PDA

View Full Version : Big Day Out

boz-monaut
16-07-2012, 11:51 AM
**** me the Big Day Out lineup is uninspired this time around

goaliepersempre
16-07-2012, 12:02 PM
So thoughts on the BDO lineup for 2013?

Red Hot Chili Peppers (EXCLUSIVE Australian Shows)
The Killers
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Vampire Weekend
Band Of Horses
The Bloody Beetroots (Live)
Kaskade
Animal Collective
B.O.B
Sleigh Bells
Foals
Alabama Shakes
Crystal Castles
Pretty Lights
Off!
Grinspoon
Against Me!
Gary Clark Jr
Nicky Romero
Morgan Page
Logo
Every Time I Die
Delta Spirit
Childish Gambino
Me
Hunting Grounds
Jeff The Brotherhood
Death Grips
Adventure Club
Jagwar Ma
House Vs Hurricane
Avalanche City
Toucan
Helena
Nina Las Vegas
Sampology (AV / DJ Show)

Rocknerd
16-07-2012, 12:21 PM
**** me the Big Day Out lineup is uninspired this time around

it was the same last year.

who gives a rats about it anymore. it's just mainstream music for inner city hipsters these days. Nothing Alternative or underground about it any longer.

the blue manc
16-07-2012, 01:19 PM
how the killers could be co-headliner is beyond me. i really thought that seeing they are part owned by the mob the runs lollaplooza that they would have some good pulling power considering who`s playing lollapolooza this year. maybe the second announcement might bring the wow factor.

pv4
16-07-2012, 01:21 PM
that lineup doesn't appeal to me at all - nothing there that makes me think it'd be worth sweating through the heat of a bdo, plus deal with all the usual bdo dbags, to see. a few bands i'd see at sideshows, but none that make me want to buy an overpriced bdo ticket.

boz-monaut
16-07-2012, 01:23 PM
it just gets shitter each year doesn't it...

the blue manc
16-07-2012, 01:25 PM
i think soundwave is better value.

q-money
16-07-2012, 01:27 PM
big old bag of not caring.

i haven't gone to a festival in yonks, last one i went to was days like this, i think. that was great.

Jetmaster
16-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Big day out for us older types is a trip up the Bay for a picnic !

the blue manc
16-07-2012, 01:32 PM
been going since 93 and i think the best one lately was 2004

q-money
16-07-2012, 01:34 PM
oh yeah, should mention that although i'm not a fan of sleigh bells music, alexis krauss is a right hornbag

pistolpete
16-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Big day out for us older types is a trip up the Bay for a picnic !

http://funny-pics-fun.com/wp-content/uploads/Funny-April-Fools-Day-Animals-Laughing-3.jpg

Bremsstrahlung
16-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Wouldn't mind a The Killers/Crystal Castles sideshow. Blink 182 confirmed a tour in February, (most probably Soundwave) so I'll hang onto my money. Uncertainty about jobs/where i'll be in 6 months is also a factor in not buying a ticket.

Previous years i've not been fussed with the Headliners, but the supporting acts have been pretty good. This year they are horrid. Nice try, better luck next year.

BodyNovo
16-07-2012, 04:07 PM
wellington away > bdo

skippy
16-07-2012, 04:15 PM
The missus wants to go so bought tickets this morning, can't say I am overly excited for it

parksey
16-07-2012, 04:51 PM
have to say i was well underwhelmed when i saw the line-up. they were talking this years up so much and then come up with rhcp headlining, which is decent as i assume they haven't been here for a while, with the killers.

i'll probably still go because i'm a big fan of foals and band of horses and wouldn't mind seeing crystal castles again.

parksey
16-07-2012, 04:54 PM
it was the same last year.

who gives a rats about it anymore. it's just mainstream music for inner city hipsters these days. Nothing Alternative or underground about it any longer.

next year's line-up is probably the most alternative i've seen for a while, it's just that there's not many good bands playing.

very disappointing as 2013 was supposed to ease the backlash from this year's bdo.

Bremsstrahlung
16-07-2012, 05:19 PM
While it continues to sell out, there will be minimal changes imo. Like, how many people are buying tickets because of RHCP. A lot of people also go every year, regardless of the lineup. You've probably listened to 3-4 bands/acts and you will go anyway. They can pretty much, get 3-4 good bands/artists and they will sell out.

boz-monaut
16-07-2012, 05:28 PM
for inner city hipsters what?

it's the most bogan, outer suburban piece of shit festival there is these days

the Red Hot Chill Peppers for ****s sake, I mean **** me if anyone at all is still into that utter garbage it's not inner city hipsters, even if they're being ironic

parksey
16-07-2012, 05:45 PM
i just hope we get a decent second announcement.

Hamma12
16-07-2012, 05:46 PM
we're at the coast the night after sydney's concert save your money you bellends

hawk
16-07-2012, 09:22 PM
The missus wants to go so bought tickets this morning, can't say I am overly excited for it

simple fix

Bon
16-07-2012, 09:49 PM
It really has become an awful festival. Full of twats wearing fluoro wife-beaters, fatty's waddling about with their arse hanging out and yobbo dickheads who get royally munted whilst sitting about not even watching the bands..
Fvck BDO..
Only band on the lineup worth seeing is Every Time I Die..

parksey
16-07-2012, 10:15 PM
you old guys helped make bdo what it is today

leftrightout
17-07-2012, 07:24 AM
It really has become an awful festival. Full of twats wearing fluoro wife-beaters, fatty's waddling about with their arse hanging out and yobbo dickheads who get royally munted whilst sitting about not even watching the bands..
Fvck BDO..
Only band on the lineup worth seeing is Every Time I Die..

Dont forget the southern cross tatoos on show and the aussie flags being worn as capes!

Im sure they will still be out regardless of it not being aussie day this year!

furns
17-07-2012, 10:07 AM
you old guys helped make bdo what it is todayWe went before it was popular

parksey
17-07-2012, 04:31 PM
one thing i will say about this line-up is that they've definitely made an effort to go alternative after all the complaints about how "mainstream" this year's line-up was. maybe they've gone a little too far in some respects as they don't have many cross-over artists, e.g. jebediah, frenzal rhomb, foster the people etc., on the bill.

supasub
17-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Either 2000 (Headliners Fooies + RHCP) OR 2004 (Healiners Metallica + Muse) IMO were the best years of BDO

parksey
18-07-2012, 12:02 AM
'94 was supposed to have been awesome.

plague
18-07-2012, 11:01 AM
'94 was supposed to have been awesome.

Correct. There were a bunch of great ones back in the day but couldn't honestly say one was better. It was more about seeing bands you'd never really heard of, them scampering out to waterfront or utopia store the next day to try and find their cd's.
Sadly with the Internet etc it's hard not to have a pre conceived idea about bands before you see them now, which makes BDO's these days a totally different experience.
Sadly the worst thing that ever happened was moving out to Homebush (and yeah I know there was no other option).

the blue manc
18-07-2012, 02:59 PM
the period between 92 and 97 were awesome. and doing the pub crawl from city to the showground

plague
18-07-2012, 03:23 PM
the period between 92 and 97 were awesome. and doing the pub crawl from city to the showground

+1.
God bless the good old days.
what totally turned me off the BDO (last one I went to was the year after the Limp Bizkit one) was having to train it home. Bouncing home through Sussy Hills and along Oxford street after a massive day just kept the fun going.
Lining up for trains kind of killed that buzz.
Sad, I think I'm old now.

Bremsstrahlung
20-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Not even sold out yet....In previous years when they go on sale at midnight, people are struggling to get them come 12:30 and the sold out banners are up by morning.

plague
20-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Yeah but i think the hipsters have moved on.
Cant get a ticket to community theatre these days apparently.
thats where its at

skippy
22-07-2012, 06:17 PM
simple fix

problem solved, now all I have to do is get rid of these ****ing tickets

GazFish35
22-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Burn them, along with the body.