PDA

View Full Version : Sign Joel Griffiths

Pages : [1] 2

*FREE
22-06-2012, 11:58 PM
http://media.sbs.com.au/theworldgame/upload_media/6653_dsc-0586.jpg

Can't believe there isn't a thread about this already. Priority signing.

Please discuss.

Jets
23-06-2012, 12:03 AM
"Joel!"

- Chinese fan of Joel Griffiths

hamma01
23-06-2012, 12:28 AM
http://wildeastfootball.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/DSC02099-640x420.jpg

fooking mongs........Need too be shot imo

Jeterpool
23-06-2012, 07:22 AM
You can't see it, but that's probably Drogba in disguise holding the sign.

pv4
23-06-2012, 07:34 AM
do it
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/05a2586e.jpg

Jets
23-06-2012, 10:36 AM
You can't see it, but that's probably Drogba in disguise holding the sign.

Scrolled down a bit on the original image:

http://i.imgur.com/nABJa.png

Confirmed.

boz-monaut
23-06-2012, 10:21 PM
I still can't hear C + C Music Factory, Gonna Make You Sweat without thinking this track comes on whenever Griffo walks into a room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaTGrV58wec

Jeterpool
25-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Scrolled down a bit on the original image:

http://i.imgur.com/nABJa.png

Confirmed.

As I suspected...

hawk
03-07-2012, 01:32 PM
And former Newcastle legend Joel Griffiths has fuelled speculation about a possible homecoming, telling SBS website The World Game yesterday that the Jets would be his first preference if he was to return from China....nh
Getting close now

Rocknerd
04-07-2012, 12:56 PM
We need someone of his Awesomeness on the team sheet. Let's see a griffo brother reunion! get into it GVE!

hauss
04-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but my fortunes in every aspect of my life have improved since the Griff turned his gaze back to Australia.

Marcus
05-07-2012, 08:41 AM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but my fortunes in every aspect of my life have improved since the Griff turned his gaze back to Australia.

Hell, I'm even thinking about moving back to Newcastle.

plague
05-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Steven Hawking just made the comment that the Higgs Boson particle bears a striking resemblance to the Griff.
It's all beginning to make sense now.

Marcus
05-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Steven Hawking just made the comment that the Higgs Boson particle bears a striking resemblance to the Griff.
It's all beginning to make sense now.

THE GOD PARTICLE.

Opening up black holes in the universe when smashing particles between his boot and the ball.

snake
05-07-2012, 12:32 PM
griff particle :cool:

http://media.sbs.com.au/theworldgame/upload_media/6653_dsc-0586.jpg = :cool:

griff :cool:

Marcus
05-07-2012, 02:11 PM
griff particle :cool:

Griff is God. Duh.

MFKS
05-07-2012, 11:39 PM

That's rather interesting cause the exact opposite has happened to me my life has turned to shit. Whatever can go wrong seems to go wrong. Maybe this is just payment to the gods for the impending return of Griff. Maybe my life will improve as soon as Griff pulls up in Newy in Tinks private Jet and utters the magic words " I'm Back F#$% the Gypos "

OmeletteDuFromage
05-07-2012, 11:43 PM
That's rather interesting cause the exact opposite has happened to me my life has turned to shit. Whatever can go wrong seems to go wrong. Maybe this is just payment to the gods for the impending return of Griff. Maybe my life will improve as soon as Griff pulls up in Newy in Tinks private Jet and utters the magic words " I'm Back F#$% the Gypos "

Well, that would be the most logical ending.

MFKS
06-07-2012, 10:49 AM

So it gets worse. Got woken up this morning to find out my cousin had committed suicide overnight. Highly troubled individual with a lot of issues who chose to take the soft option and not face them.

RIP

q-money
06-07-2012, 11:04 AM
pwoah hardcore shit MFKFC

all the best buddy, that is terrible

hauss
06-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Really sorry to hear that MFKS. That's a dreadful thing for a family to have to deal with. Suicide is a pretty complex issue. Please get help for yourself or any member of your family if you or they need it. Lifeline, beyond blue etc.

hawk
08-07-2012, 08:07 PM
We need some good news, have we signed him yet?

hawk
19-07-2012, 01:19 PM
FORMER Jets golden boy Joel Griffiths has ended talk of a return to Newcastle and spoken of a ‘‘surreal’’ training session at Shanghai Shenhua with former English Premier League stars Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka. nh

:sigh::sigh::sigh:

scozzygt
20-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Good, as i stated before,he is not interested as returning as some sort of hero messiah.
Move on, look to tha future, and find another use for your right hand.
GET OVER HIM !!

hawk
20-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Ok, Heil Hitler right hand salute. Better?

scozzygt
20-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

steve136
20-07-2012, 08:42 PM
<3 Joel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65fI26pDPy4&feature=fvwrel

scozzygt
20-07-2012, 08:49 PM
love it Steve

hawk
23-07-2012, 11:29 PM
http://blogs.theage.com.au/schembri/amon1.jpg

parksey
26-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Played against Man Utd tonight in a friendly. Had Shanghai's best chance, a decent shot well saved.

hauss
20-08-2012, 09:52 AM
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/248333,joel-drog-and-anelka.aspx

This article really highlights the benefits for us that would come from Joel playing with the likes of Anelka and Drogba. He's willing to learn from them and it would be great for him to bring this back to the Jets and help to coach the younger strikers into the future.

Most important part of the article.

The 32-year-old has not ruled out a return to the A-League and plans to make a decision on his future in early October.

Marcus
22-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Q: How do you know when your staff member is ready for a promotion?

A: When he gives you this as a gift:

belchardo
22-08-2012, 11:30 AM
ready for a promotion or a gold medal arse kisser?

pv4
22-08-2012, 11:40 AM

aren't they basically the same thing?

MFKS
22-08-2012, 12:15 PM
It's pleasing to take note the Lord Griff actually moved to a club that wears the blue and red colours whilst on his Chinese odyssey just to get used to the colours again before his impending return to lead Newy to the Toilet seat this season.

At least his hair and complexion should look in sync with the kit when he gets back home

Marcus
22-08-2012, 12:19 PM

Either way, he is awesome! By far the most thoughtful gift I've ever recieved from someone at work (and it's not just something he picked up at the local shops)

pv4
22-08-2012, 12:35 PM
did you receive it today? if so, I'd be a little hesitant to give the bloke a promotion as its a sign he is prone to tardiness. griffmas was yesterday, he's a day late.

MFKS
22-08-2012, 12:37 PM
did you receive it today? if so, I'd be a little hesitant to give the bloke a promotion as its a sign he is prone to tardiness. griffmas was yesterday, he's a day late.

Just coz it was actually Griffmas yesterday means nothing PV.

Griffmas may be a 1 day celebration to you but I celebrate Griffmas 365 days a year.

belchardo
22-08-2012, 12:40 PM

he could be one of the orthodox griffians, they open their presents on the griffmas version of boxing day.

pv4
22-08-2012, 12:53 PM
he could be one of the orthodox griffians, they open their presents on the griffmas version of boxing day.

of course, how inconsiderate of me.

snake
22-08-2012, 01:44 PM

what other type of Griffologists are there? orthodox and heretics

Marcus
22-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Just coz it was actually Griffmas yesterday means nothing PV.

Griffmas may be a 1 day celebration to you but I celebrate Griffmas 365 days a year.

Correct.

Also correct. lol.

MFKS
24-08-2012, 07:58 PM
**** it I have had a gutful of this shit.

Where the **** is Griffo??

I am proposing we let Jets Management know how we feel about this farcical situation. I am proposing the construction and display of a TIFO asking Where the F$#% is Joel?? Now I understand that TIFO's should only be used once but I say we raise this ****er every game until the day Lord Griff comes home.

Now as I have **** all talent when it comes to painting or sewing and my best talent is running my mouth and throwing money at something I am gonna stick to the latter!!

I am putting up one of these

to the kitty to see this initiative get off the ground

Jetmaster
24-08-2012, 10:24 PM
He hates us all and doesn't want to come back.....get over it...

Will play for Wanderers when he gets back with a spike in Lifeline calls in Newy resulting...

Griff is dead to me.

MFKS
24-08-2012, 10:41 PM
He hates us all and doesn't want to come back.....get over it...

Will play for Wanderers when he gets back with a spike in Lifeline calls in Newy resulting...

Griff is dead to me.

Why would you say something so mean and untrue???:what::wtf::blush:

seldom
24-08-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm with scozzy on this one. He won't return and risk blemishing his legend status. Of course I hope I'm wrong

Jetmaster
25-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I was drunk when I wrote that but really, the Griff (and his penis) are legendary.....but there comes a time to move forward.

And I don't think bringing back Griff now is moving forward, he has had his opportunities to return and knocked them back - and he is getting on.

parksey
25-08-2012, 02:20 PM
why move forward when we can move backwards and closer to our title winning year

la bazzle
26-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Hey guiz.... Just wondering if we will be signing one j griff

Jeterpool
28-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Could be soon. Premier league are on high alert, according to the daily mail, for Drogba and Anelka. Cash flow troubles are being experienced and there is also an ownership issue. Watch this space

scozzygt
01-09-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm with scozzy on this one. He won't return and risk blemishing his legend status. Of course I hope I'm wrong

Ground control 2 major tom.

scozzygt
01-09-2012, 09:17 PM

I was drunk when I wrote that but really, the Griff (and his penis) are legendary.....but there comes a time to move forward.

And I don't think bringing back Griff now is moving forward, he has had his opportunities to return and knocked them back - and he is getting on.

AHEM, what did Scozz try to tell you all

Blackmac79
02-09-2012, 10:31 AM
What would a rangers fan know about anything?

plague
02-09-2012, 10:57 AM
I had a thought yesterday whilst playing our semi final.
The Jets should sign Joel Griffiths.
What do you guys think?

furns
02-09-2012, 11:04 AM
genius

hauss
04-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Who the hell is ADP?

Hope the Jets are following Shanghai's situation closely and are ready to pounce as soon as JMG becomes available.

Jetmaster
04-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Surprised nobody has put it up as an item for council elections !

scozzygt
05-09-2012, 09:07 PM
What would a rangers fan know about anything?

World record holders for 1
LOL, we know fxxk all, but WE DONT CARE!!!!

sanchez
06-09-2012, 04:12 PM
sign him for f*ck's sake

c*nts

sanchez
06-09-2012, 04:13 PM
also, hey Scoz. Ya f*cken maddee.

pv4
06-09-2012, 04:54 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/20swqa0.png

scozzygt
07-09-2012, 08:08 PM
also, hey Scoz. Ya f*cken maddee.

Sanch,are u still tha dry nuts king?
me nose a very notty matoore that will fix ye up.
Yer a fxckn tool.
Bro :grin:

snake
12-09-2012, 09:44 AM
agree with scozz - bring back the griff

MFKS
02-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Authorities continue to pay scant regard to the role football plays in forging deeper ties with our Asian neighbours.
Two weeks ago I visited a market near the city of Erbil in northern Iraq looking for a replica shirt of the local club side that I’d spent the previous days covering for SBS.

Nestled in amongst the yellow strip – yellow of different hues, to be fair – of Erbil and the ever-present Real Madrid and Barcelona fakes I stumbled across, of all things, an Adelaide United shirt.

It was an AFC Champions League strip complete with a giant Coopers advert (a product that may struggle to crack the tricky Iraq market) and the No. 10 on the front.
Looking at the reverse side, expecting to see Vidosic, there was another surprise as "Podolski" was emblazoned below the collar, but despite the "No. 10 identity crisis" the very fact there was a shirt from Adelaide in Iraq at all was a demonstration of the power of football throughout the continent.
I’ve travelled extensively throughout Asia during the past decade and since the switch to the AFC in 2006 there are two, perhaps three, clubs that are familiar to a broad Asian audience.

Adelaide and Melbourne Victory. In some cases also Central Coast.

The reason, of course, is simple – they are the clubs which have been mainstays in the Asian Champions League.

If Sydney FC, for example, suddenly think "Asia" is going to embrace it just because it signed an ageing Italian star, it is seriously misjudging the region.

Qualification for – and success in – the ACL will do far more for your “brand” than a hotchpotch series of circus matches the likes of which David Beckham and his merry men have even managed to exhaust.

If you need any proof that the ACL is one of the great bridges between Asia and Australia just ask any Australian football supporter to name two or three Japanese or Korean clubs. Chances are those recalled will be that country’s Champions League sides.

The ACL and the Socceroos involvement in Asia – not to mention the impact of the 2015 Asian Cup – have been genuine facilitators of a deeper understanding between Australia and its Asian neighbours.

Players are, as one Olyroos player famously said a couple of years ago, going to places that “normal people” don’t … and fans are following.

Amman, Kunming, Doha and Kuwait City wouldn’t have been on the hit-lists of many young Australians prior to 2006 but they are just some of the cities that have been taken over by an ever-increasing number of travelling Australian football fans.

I’ve met supporters and players alike during this time who have been motivated to study an Asian language as a result of their travels, to move to the region to work, who have started websites devoted to Asian football and even those who have fallen in love and married along the journey.

Not to mention those from other nations who have been inspired to visit and learn about Australia as a result of those same encounters.

Football is a powerful tool for cross-cultural understanding and the various national teams, FFA and Australian diplomatic missions abroad are all doing their part in helping to build these “bridges of understanding”.

In short, football represents one of the most direct and lasting relationships that Australians can build with their Asian brethren – a region in which literally tens of millions of people play, watch and live the sport.

Which makes this week’s release of the long-awaited white paper Australia in the Asian Century all the more confusing.

Becoming an “Asia-literate nation”, developing “collaborative relationships” and forging greater “economic links” all feature prominently as ambitions for Australia over the coming decades, yet the role of sport in enhancing these links is virtually overlooked.

Of the 25 “national objectives” listed, only one mentioned the role that sport can play.

Adding to the disappointment was the fact that football was one of only a handful of sporting organisations (hello netball and racing!) amongst the 273 submissions the authors received.

FFA’s submission was one of the most comprehensive, running to 30 pages and stacked with detail of the important work football has already done in integrating Australia into the broader Asian continent and suggestions for how the sport can be used to further these links.

Amongst the key points were:

*Australia’s involvement in football and development work throughout Asia, specifically in Goa, Timor-Leste and Indonesia

*The role of Australian players – including the unlikely ambassadorial role played by Joel Griffiths – in working to improve Australia’s image in Asia

*The opportunities presented by the 2015 AFC Asian Cup

*The proposed establishment of a “Football Asia Council” to “coordinate commercial, cultural and public diplomacy programs”.

*A push for greater development funding for football throughout Asia

*The opportunities presented by targeting tourism campaigns around the Asian Cup

Yet from this comprehensive submission, what was featured in the report?

Of the 320 pages just three paragraphs – and one break-out box – mentioned football in the “Asian Century”.

Yet other “cultural and educational institutions” (valuable as they are) received page after page of positive reviews around the role they can play.

In a broad sense perhaps football was a victim of its own inclusiveness.

The White Paper used a very narrow definition of Asia – and with scant explanation as to why those boundaries were drawn – as being from India across through Southeast Asia to Northeast Asia and pointedly excluded Australia from this grouping.

Football in Australia belongs to a broad region of 47 permanent members stretching from Lebanon to Launceston meaning, as it noted in its submission, that FFA is “one of the few Australian organisations to enjoy full membership of an Asian supranational body”.

It is important to highlight again some of the positive work Australia is doing in Asia, and not just at an administrative level.

There are now almost 50 Australians playing in Asia and many of them are wonderful ambassadors, including the likes of Aleks Vrteski and particularly Robbie Gaspar, who are working with the Players Association in Indonesia to fight for the rights of their fellow professionals and for structural change in one of the most important football regions in Asia.

However while Australia has, in many cases quietly, been doing development and diplomatic work in Asia for many years and a vast number of Australian players enjoy the rewards of playing in Asian competitions, there remain some glaring problems within the relationship.

As I’ve argued for many years, the exchange of players has been stacked predominantly in favour of Australia exporting to Asia.

Almost 100 Australians have played in an Asian league since the move to the AFC in 2006, yet barely a dozen have featured in the A-League over the same time.

This current season alone there are, at latest count, 49 Australians playing in an AFC competition with a grand total of five (only one of whom is regularly playing) in the A-League.

The sheer imbalance of these numbers is something FFA should be working to remedy, yet the national body continues to ignore the obvious solution.

It’s quite simple – the time for Australia to adopt the AFC’s 3+1 rule (or variants thereof) has well and truly arrived.

When that happens then FFA can truly say it is part of the Asian football family.

The next step is to educate certain agents, promoters and club officials that Asia is a vast region home to myriad languages, cultures and social customs that present opportunities for exchange rather than the “cashed-up market” they prefer to see.

Maybe then even the government will start to see the power of football in bringing people and groups together for mutual benefit across this broad continent in which Australia sits in the south-eastern corner.

As the White Paper notes, this century will see the “tyranny of distance replaced by prospects of proximity”.

Can't come home at the moment as he is a diplomat working for the greater good of Australia

Griffo:cool:

snake
02-11-2012, 02:13 PM
**** straya

forza newy

Mitchy
02-11-2012, 03:13 PM
**** straya

forza newy

Novocastria

Thomas477
02-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Just sign him ffs and let him do his humanitarian work in the short offseason we have.

No that difficult.

hawk
02-11-2012, 11:48 PM
you know the slogan

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/billsinger/files/2011/05/300px-Churchill_V_sign_HU_***21.jpg

q-money
04-11-2012, 11:13 AM
http://v.pptv.com/show/Afdp50ib1JWPGRKw.html

the griff is leaving shanghai, one can only assume it is to come back to his people

plague
04-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Probs to take up Australia's seat on the U.N. security council.

Would bring world peace before play lunch he would.

Left Winger
05-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Get R.Griffo to convince him!

plague
13-11-2012, 04:23 PM
GRIFF IS COMING BACK.

To play in Jack Newtons golf tournament.
December 18/19 @ Cypress Lakes.

One can only assume that Kim Jong-il's world record 38 under par (inc 11 hole in ones) would be under threat by the great man.

GazFish35
13-11-2012, 05:41 PM
GRIFF IS COMING BACK.

One can only assume that Kim Jong-il's world record 38 under par (inc 11 hole in ones) would be under threat by the great man.

are rugby league players still invited to play in this?

seldom
13-11-2012, 08:05 PM
are rugby league players still invited to play in this?

who else is gunna sexually harass the young women there ?

cobra23
13-11-2012, 09:01 PM
who else is gunna sexually harass the young women there ?

Well hope there is women there, i reckon once he gets a taste of what he once owned (newy chicks pink bits)
he will be back for good,
So if GVE was smart he should take the check book to this comp and sit and wait for the moment grif gets a sniff

MFKS
14-11-2012, 10:40 AM
GRIFF IS COMING BACK.

Just acclimatising for January 1`

militiamon
29-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Hey Griff, what's happening? :)

parksey
05-12-2012, 06:49 PM
apparently a bidding war between syd fc and wsw over griff is about to happen. no mention of us.

sh10
05-12-2012, 06:54 PM
i have faith he's just trolling them like rafa is trolling chelsea

otherwise i will have to neck myself, i hate football

belchardo
05-12-2012, 07:13 PM
otherwise i will have to neck myself, i hate football

shit, should have taken up that offer of a 50% share in a rope business.

goaliepersempre
06-12-2012, 09:45 AM
shit, should have taken up that offer of a 50% share in a rope business.

yup would be a good investment if Griff doesnt come back/

hawk
09-12-2012, 12:03 AM
hey Griff, sup?

scozzygt
09-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Toolis maximus.
furk off

au revoir
09-12-2012, 10:10 PM
scozzlebutt bringin' his A-game.

parksey
09-12-2012, 11:56 PM
ryan griff said on shoot-out tonight that j griff will go to a sydney club if he does come back

seldom
10-12-2012, 12:00 AM
they call him the wanderer !

sh10
10-12-2012, 12:04 AM
dead to me

hawk
10-12-2012, 12:05 AM
need 2 j griffs now

GazFish35
10-12-2012, 08:02 AM
GVE doesnt deserve to have griff

sammydog
13-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Photo from Adam Griffiths Twitter. On the way to Sydney FC?

https://twitter.com/AdamGriffo8/status/279091366951284737/photo/1/large

Rumours going around that he has signed with SFC.

furns
13-12-2012, 04:53 PM
TWG is reporting that its a done deal.

HSG out.

hauss
13-12-2012, 04:55 PM
End of the world has begun a few days early.

howardyou
13-12-2012, 04:56 PM
SBS - The World Game‏ @TheWorldGame

BREAKING: Joel Griffiths has signed for Sydney FC. More to follow soon #aleague #sbstwg

https://twitter.com/TheWorldGame

howardyou
13-12-2012, 04:58 PM
This will change the Forum forever......

boz-monaut
13-12-2012, 05:00 PM
always hated the bloke

as has everyone else on this forum

q-money
13-12-2012, 05:02 PM
****en sweet do nae have to go to newy to watch the great man anymore

see ya round dickheads

howardyou
13-12-2012, 05:03 PM
always hated the bloke

Ha ha classic Foz.

pistolpete
13-12-2012, 05:03 PM
always hated the bloke

Was he that idiot that hit the linesman in the cock? His brother made shit tshirts iirc

q-money
13-12-2012, 05:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uaSeI.gif

pistolpete
13-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Sydney FC saving money by only buying attackers and trying to win every game 10-9

howardyou
13-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Does anyone remember Emile Heskey scoring the winning goal in the GF in 07/08? Good times.

BodyNovo
13-12-2012, 05:22 PM
So many people to thank

Jesic
Bridges
Deans
HSG
Gary

God I hope the 21st is the end of the world

q-money
13-12-2012, 05:25 PM
you forgot gallaway

hauss
13-12-2012, 05:26 PM
I just know Middleby was against it. Had to have been.

Rocky
13-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Oh get ****ed. We're like the Arsenal of the A-league. ****ing shitney, hope the place burns tomorrow.

RedMexican
13-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I just know Middleby was against it. Had to have been.

middleby was all for it, it was upto dutchy whether he signed or not

parksey
13-12-2012, 05:41 PM
from what I have heard dutchy was all for it. middleby was, allegedly, against it.

pv4
13-12-2012, 05:59 PM
from what I have heard, I fxxxing miss ljubo & griff

sh10
13-12-2012, 06:00 PM
i ****ing hate life

la bazzle
13-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Wow.....

namwob99
13-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Where's Ian Schubert? Is Brian Waldron in charge of their books? How can they afford him? They've only lost Petratos as far as I can see and he'd be getting payed less than Griffo cos he was ****en rubbish!! I wanna see an audit in to Sydney's books not done by one of Frank's cronies!!

Superdylan
13-12-2012, 06:12 PM
So when will griffo be allowed to play for sydney? By when we play them in 2 weeks.

parksey
13-12-2012, 06:17 PM
So when will griffo be allowed to play for sydney? By when we play them in 2 weeks.

not until mid-january i.e. after the world has ended

plague
13-12-2012, 06:24 PM
From what I heard he's got a very small pecker.

plague
13-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Does anyone remember Emile Heskey scoring the winning goal in the GF in 07/08? Good times.

Remember when Heskey stole the ball off Gypo midfielder Joel Griffiths to run away and score it.
Remember it like it was yesterday.

pistolpete
13-12-2012, 06:41 PM
He would have been signed as aus marquee I assume so what is the go with carle? Is he still on the books as a loaned out player? They would have rorted the rules somehow

q-money
13-12-2012, 06:45 PM
look at the dross they've got in there though, i doubt many of them are taking up much wedge

pv4
13-12-2012, 06:47 PM
emo is aust marquee. they let carle go to get adp. they have culina & griff under the cap.

funny how easy it is for Sydney to offload carle & dimi yet our excuse for not getting griff is our squad is full - yet we have jesic, aidsaway & bridges who we apparently can't offload

sh10
13-12-2012, 06:53 PM
middleby out

Grunta
13-12-2012, 06:54 PM
They can ****ing have him, like so many "professionals" he's only loyal to the almighty dollar.

Thomas477
13-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Let them have Griff, it will be hard for him to get any service with that "defence/midfield", as they call themselves.

****ing great day and good to see normal service has resumed.

Forza Newy.

hauss
13-12-2012, 07:33 PM
They can ****ing have him, like so many "professionals" he's only loyal to the almighty dollar.

I don't think he could have put himself in the shop window any more than he did. Yet not a peep out of the Jets. The usual no comment.

The Dunster
13-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Jason Culina and Joel Griffiths under the cap ? Get ****ed Sydney FC

This is beyond a joke.

pistolpete
13-12-2012, 07:38 PM
I am happy for these blokes to chase the dollars as they only have a short window in which to make the big money to set themselves up for later life. The issue i have is when blokes like Griff and Carle who are cult heroes leave and say "I will never play for any A League club other than Newcastle", then come back and sign for a huge rival club like it is nothing.
They need to say "Thanks for my time here, I would love to come back someday if the opportunity presents itself". It would still hurt but they wouldn't get the hate.

pv4
13-12-2012, 07:42 PM
griff is dead. long live griff.

or something

militiamon
13-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Bad time to purchase the domain:

www.joelgriffiths.asia

?

militiamon
13-12-2012, 07:44 PM
jk, solid move Griff

Hail Griff!

scozzygt
13-12-2012, 07:45 PM
:roflz:
:whistling:
:violin:
:arse:
Ma ****in sides are sare from laughing.
This place, a mean really.
scozz is a cock, he knows fuk all!!!!
:yay:

pistolpete
13-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Jason Culina and Joel Griffiths under the cap ? Get ****ed Sydney FC

Tiago will take them both out then they will sign Tevez and Lampard as injury cover

Muswellbrookian
13-12-2012, 07:46 PM
funny how easy it is for Sydney to offload carle & dimi yet our excuse for not getting griff is our squad is full - yet we have jesic, aidsaway & bridges who we apparently can't offload

Like I said a few weeks ago, the difference between us and Sydney (one of many, really) is that Sydney are willing to shift their squad around and axe players if they see an opportunity to sign someone good (like Culina, Griff, etc.). We can't be arsed, so we settle for whinging about cap restrictions and having a full squad when a bit of clever accounting or selling would free up exactly the funds and space we need.

Oh, and the blokes we would theoretically be looking to offload are so shit that we couldn't even pay other clubs to take them.

Griff to the Smurfs and Tinks' empire potentially in its death throes? This situation calls for a whole f*cking fleet of roflcopters. Honestly, I don't know if there's another club administration in the league that's so out of sync with what its fans want. (On the pitch, anyway. They certainly got the cheap tickets right, but that's about it.)

plague
13-12-2012, 08:15 PM
:roflz:
:whistling:
:violin:
:arse:
Ma ****in sides are sare from laughing.
This place, a mean really.
scozz is a cock, he knows fuk all!!!!
:yay:

Mods please change thread title to reflect how awesome this post is.

Can't wait to bounce my gran kiddies on my knee and remember the time Scozzy scored the winner in the '08 grand final.

Bremsstrahlung
13-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Stress less, we still got Kale Bradberry. If he is managed correctly, I believe could leave everyone trying to remember what J Griff's first name was.

So expect an announcement next week that he has been sold to Gypos/Smurfs, to bring in Stuey.

The Dunster
13-12-2012, 08:22 PM
ADP will probably pull the pin on the 2nd year of his contract. That's the only way I can see Culina and Griff getting under the cap this season.

Beeen
13-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Great goal by Song in '08

Muswellbrookian
13-12-2012, 08:23 PM
On the plus side, we'll always have our memories of The Sackwhack™. Just watched it again, best laugh I've had in weeks! Even the linesman was trying not to chuckle afterwards.

parksey
13-12-2012, 08:33 PM
we all knew this was going to happen, really.

scozzygt
13-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Mods please change thread title to reflect how awesome this post is.

Can't wait to bounce my gran kiddies on my knee and remember the time Scozzy scored the winner in the '08 grand final.

Awesome EGG sandwich.
:grin:

militiamon
13-12-2012, 08:34 PM
All-time champ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avmMdCk-Bvw

Captain Obvious
13-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Some of the fans aren't going to be very happy that he signed with Sydney.

parksey
13-12-2012, 08:40 PM
he should have honoured that marquee contract he signed with us back in '09 the khunt

scozzygt
13-12-2012, 08:42 PM
He will be here soon griff worshippers.
In a shitney shirt!!!!!
Make sure you all bend over for him!:arse:

parksey
13-12-2012, 08:50 PM
scozzy is our new god

q-money
13-12-2012, 08:52 PM
hail scozz

militiamon
13-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Picture deleted from Adam's twitter account.

Frank Farina and Tony Pignata trying to play things down...

This was all just a test. You all failed. Can confirm there will be many retributions and punishments.

pistolpete
13-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Some of the fans aren't going to be very happy that he signed with Sydney.
:lulz:

parksey
13-12-2012, 08:57 PM

This was all just a test. You all failed. Can confirm there will be many retributions and punishments.

What was the picture of btw?

parksey
13-12-2012, 09:03 PM
just saw it :(

scozzygt
13-12-2012, 09:06 PM
He has found his absolution.
:what:

david silva
13-12-2012, 09:10 PM
i'll still be there all pissed up next weekend against sydney.

this club is bigger than one player. #forzanewy

scozzygt
13-12-2012, 09:14 PM
hail scozz

shut yer pus

q-money
13-12-2012, 09:15 PM
:oops:

sammydog
13-12-2012, 09:16 PM

Bit late to delete it when it is all over the football websites.

http://i.haymarket.net.au/Utils/ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarket.net.a u%2fNews%2fadamjg.jpg&w=653

scozzygt
13-12-2012, 09:20 PM
:tongue:
:oops:

plague
13-12-2012, 09:30 PM

http://i.haymarket.net.au/Utils/ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarket.net.a u%2fNews%2fadamjg.jpg&w=653

Looks fat, lazy. Don't need someone who's let themself go like that.
Probs took a dive there too, laying round cheating the people again.

Shame.

baldrick
13-12-2012, 09:32 PM

Shanghai Football Club ?

MFKS
13-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Love Griffo couldn't care less where he ends up. Bloke is a legend and an icon of the club.

FFS it ain't like we have seriously shown any interest in him. Not like Jets have been in the press saying we want Griffo and Lord Griffo has rejected us. We have offered him nothing and then moan when he didn't come back to us for our offer of nothing FMD

Blokes a ****ing legend and will be applauded by the Member when he graces the field to play us. Hell I will even clap him if he scores.

Could be much worse he could be signing for the Gypo Scum

And to that bloke who mentioned Kales name don't give the ****s at HSG any ideas. They probably will sell him if given the idea

Long Live Lord Griffo

Muswellbrookian
13-12-2012, 09:48 PM

Signing for Sydney is only marginally better than signing for the Scum.

the_butcher
13-12-2012, 10:01 PM

Once again though, not his fault. Blame jets fc, not griff. Will be joining the member in cheering on jg

scozzygt
13-12-2012, 10:02 PM

Show pony.
Loves himself.
Hope he gets tinks on tha Shitney board.

parksey
13-12-2012, 10:29 PM
i think it's probably a bit unfair to blame our club for not signing the guy. seems pretty obvious that he got the better offer from sydney and probably wants to play with adp and his bro again.

apparently gve and middleby wanted him back. ultimately it's his decision.

let's see what he does if he ever scores against us. i will try to reserve my judgement until that time comes.

MFKS
13-12-2012, 10:50 PM

My definition of MARGINALLY is obviously a lot wider than yours.

I can cope with Jets players signing for a Sydney Club. May not really like it but can cope.
Signing for Gypos though unless we are sending Deans Galloway and Jesic in to white ant them from the inside the blokes who do so are NEVER FORGIVEN

ie That **** Musialik WILL not cheer that bloke ever if he returns to Newy (Even if he scored the winning Goal in the GF) as the rumours are suggesting he most likely will.

hauss
13-12-2012, 11:22 PM
can't help but think that this is a bad long term move for Joel. If he returned to newy he could have lived like a king and found a well respected part to play in the football community after he finished his career. in sydney he's no richer than anyone else. he means nothing to sydney. their club support is no bigger than ours. they'll boo him out of the club as soon as his form dips and forget about him soon after. Joel is obviously not a guy who thinks about the type of legacy he wants to leave because he has just kissed his newcastle legacy goodbye.

militiamon
13-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Shanghai Football Club ?

baldrick has cracked the code. wd mate.

Also shout out to the Member for once again restoring sanity to discussion. I don't know where we would be without him.

Muswellbrookian
13-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Once again though, not his fault. Blame jets fc, not griff. Will be joining the member in cheering on jg

Oh, I do blame the Jets. Absolutely. They didn't show a shred of public interest in him, and it seems like they didn't make much of a play for him behind the scenes, either. (Whatever the truth m with all this "Gary wanted him but Middleby didn't", "Middleby wanted him but Gary didn't" rubbish.) Offloading Jesic and/or Gallaway could easily have seen us free up the space and money to sign Griff for the rest of the season and work out a more permanent deal later - but that would obviously have been too easy for the Jets, wouldn't it? The blokes who run the club are a disgrace. Different times, different faces, same old story.

By the same token, I'm never going to buy into all this crap about Griffal infallibility. The Jets have honestly never felt quite like the Jets to me since 2008, and Griffo was a big part of creating the distinct aura we had back then and the atmosphere of our home games and away derbies. He was a joy to watch, a class striker, and an inspirational figure in a team that would probably struggle in the A-League these days and even then wasn't necessarily fancied by pundits (not that we ever are). A bit of a dickhead too, sure, but therein lay so much of his appeal. Love him or hate him, characters like Joel are few and far between these days, and I think back then we all got as much enjoyment out of watching his fire and his weekly shenanigans as we did out of seeing his free kicks, his turns, his great finishing and his impeccable penalties. Those days are gone, though. Joel loved Newcastle as a city, and probably always will, but his football allegiances only run so deep. He showed that - understandably, given the steaming pile of Gypo faeces that was our championship "defence" - when he walked out on his three-year marquee deal in the 2008/09 season. 1,000 other footballers in his position would have done the same. Fair enough. I just wish we could all let the past be the past, let the legend be the legend, without pretending that Joel Griffiths still is who he was.

He was, and always will be, a Newcastle football hero. He was the defining player of the club's A-League incarnation. Now, he's a Sydney FC player - or is about to be. Now, he's the enemy. Not a c*nt like Weak Ankles was in his sky blue days or a fickle and emotionally unstable artiste like his twin brother, but the enemy all the same. As much as the Jets shit me to tears, as much as I think we still have a roster full of deadwood that could really have used a guy like Joel right now, we're bigger than one player. All the best to Joel, except on the football field, but the dream's over now. Time to get back to reality.

seldom
13-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Just another old overrated hack.Didn't come back to Newy cause he knew he could'nt live up to the legendary status.Personally can't wait to Boo the money hungry cvnt.

p.s. long live scozz

sh10
14-12-2012, 12:05 AM
i blame sanchez for this, obviously didn't sacrifice enough virgins for our Lord to cometh

Jeterpool
14-12-2012, 07:35 AM
There is no guarantee that he will be coming back as the same player he was when he played for us. Only time will tell.

We got him in the prime of his career. He's more than likely going to Sydney for one last pay-day before settling down there with his family and to have extended family close by.

hauss
14-12-2012, 08:29 AM
There is no guarantee that he will be coming back as the same player he was when he played for us. Only time will tell.

We got him in the prime of his career. He's more than likely going to Sydney for one last pay-day before settling down there with his family and to have extended family close by.

He was a close to a local legend as we could get in this era. Time maybe for some Newcastle youngsters to make names for themselves the way a young Joel Griffiths did for Newcastle United in the NSL. That seems to be the only way they'll come back to the Hunter after their careers have peaked. Sick of these wankers from Sydney coming here and then scurrying back off to their expensive slums down South.

terry
14-12-2012, 09:02 AM

fallacy. You must adjust your radar grasshopper to that shitney are the aids of the earth.
They felch their own from their graves. Coasties are scum blue aids are worse.

hawk
14-12-2012, 09:27 AM
you dont need earth anymore...and that is sanchez with the sword :(

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/usa/images-2/resurrection-of-Christ.jpg

steve136
14-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Not really concerned that Joel is going to Sydney to be honest. We already have a few players capable of scoring goals, but our midfield isn't providing them with enough opportunities. Joel wouldn't have changed that.
Only difference in the Sydney team is that they'll now have another good attacking player upset that their defence sucks and most of the players surrounding them have zero ability.
We'll be ok without Griffo.
Watching Sydney will still be as entertaining as watching flies f-ck.

Superdylan
14-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Agree with you Steve. I have reserved my judgement off this forum over Joel but the reality is we have to move on. Sure we expected him to return but I obviously got over it alot quicker then a majority of jets fans on this forum.

Shall spice our derby with Sydney fc up a notch.

q-money
14-12-2012, 10:33 AM
go eat your hat SD

Captain Obvious
14-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Shall spice our derby with Sydney fc up a notch.

Stop stealing my material.

vikingjet
14-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Great post as usual Muswellbrookian. Sums up the feelings of a lot of supporters - the club has lost its mojo, and Joel was a big part of that. Taking away the gold, tight budgets and too many athletes have contributed to an overall decline in the vibe at games. Rather than lump crap on Joel, look to the club.

In fact, I think the old Griffo placards should come out and he should be lauded by the Jets fans when we play Sydney - at least it is slightly more original than the standard 'boo reflex'.

Brilliant striker who leaves everything on the field. Sydney will be a dangerous proposition now (ADP, Emo, Joel, Yau, Culina).

q-money
14-12-2012, 11:38 AM
i reckon they could get some atmosphere back if they gave out hats with the peak in the shape of a jet

vikingjet
14-12-2012, 11:58 AM
i reckon they could get some atmosphere back if they gave out hats with the peak in the shape of a jet

Or strap Virgili to that mini-Zeppelin with the NIB tag.

(peak in a jet shape = genius)

14-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Robert Middleby out FFS.

Poor example of a club leader. When things are going shit house he always goes AWOL and needs to be dragged kicking and screaming to inform those who are the back bone of any club, the supporters and members.

backstick
14-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Sydney will be a dangerous proposition now (ADP, Emo, Joel, Yau, Culina).

Emerton has been woeful this year.

Was average last year and worse this year. One if the ( if not The) worst value for money signings in the history of the league at $1million a season.

pistolpete
14-12-2012, 12:34 PM

:lol:

Jeterpool
14-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Let's see what happens next week.

What sort of reception will be given if he gets a run?

If he plays, and if he scores against us, lets see how he celebrates.

If he runs over to the squadron and gives everyone the big F-U, I think this place will go into meltdown.

boz-monaut
14-12-2012, 01:16 PM
not available until January apparently

and your scenario would create a pitch invasion and headlines of "OMG SOKKAH RIOT!!!!!!1!!!" on all the football hating papers

seldom
14-12-2012, 01:39 PM
No more advisory board to blame...Middleby out...Deans out.... and while i'm at it stadium caterers out.

Beeen
14-12-2012, 01:50 PM
No more advisory board to blame...Middleby out...Deans out.... and while i'm at it stadium caterers out.

Coke bottle sales have increased 10 fold.

pv4
14-12-2012, 02:08 PM
http://i.haymarket.net.au/Utils/ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarket.net.a u%2fNews%2fGriffithspic.jpg&w=653

2 year contract

first match jan 19

apparently robbie middleby says we approached him but he decided to sign for his home town instead

furns
14-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Robbie Middleby is talking out his arse. We didnt show enough interest.

militiamon
14-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Definitely skipping the trip to Gosford on the 19th, going straight to Sydney to watch Griff whoswithme?

Hala Griff!

pv4
14-12-2012, 02:27 PM
i'm in. can we wear a blonde wig, get white bonds singlets, put #29 on the back & on the front put "griff's gaycxxxts"? maybe that way we can turn him in to a heaping pile of poo, and him playing for sydney won't haunt us forever when he bangs in a hattrick against us & proceeds to celebrate.

MFKS
14-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Definitely skipping the trip to Gosford on the 19th, going straight to Sydney to watch Griff whoswithme?

Hala Griff!

Disgraceful idea :rof:

Could easily go watch Griffs game in Sydney get the train back and watch second half of our arse raping at Shittoungue

howardyou
14-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Griffiths spurned the advances of his former club, with Jets CEO Robbie Middleby revealing: "We had been in discussions with Joel and his management since he signalled an intention to return to the A-League.

"We respect his decision to sign with Sydney FC and wish him all the best for the future."

Money hungry prick.

Jeterpool
14-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Money hungry prick.

He's no different to 99% of all other sportsmen

militiamon
14-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Disgraceful idea :rof:

Could easily go watch Griffs game in Sydney get the train back and watch second half of our arse raping at Shittoungue

Very true, my b homes. I was also thinking we would sit with the Del Piero fans wearing Juve shirts. List of people who are in:

1. militiamon
2. The Member

plague
14-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Very true, my b homes. I was also thinking we would sit with the Del Piero fans wearing Juve shirts. List of people who are in:

1. militiamon
2. The Member

3. Bernardo.
4. Jesse Pinto.

hawk
14-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Middleby didnt try to sign him so his old home club could get him. what he said.

Bon
14-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Just spent a week in Coffs Harbour, didnt see much of the news or papers or anything.. Come home to read all this..
A club crumbling and its now ex-hero signing for local money-wielding rivals..
**** it all..

q-money
14-12-2012, 06:35 PM
pinto :cool:

q-money
14-12-2012, 06:37 PM
griff on kickoff shortly :cool:

q-money
14-12-2012, 06:56 PM
how can we kill this clairvoyant that told the griff this prophecy?

sammydog
14-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Its all OK, Joel has moved on and so have the fans.

plague
14-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Gotta say, I got a little choked up seeing Con and Joel holding that trophy.

q-money
14-12-2012, 07:05 PM
making the great man sweat, does nae want to talk about newy :(

plague
14-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Gah, he just confirmed no offer was made from the Jets.

Cue heads exploding.

Deans out.

sammydog
14-12-2012, 07:07 PM
He didn't like the question asking if Newcastle made an offer.

baldrick
14-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Joel who ?

q-money
14-12-2012, 07:17 PM
griffiths ffs

14-12-2012, 07:33 PM
He didn't like the question asking if Newcastle made an offer.

That answer will not see him on RM's christmas card list.

You done what Robbie, whats that. Sweet F^&k all Robbie.

RM out.

baldrick
14-12-2012, 07:44 PM
griffiths ffs

I was joking.

hauss
14-12-2012, 08:43 PM
hate Middleby. hate this club. snakes in the grass always lying and covering their own arses.

no offense snake.

Jeterpool
14-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Robbie telling us what he thinks we want to hear and give impression they did their best.

Only Joel, robbie, the agent and a few others know the real truth

hauss
14-12-2012, 08:51 PM
really, i hope Joel shines and lifts sydney fc into the top 4. i could handle it for this season just to show middleby up for the fool that he is.

Jeterpool
14-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Robbie doesn't need Joel for that. He does a good enough job by himself

hauss
14-12-2012, 08:57 PM
have it on pretty good authority that the reason that middleby didn't sign with the Jets in the first season is because he wanted to be captain and they wouldn't agree. so he spat the dummy and went elsewhere. real novocastrian this boy.

militiamon
14-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Star Wars figurines ffs

furns
14-12-2012, 10:20 PM
hate Middleby. hate this club. snakes in the grass always lying and covering their own arses.

no offense snake.RM out

snake in

furns
14-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Didn't get home in time to watch, can anyone summarise please?

Pico
15-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Griff Still as charming as ever
Mel almost losing it big time due to the great ones presence alone
Harper trying to act like he knows something about Newy
Middleby is a lying piece of shit
Griff still the humanitarian, offered to help Harps out by donating a stylish white Polo he was rocking for the interview, literally giving the shirt off his own back, wont help harps in the fashion stakes unfortunately
Harps says we're safe, I'm now starting to believe the mayans were right
Griff says Ryu has the best Haircut out of the three (Yes this really was asked)
Griff telling stories of his Chinese adventure
We still suck, actually we suck more then we did a couple of weeks ago
GVE actually changed to a 4-4-2, then quickly changed to his master stroke 3-4-3 & we still lost

parksey
15-12-2012, 01:53 AM
**** you griff

la bazzle
15-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Bye sweet jets. Our love is no more. For a week or so

stopper2
15-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Oh by the way, MARK BRIDGE did score the winning goal in the 2008 Grand Final victory.
Just thought some of you might need reminding because your heads have been so far far up Joel's arse the past few years and lost touch with reality!

GazFish35
15-12-2012, 10:38 PM
But the view up there is way better then looking at reality.

plague
16-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Oh by the way, MARK BRIDGE did score the winning goal in the 2008 Grand Final victory.
Just thought some of you might need reminding because your heads have been so far far up Joel's arse the past few years and lost touch with reality!

Some blokes heads might be up arses but yours is in the sand young man.
Did you even watch the game?

Everyone knows it was
{thinks of local player still there from '08}
KURT GIDLEY that scored it.
If you're gonna start shit get yo fax strate furst homie.

Bremsstrahlung
16-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Bring in Andrew Johns. Could do the Robbie Fowler goal celebration. Would be worth the $$$$ to see the headlines the next morning.

MFKS
16-12-2012, 01:51 AM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/Football/griffiths-on-sydney-switch/video-e6frf423-1226537332348?subcat=1111112039253&site=FoxSports

Video for those who missed Griffo on Fox on Friday

belchardo
16-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Let's see what happens next week.

What sort of reception will be given if he gets a run?

If he plays, and if he scores against us, lets see how he celebrates.

If he runs over to the squadron and gives everyone the big F-U, I think this place will go into meltdown.

my thoughts exactly.

keeps quite after the inevitable goal against us, begrudging respect.

celebrates like a bellend, meltdown.

Rocky
17-12-2012, 01:04 AM
**** me didnt he seem dark about any questions relating to the jets!

cobra23
17-12-2012, 09:28 AM
we all love the griff...
but how many times have we asked him back and he virtually told us to fu@k off..
shitney ask him once and the bloke signs a 2 year frigging deal..
Thats the hardest thing im finding to get over..

Bon
17-12-2012, 09:45 AM
we all love the griff...

Loved..
**** him.. He has turned his back on us, we have been worshipping a false idol..

q-money
17-12-2012, 09:49 AM
smh at the non believers

hauss
17-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Joel hasn't said much but what he said is telling. He said that all his mates who aren't into football are talking about it because of Del Piero. He's talked in the past about how much he has learned off Drogba and Anelka and what a great experience it was for him to play at the same club as them.

At Sydney he will be fed by a great footballer and if he starts scoring he'll be a crowd favourite in his own right. It's a good scenario for him and I don't think he would think about anything beyond that. At the end of the day, he's not from here. Why would he care?

Even if Newcastle were a possibility he would have to compete with Heskey as the main striker, which is probably why he said that Jets fans have moved on, and good service isn't guaranteed.

This is the big lesson for me: We really need to develop some great players that come from our own region. We need to nurture them and not just ruthlessly use them and spit them out. It would be great if we could have a program especially for attacking players and strikers so that we could produce more of these types of players than we should. Currently, all our most loved attacking players just move off and so there are no local heroes and there is no feedback into the kids.

Rocky
17-12-2012, 10:29 AM
This is the big lesson for me: We really need to develop some great players that come from our own region. We need to nurture them and not just ruthlessly use them and spit them out. It would be great if we could have a program especially for attacking players and strikers so that we could produce more of these types of players than we should. Currently, all our most loved attacking players just move off and so there are no local heroes and there is no feedback into the kids.

Funnily enough Bridges has stuck around and seems to be quite fond of the place, not sure how well he and the egg get on but its nice to think he'll have sort of coaching role at some point.

hauss
17-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Funnily enough Bridges has stuck around and seems to be quite fond of the place, not sure how well he and the egg get on but its nice to think he'll have sort of coaching role at some point.

I think it would be great if Bridges could have some role in developing attacking players. Even set up his own academy or something.

david silva
17-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Kale Bradbery

seldom
17-12-2012, 11:22 AM
The corner flag academy

q-money
17-12-2012, 11:33 AM

i'd be fond of the place too if all i had to do was pull splinters out of my arse and make a few tweets now and then

pv4
17-12-2012, 11:56 AM

the corner flag, hashtag & moustache centre for kids who can't play football good & want to do other good stuff too

Bon
17-12-2012, 12:03 PM

the corner flag, hashtag & moustache centre for kids who can't play football good & want to do other good stuff too

Hahahahaha, Brilliant..
Say what you want about Bridgey.. At least the bloke wants to be here and wants to put in for the club, the town and its fans..

cobra23
17-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Griffo knows he was and is still a crowd favorite here, even if heskey is here aswell.
The both of them with ryu would tear opposition apart. but he was always intent on playing with shitney.
(so stop beating around the bush griffo)

BodyNovo
17-12-2012, 01:21 PM
he might want to be here and do his bit for the community, but ffs he is taking up a foreign spot and if he is the good bloke everyone claims him to be he would be smart enough to retire and leave the foreign spot for a first team starter.

i actually think bridges only has a contract because gary doesn't want him in the coaching staff as he sees him as a threat to his position whereas deans poses no threat whatsoever.

The Dunster
17-12-2012, 01:53 PM
If I was a striker and given the opportunity to team up with a number ten such as ADP I couldn't sign up quick enough.

Dollars might come into it, but overall Griff made a decision to come back to his home town and play alongside a legend of the game.

We should remember his contribution in seasons two and three and simply move on.

belchardo
17-12-2012, 01:54 PM
how long till he can get citizenship???

pv4
17-12-2012, 02:03 PM
how long till he can get citizenship???

6-8 weeks

hauss
17-12-2012, 02:24 PM

You guys can make fun of it if you want but the AIS developed out of the national shame of not getting a gold medal in the Montreal Olympics. If attacking players is what we really need, for the good of the local game, then to me it makes sense to create a specific development program to develop these kind of players in our own backyard.

We are always going to be a league that loses players overseas, but it would be great if we could attract some of them back after they have peaked. Nick Carle and Joel and the two highest profile players for the Jets and both decided to go back to Sydney.

Not good enough. We need to do something different here for our long term benefit.

q-money
17-12-2012, 02:35 PM
it also created josip simunic and ante seric

pv4
17-12-2012, 02:50 PM
:lulz: and was probably spearheaded by craig johnston (aka the kelly slater of england)

i fully agree with you though senor hauss - things need to happen. i just can't bypass a good megalulz at bridges

17-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Bridges would know more about the game in his big toe than the pubic haired muppet we have at present calling the shots.

belchardo
17-12-2012, 03:07 PM
6-8 weeks

Well played sir.

stopper2
17-12-2012, 06:19 PM
If I was a striker and given the opportunity to team up with a number ten such as ADP I couldn't sign up quick enough.

Dollars might come into it, but overall Griff made a decision to come back to his home town and play alongside a legend of the game.

We should remember his contribution in seasons two and three and simply move on.
Best post on this whole topic

militiamon
17-12-2012, 06:55 PM

Disagree, I reckon we keep going on about him for the next four years. At least.

RedMexican
17-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Disagree, I reckon we keep going on about him for the next four years. At least.

im with militiamon tbh

MFKS
17-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Griffos in town tomorrow and Wednesday for the Jack Newton Golf Tourny. How's everyone feeling about sending a delegation up to set him straight and talk him into reneging on his deal with Sydney to come play for us???