most games and then celebrates into the night

Have a manager who's arrogant and gets his players to win at all costs

Has a backline that are a bunch of khunts

have midfield that are brilliant academically and with their feet

forwards who are like Berish

gets trophies

Don't care where they come from

NewyTy
27-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Haven't really had anything to say on this yet but a few things come to mind.

1. Keep the membership price affordable. I think someone said it should go up but I think it'll be better to keep it cheap and keep the casuals coming. If we have success next season than by all means up the price. Hope what I mean comes across. Win games and the fans will want to see more.

2. As much as I respect the guy, I'm not sure bringing Griff back would work. He's getting on in age and isn't as good as he used to be, plus I'm not sure how well he'll come back from the knee injury. I think it'd be a decent idea to bring the Griff in as an attacking coach or something along those lines. Work with the younger guys.

3. Utilize the local comp!!! There's a fair bit of talent in the NPL and to a lesser-extent the New-FM teams. Bring them through the youth/reserves and feed them into the A-League squad. I know there's a few people who aren't a fan of the whole keep the team local and I'm not saying all 11 players should be from Newcastle but a team with a local flavour will gain support from the casual fan.

4. Listen to the fans! Perhaps the most important point of all. The FFA and eventually the new owner or owners have to listen to what the fans have to say. Tinkler didn't do that and lost all respect from the fans. The fan forums are a good start but it needs to continue beyond that.

5. Find some success. Obviously the feeling of the fans, the support towards the team and the general vibe around the club will no doubt improve if on-field results can improve. It would make everything so much better. Imagine winning at Gosford again, or ending our winless streak in Perth or even better actually making the finals. Success is key for a good club and the set-up of the new teams needs to be done carefully and not just thrown together in a week or two.

6. Last but not least, sign a marquee. Remember the vibe Emile Heskey brought with his arrival. It was massive. Maybe not someone on Heskey's level but someone like Berisha when he first arrived at Brisbane or Ben Khallfallah (spelling?) last season. Someone who isn't a huge name but more importantly fits into the team set-up. I wouldn't say no to a big name like Heskey but you need to think about how they'll fit into the team and what not.

Hopefully those points make a bit of sense. I'm keen to see where the club will go from here and really happy that the reign of Tinkler is over and Stubbins is gone.

WolfMan
27-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Dead Serious Here

Up the Membership Prices.

I know it goes against the grain as people hate to pay more for something.

Dirt cheap membership has seen us struggle for success as we have had a half arse run club which is hardly surprising when you reduce the amount of income from such a big sauce of your overall income

Sad reality is we have to dip into our pockets more to have a successful club that is financially strong into the future.

Make it happen

I'm with you here. If the extra money is going to make the owner's job easier, then I'm all for paying the average membership price.

Bargain basement memberships has delivered basement results

sammydog
27-05-2015, 09:14 PM
I agree with Gav, Also bring the club back to the fans the way it was back in the earlier years until Con left the club when supporters would be lined up to meet their favourite players etc.

Can remember standing out the front of the sheds in the old Western Stand chanting "Super Matty Thompson". Would be great to see that happen again, but the new stand means you get nowhere near the sheds. Best you could do is surround the exit and wait.

the blue manc
27-05-2015, 09:32 PM
What about when you purchase your membership you go in the draw to a jets experience, like walk with team and sit up in the owners box. They could run this for all the home games.

Couscous
27-05-2015, 09:45 PM
- No, or minimal, music over the PA.
- A club, where one can eat and drink (long term). No pokies.
- Emerald and cinnamon kit.
- Players must be immersed in the community. I want a close-knit, tuna can culture.

MFKS
27-05-2015, 09:51 PM
-I want a close-knit, tuna can culture.

Know where you can find that and you should fit in pretty well

Couscous
27-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Oh, and a community advisory board. Get some commonsense advice from good thinkers around town. That Bob Dillon has a good head on his shoulders. People of his ilk.

Jeterpool
27-05-2015, 10:13 PM
Oh, and a community advisory board. Get some commonsense advice from good thinkers around town. That Bob Dillon has a good head on his shoulders. People of his ilk.

You should be happy the Victory won this year. We haven't seen you around for a while

lquiquer
27-05-2015, 10:17 PM
I think we should go after Gerard Houllier .... He is not doing much at the moment, just head of all Red Bull teams lol (newy red bull).... And that should make all our Pool fans happy :brrr:

furns
27-05-2015, 11:51 PM

I wouldn't worry about that. Now that Tinks had been run out of town, "Bob" will go back to hating the Jets as usual.

Couscous
28-05-2015, 12:07 AM
You should be happy the Victory won this year. We haven't seen you around for a while

Nah, I'm an almost Newy fan. I felt no joy after the grand final. It's just that, like thousands of other almost Newy fans, I was driven away by the Stubbins shenanigans.

They're over now, so us fairweather folk are back.

MFKS
28-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Nah, I'm an almost Newy fan. I felt no joy after the grand final. It's just that, like thousands of other almost Newy fans, I was driven away by the Stubbins shenanigans.

They're over now, so us fairweather folk are back.

So your a plastic fan are you??:facepalm:

Couscous
28-05-2015, 09:34 AM
So your a plastic fan are you??:facepalm:

I don't see that as a derogatory term. We can't all be diehards. The club needs its plastics, its occasionals and its almosts, too. We are all part of the Newcastle [brand] FC family.

MFKS
28-05-2015, 11:02 AM
I don't see that as a derogatory term. We can't all be diehards. The club needs its plastics, its occasionals and its almosts, too. We are all part of the Newcastle [brand] FC family.

I would like to respond to that but quite frankly I have nothing. :fright:

A plastic fan accepting being a plastic fan?? FMD :wtf:

I never thought I would live long enough to see the day :sigh:

lquiquer
28-05-2015, 03:37 PM
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/strip-change-are-jets-returning-golden-age?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fourfourtwo_autopost
There will be changes... I like Gold

Guerny
28-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Oh FFS NO!... I hate that gold pox!

Emerald and Cinnamon has more historical significance to Newcastle football than anything this blow in 10 yr old "A league" and it's franchisees has ever dished up.

plague
28-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Henny Penny are gonna sponsor us.

RAM
28-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Oh FFS NO!... I hate that gold pox!

Emerald and Cinnamon has more historical significance to Newcastle football than anything this blow in 10 yr old "A league" and it's franchisees has ever dished up.

Too bad its looks like shit.

The Dunster
28-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Henny Penny are gonna sponsor us.

BP or gtfo.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAyNFg3Mjc=/z/MEEAAMXQAEFSGdZ0/$(KGrHqJ,!nYFIJ61lfvsBSGdZ0Th+g~~60_35.JPG

Guerny
28-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Too bad its looks like shit.

Just change our name to the "golden showers" and be done with it all then...

MFKS
28-05-2015, 05:12 PM
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/strip-change-are-jets-returning-golden-age?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fourfourtwo_autopost
There will be changes... I like Gold

Missed in that are Dates for the forums

18th June >> Members

24th June >> Fans

Now being that I have a forum all to myself it would appear what do you want discussed on your behalf :rof:before you plebs are allowed into the second one :rof:

ToddG NBUnited
28-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Emerald and Cinnamon (Newcastle city colours) for home, Black and white away (NNSWF rep colours) with Gold incorporated into each for the Jets championship

Sign Griff

stopper2
28-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Damien de Bohun in reference to the coaching role in todays Herald: "It requires someone who understands where the community is at and who can really engage the community".....WTF!!!

Just curious did Adelaide go for Gombau because he understood and knew how to engage with the community???
They picked him because he had a vision and a direction on how he wanted the team to play and a philosphy on football that the Adelaide board wanted him to implement. From what I can gather when I watch Adelaide matches, the supporters love him for the style the team plays and the passion and humility he brings as a human being.

Results on the pitch and plain old honesty and decency as a person, we get a coach like that then the connection will be 15,000 members!!!

furns
28-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Damien de Bohun in reference to the coaching role in todays Herald: "It requires someone who understands where the community is at and who can really engage the community".....WTF!!!

Just curious did Adelaide go for Gombau because he understood and knew how to engage with the community???
They picked him because he had a vision and a direction on how he wanted the team to play and a philosphy on football that the Adelaide board wanted him to implement. From what I can gather when I watch Adelaide matches, the supporters love him for the style the team plays and the passion and humility he brings as a human being.

Results on the pitch and plain old honesty and decency as a person, we get a coach like that then the connection will be 15,000 members!!!

Agree. We tried that with GVE 2.0 and it failed miserably. Just get a decent coach in and Mark Jones as an assistant. Leave the community engagement to Murphy - its his bloody job.

Blackmac79
28-05-2015, 07:46 PM
I want a club where I can go and forget my shit week for 90.

MFKS
28-05-2015, 08:14 PM
I want a club where I can go and forget my shit week for 90.

You do realise you should be looking outside of Newy for this??

stopper2
28-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Agree. We tried that with GVE 2.0 and it failed miserably. Just get a decent coach in and Mark Jones as an assistant. Leave the community engagement to Murphy - its his bloody job.

Jones more than anyone of the "local" connection deserves to be involved. I just hope sanity prevails and he is like you said Furns appointed assistant or at the very least Youth coach.

TheBrisbaneNovocastrian
28-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Alright.
So, first of all, I would love to see some better community engagement. I know it's something that others have touched on, but it's vital.
The club needs to - in my opinion - employ someone whose sole job is community engagement. Now, I apologise in advance, but living in Brisbane and seeing the changes the Roar have made over the last few years, it's not difficult to see why their membership base and their general appeal in the city is increasing (of course, winning helps..).

They brought in someone whose sole role with the club was to engage the local clubs, and work alongside an already existing "Supporter Liaison Officer". Things like the occasional free ticket, getting some players to club awards nights, etc. have all gone a long way over the last 4 or 5 years - so much so that they're starting to expand it toward the Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast.

Start the kids young, drag their parents along, give them a ticket for a mate from school and watch the attendance grow steadily again.

TheBrisbaneNovocastrian
28-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Basically I just want to see a club that's proud to represent the Hunter, and that the people of the Hunter can be proud of.
I don't want us to be some "token regional club" (ie. like the Gypos) that the FFA prop up to make it seem like it gives a shit about what goes on outside the capitals.

Whether they wear Emerald (preferably), Gold, or Red/Blue, each player should know that it's an HONOUR to represent Newcastle and it's very rich football history.

Jeterpool
28-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Basically I just want to see a club that's proud to represent the Hunter, and that the people of the Hunter can be proud of.
I don't want us to be some "token regional club" (ie. like the Gypos) that the FFA prop up to make it seem like it gives a shit about what goes on outside the capitals.

Whether they wear Emerald (preferably), Gold, or Red/Blue, each player should know that it's an HONOUR to represent Newcastle and it's very rich football history.

Welcome. Great first two posts.

If the new entity is going to have money spent on backroom staff, you idea certainly has merit and is proven in the league.

furns
28-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Alright.
So, first of all, I would love to see some better community engagement. I know it's something that others have touched on, but it's vital.
The club needs to - in my opinion - employ someone whose sole job is community engagement. Now, I apologise in advance, but living in Brisbane and seeing the changes the Roar have made over the last few years, it's not difficult to see why their membership base and their general appeal in the city is increasing (of course, winning helps..).

They brought in someone whose sole role with the club was to engage the local clubs, and work alongside an already existing "Supporter Liaison Officer". Things like the occasional free ticket, getting some players to club awards nights, etc. have all gone a long way over the last 4 or 5 years - so much so that they're starting to expand it toward the Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast.

Start the kids young, drag their parents along, give them a ticket for a mate from school and watch the attendance grow steadily again.

As Jeterpool said - welcome to the foz.
And great points.

Would read again.

RAM
29-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Just change our name to the "golden showers" and be done with it all then...

http://www.footballanarchy.net/forum/images/smilies/poundit.gif

MFKS
29-05-2015, 01:55 PM
JETS members will be given a chance to tell the FFA what they want from the Hunter's A-League outfit at three forums in June.

The forums will be held for business leaders, members and Northern NSW Football's community on June 10, June 18 and June 24 respectively.

The forums for members and the football community will also be run virtually through social media to allow those unable to physically attend to contribute, with online surveys also underway.

A-League boss Damien de Bohun said the FFA was committed to keeping the Hunter at the heart of the new club.

“Clubs exist for their members, fans and the wider community,” said de Bohun.

“Listening to these people is more than consultation, it’s about putting the culture, values and aspirations of Newcastle and Northern NSW into the way the Jets act and think.”

Members are urged to pre-register for the June 18 forum, with details on that process still to be confirmed, while the business event will be invite-only.

Northern NSW Football chief executive David Eland said the engagement was "unprecedented in the A-League era".

“These three forums will provide the FFA and Newcastle Jets administration with a clear understanding of the Newcastle community’s expectations of the new club," Eland said.

"It’s exciting times for the whole game in the region.”

There it is

Officially now

stopper2
29-05-2015, 06:34 PM
^^^^^
Might as well get in early and recommend that the 2nd and 3rd Forums are held in the evening. That would be the most logical thing to do as couldn't imagine too many people making it if they are on during the day because of work commitments.

furns
29-05-2015, 08:15 PM
They wouldn't schedule a forum for supporters during a weekday. As it's on a Thursday I am guessing it will be evening.

tha_hauss
29-05-2015, 09:27 PM
- Club values - Humility, Effort, Ambition, Respect, Teamwork - I want more than a team that gives 100% on the field, I want skill, guile, class, and players who kiss the badge and celebrate with the fans. The Jets should represent everything good about football, not just one aspect.
- Structure - Majority owner who will offer ownership to supporters in the club - the money from supporters can go towards supporter facilities that have never been built (see below)
- As mentioned above by someone else. The club should definitely have a supporter liason who is a real advocate within the club for supporter interests and is on all important management committees. I don't care if they work 1 day a week so long as they are passionate for connecting supporters to the club - no PR/Marketing types need apply, and should be segregated from commercial roles so there is no conflict of interest between pleasing supporters and sponsors.
- The club start investing in/partnering with a facility near the stadium for supporters, and possibly admin facilities. This should include a bar with memorabilia, a museum, and some of its tennis courts should be turned into futsal courts. Use said money above from supporter investment in the club to make it top notch.
- As GazFish already knows, adorn the Stadium with our rich heritage to make it our home. No point calling it a fortress if we do not make it look like our home first.
- Financial - the club should communicate how it plans to keep out of financial trouble, should have strategies for major sponsorships, and we should know what the financial status is (especially if part owners) no more of this $20 million in debt being revealed when the club goes belly up and then blaming Newcastle for it or made to feel like we owe the owner something. You can hide all the detail if you want, just give us a financial summary of some sort. Revenue is this, Expenses is that.
- Playing strip should be top quality. I don't care what brand but you have to look the part to play the part. Of all merchandise the playing strip generates the most pride in the team. It should be mint.
- Respect (as per the values above) the players who leave. No legend of the club should EVER AGAIN leave this club in disgrace, with a cloud around their motives, or with a one line media release as their farewell.
- Ritual - Brooksey once suggested that a new player's shirt should be unveiled at the Civic Park fountain. He based this on the affinity that Atletico Madrid fans have with the Neptuno fountain in Madrid. I think this is a great idea. The clubs PR people have never understood ritual. Make special announcements at the fountain, or on the City Hall steps overlooking the fountain. This is where we celebrated our championship win. The Jets used to be a club that tried things, were out in the community among the people. Then under Tinkler they all hid under their desks.
- I don't want to ever hear a person from the club say that they want to move on from the past. There were good times and bad times in the past and we lived it.
- The football media ALWAYS say - the Hunter has a rich history of football from the days of British migrants to the coalfields. CLUE: this is our point of difference. No need for a cliché like "Australia's newest oldest club". We have the history always with us. You wouldn't know it looking at the Jets of today. Learn how to build on this solid foundation.
- No more "Believe, Unite, Join the Fight". Can we have something with a bit more style and depth and truth? If not, then just say "Memberships 2015/16 - on sale now"
- Finally, we need to acknowledge that the Knights corner the market on the "working class town" thing. The Jets are creating a new culture that is something more than this. The Jets used to be, in the early days, cosmopolitan, flashy, cunning as well as gritty and solid. The club needs to be a bit more sophisticated than the Knights if we are to fully move out of their shadow. The club should remember this when it rolls out its football clichés. Don't keep trying to appeal to our working class roots. We are building on those roots but Newcastle supporters are more diverse than this.

JetRift
29-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Hows it going boys, new kid on the block here.
I want:
- Mulvey as head coach. We're not in a position were we can gamble on a coach like Rudan or Vidmar. We need a guy who can deliver results.
- Bit of a controversial one, stick with the red and blue. Don't get me wrong I am in no way a Rugby League fan but the red and blue is a symbol of sport in Newcastle. Our logo itself is red and blue. Also i'm sick of seeing an array of red, blue, gold, green, white and black in the stands. Stick with the colours. Stay consistent.
- Community engagement is crucial. Regular visits to schools and local teams along with running football clinics is vital to unity of the clubs community.
- No music before the match. Let our voices be heard.
- Make GVE the youth coach. Love him or hate him, you cant deny this bloke can manage youth.
- Keep Jones as the strength and conditioning coach. Guy is way overqualified.
- Greater relationship with Northern NSW Football. Northern NSW is a goldmine of young talents. Regular scouting for the youth, woman's and emerging Jets sides could only be beneficial.
- Move headquarters permanently to Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility. Fantastic facility in our own backyard. Why aren't we utilising it?

furns
29-05-2015, 09:58 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the foz. I have dealt with your points below

Hows it going boys, new kid on the block here.
I want:
- Mulvey as head coach. We're not in a position were we can gamble on a coach like Rudan or Vidmar. We need a guy who can deliver results. did Mulvey show be could build his own team? He won a championship yes, but it was Ange's team
- Bit of a controversial one, stick with the red and blue. Don't get me wrong I am in no way a Rugby League fan but the red and blue is a symbol of sport in Newcastle. Our logo itself is red and blue. Also i'm sick of seeing an array of red, blue, gold, green, white and black in the stands. Stick with the colours. Stay consistent. agree stick with a colour, but not red & blue. That was only ever the Knights colours, the colours of our city is emerald & cinnamon
- Community engagement is crucial. Regular visits to schools and local teams along with running football clinics is vital to unity of the clubs community. agreed
- No music before the match. Let our voices be heard.agreed
- Make GVE the youth coach. Love him or hate him, you cant deny this bloke can manage youth.absolutely not. If he was that good a youth coach the AIS would have kept him
- Keep Jones as the strength and conditioning coach. Guy is way overqualified.absolutely
- Greater relationship with Northern NSW Football. Northern NSW is a goldmine of young talents. Regular scouting for the youth, woman's and emerging Jets sides could only be beneficial. absolutely
- Move headquarters permanently to Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility. Fantastic facility in our own backyard. Why aren't we utilising it? we can't use it totally due to the lack of a gym and sports science facilities. We need the total package which is why the Uni is currently the best location. But down the line a complete setup should be implemented at LMRFF

All good points though

stopper2
29-05-2015, 10:03 PM
- Club values - Humility, Effort, Ambition, Respect, Teamwork - I want more than a team that gives 100% on the field, I want skill, guile, class, and players who kiss the badge and celebrate with the fans. The Jets should represent everything good about football, not just one aspect.
- Structure - Majority owner who will offer ownership to supporters in the club - the money from supporters can go towards supporter facilities that have never been built (see below)
- As mentioned above by someone else. The club should definitely have a supporter liason who is a real advocate within the club for supporter interests and is on all important management committees. I don't care if they work 1 day a week so long as they are passionate for connecting supporters to the club - no PR/Marketing types need apply, and should be segregated from commercial roles so there is no conflict of interest between pleasing supporters and sponsors.
- The club start investing in/partnering with a facility near the stadium for fans. This should include a bar with memorabilia, a museum, and some of its tennis courts should be turned into futsal courts. Use said money above from supporter investment in the club to make it top notch.
- As GazFish already knows, adorn the Stadium with our rich heritage to make it our home. No point calling it a fortress if we do not make it look like our home first.
- Financial - the club should communicate how it plans to keep out of financial trouble, should have strategies for major sponsorships, and we should know what the financial status is (especially if part owners) no more of this $20 million in debt being revealed when the club goes belly up and then blaming Newcastle for it or made to feel like we owe the owner something.
- Playing strip should be top quality. I don't care what brand but you have to look the part to play the part. Of all merchandise the playing strip generates the most pride in the team. It should be mint.
- Respect (as per the values above) the players who leave. No legend of the club should EVER AGAIN leave this club in disgrace, with a cloud around their motives, or with a one line media release as their farewell.
- Ritual - Brooksey once suggested that a new player's shirt should be unveiled at the Civic Park fountain. He based this on the affinity that Atletico Madrid fans have with the Neptuno fountain in Madrid. I think this is a great idea. The clubs PR people have never understood ritual. Make special announcements at the fountain, or on the City Hall steps overlooking the fountain. This is where we celebrated our championship win.
- I don't want to ever hear a person from the club say that they want to move on from the past. There were good times and bad times in the past and we lived it.
- The football media ALWAYS say - the Hunter has a rich history of football from the days of British migrants to the coalfields. CLUE: this is our point of difference. No need for a cliché like "Australia's newest oldest club". We have the history always with us. You wouldn't know it looking at the Jets of today. Learn how to build on this solid foundation.
- No more "Believe, Unite, Join the Fight". Can we have something with a bit more style and depth and truth? If not, then just say "Memberships 2015/16 - on sale now"
- Finally, we need to acknowledge that the Knights corner the market on the "working class town" thing. The Jets are creating a new culture that is something more than this. The Jets used to be, in the early days, cosmopolitan, flashy, cunning as well as gritty and solid. The club needs to be a bit more sophisticated than the Knights if we are to fully move out of their shadow. The club should remember this when it rolls out its football clichés. Don't keep trying to appeal to our working class roots. We are building on those roots but Newcastle supporters are more diverse than this.

Well done Hauss, someone who takes the time and to go into detail of what he believes this club should stand for deserves a big pat on the back.
I pretty much agree with all the points you have put forth.
The end result should be that we want to build a club where people of the Hunter and beyond are proud of and want to be part of.....WANT TO BE PART OF....is the key.

JetRift
29-05-2015, 10:27 PM
Cheers mate. Don't think that's an entirely fair comment on Mulvey though. Brisbane were a shambles under Rado. Mulvey completely turned that squad around. Many of Ange's players moved on when he arrived, e.g. Murdocca, Paartalu, Fitzgerald, Nichols, Jurman, Halloran, Visconte. The signings of Miller, North, Yeboah, Clut etc proves that he is more than capable to create his own squad. Rudan's a good bloke and knows his stuff but does he have the character to come into this mess and fully rejuvenate the team? Considering Sydney United 58 finished 9th last season I would rather Mulvey any day of the week.

MFKS
29-05-2015, 10:43 PM
Cheers mate. Don't think that's an entirely fair comment on Mulvey though. Brisbane were a shambles under Rado. Mulvey completely turned that squad around. Many of Ange's players moved on when he arrived, e.g. Murdocca, Paartalu, Fitzgerald, Nichols, Jurman, Halloran, Visconte. The signings of Miller, North, Yeboah, Clut etc proves that he is more than capable to create his own squad. Rudan's a good bloke and knows his stuff but does he have the character to come into this mess and fully rejuvenate the team? Considering Sydney United 58 finished 9th last season I would rather Mulvey any day of the week.

You do realise he though did lose the respect of his players for being an arrogant so and so??

Being that we have had GVE and Muppet now do exactly the same with the attitude arrogance etc do we really want to go down the same road again with an arrogant manager with people skill issues???

tha_hauss
30-05-2015, 08:15 AM
agree stick with a colour, but not red & blue. That was only ever the Knights colours, the colours of our city is emerald & cinnamon

This whole question of colours is such a mess. Just look on facebook, everyone has a different opinion.

I'm don't really have a strong position on this issue. I can see other people's points and would tend to lean with those who are most passionate about it. But:

- The Stadium is red and blue. If we don't adopt red and blue in some way it will always look like we are not playing in our own stadium. The stadium owners will never turn it into a mix of red and blue and emerald and cinnamon.
- Apparently the story goes that the Knights chose Red and Blue because that was the sporting colours of Newcastle Boys High? If so, those colours extend to before the Knights and if we can dig up in the annals of history some link between Newcastle Boys High and football we might be able to legitimise the colour choice.
- Gold looked good on the field. It looks good in photos when you use photoshop to adjust the brightness, otherwise it can look dull
- Gold looked really bad in the stands, particularly because most cheap merchandise was not gold but a really bland beige colour.
- Gold highlights looks really good on the red and blue strip
- Emerald and Cinnamon looks great. I would love for it to play a part in the future. With the emerald and cinnamon as the away strip, it was like the players taking Newcastle with them into enemy territory. You need your flag more when you are away from home than when you are at home.
- I thought that we got the balance right last season, with a red blue and gold home strip and an E&C away strip. The only problem was that the Red and Blue strip looked tacky. If we had a top quality strip I would be much happier.
- I think to have a proper conversation about the colours, we need to get over the fact that Tinkler imposed the change on us with no consultation. It is interesting that the FFA have already chosen our next strip without consultation, and a lot of fans seem opposed to returning to the gold. This could end up being messy too.

Pico
30-05-2015, 08:47 AM
If the red and blue was to remain for the love of god change the shades of blue and red so they actually complement each other.

Colours don't really matter, not when the BLK designs are as woeful as they have been in the past.

MFKS
30-05-2015, 08:54 AM
This whole question of colours is such a mess. Just look on facebook, everyone has a different opinion.

I'm don't really have a strong position on this issue. I can see other people's points and would tend to lean with those who are most passionate about it. But:

- The Stadium is red and blue. If we don't adopt red and blue in some way it will always look like we are not playing in our own stadium. The stadium owners will never turn it into a mix of red and blue and emerald and cinnamon.

Aami park is green Don't see any issues with Victree or Heart wanting to wear green to make it look like they are playing in their stadium.

Shittounge all grey

Perth also has a lot of green

Brisbane have a mix of maroon and yellow.

It ain't an issue for them so it should have no bearing on us.

As for our colour debate no shit we are not gonna agree. Too many differing opinions.
Some love the E&C some love the gold some want the blue/red

Issue is really window dressing and we will support them regardless of colours.

Whatever we do though with them we need to actually pick them and stick to them and stop changing them.

I see the need to change now as many associate blue/red with Tinkler and him stripping us of the gold.

Opportunity is available to change. We either take it or we don't

tha_hauss
30-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Aami park is green Don't see any issues with Victree or Heart wanting to wear green to make it look like they are playing in their stadium.

Shittounge all grey

Perth also has a lot of green

Brisbane have a mix of maroon and yellow.

It ain't an issue for them so it should have no bearing on us.

As for our colour debate no shit we are not gonna agree. Too many differing opinions.
Some love the E&C some love the gold some want the blue/red

Issue is really window dressing and we will support them regardless of colours.

Whatever we do though with them we need to actually pick them and stick to them and stop changing them.

I see the need to change now as many associate blue/red with Tinkler and him stripping us of the gold.

Opportunity is available to change. We either take it or we don't

No, the opportunity is available to choose, not necessarily to change. When Tinkler took over, I saw us moving predominantly to Red and Blue. I was quickly shot down by Timmy V and I was angry with the way the club did it, although I liked that the supporters forced them to make gold part of the kit.

In all those examples, you miss the point that those stadium colours are neutral colours, and they were chosen specifically so they wouldn't favour one particular club. Whereas the Stadium colours in Newcastle were specifically chosen to represent the club that plays in the stadium - the Knights. Brisbane has the same issue with the Broncos. Not only that, but their stadium is way too big for them. As I said earlier, I'm not too fussed. Let the supporters as a whole decide. But if you have a preference for certain colours, you should be able to say why and that reason should make sense.

You would have to ask George Liolio the full reason why gold was chosen, but from conversations I had with him, I believe that it was because he liked the look of New Orleans Saints or some other NFL team that wears gold, and he liked to stand out and be different. So the story with gold goes something along those lines.

Emerald & Cinnamon has a much clearer story of being associated with our city and with KB United.

Red Blue and Gold has its own story. The way I see it, the red and blue (as Joe Public will tell you) are the colours of sporting clubs in Newcastle, and the gold is our bit of rebellion against the Knights to distinguish us from them.

What I would hope for, is that if we choose colours, we say why. If it makes sense, I'm happy.

People who say Black & White because it is NNSWFF colours, those colours have no symbolism to the wider Newcastle public. There is not enough meaning behind them.

MFKS
30-05-2015, 09:31 AM
No, the opportunity is available to choose, not necessarily to change. When Tinkler took over, I saw us moving predominantly to Red and Blue. I was quickly shot down by Timmy V and I was angry with the way the club did it, although I liked that the supporters forced them to make gold part of the kit.

In all those examples, you miss the point that those stadium colours are neutral colours, and they were chosen specifically so they wouldn't favour one particular club. Whereas the Stadium colours in Newcastle were specifically chosen to represent the club that plays in the stadium - the Knights. Brisbane has the same issue with the Broncos. Not only that, but their stadium is way too big for them. As I said earlier, I'm not too fussed. Let the supporters as a whole decide. But if you have a preference for certain colours, you should be able to say why and that reason should make sense.

You would have to ask George Liolio the full reason why gold was chosen, but from conversations I had with him, I believe that it was because he liked the look of New Orleans Saints or some other NFL team that wears gold, and he liked to stand out and be different. So the story with gold goes something along those lines.

Emerald & Cinnamon has a much clearer story of being associated with our city and with KB United.

Red Blue and Gold has its own story. The way I see it, the red and blue (as Joe Public will tell you) are the colours of sporting clubs in Newcastle, and the gold is our bit of rebellion against the Knights to distinguish us from them.

What I would hope for, is that if we choose colours, we say why. If it makes sense, I'm happy.

People who say Black & White because it is NNSWFF colours, those colours have no symbolism to the wider Newcastle public. There is not enough meaning behind them.

Blue/Red
E&C
Gold

All have a story behind it. All can be used as justifiable reasons.

Blue/Red Origninal Newcastle United colours . Breakers colours. Sporting teams Newy colours
Can argue semantics about the Knights but reality is we do have a connection to the colours anyway

E&C - KB colours and the Newy colours of shit on grass etc

Gold - Jets colours Championship win etc

All have a justifiable claim as being valid and all we can back up with reasons why

Black and White totally agree about no need for them. **** Northern. I also think when the club is called Newcastle UNITED we shouldn't have black and white being that a shit EPL club called Newcastle UNITED also play in those colours. Me I feel no attachment to Newcastle UK whatsoever regardless of whether they and us share the same name for our cities

On another note one thing I would actually like to see changed is the dropping of the term UNITED from our name COMPLETELY.
I know we are normally referred to as Newcastle Jets but I would seriously like to see us disassociate ourselves from the term united.

Run a ****ing google search on Newcastle United and see what comes up.

We don't get a ****ing mention

Run a google search on Newcastle Jets and you will find shit involving a shit EPL side in there.

Time to stand out from the pack and have no dispute with anyone on the planet as to who we are

tha_hauss
30-05-2015, 09:51 AM

That's why I think gold is important. I see it as a colour of the Jets trying to differentiate themselves, and then a colour of a Chamipionship winning team, and then standing up to Tinkler to say that this is our club and it must be on the shirt, and then an act of protest in the mishandling of the club.

But I don't think it is a primary colour. It looks great as a colour to embellish the red and blue kit and the E & C kit.

q-money
30-05-2015, 10:43 AM
good governance and match winning football and y00f development should be what is sanctified here, over colours

and anyway, why can't we just have three strips, like every other club in the world does

red & blue home with a gold trim
green & brown
gold third kit

there is space for 3 in the double eff ay rules, why don't we just use it? cycle the away strips around every couple of years or something.

just stop losing every week and i guarantee this will all go away

baldrick
30-05-2015, 12:00 PM
- The club start investing in/partnering with a facility near the stadium for supporters, and possibly admin facilities. This should include a bar with memorabilia, a museum, and some of its tennis courts should be turned into futsal courts. Use said money above from supporter investment in the club to make it top notch.
- Financial - the club should communicate how it plans to keep out of financial trouble, should have strategies for major sponsorships, and we should know what the financial status is (especially if part owners) no more of this $20 million in debt being revealed when the club goes belly up and then blaming Newcastle for it or made to feel like we owe the owner something. You can hide all the detail if you want, just give us a financial summary of some sort. Revenue is this, Expenses is that.
- Ritual - Brooksey once suggested that a new player's shirt should be unveiled at the Civic Park fountain. He based this on the affinity that Atletico Madrid fans have with the Neptuno fountain in Madrid. I think this is a great idea. The clubs PR people have never understood ritual. Make special announcements at the fountain, or on the City Hall steps overlooking the fountain. This is where we celebrated our championship win. The Jets used to be a club that tried things, were out in the community among the people. Then under Tinkler they all hid under their desks.

I vote for tha_hauss to be next CEO of Newcastle football.

Great ideas here mate.

tha_hauss
30-05-2015, 12:29 PM
good governance and match winning football and y00f development should be what is sanctified here, over colours

and anyway, why can't we just have three strips, like every other club in the world does

red & blue home with a gold trim
green & brown
gold third kit

there is space for 3 in the double eff ay rules, why don't we just use it? cycle the away strips around every couple of years or something.

just stop losing every week and i guarantee this will all go away

q-money, you always come up with a pearl of wisdom.

Hunter403
30-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Okay,
* A charter of values
* club supporter liaison officer
* Charter of financial responsibility
* A policy of not lying to supporters
* a deeper engagement with the community
* a deeper engagement with the Junior Jets programme
* As the players do not train all day, every day, every player to be assigned a local club and team as an assistant coach. Say under 12s to aid in identifying local junior talent
*Junior Jets to include a scholarship system for those families without the means to pay the high cost of programme participation
* Players to acknowledge the fans as a priority after each match; not 20 minutes after full time.
* I like the idea of ritual. Presentation of the shirt in an iconic Newy location.
* Create an atmosphere. Something like "This is Anfield" sign
* Regular member forums where fans can have their say. Supporters are happy if they are heard, even if the club doesn't necessarily follow up on the fans point of view
* Closer engagement with business. Make national companies understand that we get just as much air time as every other team and that as such we are value for the advertising dollar
* Investigate the long term goal of a home. Partnership with the tennis club perhaps?
* Two strips: emerald and cinnamon ( the colours of our city) and the gold in line with our historic win.
* Appropriate acknowledgement of club stalwarts and servants such as Griff, BK and Regan (when they leave or retire)
* A policy of grow your own talent. The current junior jets is just not good enough. The coaching is not good enough and the it is not yet producing future talent.

I'm sure there is more but that is all for now.

Bluebeard
30-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Jets membership with a child sponsorship option
I would like us as a community club in Australia (new model) to consider offering Jets members an option to pay an additional dollar amount on their membership that would go towards sponsoring two children (one male & one female) within the World Vision Program.
Along the way updates from World Vision & letters / photos from the children could be posted on the Jets webpage so members and the community at large can see the positive difference being made.
With potentially 10,000 members or more and sponsorship being approximately $100.00 a month, I believe the Newcastle football community can make a long term commitment to two young people somewhere in the world.
How good would it be if the club and players also committed to the program, uniting all of us in a common purpose other than winning a football match?
There are already larger and quite successful schemes in place such as the 'One Goal: Nutrition for Every Child' campaign and the UEFA / Red Cross partnership.
Ours is obviously a smaller program but never the less a valued and important commitment to others by the fans / club.

NUGUNS
30-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Get rid of bloody gimmicks like pet memberships.

MFKS
30-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Jets membership with a child sponsorship option
I would like us as a community club in Australia (new model) to consider offering Jets members an option to pay an additional dollar amount on their membership that would go towards sponsoring two children (one male & one female) within the World Vision Program.
Along the way updates from World Vision & letters / photos from the children could be posted on the Jets webpage so members and the community at large can see the positive difference being made.
With potentially 10,000 members or more and sponsorship being approximately $100.00 a month, I believe the Newcastle football community can make a long term commitment to two young people somewhere in the world.
How good would it be if the club and players also committed to the program, uniting all of us in a common purpose other than winning a football match?
There are already larger and quite successful schemes in place such as the 'One Goal: Nutrition for Every Child' campaign and the UEFA / Red Cross partnership.
Ours is obviously a smaller program but never the less a valued and important commitment to others by the fans / club.

I have massive issues with these so called charities and where the money really goes.

Pico
30-05-2015, 06:23 PM
That's why I think gold is important. I see it as a colour of the Jets trying to differentiate themselves, and then a colour of a Chamipionship winning team, and then standing up to Tinkler to say that this is our club and it must be on the shirt, and then an act of protest in the mishandling of the club.

But I don't think it is a primary colour. It looks great as a colour to embellish the red and blue kit and the E & C kit.

What could be more perfect than taking the clubs colours and embracing the E & C of our city in 2015, exactly 100 years after the 35th Battalion "Newcastle's Own" formed, the FFA should be looking to create an identity for the Jets, something the red and blue will never give us (its why I loved the gold) what better than "Newcastle Own".

lquiquer
30-05-2015, 07:48 PM

Buzz won't be happy :angry:

stopper2
30-05-2015, 10:24 PM
I want to see more transparency and accountability, especially in the way people are appointed to roles. For example Pascoe held the role of head of Football at Hunter Sports High for a number of years and then also stepped into the Jets Youth team coaching role, is this okay or is this giving one individual too much control? My opinion is the latter, think about it, that is why over the past few years we have seen a number of lads come up from Sydney High Schools to attend Hunter Sports High and at the same time play in the Jets Youth team. Pretty apparent that one person has been able to do this, pretty much on his own wim.

Also if you are in a coaching role at the club you cannot be acting also as an agent for a third party. This is bullshit and something that Baartz and Middleby knew was happening but like has been mentioned before the club had become like a "boys club" with mates being allowed to run their own agendas with no consequences.
If we are going to become a truly professional club, this sort of rubbish can't be tolerated anymore.

Beeen
31-05-2015, 02:14 AM

My dog just said **** up. He's a member. legit

croy
01-06-2015, 10:33 PM
hey lads, another long-time lurker here. over my few years at uni so far one thing i've noticed is that there is a shit tonne of people wearing kits from euro clubs as well as the jets, leading me to believe there is a decent market to tap here. a partnership with the uni (discounted memberships, free students days, discounted drinks, shit like that) would be beneficial in the sense that it'd target a group of people who are interested in the sport and have a decent amount of spare time to kill. as an aside to this, hit up clubs like the jaffas and whatnot and give them free tickets to games every so often. get some crowd numbers happening. knights games are quickly becoming a crap place to take the family, capitalise on that.

as well as that, i know someone said it before, but any steps to make the pre-game and half-time shit less... awful, are beneficial. the announcer, although i'm sure he's a nice bloke, sounds like a knob. the music is too loud and drowns out any crowd noise. speaking of crowd noise, incentivise people to get into the active support side of things. song sheets etc., liven up the atmosphere in a way that seems organic as opposed to some dude on a loudspeaker yelling crap and then blasting kanye west and inxs and whatnot.

*please* serve better beers. i know stadium beer has a reputation for being pants but what is served is awful.

if you're going to keep the red and blue please stop pissing about with it. last year's kit was an abomination with those gradient stripes. solid stripes only. look at crystal palace's kit and replace the yellow on their kit with gold. with the right sponsor on the front (who will our sponsor be for the next season?) it'll look mint and i won't be ashamed to wear it outside. shit, even look at palace's previous kits (the ones sponsored by gac, which were one side red and one side blue, split down the middle, with yellow accents), they weren't half bad. keep the emerald/cinnamon kit as an away or third kit, but again do it justice. the BLK kits are gross. splash out and get nike to do it or someone like that. the 'lowest bidder wins' approach for something that stands out as much as the kit is ridiculous and makes us look cheap. i hate the wanderers as a club but their kits don't look half bad.

in the short term we need a reason for the average person to rock up. a lot of small, smart signings to build a good foundation are important in the long term but a proper marquee to get some sort of buzz going a la heskey would be mint. sign peter crouch and set up a deal with guzman y gomez where if crouchy scores there's half price nachos (www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzb5ZlTh2w) or something like that.

there's probably some other stuff i've left out but whatever. i wasn't a member last season so as far as i can tell i can't rock up to any of the forums that are happening, so this is the best i can do.

plague
01-06-2015, 10:56 PM
(discounted memberships, free students days, discounted drinks, shit like that)

if crouchy scores there's half price nachos (www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzb5ZlTh2w) or something like that.

This bloke is absolutely my new most fav poster.

You go get what's yours homeboy.

plague
01-06-2015, 10:58 PM
and if you haven't already seen, there's a 'politics thread' that I reackon you should come visit.

I'd say you've got some good stuff to add.

Welcome to the Foz.

croy
01-06-2015, 11:06 PM
and if you haven't already seen, there's a 'politics thread' that I reackon you should come visit.

I'd say you've got some good stuff to add.

Welcome to the Foz.

anything for you xo

hawk
01-06-2015, 11:43 PM

for historic value I'd really like to verify that story.

Newcastle was never gold (KB yellow was close) it was black coal and grey steel and maybe the old E&C.
I dont much like kissing confederate ass for some glam colours. not that any of this will matter, results 1st

hawk
01-06-2015, 11:46 PM
hey lads, another long-time lurker here. over my few years at uni so far one thing i've noticed is that there is a shit tonne of people wearing kits from euro clubs as well as the jets, leading me to believe there is a decent market to tap here. a partnership with the uni (discounted memberships, free students days, discounted drinks, shit like that) would be beneficial in the sense that it'd target a group of people who are interested in the sport and have a decent amount of spare time to kill. as an aside to this, hit up clubs like the jaffas and whatnot and give them free tickets to games every so often. get some crowd numbers happening. knights games are quickly becoming a crap place to take the family, capitalise on that.

as well as that, i know someone said it before, but any steps to make the pre-game and half-time shit less... awful, are beneficial. the announcer, although i'm sure he's a nice bloke, sounds like a knob. the music is too loud and drowns out any crowd noise. speaking of crowd noise, incentivise people to get into the active support side of things. song sheets etc., liven up the atmosphere in a way that seems organic as opposed to some dude on a loudspeaker yelling crap and then blasting kanye west and inxs and whatnot.

*please* serve better beers. i know stadium beer has a reputation for being pants but what is served is awful.

if you're going to keep the red and blue please stop pissing about with it. last year's kit was an abomination with those gradient stripes. solid stripes only. look at crystal palace's kit and replace the yellow on their kit with gold. with the right sponsor on the front (who will our sponsor be for the next season?) it'll look mint and i won't be ashamed to wear it outside. shit, even look at palace's previous kits (the ones sponsored by gac, which were one side red and one side blue, split down the middle, with yellow accents), they weren't half bad. keep the emerald/cinnamon kit as an away or third kit, but again do it justice. the BLK kits are gross. splash out and get nike to do it or someone like that. the 'lowest bidder wins' approach for something that stands out as much as the kit is ridiculous and makes us look cheap. i hate the wanderers as a club but their kits don't look half bad.

in the short term we need a reason for the average person to rock up. a lot of small, smart signings to build a good foundation are important in the long term but a proper marquee to get some sort of buzz going a la heskey would be mint. sign peter crouch and set up a deal with guzman y gomez where if crouchy scores there's half price nachos (www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzb5ZlTh2w) or something like that.

there's probably some other stuff i've left out but whatever. i wasn't a member last season so as far as i can tell i can't rock up to any of the forums that are happening, so this is the best i can do.

nice post. and agree with that overpriced sh1t they serve at the bar.

If there was $1 goon dips in the car park the students would flock. Fluids on Broady oval :) :)

MFKS
02-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Only one thing needed by the FFA overlords.
All this other stuff is just window dressing to keep the plastics happy

BRING BACK
THE GRIFF

stopper2
05-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Here is another one for the "Wish List".....
Don't think this has been mentioned but I think it has been proven over the past few years that 5pm afternoon kick offs between Nov-Mar are the least favoured by the majority of supporters.
Can understand ther are 9 other clubs in the comp and we can't get our own way but I think that we should at least try to get the majority of our games for Friday or Saturday evenings. The quality of football is usually better, as is always the atmosphere, so all in all it makes for a better matchday experience.

tha_hauss
05-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Also, watching Sydney FC play Tottenham and Chelsea on the weekend, I was delighted to see Sydney FC play their way out of problems on the field in an intelligent way. The main difference in teams was that each Premier League player was about a foot taller and about 5 km an hour faster and marginally better touch, but Sydney FC competed very well in football intelligence.

That is what I would want from a Jets team, not seeing them play to rote but taught to solve problems on the pitch. I assume you need both the quality of staff and quality of facilities to achieve this. So that is what I would wish for.

Jetmaster
05-06-2015, 03:04 PM
And....how about somebody else do the two trips to both Perth and Wellington in the same season for once.
It has looked like we have been used to fill in the gaps in the draw sometimes.

tha_hauss
05-06-2015, 03:30 PM
The Dez Geraldi comments should be taken seriously. Not about Stubbins but about the treatment of players who come to the club. No player on trial or newly arrived at the club should be treated like this: offerred at $20 note for the train? It's disgusting.

It speaks to me of a situation where someone else wanted to give the player a trial and GVE didn't, so basically ignored him when he turned up. All of these things matter to players - how they are treated on trial, how they are treated when they arrive, how they are treated when they leave, and players TALK. The club should be clear about who is responsible for looking after players in these situations. It shouldn't be left up to Craig Deans and his wallet.

A book on Performance Excellence that I read basically said that you should remove all obstacles to player performance so that can concentrate solely on playing at their peak. That involves the club officals and admin trying to anticipate what these problems might be and intercepting them, whether they be paying salary and superannuation on time, or delayed contract negotiations, or lack of concern over the upcoming birth of the players baby while they are playing in Wellington, or lack of concern for their mental health, or whatever.

Thomas477
05-06-2015, 03:32 PM
Re the 5pm kick offs, give them to the nix, it's about 7pm their time. Problem solved.

BodyNovo
05-06-2015, 05:46 PM
5pm is a shit time in the summer end off

Friday nights are by far my favourite fixture

MFKS
06-06-2015, 08:05 AM
One thing the NSL did that shits over the HAL.

Night time KO's

By the back end of it they all KO at night time

I can understand the need to cater to TV but for some reason we went from a 5:30pm KO to a 5pm KO on a Saturday last year. Why??

The heat playing conditions etc are always gonna be worse at 5pm and that effects spectacle which effects product etc

We should have went the other way and went 6pm KO with the later game KO at 8pm

Generally speaking the sting of a summers day is gone by 6pm 90% of the time. Ie that's why it is pleasant to be outside at this time of the evening as opposed to 3pm etc

stopper2
06-06-2015, 11:22 AM
The Dez Geraldi comments should be taken seriously. Not about Stubbins but about the treatment of players who come to the club. No player on trial or newly arrived at the club should be treated like this: offerred at $20 note for the train? It's disgusting.

It speaks to me of a situation where someone else wanted to give the player a trial and GVE didn't, so basically ignored him when he turned up. All of these things matter to players - how they are treated on trial, how they are treated when they arrive, how they are treated when they leave, and players TALK. The club should be clear about who is responsible for looking after players in these situations. It shouldn't be left up to Craig Deans and his wallet.

A book on Performance Excellence that I read basically said that you should remove all obstacles to player performance so that can concentrate solely on playing at their peak. That involves the club officals and admin trying to anticipate what these problems might be and intercepting them, whether they be paying salary and superannuation on time, or delayed contract negotiations, or lack of concern over the upcoming birth of the players baby while they are playing in Wellington, or lack of concern for their mental health, or whatever.

That last paragraph hauss sums up the deficiencies of the club to a tee and why we are essentially still run like a semi-professional outfit as compared to most of the other clubs. Players sole focus should be FOOTBALL and when you have a club like the Jets who has half the support staff that of your Victory's and SFC's all of a sudden all these "minor" things away from the football are starting to add up and playing on the player's minds.
It's also about getting the right people involved, people who are there for the players first and foremost. Heard a story about the former physio...think it was Rob Dingle....who had running battles with GVE over the players. He had the player's welfare 100% in his thoughts, as a result there were times when GVE would ask for a player recovering from injury to resume training. If Dingle in his position as team Physio thought the player was not ready, he would literally argue with GVE to the point where GVE would back down. This is the sort of people you want involved with the club, people who will do what is right by the players (and the club), not to just plod along and collect their paycheck every month and not step out of line because of fear of consequences. This is the culture of fear that Muppet was trying to instill at the club.....thank God he is gone!!!

stopper2
06-06-2015, 11:32 AM
One thing the NSL did that shits over the HAL.

Night time KO's

By the back end of it they all KO at night time

I can understand the need to cater to TV but for some reason we went from a 5:30pm KO to a 5pm KO on a Saturday last year. Why??

The heat playing conditions etc are always gonna be worse at 5pm and that effects spectacle which effects product etc

We should have went the other way and went 6pm KO with the later game KO at 8pm

Generally speaking the sting of a summers day is gone by 6pm 90% of the time. Ie that's why it is pleasant to be outside at this time of the evening as opposed to 3pm etc

In the hot months of between November to at least March, there should not be any games played before 6pm. Like you said Member the sting is usually gone by 6pm and as well the shadows from the Western Stand are prominent by then over the field.

In the past when I have had seats in the Eastern stand, for a 5pm kick off the heat has been unbearable and I have just gone and sat in the Western Stand. Reckon that sometimes the temperature would easily be mid-40's on those stinking hot afternoons in the stands facing the sun full-on and with the concrete reflecting it back.

Jetmaster
06-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Ahh...the famous 3pm kickoff v Wello in 45 degree heat a few years back. Eastern Stand was like a pizza oven.

lquiquer
22-07-2015, 11:32 PM
NEW: Member Benefits
Includes:
Priority purchase period for Jets finals matches
That will definitely be new :tongue:

stopper2
19-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Cast your mind back about 6-7 months ago, FFA had finally done the right thing and taken over the reigns, yes belatedly but still at least some hope was restored. The new coaching staff was announced, some new players were also announced and finally there was to be Forums whereby the Business community, Members and the general public were invited to discuss with then CEO Murphy, De Bohun and others the future direction of this embattled club.
Overall heading into the season there was a good feel about the place and the engagement between the players and the club in general was at the highest it has been for years. The last probably 6 weeks or so I am just starting to get that nagging feeling that the club is back in a rut and normal service has resumed.
Shouldn't the lines of communication that were opened between the club and fans/Business community during the 3 Forums be an ongoing thing?
This is just another example of how the FFA treats it's stakeholders as just customers. The discussions that were held back in May/June need to be revisited where we can at least look back on positives that have been achieved and what we need to improve on and keep working towards plus any new ideas from Members.
Wasn't it mentioned that Members would be voting on the colours for next season? As far as I was aware this was very high up on the agenda from both De Bohun and Murphy. If that's the case it is nearly January so when will this decision be made on the colours? As of yet I have heard nothing as such from the club. I believe there needs to be a time-frame of quite a few months so the kits are ready for the following season so wouldn't you think this should be getting sorted out very soon?
Another thing that I think we need to have answers about is why have we still got an "Interim" CEO in David Eland who as we all know doubles as the NNSW CEO??? I don't care what BS anyone tries to feed the media about this but a professional A League club needs a full-time CEO who gives 100% of his attention to his club. A short time-frame of maybe 2 months maximum doing both roles but not indefinitely.

hawk
20-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Overall heading into the season there was a good feel about the place and the engagement between the players and the club in general was at the highest it has been for years. The last probably 6 weeks or so I am just starting to get that nagging feeling that the club is back in a rut and normal service has resumed.

This.

The forums are to make the supports think they are included in goings on. They arent allowed to address the most important issues and feedback takes weeks or not at all and info is treated like an asio document. yes we have won the right to run onto the filed. its pandering and is kids stuff. no offence to the committee they are bound by some pitiful rules.

the club has recinded alot of the proposed hype at seasons start. We are better then last year but i could have achieved that

lquiquer
20-12-2015, 07:04 PM
Don't tell me they sold us a dream again??!!!... :whistling:

GazFish35
20-12-2015, 07:25 PM
This.

The forums are to make the supports think they are included in goings on. They arent allowed to address the most important issues and feedback takes weeks or not at all and info is treated like an asio document. yes we have won the right to run onto the filed. its pandering and is kids stuff. no offence to the committee they are bound by some pitiful rules.

the club has recinded alot of the proposed hype at seasons start. We are better then last year but i could have achieved that

What big issues would you like the committee to bring up with the club?

lquiquer
20-12-2015, 08:01 PM

Committee not allowed to discuss football ( squad, coaching, tactics, recruitment), I think that's what Hawk refers too... Nothing negative against committee, just the rules....

stopper2
20-12-2015, 10:15 PM

1/ How long is David Eland's "Interim" role as CEO going to last; next month, rest of season, till we get a new owner??? He can't do both roles idefinitely.
2/ Members were promised there would be a vote taking place for the team's playing strip for next year and beyond, some may not see this as an important issue but once and for all we have to decide what our colours are going to be; in 11 seasons we've gone from gold/navy to blue/red to now predominantly blue, compare this to most of the other A League clubs, apart from Roar and probably the Gypos (ha ha that palm tree kit) the rest have virtually remained unchanged in that time.

R Ramjet
21-12-2015, 07:33 PM
They only had the forums so 9004 suckers signed up as members again. #moneygrab

hawk
23-12-2015, 10:03 PM

team recruitment. And they know you guys have the answers but they/ffa cant bare to hear it.