PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Player movements

Pages : [1] 2

Blueboy
19-09-2015, 06:26 PM
I'll start this off with Hamilton Olympic securing the signing of former A league player Leo Bertos.

cobra23
21-09-2015, 01:19 PM
I'll start this off with Hamilton Olympic securing the signing of former A league player Leo Bertos.

I think this a great signing, he should rip in this league

chocolate soldier
21-09-2015, 01:40 PM

how did he end up there??

Sir
21-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Fantastic news.
Any similar signings of that degree?

magician
22-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Matt Paul to Jaffas I have heard. Can anyone confirm

terryk
23-09-2015, 06:20 PM

I heard Leo trained/trialled with the Jets only a few weeks ago and was considered very ordinary. Lets hope he brings something great to the NPL and not just another washed up ex A-League player looking for a fat pay check.

terryk
23-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Any truth that the Jaffas are looking at the Griffiths brothers for 2016? Whats there where a bouts at the moment?

The Magician
23-09-2015, 07:16 PM
I heard Leo trained/trialled with the Jets only a few weeks ago and was considered very ordinary. Lets hope he brings something great to the NPL and not just another washed up ex A-League player looking for a fat pay check.

Heard about this and gave a buzz to a mate living in Auckland, New Zealand... He thought that Leo's legs have more km's in them than Jason Cullina's, bad knees/ankles something. Still a coup for the competition, so who will be next to get Craig Kerry's fingers in a buzz with a Herald exclusive?

ForeverRed
23-09-2015, 07:24 PM
What's the difference, washed up A league players getting a fat cheque or never has beens bleeding clubs dry

Ker-Plunk
23-09-2015, 08:58 PM
fr , I know you the man that knows the most about football in nnsw. but please spare us the sour grapes . haven't you got some local toilets to rate on trip advisor ?

ForeverRed
23-09-2015, 09:17 PM
Can't manage to see any sour grapes in my statement, maybe your jealous or something, anyways, moving on

The Acolyte
24-09-2015, 11:30 PM
I got strong mail that Warren Mills is a special for he Best Dressed Award. They say that he's a real chance of taking out the big one at the Melbourne Cup carnival if he has a crack at it. Garn Millsy you can do it, get the trifecta , Minor Premiership, Premiership ' Romantic Dream and Luskin Star rolled into one, out of Newy into the big time

Tonester
25-09-2015, 08:21 AM
i got strong mail that warren mills is a special for he best dressed award. They say that he's a real chance of taking out the big one at the melbourne cup carnival if he has a crack at it. Garn millsy you can do it, get the trifecta , minor premiership, premiership ' romantic dream and luskin star rolled into one, out of newy into the big time
wtf!!

Zico
25-09-2015, 09:41 AM
I got strong mail that Warren Mills is a special for he Best Dressed Award. They say that he's a real chance of taking out the big one at the Melbourne Cup carnival if he has a crack at it. Garn Millsy you can do it, get the trifecta , Minor Premiership, Premiership ' Romantic Dream and Luskin Star rolled into one, out of Newy into the big time
You left off biggest Wanker in Newy football, sorry ForeverRed but you were a close 2nd :grin:

Atown
25-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Matt Paul to Jaffas I have heard. Can anyone confirm

Not true

ForeverRed
25-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Looks like a ban for zico boz,

Zico
25-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Looks like a ban for zico boz,
Just being honest FR or is WM untouchable on here aswell as at NNSWF?
MFKS will be shattered he isn't in my top 2 :whistling:

MFKS
25-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Just being honest FR or is WM untouchable on here aswell as at NNSWF?
MFKS will be shattered he isn't in my top 2 :whistling:

Shattered would mean I actually value your opinion and be in a position to feel emotional about it.

Good thing I don't give a rats arse :sigh:

boz-monaut
25-09-2015, 12:21 PM
rightyo then - bannings for everyone

you have until this evening to apologise otherwise I'll give your real names too

immersion
25-09-2015, 12:54 PM

you have until this evening to apologise otherwise I'll give your real names too

I'd speak to your lawyer before carrying out that threat. *not being a smart ass*

Frodo
25-09-2015, 12:55 PM

Stanley
25-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Heard Edgeworth and Magic have former A/League players poised to sign and the gunners will soon anounce a significant signing (any news on that FR)

ForeverRed
25-09-2015, 02:32 PM
Can't help there, I'm retired

Zico
25-09-2015, 02:44 PM

Fellow forum members,

I Suppose I best start this off and say I'm deeply sorry that people are offended by my previous post and I shall not refer to any member of this fanatstic forum as being one who chronic masturbates :wanker: in future posts.

Please accept this as a sincere retraction of my earlier jibe at WM, FR & my great mate MFKS.

boz-monaut
25-09-2015, 03:07 PM
and here I was about to let out that you weren't actually the real Zico

see kids, isn't it wonderful when we all play nice?

Stanley
25-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Can't help there, I'm retired
Didn't you retire once before

GO AWAY
25-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Anyone know why Magic didnt get the Newcastle Rugby League Grand Finals ? Wouldnt be hard to chuck some goal posts up, and they definitely could do with some extra cash ? :) GO THE SCORPS

Stanley
25-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Anyone know why Magic didnt get the Newcastle Rugby League Grand Finals ? Wouldnt be hard to chuck some goal posts up, and they definitely could do with some extra cash ? :) GO THE SCORPS
Apparently the toilets weren’t up to scratch

Speedymetric
25-09-2015, 05:23 PM
I can confirm that Warren Mills has just returned from a lightning trip to Milan Fashion Week where he was a special VIP & has returned with quite a collection of new season suits & ties just in time for the Awards galas. In further developments Warren has been short listed for the 2016 season of Dancing With The Stars & his management is currently in negotiations with Channel 7.

ForeverRed
25-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Didn't you retire once before
Yes, this time for real

ForeverRed
25-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Nnswf lost the hosting rights

mervan
25-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Yes, this time for real

Why, burnt out?

The NPL is a vicious circle, the most money wins

ForeverRed
25-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Yes and yes

seldom
26-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Any news on player movements ?

Football lover
26-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Heard Edgeworth and Magic have former A/League players poised to sign and the gunners will soon anounce a significant signing (any news on that FR)

Any ideas on who? I would bet it would be Mcbreen at Edgy tho.

Football lover
26-09-2015, 01:31 PM
I can confirm that Warren Mills has just returned from a lightning trip to Milan Fashion Week where he was a special VIP & has returned with quite a collection of new season suits & ties just in time for the Awards galas. In further developments Warren has been short listed for the 2016 season of Dancing With The Stars & his management is currently in negotiations with Channel 7.

**** people must be Jealous of millsy. 85% of people in this town are nobody's and are slagging a bloke cause of his attire the other week.

Zico
26-09-2015, 02:20 PM
**** people must be Jealous of millsy. 85% of people in this town are nobody's and are slagging a bloke cause of his attire the other week.
Be careful mentioning that name......Boz gets touchy when WM is mentioned :rof:

Speedymetric
26-09-2015, 06:13 PM

I'm not having a dig at Millsy, I'm an Edgey & Millsy fan. He has done more for Edgey & the game locally than most over a long period of time. I am just using a bit of humour to have a go at the blokes who are more worried about what he wears or that he was wearing a Jaffas scarf rather than what he puts back into the game.

hawk
26-09-2015, 07:06 PM
I'd speak to your lawyer before carrying out that threat. *not being a smart ass*

lol, plenty of ways around that. wouldnt push it

The Acolyte
27-09-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm with you Speedymetric. I wasn't slinging off at Warren Mills , I was slinging off at those that could find no better way to critisize him than to have a go about Edgeworths success and the fact that he takes pride in his appearance. I was slinging off at those that could not find a better excuse to critisize Millsy than being well dressed and Edgy's success . Some can't handle the success of rival clubs but that's what competition is about, I feel for the engraver that had to take Magic's name off the trophy , maybe he'll wait a bit longer next year. And to those that are obviously being nagged by their womenfolk to tidy themselves up , and the aforesaid naggers using Millsy as an example, that's easier to overcome. Just dress better. Then there's Tonester of [ WTF], who gets none of it . As this post didn't involve young Birdy his total lack of comprehension is understandable

mervan
27-09-2015, 06:01 PM
I'm with you Speedymetric. I wasn't slinging off at Warren Mills , I was slinging off at those that could find no better way to critisize him than to have a go about Edgeworths success and the fact that he takes pride in his appearance. I was slinging off at those that could not find a better excuse to critisize Millsy than being well dressed and Edgy's success . Some can't handle the success of rival clubs but that's what competition is about, I feel for the engraver that had to take Magic's name off the trophy , maybe he'll wait a bit longer next year. And to those that are obviously being nagged by their womenfolk to tidy themselves up , and the aforesaid naggers using Millsy as an example, that's easier to overcome. Just dress better. Then there's Tonester of [ WTF], who gets none of it . As this post didn't involve young Birdy his total lack of comprehension is understandable

I thought this was the player movement thread

The Acolyte
27-09-2015, 09:12 PM
I helped a player move his furniture on Saturday, does that count?

Goweston
28-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Dylan Murphy from California too weston! Go weston!

ForeverRed
28-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Good to see you he points system doing its job, not

Buds
28-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Hakan Canli - jaffas
Chris Berlin - Magic
Dan Johnson - Southy
Matt Darr - Southy

All to the buds

Its gunna be a good year for adamstown next year,
With these quality players and the squad from this year the green and red might just shake up the comp..

winner
28-09-2015, 11:53 AM
Hakan Canli - jaffas
Chris Berlin - Magic
Dan Johnson - Southy
Matt Darr - Southy

All to the buds

Its gunna be a good year for adamstown next year,
With these quality players and the squad from this year the green and red might just shake up the comp..
Wouldn't call them quality players. Chris, at 33? has probably seen his best days and i don't see him making much of an impact. Hakan hasn hardly started a game in the last 3 seasons at magic and jaffas and his low workrate won't see him get many starts under Law. Johnson is solid without being quality. Darr imo is the best out of the 4

Tonester
28-09-2015, 12:13 PM
Leave me out of this triviality I'm not interested in dealing with intellectual pygmies at this point in time.

prawnhead
28-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Leave me out of this triviality I'm not interested in dealing with intellectual pygmies at this point in time.

Has young Birdy decided on where he'll be at next year Tonester?

Tonester
28-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Has young Birdy decided on where he'll be at next year Tonester?
When I last saw him he hadn't made up his mind because he wasn't sure when he was going overseas. I reckon he'll either go to Olympic or play on the Central Coast with his brother at Terrigal. They don't pay but will look after his rego & ref's fees.I've got no idea.

Goweston
28-09-2015, 10:26 PM
Might as well wrap this thread up, weston have the best pick up of the off-season.

Tonester
29-09-2015, 06:06 AM
Might as well wrap this thread up, weston have the best pick up of the off-season.Enlighten us please

prawnhead
29-09-2015, 05:11 PM
When I last saw him he hadn't made up his mind because he wasn't sure when he was going overseas. I reckon he'll either go to Olympic or play on the Central Coast with his brother at Terrigal. They don't pay but will look after his rego & ref's fees.I've got no idea.

What's the level like in the top league down there mate? How does it compare to NBN or New FM up here?

terryk
30-09-2015, 06:59 AM

What is the significance of Magic being mentioned in these posts about WM, who for the record is a descent and committed local football volunteer.

Buds
30-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Wouldn't call them quality players. Chris, at 33? has probably seen his best days and i don't see him making much of an impact. Hakan hasn hardly started a game in the last 3 seasons at magic and jaffas and his low workrate won't see him get many starts under Law. Johnson is solid without being quality. Darr imo is the best out of the 4

well hopefully your proven wrong. they have a good track record and i would rather them in my team then not..

Zico
30-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Word is that Lakes are using a write your own cheque approach with players in order to get promoted. Some clubs never learn from their previous mistakes.

Dontknowmuch
30-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Who is there to buy and where would they play With 5 walker brothers and a keeper and I assume Sean Matthews there's only room for a select few at best.

winner
30-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Word is that Lakes are using a write your own cheque approach with players in order to get promoted. Some clubs never learn from their previous mistakes.

If zico is bagging lakes they must have tried to sign a magic player and offered them more than magic did

ForeverRed
30-09-2015, 10:31 PM
Sounds like most clubs in the NPL ,

Drunken ranger
30-09-2015, 11:32 PM
Sounds like most clubs in the NPL ,

Not southy thou

immersion
30-09-2015, 11:38 PM
Not southy thou

they are not in NPL :popcorn:

ForeverRed
01-10-2015, 06:04 AM
Not southy thou
What a dumb ****

Zico
01-10-2015, 10:24 AM
If zico is bagging lakes they must have tried to sign a magic player and offered them more than magic did
No not all but hearing the silly figures being thrown around makes you shake your head.

Dontknowmuch
01-10-2015, 12:19 PM
How much is a silly figure in NewFM, $400 per game or more.

immersion
01-10-2015, 12:31 PM
How much is a silly figure in NewFM, $400 per game or more.

for per game that would be high for the NLP. That's insane for NEW FM IMO

Dontknowmuch
01-10-2015, 12:38 PM
I don't know what silly means just asking. You will find that the better players in NewFM are getting paid the same or more likely higher than NPL players I have no idea who gets paid what just trying to find out what sort of money is getting thrown around it might be $250 a win, would be interesting. Lakes do have a record for paying massive money $400 or more would not surprise.

The Postman
01-10-2015, 01:38 PM
There were definitely players getting around $400 a game this year in NewFM.

chocolate soldier
01-10-2015, 01:40 PM
There were definitely players getting around $400 a game this year in NewFM.

thats disgusting

cobra23
01-10-2015, 02:07 PM
thats disgusting

coming from someone who represents a club that did it when they were in newfm and still throwing around ridiculous money in npl. :thumbsup:

stopper2
01-10-2015, 02:48 PM
^^^^
Shame more clubs in this region don't follow Edgey's example and put more faith in youth instead of throwing money at players who generally are on the back end of their careers. How are we going to develop young players in this region if we hold them back in 22's for 2,3 even 4 years (yes this is happening) instead of playing them in First Grade to make them better players for the future???

immersion
01-10-2015, 03:54 PM
^^^^
Shame more clubs in this region don't follow Edgey's example and put more faith in youth instead of throwing money at players who generally are on the back end of their careers. How are we going to develop young players in this region if we hold them back in 22's for 2,3 even 4 years (yes this is happening) instead of playing them in First Grade to make them better players for the future???

I dont think the NPL is an old comp by any means. Olympic are relatively youngish, edgy are young, jaffers are on the older side possibly, magic middles aged with a couple of older heads etc. I think the comp is at a good age, mostly around the middle aged.

At the end of the day the newcastle NPL is not a feeder ground for 18-22 years to crack it to the next level. If they are going to make it to the next they will almost be in the jets youth system or better. If a young player is 19 and not at a jet youth or better, than unfortunately they better start thinking of life after football. I'm talking strictly probability, sure there might be the odd player that slips through the cracks, but it won't happen often.

GO AWAY
01-10-2015, 04:08 PM
There is heaps of 16-20 yo in the comp that have slipped through the jets system, NPL and Newfm.

immersion
01-10-2015, 04:19 PM
There is heaps of 16-20 yo in the comp that have slipped through the jets system, NPL and Newfm.

I dont disagree. the selection of talent is opinion.

What i am getting it is, the players that slip through cracks rarely end up playing at the next level.

Jardelsimage
01-10-2015, 07:36 PM
^^^^

are you for real, Edgy for years used $$$$ for players, its only last year and this year that they went with a youth policy....

EH9
01-10-2015, 08:01 PM
are you for real, Edgy for years used $$$$ for players, its only last year and this year that they went with a youth policy....

They have spent plenty this year too, just happens to be on some younger blokes.

stopper2
01-10-2015, 08:04 PM
I dont think the NPL is an old comp by any means. Olympic are relatively youngish, edgy are young, jaffers are on the older side possibly, magic middles aged with a couple of older heads etc. I think the comp is at a good age, mostly around the middle aged.

At the end of the day the newcastle NPL is not a feeder ground for 18-22 years to crack it to the next level. If they are going to make it to the next they will almost be in the jets youth system or better. If a young player is 19 and not at a jet youth or better, than unfortunately they better start thinking of life after football. I'm talking strictly probability, sure there might be the odd player that slips through the cracks, but it won't happen often.

Missed the whole point mate, seems to be a trend of clubs throwing money at proven, experienced players at this level rather than taking a punt with a young player. What sort of a competition are we going to have in say 5 years time if our best 18,19 year olds are not blooded into 1st grade and are just left to stagnate in 22's year after year?

stopper2
01-10-2015, 08:22 PM

Not talking about what Edgy done in the past, talking about their success under Zane this season using youth. Likes of Bice and Pasquale have virtually come from playing 19's only last year and now getting regular game time in 1st grade at Edgy. Other clubs get players who have come through the Emerging Jets program but I know of a few who a couple years later are still playing 22's. People can say what they like but there are some NPL clubs which are just plain "lazy" when it comes to developing players and getting the best out of them so they can become 1st grade players....easier to just go and throw some money at a experienced "name" player at another club!

The Postman
01-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Thoughts on NewFM clubs chucking "decent" money at these 18, 19, 20 year olds stuck in NPL 22s to come play First Grade in NewFM?

stopper2
01-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Thoughts on NewFM clubs chucking "decent" money at these 18, 19, 20 year olds stuck in NPL 22s to come play First Grade in NewFM?

What have you heard?
Just last weekend a Dad whose son played mainly 19's, fringe 22's with a NPL club said a NEWFM club had offered his son $50 a game to come play with them.

Mitchy
01-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Good for a second income at there age to help with uni etc

ForeverRed
01-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Not talking about what Edgy done in the past, talking about their success under Zane this season using youth. Likes of Bice and Pasquale have virtually come from playing 19's only last year and now getting regular game time in 1st grade at Edgy. Other clubs get players who have come through the Emerging Jets program but I know of a few who a couple years later are still playing 22's. People can say what they like but there are some NPL clubs which are just plain "lazy" when it comes to developing players and getting the best out of them so they can become 1st grade players....easier to just go and throw some money at a experienced "name" player at another club!
Edgeworth never gave a shite about development until the NPL, they then employed Jim foley so all his followers would come to edgy, now claiming to be a club that develops is laughable I'm afraid,

mervan
01-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Edgeworth never gave a shite about development until the NPL, they then employed Jim foley so all his followers would come to edgy, now claiming to be a club that develops is laughable I'm afraid,

About time someone told the truth, the whole and nothing but the truth.

Zico
01-10-2015, 10:43 PM
I agree with you for a change

ForeverRed
01-10-2015, 10:47 PM
About time

Dontknowmuch
02-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Who do we all think the top 5 most valuable players are how much are they worth.

1. Remington - $800 per game
2. Goodchild - $600 per game
3. Matt Thompson - $600 per game
4. John Maj - $400 per game
6. Ireland GK - $400 per game

Just my opinion

Premy
02-10-2015, 10:36 AM
Who do we all think the top 5 most valuable players are how much are they worth.

Just my opinion

1. Bloke who has a few National team caps- $percentage of Sponsorship/Canteen and Gate revenue.
2. Bloke who once lived in Europe - $see above
3. Bloke who got cut from the NYL- $see above
4. Bloke that's too old for the A-League- $see above
5. Bloke who thinks his should be in the A-League- $see above
6. Bloke that just wants to play at the highest level his abilities allows him- $see above

Pay them however much your club can afford without dipping in to little John Smiths parents pockets, with the promise of "Elite" coaching for little John.

MFKS
02-10-2015, 10:59 AM
Pay them however much your club can afford without dipping in to little John Smiths parents pockets, with the promise of "Elite" coaching for little John.

Fair point

If a club though can raise thousands of $$ in money to pay players then some serious questions have to be asked then would that money be better spent into facilities/coaching/juniors etc rather than going into players pockets???

chocolate soldier
02-10-2015, 11:00 AM

Just my opinion

to be serious here, no one should really be on more than 500 a game max

GO AWAY
02-10-2015, 11:17 AM

Bring in a salary cap, good luck with policing it haha

The Baby Piglet
02-10-2015, 11:32 AM
Salary cap would never work, players would just get a few extra $50s in a white envelope after the match

ForeverRed
02-10-2015, 12:08 PM
The points system was set up to nullify this but after one year they changed it, the points system is now useless in its current form, instead of clubs signing 3 or 4 new players each year they would have had to delve into their own player list and promote players, this then gives at least 2 or 3 young players an opportunity, an opportunity which is now removed, why ?

The Magician
02-10-2015, 12:57 PM

Way off the mark...
Ireland is on $900
Maj $650
Palozzi $450
Wheelhouse $950 + his coaching clinics with Joel Griffiths soon to join jaffas and take a role in coaching his clinics.

Jaffas just offered Matty Paul of Adamstown $650 a game to transfer... there wouldnt be anyone at jaffas under $400 per week... do the math and think if its sustainable... but i do enjoy throwing my rubbish in their yellow painted paint tins when i visit Edden, much more of a challenge than Magic's plastic bins.

Blueboy
02-10-2015, 01:26 PM
What about McPherson? Doubt he is playing for peanuts

namwob99
02-10-2015, 02:06 PM
Is this money being spent in the right way considering we're 0-6 in the FFA cup and 0-2 in the NPL finals since they've started!?

GO AWAY
02-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Is this money being spent in the right way considering we're 0-6 in the FFA cup and 0-2 in the NPL finals since they've started!?

The players think so, but a very valid point

The Dunster
02-10-2015, 02:22 PM

Parents should realise that in any sport if the kids are good enough money will never be an issue because clubs will accept the most talented kids gratis.
Hence, if it's going to cost you truck loads of money your kids most likely not good enough.

This is one aspect where Rugby League has it all over football.

I

Premy
02-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Parents should realise that in any sport if the kids are good enough money will never be an issue because clubs will accept the most talented kids gratis.
Hence, if it's going to cost you truck loads of money your kids most likely not good enough.

This is one aspect where Rugby League has it all over football.

I

Well that went straight over your head.
But none the less I do agree with you.

The Dunster
02-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Well that went straight over your head.
But none the less I do agree with you.

Elite programs for juniors in any sport more often than not funds wage claims for the senior teams - that otherwise would not be financially supported by their own revenues and sponsorship.

The wages of players in the senior team are a function of the gullibility of parents with juniors in Elite programs.

I'd like to think it's not the case - But it probably is close enough to the mark.

With respect to the players as long as they don't lose sleep over extorting juniors I don't see a problem with it.

terryk
02-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Way off the mark...
Ireland is on $900
Maj $650
Palozzi $450
Wheelhouse $950 + his coaching clinics with Joel Griffiths soon to join jaffas and take a role in coaching his clinics.

Jaffas just offered Matty Paul of Adamstown $650 a game to transfer... there wouldnt be anyone at jaffas under $400 per week... do the math and think if its sustainable... but i do enjoy throwing my rubbish in their yellow painted paint tins when i visit Edden, much more of a challenge than Magic's plastic bins.

That's over 50k for four players. With another 10 in the team sounds like this is a hefty wage bill. I'm wondering if the kids at Jaffas NPL Youth are getting value for money as it seems they will never get the opportunity to play for their 1st team. Of course what Jaffas are doing is totally within the local rules so there is no reason to criticise them for it. The question is again is it sustainable and are their youth teams being looked after or being used as a cash cow. I suppose and ethical question.

Premy
02-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Elite programs for juniors in any sport more often than not funds wage claims for the senior teams - that otherwise would not be financially supported by their own revenues and sponsorship.

The wages of players in the senior team are a function of the gullibility of parents with juniors in Elite programs.

I'd like to think it's not the case - But it probably is close enough to the mark.

With respect to the players as long as they don't lose sleep over extorting juniors I don't see a problem with it.

Oh believe me it's common practice amongst some NPL, NewFM and ZPL clubs and it's a absolute disgrace.

Thomas477
02-10-2015, 09:26 PM
That's over 50k for four players. With another 10 in the team sounds like this is a hefty wage bill. I'm wondering if the kids at Jaffas NPL Youth are getting value for money as it seems they will never get the opportunity to play for their 1st team. Of course what Jaffas are doing is totally within the local rules so there is no reason to criticise them for it. The question is again is it sustainable and are their youth teams being looked after or being used as a cash cow. I suppose and ethical question.

Assuming, of course, the numbers being bandied about are correct. Jaffas also have a fair number of sponsors, so who know how much they're raking in from sponsorships?

Football lover
02-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Way off the mark...
Ireland is on $900
Maj $650
Palozzi $450

Joel Griffiths is going to play at Jaffas? Wonder what Leo bertos is going to be pair at olympic?

The Postman
03-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Joel Griffiths is going to play at Jaffas? Wonder what Leo bertos is going to be pair at olympic?

Thought the Griff was signed, sealed and delivered to Cooks Hill? I've also heard rumblings of another former HAL player running around next season at a surprising NewFM club.

Bremsstrahlung
03-10-2015, 01:16 AM
Perhaps a former jets strength and conditioning coach doing some recruiting?

stopper2
03-10-2015, 01:49 PM

**** there are some stubborn dumb arses on this Forum, I'm not commenting on Edgy's track record in the past for developing players, I'm refering to NOW, under Zane, he placed his faith in young guys this season and it paid off. Just saying it would be better for the game long term if clubs followed his example.

Think I'll just copy and paste the above again if some other imbecile repeats the same old shit again about "Edgeworth never gave a shite about development..."

stopper2
03-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Fair point

If a club though can raise thousands of $$ in money to pay players then some serious questions have to be asked then would that money be better spent into facilities/coaching/juniors etc rather than going into players pockets???

I'm with you mate, so many clubs now have a short term plan, you invest in your facilities/coaching/juniors you have a stron club for the long term.

immersion
03-10-2015, 03:30 PM
**** there are some stubborn dumb arses on this Forum, I'm not commenting on Edgy's track record in the past for developing players, I'm refering to NOW, under Zane, he placed his faith in young guys this season and it paid off. Just saying it would be better for the game long term if clubs followed his example.

Think I'll just copy and paste the above again if some other imbecile repeats the same old shit again about "Edgeworth never gave a shite about development..."

The youth focus at Edgy is not Zane rather the club prior to Zane under Wilson. Wilson pretty much brought all the young talent that is currently at the club, he developed them over the last 2 years or so. Now that they have matured, zane is getting all the credit. But, unfortunately for Zane he doesn't quite deserve it all.

Football lover
03-10-2015, 06:03 PM
The youth focus at Edgy is not Zane rather the club prior to Zane under Wilson. Wilson pretty much brought all the young talent that is currently at the club, he developed them over the last 2 years or so. Now that they have matured, zane is getting all the credit. But, unfortunately for Zane he doesn't quite deserve it all.

That is the dumbest comment I've ever seen. Zany was making calls you wouldn't normally let's look at Pritchy for example? Played 100 plus 1st grade games for edgy and Azzuri . Yet how many games did he start this season? He played guys like Pasquale Moore next to Luke walker almost all yr. Cameron Hughes another with a lot of experience yet played guys like Brice ahead of him. The football edgy played this yr was sparkling and for that zany deserves all the credit. Jog on fools. If they grab a out and out striker they will win it again next yr.

winner
03-10-2015, 06:54 PM
That is the dumbest comment I've ever seen. Zany was making calls you wouldn't normally let's look at Pritchy for example? Played 100 plus 1st grade games for edgy and Azzuri . Yet how many games did he start this season? He played guys like Pasquale Moore next to Luke walker almost all yr. Cameron Hughes another with a lot of experience yet played guys like Brice ahead of him. The football edgy played this yr was sparkling and for that zany deserves all the credit. Jog on fools. If they grab a out and out striker they will win it again next yr.
I agree, zaney made some big calls this year. Especially after losing 2 of the first 3 games. You can also throw Justin Tannock in there as a player zaney didn't use much this year. While Wilson and Foley did well bringing the youth through it was zaney who took the gamble and played them ahead of established 1st graders. I think his bigger test will be next year. There was a lot said about his players buying into his rotation policy, yet they have so far lost pritchard, hughes and olzehmer. Obviously not all happy with limited game time.

stopper2
04-10-2015, 01:15 PM
I agree, zaney made some big calls this year. Especially after losing 2 of the first 3 games. You can also throw Justin Tannock in there as a player zaney didn't use much this year. While Wilson and Foley did well bringing the youth through it was zaney who took the gamble and played them ahead of established 1st graders. I think his bigger test will be next year. There was a lot said about his players buying into his rotation policy, yet they have so far lost pritchard, hughes and olzehmer. Obviously not all happy with limited game time.

Thanks mate, that's the point I've been trying to make. It was a gamble by Zane to put his faith in untried youth and it paid off.
I'm not affiliated with Edgy in any shape or form but I will give someone accolades if they deserve it and Zane deserves it. Meanwhile like I said before other clubs have become lazy and would prefer to try their luck on the player merry-go-round by throwing money at an experienced player.
The thing is though nothing is guaranteed, everything fell into place nicely for Zane this season, next year he might not be as fortunate.
At least he has unearthed some good young players for the future for NNSW football, how many players have other clubs unearthed? 1 maybe 2?

Tonester
06-10-2015, 12:30 PM
Where have these guys gone, any idea.

magician
06-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Where have these guys gone, any idea.

Pritchard to Dudley
Hughes to CCB
Olzemer to valo

ForeverRed
06-10-2015, 04:28 PM
I thought huhges went to wallsend

mervan
06-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Pritchard to Dudley
Hughes to CCB
Olzemer to valo

Some of these guys must have a vast array of warm up gear

magician
07-10-2015, 11:53 AM
I thought huhges went to wallsend

I've heard from a few people he has signed at CCB. But who knows

winner
07-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Heard today Michael Kanta from jets to lambton jaffas

Fairgo
07-10-2015, 10:18 PM

"The youngest brother of Jets midfielder Ben Kantarovski joins Beau McDonald, who has joined Lambton Jaffas, as local players cut from the youth squad before the eight-game National Youth League."

I think you will find Michael has joined Beau as ones being cut from Youth but only Beau is going to Jaffas.

mervan
07-10-2015, 11:29 PM
"The youngest brother of Jets midfielder Ben Kantarovski joins Beau McDonald, who has joined Lambton Jaffas, as local players cut from the youth squad before the eight-game National Youth League."

I think you will find Michael has joined Beau as ones being cut from Youth but only Beau is going to Jaffas.

Looks like the youth league is done and dusted, return all the players to NPL clubs, let the coaches go back to there day jobs(if they have one or if they are employable), let the emerging jets extract themselves from a good competition and long live the a twelve team nnsw first division. Jaffas, magic, valo, Weston, rosebuds, azzuri, edgy, maitland, lakes, Olympic, wallsend, Toronto, belswans, cessnock, westy, etc.

The Postman
08-10-2015, 01:03 AM
If the Jets were somehow not in the NPL in 2017, the solution is simple - No relegation and promote the winner of NewFM 2016, for arguments sake its Lakes, then suddenly we have 2 even 10 team leagues.

Adamstown
Broadmeadow
Charlestown
Edgeworth
Hamilton
Lakes
Lambton
Maitland
Valentine
Weston

Belswans
Cessnock
Cooks Hill
Kahibah
Singleton
South Cardiff
Thornton
Toronto
Wallsend
West Wallsend

Buds
08-10-2015, 09:39 AM

Surley Micheal Kanta will play at magic..
although there 10 mids will turn into 11 and if james virgilli goes there as well that will make 12

mervan
08-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Surley Micheal Kanta will play at magic..
although there 10 mids will turn into 11 and if james virgilli goes there as well that will make 12

Where is virgilli

MFKS
09-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Looks like the youth league is done and dusted, return all the players to NPL clubs, let the coaches go back to there day jobs(if they have one or if they are employable), let the emerging jets extract themselves from a good competition and long live the a twelve team nnsw first division. Jaffas, magic, valo, Weston, rosebuds, azzuri, edgy, maitland, lakes, Olympic, wallsend, Toronto, belswans, cessnock, westy, etc.

Why is the Folding of the EJ program being discussed??

The NYL has been scaled back as the HAL clubs have had a hissy fit about the costs. All Aussie HAL sides as of next season will have junior teams in their local NPL comp.

That will be where they do their junior development. It will not be a year round thing like it has been for the past few years with the NBN League and then onto the NYL and back to the NBN etc

Make no mistake the Jets Yoof will continue playing in the NPL

The bigger question is whether they stay in NNSW or **** off to the Sydney comp to do it

Buds
09-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Where is virgilli

i Have heard two rumours about him, 1 - he has signed in sydney , 2 - he is at uni and is playing local.

hawk
09-10-2015, 09:42 PM

Another nbn hero dissing on jets youth, no need for it

its been great seeing jets youth carve up the comp in general play. when it comes to the hard stuff they fall a bit

mervan
09-10-2015, 11:20 PM

its been great seeing jets youth carve up the comp in general play. when it comes to the hard stuff they fall a bit

i cant spell

winner
10-10-2015, 12:49 AM

Any team who carves up the comp in general play doesn't get embarrassed 7-0. In the 2 years of the npl has any other side conceded 7 goals in a match

EH9
10-10-2015, 06:21 AM
Any team who carves up the comp in general play doesn't get embarrassed 7-0. In the 2 years of the npl has any other side conceded 7 goals in a match

Charlestown, April 2014 v's Edgeworth.

mervan
10-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Charlestown, April 2014 v's Edgeworth.

Our NPL is just jobs for the boys, the back up keeper tonight for central coast couldn't even get a game in the NPL first grade, work that one out.

Drunken ranger
10-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Our NPL is just jobs for the boys, the back up keeper tonight for central coast couldn't even get a game in the NPL first grade, work that one out.

Who was he ???

EH9
11-10-2015, 12:13 AM

You seen him play?

Goweston
11-10-2015, 12:42 AM
Nathan Morris wins the Weston player of the year!

Go Weston!

hawk
11-10-2015, 08:09 PM

lambton 8-0 weston aug 3rd 14 short memory clown

Your kidding forum hero

listen to this oxygen thief. cant handle the truth.

you can have a break if theres any more trash chest beater. but why wait

thread closed for the night if talk goes outside of player movements

Pier67
11-10-2015, 08:42 PM

thread closed if talk goes outside of player movements

Don't disagree with the hawk, or you will get banned

winner
11-10-2015, 08:57 PM

thread closed if talk goes outside of player movements
How am i a clown for asking if anyone else had conceded 7 goals? And you're a mod?

hawk
11-10-2015, 09:06 PM
How am i a clown for asking if anyone else had conceded 7 goals? And you're a mod?

ffs reread the convo.

Try again...Player Movements thanks

Football lover
14-10-2015, 12:28 PM
ffs reread the convo.

Try again...Player Movements thanks

So what have we got so far? Who has signed for who?

tucker's daughter
14-10-2015, 06:03 PM

Daniel Mcbreen to Edgeworth

Football lover
15-10-2015, 11:36 AM

Herd from somebody that Maitland have signed Nick Cowburn and the keeper who played at Mariners a few yrs back? Is it matt nott. Joel Griffiths? I've Herd Jaffas but also now hearing pies? Will be interesting.

MFKS
15-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Daniel Mcbreen to Edgeworth

Is he working for the Gypos at present???

I thought I saw what I thought was him on TV at the Gypos game V Perth last week and he was doing some work pre game with the side during warm up.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
15-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Is he working for the Gypos at present???

I thought I saw what I thought was him on TV at the Gypos game V Perth last week and he was doing some work pre game with the side during warm up.

He is coaching emerging jets u/15's.

The Baby Piglet
15-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Heard that both Thornton's will be at Maitland next yr. Also isn't Nick Cowburn their cousin ??

GO AWAY
15-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Heard that both Thornton's will be at Maitland next yr. Also isn't Nick Cowburn their cousin ??

They are related, not sure how

Football lover
15-10-2015, 02:39 PM

Yep herd that bout both carl and liam.

Not sure I think they are if not close friends. Maitland building nice side if they get these blokes.

winner
15-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Yep herd that bout both carl and liam.

Not sure I think they are if not close friends. Maitland building nice side if they get these blokes.
Carl will be at weston. Only needs 5 or 6 games to bring up 200 first grade games for the club

The Postman
15-10-2015, 06:34 PM

Just the younger Thornton

Football life
15-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Just the younger Thornton

Yep just Liam. Carl to stay at Weston

Goweston
15-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Remember whose in charge at Maitland before you let these rumors of all the players from weston heading there get out of hand

Ker-Plunk
15-10-2015, 11:02 PM
man in charge at maitland will face the same issues he had at Weston when he ruffles the feathers of some hometown heroes .

seldom
16-10-2015, 11:52 AM
He'll get results tho

ranger
16-10-2015, 01:39 PM
there wouldn't be too many hometown heroes left at maitland would there? there probably wouldnt be many guys left that were from the team that got them back into npl from newfm?

EH9
16-10-2015, 06:55 PM
there wouldn't be too many hometown heroes left at maitland would there? there probably wouldnt be many guys left that were from the team that got them back into npl from newfm?

Kelly, the 3 Broadley's, Thompson, Maguire, Woods, Martin. Not too bad

Goweston
16-10-2015, 07:02 PM
More than Lambton thats for sure!

ForeverRed
16-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Kelly, the 3 Broadley's, Thompson, Maguire, Woods, Martin. Not too bad

Heaps more then Weston

Imyourhero
16-10-2015, 07:18 PM
If Maitland are to stay up again this year they will need to add a few players, can we really blame them?

Goweston
16-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Heaps more then Weston
No one at Weston remembers what playing in the second tier is like, 51 years is a long time!

mervan
16-10-2015, 11:23 PM
No one at Weston remembers what playing in the second tier is like, 51 years is a long time!

Yeah, strange call FR

Speedymetric
19-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Surely if McBreen has signed with Edgey they will be very short odds to go back to back. All they really lacked this year was an out and out goal scorer and with McBreen they now have one.

big jim
19-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Surely if McBreen has signed with Edgey they will be very short odds to go back to back. All they really lacked this year was an out and out goal scorer and with McBreen they now have one.

Mate page 44 of today's herald
And has been in senior squad on edgy's web site for a few days now

winner
19-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Sportbet Odds
Edgeworth 5/4
Broadmeadow 3/1
Lambton 5/1
Hamilton 7/1
Maitland 10/1
Weston 15/1
Adamstown 20/1
Jets 33/1
Charlestown 50/1
Valentine 100/1

Agreed speedy. Edgeworth were the best side in the comp this year without a recognised goal scorer. I believe Hammel was their leading scorer with 8 goals. They will only improve with Mcbreen. The next 3, Broadmeadow, Lambton and Hamilton will all pressure them at different stages of the season but i can't see Edgeworth losing it. Maitland may surprise a few with their odds at 10/1 but with the best coach in the league in Steve Piggott at the helm i expect big things from them in 2016

hamburgler
19-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Sportbet Odds
Edgeworth 5/4
Broadmeadow 3/1
Lambton 5/1
Hamilton 7/1
Maitland 10/1
Weston 15/1
Adamstown 20/1
Jets 33/1
Charlestown 50/1
Valentine 100/1

Agreed speedy. Edgeworth were the best side in the comp this year without a recognised goal scorer. I believe Hammel was their leading scorer with 8 goals. They will only improve with Mcbreen. The next 3, Broadmeadow, Lambton and Hamilton will all pressure them at different stages of the season but i can't see Edgeworth losing it. Maitland may surprise a few with their odds at 10/1 but with the best coach in the league in Steve Piggott at the helm i expect big things from them in 2016

Agree Edgie deserve to be favourites, but 5/4 is short. Piggott will improve Maitland but will need to for them to finish that high!

MFKS
19-10-2015, 06:29 PM
That means **** all.

What happened this season is over and done with.

Edgy got the biscuits this season and fair play to them

Next season is a whole new competition and when injuries suspensions bad refereeing calls bad luck players off form happen anything is possible.

FFS Look at how shit EPL Champions Chelsea have started the season. Probably lost the title already

Edgy are no sure thing and what will matter is who is winning the games come finals time next NPL season and not what is expected in October before they have even started pre season FFS

Goweston
19-10-2015, 07:45 PM
But could Chelsea do it on a cold windy Sunday afternoon at Rockwell automation Park? Probably not.

Thats the difference between us and them.

Imyourhero
19-10-2015, 07:49 PM
From how todays herald article on McBreen read, it sounded as if his playing will be on/off throughout the season.

Speedymetric
19-10-2015, 10:14 PM
That means **** all.

What happened this season is over and done with.

Edgy got the biscuits this season and fair play to them

Next season is a whole new competition and when injuries suspensions bad refereeing calls bad luck players off form happen anything is possible.

FFS Look at how shit EPL Champions Chelsea have started the season. Probably lost the title already

Edgy are no sure thing and what will matter is who is winning the games come finals time next NPL season and not what is expected in October before they have even started pre season FFS

Ha, ha, ha nice one. Maybe you've forgotten this quote from yourself back in May:

"End of day it is GF.

Magic will be thereabouts.

I fully expect them to win the comp and am happy to call it now.

Just a matter of whether they are not exposed on any given day in the finals as one slip up is fatal.

Fix their defence and NNSW may as well just give them the trophy now"

You're prepared to hand out trophies in MAY but you have a shot at me.

I'll type this slowly so you can keep up. Re-read my post, I never said Edgey would win. I said they would be "very short odds" if they signed a decent goal scorer. They have done just that and the Bookies agree exactly with what I have said. Not sure about you but I haven't seen too many poor Bookmakers so I'm happy to suggest I'm pretty close to the mark and just in case you can't count as well as being illiterate I can assure you 5/4 is very short odds and I would suggest massive unders for this time of the off season.

Goatscheese
20-10-2015, 12:18 AM
Yeah, strange call FR

Pretty sure that was the joke.

The Postman
22-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Hearing Griffo to Maitland on massive money.

winner
22-10-2015, 10:33 AM
Will be good cover for Ryan Clarke when he gets suspended for 12 months

Zico
22-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Quick way to go broke and be relegated again. Huge gamble after having a knee reco at his age.

Newy
22-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Some of the rumors on here are laughable...
Maitland have never spoken to Joel Griffiths... people just make crap up...
however stay tuned for a couple of signings...
you lose all credibility when you come out with these wild rumors....

Maitland isn't a club built with money... of course a couple of the guys get paid decent per game. but the majority have been on next to nothing especially since they get paid only for win or draw and last years results weren't great...

The Postman
22-10-2015, 02:42 PM
Sources from 2 clubs isn't wild

Newy
22-10-2015, 02:59 PM
get better sources.

ForeverRed
22-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Some of the rumors on here are laughable...
Maitland have never spoken to Joel Griffiths... people just make crap up...
however stay tuned for a couple of signings...
you lose all credibility when you come out with these wild rumors....

Maitland isn't a club built with money... of course a couple of the guys get paid decent per game. but the majority have been on next to nothing especially since they get paid only for win or draw and last years results weren't great...
50k between 5 players is good coin

Zico
22-10-2015, 04:43 PM
50k between 5 players is good coin
Lakes wouldn't be far behind in your comp

ForeverRed
22-10-2015, 05:19 PM
I've given football away, just a spectator these days, I've heard their breaking the bank though, good luck to them, sounds like they haven't learnt any lessons

Bremsstrahlung
22-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Brad Carlin of Macquarie referees now coordinator of Premier Competitions referees.
Should hopefully raise the bar a little bit.

EH9
22-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Lakes wouldn't be far behind in your comp

Who have they got in on big money?

winner
22-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Who have they got in on big money?

Walker brothers and mathews would be on minimum $300 a game, so there is $20,000 for those 3. Add in Joe Holt, Jason Donnelly, Matt Grey, Owen Kemp, Corey Fletcher and Steve Rospigliosi and i am sure the budget will be pushing $50,000 to try and win promotion

Thomas477
22-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Brad Carlin of Macquarie referees now coordinator of Premier Competitions referees.
Should hopefully raise the bar a little bit.

If his work with Macquarie refs is anything to go by, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Bremsstrahlung
22-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Care to elaborate?
Having worked with him for a few years at macquarie, I think he would be great to have around the mix. Really good guy and guides younger referees well from what I've seen/experienced.

Ker-Plunk
22-10-2015, 09:22 PM
lakes spent much more than this to gain promotion last time .

NewyTy
22-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Was asked by someone involved with the club to shoot down the Joel G to Maitland rumours but looks like I was beaten to the chase. They haven't spoken at all to him. Whether it's known yet or not, the club person told me I could confirm that Liam Thornton, Brock Oakley and Nic Russel are all playing for Maitland in 2016. They're close to signing a goalkeeper and centre back as well.

Zico
22-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Walker brothers and mathews would be on minimum $300 a game, so there is $20,000 for those 3. Add in Joe Holt, Jason Donnelly, Matt Grey, Owen Kemp, Corey Fletcher and Steve Rospigliosi and i am sure the budget will be pushing $50,000 to try and win promotion
Ive heard $500 per week plus bonus for Sam Walker.

Imyourhero
22-10-2015, 10:17 PM
Is a new goalkeeper really a necessity for them?

The Postman
23-10-2015, 09:58 AM
NOT A RUMOR - Michael Baillie to Thornton :sigh:

Imyourhero
23-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Where'd he play last year?

Football lover
23-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Where'd he play last year?

Toronto

So looking as tho lakes and Prob Wallsend be the 2 favourites wouldn't they? What about down the lower end of the scale has anybody herd anything about westy and clubs like that?

LongSufferingFan
23-10-2015, 03:10 PM

Most NPL CLubs would be spending double that - I have heard Valentine have a six figure budget.

Atown
23-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Not all NPL clubs spending big.

EH9
23-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Ive heard $500 per week plus bonus for Sam Walker.

He is not making that kind of money.

seldom
23-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Most NPL CLubs would be spending double that - I have heard Valentine have a six figure budget.

Must be from the beer sales :gent:

Ker-Plunk
23-10-2015, 09:21 PM
:lulzturtle:
Must be from the beer sales :gent:

amishpanda
24-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Just quietly, saw three members of the Wallsend FC board, a very prominent South Cardiff player and Scott Miller at the three monkeys in town this morning. Could be some big news about to break?!
😮

Football life
24-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Newcastle football has changed so much in the past few years.. For better or worse I'm not too sure. Lakes have well and truly bought the comp in newfm for next year and the likes of Wallsend will try and do the same. It's a shame really, If only there were more clubs trying to produce young talent and give them the opportunities to step up rather then paying old players stupid money for one or two years of short term success. Lets hope Wallsend don't go down Lakes path.

Newcastle football is all about the $$$ I personally think that's a shame.

hawk
24-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Newcastle football has changed so much in the past few years.. For better or worse I'm not too sure. Lakes have well and truly bought the comp in newfm for next year and the likes of Wallsend will try and do the same. It's a shame really, If only there were more clubs trying to produce young talent and give them the opportunities to step up rather then paying old players stupid money for one or two years of short term success. Lets hope Wallsend don't go down Lakes path.

do you think this is only starting to happen?

Football life
24-10-2015, 01:28 PM
do you think this is only starting to happen?

No not at all. I'm just noticing it more and more though

EH9
24-10-2015, 01:31 PM
No not at all. I'm just noticing it more and more though

Sadly there is a correlation between $$$ spent and performance. The last few years the team with the smallest budget has been relegated from NBN. The team with the most $$$ have generally been promoted.

Premy
24-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Just quietly, saw three members of the Wallsend FC board, a very prominent South Cardiff player and Scott Miller at the three monkeys in town this morning. Could be some big news about to break?!
��
What's the inside Scoop Amish?

winner
24-10-2015, 05:37 PM
😮

I didn't think South Cardiff had any prominent players left

ForeverRed
24-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Same

dan
24-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Gotta love a good Amish scoop! I've been missing them so far this offseason.

NearlyALegend
24-10-2015, 07:16 PM
Wallsend Fc members meeting with Scott Miller seems a bit unlikely

Zico
24-10-2015, 08:16 PM

I actually take my hat off to MFKS for his opinion on this topic, to many clubs are throwing wasted money at players who are honestly mercenaries. I can see the model the local league use in no promotion or relegation being the best move forward. Clubs can then spend the money on developing the facilities & coaches which will in turn develop then junior base (better quality future players) and promote loyalties to the club in later years which flows on to bigger club support & club workers (committee members).
Still have the criteria applications (needs fixing) to allow club to apply to be promoted and lagging clubs be relegated but spending huge money on hasbeens or wannabe's unsustainable and the fault of the federation. Its even sillier when you can spend $100k on players, win the comp by 12 points then not be promoted due to the Jets coming last therefore no relegation!

winner
24-10-2015, 08:50 PM
I actually take my hat off to MFKS for his opinion on this topic, to many clubs are throwing wasted money at players who are honestly mercenaries. I can see the model the local league use in no promotion or relegation being the best move forward. Clubs can then spend the money on developing the facilities & coaches which will in turn develop then junior base (better quality future players) and promote loyalties to the club in later years which flows on to bigger club support & club workers (committee members).
Still have the criteria applications (needs fixing) to allow club to apply to be promoted and lagging clubs be relegated but spending huge money on hasbeens or wannabe's unsustainable and the fault of the federation. Its even sillier when you can spend $100k on players, win the comp by 12 points then not be promoted due to the Jets coming last therefore no relegation!
The fed were on the right track 2 years ago when they introduced the points system which in essence would have forced clubs to develop and promote youth instead of spending 100k and buying 4- 6 new players every year like jaffas magic and olympic do every year. But for some unknown reason (probably due to the big clubs complaints) this years points system was so watered down that clubs could go open slather and sign how many they wanted again. Typical nnsw.
Before the whinging from jaffas magic and olympic about them buying 4-6 players this year
Magic; Archie, Faj, Bradbury, Barber
Jaffas; Swancott, Brown, Canli, Byrnes
Olympic; Ireland, Goodchild, Mooney,Byrnes

namwob99
24-10-2015, 11:29 PM
The fed were on the right track 2 years ago when they introduced the points system which in essence would have forced clubs to develop and promote youth instead of spending 100k and buying 4- 6 new players every year like jaffas magic and olympic do every year. But for some unknown reason (probably due to the big clubs complaints) this years points system was so watered down that clubs could go open slather and sign how many they wanted again. Typical nnsw.
Before the whinging from jaffas magic and olympic about them buying 4-6 players this year
Spot on. Pretty much back to where it was.

ForeverRed
25-10-2015, 08:53 AM
The points Sydtem had nothing to do with nnswf, it was implemented and changed by FFA,

Zico
25-10-2015, 10:57 AM
I don't think the points system is very good at all and to an extent can limit youth pathways through to the top grade. Stop promotion and relegation and go to the re-apply model every 3-5 years and watch the development of youth go to never seen before levels.

If a club know they are safe they will spend the money once used to survive on coach development, equipment & facilities. No club can afford to budget on a lean season to get their club back on good financial terms in this format, it's simply to risky to do so.

The Red Devil
25-10-2015, 12:48 PM

It's not always about $$. Wallsend FC won the comp on next to no budget last year. The players that came to the club like Gazzard, Hodgson, Wheeler, Cook, Dan Rufo offered to play for nothing as they are long term friends with Head Coach Josh Rufo. Mateship is still well and truly alive in Newcastle Football and the new players Wallsend have signed this year came for this very reason. Cam Hughes and the Kepo brothers have all played with current Wallsend players in the past and want to be part of the great culture and aspiration the club is establishing. There are ways to win trophies without $. You would fall off your chair if you new how little wallsend spent to lift it this year.

winner
25-10-2015, 01:34 PM
It's not always about $$. Wallsend FC won the comp on next to no budget last year. The players that came to the club like Gazzard, Hodgson, Wheeler, Cook, Dan Rufo offered to play for nothing as they are long term friends with Head Coach Josh Rufo. Mateship is still well and truly alive in Newcastle Football and the new players Wallsend have signed this year came for this very reason. Cam Hughes and the Kepo brothers have all played with current Wallsend players in the past and want to be part of the great culture and aspiration the club is establishing. There are ways to win trophies without $. You would fall off your chair if you new how little wallsend spent to lift it this year.

If you want any credibility on the forum red devil you really can't expect people to believe the likes of Hodgson and Gazzard are playing for free. It is not in their dna and never will be. Not having a go at Wallsend because there is nothing wrong with paying players, just don't lie about it. Knowing both of them well and have played with both of them years ago, i know for a fact , straight from the horses mouth that they were both on good coin this year

Brandon166
25-10-2015, 02:14 PM

Barber was already at Magic and mooney was already at Olympic from previous year so you can scratch them two out

NearlyALegend
25-10-2015, 02:49 PM
I dont know anything about cam hughes and the kepo brothers. Will they improve this wallsend team?

The Red Devil
25-10-2015, 03:29 PM
If you want any credibility on the forum red devil you really can't expect people to believe the likes of Hodgson and Gazzard are playing for free. It is not in their dna and never will be. Not having a go at Wallsend because there is nothing wrong with paying players, just don't lie about it. Knowing both of them well and have played with both of them years ago, i know for a fact , straight from the horses mouth that they were both on good coin this year

Believe it or not, that's the truth! Both gave up good money in NPL to help a mate start his coaching career. In contrast to popular belief on this forum, it's not always about $ and players are not always focussed on bleeding clubs dry. Both are on the committee and want to help a famous old club get back to the top of NNSW, a far greater reward then some pocket money.

The Red Devil
25-10-2015, 03:37 PM
I dont know anything about cam hughes and the kepo brothers. Will they improve this wallsend team?

Yes, the club is very pleased to have them. Hughes was at Edgeworth last year but cannot commit to NPL next year because of work. The kepreotes brothers are from Olympic, both talented young players that will be excellent in NewFM.

winner
25-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Believe it or not, that's the truth! Both gave up good money in NPL to help a mate start his coaching career. In contrast to popular belief on this forum, it's not always about $ and players are not always focussed on bleeding clubs dry. Both are on the committee and want to help a famous old club get back to the top of NNSW, a far greater reward then some pocket money.

Wow. That is great for the club then. Are you saying that Gazzard and hodgo are both on the committee at Wallsend?

The Red Devil
25-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Wow. That is great for the club then. Are you saying that Gazzard and hodgo are both on the committee at Wallsend?

Yes, Gazzard does brand & marketing for the club and Hodgson is helping with sponsorships this year. Club is trying to build towards NPL and a lot of people old and new are behind that vision, it would be great to see another foundation club in the top div!

NearlyALegend
25-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Amish never got back to us about the WFC rumour with scott miller. Anyone else got any gossip about it

Football life
25-10-2015, 07:15 PM
It's pretty obvious it was just a rumour.

NearlyALegend
25-10-2015, 08:45 PM
So what are lakes looking like this year?

The Magician
25-10-2015, 09:13 PM

Barber come from our U17's, get your facts right... thus Magic only brought in 3 as directed by our points allocation of its first inception... then they stuffed it and watered it right down.

front2
25-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Have heard some weird shiit coming out of Cooks Hill. Ex Jets player Milton Rodrigguez is on some kind of visa and looking to play for a local club for at least a couple of seasons. He apparently has contacted the club.

Premy
26-10-2015, 12:55 AM
I don't think the points system is very good at all and to an extent can limit youth pathways through to the top grade. Stop promotion and relegation and go to the re-apply model every 3-5 years and watch the development of youth go to never seen before levels.

If a club know they are safe they will spend the money once used to survive on coach development, equipment & facilities. No club can afford to budget on a lean season to get their club back on good financial terms in this format, it's simply to risky to do so.

"To risky to do so"
All this talk about stopping relegation. For heavens sake there is already a relegation floor you can not get relegated any further then NewFM, holy crap we dropped one level how will we ever get back up pfft.

Premy
26-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Have heard some weird shiit coming out of Cooks Hill. Ex Jets player Milton Rodrigguez is on some kind of visa and looking to play for a local club for at least a couple of seasons. He apparently has contacted the club.

What???

How old is Milton now?? 40??

The Postman
26-10-2015, 07:33 AM
What???

How old is Milton now?? 40??

Would certainly bring their average up a fair bit, looks to be quite a young team.

(From their website)

Kaia Roth
Jack Wilson
Jackson Pett
Stuart Thompson
Bowen Bagnall
Thomas Sparre
Milan Lettau
Tim Mason
Payton Tagaroulias
James Roman
Josh Fellowes
Sam Hawke
Giles Boyd
Matt Williams
Ryan Bartlett
Emerson Augey
Luke Alexander
Jacob Conway
Tyran Cousins
Cameron Shephard
Asher Beasley
Steve Koulis
Oliver Hendricks
Hayden Botham
Zac Lewis
Bradley Preist

Feel like more clubs should do stuff like this, makes it seem more professional.

ForeverRed
26-10-2015, 09:03 AM
😮
I found out what happened here, funny as

Bon
26-10-2015, 10:04 AM

Paging RetroJet..
He is the man in the know at old "fire in the hole" Cookers..

hawk
26-10-2015, 10:17 AM
pretty sure front2 would know whats doing there the old dog :) dont be surprised

EH9
26-10-2015, 11:40 AM
I found out what happened here, funny as

You going to share?

GO AWAY
26-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Should be more loyal players like Scotty Smith, been offered " more coin " every season, and chooses to stay at the one club, rather have him anyday then these club hopping blokes, whether it be for money or trophy hunting, give me his "loyalty ' any day.

ForeverRed
26-10-2015, 12:59 PM
He gets to play with out training, why would he leave

Tonester
26-10-2015, 01:07 PM
He gets to play with out training, why would he leaveHe trains most of the season, his job prevents him from all sessions. I've seen him there more times than a few others.

GO AWAY
26-10-2015, 01:12 PM
He gets to play with out training, why would he leave

Trains more then you think, driving from Sydney straight to training some of the time.

monz6
26-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Barber come from our U17's, get your facts right... thus Magic only brought in 3 as directed by our points allocation of its first inception... then they stuffed it and watered it right down.

4? Archie, Faj, Kale, Mike F

winner
26-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Great call of get your facts right Magician. Yes sorry, i named barber and noy finlayson so my facts were not correct. But what a call from you " thus Magic only brought in 3 as directed by our points allocation of its first inception" . What a load of shit that was

hamburgler
26-10-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm no expert on the PPS, but didn't Magic also bring in the Korean Ko Sangin?

RAM
26-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Hearing rumours of a new NPL team entering based out of Tamworth. You guys hear of this?

mervan
26-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Hearing rumours of a new NPL team entering based out of Tamworth. You guys hear of this?

Bring your helmets

Zico
26-10-2015, 09:28 PM
That shit gets thrown around every 2 years or so, it may stick one day but I can't see it in the near future. The expense to the local clubs would rule it out, that's what killed the old State League in the early 80's.

terryk
26-10-2015, 10:15 PM

FACTS DONT LIE... The following is a breakdown of PPS for 2014 season as distributed by Gary Fisher, 20/3/2014. Lets not re-write history here! I know for a fact there were some very dodgy decisions made by Northern in regards to these points and how many points certain players were awarded. I also can recall that those decisions would have left the Jaffas over the 250 limit as well as Edgeworth, feeling around the clubs was that Northern we changing rules to suit certain clubs. Even after the initial free ride of the first year for JAffas they managed to hit the 250 mark in their second year. In all fairness i can recall that Magic were not opposed or whinging about the PPS, and as is quite obvious they fell well within the points system. And further they have very little player turnover so your comments don't ring true. If you had taken out Bowling and Berlin who accounted for nearly 40 points on their own, Magic could have easily added 4-5 players to their roster for the 2015 season...

LJFC 248
EEFC 244
LMFC 242
CCFC 226
HOFC 225
SCFC 219
BMFC 216
WWFC 189
ARFC 2

terryk
26-10-2015, 10:18 PM

Does Kale count as he was taken by the Jets Youth squad from Magic??? Yes he did go to Jaffas but was returning...

winner
26-10-2015, 10:24 PM
FACTS DONT LIE... The following is a breakdown of PPS for 2014 season as distributed by Gary Fisher, 20/3/2014. Lets not re-write history here! I know for a fact there were some very dodgy decisions made by Northern in regards to these points and how many points certain players were awarded. I also can recall that those decisions would have left the Jaffas over the 250 limit as well as Edgeworth, feeling around the clubs was that Northern we changing rules to suit certain clubs. Even after the initial free ride of the first year for JAffas they managed to hit the 250 mark in their second year. In all fairness i can recall that Magic were not opposed or whinging about the PPS, and as is quite obvious they fell well within the points system. And further they have very little player turnover so your comments don't ring true. If you had taken out Bowling and Berlin who accounted for nearly 40 points on their own, Magic could have easily added 4-5 players to their roster for the 2015 season...

LJFC 248
EEFC 244
LMFC 242
CCFC 226
HOFC 225
SCFC 219
BMFC 216
WWFC 189
ARFC 2
Yeah wasn't really having a go at magic regarding the points system terryk,even if it read that way sorry. I know they were well under the points and would have probably snuck under this year. It was more about why did nnsw water down the rules.

winner
26-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Does Kale count as he was taken by the Jets Youth squad from Magic??? Yes he did go to Jaffas but was returning...

I know kale is a magic junior and therefore would had been eligible for points deduction as a home grown junior. But he still would have attracted 8 points for a transferring player. I think that is correct anyway

ForeverRed
26-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Yeah wasn't really having a go at magic regarding the points system terryk,even if it read that way sorry. I know they were well under the points and would have probably snuck under this year. It was more about why did nnsw water down the rules.
Like I have stated before, the points system was introduced by FFA and changed by FFA, fact.

The Magician
27-10-2015, 12:04 AM
I know kale is a magic junior and therefore would had been eligible for points deduction as a home grown junior. But he still would have attracted 8 points for a transferring player. I think that is correct anyway

in the 2015 pps changing player was reduced to 5 from 8 points i think.

cobra23
27-10-2015, 10:15 AM
FACTS DONT LIE... The following is a breakdown of PPS for 2014 season as distributed by Gary Fisher, 20/3/2014. Lets not re-write history here! I know for a fact there were some very dodgy decisions made by Northern in regards to these points and how many points certain players were awarded. I also can recall that those decisions would have left the Jaffas over the 250 limit as well as Edgeworth, feeling around the clubs was that Northern we changing rules to suit certain clubs. Even after the initial free ride of the first year for JAffas they managed to hit the 250 mark in their second year. In all fairness i can recall that Magic were not opposed or whinging about the PPS, and as is quite obvious they fell well within the points system. And further they have very little player turnover so your comments don't ring true. If you had taken out Bowling and Berlin who accounted for nearly 40 points on their own, Magic could have easily added 4-5 players to their roster for the 2015 season...LJFC 248
EEFC 244
LMFC 242
CCFC 226
HOFC 225
SCFC 219
BMFC 216
WWFC 189
ARFC 2

yes I think you would find that bowling did cost a lot of points but berlin,haynes etc did not cost that much because they were there for more than 5 years so the 1 point age limit after 25 evened itself out..

cobra23
27-10-2015, 10:16 AM
Should be more loyal players like Scotty Smith, been offered " more coin " every season, and chooses to stay at the one club, rather have him anyday then these club hopping blokes, whether it be for money or trophy hunting, give me his "loyalty ' any day.

well dont speak to soon,
Hearing heavy rumours that 2 clubs are after him and 1 of the 2 are close to signing him.

GO AWAY
27-10-2015, 11:32 AM
well dont speak to soon,
Hearing heavy rumours that 2 clubs are after him and 1 of the 2 are close to signing him.

Rumours is a Fleetwood Mac album and that is all ............ in other words you are very wrong :)

Football lover
28-10-2015, 11:20 AM
well dont speak to soon,

Are you able 2 divulge ? Olympic reunion with goody maybe.? Wouldnt be edgy they signed Mcbreen. Magic have kale faj. Maybe Maitland? Adamstown signed Berlin. Surely wouldn't go to Weston?

tucker's daughter
28-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Are you able 2 divulge ? Olympic reunion with goody maybe.? Wouldnt be edgy they signed Mcbreen. Magic have kale faj. Maybe Maitland? Adamstown signed Berlin. Surely wouldn't go to Weston?
Won't be at Olympic. They have Kane Goodchild, Leo Burtos and Tommy Spencer who can all play up front. As well as Pat Brown, Alex Tserepas and Sam Parker

winner
28-10-2015, 04:05 PM

I have heard Maitland bound with Piggo

GO AWAY
28-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Won't be at Olympic. They have Kane Goodchild, Leo Burtos and Tommy Spencer who can all play up front. As well as Pat Brown, Alex Tserepas and Sam Parker

Six strikers ? Theyre all going to be happy there

Newy
28-10-2015, 04:34 PM
wont be going to maitland...

winner
28-10-2015, 04:34 PM

Is sam parker the young striker from Lakes