PDA

View Full Version : 2015-16 EPL dick waving thread

plague
08-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Righto, that time of year again, otherwise known as '4 weeks till Liverpool are mathematically out of contention'.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/the-best-of-the-best-our-2015-16-premier-league-previe-1722305904

EPL preview from Deadspin, which is written by an unabashed Arsenal fan.
Pinch of salt and all that.
If your team is garbage there are links to the other 2 parts in there. (this part is just the top 6 teams).

Good luck to everyones team, except whoever Alan Pardew is managing, **** that guy.

Jeterpool
08-08-2015, 12:23 PM
This will be our year

hawk
08-08-2015, 12:40 PM
This will be our year

to grab 5th? cause I see teams with better squads

hawk
08-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Righto, that time of year again, otherwise known as Manu eat dick

http://screamer.deadspin.com/the-best-of-the-best-our-2015-16-premier-league-previe-1722305904

That writeup isnt too bad actually.

After 5weeks 10 teams will be out, after 10wks 5 more will be also rans. Epl 2016

plague
08-08-2015, 01:05 PM
That writeup isnt too bad actually.

After 5weeks 10 teams will be out, after 10wks 5 more will be also rans. Epl 2016

There's a few blokes on that site that are pretty funny. And for an American site there's a lack of focus in stats and more just watching the games and having an opinion which is refreshing.

Skirt Boy
08-08-2015, 09:02 PM
COYS!.............

Gunners for relegation.

plague
08-08-2015, 09:05 PM
SB's fav time of the year because Spurs are equal top but tomorrow morning he'll be still pumped because he'll only be behind gunners on goal difference.

Jeterpool
09-08-2015, 07:28 AM
to grab 5th? cause I see teams with better squads

I forgot :gent: on above post.

Bon
12-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Stoke sign Shaqiri.. :wub:
Bloody massive signing for them..

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Brilliant for them. No to liverpool last summer? Now to stoke....

Grimario
12-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Stoke sign Shaqiri.. :wub:
Bloody massive signing for them..

Stoke now have more CL winners in their squad than any other team in the league. They've basically assembled a FM team of wonderkids but years after they were amazing prospects. Still, the likes of Bojan, Muniesa and Shaqiri are still only 23/24, if they can tap into that potential they once were perceived as having, it's all great business.

Hughes has done a fantastic job of changing the style of play there and ambition of the club. From the bits I saw against Liverpool, Johnson and Muniesa were pretty agressive going forward which is a hell of a long way from the Pulis days where he would field 4 centre backs at the back and 2 in midfield.

plague
12-08-2015, 05:53 PM
if you believe that Stoke are better than trash Spurs if you give your bookie $1 if they win or draw the match your bookie will give you $2.10 back.

Grimario
12-08-2015, 05:56 PM
if you believe that Stoke are better than trash Spurs if you give your bookie $1 if they win or draw the match your bookie will give you $2.10 back.

You're much better at spruiking gambling that Samuel L. Jackson. Sign me up.

goaliepersempre
12-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Yeah the commentary over here at the moment re shaqiri.. is 50-50 some people find its a good move but maybe not the right club... but then again, at stoke he should be a starting player.. He has the physicality to be able to hold up in the premier league...

People are more annoyed as in the last year he has changed from a reputable agent to now his brother... (has zero qualis for this job) and there have been strange decisions and is just all about money...

I hope to see him do well and ofcourse behrami at wigan... (prob not the place but like was said in the remember 06 thread) swiss national team players all playing in the top leagues or at the top clubs in switzerland and champions league (scheisse basel) and we just need that for our nt in australia... No offence to the aleague but when you only play as little as you do and train as you do in the league then to compete at a world stage consistently needs alot more.. (not just the Aussie fighting attitude)

anywho Arsenal top 4 as always... a slight scare against west ham, but it will all come to foot.

Buddha
13-08-2015, 01:23 AM
Don't think I've been so optimistic as a villa fan to finish 14th in my life.

I can honestly see us bei one of the more dynamic teams in the PL, Gestede is an absolute beast in the air, unstoppable really. Gueye is looking the shit, plenty of energy and loves to get a good tackle in, and finally good to see us get a decent LB, I dunno but everytime I see Kieran Richardson get onto the field I have a sudden urge to put money on the other team.

City/Chelsea/UTD to win
Arsenal to finish 4th again
Delph to play a grand total of 6 games (snake)
First manager to go will be Advocaat (seriously, playing let alone starting Lee Cattermole is basically asking to get relegated)
Surprise package will be Newcastle(don't know why but Dutch Schteeeeve will get them going)
Benteke to get 13 goals for the season
Norwich, Leicester and Bournemouth to get relegated
Top Goalscorer will be Aguero if he stays fit for 3/4 season

leftrightout
13-08-2015, 08:14 AM
Stoke now have more CL winners in their squad than any other team in the league. They've basically assembled a FM team of wonderkids but years after they were amazing prospects. Still, the likes of Bojan, Muniesa and Shaqiri are still only 23/24, if they can tap into that potential they once were perceived as having, it's all great business.

Hughes has done a fantastic job of changing the style of play there and ambition of the club. From the bits I saw against Liverpool, Johnson and Muniesa were pretty agressive going forward which is a hell of a long way from the Pulis days where he would field 4 centre backs at the back and 2 in midfield.

Bring back Rory Delap i say!

Bon
13-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Bring back Rory Delap i say!

Damn straight.. Not much of a footballer, but could throw a ball in..

On a side note..
Has anyone started a tipping or fantasy comp or anything like that for the foz?
If not, would anyone be keen if one was started?

hawk
14-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Damn straight.. Not much of a footballer, but could throw a ball in..

On a side note..
Has anyone started a tipping or fantasy comp or anything like that for the foz?
If not, would anyone be keen if one was started?

gogogogo

Grimario
14-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Villa sign Adama Traore. Not the former Victory one, the former Barcelona one.

Great signing. Sherwood is doing decent things so far.

Buddha
14-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Villa sign Adama Traore. Not the former Victory one, the former Barcelona one.

Great signing. Sherwood is doing decent things so far.

Mate 10 signings in a window is uncharted territory for us, getting rid of average players too. Just hope they can all gel together quickly and finish a comfortable 14th like i predicted

goaliepersempre
15-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Now with Behrami, Shaqiri and Inler will be good to see how they go :) :)

plague
16-08-2015, 01:24 PM

Hey Plague what a fantastic idea lets all have ice cream today.

Cheers,
Plague.

belchardo
29-08-2015, 10:13 PM
Newcastle are going to have to forfeit soon.

weston
29-08-2015, 11:23 PM
Newcastle are going to have to forfeit soon.

Suprised they still have 10 on the park

lquiquer
19-09-2015, 10:47 PM
That Costa bloke what a f#%^£*g grub

GazFish35
20-09-2015, 12:12 AM
That Costa bloke what a f#%^£*g grub

Grade A ****.

baldrick
20-09-2015, 09:16 PM

Bon
21-09-2015, 08:10 AM
:lulzturtle:

MFKS
21-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Diego Costa is good for the game.

Haters gonna hate.

But if that was a Jets player and it was against the Gypo's.

Then bloke would be revered like Griff