PDA

View Full Version : How many members will we get ?

R Ramjet
23-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Ok just putting it out there for a bit of fun.
My guess is 8126 members for this season. Hopefully not too ambitious.
Has the FFA convinced us all yet that we are in for a better ride ?
A couple more quality signings might help get a few more to sign up.
Interested to see some of the numbers people will guess

Blackmac79
23-07-2015, 10:49 AM
7-8k i think is about right

Premy
23-07-2015, 10:58 AM

Grimario
23-07-2015, 11:09 AM
We will crack 8k without too much drama, I reckon.

Jeterpool
23-07-2015, 11:16 AM
I think we'll get 9500.

23-07-2015, 11:30 AM

RAM
23-07-2015, 11:44 AM
17,000*

*including pet memberships

belchardo
23-07-2015, 02:09 PM
I think we'll get 10k, with 11k a possibility.

Roundball Enthusiast
23-07-2015, 02:33 PM
10-12 for me. Good vibe with the club atm, probably the best we've had.

halo se7en
23-07-2015, 03:39 PM

plague
23-07-2015, 03:54 PM

MFKS
23-07-2015, 04:12 PM
5-6k

People are pissed off and burnt out with the club after GVE Stubbins Tinkler etc

A lot will not be signing up based on the dross dished up in the past until they see some noted improvement.

Signings like we have had ain't gonna see them motivated to come either and will actually demotivate the plastic fans who may have been wavering.

Superdylan
23-07-2015, 04:19 PM

Had we kept stubbins and Tinkler I deacon we would be closer to 3000.

Frodo
23-07-2015, 05:02 PM
I wonder how many pets will signup this year? Anyone from the dog community heard any news on commitments?

For those of us with boring people memberships, i'd say we will lose about 1000 from last year, the FB page had most people saying "I'm pissed off with everyone and everything in life and it's a ripoff... but i'll still sign up cause i'm a real fan! Unlike YOU! Go Knights! I mean Breakers! I mean Jeffs!":soapbox:

So yeah, i don't think we will take a big hit. 1 decent signing and everyone will be back on board.

plague
23-07-2015, 05:34 PM
I wonder how many pets will signup this year? Anyone from the dog community heard any news on commitments?

I've read some ruff numbers, but nothing concrete.

Premy
23-07-2015, 05:38 PM
I've read some ruff numbers, but nothing concrete.
They would be barking mad to sign up after the Members great words to set us all straight.

RAM
23-07-2015, 05:42 PM
:rof:

Grimario
23-07-2015, 05:48 PM
They would be barking mad to sign up after the Members great words to set us all straight.

Just realised Adelaide missed a trick by not calling their pet memberships the "Gombau wow memberships". I might give them a call, see if I can get naming rights.

halo se7en
23-07-2015, 07:47 PM
5-6k

People are pissed off and burnt out with the club after GVE Stubbins Tinkler etc

A lot will not be signing up based on the dross dished up in the past until they see some noted improvement.

Signings like we have had ain't gonna see them motivated to come either and will actually demotivate the plastic fans who may have been wavering.

I've been around since the start. I didn't sign up the last couple of seasons, partly because I was away quite a lot, but also because I was burnt out due to Tinkler, GVE, Stubbins and that it just kept getting worse with no end in sight. I still went to some games, but no membership. But to me, everything that has happened in the past month or two has been a huge improvement and a complete breath of fresh air.

I've quite liked the signings so far because unlike you, I'm actually realistic about what it takes to build a club back up from the ashes. I'm not sure what group of people won't be keen for this season? The diehard fans who are there regardless will surely be signing on? The families that don't know much about football will likely be buoyed by the massive changes, new coach, new players. 6 yr old Tommy Smith won't know the ****ing difference between Labinot Haliti or signing Emile Heskey v2.0 so he's probabley bugging mum and dad to sign up as well... the plastics that you speak of were surely long gone for the past 2-3 seasons anyway, so if anything the changes might sway them back. So who isn't signing up?

stopper2
23-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Probably too early to call at this stage, if a quality signing or two was announced in the next month then that would certainly boost numbers. Will be interesting to see just how much the "community engagement" plan actually entices more people to sign up too.
I think overall the general mood is a positive one but it's hard to gauge just how many people got totally turned off for good after the Tinkler/Stubbins shenanigans of last season.
Some are saying the FFA Cup is not important but a good positive display and a win over Perth in a couple of weeks time could be all it takes to get a lot of people back on board again....yes we are that fickle!!!

plague
23-07-2015, 10:16 PM
the plastics that you speak of were surely long gone for the past 2-3 seasons anyway, so if anything the changes might sway them back.

The plastics that the good Member is referring to are the 4-5k that were part of the membership base last year but couldn't be assed showing up by the end of the year of which I was one* (hence the 5k crowds last few weeks).

*except it's been established I'm not a plastic but instead a superdooperfan.

sammydog
24-07-2015, 01:33 PM
I think we will see similar numbers to last season, so I'm predicting a tad over 10,000.

A lot of people I know who weren't coming back are saying they are feeling obliged to give the club another go under the new regime.

hawk
25-07-2015, 10:47 PM
I think we will see similar numbers to last season, so I'm predicting a tad over 10,000.

A lot of people I know who weren't coming back are saying they are feeling obliged to give the club another go under the new regime.

Definite swing to the staying party

http://images.scribblelive.com/2014/3/15/e7719a71-bb84-43a3-bc7a-760e4e4c6541.png

The Dunster
25-07-2015, 11:56 PM
Probably too early to call at this stage, if a quality signing or two was announced in the next month then that would certainly boost numbers. Will be interesting to see just how much the "community engagement" plan actually entices more people to sign up too.
I think overall the general mood is a positive one but it's hard to gauge just how many people got totally turned off for good after the Tinkler/Stubbins shenanigans of last season.
Some are saying the FFA Cup is not important but a good positive display and a win over Perth in a couple of weeks time could be all it takes to get a lot of people back on board again....yes we are that fickle!!!

The Jets woeful display against Perth in the FFA cup last year and Stubbins being tactically, mentally, and socially piss poor is why I didn't buy season tickets last season. I simply didn't want to endorse the shit that was going down at the club.

This year I don't see us challenging for a title or even a finals birth. However, this year we have a coach who appears to be a professional and for that is the reason I'm willing to buy into the rebuilding bullshit one more time.

R Ramjet
10-08-2015, 10:22 AM
we have hit 5384 members all the renewals numbers are kicking in

Jetmaster
10-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Actually, after all that has gone down and with two months to the season, that is ok.

Grimario
10-08-2015, 12:38 PM
It's not too bad... but given that it was rejoining members, that's 5k from last year that haven't opted to auto renew.

belchardo
10-08-2015, 01:06 PM
grim - definitely glass half empty :gent:

could be they are holding off until closer to the season. why give FFA your money until you need to?

we are currently 4th in the list of most members for this season.

pv4
10-08-2015, 01:13 PM
I wrote to the Jerks a lot last season saying I wouldn't renew if Stubbins was still around.

Felt obliged to renew, seeing as though they dumped him.

Tommyjet
10-08-2015, 01:21 PM
It's not too bad... but given that it was rejoining members, that's 5k from last year that haven't opted to auto renew.

Isn't there an auto renew box to tick? So many of the members last season may have opted not to tick that box when they signed for last season if u catch my drift.

Grimario
10-08-2015, 01:24 PM
grim - definitely glass half empty :gent:

could be they are holding off until closer to the season. why give FFA your money until you need to?

we are currently 4th in the list of most members for this season.

No, I'm part of the razor gang. From what I can see, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be and we will be downsizing as a result.

stopper2
10-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Isn't there an auto renew box to tick? So many of the members last season may have opted not to tick that box when they signed for last season if u catch my drift.

That's 100% correct mate.
Also many Members opt for the perpetual payment plan (like myself) which automatically renews every season unless you notify the club that you are opting out.

plague
10-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Shitcunce sent me a message that I had opted to auto renew when we specifically said not to when we brought them.

Filled out the form and sent it back to opt out.

Lets hope it all goes smoothly.

lquiquer
10-08-2015, 04:36 PM
@NewcastleJetsFC: Hi @lquiquer - No. They are just the members that chose not to auto-renew. Many (over 1k) have indicated they will renew at a later date.

R Ramjet
21-08-2015, 01:54 PM
member count has hit 6022 if we can get another 2k I think we will be doing ok considering what has gone down

Retro Jet
23-08-2015, 02:42 PM
member count has hit 6022 if we can get another 2k I think we will be doing ok considering what has gone down

That's 89 more since we signed Leonardo...

MFKS
29-08-2015, 11:04 AM
So I go away on Holidays. A few days before I go the Membership details for upcoming season are announced.

Have a look but as going away I go **** it I deal with when I get back.

I away for a few weeks not really looking to hard at finances etc. Get home not really check mail either

Get round to checking some mail last night and find the Khunts at Jets have decided to try to renew my membership.

Good thing I had actually changed bank accounts as they tried hitting up an account I have still but has little money in so the ****er bounced.

Now considering I have been a member in past and have never been hit up for Auto Renewal how come this time I get hit up for it??

Bunch of ****ing khunts of the highest order running the club. What sort of shitty business practice is this they run??

I will renew when I am ready. The choice to renew is mine and it is not a decision a bunch of useless khunts who shitted me to tears last season get to make.

Khunts want to re engage with community?? Well **** this practice of auto renewal off.

Run the ****ing club properly so I am chomping at the bit to renew my membership because I am happy with how things are at my club.

Not get a situation so I am not renewing until I feel ready and withholding my cash as a sign of protest at how shit the ****ing club is and how piss poorly they have treated our fans

Premy
29-08-2015, 11:55 AM
So I go away on Holidays. A few days before I go the Membership details for upcoming season are announced.

Have a look but as going away I go **** it I deal with when I get back.

I away for a few weeks not really looking to hard at finances etc. Get home not really check mail either

Get round to checking some mail last night and find the Khunts at Jets have decided to try to renew my membership.

Good thing I had actually changed bank accounts as they tried hitting up an account I have still but has little money in so the ****er bounced.

Now considering I have been a member in past and have never been hit up for Auto Renewal how come this time I get hit up for it??

Bunch of ****ing khunts of the highest order running the club. What sort of shitty business practice is this they run??

I will renew when I am ready. The choice to renew is mine and it is not a decision a bunch of useless khunts who shitted me to tears last season get to make.

Khunts want to re engage with community?? Well **** this practice of auto renewal off.

Run the ****ing club properly so I am chomping at the bit to renew my membership because I am happy with how things are at my club.

Not get a situation so I am not renewing until I feel ready and withholding my cash as a sign of protest at how shit the ****ing club is and how piss poorly they have treated our fans

Maybe read the ****ing Emails and it will give you a detailed answer on all questions you just asked?

Actually forget about that just rant on the forum instead :banghead:

P.S renew already you plastic kent.

plague
29-08-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm with Member. They sent the first new member letter for this year saying I was on auto-renew when we specifically made sure we weren't when we got them (we did it in person).
Someone def changed them and it's a complete shitkhunt way to go about your bizniss.

**** this club.

The Dunster
29-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Looking forward to the club outsourcing the membership payments to Nigeria next season.

belchardo
29-08-2015, 01:45 PM
same for me, wasn't on auto-renew, got a letter saying i was.

plague
29-08-2015, 01:52 PM
same for me, wasn't on auto-renew, got a letter saying i was.

Funny part is I don't know whether the scumbags at HSG did it, or the scumbags at the double-eff-aye did it.

Don't trust either of them.

Edit: it's obvious Tony Abbott did it, how silly of me.

MFKS
29-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Funny part is I don't know whether the scumbags at HSG did it, or the scumbags at the double-eff-aye did it.

Don't trust either of them.

Edit: it's obvious Tony Abbott did it, how silly of me.

Good point Plague

The bit that baffles me most about it is that in each of the recent years under Tinkler and co I had to pay before I was a Member. I was not on the auto renew at any stage.

Everytime I renewed I made sure I avoided getting on the Auto Renew.

Now if the dumb ****s in HSG are responsible then hardly a surprise with the shit way they operated.

If the FFA are responsible so much for their community engagement.

Yeah Idiots like me will renew. EVENTUALLY

But as you are aware there are plenty in the Hunter who won't even with Muppet and Tinkler gone.
I imagine their are quite a few in the Hunter who live payday to payday who had no intention of renewing. Sure they be pretty impressed the club has raided their bank accounts and left them high and dry with no money to feed the family and then the hassle of trying to sort the shit out with the club to get a refund

This policy of Auto renewal is only gonna create more bad blood with the fans.

Exactly how is this policy of Auto Renewal Community friendly anyway??

Supporting these shit khunts with a Membership for 13 games of torture should be ****ing optional and up to the individual every season whether they wish to rejoin or not. Not tied to some ridiculous system where you have to ****ing opt out or even worse somehow get the auto renewal option imposed on you by unseen powers without your consent

MFKS
29-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Premy I will renew at some stage.

Season starts in October so have plenty of time. Doesn't make me plastic whether I pay Day 1 or Day 50

As for reading the clubs emails.

Why Should I have to??

I never asked for this at all and I was not at any stage on the Auto Renew list.

Bremsstrahlung
29-08-2015, 04:58 PM
before I was a Member.

Who were you before you were the Member?

Hunter403
29-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Renewed my four tickets and have moved to the Western stand. Sick of getting sunburned and staring into the sun.

militiamon
29-08-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm with the Member's crusade here.

Was probably going to renew in the end, but having it forced on me felt like I have the ghost of Stubbins laughing in my face.

cbf kicking up a stink about it since I'll be joining in the end, but next year they won't be able to pull the same shit.

GazFish35
29-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Will raise it at the next sub-committee meeting.

Can people impacted by this please send me a pm outlining your gripe.

But in less sweary versions

stopper2
30-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Looking at the Membership figures around the League, once again we are up amongst the highest with nearly 6,500 and currently 4th highest with only Victory, WSW and SFC higher. FFA must be very concerned with the numbers for Roar in particular with <4,000 at this stage, on a par with the gypos and Adelaide surprisingly haven't even broken 5,000 yet either. SFC with just under 9,000 odd is piss poor when you consider the population they have to draw from and the fact they were Grand Finalists last season.
I think it's fair to say that the best and most loyal fans are Victory, Wanderers and lets admit it here ourselves. Missing out on the Finals 5 years in a row and we still manage to have the 4th highest Membership says something about the loyalty and character of Novocastrians.

WolfMan
30-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Missing out on the Finals 5 years in a row and we still manage to have the 4th highest Membership says something about the loyalty and character of Novocastrians.

Either that, or the sneaky auto-renewal is inflating our numbers... :rof:

plague
30-08-2015, 11:40 AM
Would rather have 12 members and win the comp farkern.

MFKS
30-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Would rather have 12 members and win the comp farkern.

But can you handle a world where there are 12 of me???

plague
30-08-2015, 06:43 PM
But can you handle a world where there are 12 of me???

just like the 12 apostles yeah?

GazFish35
31-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Will raise it at the next sub-committee meeting.

Can people impacted by this please send me a pm outlining your gripe.

But in less sweary versions

Need details pm'd tonight.

hawk
31-08-2015, 10:19 PM
auto system is a fascist conspiracy to trap the workin man. just for that, wire cutters will get season tix for 13 games

Beeen
01-09-2015, 09:35 AM
auto system is a fascist conspiracy to trap the workin man. just for that, wire cutters will get season tix for 13 games

Yeah love it Hawk. More of this mentality blokes.

R Ramjet
07-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Looks like around 8000 will be pretty close. Cant see us getting up to 10k now

Blackmac79
07-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Depends how we go in the first two weeks.

Good performances could see many more sign up.

hawk
07-10-2015, 08:09 PM

Retro Jet
07-10-2015, 08:23 PM

Expectations exceeded here.

furns
07-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Was discussed in podcast released today - a lot of the non-renewing members are adopting wait-and-see approach before they renew. Expect memberships to increase if a few decent performances in October eventuate.

R Ramjet
08-10-2015, 01:52 PM
currently 7279 members

R Ramjet
07-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Ok just putting it out there for a bit of fun.
My guess is 8126 members for this season. Hopefully not too ambitious.
Has the FFA convinced us all yet that we are in for a better ride ?
A couple more quality signings might help get a few more to sign up.
Interested to see some of the numbers people will guess

currently 8288 members and you wouldnt expect many more. nearly nailed it with my guess of 8126:thumbsup:

plague
07-11-2015, 09:50 AM
I think we'll get somewhere between 8280 and 8290 Members by the Wanderers home game

ahem......

Jeterpool
08-11-2015, 07:58 AM
ahem......

:rof: of course you said that

Retro Jet
21-12-2015, 04:32 PM
We just cracked the 9K mark.
http://membership.newcastlejets.com.au/membership

Error 404 message. :rof:

I bet Boz wished we were extinct already..as the Jatz at least.

The Dunster
21-12-2015, 05:36 PM
We re-joined but have absolutely no intention of attending another match after the city and pissants performances by the Jets over the past two games.

Choosing the less painful option of punching myself in the groin for 90mins instead.

lquiquer
21-12-2015, 09:16 PM
We just cracked the 9K mark.
http://membership.newcastlejets.com.au/membership

Error 404 message. :rof:

I bet Boz wished we were extinct already..as the Jatz at least.

There are still people signing!!??.... they must smoke good shit....:lulzturtle:

hawk
25-12-2015, 10:08 AM
will be 5k next year

MFKS
25-12-2015, 12:19 PM
will be 5k next year

belchardo
26-12-2015, 12:45 PM

You'd be over the moon with that! So many people to call plastic.