PDA

View Full Version : RAAF Jersey for Brisbane Home Game

NewyTy
18-11-2015, 02:26 PM

Hope the picture worked. Not sure how I feel about this one. Good cause and decent shirt but looking like Sydney on the field is probably not the greatest of ideas. I'm a jersey hoarder so will probably end up buying one. Could have been worse. I can think of a certain tower at Queens Wharf that they could have put on a jersey.

plague
18-11-2015, 02:43 PM
The colour is obviously a tribute to the puddle.

What a player he was.

belchardo
18-11-2015, 02:44 PM
what is the cause? it better be fantastic cause the jersey is garbage.

18-11-2015, 03:23 PM
Vomit, Alls missing is the bits of carrot.

q-money
18-11-2015, 03:50 PM
this isn't the hat i asked for

NewyTy
18-11-2015, 03:52 PM
what is the cause? it better be fantastic cause the jersey is garbage.

RAAF Recognition Round. Would imagine they'll be trying to raise funds for the RAAF Base and have read that 3000 free passes will be sent to the base for RAAF personnel and their families. I don't mind the sentiment but making a jersey for it seems a bit overboard. Like when the Knights wear the mining jersey that has no connection with their club's colours whatsoever.

Couscous
18-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Without meaning to offend anyone too much, why the **** is the club raising funds for ADF personnel? I can't think of any community* for whom more government services and funds are made available.

* On reflection, the communities of multinationals and of mining companies do pretty well, too.

NewyTy
18-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Without meaning to offend anyone too much, why the **** is the club raising funds for ADF personnel? I can't think of any community* for whom more government services and funds are made available.

* On reflection, the communities of multinationals and of mining companies do pretty well, too.

I think it's more trying to tie in the club with it's namesake. I must add I can't be certain there'll be fundraising. Just my initial thought. Mostly it'll be a bit of added entertainment for kids with the jets flying over and all that.

GazFish35
18-11-2015, 04:56 PM
exercise in building club identity. anything to take us more down the "we are the jets" path and away from "we are not the knights" is good imo.

shirt is not something ill be rushing out to buy though.

plague
18-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Like when the Knights wear the mining jersey that has no connection with their club's colours whatsoever.

Knights get paid to wear those (in a roundabout way).

American sports is full of the defence force paying sporting teams to promote 'salute to service' rounds.

Hopefully the Jets are sponging some of that defence budget.

true waterboy
18-11-2015, 06:38 PM
I was half expecting the air force jersey to be a blueish grey camo design. I think the jets print is a bit of a let down and looks a little cheap.

parksey
18-11-2015, 08:39 PM
awful scenes

furns
18-11-2015, 08:57 PM
I think it's more trying to tie in the club with it's namesake. I must add I can't be certain there'll be fundraising. Just my initial thought. Mostly it'll be a bit of added entertainment for kids with the jets flying over and all that.
We are the Jets - and Mitchell Murphy was astounded when he arrived that we had no formal relationship with the RAAF base that the club is supposedly named after.
Its not fundraising, its recognising those in this particular branch of the ADF which is a major part of this town.
And apparently there is a RAAF base in Brissy which is why they picked this particular round to use as the commemoration.

As far as the jersey goes, I dont mind it. And its a bloody one-off people. Its not like we have to play in a jersey with an effing palm tree on it for the entire season.

GazFish35
18-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Hope they do a three jet flyover with dump and burn.

Would go oorrfff!

lquiquer
18-11-2015, 10:11 PM
:fright:

plague
18-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Anyone who doesn't think Top Gun was an all time classic is a bum
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BFw7iIvCFpo/hqdefault.jpg

hawk
18-11-2015, 11:41 PM
calm down its not like its a shitney fc type, oh wait.... I feel a toxic waste coming on, carn Jets

Buddha
19-11-2015, 04:03 AM
putting a camo design on the jersey doesnt make it unique to the RAAF does it? so the idea was to put Hornets flying in formation on the jersey. I think it looks sick, ther grey colour accurately reflects the colour of Hornets themselves, the blue trim coould be better but the plan is to make this an annual thing, with the jersey being updated every year

Buddha
19-11-2015, 04:14 AM
Hope they do a three jet flyover with dump and burn.

Would go oorrfff!

Hornets dont technically dump and burn, they can however put Afterburners on, which looks hell at any stage of a day.

Seriously what did you honestly expect the jersey to be a shitty camo design that all sporting teams do? BORING. Jets in formation look much better

GazFish35
19-11-2015, 08:32 AM
I just wanna see flames, and I hope they parachute drop care packages of hats in the shape of jets on the stadium.
Make it rain.

WolfMan
19-11-2015, 08:45 AM
I figured the blue colour was to reflect the dress uniform of RAAF

Jeterpool
19-11-2015, 09:01 AM
I'm not a fan of the jersey either.

I think we missed an opportunity to do a fan designed kit instead, which is something we've brought up with the club. Though with time pressures I understand why this hasn't occurred.

BodyNovo
19-11-2015, 09:33 AM
tbh, having the jet fly over was good enough for me, don't really need a kit.

Roundball Enthusiast
19-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Lets have a RAAF shirt that has camo on it. Because you defo need camo on a plane, in the f%&king sky huh.

As for the shirt. I really don't mind it. One off and a 'decent' design. At least its not fking camo. OR palm trees.

I'll be buying one.

RAM
19-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Lets have a RAAF shirt that has camo on it. Because you defo need camo on a plane, in the f%&king sky huh.

As for the shirt. I really don't mind it. One off and a 'decent' design. At least its not fking camo. OR palm trees.

I'll be buying one.

A grey plane is camo'd

plague
19-11-2015, 02:34 PM
A grey plane is camo'd

Only if we're flying missions on overcast days.

true waterboy
19-11-2015, 03:24 PM

I'll be buying one.

putting a camo design on the jersey doesnt make it unique to the RAAF does it? so the idea was to put Hornets flying in formation on the jersey. I think it looks sick, ther grey colour accurately reflects the colour of Hornets themselves, the blue trim coould be better but the plan is to make this an annual thing, with the jersey being updated every year

All three armed forces in Australia have a camo uniform. The air force general purpose uniform is a blue grey camo pattern (for more details as to why http://www.airforce.gov.au/About-us/About-the-RAAF/Air-Force-General-Purpose-Uniform/?RAAF-4U4d0xqin/tKoDM01/dIeUFheHnCWT8Q).

Camo isnt unique to airforce but the specific colour used is. I believe it would be much easier to be identified as a tribute to the armed forces if it were a camo design.

plague
19-11-2015, 04:03 PM
I believe it would be much easier to be identified as a tribute to the armed forces if it were a camo design.

The big **** off fighter jets on the front not enough?

Dressing in camo is more a tribute to Cavill avenue mall than the armed forces these days.

19-11-2015, 05:24 PM
DPU to be precise. Disruptive Pattern Uniform.

MFKS
19-11-2015, 09:23 PM
I thought the worst kit ever in the HAL contained ****ing palm trees.

Then we not only better it we set a new record that may never be broken ever.

FMD

Jetmaster
20-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Some of you twits realise a constant negative attitude shortens your lifespan eh?

It's a shirt ffs.

GazFish35
20-11-2015, 09:34 AM
I believe it would be much easier to be identified as a tribute to the armed forces if it were a camo design.

lol. the four fighter jets on shirt don't give it away? maybe the hotoshoot for press release has hornet in background, there's a pilot in some shots, there's a flyover happening on game day, there'll be heaps of raaf service folk at the game, the players are all going commando on game day....... think they've done a pretty good job of it being about the RAAF base.

MFKS
20-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Some of you twits realise a constant negative attitude shortens your lifespan eh?

It's a shirt ffs.
Not effecting me in the slightest.

I am actually as happy in life as I have ever been in a long while.

Only thing I need now is a decent football team to play for me like Griff and I am set

q-money
20-11-2015, 11:52 AM
it's an awful awful shirt let's not sugar coat it

GazFish35
20-11-2015, 12:12 PM

I thought it was sugar coated, maybe Carney's just got dandruff

la bazzle
20-11-2015, 12:35 PM

Is spectacular. Thought you'd be a big fan?

Jeterpool
20-11-2015, 01:15 PM

He wants the matching hat

RAM
20-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Not effecting me in the slightest.

I am actually as happy in life as I have ever been in a long while.

Only thing I need now is a decent football team to play for me like Griff and I am set

cause you bought a ride on dishwasher ffs

Jeterpool
20-11-2015, 02:07 PM

RAM, this isn't directed at you - just you're the latest in a long line, but seriously not every post the member makes needs to come back as a dig to the fact he has a girlfriend.

q-money
20-11-2015, 02:22 PM

i won't rest till i get that hat doggy

la bazzle
20-11-2015, 04:23 PM
i won't rest till i get that hat doggy

I see this jersey as natural progression

monz6
20-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Fox Sports News: BREAKING NEWS-Newcastle Jets to wear Jarryd Hayne inspired 'Hayne Plane' Jerseys

Schultz
20-11-2015, 06:57 PM

I don't mind it at all. A bit like the dinosaurs with lazer strip.

furns
20-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Jet in the shape of a hat can't be far off

Jetmaster
21-11-2015, 10:24 AM
Fox Sports News: BREAKING NEWS-Newcastle Jets to wear Jarryd Hayne inspired 'Hayne Plane' Jerseys

That is how R Dillon would report it seeing he needs to relate every Jets article he writes to something in the NRL.

MFKS
21-11-2015, 11:30 AM
:rof: Nice work :thumbsup: