PDA

View Full Version : Footgolf

Bon
05-11-2015, 10:50 AM
I know this is probably old news, but I'm pretty sure I've found a new sport to play..
No running involved (and anyone that knows me, is aware of my feelings on that)..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f28imcaCYBs

Has anyone actually tried or played this before?
Apparently there is a course or two in Western Sydney that have it, and one up near Lismore which I plan on visiting in a few weeks while up on holidays..

WolfMan
05-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Just saw a campaign on Facebook this morning trying to bring it to Royal Bero

Bon
05-11-2015, 11:00 AM

Shit really? Where do I go to add my support to this cause..

Grimario
05-11-2015, 11:35 AM
The Member has already posted plenty about it in the DG thread.

Bon
05-11-2015, 11:42 AM
The Member has already posted plenty about it in the DG thread.

Well... Now it gets its own thread..
As with most people, I haven't paid attention to that thread in a while.. :lol:

GazFish35
05-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Shit really? Where do I go to add my support to this cause..

go to bero gold club's facebook page and like the post about it.

they said if they get 1000 likes they'll look into it.

Bon
05-11-2015, 12:25 PM
go to bero gold club's facebook page and like the post about it.

they said if they get 1000 likes they'll look into it.

Cheers mate..
Done.

PC14
05-11-2015, 12:41 PM

Can confirm the caretaker at Bero is seriously looking at this. Is asking for public backing so that he does not rush in and purchase the gear and not have a market for it.

https://www.facebook.com/Beresfield-Golf-Course-265180630315568/timeline

Bremsstrahlung
05-11-2015, 08:30 PM
Have played it at colonial golf course in Werrington - about 10 minutes from Penrith.
Good fun. Exactly as it sounds. Kick a ball, Into the hole, count how many time you need to kick it.
The set up at Colonial, and many others, is that it runs parallel to the normal golf holes, or in between them. Sometimes they even share a fairway.
The Golfing green is strictly out of bounds. Fair enough. The hole is generally about ~50cm.
Uhm, the one I went to was Byo ball, or available to rent. Still expected to have smart casual attire, no boots.
Basically (I haven't read the article or links) the reason they do it is because they found most golf Courses are quite busy in the mornings. Not so much in the afternoon. And their lack of numbers is getting to be a bit much. So adding a few bigger holes, opening it up to Footgolf primarily in he afternoon, but probably available all day, while maintaining the actual golf courses integrity get them some extra $$$.

boz-monaut
06-11-2015, 11:38 AM
if you're going to mix football with other sports then surely this is a much better idea as it can be played in pubs

http://i.imgur.com/truEE6c.gif

hawk
06-11-2015, 08:19 PM
no way :lol:

wheres the dollar coin for next player