PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 06 retro

lquiquer
07-08-2015, 08:37 PM
Watching replay of Croatia - Australia in WC 06 on fox......we were GOOD.... enjoying every minutes....Even Luc$s was good Member
arghhhh memories.......I think big difference with now is they ALL played in Big European leagues......EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Eridivisie.......

lquiquer
07-08-2015, 08:57 PM
I can clearly see watching that replay how technically superior we were compare to now...... Individual technique is the key.,and unfortunately we have move backward.....

boz-monaut
07-08-2015, 09:16 PM
one thing you won't get on the tv coverage is the half hour after the game that everyone stayed in the stadium going ****ing mental - kick off for that game was at 9pm and we'd gotten into Stuttgart at 11am and drunken heavily for the afternoon and evening

that train ride from Stuttgart back to Munich was some of the most drunken passed out coldness I have ever experienced - and then I got on a plane to Ibiza at 7am the next day and had it large for three nights

everything was better in 2006, everything

plague
07-08-2015, 11:21 PM
one thing you won't get on the tv coverage is the half hour after the game that everyone stayed in the stadium going ****ing mental - kick off for that game was at 9pm and we'd gotten into Stuttgart at 11am and drunken heavily for the afternoon and evening

that train ride from Stuttgart back to Munich was some of the most drunken passed out coldness I have ever experienced - and then I got on a plane to Ibiza at 7am the next day and had it large for three nights

Remember when the Aussies came back out to do a lap and they were playing ACDC over the PA and the Cro's were singing along.

Epic.

As we left every Cro wanted to give us their gear. I woke up the next morning with some checkerboard cap on and nowt much else.

Can confirm there were no nits.

Kalac though. God spare me that ****ing stress again.

hawk
08-08-2015, 12:04 PM
Yeah. If you ever want to compare where our world standard was at check out this game. As licker said we have receded so much.

Cant remember dukes being that agile.

plague
08-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Cullina, Moore, Grella in the guts.

awesome.

Retro Jet
08-08-2015, 09:52 PM

Favourite memory of that post match celerbration was the ACDC too...TNT and all the Aussies singing along with the 'Oi's' ...and having the 'Oi's' echo back at you.
Goosebumps...

q-money
17-08-2015, 04:38 PM
dunno if anyone remembers the carnage at wests in the japan game, blokes legit tearing the place apart, was brilliant

the flare show on the telly when srna scored that free kick in the craysha game was insane, the last proper world cup