PDA

View Full Version : Fossile AM Station to Broadcast A-League

Midfielder
15-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Fossil AM station 2SM & 2HD Newcastle will be broadcasting Friday night A-League matches.

They broadcast to mainly regional NSW & QLD .

They also have a sports show tis fair to say they broadcast about 90% on Rugby League 8% on Cricket, 1% on Union and 1% for everything else. The show goes from I think either 3 or 4 in the afternoon to 7 at night.

They are broadcast out of Sydney across their network. They don’t have a huge number of people who call them.

I suggest its worth considering across SFC, WSW, CCM & Jets that if we sometimes phone in and discuss the A-League it could help in expanding Football. 20 to 30 calls a week could have a huge affect on this network especially across such a spread as these four teams.

Their number is 13 12 69…… Consider …

boz-monaut
15-10-2015, 02:39 PM
this could be spam but I'm confused

so Friday games will be broadcast on 2HD?

Midfielder
15-10-2015, 02:42 PM
this could be spam but I'm confused

so Friday games will be broadcast on 2HD?

My understanding is 2HD is part of the Super Radio Network and the Super Radio network is broadcasting Friday night A-League ... believe it or not Jason Culina is one of the broadcasters ... anyway its worth considering as this is a group Football hardly ever gets to ...

boz-monaut
15-10-2015, 02:49 PM
super

GazFish35
15-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Cromedia network were spouting this earlier.

Up north 2RE broadcast the Friday games too.

Good the hear football on the radio.

furns
15-10-2015, 05:24 PM
I thought that ABC Newy was also still broadcasting the games, or is this specific for Fridays only?

Thomas477
15-10-2015, 06:49 PM
I thought that ABC Newy was also still broadcasting the games, or is this specific for Fridays only?

They only broadcast the jets when there's nothing else on.

Premy
15-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Thomas is correct.
This is know as the Super Radio Network and the boys from Talk and Sport at 4pm-7pm in Newcastle on 1143AM 2HD.
Talk and Sport isn't to bad actually and they are quite respectable to Football (I'm listening to them now) as Midfield said if more people called up talking about Football then no doubt that they would expand their Football content.

Just yesterday they had a rather interesting interview with Adam Vivian and you could tell they had limited knowledge on the topic but they were still respectable.

I would encourage anyone to listen and add content to the show and would also alert people to Big Sports Breakfast from 5:30am-9am which is quite similar to Talk and Sport.

Couscous
15-10-2015, 07:18 PM
I think it's really important to spend time trying to influence a fading form of media that none of you, nor many others, listen to.

Premy
15-10-2015, 07:32 PM
I think it's really important to spend time trying to influence a fading form of media that none of you, nor many others, listen to.
Fading form of Media?
What do people do whilst at work or driving to and from work? Oh that's right listen to the radio, radio will be around for sometime still to come. Why not try to take advantage of it and encourage others to do so?

furns
15-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Fading form of Media?
What do people do whilst at work or driving to and from work? Oh that's right listen to the radio, radio will be around for sometime still to come. Why not try to take advantage of it and encourage others to do so?

Most people I know do as I do - download & listen to podcasts & music.

baldrick
15-10-2015, 10:25 PM
I listen to the wireless all the time

plague
16-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Oh man I just heard an A-League preview with Jason Cullina.
That knee of his must be bad, it's affecting his ability to communicate.

hawk
16-10-2015, 07:15 PM
My in car gramophone is still solid but moving to this 2hd is the way forward.

That Graeme Hughes does try hard not to ridicule football but you can hear his little buddies having little toss sessions and giggles over it