PDA

View Full Version : Hoffman? You kidding me?

hawk
15-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Could be a furph BUT the mere mention of this is an insult. fk you jets

lquiquer
15-07-2015, 09:32 PM
First HAL club to get 3 spoons.... Hat trick.... Go Jerks

boz-monaut
15-07-2015, 09:38 PM
seriously considering not getting a membership now

no Griff, but they sign this useless prick

what a bunch of arse

stopper2
15-07-2015, 09:47 PM
He had some niggling injuries last year with Melbourne City but when he was fully fit I thought he showed that he is one of the most improved players in the A League the last couple of seasons. I see him as a decent utility player who can play in a wide role either as a RB or more advanced in an attacking role and he actually surprised me with a few good displays last season as a Holding mid. I for one welcome him back but I know that's not the cool thing to do on this Forum where the "mob mentality" rules and there are many who are very cliquey and just follow what others say like sheep....well fark youz!!!

stopper2
15-07-2015, 09:48 PM
seriously considering not getting a membership now

no Griff, but they sign this useless prick

what a bunch of arse

Griff is recuperating from an ACL and may not play again you dumb arse!!!

lquiquer
15-07-2015, 09:49 PM
FFA band aid job ..... It s a joke FFS..!!! They had no problem to show the money for shinji and co..... Won't do it for us....,

hawk
15-07-2015, 09:52 PM
He had some niggling injuries last year with Melbourne City but when he was fully fit I thought he showed that he is one of the most improved players in the A League the last couple of seasons. I see him as a decent utility player who can play in a wide role either as a RB or more advanced in an attacking role and he actually surprised me with a few good displays last season as a Holding mid. I for one welcome him back but I know that's not the cool thing to do on this Forum where the "mob mentality" rules and there are many who are very cliquey and just follow what others say like sheep....well fark youz!!!

No pal. mobs and cool are not part of anything fool. he is useless

dream on and go back to coast

boz-monaut
15-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Griff is recuperating from an ACL and may not play again you dumb arse!!!

you're calling me a dumb arse for stating that Griff who may not be able to walk would be better than Hoffman, who is just a complete shit****?

lquiquer
15-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Hearfield next? ....

stopper2
15-07-2015, 10:19 PM
^^^^
So if the club does sign him, are you lot going to give him the good old Aussie "fair go", or are you all going to just cry and whinge and carry on like little girls on the Foz (like you already have started)???
Please if it annoys you so much if the club signs Hoffman....just don't come to games anymore. The club is better off without supporters who are willing to stick the knife into a player...a local product....before he even has a chance to come back and prove himself under the new coach,

GazFish35
15-07-2015, 10:42 PM
I loved him in Kramer vs Kramer.

hawk
15-07-2015, 10:46 PM
"Aussie go, local product".... lol, so you were taking the p*ss. well played. no-one can be this stupid.

lquiquer
15-07-2015, 10:54 PM
Not since 1967 locals won a trophy....,....

Boss
16-07-2015, 12:54 AM
Got nothing to do with clique mentality or giving people a go. Got to do with people being fed up with being fed shit for breakfast.
Same reason people are not over the moon with Ramsay or Danning (both of whom have shown more promise than Hoffman in the a league in my opinion).

Tommyjet
16-07-2015, 05:31 AM
This forum has become a shambles

The Camel
16-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Hoffman is a shit ****. That is all

Jeterpool
16-07-2015, 08:46 AM
This forum has become a shambles

We need some football to entertain us.

leftrightout
16-07-2015, 09:06 AM
I dont rate the guy but we dont have alot of money to spend. Being local and useless he will come cheap and can do a fill in job at right fullback if needed. Unfortunately to get the type of players we need in midfield/forward these are the kind of guys we will be signing in the remaining positions . Very cheap guys who can hopefully do a job if needed, we just have to hope its not needed too much!

belchardo
16-07-2015, 09:15 AM
as long as he's on low dollars, he'll be an ok squad player. but god, I hope we're using the rest of the money to buy big!

BodyNovo
16-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Gary Van Egmond did it.

GVE out

pv4
16-07-2015, 10:08 AM
I'm not a fan of Hoffman at all.

If they're looking at Hoffman as a striker - I'd rather we sign Kale.
If they're looking at Hoffman as wide back - I'd rather we sign Nick Cowburn.
If they're looking at Hoffman as midfielder - I'd rather we sign Kanta's brother, or bring Caravella back.
If they're looking at Hoffman as a utility - I'd rather we sign Nick Ward (legit).

16-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Ballboy at best.

WolfMan
16-07-2015, 10:42 AM
I dont rate the guy but we dont have alot of money to spend. Being local and useless he will come cheap and can do a fill in job at right fullback if needed. Unfortunately to get the type of players we need in midfield/forward these are the kind of guys we will be signing in the remaining positions . Very cheap guys who can hopefully do a job if needed, we just have to hope its not needed too much!

100% this

Grimario
16-07-2015, 11:12 AM
^^^^
So if the club does sign him, are you lot going to give him the good old Aussie "fair go", or are you all going to just cry and whinge and carry on like little girls on the Foz (like you already have started)???
Please if it annoys you so much if the club signs Hoffman....just don't come to games anymore. The club is better off without supporters who are willing to stick the knife into a player...a local product....before he even has a chance to come back and prove himself under the new coach,

Same bloke who got on twitter/instagram/some shitty social media saying how grateful he was to be out of a shithole and in some place with fine culture while posting pictures of lattes?

He can **** off, eat a dick and die. Total ****.

Grimario
16-07-2015, 11:13 AM
I'm not a fan of Hoffman at all.

If they're looking at Hoffman as a striker - I'd rather we sign Kale.
If they're looking at Hoffman as wide back - I'd rather we sign Nick Cowburn.
If they're looking at Hoffman as midfielder - I'd rather we sign Kanta's brother, or bring Caravella back.
If they're looking at Hoffman as a utility - I'd rather we sign Nick Ward (legit).

Problem seems to be that they want someone that can do all of that. And Ward is only interested in beating Cernak, he's already checked us off his bingo card and won't be back.

Bon
16-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Same bloke who got on twitter/instagram/some shitty fan forum saying how grateful he was to be out of a shithole and in some place with Tarek Elrich while posting pictures of DG courses??

Sounds familiar..

Grimario
16-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Sounds familiar..

Mate... there isn't a single disc golf course in South Australia. The nearest one is Geelong.

Should have talked more about Tarek though, would have almost fallen for it.

Bon
16-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Mate... there isn't a single disc golf course in South Australia. The nearest one is Geelong.

Should have talked more about Tarek though, would have almost fallen for it.

Damn.. It was worth a try though.. haha..
I'll shut up now and stick to harassing pv4 about being a gypo..

q-money
16-07-2015, 12:06 PM
kale before hoffman

JetRift
16-07-2015, 12:12 PM
I've got no problem with Hoff signing. Thought he had decent season at City, got MOTM in the Melb Derby. Would still prefer Cowburn as right back but Hoff would add decent depth. The backlash at this signing is pretty ironic seeing as you all have a fetish for local talent.

Grimario
16-07-2015, 12:22 PM
I've got no problem with Hoff signing. Thought he had decent season at City, got MOTM in the Melb Derby. Would still prefer Cowburn as right back but Hoff would add decent depth. The backlash at this signing is pretty ironic seeing as you all have a fetish for local talent.

There's a difference between wanting to give talented young locals a chance (Cowburn, Kale, M. Kanta etc) vs bringing back people who have slagged off the town and are actually really shit footballers.

The Camel
16-07-2015, 12:26 PM
There's a difference between wanting to give talented young locals a chance (Cowburn, Kale, M. Kanta etc) vs bringing back people who have slagged off the town and are actually really shit footballers.

And massive C U N T S

plague
16-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Yeah serious though, **** Hoffman.

The Dunster
16-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Why do the club hate the fans so much ? Why ?

16-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Jetman > Hoff

Roundball Enthusiast
16-07-2015, 04:00 PM
https://twitter.com/nbnnews/status/621540995352530946

:( :( :(

16-07-2015, 04:18 PM

Just about chucked up my BBQ shapes i was eating. FMD

Jeterpool
16-07-2015, 05:13 PM
*sigh*

boz-monaut
16-07-2015, 05:19 PM
mouth breather

Grimario
16-07-2015, 05:35 PM

ffs

Jetmaster
16-07-2015, 05:58 PM
So what's Brodie Mooy up to these days?

Will always remember Hoff getting a winning ACL goal in South Korea once.

GVE fist pump saying "Hoff", with a look on his face suggesting he was right all along.

Grimario
16-07-2015, 06:01 PM
So what's Brodie Mooy up to these days?

Will always remember Hoff getting a winning ACL goal in South Korea once.

GVE fist pump saying "Hoff", with a look on his face suggesting he was right all along.

I honestly can't remember anything except that time he did his ACL.

plague
16-07-2015, 06:30 PM
I think it's fitting that a club that hates us who is controlled by an association that hates us would sign a player that hates us.

rhysd
16-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Not a terrible option tbh.
Can provide cover up front if absolutely necessary. He was alright at RB for city and fits the versatility bill.
Hoffman and cowburn for the rb position is better than paying for the half hearted Neville we had here for a while.

joel31
16-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Not a terrible option tbh.
Can provide cover up front if absolutely necessary. He was alright at RB for city and fits the versatility bill.
Hoffman and cowburn for the rb position is better than paying for the half hearted Neville we had here for a while.
Neville was still a good player

stopper2
16-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Neville was still a good player

Neville and Hoff are probably of a similar standard as RB's but as I have stated previously and rhysd has mentioned, Hoff also provides cover in other positions.

stopper2
16-07-2015, 09:40 PM

I wasn't aware that he "slagged off the town" but seriously Grim he was treated like shite by a lot of so-called "supporters" so would you blame him for having a bit of a bitch back?
How many A League games have you played so that you have the "authority" to declare that someone is a shit footballer?

pv4
16-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Neville and Hoff are probably of a similar standard as RB's but as I have stated previously and rhysd has mentioned, Hoff also provides cover in other positions.

I can't disagree with this enough.

Nev was/is for me one of the most underrated players in the whole competition. Plus he proved he is more than capable of covering as CB imo.

GazFish35
16-07-2015, 10:16 PM
I wasn't aware that he "slagged off the town" but seriously Grim he was treated like shite by a lot of so-called "supporters" so would you blame him for having a bit of a bitch back?
How many A League games have you played so that you have the "authority" to declare that someone is a shit footballer?

Lol. So now people have to played at the level they're watching to be able to comment?

Football would implode.

Out of interest how many A-league games have you played so that you have the "authority" to declare that someone shouldn't be able to label a player a shit footballer?

Jeterpool
16-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Can't you all see Hoff is already setting us off against each other!?!? :gent:

Everything was hunky dory until yesterday.

This place was like Lionel hutz'a vision of a place without lawyers!

Premy
16-07-2015, 10:48 PM
In Tamworth some 20 years ago
Was born a Hunter's son
had everything Newy could give
but A-League goals he had none.

His been looking for the goals.
His been looking for so long.

Still the search goes on.

Since he left his home town.

Still they can't be found.

joel31
16-07-2015, 10:58 PM
If he becomes a Jets player though again we need to support him and not give him unnecessary shit, i.e. chants like Premys. That's the way to get him to stop giving 100% and will result in bagging out the town again. Also surprise, surprise he has feelings too.
Cut the derogatory shit and give him a second chance, we have / had no influence in signing him so theres no point making a fuss about it.

The Dunster
16-07-2015, 11:32 PM
I think it's fitting that a club that hates us who is controlled by an association that hates us would sign a player that hates us.

Five star post.

goaliepersempre
17-07-2015, 07:09 AM
and its a done deal... hoff is back.... hmmmmmmmmmmm

WolfMan
17-07-2015, 07:09 AM
F
Was born a Hunter's son

He's x 5

Jeterpool
17-07-2015, 07:44 AM
Was born a Hunter's son

He scored twice for us in the league, but hey

Jeterpool
17-07-2015, 07:46 AM
If he becomes a Jets player though again we need to support him and not give him unnecessary shit, i.e. chants like Premys. That's the way to get him to stop giving 100% and will result in bagging out the town again. Also surprise, surprise he has feelings too.
Cut the derogatory shit and give him a second chance, we have / had no influence in signing him so theres no point making a fuss about it.

If he goes theough a coastie all will be forgiven I suppose

GazFish35
17-07-2015, 08:09 AM
Friday 17 July 2015
Newcastle, NSW

Jason Hoffman re-joins Jets

Newcastle Jets are pleased to confirm that former Australian youth international and homegrown talent Jason Hoffman has returned to the club on a one-season deal.

Hoffman, 26, reached a mutual termination with Hyundai A-League rivals Melbourne City late on Thursday, and has now officially sealed his shift back to the Hunter.

Hoffman was a member of the club’s 2008 A-League Championship winning squad, and indeed scored a vital goal for the Jets in the 2009 AFC Champions League group stage.

Hoffman’s header against Ulsan Hyundai at the Munsu Football Stadium in Korea Republic ensured that Newcastle advanced to the knockout phase of Asia’s premier club competition at its historic first attempt.

Originally an attacker, Hoffman transitioned to playing a predominately right back role during his time in the Victorian capital with Melbourne Heart and City.

Hoffman said that fullback is now where he feels most comfortable on the pitch, and that he’s full of pride to be a Newcastle Jet again.

“I am extremely proud and humbled to be given the opportunity to represent my home town, and be part of what’s going to be an exciting rebuilding phase of the Newcastle Jets,” Hoffman said.

“The new direction of the club looks like it’s the right one – everyone is excited around the club and the buzz is something that is infectious.”

“I want to be a big part of the rebuilding phase and I want to try and help make a cultural difference at the club so we can be successful for the people of Newcastle.”

“As a footballer I think I have matured over the last five years, and obviously fullback is a position that I have played the last few years at City.”

“I feel very much at home there and I feel like I can give a lot to the team, to the club, and to the people of Newcastle in that position,” he said.

Newcastle Jets Head Coach Scott Miller said that Hoffman will add depth and experience to his squad.

“Everyone that I have spoken to about Jason Hoffman has confirmed that he is a fantastic professional,” Miller said.

“In fact, I received phone calls from a number of players, including Damien Duff who I worked with at Fulham and who Jason played with at Melbourne City, recommending that we take a look at recruiting Jason.”

“Truth is we were well down the path of signing Jason when Damien called, but it was certainly nice to receive feedback from someone of Damien’s calibre that Jason would be a great addition to the Jets.”

Hoffman will train with his new Newcastle Jets teammates for the first time today.

ENDS

He's home.

The Postman
17-07-2015, 08:50 AM
Thanks Damien Duff!

Second chance in motion Hoff, don't screw it up.

Hopefully this doesn't mean Cowburn won't be resigned.

Frodo
17-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Thanks Damien Duff!

Second chance in motion Hoff, don't screw it up.

Hopefully this doesn't mean Cowburn won't be resigned.

I don't know if i've muddled up dates but why was Nick hanging with Brennan & Cooper a few weeks ago at NNSWPL games? Does anyone know if he is still training with the first team or if he is playing for the jets youth?

plague
17-07-2015, 09:33 AM

How many shitty condescending posts have you written that gives you the authority to write shitty condescending posts pal?

The Camel
17-07-2015, 10:36 AM

You must be trolling. Mario Jardel offered more in a Jets shirt than Jason Hoffman. He is the worst footballer I have ever watched play professional football.

Grimario
17-07-2015, 11:25 AM
He's home.

Awesome! Now we just need Griff and the dream is alive.

Chuffed with this signing, especially if it means we don't pick up Ramsay or Danning.

Nelson Bay Road
17-07-2015, 11:37 AM
worst signing ever!!

Mark325
17-07-2015, 11:51 AM
People are honestly making this out to be so much worse then it is

He's on a one year contract, more then likely on not much cash, didn't play half bad for city last season and may not even be starting. Give the dude a chance and calm the **** down

Roundball Enthusiast
17-07-2015, 11:55 AM

He's on a one year contract, more then likely on not much cash, didn't play half bad for city last season and may not even be starting. Give the dude a chance and calm the **** down

I guess anyone who WANTS to come back and help us should be embraced. If the lad wants to play for Newy should better than people who are just coming for coin.. Chances are he's on low $ and might be able to add some mongrel. At least we have people willing to leave decent clubs like City for Newy. Which we've never had in the past. Just hope the signings get better.

The Camel
17-07-2015, 12:23 PM
I guess anyone who WANTS to come back and help us should be embraced. If the lad wants to play for Newy should better than people who are just coming for coin.. Chances are he's on low $ and might be able to add some mongrel. At least we have people willing to leave decent clubs like City for Newy. Which we've never had in the past. Just hope the signings get better.

Willing to leave? Are you high? He got released/not resigned/given the arse as he was not good enough

Roundball Enthusiast
17-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Willing to leave? Are you high? He got released/not resigned/given the arse as he was not good enough

Pretty sure he was contracted there for the upcoming season, so he was released when he came back here.. He may have seen the signs coming he was going to be given the flick, but he was still contracted there for this season, until we took him.

Jetmaster
17-07-2015, 01:25 PM
A bit of levity needs to be applied her - like BK, Hoff is not the same player he was five years ago and although not superstar material, has improved no doubt.

If guys like this were as crap as they are made out to be they wouldn't get a gig.

Jury out.

lquiquer
17-07-2015, 01:32 PM
A bit of levity needs to be applied her - like BK, Hoff is not the same player he was five years ago and although not superstar material, has improved no doubt.

If guys like this were as crap as they are made out to be they wouldn't get a gig.

Jury out.

How did Gallaway got a gig then ? :tongue:

baldrick
17-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Give the dude a chance and calm the **** down

This.

Premy
17-07-2015, 03:43 PM
He scored twice for us in the league, but heydon't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Premy
17-07-2015, 03:53 PM

Jury out.
Righto, this only has convinced me to give him a chance.

pv4
17-07-2015, 04:03 PM
When Hoffman signed for Heart, it was made clear to him that it was his last chance at making it as a professional footballer. Props to the guy, he's outlasted a tonne more players who came into the league during a similar era.

But this signing still doesn't fill me with any deal of confidence. I hope he hasn't taken up a large amount of the salary cap, so we still have room for other players. And I hope that we have better options for all the positions he'd be looked at to start.

The last two offseasons we've done pretty good at trimming the deadwood. The problem is, when we pick up other clubs garbage. City fans were screaming for both Hoffman & Ramsay to be kicked out - and we're seemingly signing both of them. It's like the feeling we had when WSW picked up Gallaway, but in reverse.

The big problem we'll face is from all reports, starting from when Hoffman debuted in the HAL through to now, he is a phenomenal trainer. Untouchable in training games, and miles ahead of everyone. But he doesn't bring that confidence & form into games. So I can see him impressing Miller A LOT, from the recommendation of Duff through to training form, and this may alter his perception of how useful he will be in games for us.

hawk
17-07-2015, 05:04 PM
This has proven that our recruitment is still spastic. Welcome to newasshole

joel31
17-07-2015, 06:21 PM
When Hoffman signed for Heart, it was made clear to him that it was his last chance at making it as a professional footballer. Props to the guy, he's outlasted a tonne more players who came into the league during a similar era.

But this signing still doesn't fill me with any deal of confidence. I hope he hasn't taken up a large amount of the salary cap, so we still have room for other players. And I hope that we have better options for all the positions he'd be looked at to start.

The last two offseasons we've done pretty good at trimming the deadwood. The problem is, when we pick up other clubs garbage. City fans were screaming for both Hoffman & Ramsay to be kicked out - and we're seemingly signing both of them. It's like the feeling we had when WSW picked up Gallaway, but in reverse.

The big problem we'll face is from all reports, starting from when Hoffman debuted in the HAL through to now, he is a phenomenal trainer. Untouchable in training games, and miles ahead of everyone. But he doesn't bring that confidence & form into games. So I can see him impressing Miller A LOT, from the recommendation of Duff through to training form, and this may alter his perception of how useful he will be in games for us.
You'd hope he'd be on close to the minimum wage

Mark325
17-07-2015, 06:56 PM
We're gonna be hoping that Miller and JDP can get the best out of him, take the form he has in training and transition it to the actual game

This season we're really gonna be hoping for a lot of that, a guy like Kanta really needs to step up and prove his worth this season or I don't see him sticking around for another year.

joel31
17-07-2015, 09:43 PM
It seems Hoffman is a programmer in his spare time. He has created a spambot army to attack the foz today

stopper2
17-07-2015, 10:50 PM

Well said PV4, this is an example of the kind of posts that should be on the Foz more often....putting up an intelligent argument based on some thought and consideration.
As compared to some of the downright childish garbage and bagging out of a player who deserves the right to be judged on his performances that are to come, not on what he done years ago as a young player just finding his feet.
Even though his decision-making at times still lets him down his physical attributes i.e strength, speed, agility are his strong points and in most games I have seen him in the past couple of years for Heart/City an opponent rarely got the better of him, hell he even eye-balled that nutjob Berisha and didn't backdown an inch.

plague
17-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Well said PV4, this is an example of the kind of posts that should be on the Foz more often....

Hey cuz you should go to the CCM Foz there are heaps more Gypos talking on there if that's yer thing.

plague
17-07-2015, 11:04 PM
soz pv4.

The Camel
17-07-2015, 11:38 PM
Hey cuz you should go to the CCM Foz there are heaps more Gypos talking on there if that's yer thing.

He'd fit right in there. Anyone who would defend the singing of Hoffman has got to be a gypo troll

plague
17-07-2015, 11:49 PM
He'd fit right in there. Anyone who would defend the singing of Hoffman has got to be a gypo troll

Maybe he's never seen the Hoff in the flesh?
Maybe he's only seen him on the youtubebook?
Don't trust everything you see on TV, that shit be on a slant.

hawk
18-07-2015, 12:44 AM

This is an era of doing things right not repeating mistakes. If we arent gonna do this right then theres no point.

Cant believe the mediocrity that supposed supporters are willing to accept.

Blackmac79
18-07-2015, 07:08 AM
Golden boot.

Hoping that without reading the rest of the thread I called it first.

Pico
18-07-2015, 09:30 AM
Home city beats Man City as Hoffman focuses on Jets

By ROBERT DILLON
July 17, 2015, 9:45 p.m

IT would have been a career highlight, but for Jason Hoffman missing out on the chance to play against an English Premier League glamour team was a small sacrifice to make.

Hoffman's club of the past five years, Melbourne City, will tackle Manchester City at CBus Super Stadium on Saturday night.

But instead of testing himself against some of the world's best players, Hoffman is preparing for what he considers an even more exciting challenge - his second stint with the Newcastle Jets.

Newcastle confirmed on Friday that the Hamilton Olympic junior had agreed to a one-season contract, five years after he left the Jets to join the pioneers at Melbourne's second A-League franchise.

"As a footballer, you move on quite quickly," Hoffman told the Newcastle Herald on Friday. "There's no real time to dwell on the decisions you make. For me, once I'd decided I was happy to return to the Jets, that was the immediate focus.

"Get back here as quick as I can and start performing straight away, so I could add some value to the team and help with the improvement that has to be made.

"Of course, it's nice to play friendly matches against quality teams like Manchester City. But at the end of the day, I'm a Newcastle Jet and I look forward to whatever the next few games hold in store for us.

"I guess it's not much of a price to pay when you make a decision, fully back it and move on."

Still only 26, Hoffman is a young veteran of 109 A-League games, 29 of which were for Newcastle.

He played 14 minutes off the bench in their 2008 grand final triumph, when he had just turned 19.

"I've been very fortunate to be part of a Newcastle team that was so successful," he said. "Coming back, it feels like a fresh start. That was one of the big appeals. It was the same situation when I moved to Melbourne Heart, who were just starting out.

"Now it seems like the club is starting over again and I really liked the idea of coming home to be part of this rebuilding phase.

"Hopefully we can help set the club up to be successful, not just in the short term but for a long time to come."

Hoffman said he was approached by the Jets midway through last season but it was only in the past couple of weeks, after they re-established contact, that he seriously considered seeking a release from the last year of his deal with City.

Mainly used as a striker/winger during his time at the Jets, the former Australian under-23 player said he now regarded himself as a defender.

"I definitely see myself as a right fullback these days," he said. "That's where I feel most at home. I think it's where I play my best football."

He was happy to back himself to convert his one-year contract into a longer tenure.

"Obviously the goal is to perform and earn a longer-term deal," he said. "I'll be doing my best to do well for the club, and if that's enough to get re-signed, I'll be extremely happy."

Jets coach Scott Miller said Hoffman's experience would bolster the depth of his squad.

"Everyone that I have spoken to about Jason Hoffman has confirmed that he is a fantastic professional," Miller said. "In fact, I received phone calls from a number of players, including Damien Duff who I worked with at Fulham and who Jason played with at Melbourne City, recommending that we take a look at recruiting Jason.

"Truth is we were well down the path of signing Jason when Damien called, but it was certainly nice to receive feedback from someone of Damien's calibre that Jason would be a great addition to the Jets."

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3219524/home-city-beats-man-city-for-hoffman/?cs=306

So Hoffman sees himself as a RB and we've been after him since stubbins was still here (this has the stench of Pascoe and Murphy all over it), explains the shit deal offered to cowburn, clearly Hoffman was their main target...Griff help us!

I have serious concerns about how much of the salary cap is being wasted on this myth of a footballer. He's not a better prospect than cowburn and no way he'd walk away from his existing deal if we offered min wage, so he'll be costing more than cowburn too, unless city are chipping in a portion of his salary but with the signings they are making highly unlikely.

If Hoffman is the answer this lot aren't asking the right questions.

Tommyjet
18-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Drama queens, seriously

The Dunster
18-07-2015, 10:50 AM
How did Gallaway got a gig then ? :tongue:

Gallaway hasn't made over 100 A-league appearances, or scored a goal in the ACL. Hoffman like it or not is an A-league standard player and would get a gig at the majority of A-league clubs. He's a good athlete, with agility and speed, he's physically sound, and he can score a goal if the opportunity presents itself.

That aside, I still think he's a khunt who has no respect for the town or Jets fans.

18-07-2015, 11:13 AM
So Hoffman sees himself as a RB and we've been after him since stubbins was still here (this has the stench of Pascoe and Murphy all over it), explains the shit deal offered to cowburn, clearly Hoffman was their main target...Griff help us!

I have serious concerns about how much of the salary cap is being wasted on this myth of a footballer. He's not a better prospect than cowburn and no way he'd walk away from his existing deal if we offered min wage, so he'll be costing more than cowburn too, unless city are chipping in a portion of his salary but with the signings they are making highly unlikely.

If Hoffman is the answer this lot aren't asking the right questions.

Pascoe OUT

q-money
18-07-2015, 12:09 PM
this thread is more embarrassing than some of the members work tbh

plague
18-07-2015, 12:48 PM

Someone's gotta keep the dream alive while he's in purgatory.

stopper2
18-07-2015, 12:58 PM
Hey plague and camel, so now because I have a difference of an opinion on a player I am now labelled a gypo???
God your childish and pathetic comments just get worse. Do you guys and anyone else for that matter think that with the FFA taking over that they were going to wave a magic wand and hey presto quality players would start coming to the club.
With reports also that 5 players (I believe Carney, Kennedy, Boogaard, Mullen and Lee Ki-je) already took up $1million of the salary cap then you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realise it is going to be tough to fill the squad and fit in a few more quality signings.
I know for months with supporters last season it was like a "siege mentality" venting our rage against Tinkler and the Muppet on all forms of social media and well done to everyone because it was a just cause and we had to fight the good fight.
I think some people still have that "siege mentality" and it manifests itself now with news like when Hoff was announced as a signing.
The new coach and the players, including new players to come to the club deserve a bit of leeway before a ball has even be kicked I should think after what was endured last season by the club and the supporters.
I'm not saying the Hoff will be a success at the Jets (only time will tell) but surely a player who has played over 100 A League games deserves a little respect and at least a chance to come back here and start with a clean slate without the unfair vitriol aimed at him???
Some may read this and agree with what I'm saying, the others who don't, just go on continue sprouting and wasting your energy on negative crap which does nothing constructive for the overall rebuilding of this club.
The Hoff has been signed so get over it and move on....to quote Scott Miller in his interview on The Herald website.....
"You learn from mistakes ... but you have to move on and understand that the staff is different, the environment is different, the energy is different," he says.
"Stop looking back. Learn from it and move on."

plague
18-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Hey plague and camel, so now because I have a difference of an opinion on a player I am now labelled a gypo???

Ok, in lieu of your Rocket Scientist mate being on stress leave I'll explain.

People who bag our club = gypo.
People who agree with people who bag our club = gypo.
pv4 = gypo.
Agreeing with pv4 = gypo.

Nowt to do with you agreeing with me or not chief.

plague
18-07-2015, 01:56 PM
(Soz pv4)

Tommyjet
18-07-2015, 02:19 PM
God your childish and pathetic comments just get worse. Do you guys and anyone else for that matter think that with the FFA taking over that they were going to wave a magic wand and hey presto quality players would start coming to the club.
With reports also that 5 players (I believe Carney, Kennedy, Boogaard, Mullen and Lee Ki-je) already took up $1million of the salary cap then you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realise it is going to be tough to fill the squad and fit in a few more quality signings.
I know for months with supporters last season it was like a "siege mentality" venting our rage against Tinkler and the Muppet on all forms of social media and well done to everyone because it was a just cause and we had to fight the good fight.
I think some people still have that "siege mentality" and it manifests itself now with news like when Hoff was announced as a signing.
The new coach and the players, including new players to come to the club deserve a bit of leeway before a ball has even be kicked I should think after what was endured last season by the club and the supporters.
I'm not saying the Hoff will be a success at the Jets (only time will tell) but surely a player who has played over 100 A League games deserves a little respect and at least a chance to come back here and start with a clean slate without the unfair vitriol aimed at him???
Some may read this and agree with what I'm saying, the others who don't, just go on continue sprouting and wasting your energy on negative crap which does nothing constructive for the overall rebuilding of this club.
The Hoff has been signed so get over it and move on....to quote Scott Miller in his interview on The Herald website.....
"You learn from mistakes ... but you have to move on and understand that the staff is different, the environment is different, the energy is different," he says.
"Stop looking back. Learn from it and move on."
I agree mate but seriously try not to sink to their level. Whinging and negativity is just about all they have. Let them have that while the rest of us keep the positivity and support the club through the tough times.

lquiquer
18-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Someone's gotta keep the dream alive while he's in purgatory.

One more day

Mark325
18-07-2015, 03:02 PM
This is an era of doing things right not repeating mistakes. If we arent gonna do this right then theres no point.

Cant believe the mediocrity that supposed supporters are willing to accept.

A few things to take into consideration

Miller has approx 800k to work with right now, and that needs to be dispersed between about 8 players so that we can have a good squad. You then need to understand that we seemingly are unable to sign both an international and australian marquee until we have an owner. Further understand that he is taking over for easily the worst season any club has ever experienced in the a-league making this club a generally un-appealing area that needs at least a season or two to have some of it's stench wash away, coupled with the fact that we haven't even made top 6 in 5 years.

Then when looking at hoffman you need to understand that we're comparing a guy who started playing for us at age 18 and finished playing for us at age 21 when he was also a striker, to a much more mature dude who has spent a few years getting some footing under him, changing his formation entirely to a right back and has improved as a player. It's a fact that he does have an upside, as has been pointed out before he goes hard in training, and it seemed like Van't Schip got some of that potential out of him, and hopefully our coaching staff are able to further show off his potential.

This off-season has been one that has set us up for a brighter future then we've had in a long time, and I'm willing to accept that from an on-field perspective Miller's hands are tied, hence why he is signing guys like Hoffman to one season contracts, when he has more range to do what he wants with the salary cap and hopefully get marquees, then we should truly judge his decisions on signings and if he is gonna bring us more mediocrity or actually be the change we've all wanted for so long

lquiquer
18-07-2015, 03:08 PM
FFA taking over that they were going to wave a magic wand and hey presto quality players would start coming to the club.
With reports also that 5 players (I believe Carney, Kennedy, Boogaard, Mullen and Lee Ki-je) already took up $1million of the salary cap then you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realise it is going to be tough to fill the squad and fit in a few more quality signings "[/U][/B]

I'm not happy because FFA will not buy marquees (outside the cap) but didn't have a problem doing it when they owned the Wanderers.....

plague
18-07-2015, 03:08 PM
I agree mate but seriously try not to sink to their level. Whinging and negativity is just about all they have. Let them have that while the rest of us keep the positivity and support the club through the tough times.

You forgot the most important one slugger, a sense of humour.

Enjoy your day.

plague
18-07-2015, 03:10 PM
One more day

Is he seriously going to resurrect on a Sunday?

How very apt.

Tommyjet
18-07-2015, 03:38 PM
You forgot the most important one slugger, a sense of humour.

Enjoy your day.
Sense of humour applies in some cases mate but not the consistent, repetitive dribble that is usual associated with some uses of this forum

The Camel
18-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Problem is the bloke will not have walked from a contract for minimum wage, yet is by far a worse right back than Cowburn who was begging for a full time contract. Signing Hoffman is just pissing cap space up against the wall. I was really positive about the coaching team signings including Jones ( not Pascoe) but really I can't find anything positive about wasting money on this Muppet at the expense of a young talented local like Cowburn who's a cheaper alternative but more importantly a better player.

Tommyjet
18-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Problem is the bloke will not have walked from a contract for minimum wage, yet is by far a worse right back than Cowburn who was begging for a full time contract. Signing Hoffman is just pissing cap space up against the wall. I was really positive about the coaching team signings including Jones ( not Pascoe) but really I can't find anything positive about wasting money on this Muppet at the expense of a young talented local like Cowburn who's a cheaper alternative but more importantly a better player.

Your opinion, not everyone's. the repetition continues

plague
18-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Sense of humour applies in some cases mate but not the consistent, repetitive dribble that is usual associated with some uses of this forum

Cool cool.
Except, yanno, you can't really be cool with the player bagging the club, but outraged at members of the club bagging the player.

But anyway, keep the outrage rolling. Hopefully the Hoff feeds off it and fulfills his destiny, whatever the **** that is.

Grimario
18-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Cool cool.
Except, yanno, you can't really be cool with the player bagging the club, but outraged at members of the club bagging the player.

But anyway, keep the outrage rolling. Hopefully the Hoff feeds off it and fulfills his destiny, whatever the **** that is.

His destiny is Baywatch.

stopper2
18-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Ok, in lieu of your Rocket Scientist mate being on stress leave I'll explain.

People who bag our club = gypo.
People who agree with people who bag our club = gypo.
pv4 = gypo.
Agreeing with pv4 = gypo.

Nowt to do with you agreeing with me or not chief.

Is that all you got???
You've got nothing to come back with but the same old "gypo" shit.
I don't know what he said but according to you guys he "bagged the club out".
Now if I remember correctly there was a strong element amongst Jets supporters (in particular the Squadron) who used to bag out Hoffman when he was playing for the club previously. BK was another who copped it but Hoffman was the #1 scapegoat.
So he gets shit poured on him by supporters when he played here but you expect him to cop it on the chin and not say anything negative against the club or town???
Really plague, have some common decency and look at things from someone elses perspective, not just through your own narrow-minded view of the world.

stopper2
18-07-2015, 08:14 PM

I agree mate, there is hardly anything constructive, with the Hoffman signing, now the likes of plague and camel etc have found their scapegoat to kick the boot into.
Seems the club is moving ahead in the right direction with regards to changing the mentality and culture but some "supporters" are still stuck in that negative mindset.

lquiquer
18-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Is that all you got???
Now if I remember correctly there was a strong element amongst Jets supporters (in particular the Squadron) who used to bag out Hoffman when he was playing for the club previously. BK was another who copped it but Hoffman was the #1 scapegoat.
So he gets shit poured on him by supporters when he played here but you expect him to cop it on the chin and not say anything negative against the club or town???
Really plague, have some common decency and look at things from someone elses perspective, not just through your own narrow-minded view of the world.
Hearfield should have been #1 scapegoat, then the Hoff and Gallaway took over

Jeterpool
18-07-2015, 09:01 PM
We really need some football to discuss. Off season has gone on too long.

Tommyjet
18-07-2015, 09:28 PM
We really need some football to discuss. Off season has gone on too long.

I agree

plague
18-07-2015, 09:37 PM
Is that all you got???

Oh man, I can't wait til you go back and find all these negative posts I've written about his playing ability.

Get yer compass and map out me hearties, there's treasure in them there hills!!!!!

plague
18-07-2015, 09:38 PM
and whilst researching, go read the BK v Birraz or BK free kick threads.

You might learn yoself something.

plague
18-07-2015, 09:40 PM
Oh, and the problem I had with Hoffman is the same I had with the Razzler.
Consistency is the key.
I'm like a metronome baby.

hawk
18-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Hearfield should have been #1 scapegoat, then the Hoff and Gallaway took over

still is, only in npl

Retro Jet
19-07-2015, 12:56 AM
Is he seriously going to resurrect on a Sunday?

How very apt.

5 min to Member time then....

plague
19-07-2015, 01:02 AM
5 min to Member time then....

You know he's going to hold back for a bit to make it seem like he's not desperate to get back amongst it.

We all know he's desperate to get back amongst it.

GazFish35
19-07-2015, 08:15 AM
Who?

joel31
19-07-2015, 11:31 AM
Who?
the member

plague
19-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Oh man, Captain Obvious must have got real drunk last night.
Dude is sleeping while there's work to be done.

belchardo
19-07-2015, 01:04 PM
I thought even he had standards though.

sneaky
19-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Hoffman better than anything we have a RB atm. good signing assuming hes on pittance. I hope to see Cowburn signed asap tho.

MFKS
22-07-2015, 10:50 PM

The apathy from fans to not be calling for the heads of everyone involved for giving us this signing is concerning

Thomas477
22-07-2015, 11:35 PM
The apathy from fans to not be calling for the heads of everyone involved for giving us this signing is concerning

HE'S BACK!!!!!!

:lulzturtle:

WolfMan
23-07-2015, 12:04 AM

What strip is Griff wearing in your avatar?

Retro Jet
23-07-2015, 01:43 AM

HE'S BACK!!!!!!

:lulzturtle:

And his front....

plague
23-07-2015, 09:51 AM

Who's the new guy?

RAM
23-07-2015, 10:02 AM

He improved a fair bit at City. I'll give him a second chance.

The Camel
23-07-2015, 10:19 AM

I am with you Member

hawk
11-08-2015, 10:31 PM
good for nothin dickhead, that knt was going nowhere

plague
11-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Hoffman lovers,
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW??????????

plague
11-08-2015, 10:34 PM
He improved a fair bit at City. I'll give him a second chance.

So you done with that chance now or what?

plague
11-08-2015, 10:35 PM
I agree mate, there is hardly anything constructive, with the Hoffman signing, now the likes of plague and camel etc have found their scapegoat to kick the boot into.
Seems the club is moving ahead in the right direction with regards to changing the mentality and culture but some "supporters" are still stuck in that negative mindset.

Yep, good summation that.........

Oh wait.

belchardo
11-08-2015, 10:36 PM
So you done with that chance now or what?

'sif it was his fault. Birraz didn't save it. *lobshandgrenadeandwalksaway* :grin:

plague
11-08-2015, 10:37 PM

Erryone still tickety boo with this signing?

We all good?

plague
11-08-2015, 10:38 PM
'sif it was his fault. Birraz didn't save it. *lobshandgrenadeandwalksaway* :grin:

Serious mate are you split screening threads? How can you keep up?

belchardo
11-08-2015, 10:39 PM
Serious mate are you split screening threads? How can you keep up?

you know that site you visited last night...i now have a keystroke logger on your computer.

plague
11-08-2015, 10:43 PM
you know that site you visited last night...i now have a keystroke logger on your computer.

www.snarkycomments.com ?

belchardo
11-08-2015, 11:06 PM
humble pie or vindication for plague right now.

plague
11-08-2015, 11:09 PM
hey man, sub the dude on for spotty's I'm all about that.

hawk
30-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Is a nice great guy off the pitch and should stay there cause he's a useless one on it

boz-monaut
30-10-2015, 09:03 PM
never liked him

Retro Jet
30-10-2015, 09:05 PM
never liked him

:rof:

joel31
30-10-2015, 10:53 PM
won a solid pen

la bazzle
30-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Great appeal for the pen. Nothing worse then a soft appeal

plague
30-10-2015, 10:59 PM
Is his nick name really 'horse'?

hawk
25-01-2016, 09:34 PM
guess who is the leading tackler in the Aleague?

rhysd
26-01-2016, 12:45 AM
Really impressed me yesterday. Kept working when others clocked off.

Jetmaster
26-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Probably the first player this season, apart from Carney, to have a decent crack at goal from outside the box.....something we do not do enough.

MFKS
26-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Really impressed me yesterday. Kept working when others clocked off.

Give him a new 3 year deal.

Hopefully we can go the full hog and get Galloway back at left back and Hoff at right back

Be a wet dream that

5 5 5

StannyCFCJET
27-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Hoffman has been one of our best this season. For a team who gives up most weeks and is full of soft cocks and lazy pricks Hoff runs his arse off each week and obviously loves Newcastle seeing as he is a local lad which shows in his performances. WE NEED more players like him

Jeterpool
27-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Hoffman has been one of our best this season. For a team who gives up most weeks and is full of soft cocks and lazy pricks Hoff runs his arse off each week and obviously loves Newcastle seeing as he is a local lad which shows in his performances. WE NEED more players like him

He is off contract at the end of the season too. Have we heard from his agent yet?

Didn't think so.

StannyCFCJET
27-01-2016, 10:54 AM
He is off contract at the end of the season too. Have we heard from his agent yet?

Didn't think so.

im glad his agent isnt running his mouth im sure miller will release him for some stupid reason and convert some cb to rb