PDA

View Full Version : Asean Super League

Premy
26-07-2015, 09:56 PM
So this fantasy League took a Major step towards becoming a reality today.
http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/asean-super-league-to-kick-off-in-august-2016

Thoughts??? Discuss
-Implications on the A-League and Australian players/Managers
-Weather Australia should/will be a part of it
-What this means for Asean teams in the ACL

Premy
26-07-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm not so sure that we (Australia) should enter a team. Although FNQ Heat seemed to be very interested in this League.

I also think Thailand should stay clear of this as it seems the Thai Premier League has come leaps and bounds in the past few years.

Blackmac79
27-07-2015, 06:28 AM
Super leagues, and the whole idea of them suck balls.

There is nothing wrong with the current system of each country having their own league with a champions league running along side it. All this is, is a cash cow for greedy betting tycoons. It will be a farce and any respectable country with serious aspirations for both their league and their national teams should avoid playing.

The 'inevitable' European super league has thus far been avoided.

Same goes for if they started introducing singaporean teams and other international teams in the A-league though. I think I would probably just stop supporting through the principle of the thing.

MFKS
27-07-2015, 08:23 AM
No one watches the ACL now anyway

Until it happens in Europe ain't happening in Asia

Premy
27-07-2015, 08:38 AM
No one watches the ACL now anyway

Until it happens in Europe ain't happening in Asia
It's happening next year.

Asean is the sub committee who operate in South East Asia. So in laymen terms this is a South East Asian Super League. I think that this could work but only in the Asean region and it needs to be #modernfootball completely new entities.

Beeen
27-07-2015, 10:50 AM
#gothebulldogs