PDA

View Full Version : It's Miller Time

Pages : [1] 2

MFKS
18-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Gonna call a spade a spade and say I am not ****ing impressed one little bit.

FFA launch a world wide search and come up with a rank outsider who no **** has ever heard of and who's resume is quite frankly weak as piss

The blokes coaching experience is what??

A season coaching a Yoof team in England.

The rest of the time his experience is related to Fitness Coaching.

Hey I expect us to be fit under him. Tactics and the rest of the shit may be a bit iffy.

One hell of a ****ing gamble this

**** ME DEAD:bs:

Pico
18-06-2015, 08:10 AM
When exactly did the FFA say they were launching a world wide search.

The only time they have given any indication about the coach was a key line from DDB regarding the limited opportunities in Australia for young Australian coaches, which was a large neon flashing light that they were again going to give an opportunity to a young aussie coach, ala Popovic.

Lets not forget the bloke started out as a fitness coach, but was a player previously so hes not just some generic fitness dude and he has a UEFA A license, so its not like he's just scraped through on the AFC c license to meet the minimum requirements to land a gig in the HAL.

Geez at least give the bloke a chance!

leftrightout
18-06-2015, 08:17 AM

FFA launch a world wide search and come up with a rank outsider who no **** has ever heard of and who's resume is quite frankly weak as piss

Hey I expect us to be fit under him. Tactics and the rest of the shit may be a bit iffy.

In finally agreed with you last night on a post but back to disagreeing.

You haven't heard his name before... so what?

I reckon if there was a former socceroo who had his exact resume and experience everyone would be losing their shit saying we have just signed the next big thing.

Besides, aren't you one of the Papas fan boys? How does his resume stack up?
because to me he is
a rank outsider who no **** has ever heard of and who's resume is quite frankly weak as piss

WolfMan
18-06-2015, 08:28 AM
As long as it isn't Miller Lite or Miller Chill, I'm down. Those other 2 are rubbish

ToddG NBUnited
18-06-2015, 08:30 AM
Hopefully some of the players can get in his ear and tell him to **** pascoe off and then we can really start fresh. I'm looking forward to the season and giving him a chance.

Sign Griff
Beat gypos in all 3 games
Treat FFA Cup properly

thats worthy of the keys to the city

Zico
18-06-2015, 08:56 AM

I'm sure I heard he was one of Ange's assistants in the national setup and that Ange was head of a selection committee that selected him.
He is only interim at this stage also so don't drop your bottom lip yet.

GazFish35
18-06-2015, 09:01 AM
All hail reggie

boz-monaut
18-06-2015, 09:02 AM
I reckon this is going to go well

but as others have said - sign Griff and a few other players and then I'll be pleased

Jeterpool
18-06-2015, 09:24 AM

While your concerns are understandable, on paper he is certainly a better appointment than our previous coach. Nobody had heard of Josep Gombau but nobody had heard of Franz Straka either.

He's come from a professional league and a big London club. He's had experience under some very experienced managers.

I'm more confident in this appointment than I would have been with Rudan or Mori.

I hope we can all get behind the new team and give them a chance.

Hopefully we can all get behind him, the

cobra23
18-06-2015, 09:26 AM
As long as it isn't Miller Lite or Miller Chill, I'm down. Those other 2 are rubbish

Let it begin...
I heard the jets are setting him up to live in MILLERS FOREST

scarfy96
18-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Bit of background on him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E1Yr4rKTx0

BodyNovo
18-06-2015, 09:38 AM
membah hes got a UEFA license, i don't think his tactics will be a problem.

if anything its going to be like stubbins and that its his man management that will be tested, but having PDM back in the fold will help that just like mark jones did for the back end of the season.

scarfy96
18-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Interesting interview about pre-season prep with Fulham:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYPTYxCw0_0

Frodo
18-06-2015, 09:42 AM

Bring it on, Get him in and let's start signing some players already.

scarfy96
18-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Scott Miller talking at the 2013 Science + Football Conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJUfydRQicg

leftrightout
18-06-2015, 09:52 AM
I am genuinely excited about this guy. He could be the best we have ever had or the worst (that's not an easy thing to do). Really looking forward to what happens!

hawk
18-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Reserves judgement until i see results. However he does seem one of the better candidates and the assistant doesnt seem bad either.....yet.

Now the most important thing, Sign the best players and sneak them all under the salary cap.

Tommyjet
18-06-2015, 10:43 AM
Welcome funky

belchardo
18-06-2015, 10:53 AM

are you just getting in an early comment to say "I told you so" when he leaves (whatever way and whenever)?

Jetmaster
18-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Let it begin...
I heard the jets are setting him up to live in MILLERS FOREST

Isnt that what the players call his missus?

JetRift
18-06-2015, 11:06 AM
He has 10 years of Experience working in England under some very successful managers (not you Hodgson), a UEFA A license, several degrees in sport science and is young and enthusiastic. That's me sold. Don't think Rudan, Mori or Paul "the savior" Okon can relate to any of those things...

MFKS
18-06-2015, 11:22 AM
are you just getting in an early comment to say "I told you so" when he leaves (whatever way and whenever)?

I wasn't fussed with Stubbins appointment either.

Didn't really express it enough then. Not making the same mistake this time.

Millers resume is actually piss weak.

Playing career of nothing of note. He has allegedly played professionally in Australia but no **** has ever heard of him as a player.

Sure he might have some nice certificates but reality his certificates mean absolutely **** ALL in the grand scheme of things.

Ability to do it is another thing as there are thousands of coaches out there with certificates who can not actually do it. Hello Muppet

His actual coaching career is a non event even though he has some experiences being involved at an EPL side he still does have minimal involvement actually coaching teams.

No issue giving a first time coach a go.

I would though expect someone who has an extensive career in football with a bit more practical experience in the coaching department though. When you have a close look at his roles at Fulham sure they will help him in the role here but reality is they are not that impressive.

Blokes like Mori have nearly 10 years coaching the SA NPL and a 15 year playing career and Rudan has 3 years in the NSWNPL and a 15 year career playing.

He compares with a couple of certificates 1 year of coaching some time on the periphery of a club and no playing career of note.

Yep

The logic of a supposedly so called professional administration in the FFA to give us this bloke at such a critical junction for the club smacks of nothing more than a gamble.

Hell time will be the judge though.

It could be the most inspired idea of all time. It could also be a cluster**** of epic proportions with the alarm bells clearly ringing the bloke is lacking in ACTUAL experience.

Jetmaster
18-06-2015, 11:30 AM
This has Ange all over it.

As Ange was considered "a crap coach" at Roar.
He was criticised for replacing name players Moore, Miller and Tiatto with no names Henrique, Paartalu and Berisha.
18 months ago everyone was calling for his head as the Socceroos looked like staying out of the top 100 for some time.

Now he is dripping with silverware....I'm prepared to have faith in his choice here. JPD provides the local knowledge and A-League experience.

Zico
18-06-2015, 11:35 AM

Playing career of nothing of note. He has allegedly played professionally in Australia but no **** has ever heard of him as a player.

Sure he might have some nice certificates but reality his certificates mean absolutely **** ALL in the grand scheme of things.

Ability to do it is another thing as there are thousands of coaches out there with certificates who can not actually do it. Hello Muppet

His actual coaching career is a non event even though he has some experiences being involved at an EPL side he still does have minimal involvement actually coaching teams.

I would though expect someone who has an extensive career in football with a bit more practical experience in the coaching department though. When you have a close look at his roles at Fulham sure they will help him in the role here but reality is they are not that impressive.

Blokes like Mori have nearly 10 years coaching the SA NPL and a 15 year playing career and Rudan has 3 years in the NSWNPL and a 15 year career playing.

He compares with a couple of certificates 1 year of coaching some time on the periphery of a club and no playing career of note.

Yep

The logic of a supposedly so called professional administration in the FFA to give us this bloke at such a critical junction for the club smacks of nothing more than a gamble.

It could be the most inspired idea of all time. It could also be a cluster**** of epic proportions with the alarm bells clearly ringing the bloke is lacking in ACTUAL experience.

Fu@k you are a negative bastard.
I bet your glass is always half empty.

Zico
18-06-2015, 11:35 AM
This has Ange all over it.

As Ange was considered "a crap coach" at Roar.
He was criticised for replacing name players Moore, Miller and Tiatto with no names Henrique, Paartalu and Berisha.
18 months ago everyone was calling for his head as the Socceroos looked like staying out of the top 100 for some time.

Now he is dripping with silverware....I'm prepared to have faith in his choice here. JPD provides the local knowledge and A-League experience.
agree 100%

JetRift
18-06-2015, 11:36 AM
De Marigny will tune up Miller's knowledge of the A-League. Remember, the same people who hired him also shit canned Stubbins... This gives me a lot of faith in the decision

joel31
18-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Good move

leftrightout
18-06-2015, 12:05 PM

Yep

So by having a long playing career and then coaching in local league for a couple of seasons this gives you more experience than assisting at premier league/championship level as well as assisting our national team?

You really are a nut! Have you heard of a bloke named Jose Mourinho, he does ok apparently.
He must not have been told that you had to be a professional player to be a good manager.

By your theory we may as well give the job to Bridges. Had a long playing career (longer than most wanted) and has been assistant or striker coach (whatever the hell he was) for half a season.

Grimario
18-06-2015, 12:10 PM
I reckon he goes alright.

http://i.imgur.com/CuwXJkP.jpg

Compared to Stubbins...

http://i.imgur.com/1FvXxM3.jpg

And since I assume it wasn't joel who scouted Miller in England, I imagine the rating is pretty accurate :gent:

joel31
18-06-2015, 12:29 PM

Compared to Stubbins...

And since I assume it wasn't joel who scouted Miller in England, I imagine the rating is pretty accurate :gent:

Just wait under a proper coach the Jets will perform just as good as they do on FM

plague
18-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Fu@k you are a negative bastard.
I bet your glass is always half empty.

Bhahahaha, some illegal left wing athiest homosexual immigrant took away the good Members' glass a long long time ago.

Frodo
18-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Give me someone with a UEFA A licence and years at an English club that's been around for 136 years over someone who's done reasonably well at State League level... (Mori can barely even claim to have done reasonably well) Stubbins had a better track record than Rudan and Mori before he arrived.

lil_masi
18-06-2015, 01:10 PM
They said in the presser that pre-season will start July 6 as opposed to June 22.

plague
18-06-2015, 01:29 PM
They said in the presser that pre-season will start July 6 as opposed to June 22.

Slacker.
Lacks work ethic.
Miller out

Jetmaster
18-06-2015, 01:30 PM
And we're away...

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/videos?camefrom=EMCL_671410_28642735

Grimario
18-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Hint on playing colours?

http://i.imgur.com/Ff3w7uK.jpg

Jeterpool
18-06-2015, 01:38 PM

Yep

Granted you wouldn't have appointed Miller, who would you have appointed?

Frodo
18-06-2015, 01:46 PM
Granted you wouldn't have appointed Miller, who would you have appointed?
Himself??

I reckon he would question the ability of Muscat to win the HAL! Even if he brought the Melbourne squad/backroom/management/revenue with him...

Maybe he might allow Griff to Coach.

Premy
18-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Welcome funky
Haha :lulz: Wrong Miller.

Premy
18-06-2015, 01:51 PM
He has 10 years of Experience working in England under some very successful managers (not you Hodgson), a UEFA A license, several degrees in sport science and is young and enthusiastic. That's me sold. Don't think Rudan, Mori or Paul "the savior" Okon can relate to any of those things...

Yeah cause Hodgson is doing a terrible good with the National team.

Premy
18-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Hint on playing colours?

http://i.imgur.com/Ff3w7uK.jpg

Feck I hope so.

Frodo
18-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Yeah cause Hodgson is doing a terrible good with the National team.

How exactly does one "do a terrible good" with anything let alone the national team?? :rof: He has made them very hard to beat though hasn't he.

Does anyone have much info on the Fulham youth team he coached? Any players demanding to be sold to us right away because he is the next Fergie/Wenger?

Jeterpool
18-06-2015, 02:02 PM
How exactly does one "do a terrible good" with anything let alone the national team?? :rof: He has made them very hard to beat though hasn't he.

Does anyone have much info on the Fulham youth team he coached? Any players demanding to be sold to us right away because he is the next Fergie/Wenger?

Patrick Roberts is being linked with Man City. Therefore it can be assumed since he left they are now jumping ship.

Happy days

Tommyjet
18-06-2015, 02:03 PM
You don't say, of course it isn't

The Camel
18-06-2015, 02:13 PM

Hopefully Taggart, Williams and Burgess

Jeterpool
18-06-2015, 02:14 PM
In the Aussie Abroad U-tooob video Miller speak very highly of Gamiero. He was released from Sydney so I wonder if that's a decent bet of him showing up here?

The Camel
18-06-2015, 02:17 PM
In the Aussie Abroad U-tooob video Miller speak very highly of Gamiero. He was released from Sydney so I wonder if that's a decent bet of him showing up here?

I thought he had already signed for City

Jetmaster
18-06-2015, 02:20 PM

Looks like Siddle.

lil_masi
18-06-2015, 02:25 PM

Dont think it's official.

Also hope De Marigny brings Georgievski here!!

Jeterpool
18-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Dont think it's official.

Also hope De Marigny brings Georgievski here!!

Georgevski is a left back, isn't he? Might be full-up that side with Lee and Carney. If he can play right back then for sure!

Jeterpool
18-06-2015, 02:28 PM

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything to say that had occurred. I've been wrong before, though. Ask my wife.

Grimario
18-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Georgevski is a left back, isn't he? Might be full-up that side with Lee and Carney. If he can play right back then for sure!

Right back. Only used at LB because MV had no one. He's got good versatility.

Jeterpool
18-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Right back. Only used at LB because MV had no one. He's got good versatility.

:brrr:

WolfMan
18-06-2015, 03:40 PM

Compared to Stubbins...

The Muppet has better man management than Miller. And Discipline. We are screwed...

idontwannaplaywithhowey
18-06-2015, 03:44 PM
It seems as though they have gone through a pretty rigorous process to choose the next coach of the Jets. I think from the options we had Miller seems to be a good choice. Any of the candidates would seem to provide a better option than recycling old A League coaches (which was really our only other option) and as the powers that be were actually involved in interviewing the candidates (unlike any of us) we have to trust they have made an informed decision (unlike us).
It probably wouldn't hurt for fans to try and be a bit positive as well, since the FFA have taken over they have tried to engage the community, sacked the muppet and actively sought a better ownership model. I'm not going to complain about any of that.

ForeverRed
18-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Rumour is jets have little money to play with, Kanta carney Ki and Bogaard taking bulk of resources, don't expect any big time signings, strong source

Jeterpool
18-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Rumour is jets have little money to play with, Kanta carney Ki and Bogaard taking bulk of resources, don't expect any big time signings, strong source

This was my biggest concern all along. I think Hawk is on a similar thinking too.

The way to alleviate this is to get some contracts onto one of the 3 marquee positions. None of the players listed would fit the criteria of a marquee. There is an opportunity to recruit.

Grimario
18-06-2015, 03:55 PM
This was my biggest concern all along. I think Hawk is on a similar thinking too.

The way to alleviate this is to get some contracts onto one of the 3 marquee positions. None of the players listed would fit the criteria of a marquee. There is an opportunity to recruit.

Really? I would imagine that Carney could fit marquee criteria since old has been Socceroos are often wedged in as one. If Thwaite is marquee, I don't see why any of those 4 can't fit as marquee...

Jeterpool
18-06-2015, 04:01 PM
Really? I would imagine that Carney could fit marquee criteria since old has been Socceroos are often wedged in as one. If Thwaite is marquee, I don't see why any of those 4 can't fit as marquee...

Yeah OK. I accept that point. Maybe he would. He'd be the only one. I think he's past it but it would take a big chunk because didn't someone on here suggest he was on over $200K? I've heard that number thrown around.

It would be a waste of the spot though.

furns
18-06-2015, 04:06 PM
If we can't get an aussie marquee, Carney would suit. Would give us another 250k to play with (I saw that number bandied around in media reports during the "unpleasantness")

The Postman
18-06-2015, 04:11 PM

This isn't a rumor, Along with BK and Mullen there goes over 1 million of the cap, leaving a little less than 1.5 million to sign 11? players.

The Camel
18-06-2015, 04:25 PM
This isn't a rumor, Along with BK and Mullen there goes over 1 million of the cap, leaving a little less than 1.5 million to sign 11? players.

How on earth are BK and Kanta on big coin? They would not make a starting 11 for any other club in the league.

Grimario
18-06-2015, 04:31 PM
How on earth are BK and Kanta on big coin? They would not make a starting 11 for any other club in the league.

They've been here forever and likely salary increase each year means it's gotten up. Maybe?

The Camel
18-06-2015, 04:49 PM
They've been here forever and likely salary increase each year means it's gotten up. Maybe?

No wonder we go ****ed every year

joel31
18-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Should release Kanta or get him to sign a contract for less
Also get 2 marquees

Jetmaster
18-06-2015, 05:03 PM
BK is not on the money you may think - it's six figures but only just.

Tommyjet
18-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Interview with nbn he gets asked about other back room staff and says his second assistant will need to be flexible and orientated around strength and conditioning and video analysis. As if that isn't mark jones in a nutshell

MFKS
18-06-2015, 06:10 PM
BK is not on the money you may think - it's six figures but only just.

You have to be ****ing kidding??

We have our second string keeper on 100k +
I should really not commit blasphemy but i am thinking i should

ForeverRed
18-06-2015, 06:24 PM
Kanta is around $160, hope he doesn't waste it

plague
18-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Kanta is around $160, hope he doesn't waste it

Yeah but we kept him out of Bayern Munichs' grasp didn't we.

Money well spent IMHO.

GazFish35
19-06-2015, 02:30 AM
After attending the members forum, I can allay fears that the FFA coffers have indeed stretched to get someone with football knowledge and can confirm that our scott miller, is NOT this bloke.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/sites/sbs.com.au.news/files/styles/full/public/images/a/a/aap_4477_LegalMiller_800x600.jpg?itok=m4mBxoNQ&mtime=1377363795

leftrightout
19-06-2015, 08:25 AM
After attending the members forum, I can allay fears that the FFA coffers have indeed stretched to get someone with football knowledge and can confirm that our scott miller, is NOT this bloke.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/sites/sbs.com.au.news/files/styles/full/public/images/a/a/aap_4477_LegalMiller_800x600.jpg?itok=m4mBxoNQ&mtime=1377363795

Thats funny... when i first heard of him i thought he was the "Can't bowl, can't throw" guy but thats Scott Muller.

Jetmaster
19-06-2015, 09:26 AM
You have to be ****ing kidding??

We have our second string keeper on 100k +
I should really not commit blasphemy but i am thinking i should

Again - look at the facts. First team incumbent - 10 years service, still young, plenty of experience.

Fair market value.

The Camel
19-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Again - look at the facts. First team incumbent - 10 years service, still young, plenty of experience.

Fair market value.

A pie and a can of coke after games is fair market value for BK

MFKS
19-06-2015, 11:09 AM

Fair market value.

First team incumbent due to the running of the club.

If Birraz was interested in being here. BK ain't first team player.
Coaching is adequate Birraz is head and shoulders above him.

BK is only first team incumbent based on the cluster **** we have been/are

plague
19-06-2015, 11:14 AM
First team incumbent due to the running of the club.

If Birraz was interested in being here. BK ain't first team player.
Coaching is adequate Birraz is head and shoulders above him.

BK is only first team incumbent based on the cluster **** we have been/are

yesssssssssss!!!!!!
another thread hijacked.

well done boiz.

Jeterpool
19-06-2015, 11:22 AM
yesssssssssss!!!!!!
another thread hijacked.

well done boiz.

:rof:

anfield
19-06-2015, 11:37 AM
Well done ffa. Miller good appointment, should have good knowledge and contacts. JP good assistant. If I were him, I would br looking at some of the players that have been at fulham, especially there under 21 squad. Lots of european kids try their luck in under 21 squads in england each year.

q-money
19-06-2015, 04:19 PM
anyone else think his interviewing skills are absolutely honking?

said absolutely nuffin

MFKS
19-06-2015, 04:26 PM

said absolutely nuffin

Watched the clips posted in the thread and a few things stood out from the way he presents.

He is highly ambitious and driven

He is also highly intelligent human being

He also talks at a lightening fast speed. So many times he is almost talking at a speed that is much faster than people normally listen at.
It is almost like he says 3 things in the same time everyone else on the planet have done the first two and are thinking about the next thing.

Not certain but he may well have some type of ADHD like condition. He is a bundle of intense energy and appears to be ready to burst

Grimario
19-06-2015, 04:31 PM

said absolutely nuffin

Would rather good coach with shit interviews than silver tongue shit ****s like Stubbins who did lots of talking but **** all walking.

OmeletteDuFromage
19-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Has a weird facial structure, mainly mouth.

The Dunster
19-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Not certain but he may well have some type of ADHD like condition. He is a bundle of intense energy and appears to be ready to burst

Not on the gas is he ? [ lots of googling on this phrase I'm sure]

Jeterpool
19-06-2015, 06:11 PM

said absolutely nuffin

Murphy will fix this

Watched the clips posted in the thread and a few things stood out from the way he presents.

He is highly ambitious and driven

He is also highly intelligent human being

He also talks at a lightening fast speed. So many times he is almost talking at a speed that is much faster than people normally listen at.
It is almost like he says 3 things in the same time everyone else on the planet have done the first two and are thinking about the next thing.

Wow member. One of your best mate. He's also probably nervous and therefore talking fast. Agree on your first 2 points

hawk
19-06-2015, 07:32 PM

He is a bundle of intense energy and appears to be ready to burst

he's here for the hookups

baldrick
19-06-2015, 07:54 PM
He's far to young & good looking (so I'm told) to be an a league coach

:p

stopper2
19-06-2015, 08:32 PM

Recall seeing Gardiner from The Herald put up on twitter that Carney, BK, Boogaard, Lee Ki-Je and and Mullen all took up approx. $1million of the cap.
What is the Cap these days, is it still $3.5 million?
Say the other 8 players are on an average of $100k (Kanta and Alivodic probably over $150k while Rad and Barresi probably $60k for eg), that leaves another $1.7 million for the 10 or so spots left to fill.
That leaves plenty of space left in the cap to get some real quality.

Jetmaster
19-06-2015, 08:51 PM
People talk faster when in a new environment due to nerves.
Can't believe some of the crap that gets posted sometimes.

Beeen
19-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Recall seeing Gardiner from The Herald put up on twitter that Carney, BK, Boogaard, Lee Ki-Je and and Mullen all took up approx. $1million of the cap.
What is the Cap these days, is it still $3.5 million?
Say the other 8 players are on an average of $100k (Kanta and Alivodic probably over $150k while Rad and Barresi probably $60k for eg), that leaves another $1.7 million for the 10 or so spots left to fill.
That leaves plenty of space left in the cap to get some real quality.

2.5 mill

MFKS
20-06-2015, 08:17 AM
People talk faster when in a new environment due to nerves.
Can't believe some of the crap that gets posted sometimes.

Was referring to videos and interviews recorded a while ago in his Fulham days.

Nervous as in anxious is not what is going on.
His brain appears to be steps ahead of his mouth

I reckon if this bloke would have an IQ test he would rate pretty ****ing high and be well above the norm

Jetmaster
20-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Funnily enough, if you slow a recorded voice by 7% it is sub-consciously more understood and more readily listened to by the listener.

q-money
20-06-2015, 11:10 AM
he has spouted nothing but total jibber jabber in everything i've seen him do so far, get him some xanax

The Dunster
20-06-2015, 12:59 PM
he has spouted nothing but total jibber jabber in everything i've seen him do so far, get him some xanax

Is it too early to call it Q or do you think we might have another nutter in the top job ?

And When the member starts calling someone intelligent that's usually the kiss of death as well.

rhysd
20-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Spoke well, didn't provide lofty and unrealistic aims at such an early stage without first assessing our position.
Having a seasoned pro in his corner and the prospect of having MJ in the fold will go a long way to creating a formidable coaching staff. The right tune is ringing down from the top of the pyramid, mixed with improved off-field structure and professionalism, should facilitate a good environment for the firsts team.

Some player signings over the next week will put the icing on the cake.

plague
20-06-2015, 02:44 PM
heard one interview where he crapped on about "being a winner" and that he "doesn't lose" blah blah blah.
Good to see someone still subscribing to the Anthony Robbins school of awesomeness cassette collection.

unless setting out the cones and keeping the pencils sharp was a contest at Fulham then i dunno what exactly he's "won".

just get to work pal.

plague
20-06-2015, 02:47 PM
wait wait wait.
I'm sorry.
i was wrong.
seems he won a 'Ryan Reynolds lookalike contest' once.

Seems the bloke IS a winner.

Caaaarrrnnnnn Jets.
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/external?url=http://content4.video.news.com.au/foxsports/prod/archive/2015/06/18/FSD_PFFA_180615_HAL_JETS_NEW_COACH_VSV.jpg&width=650&api_key=kq7wnrk4eun47vz9c5xuj3mc
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/Ryan_Reynolds_2014_TIFF_The_Voices_Premiere_(cropp ed).jpg

furns
20-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Looks more like Scott Chipperfield's love child tbh

Grimario
20-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Looks more like Scott Chipperfield's love child tbh

Should know how to park a bus then.

hawk
20-06-2015, 09:31 PM
heard one interview where he crapped on about "being a winner" and that he "doesn't lose" blah blah blah.
Good to see someone still subscribing to the Anthony Robbins school of awesomeness cassette collection.

unless setting out the cones and keeping the pencils sharp was a contest at Fulham then i dunno what exactly he's "won".

just get to work pal.

how good is this Robbins bloke. give the players the CD collection

Couscous
20-06-2015, 10:17 PM

I'm glad someone else has raised this association. The Robbins jaw was the first thing I noticed.

http://i.imgur.com/IndiMpC.jpg

plague
20-06-2015, 10:33 PM
I'm glad someone else has raised this association. The Robbins jaw was the first thing I noticed.

http://i.imgur.com/IndiMpC.jpg

I don't find many things funny other than what I write but Jesus Christ Couscous that was funny.

Well in sir.

pv4
21-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Ange was apart of the panel who selected him.

I have the world of faith in Ange.

Therefore, I have optimism with Miller.

white city
06-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Any word on how the first session for the boys went under the new boss. or was it mostly introductory?

would be good to get a little insight into how it went, and how our new man felt after his first session as 1st team coach

Grimario
06-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Any word on how the first session for the boys went under the new boss. or was it mostly introductory?

would be good to get a little insight into how it went, and how our new man felt after his first session as 1st team coach

I asked on twitter.

@NewcastleJetsFC Any news articles + photos with how this went? Keen to know how his first day on the paddock went!

And pv4's mate who gets a bad rap for, like pv4, being a gypo replied almost immediately...

Benny O'Neill ‏@BennyONeill
Hi @_Grimario - working on it man. Just got back from @1029KOFM with Scott. Listen in to @davidkofm. Tomorrow 7:15am @1233newcastle.

So, everyone listen to KOFM tomorrow :yes:

Also, after telling him KOFM doesn't broadcast down here in Adelaide...

@BennyONeill @1029KOFM @davidkofm @1233newcastle Don't get it down here in Adelaide... might have to see if I can find it online! Cheers

GazFish35
06-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Kofm podcast a lot of their interviews

plague
06-07-2015, 06:25 PM
I asked on twitter.

And pv4's mate who gets a bad rap for, like pv4, being a gypo replied almost immediately...

So, everyone listen to KOFM tomorrow :yes:

Also, after telling him KOFM doesn't broadcast down here in Adelaide...

The fuq you go to Adelaide for anyway?

Jeterpool
06-07-2015, 06:40 PM

Disc golf

Grimario
06-07-2015, 06:44 PM

Mrs Grim

Jeterpool
06-07-2015, 07:02 PM

Elrich FC

Thomas477
06-07-2015, 07:22 PM

Bubs

Jeterpool
06-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Miller in

Grimario
06-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Bubs

True dat.

plague
06-07-2015, 09:40 PM
Mrs Grim

Good man.

This is the only acceptable answer.

Bon
07-07-2015, 09:46 AM
The link to the KOFM interview:
http://www.kofm.com.au/shows/rush-hour-david-collins/podcasts/

Grimario
07-07-2015, 10:15 AM
ABC interview as well.

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/audio-scott-miller-on-1233-abc-newcastle/1ce4leoe7teqs1q86f1xj27n8e

hawk
07-07-2015, 11:08 AM
cheers for links. 2 clicks of separation is a bridge too far for me :blush:

Grimario
07-07-2015, 03:09 PM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/players-give-new-boss-their-tick-of-approval/jt58hlr3e0ky1mlf9spn704a3

RAM
08-07-2015, 11:18 AM
There are question marks about some of the things listed on his CV.

Will be interesting to see how the season/ pre-season signings pan out.

Surely it can't be worse than under Stubbins.

Grimario
08-07-2015, 11:25 AM
There are question marks about some of the things listed on his CV.

Will be interesting to see how the season/ pre-season signings pan out.

Surely it can't be worse than under Stubbins.

What question marks?

Fulham - fitness coach, 5 years
Fulham - 1st team assistant coach, 2-3 years
Fulham - Youth team coach, 1-2 years

Australia - fitness coach (short term)

UEFA A-License
Degrees in Sport Science and Psychology

What's their to question in that lot?

RAM
08-07-2015, 11:38 AM
What question marks?

Fulham - fitness coach, 5 years
Fulham - 1st team assistant coach, 2-3 years
Fulham - Youth team coach, 1-2 years

Australia - fitness coach (short term)

UEFA A-License
Degrees in Sport Science and Psychology

What's their to question in that lot?

These questions

Does anyone know who he played "professional football" for in Australia?
http://www.australiantimes.co.uk/scott- ... ball-club/

Here he claims to be a Socceroos assistant coach.

http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/au/e ... ott-miller

Timeline of Scott Miller

1981/1982 - born

???? - played at Gippsland Falcons (?!?) and Langwarrin
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SuMncNC0tlkJ:www.soccer-forum.net/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D52%26t%3D33962+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

2006 - leaves Australia - Miller in interview with Australian Times
http://www.australiantimes.co.uk/scott-miller-assistant-technical-coach-at-fulham-football-club/

2007 - joins Fulham FC staff as "First Team Fitness Coach". According to Miller in Australian Times interview

2013 - "@Socceroos @FOXFOOTBALL response to questions received regarding working with the Socceroos, it's always been an ambition of mine to do so." Miller on Twitter. Tweet now inaccessible on Twitter due to security settings.

August 2013 - Appointed "Assistant Technical Coach" at Fulham FC.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/simon-hills-a-league-wrap-matthew-spiranovic-training-with-western-sydney-wanderers/story-e6frf4gl-1226702388274

October/November 2013 - Fitness coach at Socceroos training camp and Aus-Costa Rica match before being replaced.

2014 - "Reportedly offered the assistant coach's role at Premier League Newcastle United, but the deal fell through". Newcastle Herald article.
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3144044/is-this-anges-jets-coach/

1 June 2015 - leaves Fulham FC having served as "coach to the Club’s Under-21 team" . Fulham FC website.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/01/miller-departs

He seems to have been in all the places he said he was, it's just that the level of responsibility being claimed is a little inflated. For example, he joined the Socceroos for a few weeks as a fitness coach and he's being painted as an assistant coach. He was a coach for the Fulham U21 team and it's being reported that he was the U21 manager. His Linkedin profile seems to have deleted and his Twitter locked down, so I wonder if there's something afoot.

If he was at Gippsland, their last year in NSL was 2000/01 and they certainly werent professional.

Can't see any evidence he played first team for Gippsland.

Yeah, I haven't gone through every game but spread across a few and found nothing.

This is the week the PFA pulled the senior team on strike and the youth team played:

http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/NSL/20002001/Round26.html

If he was around then and didn't get a game, then he must have been honking..

He also appears to have edited his own wiki page

Grimario
08-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Right, so nutjob internet speculation is far superior than the fact that the coach of the Socceroos called him up and ASKED HIM if he was interested in the job?

Are you a MFKS multi by any chance?

Jeterpool
08-07-2015, 12:12 PM
These questions

Does anyone know who he played "professional football" for in Australia?
http://www.australiantimes.co.uk/scott- ... ball-club/

Here he claims to be a Socceroos assistant coach.

http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/au/e ... ott-miller

Timeline of Scott Miller

1981/1982 - born

???? - played at Gippsland Falcons (?!?) and Langwarrin
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SuMncNC0tlkJ:www.soccer-forum.net/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D52%26t%3D33962+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

2006 - leaves Australia - Miller in interview with Australian Times
http://www.australiantimes.co.uk/scott-miller-assistant-technical-coach-at-fulham-football-club/

2007 - joins Fulham FC staff as "First Team Fitness Coach". According to Miller in Australian Times interview

2013 - "@Socceroos @FOXFOOTBALL response to questions received regarding working with the Socceroos, it's always been an ambition of mine to do so." Miller on Twitter. Tweet now inaccessible on Twitter due to security settings.

August 2013 - Appointed "Assistant Technical Coach" at Fulham FC.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/simon-hills-a-league-wrap-matthew-spiranovic-training-with-western-sydney-wanderers/story-e6frf4gl-1226702388274

October/November 2013 - Fitness coach at Socceroos training camp and Aus-Costa Rica match before being replaced.

2014 - "Reportedly offered the assistant coach's role at Premier League Newcastle United, but the deal fell through". Newcastle Herald article.
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3144044/is-this-anges-jets-coach/

1 June 2015 - leaves Fulham FC having served as "coach to the Club’s Under-21 team" . Fulham FC website.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/01/miller-departs

He also appears to have edited his own wiki page

Ease up Phil. Let your anger go

08-07-2015, 12:40 PM
I actually thought it was

Marko Ante Rudan

Reverse it = RAM

q-money
08-07-2015, 01:23 PM
i like the cut of this RAM's jib

i'm a scott miller truther

free MFKS

#staywoke

Grimario
08-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Apparently...

Hey RAM, tell me more about the 7 goals you let in against Magic reserves in the FFA cup...

Love from MFKS via twitter.

lquiquer
08-07-2015, 01:33 PM
Apparently...

Hey RAM, tell me more about the 7 goals you let in Magic reserves in the FFA cup...

:roflz:

plague
08-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Y'all back the **** off my man RAM.
Bloke is the only one out there asking the big questions.

Where is Millers birth certificate?
Is his middle name really Hussein?
Why won't he build a wall outside of Swansea to stop the immigrant rapist thieving Gypos?

MAKE THE JETS GREAT AGAIN

Wake up sheeple.

plague
08-07-2015, 01:40 PM

Who's that?

RAM
09-07-2015, 06:29 PM

RAM
09-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Right, so nutjob internet speculation is far superior than the fact that the coach of the Socceroos called him up and ASKED HIM if he was interested in the job?

Are you a MFKS multi by any chance?

I think the questions should be asked.

1. He was a fitness coach

2. He's never coached a senior team

3. He never played professionally.

09-07-2015, 07:03 PM

C'mon Rudes

GazFish35
09-07-2015, 07:33 PM
Played at a respectable level in home country
Studied sports science.
Went to uk to hone craft.

Jose Mourinho.

Just sayin'

plague
09-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Didn't Jose do a lot of study/early days in Scotland?

GazFish35
09-07-2015, 11:14 PM
Didn't Jose do a lot of study/early days in Scotland?

Fixed. Point still stands.

GazFish35
09-07-2015, 11:16 PM

Oh, and our blokes are

1. Unfit
2. Not 1st team quality players.
3. Haven't been professional for very long.

**** me RAM, every bloke has to start somewhere.

plague
09-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Fixed. Point still stands.

Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to get one past me Mr Fish.

Actually you can put one past me whenever at the moment I'm on holidays so don't disturb me farkern.

Yeah but serious I only brought that up because there were a whole bunch of coaches doing courses etc in Scotland and they all went on to get big jobs.

GazFish35
10-07-2015, 12:57 AM
Edumacation!

RAM
10-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Oh, and our blokes are

1. Unfit
2. Not 1st team quality players.
3. Haven't been professional for very long.

**** me RAM, every bloke has to start somewhere.

Preferably not as a guinea pig at our Club though.

RAM
10-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Studied sports science.

Jose Mourinho.

Just sayin'

Wow.

Comparing Jose to Miller. Fulham to Barcelona.

Wow.

GazFish35
10-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Wow. Just wow.
Just pointing out there's more than one path to a managerial career.

RAM
10-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Wow. Just wow.
Just pointing out there's more than one path to a managerial career.

There is, but I'd still prefer our Club to appoint someone who has done a little more than act as a fitness coach for a month, and coach kids.

belchardo
10-07-2015, 10:19 AM
There is, but I'd still prefer our Club to appoint someone who has done a little more than act as a fitness coach for a month, and coach kids.

we get it. move on.

GazFish35
10-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Id be interested to know what sort CV RAM would want the gaffer to have.... And how he thinks someone with such a CV could be enticed to take over the club given its re net history and current ownership situation.

Who in the world of football managerial employment would see it as an opportunity other than the young inexperienced and untested.

RAM
10-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Id be interested to know what sort CV RAM would want the gaffer to have.... And how he thinks someone with such a CV could be enticed to take over the club given its re net history and current ownership situation.

Who in the world of football managerial employment would see it as an opportunity other than the young inexperienced and untested.

Personally I would have preferred someone akin to Mirion Bleiberg - who has a lot of experience with both the Roar and GC in building clubs from scratch. We're basically starting from scratch at the moment with half a squad and (at the time of appointment) no real backroom staff.

My point is that there is inexperienced and then there are people who have no real experience.

I'm happy to give Miller the benefit of the doubt and see how he goes in the first season, but I just think that there has been very little dialogue about his appointment other than "in Ange we trust" and "wow Fulham - he must have good contacts".

boz-monaut
10-07-2015, 11:42 AM
Miron also has experience is utterly screwing things up

give this bloke a chance to ruin everything before you write him off

RAM
10-07-2015, 11:45 AM

If you read my post, I said I would.

I just think there should be a little more cynicism and a little less blind faith if we're to return to the top of the table.

boz-monaut
10-07-2015, 12:04 PM
where is this blind faith of which you speak?

has the forum got ourselves another cranky man who assumes everyone has a position he doesn't like and rants against it?

RAM
10-07-2015, 12:16 PM
where is this blind faith of which you speak?

has the forum got ourselves another cranky man who assumes everyone has a position he doesn't like and rants against it?

nah not really, just in The Herald and generally little discussion on here regarding the appointment.

The Special One
10-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Studied sports science.

Jose Mourinho.

Just sayin'

It is an honour to be compared to such a man as Scott Miller.

And Grimario, we still aren't talking after you called me a terrible multi.

RAM
10-07-2015, 12:20 PM

GazFish35
10-07-2015, 12:39 PM
There been very little discussion because most of us are realists about the club's position and know beggars can't be choosers.

I think too the tide is turning against the old newy way of tearing things down before they get a chance to get started.

Miron would screw this upend probably wouldn't be keen on a contract not guaranteed if the club is sold. Miller at least can be assured by the FFA that he'll still have work with the socceroos should any new owner want a clean out.

Grimario
10-07-2015, 12:42 PM

It's not you, it's Chelsea.

judge
10-07-2015, 04:01 PM
A quote from Miron Bleiberg " But basically football is a simple game; that's why so many stupid and uneducated people who can kick a ball become coaches. "

hawk
17-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Is Miller running this budget show or what? Finger out champ

q-money
11-08-2015, 11:48 AM
to be fair big scotty has improved his talkin' to the meeja over the past few months

plague
13-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Piss this bloke off.
Never won a game for us etc etc

Paulo Wanchope is available now. From recent evidence still plenty of mongrel about him.

lquiquer
16-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Miller time: so far loose scums, loose perth, apparently draw city today.....

Tommyjet
16-08-2015, 09:41 PM

So on that trajectory we'll start winning soon

Retro Jet
16-08-2015, 09:58 PM

Score anyone?
Nuttin' on Website, nuttin' on Twatter & nuttin' on here!

Fairgo
16-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Score anyone?
Nuttin' on Website, nuttin' on Twatter & nuttin' on here!

1all Haliti goal scorer, it was on NBN tonight.

cobra23
17-08-2015, 11:13 AM

This is a good thing. normally we go alright in pre-season games and it gives everyone false expectations.
so now we expect to go shit and if we dont its a bonus

stopper2
17-08-2015, 02:29 PM

Yes we officially lost to Perth on pens but we were level after 90min and 120min so technically I would call it a draw, so 2 draws and 1 loss I believe stacks up a lot better in comparison to 12 months ago under the Muppet?

Tommyjet
17-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Style of play is much more pleasing to the eye now (despite turnovers etc). Pretty sure ball wasn't passed back to birra until the second half

rhysd
17-08-2015, 11:31 PM
We are playing against aleague opponents, already a massive step up from previous pre season campaigns.

plague
17-08-2015, 11:47 PM
We are playing against aleague opponents, already a massive step up from previous pre season campaigns.

The same A-League teams that have been embarrassing us for 6 years now?

Blackmac79
18-08-2015, 06:16 AM
but preseason is really about cold nights in rockdale. Chevapi at bonnyrigg. And running from tooled up croats at Edensor.

none of this "Step up" business. We play these teams 3 times + a year as it is.

Retro Jet
18-08-2015, 11:09 AM
but preseason is really about cold nights in rockdale. Chevapi at bonnyrigg. And running from tooled up croats at Edensor.

none of this "Step up" business. We play these teams 3 times + a year as it is.

Been there...done that...
Never again!

stopper2
25-08-2015, 03:06 PM
One of the good signs under Miller is that after a short time in change it appears he has already settled on a back four.....Hoffman, Mullen, Boogaard and Lee Ki-Je. Under GVE and Stubbins we became accustomed to constant experimentation with the back four and there was never any real constant Centre Back pairing either. Anyone who has played the game knows (apart from those 2 previous clowns) that you get your defence settled first and build from there, at the very least you make it hard for the opposition to score against you first and foremost.

MFKS
25-08-2015, 07:15 PM
One of the good signs under Miller is that after a short time in change it appears he has already settled on a back four.....Hoffman, Mullen, Boogaard and Lee Ki-Je. Under GVE and Stubbins we became accustomed to constant experimentation with the back four and there was never any real constant Centre Back pairing either. Anyone who has played the game knows (apart from those 2 previous clowns) that you get your defence settled first and build from there, at the very least you make it hard for the opposition to score against you first and foremost.
Hopefully he can find a right back then

hawk
25-08-2015, 09:10 PM
with that back 4 a season ticket is out of the question

The Camel
26-08-2015, 10:49 AM
with that back 4 a season ticket is out of the question

It is 3/4 of the way there IMO. Just need to get a right back to replace Hoffman

MFKS
26-08-2015, 11:25 AM
It is 3/4 of the way there IMO. Just need to get a right back to replace Hoffman

I would say we are really 1/4 of the way there.

Leaky G is class

Boogaard and Mullen yes they are HAL standard players but they are not world beaters and I can think of plenty of other HAL sides CD's I would prefer than these two

As for Hoffman being HAL standard?? Bwah Bwah Bwah
Lets just move along

The Camel
26-08-2015, 12:40 PM
I would say we are really 1/4 of the way there.

Leaky G is class

Boogaard and Mullen yes they are HAL standard players but they are not world beaters and I can think of plenty of other HAL sides CD's I would prefer than these two

As for Hoffman being HAL standard?? Bwah Bwah Bwah
Lets just move along

I agree with you on Mullen but disagree on Boogard. With Spira gone. DeVere is now the only non-visa CB I would rate above him in the league, there is a couple of younger ones which will go past him in the next couple of years though. (Chapman, Ansell)

hawk
26-08-2015, 07:27 PM

maybe but im not convinced with mullo and hope noone gets injured

Tommyjet
26-08-2015, 08:54 PM
maybe but im not convinced with mullo and hope noone gets injured

Yeah I'm not convinced by Mullen much at all. Kinda hoping young Jackson turns out gem sooner rather than later.

plague
26-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Yeah I'm not convinced by Mullen much at all. Kinda hoping young Jackson turns out gem sooner rather than later.

Has anyone seen that Connor Chapman kid in youth league? heard he has a big future. hope he gets called up to our top team this season.

militiamon
29-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Looks more like a rugby player than a football coach.

Will need to work on this aspect more during the season.

Boss
16-09-2015, 08:58 PM
I ****ing love Scott Miller. I know we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet but I love him. Seems like a manager who will cop it on the chin when things go wrong. Considering we are the jets and the sky will inevitably fall at some point, I will be sad to see him go.

GazFish35
16-09-2015, 09:05 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/526219843626/Miller-believes-he-can-make-the-Jets-fly-again

Interesting interview.
He seems sick of stupid questions from reporters asking questions they all ready know the answer to.

I like this guy

The Dunster
16-09-2015, 09:31 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/526219843626/Miller-believes-he-can-make-the-Jets-fly-again

Interesting interview.
He seems sick of stupid questions from reporters asking questions they all ready know the answer to.

I like this guy

+1

He seems like a no bullshit kind of guy with a direction for the club. Exciting times.

Lucy Zelic should get back in the kitchen where she belongs because her cookie cutter interview style is pathetic.

Jeterpool
29-09-2015, 04:33 PM
I had Miller serve me at the Jets Store when I was getting a jersey on the weekend.

Pleasingly, he didn't get JP to conduct the transaction in his behalf, he didn't draw a smiley face on the EFTPOS machine and tell me to do the rest and he stuck around for me to give him feedback after his work was done.

Happy days

borat
29-09-2015, 05:19 PM
I had Miller serve me at the Jets Store when I was getting a jersey on the weekend.

Pleasingly, he didn't get JP to conduct the transaction in his behalf, he didn't draw a smiley face on the EFTPOS machine and tell me to do the rest and he stuck around for me to give him feedback after his work was done.

Happy days

Assuming he didn't send you to do solo laps of the store either

Jeterpool
29-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Assuming he didn't send you to do solo laps of the store either

Nah. And he didn't yell at me either

plague
30-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Lucy Zelic should get back in the kitchen where she belongs

#tcot

Grimario
02-10-2015, 12:39 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3396755/miller-stakes-out-phoenix/

ROOKIE Jets coach Scott Miller has done his homework to avoid being blindsided when Newcastle tackle Wellington in their A-League season-opener on Sunday week.

Miller, who spent nine seasons with Fulham before being appointed by the Jets in June, has twice attended pre-season matches involving the Phoenix to put his round-one opposition under the microscope.

"I travelled down to Melbourne for the FFA Cup game, where Melbourne City beat them, and two weeks ago they played Western Sydney Wanderers in Sydney, and I travelled down to watch that as well," Miller said. "Along with scouts going to watch games and myself going to watch, we've got a lot of information."

Miller said he was also well aware of Phoenix coach Ernie Merrick's preferred modus operandi, having played under him as a junior in Melbourne.

"Ernie's a shrewd manager and a very good manager. I know him first hand, and he'll be tactically very aware of us as well, so it's going to be a very competitive game . . . his system is very attacking.

"So I think if we can break them down in the transition, with a key pass forward, and breaking lines early, we should pose some forward threat."

The Jets have a horrendous record at Westpac Stadium, where they have lost nine times in 12 visits and won only twice.

But with a new coaching staff and an influx of new players, Miller said Newcastle would cross the Tasman with a fresh attitude.

"You've got a number of players who have had experience over there and success as well, the players we've recruited," he said.

"I haven't been there before . . . but I've got no fear of playing in Wellington at all, and I think the squad has the same frame of mind as well."

Miller said the Jets could not afford to let the traditionally inhospitable Wellington weather affect their mindset.

"If you prepare right and prepare tactically, the conditions shouldn't affect you," he said. "It's more about the mentality. You can only play the fixture, not the weather."

Although eager to make a positive first impression, Miller was hopeful Newcastle's first-up showing would be considered in context.

"If we're to perform well over there, it would stand us in good stead," he said. "People are already talking externally about how we've put the squad together and the competitive intensity we work on.

"Ultimately a win's going to boost everyone's mindset, a strong performance.

"I'd like a clean sheet and I'm really driving that mentality all season.

"It's 27 games and we can't be measured on one. But I'll be putting a lot of pressure on the team to perform."

Jets officials are still racing to obtain a visa for Serbian striker Milos Trifunovic to make the trip.

"With him arriving here so late, he might not be able to enter New Zealand," Miller said. "So that's the challenge we've got and I've got to be patient with that one."

Miller said his squad to play Wellington would be chosen next week on the strength of their pre-season efforts and there "might be a few dark horses travelling as well".

Best bit is in the comments...

Beau Ghan • 6 hours ago
Word is jets coach Scott Miller is on the way out already, won't spend Xmas in Newcastle

Tommyjet
05-10-2015, 08:53 PM
https://twitter.com/socstoppagetime/status/650948700273930240

Sloppy sausage tacos saying this so once again not overly reliable.

furns
05-10-2015, 08:58 PM
stupid if true

Thomas477
05-10-2015, 08:59 PM
It maybe not activated. **** that's bad reporting.

furns
05-10-2015, 09:05 PM
classic SST

"This thing we might have heard about might happen, but then again might not. Dont forget we broke the story first"

Jeterpool
05-10-2015, 09:29 PM
https://twitter.com/socstoppagetime/status/650948700273930240

Sloppy sausage tacos saying this so once again not overly reliable.

Isn't it lucky for Scott he's 98 days into the job, from the date of announcement.

I remember that he went back to the UK for ~10 days to pack up.

So he needs to be sacked within the next 3-4 days - right when we play Wellington. Yeah shit hot timing.

The only other logical reason is his contract commenced July 1st. That would give more time.

WolfMan
05-10-2015, 11:03 PM
Why wouldn't the owners let him have a shot first before screwing him over.

Poor bastard hasn't had a chance to do anything yet

plague
05-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Isn't it lucky for Scott he's 98 days into the job,

No wins* in those 98 days either.
Miller OUT.

*probs won a shit game where Hoffman was on the other team at training or something

Thomas477
06-10-2015, 08:13 AM
Miller OUT.

*probs won a shit game where Hoffman was on the other team at training or something

Beat the coastlies in Wagga, didn't we?

MFKS
06-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Miller OUT.

Time to start the Miller Out thread I think.:lulzturtle::rof:

Get more momentum with the rumour if the Herald are reporting directly from conjecture on the foz

99 days and no wins.

Even Muppet had a better strike rate FFS :rof:

Jetmaster
06-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Remember Rudes wouldn't accept the position as he could not be guaranteed tenure once the new owners came in.

I'm sure Miller is also aware of the same risk.

Jeterpool
06-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Time to start the Miller Out thread I think.:lulzturtle::rof:

Get more momentum with the rumour if the Herald are reporting directly from conjecture on the foz

99 days and no wins.

Even Muppet had a better strike rate FFS :rof:

It was 228 days between when Stubbins was appointed and he got his first competitive win (comparing apples with apples). So there is still time.

MFKS
06-10-2015, 09:57 AM
It was 228 days between when Stubbins was appointed and he got his first competitive win (comparing apples with apples). So there is still time.

Yeah but Muppet has 3 wins to his name at HAL level.

Millertime is on zero still and the clock is ticking.

At this point in time Muppet is well in front :rof:

stopper2
06-10-2015, 10:20 PM
^^^^^
Can't wait for the season to start so we can get back to talking about football instead of talking s.hit!!!

plague
06-10-2015, 11:41 PM
^^^^^
Can't wait for the season to start so we can get back to talking about football instead of talking s.hit!!!

kickoff aint gonna save you from that fate homie.

MFKS
12-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Only 3 more wins required to be a better Manager than the Muppet

Wonder how many games it will take him

belchardo
23-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Doin' alright so far. He's good with a microphone in his hand as well.

q-money
24-10-2015, 09:43 AM
let's get this joker some proper shoes

GazFish35
24-10-2015, 11:04 AM
He wears what he wants!
He wears what he wants!
Scotty Miller, he wears what he wants!

He wears what he wants!
He wears what he wants!
A suit, tie and sneakers!
he wears what he wants!

It's better than yours
It's better than yours
Scott miller's dress sense
It's better than yours!

Jeterpool
30-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Won as many as the previous muppet in about 1/5th the time

Grimario
30-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Won as many as the previous muppet in about 1/5th the time

1/5th? And you're the statto?

belchardo
30-10-2015, 10:43 PM
god, love listening to him being interviewed. just talks straight - not much drivel comes out. unlike the last guy.

Jeterpool
30-10-2015, 10:44 PM
1/5th? And you're the statto?

Yeah. Making it up. Like 36% of the crap I post

leftrightout
30-10-2015, 10:44 PM
god, love listening to him being interviewed. just talks straight - not much drivel comes out. unlike the last guy.

Yeah he is a super impressive guy isn't he!

boz-monaut
30-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Kossie said it perfectly just then

baldrick
30-10-2015, 10:50 PM
Could easily be the best thing to happen in Newcastle football.

plague
30-10-2015, 10:54 PM
Could easily be the best thing to happen in Newcastle football.

Errrrrrrr, I think you're forgetting someone there.

Jeterpool
30-10-2015, 10:56 PM
Kossie said it perfectly just then

Yep agree

rhysd
30-10-2015, 11:02 PM
The Legend.

The Dunster
30-10-2015, 11:04 PM
I want to have Scott Millers baby.

Jetmaster
30-10-2015, 11:06 PM
Dont forget JP in all this.

halo se7en
30-10-2015, 11:06 PM

Totally agree. The guy just oozes confidence, knows what he wants, and doesn't talk shit. I love the straight face when he said he couldn't repeat what he said to the players at half time but that his fist was a bit sore.

Couscous
30-10-2015, 11:10 PM
I want to have Scott Millers baby.

Given the size of his jaw, I hope for your sake you have a caesarean.

joel31
30-10-2015, 11:12 PM
Given the size of his jaw, I hope for your sake you have a caesarean.
shouldn't you be preparing for playing the nix on monday

The Camel
30-10-2015, 11:47 PM
Only 3 more wins required to be a better Manager than the Muppet

Wonder how many games it will take him

WolfMan
31-10-2015, 07:56 AM
dont forget jp in all this.

this!

baldrick
31-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Errrrrrrr, I think you're forgetting someone there.

I stand by what I said.

halo se7en
31-10-2015, 01:39 PM
I'm sure we'll have moments this season where we question what Miller is doing, or don't agree with something, but he hasn't put a foot wrong since he arrived in Newcastle. His intentions for what he wanted were laid out early on, and he's stuck by it. The guy doesn't talk BS and it's such a breath of fresh air. The players have clearly bought into his methods and for the most part are executing them near-perfectly on game day.

We haven't fluked these wins - we've ridden our luck at times but that's football. We've won games because we've stuck to our strategy. We beat the Phoenix away - and then held out for 17(?) minutes with 10 men. Enough said. We lined up against Sydney, grand finalists, without our captain and CB, without leaky, Carney out of position, and then lost Haliti early and Birraz late on. We had a fair goal ruled out and it still took them 88 minutes to score and only just beat us. Our attacking play, especially against both Mexicans was very purposeful and dangerous - only Trifunovic was misfiring last week which meant the game was closer than it should have been. We then start slow last night and both Miller and the players show the tactical nous and mental fortitude to not lay down and concede defeat, to not only draw but have the audacity to actually win the game.

As I said, none of this is a fluke. It seems to be going very much to plan, and I genuinely have not been this impressed with a Jets coach in our short history, nor have I been this impressed with how quickly our culture & mentality has improved. It's a nice time to be a Jets fan.

plague
31-10-2015, 07:21 PM
By the way has anyone gone back through to point out the Rudan fan boiz to see if they are now dapping this dude up?

Retro Jet
31-10-2015, 11:52 PM
Nothing would please me more tomorrow than to see the PoxSports cameras spotting
Mr Miller & JP in the stands of Where's Wally Wankerer's World, plotting the next victims downfall.

That and a few draws too :tongue:

GazFish35
01-11-2015, 04:36 AM
I'm sure we'll have moments this season where we question what Miller is doing, or don't agree with something, but he hasn't put a foot wrong since he arrived in Newcastle. His intentions for what he wanted were laid out early on, and he's stuck by it. The guy doesn't talk BS and it's such a breath of fresh air. The players have clearly bought into his methods and for the most part are executing them near-perfectly on game day.

We haven't fluked these wins - we've ridden our luck at times but that's football. We've won games because we've stuck to our strategy. We beat the Phoenix away - and then held out for 17(?) minutes with 10 men. Enough said. We lined up against Sydney, grand finalists, without our captain and CB, without leaky, Carney out of position, and then lost Haliti early and Birraz late on. We had a fair goal ruled out and it still took them 88 minutes to score and only just beat us. Our attacking play, especially against both Mexicans was very purposeful and dangerous - only Trifunovic was misfiring last week which meant the game was closer than it should have been. We then start slow last night and both Miller and the players show the tactical nous and mental fortitude to not lay down and concede defeat, to not only draw but have the audacity to actually win the game.

As I said, none of this is a fluke. It seems to be going very much to plan, and I genuinely have not been this impressed with a Jets coach in our short history, nor have I been this impressed with how quickly our culture & mentality has improved. It's a nice time to be a Jets fan.

Well said.

We've finally started playing like we know what the four pillars of successful football are.

Concentration,
Understanding of the game,
Nous and
Tenacity.

hawk
01-11-2015, 10:14 AM
which club will now want Miller. lets start with City. We havent any cred in retaining a decent player

the blue manc
09-11-2015, 08:06 PM
had a chat to scott miller at the junction today. what a top bloke, very approachable, he was still filthy about the loss on saturday arvo.

hawk
14-11-2015, 09:39 PM
had a chat to scott miller at the junction today. what a top bloke, very approachable, he was still filthy about the loss on saturday arvo.

Can you pass this on for me next time.

"Dont ever fk up like that again or you'll be eating shit like that other **** stubbins."

It is not a normal game, you had an extra player and the team were not interested enough in attack or defence. aim up or go back to dick eating

MFKS
14-11-2015, 09:41 PM
I have some plastic is it to early to start making banners yet??

That was the most insipid display I have seen from us since the lifeless flogging at home V Roar last year that started the shit with Muppet.

All second half I just wanted to ****ing die watching the ineptness from us continue without any sign of change from our coach.

lquiquer
14-11-2015, 09:47 PM

That was the most insipid display I have seen from us since the lifeless flogging at home V Roar last year that started the shit with Muppet.

All second half I just wanted to ****ing die watching the ineptness from us continue without any sign of change from our coach.

Never too early and also direct it to FFA bcause we not the WSW and they won't inject the $$$$$ required

Mark325
14-11-2015, 11:09 PM
Miller said on the post-show on fox sports that that wasn't up to par and that they will have to get together on Monday and figure some shit out cause that wasn't to our full potential. Happy too see that he isn't brushing that off as unlucky and is aware that overall, against a team who has one of the worst looking teams in the comp and was a man down, and who are our rivals that didn't cut it. Was weird considering we praised him for being a coach with a plan b after the City game, but this game he needs to be questioned for not pushing the team at all, not changing formations, not moving players around and capitalising on the potential we had to easily take this game

Thomas477
15-11-2015, 12:11 AM
What ****ed us over, aside from Leo being hacked down, was no backup #10. Our game seems so centred around that position that without a functional 10, we have nothing. Carney was trying, but he is not a 10. What happened to Coops?

MFKS
15-11-2015, 12:14 AM
What ****ed us over, aside from Leo being hacked down, was no backup #10. Our game seems so centred around that position that without a functional 10, we have nothing. Carney was trying, but he is not a 10. What happened to Coops?

Carney was trying??

What you mean???

Many times he wouldn't pass the ball or tried to much and then refused to chase after the ball.

Not my idea of trying when a bloke refuses to chase back particularly when he has ****ed up and chooses to have a primadonna moment

Bremsstrahlung
15-11-2015, 12:19 AM
Nothing worse than a block who doesn't chase back or get themself into a position to affect play (positively) after losing the ball.

Just overnight. Sterling loses ball. Tracks back for a bit, then let's his man roam and bam, goal. 1-0 down.

hawk
15-11-2015, 11:55 AM
If we havent the brains to take out their best man then we got what we deserved.

Miller should have come up with a game plan that at least hampered their best 2 players or he isnt the man for us. leaning close to muppet2

sammydog
15-11-2015, 12:50 PM

Look at the Bench we had, what changes would you have made to fix the midfield mess we had?

Until we get some players back from injuries, there is no-one who will come in and make a difference, certainly not on the bench we had last night.

halo se7en
15-11-2015, 04:36 PM
I never thought we'd miss Kantarovski so much.

stopper2
15-11-2015, 04:44 PM
I never thought we'd miss Kantarovski so much.

Yes, Kanta and Mateo seem to work well in the centre together, much better combination as Kanta has become a player this season with a bit of a presence about him when defending and now in attack has become a bit more direct and positive. Certainly if he is fit, he must start before Watson.

belchardo
15-11-2015, 04:55 PM
can't believe nobody is talking about the waistcoat he was wearing last night.

ForeverRed
15-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Why didn't he leave carney out wide and play two up front after the red, out coached last night

hawk
15-11-2015, 05:34 PM
can't believe nobody is talking about the waistcoat he was wearing last night.

too busy worrying about why we are going cvntup again

MFKS
15-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Look at the Bench we had, what changes would you have made to fix the midfield mess we had?

Until we get some players back from injuries, there is no-one who will come in and make a difference, certainly not on the bench we had last night.

The bloke had plenty of options. The players at his disposal are just light on experience at HAL

He could have put Carney to 10 as he did and replaced Leo with Lundy which would have made more sense to play a kid in his correct position rather than the abominal idea of playing Pavicevic out of position

He could have left Carney out on the right and thrown Pawiak or Cowburn into CM.
Yes both of them play that position naturally.

He had 4 options to pick and chose to play someone out of position in a bizarre tactical **** up.

Lets not even get into formation changes and what could have been done whether that be 2 up front 3 at the back etc

He had options and done NOTHING

Wilso8948
15-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Let's all just take a step back and realise this team is still punching above it's weight. Depth was always going to be a big issue with our off season and limited recruitment time. I still give miller credit for slapping together a semi decent competitive side within only a few months. Yes I question some decisions made yesty but other positive performances still outweigh the negatives. We have jumped out of the box but let's just hope we are still up punching come the business end of the season. I'm just glad that we aren't getting our asses handed to us each and every week. The fact that I actually cared we lost yesty shows me personally the club is headed in the right direction. And I'm normally one of the negative ones.

plague
15-11-2015, 08:48 PM
and i'm normally one of the negative ones.

dont you dare switch sides now wilso8948 we need all the help we can get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wilso8948
15-11-2015, 09:01 PM
dont you dare switch sides now wilso8948 we need all the help we can get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't stress. I still hate the ****ers and refuse to buy their weak as piss excuse for a jersey.

stopper2
15-11-2015, 10:37 PM
The bloke had plenty of options. The players at his disposal are just light on experience at HAL

He could have put Carney to 10 as he did and replaced Leo with Lundy which would have made more sense to play a kid in his correct position rather than the abominal idea of playing Pavicevic out of position

He could have left Carney out on the right and thrown Pawiak or Cowburn into CM.
Yes both of them play that position naturally.

He had 4 options to pick and chose to play someone out of position in a bizarre tactical **** up.

Lets not even get into formation changes and what could have been done whether that be 2 up front 3 at the back etc

He had options and done NOTHING

Of late I've been a bit confused with some things you've been saying old mate but you are right on the money this time.

One thing is for sure, Cowburn has given Miller hopefully something to think about, provided some real spark and was real positive in his play when he came on. Hope we see much more of him in coming games.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
16-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Let's all just take a step back and realise this team is still punching above it's weight. Depth was always going to be a big issue with our off season and limited recruitment time. I still give miller credit for slapping together a semi decent competitive side within only a few months. Yes I question some decisions made yesty but other positive performances still outweigh the negatives. We have jumped out of the box but let's just hope we are still up punching come the business end of the season. I'm just glad that we aren't getting our asses handed to us each and every week. The fact that I actually cared we lost yesty shows me personally the club is headed in the right direction. And I'm normally one of the negative ones.

100% agree. With the squad we have if we are scrapping for 6 spot at the end of the season we will be doing well. Overall the signs are very encouraging but by rights we should finish in the bottom 3 with Perth and the Gypos.We are still showing progress on last season, but lets try and be a little bit realistic and balanced (obviously I dont expect that to occur on here)

Jeterpool
23-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Jets Coaching Summary

Coach Matches Goals For Goals Conceded 1st Half For 1st Half Conceded YC Second Yellow Straight Red RC Win Draw Loss WIN % DRAW % LOSS % Average Goals For Avg Goals Conceded Average YC
Scott Miller 7 8 7 1 3 22 1 0 1 3 2 2 43% 29% 29% 1.14 1.00 3.14
Phil Stubbins 27 23 55 9 15 67 1 1 2 3 8 16 11% 30% 59% 0.85 2.04 2.48
Branko Culina 59 63 81 31 37 101 4 4 8 20 12 27 34% 20% 46% 1.07 1.37 1.71
Gary Van Egmond 129 161 181 70 77 278 7 6 13 46 32 51 36% 25% 40% 1.25 1.40 2.16
Clayton Zane 12 19 17 8 9 30 0 1 1 5 2 5 42% 17% 42% 1.58 1.42 2.50
Nick Theodorakopoulos 7 6 16 3 9 8 2 1 3 0 3 4 0% 43% 57% 0.86 2.29 1.14
Craig Deans 3 4 4 3 2 5 0 0 0 2 0 1 67% 0% 33% 1.33 1.33 1.67
Richard Money 23 28 31 16 8 40 1 2 3 9 5 9 39% 22% 39% 1.22 1.35 1.74

belchardo
23-11-2015, 12:08 PM
would be interested to see that table re-done with GVE mark 1 and GVE mark 2.

plague
23-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Have we sacked this bozo yet?
Blokes done nothing.