PDA

View Full Version : Meeting With Northern

NewyTy
23-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Not sure if my earlier thread was posted, might not have pressed the button. For those who don't know I run Newysports.com and put up an article on Monday, criticising NNSWF and their operations (http://www.newysports.com/2015/07/opinion-northern-nsw-footballs-struggle.html). The Facebook link has over 7000 views and 800+ people have read the article and I've had dozens praise me for it. Now I'm trying to round up some complaints from Facebook, my website and here to try and make a list to take to a meeting I have with NNSWF CEO David Eland next week.

I'm only young and inexperienced in meetings so I'd love to have some backing support to take with me to the meeting. I feel strongly about this and that's why I've risked my reputation and called out NNSWF. If you've got any complaints or potential solutions to some of the problems, please comment below! This could get 0 replies, it could get 100s, but I feel Northern will more likely listen to me if I tell them how many people have spoken up.

I was thinking of making a short petition on a one of those petition sites, not to protest but just to get an exact number on how many people support the call for change.

Thanks and mods feel free to delete if my earlier thread pops up but it's been an hour. Cheers guys!

NUGUNS
23-07-2015, 09:00 PM
I would definitely ask about rego.

I would also ask for a non bullshit reason as to why there has been so many injuries on the synthetic pitches at Speers Point. (Also ask why the ****ers are so small.)

boz-monaut
23-07-2015, 09:01 PM
at the moment, what you're saying is hearsay

document what people have said to you and when (though withhold names, even if NNSW press you for them)

I am almost certain that Eland will be more interested in what people have said to you and how NNSW can improve than attacking you

NewyTy
23-07-2015, 09:05 PM
I'll try and get a list of complaints and of course names will be withheld. I'm glad to put my neck out as I'm not really affiliated with any clubs. Of course I play for Cooks Hill but not a committee member or anything like that.
I'm hoping they'll be open to some constructive criticism.

Beast
23-07-2015, 09:28 PM
For Northern to listen I beleive you will need to be constructive with how you approach it. Definitely raise each issue but also offer a realistic way for them to fix it. By suggesting a way forward it shows you are interested in how to improve things rather than just bitching about things. Probably wouldn't take pages of items but select the more important and achievable ones. Starting out if you can work through and address some items with positive outcomes you can build the relationship and lead up to the big ticket items down the track. Start with small steps, it's a negotiation. Both sides need to achieve a benefit.
With David contacting you shows he is open to discussion.

NewyTy
23-07-2015, 09:38 PM
For Northern to listen I beleive you will need to be constructive with how you approach it. Definitely raise each issue but also offer a realistic way for them to fix it. By suggesting a way forward it shows you are interested in how to improve things rather than just bitching about things. Probably wouldn't take pages of items but select the more important and achievable ones. Starting out if you can work through and address some items with positive outcomes you can build the relationship and lead up to the big ticket items down the track. Start with small steps, it's a negotiation. Both sides need to achieve a benefit.
With David contacting you shows he is open to discussion.

Agree. I'm not going there to bag them out. I want to discuss ideas and potential fixes to some of the problems. That's why I've asked around for some potential solutions as it'd be nice to have a few ideas to discuss. At the moment I'm not sure what I'll say

Why Blue
24-07-2015, 07:41 AM
Newy
First thing you need is an agenda and if NNSWF called you than surely they must have a reason
So I would be asking for an agenda, this will allow you to be better prepared
If they won't than you set one, list 4-5 key points and stick to them.
Also set dates for answers or follow up
Stay on track, I have had a few discussions with these guys over the years and they are hard to pin down, more probable they don't like to be pinned down

Also think your issues thru
Eg NPL Youth double points
This is a terrible rule, robs the top youth comp of game time, robs the parents of dollars, under 15f no disrespect, get to reschedule. Now lately I believe their seems to be an effort from some clubs to reschedule, particuly if the result would suit them. Is this an argument for games to be moved to the new facility ??? It is after all a facility for all not just some
But the over riding factor and this will be NNSWF response is that the NPL clubs voted for double points so take it up with the club.

This is what I mean get your key issues and make sure you think them thru

MFKS
24-07-2015, 07:53 AM
You are more than welcome to put my name to this.

NNSW 2nd biggest federation in Australia behind only NSW on participants.

Results in Nationals
Results in quality of players produced
Results in Socceroo level players

Are well below the mark for a federation of Northern's size. Not only that we ain't even close to being the 2nd best performed fed in the land

Middleby and Zane are the last two Socceroos we have produced. Neither of them were exactly top shelf Socceroos like Emerton Chippers Kewell Viduka Luca$h etc who were genuinely the best we had at the time and were auto selections when fit.

Absolutely disgraceful the achievements of Northern in the last 30 years considering the resources at their disposal

Why Blue
24-07-2015, 08:22 AM
Another important point to remember
NNSWF & particuly David Eland will play a very straight bat, backed by a rule book and minuted meetings with clubs etc, your going in representing the thoughts of many but mainly based on emotion.

ForeverRed
24-07-2015, 09:14 AM
I'd hate to rain on your parade but I think all nnswf want to do is kick your but for your attack on them on your website,in all respect I truly can't see them discussing issues with you

RAM
24-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Push for a fair FFA Cup draw, with all teams mixed together from the start. **** this zonal shit.

Why Blue
24-07-2015, 10:24 AM
I'd hate to rain on your parade but I think all nnswf want to do is kick your but for your attack on them on your website,in all respect I truly can't see them discussing issues with you

Agree with you
Hence trying to help to young fella, take the opportunity to actually discuss what the community are saying don't waste it with emotional crap and have facts ie I had 600 likes for elimination of double points or I had 30 responces against this issue etc
After all NNSWF are pushing the FFA to listen to the community re the jets !!!!!
Maybe they could do what they call for !!!!!

LongSufferingFan
24-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Where does all the money go?

I run my own business and wish I had a monopoly like NNSW Football.

My son plays NewFM and looking back at his rego fees NNSW Football collected $140 (in addition to the Club and FFA component)
It is my understanding that each club has to pay $5000 just to enter the NewFM comp as well.

By my maths when you add this up for all 11 NewFM clubs assuming 60 players in the roster then Northern NSW Football make (11 x 60 x $140) + (11 x $5000) = $147,400 income just from the NewFM comp.
Expenses are minimal (there is stuff all promotion of the comp) but say allow $20,000 in expenses to cover for prizemoney and insurance and that still leaves Northern with $127,000 profit from just one competition. Oh and don't forget they would be getting income from the naming rights from NewFM.

Sure the competition needs to be administered but by the look of their website and the slackness in updating ladders, rescheduling washed out fixtures etc a 12 year old volunteer could do a better job.

Ker-Plunk
24-07-2015, 10:38 AM
please dont be niave and think nnsw aint sitting in their castle drinking soy lattes not reading this inbetween games of solitaire on their imacs . getting all their staff in motion . should find another suggestion box .

NewyTy
24-07-2015, 12:22 PM
I won't be letting them blast me or anything like that. If they're going to be negative I'll simply walk out. If they're open for discussion then I'll gladly talk with them. The re-scheduling and ladders and stuff for the New-FM is probably my biggest issue. I've had one club secretary tell me that he couldn't even get through to Northern and they wouldn't return his calls on the day of a recent washout. I've had a few clubs agree that Northern just don't care about the NewFM comp. I'll be pointing out the mess that is the NPL Youth as well. Our regions best kids deserve better than what they've gotten this season.

Thomas477
24-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Suppose the question that hasn't been asked yet is why would northern take a part-time journalist's opinion on what is wrong with the state leagues? If anyone has an issue with how things are run, then they should go to their club, who will then make contact with northern if they believe it's worth pursuing. If the club's aren't happy then they should bring it to Northern, not complain to the media. Seems to me that the majority of clubs are happy with the status quo and it's just parents and a few clubs who have issues.

MFKS
24-07-2015, 04:18 PM
I won't be letting them blast me or anything like that. If they're going to be negative I'll simply walk out. If they're open for discussion then I'll gladly talk with them. The re-scheduling and ladders and stuff for the New-FM is probably my biggest issue. I've had one club secretary tell me that he couldn't even get through to Northern and they wouldn't return his calls on the day of a recent washout. I've had a few clubs agree that Northern just don't care about the NewFM comp. I'll be pointing out the mess that is the NPL Youth as well. Our regions best kids deserve better than what they've gotten this season.

Why walk out on them??

I would suggest your reconsider this stance.

Regardless of whatever response they give you act like an adult take it all in walk out the door and then think we are ****ed they are all a bunch of dickheads etc

You have to look it along the lines of getting them to do some of the things you want. Don't expect them to take everything on board you want as it just won't happen.

Look at the reality.They are listening to you.
See what they get done and never give up the fight in what you believe in.
Keep at them within reason and don't make yourself out to be an idiot in their eyes or you will lose any chance of them listening to you ever.

Best of luck

NewyTy
24-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Why walk out on them??

I would suggest your reconsider this stance.

Regardless of whatever response they give you act like an adult take it all in walk out the door and then think we are ****ed they are all a bunch of dickheads etc

You have to look it along the lines of getting them to do some of the things you want. Don't expect them to take everything on board you want as it just won't happen.

Look at the reality.They are listening to you.
See what they get done and never give up the fight in what you believe in.
Keep at them within reason and don't make yourself out to be an idiot in their eyes or you will lose any chance of them listening to you ever.

Best of luck

Hey mate, meant if they get agro or whatever. If they're just going to bag me out and stuff then I don't want to hear any of it but if they're open for discussion then by all means I'll be happy to go along with it. I'm not saying I could do a better job as I probably couldn't but I am saying that for the money they're paid, they need to step up some of their action.

Footyhead
24-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Ty, you're probably going to do this anyway, but suggest you prepare one or two sheets with a simple heading for each of the items you want to raise and under each heading one or two lines outlining the basis of the issue. Don't make it too long & wordy. Use this as prompt to discuss with them and also to be able to leave with them as a record of what you wanted to discuss. If you don't leave anything with them, if you leave it up to them to record what was said, won't work for you.
Also suggest someone else go with you as back up for what was discussed. If you're alone and they might have a few, could be daunting for you.
Would be great if some clubs can get behind you because like others have alluded here, dunno what weight Northern will give you as a single person... the meeting might be just a "lip service" meeting to make you feel good for a few days, then from their point of view, it's back to normal.
Good luck mate and good on you for making this effort.

Blackmac79
24-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Some genuine issues here. I think that Elland has done a bang up job so far and things will only improve in the future.

One question I would have is the cost of coaching education. This needs to reduce. Germany has something like 1 B licence coach for every 200 people of population. Reducing the cost and increasing participation in coaching courses would go along way to increasing the standard.

MFKS
24-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Some genuine issues here. I think that Elland has done a bang up job so far and things will only improve in the future.

One question I would have is the cost of coaching education. This needs to reduce. Germany has something like 1 B licence coach for every 200 people of population. Reducing the cost and increasing participation in coaching courses would go along way to increasing the standard.

Good idea that but just like everything in this country courses are run to make money and be a cash cow for those running it.

Re done First Aid course a couple of months ago. $175 down the drain for something I have done 4 times prior. Basically a rort to make money.

Football coaching should be dirt cheap through subsidies from the FFA etc as the results benefit the entire code yet the governing bodies limit the access to it by having excessive prices and schedules that only the really committed will embrace

early_to_the_match
24-07-2015, 09:56 PM
"Elland doing a bang up job" - Someone's a comedian!!!

sancho_theswan
26-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Maybe after all this "hoohaa" NNSWF still haven't updated their NEWFM scores and ladder from yesterday. Do they really care???????
Don't waste your time!

NewyTy
26-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Maybe after all this "hoohaa" NNSWF still haven't updated their NEWFM scores and ladder from yesterday. Do they really care???????
Don't waste your time!

Just more evidence for my cause mate. They know they're not doing a good enough job for New-FM. I'll be definitely trying to get a few points over. They obviously care a little or else they wouldn't be open for discussions. I want a federation that give the same amount of care to Magic and Hamilton as they do to you guys at Belswans and clubs like Singleton and Cessnock City.

sancho_theswan
26-07-2015, 05:54 PM
"I like the cut of your jib"….young man!

King
29-07-2015, 06:22 PM
"I like the cut of your jib"….young man! Me too. Very interesting. Dont discount the fact that amongst zone and junior clubs in this town there are some very experienced administrators and local business people who have a beef with NNSWF and their disdain with how they neglect youth but still get paid for U6s to play football. Seek out the big clubs like Valentine, New Lambton, Warners Bay, your Cooks Hill and even Kotara. Some impressive corporate types there and they might give your passion a professional approach the Mr Eland might sit up straight and show some respect to. All power to you Ty.

NewyTy
29-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Me too. Very interesting. Dont discount the fact that amongst zone and junior clubs in this town there are some very experienced administrators and local business people who have a beef with NNSWF and their disdain with how they neglect youth but still get paid for U6s to play football. Seek out the big clubs like Valentine, New Lambton, Warners Bay, your Cooks Hill and even Kotara. Some impressive corporate types there and they might give your passion a professional approach the Mr Eland might sit up straight and show some respect to. All power to you Ty.

Hi King. Already have a few New-FM clubs backing me. I'm on great speaking terms with the higher-ups at a few teams and it only gets better everyweek. I spoke on the phone to a lower-grade coach at a prominent New-FM team for 25 minutes yesterday, talking about what's not being done right for youth football in this region. I spoke briefly with Mr Eland on the phone yesterday to book a meeting (on Friday) and although he didn't say what he wanted to see me for, he didn't sound bitter or anything along those lines by any means. I'm open to any experienced admin types to get in contact and discuss issues with me and I'll be glad to bring them up with Northern.

As for my site, I've got big plans for the off-season and have one or two guys interested in helping me cover the A-League and the EPL. I've even had a media student contact me about the possibility of live-streaming New-FM games (with NNSWF's permission of course) next season. I'm not in this for the money, I'm in this to see Newcastle football and Northern NSW football rise to prominence and see the professionalism of the local game improve as a result. Cheers for the kind words!

King
30-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Hi King. Already have a few New-FM clubs backing me. I'm on great speaking terms with the higher-ups at a few teams and it only gets better everyweek. I spoke on the phone to a lower-grade coach at a prominent New-FM team for 25 minutes yesterday, talking about what's not being done right for youth football in this region. I spoke briefly with Mr Eland on the phone yesterday to book a meeting (on Friday) and although he didn't say what he wanted to see me for, he didn't sound bitter or anything along those lines by any means. I'm open to any experienced admin types to get in contact and discuss issues with me and I'll be glad to bring them up with Northern.

As for my site, I've got big plans for the off-season and have one or two guys interested in helping me cover the A-League and the EPL. I've even had a media student contact me about the possibility of live-streaming New-FM games (with NNSWF's permission of course) next season. I'm not in this for the money, I'm in this to see Newcastle football and Northern NSW football rise to prominence and see the professionalism of the local game improve as a result. Cheers for the kind words! Not to sound condescending to your NEWFM or NPL counterparts but NNSWF has all of them under their thumb already. The massive junior clubs are a different thing altogether and some of the committees there feature some heavy hitters. You should get feedback from the clubs. That survey they did a couple of years ago touched on a few issues but they were swept under the Eland carpet where they kept the stash of members money that paid the legal bills that kept him in his job a few years ago. Ask him why Newcastle Football and therefore its members footed the legal bills to get his job back. Ask him why families of senior managers all get a free holiday to go to Coffs for nationals. Ask him why one of his senior managers has been giving his kids cash jobs at State League finals and W League games for years. Its a joke. You have a voice. Get some support and use it well.

NewyTy
30-07-2015, 04:46 PM
Haven't really touched base with any junior interdistrict clubs and considering I'm meeting with Northern tomorrow it's too short notice to do that. I'd love to meet more and more keen football minds as there's a lot out there and yes there is indeed much more to local football than the NPL, New-FM and Zone.

Funny enough I've just found goalscorers for nearly every NPL, New-FM and NPL Youth game last week are up on Sportingpulse. Ironic that it was one of my main complaints in my original article last week. Good to see the goalscorers up on the site.

NewyTy
31-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Survived my meeting today! David Eland was great and we discussed a few things. Of course it was mostly facts and figures being chucked at me but it was a positive vibe and it seems like Northern are fully aware that they do need to improve in a few areas. I know it was probably just defending their name and what not but to be honest I'm glad it's done. I'll get back to my normal website work but for those who are keen readers, I wrote an in-depth thought of the meeting and other things below: (P.S, cheers for the support guys)

http://www.newysports.com/2015/07/opinion-thoughts-from-post-northern-nsw.html

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 03:03 PM
This thread is probably best being closed down.

KITZ
19-11-2021, 04:44 PM
It was until you commented on it, stupid!

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 05:53 PM

You really are a nasty Lake Macquarie City woman aren’t you?

magician
19-11-2021, 08:19 PM

Carl is on day release. Leave him be

KITZ
19-11-2021, 08:45 PM
Carl is on day release. Leave him be

:rof:

Captain_Carl
27-11-2021, 03:25 PM
Does anyone else plan on having a meeting with Northern soon?

samcan
09-12-2022, 11:03 PM
CEO David Eland leaves Northern NSW Football after 13 years

Elands out, now what?

Hunter403
10-12-2022, 10:46 AM
Now where will control of the board rest ? The answer to that will tell you what is ahead.

Captain_Carl
10-12-2022, 11:26 AM
One of the new board’s goals is to abolish JDL and return to Zone SAP. Could a compromise work? Continue the JDL but then have Zone teams selected to play in the State Championships as in years gone by?

ForeverRed
10-12-2022, 12:52 PM
It’s a joke the zones are running the show now, embarrassing actually, interesting times ahead

sammydog
10-12-2022, 12:58 PM
One of the new board’s goals is to abolish JDL and return to Zone SAP. Could a compromise work? Continue the JDL but then have Zone teams selected to play in the State Championships as in years gone by?

The Community State Championships were back last season. Only Newcastle, Macquarie and Hunter in it as a few false starts put off the other zones.

Plans to make it bigger this season. I suspect as word grows, so will the numbers of teams/zones.

Ive never heard anyone at the zones talking about taking about abolishing JDL/SAP and bringing it back to the zones. Ive heard talk of rationalising whats there, but not running it. Will be interesting to see what transpires on that front.

sapdad
10-12-2022, 01:37 PM

Can someone explain what the difference is between these two programs?

Aegon
10-12-2022, 01:55 PM
Can someone explain what the difference is between these two programs?

Zone SAP is where the associations (below) pick a squad or 2 squads and the teams play against each other.

Newcastle, Hunter, Macquarie + mid coast, north coast, nias, etc

Whilst I don’t believe JDL is perfect I 100% believe more players getting better training is beneficial in the long run.
I have personally seen the best players in under 9’s & 10’s be caught up to and in some cases overtaken by kids who were not even on the radar back then when it is time to transition to Jets/NPL.

Returning to Zone SAP and therefore reducing the numbers down to somewhere between 30-60 kids in the greater Newcastle/Hunter area would be extremely short sighted. It would just be a return to the way things were done previously.

travellingman
10-12-2022, 02:16 PM

Talk about scaremongering.
The new board only got elected last night and have not made a statement on what they have in mind for the game.
They have however stated they will be consulting the stakeholders.

ForeverRed
10-12-2022, 02:40 PM
Talk about scaremongering.
The new board only got elected last night and have not made a statement on what they have in mind for the game.
They have however stated they will be consulting the stakeholders.

They have made a statement

Barry Dawson
10-12-2022, 03:59 PM
Doesn’t the statement issued on behalf of the new Board actually signal a show of no confidence in the existing Zone CEOs and administration - the groups they are supposedly representing?

The need for revamp and push in the grassroots areas that has driven this power play is directly related to the fact that current zone administrators have been asleep at the wheel for at least 5 years or more.

samcan
10-12-2022, 10:04 PM
Can start by capping JDL fees. 9s to 12s $600. 1 team per club.

northern_swan
11-12-2022, 03:12 AM
One JDL team per club sounds like a great deal until you look at that in detail.

An u12 JDL team will have 10-12 players. Where the top clubs have 2 u12 JDL teams, 20-24 players are in those squads. They will “lose” 2-4 players to the jets. That means, these clubs will have 16-22 players to select their 13s team from. The surplus will flow down the pyramid.

If each club were restricted to 1 JDL team per club, at the end of JDL, the NPL clubs would be looking to find 3-?players to fill their team. That could look like a club like South Cardiff developing a squad of 12 players for 4 years, only to have 6 of them go to Edgeworth forU13s (as an example)

On the other side, using the same clubs as an example, Edgeworth could have 22-24 u12 players, “lose” 4 to the jets, then direct 4-6 to South Cardiff, thus keeping all of the kids in the pathway.

Aegon
11-12-2022, 06:40 AM
One JDL team per club sounds like a great deal until you look at that in detail.

An u12 JDL team will have 10-12 players. Where the top clubs have 2 u12 JDL teams, 20-24 players are in those squads. They will “lose” 2-4 players to the jets. That means, these clubs will have 16-22 players to select their 13s team from. The surplus will flow down the pyramid.

If each club were restricted to 1 JDL team per club, at the end of JDL, the NPL clubs would be looking to find 3-?players to fill their team. That could look like a club like South Cardiff developing a squad of 12 players for 4 years, only to have 6 of them go to Edgeworth forU13s (as an example)

On the other side, using the same clubs as an example, Edgeworth could have 22-24 u12 players, “lose” 4 to the jets, then direct 4-6 to South Cardiff, thus keeping all of the kids in the pathway.

Yup, agreed.

sapdad
11-12-2022, 12:44 PM

I agree with this.

Hunter403
11-12-2022, 12:58 PM
JDL works well here in Newcastle as it is (generally) providing the numbers to feed into the PYL competition. As Northern_swan said, the ideal scenario is two teams per club, and it would be good to see that become the norm.
However, JDL seems a failure for the regional associations. I can understand why they are keen on the old system.

Perhaps the answer lies in JDL existing in Newcastle (incl Hunter and Lake M) and the old zone system in the regions. To keep the region's kids in a viable "league", each Newcastle zone could pick a rep squad from the JDL teams in their territory that play the regional zones. The more football the better. Play Saturday for Olympic and Sunday for Newcastle, Saturday for Weston and Sunday for Hunter, Saturday for Belswans and Sunday for Lake M. To keep the cost down, the Newcastle zones provide the strips (just like the old days) that the kids don't keep. One rego covers both and the associations finance the coach through general revenue. No need for separate training, look at it as just game training.

PYL club get what they want, and the regional associations get what they want. Kids get more games.

If the JDL is canned, I think the new board could well be short lived.

sapdad
11-12-2022, 02:02 PM
If the JDL is canned, I think the new board could well be short lived.

While I dont know any of the behind the scenes stuff involved,the thought of even narrowing the talent pool in any way shape or form is a completely dumb idea.My son came through the 1st year of JDL and to see the differences from then til now has been eye opening.Mostly its the kids that werent world beaters in the early years but have stuck with it and are now getting chances at the best NPL clubs and Jets.The theres the kids that were the pick of the bunch back then that are now either back to the pack or have given up playing all together.Theres plenty of ways to make JDL better,cutting numbers is not one of them.

travellingman
12-12-2022, 06:44 AM
My thoughts are that JDL should be capped at 1 team per club. Then open JDL up to Zone league clubs to field a team and have divisions with promotion/relegation.
This will maintain or possibly increase the number of players in JDL. Cap the rego fees at a reasonable figure to ensure that mums and dads aren't paying for the senior players match payments like is the current system.
Kids will always move from club to club until they find their level regardless of what mum or dads' aspirations for them are.

But maybe we all should just cool down and wait to see what the new board has in mind instead of surmising.

Hunter403
12-12-2022, 08:33 AM
Can anyone copy and post the Newy Herald article from today about NNSWF?

Aegon
12-12-2022, 09:18 AM
Can anyone copy and post the Newy Herald article from today about NNSWF?

Herald Link (https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/8014899/new-northern-nsw-football-board-lines-up-goals-after-overthrow/?cs=7580&_ptid=%7Bkpdx%7DAAAAsI-AoNbycQoKakIyY1lBVnF0dRIQbGJqeDhrcHQ1andiZDZlNBoMR VhKNURLVjJCNUdKIiUxODBpYWQwMDljLTAwMDAzMTgzN3J0MDN yZ21rb292dTkzZ2RzKhdzaG93T2ZmZXIwSjZXWVVITEpMMFoyM zABOgxPVFkyRFBGVk44S0hSEnYtcgDwG3F3ZHVxenpibDhaDzE 1OS4xOTYuMTY5LjE0MWIDZHdjaMHO3pwGcA14DA)

New Northern NSW Football deputy chair Mark Trenter has the return of promotion-relegation, the involvement of homegrown legend Craig Johnston in a junior development revamp, and giving the Jets academy cheap access to the federation's Speers Point facility high on his agenda after Friday night's extraordinary general meeting.

Trenter was the only survivor of an overthrow of the NNSWF board led by five of the seven member zones. Chair Helene O'Neill was removed with a 16-1 vote after fellow directors Bill Moncrieff, Peter Dimovski and Mansell Laidler resigned.

Mike Parsons, who became chair, was elected as a replacement along with Paul Sandilands, Lisa Evans, David Willoughby and Lauren Edwards. Trenter, a former KB United player, was not targetted for removal.

Long-serving chief executive David Eland also departed after briefly attending the EGM. His employment's termination by mutual consent with the now former board was announced only via an email press release at 6:31pm, around which time he left the meeting. Trenter said "everyone was in shock" after Eland's sudden exit without notice.

Trenter said finding a new CEO was a top priority.

"I personally want to make sure we get a CEO that actually comes from a football background and has an affinity with the area," Trenter said. "David Eland is a great operator, but David Eland is not the right fit for Newcastle anymore."

The upheaval ended a 15-week battle started when the Newcastle, Macquarie, Hunter Valley, Mid North Coast and Far North Coast zones moved to oust five of the six NNSWF directors. That came a day after NNSWF-endorsed recommendations from an independent review were released to the zones.

Among the proposed changes was empowering clubs to move to an aligned administration structure under NNSWF which would effectively dissolve the zones who run community football.

Trenter indicated the review was the trigger for the overthrow.

"It was the whole process, and then coupled with getting nowhere with promotion and relegation," he said. "I think it was the icing on the cake, the final review report, but prior to that there was a lot of stuff going on."

As for the report recommendations, which were unanimously endorsed by the former board, Trenter said: "There's certain parts of that that have a lot of merit.

"But the one part that was a concern was it was like Russia taking over the Ukraine here. Bringing in all this new staff and company cars and running it from Newcastle. I thought, are they doing this bad of a job? Can we do it any better? The major subject about the review was the cost of the game, and it never got addressed once in the final outcome."

He said the board would look at streamlining measures.

"The zones are good at running community football but there's plenty to be looked at there, and it will be," he said. "For example, I can't see anything wrong with Macquarie, Hunter Valley and Newcastle merging. That would be significant. As directors of a board, we'd have to look at the capitalisation there that could be used for an astro-turf ground rather than these [zone] buildings that we don't quite know what they are servicing."

Trenter's focus, however, was football development.

He said the board would bring back promotion-relegation between the NPL and second-tier Northern League One from 2024.

"The clubs need at least 12 months to know what's happening and to get prepared for it," he said. "But there will definitely be promotion-relegation. There's going to be accountability."

As for a junior development revamp, Trenter wanted to bring "proper football people together" to help end what was seen as a "money-grabbing monopoly".

He also flagged free or heavily subsidised use of the synthetic fields at Speers Points for the Jets juniors.

"The Jets are a major customer of NNSWF, and I know there's been history of the ownership of the Jets, and sometimes they've left debts, but we should be, as a federation, supporting our national league team properly," he said.

"You can't keep thinking about the past.

"We don't want kids from our area going down the road to the Mariners. We want to develop professional footballers that can go on to the Socceroos or that we can keep in our region."

Trenter said "Newcastle can be a pilot for change" in junior development and he wanted to involve Johnston and others football experts locally and from further afield to help improve pathways and access to them.

He said he wanted to put football ahead of business.

"KPIs are not all about that," he said in reference to NNSWF's strong financial position under Eland.

"They are not all about finances. Up until today it has mostly been about finances and at the end of the day, it's supposed to be a not-for-profit organisation. I get sick to death of board meetings talking about how rich we are.

"But I'm very respectful of the way we need a clever businessman to transition that through."

Saturday:

The return of promotion and relegation between the men's NPL and second-tier Northern League One from 2024 is high on the agenda of the new Northern NSW Football board confirmed on Friday night.

Football Mid North Coast stalwart Mike Parsons was voted onto the board and elected the new chair at an extraordinary general meeting where Lisa Evans, Lauren Edwards, Paul Sandilands and David Willoughby also became directors. Mark Trenter, the only director not targetted in the overthrow, was elected deputy chair.

Parsons replaced Helene O'Neill as chair after she was removed from the board 16 votes to one. The other directors, Bill Moncrieff, Mansell Laidler and Peter Dimovski, resigned before the meeting.

It was announced via a statement about 6.30pm on Friday that long-serving chief executive David Eland would leave his position immediately after he and the now former board had come to a mutual termination agreement. Eland served in the role for more than 13 years.

The Herald understands Eland was signed to a four-year contract extension shortly before the zones' move against the directors.

Also leaving NNSWF is chief financial officer Annette Hervas, football operations administrator Margaret Wand and finance assistant Kaitlin Radstaak.

The campaign to overthrow the board started on August 23, a day after zones received NNSWF-endorsed recommendations for change from an independent review report into the game's administration and governance in the region. Among the recommendations was facilitating a club-driven move to an aligned structure under NNSWF which streamlined administration and effectively dissolved the zone bodies which run community football.

Despite the upheaval on Friday night, Parsons said in a statement that it was "business as usual".

He was positive about the opportunities presented by a change in leadership at the member federation.

"We wish to thank the members of Northern NSW Football for their vote of confidence last night," he said.

"The new Northern NSW Football Board will come together shortly to commence planning for season 2023, future structure and direction of football within northern NSW.

"At this stage it is business as usual, we have excellent staff within Northern NSW Football and much of the planning for 2023 is complete."

The statement said the new board have indicated their intentions to prioritise grassroots football, achieve a dynamic NPL structure with NPLW, NPL and NL1, with promotion and relegation, from 2024 and reassess junior development pathways.

Promotion-relegation was abandoned several seasons ago because of the small number of clubs in the second-division which met NPL criteria.

In a press release on Friday night, Eland said: "I have been fortunate throughout my long tenure to have been supported by volunteer directors who selflessly dedicated their time and expertise to the game's best interests. The current board is no exception. I respect their determination to address the challenges constraining the game's continued growth and prosperity.

"It has been a privilege to lead football throughout northern NSW. I'm satisfied that I'm leaving the member federation in a sound position. The last couple of years have been very challenging, however, I could not be happier with how the governing body responded to the unprecedented challenges of the global pandemic."

samcan
12-12-2022, 11:42 AM
KPIs are a joke that only keeps suits in jobs. Have goals but drop the business façade.

Lower the JDL fees. They are part of the football disease.

samcan
12-12-2022, 02:27 PM

A fair assessment but.... this is why it doesnt work for me and dont fob this off because it isnt coming from the self important cliques which runs junior footy around this small town. Thats another poor topic.

Why should the "top clubs" have a monopoly on the top 24 kids so they can lose 3-4 to jets and still walk the NPL, when, 1 they dont all come from the local area and 2. continues to keep other clubs down. "Top clubs" have to learn what other clubs have had to endure. Develop their local lads, not have entitlement to other kids from other areas. Of course parents also choose where to walk but if eg Lake Mac/Rosebuds keep a good core of kids they will build strong clubs. And more importantly create challenges for all clubs every weekend.

Right now the top NPL youth 5 clubs have no real contest for most games of the year which apart from technique coaching is a major part of development we are missing.

KITZ
13-12-2022, 08:13 AM
A fair assessment but.... this is why it doesnt work for me and dont fob this off because it isnt coming from the self important cliques which runs junior footy around this small town. Thats another poor topic.

Why should the "top clubs" have a monopoly on the top 24 kids so they can lose 3-4 to jets and still walk the NPL, when, 1 they dont all come from the local area and 2. continues to keep other clubs down. "Top clubs" have to learn what other clubs have had to endure. Develop their local lads, not have entitlement to other kids from other areas. Of course parents also choose where to walk but if eg Lake Mac/Rosebuds keep a good core of kids they will build strong clubs. And more importantly create challenges for all clubs every weekend.

Right now the top NPL youth 5 clubs have no real contest for most games of the year which apart from technique coaching is a major part of development we are missing.

so what you are saying is you support communism and kids shouldn't have a choice where they play? no one "HAS" to learn anything. if kids want to play somewhere let them.

samcan
13-12-2022, 10:37 PM
so what you are saying is you support communism and kids shouldn't have a choice where they play? no one "HAS" to learn anything. if kids want to play somewhere let them.

That is the stupidest retort ive read on here. A thinly veiled strawman for a common sense approach. You shouldnt be around junior footy period.

Bremsstrahlung
14-12-2022, 07:38 AM

This is where we get into the quality vs quantity debate.
Is JDL a development league or an elite pathway?
If it’s an elite pathway - 1 team.
If it’s a development league - 2 teams.

I have no problem with any club putting forward a JDL team or even a youth team provided they meet whatever criteria has been set forward.
If clubs want to have 2 x teams so they can hope to retain the best 75% for their youth team, they should be able to. That’s sound investment in the future.
If clubs are happy to go with 1 team and try to get supplementary players from other clubs to form a youth team, that’s their prerogative. If players wish to leave your club to go play elsewhere, that’s their business and perhaps the club need to do more or aspire to be better to retain players.

Punishing “top clubs” for being desirable seems silly.
They don’t choose to have a monopoly, the demand to play for those clubs allows them to have the best.
Similarly, from these top clubs, there’s always a few every year that despise the way their child was treated, spent x years at the club, only to be told they don’t have a position as they’ve brought in somebody from another club. We’ve all seen and heard the clubs, it’s a risk you take when you play there
If you like how a club operates, play there.
If you don’t like how a club operates, don’t.

samcan
14-12-2022, 10:54 AM
This is where we get into the quality vs quantity debate.
Is JDL a development league or an elite pathway?
If it’s an elite pathway - 1 team.
If it’s a development league - 2 teams.

Its was slated as a development league which also includes the elite kids. But the costs ensure that not all kids are eligible. That means we have kids who are way out of their league even by 11s and 12s who cant compete. This has created a lopsided competition.

"Oh and lets just keep blaming and kicking clubs who are always on the bottom. Bad luck ay, as long as your club is winning. That hero mentality of elite clubs is a disease for football" which is fairly common here. For mine, we need more stronger clubs as this increases the development of all players more of the time.

Bremsstrahlung
14-12-2022, 12:22 PM
Its was slated as a development league which also includes the elite kids. But the costs ensure that not all kids are eligible. That means we have kids who are way out of their league even by 11s and 12s who cant compete. This has created a lopsided competition.

"Oh and lets just keep blaming and kicking clubs who are always on the bottom. Bad luck ay, as long as your club is winning. That hero mentality of elite clubs is a disease for football" which is fairly common here. For mine, we need more stronger clubs as this increases the development of all players more of the time.

I’m not really sure what your point is or if you’re offering any solutions or what your position is on anything tbh.

I think everyone wants more, strong clubs and as you say that leads to better competition and better development.
But how do we achieve that?
You say there’s a blaming or kicking bottom teams mindset, but what’s the alternative? Weaken the stronger clubs? Why should they be weakened or victim of their success?
If little Johnny has the option of playing for club a who has a good rep and good results vs club b who is not as successful or good rep. Who does Johnny play for to become a better footballer and develop?

KITZ
15-12-2022, 11:16 AM
That is the stupidest retort ive read on here. A thinly veiled strawman for a common sense approach. You shouldnt be around junior footy period.

Personally I don't think you should be around anything that involves children if that's your opinion of forcing kids to only play at certain clubs based on the suburb they live in, how's that for not understanding how privilege works - you are saying that I have to buy a million dollar house in Lambton to play in Lambton when I can buy much cheaper somewhere else and then still afford for my kid to play for, wait for it. Lambton. :P literally makes no sense.

BBscone
16-12-2022, 01:45 AM
Personally I don't think you should be around anything that involves children if that's your opinion of forcing kids to only play at certain clubs based on the suburb they live in, how's that for not understanding how privilege works - you are saying that I have to buy a million dollar house in Lambton to play in Lambton when I can buy much cheaper somewhere else and then still afford for my kid to play for, wait for it. Lambton. :P literally makes no sense.Good analogy but Lambton only buy other players or cash in on retired A League players. No demographic or long term plans there aside from cash and buy.

Jim
17-12-2022, 04:18 PM
Personally I don't think you should be around anything that involves children if that's your opinion of forcing kids to only play at certain clubs based on the suburb they live in, how's that for not understanding how privilege works - you are saying that I have to buy a million dollar house in Lambton to play in Lambton when I can buy much cheaper somewhere else and then still afford for my kid to play for, wait for it. Lambton. :P literally makes no sense.

you are a weirdo. That is a perfectly decent model. Are you retarded? because I dont want to upset your family.

KITZ
18-12-2022, 05:17 PM
Good analogy but Lambton only buy other players or cash in on retired A League players. No demographic or long term plans there aside from cash and buy.

You are most welcome to change the team - Magic are in the same relevant area and do have a youth setup.

KITZ
18-12-2022, 05:22 PM
you are a weirdo. That is a perfectly decent model. Are you retarded? because I dont want to upset your family.

So where do all the kids that don't live near an NPL team go? what they just aren't allowed to play football now because they don't live on top of a team? How do you make the next Socceroos if kids aren't allowed to move to gain better experience. If a kid is willing to drive to Sydney to play football instead of the rugby version that goes on up here, why shouldn't they be allowed to? So all those kids in the jets should be forced back to play for their local club? The kids getting the better experience in NPL1 at the mariners? Sorry that's out of area. I actually wonder if you have a kid in the system at all with such a lack of understanding of how development works. You find the best that you can and you play with and against them. You keep doing that until you hit a ceiling - If you don't hit the ceiling then you'll probably represent the country one day. You can't do that being forced to play at a club just because you happen to live near it.

ForeverRed
19-12-2022, 08:41 PM
Lawrie McKinna been offered Elands job

W8 WATCHER
20-12-2022, 10:55 AM

no lessons learnt
we continue to f... up football in NNSW.
LM, completely rooted up CCM and NJ, so yes he is a perfect candidate

Zonal Marking
20-12-2022, 01:10 PM
no lessons learnt
we continue to f... up football in NNSW.
LM, completely rooted up CCM and NJ, so yes he is a perfect candidate

What a load of nonsense. Until Martin Lee cut off the funds to support the club and effectively ended any chance of sustainability. The Jets were probably the best run club in the A-league and had completely captured the imagination of the Newcastle public. This was under Lawries watch as well.

travellingman
20-12-2022, 02:09 PM

I was under the impression they would do EOI and review the applications.
I also heard on the weekend they were targeting Robbie Middleby

W8 WATCHER
20-12-2022, 02:37 PM
What a load of nonsense. Until Martin Lee cut off the funds to support the club and effectively ended any chance of sustainability. The Jets were probably the best run club in the A-league and had completely captured the imagination of the Newcastle public. This was under Lawries watch as well.

BEST RUN CLUB
hilarious, 5 supporters in the grandstand each week, no community involvement, zero to 1 local player, and license revoked how many time?
so explain when has the jets been the best run club, delusional:facepalm:

Zonal Marking
20-12-2022, 03:09 PM
BEST RUN CLUB
hilarious, 5 supporters in the grandstand each week, no community involvement, zero to 1 local player, and license revoked how many time?
so explain when has the jets been the best run club, delusional:facepalm:

You’re kidding right? You must have a short term memory because the year we hosted the grand final the club was doing brilliantly on and off the park. Crowds were up, jets jerseys were being worn by youngsters all over town. It’s just a shame that Covid hit when it did and our Chinese owner had to massively reduce the funding he was providing the club.

W8 WATCHER
20-12-2022, 04:03 PM
You’re kidding right? You must have a short term memory because the year we hosted the grand final the club was doing brilliantly on and off the park. Crowds were up, jets jerseys were being worn by youngsters all over town. It’s just a shame that Covid hit when it did and our Chinese owner had to massively reduce the funding he was providing the club.

THAT YEAR ....... remember! ........lol

keep your dream alive Zonal, we all love the enthusiasm
maybe GVE to take over Elands job, he has taken over the jets 6 times, why not

Zonal Marking
20-12-2022, 07:08 PM
THAT YEAR ....... remember! ........lol

keep your dream alive Zonal, we all love the enthusiasm
maybe GVE to take over Elands job, he has taken over the jets 6 times, why not

You’re obviously a very pessimistic person. It’s a shame you appear to be stuck in a negative mindset but when others are looking to support positive change please don’t try and drag them down to your level.

onlooker
20-12-2022, 10:36 PM
It’s funny that Lawrie has been mentioned I saw him at the Jets girls academy trials Vs Sydney Olympic two weekends ago and was wondering what he was doing there as I believe he is involved with the CCM academy or so I’ve heard. But maybe there was another reason!!

Jim
21-12-2022, 07:57 AM
I’m not really sure what your point is or if you’re offering any solutions or what your position is on anything tbh.

I think everyone wants more, strong clubs and as you say that leads to better competition and better development.
But how do we achieve that?
You say there’s a blaming or kicking bottom teams mindset, but what’s the alternative? Weaken the stronger clubs? Why should they be weakened or victim of their success?
If little Johnny has the option of playing for club a who has a good rep and good results vs club b who is not as successful or good rep. Who does Johnny play for to become a better footballer and develop?

Are you 16? If you dont understand sound sports management you also need to grow up. Reread previous info. Retyping for you lot is laborious.

Jim
21-12-2022, 08:02 AM

Weve been struggling ever since that happened.

As for NNSW, Im not sure if anything has been achieved. Zones are running the show.
NNSW raking in the $$$. No football infrastructure being developed. We still havent fixed the cost for forplaying at all youth levels. yawn.

Zonal Marking
21-12-2022, 08:26 AM
Weve been struggling ever since that happened.

I agree. It’s such a shame we couldn’t maintain the former owners steady financial investment that we were receiving back then. I feel until China cut ties we had the right people in place in the operations & management positions to take the club forward. Of course it went south after that but it was only going one way after the O/S funding dried up.

Jardelsimage
21-12-2022, 12:20 PM
Peter Haynes is the interim CEO

evolution
22-12-2022, 12:56 PM
It’s funny that Lawrie has been mentioned I saw him at the Jets girls academy trials Vs Sydney Olympic two weekends ago and was wondering what he was doing there as I believe he is involved with the CCM academy or so I’ve heard. But maybe there was another reason!!

I’m pretty sure Lawrie is the CEO of Sydney Olympic these days

KITZ
22-12-2022, 01:12 PM
I’m pretty sure Lawrie is the CEO of Sydney Olympic these days

Yep, Lawrie is over at olympic with roy and Haliti.

ForeverRed
22-12-2022, 02:32 PM
If I knew how to post a picture I’d show you the text received from Lawrie, he’s very keen for the job

Zonal Marking
22-12-2022, 02:44 PM
If I knew how to post a picture I’d show you the text received from Lawrie, he’s very keen for the job

A good appointment in your opinion if it goes through FR?

ForeverRed
22-12-2022, 05:26 PM
A good appointment in your opinion if it goes through FR?
No, he has the football background but I’m looking for someone younger

Zonal Marking
22-12-2022, 05:55 PM
No, he has the football background but I’m looking for someone younger

Any potential names you’d care to throw forward?

ForeverRed
22-12-2022, 08:28 PM

I got nothing

KITZ
22-12-2022, 08:58 PM
I got nothing

It would be hard to find someone with considerable football experience as well as the considerable business management / ceo experience needed to run a large organisation. Unless you have CO-CEOs, then you can have a transfer of knowledge as well. I have seen organisations run like that.

Lawrie put a lot of his own money into the jets, which many people seem to have forgotten when the owner decided to no show on his responsibilities.

ForeverRed
23-12-2022, 10:15 AM
How about joel Griffiths

BBscone
24-12-2022, 12:43 AM
How about joel GriffithsOh my.....this is one of those take the bait moments surely?. Maybe Big Dog or Super Hubert? Whomever it is a Degree in a Business related discipline. Maybe a Masters to warrant a $300k pay packet. Some sport admin experience preferred. Lots of applications if they take the blinkers off. I would suggest complete disconnection with the local area is a good start. No agendas or bias. Its broken. Fix it.

Eastwest
24-12-2022, 02:45 PM
I would suggest complete disconnection with the local area is a good start. No agendas or bias. Its broken. Fix it.

I could live with this. Far too many calling the shots who have a vested interest in a certain club.

And lets add in the jets youth. We have another "private academy" crew putting in their mates trying to own the show. There's one thick donut strutting around trying to help run the place who could die from heart failure any minute. ffs role models n all.

KITZ
24-12-2022, 05:21 PM
I could live with this. Far too many calling the shots who have a vested interest in a certain club.

And lets add in the jets youth. We have another "private academy" crew putting in their mates trying to own the show. There's one thick donut strutting around trying to help run the place who could die from heart failure any minute. ffs role models n all.

At least they are doing something that has been a dead horse for seasons - and the academy is a not for profit now, while I don't really like paying the money it is at least STAYING IN THE ACADEMY, which it wasn't doing before which is why the girls went under and the boys weren't far behind.

nice try though.

plague
24-12-2022, 06:56 PM
I would suggest complete disconnection with the local area is a good start. No agendas or bias. Its broken. Fix it.

Didnt the last bloke try and fix the broken system and got rolled by the people who were in his firing line?

You dont need a fancy certificate hanging on your wall to understand self interest is undefeated.

I actually dig your sugestion and optimism, but those others aint giving up their power by choice so good luck to whoever tries to poke that bear again.

travellingman
25-12-2022, 07:04 AM
Didnt the last bloke try and fix the broken system and got rolled by the people who were in his firing line?

You dont need a fancy certificate hanging on your wall to understand self interest is undefeated.

I actually dig your sugestion and optimism, but those others aint giving up their power by choice so good luck to whoever tries to poke that bear again.

NO. the last bloke - Eland didn't try and fix it. He broke it,
Some NNSW TD's tried to make changes and fix it but he blocked them, hence they left.
The new directors need to do a thorough search for a replacement. Not keep on the football merry go round of ceo's.
A new candidate with new ideas, start fresh

WOW2.0
06-03-2023, 12:34 PM
Anyone see the Linkedin post from Peter Filopoulos, from Football Australia and former CEO Football Victoria, and his tips on getting a career in football admin management...might help someone here get the top job for NNSW

Tip 1 was get a MBA in sports management, 2nd step was volunteer at your local club

MBA seems a big investment to get a volunteer role �� but there you go, there's the pathway...

Jardelsimage
06-03-2023, 01:09 PM
Anyone see the Linkedin post from Peter Filopoulos, from Football Australia and former CEO Football Victoria, and his tips on getting a career in football admin management...might help someone here get the top job for NNSW

Tip 1 was get a MBA in sports management, 2nd step was volunteer at your local club

MBA seems a big investment to get a volunteer role �� but there you go, there's the pathway...

wouldn't you do it the other way around???

Nou Camp
06-03-2023, 03:24 PM

dont have to pay back your hecs debt if you dont have job....

VelkiKurac
06-03-2023, 04:48 PM
wouldn't you do it the other way around???

100% you would

Eastwest
06-03-2023, 04:53 PM

sounds like a sales pitch again

WOW2.0
07-03-2023, 05:49 PM
What makes it even more ironic, he doesn't have an MBA in sports management...he's got an accountancy qualification (Bachelor of Business - major in accountancy)

But you know, he has been CEO of Perth Glory, Football Vic, South Melbourne FC and a bunch of board positions for other sports...so who am I to 2nd guess his suggested order of things 😂

riverboy
15-04-2023, 08:13 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but Peter Haynes appointment looks like a' job for the boys' appointment.
NNSW football needs big changes, maybe fresh blood could have helped that. What's the average community footballer see from them for their $100 plus rego component?

WOW2.0
15-04-2023, 03:19 PM
Is there a particular issue with him (I don't know who he is)

ForeverRed
15-04-2023, 05:10 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but Peter Haynes appointment looks like a' job for the boys' appointment.
NNSW football needs big changes, maybe fresh blood could have helped that. What's the average community footballer see from them for their $100 plus rego component?
Considering NNSWF stated they would search the world for a replacement and that a friend of a board member owned a employment agency 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️ I?d have to agree, although nothing against Peter as he is a fine human but the world wide search probably didn?t happen unfortunately

Alton
16-04-2023, 07:43 AM
Mind boggling appointment Red that?s all I can say.

ForeverRed
16-04-2023, 11:52 AM
Mind boggling appointment Red that?s all I can say.
I have to agree, it lacks desire

Taffy
17-04-2023, 08:39 AM
Considering NNSWF stated they would search the world for a replacement and that a friend of a board member owned a employment agency 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️ I?d have to agree, although nothing against Peter as he is a fine human but the world wide search probably didn?t happen unfortunately

To Northern the world ends at the Swansea Inlet.

WOW2.0
18-05-2023, 10:50 AM
Just read through this...Queensland's president's farewell letter...as we're talking about leadership in NNSW, thought some might find it interesting...so thought I'd share

https://footballqueensland.com.au/2023/05/13/football-queensland-president-ben-richardsons-final-address-to-the-football-community/

Taffy
18-05-2023, 11:47 AM
Interesting letter

What I hadn’t anticipated was what I was walking into at the time, an archaic organisation, with individuals throughout the game trying to maintain fiefdoms of perceived power.

Happens here in Newcastle all the time as well, the zone boards got rid of Northern's board when they saw their cushy spots and power would be taken from them.

As the popularity and success of FQ Grand Finals continues to grow each year, 2023 will see the NPL Queensland and FQPL 1 Grand Finals join the ranks of competitions held at Suncorp Stadium.

That's awesome, shame there is always people complaining whenever discussion of having the finals at McDonalds Jones or #2.

sapdad
18-05-2023, 02:28 PM
That's awesome, shame there is always people complaining whenever discussion of having the finals at McDonalds Jones or #2.

I like the idea of the marquee games being played at the best possible venue but there is valid criticism to be made of running of these events.Playing at McDonald Jones at night in the middle of winter is always going to deter crowds.The debacle at #2 last year should have embarrassed everyone involved with running that event but it didnt seem to matter to them.From the lack of information regarding tickets,the lineups trying to get in before kickoff and the complete lack of catering options should all be addressed and rectified this year.Add to that there only being 1sts and Womens rather than all 3 grades was another oversight.NPL grand final day is one of the best days of the year for fans to get out and support the game and their club if involved.

Aegon
25-05-2023, 12:59 PM
Moved the jets conversation to the appropriate thread.