PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

boz-monaut
01-01-2016, 04:00 PM
2016 Zone League 1 thread

pagey85
04-01-2016, 12:40 PM
Barnsley would like to announce that Craig Kelly has been appointed head coach for 2016 with Brad and Beaux Oakley returning to go around again. Brad will be working closely with Craig and also working on relationships and development of players from the junior club. Training will begin at our ground on the 12th of January in preparation for the FFA cup and our first trial match on the 7th of February. All existing and interested players welcome.

Black_Cat
10-01-2016, 02:03 PM
2015 Grand Final Winners - Warners Bay FC are pleased to announce the return of Head Coach Mick Taylor for the 2016 season, along with assistant Troy Hooker. Warners Bay are also pleased to open brand new club and change room facilities in 2016. Training for all current and interested players will commence on Thursday the 14th of January, 6:15pm. For more information contact Mick Taylor 0431 602 630

Warners Bay FC are also calling for expressions of interest for coaching positions for reserve and third grade teams - for more information contact Senior Vice President Mark Keeping - 0404 097 433 or at markkeeping@bigpond.com.

RANGER09
10-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Raymond Terrace ZL1 - 2016 training starts Thursday 21st & 28th January 6.30pm at King Park.
It should be an exciting season for the Rangers after earning promotion from ZL2 last season!
Ken Catford and Mick White return as coaching staff for 1st grade, with Mick Ross and Mat Catford taking on Res grade,
Expressions of interest are welcome for 3rd grade coaching positions.
Looking forward to catching up with returning and new players.
All enquiries to Ken - 0458061469

WWMTD?
11-01-2016, 01:11 PM
2015 Grand Final Winners - Warners Bay FC are pleased to announce the return of Head Coach Mick Taylor for the 2016 season, along with assistant Troy Hooker. Warners Bay are also pleased to open brand new club and change room facilities in 2016. Training for all current and interested players will commence on Thursday the 14th of January, 6:15pm. For more information contact Mick Taylor 0431 602 630

Warners Bay FC are also calling for expressions of interest for coaching positions for reserve and third grade teams - for more information contact Senior Vice President Mark Keeping - 0404 097 433 or at markkeeping@bigpond.com.

Looking forward to the new changerooms!

Buddha
17-01-2016, 12:04 AM
Looking forward to the new changerooms!

I concur, can you fit at least 3 people in these new changerooms Black Cat?

The Spy
05-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Anyone got the draft draw for ZL1?

sharky21
09-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Putting the feelers out to see which teams still have spots available. Things arnt looking good where I am at the moment, and just looking to see what other options I have. I'm a GK and possibly have some on field players looking to come with. Cheers Cal

salmon
11-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Super late notice and most likely clutching at straws here, but if any all age or Zone League teams are wanting to play a trial against Hamilton Azzurri ZL3 reserve grade tomorrow night (Friday 12th), we have an opening as the team we were playing has pulled out. Field is booked for 7.00pm kick off at Rathmines Oval.

If interested don't message me on here get in contact on 0432 097 729

Cheers

Another Ranger
19-02-2016, 01:09 PM
How's teams shaping up this year??

beaten favourite
19-02-2016, 03:33 PM
CHUFC are looking OK. Everyone back from last year, picked up a couple of new blokes and about 5 from last years NEWFM squad. Pretty keen to step out on the Ath Track (boys have been working tirelessly all summer to get the pitch up to scratch, it's looking immaculate)

Retro Jet
20-02-2016, 12:24 AM
CHUFC are looking OK. Everyone back from last year, picked up a couple of new blokes and about 5 from last years NEWFM squad. Pretty keen to step out on the Ath Track (boys have been working tirelessly all summer to get the pitch up to scratch, it's looking immaculate)

Yeah...like marking the bharstard out because the lines were faded, did the edging right around the track (looking schmick)
then hand watering the turf patches before setting the sprinkler off up da guts!
I earned my lemon, lime & bitters at home today, that 's for sure. Phew!
'The Carpet' gets mowed tomorrow. (Sat)

There used to be those ads with their hook line:- "It's marvellous what a difference Milo makes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LAlUaXP5kI)."
Well, I'm rewriting it:- "It's marvellous what a difference a mower makes."
:brrr:

Happy Tiger
23-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Very, very quiet so far this year.

leftrightout
24-02-2016, 12:03 PM
Very, very quiet so far this year.

How is everyone shaping up? Teams gain or lose players?
Anyone will to put their balls on the line and predict anything... That will of course will get the conversation started!

The Spy
24-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Top 4 in no order:
Kotara
Cookers
Warners Bay
Stockton

Relegated:
Nelson Bay (no logical reason)

beaten favourite
24-02-2016, 02:08 PM
Top 4 in no order:
Kotara
Cookers
Warners Bay
Stockton

Relegated:
Nelson Bay (no logical reason)

I'll be very interested to see what Terrace are like this year. Smashed them last year in ZL2 and good result in FFA Cup. I can't believe we got rid of Westlakes & Morry roadtrips only to be replaced with trips to Barnsley & RT..... Need Hamilton, New Lambton & Merewether promoted and I can sell the car!!! We'll know better how we are travelling after our trial against our NEWFM side this Saturday. For what's it worth:
Cookers
Stockton
Warners Bay
Bero

RAM
24-02-2016, 02:35 PM
I'll be very interested to see what Terrace are like this year. Smashed them last year in ZL2 and good result in FFA Cup. I can't believe we got rid of Westlakes & Morry roadtrips only to be replaced with trips to Barnsley & RT..... Need Hamilton, New Lambton & Merewether promoted and I can sell the car!!! We'll know better how we are travelling after our trial against our NEWFM side this Saturday. For what's it worth:
Cookers
Stockton
Warners Bay
Bero

Try having a team 4 hours away (each way!) in your comp, as well as others who are (4x) 1.5hrs and 3.5hrs away!

The Spy
24-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Where's the Stockton boys this year? They're usually on the forums by now.

Drunken ranger
24-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Where's the Stockton boys this year? They're usually on the forums by now.

There all at the washtub sinking bulk piss

Berbs
24-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Newly appointed 3rd grade head coach Andrew "panda" Searles has banned the use of social media this year!

I'm sure more of our boys will show up to stir the pot once the season starts ;)

We lost about 10 players from last year mostly from reserves and thirds. Picked up a handful of quality players and a few younger boys have stepped up into senior football as well. Our first grade squad is shaping up nicely but availability and injuries could be pretty key factors this year.

Couldn't pick 4 so went 5 in no real order after Cooks hill on top:

Cookers
Warners Bay
Bero
Stocko
Kotara

Drunken ranger
24-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Newly appointed 3rd grade head coach Andrew "panda" Searles has banned the use of social media this year!

I'm sure more of our boys will show up to stir the pot once the season starts ;)

We lost about 10 players from last year mostly from reserves and thirds. Picked up a handful of quality players and a few younger boys have stepped up into senior football as well. Our first grade squad is shaping up nicely but availability and injuries could be pretty key factors this year.

Couldn't pick 4 so went 5 in no real order after Cooks hill on top:

Cookers
Warners Bay
Bero
Stocko
Kotara
And we all thought rolo wore the pants in that relationship

leftrightout
24-02-2016, 09:06 PM
No one giving the new boys a chance? With promotion can come momentum for Terrace.
Barnsley came last in ZPL but I actually watched 2 or 3 of their games and they were never completely dominated, they were very competitive on the park. I guess for both its a matter of players returning and/or improving!
Interesting everyone has Cookers clearly on top, Kotaras FFA cup result surely puts them right up there.

Happy Tiger
24-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Not much has changed at Kotara as far as players. A few gone and a few gained. Last weekend in the FFA cup showed an improvement on the park from last year. At 2-0 down against quality opposition we showed a lot of fight and heart. I think the top 5 or 6 will be pretty tight this year, really looking forward to watching it unfold.

Kotara
Cookers
Stockton
Bero
W'bay
Jesmond
Terrace
Barnsley
Charlestown
N'bay

Not confident in my predictions at all.

PC14
25-02-2016, 09:47 AM

Is this a player/coach role, or has he hung up the boots?

One prediction from me, and it is fairly conservative. I expect the Terrace to challenge for a finals spot. They have earned opportunity for promotion for a second straight year (didn't take it last year ???) and I expect them to be tough fixture for all.

Berbs
25-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Playing when needed so with him as coach that will be every week.

Terrace will be strong. Totally forgot they were even in our comp when I made predictions. Should be a pretty tight competition

Buddha
25-02-2016, 08:31 PM
I for one think people are overlooking Bero, they were never really outplayed last year, it's just that a bit of luck didnt go their way, they are a quality team all across the park and will be strong this year

Can Bero confirm that they top dressed the turf at Tarro Park? I drove past one day and looked like it had a bit of work done on it?

namwob99
26-02-2016, 07:04 AM
I for one think people are overlooking Bero, they were never really outplayed last year, it's just that a bit of luck didnt go their way, they are a quality team all across the park and will be strong this year

Can Bero confirm that they top dressed the turf at Tarro Park? I drove past one day and looked like it had a bit of work done on it?

Top 2 grounds turned in to 1 big ground, ripped the cricket pitch up that was in the middle and top dressed the whole ground. Go knows when it'll be ready.

leftrightout
26-02-2016, 09:19 AM
Top 2 grounds turned in to 1 big ground, ripped the cricket pitch up that was in the middle and top dressed the whole ground. Go knows when it'll be ready.

Also new facilities isnt there?

namwob99
26-02-2016, 09:35 AM
Also new facilities isnt there?

Don't think that's happening for a while.

WWMTD?
26-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Anyone looking for a kick for their 3rd grade tomorrow at 10.30am? We have a space opened up.

rolo
04-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Anyone have one of those pop up portable goals that could be borrowed/hired by Stocko for Sunday?
Cricket finishing tomorrow so no posts at this point and the supplier didn't get the second half of the pair here in time.
Otherwise could be playing half court soccer at Corroba on Sunday

WWMTD?
10-03-2016, 08:09 AM
Harbour derby preview this weekend, Cooks Hill vs Stocko. Should be a good match up based on last year. Hopefully cricket doesn't decimate both squads too much

leftrightout
10-03-2016, 08:23 AM
I hear Stockton have had some quality come into their team and should be one of the teams to beat this season!

The Spy
10-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Nelson Bay beat Mayfield ZPL last weekend 2-0. That's an interesting result.

WWMTD?
10-03-2016, 09:32 AM

That is interesting as the bay weren't much chop in 1sts last year. Wonder if they are better or mayfield heaps worse

leftrightout
10-03-2016, 09:36 AM
That is interesting as the bay weren't much chop in 1sts last year. Wonder if they are better or mayfield heaps worse

I think Mayfield have lost players... A couple have gone to Dudley and i know of one that has gone to Stockton.
In saying that, Nelson Bay are probably improved still and its a good start for them!

Thomas477
10-03-2016, 01:54 PM

ZL3 you mean, wasn't the ZPL side of the unless they were borrowing the juniors kits and coaching staff.

Berbs
10-03-2016, 04:48 PM
ZL3 you mean, wasn't the ZPL side of the unless they were borrowing the juniors kits and coaching staff.

Turns a good result into a pretty questionable one pretty quickly haha

We (Stockton) played the ZL3 team on the weekend and won 9-0 firsts and 5-1 in res/3rds. Wasn't a very intense game that's for sure.

Looking forward to matching up against cooks hill this weekend. Probably 3-4 starting first graders missing but can see cooks hill being in the same boat.

beaten favourite
10-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Yeah it'll be the first hit out for quite a few of us. Probably missing 20 odd blokes across all 3 grades, bloody hard this time of year. 4 first graders short but looking forward to it. You blokes won't recognise the Ath Track...... Immaculate

Jnr Animal
10-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Are there Any ZL1 clubs interested in trials this sunday against Merewether? We have a ground booked! Two grades with kickoff times 2pm and 4pm.

If interested please PM me.
Cheers
Ryan

The Spy
14-03-2016, 09:36 AM

Definitely the ZPL, playing in their anniversary kit.

defence@allcost
27-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Predictions:
Stockton - some big signings to add to last year's competitive squad
Cooks hill - should be close to winning
Jesmond - always tough and looking good in pre season
Barnsley - coming from zpl should win more games then lose
Bero - finished last year off well and should go close to finals
W/baby - have lost plenty of players and no major signings but will still be competitive
R/terrace - have looked good the last couple of years
C/town - will compete
Nelson bay -
Kotara - have to pick a wooden spooner

Donk
27-03-2016, 11:58 PM
Predictions:
W/baby - have lost plenty of players and no major signings but will still be competitive
C/town - will compete
Nelson bay -

No comment for the Bay?

namwob99
28-03-2016, 06:44 AM
No comment for the Bay?
I think they'll surprise a few this year.

leftrightout
28-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Predictions:
C/town - will compete
Nelson bay -

Kotara wooden spoon? Big call considering they knocked off suburbs ZPL in FFA cup. I have to say I can't agree with that call.

The Spy
29-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Predictions:
C/town - will compete
Nelson bay -

Warners Baby?

Lofty
29-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Kotara won't be last. Always competitive and didn't look too bad against a decent ZPL Suns side a few weeks back. One of the few clubs to compete year in, year out in all three grades.

The Spy
29-03-2016, 02:13 PM
I reckon Cookers to come last after an investigation shows they're over their salary cap. All the third party sponsorships to get the NEWFM boys to drop back smells fishy....

beaten favourite
29-03-2016, 02:18 PM
I reckon Cookers to come last after an investigation shows they're over their salary cap. All the third party sponsorships to get the NEWFM boys to drop back smells fishy....

Haha, mate there's no way we'd let any of those blokes get a red cent after deserting us to play for NEWFM last year. All good mates from the ZPL days, some went to NEWFM some to ZL1 all 1 big happy family again now.

PS more than a few currently playing ressies....... I reckon we've got much better depth this year but sounds like everyone does.

I'm really hoping this year that the standard comes close to ZPL, don't think they'll be many easy 3 points on offer.

Sir
29-03-2016, 02:28 PM

On the contrary for my pick. I suspect top 4 due to their preseason results.
Maybe you should have left blank if you had no background on them...

hawk
29-03-2016, 06:35 PM
No comment for the Bay?

how bout Nelsons Baby will finish below warners baby?

Wilso8948
30-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Coach Panda to take Stocko 3rd grade to minor and major premierships. You heard it here first chaps.

The Spy
30-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Coach Panda to take Stocko 3rd grade to minor and major premierships. You heard it here first chaps.

Must be the social media blackout?!?

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
30-03-2016, 12:56 PM
I know when doing predictions someone has to be last but Kotara... surely not! Will fight for top 4.

Looks to be a bloody hard comp, with my limited knowledge of how everyone is shaping up I currently think only 2, maybe 3 can be written off and I'm not silly enough to name them.

Retro Jet
30-03-2016, 01:26 PM

Sponsorship? at Cookers??
:roflz:

The Spy
30-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Sponsorship? at Cookers??
:roflz:

I count no less than 14 sponsors on your web page :wink:

We at Warners Bay are pushing hard to get Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig or Tony Ferguson on board. We really need the help!

Retro Jet
30-03-2016, 04:46 PM
I count no less than 14 sponsors on your web page :wink:

We at Warners Bay are pushing hard to get Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig or Tony Ferguson on board. We really need the help!

Mostly Jnrs mate....
Struggle with the Zone/NewFM.
FIIK what it is. Walked both sides of Darby St once for $250 from Jack 'Natural Tucker' Arkless.
Only football man present on the street.

leftrightout
31-03-2016, 09:10 AM
My predictions and yes its bloody hard. Going along, i got to 7th and couldn't believe i hadn't put Jesmond in yet.
Hopefully no one is offended its just my guess with limited knowledge on this comp.

1 - Cooks Hill
2 - Stockton
3 - Kotara
4 - Barnsley
5 - Bero
6 - Terrace
7 - Jesmond
8 - Charletown
9 - Nelson Bay
10 - Warners Bay

Premy
31-03-2016, 09:20 AM
My predictions and yes its bloody hard. Going along, i got to 7th and couldn't believe i hadn't put Jesmond in yet.
Hopefully no one is offended its just my guess with limited knowledge on this comp.

1 - Cooks Hill
2 - Stockton
3 - Kotara
4 - Barnsley
5 - Bero
6 - Terrace
7 - Jesmond
8 - Charletown
9 - Nelson Bay
10 - Warners Bay

You're correct it's difficult to predict, very bold saying WB to come last didn't they win the GF last year?

P.S I'm staying away from predictions.

The Spy
31-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Mostly Jnrs mate....
Struggle with the Zone/NewFM.
FIIK what it is. Walked both sides of Darby St once for $250 from Jack 'Natural Tucker' Arkless.
Only football man present on the street.

Not as bad as what's going on across the harbour. They've re-mortgaged the Washtub at Stockton to attract some of their players.

beaten favourite
31-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Not as bad as what's going on across the harbour. They've re-mortgaged the Washtub at Stockton to attract some of their players.

Haha............ Mate after all this chat about cash I've had a chat to the Cooks Hill boys and seeing as though we are playing our NEWFM side this Saturday we're going to have a whip round, raffle and charity auction and all money raised we'll deliver in a novelty sized check to WB so you blokes can go out and buy a couple of marquee players!!!!!!

All jokes aside surely the lure of brand new facilities out your way should be bringing them in, in droves.........

The Spy
31-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Haha............ Mate after all this chat about cash I've had a chat to the Cooks Hill boys and seeing as though we are playing our NEWFM side this Saturday we're going to have a whip round, raffle and charity auction and all money raised we'll deliver in a novelty sized check to WB so you blokes can go out and buy a couple of marquee players!!!!!!

All jokes aside surely the lure of brand new facilities out your way should be bringing them in, in droves.........

We've kept the away sheds the same size, and just built bigger canteen facilities around it!

Berbs
31-03-2016, 03:27 PM

I was wondering why I had to pay $800 for rego this year

beaten favourite
31-03-2016, 03:42 PM
I was wondering why I had to pay $800 for rego this year

Jeez we'd better not walk in to the Washie after the Harbourside Derby and get stung $10 for a beer!!!!!

Goatscheese
31-03-2016, 09:03 PM
We've kept the away sheds the same size, and just built bigger canteen facilities around it!

Is that really the case?

My garden shed
Is bigger than this
My garden shed is bigger than this,
It's got a door and a window,
My garden shed is bigger than this

The Spy
01-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Trial last night, Warners Bay beat New Lambton ZPL:
3-2 Ressies
5-4 Firsts

beaten favourite
01-04-2016, 09:25 AM
3-2 Ressies
5-4 Firsts

Good result mate, New Lambton always there or there abouts in ZPL. Who've you got this weekend?

Wilso8948
01-04-2016, 09:26 AM
3-2 Ressies
5-4 Firsts

All those Mr Schnitzel wraps finally paying off

Bon
01-04-2016, 09:27 AM
Good result mate, New Lambton always there or there abouts in ZPL. Who've you got this weekend?

Garden Suburb..

beaten favourite
03-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Garden Suburb..

Trial Match (1st Annual Cookers Cup)

Cooks Hill ZL1 v Cooks Hill NEWFM

Firsts: 2-0

Ressies/23's: 1-3

Thirds/19's: 3-3

GuzmanGomez
04-04-2016, 10:06 PM
How are all the fields/playing surfaces looking, I drove past cookers today and it still looks a bit scrappy tbh. Warner's bay looks like it really could be a awesome place to play if it gets a mow.

beaten favourite
05-04-2016, 08:29 AM
How are all the fields/playing surfaces looking, I drove past cookers today and it still looks a bit scrappy tbh. Warner's bay looks like it really could be a awesome place to play if it gets a mow.

Wow buddy you must need glasses...... The surface is mint. Our NEWFM boys played Adamstown NPL in a trial there last Thursday and the Adamstown boys were saying it was up there with their pitch. I must admit I'm spewing we have to wait till the second last round to get on at Nelson Bay, that pitch was perfect.

namwob99
05-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Our pitch is a shambles.

beaten favourite
05-04-2016, 09:54 AM
Our pitch is a shambles.

Still smell like a sewage treatment plant????

namwob99
05-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Still smell like a sewage treatment plant????

I've never smelt it there. Least of our worries anyway. Our Round 1 game has been transferred to Heaton Park.

The Spy
05-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Our pitch is looking unreal. I've driven past Barnsley's recently and it's looking good too. Charlestown's still has the cricket pitch unfortunately, but the rest of the field looks a treat. Can't comment on anyone else's.

Donk
06-04-2016, 05:55 AM
Our pitch is looking unreal. I've driven past Barnsley's recently and it's looking good too. Charlestown's still has the cricket pitch unfortunately, but the rest of the field looks a treat. Can't comment on anyone else's.

Barnsley definitely looking the best it has in years. Hoping it holds up all season

Wilso8948
06-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Barnsley definitely looking the best it has in years. Hoping it holds up all season

Which field do we play on out there? The better looking one with the dugouts? or the Shitty ones near the canteen?

Stocko's fields are looking average. A lot worse then what I've seen it at this time of year in previous seasons. Plus side is they do a fair bit of work on it through the year so will come good.

NUGUNS
06-04-2016, 12:53 PM

Drove past Kotara Sth's pitch on the way to work today.

Looks pretty snazy compared the dustbowl it used to be.

Donk
07-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Which field do we play on out there? The better looking one with the dugouts? or the Shitty ones near the canteen?

Stocko's fields are looking average. A lot worse then what I've seen it at this time of year in previous seasons. Plus side is they do a fair bit of work on it through the year so will come good.

Shitty one ha ha ha the good one is the juniors fields we will play any night games we have through out the yr there

Donk
09-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Barnsley vs Nelson bay

3rds 1-2
Res 3-4 Bay put 3 goals in 15 mins to come from 2-1 down to 4-2 lead just before half time
First 1 nill Barnsley
Barnsley dominated most of game just couldn't find the net and lucky to take 3 points with a saved penalty and rebound over from the 6 yard but good to do hard yard to hold lead something we couldn't do last yr

onlooker
09-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Terrace V Charlestown

3rds 0-2
Res 1-2
First 2-1

The Spy
09-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Stocko v Warners Bay
0-0 thirds
1-2 reserves
2-2 firsts

namwob99
09-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Jesmond vs Bero
6-0 thirds
1-1 Ressies
2-1 Firsts

Thanks to Jeso for playing at Heaton.

GuzmanGomez
09-04-2016, 10:42 PM
How was the Stocko WBay game? I've been hearing good things coming from the Warner's Bay camp, apparently a few of the uni ZPL boys copped the shits and went there.
If that's true they will surely be a force.

Berbs
10-04-2016, 01:27 AM
Stocko vs wb
2-2 first grade
1-2 res
0-0 thirds

Warners bay a very good team and will be one of the ones to beat this year. Didn't talk up any of there signings but defo have picked up handy players. Pitch is terrible at stocko so hard to play football but the bay probably had us covered most of the game. We led 1-0 then warners bay 2-1 with us getting a pen to equalise 2-2

Buddha
10-04-2016, 10:55 AM
The most important thing to take out of all 3 games at Stocko today was the coaching debut of The Panda! Clean Sheet and a point to start off with, pretty remarkable given that 3rds only kept 1 clean sheet all year last season, from here on in he would like to be known as Andrew Guardiola

leftrightout
10-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Barnsley vs Nelson bay

3rds 1-2
Res 3-4 Bay put 3 goals in 15 mins to come from 2-1 down to 4-2 lead just before half time
First 1 nill Barnsley
Barnsley dominated most of game just couldn't find the net and lucky to take 3 points with a saved penalty and rebound over from the 6 yard but good to do hard yard to hold lead something we couldn't do last yr

Pretty good description of the game. I was
A bit hung over so I just decided to walk down the road and watch my local team and I agree.
Barnsley were much better when they played football but when the game got scrappy Nelson bay really came into it. How the score was only 1-0 is beyond me. Bay should have scored at least 2 and Barnsley should have had 4 or 5 by half time. Was a reasonably entertaining game but, a bit of passion shown by both teams but seemed to be played in good spirit.

inthenet
10-04-2016, 01:37 PM
It was a good game by both teams but there seems like a few Barnsley supports not seeing the game from a even point of view , I do not support either side but Nelson Bay could of well won the game and had lot of possession what let them down was there finishing !!!

Donk
10-04-2016, 04:13 PM
It was a good game by both teams but there seems like a few Barnsley supports not seeing the game from a even point of view , I do not support either side but Nelson Bay could of well won the game and had lot of possession what let them down was there finishing !!!

They definitely could've won not disagreeing with that but as a whole I thought Barnsley played the better game

KSSFC
10-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Cooks Hill vs Kotara

3rds 0 - 2
Res 0 - 1
1st 1 - 3

Good day for the Tigers

leftrightout
11-04-2016, 07:30 AM

Definitely not seeing one way, Nelson Bay had enough chances to win the match easily and really should have taken some of them.
When the game was scrappy both teams had chances and it was very end to end, particularly the second half. My point of view was that Barnsley did play the best football. There was a long period at the start of the match where Barnsley really controlled the game, once they scored though the game changed and it was a really really even contest that could have gone either way.
Barnsley goal keeper was a standout, saying that kind of thing is an indication that Nelson Bay had plenty of play.

leftrightout
11-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Cooks Hill vs Kotara

3rds 0 - 2
Res 0 - 1
1st 1 - 3

Good day for the Tigers

Great start for Kotara against a team everyone has been considering one of the teams to beat!

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
12-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Rare chance to see Rams in action all 3 grades..... Jesmond v Beresfield at Heaton Park.

3rds Jesmond totally dominant and Beresfield barely ventured into our defensive third. A returning Ram had a hat-trick which was quite impressive. I suspect we'll have tougher assignments. 5-0

Reserves was quite a decent game and took seconds to see the difference in the grades, especially with Beresfield. Although Rams can feel a tad unlucky only conceding in last minute, both teams did have periods of dominance and our GK made a couple of great saves. 1-1

1sts should have been a lot more. Beresfield put a penalty away and from memory only had 1 other shot on target, which was from a rather acute angle outside of box. We had many many chances that need to be taken. Plus 18 corners. 2-1.

All played in pretty good spirit for first game of the season when excitement can often take over. Good luck Bero for season.

WWMTD?
12-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Harbour Derby this weekend, Stocko better stock up the kegs..hopefully we can do better in the boat race this year, it was a schooling last year

Wilso8948
13-04-2016, 06:45 AM
Harbour Derby this weekend, Stocko better stock up the kegs..hopefully we can do better in the boat race this year, it was a schooling last year

Kegs? We'll make sure there's plenty of skim milk for the bunch of lattes you café lovers will be ordering.. **Shots fired**

Pushy pub crawl again this weekend lads? I'll be sure to tell the ferry man to delay getting you lot overseas. Remember just don't pay him till you get to the other siiiddeeee...

beaten favourite
13-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Kegs? We'll make sure there's plenty of skim milk for the bunch of lattes you café lovers will be ordering.. **Shots fired**

Pushy pub crawl again this weekend lads? I'll be sure to tell the ferry man to delay getting you lot overseas. Remember just don't pay him till you get to the other siiiddeeee...

Yeah mate we'll be coming in numbers on the treddlies......... You couldn't sort out some Almond Milk for me mate, I'm lactose intolerant!!!!!

Wilso8948
13-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Yeah mate we'll be coming in numbers on the treddlies......... You couldn't sort out some Almond Milk for me mate, I'm lactose intolerant!!!!!
Just be sure to bring a good sense of humour and leave your tampons and dignity on the south side

WWMTD?
13-04-2016, 06:13 PM
How are your local caramelattes?? Maybe we need to BYO across from honeysuckle

WWMTD?
13-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Speaking of leaving dignity behind, is the panda still having a go in goals? I hope so

Wilso8948
14-04-2016, 06:55 AM
How are your local caramelattes?? Maybe we need to BYO across from honeysuckle

You best hit up one of your cafes on the way. Its all bore water in Stocko

Speaking of leaving dignity behind, is the panda still having a go in goals? I hope so

The special one likes to keep people guessing.

Sounds like it'll be a good Saty!

The Spy
15-04-2016, 09:15 AM
What's the tips for this week folks?

Charlestown vs Warners Bay
Stocko vs Cookers
Jesmond vs The Terrace
Nelson Bay vs Bero
Kotara vs Barnsley

Donk
15-04-2016, 09:26 AM
What's the tips for this week folks?

Charlestown vs Warners Bay
Stocko vs Cookers
Jesmond vs The Terrace
Nelson Bay vs Bero
Kotara vs Barnsley

Bay
Draw
Jesmond
Bay
Barnsley

Butt
15-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Bay
Draw
Jesmond
Bay
Barnsley

Spot on DONK!!

Wilso8948
15-04-2016, 10:03 AM
agree with those tips except Bero will beat the bay and Kotara to beat Barnsley. Also Stocko are no hope with injuries. Dead set hospital ward last night. Hopefully we have some depth this week.

beaten favourite
15-04-2016, 10:16 AM
agree with those tips except Bero will beat the bay and Kotara to beat Barnsley. Also Stocko are no hope with injuries. Dead set hospital ward last night. Hopefully we have some depth this week.

Let the gamesmanship begin..........

Although if true I hope nothing serious

Wilso8948
15-04-2016, 10:26 AM
haha nah we have a couple out. There seems to be an unusual amount of hamstring injuries over our way. Hopefully a few will get on the park but I think there is at least 2 or 3 forced changes in first grade. No excuses though.

beaten favourite
15-04-2016, 10:27 AM
haha nah we have a couple out. There seems to be an unusual amount of hamstring injuries over our way. Hopefully a few will get on the park but I think there is at least 2 or 3 forced changes in first grade. No excuses though.

Hate to say it mate but not enough HOT YOGA classes over that way. I'll send the Mrs over to run a class...........

The Spy
15-04-2016, 11:22 AM
I'm leaning towards a draw with Kotara and Barnsley too. Kotara must've done something right last week.

beaten favourite
15-04-2016, 11:34 AM
I'm leaning towards a draw with Kotara and Barnsley too. Kotara must've done something right last week.

yep they put 3 past us. Very very hard to break down. Well drilled and organised. Couldn't believe we were playing the same team from last year that leaked like a sieve at the back. Tommy has them well drilled back there. I'd pick Kotara to win in a tight one.

Baaaaaaaaaa
16-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Charlestown 1-0
Cookers 2-1
The Terrace 5-0
Draw 2-2
Kotara 4-1

Bubbles7
16-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Nelson Bay vs Beresfield
Thirds 0-1
Reserves 1-2
Firsts 2-3
9 points for Bero today great result. All close games.

onlooker
16-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Jesmond V Terrace

3rds 3-1
Res 3-2
First 2-1

leftrightout
16-04-2016, 06:49 PM
More close games! This league is shaping up really nicely already!

The Spy
16-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Charlestown v Warners Bay
2-2 thirds
1-1 reserves
1-5 firsts

PC14
16-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Harbour Derby?

hawk
16-04-2016, 09:12 PM
heard 5-0 Cookers in 1st

Donk
16-04-2016, 09:30 PM
More close games! This league is shaping up really nicely already!
Spoke to soon

heard 5-0 Cookers in 1st

Charlestown v Warners Bay
2-2 thirds
1-1 reserves
1-5 firsts

WWMTD?
17-04-2016, 08:01 AM
9 points to cookers.
3rds: 4-0
Res: 3-1
1sts: 5-0

hawk
17-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Kot v barns
3rd 5-1
Res 4-3
1st 2-0 ht

namwob99
17-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Kot v barns
3rd 5-1
Res 4-3
1st 2-0 ht
Can ya see much hawk?

Donk
17-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Kot v barns
3rd 5-1
Res 4-3
1st 2-0 ht
2-1ft

hawk
17-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Can ya see much hawk?

wasnt too bad actally. light rain all game, ground held up well. Only saw 2nd half. teams played some decent footy, Pretty even in chances, maybe Barns controlled general play more.

3 or 4 new faces for Kotara? or is everyone uninjured this week

Donk
17-04-2016, 05:36 PM
wasnt too bad actally. light rain all game, ground held up well. Only saw 2nd half. teams played some decent footy, Pretty even in chances, maybe Barns controlled general play more.

First was pretty even up until goals then kotara held most of possession end of second half

First goal come from missed kick goal kick little chip in keeper should have saved but went through hands for easy tap in

Second goal was well worked from back to well finish on 5 mins later

Barnsley goal was penalty

Solid hit out Barnsley unlucky not to get a draw

Kotara won't be anywhere near wooden spooner as suggested

holding_midfield
17-04-2016, 10:34 PM

Same team as last week bar one change due to injury.

hawk
17-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Same team as last week bar one change due to injury.

How about compared to last year? I didnt see benno there today

KSSFC
17-04-2016, 10:58 PM
How about compared to last year? I didnt see benno there today
John Bennis isn't playing, couple others out, couple in, mainly same sqaud

leftrightout
18-04-2016, 07:10 AM
This week has been interesting and to me clears up a bit more what may happen this season.
Kotara look to be strong and one of teams to beat. Along with Cooks Hill who they beat in rd1.
Barnsley seem strong with a win in rd1 and people saying they controlled a lot of play against Kotara. Jesmond, just going about their thing without a lot of hype as they seem to do. Stockton, not a great start but a few injuries i hear? Then the other teams who are all very capable of beating any team on their day.

Donk
19-04-2016, 09:44 AM
Any other match reports?

Cooks hill vs Stocko I thought would be alot closer?

beaten favourite
19-04-2016, 09:59 AM
Any other match reports?

Cooks hill vs Stocko I thought would be alot closer?

Cook Hill took an early chance then got a pen. so 2-0 inside 10min then just kept applying pressure. Stockton didn't have the best day at the back (think they'd admit that). 4-0 at HT. Funny second half we were happy to sit back and hit on the counter. Plenty of chances for both sides in second half but some good GK/poor finishing kept it to 1 goal, an absolute bomb by our striker with the last kick of the game. In my eyes a pretty fair result. Rugged old game though, Ref struggled to gain control. Refused to pull any cards out and pretty much left the players to sort it out themselves. Stockton's pitch is horrendous. Not sure what happened to it but tough to play good football on.

Wilso8948
19-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Cook Hill took an early chance then got a pen. so 2-0 inside 10min then just kept applying pressure. Stockton didn't have the best day at the back (think they'd admit that). 4-0 at HT. Funny second half we were happy to sit back and hit on the counter. Plenty of chances for both sides in second half but some good GK/poor finishing kept it to 1 goal, an absolute bomb by our striker with the last kick of the game. In my eyes a pretty fair result. Rugged old game though, Ref struggled to gain control. Refused to pull any cards out and pretty much left the players to sort it out themselves. Stockton's pitch is horrendous. Not sure what happened to it but tough to play good football on.

Pretty bang on there mate. Good assessment. Complete off day for firsts. From what I could see ref wasnt too bad. Did let a lot go but linesman were horrible and were even worse when they were in the centre for ressies. I think we should have been left with 9 on the field in that game..
Pitch I think really struggled with no rain over the previous months and a bit of neglet coupled with high traffic hasnt done it any favours. It normally recovers well with some decent rain and sunshine although now the season has started who knows.

cobra23
19-04-2016, 11:07 AM
jeez, i thought carroba oval was the one of the best fields to play on in the rain. it was always bone dry.

Wilso8948
19-04-2016, 11:17 AM
jeez, i thought carroba oval was the one of the best fields to play on in the rain. it was always bone dry.

Used to be when it was fully sand based and one field. Then was developed for two fields and underlay was apparently supposed to hold the water better or something?? I think council cheaped out and now struggles with bare patches from pooling of water and really lush patches. This is purely what I've been told though.

WWMTD?
19-04-2016, 03:35 PM
It looked like the main problem was this weed that's was clumpy and everywhere. We at cookers are just happy someone is chatting about a worse field than ours!!

namwob99
19-04-2016, 08:29 PM
It looked like the main problem was this weed that's was clumpy and everywhere. We at cookers are just happy someone is chatting about a worse field than ours!!
It'd be better than ours at Tarro.

Kotara boys aware that we're at Raymond Terrace this weekend? Also we're in black socks this year if you have a set of a different colour.

KSSFC
20-04-2016, 08:43 AM
It'd be better than ours at Tarro.

Kotara boys aware that we're at Raymond Terrace this weekend? Also we're in black socks this year if you have a set of a different colour.

we are aware of the change in location, not aware about the socks which should be fine at our end, whats the rest of your kit look like?

leftrightout
20-04-2016, 10:43 AM
A lot of rain looking likely later in the week, how are peoples grounds holding up this year.
Kotara must be ok they played in quite heavy rain last week. Cookers, has that ground ever been washed out?
Some others may struggle though?

namwob99
20-04-2016, 12:02 PM
we are aware of the change in location, not aware about the socks which should be fine at our end, whats the rest of your kit look like?

Yeah thought I should let yas know. Purple and black mate. A lot of black.

The Spy
20-04-2016, 12:31 PM
The only thing our ground is holding up, is my fat ass during the fitness sessions...

Wilso8948
20-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Yeah thought I should let yas know. Pink and black mate. A lot of pink.

Fixed Bowey

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
20-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Certainly impressed by Raymond Terrace and can see why they went through ZL2 undefeated.

They seemed quite content to sit back early and clearly do that because they break very quickly and well. We dominated the play early and got a goal from a set piece but once they played their way into the game and started knocking it around a tad more then periods of dominance were shared fairly evenly. We went in 1 0 but they soon equalised after our defensive mixup. From there both teams had chances but we took one of ours.

I had other commitments so wasn't there myself but great to hear 20 Terrace lads back to our pub. Good luck for rest of season - definitely a threat!

namwob99
20-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Fixed Bowey

Thanks mate. Only for a little bit though.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
21-04-2016, 01:29 PM
Stockton licensed lads?

Wilso8948
21-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Stockton licensed lads?

I'll sit on the bench for this one rather then respond..

The Spy
21-04-2016, 01:45 PM
I can neither confirm nor deny that any alcohol was consumed and/or purchased at Corroba Oval.

westywayno
22-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Predictions for this weekend ????????????

Stocko hopefully by not many
Terrace
Kotara
Cookers
RAMS BAAAAAAAAA

Zephyr
22-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Stockton 4 Charlestown 0 (Heard the Charlestown coach quit!!!)
R/Terrace 3 Nelson Bay 1
Beresfield 0 Kotara 3
Cooks Hill 2 Barnsley 1
W/Bay 2 Jesmond 2

Donk
22-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Stockton
Terrace
Kotara
Barnsley
Bay

westywayno
22-04-2016, 02:18 PM
Yeah bit of trouble at Charlie hopefully the boys can move forward with an improved result form last week.
Midfield was lacking/non existent at time's

westywayno
22-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Stockton licensed lads?

Your shout if it is

WWMTD?
23-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Cooks Hill vs Barnsley is off today. Ground too wet

leftrightout
23-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Cooks Hill vs Barnsley is off today. Ground too wet

Rare for athletics park to be out isn't it?

Wilso8948
23-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Stocko v Charlie is off

Bulldogs 1962
23-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Rare for athletics park to be out isn't it?

Have to be first time in years, long weekend conspiracy?

Donk
23-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Have to be first time in years, long weekend conspiracy?
Do Newfm play at home tomorrow?

Goovin in the moo?

Donk
23-04-2016, 11:19 AM
NL would be all over this for easy 9 point weekend for them

Bulldogs 1962
23-04-2016, 11:38 AM

Even jesmond park isn't washed out

Retro Jet
23-04-2016, 12:09 PM
Check 24hr rainfall dudes.
Very coastal rain figures over 30mm.
3rd?4th most coastal field probably after Coroba, Blacksmiths & Myamblah.

Bulldogs 1962
23-04-2016, 12:15 PM

Only jokes mate, suits us actually we were definitely short on numbers, I think it was getting up to 15 out and 4-5 of those from 1st grade. Just hope don't have to wait to long for catch up

Donk
23-04-2016, 12:16 PM

All good mate have been told it's pretty wet but got to stir the pot just a little.

Bulldogs 1962
23-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Also we don't have the contacts like the eagles to get an association member out to a ground on Saturday

Donk
23-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Only jokes mate, suits us actually we were definitely short on numbers, I think it was getting up to 15 out and 4-5 of those from 1st grade. Just hope don't have to wait to long for catch up

One less I miss out on

onlooker
23-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Terrace V N Bay
3rds 1-3
Res 2-1
First 6-1

Donk
23-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Terrace V N Bay
3rds 1-3
Res 2-1
First 6-1

Report on game big score for first

KSSFC
23-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Bero vs Kotara
3rds 1-3
Res 4-3
1st 3-0

Bad day for the Tigers. Bero were too good today in first grade and deserved the result. Very handy side with some very good ball players. Top 4 side in my opinion

Donk
23-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Bero vs Kotara
3rds 1-3
Res 4-3
1st 3-0

Bad day for the Tigers. Bero were too good today in first grade and deserved the result. Very handy side with some very good ball players. Top 4 side in my opinion

Good result kotara's a tough side

Rocko
23-04-2016, 07:51 PM

Move on mate, your ground was fine that day.

namwob99
23-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Bero vs Kotara
3rds 1-3
Res 4-3
1st 3-0

Thanks again to the Kotara boys and Raymond Terrace for allowing us to move ground. Appreciate it lads.

All 3 games were tough battles and it was a good day for us.

Bulldogs 1962
23-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Move on mate, your ground was fine that day.

Well we didn't get to play today donk but looks like you landed one hook line and sinker on your fishing expedition haha

Zephyr
25-04-2016, 08:44 AM
Warners Bay vs Jesmond

Thirds 2-3
Reserves 1-1
Firsts 0-4

Good day for the Rams

namwob99
25-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Warners Bay vs Jesmond

Thirds 2-3
Reserves 1-1
Firsts 0-4

Good day for the Rams

Going off the above, whoever updated sporting pulse has swapped 1sts and 3rds results.

Baaaaaaaaaa
25-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Interested to see what people's thoughts and predictions are for the top four. If they have changed from the the predictions I seen before the first match. I did see Jesmond predicted to come 7th or 8th.
Also Stockton where picked to be in the 4 by a few, which I think is probably not right at this stage.
Terrace a quality and I think they will give it a shake.

Donk
25-04-2016, 04:19 PM
Interested to see what people's thoughts and predictions are for the top four. If they have changed from the the predictions I seen before the first match. I did see Jesmond predicted to come 7th or 8th.
Also Stockton where picked to be in the 4 by a few, which I think is probably not right at this stage.
Terrace a quality and I think they will give it a shake.

It should be a close comp

Baaaaaaaaaa
26-04-2016, 06:01 AM
It should be a close comp

Yeah I think so as well, especially the top 4-6 teams.

leftrightout
26-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Yeah I think so as well, especially the top 4-6 teams.

Who would you say are the top 4-6 teams?

Wilso8948
26-04-2016, 10:37 AM
I reckon it'll take a few weeks to see what happens. Clubs depths will be tested and I think a few teams are underperforming and a few are punching above their weight

Baaaaaaaaaa
26-04-2016, 10:53 AM

Obviously hard to say this early but it's all in good fun for predictions.
I think top 6 would be,
Terrace
Berro
Cookers
Kotara
Warners Bay
So four would stay the same for me, I'd bring terrace in for Stockton at the moment and probably 6th would be Jesmond coming into the list.

leftrightout
26-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Obviously hard to say this early but it's all in good fun for predictions.
I think top 6 would be,
Terrace
Berro
Cookers
Kotara
Warners Bay
So four would stay the same for me, I'd bring terrace in for Stockton at the moment and probably 6th would be Jesmond coming into the list.

Jesmond 6th yet they have won 3 from 3 all against teams you have put in the top 4-5? People here seem to be constantly overlooking what they do.

After a few rounds my prediction is that you will be able to throw a blanket over 8 teams. They all seem very even! Each team will have to show up ready to play every game otherwise they can kiss points goodbye.
In no order the top 8 are:

Jesmond
Cooks Hill
Warners Bay
Kotara
Barnsley
Terrace
Bero
Stockton

But good luck picking a 4 from them!

The other two will fight for survival in my opinion.

Baaaaaaaaaa
26-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Jesmond 6th yet they have won 3 from 3 all against teams you have put in the top 4-5? People here seem to be constantly overlooking what they do.

After a few rounds my prediction is that you will be able to throw a blanket over 8 teams. They all seem very even! Each team will have to show up ready to play every game otherwise they can kiss points goodbye.
In no order the top 8 are:

Jesmond
Cooks Hill
Warners Bay
Kotara
Barnsley
Terrace
Bero
Stockton

But good luck picking a 4 from them!

The other two will fight for survival in my opinion.

Well I am a betting man lol... I'm going off little info as well, but thought Jesmond may have been lucky 2 out of the three, as well as injuries in the other clubs.? The other reason is that I thought they may have lost players to other clubs again this year! I was very supprised seeing the Jesmond and W/Bay result, not sure what happened there, as I thought W/Bay where probably a team that would be very hard to beat! If anyone wants to give a report?
Be a betting man and give me your top four 😉 It is hard though.

leftrightout
26-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Well I am a betting man lol... I'm going off little info as well, but thought Jesmond may have been lucky 2 out of the three, as well as injuries in the other clubs.? The other reason is that I thought they may have lost players to other clubs again this year! I was very supprised seeing the Jesmond and W/Bay result, not sure what happened there, as I thought W/Bay where probably a team that would be very hard to beat! If anyone wants to give a report?
Be a betting man and give me your top four 😉 It is hard though.

Yeah fair enough, i dont know anything about jesmond besides their results but interesting to hear.
OK my top 4 since i now know more about teams and have seen a couple of games.

1st Cooks Hill (Shakey start but seem to be the team to beat still)
2nd Warners Bay (Had a decent start, seem strong)
3rd Stockton (ill stick with them to come good, i know they havent had a good start but i still think they will be there)
4th Barnsley (Come from ZPL and have alot of the same squad by the looks of it, even though they lost they were very good in the 2nd half that i saw against Kotara who are a very good team too)

Zephyr
26-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Big game between Jesmond and Stockton this weekend. A win for Stocko puts them back in the title picture with a catchup game against Charlestown. A win for Jeso potentially opens a decent gap at the top and proves the doubters wrong.

Baaaaaaaaaa
26-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Yeah fair enough, i dont know anything about jesmond besides their results but interesting to hear.
OK my top 4 since i now know more about teams and have seen a couple of games.

1st Cooks Hill (Shakey start but seem to be the team to beat still)
2nd Warners Bay (Had a decent start, seem strong)
3rd Stockton (ill stick with them to come good, i know they havent had a good start but i still think they will be there)
4th Barnsley (Come from ZPL and have alot of the same squad by the looks of it, even though they lost they were very good in the 2nd half that i saw against Kotara who are a very good team too)

Nice, love your work. Hopefully some more people chime in with their thoughts. Makes for interesting talk.

Baaaaaaaaaa
26-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Big game between Jesmond and Stockton this weekend. A win for Stocko puts them back in the title picture with a catchup game against Charlestown. A win for Jeso potentially opens a decent gap at the top and proves the doubters wrong.
Yeah I think this game may answer a few questions.

leftrightout
26-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Yeah I think this game may answer a few questions.

Or throw up even more questions!

Passtheballmate
26-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Report on game big score for first

Terrace dominated and were up 5 nil by half time with some good build up goals and counters with Speed.Game was all but over at half time. Bay came out and scored an easy tap in early in second. Terrace got another one and decided to rest a few players early. Keeper for the Bay saved the game from being a whitewash in the second. Good 3 points to the Terrace. Dont know about other grades, Only go to watch 1st.

Passtheballmate
26-04-2016, 05:53 PM

Bit hard to predict the top 4 to 6 after only 3 games.. It's like predicting Arsenal to win the title at the start of the year when you know they will throw it away to finish 4th come money end of the season.

Every team in this comp is beatable on the day. Injuries and squad strength will be a big factor throughout the year.

leftrightout
26-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Bit hard to predict the top 4 to 6 after only 3 games.. It's like predicting Arsenal to win the title at the start of the year when you know they will throw it away to finish 4th come money end of the season.

Every team in this comp is beatable on the day. Injuries and squad strength will be a big factor throughout the year.

I was told that Stockton and Barnsley both have quite a few injuries already. That was a reason I have still put them in my top 4 thinking that once both are back to full strength at the business end of the season they should go well. Might only be room for one of them by then though.

Donk
27-04-2016, 05:52 AM
Nice, love your work. Hopefully some more people chime in with their thoughts. Makes for interesting talk.

Barnsley obviously my bias opinion.
Jesmond will keep winning while ppl are thinking they are punching above their weight.
Cooks hill very strong team hearing they have a few new/old players come back to team from newfm starting to look like the old zpl team.
Bero/terrace dnt know much about these teams just going off results

No real order.

Baaaaaaaaaa
27-04-2016, 08:24 AM
Ok time for some more predictions. This weekends fixtures.
Warners Bay vs Nelson Bay 3-1
Charlestown vs Cookers 1-4
Jesmond vs Stockton 2-1
Barnsley vs Bero 0-2
Kotara vs Terrace 1-1

Donk
27-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Jesmond vs Stockton 2-1
Barnsley vs Bero 0-2
Kotara vs Terrace 1-1

Draw
Cookers
Jesmond
Barnsley
Terrace

The Spy
27-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Jesmond vs Stockton 2-1
Barnsley vs Bero 0-2
Kotara vs Terrace 1-1

Bay
Cookers
Jesmond
Draw
Draw

Donk
27-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Bay
Cookers
Jesmond
Draw
Draw
Good chance the Bay will win ha ha ha

The Anvil
27-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Jesmond vs Stockton 2-1
Barnsley vs Bero 0-2
Kotara vs Terrace 1-1

Warners bay
Cooks hill
Jesmond
Beresfield
Kotara

Out of the teams I've played if have to say Beresfield were the most impressive and missing a few players due to groovin the moo. Not overly convinced about Barnsley but results over the next few weeks will be interesting. Cooks hill were apparently missing players too when we played them. Still pretty even Comp I'd say, too early for my top 4 at the moment...

The Anvil

Passtheballmate
27-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Jesmond vs Stockton 2-1
Barnsley vs Bero 0-2
Kotara vs Terrace 1-1

Warners Bay
Cooks Hill
Jesmond
Draw
Terrace

onlooker
27-04-2016, 06:05 PM
Jesmond vs Stockton 2-1
Barnsley vs Bero 0-2
Kotara vs Terrace 1-1
W Bay
Draw
Draw
Barnsley
Terrace

GuzmanGomez
27-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Jesmond vs Stockton 2-1
Barnsley vs Bero 0-2
Kotara vs Terrace 1-1

WBay
CTown
Jeso
Bero
Kotara (This is a result that will determine a lot for me, should be a close one)

Kicktheball
28-04-2016, 11:12 AM
WBay
CTown
Jeso
Bero
Kotara (This is a result that will determine a lot for me, should be a close one)

Warners bay
Cookers
Stockton (to come good)
Barnsley
Kotara

beaten favourite
29-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Boys,can anyone from Charlestown confirm that our game this weekend is on Sunday. There is some confusion at Cooks Hill as 1 draw we have says Saturday and Sportingpulse has Sunday? And please answer honestly!!!!!!!

Roger
29-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Definitely Sunday mate.

Cabaye#4
30-04-2016, 04:30 PM
The draw was amended by the federation as they were waiting to finalise the juniors draws, and then see how it would impact on senior clubs that groundshare. As a result 6 of Charlestown's 9 home games have been moved to Sunday kickoffs.

The federation has also stated they will not approve kickoffs after 4pm on weekends unless there are special circumstances.

namwob99
30-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Barnsley vs Bero

Firsts 0-3
Res 3-1
3rds 2-1
The main game was uuuugly!!

Donk
30-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Barnsley vs Bero

Firsts 0-3
Res 3-1
3rds 2-1
The main game was uuuugly!!

Dnt like the sound of that.. Boys have been playing good football.

Explain ugly unfortunately I wasn't able to be there today..

Wins in Res n 3rds will be welcomed.

namwob99
30-04-2016, 05:54 PM

More meant an ugly win for us.

Bubbles7
30-04-2016, 06:03 PM

Both teams tried to play some good stuff but were both forced into playing some more direct stuff due to some pressure on the ball. Hard fought game, tough tackles, speculative dougy reffing. Will take 3 points there any day in a game like that.

Wilso8948
30-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Stocko v jeso
3rds - called off due to broken leg.
Ressies 1-0
Good to get our first win. Probably should have been a few more but will take the 3 points.
First 0-1
Pretty even until last 20 or so when stocko took control and had a heap of chances. Missed an absolute sitter and were on top until Jeso went down on the counter and scored with the absolute last kick of the game to jag the win.

Kicktheball
30-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Stocko v jeso
3rds - called off due to broken leg.
Ressies 1-0
Good to get our first win. Probably should have been a few more but will take the 3 points.
First 0-1
Pretty even until last 20 or so when stocko took control and had a heap of chances. Missed an absolute sitter and were on top until Jeso went down on the counter and scored with the absolute last kick of the game to jag the win.

Stockton definitely deserved to win 1st grade. Took control the whole game, just couldn't get the end result.

JDryden
30-04-2016, 11:53 PM
Didnt get to catch jezo firsts game but heard scraped the win. were looking like good team. 4 from 4 up the boys

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
01-05-2016, 07:46 AM
First of all best of luck to all the injured guys from Jesmond v Stockton, I know we have heaps and you had a couple too.

I'll leave lower grades as didn't see much apart from our under strength reggies struggling.

Onto 1sts, to say we were lucky is an understatement. Any time a game is won with last kick of game one team can feel themselves hard done by and the other fortunate. Happened to us out at Belswans in FFA Cup and it's horribly draining. We celebrated result and effort, not performance.

I cannot agree with above comment that Stocko took control of whole game, not even close. They did have periods of dominance that's for sure but if wasn't for their goalkeeper, the game would have been gone. He saved brilliantly 1 on 1 in first minute and then a wonderful save in second half in which he would have been unsighted until last second as ball went top right through a crowd. Solid throughout.

As for opposition player suggesting "how much did you pay refs". I guess it's a case of rub of the green as mentioned above. We have already started to address that we weren't good enough and acknowledge we will play better and not get 3 points at times this season.

Rather than blaming others, I wonder if the 2 sitters that were missed, the cheap turnover of possession that lead to the goal, the over commitment of players forward, the not playing the whistle, the not getting goal side fast enough and the not following the runner were all mentioned? Any one of those things could have avoided the goal. It can be easier to blame a 20yo girl (who is doing quite well)and her linesman though. This post is getting long enough to go into but I feel was legit goal.

Good luck going fwd Stocko. Very good outfit and I can't say I'm looking forward to meeting you on your own paddock. Will be tough!

onlooker
01-05-2016, 09:12 AM
Kotara V Terrace OFF

Passtheballmate
01-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Kotara V Terrace OFF

Were any other games called off this today? Cookers V Charlestown??

How much rain did Kotara get at their field?

Passtheballmate
01-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Stockton definitely deserved to win 1st grade. Took control the whole game, just couldn't get the end result.

If they couldn't get the end result then how did they deserve to win??

onlooker
01-05-2016, 03:37 PM

No idea mate I'm a Terrace player, from memory of playing cricket on that field this year it's pretty hard so I would have though the rain may have softened it up. But not living in the area have no idea how much rain they got.

boz-monaut
01-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Charlestown v Cooks Hill United

3rds 1 — 4
Res 2 — 1
1st 0 — 3

namwob99
01-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Charlestown v Cooks Hill United

3rds 1 — 4
Res 2 — 1
1st 0 — 3
How'd the pitch hold up?

boz-monaut
01-05-2016, 05:36 PM
no idea, I've just pinched the results off the facebook

beaten favourite
01-05-2016, 06:18 PM
How'd the pitch hold up?

Usual issue with Charlie, soft but pretty nice out wide. Cricket square a quagmire. By first grade mud was ankle deep. glad we played though 2 wash outs in a row would have been ordinary.

hawk
01-05-2016, 11:04 PM

rained over night then fair flogged for half hour or more at 9 ish. not as bad as the pics above

Kicktheball
02-05-2016, 07:42 AM
If they couldn't get the end result then how did they deserve to win??

I just thought Stockton played the better game mate. That's all. Was a good game!

namwob99
02-05-2016, 09:13 AM
The more people that put their reviews on here the more disagreements there'll be as football is a game of opinions. The only truthful way of judging a game is the scoreboard.

Wilso8948
02-05-2016, 09:27 AM
I think Rams assessment was pretty correct. The game certainly wasn't dominated by Stockton. Was an arm wrestle until the last 10 or so. Looked as though we would run over the top by the end. But Jeso bagged a goal and the rest is history.
I didn't have a drama with the goal as it looked ok from the sideline. I'm not sure what some of the boys were frustrated about. I think they were arguing there was another player involved in the through ball that may have been in an offside position. Was probably mixed in with some frustration of a hard fought game coming away with nothing.

namwob99
04-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Anyone from Barnsley going to update SP?

Also I'm hearing Charly are up 2-0 against Stoko 20 mins in.

BUSSC
04-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Anyone from Barnsley going to update SP?

Was done on Monday, just checked and results are saved in there, not sure why they aren't showing up?

beaten favourite
04-05-2016, 08:33 PM
CHUFC would like to invite the Bero boys for a few frothies and a bit of banter in our new and improved post match facilities at the Athletics Track on Saturday!!!! Just need a collared shirt gents, no need for a jacket or tie

namwob99
04-05-2016, 09:48 PM
CHUFC would like to invite the Bero boys for a few frothies and a bit of banter in our new and improved post match facilities at the Athletics Track on Saturday!!!! Just need a collared shirt gents, no need for a jacket or tie

Our shirts are collared and we like beer. May be a goer.

westywayno
04-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Charlie up 2-1 over stocko. Stocko 12 is an absolute grub. Another game at stockton in a week and yet another ambulance. Hope your all good Shermo

WWMTD?
04-05-2016, 10:34 PM

The nest back in action! And if you're still thirsty we will be heading back to the sponsor 'the commonwealth hotel' after that

Wilso8948
05-05-2016, 06:50 AM
Charlie up 2-1 over stocko. Stocko 12 is an absolute grub. Another game at stockton in a week and yet another ambulance. Hope your all good Shermo

I can't comment on last night's game as I was not there. All the best to the recovering player. But to point fingers at the club as to the high rate of ambulance calls is naïve and idiotic. Firstly the games on the weekend were at Jesmond. Secondly both ambulances on the weekend were called for a 50/50 clash between our keeper and a Jeso player. With the Jeso player receiving a broken leg and our keeper treated for Concussion. This was an incident that could not be avoided. Its a shame that there has been a series of events that has lead to a few injuries.

leftrightout
05-05-2016, 07:07 AM
Charlie up 2-1 over stocko.

Huge result for both teams, could kick start Charlie after a poor start and just continues Stocktons poor start, come on Stocko i picked you for top 4. I guess this is why i always lose my multis!

westywayno
05-05-2016, 07:30 AM
Two things that piss me off is the fact a bloke on a hat trick who was playing well was dog shotted after the whistle ( Ended up in a neck brace on a spinal board) and the ref hand's out a yellow come on BOO ref.
I like players that play with heart and passion but thugs should be punished.
The result is a Charlie player latter drags him down and he cops a yellow card, this sould never of happened as the Stocko player should have been in the shower.
At the end of the day it's a game yeah accidents happen but players all have lives and jobs off the field.
Rant over

rolo
05-05-2016, 10:25 AM

That is a moronic thing to say! Yes there have been ambulances to two of our games but to cite us as the reason for that is ridiculous! We feel for the bloke and definitely hope he is ok. Best wishes to him.
What about the bloke from Charlestown who hit someone shin high with his studs showing on repeated occasions only to give away a free kick. Or the bloke in reserve grade who made severally ill timed tackles throughout the night. But you don't hear us crying murder because no one ended in hospital. It's just fortunate it didn't.
But to blame our club for the ambulances is ridiculous! And something you should think about. It's like saying that Jesmond park should be abandoned for the rest of the season as there was two concussions, two broken legs, broken ribs and a potentially fractured eye socket that took place there on Saturday.
Im not saying it wasn't a careless tackle but when both players who confirmed they didn't hear a whistle both play on and a crunching tackle is made that results in a bloke being hurt. Doesn't mean our club are out to hurt people.
So next time please think about your words before you go making accusations about a club.
Id be more worried about the bloke from Charlestown who was rather quiet at the start of the game. But once a few cans of liquid courage were consumed decided to berate the player with all kinds of foul language in front of women and children. And then once the game was over decided to harass said 'thug' following him to the change rooms and following him into the car park as he left the ground calling him out and threatening him. To me that is 'thug' like behaviour and far more concerning then a few injuries that happen in a game of football.

Thanks to most of the Charlestown boys who generally were in good spirit and great to get along with!

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
05-05-2016, 10:53 AM
The main issue was the way a handful of the Stockton players reacted to the incident, patting the culprit on the back, high fiving him congratulating him on a "great challenge". Very inconsiderate to a guy laying on the ground clearly in a world of hurt who was hit a good 2 - 3 seconds after a free kick had already been given.

The late hit was very clearly done with intent to harm the Charlestown player, god knows what referees consider to be red card worthy these days.

leftyrightytoey
05-05-2016, 10:59 AM
That is a moronic thing to say! Yes there have been ambulances to two of our games but to cite us as the reason for that is ridiculous! We feel for the bloke and definitely hope he is ok. Best wishes to him.
What about the bloke from Charlestown who hit someone shin high with his studs showing on repeated occasions only to give away a free kick. Or the bloke in reserve grade who made severally ill timed tackles throughout the night. But you don't hear us crying murder because no one ended in hospital. It's just fortunate it didn't.
But to blame our club for the ambulances is ridiculous! And something you should think about. It's like saying that Jesmond park should be abandoned for the rest of the season as there was two concussions, two broken legs, broken ribs and a potentially fractured eye socket that took place there on Saturday.
Im not saying it wasn't a careless tackle but when both players who confirmed they didn't hear a whistle both play on and a crunching tackle is made that results in a bloke being hurt. Doesn't mean our club are out to hurt people.
So next time please think about your words before you go making accusations about a club.
Id be more worried about the bloke from Charlestown who was rather quiet at the start of the game. But once a few cans of liquid courage were consumed decided to berate the player with all kinds of foul language in front of women and children. And then once the game was over decided to harass said 'thug' following him to the change rooms and following him into the car park as he left the ground calling him out and threatening him. To me that is 'thug' like behaviour and far more concerning then a few injuries that happen in a game of football.

Thanks to most of the Charlestown boys who generally were in good spirit and great to get along with!

I Don't usually post on here but to put the tackle/challenge into the "careless" basket or say both players played on is a dead set gee up! Was as blatant a red card (only received yellow for those playing at home) as you will see regardless of the injury! Verbal abuse (not saying is ok as it isn't) doesn't even come close to a guy needing to be loaded into a ambo in a neck brace on a spinal board! to say you would be more worried about the verbals over a player making those sorts of challenges is mind blowing!

Not mentioning any other challenge(s), or the ambos at jeso as didn't see any and don't believe its relevant but was an atrocious challenge so surely you would understand the bloke copped a bit of stick for it. As for the language there was more coming from the pitch from both teams.

beaten favourite
05-05-2016, 11:02 AM
I'm not commenting on the above incident but just wanted to gauge people's opinions on the refereeing this year? It's never been fantastic at this level but the lower grade games I've watched this year have been appalling. From a first grade perspective I can't remember a stretch of games with fewer cards (and it's not cause blokes are playing cleaner). The way it's progressing if the ref's don't assert themselves early with a couple of cards the game can just degenerate into a shit fight as blokes try and 'police' it themselves knowing that there aren't consequences. I'm certainly not saying that's what happened last night but from a players perspective you get a bit nervous about injuries due to ref's losing control.
I know nothing can be done about it, but I've certainly noticed it this year more than most. Hopefully it's just been us!!! Interested in people's thoughts?????

Buddha
05-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Were you inside his mind were you? He went in for a strong challenge to stop the player from dribbling into the box as they both didn't hear the whistle and thought play was still live. It was just unfortunate the player was just a little bit too quick. The only person that night who had the intention to harm was the muppet who had too many cans and thought he was Conor McGregor trying to fight the bloke in the car park. Pretty tough for a bloke who wouldn't go anywhere near the Stocko player in reserve grade

Buddha
05-05-2016, 11:05 AM
How was it a blatant red card? A head clash warrants a red card these days does it? Well that'll do me

PC14
05-05-2016, 11:12 AM
It was just unfortunate the player was just a little bit too quick.

How quick? Quicker then the 10 for Bero?

leftyrightytoey
05-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Yes from standing on top of Stockton bridge and hearing the sound the challenge made was definitely only a head clash.... The guy stopped and was relaxed as he heard the whistle, ball was gone and got hammered with clear intent. If you see the challenge as any other way then usually agree to disagree but in this case I find that very hard.
Enough on that from me was good to see the guys get the first points of the year as was clearly needed. Well done lads.

rolo
05-05-2016, 11:37 AM
I agree. Move on and agree to disagree.
Surely a reserve grade player chasing a player into the car park threatening and calling out a player is definitely ok then?

rolo
05-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Aside from disagreement. How is the bloke who was injured? An update would be great as a few people are wondering and hoping he's ok

Roger
05-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Aside from disagreement. How is the bloke who was injured? An update would be great as a few people are wondering and hoping he's ok
Apparently scans cleared him of any broken bones. Concussion,swollen cheek/eye n a vicious headache.
Also, thanks again to the trainer from Stockton. She knew her stuff, did well helping keep the injured bloke calm and was all round helpful.

rolo
05-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Apparently scans cleared him of any broken bones. Concussion,swollen cheek/eye n a vicious headache.
Also, thanks again to the trainer from Stockton. She knew her stuff, did well helping keep the injured bloke calm and was all round helpful.
Great to hear! Thanks for the update. Will pass on your thanks to her. She does know her stuff. Pretty handy to have likes of her and senior St Johns ambulance officer within our ranks.

namwob99
05-05-2016, 12:27 PM

Can confirm Stoko are good at looking after injured opponents.

Is there a trainer at Stoko just to keep Wilso on the park?

Wilso8948
05-05-2016, 12:35 PM
I'm not commenting on the above incident but just wanted to gauge people's opinions on the refereeing this year? It's never been fantastic at this level but the lower grade games I've watched this year have been appalling. From a first grade perspective I can't remember a stretch of games with fewer cards (and it's not cause blokes are playing cleaner). The way it's progressing if the ref's don't assert themselves early with a couple of cards the game can just degenerate into a shit fight as blokes try and 'police' it themselves knowing that there aren't consequences. I'm certainly not saying that's what happened last night but from a players perspective you get a bit nervous about injuries due to ref's losing control.
I know nothing can be done about it, but I've certainly noticed it this year more than most. Hopefully it's just been us!!! Interested in people's thoughts?????

Yeh I agree some of the officiating has been terribly inconsistent. Soft calls coupled with refs letting clearly reckless tackles go. I do agree that if this isn't nipped in the bud early then players take it into their own hands. I've certainly been guilty of this. I think the problem is some of the refs have absolutely no people skills whatsoever. I would say that over 75% of being a ref would be interpersonal skills and how they interact with players. They have an extremely difficult job and the problem is there is such a small pool of refs to choose from so picking and choosing who has the best man management skills just isn't possible. Most clubs will take what they get as long as its an official.

Wilso8948
05-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Can confirm Stoko are good at looking after injured opponents.

Is there a trainer at Stoko just to keep Wilso on the park?

Its a full time job Bowey. She takes her cut from my match payments.

The Spy
05-05-2016, 12:39 PM

Can confirm The Spy has had a spell on the sidelines for telling a ref how badly he was refereeing this year.

namwob99
05-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Its a full time job Bowey. She takes her cut from my match payments.

My thoughts exactly. You take a pay cut this year to play reggies?

Wilso8948
05-05-2016, 12:51 PM
My thoughts exactly. You take a pay cut this year to play reggies?

Haha yeh something like that. Actually fuming I'm away for the trip up to Tarro park. Looking forward to the return leg. Hopefullly I don't get shot by that sniper that follows me around.

namwob99
05-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Haha yeh something like that. Actually fuming I'm away for the trip up to Tarro park. Looking forward to the return leg. Hopefullly I don't get shot by that sniper that follows me around.

There's no field at Tarro Park. Lol. Neal will be spewing too, was gonna play ressies that game. You'll be injured for the return leg.

Wilso8948
05-05-2016, 01:13 PM
There's no field at Tarro Park. Lol. Neal will be spewing too, was gonna play ressies that game. You'll be injured for the return leg.

Thanks for the confidence. Maybe me and Neally can mark eachother in wheelchairs.

Kicktheball
05-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Predictions for the weekend fellas???